Frigidaire Microwaves

Compare Microwaves

Research top Microwaves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My microwave's appearance is simple and basic, which is fine for its purpose. It has a black outside and a white inside, with a clear glass removable plate. It has performed well since I got it about three years ago. I would say my microwave is a good value. I would expect it to last several more to be a really good value, but based on what I can tell so far, it seems like a cost-efficient choice. The size of my microwave is fine, although the inside might be a little easier to clean if it were slightly bigger and the inside glass plate were lighter and easier to move. But overall I am very satisfied with it.

I bought a Frigidaire ffcm1134ls countertop microwave about three weeks ago to replace my old microwave after the magnetron finally gave out. Well, I think I might have gotten a dud. The Frigidaire was the right size for my needs, got a mug of water hot enough for tea in exactly two minutes, sure looked slick, and functioned correctly... for about two weeks.

Last Friday, I decided halfway into microwaving my morning mug of water for tea that I wanted coffee instead and cancelled the cook cycle. When I came home from work, the keypad was showing 00:00 and the light, turntable, and fan were on - everything but the magnetron, which by the way is really loud in this particular model. Just a slowly-spinning mug of cold water and disappointment. The keypad would not respond to any combination of touches, and I unplugged the microwave in hopes of resetting it somehow. No luck - every time I plug it into any outlet, it just starts doing what it was doing again.

I called Frigidaire this morning. The CS representative was nice and seemed knowledgeable enough, but informed me that there's nothing I can do about the malfunction. She told me to look in the mail for a buy-back letter in a few days. I guess the hunt for a good microwave continues. I probably won't buy a replacement of the same make and model though. And again, that magnetron is actually pretty loud, as far as microwaves go.

Fast and easy to use! It is very modern looking and goes well with my other appliances and is available in black, silver and white. I like the appearance and it has a nice clock on the front and a door handle and large numbers for easy reading. Mine is a large at 36 inches and is able to heat a wide variety of containers. There is a small and medium available as well. I think there is a size that would suit anyone. Frigidaire's cost is worth the product because it is high quality and long lasting! It has features like defrost and auto timer and is a very nice product to look at. I have really loved my microwave and have owned it over 7 years.

I like the appearance of the appliance. It is visually appealing. The outside is all black with a see through front window. The numbers and words to describe the different functions available on the buttons are in white. It was large enough for heating large bowls and large plates of food. I was very happy with the size. There were many different sizes available when I purchased the microwave and I am glad I made the perfect choice for me. The cost of the product was very low but worked great all of the time. It was very sturdy and strong. Also, it was easy to use and the different functions always cooked the food perfectly the first time. I would recommend this product to others.

The microwave heats well and quickly to which I am very happy. Food gets nice and hot. It has worked for many years. We are very happy with this brand. It is a good brand. The product is reasonable and allows for me to have a convenient product for my family to use every day. The size availability is good and fits well with our kitchen. It is able to hold big containers of food to heat up. The size works well for our family. It has a very nice, clean look to it. It is not too simple or fancy but nice in the middle and perfect for all of our microwave needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

I needed a microwave that got the job done well but didn't break the bank and Frigidaire was perfect. For such a reasonably priced microwave, I was pleasantly surprised by the sleek and stylish design. I'd recommend this microwave to anyone looking for modern. Also, the size was exactly what I was looking for. It wasn't so big as to take up all my counter space but it wasn't so small as to not fit all of the different things I cook inside of it. In addition, all the buttons were easy to read and it was very simple to use. It has performed better than I thought it would for the price. It was powerful and cooked the food evenly while still not making a ton of noise. It lasted lots of years without needing repairs or replacement.

I have had this microwave for a couple of years. I had a variety to chose from and I am glad I pick this one. I find it has great power. It's very easy to read panel. For what you are getting great value for your money. This microwave has a lot of function to chose from. I also had too many sizes to chose from and the size was perfect for my counter space. Inside the microwave there was enough room to heat up a variety of product. The appearance of the microwave was very easy to use and keep clean. No problem to operate. If I have to pick other one I would get this one.

My microwave makes excellent use of space. It fits above the range nicely and sits nearly flush with my cabinets. This is so much better than it taking up valuable space on my kitchen counter. This microwave matches my other appliances quite nicely. I would caution that it can get greasy being above the range. But overall it is just fine. Most things cook evenly and efficiently. The popcorn button is my family's favorite feature. It was not the cheapest or the most expensive but I certainly feel that I got my money's worth with this microwave. I would certainly recommend it.

Everything is great. Good price for the value you get. Does all it's supposed to, from thawing out things to cooking. It really works very well, with no problems, and very versatile. Very pleasant to look at, fits well and goes well with the looks of the kitchen. Sits well on the counter and is quite easy to clean and is durable.

The microwave is easy to clean and doesn't stain. Since it cleans well, the inside stays attractive as well. The sleek modern look of the stainless steel paired with the easy to read display produces a clean look in my kitchen. When looking for a microwave, this was the size I was hoping to purchase. It fits perfectly in my kitchen and is very comparable to the size of previous microwaves I have owned. It also cooks food evenly. It is very efficient and produces quality food. Therefore, I feel the price paid for this microwave justifies its value. Overall I am please with the performance of this microwave.

The microwave worked as it should and lasted about 8 years. It recently quit heating and I have not replaced it yet. I paid about $90 and I feel that was a good value for the length of time I had the microwave and its quality. It heated well and lasted an average amount of time. I deliberately purchased a smaller microwave due to the limited counter space I have in my current condition. It fit most everything I needed it to. It's a smallish black microwave and it worked. Function was more important than appearance.

My microwave is easy to clean, does a good job cooking or warming foods, and has only had one problem which was easy to fix in 19 years. The microwave was of average cost, it fits neatly above my stove and has multiple functions; I especially like the potato and popcorn settings. It has room enough in the inside to do anything I need to do. It came in different colors; however, I picked white for mine and it blends in well with my kitchen. It also has an easy to use keypad on the front.

It looks nice but doesn't stand out that much, and is naive stainless steel appearance. It is very small but not that small. The cooking part is good size but the outside is pretty small too. It will fit nice on your countertop. It works great for making popcorn, cooking and warming up things, what else do you use a microwave for. The other good thing is the defrost of meats that are frozen. Its costs aren't that bad. We have had it for 3 yrs now and it still worked great.

I bought all Frigidaire appliances and in less than 3 months the Microwave started doing weird sparks like every time we use it. We called Frigidaire and they send third party to check it and the guy was shocked so he took pictures and called Frigidaire and they said to send it and paint it!!! What? Less than 3 months old Microwave you will do such that.

I tried to tell them how pissed I am and I am a customer who bought full appliances but they don't care, I took pictures and I did write a review in Facebook and they did ban me! What? No way?!?!? So they want to fool more consumers. Seriously don't buy Frigidaire and buy some other brands who got a lot of edges over them, and believe me they did turn me into a bad marketing person for them for a price of Microwave. Don't buy it and let us be positive and help people to know bad brands from good ones.

The microwave is black with a sleek front control panel. It really is nothing fancy, but it does look nice. It is easy to clean inside and out. The size is the average countertop sized microwave. It fits perfect between the wall and the refrigerator. It is not too big and it is not too small. The cost was low, it was on sale. I believe the value of the product with the price paid is the best. I have definitely got my money's worth and it is still going. It has many different functions that all work great. I have used most of them and never had a problem. I would recommend if asked. I have owned several different microwaves in the past and this one is my favorite.

Frigidaire Microwaves has a selection of sizes, styles and colors. The size I have is large enough to cook when you have people show out of nowhere and you have nothing ready to serve. Also, it cooks fast and effective. In addition, the children and I can read the words and numbers displayed on the microwave. It's also cost effective, very durable, easy to clean and greater than another brand that I have used. The manufacturing book is very important. They have made it easy to read and it shows you how to clean along with the use of it. I would recommend Frigidaire.

It heats food very fast and evenly. I have been able to cook pies and other deserts in this microwave as well. This microwave is great at defrosting too, without overcooking the edges at all. It is five years old without any issues whatsoever and the price was very reasonable as well. Its size is satisfactory. It is not huge, but a medium to large size. We can cook a lot of food at one time and makes it easy to clean too. Also, it looks very modern, sleek, and matches our kitchen very well. The finished product looks so elegant and it matches our personality very much.

We payed several hundred for the microwave. We've had it for about 7 years, and not one single issue with it. Love the add 30 second button, and it's been worth every penny. The Frigidaire microwave is very durable and looks the same as when we bought it. There's no fading on push pads. We bought an over the range version, so it is a full size and built in. It meets every need we have ever had. I would buy it again without hesitation.

My microwave is white. I bought the white one because I have a large country-style kitchen with white cabinets, and I wanted the microwave to blend in with the cabinets. This microwave is quick and easy to use. You don't need to dirty a pan; just heat it in the leftover dish. It only costs about $400 and will last you for years. You can put in a bag of popcorn & hit the Popcorn button and be ready for a movie & a snack! You can melt butter in no time. You can heat up leftovers in a flash. They have a very large size as well as a medium and a small. Since there are usually only two of us in the house that I am preparing something for, I purchased the medium one, and that seems to be very adequate.

My Frigidaire microwave works quickly, has high power, and satisfied every hope I'd have for a microwave. I would highly recommend buying one, as I have never had any problems or complaints about my microwave's performance. The microwave was a bit pricey, but the durability and functionality made it well worth the cost, since this microwave is superior to most others I have experienced. It is on the large side, but its sleek design makes it appear much smaller, and its performance is well worth the extra space. This microwave is as beautiful as is possible for a microwave, and fits well in any kitchen, including mine. I have never seen a more perfectly crafted microwave.

This microwave is first-class in my book! The microwave works really well. It exceeded all of my expectations, it has a variety of different features. I love the size of this microwave. There are a variety of sizes for this brand. The size that I have is 1.6 cu. ft.capacity. It is large enough to hold small plates to larger size containers. The microwave has a very modern look. It is stainless steel and black. It has LED display, numeric touch pad. It has a nice size window in which you can see inside. It is a great product for the price. I have had this microwave for over five years and I have not yet encountered any problems, Take into account that this product has been used almost every day. All of the buttons function well and works as it should.

The size of the Frigidaire Microwave I own is mid to large. It fits in any counter. It isn't mounted nor is it requiring to be fixed to one area. It has a white color that fit well with the rest of the appliances. Also, it has an appealing keypad display with some simple features to save time for what type of food is being heated. I've had the microwave for about 9 years and it has held up well. I use it often and it is easy to clean. Moreover, it has reliable use and is energy efficient when set correctly.

The buttons are great as they will do exactly what it states. Melt butter works correctly and the popcorn button is almost exactly correct. Reheats on several different items all work very well too. For the low price the microwave cost, it surprisingly does as much as most of your more expensive microwaves. It is the right width and not too big at all. I can put most small to medium items in there when needed. The appearance is also very nice, stainless steel and black. The inside looks very clean. The operating panel is awesome as it does not take a lot of looking for buttons or special directions as many microwaves do. It appears to be made very well as the door has been slammed and everything is still in working order.

When it came to pricing the Frigidaire Microwave was a little more than I was hoping for, but it was worth it! The microwave was very durable and had an easy layout/ function process. The button were easy to understand. Also, the size was a little above average for most foods but some still did not fit fully inside causing a bit of inconvenience. Moreover, the appearance seemed average. It was not too "over the top", meaning with a touch screen, but it did not look basic either. It fits in better with modern kitchen decor! Still, the Microwave worked better than anticipated. It heated things up evenly and there was less time needed to warm up food.

It's a good buy for the price and it gets the job done. It's an average machine for an average cost. That's all you can ask for especially around Christmas money is always tight. Also, the main thing is that it's a perfect size and saves space for other things in the kitchen. It's nice and sleek, not too fancy, and not too cheap looking.

I am highly pleased with the quality and performance of my Frigidaire microwave. It's very fast and durable. It is the very best smart integrated microwave. It looks very unique. I love the shape and colorful combination. I am highly satisfied as it is the perfect size for all of my cooking needs.

The microwave works great. It is the basic, builder type grade microwave but we have had it for a few years and have had no problems. It cooks food quickly and is powerful. It is easy to use and I like the preset type buttons that do 1, 2 or 3 minutes. It is big enough for everything we need it to do and can even fit a medium sized pizza box. It is stainless steel and black and looks modern and goes with other stainless steel appliances. It does smudge easily and get fingerprints, but it is also easy to clean them off.

Never had one problem and works right every time I use it. If I could use it over my oven or stove I would any day but some stuff just can't be done that way. Everything I use fits right in and is big. I do think having one as big as you can might cost more to use or something I would think but I love the size. It looks good but is a little stand outtish and I don't really like that. It just looks a little too fancy for what I have around it but its ok. The price was a little high but now that I have it and been using it for a while I feel it was worth it but wish it could of just been a little less.

While I thought my microwave was really good price wise, it could be a little cheaper at value. I paid a pretty penny but the light bulb had to be replaced. Nevertheless, it made space in the kitchen and heated my food well. I love it a lot. Also, I like how the paint on the microwave was a beautiful color. It was black and shiny. Great buttons. Moreover, the size was perfect. It was not too big but still good enough to fit my plate of food in.

We purchased a Frigidaire FGMV174KFC over the range microwave when we remodeled our kitchen in 2013. A few weeks ago it all of a sudden quit heating. Their service told me it was probably the magnetron and it would be cheaper to buy a new one than fix it. They would give me no compensation whatsoever since it was out of warranty. I never expected for this microwave to be trashed in three years. It cost us over $250 new - not like it was a cheap on the counter microwave. Oh and no authorized service people in my area either. I am very disappointed in their product and their unwillingness to help out financially. Had to buy a new microwave and hire a carpenter to install it since the new one didn't fit where the old one did. Don't plan to buy any more Frigidaire junk appliances.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire focuses on supplying high-quality kitchen wares and other home appliances. They have a range of built-ins and community food blogs.

• Professional microwave: Large, high-wattage appliances for commercial kitchens of all sizes.
  • Spacewise rack: The rack inserts easily into the microwave to provide two levels for cooking your food items.
  • Sensor cooking: Cook with the touch of a button as the microwave sensors select the correct time and temperature settings.
  • Convection: Convection settings allow you to roast or bake your dishes to perfection.
  • 2-Speed ventilation: Over the range microwaves from Frigidaire function as an oven hood. Two fans with adjustable speeds are provided.
  • Best for Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.

Compare Microwaves