Frigidaire Microwaves

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 15, 2022

Microwave continues to blow a fuse. Have replaced the fuse 3 times in the last 7 days. I have contacted Frigidaire twice and they just tell me that it is out of warranty. The name of the company they recommend that I call for repairs has 1 star and horrible reviews. I believe there is a bigger issue with the microwave if the fuse continually blows. I purchased this microwave based on Consumer Report recommendations. There are only 2 people in the house, so the microwave gets very little use. I would not recommend any Frigidaire microwaves and I believe Frigidaire needs to address consumer concerns more seriously.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

We bought this microwave from Lowe’s on May 29, 2021. It took 5 weeks and a half weeks to deliver because they kept sending damaged ones. They finally installed the microwave on July 8th. But by the end of September we started noticing a strong burning smell coming from the microwave. I called and was given an appointment that never showed up.

Long story short, after two months of repair appointments and changing all part that could be changed, the microwave still has a burning smell when used. The technician claims that he can’t do anything else so he closed the case. Frigidaire refuses to give us a new one to replace the damaged one because the microwave is heating. When I asked the customer service representative what was the warranty for, she responded for parts and services. I guess a functioning microwave is not part of the warranty. Other than hiring a lawyer and to sue Frigidaire I see no other solution. My recommendation, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FRIGIDAIRE.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Model # FPMO209RFA built Feb 2016, parts began breaking down very early. Display light went out within a year with no way to replace. The door latch will not release door. I have to push release and pull door to open. Never again will I buy this brand.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

The price was good and it lasted without severe issues for two years. After the two year mark it started taking long and longer to heat the simplest things. It started with heating a pizza with the reheat button (30 secs) and now it takes a minute or more. If you’re in a bind and need a cheap microwave that looks sleek and fancy this is your go to, but if you want long lasting go somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We purchased a complete kitchen suite of the Frigidaire Professional Series appliances in 2016. Overall we’ve loved them. This week the over the oven microwave failed. Upon inspection the failure is a horrible design flaw. The wiring harness passes through a section of plastic, and because the edges of the plastic were not made smooth it eventually cut through the harness covering and two wires. Based on the repair sites I reviewed online the microwave is virtually irreparable. A new door assembly costs as much as a complete new microwave (over $600). Also, the steel at the left bottom corner of the door frame, where the hinge goes into the body, was engineered too thin, and it has broken as well. Between this and a poorly engineered Frigidaire Professional Series toaster oven design flaw that led to the electrical board literally melting, the next time I buy kitchen appliances it won’t be Frigidaire, or any other related brands.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I purchased an over the range convection microwave in 2018. After 2 years it stopped working. It would trip my breaker when opening the door and cause sparks when unplugging the unit. After many calls and emails they replaced the unit. Now 9 months later the same thing is happening. I’m reading many other people with this issue so stay clear of Frigidaire microwaves. I have since contacted Frigidaire and they say they will not fix or replace. Seems like a high end appliance should last more than 9 months. Buyer beware of Frigidaire!

Original review: May 27, 2021

Wall Oven purchased new on Feb. 13, 2021; delivered on Feb. 24 and installed on Feb. 26, 2021 by a professional installer. The microwave door is opened by a push button. There was a 8-10 second delay after pushing the button before the door opened. The problem was noted to the seller (Home Depot) who notified the manufacturer under the standard one year warranty. After two different repair agencies have addressed the problem and replaced the microwave door opening system, there is still a delay although it is now 3-4 seconds. I have discussed this problem directly (by phone) with Frigidaire service representative who promised me a complete satisfaction. The representative promised to call me with a possible replacement of the microwave unit but has never called back. It is now May 27, 2021 and the problem remains unresolved.

Original review: April 28, 2021

We purchased the over the range Gallery microwave and within a month the handle started to melt. I called Frigidaire and informed them of this and they said that it did not affect the working of the microwave and that would not replace it. It has now been a year and it has gotten worse. It not only looks terrible but it feels awful when opening and closing the door. It sad since otherwise I like the microwave.

Original review: March 14, 2021

Every time we open the door to the microwave to check on the food we are heating, the circuit breaker trips. It took a few times before I looked into the problem and found reviews on your website and Best Buy that indicated others were having the same problem. We have had the microwave for about 2 years. It is just the two of us that use it. It was a higher end model that we purchased but we are very disappointed. Our microwave that we replaced was over 10 years old.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Have a wall oven and microwave that has required numerous repairs in now does not work at all and has been checked by a representative of the company and has it determined that it is unrepairable and that’s been over 2 1/2 weeks ago and they still have not decided what They are going to do.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire focuses on supplying high-quality kitchen wares and other home appliances. They have a range of built-ins and community food blogs.

• Professional microwave: Large, high-wattage appliances for commercial kitchens of all sizes.

• Spacewise rack: The rack inserts easily into the microwave to provide two levels for cooking your food items.

• Sensor cooking: Cook with the touch of a button as the microwave sensors select the correct time and temperature settings.

• Convection: Convection settings allow you to roast or bake your dishes to perfection.

• 2-Speed ventilation: Over the range microwaves from Frigidaire function as an oven hood. Two fans with adjustable speeds are provided.

Frigidaire Microwaves Company Information