2.48/5
Based on 202 reviews that contain star ratings

212 Frigidaire Microwaves Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Purchased a completely renovated home six weeks in. The Frigidaire dishwasher has leaked three times so we discarded it and purchased a different brand that made us happy. Today, I used the microwave for the first time and will be discarding it - the loud noise from the turntable was frightening. I have had many appliances that have lasted for a long time. Will NEVER purchase a Frigidaire product EVER. Six weeks in and two appliances are scrap. Sad that Frigidaire does not care!

Original review: June 15, 2018

We have an above the stove microwave that is under warranty. Had problems in November, repaired fuse. It stopped working a couple months ago AGAIN and we’ve had a repair person out multiple times to fix everything in it. Waiting weeks in between for parts. The appliance repair people that come out have to go through the Frigidaire factory line. We’ve had to pay for an electrician to come out because they said it was the electrical, when it was not. Frigidaire will not reimburse the $126 that we paid for the electrician to tell us what we already knew, nothing wrong with the house wiring.

The microwave is under warranty. The microwave is still NOT working, it’s still under warranty, after three days of trying to have return calls from a Frigidaire supervisor, they are now continuing to tell me that we have to have the repair person remove the microwave and take it to their shop to plug it into their outlets to then say it will not work. SERIOUSLY!! Then they still won’t replace it only repair it. Absolutely ridiculous. NEVER but Frigidaire.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The new microwave would not accept commands from the keypad, including the time set after following the instructions several times. When support was called they asked us to read the instructions while looking the model up on the internet as they had no information or manual. We found how to get the microwave reset to default and how to get programming options from a third party website. The warranty card will not be sent in as it will useless, and buying a new microwave will be easier and cheaper. We will never buy another Frigidaire product again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Frigidaire Microwave Model FGMV175QFA was bought brand new from Brandsmart store. After one year a nice built in microwave which is installed up to the e-range stop to work. I reviewed my warranty and unfortunately it was expired one month behind. The technician came up and he fixed for almost half of the amount that I paid new. Less than a month, the microwave stop to work. I called the technician again and he showed me that other part of the microwave is broken. It is a nice looking appliance that we usually buy with the rest of the kitchen equipment. I recommend you that do not buy from Frigidaire or pay a humongous and expensive extended warranty who absorb the design flaws that the appliance has.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We remodelled our entire kitchen in 2012. Purchased the above the stove built-in microwave from Frigidaire. 2 yrs ago, the front of the microwave where the handle meets developed a small crack. The door is made of plastic and there are 3 cracks now and they continue to get bigger. This microwave is not worth the money we spent. Find another brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 18, 2018

Handle broke off of microwave within 6 months of installing and the digital clock doesn’t keep accurate time!!! Loses two-three minutes every day. Unfortunately I didn’t install it immediately so the company won’t fix it. The stove I bought has one burner that can’t be accurately controlled, if I turn it on passing hi first the burner stays on high, if I turn it on passing low first then it stays on low (of course it’s the front right burner). Started about two years of owning it. I can’t use the self cleaning option cause it trips my circuit, used it all the time on my old oven... the handle of the new Frigidaire refrigerator that we got at work broke off in about a 15 months. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCTS.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I purchased this Frigidaire microwave from Walmart for my son for Christmas, 2016. At the time, I also purchased a 3 year Care Plan which covers defects. The Care Plan is provided by a third party called Asurion. My son opened the door and the handle came out of the microwave in his hand. We called Walmart's warranty company Asurion and they claim it's a cosmetic problem although the microwave cannot be opened. There is a hole at the top when the handle was attached. I would assume there would be radiation leakage coming the hole where the door handle was located. This warranty company is a rip off.

Original review: March 2, 2018

The glass turntable has broken twice now and today I took an item out of the unit and walked away and when I came back it was on and heating up nothing but the glass turntable which had broken. I have left the door open so it doesn't turn on accidentally again and burn the house down. Going to have to buy another microwave just to be on the safe side. It was bought in Aug of 2014 and the first turntable glass plate was replaced in Nov of 2017.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I wanted to warn future potential buyers of any Frigidaire appliances to steer clear of Frigidaire products due to their quality of products and customer support. Most specifically for the over the range microwave. We had purchased this unit new, after replacing another unit, from another make and model, that lasted 12 years!! Initially, all seemed ok with this unit. However, a few months into using it, the turntable started squeaking and grinding, a very high-pitched squeak, annoying at best, but we were troubled that this unit was so new!! So, we called Frigidaire, they verified that this would be replaced free, the turntable motor to be specific, not the unit, they gave us a few local contractors to contact to have them come take a look at the unit. We had a local contractor come take a look and he verified that it was indeed the turntable motor, which he would have to order.

He said it normally takes about a week or so to get the part. That was before Christmas, December, a week went by, a month went by. I called the tech, he said he is still waiting for the part and it was back-ordered. I called Frigidaire, and they said that they can't do anything about it. We would have to go thru the tech. I asked about replacing the unit, they said no. They were rude and did not listen. I called the tech back and he told me that there are 46, yes, you heard this right, 46 of the same motor, on back order. And, he could not tell me when the part might come in? It is now almost March!!! DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FRIGIDAIRE! If you have to replace a part, which is a strong likelihood, you will be waiting and frustrated. It is worthy of spending a little more to get a better product. We had a GE microwave prior for 12 years.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We bought the entire kitchen set of Frigidaire Gallery in November of 2017. After reviewing the information about the companies with the least amount of service calls or repairs, (Frigidaire was ranked 3rd), we went with them. Boy, were we wrong! After making our purchase on Nov 22 and having the appliances delivered December 9 our level of excitement was overwhelming! We left for a Christmas vacation for a couple weeks. When we returned, after only using the microwave twice before leaving, we used it Jan 2. The nice hum of the microwave turned into a loud, continuous roar. Immediately, I smelled a plastic, electrical smell, and the microwave no longer was heating. We had to open the windows. The smell was so bad!

I called Home Depot, and they told me I had to call Frigidaire. I did and that was the worst experience. First, the wait time was tremendous. I'm talking at least 45 minutes. Second, the woman was rude. Third, they had to come out on a day I work and I had to take a day off. That day came and the tech came out and told me he would have to order several parts and they would be in contact with me in a few days. Well, now, the parts are back ordered and it will take 4-8 weeks to even get the parts, let alone take another day off to fix the microwave. I have called Frigidaire back. I've waited on hold. I was passed around to 3 different people because I wanted to speak to a manager. I never spoke to a manager because as they were looking for one, I was again on hold for over an hour!

Why can't I get a new microwave? If my new coffee maker broke, I would return it for a new one. I can buy another microwave for the amount of time I'm having to take off work. I will tell every one I know, NEVER to buy from Frigidaire! Their customer service, and product in my opinion is the worst EVER!!!! I'm extremely dissatisfied! I still don't have a microwave.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

After owning my Frigidaire LFMV164QFA built-in over the range microwave for just over two years, it stopped working with no notice. I normally use the microwave twice per day for less than five minutes per use. It just shut down. Fuse and outlet check revealed outlet still functioning normally. This was a cheap builder-grade microwave, but this short-term life is unacceptable. When it did function, you had to slam the door to get it to shut, or jerk with force to get it to open - which probably contributed to its demise. The alarm beep was also highly annoying - very loud and long. I've never been a fan of Frigidaire products, and this experience adds to the list of reasons to never invest in one again.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Bought a new Microwave and paid to have it installed. 7 months later, it doesn't work. Frigidaire keeps sending techs out to try and fix and have probably spent more money than it costs to replace. Terrible service and cheap product. Was going to buy other new appliances to match but will not ever buy a Frigidaire product again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I bought a Frigidaire microwave oven less than three years ago. The microwave still works fine for cooking but when it stops and I open the door to take out my food, the turntable turns and the fan is running. I don't know if it's cooking or not... not leavin' my hand in to find out! The fact it isn't working properly is not my beef. I contacted Frigidaire to find the replacement part (which I was told was a simple micro-switch) and it seems like all but four parts for that model is obsolete. The unit was manufactured Jan. 2014 and I'm told because there is not a switch unit for that model, I will have to replace the unit. It's not like it's 20 or even five years old. This was the first Frigidaire item I've purchased over my 45 years of wedded bliss and it will be the last.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I bought a Frigidaire range top microwave. It completely broke down with no warning in less than five years. I had a microwave before this one that lasted over 20 years. We are only two people in the household and don't overuse it. Some days, not at all. I think it should have lasted longer. Also, customer service offered no compensation or did anything about our complaint. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

6 months after I bought my stainless steel professional microwave the sensor panel went bad. We called the repairman to come, he said he had to replace the main sensor board but accidentally broke the clip that holds it in place because it is made out of a hard plastic. Frigidaire refused to honor the warranty saying the broken clip was not covered due to negligence. Our repair guy had to fight with Frigidaire for 2 months before any parts were shipped. Eventually it was repaired, but now here I am 1 year later and the same thing is happening. We are not abusive to the machine. We use it as any other household would. And now the sensor is not operating again. I haven't yet called a repairman. Was considering a new unit, not Frigidaire. Spent way too much to purchase this lemon of a machine.

Original review: July 16, 2017

My over the stove (gallery series) microwave is only 3 years old. Only use it to heat up stuff. My problem is it looks like its 20 years old... the finish has all worn off, it shows all smudges and fingerprints and I can't get them off. I have tried everything. Does anyone know if there has been a recall?

Original review: May 26, 2017

My Frigidaire microwave is black and stainless. I love the contemporary look and this one goes well with that look and would also fit in with most styles. I have the one that goes over my stove, had it for over 5 years and it still works very well. I love the fact that I can use the timer and microwave at the same time. The price is in the medium range and the best part is it still looks like new. It is very durable, always functioned well and cleans very easily.

Original review: May 26, 2017

The size of the microwave is exactly for my food. It cost over 90 dollars and was useful for my food because almost ever I woke up late so I need my meal ready to get out and take it at work. But I would like a microwave bigger than mine because I need food for my children too. I would also like to change the appearance of microwave and the characteristics like how to warm my food and the high base of the warm.

Original review: May 25, 2017

The quality of the microwave is awesome. It looks great and looks like an awesome thing for the kitchen. I like the color and how the top looks like. The size of the microwave is huge and can fit two plates which is great and I love it. I like this size because it is more than enough for me. I love using this microwave because it does its job and it heats up the food fast. It is very durable, has great material and inexpensive.

Original review: May 24, 2017

The style of the oven makes it a wonderful appliance. It is classy, sharp looking, modern and state of the art. It is a shiny black color that resists dings, dents, and smears. It goes well with any kitchen decor and easy to clean as well. The size fits well on my countertop in the corner and it does not stick out too much. It is also large enough for big plates. It heats food evenly and I like the auto defrost feature. Its many other functions are quick defrost, as well as a popcorn and pizza button. This microwave is a very good value for the price.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Works well and has been with me since 2010. Glad it still works perfectly until now. Can't beat the price too. I got the medium size one which do almost all my cooking from breakfast, lunch to dinner. Good for all kinds of minimal cooking, baking and broiling. Just enough size because we are only 3 in the house. Also, I'm pleased with how it looks. It is very professional looking yet don't cost so much that hits your pocket. Very well made and so much feature you can be proud of. I got a black one because I think color black is not hard to keep clean. Very satisfied with how durable the microwave is for the price. It's all worth it. I would be purchasing same thing if this microwave stops working.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Frigidaire has best support to all customers and resources to help. Great teamwork to get the job done at a good rate. Overall the best support model. Best overall in quality and performance. And the overall performance makes the value the best on offer. It is the best in the way it cooks the food to a real oven experience. It sets the temperature just right and cooks so crisp. It also works at a high speed rate.

Original review: May 21, 2017

This Frigidaire Microwave is exceptional. It heats my food quickly. I don't have to worry about using the stove each time I need to heat something up. I love the brand because it works well for my household and I wouldn't trade it for any other brand. I also give the brand good rating when I recommend it to others. Its price is reasonable and the Frigidaire I have is mobile and easy to carry. My color of choice is black because it's easy to clean and maintain. I also like the clock and cooking timer. I am very pleased.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The microwave comes in a few different sizes and works well where I wanted to use it. It's big enough for what I need it for. It also comes in a few different colors and has a lot of different functions. It's easy to clean and use, the white and black buttons are easy to see, the glass tray is easy to clean out and the door is easy to open. It's definitely a good microwave for the money. It's held up pretty good. It's very durable and functions very well still years later with no issues. It's been a good brand and would definitely buy again. I'd recommend it.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I got the Frigidaire Microwave for a good price that I purchased from Target. I would purchase again if I needed a new one. It was a good value for what I bought. I've used it multiple times heating everything from cold food to heating up drinks like tea and soup. It's also a good size. I put in on an area in my kitchen specifically for a microwave. The size holds everything I need in there. It is easy to use and looks great in my kitchen. I bought the stainless steel version with the door in stainless steel. It matches all my other kitchen appliances as it has the look I need to match. Overall I'm very happy with the microwave.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I've had my microwave for over 6 months and it still runs like new. It's efficient, cooks food very quickly and thoroughly. It looks beautiful. It's stainless steel but it comes in a variety of colors which gives you a choice to select one that pairs with your kitchen decor. The lights illuminate bright enough in a dark kitchen. The price was reasonable, it's low maintenance and light weight. I have a mid-size microwave that doesn't take up a lot of space. It fits perfectly in my kitchen and pairs perfectly with my other appliances. It comes in a variety of sizes ranging from compact to family sized. The cooking tray is large enough to hold several items at once.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I like very much the good of the appearance of the microwave because it helps me with the decoration of the kitchen. The sizes available for this brand are large, medium and small. The microwave is useful and good quality helps me a lot when it comes to eating or cooking something fast. It is very good in terms of price, as well as duration.

Original review: May 18, 2017

We've had this microwave for over 5 years with daily use and it works. Functionality is easy to get used to and options are clear. Only drawback is I wish there was a way to change the strength of the power. Normal items for daily use fit in nicely but I wish it was a little bit wider to accommodate a popcorn bag. It fits and cooks but it gets stuck and no longer spins around about halfway through. The microwave is made of stainless steel and has a large glass front to ensure cooking time. Stainless steel appliances are great and it matches the look of other appliances in the kitchen. Compared to the other brands, it is relatively cheap for the functionality and look. Clean up is easy and simple to take apart to clean all the pieces.

Original review: May 17, 2017

When I use this microwave to defrost the meat it's very efficient because it doesn't cook partially the meat, it defrost in an even way. That is very important to me because is very nasty to see a meat partially cooked before you actually prepare the meal. It has an affordable cost, an acceptable design and it's durable, too. It's also easy to clean because of its interior design. The size is very appropriate for different kitchens sizes, as well. It is not too large or too small although you can find many sizes. Also, the colors matches any kind of kitchen. However for the appearance, maybe they can include features that are more round for the handle. Another thing is about color, you can include matte black microwaves or even shiny ones.

Original review: May 16, 2017

When we first got our Frigidaire, I thought the value was a little too high. Once buying and using it, I can see that it was well worth the price. Wish that it was a bit better at times, but it gets the job done. When it comes to defrosting certain things, I wish it was bigger. But the size is perfect for the spot that we have it and perfect height for the the kids to be able to reach. I also love the color because it blends so well with my kitchen. I love my microwaves beyond all others that I have ever own because of how great and fast it works when it comes to heating my food.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire focuses on supplying high-quality kitchen wares and other home appliances. They have a range of built-ins and community food blogs.

• Professional microwave: Large, high-wattage appliances for commercial kitchens of all sizes.

• Spacewise rack: The rack inserts easily into the microwave to provide two levels for cooking your food items.

• Sensor cooking: Cook with the touch of a button as the microwave sensors select the correct time and temperature settings.

• Convection: Convection settings allow you to roast or bake your dishes to perfection.

• 2-Speed ventilation: Over the range microwaves from Frigidaire function as an oven hood. Two fans with adjustable speeds are provided.

• Best for: Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs