Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

246 Frigidaire Microwaves Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I've had this microwave for 17 years and never had any problems and it has all of the features I wanted. It's a nice size that I can put most dishes or pots in. I love the timer, 30 second feature, quick timed cooking, popcorn and other favorite button features. It has a wired shelf where I can heat or cook items on the top and below. I can remove the shelf for larger pots. Of course, it has a carousel. It looks great and easy to clean. Works great!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Mine is part of a series and it matched my other appliances. It works perfectly with the decor! I have not had any problems with it at all in the 10 years I have owned it. I would replace it with the same make and model.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Cooks evenly, very reliable, cost about $100 so well worth the price. This is a over the range fan/microwave. The filters are really easy to take off and clean. This model has a "stainless" look plastic, which is also easy to keep clean. Never had a problem with the turntable.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This microwave has been outstanding since I purchased it. No issues, it works flawlessly, cleans easily and looks great with my other stainless appliances. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I did a lot of online research before I chose it and am not sorry.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We have had this microwave for 18 months. It was purchased from Lowe's. It was manufactured Jan 2015. The microwave developed a problem with the door cable (power strip) according to the technician. After troubleshooting, the strip running from the body of the microwave to the top left cover of the front door was the problem of the microwave working intermittingly. Certain function could not be performed. The door would have to be replaced. This was not cost effective for Lowe's to be repaired.

I purchased a 4 year Lowe's Protection Plan warranty. Lowe's send me a Lowe's Refund card. I am currently looking for the same microwave. The lights under the bottom are extremely bright. You can definitely see what you cooking on the stove under this microwave. The fan levels in this microwave are extremely powerful. I read reviews of other microwaves which have dim light or lights. I will keep looking for this microwave or a similar microwave. The microwave itself cooked foods just as well our oven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: July 12, 2019

Bought Frigidaire Gallery series model FGMV155CTF microwave in 2017. From the beginning, the microwave took much longer to heat/cook than our previous unit. About 6 months ago, we start hearing arcing noises coming from the microwave but it would stop when you opened the door and then the problem would go away for a month. Then come back once and go away again. Now today the microwave tripped the CB and will not come on. If you jiggle the door, it will come on briefly, then die again. I will have to spend a $100 service fee to fix a microwave.... Most microwaves never break. It is obvious that Frigidaire was aware of this problem and did nothing to fix it. I will do my best to never buy another Frigidaire appliance. Cheated.

Original review: July 9, 2019

This Frigidaire gallery microwave was in the house when we bought it. It works fine but I would prefer a combination microwave and convection oven. I tend to lean towards a Samsung or LG. Will hopefully be replacing it soon.

Original review: July 8, 2019

It's an economy microwave for occasional use, I bought it to go in my camper. I have used it a few time. I did not spend a lot, it looks good, and it works fine. I got what I paid for, and am happy with it.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This microwave has lit itself on fire a couple of times, for some strange reason there was a piece of metal cardboard like material covering an inside part! I removed that piece and used the microwave without it and I haven’t had any other problems.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Microwave fail after roughly 9 months. When you hit start button, it would trip the circuit breaker. Opened a warranty claim and service man picked it up within days. For over six weeks I have had the open warranty claim. Under no circumstances should their customer service allow the behavior associated with my claim for product Model FFMV1645TD, serial number KG73706310. Service man can't repair it and Frigidaire won't and haven't replaced nor refunded my money. I'm out of option other than warning other customers of their behavior.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We bought a brand new microwave model ffcm1155us, and thankfully we got the warranty from Walmart, because we have to immediately take it back. The door will NOT close, at all, and the display stays dark.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Piece of junk!!! We had the Frigidaire gallery microwave model FGMV175WFA 2 years and then the internal fan and light would no longer go off unless unplugged making it useless since that could cause a fire hazard!!! We paid $300 dollars for this crap and it is already junk after 2 years. We have a 8 year old Emerson counter top microwave from Walmart that still works far better than this Frigidaire junk ever did and it only cost $100. Stay away from this absolute junk. The company should recall this garbage.

I saw that this particular model was discontinued probably because the company knows that it's a failure, but won't stand behind their products enough to recall it. You can look up many complaints about this model and see that it is a failure. Now we are left out of $300, a microwave, and have to purchase a new one that will not match the rest of out appliances. I will never buy Frigidaire brand again because I no longer trust them. They do not stand behind their product and their product is junk!!!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Purchased a Frigidaire microwave Nov 4 2016, Model CGMV175QFA. Broke down just after warranty expired. Had it repaired for $250. Now just 2.5 years after purchase, broke again. Called my appliance repair person. Told me it would cost more than I paid for the unit when it was new, for parts and labour, of course I said no. I called Frigidaire. They told me too bad. Warranty over and would take no responsibility... I have invested about $800 and after 2 and half years I have nothing to show for it. I would recommend not to buy FRIGIDAIRE Products as the product is prone to stop working before a reasonable time.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I purchased a Frigidaire microwave/convection oven unit from The Brick 3 years ago in March. About four months into having it, it actually started rusting on the inside. I noticed little spots of it. So I called The Brick, who of course, didn't matter who I talked to, they said not our problem, call Frigidaire. So I called Frigidaire couldn't get through to anybody, but was able to leave an email. So I attach the pictures of the rust and sent it off to Frigidaire. Nobody called me. I just received an email saying that sorry, rusting is not covered because it all depends on how you keep your unit. They said that every time you have anything with moisture in it, the microwave should be left open for a certain amount of time to get rid of the moisture. So I said, I don't see anything in your how to manual that says to do that.

They came back and said, "Sorry we won't cover it." What I purchased was the professional series. I paid almost $1,200 for this unit. About a month after I called them the handle came off. So I had to use crazy glue to put the handle back on and I've had to do it a few times because it eventually let's go. Well, now I have to open the door and shut the door, and open the door, and shut the door, and open the door, and shut the door sometimes 10 times or more, to be able to use the touchpad to be able to Select Microwave or convection oven and how much time etc.... I was so angry. I sold my Frigidaire fridge and bought a different brand. I will never ever recommend anything Frigidaire!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have had my Frigidaire microwave for 9 months. It has started to intermittently make these extremely loud cracking noise when it is started up. It worked fine for the first 8 months, and now this. Frigidaire sent out a service technician. He tried to get the appliance to make the sound, but it wouldn't. He shook his head and told me there was nothing he could do.

When I called Frigidaire, they told me my option was to try to record the sound. When I asked if that sounded like a logical solution to my problem, Melissa told me that it may not be logical, but it is one option. I then asked for my other options. She was silent; there were none. I am now stuck with a $500 microwave that I am afraid to use (Yes, the sound is that bad!) I have had the same GE appliances in my kitchen for 18 years now with not one problem. Do yourself a favour, and buy a GE.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Purchased this model in March of 2018 and within six weeks it was making loud banging noises and tripping the circuit breakers. Took it back to Grand Appliances and swapped it for another of the same model. It worked fine for two months and then the clock would change time on its own. Then it would not heat very well. Took over one minute to melt butter. Now the unit will not shut off when the heating cycle is finished unless the unit is unplugged. Do not buy Frigidaire unless you are prepared for one problem after another. I will never buy another thing from this company for the rest of my life. Total junk.

Original review: April 5, 2019

First things first, I moved into this new house this year, everything in here is newly installed. This microwave constantly trips. The repairman was called, at first it didn’t seem like anything was wrong. When he left it kept tripping. Couldn’t heat up or cook anything. I used bowls filled with water for a time to "trick" it into working. When that stopped working we had to call repair guy again and let him know it simply wasn’t working no matter what. So he orders parts. I wait for what I suppose is a month. It feels like forever. I’m mainly living off my stove to eat and take out food FYI.

Finally parts come, repair guy comes back, “fixes” microwave. It breaks once while he is there. He fixes something again. It appears to work. Now it’s a day later, I decided to go ahead and try using it. Just to heat up some coffee. I set it for one minute. Guess what? It Trips 3 seconds in. It’s total crap. Don’t buy this, don’t waste money on warranty. Just don’t waste your money. Don't have my experience.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Well this happened tonight, I was watching TV and walked into the kitchen and smelled a hot smell. I searched for several minutes and found nothing. I figured it might be the furnace and went back to watching the TV. About 10 minutes later I heard the microwave beep several times and turn on by itself and start cooking. The microwave had been used approx. 2 hours earlier to warm up water (5 minutes on the timer). It beeped and turned itself off, water was removed and the door closed. 2 hours later the microwave itself on and when I found it, the inside of the microwave was very hot to touch. The model is a: Frigidaire FFMV162LBA purchased 2014.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I purchased the Frigidaire Gallery Microwave in June 2017. I had to have it serviced 3 times in less than a year. When I called Frigidaire I was told to contact my electrician as it I had a weak breaker. My electrician did his testing and said it was in fact the microwave not the breaker. He installed a new breaker just to satisfy Frigidaire. The company they wanted me to use came to my house and took my microwave back to their shop at which time they did find that the issue was in the microwave itself. They replaced the main board in it.

I'm now less than 10 months out from that "fix" and having the same problems. I called Frigidaire once again and they thought they were going to give me the runaround. WRONG! I informed them of what I was told by my electrician... This is a FIRE HAZARD! Frigidaire sent the original company back to my house to check the microwave again. The guy came and did a check for me. He ordered 4 new parts including the door, mainboard and heating elements. I was informed by the repairman that when the heating element is going bad that it will trip the breaker. So now I've been waiting over 2 weeks for my microwave to be fixed and returned to me. I called and asked how long it was going to be gone and was informed by the repairing company that one of the parts is on backorder. Frigidaire is a crappy business to be dealing with. They also don't want to address the problems when they first arise.

Original review: March 15, 2019

@Frigidaire microwaves catch on FIRE and all they want to do is change a part #Frigidaire. Faulty microwave they even told me to buy an extended warranty so I did. They still won’t honor it. What if my kitchen caught on FIRE then what!!! FRIGIDAIRE MICROWAVE FIRE. #frigidaremicrowave #appliancefire. Just trying to make popcorn @electrolux.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Started to trip the circuit a month ago and is unusable. This microwave has its own circuit so no reason for it to be doing this. Costs more to fix than to replace with a reliable brand. Save yourself the hassle, time and money.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I moved into a new home and my microwave glass plate randomly cracked which microwaving a macaroni and cheese casserole. Since it was more than 30 days old (but < 60 days!) they would not warranty the glass plate and wanted $98 to replace it. (BTW - I used to have a Frigidaire refrigerator and would never own one again -- spent tons of money after it was out of warranty but continued to have the same problems). If you have the option, buy from a different manufacturer!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I purchased the Frigidaire Gallery microwave model FGMV175QFA. I have complained several times about the door being very difficult to open and keeps popping fuse. Called seller who won’t do anything and called Frigidaire and they won’t do anything either. It is currently not working again. Less than 3 years old. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Tried to reach customer service. On hold for 20 minutes. Then I was given their fancy dancy robot girl who disconnected me. Then I sent an email and got back no call. Only ads. We’ve had this microwave one and a half years and it’s the pits. It keeps blowing fuses. We had our electric looked at. There is nothing wrong with it. It’s their crappy microwave and we can’t reach them to even talk about it to even ask technical support if they could tell us what to do. Don’t buy this product.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

After four months, our microwave failed to work. Called Frigidaire and they gave me the number of a service company. Tech came one week later, said he'd order part, and never heard from him again. Call Frigidaire and received another company name. Called them and the repairman came out two weeks later, before he was out the door, it was not working again. Totally dead. Called them back and they were out of the part. Took two months for the part to come in. Broke again shortly after repair. Tech installed the part wrong. New tech came out and told us he worked for the company for two weeks and would have to go home and watch a YouTube video to find out how to access the front panel. Unfreaking believable. People I am not making this up. Stay away from Frigidaire - Far, far away.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Bought model number FFCM1155US Frigidaire Microwave Oven at Wal-Mart. Took it out of the box, set it up on the counter, read the instructions and tried to heat up a cup of coffee and pressed in the time I wanted and nothing happened. I unplugged the microwave and plugged in to another outlet and still nothing. I plugged in a different appliance into the same outlet I used for the microwave and the appliance worked. I called their customer service number and not available. I’ll be returning the microwave to Wal-Mart first thing tomorrow.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My Frigidaire Gallery microwave, just under three years old, was making a strange noise while in use. I turned to see flames shooting. I opened the door and black ashes came out. The flames were coming through the clip that holds the rack, burning the interior. I called Frigidaire and was told there was no recall. I said someone has to be the first to call. I was told to call a repairman and if found defective they would cover 50% of the cost. I explained I do not see how this can be repaired due to just the visible damage, not including the cause of the fire. I asked if not repairable do they replace the microwave? NO! so I would be paying for a repairman and a new microwave! Answer was YES!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Purchased 1/7 cubic ft. microwave. It stopped working within 10 months. Still under warranty but they referred me to an incompetent repair company Dial Appliances who performed very poorly. Microwave still does not work so I decided to buy a new one (not Frigidaire) rather than deal with Frigidaire Customer Service and Dial Appliances.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I purchased the Frigidaire Gallery microwave FGMV175QFA which was manufactured July 2016 (not even 3 years old manufactured). I purchased this product the later part of 2016. So I have only had this product in my home less than 3 years and have already had it serviced twice now. Most recently Nov. 19, 2018 paying a total of $207.67.

Here I am again today with the same issue, microwave not working, again the panel I suppose which was suppose to be fixed in November. Not bothering to purchase the warranty on the service, thinking that wouldn't happen again, and most definitely not thinking it would happen in a matter of months...who knew. I had a Kenmore at the time we built our home, that product last us 15 years. Compare that to the piece of junk I have now, I'm very upset. Not to mentioned when I called today to service they are closed on Sundays. Electrolux/Frigidaire you got my money this time but you will not GET IT AGAIN! I wrote this review to warn people, do not be fooled by Electrolux name, their products are junk and their service is horrible!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Have had Gallery over range microwave model FGMV175QFA for 17 months. It has stopped working 5 times. 3 times under warranty, once the installer fixed for free. 5th breakdown means time for a new one. Seems to be a recurring problem with door sensor - opening door while operating would blow the sensor. Door has been replaced once. We're done with this lemon and not going back to Frigidaire.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire focuses on supplying high-quality kitchen wares and other home appliances. They have a range of built-ins and community food blogs.

• Professional microwave: Large, high-wattage appliances for commercial kitchens of all sizes.

• Spacewise rack: The rack inserts easily into the microwave to provide two levels for cooking your food items.

• Sensor cooking: Cook with the touch of a button as the microwave sensors select the correct time and temperature settings.

• Convection: Convection settings allow you to roast or bake your dishes to perfection.

• 2-Speed ventilation: Over the range microwaves from Frigidaire function as an oven hood. Two fans with adjustable speeds are provided.

• Best for: Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs