Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Microwaves Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I've had this microwave for 17 years and never had any problems and it has all of the features I wanted. It's a nice size that I can put most dishes or pots in. I love the timer, 30 second feature, quick timed cooking, popcorn and other favorite button features. It has a wired shelf where I can heat or cook items on the top and below. I can remove the shelf for larger pots. Of course, it has a carousel. It looks great and easy to clean. Works great!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Mine is part of a series and it matched my other appliances. It works perfectly with the decor! I have not had any problems with it at all in the 10 years I have owned it. I would replace it with the same make and model.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Cooks evenly, very reliable, cost about $100 so well worth the price. This is a over the range fan/microwave. The filters are really easy to take off and clean. This model has a "stainless" look plastic, which is also easy to keep clean. Never had a problem with the turntable.

Original review: July 3, 2019

This microwave has been outstanding since I purchased it. No issues, it works flawlessly, cleans easily and looks great with my other stainless appliances. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I did a lot of online research before I chose it and am not sorry.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We have had this microwave for 18 months. It was purchased from Lowe's. It was manufactured Jan 2015. The microwave developed a problem with the door cable (power strip) according to the technician. After troubleshooting, the strip running from the body of the microwave to the top left cover of the front door was the problem of the microwave working intermittingly. Certain function could not be performed. The door would have to be replaced. This was not cost effective for Lowe's to be repaired.

I purchased a 4 year Lowe's Protection Plan warranty. Lowe's send me a Lowe's Refund card. I am currently looking for the same microwave. The lights under the bottom are extremely bright. You can definitely see what you cooking on the stove under this microwave. The fan levels in this microwave are extremely powerful. I read reviews of other microwaves which have dim light or lights. I will keep looking for this microwave or a similar microwave. The microwave itself cooked foods just as well our oven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

With a 1 year warranty it lost power 3 days before the warranty expired. We called Frigidaire and it took 3 weeks to send somebody out. It was a fuse. They should have diagnosed why the fuse blew. It blew out in 1 month so I replaced it, a $2 part, then it blew 2 more times in 2 weeks. We trashed it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Contact you "directly?" Following a review I posted about the plastic door of my 2 year old microwave oven cracking, I received a message from someone in customer service asking that I call Frigidaire "directly." So I did. I had the same result I had the first time I called customer service; I was referred to a local appliance dealer. I went through this process once already, and spoke to a very nice man who told me a new microwave door would cost $349, + delivery and installation costs. "Briana," I have been down your path before and I choose not to repeat this. It makes no sense to have to replace a microwave oven in two years and it makes no sense to be directed to customer service only to be re-directed to an appliance dealer. The plastic door frame is junk; after it cracked, the handle broke free. How can I reliably open the microwave oven? Steer clear of Frigidaire!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We purchased a new home that came complete with Frigidaire appliances. Our microwave has a faulty switch in the door that lasted just under two years. It has needed replacement twice. Frigidaire will only help with the cost of the parts. They know it is faulty but won’t accept responsibility!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Purchased a Frigidaire model number fgmv176n,...over the range microwave oven and installed 1-15-18. Starts making a Whistle type sound in April (less than 3 months) problem, turntable support. March 2019, after 14 months of use. Unit would just go dead. Blew fuse repeatedly and also had problem in door. Service out 3 times, repaired, and problem arose while serviceman was still on site, finally repaired. Worked fine until September 5, 2019, only 19 months of use. Rather than additional cost of yet a 5th service call,...scrapped unit and replaced. Salesperson at appliance store said, "Not surprised by your misfortune, poorly made produce."

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Purchased a Frigidaire microwave. Sensors went bad just after a year. Frigidaire serviceman comes after we pay $100 service fee to look at it. He informs us the parts are defective, that Frigidaire KNOWS they are defective, and even if he puts in new ones it WILL break again... It's only a matter of time! The company is knowingly selling defective merchandise and the customers are paying for it. I contacted the company with this info, and they denied me any help except to send another service technician on my dime. I will NEVER buy Frigidaire again. This is a dirty company.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire focuses on supplying high-quality kitchen wares and other home appliances. They have a range of built-ins and community food blogs.

• Professional microwave: Large, high-wattage appliances for commercial kitchens of all sizes.

• Spacewise rack: The rack inserts easily into the microwave to provide two levels for cooking your food items.

• Sensor cooking: Cook with the touch of a button as the microwave sensors select the correct time and temperature settings.

• Convection: Convection settings allow you to roast or bake your dishes to perfection.

• 2-Speed ventilation: Over the range microwaves from Frigidaire function as an oven hood. Two fans with adjustable speeds are provided.

• Best for: Singles and couples, small families, large families and commercial kitchens.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs