Frigidaire Gas Ranges

Frigidaire Gas Ranges

2.9/5 (509 ratings)

About Frigidaire Gas Ranges

Frigidaire Gas Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Gas Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have a Frigidaire gas range and while it looks beautiful and seems to cook pretty good, the knobs for the burners are EXTRA SENSITIVE! You barely brush up against them and they turn on the gas, not necessarily the burner. I have smelled gas numerous times only to discover that the knob was slightly turned where the gas was on and escaping! I've even been gone and come home to strong gas smell. Had to call the gas company because unbeknownst to me, I brushed by and slightly turned the gas on! I would think there would be a requirement to push the knob in and then turn it; if for other reason than safety. Thank goodness I live alone and there are no children in my home regularly, but sometimes my grandchildren visit. VERY DANGEROUS!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Purchased a Frigidaire Gallery oven 11/2018, recommended by appliance salesperson as reliable. Oven suddenly malfunctioned after less than three years only months after the extended warranty expired. Top burners work as well as broiler, indicating a problem within the appliance itself. Very difficult to get an appliance repair company to service this appliance, I am waiting to see if it can be fixed at all, or if it will need to be replaced with another appliance, from another manufacturer.

Original review: June 6, 2021

Bought a package that included a gas range, dishwasher, fridge, and microwave. Within the first year the dishwasher breaks. Part is not available immediately and we have to wait for 3 months for a replacement part. Just outside of warranty the oven breaks (problems with the electronic control panel) . We have been waiting three months already (and continuing) for a replacement part even though the website says it is available within 14 days. After calling Frigidaire they state that the part will not be available for another 1-2 months, which puts me out of an oven for almost half a year. 1) Their products don't last, and (2) their after sales service is pathetic. Do not buy Frigidaire.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Purchased this stove and quickly realized how dangerous it was! Gas knobs turn on with barely any touching! Have had numerous times when we smell gas and realize the knob has turned on gas! I have almost caught on fire several times when trying to put things in microwave above stove or bump when moving pots on stove! I have owned an Amana and GE gas stoves and never had a problem! Beware of this stove, not safe!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I cant say enough good things about this stove. It is AMAZING!!! The cost was around $700.00 something at the time. Other stoves w/ this stove features were $2500.00 and up. It has split racks. It has thermometer probe. Its convection and the burners are out of this WORLD!!! One burner has more power than our whole old lame duck stove (Kenmore). What I hate: well this black top is a nightmare and I'm not alone. Many hundreds of people say this. You'd think if you heard customers beg for a different top they'd make one but NO to this day if you want a stainless top you have to spend $3000.00. So smeary black top not good but function of stove is over the top!!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

You think you're buying a quality product when you buy the "Gallery" collection from Frigidaire. Well, you'd be wrong. We remodeled our house and bought all new stainless appliances. We made the mistake of buying Frigidaire Gallery built in oven and microwave, 5-burner gas cooktop, and dishwasher. This was less than a year ago. We've already gotten rid of the dishwasher. This gas stovetop will be next. 2 broken knobs in 8 months. Ridiculous!!! Cheap** plastic in the knobs and yet this top was $700. Never again, Frigidaire! Never again! Your "quality" is a freaking joke!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Starting from the bottom up, the storage drawer is large and can store extra lids and griddle. The oven is Self high heat cleaning, with a delayed cleaning option, and always does a great job. The oven preheats quickly, and efficiently, and has a large viewing window in the door. The stove top features a rapid boil burner which is totally amazing and I love it very much.

The stove top is easy to clean, and looks like brand new with just a little spray of vinegar water, after the soft scrub. I love that I can disassemble the burners to clean under them and put them back in place with ease. This stove was here when we bought our home, and frankly all the appliances are Frigidaire, and when I move in a few weeks, I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt I will be buying ALL Frigidaire appliances to be sure. This is the best stove (Professional Series Frigidaire - Self-Cleaning Freestanding Gas Range - Stainless steel) that I've ever had in my 52 years of marriage.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Two of the stovetop elements stopped working after only a few years of ownership. I've managed to figure out workarounds, but living in an out of the way location makes getting it fixed next to impossible. The knob on one burner sometimes doesn't turn off, and sometimes turns on by itself (crazy fire hazard if anything is left on the stovetop) and the last issue is that if you accidentally touch the clean feature button, it's crazy hard to stop it. I've had my Frigidaire Slide in Oven rendered useless for over a month with the self clean feature that locks the oven door. It's pretty though. ;)

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

This is a glass top. The burner location circles marked on the glass scrape off in some areas when cleaning with a razor blade. Stove top stains easily and even deep cleaning leaves stains on the glass top. Drips easily find a way to get between the glass of the oven door. Only way to clean them is to remove glass from door clean and put back together. Using the oven cleaning cycle will stain the stoves aluminum faceplate as the vent from oven is located under the controls so the heat from the oven discolors the metal behind the control knobs where the heat vents out. Burners seem to heat up. Burners slow to heat up in my opinion. I would not recommend Frigidaire.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I have a 5 burner top with the Middle burner is the long one. I hate that I have to take it apart to clean it once a week and it still does not lite all the flame to cook with even after taking a pipe cleaner to open up little ports for gas to come thru to burn. IDK why it will not burn. Even smell gas that's not burning at times. And I hate the Selective Auto Lite to start the burners. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it don't. But other than that it works great.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

So far my stove is operating very well. It's stainless steel and black, this color does require a lot of cleaning. The stove top is black so I have to keep that clean and spot free. Stainless still is "not stain less". Overall, it's good stove that's easy to operate with easy to understand functions.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Broiler went out after 10 years, and automatic clean. Burner ring does not cover pan bottom, so foods heat unevenly. Surface difficult to clean. This is a low end range, and isn’t aesthetically pleasing to the eye or long lasting.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Stove has an issue with the stove top burners stopping working and the burners on the gas range aren't very well protected from cooking spills like other new models. The oven doesn't stay heated evenly at all. The stove knobs don't stay aligned properly with the gas level they release after about 2 years. Definitely need an update on these stoves that deals with these issues as well as the cheap plastic knobs. The vent for the oven is also not in the best of locations if you are cooking on the stove top while the oven is going, it heats up the pan handles because it vents the heat right at them. Definitely need to work on this brand's design!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Both back burners are very small. Perhaps one small and one medium sized burner in the rear. Could use another dual burner in the right front. The bottom drawer is very hard to open and prone to get off track. Needs a better track and handle.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I like my stove and oven, really glad that it's gas not electric, gas heats up a lot faster. The only thing I wish the oven would do is heat up a little faster, seems to take a while to reach the temperature that I set it for. The stove is not new so that could be the reason but I'm not planning on buying a new one for awhile but that's okay for now.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

This is a countertop range gas in which I prefer. I like that it evenly cooks the food. I feel Frigidaire is a reliable brand. We have used different brands throughout the years, but this is one of the ones we like.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I am reviewing the Frigidaire gas range. This is an excellent product for baking and frying and it's self-cleaning. Gas is great to use for cooking because you can regulate the heat and if you use cast iron this can be very useful. Baking is a piece of cake (no pun intended). The quality of the range is excellent but I have only had it for a few weeks. I didn't give it 5 stars because the manufacturer's customer service is problematic.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Well this oven looks great and has quality grates that baked on. The control panel is very easy to operate and it has a quick bake button to speed up the baking. The timer is convenient and beeps when ready. There is a light in the oven that turns on when you open the door, also the light has a separate button. The burners work well to cook foods and so on. The oven grates turned from their original chrome. And I replaced 3 oven igniters in nine years. Overall we are happy with our Frigidaire oven.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Very good looking stove but made of cheap materials and no bottom heating element on the top heating element in which it does not cook evenly. I would not recommend this oven to family or friends. That’s why I gave it a 3.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

It may be unsafe. Surface of entire stove heats up when a burner on. Finish is awful, easily stained. One burner fell apart. The stove is probably 3 years old. One vent for the oven to the surface fell off. It is self-cleaning but I'm afraid to turn on heat that high give the shoddiness of this stove. I fear my stove!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Overall it works well. It is a Natural gas or LP gas range that cooks fast. It does take a long to pre-heat. I had to adjust the internal gas valve for LP gas. The stove top cooks very fast but it is almost impossible to simmer a large pot of sauce as it will boil on the smallest burner and lowest flame. I take one grill from an unused burner and carefully place it on top of the smallest burner grill and put my pot of sauce on it. Simmers fine on the lowest flame.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

It all started when my counter top stove began showing signs of catastrophic failures. So after searching options on the internet. I found my new counter top stove on AMAZON. I placed my order with ease. And it arrived extremely well packaged. Preventing any damage by our "great" delivery services. Once it arrived. I was able to install it with minor counter mods. Since the counter is originally sized from 1957 sized stove tops. And updating & installing an electric junction box required now. Not required in 1957. After all said & done. I am very happy with my Frigidaire Gallery 5 Burner Stove. I do recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

The oven in white is a difficult appliance to clean and keep clean. The stovetop stains easily after spills or even simple preparation. I use a baking soda mix with water to remove stains but it is an intense workout. The grill plates also stain and are difficult to clean. The glass door on the oven has similar issues and the self clean setting does not do the job. I have been shopping for a replacement appliance as the range is no longer working. What a mess!

Sincerely, an unhappy consumer

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

This is a perfectly fine basic range oven. There are five burners, automatic lighting, with different heat intensities, easy to clean for spills, glass door, oven light, meat thermometer, grill, warming drawer, self cleaning, white gloss surface.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Range and oven work great! Sleek style and easy to operate. I have a 5 burner gas range/oven and like it a lot. I also like the convection or quick bake option. The front of the oven doesn't get hot which is nice if you have kids at home. Overall, the unit looks nice with the stainless steal/black coat cooktop combo. Cons: The black cook top (range) shows EVERYTHING after you cook. I can scrub and clean and it never seems to look fully clean.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

The oven elements wear out too soon. Hard to clean cooktop. Oven Replacement parts difficult to install. I prefer pans that can be taken out and cleaned. Pans can be taken out and soaked and cleaned better.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

This is a good stove. 5 spots to cook on with the middle that can be use for grilling. Easy to clean. Black steel and does not easily gets dirty. Knobs are easy to clean as well. Wide oven and has an easy and simple set up.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Oven is accurate and self cleaning. Easy adjustable flame on stove top. Great value for The money. I would definitely buy another one if I ever needed to. About 5 years old and works like it's brand new.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

This Frigidaire model is a gas range, 5 burner convection oven. Bakes evenly, has quick boil & simmer burners, oven pre-heats quickly and has duel self-cleaning features. One of the best features to me was that the top burners would continue to work if power went out. I researched many models and read many reviews before deciding on this Frigidaire model. I have had this range for almost a year without any issues. This was a replacement for a 3 year old Kenmore that was plagued with ignition issues. Every 6 months it needed to be repaired, which eventually became unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Beautifully designed and works great. Love the cooktop surface because the grates cover 100% of the top and there is no interruption or catches when you slide a pan from one burner to another. The Oven's racks slide in and out easily. The burners on the stove light right away and the flame is hot (sometimes medium is more like low on other stoves). It came well packaged without any damage or scratches to the stainless steel finish.

Frigidaire Gas Ranges Company Information