1.48/5
Based on 172 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

200 Frigidaire Gas Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Purchased a Frigidaire Gallery series stove/oven. Have had to replace oven door handles twice. They become brittle over time and crack off when opening oven, or fail where screws attach to all plastic handle. Largest stove burner overheats gas nob when heating larger pots. Frigidaire is not what they use to be. Stove made by another manufacturer that has had quality issues for years. What a shame. Will never buy Frigidaire again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Beware. I bought a Frigidaire FPIC3677RF induction cooktop and used the posted cut out dimensions from their website. They are wrong! Now I have a cooktop that won't fit. Frigidaire won't take the brand new cooktop back, and their dealer won't swap it for one that fits. Just terrible customer service and no accountability. I will now have to spend over a $1,000 to redo my countertop and backsplash because of Frigidaire's error. Not recommended.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

The oven (Gallery Gas Range) turned itself on. It was early a.m. and there was a burning odor. Looked around the house and saw the oven was on but the panel only indicted the clock. Pushing the cancel button did nothing. The thermometer I keep in the oven read over 500 degrees. The oven burners were going full blast. I turned the power off at the electrical panel/fuse box and the oven shut down. Called an electrician and he come immediately and checked my electrical outlets... no problem. When he plugged the range back in a tiny puff of smoke came out of the control panel. After seeing another review about the oven turning itself on I believe I will purchase a new gas range without an electronic panel, rather than chance another problem like that. Lucky that I was home. No telling if a fire might have burned my house down with my pets inside. It was a terrifying experience. I will contact the company on Monday. This happened October 26, 2018.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My Frigidaire range is less than one week old. I have had repair technicians in my home three times and the range still does not work properly. Numerous calls to service department and emails to Frigidaire Corporate offices have proved futile. Self-cleaning cycle results in error messages. Over smokes excessively. One of the four induction burners is broken. To date I have no status from Frigidaire as to when or if the appliance will be repaired/replaced or my money refunded. This company is an embarrassment.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

This gas stove is extremely easy to ignite. Everyone in the family has done it accidentally just leaning on it. In fact this stove almost cost us our house. Our dog is even able to turn on and light the burner, and did so with no one home. There were baked cupcakes cooling on top, which burned and began smoking with the burning on underneath. Thank God the fire dept responded quickly, and we only ended up with a house full of smoke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We purchased our oven back in 2015 and since, it has broken down TWICE. I find this absolutely unacceptable. The first time was in 2016 when we had to replace the touchpad unit. That repair cost us about $300. The current issue is showing similar symptoms where the oven/broiler is not functioning. The difference, this time, seems to be that it is a gas valve problem where last time, it was the igniter.

I spoke with a woman "Jennifer", from customer service department, this evening and described our problem and my utter disappointment in this product. Her solution was to offer us a 50% discount on whatever part needed to be replaced. The problem I see, with that solution, is that the part is probably going to be $40. So for the total sum of $20, Frigidaire is attempting to purchase our continued loyalty to its inferior products. I can NOT think of anything more insulting to my intelligence, other than someone thinking that I would EVER purchase another Frigidaire product, in my lifetime.

As I explained to "Jennifer", I am a 55 year old male, who has purchase innumerable appliances, in my lifetime and have NEVER had such an atrocious experience. Suffice to say, we will be going out this weekend and purchasing a NEW stove...and it will NOT be a Frigidaire. Also, we will be notifying all our friends and family to avoid their products, in the future, as well as taking every opportunity to relay our experiences to others through social media. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I purchased gas range in 7/23/17. Did not have gas installed into home until 10/2017 at which time hooked up new gas stove. 8/30/18 - spewing gas into my house. Called repairman as warranty expired 38 days ago. Have to buy new stove. Repairs to replace regulator on burner, regulator on oven and gas inlet housing almost $500. Paid $600 less than a year ago. Told me to not use and I was lucky it did not blow up my home. Called Frigidaire, warranty out by 38 days... too bad... too sad... Called Home Depot. Didn't buy extended warranty... too bad... too sad... So angry I want to explode with or without the assistance of a sorry piece of crap gas stove by Frigidaire.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Had my range for only 8 years before it was declared "un-fixable" by 3 different repair guys. Replaced every part, including the $300 board and still will not work. I will NEVER buy another Frigidaire appliance.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Purchased Frigidaire 5 Burner Gas Range, FFGF3054TD 7/3/18, install 7/22/18. Used cook top 2 days later and just a few times since installed. Extreme care needed around this range. If you bump into knobs, or like me, lean against front panel to reach cabinet above the knobs they can easily turn to on position. We have both done it, hubby is 6'3", I'm 5'3". Hubby is hearing impaired and cannot easily smell things. I have turned off back left burner and turned on front right turbo burner and the back left came back on by itself. Hubby had bumped knobs and did not hear ignition clicking. Another time he bumped and no clicking, just had smell of gas which he couldn't smell, glad I was home! I have to lean close to reach cabinet above range hood and have not felt my body turning knob on, only heard that ignitor clicking. Range knobs are only one problem.

Oven used 3 times now and each time the oven makes popping sounds, enough to make my dog bark and the other run. 1st time; oven set 375° for 45 min, then used the broiler for about 7 minutes to finish the bake. Heats up kitchen pretty good, turned oven off and noticed front panel where knobs sit was pretty warm/hot to touch. Sides of oven which fit in between cabinets were extremely warm too. 2nd time, last night oven on 425° for 40 minutes as per direction for 1 pot pie. Set timer, when done, pie crust was burnt on side closest to front oven door. Turned oven off and again noticed how hot knob panel was. Decided to get my meat probe out, pressed it tight against panel, it registered 156°. Ate my pie and noticed panel still pretty darn warm. Called hubby in to hold meat thermometer against panel so I could use cell phone camera. It registered 135° by then.

Today, used this oven for the last time!!! Set to 425° for 90 minutes. Same problems, popping and hot hot hot front knob/panel and sides. I discourage anyone to NOT USE this range or any of Frigidaire Gas Ranges. It is certainly a death trap for anyone, be it a child, small/tall person, hearing impaired, with dementia or in any cognitively impaired or inebriated persons. I WANT TO HELP YOU OR LOVED ONES SAVE YOUR LIVES. Read the many other reviews on Frigidaire ranges and you will see where I'm coming from. Thankfully the company I bought from listened to me and checked Consumer Affairs reports and has changed my range to another manufactured brand!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Bought new glass top stove (CPES3085KF6) in 2013 for $2000. Had to replace glass top in 2015 for a cost of $817. It has now cracked again. DO NOT BUY this product. Frigidaire will not do anything except offer me 10% off part. Serviceman on first replacement said top was defective but past 1 year warranty. Have been online and see other complaints. Frigidaire need to do something about this defective product. I can’t talk to supervisor as customer service will not let me past them. I think Frigidaire should give me a new part. Frigidaire wake up, your consumers are not happy. Do you really think a stove top should only last 2 years. Plus we only use it 7 months per year as we are snowbirds.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The Frigidaire Gas Range is a professional model. It has a glass top, four burners plus bridge for odd shaped pots and pans. It also has a large oven and is self cleaning. Have used it for 15 yrs and never any problem. I have recommended to many.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I bought the Frigidaire Gas Range about 7 years ago. It was a piece of junk from day one. The oven has not worked for at least 6 years. The only reason I still have it is that I cannot afford to buy another one.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My Frigidaire Gas Range was new and came with the house when I bought it. I like it pretty much. The burners, however are a bit tricky and can be annoying. Also, they are too close to each other making it hard to use a large pan. But the oven is calibrated nicely as recipes usually come out fine. It has a double glass panel though and I am not sure how to give the glass a good cleaning. I don’t see anything in the booklet about this but it’s not too bad!

Original review: April 29, 2018

This Frigidaire gas range, model FGGF3030PWB is 13 months old. Bought it in March 2017. I went to open the oven door and the right side came off the hinge. I only opened it a few inches. Called to my husband to help. He went to lift it up and the whole glass front of the door exploded into thousands of tiny glass shards. Good thing he wasn't hurt. I have been cooking for over 50 years and have never heard of anything like this. Of course the warranty expired last month. Extremely unhappy with this stove.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My mother in law's house burned down 3 yrs ago and had to be completely gutted and rebuilt inside. 1.5 yrs ago when completed she purchased a set of Frigidaire appliances. 5 burner gas range, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave. She's had a repair person here for every single one of these appliances! The digital timer, clock, and built in meat thermometer DO NOT work and never have! She's had problems with the burners and most concerning problems with the temp knobs turning on very easily which fills the house with gas fumes! This is absolutely horrible and dangerous! We will never purchase this brand again. EVER. Someone is going to end up dying from gas fumes.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We bought this at the recommendation of Gerhard Appliances owner as one of the best. While we like the stove it has not functioned well a single day since we got it. First the grates were defective and so the stove could not be leveled. Then the burners would not function and had to be ignited manually to get flame. The oven does not heat beyond 250 degrees and as many have mentioned, the knobs turn on accidentally at the slightest touch. We had this delivered late Feb 2017 and since then have had about 14-15 service calls some from dealer and some from the manufacturer. We are still waiting for them to make the oven function. Wish I had done my homework before buying this expensive, and useless appliance.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We purchased an entire package of Frigidaire Gallery 5 burner gas range appliances in November 2011. To date, I have had no problems with them... until now. When I was cleaning, I noticed a problem with the oven door... it seems that the seal must have broken. On the right side, it sticks out a little. I went to their website to try to buy a new door for my range... was unable to locate one. They want me to buy several pieces of glass, disassemble the door, put a new seal in... myself... to the tune of about $300. The extended warranty ran out 6 months before this happened... and I am fairly sure it happened during the self-clean mode.

I use my stove every day, and this is making me mad. I cannot afford a new one... and now, when I use the oven... it gets so hot in the kitchen, I have to open a window. It is currently 16 degrees out with a wind chill of zero. Ugh. I did very much like these, but will go up a level to the pro series next time I can afford to buy them. Very disappointed... especially as my Whirlpool range almost cost me my home! Our daughter recommended this series... just sad.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

One of the worst mistakes I've made in life was to ever purchase your terrible appliances. 2.5 years after filling my home with your appliances I'm now stuck with the daunting task of now trying to find money to get my gas range fixed for the second time. I will never recommend Frigidaire to anyone. When I bought my home I bought ALL Frigidaire appliances. ALL have had some sort of problems. First, it was the refrigerator, then the gas oven, then the microwave and of course the dishwasher. The company refused to send someone out to take a look at my gas range. When I stated I was very upset the supervisor said "Usually when we don't get what we want that what happens." I stated to her, "Well I'm actually disappointed because 2.5 years after I spend all this money I should not have so much issues with my appliances" to which she answered "Anything that's man made will eventually break". DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I am unhappy with my stove. I have had problems with my burners and was informed that roaches in the stove caused my burners to go out. The burners were replaced and the same thing happened. I only had one repair company available to do work under my one year warranty. That company was in another town. They told me that the second set of burners had come in and they would set up a time when the weather improved. When the weather improved they told me they had no burners and Frigidaire would not supply a second set of burners. After calling customer service, they contacted the appliance company who noted that they would not fix the burners until I had a receipt from a professional exterminator. Thus, I am required to produce this documentation.

The serviceman on his second service call did not say this to me. He said he would order the burners. Not receiving the truth from the serviceman was misleading. I have owned several stoves over 40 years and never had this problem with my smooth top stoves. The Frigidaire design with the burners is problematic. I would not recommend this product. My hometown is big enough to have someone from my town do the warranty work. I have owned this Galaxy convection range for 6 months and did not have use of the burners Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the present.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

4 months old, Bought NEW Frigidaire 5 Burner Gas Stove in AUGUST. This is DECEMBER 12TH. I decided to clean the oven. 20 min. into clean up the oven glass door imploded (shattered). I called and ask that it be replaced 4 months old. Why not, they refused, said they will send repair person to see whats the problem is for repair, I explained Christmas is a week away. I have family coming in from out of state, And now NO way to cook a meal. Are you kidding, is this good customer care??? Model LGGF3043KFW Serial No. VF71726003. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!! Very unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Within three months one stove eye went out. About two weeks later two more went. Had those repaired. Now the stove is on the fritz again. The same eyes are out. Cooked Thanksgiving dinner with one eye. It is now a month after calling Frigidaire and it is still not fixed because the repairman cannot get the parts. This is so unfair. Frigidaire will do nothing as long as it is repairable. Forget the fact that the parts are not available. What does one do? I will tell everyone stay away from Frigidaire.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Model # FGGF3035RWC - This stove is an accident waiting to happen. The knobs to turn on the burners are extremely sensitive - if you brush again them they turn on. You don't realize it until it’s been on for awhile and smell gas. This is a major flaw, the stove should be recalled. I have called Frigidaire but they insist this is the design of the stove and there nothing needs to be done. I am contemplating calling one of the Consumer shows to try to publicize this critical design flaw.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased a Crosley Gas stove 7 years ago. The stove was manufactured by Frigidaire. The grates which are porcelain wrapped are chipping off - more and more every day. I called the store I purchased it from to inquire if they are under warranty only to find out that they are not even made anymore. When I expressed my anger, I was told that the stove is basically made to be a throwaway. The rest of the stove works fine, it just looks terrible. I will never buy a Frigidaire product again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Bought this range LGGF3043k/ from Lowe's. Have had problems with the burners. Repair service came out because the burners would not igniting twice. Then oven took over 2 hours to heat and soon as it reaches 350 it starts cooling off and whatever you are cooking ruins. They replaced the element but now the thing is doing the very same thing. I checked and apparently it is on recall. I have repair service coming out again but I am going to be afraid the thing may blow up. After all it has been repaired for doing the very same thing and evidently it is not repaired.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

LESS THAN A YEAR ago we purchased a Frigidaire Professional Model FPGF3077QF gas range online to replace our old Frigidaire electric range/oven/microwave from the 1970s that finally quit working except on one burner. We figured Frigidaire made exceptional products. Not anymore, apparently. The Frigidaire Professional Series range was way more expensive than others, but we were sold by how it looked, and the fact that it did not have an electronic control panel, but knobs. The first thing we noticed when the range was delivered was how flimsy the bottom drawer was. It has never hung straight, and it is so thin and weak that you cannot use it to store even one pot. It is useless.

Despite the fact that we hardly used it, within a month or so the convection fan stopped working. A serviceman came out, took the range out from the wall, took it apart and replaced the fan. He also unsuccessfully tried to fix the flimsy, cockeyed lower drawer. It still hangs crooked. Within a short while, the convection fan stopped working again, even though we almost never use it. We are having it serviced again in a week.

The black stove top porcelain finish is already badly stained and NOTHING works to clean it. It looks like crap already - and the finish is not covered by the warranty. The burners themselves are not heavy-duty or even close to commercial quality. They are the same burners they use on the low end models. And if you accidentally turn the knob past the ignition stage, the gas will just continue to pour out. If you inadvertently walked away, your entire house could fill up with gas.

As for the knobs for the oven, they are just electronic controls, subject to the same problems as electronic panels. The knobs do not operate the oven mechanically like commercial ovens - which is disappointing as the oven control knobs were why we decided to pay the steep price for this overpriced range. Our biggest fear is that when the warranty runs out, the problems will continue.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I was wish I would've read reviews before purchasing this stove for my mother. I purchased the gas stove in January and in early August it burst into large flames while she was cooking. The flames quickly traveled to the front knobs. We have contacted the store and manufacture company with no luck as to a replacement or refund. Stay away from this product!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I was broiling some pork steaks in the oven and when I took them out and went to shut the broiler off It burned my finger. I looked close at the control panel and seen that it had melted! I asked my husband to come look at it and he too touched the control panel to try to make sure it was shut off and it burned his finger also!

The Stove is 3 years old and has always been very hot when in use. We have a 5 year warranty on it so my husband called and made an appointment for them to come check it out. They came the next day, checked the oven over and said they believed that the insulation fell therefore it was overheating and melting the control panel. How does that happen?

Last year one of the burners was acting up so I call and the warranty service came out and fixed that and I mentioned to him about the stove being very hot when in use and how it heated up the Kitchen to 20 to 30 degrees hotter than the other rooms in the house... Even company complained as to how hot it was in the kitchen. The serviceman took notes and said he would see to it that it got turned into the Office and would get back to us on what the verdict would be. Waiting for an answer and afraid to use my stove!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Moved to brand new house 2017 with new appliances and they are all Frigidaire. The GAS RANGE model ffgf3047lsj. It feels like it is very sensitive to everything. The electric sparks will be replaced by warranty. The stove doesn't cook, it burns. I love to cook and I have never had an issue like this with other gas ranges. I would never recommend this product to anyone who enjoys cooking.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

New home, appliances all Frigidaire Gallery, fairly new, looked great. Last night used the convection oven for the second time in 2 weeks, turned it off when done. Realized some hours later that, while the panel showed it off, it was still on! Not at 350 as I'd had it set, but the element and top rack were too hot to touch for more than a second. Very grateful to all the people who have posted about this problem, as I was able to turn it off at the breaker and leave it that way overnight in order to sleep without worrying about my house burning down. Now I'm thinking I should probably replace every last one of these Frigidaire Gallery appliances which, of course, was not in the budget. They're frightening and I will never trust any of them again after reading these comments. Having issues with the side-by-side fridge and the microwave, too.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We bought a Frigidaire Professional Freestanding Convection Stainless Gas Range model number FPGF3077QB because the electronic keypad on our old GE gas range eventually gave up the ghost. We picked this model because we wanted the minimum amount of electronic keypad features. The keypad on this model has two timers, interior light pad and clock feature only. In order to use either of the timers or the clock feature, you press the + or - area of the pad and the numbers are supposed to increment one at a time initially and then by larger degrees of 5 or ten later.

The increment features never worked as designed... Regardless where or how you pressed the + or - area, the device would not work correctly and after some seconds of climbing at increments of one or sometimes 5, eventually before you reached your target the device would time out and you would need to start over. Very annoying if you were trying to set a 120 minute timer, or to set the clock after a power failure. We have this keypad replace once under warranty but the replacement is no better than the first. That whole mechanism is junk and I use my microwave timer instead and the set the time of day on my microwave.

Another feature that I did not note when I bought the range is that there is no indicator giving you the temperature of the oven. A light shows when it is heating and another when it reaches temperature but there is no indication while heating or at temperature as to what the temperature really is. Something I just assumed that modern ranges would do. I will never buy another of these.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire's history stretches back to its founding in Indiana in 1916, when many of its most innovative "iceboxes" still used actual ice. It introduced the world's first 30-inch electric range in 1952.

• Frigidaire Fit Promise: Frigidaire guarantees that it can help buyers find a model to fit the space available in their kitchens.

• Built-in options: Frigidaire offers one of the most extensive arrays of choices for buyers who want appliances that can be seamlessly integrated into countertops and cabinetry.

• Coordinated design: Frigidaire maintains design unity across multiple product types, giving buyers many choices when they wish to maintain a consistent appearance for all of a household's appliances, including stoves.

• Easy buying tools: Frigidaire's Appliance Selector allows buyers to quickly find the best choice for their needs.

• Robust warranty support: Frigidaire makes it easy for buyers to schedule maintenance and receive warranty support online, through mail or with authorized local partner locations.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs