Frigidaire Gas Ranges

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I like my Range and the fact that it is not all black. The white or almond top is much easier to clean and the dirt shows so much better. The backsplash is black and I would prefer it to be stainless steel or white enamel. I don't want a range with all the special bells and whistles, it is just more difficult to keep clean. I presently have a gas range and prefer it to the glass top ranges. It is easier to control the temperature when cooking.

Oven heats up in average amount of time, but always have to bake/roast much longer than recipe states. The "quick bake" seems to make no difference timewise and just makes food drier. Oven won't go below 250. Burners rarely light on 1st attempt and lowest level at times isn't low enough - food can burn.

We bought our Gas Stove (Frigidaire) Model LGGF3043KF back in September of 2015. I love the stove as far as performance but very unsatisfied with the cooktop of the stove as I cannot get it clean. I have tried everything they have suggested and nothing works. It leaves a white film on the top of the stove and it actually looks like the paint is breaking down. I called Frigidaire and they were no help at all. They said it was cosmetic and not covered. I was told that it is probably water spots and would need to buy a cleaner called Cerama Bryte. I told them I already bought and tried that and it didn't work. They came back with you bought the one for grease not water spots and I would have to pay $5.99 plus $7.00 shipping. What a bunch of crap. I will never purchase another item from this manufacturer again!!!! Lesson learned.

It is a cheaply made range, supposed to be self cleaning oven that just doesn't clean. Stainless steel but very difficult to shine the outside. Purchased because the sizes of the Microwave and refrigerator were the right size to fit the room we had in the kitchen. Not happy with any of the 3 Frigidaire appliances we purchased.

Frigidaire Professional Dual-Fuel Range (Gas Cooktop & Electric Oven). Model FPD83085PFB -- Purchased Fall 2014; installed Summer 2015. This is an extremely unsafe range because it allows gas to flow without igniting. This can occur when you set the burner on low and the flame goes out, which happened frequently. The gas continues to flow, and the igniters do not fire. It can also happen when one of the forward-facing knobs is accidentally nudged. The knobs are very easily nudged if, for example, you lean back against the stove (when it's off) and your bottom slightly presses on a knob. The gas will begin to flow, but the igniters do not fire. It can also happen if you turn the knob past the "Lite" position. In this case, gas flows strongly, but the igniters do not fire. (This case is less likely to cause an accident because you would usually just adjust the knob to "Off" or "Lite").

I cannot believe these ranges haven't been recalled because of this danger. In addition, the stove is a terrible performer. The burners are easily disturbed by slight air movement and are not as hot as they should be for the diameter of the burner. The knobs are sticky on turning and the burners don't increase/decrease smoothly. This review is based on a year's use by two adults who have years of experience cooking on gas ranges. There are no children in our household, so we gave the range a year trial. After multiple occasions when the first two types of failures occurred, we've finally decided that a single case where we didn't catch the failure promptly could result in injury, death or destruction of our home by fire. We are removing this range and replacing it with one that doesn't present such grave risks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

We had a Frigidaire gas stove/oven model: fgf337asa of which the oven turned on by itself. We have 2 toddlers that we were putting down for naps when the smoke alarm went off. I grabbed the fire extinguisher and went to extinguish the flames but noticed that the gas burners for the oven were lit at full power. The controls all stated that the oven was still off. I turned the oven on then off and the flames went out. I blamed my wife and she blamed me as the possibility of an oven turning on by itself seemed impossible to us.

Approx. 6 months later we were sleeping over at the parents' place for a week and my tenant calls me stating there's a fire upstairs and the fire department is on the way. It was the oven! It turned on by itself. This time we knew as no one had been home for 3 days, unless a burglar broke in, turned on the oven and fled without causing any b/e damage and without taking anything. We called Frigidaire and advised them of the danger concerning their oven and they advised that since the oven is outside of its warranty and "near or at the end of its useful life". We're in the hole for a new stove plus $2500 for a restoration company for the smoke damage. I am just glad that my kids weren't sleeping upstairs!!! SO IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS as in my opinion, Frigidaire seems think that it is okay a stove/oven past its useful life to ignite onto maximum mode spontaneously. Cheers, Shocked and unsatisfied, ex-customer.

The Frigidaire Range is not quite 1 year old. It is black with a stainless steel control panel so it is very attractive. The only thing I don't like is it is not a self-cleaning oven. I didn't purchase it myself but my landlady did. I am happy with her purchase.

My stove/range is gas... Overall I like it. Love the gas stove. No waiting on it to beat up instant heat. But as for the oven part it takes good while to heat up and if say your cooking a frozen pizza that says 11 to 13 mins to cook... Usually takes about 15 mins to cook. Not bad bout when you smelling pizza 2 more mins is a long time.

I am very pleased with the price of my range. To start with the price was awesome. Then there's the looks, can't go wrong with a nice black range. And then there is the five burners, helped out a lot on Thanksgiving. The oven is big enough to fit a 23lbs. Turkey plus a 11 lbs ham bean hot dish and sweet potatoes all at the same time!!

Frigidaire Gas Range model# LGGF3043KFT. I thought I was buying one of the top of the line ranges. Trouble from the start. Front right burner will burn someone to death one day. Its flame shoots out way too high. Had it adjusted twice by a service man and was finally told, "That's the way it's made". The knobs turn on if you slightly push against them (when I’m reaching above my stove to the microwave). Very much a hazard and lastly the oven bottom door is not closing straight. It bulges out in one corner. They refuse to fix it under my warranty stating it was "cosmetic". Not what they use to be... Sad. Really surprised they haven't been sued yet on safety issues.

So the propane company tested the gas pressure in the line to the oven. It wouldn't hold pressure so they disconnected and plugged the line and it held pressure. They reattached to the stove and it wouldn't hold pressure. No cooking or more propane until the leak is fixed. Frigidaire says all gas appliances leak to a small degree. The propane company can't refill the tank due to laws to protect me. Now, I have a $1000 stainless steel paperweight in my kitchen. I can't use it at all. Both the propane company (bound by law) and the appliance company (bound by money) are leaving my family out in the cold. How can they do this? The repair company didn't take anything apart just passed this magic marker looking thing over the burners and in the oven - no leaks. You're on your own. What am I to do?

FRIGIDAIRE GAS RANGE Model No. FPGF3077QF - Very pleased with every feature of this range, except for the bottom drawer, which looks nice in the brochure photos, but which is a complete piece of crap. This range is one of the most expensive in its class, and I expected something a little heavy duty. But the bottom drawer is cheaply made, Never quite slides or closes like it is supposed to, and with any use will break for sure. This would be a wonderful range if Frigidaire improves the bottom drawer. As it is, you cannot use it to store anything.

I bought this stove, Frigidaire gas range, model BGGF3045RFA, a year ago and just got around to installing after finishing remodeling of my kitchen. On the first day of use, my 2-year old grandson slightly turned one of the gas control knobs on the front of the range turning the gas on to the burner, but not igniting it. I started to smell gas and went to investigate and found the knob was slightly ajar. Then, later in the same day, my wife used the overhead microwave and bumped one of the gas control knobs just enough to turn the gas on. Again, she didn't notice until I smelled gas in the living room. This is very scary. I will be calling Frigidaire, but others seem to have already and have had not resolve. I immediately went to Home Depot and bought child-proof knob covers. Hopefully this will prevent mistaken knob turning. Frigidaire needs to fix or recall these stoves.

I want people to know that this product is junk! I've had this cooktop range for a few years and it has shattered twice. Luckily, the first time was under warranty and the repairman said I was lucky because it costs a fortune to replace if not covered under a warranty. I thought it must have been a fluke, but now it's happened again for no rhyme or reason. I was just cooking and a big pop which shattered the whole cooktop. I will never, ever buy a product of theirs again. Buyers beware. Also, even under warranty, I had to pay $100 for his services.

Gas Range is very unsafe. Knobs are on front of stove and are easily bumped and turned on. Most times I catch it but the other day I left for work at 6:30 am and my teenage son woke up at noon to a house full of natural gas. Very scary. I will be calling Frigidaire and filing a complaint. I see others have had the same issue with no resolve. I will be taking knobs off the front and only put on when I am using the stove. Thank goodness nothing horrible happened but I could have lost my son, my dog and my entire house. Shame on Frigidaire for not resolving this very dangerous issue which they have been made aware of for years. Wish I would have seen these reviews prior to making my decision to buy this stove. I did a lot of research and never saw the negatives - only the positives. This negative would have definitely made me buy another brand.

We bought the Frigidaire Gallery 30" freestanding smooth cook top, full touch panel range (FGEF3056KF) back in March of 2010. We just had the touch panel replaced for the FOURTH time, this time along with other components due to them melting together after it arched, in total over $700 in repairs this time. But without fail the touch panel has shorted out ever 14-18 months! This last time being the worst with the arching and melting. Seriously scared to have this thing in my home!

The first two repairs were done under our Best Buy warranty, and the last two have been done under the extended warranty we bought through Frigidaire (best $190 ever spent!!!), thankfully this warranty will go until mid 2018, during which this panel should short out again, and since that will be the third time under 'this' warranty they 'might' just replace the whole unit!!! We paid right around $1100 for this unit in 2010, and thankfully warranties have paid over $2000 in repairs in the past 6 years... DO NOT BUY this range... But if you must, get the warranty!!! And always stay near it when running... Maybe even flip the circuit at night and when you're not home!!!

I specifically bought this gas convection oven with a baking drawer to have gas stove and a secondary stove drawer for baking additional items from the convection main oven. THIS OVEN IS NOT SAFE, DO NOT BUY!! 1. The gas controls are easily turned on/open gas to your house by slightly bumping into them, since they are located in the front and not more resistant to a controlled intentional "turn on." 2. It vents the extremely hot air from the oven into the house from a vent just below the controls on the back of the oven, if not careful while using the oven, you can be burned.

I called Frigidaire to make sure the installers did not miss some venting for the oven and they told me know, it was specifically designed that way, basically there is nothing you can do. I have a very good vent hood on top of the stove, but it cannot take out all the 400 degree heated air coming out. Very bad design!! FRIGIDAIRE SHOULD RECALL THIS OVEN AND REPLACE, SOMEONE'S HOUSE WILL BURN DOWN FROM THIS AND/OR SUFFER A SEVERE BURN.

I purchased this appliance approximately 6 mos ago and have had nothing but grief. I was always smelling gas so I had the gas company come out to check it and they found a crack in the pipe that leads into the back of the stove so I was brought a new stove and a gas odor was still prevalent. I finally called an outside plumber and I was shown where the gas was leaking so I had that fixed from my own pocket. Well, lo and behold, now the oven doesn't light and I am told by the electrician that the ignition is not working and they have to order me another one! 2 weeks without an oven! Should have saved my money.

I purchased a Frigidaire gas stove from Home Depot in Feb of 2016. When I used the self-cleaning cycle it scorched the top of the stove. Frigidaire sent someone out and he said it was normal. He also told me not to use the self-cleaner. I have been an owner of gas stove and have never had one do this. I am afraid that this store could burn my house down. I now feel now a ping pong going between Frigidaire and Home Depot. I am 70 yrs old and on Social Security. I cannot afford to replace the stove.

Frigidaire Professional 30 inch dual fuel slide-in range - I love my stove/range. Have had since 2008. The only issue I have is that if you wipe the window inside with a soapy dishcloth to get drips or when it is on self cleaning, drips have managed to get in between the glass.

Purchased Frigidaire CFEF3016LWC October 2010, 6 years ago. Stove stopped working, F10. Took off the back plate and found the control panel burnt.

In 2011 I purchased the Frigidaire range (Gas range FGGS3045KW) from Lowe's. In March of 2013 the oven control center went out and I had it replaced. One month later the control center went out again and was once again replaced. On 3/20/16 the control center went out again. That's 3 times in 5 years. I sent an email to the Frigidaire company and they have not responded. It's over $200 to have this part replaced.

Frigidaire professional stove. Do be care in purchasing this stove. The top stove elements are on the front and when working in the kitchen can be very easily touched with your body without knowing and the burners come on. I have had a small fire and ruined two cookie sheets that were on top of the stove. It is very dangerous. If I had gone out of the house there would have been a serious fire. Very bad if there are children around. The element knobs should be on the side of the top of the stove not on the front. I would never buy this type of stove again. Just a warning to all.

Frigidaire, glass top, self-cleaning. Easier to maintain. Cost. Convenience. (It is sold at the local Sears, the only store in town). It's been a good value and performs decently. The top has stained more than I would like and I don't think all the burners have worn equally. On the other hand, it is 10+ years old. It would have to be self-cleaning and have a glass top. I'm too old to compromise on those features. I expect decent quality and a price I can live with. I don't need any fancy accessories. Budget was a consideration for us. At the time this was in the $500-$600 range and that suited us. As mentioned before, it has the 2 features I will not compromise on -- self-cleaning and glass top.

Frigidaire 4 Burner Gas Stove - It was on "sale" and a floor model was the reason for purchase. The reputation was a factor but we had never had a Frigidaire stove only having had their air conditioners and refrigerators. The price was good as it was a "floor model", but the color, black, was not the first preference and the controls for the oven are on the back-splash and require reaching over the burners to turn it on and set the temps etc. Some of the LED's stopped working in the read-out for the oven temps but it remains usable despite their failures. It was purchased from H.H. Gregg, which seems to sell products and models that, for some reason, have not sold elsewhere.

As style is basically "meaningless", having a safe, durable, and reliable product was foremost in our investment. As the the black color shows every speck of dust it would not be a first choice for future purchases. And after only a few uses, the plastic overlay for the "touch controls" on the backsplash wrinkled from the heat from the oven which is vented just below it. This may have precipitated the LED failure in the oven temp readout. As stated previously, having to reach over the four burners to adjust the oven controls when setting the timer and temps seems unsafe for obvious reasons. As most ovens, one must adjust the desired temps to those indicated to assure accuracy which comes from frequent use.

Frigidaire Professional Series. I like the appearance. The stainless steel and black are very attractive in my kitchen. I like that it has 5 burners which is helpful since I cook so much. Having different burners such as the Power Plus and Simmer is great to cook on. Unfortunately, I have had problem with the burners igniting since I first purchased the range. After 2 visits from a technician they felt there was no problem to be found, yet a few years later, still have problems regularly with the burners. If I have one burner on most times a second burner will not initially ignite. It will take me several tries to turn it on. Also the oven temperature isn't consistent and have already had to replace the element after only a couple of years of use.

What I've learned through the years is to ask service technicians their opinions on which appliances require the most, or least, service. Quality is number one and an attractive appliance with a lot of features does no good if it doesn't work properly or needs constant repair. I don't mind paying more as long as the quality is there. I'm also not interested in too many accessories that I would never use. For instance, my current range has a warming oven that I only use for storage. I paid more for something I have no intention of using. Overall, I'm very dissatisfied with Frigidaire ranges. I also own an electric oven in our vacation home and continue to have heating problems as well as a problem with the seal on the window in the door. I would not recommend their ranges or ovens and in the future would most definitely choose GE or a different manufacturer.

I bought a new Frigidaire wall oven Jan 2015, made the last payment on it and then I used the self cleaner. After that the door keeps popping open. The steam vent is cracked and there is a crack above the door that has been there since we installed it. I have been waiting for over a month for a door latch and still nothing. The service people never call me back. I am getting very frustrated as I have to duct tape the door closed to the side of my cupboard in order for the door to stay shut!!! We were going to purchase another wall oven for my mother but after this experience will go with another brand. Very disappointed.

In July 2015 we purchased this freestanding gas range LGGF3043KFT. We are not new to stoves and cooking, having many years in the kitchen cooking and baking. We liked the 'Effortless Oven Rack System' that included a bottom rack that automatically pulls out when the door is opened. Turns out this is the worst rack in the oven. There are 'arms' that hold the rack to the bottom of the oven door and these arms have a tendency to fall off and fall under the bottom of the oven, a place where only a service tech can go for retrieval. We quit using the arms, but the rack is hard to pull out now, the brackets are still attached to the door so the ways you can use the bottom racks are limited. In short, a poor design not worth the extra money for the feature.

Additionally, the black cooktop is already losing paint and so are the grates - they are mostly silver now. The bottom drawer is very flimsy and difficult to remove or replace and doesn't hold much weight. Also, you need to be very careful when you stand close to the stove because the slightest pressure on the control knobs will release gas into the room. The extra dollars for control knobs on top of the stove would be a wise investment.

4 repairs in a little over 2 years! This last one is the compressor--very expensive, etc. Part has to be order while my food goes bad. Also fourth burner on stove never worked. Have to use a match! NEVER AGAIN!

Purchased a Frigidaire Gallery gas range, model FGGF3054MFJ in July 2015. Since the purchase date we have experienced, on several occasions, where the gas range top control knob had been inadvertently, slightly turned when reaching above the range to get something out of/or cleaning the microwave oven. This has also happened when getting something out of the cabinet above the range. Needless to say the rooms filled up with gas. Fortunately we have not been harmed (yet) by this faulty gas range.

We have discovered that our only recourse and solution to this problem is to remove all of the control knobs and only put them on when cooking and then remove them after all cooking is complete. Perhaps a consumer product liability suit is in order since I am not the only consumer to have experienced this problem and nothing has been done by Frigidaire to correct this problem...

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire's history stretches back to its founding in Indiana in 1916, when many of its most innovative "iceboxes" still used actual ice. It introduced the world's first 30-inch electric range in 1952.

• Frigidaire Fit Promise: Frigidaire guarantees that it can help buyers find a model to fit the space available in their kitchens.
  • Built-in options: Frigidaire offers one of the most extensive arrays of choices for buyers who want appliances that can be seamlessly integrated into countertops and cabinetry.
  • Coordinated design: Frigidaire maintains design unity across multiple product types, giving buyers many choices when they wish to maintain a consistent appearance for all of a household's appliances, including stoves.
  • Easy buying tools: Frigidaire's Appliance Selector allows buyers to quickly find the best choice for their needs.
  • Robust warranty support: Frigidaire makes it easy for buyers to schedule maintenance and receive warranty support online, through mail or with authorized local partner locations.
  • Best for Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves