Frigidaire Gas Ranges

Frigidaire Gas Ranges

3.9/5 (302 ratings)

About Frigidaire Gas Ranges

Frigidaire Gas Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Gas Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I cant say enough good things about this stove. It is AMAZING!!! The cost was around $700.00 something at the time. Other stoves w/ this stove features were $2500.00 and up. It has split racks. It has thermometer probe. Its convection and the burners are out of this WORLD!!! One burner has more power than our whole old lame duck stove (Kenmore). What I hate: well this black top is a nightmare and I'm not alone. Many hundreds of people say this. You'd think if you heard customers beg for a different top they'd make one but NO to this day if you want a stainless top you have to spend $3000.00. So smeary black top not good but function of stove is over the top!!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Starting from the bottom up, the storage drawer is large and can store extra lids and griddle. The oven is Self high heat cleaning, with a delayed cleaning option, and always does a great job. The oven preheats quickly, and efficiently, and has a large viewing window in the door. The stove top features a rapid boil burner which is totally amazing and I love it very much.

The stove top is easy to clean, and looks like brand new with just a little spray of vinegar water, after the soft scrub. I love that I can disassemble the burners to clean under them and put them back in place with ease. This stove was here when we bought our home, and frankly all the appliances are Frigidaire, and when I move in a few weeks, I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt I will be buying ALL Frigidaire appliances to be sure. This is the best stove (Professional Series Frigidaire - Self-Cleaning Freestanding Gas Range - Stainless steel) that I've ever had in my 52 years of marriage.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Stove has an issue with the stove top burners stopping working and the burners on the gas range aren't very well protected from cooking spills like other new models. The oven doesn't stay heated evenly at all. The stove knobs don't stay aligned properly with the gas level they release after about 2 years. Definitely need an update on these stoves that deals with these issues as well as the cheap plastic knobs. The vent for the oven is also not in the best of locations if you are cooking on the stove top while the oven is going, it heats up the pan handles because it vents the heat right at them. Definitely need to work on this brand's design!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

It all started when my counter top stove began showing signs of catastrophic failures. So after searching options on the internet. I found my new counter top stove on AMAZON. I placed my order with ease. And it arrived extremely well packaged. Preventing any damage by our "great" delivery services. Once it arrived. I was able to install it with minor counter mods. Since the counter is originally sized from 1957 sized stove tops. And updating & installing an electric junction box required now. Not required in 1957. After all said & done. I am very happy with my Frigidaire Gallery 5 Burner Stove. I do recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

This Frigidaire model is a gas range, 5 burner convection oven. Bakes evenly, has quick boil & simmer burners, oven pre-heats quickly and has duel self-cleaning features. One of the best features to me was that the top burners would continue to work if power went out. I researched many models and read many reviews before deciding on this Frigidaire model. I have had this range for almost a year without any issues. This was a replacement for a 3 year old Kenmore that was plagued with ignition issues. Every 6 months it needed to be repaired, which eventually became unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I purchased a gas range at Home Depot 6 months ago. After following the directions for cleaning the oven using the self clean mode, we noticed there were scratches on the inside of the glass of the oven. After doing some research on my own, I learned that the intense heat of the self clean cycle can sometimes cause the glass to shatter. If the self clean mode on the oven is unsafe to be used then it should not be recommended to be used by Frigidaire! Meanwhile, the manual of the unit says to not use any kind of spray cleaner to clean the oven so you are forced to use the self clean cycle (which by the way did a great job of cleaning the inside).

Customer service was contacted and I was told the new glass would be ordered that day. I was told it would take 7-10 business days to receive the new glass to be shipped directly to me. After 2 weeks, I did not receive the glass and I called customer service again. I was told that the glass had never been shipped and it would be taken care of and I would receive the glass in 2 or 3 business days. Meanwhile I can not use my oven for fear of the glass shattering and now I have to wait even longer. I was not initially given an email with a tracking number so there is no way to monitor when the glass will actually come. I can not schedule an appt for technician to come until after the glass is arrived, so waiting even longer after the glass finally comes. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have a Frigidaire gas range and while it looks beautiful and seems to cook pretty good, the knobs for the burners are EXTRA SENSITIVE! You barely brush up against them and they turn on the gas, not necessarily the burner. I have smelled gas numerous times only to discover that the knob was slightly turned where the gas was on and escaping! I've even been gone and come home to strong gas smell. Had to call the gas company because unbeknownst to me, I brushed by and slightly turned the gas on! I would think there would be a requirement to push the knob in and then turn it; if for other reason than safety. Thank goodness I live alone and there are no children in my home regularly, but sometimes my grandchildren visit. VERY DANGEROUS!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Purchased a Frigidaire Gallery oven 11/2018, recommended by appliance salesperson as reliable. Oven suddenly malfunctioned after less than three years only months after the extended warranty expired. Top burners work as well as broiler, indicating a problem within the appliance itself. Very difficult to get an appliance repair company to service this appliance, I am waiting to see if it can be fixed at all, or if it will need to be replaced with another appliance, from another manufacturer.

Original review: June 6, 2021

Bought a package that included a gas range, dishwasher, fridge, and microwave. Within the first year the dishwasher breaks. Part is not available immediately and we have to wait for 3 months for a replacement part. Just outside of warranty the oven breaks (problems with the electronic control panel) . We have been waiting three months already (and continuing) for a replacement part even though the website says it is available within 14 days. After calling Frigidaire they state that the part will not be available for another 1-2 months, which puts me out of an oven for almost half a year. 1) Their products don't last, and (2) their after sales service is pathetic. Do not buy Frigidaire.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Purchased this stove and quickly realized how dangerous it was! Gas knobs turn on with barely any touching! Have had numerous times when we smell gas and realize the knob has turned on gas! I have almost caught on fire several times when trying to put things in microwave above stove or bump when moving pots on stove! I have owned an Amana and GE gas stoves and never had a problem! Beware of this stove, not safe!!

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire's history stretches back to its founding in Indiana in 1916, when many of its most innovative "iceboxes" still used actual ice. It introduced the world's first 30-inch electric range in 1952.

• Frigidaire Fit Promise: Frigidaire guarantees that it can help buyers find a model to fit the space available in their kitchens.

• Built-in options: Frigidaire offers one of the most extensive arrays of choices for buyers who want appliances that can be seamlessly integrated into countertops and cabinetry.

• Coordinated design: Frigidaire maintains design unity across multiple product types, giving buyers many choices when they wish to maintain a consistent appearance for all of a household's appliances, including stoves.

• Easy buying tools: Frigidaire's Appliance Selector allows buyers to quickly find the best choice for their needs.

• Robust warranty support: Frigidaire makes it easy for buyers to schedule maintenance and receive warranty support online, through mail or with authorized local partner locations.

Frigidaire Gas Ranges Company Information