Frigidaire Gas Ranges
  • 1 star
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Frigidaire Gas Ranges

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

179 Frigidaire Gas Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Model # FGGF3035RWC - This stove is an accident waiting to happen. The knobs to turn on the burners are extremely sensitive - if you brush again them they turn on. You don't realize it until it’s been on for awhile and smell gas. This is a major flaw, the stove should be recalled. I have called Frigidaire but they insist this is the design of the stove and there nothing needs to be done. I am contemplating calling one of the Consumer shows to try to publicize this critical design flaw.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased a Crosley Gas stove 7 years ago. The stove was manufactured by Frigidaire. The grates which are porcelain wrapped are chipping off - more and more every day. I called the store I purchased it from to inquire if they are under warranty only to find out that they are not even made anymore. When I expressed my anger, I was told that the stove is basically made to be a throwaway. The rest of the stove works fine, it just looks terrible. I will never buy a Frigidaire product again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Bought this range LGGF3043k/ from Lowe's. Have had problems with the burners. Repair service came out because the burners would not igniting twice. Then oven took over 2 hours to heat and soon as it reaches 350 it starts cooling off and whatever you are cooking ruins. They replaced the element but now the thing is doing the very same thing. I checked and apparently it is on recall. I have repair service coming out again but I am going to be afraid the thing may blow up. After all it has been repaired for doing the very same thing and evidently it is not repaired.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

LESS THAN A YEAR ago we purchased a Frigidaire Professional Model FPGF3077QF gas range online to replace our old Frigidaire electric range/oven/microwave from the 1970s that finally quit working except on one burner. We figured Frigidaire made exceptional products. Not anymore, apparently. The Frigidaire Professional Series range was way more expensive than others, but we were sold by how it looked, and the fact that it did not have an electronic control panel, but knobs. The first thing we noticed when the range was delivered was how flimsy the bottom drawer was. It has never hung straight, and it is so thin and weak that you cannot use it to store even one pot. It is useless.

Despite the fact that we hardly used it, within a month or so the convection fan stopped working. A serviceman came out, took the range out from the wall, took it apart and replaced the fan. He also unsuccessfully tried to fix the flimsy, cockeyed lower drawer. It still hangs crooked. Within a short while, the convection fan stopped working again, even though we almost never use it. We are having it serviced again in a week.

The black stove top porcelain finish is already badly stained and NOTHING works to clean it. It looks like crap already - and the finish is not covered by the warranty. The burners themselves are not heavy-duty or even close to commercial quality. They are the same burners they use on the low end models. And if you accidentally turn the knob past the ignition stage, the gas will just continue to pour out. If you inadvertently walked away, your entire house could fill up with gas.

As for the knobs for the oven, they are just electronic controls, subject to the same problems as electronic panels. The knobs do not operate the oven mechanically like commercial ovens - which is disappointing as the oven control knobs were why we decided to pay the steep price for this overpriced range. Our biggest fear is that when the warranty runs out, the problems will continue.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I was wish I would've read reviews before purchasing this stove for my mother. I purchased the gas stove in January and in early August it burst into large flames while she was cooking. The flames quickly traveled to the front knobs. We have contacted the store and manufacture company with no luck as to a replacement or refund. Stay away from this product!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I was broiling some pork steaks in the oven and when I took them out and went to shut the broiler off It burned my finger. I looked close at the control panel and seen that it had melted! I asked my husband to come look at it and he too touched the control panel to try to make sure it was shut off and it burned his finger also!

The Stove is 3 years old and has always been very hot when in use. We have a 5 year warranty on it so my husband called and made an appointment for them to come check it out. They came the next day, checked the oven over and said they believed that the insulation fell therefore it was overheating and melting the control panel. How does that happen?

Last year one of the burners was acting up so I call and the warranty service came out and fixed that and I mentioned to him about the stove being very hot when in use and how it heated up the Kitchen to 20 to 30 degrees hotter than the other rooms in the house... Even company complained as to how hot it was in the kitchen. The serviceman took notes and said he would see to it that it got turned into the Office and would get back to us on what the verdict would be. Waiting for an answer and afraid to use my stove!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Moved to brand new house 2017 with new appliances and they are all Frigidaire. The GAS RANGE model ffgf3047lsj. It feels like it is very sensitive to everything. The electric sparks will be replaced by warranty. The stove doesn't cook, it burns. I love to cook and I have never had an issue like this with other gas ranges. I would never recommend this product to anyone who enjoys cooking.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

New home, appliances all Frigidaire Gallery, fairly new, looked great. Last night used the convection oven for the second time in 2 weeks, turned it off when done. Realized some hours later that, while the panel showed it off, it was still on! Not at 350 as I'd had it set, but the element and top rack were too hot to touch for more than a second. Very grateful to all the people who have posted about this problem, as I was able to turn it off at the breaker and leave it that way overnight in order to sleep without worrying about my house burning down. Now I'm thinking I should probably replace every last one of these Frigidaire Gallery appliances which, of course, was not in the budget. They're frightening and I will never trust any of them again after reading these comments. Having issues with the side-by-side fridge and the microwave, too.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We bought a Frigidaire Professional Freestanding Convection Stainless Gas Range model number FPGF3077QB because the electronic keypad on our old GE gas range eventually gave up the ghost. We picked this model because we wanted the minimum amount of electronic keypad features. The keypad on this model has two timers, interior light pad and clock feature only. In order to use either of the timers or the clock feature, you press the + or - area of the pad and the numbers are supposed to increment one at a time initially and then by larger degrees of 5 or ten later.

The increment features never worked as designed... Regardless where or how you pressed the + or - area, the device would not work correctly and after some seconds of climbing at increments of one or sometimes 5, eventually before you reached your target the device would time out and you would need to start over. Very annoying if you were trying to set a 120 minute timer, or to set the clock after a power failure. We have this keypad replace once under warranty but the replacement is no better than the first. That whole mechanism is junk and I use my microwave timer instead and the set the time of day on my microwave.

Another feature that I did not note when I bought the range is that there is no indicator giving you the temperature of the oven. A light shows when it is heating and another when it reaches temperature but there is no indication while heating or at temperature as to what the temperature really is. Something I just assumed that modern ranges would do. I will never buy another of these.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This stove is not worth the money, and it is dangerous! The knobs on this stove are so sensitive that if you lean against them the gas turns on and you may not realize it until it’s been on for awhile and smell gas. This is a major flaw, the stove should be recalled for that reason alone! We are so paranoid that we have to check the knob before we go to bed to assure the gas is not on. These knob are way too sensitive! Another thing is when the stove pilot comes on it sounds like a mini explosion. It also happens when it turns off. Last but not least, there is no border on the sides of the stove to keep food from falling in between the stove and the cabinets. Poor design. I wish I would have done my research before buying this stove.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

New appliances purchased 4/2013. Frigidaire Gallery FGGS3065KFH gas range front panel has started to melt. Absolutely no help from the company. Only choice was to replace the entire front panel at my expense, with no guarantee that it won't happen again. On top of that the icemaker in the refrigerator makes ice at its convenience. Most times I buy ice. First time experience with Frigidaire and last time.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I bought a stove during a remodel. Three years later it was red tagged by the gas company as emitting excessive amounts of carbon monoxide. It was probably emitting these gases for a while but the odor had gotten overwhelming and I had the gas company come out. Frigidaire is refusing to replace the stove even though I had all 3 of their repair people tell me over the phone the stove had to be trashed and is irreparable. The technicians wouldn't even come out because they knew they couldn't replace it. How can they charge so much for their products but can't stand behind their products. What has happened to customer service?!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

For a long time I thought it was something I was doing carelessly, but then I read all the complaints about the same problem. The slightest brush against the knob will turn it enough to activate gas to escape. The ignitor does not click. My daughter has a 20 year old GE gas range. No gas is released until the ignitor comes on. What in God's name is wrong with Frigidaire to let this fault go without a recall on a stove that was manufactured in recent years. I didn't think paying over $800 would give me such an inferior stove. What are they waiting for... a family to be wiped out after an explosion?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

This Frigidaire was manufactured by GM in 1977 or '78 and was obviously when integrity was foremost and greed was minimal. The double oven unit is still working well and I've only had one service call in 39 years to replace an element. The upper oven is self cleaning and still works well. Can't beat that!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

When you lean against the knobs the gas goes on. I called them and they do not offer child proof knobs. I went to the store within 30 days of purchasing and wanted another oven. The salesperson said he would have someone call me. They did after 60 days and said that the 60 day warranty expired. Really! I always loved Sears in the past however I will never purchase anything from them from now on. I have no Idea what I am going to do about getting child proof knobs for my oven.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

LGGF3043KFR gas range - I ordered this product and it did not last 4 years! State of Maine has law that states appliances should last minimum, 4 years with normal use. And I explained it to the lady but I could not get much assistance from the her at Frigidaire company. She suggested I call the state for the warranty! No more Frigidaire products for me. EXPENSIVE EXPERIENCE - ONE I WILL NOT REPEAT!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

DO NOT ever buy any Frigidaire product. Have a range 3 years old and recently replaced the board because the oven would not cut off. Used it one time since the repair and it would not cut off. Contacted Frigidaire after reading reviews about this being a major issue and they do not back their product! Claim they weren't aware this is an issue! Done with Frigidaire!!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

When using the broiler grease got in between the glass on the oven door. Called Sears and they sent out a new gasket. When serviceman arrived to replace gasket he said this is caused by the vent on the front of the door and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Range LGGF3044LWC Five Burner Gas Convection - Three years old. Front paint is peeling where air is vented from oven. Not covered by warranty. Looks like trash now in my new kitchen. No help from Frigidaire other than 50% off replacement parts when I pay for service call and repair. They said that even if it was in warranty they would not cover peeling paint. Also, as many bakers have complained about - this oven never browns your bakery. You basically have to broil the top to brown it. Frigidaire's ratings are ridiculously horrible. I wish I had read them first but trusted Lowe's to be selling a quality product. Would never buy Frigidaire product again.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Frigidaire Gas Range Model FGGF3054MB. I bought this range as Consumer Reports said it was a Best Buy. It's a scary range. If you lean against the control knob, it slightly moves so the gas comes on but no ignition sound so your home can fill with gas. I also had a problem shortly after I bought it with a mouse being able to get underneath the rangetop and it started a fire in the insulation. It was repaired and of course I had to pay for that because it was a mouse. Now, if I use the broiler and it gets too hot, it starts to smoke and the whole house reeks of smoke. I can't imagine what would happen if I tried to self clean the oven. I'm sure I would have a major fire. I truly wish I never bought this range!

Original review: May 17, 2017

My husband bought for me a Frigidaire Gas Stove for on February 14, 2017. Today May 17th, 2017, I have not being able to use the stove, the flames are too high on one burner and the rest of the burners they cannot be controlled, I contacted Frigidaire and they send 10 technicians so far, I cannot use the stove for safety issues!!! They have decided to change every piece on the stove and the problem still the same. I have requested for them to replace this one for another one but they refused to do it. I have taken 10 days off from work missing pay $$$!! I also had to pay out of my pocket a drop test. After all this done nothing solve.

I have explained to them my father lives with me and I must cook for him every day, and they just did not care!!! I have talk to supervisors over at headquarters, Melissa, Channel, Bracy and April. And none of them wants to find a solution. They just want to keep sending technicians. Total disaster!!! What a bad experience!! This has become a nightmare... Model # FPDS3085PF serial # AF61804708. I will appreciate if you can help!!

Original review: April 25, 2017

We bought a home with brand new Frigidaire appliances. Lucky right? NO! The gas stove is a ticking time bomb! There have been 2 incidents with the gas leaking out due to the knobs being very sensitive to bumping, turning and gas escaping without notice. I warmed something in the microwave and didn't realize I bumped one of the knobs, I then walked away and out of the house. Luckily I realized I forgot something and returned to the house 9 minutes later. I opens the front door and a wave of gas hit me like a wave. I quickly held my breath and went straight into the kitchen and heard a very very faint hiss coming from the stove. I got so angry that I opened windows like a mad man and quickly picked up the phone and called Freaking Frigidaire.

I was furious but I tried to keep my cool since the person I talked to was not at fault. She arranged a service call to the house since the range was still under warranty. In the event that Frigidaire doesn't do right by this, I will call the news media, Facebook, Tweet, Instagram, YouTube this to the world and explain that the company won't do right by not only fixing my issue, but recall all stoves for upgrade. But I'm not holding my breath. Keep your eyes and ears to the media, cause I don't play and I personally know a Federal judge that would love to press the issue as I would.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Took delivery of Frigidaire 30 inch gas range (self cleaning no convection) one week ago and after the first use, the grate showed a significant (for one use) wear/discoloration. You could clearly see where the coating had come off. Contacted Frigidaire/Electrolux and was told that this was considered "normal" wear and tear. We have had a gas range in the past and never saw the same "wear" even after 5 yrs. I am shocked and dismayed. I was really looking forward to many years of enjoyment and now it is tarnished. Shocked that this multinational company places such a low level of worth on customer satisfaction.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Frigidaire Gas Range - Model BGGF3045RFC. DON'T BUY THIS STOVE OR BRAND!! The knobs and igniters turn freely without warning causing gas to escape from the burners without you even knowing. I have been woken up many nights with the smell of gas in my home. By just brushing up against or leaning on the knobs they turn at least 3/4" before the ticking warning for the "LITE" begins. When calling Frigidaire and speaking with customer service, supervisors from customer service and the corporate liaison to the CEO they all read a "scripted" so sorry there are no issues with this stove.

They seriously have no concern for the well being of my family and home and it is a "FATAL" accident waiting to happen. I have everything documented and I will bring this to the next level. Anyway - do not buy this stove or any of the stoves they offer that do not require you to push the knob before turning, it is not safe. I am disappointed in this company and stove especially because I purchased a Frigidaire because I had one for many years and was happy with it. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Original review: March 24, 2017

Frigidaire model FPGF3685LSA - Do not purchase Frigidaire Gas Ranges. The motherboard replaced by warranty several times. Bought in 2014. Warranty only good for one year a waste of my $992.94. Now spending $200-$300 for ignition system for oven plus broiler ignition, plus unknown labor cost. Buyer beware! Do not purchase Frigidaire products. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I like my Range and the fact that it is not all black. The white or almond top is much easier to clean and the dirt shows so much better. The backsplash is black and I would prefer it to be stainless steel or white enamel. I don't want a range with all the special bells and whistles, it is just more difficult to keep clean. I presently have a gas range and prefer it to the glass top ranges. It is easier to control the temperature when cooking.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I bought a whole houseful of appliances and unlike every other appliance that I purchased this is the only one that was really worth it! It is the only one that does what it is supposed to do and was reasonably priced.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Oven heats up in average amount of time, but always have to bake/roast much longer than recipe states. The "quick bake" seems to make no difference timewise and just makes food drier. Oven won't go below 250. Burners rarely light on 1st attempt and lowest level at times isn't low enough - food can burn.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

We bought our Gas Stove (Frigidaire) Model LGGF3043KF back in September of 2015. I love the stove as far as performance but very unsatisfied with the cooktop of the stove as I cannot get it clean. I have tried everything they have suggested and nothing works. It leaves a white film on the top of the stove and it actually looks like the paint is breaking down. I called Frigidaire and they were no help at all. They said it was cosmetic and not covered. I was told that it is probably water spots and would need to buy a cleaner called Cerama Bryte. I told them I already bought and tried that and it didn't work. They came back with you bought the one for grease not water spots and I would have to pay $5.99 plus $7.00 shipping. What a bunch of crap. I will never purchase another item from this manufacturer again!!!! Lesson learned.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

It is a cheaply made range, supposed to be self cleaning oven that just doesn't clean. Stainless steel but very difficult to shine the outside. Purchased because the sizes of the Microwave and refrigerator were the right size to fit the room we had in the kitchen. Not happy with any of the 3 Frigidaire appliances we purchased.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire's history stretches back to its founding in Indiana in 1916, when many of its most innovative "iceboxes" still used actual ice. It introduced the world's first 30-inch electric range in 1952.

• Frigidaire Fit Promise: Frigidaire guarantees that it can help buyers find a model to fit the space available in their kitchens.

• Built-in options: Frigidaire offers one of the most extensive arrays of choices for buyers who want appliances that can be seamlessly integrated into countertops and cabinetry.

• Coordinated design: Frigidaire maintains design unity across multiple product types, giving buyers many choices when they wish to maintain a consistent appearance for all of a household's appliances, including stoves.

• Easy buying tools: Frigidaire's Appliance Selector allows buyers to quickly find the best choice for their needs.

• Robust warranty support: Frigidaire makes it easy for buyers to schedule maintenance and receive warranty support online, through mail or with authorized local partner locations.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs