Frigidaire Gas Ranges

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When you lean against the knobs the gas goes on. I called them and they do not offer child proof knobs. I went to the store within 30 days of purchasing and wanted another oven. The salesperson said he would have someone call me. They did after 60 days and said that the 60 day warranty expired. Really! I always loved Sears in the past however I will never purchase anything from them from now on. I have no Idea what I am going to do about getting child proof knobs for my oven.

LGGF3043KFR gas range - I ordered this product and it did not last 4 years! State of Maine has law that states appliances should last minimum, 4 years with normal use. And I explained it to the lady but I could not get much assistance from the her at Frigidaire company. She suggested I call the state for the warranty! No more Frigidaire products for me. EXPENSIVE EXPERIENCE - ONE I WILL NOT REPEAT!

DO NOT ever buy any Frigidaire product. Have a range 3 years old and recently replaced the board because the oven would not cut off. Used it one time since the repair and it would not cut off. Contacted Frigidaire after reading reviews about this being a major issue and they do not back their product! Claim they weren't aware this is an issue! Done with Frigidaire!!!

When using the broiler grease got in between the glass on the oven door. Called Sears and they sent out a new gasket. When serviceman arrived to replace gasket he said this is caused by the vent on the front of the door and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Range LGGF3044LWC Five Burner Gas Convection - Three years old. Front paint is peeling where air is vented from oven. Not covered by warranty. Looks like trash now in my new kitchen. No help from Frigidaire other than 50% off replacement parts when I pay for service call and repair. They said that even if it was in warranty they would not cover peeling paint. Also, as many bakers have complained about - this oven never browns your bakery. You basically have to broil the top to brown it. Frigidaire's ratings are ridiculously horrible. I wish I had read them first but trusted Lowe's to be selling a quality product. Would never buy Frigidaire product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Frigidaire Gas Range Model FGGF3054MB. I bought this range as Consumer Reports said it was a Best Buy. It's a scary range. If you lean against the control knob, it slightly moves so the gas comes on but no ignition sound so your home can fill with gas. I also had a problem shortly after I bought it with a mouse being able to get underneath the rangetop and it started a fire in the insulation. It was repaired and of course I had to pay for that because it was a mouse. Now, if I use the broiler and it gets too hot, it starts to smoke and the whole house reeks of smoke. I can't imagine what would happen if I tried to self clean the oven. I'm sure I would have a major fire. I truly wish I never bought this range!

My husband bought for me a Frigidaire Gas Stove for on February 14, 2017. Today May 17th, 2017, I have not being able to use the stove, the flames are too high on one burner and the rest of the burners they cannot be controlled, I contacted Frigidaire and they send 10 technicians so far, I cannot use the stove for safety issues!!! They have decided to change every piece on the stove and the problem still the same. I have requested for them to replace this one for another one but they refused to do it. I have taken 10 days off from work missing pay $$$!! I also had to pay out of my pocket a drop test. After all this done nothing solve.

I have explained to them my father lives with me and I must cook for him every day, and they just did not care!!! I have talk to supervisors over at headquarters, Melissa, Channel, Bracy and April. And none of them wants to find a solution. They just want to keep sending technicians. Total disaster!!! What a bad experience!! This has become a nightmare... Model # FPDS3085PF serial # AF61804708. I will appreciate if you can help!!

We bought a home with brand new Frigidaire appliances. Lucky right? NO! The gas stove is a ticking time bomb! There have been 2 incidents with the gas leaking out due to the knobs being very sensitive to bumping, turning and gas escaping without notice. I warmed something in the microwave and didn't realize I bumped one of the knobs, I then walked away and out of the house. Luckily I realized I forgot something and returned to the house 9 minutes later. I opens the front door and a wave of gas hit me like a wave. I quickly held my breath and went straight into the kitchen and heard a very very faint hiss coming from the stove. I got so angry that I opened windows like a mad man and quickly picked up the phone and called Freaking Frigidaire.

I was furious but I tried to keep my cool since the person I talked to was not at fault. She arranged a service call to the house since the range was still under warranty. In the event that Frigidaire doesn't do right by this, I will call the news media, Facebook, Tweet, Instagram, YouTube this to the world and explain that the company won't do right by not only fixing my issue, but recall all stoves for upgrade. But I'm not holding my breath. Keep your eyes and ears to the media, cause I don't play and I personally know a Federal judge that would love to press the issue as I would.

Took delivery of Frigidaire 30 inch gas range (self cleaning no convection) one week ago and after the first use, the grate showed a significant (for one use) wear/discoloration. You could clearly see where the coating had come off. Contacted Frigidaire/Electrolux and was told that this was considered "normal" wear and tear. We have had a gas range in the past and never saw the same "wear" even after 5 yrs. I am shocked and dismayed. I was really looking forward to many years of enjoyment and now it is tarnished. Shocked that this multinational company places such a low level of worth on customer satisfaction.

Frigidaire Gas Range - Model BGGF3045RFC. DON'T BUY THIS STOVE OR BRAND!! The knobs and igniters turn freely without warning causing gas to escape from the burners without you even knowing. I have been woken up many nights with the smell of gas in my home. By just brushing up against or leaning on the knobs they turn at least 3/4" before the ticking warning for the "LITE" begins. When calling Frigidaire and speaking with customer service, supervisors from customer service and the corporate liaison to the CEO they all read a "scripted" so sorry there are no issues with this stove.

They seriously have no concern for the well being of my family and home and it is a "FATAL" accident waiting to happen. I have everything documented and I will bring this to the next level. Anyway - do not buy this stove or any of the stoves they offer that do not require you to push the knob before turning, it is not safe. I am disappointed in this company and stove especially because I purchased a Frigidaire because I had one for many years and was happy with it. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Frigidaire model FPGF3685LSA - Do not purchase Frigidaire Gas Ranges. The motherboard replaced by warranty several times. Bought in 2014. Warranty only good for one year a waste of my $992.94. Now spending $200-$300 for ignition system for oven plus broiler ignition, plus unknown labor cost. Buyer beware! Do not purchase Frigidaire products. Thank you.

I like my Range and the fact that it is not all black. The white or almond top is much easier to clean and the dirt shows so much better. The backsplash is black and I would prefer it to be stainless steel or white enamel. I don't want a range with all the special bells and whistles, it is just more difficult to keep clean. I presently have a gas range and prefer it to the glass top ranges. It is easier to control the temperature when cooking.

I bought a whole houseful of appliances and unlike every other appliance that I purchased this is the only one that was really worth it! It is the only one that does what it is supposed to do and was reasonably priced.

Oven heats up in average amount of time, but always have to bake/roast much longer than recipe states. The "quick bake" seems to make no difference timewise and just makes food drier. Oven won't go below 250. Burners rarely light on 1st attempt and lowest level at times isn't low enough - food can burn.

We bought our Gas Stove (Frigidaire) Model LGGF3043KF back in September of 2015. I love the stove as far as performance but very unsatisfied with the cooktop of the stove as I cannot get it clean. I have tried everything they have suggested and nothing works. It leaves a white film on the top of the stove and it actually looks like the paint is breaking down. I called Frigidaire and they were no help at all. They said it was cosmetic and not covered. I was told that it is probably water spots and would need to buy a cleaner called Cerama Bryte. I told them I already bought and tried that and it didn't work. They came back with you bought the one for grease not water spots and I would have to pay $5.99 plus $7.00 shipping. What a bunch of crap. I will never purchase another item from this manufacturer again!!!! Lesson learned.

It is a cheaply made range, supposed to be self cleaning oven that just doesn't clean. Stainless steel but very difficult to shine the outside. Purchased because the sizes of the Microwave and refrigerator were the right size to fit the room we had in the kitchen. Not happy with any of the 3 Frigidaire appliances we purchased.

Frigidaire Professional Dual-Fuel Range (Gas Cooktop & Electric Oven). Model FPD83085PFB -- Purchased Fall 2014; installed Summer 2015. This is an extremely unsafe range because it allows gas to flow without igniting. This can occur when you set the burner on low and the flame goes out, which happened frequently. The gas continues to flow, and the igniters do not fire. It can also happen when one of the forward-facing knobs is accidentally nudged. The knobs are very easily nudged if, for example, you lean back against the stove (when it's off) and your bottom slightly presses on a knob. The gas will begin to flow, but the igniters do not fire. It can also happen if you turn the knob past the "Lite" position. In this case, gas flows strongly, but the igniters do not fire. (This case is less likely to cause an accident because you would usually just adjust the knob to "Off" or "Lite").

I cannot believe these ranges haven't been recalled because of this danger. In addition, the stove is a terrible performer. The burners are easily disturbed by slight air movement and are not as hot as they should be for the diameter of the burner. The knobs are sticky on turning and the burners don't increase/decrease smoothly. This review is based on a year's use by two adults who have years of experience cooking on gas ranges. There are no children in our household, so we gave the range a year trial. After multiple occasions when the first two types of failures occurred, we've finally decided that a single case where we didn't catch the failure promptly could result in injury, death or destruction of our home by fire. We are removing this range and replacing it with one that doesn't present such grave risks.

We had a Frigidaire gas stove/oven model: fgf337asa of which the oven turned on by itself. We have 2 toddlers that we were putting down for naps when the smoke alarm went off. I grabbed the fire extinguisher and went to extinguish the flames but noticed that the gas burners for the oven were lit at full power. The controls all stated that the oven was still off. I turned the oven on then off and the flames went out. I blamed my wife and she blamed me as the possibility of an oven turning on by itself seemed impossible to us.

Approx. 6 months later we were sleeping over at the parents' place for a week and my tenant calls me stating there's a fire upstairs and the fire department is on the way. It was the oven! It turned on by itself. This time we knew as no one had been home for 3 days, unless a burglar broke in, turned on the oven and fled without causing any b/e damage and without taking anything. We called Frigidaire and advised them of the danger concerning their oven and they advised that since the oven is outside of its warranty and "near or at the end of its useful life". We're in the hole for a new stove plus $2500 for a restoration company for the smoke damage. I am just glad that my kids weren't sleeping upstairs!!! SO IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS as in my opinion, Frigidaire seems think that it is okay a stove/oven past its useful life to ignite onto maximum mode spontaneously. Cheers, Shocked and unsatisfied, ex-customer.

The Frigidaire Range is not quite 1 year old. It is black with a stainless steel control panel so it is very attractive. The only thing I don't like is it is not a self-cleaning oven. I didn't purchase it myself but my landlady did. I am happy with her purchase.

My stove/range is gas... Overall I like it. Love the gas stove. No waiting on it to beat up instant heat. But as for the oven part it takes good while to heat up and if say your cooking a frozen pizza that says 11 to 13 mins to cook... Usually takes about 15 mins to cook. Not bad bout when you smelling pizza 2 more mins is a long time.

I am very pleased with the price of my range. To start with the price was awesome. Then there's the looks, can't go wrong with a nice black range. And then there is the five burners, helped out a lot on Thanksgiving. The oven is big enough to fit a 23lbs. Turkey plus a 11 lbs ham bean hot dish and sweet potatoes all at the same time!!

Frigidaire Gas Range model# LGGF3043KFT. I thought I was buying one of the top of the line ranges. Trouble from the start. Front right burner will burn someone to death one day. Its flame shoots out way too high. Had it adjusted twice by a service man and was finally told, "That's the way it's made". The knobs turn on if you slightly push against them (when I’m reaching above my stove to the microwave). Very much a hazard and lastly the oven bottom door is not closing straight. It bulges out in one corner. They refuse to fix it under my warranty stating it was "cosmetic". Not what they use to be... Sad. Really surprised they haven't been sued yet on safety issues.

So the propane company tested the gas pressure in the line to the oven. It wouldn't hold pressure so they disconnected and plugged the line and it held pressure. They reattached to the stove and it wouldn't hold pressure. No cooking or more propane until the leak is fixed. Frigidaire says all gas appliances leak to a small degree. The propane company can't refill the tank due to laws to protect me. Now, I have a $1000 stainless steel paperweight in my kitchen. I can't use it at all. Both the propane company (bound by law) and the appliance company (bound by money) are leaving my family out in the cold. How can they do this? The repair company didn't take anything apart just passed this magic marker looking thing over the burners and in the oven - no leaks. You're on your own. What am I to do?

FRIGIDAIRE GAS RANGE Model No. FPGF3077QF - Very pleased with every feature of this range, except for the bottom drawer, which looks nice in the brochure photos, but which is a complete piece of crap. This range is one of the most expensive in its class, and I expected something a little heavy duty. But the bottom drawer is cheaply made, Never quite slides or closes like it is supposed to, and with any use will break for sure. This would be a wonderful range if Frigidaire improves the bottom drawer. As it is, you cannot use it to store anything.

I bought this stove, Frigidaire gas range, model BGGF3045RFA, a year ago and just got around to installing after finishing remodeling of my kitchen. On the first day of use, my 2-year old grandson slightly turned one of the gas control knobs on the front of the range turning the gas on to the burner, but not igniting it. I started to smell gas and went to investigate and found the knob was slightly ajar. Then, later in the same day, my wife used the overhead microwave and bumped one of the gas control knobs just enough to turn the gas on. Again, she didn't notice until I smelled gas in the living room. This is very scary. I will be calling Frigidaire, but others seem to have already and have had not resolve. I immediately went to Home Depot and bought child-proof knob covers. Hopefully this will prevent mistaken knob turning. Frigidaire needs to fix or recall these stoves.

I want people to know that this product is junk! I've had this cooktop range for a few years and it has shattered twice. Luckily, the first time was under warranty and the repairman said I was lucky because it costs a fortune to replace if not covered under a warranty. I thought it must have been a fluke, but now it's happened again for no rhyme or reason. I was just cooking and a big pop which shattered the whole cooktop. I will never, ever buy a product of theirs again. Buyers beware. Also, even under warranty, I had to pay $100 for his services.

Gas Range is very unsafe. Knobs are on front of stove and are easily bumped and turned on. Most times I catch it but the other day I left for work at 6:30 am and my teenage son woke up at noon to a house full of natural gas. Very scary. I will be calling Frigidaire and filing a complaint. I see others have had the same issue with no resolve. I will be taking knobs off the front and only put on when I am using the stove. Thank goodness nothing horrible happened but I could have lost my son, my dog and my entire house. Shame on Frigidaire for not resolving this very dangerous issue which they have been made aware of for years. Wish I would have seen these reviews prior to making my decision to buy this stove. I did a lot of research and never saw the negatives - only the positives. This negative would have definitely made me buy another brand.

We bought the Frigidaire Gallery 30" freestanding smooth cook top, full touch panel range (FGEF3056KF) back in March of 2010. We just had the touch panel replaced for the FOURTH time, this time along with other components due to them melting together after it arched, in total over $700 in repairs this time. But without fail the touch panel has shorted out ever 14-18 months! This last time being the worst with the arching and melting. Seriously scared to have this thing in my home!

The first two repairs were done under our Best Buy warranty, and the last two have been done under the extended warranty we bought through Frigidaire (best $190 ever spent!!!), thankfully this warranty will go until mid 2018, during which this panel should short out again, and since that will be the third time under 'this' warranty they 'might' just replace the whole unit!!! We paid right around $1100 for this unit in 2010, and thankfully warranties have paid over $2000 in repairs in the past 6 years... DO NOT BUY this range... But if you must, get the warranty!!! And always stay near it when running... Maybe even flip the circuit at night and when you're not home!!!

I specifically bought this gas convection oven with a baking drawer to have gas stove and a secondary stove drawer for baking additional items from the convection main oven. THIS OVEN IS NOT SAFE, DO NOT BUY!! 1. The gas controls are easily turned on/open gas to your house by slightly bumping into them, since they are located in the front and not more resistant to a controlled intentional "turn on." 2. It vents the extremely hot air from the oven into the house from a vent just below the controls on the back of the oven, if not careful while using the oven, you can be burned.

I called Frigidaire to make sure the installers did not miss some venting for the oven and they told me know, it was specifically designed that way, basically there is nothing you can do. I have a very good vent hood on top of the stove, but it cannot take out all the 400 degree heated air coming out. Very bad design!! FRIGIDAIRE SHOULD RECALL THIS OVEN AND REPLACE, SOMEONE'S HOUSE WILL BURN DOWN FROM THIS AND/OR SUFFER A SEVERE BURN.

I purchased this appliance approximately 6 mos ago and have had nothing but grief. I was always smelling gas so I had the gas company come out to check it and they found a crack in the pipe that leads into the back of the stove so I was brought a new stove and a gas odor was still prevalent. I finally called an outside plumber and I was shown where the gas was leaking so I had that fixed from my own pocket. Well, lo and behold, now the oven doesn't light and I am told by the electrician that the ignition is not working and they have to order me another one! 2 weeks without an oven! Should have saved my money.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire's history stretches back to its founding in Indiana in 1916, when many of its most innovative "iceboxes" still used actual ice. It introduced the world's first 30-inch electric range in 1952.

• Frigidaire Fit Promise: Frigidaire guarantees that it can help buyers find a model to fit the space available in their kitchens.
  • Built-in options: Frigidaire offers one of the most extensive arrays of choices for buyers who want appliances that can be seamlessly integrated into countertops and cabinetry.
  • Coordinated design: Frigidaire maintains design unity across multiple product types, giving buyers many choices when they wish to maintain a consistent appearance for all of a household's appliances, including stoves.
  • Easy buying tools: Frigidaire's Appliance Selector allows buyers to quickly find the best choice for their needs.
  • Robust warranty support: Frigidaire makes it easy for buyers to schedule maintenance and receive warranty support online, through mail or with authorized local partner locations.
  • Best for Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves