Frigidaire Gas Ranges

Frigidaire Gas Ranges

3.4/5 (97 ratings)

About Frigidaire Gas Ranges

Frigidaire Gas Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Gas Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 30, 2022

I've have had my gas stove since June 2018, I haven't had any problems with any part of the stove. The flame can be adjusted by turning the round thing on the top of the burner, you don't have to turn it very much, but I have adjusted mine several times. Everything works great and I would purchase another one. The self cleaning oven works great, the oven cooks great and the knobs aren't plastic. They are chrome.

Original review: March 17, 2022

Purchased 36 inch Frigidaire gas cooktop. Gas supplier attempted to install and traced gas leak to the cooktop. Five calls to Frigidaire to send a factory tech to come to my house to make repair. Each call Frigidaire had no record of my previous calls. Promised contact with a date to repair THREE times within 24 hours and still no contact over the past 3 days. Never again Frigidaire.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

Updated on 04/09/2022: In October of 2019 I purchased a slide in Gallery Gas Range, it was delivered a month later. It worked perfectly until the spring of 2021. At that time, the range started randomly beeping/chirping, and the error code F011 would show. The oven timer would randomly turn itself on as well as the oven light, and it also turned the oven on and locked the door. I contacted Frigidaire, and they provided a temporary extended warranty so that a repairman could be sent out. That was the first of what now is 5 repair companies, as the 5th is scheduled for later in April 2022.

The first company replaced the control board, that resolved the issue for less than a month. So I contacted Frigidaire again, another company came out and checked the oven then stated that since it wasn't beeping/chirping and there was no error code at that time there wasn't anything they could do. The next repair company came out, determined it was the control panel and ordered one. They never came back out and I got tired of trying to chase them down. They didn't return phone calls and did not have email. When he finally got back to me, Frigidaire had already scheduled a different company. The fourth company came out in December of 2021, replaced the control panel and that lasted until mid-February when the beeping/chirping started again.

Once again I contacted Frigidaire, and they scheduled an appointment with the 4th company. He didn't show up for the appointment but called. After letting him know that the beeping/chirping started again, he stated he would order another control panel. That was the 4th of March, since then neither myself or Frigidaire has been able to reach the company. They don't return phone calls and don't answer the phone. That is when Frigidaire set up the 5th company, a company that is 3 hours away. I reached out to the company to confirm the appointment, no answer or call back and no response from email.

I went back to Frigidaire and was told there are only 3 authorized repair companies in my area, apparently in the year I have been dealing with this the number of companies has dwindled. So they set the appointment with the only one left. I contacted the company, again to confirm the appointment and found out that their company policy is if another company has already worked on the appliance, they will not as they got tired of cleaning up other companies' messes. So back to Frigidaire I went. The customer service person on the chat stated that they would escalate the issue to see if there were any other repair options. The next day I received a text message from one of the companies that has already looked at the range to confirm my appointment later in April, but due to the lack of beeping/chirping or an error code left without doing anything but checking the oven. The oven was never the problem.

At this point I don't think this issue will ever be resolved and that I will end up having to just replace the range. I contacted the Extended Warranty department to express my concerns and find out what my options are. They responded promptly, but from their response I realized that nothing is going to happen. They word the extended warranty so that the customer never gets a replacement or compensation to off-set the cost of replacing the appliance. This stove when purchased was over $1000.00, and not something I thought I would need to replace two and half years later. It seems to me that Frigidaire and all major appliance manufacturers need to better vet the repair companies they contract with for both warranty and extended warranty service.

The repairman need to be up-to-date with their training on the appliances they are contracted to work on. My issue after much research seems to be more electrical as something is shorting out the control panels causing the beeping/chirping and the fact that functions are randomly turning themselves on with no one near the range. All I want is a range that works the way it is suppose to work. One that I am not afraid to leave plugged in as I only plug it in when I am using it due to the fact that I am afraid it will turn the oven on when I am at work and cause a fire or gas explosion.

Original Review: I purchased my Frigidaire Gallery Freestanding gas range in October 2019. I waited a month for it to be delivered. It worked great until April 2020. Then the beeping started. The timer and oven light would come on by itself at all hours of the day and night. The control board has been replaced two times and 4 different repairman have been here on repair calls. After the last control board was replaced in December 2021 I thought the problem was resolved. Last weekend, it started again. Needless to say I unplugged the range and haven't used it in a week.

The repairman is scheduled to come out on March 4th. My fear is if the light and timer can turn themselves on, can it also turn on the oven by itself? Per Frigidaire before they will replace an appliance the same part has to be replaced 3 times under the extended warranty. Although I really don't think they will. At this point I am ready to put the stove out by the street for the garbage men and eat the 1200.00 I paid for it. Do Not buy this stove, the control panel is a known issue. If I could upload pictures I would.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

When we bought our home in 2019, a 2018 Frigidaire Professional gas range was included. It is nice to look at, but that is the only positive thing I have to report. In 2019, it was about 8 months old. Within a year. we had episodes where the oven didn't heat up, at all. Trying again the next day usually worked out. The temperature control knob for the oven mode is hair-trigger sensitive. It usually works, but how inconvenient when it doesn't! On several occasions we've have to switch cooking to stovetop or microwave. Power preheat does nothing at all. Then, the beeps. There are supposed to be two: one when you turn the oven on to preheat, a second when it is ready. For a year now, we've been getting 13 beeps each time.

The other day, the oven didn't work again. The beeps were reduced to one or two. On at least four occasions, we've had service people check it out and replace parts. One issue would be resolved only to have another crop up. Even though it is not even four years old, we're ready to junk it. It wouldn't even be fair to donate such an unpredictable appliance. It just seems like the controls and electronics were fried, from day one.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

We bought a Frigidaire gas range for our new home. I bought it. Nothing was said to me that this was not childproof. Now I have a gas stove that every time you barely bump up against it the knobs turn, and the gas is leaking. I can barely touch the knobs and they turn on. This is very dangerous. I was in my kitchen, and someone knocked on the door. I barely hit the knob as I was going to the door. I was talking to the person at my door and the next thing I knew my house was full of gas. I had not even until then realized that I must have hit the knob. If you have a child, be careful. I will never buy Frigidaire products again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

When our oven is turned on, even on low heat, the knobs get hot enough to BURN you! There is a vent at the back of the stove where the burners are and another one right below the knobs for the burners! POOR DESIGN!!! Frigidaire Gallery products used to be the best! NOT ANYMORE! I will not purchase this brand again. We bought brand new stove, frig, dishwasher and microwave for our new home. Frig ice maker broke in less than 6 months. This brand is a POS.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I went to Home Depot to purchase a free standing gas range, went with the Frigidaire Gallery which has 4.8 stars review from 2k+ people. Got it hooked it up and the oven does not work, sorry it got up to 350 once; only took 4 hrs to do it. Wanted to send it back to Home Depot... NO RETURNS AFTER 48 HRS. WHAT??? I have two small children and teach 10 hr days, my wife is a nurse dealing with a pandemic and dumb people and now we have this to deal with? It was the fifth day of having the piece of **!!!! They can send a repairman out in 7 more days! Something tells me I'll somehow get a charge for this also.

You need a lawyer to read through a contract no a days! So for my family and I, we have to get take out or perfect cooking strictly on the stovetop. What a ** joke!!!!! Do not buy this range !!!! Do not buy from Home Depot!!! If I could choose zero stars. I would but not an option! I hope you all read and share this! Big companies have to be held responsible for their lack of common sense. Why would I want to keep a range that does not work and is brand new! Anyone what to buy my new boat anchor please look me up in Maple Grove, MN.

Kurt

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I purchased a gas range at Home Depot 6 months ago. After following the directions for cleaning the oven using the self clean mode, we noticed there were scratches on the inside of the glass of the oven. After doing some research on my own, I learned that the intense heat of the self clean cycle can sometimes cause the glass to shatter. If the self clean mode on the oven is unsafe to be used then it should not be recommended to be used by Frigidaire! Meanwhile, the manual of the unit says to not use any kind of spray cleaner to clean the oven so you are forced to use the self clean cycle (which by the way did a great job of cleaning the inside).

Customer service was contacted and I was told the new glass would be ordered that day. I was told it would take 7-10 business days to receive the new glass to be shipped directly to me. After 2 weeks, I did not receive the glass and I called customer service again. I was told that the glass had never been shipped and it would be taken care of and I would receive the glass in 2 or 3 business days. Meanwhile I can not use my oven for fear of the glass shattering and now I have to wait even longer. I was not initially given an email with a tracking number so there is no way to monitor when the glass will actually come. I can not schedule an appt for technician to come until after the glass is arrived, so waiting even longer after the glass finally comes. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have a Frigidaire gas range and while it looks beautiful and seems to cook pretty good, the knobs for the burners are EXTRA SENSITIVE! You barely brush up against them and they turn on the gas, not necessarily the burner. I have smelled gas numerous times only to discover that the knob was slightly turned where the gas was on and escaping! I've even been gone and come home to strong gas smell. Had to call the gas company because unbeknownst to me, I brushed by and slightly turned the gas on! I would think there would be a requirement to push the knob in and then turn it; if for other reason than safety. Thank goodness I live alone and there are no children in my home regularly, but sometimes my grandchildren visit. VERY DANGEROUS!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Purchased a Frigidaire Gallery oven 11/2018, recommended by appliance salesperson as reliable. Oven suddenly malfunctioned after less than three years only months after the extended warranty expired. Top burners work as well as broiler, indicating a problem within the appliance itself. Very difficult to get an appliance repair company to service this appliance, I am waiting to see if it can be fixed at all, or if it will need to be replaced with another appliance, from another manufacturer.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Frigidaire's history stretches back to its founding in Indiana in 1916, when many of its most innovative "iceboxes" still used actual ice. It introduced the world's first 30-inch electric range in 1952.

• Frigidaire Fit Promise: Frigidaire guarantees that it can help buyers find a model to fit the space available in their kitchens.

• Built-in options: Frigidaire offers one of the most extensive arrays of choices for buyers who want appliances that can be seamlessly integrated into countertops and cabinetry.

• Coordinated design: Frigidaire maintains design unity across multiple product types, giving buyers many choices when they wish to maintain a consistent appearance for all of a household's appliances, including stoves.

• Easy buying tools: Frigidaire's Appliance Selector allows buyers to quickly find the best choice for their needs.

• Robust warranty support: Frigidaire makes it easy for buyers to schedule maintenance and receive warranty support online, through mail or with authorized local partner locations.

Frigidaire Gas Ranges Company Information