Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

208 Frigidaire Gas Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

Frigidaire stove model number CFEF3018LMB was my purchase. After 9 years my husband turned it in and the wiring in the back of the stove caught on fire. This was not due to improper maintenance or a cleaning issue. This was due to poor quality in the wiring. My husband was able to put out the fire but I shudder to think what might have happened if he was in a different part of the house. Frigidaire customer service was all talk. They will not stand behind their product. I don’t think a stove should ever catch on fire so stay away from Frigidaire. Not worth a burnt down house.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

About 4 months after purchasing the 30 inch gas range one of the 3 grates broke in a corner and I called Frigidaire since it has a 1 year warranty and they refused to cover the grate. I had to pay about $135.00 to get a new one. I told the customer service department that I had a brand new home with 5 Frigidaire appliances, but it made no difference - I had to pay to get a new grate. I will never buy another Frigidaire. Also an LED bulb went in the new Freezer/Refrigerator after about 8 months and they would not warranty that either and that cost another $50.00 as it is a special LED bulb.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Three times we have accidentally turned on the gas knobs by brushing against them. There are other comments on this blog with the same problem. I called the company and they stated that we should buy child proof knob covers. We have no children and do not need the knob covers to protect us from their engineering mistake. I am very afraid that if it has not happened yet it will eventually cause loss of life.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Shortly after 1 year warranty expired we noticed labels on back panel were coming off. Have never used abrasive product to clean this. Contacted customer service but they will not do anything even though this an obvious OEM defect. Burners do not cook evenly also, hotter on one side than other. Expect that sometimes things will go wrong but I do expect manufacturer to stand behind their products. Will never buy Frigidaire product again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I bought this Kenmore 30 inch slide in gas range model 790-32673610 in October 2018, it was installed on Oct. 25,2018 shortly after I started feeling unwell which continued to get worse. Lucky for me I didn't use the oven very often. Finally after several hours of use Christmas week I was barely able to get out of bed. On December 27, 2018 I called the gas company. They came and detected that this range was causing over 500ppm of carbon monoxide into the air every time the oven was on. The gas company Red Flagged this 2 month old range and told me not to use it. Someone had to take me to the doctor, who flat out told me if I had of used that oven more often or for a longer period of time I would have been dead.

I called Sears immediately who has done nothing but give me the run around because I did not buy a separate protection policy when I bought the stove and it's over 30 days since date of purchase it's all up to the manufacturer's warranty who just happens to be Frigidaire. Their warranty is pretty much nothing, I just don't believe that this appliance can be repaired to be made safe. I can't use the range and still owe a very big bill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We purchased a Frigidaire Electric oven about 14 months ago, within 1 year the front door handle broke off twice, repairman came out advised us to get a warranty, that we had to pay for. Purchased the warranty the handle fell off again, Fridigaire said the warranty does not cover that. The screws are too short, my husband was advised by the Frigidaire customer service rep told us to go online and buy the screws that are required. They are on back order until early February. Frigidaire will not replace the oven door or the handle. The oven door has fallen apart 6 times in 14 months. Worst experience ever, don’t buy their product! And do not buy their warranty! I now have to file a complaint with the consumer protection and the Better Business Bureau to get my oven door replaced.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Handles get very hot and are very sensitive. If you bump them they turn on and gas is on. We too have to check every night before bed to make sure they are off. One night it was on all night we didn’t know.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Purchase a Frigidaire Gas Range, back in Jan 2018. The range has not been used more than 15 times the whole year and the broiler maybe 3 times at most, smoke started pouring out of the left chimney vent and the left back burning. I call the appliance man and when he took the stove apart you could see the insulation burn, he said it might have been a grease spill but when you looked at the burner and the insulation where the fire was, there was no signs of a grease spill. They want to fix it instead of replacing it. Do not buy this product.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Purchased a Frigidaire Gallery series stove/oven. Have had to replace oven door handles twice. They become brittle over time and crack off when opening oven, or fail where screws attach to all plastic handle. Largest stove burner overheats gas nob when heating larger pots. Frigidaire is not what they use to be. Stove made by another manufacturer that has had quality issues for years. What a shame. Will never buy Frigidaire again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Beware. I bought a Frigidaire FPIC3677RF induction cooktop and used the posted cut out dimensions from their website. They are wrong! Now I have a cooktop that won't fit. Frigidaire won't take the brand new cooktop back, and their dealer won't swap it for one that fits. Just terrible customer service and no accountability. I will now have to spend over a $1,000 to redo my countertop and backsplash because of Frigidaire's error. Not recommended.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

The oven (Gallery Gas Range) turned itself on. It was early a.m. and there was a burning odor. Looked around the house and saw the oven was on but the panel only indicted the clock. Pushing the cancel button did nothing. The thermometer I keep in the oven read over 500 degrees. The oven burners were going full blast. I turned the power off at the electrical panel/fuse box and the oven shut down. Called an electrician and he come immediately and checked my electrical outlets... no problem. When he plugged the range back in a tiny puff of smoke came out of the control panel. After seeing another review about the oven turning itself on I believe I will purchase a new gas range without an electronic panel, rather than chance another problem like that. Lucky that I was home. No telling if a fire might have burned my house down with my pets inside. It was a terrifying experience. I will contact the company on Monday. This happened October 26, 2018.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My Frigidaire range is less than one week old. I have had repair technicians in my home three times and the range still does not work properly. Numerous calls to service department and emails to Frigidaire Corporate offices have proved futile. Self-cleaning cycle results in error messages. Over smokes excessively. One of the four induction burners is broken. To date I have no status from Frigidaire as to when or if the appliance will be repaired/replaced or my money refunded. This company is an embarrassment.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

This gas stove is extremely easy to ignite. Everyone in the family has done it accidentally just leaning on it. In fact this stove almost cost us our house. Our dog is even able to turn on and light the burner, and did so with no one home. There were baked cupcakes cooling on top, which burned and began smoking with the burning on underneath. Thank God the fire dept responded quickly, and we only ended up with a house full of smoke.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We purchased our oven back in 2015 and since, it has broken down TWICE. I find this absolutely unacceptable. The first time was in 2016 when we had to replace the touchpad unit. That repair cost us about $300. The current issue is showing similar symptoms where the oven/broiler is not functioning. The difference, this time, seems to be that it is a gas valve problem where last time, it was the igniter.

I spoke with a woman "Jennifer", from customer service department, this evening and described our problem and my utter disappointment in this product. Her solution was to offer us a 50% discount on whatever part needed to be replaced. The problem I see, with that solution, is that the part is probably going to be $40. So for the total sum of $20, Frigidaire is attempting to purchase our continued loyalty to its inferior products. I can NOT think of anything more insulting to my intelligence, other than someone thinking that I would EVER purchase another Frigidaire product, in my lifetime.

As I explained to "Jennifer", I am a 55 year old male, who has purchase innumerable appliances, in my lifetime and have NEVER had such an atrocious experience. Suffice to say, we will be going out this weekend and purchasing a NEW stove...and it will NOT be a Frigidaire. Also, we will be notifying all our friends and family to avoid their products, in the future, as well as taking every opportunity to relay our experiences to others through social media. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I purchased gas range in 7/23/17. Did not have gas installed into home until 10/2017 at which time hooked up new gas stove. 8/30/18 - spewing gas into my house. Called repairman as warranty expired 38 days ago. Have to buy new stove. Repairs to replace regulator on burner, regulator on oven and gas inlet housing almost $500. Paid $600 less than a year ago. Told me to not use and I was lucky it did not blow up my home. Called Frigidaire, warranty out by 38 days... too bad... too sad... Called Home Depot. Didn't buy extended warranty... too bad... too sad... So angry I want to explode with or without the assistance of a sorry piece of crap gas stove by Frigidaire.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Had my range for only 8 years before it was declared "un-fixable" by 3 different repair guys. Replaced every part, including the $300 board and still will not work. I will NEVER buy another Frigidaire appliance.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Purchased Frigidaire 5 Burner Gas Range, FFGF3054TD 7/3/18, install 7/22/18. Used cook top 2 days later and just a few times since installed. Extreme care needed around this range. If you bump into knobs, or like me, lean against front panel to reach cabinet above the knobs they can easily turn to on position. We have both done it, hubby is 6'3", I'm 5'3". Hubby is hearing impaired and cannot easily smell things. I have turned off back left burner and turned on front right turbo burner and the back left came back on by itself. Hubby had bumped knobs and did not hear ignition clicking. Another time he bumped and no clicking, just had smell of gas which he couldn't smell, glad I was home! I have to lean close to reach cabinet above range hood and have not felt my body turning knob on, only heard that ignitor clicking. Range knobs are only one problem.

Oven used 3 times now and each time the oven makes popping sounds, enough to make my dog bark and the other run. 1st time; oven set 375° for 45 min, then used the broiler for about 7 minutes to finish the bake. Heats up kitchen pretty good, turned oven off and noticed front panel where knobs sit was pretty warm/hot to touch. Sides of oven which fit in between cabinets were extremely warm too. 2nd time, last night oven on 425° for 40 minutes as per direction for 1 pot pie. Set timer, when done, pie crust was burnt on side closest to front oven door. Turned oven off and again noticed how hot knob panel was. Decided to get my meat probe out, pressed it tight against panel, it registered 156°. Ate my pie and noticed panel still pretty darn warm. Called hubby in to hold meat thermometer against panel so I could use cell phone camera. It registered 135° by then.

Today, used this oven for the last time!!! Set to 425° for 90 minutes. Same problems, popping and hot hot hot front knob/panel and sides. I discourage anyone to NOT USE this range or any of Frigidaire Gas Ranges. It is certainly a death trap for anyone, be it a child, small/tall person, hearing impaired, with dementia or in any cognitively impaired or inebriated persons. I WANT TO HELP YOU OR LOVED ONES SAVE YOUR LIVES. Read the many other reviews on Frigidaire ranges and you will see where I'm coming from. Thankfully the company I bought from listened to me and checked Consumer Affairs reports and has changed my range to another manufactured brand!

Original review: July 30, 2018

Bought new glass top stove (CPES3085KF6) in 2013 for $2000. Had to replace glass top in 2015 for a cost of $817. It has now cracked again. DO NOT BUY this product. Frigidaire will not do anything except offer me 10% off part. Serviceman on first replacement said top was defective but past 1 year warranty. Have been online and see other complaints. Frigidaire need to do something about this defective product. I can’t talk to supervisor as customer service will not let me past them. I think Frigidaire should give me a new part. Frigidaire wake up, your consumers are not happy. Do you really think a stove top should only last 2 years. Plus we only use it 7 months per year as we are snowbirds.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The Frigidaire Gas Range is a professional model. It has a glass top, four burners plus bridge for odd shaped pots and pans. It also has a large oven and is self cleaning. Have used it for 15 yrs and never any problem. I have recommended to many.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I bought the Frigidaire Gas Range about 7 years ago. It was a piece of junk from day one. The oven has not worked for at least 6 years. The only reason I still have it is that I cannot afford to buy another one.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My Frigidaire Gas Range was new and came with the house when I bought it. I like it pretty much. The burners, however are a bit tricky and can be annoying. Also, they are too close to each other making it hard to use a large pan. But the oven is calibrated nicely as recipes usually come out fine. It has a double glass panel though and I am not sure how to give the glass a good cleaning. I don’t see anything in the booklet about this but it’s not too bad!

Original review: April 29, 2018

This Frigidaire gas range, model FGGF3030PWB is 13 months old. Bought it in March 2017. I went to open the oven door and the right side came off the hinge. I only opened it a few inches. Called to my husband to help. He went to lift it up and the whole glass front of the door exploded into thousands of tiny glass shards. Good thing he wasn't hurt. I have been cooking for over 50 years and have never heard of anything like this. Of course the warranty expired last month. Extremely unhappy with this stove.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My mother in law's house burned down 3 yrs ago and had to be completely gutted and rebuilt inside. 1.5 yrs ago when completed she purchased a set of Frigidaire appliances. 5 burner gas range, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave. She's had a repair person here for every single one of these appliances! The digital timer, clock, and built in meat thermometer DO NOT work and never have! She's had problems with the burners and most concerning problems with the temp knobs turning on very easily which fills the house with gas fumes! This is absolutely horrible and dangerous! We will never purchase this brand again. EVER. Someone is going to end up dying from gas fumes.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We bought this at the recommendation of Gerhard Appliances owner as one of the best. While we like the stove it has not functioned well a single day since we got it. First the grates were defective and so the stove could not be leveled. Then the burners would not function and had to be ignited manually to get flame. The oven does not heat beyond 250 degrees and as many have mentioned, the knobs turn on accidentally at the slightest touch. We had this delivered late Feb 2017 and since then have had about 14-15 service calls some from dealer and some from the manufacturer. We are still waiting for them to make the oven function. Wish I had done my homework before buying this expensive, and useless appliance.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We purchased an entire package of Frigidaire Gallery 5 burner gas range appliances in November 2011. To date, I have had no problems with them... until now. When I was cleaning, I noticed a problem with the oven door... it seems that the seal must have broken. On the right side, it sticks out a little. I went to their website to try to buy a new door for my range... was unable to locate one. They want me to buy several pieces of glass, disassemble the door, put a new seal in... myself... to the tune of about $300. The extended warranty ran out 6 months before this happened... and I am fairly sure it happened during the self-clean mode.

I use my stove every day, and this is making me mad. I cannot afford a new one... and now, when I use the oven... it gets so hot in the kitchen, I have to open a window. It is currently 16 degrees out with a wind chill of zero. Ugh. I did very much like these, but will go up a level to the pro series next time I can afford to buy them. Very disappointed... especially as my Whirlpool range almost cost me my home! Our daughter recommended this series... just sad.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

One of the worst mistakes I've made in life was to ever purchase your terrible appliances. 2.5 years after filling my home with your appliances I'm now stuck with the daunting task of now trying to find money to get my gas range fixed for the second time. I will never recommend Frigidaire to anyone. When I bought my home I bought ALL Frigidaire appliances. ALL have had some sort of problems. First, it was the refrigerator, then the gas oven, then the microwave and of course the dishwasher. The company refused to send someone out to take a look at my gas range. When I stated I was very upset the supervisor said "Usually when we don't get what we want that what happens." I stated to her, "Well I'm actually disappointed because 2.5 years after I spend all this money I should not have so much issues with my appliances" to which she answered "Anything that's man made will eventually break". DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I am unhappy with my stove. I have had problems with my burners and was informed that roaches in the stove caused my burners to go out. The burners were replaced and the same thing happened. I only had one repair company available to do work under my one year warranty. That company was in another town. They told me that the second set of burners had come in and they would set up a time when the weather improved. When the weather improved they told me they had no burners and Frigidaire would not supply a second set of burners. After calling customer service, they contacted the appliance company who noted that they would not fix the burners until I had a receipt from a professional exterminator. Thus, I am required to produce this documentation.

The serviceman on his second service call did not say this to me. He said he would order the burners. Not receiving the truth from the serviceman was misleading. I have owned several stoves over 40 years and never had this problem with my smooth top stoves. The Frigidaire design with the burners is problematic. I would not recommend this product. My hometown is big enough to have someone from my town do the warranty work. I have owned this Galaxy convection range for 6 months and did not have use of the burners Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the present.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

4 months old, Bought NEW Frigidaire 5 Burner Gas Stove in AUGUST. This is DECEMBER 12TH. I decided to clean the oven. 20 min. into clean up the oven glass door imploded (shattered). I called and ask that it be replaced 4 months old. Why not, they refused, said they will send repair person to see whats the problem is for repair, I explained Christmas is a week away. I have family coming in from out of state, And now NO way to cook a meal. Are you kidding, is this good customer care??? Model LGGF3043KFW Serial No. VF71726003. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!! Very unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Within three months one stove eye went out. About two weeks later two more went. Had those repaired. Now the stove is on the fritz again. The same eyes are out. Cooked Thanksgiving dinner with one eye. It is now a month after calling Frigidaire and it is still not fixed because the repairman cannot get the parts. This is so unfair. Frigidaire will do nothing as long as it is repairable. Forget the fact that the parts are not available. What does one do? I will tell everyone stay away from Frigidaire.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Model # FGGF3035RWC - This stove is an accident waiting to happen. The knobs to turn on the burners are extremely sensitive - if you brush again them they turn on. You don't realize it until it’s been on for awhile and smell gas. This is a major flaw, the stove should be recalled. I have called Frigidaire but they insist this is the design of the stove and there nothing needs to be done. I am contemplating calling one of the Consumer shows to try to publicize this critical design flaw.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire's history stretches back to its founding in Indiana in 1916, when many of its most innovative "iceboxes" still used actual ice. It introduced the world's first 30-inch electric range in 1952.

• Frigidaire Fit Promise: Frigidaire guarantees that it can help buyers find a model to fit the space available in their kitchens.

• Built-in options: Frigidaire offers one of the most extensive arrays of choices for buyers who want appliances that can be seamlessly integrated into countertops and cabinetry.

• Coordinated design: Frigidaire maintains design unity across multiple product types, giving buyers many choices when they wish to maintain a consistent appearance for all of a household's appliances, including stoves.

• Easy buying tools: Frigidaire's Appliance Selector allows buyers to quickly find the best choice for their needs.

• Robust warranty support: Frigidaire makes it easy for buyers to schedule maintenance and receive warranty support online, through mail or with authorized local partner locations.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs