1.70/5
Based on 30 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

190 Frigidaire Gas Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 3, 2018

The Frigidaire Gas Range is a professional model. It has a glass top, four burners plus bridge for odd shaped pots and pans. It also has a large oven and is self cleaning. Have used it for 15 yrs and never any problem. I have recommended to many.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I bought the Frigidaire Gas Range about 7 years ago. It was a piece of junk from day one. The oven has not worked for at least 6 years. The only reason I still have it is that I cannot afford to buy another one.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My Frigidaire Gas Range was new and came with the house when I bought it. I like it pretty much. The burners, however are a bit tricky and can be annoying. Also, they are too close to each other making it hard to use a large pan. But the oven is calibrated nicely as recipes usually come out fine. It has a double glass panel though and I am not sure how to give the glass a good cleaning. I don’t see anything in the booklet about this but it’s not too bad!

Original review: April 29, 2018

This Frigidaire gas range, model FGGF3030PWB is 13 months old. Bought it in March 2017. I went to open the oven door and the right side came off the hinge. I only opened it a few inches. Called to my husband to help. He went to lift it up and the whole glass front of the door exploded into thousands of tiny glass shards. Good thing he wasn't hurt. I have been cooking for over 50 years and have never heard of anything like this. Of course the warranty expired last month. Extremely unhappy with this stove.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My mother in law's house burned down 3 yrs ago and had to be completely gutted and rebuilt inside. 1.5 yrs ago when completed she purchased a set of Frigidaire appliances. 5 burner gas range, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave. She's had a repair person here for every single one of these appliances! The digital timer, clock, and built in meat thermometer DO NOT work and never have! She's had problems with the burners and most concerning problems with the temp knobs turning on very easily which fills the house with gas fumes! This is absolutely horrible and dangerous! We will never purchase this brand again. EVER. Someone is going to end up dying from gas fumes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We bought this at the recommendation of Gerhard Appliances owner as one of the best. While we like the stove it has not functioned well a single day since we got it. First the grates were defective and so the stove could not be leveled. Then the burners would not function and had to be ignited manually to get flame. The oven does not heat beyond 250 degrees and as many have mentioned, the knobs turn on accidentally at the slightest touch. We had this delivered late Feb 2017 and since then have had about 14-15 service calls some from dealer and some from the manufacturer. We are still waiting for them to make the oven function. Wish I had done my homework before buying this expensive, and useless appliance.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We purchased an entire package of Frigidaire Gallery 5 burner gas range appliances in November 2011. To date, I have had no problems with them... until now. When I was cleaning, I noticed a problem with the oven door... it seems that the seal must have broken. On the right side, it sticks out a little. I went to their website to try to buy a new door for my range... was unable to locate one. They want me to buy several pieces of glass, disassemble the door, put a new seal in... myself... to the tune of about $300. The extended warranty ran out 6 months before this happened... and I am fairly sure it happened during the self-clean mode.

I use my stove every day, and this is making me mad. I cannot afford a new one... and now, when I use the oven... it gets so hot in the kitchen, I have to open a window. It is currently 16 degrees out with a wind chill of zero. Ugh. I did very much like these, but will go up a level to the pro series next time I can afford to buy them. Very disappointed... especially as my Whirlpool range almost cost me my home! Our daughter recommended this series... just sad.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

One of the worst mistakes I've made in life was to ever purchase your terrible appliances. 2.5 years after filling my home with your appliances I'm now stuck with the daunting task of now trying to find money to get my gas range fixed for the second time. I will never recommend Frigidaire to anyone. When I bought my home I bought ALL Frigidaire appliances. ALL have had some sort of problems. First, it was the refrigerator, then the gas oven, then the microwave and of course the dishwasher. The company refused to send someone out to take a look at my gas range. When I stated I was very upset the supervisor said "Usually when we don't get what we want that what happens." I stated to her, "Well I'm actually disappointed because 2.5 years after I spend all this money I should not have so much issues with my appliances" to which she answered "Anything that's man made will eventually break". DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I am unhappy with my stove. I have had problems with my burners and was informed that roaches in the stove caused my burners to go out. The burners were replaced and the same thing happened. I only had one repair company available to do work under my one year warranty. That company was in another town. They told me that the second set of burners had come in and they would set up a time when the weather improved. When the weather improved they told me they had no burners and Frigidaire would not supply a second set of burners. After calling customer service, they contacted the appliance company who noted that they would not fix the burners until I had a receipt from a professional exterminator. Thus, I am required to produce this documentation.

The serviceman on his second service call did not say this to me. He said he would order the burners. Not receiving the truth from the serviceman was misleading. I have owned several stoves over 40 years and never had this problem with my smooth top stoves. The Frigidaire design with the burners is problematic. I would not recommend this product. My hometown is big enough to have someone from my town do the warranty work. I have owned this Galaxy convection range for 6 months and did not have use of the burners Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the present.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

4 months old, Bought NEW Frigidaire 5 Burner Gas Stove in AUGUST. This is DECEMBER 12TH. I decided to clean the oven. 20 min. into clean up the oven glass door imploded (shattered). I called and ask that it be replaced 4 months old. Why not, they refused, said they will send repair person to see whats the problem is for repair, I explained Christmas is a week away. I have family coming in from out of state, And now NO way to cook a meal. Are you kidding, is this good customer care??? Model LGGF3043KFW Serial No. VF71726003. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!! Very unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Within three months one stove eye went out. About two weeks later two more went. Had those repaired. Now the stove is on the fritz again. The same eyes are out. Cooked Thanksgiving dinner with one eye. It is now a month after calling Frigidaire and it is still not fixed because the repairman cannot get the parts. This is so unfair. Frigidaire will do nothing as long as it is repairable. Forget the fact that the parts are not available. What does one do? I will tell everyone stay away from Frigidaire.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Model # FGGF3035RWC - This stove is an accident waiting to happen. The knobs to turn on the burners are extremely sensitive - if you brush again them they turn on. You don't realize it until it’s been on for awhile and smell gas. This is a major flaw, the stove should be recalled. I have called Frigidaire but they insist this is the design of the stove and there nothing needs to be done. I am contemplating calling one of the Consumer shows to try to publicize this critical design flaw.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased a Crosley Gas stove 7 years ago. The stove was manufactured by Frigidaire. The grates which are porcelain wrapped are chipping off - more and more every day. I called the store I purchased it from to inquire if they are under warranty only to find out that they are not even made anymore. When I expressed my anger, I was told that the stove is basically made to be a throwaway. The rest of the stove works fine, it just looks terrible. I will never buy a Frigidaire product again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Bought this range LGGF3043k/ from Lowe's. Have had problems with the burners. Repair service came out because the burners would not igniting twice. Then oven took over 2 hours to heat and soon as it reaches 350 it starts cooling off and whatever you are cooking ruins. They replaced the element but now the thing is doing the very same thing. I checked and apparently it is on recall. I have repair service coming out again but I am going to be afraid the thing may blow up. After all it has been repaired for doing the very same thing and evidently it is not repaired.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

LESS THAN A YEAR ago we purchased a Frigidaire Professional Model FPGF3077QF gas range online to replace our old Frigidaire electric range/oven/microwave from the 1970s that finally quit working except on one burner. We figured Frigidaire made exceptional products. Not anymore, apparently. The Frigidaire Professional Series range was way more expensive than others, but we were sold by how it looked, and the fact that it did not have an electronic control panel, but knobs. The first thing we noticed when the range was delivered was how flimsy the bottom drawer was. It has never hung straight, and it is so thin and weak that you cannot use it to store even one pot. It is useless.

Despite the fact that we hardly used it, within a month or so the convection fan stopped working. A serviceman came out, took the range out from the wall, took it apart and replaced the fan. He also unsuccessfully tried to fix the flimsy, cockeyed lower drawer. It still hangs crooked. Within a short while, the convection fan stopped working again, even though we almost never use it. We are having it serviced again in a week.

The black stove top porcelain finish is already badly stained and NOTHING works to clean it. It looks like crap already - and the finish is not covered by the warranty. The burners themselves are not heavy-duty or even close to commercial quality. They are the same burners they use on the low end models. And if you accidentally turn the knob past the ignition stage, the gas will just continue to pour out. If you inadvertently walked away, your entire house could fill up with gas.

As for the knobs for the oven, they are just electronic controls, subject to the same problems as electronic panels. The knobs do not operate the oven mechanically like commercial ovens - which is disappointing as the oven control knobs were why we decided to pay the steep price for this overpriced range. Our biggest fear is that when the warranty runs out, the problems will continue.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I was wish I would've read reviews before purchasing this stove for my mother. I purchased the gas stove in January and in early August it burst into large flames while she was cooking. The flames quickly traveled to the front knobs. We have contacted the store and manufacture company with no luck as to a replacement or refund. Stay away from this product!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I was broiling some pork steaks in the oven and when I took them out and went to shut the broiler off It burned my finger. I looked close at the control panel and seen that it had melted! I asked my husband to come look at it and he too touched the control panel to try to make sure it was shut off and it burned his finger also!

The Stove is 3 years old and has always been very hot when in use. We have a 5 year warranty on it so my husband called and made an appointment for them to come check it out. They came the next day, checked the oven over and said they believed that the insulation fell therefore it was overheating and melting the control panel. How does that happen?

Last year one of the burners was acting up so I call and the warranty service came out and fixed that and I mentioned to him about the stove being very hot when in use and how it heated up the Kitchen to 20 to 30 degrees hotter than the other rooms in the house... Even company complained as to how hot it was in the kitchen. The serviceman took notes and said he would see to it that it got turned into the Office and would get back to us on what the verdict would be. Waiting for an answer and afraid to use my stove!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Moved to brand new house 2017 with new appliances and they are all Frigidaire. The GAS RANGE model ffgf3047lsj. It feels like it is very sensitive to everything. The electric sparks will be replaced by warranty. The stove doesn't cook, it burns. I love to cook and I have never had an issue like this with other gas ranges. I would never recommend this product to anyone who enjoys cooking.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

New home, appliances all Frigidaire Gallery, fairly new, looked great. Last night used the convection oven for the second time in 2 weeks, turned it off when done. Realized some hours later that, while the panel showed it off, it was still on! Not at 350 as I'd had it set, but the element and top rack were too hot to touch for more than a second. Very grateful to all the people who have posted about this problem, as I was able to turn it off at the breaker and leave it that way overnight in order to sleep without worrying about my house burning down. Now I'm thinking I should probably replace every last one of these Frigidaire Gallery appliances which, of course, was not in the budget. They're frightening and I will never trust any of them again after reading these comments. Having issues with the side-by-side fridge and the microwave, too.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We bought a Frigidaire Professional Freestanding Convection Stainless Gas Range model number FPGF3077QB because the electronic keypad on our old GE gas range eventually gave up the ghost. We picked this model because we wanted the minimum amount of electronic keypad features. The keypad on this model has two timers, interior light pad and clock feature only. In order to use either of the timers or the clock feature, you press the + or - area of the pad and the numbers are supposed to increment one at a time initially and then by larger degrees of 5 or ten later.

The increment features never worked as designed... Regardless where or how you pressed the + or - area, the device would not work correctly and after some seconds of climbing at increments of one or sometimes 5, eventually before you reached your target the device would time out and you would need to start over. Very annoying if you were trying to set a 120 minute timer, or to set the clock after a power failure. We have this keypad replace once under warranty but the replacement is no better than the first. That whole mechanism is junk and I use my microwave timer instead and the set the time of day on my microwave.

Another feature that I did not note when I bought the range is that there is no indicator giving you the temperature of the oven. A light shows when it is heating and another when it reaches temperature but there is no indication while heating or at temperature as to what the temperature really is. Something I just assumed that modern ranges would do. I will never buy another of these.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This stove is not worth the money, and it is dangerous! The knobs on this stove are so sensitive that if you lean against them the gas turns on and you may not realize it until it’s been on for awhile and smell gas. This is a major flaw, the stove should be recalled for that reason alone! We are so paranoid that we have to check the knob before we go to bed to assure the gas is not on. These knob are way too sensitive! Another thing is when the stove pilot comes on it sounds like a mini explosion. It also happens when it turns off. Last but not least, there is no border on the sides of the stove to keep food from falling in between the stove and the cabinets. Poor design. I wish I would have done my research before buying this stove.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

New appliances purchased 4/2013. Frigidaire Gallery FGGS3065KFH gas range front panel has started to melt. Absolutely no help from the company. Only choice was to replace the entire front panel at my expense, with no guarantee that it won't happen again. On top of that the icemaker in the refrigerator makes ice at its convenience. Most times I buy ice. First time experience with Frigidaire and last time.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I bought a stove during a remodel. Three years later it was red tagged by the gas company as emitting excessive amounts of carbon monoxide. It was probably emitting these gases for a while but the odor had gotten overwhelming and I had the gas company come out. Frigidaire is refusing to replace the stove even though I had all 3 of their repair people tell me over the phone the stove had to be trashed and is irreparable. The technicians wouldn't even come out because they knew they couldn't replace it. How can they charge so much for their products but can't stand behind their products. What has happened to customer service?!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

For a long time I thought it was something I was doing carelessly, but then I read all the complaints about the same problem. The slightest brush against the knob will turn it enough to activate gas to escape. The ignitor does not click. My daughter has a 20 year old GE gas range. No gas is released until the ignitor comes on. What in God's name is wrong with Frigidaire to let this fault go without a recall on a stove that was manufactured in recent years. I didn't think paying over $800 would give me such an inferior stove. What are they waiting for... a family to be wiped out after an explosion?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

This Frigidaire was manufactured by GM in 1977 or '78 and was obviously when integrity was foremost and greed was minimal. The double oven unit is still working well and I've only had one service call in 39 years to replace an element. The upper oven is self cleaning and still works well. Can't beat that!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

When you lean against the knobs the gas goes on. I called them and they do not offer child proof knobs. I went to the store within 30 days of purchasing and wanted another oven. The salesperson said he would have someone call me. They did after 60 days and said that the 60 day warranty expired. Really! I always loved Sears in the past however I will never purchase anything from them from now on. I have no Idea what I am going to do about getting child proof knobs for my oven.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

LGGF3043KFR gas range - I ordered this product and it did not last 4 years! State of Maine has law that states appliances should last minimum, 4 years with normal use. And I explained it to the lady but I could not get much assistance from the her at Frigidaire company. She suggested I call the state for the warranty! No more Frigidaire products for me. EXPENSIVE EXPERIENCE - ONE I WILL NOT REPEAT!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

DO NOT ever buy any Frigidaire product. Have a range 3 years old and recently replaced the board because the oven would not cut off. Used it one time since the repair and it would not cut off. Contacted Frigidaire after reading reviews about this being a major issue and they do not back their product! Claim they weren't aware this is an issue! Done with Frigidaire!!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

When using the broiler grease got in between the glass on the oven door. Called Sears and they sent out a new gasket. When serviceman arrived to replace gasket he said this is caused by the vent on the front of the door and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Range LGGF3044LWC Five Burner Gas Convection - Three years old. Front paint is peeling where air is vented from oven. Not covered by warranty. Looks like trash now in my new kitchen. No help from Frigidaire other than 50% off replacement parts when I pay for service call and repair. They said that even if it was in warranty they would not cover peeling paint. Also, as many bakers have complained about - this oven never browns your bakery. You basically have to broil the top to brown it. Frigidaire's ratings are ridiculously horrible. I wish I had read them first but trusted Lowe's to be selling a quality product. Would never buy Frigidaire product again.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire's history stretches back to its founding in Indiana in 1916, when many of its most innovative "iceboxes" still used actual ice. It introduced the world's first 30-inch electric range in 1952.

• Frigidaire Fit Promise: Frigidaire guarantees that it can help buyers find a model to fit the space available in their kitchens.

• Built-in options: Frigidaire offers one of the most extensive arrays of choices for buyers who want appliances that can be seamlessly integrated into countertops and cabinetry.

• Coordinated design: Frigidaire maintains design unity across multiple product types, giving buyers many choices when they wish to maintain a consistent appearance for all of a household's appliances, including stoves.

• Easy buying tools: Frigidaire's Appliance Selector allows buyers to quickly find the best choice for their needs.

• Robust warranty support: Frigidaire makes it easy for buyers to schedule maintenance and receive warranty support online, through mail or with authorized local partner locations.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs