Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners

3.9/5 (246 ratings)

About Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dirt Devil?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I bought the Dirt Devil Power Reach Canister vacuum. 2 months after purchasing the vacuum the powerhead screws stripped and would not stay together so I taped it and crazy glued screws because they kept coming out. I called dirt devil and they said return receipt and warranty where I purchased. I did so with warranty and receipt and they refused to honour it. Because I tried to repair it. So today I called and they no longer make the product so you're forced to buy a new vacuum.

When I told them they should review the past return they said, "How do we know you returned with warranty." I was floored!! Especially when have the original complaint call where they they had told to return it, (she read the notes on call) and notes saying I had a warranty and returned it back to me unrepaired. It would not have gone back without warranty. They are money hungry, greedy company, who obviously don't give damn about their customers. Don't bother with warranty... They don't honour them. And you're lucky if a year later you can get parts.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Bought the Dirt Devil Power Stick and within one month the poorly designed power brush head broke. Always make sure you send in warranty card, because product might work good at first but could break. Poor design in product.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

This vacuum cleaner is definitely a waste of money. I purchased this cleaner about a month ago and the floor adjustment does not work on it. I contacted them to see if I could fix it myself but they said they would replace the vacuum. I just got an email from them to tell me to cut the cord off the defective machine and send a picture of the cut cord and then they would send the replacement. So now I am going to be without a vacuum until they send the replacement. How long that will take, we do not know. My advice is do not buy these cheap vacuum cleaner. Save your money.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

My Dirt Devil stick-vac is absolutely worthless. It was a major waste of money. It spits out more dirt than it picks up. Do not waste your money on it. You can do better job of cleaning with a broom. I am apparently supposed to write more but what else can I say? I blew a lot of dirt around this morning so now after vacuuming, the rug is dirtier that it was before I vacuumed and there is NO DIRT in the dirt cup. You call THIS a cleaner?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

DIRT DEVIL DELETED MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. SO I'M REPOSTING HERE.. So let's talk Dirt Devil. I bought a power pet max and it's trash after 6 months. A super huge manufacturer's issue. A clip came off and the belt rubbed the plastic under it melting it. As I type this I have you know I am on the phone on hold now. Kelsey can not tell me and thing not sure why she's even answering the phone. I have asked twice now to speak to Denise in tier 2 who placed my replacement order. She is refusing to get on the phone or send me an email as well as telling me that there is no tracking for me. But the product has been picked up by FedEx. Finally after Denise being scared to get on the phone and Kelsey lying to me I got the supposedly highest in chain of command.

Now I'm speaking with Carol. Who says the vacuum has not been picked up by FedEx. So now I'm dealing with people lying to save their self. What a shame. So now I'm waiting on Carol to call back to see what is really going on. I can definitely say after this incident I will not be buying anything DIRT DEVIL HOOVER OR ORECK AS THEY ARE ALL THE SAME PEOPLE. And on top of it I disabled the vacuum like they told me to do cutting the whole cord off and was ignored after. I had to call in myself again. Spend more money on better products. In the end it saves you headache. I will be back with updates after MY RETURN PHONE CALL.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

WE have had our Dirt Devil Bagless for Approximately 2 years. We have hard floors with Oriental rugs, so the vacuum is hardly overworked. Lately it has been shutting off, which I assume is an overheat protection. This is happening after 10 minutes of run time with empty bin and freshly cleaned filters. This is not a very good representation of a quality product for Dirt Devil. I will not purchase their brand again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I purchased a Dirt Devil Power Max Rewind about 7 months ago for right around $220 at Target stores in Fond du Lac WI. Got it home, worked great for about 3 months. Then the cord stopped winding in all the way. The next thing I noticed was it began losing suction, I went and bought new filters for the entire vacuum! Believe me those are also not cheap! Seen almost no improvement. I took the vacuum hose and made sure it wasn't clogged, it was not. I then proceeded to try everything I could think of. I mean vacuum that only last for around a few months at the price I paid, very dissatisfied customer. I would recommend you purchase another brand if you are considering spending the money on a nice vacuum. Anyways this is my honest review of this product.

Original review: July 21, 2019

More than once I have had to spend an hour OR TWO trying to reassemble the dust cup and filter after cleaning it (which is mandatory!). No logic to this Chinese b.s. It is the luck of the draw if I can get it put back together after cleaning the cup and filter, so I dread cleaning it...because I know it may be next to impossible to get it back together. This vacuum cleaner cost about $100 maybe slightly more.

Original review: July 19, 2019

It picks up dirt. But the cost of the vacuum is not nowhere near as expensive as the competitors brand names. The style that I do have now is a bagless. That is more environmental friendly and easier to clean up.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought this Dirt Devil Reach cordless vac because I wanted something cordless and easy. While it doesn't replace a "real" vacuum cleaner it's good in a pinch. It does a very adequate job on carpet and bare floors alike and is small to get into tight spaces. Battery life is good. Cleaning the canister is my biggest complaint. The dirt gets stuck in there and you have to wind up picking it out.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Have used it to vacuum wood chips, sheetrock dust and particles and in the next breath vacuum the carpeting and linoleum floors! A extremely versatile upright vacuum cleaner! Filter bags are readily available in any Big Box store or hardware store.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Compact and easy to use. Has great accessory attachments to help clean in those hard to reach areas. Its motor has a powerful suction to pick up all the dirt and debris... No problems to mention so far...

Original review: July 14, 2019

I was searching for a more up-to-date vacuum, and I found a Dirt Devil model. It has a cord long enough to vacuum my stairs without having to reconnect. It also has several handy attachments that makes vacuuming easier. I can detach the canister and carry it about without tiring. The filter is washable, and the unit as a whole is easy to clean. I'm highly satisfied!

Original review: July 13, 2019

I wash out the sponge filter and knock out the paper filter, keeps the suction on the vacuum like new. It works like a charm. Just as good as any high priced model I've used and it's lighter in weight.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I really love the Dirt Devil for pet hair. It works exceptionally well. The biggest flaw is the small canister for dirt dust collection. The extension tools are easy to use and very reliable. Extremely lightweight for those of us with bad backs, which that is a great plus. Real easy to empty and clean.

Original review: July 11, 2019

This little cordless is great on wood and tile floors and pretty good on carpet also. I’m very satisfied because it’s inexpensive and it works. Most other vacuums I’ve owned are bulky and don’t pick up.

Original review: July 10, 2019

This vacuum is so cheap that the brush spindles burn out in less than five hours service. They are very expensive to replace because you have to pay for a quality spindle or you're wasting your time. When the spindle wears out, It melts, Causing a huge amount of torque on the belt, And breaks the belt, Repeatedly. It is so cheap, And made of such flimsy plastic. That you will be lucky to clean your floors before the spindle overheats and melts.

Original review: July 9, 2019

This is a compact device that is attractive, however, it has many settings and they do not work, so I have to use 1 or 2 (closest to the floor) for every surface. I have just a few rugs in the house so a small, compact item was desirable. Unfortunately, I will likely replace this one because it is so inefficient.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Still waiting on back ordered crevice tool since Sept. 2018. Yes, that date is correct and it is now July 8, 2019. During this time span, I have talked with customer service reps Michelle, Rhonda, Heather, Michael and lastly Nicole. I sent the proper documentation that was asked of me and I received a response to cut the cord on my perfectly working vacuum, take a picture of it and send it to them. They would then send another vacuum to me. Why would I do this when it has taken them 10 months to get to this point. I cannot be without a vacuum for any length of time. I can only imagine how long it would take for a replacement. My last email to TTI Floor Care was June 19 and so far absolutely no response. Calling directly only leaves me on permanent hold.

Getting a "bonus crevice tool" which was supposed to be included in the original vacuum box when purchased should not take this long. I even purchased the two year warranty plan and can't even use that. The vacuum works fine. I just can't get the bonus tool sent to me. Completely disgusted with TTI Floor Care's lack of satisfactory customer service. S.

Original review: July 8, 2019

The vacuum is heavy. Not easy to maneuver. Easy to unload the dirt from the container, but the suction power is not great at the roller on the bottom of the Vacuum, also hair and Lint get so twisted with string. Hair anything of this nature wraps around the roller so it needs to be cleaned before you finish with your vacuuming. Would love to get a new pet vac!

Original review: July 4, 2019

Great value vacuum cleaner that really does an excellent job; especially considering that I paid less than $100.00. Would highly recommend the plugin canister model (very light and efficient). Some small drawbacks for this unit are: it isn't cordless and it requires regular filter cleaning and replacements.

Original review: July 3, 2019

The performance of this vacuum is outstanding. I was not a fan of bagless systems but Dirt Devil change my opinion. I like the fact that the electrical cord winds into the vacuum automatically by pressing on the rewind lever.

Original review: July 2, 2019

First and last Dirt Devil I will purchase. The filter clogs too rapidly, rubber bands used to hold filter in place is laughable to say the least. Vacuum power is wanting and operating noise would wake up the dead!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Would love it if the cords were much longer and it was easier to find the filters. Usually the stores that have the sales do not carry them so then one must have to start over once the filter is no good and buy a new machine. I cannot do that a lot due to fixed income.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My Dirt Devil 18.0 V Gator Bagless Handheld Vacuum, BD10175, (with 3 year warranty) quit charging. I contacted Dirt Devil via their website. They sent email April 25, 2019. Told me to charge for 24 hours and then call customer service at 1-800-321-1134. They sent email, "Please reply to this email with a copy of your receipt so that we can document your purchase date and location." I did this. April 30, 2019 they sent another email, "Please cut the entire cord off of the charger/machine. Peel the sticker with the model number off and stick to a piece of paper. Type the MFG Code in the message. Example B12C. Reply to this email with a picture of both of these attached to your case response." I did this. They never got back to me until I contacted again through their website.

June 6, 2019 They emailed me, "You will be getting the BD10100, because the BD10175 is out of stock with no foreseeable future that we will begetting it back in stock." The BD10100 Gator 10.8V Cordless Hand Vacuum. The BD10175 Gator 18V Cordless Hand Vacuum with Brush roll. I emailed back and complained that the BD10100 Gator 10.8V Cordless Hand Vacuum was half the power, half the price and had no brush roll. THEY DID NOT REPLY TO THIS DATE!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I bought this for my car small Dirt Devil and after using couple of times it just shuts off in 3-4 of use in my car. Horrible vacuum and very very good expensive.

Complete waste of money. Won’t buy this company product in future.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Vacuum is actually too strong and hand vent does not prevent picking up area rugs, so strong pull required to free them. Cleaning is a horror show to take apart and clean filter. Dirt cup too small requiring clean out too often. Wheel cover on side with air exhaust keeps falling off. Unit falls over often so have to go back to put back on wheels. Emailed company but no response. Like others will not ever buy another Dirt Devil product.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Purchased the unit and within 2 months it would no longer hold a charge. Spent hours on the phone with customer service "troubleshooting" the problem. Finally agreed to let me return it but required me to drive 45 mins to their "authorized service center" to drop it off for inspection. Eventually replaced the unit. Drove another 45mins each way to pick it up. Unit failed again within a month. This time customer service was less helpful and required me to return it to the original seller (Amazon), which was way beyond the return window. Finally gave up, tossed it in the trash and bought a different unit from a different company. So far so good. Terrible product, terrible customer service.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Since the first use hot air with the fine dust was blowing directly from the junctions right into my face. Lil cheap plastic thing. I didn't even bother to complain. Tried to fix it, did a double check and reassembly. I can see very clearly (after washing my face)...zero quality control. May have bought the one defective unit in 20000. Fine. But won't buy from them EVER again. I never write bad reviews to anything or anybody, but this was pure dissatisfaction and frustration today. Get less richer, solve more problems, take care of your employees and you'll prosper like crazy. I saw Dirt Devil today face to face.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I bought this so called brand's vacuum few months back, it seemed like a good machine but after using it for a few months it just broke on me. Disappointed as I was, called customer care and after days of trying to prove my purchase that I made online from Walmart, they agreed to replace it. I had paid $170 to buy it, they sent an inferior model without same specs and just said that is what they have in hand. When I checked the value of the vacuum they sent me I found out it is going for $100 again on Walmart website. When I complained about this fact, their response was, "If you do not want it send it back, but you are not getting anything else". So I told them I am going to let people know about this, they could not care less. Bottom line is, if you want to buy this brand think thrice!

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners Company Information