Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners

3.9/5 (298 ratings)

About Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dirt Devil?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I was looking for a simple, reputed handheld and lightweight vacuum cleaner, the Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner checks all the list. Along with its lightweight easy to use design, and the crevice tools, it provided me with excellent return on my investment. The Dirt Devil Handheld Vacuum Cleaner: The Smartest Way To Clean my Home! Staying ahead of the dirt, lint and grit the home can be tough. And I kids & pets in my home so the process becomes tougher. So this vacuum was no doubt the best choice in cleaning smart.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

It gets the job done inside and outside when it comes to getting up dirt. Thank you for making the Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner. It’s Unique because it’s small and you can fit it in a small place in your house or either in your car and it’s easy to clean also.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I have a Dirt Devil Jaguar Pet vacuum which no longer works. This one started out working ok. I can't speak about Dirt Devil vacuums as a whole, but this one was a bit too much trouble. It stopped picking up the dirt and started spitting out the dirt and dust. I think the old fashioned vacuums with the bag you take out are probably the best and more sturdy. The Jaguar Pet had a canister that you had to take out and put back which was the same concept as the old fashioned vacs with bags. But there are a lot of plastic parts which after some time that don't connect right when you try to put everything back together. It started spitting out more than it would pick up.

Right now it is just sitting in a corner because I have not got around to throwing it out. I bought me an old fashioned carpet sweeper which has been working just fine, so far. I am sure Dirt Devil has some good products and I may have just burned the Jaguar Pet out by vacuuming all time...with six cats, I used the vacuum a lot.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Dirtdevil Powermax is a lightweight canister vacuum with a couple basic attachments. It is convenient to use quickly everyday on carpet and tile flooring. The vacuum has maintained its great suction for the past 8 months I have owned it. Great vacuum and affordable.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I have this vacuum and the suction was not strong for deep carpet or the tile floor. It only lasted 6 months. I have several allergies so I vacuum more than the normal person. The filter clogged up frequently. I will not purchase this vacuum and will not recommend to family or friends.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Lightweight, picks up dog hair wonderfully, easy to empty canister. I've had mine for five years and still going. When this one goes I will definitely be purchasing same brand.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I love my Dirt Devil. I've been using this vacuum for 6+ years. It has come with me for the past 3 apartments I've been in. It sucks up almost everything. I've tried others but nothing compares to the price and durability of it.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I owned (2) small dirt Devils over over the past years, bought them to clean my motor home and a small shop. Used them in my home more more than the previous mentioned locations. To this day, I still have one and primarily use it to vacuum carpet under the dining room table, bathroom, etc..

Original review: April 28, 2021

We purchased a Dirt Devil purple pet vac. Model Model # UD70187. From the first moment we plugged it in we began getting shocks. At first we assumed it was static until it continued repeatedly. We had to wear rubber gloves and if the hose tapped our leg, shocked. I have never experienced anything like it. We contacted Dirt Devil and provided information then we're to to write item number on the vac and cut the cord and send a photo. Then we were told to chose another off the site under $100. I did so and then was told after it leaves the warehouse it would be 7-10 days. I said 'sarcastically', "Do you provide a cleaning service for a family of 7 while we wait." I was told no. I said I believe after being sold a product like that we should not have to wait that long. The response was, "We don't offer expedited shipping." Very turned off.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

My first review mentioned the belt breaking after first use. After getting another belt it clogged easy. They said the review didn't meet their rules. They could try sending a belt but thanks to this experience we got a Dyson.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I bought the Dirt Devil BD22050 for about $55 and within about 9 months the brush bar failed. They advised it is NOT covered by the warranty and it is $31.52 + 6.50 s&h for a replacement. Ripoff: What fool would pay that for the plastic roller when you can buy the whole machine for $55.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I love this vacuum. It picks up easily and quickly. I am pleased with how this vacuum operates. Love it and my carpet do too. ???? Happy customer. I got my vacuum 2 days before the date I was promised, I was thankful because I really needed it ASAP.

Original review: May 15, 2020

The 360 Reach one I have is very light and especially great for touch-up and stairs. It also separates to just the canister and a small nozzle. And that is great to get into the notches of carpeted stairs.

Original review: May 14, 2020

My vacuum cleaner is lightweight and clean great. It is a Dirt Devil small size for my small apartment. I don't need a large vacuum cleaner, because this fellow works great, picks up the dirt and dirt grime and hair. I don't need to buy bags, because I only have to empty the bin and replaced it.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I bought the bargain basement DustBuster plug in, no attachment, handheld from my local Walmart five months ago. I didn't expect much and it delivered less. Only inertia and a lack of wanting to spend more on a slightly nicer vacuum has kept me from getting rid of this one. It isn't too powerful on my rugs. I often have to go over the same crumbs twice to pick them up. 1/2 dried leaves completely foil this vacuum. Small pebbles don't even think about it. The cleaning of the bag requires an outdoor disposal because lots of shaking is involved. Not a good investment.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The product works extremely well, and we use it to vacuum our house as if it were a full sized one. We have a cat who sheds all over and we've never had an issue with the vacuum having any problems. I gave the warranty a 3 because I chose not to use it due to the great price we got on the vacuum. So it wasn't a bad warranty, it just wasn't necessary.

Original review: May 11, 2020

My upright Dirt Devil, originally purchased five years ago at Canadian Tire for a great price, has performed very well. Once, just once, it tripped an internal fuse (my fault for not emptying it). Easy to tote or push around. Best I've had!

Original review: May 10, 2020

It works pretty well. Great deal. Pick up pretty good. Wish it had more accessories. I would recommend it if you don't have a lot of money to spend on a vacuum. It's quiet not too loud. Light-weight, easy to operate and clean.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Purchased based on reputation but have found the quality to not be nearly the same as my previous vacuum. The lever to move from upright to vacuum the floors is very difficult to press and to get the vacuum to change position. The power lever is overly sensitive. Advertised it does not lose power even when full -- IT DOES LOSE Power.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Have a lift off and it's difficult to put back together. It's useful on low pile carpet. It's lightweight, which is helpful on stairs. It's quiet. I prefer the vacuum power of my full size Dyson but it's very heavy for hauling up and downstairs.

Original review: May 7, 2020

The motor on my Dirt Devil Vacuum is virtually indestructible. I love its portability and lightweight. For anyone who doesn't want to buy a new vacuum cleaner year after year, Dirt Devil is the most reliable and the power of the motor on rugs and bare floors is amazing.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I love my Dirt Devil vacuum. My vacuum has never failed me. It picks up dirt, debris without issues. The attachments are great. I am able to suck out dirt in small tight spaces. My mother always bought Dirt Devils, so I have followed her lead.

Original review: May 5, 2020

There is very little suction. You almost have to hand feed the dirt to the Dirt Devil. Upholstery tool broke, the hose fell out of its housing. My 15 year old Hoover I got rid of had better suction. Do not trust a Dirt Devil.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I have put a number of vacuums to the test. I'm not your be gentle while vacuuming type. I bet in my 25 yrs of marriage I have had 50 or more vacuums. Dirt Devil has always been there for my family's mess!

Original review: May 3, 2020

Does not have the power that my past vacuum cleaners have had. Very cheap in construction too. Dirt Devil was always touted as a very powerful machine. The attachments are flimsy and the handling of the vacuum is not smooth.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Vacuum does a good job of picking up dirt, dust and almost anything you want. It is reasonably quiet and easy to move around. It is reasonably easy to clean and is small enough to stash out of the way.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Very easy to unpack and assemble. Good for small to reach places. And easy to carry up and down the stairs. Very lightweight. Not too loud when using. Which I really like. Very easy to remove the canister and pop back in.

Original review: April 29, 2020

My Dirt Devil vacuum is a great value for the money. The dirt bin is very easy to empty. The filters are very easy to clean. Replacement of the filters was very inexpensive at $8 delivered from Amazon. The hoses come off quickly enough for yearly cleaning. I have owned the machine for 3 years and use it every other day. And I'm still utilizing the original hoses with no leaks at the connectors. My only complaint he is with the attachable vacuum head. Shortly after purchasing the vacuum the attachable head began to make a squealing sound and the brush did not turn properly. Being a mechanic for 35 years I saw the problem. I opened it and put a pinch of bearing grease on the shaft ends to cure the problem. Of course not everybody can do that. Which is why I gave four stars on the attachments.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Bought the vacuum because it was a decent price and looked like the best quality for the price. It works fairly well, it's just heavy and I'm a small lady. I'd love a great vacuum cleaner that isn't 200 pounds and vacuums carpet and can also shampoo or clean hardwood floors.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I like my vacuum because it is lightweight. It is easy to take up and down stairs. It picks up dirt well. It's easy to turn on and off. Cleanup is easy to do. It is not super noisy. Finally, the attachments make vacuuming easier.

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners Company Information