1.14/5
  • 1 star
Based on 130 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

1097 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Middle of September we financed a king size platform bed set from Conn's on Ridgeway. Being that our bedroom is small we had to remove the furniture and make room for our delivery and set up. The set exceeded $3000 not including interest. Around the end of November we noticed the head of mattress was beginning to sink and wasn't level with rest of mattress. We lifted mattress to find that the wooden boards used to support the platform were not evenly distributed from front to back, but also the legs were not screwed into the boards. The boards only went from around middle of bed to the foot and when we attempted to spread them out correct, the legs just fell off not even screwed into the boards.

After calling customer service and holding for 1/2 hour I was told all they can do is put in a service call. Someone will contact me within 48 hours just to SCHEDULE an appointment when one is available for repair or replacement. No compensation for the fact my brand new bed isn't even stable enough to sleep in for who knows how long. Very dissatisfied with this entire situation... not to mention there isn't even another bed in our home for us to sleep. I have attached pics of how we found our "set up" $3000 bed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

There's nothing worse than going thru a flood... and East Texas took the brunt of this storm with all the force imaginable! Everyone here either lost everything or had a family member or friend that did. We were unfortunate and lost quite a bit. Sadly we were still paying on several items from Conn's and they have been horrible in their dealings with us! I cannot say one nice thing and that's unusual for me. I try to find a kind word or a reason but there's nothing to find in this fiasco that was kind or just. We had an Alienware 17i gaming laptop which retails for approximately $2000.00 and a LG Dishwasher retailing for approximately $900.00. We had paid diligently, no interest was our goal, and we were getting ready to pay off early when the storm hit.

We lost those items as well as many others due to water damage. After photographing and sending the pictures of the damaged items to Conn's insurance, we were eventually notified they would pay off the balance. It was a relief because we had been having issues with their payment dept saying we had lost our no interest and now had another 1000 dollars added to our account on one item and 500 to the other!!!! Even though we had let them know about the flood and our intention to pay off both items in total! It made no sense!!!! We have been Conn's customers for over 11 yrs and ALWAYS PAY OF EARLY!!! It wasnt like we were just spouting off things we couldnt prove or that we'd never done before! Needless to say our lump sum we get every year was behind due to the storm and we couldnt get it to them due to this fact.

Did Conn's care? NOOO! Not one whit!!!! SO hearing they were finally going to take the responsibility owed to a good customer was a relief to hear. Sadly it was a ruse of some sort because we got a letter in the mail and several phone calls asking why we hadnt made our delinquent payments... Delinquent payment??? WHAT? Ok now I'm confused, angry and not understanding what who or why they determined we were behind if it was paid off due to Harvey/insurance coverage. Now they are saying they need a sales receipt (if you know I owe you how you cannot have access to that is unreal) and we are going to be given the items lost and must reinstate payments with the ADDED INTEREST!!! Seriously??? Are you kidding me???

I'm fighting this. I hope they know! I've never seen a corporation so callous or cold hearted to people in my LIFE! I am appealing this and taking it as high as I can. Hope everyone knows it's dangerous to deal with Conn's... All they care about is gimme gimme gimme... You won't have anything to GET if you dont start treating your customers better. I'm absolutely DONE with Conn's and I was a loyal customer...WAS! SMH>Disgusted in Port Arthur Texas.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Worst company ever! Do not let them fool you. Beware, Conn's is a scam. Very undertrained people esp the "managers"; Temple, Miguel, Angel, Sycceri, they promise you one thing to only drag their feet then say too much time has passed. Nothing but a greedy ** show. DO NOT BUY FROM CONN'S! They will screw you one way or the other! Do not shop there. Stick with the honest companies. Conn's is a very greedy dishonest company. Delivered a damaged washer & refuse to take it back.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I went to the Conn's store in Chandler AZ. I was just looking around at different places to find living room furniture, and found the perfect set I wanted. Mike helped us out and made the process quick and easy. I got my furniture the same day with low monthly payments. Very happy with that store I plan to return and get a refrigerator. They have A huge selection of stuff to choose from. Thank You Conn's.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Purchased a TV from Conn's and financed at a high interest rate to help build my credit, For 3 years I've paid on time with no issues and currently missed one payment which happens to be my very last payment for the TV to be paid off due to being hospitalized from surgery. They have called my phone 38 times in a 6 hr period every day for the last 3 weeks even after explaining my situation and requesting they stop calling while I'm at work... And mind you this would be my last payment. I finally get paid on Friday and will pay this TV off and never purchase another thing from Conn's ever again after this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I was approved for I believe it was $3500 line of credit. I bought a mattress and box springs that I have no issues with. I paid on it for 2 years and was approved for a additional line of credit. I got a living room set that I have no issues with. But when it came to the finances no one told me they would be refinancing the mattress and box springs along with the new purchase. I called and complained and got nowhere. Now I am stuck paying on this until 2019. I have been a loyal customer and when we were hit with hurricane Harvey I was reported as being delinquent to the credit bureau when in fact I made my payment and made IN TIME.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Conn's sales rep, store manager and delivery manager are by far the most incompetent group of people I had the unpleasant worst buying experience from a major department store. They are dishonest great liars, very unorganized when It comes to a delivery date which was reschedule 4 times, my case # ** is pending review. I feel that I was Con by Conn's!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

We went to Conn's thinking we were getting a good deal. We bought 2 TVs a 55 in and a 65 in. We got the extra insurance that they suggested. We had the TVs about a week the 55 in went out so we called Conn's. They said call the insurance company so we did. They said they would send a repairman out. Well 3 days later we finally got a call from the repairman. He said he would have to come get the tv and it would be 3 to 4 weeks to see if it can even get repaired. So I called Conn's. They said there's nothing they can do. I thought you at least got a 30 day in-store warranty but guess not with Conn's. Bad customer service. I really see a lawsuit coming for this company. I hope everybody posting a review sue them. They are so wrong. Worst place ever.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

On August 29, 2017 we were flooded by Hurricane Harvey. After we took care of our immediate needs we started calling to see if our creditors would help out. I called Conn's on 9-6-17 to see if they would move the Sept/Oct/ and possibly the November payment to the end of the loan without adding the interest. We had the "no interest" if paid by a 12-15-17. I knew this and this was our goal. I asked if this would affect that and was assured that it would not. I also scheduled to have a repairman come out because the washer was not running correctly (we had a foot of water). The repair guy come out on the 8th and said that it was running fine and he would turn the repair slip in.

The next day I went to wash a load of clothes and the washer was not working. Called again - they could not send one out because they needed to close out the ticket, so I had to wait for 2 days before I could schedule another repair. New schedule was 9-13-17, so now we are taking nasty flood water laundry to the Washateria spending a minimum of $40 a week. The repair guy comes out on the 13th and said that they were ruined by the flood and we had to submit an insurance claim. Which I did that very day. I called the next week and they were processing my claim. 9-29-17 I went into the Conn's store to see what the deal was.

After calling from Conn's to Conn's insurance I could come back the next week and finally get my washer and dryer. No upgrade. Just wanted the same as before. I had to actually go into the store to re-order my appliances. Went in order, but they could not deliver for 3-5 days. We decided we would go to the warehouse and pick up the appliances, it's an hour away from our house. Got to the warehouse and they had us 2 WASHERS, no dryer. The warehouse could not fix this problem so we had to go back to the original store and get them to order us a dryer. Got to the store but they could not do it until the next day because the insurance department was closed.

I am still pretty calm at this time because I know the effect this flood has had on people - we were living the nightmare. Went back the next day to order my dryer and they would deliver it the next day - we got the dryer. They did not hook it up because you could not get to where the dryer needed to be - when you flood everything has to go in strange places. The next day my husband hooks it up and it sounds like a dinosaur! This was on October 16th. The next week I get a letter in the mail stating that the pay off will be $257.00.

Well guess what happens in November. I get a phone call that my payment is late and that I need to call them. I call and they state that I am late on my payment and that they are now going to have to add the interest to my loan. WHAT!?! No, this was not what I was told, the customer service girl said that because it extended my loan that it changed. So I asked if there was anything I could do, she submitted a letter to Conn's to see if, due to the circumstance they could reinstate the "no interest" policy.

She said I would get a letter in the mail - never got the letter. Called today and they said that I was denied the reinstatement because I was late on my payments. I told them to look because I was NOT late. Due to flooding etc... etc... all we wanted was to use every penny possible until we could get back into our house. Only the people that have been displaced from their home know how stressful and devastating this is. I was calm and nice this entire time - until today. I finally got a hold of a "manager" and that was a joke, she could not answer any of my questions, they do what they can to take everyone for their money.

So instead of paying off my loan in December I know have an extra $800 of interest I have to pay. I know that there are other people dealing with this same issue. There were too many of us flooded. This is MORALLY wrong, we did not want anything free, we did not want upgrades, I never got angry when I got 2 washers. I recommended them to several people. I immediately called them and told them what happened. I will tell everyone I possibly can about them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I was called the night before delivery date and told delivery would take place the next day between 12pm-3:30pm. At 4:10pm I called because I'd not heard from Conn's. At that time I was told the delivery truck had a flat tire and I'd be called when in route. The delivery man called at 5:17pm. Said he was at 1 house before mine and would be here in 20-25 mins. I've waited ALL DAY. And no one seemed to have any sense of urgency about this matter. They are the worst! If I'd not already promised my current refrigerator to someone, I'd refuse the delivery. I think their name CONN'S is so befitting.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

This company is the worst I have ever dealt with! The customer service is zero and the staff has no clue what they are doing. I had scheduled payments to pay off finally my purchase. Once I was done I received a call that there is a balance of 27.30 USD and I told the lady to process it like the last payment as I was driving when they called or I would schedule it on the 30th. She said she can't use the known details to schedule but it is fine for me to schedule. Today on the 25th I see that Conn’s reported my account delinquent… Thanks Conn’s!! My promise to you: Never ever again! I just paid the balance, maybe tomorrow one of these specialists calls me again about a balance but then they can deal with my lawyer!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased an LG 55" television last December. The unit failed November 1, 2017. It took a week for the repair tech to show up. It has been a constant battle with Conn's over the repair. First parts they ordered were back ordered and two weeks before the tech showed up with the parts. It did not fix the TV. More parts were ordered. I was told the parts would arrive the 21st and the TV would be fixed in time for the holiday. Now I am being told the parts are not going to arrive until the 22nd and will not be repaired in time for the holiday. I will have a house full of guest who are expecting to watch the games and cannot unless I purchase another television for that purpose. 4 times I requested a replacement of the television and 4 times I was told no because it was under warranty. Each time the blame was put back on LG instead of taking care of a customer. This is extremely poor customer service. I cannot in good faith recommend Conn's.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

They have no trouble finding you when your payments are due but need service and they can’t find you in their system. I will not make another payment until we get service. I do not recommend Conn's at all.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Needed a new mattress set so I applied for a Conn's credit, I was approved, so I purchased what I thought was a mattress set. I told both sales associates that I had my own bed frame, then I received a coupon in my email for 10% discount go til 10/31/17. So I go back to Conn's to take my proof of homeowner’s insurance, then gave them the coupon from my phone and to get a paper copy of my contract and receipt. They couldn't pull up at that time so they were suppose to mail me a copy, that was 10/10/17. Because I couldn't pull it up on my tablet, they wouldn't honor the coupon and I still haven't received a paper copy of my contract, so I fax the coupon to them on 10/31/17 before it expired. Called The store 11/9/17. Spoke to sales associate Alan. He claims there's nothing he can do and spoke to supervisor told me she was sending me a copy that day.

I call Customer service. They tell me that there was nothing in her system that a copy was to be sent out and she was going to send a copy, and that they wasn't going to honor the coupon. And my balance was $2,502, which I responded, “No my balance is 1,700, and some change", her name Amelia. Today is the day for my 1st payment 11/15/17, and I still haven't received a copy of my contract. I told Alan and Demetrius that I couldn't afford $1599, for mattresses let alone 2,500 for a bed. I'm on disability, my payments are 117.07 for 13 months which I felt I could pay off in 12 months, so I didn't know where they got 2502 from. Why haven't I received a copy of my contract. They know they made a mistake with my order and I feel they trying to doctor my contract to say I agreed to pay $2502, and I didn't.

I agreed to pay $1599+ tax and insurance, and I took proof of insurance and it suppose to be deducted from total. I have no paperwork saying one way or the other. This customer # ** is suppose to allow me to download my contract but I can't pull it up and no corporation from Conn's. I cannot make a payment, that would say I agreed to pay 2502, for a mattress set, that's not true."

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

In July 2016 we decided to buy a new washing machine, and because we wanted to build our credit we decided to go to Conn's. At first the sales person was really nice but explained that if we wanted free delivery and no interest for a year that we would have to buy the dryer also. I explained that we didn't want to get that far in debt, when he told us we could just pay it off with our income tax. We debated it for quite some time but sales person finally convinced us. After filling out all of the paperwork and my signing them he went back to enter them in the computer and had some issue, told us that he had to reprint the forms so we didn't think about it just resigned.

A few months later while making a online payment I noticed that the amount had not gone down at all and that we were being charged interest. We went into the store numerous times and were finally explained that the code on the bill of sale had the code for interest. We were steaming but after a few months we just kept making our payments. In May 22 2017 we went into the Colorado Springs store to make our payment and since they screwed us once I make sure that I always get a receipt and list of all payments and payoff amount with every payment. In June 2017 We noticed that the May 22nd payment was not listed on the list of payments. When we went back in again they told us to just not worry it will show up.

We spoke to management and they stated that they will call corporate and would get back to us, but that didn't happen. At one point they determined that a former employee had stole the money and put on the receipt that we decided not to make a payment. Which is kind of funny because we have NEVER missed a payment. We have been going back once a month discussing this matter with management and each time they say they will take care of it. After getting tired of getting the run around from the management at the store we decided to call corporate, after speaking to them they stated that we needed the receipt and bank statement to them with we did on 10/16/2017.

I called several times and keep getting different answers, one time I was told that I had to mail a full copy of our May bank statement without my account number not blocked out (which I was not crazy about considering we have already had money stolen from Conn’s) but we were told that they can't do anything without the information. So on 10/31/2017 we faxed all the information that they asked for. They keep promising me that they will take care of it or will call us back but never do. To date they still haven't credited our account for the amount of the payment or the interest charged. We will never use this Company again for any reason.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

This company has been the worse. My furniture and appliances that were purchase from Conn's were all flooded out when Harvey hit. I called Conn's to let them know that I would be filing an insurance claim. My payment was due a week after Harvey. Although I made that call about the storm and all of my items were damaged, they called me every day asking me for payment. THEY ARE DISGUSTING. I WILL NEVER EVER buy anything from again. The calls were bordering on harassment. Every day. I would tell the representative to check the notes and stop calling me since I have an insurance claim being processed. UNBELIEVABLE.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Conn’s are conn artist - Anyone who wishes to be heard due to poor satisfaction with Conn’s please send all complaints to **. Maybe we can all come together and make more happen since they won’t willingly be responsible for their poor services. 200+ people can’t all be lying about this and yet you can’t find anyone’s email in corporate to relay the message. Let’s get these complaints to blogs with voices that’s louder than our individual ones’.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I purchased over $6000.00 worth of living room furniture from Conn’s. They destroyed my driveway with oil and told me to use paint thinner to clean it up. I have $20,000 worth of brand new driveway in my brand new home ruined. The furniture they shipped out was totally torn up. I sent it all back and it took over a month to get them scheduled to come back. I had already made two payments before I had all of my pieces. I paid this furniture off within 6 months of my two-year term. I made my payoff payment Oct 29, 2017 and it posted to my bank the following day. It has now been 9 days of my phone ringing every 30 minutes with collection calls. I am beyond frustrated and am told that it could take a while to clear out of the system. I have now been charged late fees on top of my pay off because the account is showing it hasn't been paid for the Oct. 27th payment. This company is definitely what their name states! "Conns."

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

BEWARE: I was told interest starts on the balance at the end of the 12th month. Now 2 loans are $1700. More than they could have been. Salesman lied to me. My other 2 loans were paid in full before the 12th month, and I was not charged any interest — but I had to get CORPORATE MAIL ME THE BALANCE DUE. I had to fight to get exact balance so I would not be charged any interest. Also — if your contract is signed on the 1st of the month, but your billing date is the 15th, as they will give you, you MUST pay off the 12th payment by the 1st or you get charged interest for the entire year. Crooks!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I should have read the reviews before dealing with Conn's!!! Two payments were made to Conns within two days. I realized it on the third day and called Conn's, they looked it up in the computer and seen that I only owed one payment but they had to review it which takes 24-72 hours, 24 hours go by I call and started getting more and more lies the more I called. 72 hours went by the same stories. One week went by and by now I'm talking with the resolution department which lied to me as well I told them that they took some of my rent money out of my account, but they didn't care even tho they took a double payment which they know I only owed one payment.

Now I have to pay the extra $106.00 that they took plus a $50 late fee on my rent which I have never been late for living here for 3 years now. I have put in a claim with the BBB against this company and will never do business with them again. If I had the money I would take them to court. All they were doing was trying to keep my money and tell me, "Well your bill is due again so we will put it towards your payment." This is a scam, bad business and I hope everyone reads Conns reviews before dealing with them!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

On September 6, 2017 is when I called the service department of Conn's Home Plus service department for a spot on my 55" Sony L.C.D Television screen that I wasn't responsible for, and I received a visit from the technician on the 15th of that month and I was told to me that I wasn't going to get a repair and I would have to get a new television, I got back in touch with the service department of Conn's Home Plus service 7 days after to see when I would be able to get a new television and they sent the technician again for the same thing, to take pictures of the spot. I was told to me by the service department of Conn's a week after that to wait 7 more days, and they're giving me the same excuse every time I call to wait 7 days, and that I just need to get some pictures of the television. And here it is Nov 2 and I don't have any results from my service order.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I've never seen a business that never wants to accommodate their customers. It seems as though they're only concerned with collecting their money. I WILL NOT USE or RECOMMEND ANYONE to Conn's in this life or the afterlife, because they have no regard for their customers! If I hear anyone say Conn's I'm going to instantly let them know that I wouldn't advise them to do so!! I can remember that it was time to pat my bedroom set off with the 12 months same as cash option.

Unfortunately, I had a death in my family, and had to use the funds to pay off my bedroom set to assist with funeral expenses. I asked Conn's to give me one additional month to pay off the set. Do you think they tried to accommodate me in any way? Hell no!! I was simply to if I couldn't pay it off as scheduled that I would have to pay the full price which was an additional $3000.00. I was so mad because I was a customer that never missed a payment or was I ever late! I hate Conn's!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

BUYER PLEASE BEWARE! My mother purchased a refrigerator on Sept 9th delivered on Sept 10th 2017. Stop cooling on September 11, 2017. Call the store to inquiry about replacing the refrigerator. Was told to contact service. A tech came out to access the situation and we were told a part was needed. As of today September 26, 2017 no part and not new refrigerator. If you are thinking about purchasing anything from Conn's I wouldn't. The customer service is not helpful and the store location is not there after you sign for purchased.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

This was the worst experience I have ever had purchasing anything. From the salesperson not following up when there was a problem (and he said he would), to the product being damaged, to the delivery company messing my delivery up MULTIPLE times, to the credit company spelling my name wrong on my account and wanting ME to jump through hoops to fix it, to a horrible website for managing your account... I just cannot express my disdain for this company. I will NEVER EVER purchase anything from them again. Do yourself a favor and go to Lowe's or Living Spaces!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I am very displeased with the professionalism of Conn’s Furniture appliances service worker. This particular worker that I had the privilege to meet one of their serviceman who appeared to have no knowledgeable of his job. Red flag number one, they told me he will call between 10 -11 am on 10/10/2017. Never heard from him. I had to call the company at 4:00 pm to ask about his arrival, they call him. Said the he’s running late. That it will be around 6:00 pm. I call again around 6:30. He said he is in his way, he didn’t get here until 8:30 pm. He gets out the van and instead of grabbing his tools he grabbed his Vapor machine (you know for smokers who are trying to quit smoking).

Red flag number two, he asked me what was wrong with the machine. And when I told him the problem he asked me how would I fix? I told him I don’t know, but if it was up to me I would take off the panel and look inside to see what was going on with the Washing machine. He looked at me and said, "That sounds like a good Idea." When he reach down to get his tools that when he realized that he grab his “vapor machine” instead of grabbing his tools. Red flag number three, he said, "I know what to do. I would call my friend or father - in - law who is an electrician. He can give me advice on what to do." After he left I called and reported him and told the service department about my experience with their employee and how I would appreciate if they would send me a different serviceman out because I feel uncomfortable with this guy working on my machine.

Well the part came back one week later, (I call them. They did not call me to let me know that the part was in or when the serviceman would be out here). Anyway they told, "Yes we have the parts and the serviceman would be out there weds," and would call me between 10-11 am to let me know when he would show up. Well as you can Imagine the same thing happen again like on 10/10/2017. But this time a whole day went pass and I haven’t heard anything so I call the company again and ask WHERE IS HE? They responded, "Oh he broke his toe and he won’t be out there until Friday." Well it’s Friday. Still haven’t heard from him, I call the company, they call him and can’t get a hold of him, SO MUCH FOR CONN’S TOP NOTCH SERVICE???

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Several times I asked sales person at physical store if I could provide my declaration of property insurance at anytime right? At one point I took a closing costs form and it was the incorrect form. I am a new homeowner, I didn't know. Each time I asked, I was told yes anytime. So I went to pay off my account and finally was able to provide declaration form figuring I will get the discount at that point, I was told it will take up to 2 weeks for the discount to be adjusted.

But my issue was, my no interest for a year was up in 2 weeks and I asked if I could be guaranteed that I wouldn't have to pay interests if it took longer than 2 weeks to be adjusted. I was told you better pay off account and then they will reimburse you. I paid off account. I called customer service and spoke to manager regarding status, to be told that I will not get a reimbursement due to I PAID ACCOUNT before providing declaration of property insurance. Which is not true. I will no longer do business with this company, their communication skills are not good! And their customer service is horrendous!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I made a purchase for a Washer & Dryer and the next day wanted to exchange it for a different one. I was told at that time it would be a $200+ restocking fee. And that the fee would need to be paid before they would pick up/deliver a new set. Keep in mind most major reputable retailers offer free exchanges. Less than 24 hours I had the product and I couldn't exchange it without shelling out more money. Right. So I went to the BBB and they said, "Sorry. We cannot help you." In addition to that, when I called their support line they were unhelpful as well. I asked if the fee would be waived and was told no. On top of all that, while I was waiting for a resolution, I didn't make a payment.

So the 0% financing given to me was removed from the account. Do yourself a favor. Do not use this retailer. Their predatory practices are expensive. Trust me. It's companies like these that prey on those with less money, lower credit scores, and our consumer dollars should be spent on companies who have transparent practices. Not, "Oh, you signed this when you made the purchase." Oh, you mean the hundred and one pages on the iPad. Oh yea I totally read that.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I purchased 2 ea twin bed mattress sets earlier this year. On August 11, 2017, I paid my account 1-1/2 years early, in full, per my online statement. Shortly thereafter, I got an text from Conn's stating that although I had paid off MOST of my account, I had a small remaining balance. I immediately called the number listed in the text and was told that my remaining balance was approximately $0.60. I offered to pay the balance by check, go to the local store and pay it, whatever the store representative recommended. He said that he would have the store write off the remaining balance. I told him that I appreciated his courtesy and was told that the 60 cents would be written off in the near future. After that, I continued to receive weekly reminders that I owed Conn's money. I contacted Conn's after each reminder that I received and was always assured that the balance was being written off.

After 1 month of texts from Conn's and telephone calls I was informed that although Conn's was going to write off the 60 cents due, I now owed over $5! But, I was told not to worry about it because the WHOLE balance due would be reduced to -0- when it was written off. Today, 10/13/17, I contacted Conn's again only to be told by the phone representative that I owed $67!!! I told the rep that I DID NOT owe $67 and then immediately called the local Conn's store. The local store told representative me that I owned $11.12 (remember, the initial unpaid balance was 60 CENTS!). I immediately went to the local store and paid the $11.12 to clean the account. I then called the 800 number to inform the representative I had spoken with just an hour earlier that I had gone to the local store and paid my account in full -- $11.12.

At that point I was told by the account representative that my account WAS STILL NOT PAID IN FULL and that I still owed $0.50 -- 50 cents! I then tried to pay the 50 cents using my debit card and was told that Conn's could not accept my card for a 50 cent payment, and that I would have to pay at least $1 to ensure that my account would be paid in full and closed. A 60 cent underpayment, that was NOT written off as promised cost me $12.11 over a 2 month period -- from August 11 - October 13, 2017. What a RIP! I would not recommend anyone using Conn's Credit. They can't even get their payoff right and all of this occurred within a 30 minute time period from being told that I was paying off my account in full by the local store to being told that I still owed another 50 cents by the accounting department!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Anyone out there do business with Conn's be aware that the interest free financing is **. They arbitrarily add charges to your bill, then cannot tell you what it is for. They cannot even give you a payment record. It is a complete ripoff. I will never do business with these shady son of guns again. They used to be a fine company. Now, they are complete crooks. I have paid off a 24 month account in 10 months and there are over 100 dollars in unaccounted for charges.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Conn's offered me a 0 percent interest rate which I was pleased with. However, I had a life event and was late with my payment by 12 days. They changed the apr to 20%. If you are even one day late they call you at least 15 times per day from different numbers. Their customer service and warranties are absolutely worthless.

Conn's Appliances Company Information