1.07/5
Based on 144 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Last updated: April 24, 2018

1159 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2018

Never again will I buy from Conn's. First time I paid a lot for what they said leather couches and before the year they start ripping. Insurance dont cover. It starts losing the foam. Looks flat. Insurance do not covers. It is not worth adding insurance or buying from them at all. 3yrs with couches now and they look like I had them for yrs. Conn's start selling good quality or stop lying to customers about what they're buying.

Original review: April 19, 2018

When I purchased the flat screen they tried to sell me a warranty I said no. When I got my coupon book it was higher than my purchase. I soon received a letter stating they purchased an insurance policy for me. I did not need one. I have homeowners insurance. Manager "Caleb" refused to take it off. I kept calling 5 different numbers they hung up on me. I contacted the insurance company they said I will not get a full refund. So... Conn's does this to a million people. They make 99 million dollars and no one was ever asked, "Do you need insurance?" This is the swamp that needs draining. I will never buy another item and recommend you all watch your contracts and payment totals!!! I will take this to court as a matter of decency!!! Oh and they just don't care. Just hang up on the person. They were sucking up to to buy the products. I rate them -5 on a scale from 1-10, pssst.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Stay far far away from Conn's because they truly live up to their name. I purchased an LG refrigerator from them almost 2 years ago with the service warranty. In this time I have had repairman out 6 times for the same issue. Ice maker will make maybe 1 drop of ice per day and the unit does not stay cold enough to do its job. Kids popsicle was not fully frozen in 24hr time. Ice maker replaced twice, compressor and motherboard replaced once. Conn's refusing to replace the refrigerator. If there is any class action suit against Conn's Home Plus I would be more than happy to provide my information.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We bought a King Sealy mattress and box spring from Conn's in Avondale, Arizona. We have had the mattress about 6 months and are having issues with one side sinking really bad. I called and set up a service call for 3/23/18. A tech came out to our home around 5 pm, took pictures and measurements and advised us it was the box spring (which you can clearly see it sunk in one spot). The tech advised us we would not get a call back regarding the warranty till 72 hours later since it was a weekend. We were OK with that and waited till the following Wednesday.

When we had not received a call We called Customer service only to find out they show the appointment was re-scheduled and NO TECH was sent to our home. When we started questioning who the guy was that was in my master bedroom taking pictures of my bed we got no answers only that a new service call would have to be placed. Mind you this is after being transferred between Customer Service and Furniture 12 times and 2 managers later.

A new service call was set up for 4/10/18 from 3-6 pm. Come 5 pm and still no tech. We called to find out what was going on and was told by a customer service rep that they could not see where or when the tech would be out just that one was scheduled for us between 3-6 pm. Since the furniture department closes at 5 pm Texas time we would have to call back in the AM to get an answer as to why they never showed up. After 4 weeks more than 30+ calls and 4 managers later we are told that the appointment has to be rescheduled a third time due to "Family Emergency". We give up. We would not recommend Conn's to anyone. Honestly it's a SCAM! One of the worst companies I have ever purchased from. We have never had this kind of service (if you can even call it service). RUN, DON'T BUY. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO BUY.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I wish there a negative star on this system because this company needs to be shut down. I went to buy a tv, washer and dryer and they said to me the loan was 24 month but somehow the guy wrote it down for 34 month. On top of that I’ve been making payments towards this and it seems that they were not applying the payments towards my loan at all. Then I found out that there was $100 hidden loan fee. AND YES PEOPLE they can called a hidden fee of $100 dollars, which was I never even saw in the contract and the rep never even mentioned. If this review can help someone else to not buy from this store I have help to save a someone from headaches.

I really do hope this business runs to the ground. Because they a are thieves that make sign contract by making it seem like you getting a deal. Also it is bull crap that they give 0 interest for 2 years. Note they will say you are approved get you to come into the store and pick something out and when you sit down with them they will tell unfortunately you credit came back with some problems and need to go with another plan if you wish. Then they start pitching the loan in a manner that makes it seem like you're not going to end up paying much interest like 15 to18% they said and when contract is printed then it's up to 29%. Not only do they do that but charge you a so called hidden fee and that is exactly what they call it a hidden of 100$ for processing the loan. Which they don’t even mention or tell you about when you are signing. I will try my best to find the money to pay this off but I hope others are not as dumb as I have been.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator & stove from Conn's HomePlus on the promotional 12 months same as cash in May of 2017. My monthly payments are currently $83.91 which I paid every month for 9 months, the 10th month I paid $200 and this month I paid $500, the incompetent representative told me my balance was $1300 and could not explain why. The amount financed was only $1726.00. I requested to speak with a supervisor (India) who was absolutely worse than the first agent! Run. Don't walk far away from these people!!! "Advertising is the act or practice of attracting public notice and attention. It includes all forms of public announcement that are intended to aid directly or indirectly in the furtherance or promulgation of an idea, or in directing attention to a business, commodity, service or entertainment."

Original review: April 6, 2018

Bought a Samsung dryer /washer approx 8-9 mos. ago with a warranty for an extra cost. The dryer broke down in Jan and I have had Conn's tell me they came to fix it and never showed, (I have cameras on my house). Conn's technician completely no-show, been late by more than an hour on numerous occasions, say they are going to call me back with a resolution and never did. Stop contact with me completely for approx 1 month. At that time I contacted my cc company to dispute the charges even though I had paid off every bit I owed on time except the remaining 500$ which I was told to not pay until the cc dispute was resolved. At this point it was approx day 45 of the 60 days they have to respond to the dispute. I randomly started receiving and being flooded with technicians showing up randomly, text message confirmations/emails (the day of and the day after) for appointments I never scheduled and had no idea existed.

Approx 3 days after the 4th technician showed up unexpectedly in an unmarked vehicle while I was at work I received a letter stating that Conn's had tried to resolve the issue so I can't dispute the charges. It has been almost 4 mos with no dryer. Approx 500$ a hassle beyond my already hectic life as a single mother trying to just survive. And to top it all off I have to worry about bed bugs for the next year because I've been using the laundromat. To date I have no dryer and the washer is on recall and I tried to do the safe right thing to avoid this!!!! I bought a warranty!!!! For God's sake "Conn's" is the biggest "conn" I've ever seen and tried to deal with in my whole 32 years of living!!! I have every ounce of proof of every statement above in case anyone doubts my real-life nightmare and would be happy to share it with any and everyone. Do not use Conn's. You will be conned.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I purchased a stove 1 year ago, while cooking I heard a loud pop! It scared me because I didn't know what caused it, I was scared to even turn it off. But I did. I didn't notice anything right away so I left the burner off and proceeded to use the opposite side. When the left burner heated up I then heard a cracking noise and noticed a crack going down my glass top stove. Of course I called Monday, the following business day after Easter Sunday and made a service request. Needless to say, I immediately received the runaround, being given the excuse that the extended warranty I purchased does not cover the repair of the glass and when the tech came out he said there was nothing he could do. Told me to call the mfr GE. Of course GE said they don't honor the extended warranty and would not be able to help either.

So now I have a stove that I can't cook on. The customer service manager told me (mind you this is on a recorded line) I could cancel my warranty if I wanted to. I should not have been sold the warranty if it doesn't cover the repairs of the appliance in the first place. CONN'S ARE A CON. After reading all the complaints from all the customers that purchase from this establishment, it's a wonder they are still in business. I plan on reporting them to the BBB. I told them to come pick up their appliance because I'm not interested in keeping anything that I can't use that they won't repair.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I purchased a refrigerator and a washer and dryer, one week after purchase the refrigerator broke and I called Conn's, who said a repairman would be at my home between 8 and 12. At 1, I called and they said Conn's did not know their schedule and they were rude and said they would be there between 4 and 6. After taking the day off work, they did not have the respect to call and say they were not coming, so I called Conn's the next day and they said I should have purchased the extra warranty, that there was nothing they would do! I will not purchase anything else with this company, and you should not either!

Original review: April 2, 2018

On 3/31/18 I purchased a refrigerator from Conn's Appliance in Lufkin, Texas. Scheduled a delivery for Monday 4/2/18. Confirmed the delivery for 4/2/18 when received message from Conn's. Had to cancel an appointment for Monday so that could be home to accept delivery (because I did not give them 24 hour notice, I had to pay a $50.00 fee). On Monday 4/2/18 at approximately noon I called the Lufkin store and they verified that it would be delivered between 2 and 5 that day. At 4:30 I called the Distribution number (844-894-0717) spoke with a lady named Sasha, who told me it was RESCHEDULED for Wednesday, because I had not confirmed delivery, which I did confirm delivery for Monday 4/2/18.

Asked to speak to her supervisor, spoke with a lady name Leslie, who stated "you did not confirm delivery, so they rescheduled for Wednesday 4/4/18)." She told me that she would called be tomorrow evening to let me know that it would be on the schedule for Wednesday. I advised her that I had appointments for Wednesday and I need to know information sooner than late tomorrow. Stated that that was the best she could do because scheduling is on an automatic system.

Now, I still do not know IF it will be delivered Wednesday, what time (morning or afternoon), I will have to cancel appointments for Wednesday, one of which is for M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, that I have had to wait almost 3 months for. I do not have anyone to be here to accept delivery for me, I need this refrigerator, that is why I bought it. Spoke with Lufkin store manager, and the verified that the delivery WAS schedule for Monday between 2 and 5. He stated he will keep me updated tomorrow just as soon as he finds out. Over the years, I have purchased several appliances from Conn's and was very satisfied with product and service, however if this is the way Conn's will be doing Customer Service in the future, they will be losing sales and customers. All I want is a refrigerator delivered, I am old and have no way to haul it or install it myself, or I would have.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I need service on my Samsung refrigerator’s ice maker. I purchased the refrigerator from Conn’s specifically so I could get service. Now that I need service Conn’s can’t find a record of me buying the refrigerator. No record, no service. I tried to get it straightened out but after a long wait I was passed back and forth between the same two departments each claiming it was the other department's responsibility. Finally the fourth rep I talked to couldn’t find the refrigerator record and then feigned that she couldn’t hear me and hung up after saying I should call back. This is not the first time Conn’s has done this to me with an appliance but it will be the last. No service, no Conn’s.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Conn's has a habit of calling too much. They really harass you to pay the bill. Even after you pay they continue to call. Conn's call from sun up to sun down. It is very annoying. I hate it. I almost want to return the merchandise but I like it. I wish they would stop the harassing phone calls. I pay my bill the same time every month. Never skipped a payment. Ugh. Stop harassing us.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My wife and I had a great experience at Conn's during the sales process... That ended rather quickly. We purchased several items. The item that has caused all the issues is a 65" LG OLED TV... New unopened original packaging... 1st we were told to take the TV (along with a few other smaller items) when we left the store and all the larger items would be delivered. We dropped off the items we took from the store at a rental home then had to leave to go back to our home for a showing (house on the market). Our home is 95 miles away from the rental so we are not there every day...

When I went back to the rental and tried to set up the TV and Blu ray player I found that the TV did not turn on... (standby light was on) It had power but the only thing on the screen was a white/green vertical line that flashed as the TV was turned on or off. It was late and Conn's was closed so I called LG... Spent way too long on the phone but at the end they said call Conn's back and have them replace it... I called Conn's first thing in the morning and was told it had been over 72 hours and they would not replace the TV unless their service department couldn't fix it and determined there was no damage. Needless to say the first appointment for service was 2 weeks out. The sales member set the service appointment and told me the appointment was a week soon than reality...

I found out the correct date and was even more upset with their policies and customer service. I called LG back and had their tech support come out and figure out what's wrong (the entire panel is bad) no damage... Just blown/shorted out front panel. Now I'm still waiting on Conn's to give me a time when they will show up. They call in the am and give you a 2-hour window... (No weekend. Just weekdays) and I love and work at min 2 hours away and can not just take off work. Store manager has no power to help the customer. It's all corporate...

No one at corporate has a spine and can make a decision. Customer service is short rude and condescending. Management from corporate never return messages. CONN'S ARE CONN'S... and for all the hype about 100% satisfaction guaranteed. That's nothing but false advertising... Their "policies" and customer service is set up to be impossible to deal with. It's a joke and Conn's should be ashamed. I for one will let everyone I know what a joke they are. A company is judged by how they handle issues... Not their sales... Or the sales staff... It's far more important to actually stand behind the product you sell and stand behind the consumer who's giving you their money... Conn's has failed to live up to their own advertising of great C/S.

Original review: March 28, 2018

For the past three months every time I call to pay my account I have problems with the system. I usually get disconnected or when I enter my correct information it says it's not correct. I have called for the past three days and today I talked with a representative, I gave him payment instructions and amount to be applied, and before we finished we got disconnected. Not sure if payment got processed or not. When I call back I get someone else. When they call me day after payment due and they transferred me to pay account, I get disconnected. It really sucks. On a good note, employee I talked with was very understanding.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Our washer and dryer conked out on the exact same day in the beginning of February. Called and made arrangements for a tech to come and fix it. Said the soonest they could come was February 19th. Ended up having an opening and sending someone on the 12th. Tech came, rang the doorbell once and left. I called immediately to tell them to send him back. They said they couldn't get in contact with him because he wasn't answering his phone. Put in for a new repair ticket. Said they would send someone 2 weeks later. A new technician comes and says that the washer and dryer can be fixed but he doesn't have the parts. He puts in the order for the parts, comes back a few days later and finds that the company did not order all of the parts so he cannot fix washer.

Asked if he could go ahead and fix dryer and he says that he wants to come back when he gets all the parts. Do it all at once. Finally gets the parts and was supposed to send 2 technicians for the repair and guess what? One calls out sick so the other tech doesn't show either. So it's now March 26th and I haven't been able to use a washer and dryer that I'm still paying for in over a month. Got my wife on the phone with them and she demanded a replacement washer and dryer while ours is being fixed. Of course they said no, the tech has to declare the appliance unfixable. She asked them what are we supposed to do when the technician seems to be the problem. Never, ever buy from here. You'll wait forever trying to get your stuff fixed and they won't do a thing to make it right but they'll still collect your payment.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Purchased a bedroom set and mattress, total cost $3,000. Delivery was at 9:30 at night... Which at night they had me home all day waiting. Said 6 to 9, got here 9:30, then come to find out the next day my dresser is cracked, because they got my signature they will not exchange my dresser because I signed. Never again will I ever purchase anything.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Do Not Buy from Conn’s!!! They provide you with the worst service!!! My couch was deliver broken in half, so I call the service department to get repairs and they didn’t have the tools to do the repairs. So they came out the second time and tried to do the repairs and could not do it correctly and the guy kept stating that this is the way your couch is. Keep in mind my couch is suppose to wobble and cave in. So I called again to have a 3rd person come out and basically he stated whoever came out did not do the job correctly and he would put in a order in to get rescheduled with the right equipment. I had called the Conn’s corporate and they said that they can’t do anything about it because the technician has to declare the couch unrepairable!!! I am frustrated because apparently none of them can do the repair itself. Save you some time and don’t buy a couch here, the communication is horrible and don’t want their customer satisfaction.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Washer and dryer delivered yesterday. Washer sounds like a jackhammer. Dryer has human hair in it and sets on bottom. You couldn't see unless you stand 4 feet away. Shipping call center doesn't care and store managers offer no help. They refuse to replace the equipment. Sending tech out to fix. Keep in mind it's new they say. Contacted the BBB attorney general and will be suing to break contract.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Just moved to a new city and needed a bed. Went to Conn's, started checking out beds and was immediately approached by not one, but two high-pressure salespeople who hovered over me the whole time I was trying each bed. I asked them if I could have time alone to try out the beds, they refused to leave me alone, and continued standing over me as I was laying on each bed. It was completely creepy. I needed a bed though, quickly, and so even though I had a bad feeling, I picked one out and bought it. I used their financing and they added on insurance which increased the price by nearly $1,000. I told them I had my own renters' insurance that would cover the bed, and they still insisted I had to have it but could cancel later if I provided proof of my insurance. A week after I bought the bed, I provided the proof of insurance and they said they would cancel it, and I asked if I would receive anything in writing to confirm it.

They said no, but I could call back in a week and they could verify. So I called back in a week, and they said yes it had been canceled. About a month later, I noticed on my credit report a balance much higher than the purchase price, so I called Conn's and asked why, and they said it was because of the extra insurance. They told me they took it off but didn't. They did have my proof from before, but didn't remove it for whatever reason and they would do it again, but did not want to provide proof that it had been done. Once again they said I could call back in a week to verify. So I told the phone representative I would not make another payment until I had proof, and then magically I received an email confirmation the very next day. They refuse to provide monthly statements so you never know if your payment is credited on time, or what your balance is.

The $2,000 bed I bought is breaking down and falling apart after 1 month. It has a huge lump in the middle with causes me to practically roll out onto the floor at night. It's very uncomfortable, yet they won't do anything about it. They have a zero return policy on mattresses. Do not, I repeat, do not shop at this company, you have been warned. I have complete buyer's remorse and I am disappointed in myself for shopping at this store. Don't make the same mistake I did. Their name is totally appropriate for what they are, professional cons.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I bought furniture, stove, fridge and TV about a year ago. The furniture is already breaking down and coming apart. Called Conn's for service, they scheduled an appointment for someone to call me back. Then I received an email that said at my request the service ticket had been canceled, I did not request the cancellation. I called again on Friday then said they did not have anyone in my area to service the furniture but would have someone call me back by Tuesday. Here it is Friday again and they have not called me back. I have called the OKC store that I purchased from several times and get the runaround. They even put me through to the Manager's voicemail, I haven't received a call back as of now. I will never deal with this company again and suggest you don't either. Communication and customer service are seriously lacking.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I am so disgusted with the service I received. I wish I had looked at the reviews before I made a purchase from Conn's. They are rude and it doesn’t matter that you spent over 7,000 when something isn’t working after 5 months. They can’t even send someone out for over a week. I also asked to speak to a manager. She didn’t answer. I got her voice mail and no shock here she did not call me back. What a horrible place with horrible service. I am definitely upset and unhappy and I will never go there or recommend this place to anyone ever again. Unfortunately I had my friend shop there after I did but never again. Word of mouth is the most powerful advertisement a company can have and I have nothing good to say.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Do not go into Arvada Store. Also do not purchase the delivery. It is a joke and not worth it. They lie and then don’t help when they mess up. The delivery people did stuff they were supposed to do and now I am stuck with a product that doesn’t work. Because I did the Progressive leasing I was treated differently too. So do not go into any of these stores and especially don’t buy the floor models. They don’t give anything with them.The Store manager George is rude.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Last year I bought a MacBook. There's nothing wrong with the product, but I am very dissatisfied with Conn's service. My mom dropped the computer while I was at work, and I sent it in to get it replaced. That was June 2017! They still haven't fixed it! "There's no computer screens available." "You haven't finished paying." "Your insurance isn't valid." I'm overall very angry. Excuse after excuse and I still haven't even gotten my computer back. At this point, I'd rather have them pay me $100 to get the screen replaced myself than have to deal with any more of this bull. ON TOP OF THAT, I've been paying a ton of money for insurance every month WITH Conn's. Never again will I be dealing with them.

Original review: March 15, 2018

BEWARE!!! This store is terrible! My husband and I went in to look at a new range. We were approached by a salesperson within 1 minute of walking into the store. We told the salesperson we were just looking and would find her if we needed help. We were followed and pressured to fill out paperwork. We explained we wanted to look around before filling out any paperwork. Why go thru all the hassle if we don't find what we are looking for. She pretty much insisted saying we needed to know how much we could qualify for. So I said, "Fine but as long as it didn't affect my credit score." She assured me it wouldn't. I qualified for $9000. Great... Now let me look around. Nope! Come to find out it was her 2nd day on the job. That's fine. We are luckily patient people. She was very nice and stayed with us while we looked.

We found a range for a reasonable price but the bottom drawer was damaged. We asked if the price was for the damaged one. She said we could get the same range without damage for the same price which was $697. So we said we wanted that one without the damage. She went to start the process and told us to go ahead and walk around. She would find us when she got everything ready. About 30 minutes later she finds us with a trainer and they explain the $697 is for the damaged range. We decided on a new range but the cost now went to $899. They told us if we purchased matching LG appliances we would get $500 off the purchase. We were thinking of replacing our refrigerator too so we looked at refrigerators. Found one and it is awesome. Then we were told we had to purchase 3 appliances for the $500 rebate. Should have ran at this point but we have already been in this process for about 2 hours at this point.

We saw a microwave for $250 That matched the set. We thought about it and said we would buy the microwave too. It would counter the cost with the rebate. Makes sense. 40 minutes later we are told because she didn't get the order in sooner the only one available had sold. The next one available was $100 more. At this point (3 hours) we said fine. 45 more minutes and that one is no longer available. Next one is $450. No way! We were about to leave. They offered the first $250 microwave floor model for the full price. I asked if it came with everything including manual and warranty and all parts. No damage! I was assured because we were paying full price it was treated as new.

We completed all paperwork and now we have been here over 4 hours. Delivered next day and microwave is missing filters for vent hood. Delivery driver told us to call the store. I called and explained the situation thinking they accidentally forgot to send the parts. Danny ** hung up on me after telling me I bought a floor model as is. My husband called back to ask for a manager and Danny ** hung up on him. Finally we were able to get a manager. He said he would call corporate and call back. 2 hours later no callback. My husband called back to speak with the manager Robert, wouldn't give last name, and the girl that answered said he would have to call us back. My husband explained he would hold until he was available. She thought she put him on hold but didn't and she told the manager he wanted to hold and the manager told her to hang up.

We called corporate and the lady was nice. She said she called the store and they would call us and make it right. That was yesterday and we still have not received a call. I now have a useless vent a hood microwave. Come to find out the parts that are missing cost about $7. We spent $4500 in this store and they are willing to lose a customer over a part that would cost $7. WOW!!! And selling appliances you would think they would know this! Terrible customer service and serious high pressure sales!

Original review: March 12, 2018

Purchased a bed in April 2016 on a promotion for a free electronic with purchase. Went in. Everyone was so nice, we picked out our bed and they talked us into pillows. Got it scheduled for delivery and off we went. Next day I realized I did not receive my promotional item so I called. I was told it had ended... that should have been my first clue as to how things would be. They delivered the bed with no frame and when I asked about it I was told I would have to go in and buy that separately. 6 months pass and the box springs broke, very cheaply made. When I called I was told they only had one guy that handled box springs and mattresses and he was out of Phoenix. The only day available was a Tuesday and I had meetings all day so I could not do that. Tuesday’s are conference days for me where I work. I was told that was the only day available each week, the guy told me I was SOL.

I have had nothing but problems out of this bed; not holding up and falling apart, so much in fact I had to buy another mattress from elsewhere. I had paid 4252.00 for a mattress and box springs that turned out to be junk. I missed 1 payment in 2 years and two days after it was due. They threaten me with reporting to credit bureau. I never in my life have encountered a company like this! Worst company ever... if you value your hard earned money and time you will avoid them at all cost. After all their true value is in their name (Conn) and if you fall for their lies and promises, conned is exactly what will happen to you!

Original review: March 12, 2018

After making arrangements for the payment customer service person keeps calling over and over giving me different excuses that there is no arrangements. Want to know what time and store I'm going to pay, I'm so tired of it, balance is only $69. Never buy from CONN'S.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I purchased a living room set from Conn's in October of '16 on a 1 year no interest plan. I made my payments on time every month. When October of '17 rolled around I submitted the money for the final payoff amount. Instead of applying the funds towards the final payoff amount, Conn's decided it would just hold the money as future payments. So instead of my account being paid off, I now owe an additional $1300 in interest. Do NOT under any circumstances agree to any type of payment plan with this predatory company. Liars, scammers. If I had the money to sue I would. I'm sure I am not alone in the way that I was scammed. This company needs to be put out of business.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Very disappointed with the washer and dryer. The washer went down after the repair. Came out. It took him 4 weeks before anyone came out again. Then the dryer the drum inside cracked. They ordered parts. He did very good putting back together. But lately the dryer heating element went out. It’s been almost three weeks and of course parts aren’t in. You count on your machine to do the clothes and dry. That’s the whole idea of not going to the mat. I feel like this is wrong to take this long to fix. When you talk to someone it has a very annoying lisps talking, very annoying music plus you are on hold forever. When you pay your bill by phone very confusing on what to push. I think they should recall this model. I will never buy Samsung again. It’s a ripoff.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I am so disappointed in this company. I bought two mattresses from this company. One of the mattresses is starting to sink. I called them out to look at the mattress to replace it. They directed me several time, finally they came out and looked and took pictures and then stated that was nothing wrong with the mattress. The mattress is sinking. I have only had it for 7 month before it started to defect. They taking my money and put this warranty and insurance on there that I am paying for. DO NOT SHOP AT CONN'S. I WILL REPEAT DO NOT SHOP AT CONN'S. They are a ripoff. They do not stick to what they tell you when you first buy items. You will be stuck with the bill and no item.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I purchased a new Frigidaire Refrigerator In August 2017, the ice maker has never worked. 4 service tech guys have been to my home 4 times, replaced multiple parts, taken up 4 days of my time that has cost me $800 in compensation plus lots of aggravation. A service tech was at my home on March 3rd 2018 for the 4th time. I was out of town for the weekend expecting to have ice when I returned but to no avail I still have NO ICE!!! I contacted Customer service and they have only one recollection in November of a service tech coming to my home. I asked to speak to a district or regional manager so I could request further action for a new Fridge. I was given a reference # and someone would return my call, they called and informed me I was not eligible for one. NEVER BUY FROM CONN'S.

Conn's Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

• Best for: Foodies, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs