1.01/5

Need an appliance store?

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

1207 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought a 64 inch Samsung TV. When TV was sold to me the salesmen stated to add accidental insurance and I did. My TV fell over and screen broke. Called Conn's and customer service stated that they don't carry accidental insurance anymore meaning I don't have coverage. TV is broken and not covered to replaced even though I still have warranty till 2021 but will not get it fixed and will have to continue to pay. Went to the store. No one helped me. The person that was suppose to come look at the damage called me and just said if screen cracked it's not covered so no point on coming to look. They are very unprofessional and they don't care.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Food Loss 8/11/2018. Faxed form 8/16/2018. I have had NO communication from Conn's! Only phone number I have goes to a voice mail that is not set up! Today is 9/20/2018 and I have not received a check or ANY communication from Conn's at all! My next stop is the news and social media!

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We bought several things from this company. The worst was the furniture. I don't care how nice it looks, don't buy it. It started break everywhere, even the armrests cracked with barely any effort. The material is cheap and overpriced. Had it for a few months before it started breaking down and has become very uncomfortable to sit in. The worst part about Conn's though is their payment collectors. They will harass you literally to the point of making you very angry and I think they think it's funny.

They will call the day before 5 times or more, the day of 5 times or more, and the day after even more. Send you text messages as well in between each call. It is absolutely ridiculous and beyond the point of harassment. They have even said things when calling that were totally un-called for and sometimes will not let you hang up the phone no matter what you are doing or say to them. They are the worst of the worst. Bottom of the slime barrel scumbags. To anyone who reads this, stay away from this company. It's not worth it!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

First of all customer service is horrible. Those people actually do not care. I was told no interest if paid off within the year. Within 6 months of payments I decided to pay it off. They told me it was not set up like that. They also charge me a $100.00 application fee found that out after the fact. If you don't pay Conn's off early you will be paying for that products in 3 years which is triple the price. This will be my last go with Conn's. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

On Sept 5 I bought a Samsung 55 inch UHD TV. Set it up. When I got home on the 8th three days later for some unknown reason the stand failed on the TV. Upon further investigation of the plastic stand noticed the plastic hooks the hold the stand was broken. I called the store. The person that answered the phone stated I didn’t purchase a drop insurance therefore I was out of luck. I called the credit card company to dispute the charge on the account I called. Samsung factory then will send a service co to inspect the damage. I notice several other people have somewhat of the same problem with Conn's. I received a email from Conn’s. They claim they don’t have insurance for TV sets. Would like to find out if a class action suit can be filed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Bought a washer/dryer from them...great deal, big mistake. Get a constant runaround. Ask for everything but your blood type, while trying to make a payment. I feel they want you frustrated, so maybe payment will be late... Extra money for those crooks. My account number should be my individual number. Find my account, take my money. Left me a message to call them, was on hold for an hour. Half of that was listening to some idiot speaking Spanish. I push the number 1 button, at the start of my hour long wait... that means English. Bad enough to wait an hour, but to hear stupid Mexican crap while I'm waiting, really pisses me off. NEVER EVER deal with those ignorant idiots. I'm done with them...

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I brought two 40 inch television from them in 2016 one for my daughter and one for my son. I have been paying for insurance for them since. My daughter accidentally knocked hers to the floor. I went for a replacement and she picked out a similar television to the one she damaged. The television stayed in the box for two weeks, while I searched for a tv stand. I decide to just use this amplifier to set the tv on, I place it on top of my daughter dresser. After a day of having the box open my daughter notice dust mites. White dust mites, which are common in furniture warehouse. So I contact Conn's and they were like "If you would have opened the box 24 or at least 48 hours after you received the tv, Conn's would have replaced the tv." I have a brand new tv wrapped in two large trash bags in the back of my jeep. I had to throw out the stereo amplifier and my daughter dresser. I am so disappointed in Conn's.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Do not buy from Conn's. They do not stand behind their products. I Bought a 1700 dollar TV. After purchase it was broken between them Reboxing it and loading it into my truck. They refuse to exchange it or have extended warranty purchased with TV repair it claiming physical damage even though they were the ones that handled it while I was told to go get my truck. Store manager Ian ** is belittling and has zero interest in customer satisfaction or even being respectful and considerate. He was by far one of the worst retail managers I've ever dealt with. Flat out told me it was fine. When I left with it nothing he's going to do about it, "Call customer service and see if they care because I don't." When I told him I had an order of 2500 worth of furniture also and I would cancel it as well he simply said, "Okay. Don't care." When I asked for the district manager's number he said, "Call customer service. I'm done with you," and walked away.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I did a refinance after a job loss. Refinance was accepted and new payment set. New payment was not due for 45 days, I made the new payment. On the due date of the new payment, payment book arrives and guess what new account number. Called several times to have payment credited to new account, as at the time of the refinance was not advised that account number would change. So now they say current payment is late and payment made will not be transferred. Will never buy from them again and will not advise anyone to either.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was reluctant about purchasing a MacBook Pro for my business. Was not sure it would work with what I was trying to do. Salesman Steve ** assured me that I had 48 hrs to return. No questions asked. He assure me no problem but with confidence. Well that turned out to be a lie. They would not take it back without a large restocking fee. I called corporate and they could honestly care less about their customers. All salespeople at Conn's are liars. Will tell you anything to get you to buy. Go elsewhere!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I paid off my loan on the due date for the zero interest. Since it was 5 pm, I was told that I still owed the interest because the last payment is due by 3 pm to qualify. Then I was told that if I paid the entire amount due -including the $250 insurance they had never removed even though we had sent our homeowner's insurance info numerous times- that the accounting department would take care of the problem the next day during normal business hours.

This was March. They still gave my $250 in insurance $ AND it still shows that I owe $800 in interest. After dozens of long phone calls, I was assured in late June that the interest charges were being reversed and that I would receive a check for the overpayment. I called again in mid-July when things were not resolved and assured that it takes 30 days and would be taken care of by the end of July. It is August 26th. I just had another long phone call. I am now assured that it will be resolved in 30 - 60 days. Wow... Oh... and the couches are unraveling at the seams.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I bought a reclining loveseat on credit. I qualified for no interest for a year so why not. It's been 4 months and the loveseat is already sinking and tilting to the side. I wish I would have looked underneath before I bought it. The foundation is pressboard garbage. Also, after 4 months of on-time payments, I managed to be a whopping one day late after being on a vacation. My payment due date was the 10th, at 8:30am on the 11th the phone calls started coming, as if I had defaulted on the loan - several calls the first day followed by emails and texts. This was the level of communication you'd expect if you were weeks late and about to default. This was literally hours late.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This is a long review hoping no one else has to go through what we did. I purchased furniture Dec. 26th 2016. It was a couch, a loveseat, a recliner, two lamps and a kitchen table with two benches and two chairs. After being delivered, we notice a huge chunk missing from the kitchen table and the table was wobbly. I called them and they sent out Fast Furniture to repair it. I ended up getting a new kitchen table and picked out a different one but they would not replace the benches and chairs, so now I had a mismatched kitchen set. The benches and chairs broke 3 times and they came out and put screws in to hold it only to have it come apart again. Should have known, but my husband goes and buys furniture on his own. he bought a new TV, two Samsung Bluetooth speakers, deep freezer, and a surge protector.

Now my second table I received has the wood peeling off the sides, I had to put the table and mismatched set into my building and I am using an old table now with chairs. Now my couch and loveseat are peeling and fading, the speakers shot fire of them, and the surge protector caught my phone on fire. I quit making payments on my account and my husband's months ago because I refuse to pay for cheap, used furniture that is suppose to be new. They called and harassed me all day long until I told them to remove my number, now they are calling and harassing my grandma and giving out info on my account. I tried to tell them to come and get the furniture but they won't unless I agree to pay what is left owing on my account after they auction it off. How can they auction broke furniture? I would give them zero stars if I could.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

In April 2018, I was diagnosed with breast cancer that affect my income and I've had over 8 Conn's account with a great pay history. I received half of my pay for the next 8 – 9 months to continue chemo treatment and recovery. Therefore, I contacted Conn's several times for assistance with my account. I asked if there was a payment to help to keep the account current and pay on the account. Conn's rep told I could make 3 payments in the month of $151.41 on the 16th for June, July and August. I told them I could not make the payments on 16th of the month and was told that would be the only he could set up arrangement. I continued to ask to change the dates until the representative spoke to a supervisor so the supervisor approved the 22nd of June. I told them I would make every effort to meet the 22nd due date for the June payment.

Unfortunately, I couldn't meet that date so I called Conn's again and they changed it to the June 30th. I successfully made the June payment on the 30th. The following month I called to change the July due date to the 30th or 31st because the funds would not be available until then. Although I told them funds would not be available until 31st, Conn's processed the payment anyway which was NSF. Once funds were available I went into the store and made a payment in the amount of 152.00.

On August 11, 2018, I received credit monitoring alert that I had an account reported as delinquent. I logged into my credit monitoring portal and found Conn's reported the account 90 days past due. The payment arrangement I agreed to have been rejected but no one notified me. I called Conn's several times and not one representative told me my account was past due. I logged into my Conn's online payment portal and it reflected 1210.00 past due on the account so I called Conn's again. From May 2018 until present, I've received incorrect information regarding the account. They would place me on hold and never come back or disconnect the call which is very frustrating. I spoke to 2 different representative and both gave two different answers. Then I asked to speak to a supervisor (Elvis - not sure that was his real name given) that provided information I did not understand.

How is a customer to make payments on an account when they aren't sure what they're told. Elvis stated he would send the account to offline services to see what happen on the account and possibly reverse the 90 days past due derogatory information on my credit report. I'm not confident the information he provided was correct or could be done. All asked for is help to make my payments without affecting my credit and I was assured the payment plan would do just that. None of the information is consistent and payment plans are not set up to help because they're not set up correctly.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This has been the absolute worst experience of my life. I live on a hill so the moment the delivery guys arrived they sat in car for 20 min because they had no intention on ever bringing appliances uphill until I went out and got them out of truck. Then first they complained that they could not remove the dishwasher which a woman had to remove for them. Then they had no tools which I provided for them. Then went got back and in truck Said they were leaving with refrigerator still in their truck. When I tell you they would not even try! And was gonna take off as if they had completed the job! This is one big rip off and the third party they have delivering could care less!!! I will never ever do business this with company ever again in life!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I filled out the paperwork you the YES credit acct. They lost my personal information then told me I have to resend all of my papers again and they would have to rerun my credit. The lady that I spoke with was rude and disrespectful. Altogether they ran my report five-time and lower my score by 50 points. I wouldn't do business with these people.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general's office. I purchased a bedroom set June 30, 2018 that was delivered July 1, 2018. From the time it was delivered late, I have had issue. The mattress that was delivered is not the one we tried in the showroom!!! It too hard and I have hip and back issues that have now been aggravated and sent me to the MD. When I called July 2 or 3rd, I was told to keep it 30 days was the rule and then Conn's would switch it out. I asked the customer service rep to have that policy she was reading sent to me. She stated another department had to mail it. I received a copy of a contract in the mail with a signature that does not look like mine. When I called back today because I want to be clear on the process when my 30 days are up, I was told I had to contact the manufacturer.

This was never said even when my husband went to the store. We purchased it and he has told the same regarding the 30 days, minus the manufacturer comment. I need a supervisor to call me as soon as possible. I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general!! The store also said the insurance was for the parts of the mechanical part, I had to send my homeowner's insurance to get that removed!! I can go on and on and on!! Horrible actions and deceptive for sure to say the least!!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I decided to purchase a sofa and loveseat, so I applied for credit. I was approved for 1500.00, yay! BOO! these people are such thieves. So I get a call from Nandy (Phoenix) to confirm my appt. and tell me I need 65.00 down, what?? So then I tell her that I found a set online that I liked but it was out of my approval amount, so I would bring the difference...she said I couldn't do that. Scratching my head, I ask her if their complete inventory was listed online. She told me no, because I wasn't going to bother, but she assured me that there was something there comparable to the set I wanted. So I get off work, drive down there in rush hour traffic. I greet her, and then she starts to walk me around the store, and guess what? NOTHING DIFFERENT!

I cannot deal with a lying person. Expletive, expletive... At any rate I speak with the manager, he tries to do the same thing, I tell him, what I want and let him know that deceiving people isn't good business. He tells me of another location that may have sets within my budget because they are used, but in good condition, but this location is clear across town!! I have him call to see if they have something before I get even angrier. And they did!! I drive the 20 miles over there and Edgar was there very nice man, he found me a set within in my budget. I was finally a satisfied customer. But wait...there is more. I go to do the contract. No free delivery like the website states...and my payments were going to be 350.00 a month!!! Not 67.00 like the website states. Wasted time...wasted gas...this company is so shady...I would not even take an empty box from them. Stay away!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I paid off my account in full. I received an email confirming my account was paid in full. Two weeks later they took a $220 payment from my bank account. Now they are telling me they are investigating to see if I deserve a refund. This is the most secretive and misleading company I have ever dealt with. Customer service says it’s in the hands of another division and only they can contact them via email. They don’t have a phone number or an email they can give out. I am left frustrated and $220 poorer because once they have your money they will not give it back.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Don't be fooled by 0 percent interest. There is no grace period. I had problems making a payment at the store and was told I had to deal with their finance company. Needless to say it caused a one day late payment which negates the interest free and you are charged interest from day one. Also just one day late cause them to charge you a late fee of $38.00 added. They don't apply overage on payments to principal. I should have stuck with my first instinct and purchased elsewhere, even it was a little more originally. Lesson learned. I could bought a lot more with all the extra interest now added on and $38.00 for one day late just makes me irritated. Never again at Conn's.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Purchased a $4000 QLED TV. Product was delivered with a defective panel. Conn's will not swap out and will only accept return if I pay over $500 restocking fee. This company appears to be selling defective goods and passing them off as first quality goods. I notified Company within 5 days - I had purchased extended warranty and they still refused to swap out their defective TV.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The name says it all! CONS. For starters I was told that I would get 36 months no interest. Which doesn't seem to be the case. I go to my account online and it says I owe $2500 for my couch and loveseat. However, my credit report is saying the amount is $4200. The furniture cost $1999 plus taxes. So my interest is 100%. Then they tell me I can provide proof of homeowners insurance within 30 days. Didn't mention they'd add it on to the bill. Then I send in proof and the charge is still there. Fast forward to this week. My payment was due on 7/7.

The payment failed. They have called me 20 times in the last 48 hours. Today they called me every hour on the hour. They called my work and when I spoke to them yesterday I told them to quit calling but here we are today with 7 calls and my payment was made. I have not been late in the 3 months since getting this furniture and they are harassing me. I'm looking into legal implications and trying to see if I can get out of this contract and give back the furniture. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Unfortunately I am sending this letter to complain about my experience as a new consumer with Conn’s. Secondly, I am writing this letter with the intention that your board of directors do their very best to ensure that future consumers NEVER experience what I did. Thirdly, I am asking that you honor the promotion that I was informed I was eligible for. I purchased a QLED Samsung television in combination with a Bose surround sound bar on June 29, 2018. My contractual agreement was established on June 29, 2018 with a wonderful, knowledgeable, well-manner, soft spoken and kind salesman by the name of Antonio (not sure of the last name). My invoice for the mentioned above purchase is **.

I am complaining because I made a simple phone call inquiring about my due date. The representative that answered the line was unable to provide any answers to my questions; in the same fashion, Michelle, the lady that answered the call, sounded as if she did not want to assist me. I asked her the following questions: When is my due date? How much is monthly payment? Who was the sales associate that assisted me with my purchase on June 29, 2018? May I use the $50.00 off coupon I received via email?

Michelle informed me she did not have access to the system to see who the sales associate was that helped me. Michelle also informed me that I just have to wait until I receive documents via mail to inform me of my due date and the amount of my payments. I asked Michelle to connect me to her manager and she informed me there was no manager in the store and I could call back within 15 minutes. She willingly provided me with Conn’s corporate phone number to receive assistance with any questions or concerns I may have. May I add I never asked her for corporate number. I have NEVER in my life received such poor customer service treatment and her attitude and tone definitely set the stage for me to call corporate.

I called Conn’s corporate office and spoke with Paula who was speaking with an up to beat tone which gave me a sense of comfort. Paula provided me with my due date, the exact amount of my payment, and she provided with different methods regarding how I could make my payment. Paula also suggested that I print the $50.00 coupon and speak with an in store manager about the coupon. Paula also mentioned I SHOULD have received the Samsung 10% gift promotion offer that began on 6/10/18 until 7/1/2018. The promotion was for consumers that purchased QLED TV and or Premium TVs on Conn’s creditor loan account. The 10% promotion was a $400.00 gift card.

Paula suggested I go to the store and ask for a manager. At this point I was excited and happy that Conn’s had this promotion for me and I was eager to receive it. Nevertheless, did I expect contrary to what the corporate rep Paula had advised. I went to the store and spoke with Shana ** and she had no idea about the promotion, she was unsure if she could honor the coupon and she mentioned she was present in the store when I called. Shana called Michelle over and Michelle admitted she lied about there was not a manager in the store when I called. She also stared with a blank look in her face and said she was sorry. I could have exploded. I have definitely wasted my time and I was late picking up my son from school and for what, nothing. I was told the $50.00 coupon could not be used (so why was it sent). I was told Samsung’s promotion had passed. That was NOT acceptable.

Before exiting the store Antonio begins to apologize and I know it was sincere. Next a manager by the name of Jasmine took it upon herself to act responsibly (after overhearing all the confusion in the store) She called Waqas (merchandiser) to confirm the promotion; however, it was confirmed that the promotion ran from 6/10-6/16. Jasmine was so professional and she was able to address EVERY question I had. Meanwhile, Shana had left and went home before my issue was resolved. Jasmine and Antonio are the only reasons why I am keeping this account. I work for Bank of America and I interact with a LOT of people and I would NEVER recommend Conn’s to any of my friends or co-workers to.

To resolve this problem I would like you to honor the 10% Samsung promotion ($400.00 gift card) that was offered. Additionally, I would like for Michelle to have a coaching opportunity and she is never client facing or answer the phone at Conn’s again. I would also like Conn’s board of directors to compensate me for my making a trip to your store for nothing. I would also like to see Jasmine and Antonio rewarded for their excellent and impeccable customer service skills. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible to resolve this problem. If I do not hear from you within 30 days I will file complaints with the appropriate consumer agencies and consider my legal alternatives to receive the promotion I was verbally offered.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I will say when I first went in the store I saw many things I'd want to purchase. I did purchase a few items. Before my initial payment was due I received a call about making my payment, the due date was days away, of course that ticked me off. I received a coupon book in the mail that indicated the due date and a pay before accrued late fees date. Now I know for many years of purchasing different things cars, furniture etc that if there is another date listed after the due date that states if you pay after x then you have to pay x amount. THAT IS CALLED A GRACE PERIOD. Of course not a darn soul at this company realizes this and tell me that, "If you don't pay on the due date then you have to call and make arrangements," what the hell. The coupon book already gave me my arrangement. I would not refer my worst enemy to this company.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and a dining room set. The salesman advised my daughter and I that I was approved and had 36 months with no interest for 36 months. I repeated this back to him to make sure what he stated was correct. He stated yes. He drew up everything on his iPad. I signed the papers on his iPad. He stated my copies would be sent to my email address. Upon returning home I checked my email and did not receive my paperwork. I immediately called him and stated I did not get my paperwork. He stated he would send them again. I never received my paperwork.

I made the purchase in July 2017 and did not receive my paperwork until June 2018. This was only after calling customer service on several occasions. Upon reviewing my paperwork It stated I had one year interest free and if I didn't pay the entire balance by 08/07/2018 all of the interest would go on the loan. Being that I was told I had no interest for 36 months I called and complained on the salesman. The customer service told me they do have offer no interest for 36 months. This happened to another customer I know that purchased furniture from Conn's. This place is a rip off. This should not be allowed.

Salesman are deceiving customers. I have made a large purchase so what I have already paid for a year will literally will go back on the loan. This should not be allowed. Contract papers should be given to customers at the time of purchase. I am writing this review for people looking to buy furniture, please do not go to Conn's. I will be having an attorney to look into this matter. They approve you fast in order to catch you caught up in the dirty dealing they are doing. I am very disgusted. They also stated the salesman no longer work there.

Original review: July 6, 2018

From the time we received the 1st payment book we had problems. The loan was supposed to be 12 months and now it's changed to 36. We called and because it was the first of the year the lady said that we should wait for the system to accept these new loans. The people who answer the line do not know how the interest works and it's frustrating me. They tell me I cannot apply additional money to the principle of the loan. Continue to have our contract reviewed but they send it back saying "we need more information".

This last Feb. we could not apply a payment so we called in. They took our first payment. Then we asked her to submit for an additional 400.00. In March we discover that 400.00 payment did not go through and that Conn's charged us 35.00 for the sales rep mistake but our monthly payment did go through. Also this mistake has cost us an additional 600.00 because of interest. Can't get anyone with authority to return my calls. Tired of new charges showing up. Warranty was declined when we purchased fridge but we are paying for it any way I guess. Homeowner insurance was removed now its back. Refused the water hoses for the fridge at the time of purchase but find out today we have been charged for this plus interest. I need a phone call! I have tried to pay this off and every time I try they come up with some new charges or reasons for them not to accept payment at that time.

In May I spoke to a male rep that clearly stated, "Wow you have overpaid! I need to send this in for a review, it does not make sense." He also told me that I could apply extra to my principle balance to help. I told him that whenever I try I am always told that the type of loan I have will not permit for me to put money towards the balance. I need someone to call me with supervisor rights or I will be calling an attorney. I am tired of getting someone new each time and each time I get a different response, reason or excuse for what is going on with my account.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband talked me into buying a window unit for this summer to keep house cooler. The ac unit was 419.99, the repair service agreement was 125.99 plus 45.04 tax, which gave me a total bill of 591.02. I made one payment of 50.00 then decided to pay off. I called. They told me my payoff was 688.09, I asked what and how they get that amount, they told me they charged a 100.00 dollar application fee. I use to shop at Conn's a lot, never again.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I would give CON ARTIST a zero rating if I could. Guarantee next day delivery but not next day repairs or pick up on faulty products?! We purchased a refrigerator from the extremely rude university location. Within an hour of the refrigerator being installed, it started leaking out of every possible hole. Contacted them the same day at 3 pm and was supposed to be receiving a callback, never did. Called 9 am the next day about the same complaint. Was told to expect a callback, never did. Called at 2 pm and was giving the number to a second party middleman, called them and was on hold for 45 mins. Transfer from here to there and everywhere in between before I was about to get someone to schedule an appointment for a later day. Still waiting... I had deja vu reading reviews from customers who had shared similar experiences. Totally unsatisfied and disappointed.

Original review: July 1, 2018

My first experience with Conn's was good, although we had some issues with the refrigerator, it was a smooth sale and I paid off the product as agreed on and paid no interest for my product. I returned 2 times to buy additional appliances. One of my purchases was set up for payments at $10.00 below what I needed to pay so I missed the deadline and was charged 650.00 in interest despite the fact that I went into the store the day my balance was due and asked about payoff, instead I was reminded I was paying for property insurance despite the fact that I had provided Conn's with my homeowner's insurance declarations page right after I purchased the product.

I remember asking the salesman to ensure for me that my promotional balance would be paid for within the time as long as I made my payments on time every month, I still was short-changed and left to pay interest. The interesting thing about it all is that their computer printers were down and he couldn't even give me a proper copy of the document I signed, he had to email it to me so the first time I actually ended up looking at it was after being swindled by Conn's. I've spent hours on the phone trying to remedy this and I get nowhere, so I will be looking into filing a complaint with the Colorado Attorney General's office and seeing about a class action lawsuit, I know from reading reviews I'm not alone and being swindled by aggressive sales tactics and dishonest sales practices. My only hope is to leave as many reviews on as many sites as I can to inform the public not to purchase anything from this dishonest seller.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I signed an agreement in December on a LG tv, I recently moved and the tv got a little damage on the top, which then made the digitizer bad. Called the place I purchased and they directed me to send pictures to the service dept. I did that. Got a call from the service dept to tell me I don't have insurance on this tv. I paid 390.00 extra to have the insurance. And now the service dept is saying I only have insurance on labor, but not parts! I called store manager and still waiting on a callback, it's been 3 days. Poor service! I don't recommend using them ever!

Conn's Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

• Best for: Foodies, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs