2.94/5

Need an appliance store?

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

1290 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 12, 2019

I purchased a 75 in TV with warranty and everything cost me an arm and a leg. It broke from the screen. Don’t recall how. Just saw on there one day it had a big black square. So I called and send pics like they asked and they called me back to tell me it’s not covered. I felt like screaming here. I am with a 75 in TV that’s broke and I’m still paying on it. Just thought I’d call again. See if I can pay out of my own pocket and they still told me no. So here I am still owe on TV and it’s broke. Some crap this is. I don’t know what to do. Angry. I should of just got one cash at Best Buy or Walmart. Damn. :(

Original review: April 5, 2019

I bought a king bed set from this place and it broke. I still have warranty but have been calling every week telling my whole story sending the same pictures over and over of my broken bed and how it happened since December 2018. We are now April 2019 and they still have not replaced or fixed my bed. I have called and demanded to speak to a manager or supervisor but no one cares to reach out to me. Oh but do not owe them $2 because they will harass you until it’s paid. My mattresses have been on the floor since December and I am needing a way of contacting the CEO. If anyone can help me with a CEO email or phone number to someone other than sales or billing or customer service reps please let me know. Thanks and do not buy from Conn’s. It’s not worth the hassle.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My bill didn't process and I can't get answers why. It's not a month behind they locked my account. Now I can't pay so I filed an AG complaint. Worst mistake ever. First red flag was screwed up delivery. Leather sofa's already falling apart and based on numerous complaints I'm sure it's gonna stay screwed up. GREAT!

Original review: March 20, 2019

I purchased an Italian leather sofa and loveseat from Conn's approximately 4 months ago, less than 1 month of delivery both items fell apart. I reached out to Conn's CEO and was given the option to replace the set, which I did and on the exact day of arrival of the new set it was just as faulty as the first set. I have emailed the CEO again directly, with no response. In my opinion. Never shop at Conn's, great customer service, Horrible products.

Original review: March 19, 2019

If you want to experience rude and unprofessional customer service... Conn's is the place to call. I called to make a payment and inquired as to why my due date had not been changed as promised. The customer service "GIRL" told me that it was rejected because at the time I requested a date change, I was 4 days late. I tried to explain to her that I was told that it would take 3 months for the change to take place. She said, "No it won't ever happen and you are now 4 days late again." She had a very nasty & disrespectful attitude, and after taking my payment. She abruptly hung up while I was still talking. No thank you. Gesture was extended. I called back and she hung up on me a 2nd time. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM CONN'S AGAIN!! I have told all my co-workers, church members, family members and colleagues, not to ever do business with Conn's. This is rudeness at its finest!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased a furniture sofa set in May of 2018. I filed a claim in December 2018 to repair my couch. In December 2018, they sent out an employee to take measurements. That was the LAST TIME I heard from them. Fast forward to March of 2019, I called the Conn's Furniture Service department in my area. Webster, TX Store #266. I was told parts were ordered. Nobody told me these parts would be shipped to my home address and that I would have to call them to set up a repair appointment. 3 days later, I received what appeared to be packaging and foam wrapped in tape from somebody we did not know. My wife tore through the foam looking for something and eventually threw it out. 2 days later, my wife received an email stating the "part" had been delivered or would be delivered soon. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? NOW I GET NOTIFIED!!??

Because of the lack of communication of the behalf of Conn's Furniture Service Department, they ordered and sent a part without communicating to the customer after 4 months of last contact. "Part" was thrown away because it looked like a piece of packaging. Long story short, Melissa our service manager laughed when she heard this and treated this with the highest unprofessional disregard for how we felt and informed us we were now responsible to order the part ourselves. I will NEVER be doing business with Conn's EVER again because of this treatment. That's a COMPLETE shame Conn's customer service skills AND communication to their customers is less than par. SHAME ON YOU!

Original review: March 17, 2019

Went online a few minutes ago to do a pre-qualification for an appliance purchase. While filling out the application, entered my cellphone number... Instant text message from CONN's! I HADN'T CLICKED THE SUBMIT BUTTON YET! Nor had I entered any other information like SSN, driver license. Only name and address! I changed to the phone to a different one, same thing, instant text from CONN's again. Called them and credit dept didnt show an application (which they shouldn't since it wasn't completed) but knew nothing of what I described...

So apparently their site is set up to transmit keystroke to whatever or whomever has the system for sending out text messages to customers and potential customers. What bothers me is that if it's sending that info out based on the phone number being entered, what else is being sent WHILE I AM NOT EVEN CLICKING THE SUBMIT BUTTON ON THE PAGE TO SUBMIT MY INFORMATION TO BE PROCESSED? I will make my purchase elsewhere...

Original review: March 15, 2019

Went into store 5 days ago, on behalf of my nephew who is also a disabled Veteran. Had all the necessary Power of Attorney docs and all and submitted for a Computer purchase for him. Was told it would take a couple of days to approve everything. 5 days later had to call store. Said they would have info at 1:30 PM. Called at 3:30 pm and they claimed they hadn't received docs yet. So they lied to me in earlier call and kept the kid waiting on his purchase. Had to go elsewhere to get him a computer he could have had 5 days earlier had CONN's not been such a cluster.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I was told 4 times, by 3 different people, on 3 different days (including in writing on the back of one of the associate's business card), that because of the amt of the purchase, there would be no delivery charge. Didn't receive the itemized invoice until after my card was charged (had to ask for it) and didn't notice the delivery charge until we were home. Multiple calls to the associate who repeated that the charge shouldn't be there and would removed. But then again, he also told me, my card wasn't and wouldn't be charged until we received the appliance. That we would receive the manuals and manufacturer warranty info with the store model stove we purchased as well as the installers would install an anti-tip device. None of which was true. Not sure, but it may be a code violation to not install the anti-tip.

After I filled out the satisfaction survey, the store manager contacted me with some stock answer until I pointed out I had it in writing. Then he claimed the two associates who helped me were new (not my problem you don't train your employees properly). When I told him one had verified with a "black shirt" manager, he said, "Well they're just section managers." Again, not my fault. You don't train your employees properly. I based my purchase on 3 different people telling me delivery was free. He finally agreed to refund the amt, which never happened. He also said he had the manuals for the range and would mail them, again, never happened. Maybe I should have read the reviews before I dealt with them...

Original review: March 8, 2019

1st experience: I had a great, patient salesperson assist my daughter with choosing a laptop. We decided on a clearance model that was $599. When we were OFFERED an extended warranty, I asked about the cost... He said it was $299! Half the price of the laptop! Until a few months ago, I sold cars. The extended warranties can cost anywhere between $999 and $4,500, usually about 10% of the purchase price of the vehicle, depending on coverage. How can Conn's justify charging 50% of the purchase price for an extended warranty?! Maybe, if it were a $3,000 laptop, I might pay $299.

2nd experience: I purchased a dishwasher for a family member. I assumed I could just use my Conn's account I opened when purchased the laptop. No, I had to apply for a Conn's credit card this time (another inquiry on my credit). I STILL don't understand how/why they have 2 kinds of credit. I ordered the dishwasher and set up the delivery over the phone. So far, so good. The second month, I had just moved and forgot about the payment. I paid it a day late, assuming the late fee would be added to my balance. Not so. READ THE FINE PRINT, PEOPLE!

The next month I paid on time, but received notices that my account was overdue. When I called, they explained that I owed the minimum payment PLUS the late fee from the previous month as the minimum due for the current month... And since I only paid my regular payment, THAT month's payment was late, since they considered it only partially paid. So, the next month I owed the regular payment PLUS 2 late fees. I've been very careful to pay early/on time since then. Tonight, I suddenly remembered I needed to make a payment. It was at 9:51 p.m. Central Time here in Texas. The information on the payment page said for the payment to be credited today, it must be paid by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, which is one hour ahead of Central Time.

I paid it at 10:52 ET, which is 9:52 Central Time... Yet, they had had already charged me a late fee! I took a screenshot just to prove what time I paid it and called their Customer Service line. The guy told me they add the late fee on THE DAY THE PAYMENT IS DUE and call it a "pre-cycle late fee"! If you pay on time, they take it off your account. If you don't pay on time, they let the "pre-cycle" late fee ride. I've had MANY credit accounts over the years and NOBODY does this, except Conn's. I was advised to check my account in 24-48 hours to see if the late fee gets credited.

When I get my tax refund check, I plan to pay off this account and NEVER buy ANYTHING from Conn's again. I'm going to cut up my card and close that account... I don't care if it does bring my credit score down to close it. I need a new bed and considered buying one from Conn's, but I won't. I'd rather sleep on the floor than spend another dime buying ANYTHING from Conn's again. Their credit accounts and "pre-cycle" payments may be legal, but it feels like a predatory lending practice.

Conn's Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

• Best for: Foodies, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs