Find an Appliance Stores partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Conn's Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Terry was very knowledgeable salesman. He made our decision making easy. He was very informative and it made us decide which is the best mattress for us. David and Jose are very respectful. They read our sign on our front door to take off their shoes and what they did they put bootie covers on their ???. They value and respect their client so much. 5 stars for Terry, David and Jose from Conn's at McDowell in Arizona. Mattress is the best for our backs!!!!

Original review: July 13, 2021

They have the right name Conn's for a reason con you out of your money! I had an open account. Already went to purchase an air conditioner unit for $600 with the $250 gift card they gave me for my first purchase. The manager said, "The machine is down. You can apply it towards your next month payment." Called to use it. They said I can only purchase an item not make a payment. Remind you I paid $600 cash for the air conditioner unit. They will never get my business ever again.

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I had made my payments one-time for years but got covid and covid phneumonia while working at a prison. I had to quit the job and recover. I called, emailed Conn's to explain my situation many times but they refused to push payments back even though my payment history was perfect. I gave them exact details of my plan to pay them back which I did exactly yet they decide to hit my credit report for the one payment which knocked me down 99 points on my credit score. Never had a problem with Conn's before, so don't purchase anything from Conn's if you'll never have a financial glitch...They'll do you wrong!

Original review: June 15, 2021

Conn's is an absolute joke! I order a bed back in January of 2021- right after Christmas. I placed my order online and the product came fairly quickly. When it arrived at my house it was put up by the delivery team but it was damaged in multiple places. At this point, the guys told us there was nothing they could do that we would need to contact the home store closest to us... which we did. Mind you we never were given the opportunity to sign paperwork stating we accepted it, checked it, nothing. They told us it didn't matter and we didn't have to. The home store that is 45 minutes from our home and the closest one to us, told us that they would order a new one from the warehouse and it would be delivered to us. These were on backorder for quite some time which I understood, right after Christmas- I didn't fuss.

Over a month later, we still didn't have a bed. Nor could anyone give me answers. Months and months later, many many phone calls and emails later I still have no bed. Not only that they informed me, I would be "in legal trouble" if I didn't pay them. I refused to pay thousands of dollars for a broken bed in which they refused to make right. It was scheduled to be delivered on many occasions, where they would call and say "oh it was damaged again" and the last time (memorial day weekend) they didn't even call - they didn't show up in the 4 hour time frame they gave me so I called to see where they were and they told me it was damaged when it arrived and someone should have called me.

At this point I asked them to not worry about the bed, please discount my total price and redo my payments which they assured me they would do. Weeks later, here I am again. Harrassed for payment, no bed, no changes, nothing. When I called, they told me they had no notes in the system of this. One guy actually proceeded to laugh and raise his voice at me, yelling that it was all my fault because I refused to answer the phone. Which is quite ridiculous, considering they make you confirm over phone, text, and email (3 ways of communication) that someone over the age of 18 will be at the delivery spot. I will never in my life order from Conn's ever again and I hope that for everyone elses' sake- they don't either.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I purchased a new living room set from Conn's a while ago. I also have the extended warranty. I cannot get anywhere with the service department or customer service. They agreed to replace my sofa but I purchased a set and the set I have is discontinued per the local store. I’ve tried to speak with someone in corporate but I just keep getting the run around. The warranty is supposed to cover anything wrong with the furniture. The recliner on the love seat is also broken. These people are absolutely con artist. I paid over 3000 dollars for this stuff and they need to honor the warranty.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I just bought a house and needed appliances and new furniture for the new home, a refrigerator, and washer and dryer. I went to the store to see what they offered and applied for credit with them. Great approved right, wrong! Picked out all the stuff I wanted online and placed it in my cart. The total was 5780.00 for all the items including shipping and install. It was Memorial weekend so some items were tax free. When I got to the store we put everything I wanted on an order form, total was 7230! What??? So when I said it was way over the online price they really didn’t think that I already added it all up and the “sales manager” tried to argue it with me. They emptied their order form and it adjusted to 6800! Ummm no! So they ask me to sit down while they “fix it”. 45 minutes later after I just sat there with not one person coming back to tell me what the deal was, I left.

Ordered everything online and used the finance option I had and I get an email saying I needed to buy their insurance. Ok this is weird. 299.00 extra a month!!! Seriously. I’m a Contract Advisor so I read the fine print. I also am the one who writes terms and conditions for contracts so I started looking a bit further. Not in one place is this so called mandatory condition. I looked and looked and looked. Nada! I called them explaining they cannot strong arm people to purchase insurance when it is not in their contract to do so and that it’s against contract law. The lady from the insurance argued with me and transferred me with another 1 hour hold. That e-commerce department lady hung up on me. Auto insurance is the only thing I am required to have as well as my hone owners insurance which I have. They wouldn’t accept that because it’s a different address!!??? Well no kidding I haven’t moved in yet. They really tried to make me buy their insurance and it become a financed option.

Buyers beware. They simply are scamming people by requiring them to buy insurance through them and it’s not a requirement to have. It’s not in their terms and conditions of the credit option for “yes money” credit line. You will be financing insurance that is not required. Which at an APR of 32.6% will cost you in the end. If you want to buy from them get renters insurance if you are renting to get the items then cancel it. My advice as a consumer is they are scamming people in the stores so pay attention. Put all items in a cart online and start the checkout process to see the total. Then see what the total is when you get to the store. Shady shady business!

Original review: May 26, 2021

I ordered a cooktop for a rental property as the website said next day delivery. I went thru the purchase process and it had me sign in at the end. This flaw in the site replaced my delivery address with my billing address. There is no "Order" section on my Conn's profile to review the order. I finally get an email and it says delivery 5/25/2021 and install 5/27/2021. I am upset at the lead time, however the other places I looked did not have the item in stock either so I explained to our tenant. I received a voicemail Monday 5/24/2021 and realized it had the wrongs address. I quickly called and the lady in delivery said she changed the address for me. I felt comforted by all of her reassurances and did not think on it again until the evening on 5/25 when I realized my tenant never said they received the item.

Although the customer service email said 8-10pm the call center closed at 8pm. I emailed, but no one called. I called and waited 30 minutes before being transferred from delivery to online which disconnected me. I called back and waited 45 minutes before a rep told me that a supervisor could talk to me and I spent another 30 minutes to sort it out. They were able to correct the missed delivery but the installation address still had a problem. I begged her not to cancel it and she did anyway.

I called the installation company to get my slot back and they were the worst! I waited over an hour and they quoted policy and never even tried anything more. They didn't listen to the situation at all, did not try to help, and told me it would be another week! The tenant will be going 2 weeks without a cooktop!! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! This will be the last time I order from Conn's and I will warn everyone I encounter not to use them in the future.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Back in early 2014 we bought a dining room table. We made 36 monthly payments on time and the debt is paid off. It's been paid off. Now, a person from the courts just showed up at my door and Conn's is suing us for not making any payments. The debt has been paid off years. Every payment on time, and now they are suing us for something that has been paid in full for 4 years?

Original review: April 6, 2021

I called to see about an e-11 code on my microwave. The rep gave me prices but no troubleshooting advice. They would need to schedule somebody out or I could call Samsung or my own contractor.. which all would cost me a lot of money.. I called Home Depot. Told them what my problem was and they said they would need to look it up then they told me to unplug for 5 min to clear the code... This is why I won’t do business with Conn's anymore plus a couple of month ago they gave me information in wrong filter for my refrigerator and refused to take the blame.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Ordered washer, dryer, and two pedestals on Feb 20, 2021 for delivery at the Mesquite, TX location. At the time of my order, I was told that all the items were in stock and available for delivery. I received a call the morning of the delivery, and was told that the pedestals were not in stock and would have to be scheduled for a separate delivery, perhaps a week later. No problem, as long as the washer and dryer arrived promptly I could wait a little for the pedestals. The washer and dryer arrived with no issues. The delivery guys were great. I never did get a call about rescheduling the delivery for the two pedestals. So, I called back about two weeks later to ask what was going on. I was told that the pedestals were supposed to be arriving at the warehouse the next day and I was on the schedule to call and set up delivery. The lady told me to wait for a phone call from them the next day. The phone call never came.

Another two weeks later I call and ask what’s going on. The guy who answered at the Mesquite location told me that they were not in stock, but *might be* by March 30th. He told me I could wait to see if they showed up, but I should just cancel my order. I told him, "No, I’ve already had the washer and dryer installed. Nobody else I bought the pedestals from was going to want to install them under an existing washer and dryer they didn’t install, themselves." He says just to call back. So I called the main delivery line today, April 5, and was told my order had been canceled. The lady I spoke with was sweet but confused, and told me I should talk to a store manager at the Mesquite location.

So I called the Mesquite location, finally got a manager on the line, and was told that my order showed it had been delivered in full. Which of course it had not! I explain the situation to him and he understood. He looked at the warehouse inventory and told me they had 46 in stock. He is supposed to call me later today to let me know when they can be scheduled for delivery. With the exception of the kid in the delivery department at the Mesquite location who basically blew me off and told me to cancel my order because he couldn’t be bothered with helping me, everyone I’ve worked with has been fine. Not particularly helpful, but fine.

My frustration is with the delivery protocols. I’ve had to wait a month and a half for these pedestals to show up, which I consider ridiculous considering they’re a pretty common item that conn’s clearly has in stock. I spent quite a bit of money at conn’s and would consider continuing to do so if I didn’t have a full expectation now of having rotten experiences with the carry through on their end.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I bought a stove 8 months ago. 3 times it has broke down. 3 times 3 months with no stove!!! Still waiting on it to be repairs nothing!! Still paying my bill! Horrible customer service. The worst... My hubby might just end up to buy a new stove..

Conn's Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

Conn's Appliances Company Information