4.0/5 (694 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Conn's Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I bought appliances from them 2/25/2022. Had the warranty and insurance on them. I canceled the insurance and 6/11/2022. Less then their 30 day cancelation policy. It's now 9/6/2022 and they still haven't canceled it. I've sent Emails and made calls in August and trying to pay it off but the pay off is still with the over $1600 in insurance and warranty. Was on the phone with them today 9/6/2022 for 45 minutes and wanted to speak to a manager and after 15 minutes on hold I was told they will call me. Like they were supposed to do the week before and last week. So I'm still sitting here waiting. The warranty department is the worst. All you can do is call customer service and they have to put in a ticket. There is no other way to speak to anyone to get this taken care off. It's been 6 months trying to get that canceled. They are the worst ever. I kept all emails to show when I started the cancelation and return documents.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

You can’t get to your account balance anywhere on-line, although there is everything else there about your account. This seems so crooked to me .. Is my balance a secret? Are they going to suck money out of my account forever? Shouldn’t they be obligated to provide your account balance? I don't trust Conn’s at all!

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

On the date of my purchase I was told that my delivery date was 8/13/22, not only by the salesperson, but the mgr as well. I was told you will receive a call that morning to confirm a window. Come the morning of 8/13, I had not heard anything so I decided to call. "Mr. ** your delivery is not scheduled until the 20th! They never should have told you the 13th because they're only in your area every two weeks!" It would have been nice if someone would have relayed this to me prior to giving my old furniture away. Now I'm without furniture for a week! This is not customer service. My last purchase from Conn's.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Absolutely hand down worst company ever.. BUYERS BEWARE --- I purchased what I thought was new furniture BUT yet to find out they were aware they charged me full price for my items that were secondhand items per store Mgrs. Barry. The furniture arrived damaged, they again were aware of this because I was told this after they picked it back up and they tried to deliver the "NEW FURNITURE". I refused the new furniture and they took back the "secondhand furniture" on 7-21. Here we are 8-4-2022 and I still have yet to get a refund. I've called everyone (BBB, filed complaints with CONN'S Customer service # and filed a dispute with my credit card company). Conns is ignoring them as well. You are not allowed to speak with the District Mgr. who I am sure has no idea how these stores are being run. I've been told I am only trying to help you but if they were I would have received my refund 7-22-2022.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I purchased a washer and dryer from Conn's in 2019 and used their financing. The first thing I did was set up automatic payments for the minimum amount due monthly. I NEVER missed a payment, every month the amount due was pulled from the account. Fast forward to July of 2022 and I received a call telling me I had missed a payment in Oct of 2021. When I said that was impossible, I have always had automatic payments set up and have never missed a payment and never had a payment rejected or returned.

When signing up it even has a statement that IF a payment is returned, they would attempt additional times -- NEVER did that happen. I told them since my account was almost paid off, I needed them to send me documentation that the payment was returned or rejected because that is the ONLY way a payment would have been missed. They said they would send me my account ledger - I made sure they had my mailing address and waiting. NOW they are saying I am 30 days late and added that to my credit report -- AND they added an additional roughly $20 to the account for interest on the late payment that I NEVER missed. I am reaching out to my legal service to see what I can do to fight this - this is beyond dirty.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Stay away from this company, I got a range last year and it was supposed to be interest free for a year, tell me why I've been paying this whole time and it's never been interest free. And you want to know why, because I was 1 day late on 1 payment. They have no grace period. So because I was late 1 payment they decided to add a whole another grand to my total. I've called several times and no one wants to help. This company sucks. Stay away.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I purchased a high end 4 door Samsung refrigerator with the extended warranty. Earlier this week it quit cooling completely and spoiled the food since I wasn't home. Conn's said they would send a technician the next day but couldn't work with me on a time. When they called, I couldn't change the time so they informed me that I could try again the following day. I had to take a day off because once again they wouldn't work with me on a time. Now they said they have to order parts but they don't know how long it will tank and I will have to lose another day of work when the arrive. They also informed me that the warranty on the parts wouldn't be extended so if it happens after a few months it will not be their problem. This is just bad customer service so I won't ever buy anything Samsung or deal with Conns.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I ordered a fridge from Conn's after being told that the product was in stock and would be delivered on an agreed-upon date. That date was today, I took the day off from work because they said they wouldn't be able to give me a specific window; I called yesterday, they confirmed it would be delivered today. I called this morning to see if they had any updates on a time and they said they didn't know but it would absolutely be delivered today. I waited all day and at 5pm I called them again. They informed me that the product I ordered was on backorder and they didn't know when it would be back in stock. They swore to me that they had it in stock and they lied. The website lied when it said it was in stock at the time of ordering. The phone salesperson also lied when they told me that it was in stock. Customer service lied when they said it would be delivered today. Shame on Conn's for conducting business so unscrupulously. I'll be sticking with larger retailers like Costco and Lowe's from now on.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Conn's does not tell you (verbally) about their $100 Loan Origination Fee when extending you credit. I only found out about this after calling customer service to find out why my account balance was $100 more than my invoice. They called it a "filing fee" of which they couldn't tell me what it was for. They had to escalate my inquiry to a higher level. Got a call from someone days later who told me that it was in the "terms and conditions" that I signed.

When I told them that it was unfair for them to bury this in the fine print of their "contract" without explaining the charges I would have to pay, they were uncaring and dismissive. In my industry of finance, you have to tell consumers of the charges they will have to pay, upfront, while going over the contract. Not bury it down in the terms and conditions fine print. Also found out that this fee is charged by their choice, not as a requirement by law. That means they, can, by choice, waive it if they want to. This company is taking advantage of every single consumer that they extend credit to and it's doubtful that the majority of their customer base realizes what they're being charged. This is illegal, in my opinion, based on my experience in the finance industry. If it's not illegal, it should be. I will never do business with these people again.

Original review: April 7, 2022

I made a purchase for 3500 that is supposed to be delivered to my house on April 7. I have been calling for the delivery time since April 4 and have gotten nothing but the run around. I called on April 5 and spoke to a rep that informed me that they can't give out a time, and that I would get a call at 845pm the day before for when the time frame would be. Well I asked if they could just put in a note to please make me a priority for AM because my husband has to leave by 1pm to go to work. He went on to say no. I then asked, well if they come and get started and don't finish because he has to leave, then will they come back. He said, no they just leave it for me. I said leave it for me to assemble, but that's not right. So I asked for a manager. He said he would place me on the list to be called back.

So the manager called me back, and I expressed my concerns as above and she told me that I could call once I got the confirmation call to ask them to place a note to see if I could be an AM delivery. She went on to say that the rep was incorrect in stating that they would just leave my things there, if my husband had to leave, she said they would put in a ticket to come back if my husband has to leave to finish the assembly.

I received the confirmation call today, April 6, and I called, just as the manager said, and the same rep picked up and basically told me everything the manager told me was a lie, and that I had to take the time frame they gave. I am beyond frustrated with this process and I just want my merchandise. I did not spend 3500 to be treated like this! The delivery time is for April 7 from 1pm to 4pm, and my husband has to leave by 130pm for work. Can someone please contact me to sort this out? Again, I don't appreciate this miscommunication!

Conn's Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

Conn's Appliances Company Information