Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Compare Appliance Stores

Research top Appliance Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Conn's delivered LG LSXS26336V/01 refrigerator. It is used. Food/liquid left on freezer door, shelves missing in both refrigerator and freezer. Shelf missing on water/ice dispenser. No protective coating on refrigerator when box opened. The warehouse refuses to exchange for a NEW refrigerator that we thought was purchased. The refrigerator was purchased at the Arlington Texas store in the Highlands facility. John was the salesman, Dameon and Bill ** is the store manager. Dean is one of the Operations Manager that denied the exchange.

On labor day, 2016 I bought a refrigerator at a well known local store. The item was delivered to my house the next day. At the time of the delivery I was out of town. Two days after the delivery, I called the store asking to speak to the salesperson, but he was on vacation. Called the customer service and they said that I took too long to report it. So they said that there was nothing that could be done. I explained that the item was not what I had chosen, they still said that there was nothing they could do because I was not present at the time of delivery. Finally they mention that they were going to look it up and were going to take the correspondent steps. Until now I have been complaining every time I make payments on it but I don't get answer to my situation. That's why I'm written to find out where the right as a consumer protect me under the law. Thank you for your attention to the letter.

I initially went to Conn's looking for a living room set and don't like to use credit so I wanted to pay cash. Somehow they talked me into their build your credit account telling me lies about how it would help my credit and I could pay it in full (same as cash price) after 6 months in order to raise my credit score. Initially, I thought okay I guess it couldn't hurt but then I literally had to get all my banking statements, etc. and jump through hoops to finally get the credit. Once I hit the 6 month mark, the price, due to the finance charge, was much higher than I would have paid if I would have just bought it cash.

They also gave me a so called free TV which I didn't want and gave to my sister that later broke either way due to the cheap quality. 3 years later, they tell me that I still owe 3 times the initial price since only $22 of the $320 monthly payments I had been making all this time. They definitely live up to their name since they CON you out of your money. Now they sent me to collections and filed a theft of service report which according to my lawyer is just a waste of taxpayer dollars since it is a "breach of contract", not a theft of service. The furniture is not even worth $1,200, which was the initial price. They wanted to take MY furniture back and still pay them $250 or more due to late fees and interest for the so called FREE TV if I don't return it!

Oh, to top it off the pay off balance was now $3,980!!! I have paid almost $11,520 for cheap furniture that is not even leather and they still want more or to send me to court, I don't think so. This is a warning to anyone who is even thinking of financing with them. Don't take their word for anything. When they say free it really means it is worked into the price of the contract. I am taking them to court! They just want to get someone else on the hook via their partner company Rent-A-Center which is also a rip off. I'm sticking to my cash purchases like I should have done.

The man who helped us was wonderful but the manager and the lady at the front desk were terrible when it comes to service. They had given me a defect machine when I paid full price in cash. All they said was "Sorry" and if they can help in ANY OTHER way. What help could they give if they cannot solve the problem at hand? They constantly apologized and when I complained on Google Reviews, bots answered me. Shouldn't the manager answer me if they really cared about customer satisfaction?

I purchased stainless steel appliances set on 5/2015 from a new store that moved to Charlotte that had a great store opening promotion. The end of May 2016 I began to notice that my cold liquid item was beginning to spoil, vegetables turning brown, buttermilk and cheese very soft, I began to pay close attention to the refrigerator temperature. I notified the store manager and he informs me to call service department. When my left door on the fridge closes it causes the right door to open.

Conn's has been out four times about my door issue, first service call 6/2/2016, second service call 6/16/2016, three 6/21 and again 7/28. Strip was ordered and placed on the left side of double, left door was not the problem. The second service tech left my house after putting the strip on and advising that there was nothing he could do about the door issue. I was told to call the manufacturer and they schedule a service call to an outside repair company. I was told that if a manufacturer service tech or if Conn's came out again regarding my door issue I would have to pay $90.00 service call and I have warranty.

This is a double French doors with freezer bottom, and I was instructed that when you open the ice maker door and close you have open both doors so that the fridge will close both doors. I went into the store on 2 occasions and checked the LG fridge and that does not happen. I became a new customer for a minute and ask the question about LG. When I close the ice maker door why does it not pop open the other door. He indicated that does not happen, then I informed him that it does happen; He indicated that fridge has a problem. On the service trip 7/28 they decided to replace the coolant blower because it's preventing the fridge cooling.

Bottom line... My right door has no magnetism built into the door to make it close and why do I have to open both doors just to make sure it closes. After replacing my refrigerator I was told that I have to continue to pay for the old warranty because that is how they replaced my old refrigerator. I'm now paying for two warranties old and new...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

This business by far has the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. The sales person was pushy because of my high credit. They rushed to get me with all kinds of things. I paid for the best warranties under the impression I would be getting everything replaced new if they were to break (believe me this furniture is low quality and cheap). APPARENTLY that isn’t the case even though the store manager at Stapley and Baseline in Mesa gave me his word. I haven’t missed a payment and I am consistent however it angers me that I can do my part for Conn's fails to do theirs...

Hopefully a lawsuit in Arizona happens. I'm half way done with my payments but the furniture is so cheap looking and scratched (I’m a perfect housekeeper, like I said prior poor quality!) I am considering putting it in the garage (since my contract clearly states I can’t throw it out till it's paid) and buying new non payment good quality furniture. A big lesson learned here, I will never deal with furniture financing any of this sort again. Very sad and disappointed..

I bought a 65" LG TV and within 15 days the TV went to a blue screen and does not work. I cannot just return the TV and exchange it. Their policy is to have a technician come to look at it and tell me it is broken then go through LG and let them resolve it? What the heck. The TV is 15 days old and I can't get their Customer Service to respond or their Service to respond and the General Manager of the Mesquite store Alfred is absolutely worthless about getting anything done. It is almost Thanksgiving and I have 20 people coming over with no TV - no response from Conn's, no resolution to this problem, just the runaround. They are all passing the buck to the manufacturer...who passes it back to Conn's. I wish I could just return the whole system and go buy it somewhere else. Horrible experience. I have spent six days trying to get this resolved and still can't get a single person to call me back.

I tried to reach someone in management and even told the representative I did not mind driving to Beaumont if I needed to. We have not had a functional washer and dryer for over 4 weeks. That's one month... It took a week to get the appointment set up, then the wrong parts came in, another week, then the technician had one part and someone else had the other. Another week or more went by. In the end, we placed the warranty claim on 14 October and they came out to finally fix the machines on 16 November. Now the washer has to be unplugged each time you start a wash load to reset it or it will not start properly. My wife told me this evening that the dryer is now not working right. It stops and indicated the drying cycle is complete, but the clothes are still wet. This totally unacceptable. We have spent thousands of dollars with Conn's but I have learned my lesson. The machines are defective and should be replaced.

PS. The technician, George whom we tried to contact several times did not return my call until I left him a voice mail that I was calling corporate. Then when he returned to attempt to repair the machines, he had the nerve to tell my wife that he would appreciate it if she gave him all 5's on the survey so he could get his bonus. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Well I had gone in the store on 75th Ave just south of Thomas in Phoenix on 10/25/16 to pay my washer and drier off in full. Well the cashier took my payment and saw my check was for over the amount owed. I had only owed 671 and check was for 838. Well the first thing she did wrong was she processed the check for the amount owed and what the check was for.

Next she lied. She said to me that she was going to note the account about the overage and the account department would see that and send me the difference back and that has been since the 10-25-16. So I called on 11-11-16 to see how much longer it would be for my refund well to come to find out the lady that took the payment didn't not put any notes and basically I was told that time he would note the account like the first time and send the notes to the accounting department and call back in 24 to 48 hours and see what they say.

Then I call again on 11-16-16 and told that I need to provide proof that they made a mistake and basically calling me a liar. Well on 11-16-16 I took the proof back to the same store and talked to the supervisor there and he copies of all my proof and supposedly he had faxed everything to the corporate office. Well I called today which is 11-18-16 and they said they hadn't received anything. We are going on a month now and I am very very mad. I may go to news channel 3 because nobody Knows what they are doing. I'm frustrated.

On our last payment and our accounts being hacked having to already deal with a complete mess of having to change accounts on all of our cards Conn's would not waive 30.00. When I changed bank account number for our last payment I accidentally transposed two numbers (I am under a lot of stress with all this mess). I owned up to my mistake they kept asking well let's go ahead and verify see where the mistake was made. I said, "What for this was my last payment you won't have to draft anymore." I said it was human error we have paid close to 4,000 to Conn's and you guys can't waive 30.00.

Believe me after a couple of purchases I have made with the dump that will be who I will be doing my furniture shopping and Sears not as expensive for electronics. If a business can't waive 30.00 then that says a lot about a business. If they are willing to see customers go over 30.00 then that tells you what type of service you will be dealing with. 30.00? 30.00 is nothing. It's just upsetting!

Bought a LG washer last year in August 2016. As of September 2017 it stopped working. I called it in because I purchased the insurance on it... Well let's just say it's now November and it's still not working... I call every day and they just give me the runaround saying the problem has been escalated to management... When I bought the washer they offered the insurance and said if they can't fix it they would replace it... They get their sales people to sale you the insurance but it's a scam... I will never buy anything from Conn's again.

In the first week of September my wife Deborah and I bought an expensive refrigerator from your Sugar Land, Texas store. We were dismayed when we were informed that the refrigerator would not be delivered for over a week after we purchased and paid for it, however we had previously bought appliances from your company and decided we could live with having to wait for it to be delivered.

On September 12, your delivery people arrived at my home. We were prepared for their arrival with our food sitting out on the counters and our other refrigerator sold and gone. The driver tried to get my wife to sign for the refrigerator when they arrived, however my wife told him she would not sign until it was in the house installed. The driver went back to his truck and a few minutes later, one of the delivery drivers knocked on my door and asked me to walk out to his truck, explaining to me along the way that the refrigerator had been damaged.

There was no doubt looking at the carton that it had been hit hard, most likely by a fork lift. The refrigerator had a massive dent in it. The driver gave me a cock and bull story that he did not know the refrigerator was damaged when he left your warehouse, stating to me that the truck was already loaded when his coworker and him had arrived to work. I explained to the driver that I could not accept the refrigerator damaged, as it is a very expensive refrigerator. The driver informed me that he had to take the refrigerator back and that I would have to call your customer service to reschedule the delivery of a replacement.

When talking to your customer service, they explained that because they had already scheduled deliveries for the next day earlier that day, I would have to wait until the following day to have another refrigerator delivered to me. IE., it was Saturday and the soonest they could get another refrigerator to me would be Monday.

At that time I informed your customer service that I wanted a full refund and to cancel my order because I had food out that would spoil before Monday and that I was going to go to Best Buy or Home Depot and buy a refrigerator that I could bring home and install myself. The customer service agent asked me not to cancel the order and offered to reimburse me for any food that spoiled due to the problem with the delivery.

I agreed to wait on the new refrigerator to be delivered the following Monday and your customer service agent sent me a form to fill out for reimbursement for any food that went bad prior to the delivery of the replacement refrigerator. Unfortunately, the majority of our food went bad which lead to my wife and I filling out your food damage claim form and mailing it off to you on September 15.

Two days ago, basically 2 months later, we received a letter from your company, which indicated that our food damage claim was denied because we did not purchase a repair service agreement from your company. I called that night, November 14 and talked with a woman who told me that she would have someone contact me the next day to resolve this issue. She gave me a ticket number, #**.

Having not heard from anyone yesterday, I contacted your customer service today and asked to speak with a manager. The woman I talked to offered me $50.00 and explained that she could not honor my claim regardless of the fact that one of your customer service people enticed us back on September 12 to not cancel the sale of the refrigerator, promising us that your company would fully reimburse us for any loss of our refrigerated and frozen food.

The fact that we were lied to did not seem to bother your customer service manager or the loss of a long time customer who has purchased numerous appliances from your company over the past 20 years. Furthermore, when I explained to the woman that I am a former attorney and that she was leaving me no other choice but to sue your company, her response to me was to “stand in line.”

I would like to inform you now that a minuscule claim of under $300.00 is now going to cost you no less than reasonable attorney fees for one of my colleagues to represent me in a lawsuit against you in county court. I am not going to sue you in small claims court for $300.00, instead I am going to sue you in a county court of law for deceptive trade and fraudulent inducement.

Additionally, even though I understand your primary customers are low income, “we will accept your horrible service if you will finance us” people who probably could care less how your company treats them, I am going to make it my life’s mission to make sure people like myself who buy high end appliances by cash, will never step foot in one of your stores again. I promise you that you will be hearing about this matter for some time to come. I look forward to hauling your legal team and you personally in to court and teaching you crooks some manners.

Customer service has a rating of 0. There are no returns on furniture, manufacturer defects are haggled over. They want to fix not replace, the integrity of business dealings is none. Payment dates will not be changed to the date that suits you. You are emailed a copy of the purchase and you are not given a hard copy of even the delivery receipt.

Conn's will not stand behind their Warranty. Our electric sofa broke after 8 days of use and they are saying it will be almost 2 months before a technician can look at it to see if it is repairable. They do not care about their customers in the least. I will never return to the store. Be forewarned.

If I could choose a "0" or "-1" I would choose that. Service for an appliance that is no longer under warranty is lacking. In fact it is awful. My clothes dryer quit working. After navigating the user-unfriendly phone system that Conn's uses, I finally got a real person. Bottom line: the next available service appointment available in my area was a full TWO WEEKS away.

All the service technician could do was give me the number to the manufacture of the appliance. And, to add insult to injury, as I was on hold after learning about the TWO WEEK wait for repair, the telephone played a song about the greatness of Conn's... something like "jing-a-ling... Service at Conn's...jing-a-ling..." The prices were good at the time of purchase. But service is NOT NOT NOT something Conn's needs to be bragging about. Sincerely, Owner of Samsung washer & dryer and Toshiba TV and Samsung TV - all purchased at Conn's in Baton Rouge Louisiana.

Please don't buy anything from Conn's!!! I purchased a 23500 BTU a/c and heater unit from Conn's store in Katy Texas on April 23, 2016 for 749.00. I bought this unit to heat and cool my home. On October 3, 2016 which would be a few days short of six months of ownership. The factory warranty is for one year so I am well in warranty. I called Conn's repair department to see what the process would be. He scheduled a date to come to our home and try to repair the unit. He came in took the front panel off (the one that I take off to change the air filter) and said, "It's the pressure switch and there aren't any switches anywhere." He said that other units are failing for the same reason. The repairman said that he would do the paperwork for a replacement unit from Frederick (the manufacturer).

Guess what there are no a/c units in any Conn's store anywhere. Although the store manager said that he cannot check stock at any other store. This is about four weeks of phone calls almost every day. Without anyone agreeing to anything they say that Fredrick sent a credit of 749.00 to the store in Katy, Texas. After dealing with different levels of management, and finally ended up at corporate in Beaumont Texas, the final word is "There are no parts for your unit or replacement units." There is a store credit where I bought the unit, so just go there and pick out something else. What? Something else like what a couch or lamp, I need an air conditioner. I am supposed to wait until the store receives new a/c units, which will be in April of 2017. This is a heater and a/c unit, so I will have no heat this winter either.

I did check with other stores like Walmart, and they said that they could get one to me in 3 to 5 days. Why can Walmart do it and not Conn's. When Conn's asked me to get the serial number off of the unit, the first words before the serial number was... made in China. Since when is a Fredrick a/c unit made in China. Nothing resolved, they tell me the resolution team has decided that I have to wait another six months, then the warranty period will be over and I will get nothing. A store credit to my account would be nice since I'm still paying for this unit that doesn't work. I am TOTALLY not happy with Conn's. You would think with every other store and companies all concerned about customer service index scores and wanting to know if you would buy again from the same store.

I told the rude people that I was dealing with that Conn's spends, I'm sure millions of dollars on advertisement but you don't even try to keep a customer, if you read the reviews that I have read here from others. Why not try to have repeat customers... unheard of at this company. What poor management they have and unfriendly customer service reps.

Purchased washer/dryer on 9/30/16, 10/1/16 evening was delivered, 10/2/16 washed my first "heavy" load. It flooded down to my 1st floor ceiling. Called store Sunday, no answer. Called back was told they would call the manager to see what I should do. Monday, no reply. Called back Tuesday. Was told to call customer service. Called customer service. Was told they would send me to service. I said I need it replaced. Was told NO, since I bought a warranty they would have to repair. It couldn't be exchanged/returned. She proceeded to advise me she'd put an order in for service.

Received a call on 10/5/16 stating a repairman would call when he could come out. He called said be out on 10/7/16. I took off work. He said it needs two parts he had to order and stated he'd order them now and would take 3-5 days. Then when I call back and ask about the part because I hadn't heard anything they tell me the part wasn't ordered until 10/10/16. I advised them I was told by the repairman he was ordering it then, he sat in his van, I assumed, doing that. He was still sitting there as I pulled off to work.

After many runarounds with cust. service dept., he calls to replace the new parts and shows up 10/17/16. He then advises me that now he needs another part!!! I must say he had been very nice. At this point it has been 16 days since. I learn that there is a refund/exchange so I go to the store and ask for this policy. After reading it I ask for an exchange. After an hour the manager stated she'll request the part be expedited or a replacement. I said "no, I want it replaced." She stated it should be 24 hours. Then I call and ask the status then placed on hold. She came back said they wouldn't advise her of anything that they'll have to talk to me and gave me a ticket number to go by.

I called Cust. Serv. and spoke with Chelsey and explained the whole thing again. She says, after being on hold for 10 minutes, she comes back apologizes and says she'll update the original ticket that I want the exchange and should hear from them by Thursday. I get a call from the "parts" dept here in town stating the part had came in and a repairman would contact me to install. I explained to him the conversation I had with Chelsey and that I had that washer, not even 24 hours. He stated "well yeah if it breaks down in 72 hours they're supposed to exchange." He didn't see anything in the system only repair parts. After other calls going through the same runaround they tell me that I was supposed to call within 72 hours. I said I did. Was told the mgr. would get back to me. He didn't. Had to call them. He tells me call cust. serv... Blah blah having to repeat the entire scenario again!

Today was the Thursday that someone was supposed to call me. I called about 9 am. Was told nothing updated and have the rest of the day for it to be updated. Called again around 12:00 cust. serv. rep only mentioned the part was expedited, didn't see nothing else, went round and round. Finally told her I'll call back and speak with someone else. Meanwhile I finally find something online regarding the 72 hour policy and nowhere does it even mention a call has to be made within 72 hours (which I've explained I did anyway). 2 hours later call and am told this cust. serv rep is telling me all she can do is what Chelsey told me she was going to do but this time she tells me there's no guarantee no one will call me back.

At this point I am livid!! Three weeks is entirely too long to be given the runaround about a washer that didn't last 24 hours!! Sad thing is, I purchased an oven from them, no problems, no complaints. That's why I returned to purchase a washer and dryer. I will let everyone I know, work with (1,000 of employees) post everywhere I can about how you all treat your customers. There's even more conversations to mention but this is long enough. If zero stars was an option that would be my selection. However the repairman was VERY nice.

I brought a catnapper sofa and love seat from Conn's in May of 2016. It was delivered to my home. Within a week the seat cushion on the love seat bunched up causing a softball size lump in the seat. It took 6 weeks to repair it. Within a week after that it balled up again. Call Conn's repair. They gave another confirmation # which turned out it was going to take another 6 weeks to repair it again. I've had to waste time again - stop doctors appts. To make matters worse Conn's will call you they say to remind you you have a payment coming up then text you, e-mail you and your payment isn't even due yet.

That is what I call harassment in my book but they still haven't even fixed the issue with the product that they sold you. SHAME on you Conn's. I will consult with my lawyer to have this contract made null and void. You can pick up your couch and love seat and reimburse me all payments made by me. I should have gone to Rooms To Go, got a product that wasn't defective for 1/2 the price I paid. SHAME ON YOU CONN'S. Saying you're sorry doesn't cut it anymore.

I purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator from Conn's and as soon as we started using it the icemaker quit working. We had their service out on many occasions to repair unit and they could not find anything wrong. They even replaced the entire icemaker on two trips. The tech suggested they replace the refrigerator as the icemaker seemed to a defective unit. Conn's refused to do so and instead sent service techs out for the remainder of the warranty period, which was numerous times.

We wanted to purchase a service agreement and was refused to as the icemaker was not working and needed to be repaired at our expense first. This was plainly proof that Conn's cannot be trusted to stand by their merchandise and does not care about customer satisfaction. I strongly recommend you going to Sears for your purchases as they have always stood by their products. I will never again step into a Conn's store no matter how good the sale because they are plain and simply crooks.

Stay away from this company. They are liars!!! I have never had this bad of service from ANY company. I purchased an upright freezer in January 2016. On Oct 14 it was making a terrible noise. When we checked it all the contents were thawed completely. I called and scheduled service for Oct. 19. Conn's called and confirmed on the evening of Oct 18. They said the tech would call with a 2 hour window by 10am on the 18th. After now hearing from them I called and was told I was not scheduled because of a computer error. I told them that was unacceptable. My husband had taken the day off from work for this. They said they would reschedule for Oct. 21. I informed them that would not work because we could not take off on a Friday. I ask to speak with a supervisor. I was sent to voice mail.

After no return call, I called again and was told I was scheduled for Oct. 21. I explained, again, that was not an option. I ask again to speak to a supervisor. I was told that was not possible. After I told them I would report them for refusing to let to talk to them I was transferred to Rita. She gave me the same story (computer). She then sent a ticket to the resolutions department. I then call the store I purchased the freezer from. The manager told me if I had purchased the extended warranty Conn's would have already fixed or replaced it. When I questioned this because it was still under warranty he said, "But that is the manufacture warranty" (either way it's still Conn's service).

The resolutions department called and this was their solution-- Reschedule my appointment for Friday (again impossible) and a $50 credit. That does not even cover the pay my husband lost today. If this doesn't work then I can reschedule at a later date they said. I ask to speak to a supervisor and was told NO. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. This company does NOT care about the customer after the sale. Once they have your money you are history to them.

I am very disappointed with Conn's service department and their customer relation department also. My refrigerator makes a loud noise like something going to blow up. I took off work for the second time in 1 week to have it fixed and the tech didn't show. I have been sitting at home from 6:30 am to 10 pm and no one called or even try to reschedule. When I contact their Customer Relation Department they make you feel like it's your fault the service guy didn't show up. She started yelling on the telephone at me and I was told "if you want your product fixed then you need to called service again and schedule a new service called." I explained to her that Conn's should have called since they mess up in the first place. In fact I should have a tech either at my house or calling at 7 am Monday morning.

I want to explain in detail Conn's failure: 1. This were my second service appointment for the same issue on the same product. 2. Conn's service department says they don't give appointment time or a window on when the tech will show up so you have to just at home all day and the tech will call when they on their way. 3. I called Conn's service department at 3:21 pm the same day to let them know that I have not heard from anyone. I was they know about my appointment and they contact the tech and he will be there that day so stay there. About 7:30 pm to 8 pm I gave up. I finally called the store where I bought the product and they tried to called service to help take care of the customer. Nothing. Service did not answer them. What else can I do?

I filed a complaint with Conn's Customer Relation Department letting know the situation and that everything. I take off work. I am losing money. I am losing $300.00 a day. My time is just important the theirs. I explained to them in a report that Conn's care about their customer and to not even called to fixed the problem is a concern. I offer a solution to fixed your customer problem: either give a gift card or replaced the product with a new one like other competitor stores does. When I did talk to someone from Conn's Customer Relations Department she started making sound like it's my fault and started yelling on the telephone. I asked to talk the supervisor or Rita who contact by email to call her. I was told that I will not be talking with anybody else in this department and I will just have to deal with service if you want the product fixed!!!

I explained to her how I feel that Conn's is willing to sell you a product and a warranty but fixed It. Also, I explain that I didn't know this how Conn's operate and that I would rather pay more money for a product in order to get better service and Customer Satisfaction!!! So, I will cancel my credit with Conn's. Called someone else to fixed their product or buy a new one from a Company who honor their agreement and stand by their Customer and product. This Company are thieves!!!

I bought a living room set on January 31, 2016. When I bought it the salesperson told me that by buying the extended warranty and insurance that I shouldn't have to worry about anything that might happened. In July, I noticed that the chair, the ottoman, and the decorative pillows started to tear it off. The accent chair has a hole in the arm rest and that is because the sewing it's completely bad. I called Service in Sept because it is something that is getting worst on a daily basis, all this with just barely use of the furniture. We are all adults and I have no pets at home.

The technician went home and he said that it was a manufacture issue and that the chairs had to be fixed by re-upholster the whole thing, because even the clips were wrong. He said that I will receive a call to set up the service. Today, 10/5/2016, Conn's called me and said that I do not have an extended warranty, that the manufacture warranty, does not cover issues with the upholstery, and when I inquire to return the furniture that they will report that to the credit because I did not comply with the agreement! WHAT ABOUT THEIR PART OF THE AGREEMENT? THEY SOLD ME A SET OF TRASH for $3,300!!! This store is a SCAM! Also they told me TODAY, that is I have a home insurance, I should not have the insurance that they offer. So they include the insurance that I don't need, but exclude the extended warranty which is what I asked for!!! PLEASE NEVER GET ANYTHING AT CONN'S!!! NEVER EVER!!!

The dishwasher tore up and technician came out several times and couldn't fix. Then they tried blaming it on us. Took me 3 months to get problem fixed. Then finally after fussing with them after 3 months replaced it. The bedroom suite has been nothing but junk chipped every time you clean it. Told them to just come and get it after they call twenty to thirty times a day and text every ten minutes. Worst company ever to deal with.

I bought 4 items from Conn's. I bought a tv, a PlayStation 4, a laptop computer and an air conditioner. All of these items have since broken down and do not work properly. My mother also purchased a couch set which also broke because it was built cheaply. I have contacted them and they sent my computer to get fixed. When I called about it with the number they provided, it was just some guy that answered his phone and not a business. That was alarming considering that all my info was stored on the computer. I feel I was totally taken advantage of because I don't have the best credit and now I owe over 3000.00 for broken items. The tv had speakers that were blown in the first week I bought it and they told me it was a clearance item so nothing they could do. The air conditioner overheats and again nothing they can do. I feel cheated. I need a lawyer.

I bought 2 computers from Conn's on Riverdale Rd in Memphis Tennessee over a year ago. The salesperson said I got two years free interest. I get a letter after paying on it for almost a year stating my free interest for the first year is almost up and to pay it off or the contract kicks in. I freaked out. I called Conn's customer service. They didn't care. I went to the store, and they didn't care. I even talked to the CEO of Conn's, Mark Prior the attorney for Conn's and the CEO's assistant. They didn't care one single bit. Look at the Internet. This company has more complaints against them than you can imagine.

Now, I was wrong for not reading the contract and believed the salesperson so I did sign it, but I also have 3 recorded conversations now with the salesperson with her admitting I didn't have to pay any interest for the 2 years. This is not the first lie this company told me. They can't keep salesmen or managers. Every time you go into Conn's to make a payment, there are different employees.

This company only puts Conn's stores in low income (usually mostly **) neighborhoods knowing they can stick it to you. They look for people with bad credit. Here is a for instance. If a TV at Best Buy cost you let's say $600, then at Conn's that exact TV is usually $200 or more than the one at Best Buy and other stores.

I have over 60 peoples names that have been lied to by Conn's. I have passed out over 50,000 fliers at my expense telling people in the Memphis area what they did to me and not to shop at Conn's. I have met 3 different ladies in person crying their eyes out because what Conn's did to them. Go to hhGregg. At least they won't lie and the prices are cheaper and they can get you the same financing. I will continue to pass out fliers and I will do it until it makes a big financial dent in Conn's profits. Please do not shop at Conn's.

We are buying a refrigerator from Conn's since June 2014 still owe 1 more yr. to go, still under warranty. It never worked properly. Since we've had it we have called 4 or 5 times for repairs. The ice maker would get stuck and it was freezing in refrigerator and defrosting in the freezer. The first time we called and they sent a tech he said that we had the settings wrong. He changed them. Told us he did not find anything wrong. We called again. Said the same thing - wrong settings, changed. These calls were on different days since we got it in 2014. I then would just reset the settings lower refrigerator and up on freezer, each time we would lose a lot of food. I then tried 1 more time. They sent a tech. He said it had to do with vents. He said he would order parts. I asked tech why didn't they say that the other times. He didn't know.

Finally parts came in. The tech installed 9-13-16. Didn't notice any change. In about 1hr later it completely quit working, called tech back, didn't return our call so we called the next day. He said he would write it off so we could get a replacement. We took it out for Conn's to pick up, left it outside, we assumed they had picked it up. We were busy with a dying relative so we were not at home most of the time. When we did not hear from tech we called him back. He said Conn's didn't let him write it off that he had to try again to fix it. We said no that we were tired of dealing with it that we wanted it replaced. As of yet have not gotten anywhere, no food, no refrigerator.

I bought a nice living room set so I thought it was. I haven't even had the sofa 7 months and the large sofa has broken. The wood used has split in half. I called to get it replaced and they tell me that I must first give the tech a chance to fix it. I don't think that if I'm paying high dollar for something that it should be fixed, I should be allowed to get another one. Poor quality wood was used on these things. But don't be late one day because they will be blowing up your phone for payment. Very dissatisfied.

My family has done business with Conn's for 40+years but it has stopped TODAY!!! We even knew and were very good friends with the founder C.W. Conn (he would be turning in his grave the way they are doing business today!). Watch out for their "insurance and property" rates---they are HIDDEN fees!! We bought a 55" TV, paid it off within the 24 months and they are still trying to get a "balance owed". RIDICULOUS!!!

On Sept 2nd, we went to Conn's to get a washer and dryer. My husband recently retired from the Air Force after 28 1/2 years and moved to Arizona from Guam. A friend referred us to Conn's. We meet Micheal **, the sales manager and he was very informative and we really had a great experience in the store with him. He recommended the washer and dryer that was priced at $1299 each. Mike was confident that the price would go down to $699 each for the Labor Day sales and if it didn't as a manager he would adjust the price himself. At that we choose a back up washer and dryer that cost $699 each because I made it clear to him that I did not want to pay $1299 for one washer and $1299 for one dryer when I can get both at that one price $1299. We went there on a Friday. He said that Saturday night he would know if the prices went down and the new tickets would print Sunday morning.

The delivery was scheduled Sunday afternoon, and he promised to call me before the delivery. That did not happen. The $1299 washer and dryers were delivered to our residence. I called him that day and he said he was working on it. I asked him if I needed to come in and sign a new contract and his response was no, that he would just adjust the price. Then I asked him do I have room for pedestals in my line of credit since the price is being adjust and he said yes. That he would have the 2 pedestals delivered but there would be a delivery charge. I said that was fine. A week later never heard from Conn's. I called and spoke to a Peter who was the manager of Ops and he said he would call Mike to ask him what's the status of my account and Peter would call me back. That never happened. I called Peter again on Saturday Sept 17, and Mike was with a customer and that he would have Mike call me back. That did not happen.

This morning we went to Conn's and spoke to Jeff the store manager. Jeff refused to call Mike today to help rectify the problem because it is his day off. Jeff also made a statement that we left the store with false hope that day that the washer and dryer would go on sale. I corrected him and said it is not false hope, and that we were totally fine purchasing the $699 red washer and dryer. Jeff basically made it sound like we should've known better and that if we wanted to cancel the whole contract there is a restocking fee. I advised him I refused to pay that because I was mislead by his sales person. The biggest problem is that Jeff was nowhere concerned about customer service and there is no way around waiving the restocking fee. At the time this was happening there was another customer paying her bill and she also mentioned they have bad customer service and agree with me they were rude.

All was fine with us and Conn's until we met Jeff. We would of just had them take the $1299 washer and dryer and give us the $699 ones. And if the price cannot be adjusted we would like to cancel the contract with no restocking fee for 2 reasons. 1) poor customer service; 2) misguided from the sales manager. Today Conn's manager really gave us the worst experience ever. My husband has to even tell him, "be careful what you say". The manager called us gullible.

We purchased a washer dryer set to be delivered. We scheduled a delivery date and was told we would be contacted the day before delivery with a time frame of the delivery. We did not receive a call so we went back to the store only to be told that the units were on back order. They scheduled another date for the next week (week two). We received a call with the time frame and we agreed on that time and date. The morning of the delivery, we received a call and they stated the units were on back order again and rescheduled another day for one week later (week three). To this date we are very frustrated and will never shop at this store again.

Conn's Appliances Company Profile