1.06/5

Need an appliance store?

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1229 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Ok. Am I frustrated? Yes I am. Is it necessarily Conn’s fault? No it isn’t. Somehow we contracted a virus on a brand new iMac within a few days of owning it. According to the Tech who repaired it. Never have either her nor I experienced that before. Which is why we wanted to just start over and get a new computer. But the policy is what it is. And Conn’s did fix it. It’s a great company and was there for us when we didn’t have the best credit. Now we do and could go directly through Apple to get a computer or Best Buy. But we chose Conn’s. Why? Because we already have a couch through them and so we decided to just add to that to keep one account. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again. Shouldn’t get a virus on an iMac.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Well, apparently there was a virus. A virus on a brand new IMAC. Seems unlikely. However, we asked that we be allowed to exchange it for a new one. Even exchange even if we are required to use the Conn's Homes Plus Warranty and we’d still be willing to pay the same monthly amount as if we still had the warranty on the new exchanged computer and they still said no. They said that we would have to pay the 15% restocking fee. I asked that the fee be rolled into the loan, since we were approved for much more anyways, and still no. I don’t understand the determination to fight us. When we only had the computer for 5 days before bringing it in for service. Why can’t we be allowed to exchange the computer for a new one and roll the restocking fee into the loan. We pay off our stuff. I thought we have proven that. Most companies will work with you under the circumstances but Conn's appears to only care about themselves not the customer.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

My name is Toyia ** and we purchased the iMac on 10/30/2018 and took the product home that same day. We opened it and began using the Computer. The very first day we noticed that it was uncharacteristically slow. I mean with no applications open it was still slow. The thinking rainbow would appear for simple stuff. We had just bought it and was hoping that it would go away.

After about 5 days and after discussing the issue with an Apple Representative we decided we had to take it in. We explained to the rep over the phone, I called the Conn's store before I brought it in, what was going on and that we’d like to use our warranty to get a new computer. He told us that if we used the Conn's warranty that it would use up the full warranty. He suggested that we bring it in and have it sent out for repair. That way if it was deemed to have a defect from the manufacturer then they could give us a new computer without affecting our warranty. I asked how long would the process take and I was told a few days. Well, not exactly the truth.

Apparently since it was a new computer Conn's is utilizing the manufacturer's warranty and if repair is in fact recognized then it will get repair and we would be forced to continue to pay for a basically refurbished item. Even after several calls of dissatisfaction and us stating that we were fine with using the Conn's warranty to get a new computer knowing the consequences of us using up that full warranty they stated that they would not honor that request. Offered us the 14 day return policy instead where you pay a 15% restocking fee.

Why would we want to return it??!? We just want a new computer not a repaired one that we just bought! We have a few items with Conn's that are paid off and up to this point didn’t really have an issue with them. I can say with confidence that we will not be using this company ever again. After we have paid off our remaining loan balances we are done with this company. Extremely disappointing. Not upset just disappointed. I will say that the store itself has great customer service. And we really wasn’t expecting this.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I am so disappointed with my most recent purchase from Conn's in Killeen, TX. I purchased an LG television on 10/20. I started noticing some picture issues with TV and called Conn's only to never have my call returned. Well, on 11/6, I get home to sit down and watch TV and there's nothing but audio coming from the TV. I called Conn's again and asked to speak with a manager and was told that someone would call me back immediately... again, no call. How does this happen to a brand new television. Now the price has dropped $100... Seems to me that I was sold on a piece of junk. I'll be calling every day until I speak with someone. I no longer want this merchandise.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I took out the credit insurance that they sell to you with your payments. I have 2 accounts but only one insured. Had major surgery on 9/24, did all the necessary paperwork for them to pay my September 26, payment and October 26 payment. One account I'm current on. The second one is the one I actually have the credit insurance which its sucks. I submitted my physician statement of my final date to return to work (November 5th) and they tell me they cannot honor my Oct 26th payment because it was too soon for them to pay my October 26 payment since they made my payment for September -October 23rd. They said they only pay up to 30 days increments. My documents submitted clearing stated I will be off 9-24/11-5, 6 weeks.

Ok, I am release to go back to work on November 5th which I will have to work 2 weeks to get paid, but you are continually want to get paid for this credit insurance which they are not honoring. I am writing as well to the BBB, this is not unacceptable, I am constant receiving phone calls from Conn's corporate office every day from 10/26-until now when can I make a payment and can I borrow from someone etc. I explained to them the situation. They telling me they have added a late charge and this can be reported to the credit bureau etc. I asked them can they extend to November 16 which will be my first check to received when I go back to work. They tells me that's too late. What am I supposed to do, I do not want this reported as late on my credit due to their credibility of product services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We purchased a Samsung ceramic top black stainless steel electric oven range. It's less than two years old and the coating that makes the stainless steel appear darker is peeling off in several places. For that reason alone should discourage anyone from purchasing this product. I always cleaned it with the appropriate cleaners for the ceramic top and the stainless steel with its cleaner. The coating is frail and defective.

However, this is the least of my concerns, if that wasn't big enough. When hurricane Harvey came through we got four inches of water in our mobile home. About a week after that, the oven part of the range stopped working. It took over a year to get them to do anything about it. It is still not fixed. I tried to submit a warranty because I was thinking it was water damaged. They sent a service tech to my home and he couldn't do anything because I had had the range turned off at the breaker because it makes a constant beeping sound due to the malfunction. I had to go to work and told him I would leave it on so it would return the code. He said I could text him a picture of the code when the code returned and he would reschedule the appointment. I did so that evening when I got home from work because it was displaying the malfunction code.

Two days go by and I didn't hear anything back so I text him and still no response. A day or so later I tried to call, but he didn't answer. I received an email from Conn's to review my experience and after doing so, they reached out and rescheduled my appointment. The next service tech that came out ordered the main board that was defective and said another tech would be out to install it. The service tech that came out said it was the wrong part and left and put in his notes that malfunction was caused by infestation. I was on the phone with one of the people they have to continually hound for money even though it takes them a year to get around to attempting to fix the product, but yet they will call every hour on the hour...

Anyway, I was on the phone and she got me in touch with the service department who then gave me an email address where I could send dispute photos of the "infestation". At this point I am like, "Come and get this stuff or I can happily bring it to you." The man I spoke with in the service department sounded more sympathetic than anyone I have spoken to about this, and the lady in Beaumont, she was a winner too. All the rest of them...just doing their jobs. I took the back of the oven off exposing the components and took four pictures and sent them to the email address he told me to send it to.

If I could post them here I would and you can see for yourself the "infestation." However, this won't be last place I post a review so I am sure I will find one that will let me post pictures. I may even reach out to the news. They love stuff like this, especially Harvey victims. Needless to say, I have yet to hear back from the service department about the pics I sent them. They really should make their techs photo document the product if they're going to list a condition that will void the warranty.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

They give you credit to buy the products in their store. Put insurance on it even if you have coverage on your contents and claim it will be taken off (even when you have the proof of insurance at time of purchase), takes several months to get that straightened out. Told 12 months same as cash, except no one bothered to say there was a $100 filing fee (for them to set up the account) per contract. Didn't find out that until called for the payoff. Was told could get up to $6000 worth of stuff. Purchased some one day and some more the next. That was classified as 2 contracts and so up the cost by $200 for all of it. The furniture that was delivered was not the same quality as what was on the showroom floor. Would not recommend this store to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I receive my new mattress and the delivery driver said he could only get the top plastic unfolded to above bottom corner not all the way off for us to look at prior to accepting delivery. Worst mistake ever. Come to find out that particular corner had a hole in it! Call customer service immediately that day thinking they care about customer experience and did not receive a call. We had to call continuously down to their customer service agent along with distribution center.

Finally 3 days later we are given an option for a rebate return for 600 dollars or a exchange. We asked for the exchange and still have gotten nothing. Then come to find out they do not honor price match - only under certain scenarios. Most people do the 0% finance but they don’t disclose that you can’t get price match if that’s what you did at purchase. But the particular store we purchased from stated they will do both - we have been sleeping on couches and given no resolve just stories and lies. Not even an area manager has reached out as promised. I work with the auto industry and have seen it all but this deceptive practice by Conn's is true poor customer service and a horrible experience. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM CONN'S AGAIN! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CONN'S!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I got a new refrigerator that was about 2,500 and it broke within the warranty time and they had send a mechanic about 10 times and they waited until the warranty had expired and they never fixed anything. They lied to me and they never even did anything to my fridge. I would never recommend them to anyone. They are very unprofessional. I would not recommend anyone to shop here or get their warranty. They only steal your money and they don’t deserve their money. You wouldn’t want anything to do with them. They like to scam people.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I would like to say if I knew now what I knew then. I have been on time for every payment even early. My payment is due on the 17th. It is literally 4 days past due I have received 4 calls a day since the 18th!! I finally spoke to a person who laughed when I told them it's harassment to call 5 times a day. She laughed at me like I was a person who never paid my bills. Then her manager got on the phone and said, they are going to keep calling till they someone answers. I explained to him that they can't call over in over every hour. It's harassment. I'm never late. He was rude seemed to not care about us as a customer.

I was furious. I explained we pay our bills in time and never will I recommend Conn's to anyone. NO need to harass a great customer who pays on time. Do not purchase a item from this place. If you are 1 day short of paying a payment you will be harassed. 3 days before a payment is due you receive 2 emails a day. To remind you of a payment you know you owe. So to sum up my experience This company I would not recommend.

Conn's Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

• Best for: Foodies, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs