1.05/5

Need an appliance store?

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1273 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have had many accounts with Conn's - no problem, but this will be the LAST ONE. I currently have an account and because of their crappy merchandise an tv I bought from them went out after less than a year. Good thing I had warranty even though it took the over two week just to get past the lies. Next problem - I go in for the exchange and the tv is no longer available, so I had to get a different one which was $400, so they added it to my current account. This also made my payment jump up double. It’s fine. Whatever.

Well the payment day comes and the tv had not been added so I chose to make the payment as if it was there so I can be done paying it off. This goes on for two months and I continue to pay. Well now it’s February and they are calling saying I’m behind on my payments and this and that. Clearly it’s not true. You can’t argue with bank statements. So I really hope the problems is fixed and we don’t have to go to court because y’all don't know how to do your jobs.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Bought a home and needed all new appliances. Average credit so was seeing what my options were. Approved for 0% financing for 12 months. Delivery was fast and without many issues. The salesperson did try to tack on warranties and other high price services to almost double the contract total. I caught it fortunately, so buyer beware and read the fine print! I walked away with a fair deal because I read before signing.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The managers in the Conn's store on Dowlen Rd in Beaumont were both disrespectful and condescending in their approach to my problems with an exchange and a return. Ultimately, I cancelled my refrigerator delivery and left with no satisfaction on a return of $30 hoses that came with my recently purchased clothes $1500 clothes washer and weren't long enough. We had to purchase our own hoses and install the machine ourselves. We have been loyal customers over the years but will never return to a Conn's store due to customer service and attitude.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Spent 3800.00 on sofa set and dinette. Only had for 2 months. The cushions in the couch are deflected. The cushions actually went flat after sitting on the couch approximately 8 times. Customer service is a nightmare. I've been put on hold 3 times for approximately 40-45 minutes each time. It's been 2 weeks now and I still havent gotten anyone to take care of this matter. I just left the Conns where I purchased this furniture and the Manager gave me a number for the Corporate office. They put me back to the same service line and I just hung up after being on hold 37 minutes, I spoke to no one. DO NOT buy from this company. This is the worst service I've ever endured. Actually no service.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Do not buy warranty because they want you to take off work when they are available not when you are off. Second time somebody has to come out and fix my fridge after losing 10 hours of work the first time and losing money on the food that was in my fridge. Just never buy from Conn's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We got G washer and dryer that was on sale. Both of them together was $1,400. A refrigerator Whirlpool with 799 paid $700 down. I talk my husband into extended warranty. Did not say that it was for two years also the insurance and come to find out instead of charging 6% tax they charged 8% tax. Said that, "The payments was 149 a month but if you paid 200 something a month it would be paid off early." Come and find out by the time I finish paying this will be $5,000. They will not take a bar and he's off and I'm still fighting on the tax issue. Never ever buy from them. They steal and Rob you and call you all the time even when your payment is not due for a few more days. I cannot believe that the warranties was $500 $500 and then was $400 in the insurance that we did not need. This company is nothing but a big Criminal. Happy to say we have not had any problems with the appliances that we did buy. Thank goodness.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

First of all you end up paying too much for whatever you purchase. I bought a washing machine which in the end cost me about $1,400. Ridiculous, but I had to have it. The customer service and nasty the emails are never-ending, if you pay after your due date. They threatened to turn me over to collections. I had not reached their late payment date. I have been paying on this washing machine for 2 years. Never went past the late date. And come to find out their collections, is actually Conn's collections. This really makes me angry, why do they treat their customers so bad? I will NEVER purchase another thing from them. Do not be intimidated by this company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

On January 11 I accidentally paid off my balance online instead of making a $100 payment. I was told 10+ times that the payment was approved for reversal on the 18th and that I needed to wait 7-10 business days for the money to go back into my bank account. I explained that that money was my house payment and that I could lose my house over this. I was repeatedly told not to worry the money was credited back on the 22nd of January and to again wait 7-10 business days. NOW on the 5th of February I’m told no the account was closed. I AM GOING TO LOSE MY HOUSE OVER THIS!!! I WILL NOT NEED THE APPLIANCES!!! My elderly mother and father live with me! I was assured MANY MANY times the money was being credited back to my account. Believe me - I will go straight to Fox26 news with this - and I will personally drop the appliances back on your doorstep when I lose my house.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I bought a side-by-side Whirlpool refrigerator in August 2018. Here we are in January 2019 and the refrigerator went out. Besides from losing over $300 in food I’ve been without a refrigerator now for more than 15 days. Having to buy food every day because the refrigerator is still not fixed. A Conn’s technician came to check the refrigerator out and he told me since it was brand new that I should request a new one. A Whirlpool technician also came to check it out and told me the same thing.

So I’ve been out of a refrigerator for 15 days, plus they said the part it will take another 7 to 10 days to come in and they’re going to replace the compressor. I guarantee you the compressor will be a used refurbished compressor. So I’ll be paying for a “new refrigerator” but actually it will be a used one because again, the compressor will be a refurbished one. Conn's customer service said that the technicians gave me ill-advised information. But two different technician said the same thing and yet Conn's sticks to their policy. They don’t care about the customer. They care about making money no matter who they rip off. I’ll never again shop at Conn’s and I would never recommend them to anybody!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I would not use Conn’s credit depart. First I was harassed by the credit department before my payment was due. I advised them to take my number off their records. Now they have hit my credit report for a late payment that was not late.

Conn's Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

• Best for: Foodies, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

TX
    Fax:
    www.conns.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.