1.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

1071 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I made a purchase for a Washer & Dryer and the next day wanted to exchange it for a different one. I was told at that time it would be a $200+ restocking fee. And that the fee would need to be paid before they would pick up/deliver a new set. Keep in mind most major reputable retailers offer free exchanges. Less than 24 hours I had the product and I couldn't exchange it without shelling out more money. Right. So I went to the BBB and they said, "Sorry. We cannot help you." In addition to that, when I called their support line they were unhelpful as well. I asked if the fee would be waived and was told no. On top of all that, while I was waiting for a resolution, I didn't make a payment.

So the 0% financing given to me was removed from the account. Do yourself a favor. Do not use this retailer. Their predatory practices are expensive. Trust me. It's companies like these that prey on those with less money, lower credit scores, and our consumer dollars should be spent on companies who have transparent practices. Not, "Oh, you signed this when you made the purchase." Oh, you mean the hundred and one pages on the iPad. Oh yea I totally read that.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I purchased 2 ea twin bed mattress sets earlier this year. On August 11, 2017, I paid my account 1-1/2 years early, in full, per my online statement. Shortly thereafter, I got an text from Conn's stating that although I had paid off MOST of my account, I had a small remaining balance. I immediately called the number listed in the text and was told that my remaining balance was approximately $0.60. I offered to pay the balance by check, go to the local store and pay it, whatever the store representative recommended. He said that he would have the store write off the remaining balance. I told him that I appreciated his courtesy and was told that the 60 cents would be written off in the near future. After that, I continued to receive weekly reminders that I owed Conn's money. I contacted Conn's after each reminder that I received and was always assured that the balance was being written off.

After 1 month of texts from Conn's and telephone calls I was informed that although Conn's was going to write off the 60 cents due, I now owed over $5! But, I was told not to worry about it because the WHOLE balance due would be reduced to -0- when it was written off. Today, 10/13/17, I contacted Conn's again only to be told by the phone representative that I owed $67!!! I told the rep that I DID NOT owe $67 and then immediately called the local Conn's store. The local store told representative me that I owned $11.12 (remember, the initial unpaid balance was 60 CENTS!). I immediately went to the local store and paid the $11.12 to clean the account. I then called the 800 number to inform the representative I had spoken with just an hour earlier that I had gone to the local store and paid my account in full -- $11.12.

At that point I was told by the account representative that my account WAS STILL NOT PAID IN FULL and that I still owed $0.50 -- 50 cents! I then tried to pay the 50 cents using my debit card and was told that Conn's could not accept my card for a 50 cent payment, and that I would have to pay at least $1 to ensure that my account would be paid in full and closed. A 60 cent underpayment, that was NOT written off as promised cost me $12.11 over a 2 month period -- from August 11 - October 13, 2017. What a RIP! I would not recommend anyone using Conn's Credit. They can't even get their payoff right and all of this occurred within a 30 minute time period from being told that I was paying off my account in full by the local store to being told that I still owed another 50 cents by the accounting department!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Anyone out there do business with Conn's be aware that the interest free financing is **. They arbitrarily add charges to your bill, then cannot tell you what it is for. They cannot even give you a payment record. It is a complete ripoff. I will never do business with these shady son of guns again. They used to be a fine company. Now, they are complete crooks. I have paid off a 24 month account in 10 months and there are over 100 dollars in unaccounted for charges.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Conn's offered me a 0 percent interest rate which I was pleased with. However, I had a life event and was late with my payment by 12 days. They changed the apr to 20%. If you are even one day late they call you at least 15 times per day from different numbers. Their customer service and warranties are absolutely worthless.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

DO NOT COME TO THIS PLACE... EVER! My husband and I started the process of getting a couch with these people until I saw the awful reviews and I changed my mind. The next day, my husband got 6 calls throughout the day asking if we were still interested. Each time my husband said no and to stop calling us. The last time they called (5 minutes ago) my husband said "Look, my wife ordered something online and we do not want to do business with you guys" and the ** hung up on my husband. Very unprofessional to harass people like this. I think all the bad reviews should be taken into consideration if you plan on using Conn's. (Conn's really is the perfect name for them.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I decided to buy a bed frame from Conn's Appliances because I got tired of the unstable metal ones and opened an account with Conn's. HUGE MISTAKE. I had my account for about 3 months and realized even making more than half the minimal payments my debt wasn't going down so I called and paid my account off in FULL and told them to close my account on July 28th 2017. I kept receiving texts and emails that I am ahead of payments and have a small balance remaining.

I called on Aug 8th they said they see I have the request to close my account and they didn't know why but the account is already 'technically' closed but I have an amount of about $4 left to pay. I told them I wasn't going to pay another dime. The account was already paid off in FULL Sept. Rolls around. I get the same email and text. Called again. My account isn't closed. It is now Oct. And my account still ISN'T CLOSED and it says I have a pending balance of $80 remaining. No honey I don't think so!!! Calling again today. Please don't ever buy from here. It is the Worst. On top of them trying to play with my money they do nothing but waste your time!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Purchased $899.99 desktop computer with almost $300.00. Saleswoman, Laura, did not know what she was talking about. Said 12 month no interest and the warranty covered damaged or stolen. Did not receive paper or email statement. Find out interest is 29.9% and they added another warranty. Have tried for 2 months to get this taken care of. Have been hung up on, lied to and dismissed. Called corporate number, has been ringing for 27 minutes. BBB! Here I come!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I got a Brand new LG washer from Conn's on the 9 of September. It was delivered on the 11 of September. After 3 washes it was broken, on September 16. I called the store September 17. Was told to call on the 18 of September. After talking with someone and telling them I was not happy about a new washer breaking down after I just purchased it and that I wanted to return the item, I was told a serviceman would be out to look at it first. Someone came on the 20th of September.

After several calls on today's date September 22 the service ticket was turned in. I was told a part had to be ordered and the washer could not be fixed until September 28. I told them this was unacceptable and that I did not want a new washer that had to be fixed. I want a new washer or they could come pick up the washer. Now I am told in order to return the washer I had to bring it myself and pay a restocking fee. I just want the washer to be picked up and returned without paying any more money to Conn's that I do not have to pay in the first place. Thanks sincerely. A hurt and confused woman.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I live alone... I have no company, therefore my couch has limited use. I am the only one who sits on it. I called Conn's for service. The tech came out. Told me what he would do to fix it. Then the service dept. says they will not repair the couch. It was not a defect. it is normal wear. This couch was less than 1 yr old and vinyl is peeling. I was told it was leather. I am stuck with a couch that wore out in less than a yr. I could understand if I had children or many visitors. I am the only one on this couch. I have called everyone I can think of... no one will tell me who is in charge. I am a widow with no one to help me and Conn's has washed their hands with an attitude of "Too bad". So sad. I'll sit on the floor before I ever go to Conn's again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have had several accounts with Conn's. I was called about a match pay program that would pay off my account. I paid what they stated was half and they matched it to bring the balance to 0! Now they are saying it was not valid! Don't ever use Conn's for anything! We are building a new home and I will pay double price just so I don't have to use these crooks again!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

We have been waiting over a month for Conn's to come fix our tv and no one has come yet! The technician lied about calling us saying we never answered the phone or door when I took off work just to be here! He even hung up on the Conn's representative that called him because he knew we caught him in a lie! We've called countless times to talk to a manager yet no one will help us. Conn's broke the agreement we have with them and now refuses to hold up their end! I will never EVER go shop at Conn's again! We've tried calling corporate all week and no one has called us back!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

DO NOT enter into a Lease Agreement with Conn's. Their "Yes" lease is a complete rip-off. I priced a dining table and 4 chairs. Retail was $799. After making (26) lease payments of $80/bi-weekly, I would have given them $2,080 (not including 9% taxes). I have a regular account, but they were unable/unwilling to extend additional credit? So, I went to another retailer (Brown's Furniture) who extended $5,000 worth of credit thru Synchrony Bank with 12 months interest free. The store on Ambassador Caffery in Lafayette is a rip-off.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Hi, I purchased a 65' curved Samsung TV through Conn's Acceptance Now Dec 2016. I purchased additional items as well. The sales rep was courteous of course. I never received my final paperwork. But I purchased this television with warranty April 2017. I called and was told I had to speak with Customer Service warranty department on April 17, 2017. I received a phone call that I could take my tv... And get a replacement and nothing would change. Everything was like an exchange since I purchased the warranty and I had 30 days for the credit. Ok I take my broken TV to Conn's to get the replacement and I also had surround sound that didn't work but I'm talking about this almost 2,000 dollar tv.

I take it back. Sales rep in the store Daisy say, "look for something." They have the 2017 version of the TV I purchased for same price. I pick it out. She's about to load it and I say "Ok so exchange correct?" She says "Yes just have to go through paperwork again." I say "Ok" then she ask do I want to re purchase insurance on the tv that I'm getting. I say "I'm not purchasing another insurance/ warranty that I've already purchased originally." She then states if I want this television to be covered I have to pay 460 for another warranty/insurance to cover this TV because I just used the other insurance/warranty on the broken tv... I say "No I'm not doing that." She say, "I'll run your credit to see if you get approved for the warranty/insurance???" "Why? I purchased it originally. You are doing an even exchange right." "But your insurance was for the old TV not the new." Now I'm irate.

So Daisy gets the manager. Both says "Hey you can take the 1699.99 credit and put towards your account" (that's what my TV cost and they were allowing that for the new replacement/exchange) so I say "Hey let's do that because I can't/will not pay another 460 for warranty/insurance that I've already purchased." So there is another problem. Seems that I cannot do that but I was told by the sales rep and the store manager David that I could. Not to mention I was already told everything would stay the same once I got to the store to get another TV.

They are not on the same accord. One person says one thing the others on the phone says something totally different so I left the store leaving them with all the broken items I purchased 65' Samsung curved TV and the Samsung curved theater system. I just want my TV new not opened box with my remains of the four-year warranty I purchased and my theatre system fixed that's all or I want the 1699.99 credited to my account. Corporate is unprofessional and unconcerned. I spoke with Danielle the manager. Emailed her. She called while I was in the store and said she would don't do either... Who can I contact to for a solution to my problem?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

We bought a leather sectional $3500.00 + we added extra warranty. Recliner mechanism broke. Called for service. Took a few weeks but was fixed up fine. Had couch about 11 months. Noticed the leather was bubbling up. Called for warranty. Sent a rep out and he said it was from normal wear and tear. "What are you talking about?" I said. "It's not even a year old." Then I pointed out. It turns out it's not even real leather. It's fake and peels off like rubber. Conn's lies and bait and switch.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I've been paying for a TV with Conn’s for 6 months and I received a letter that said I was approved for a credit line increase with a reference code. I applied online and Conn’s doesn't approve and again my credit is affected with a hard inquiry. I explained this matter to a customer representative and they tell me that this letter means I wasn't approved, when It clearly said I was. The letter came to my address with my name and affect my credit. A lot of persons like me trying to fix our credits and accounts and Conn’s playing with some words in that letters, for me is like scamming situation or fishing customers offerings later a financial option for rent to own contracts and very expensive.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I went online filled out their application and was approved for 12 months same as cash. I went to the store selected multiple items and all items were delivered the next day. Made all payments on time through my bank's bill pay. Have not had any of the issues that the people here are complaining about. Paid off in less than 12 months... Decided to help my daughter establish credit by allowing her to purchase a fridge for her dorm/apt. I would be making all payments due to her going back to school. Sales Associate informed me of a $100 processing fee to start an account. The processing fee does not go toward your purchase. Whatever you finance from Conn’s automatically add $100. PROCESSING FEE IS ANOTHER WAY FOR THEM TO MAKE MONEY! CONN’S LOST A LOYAL 12 YEAR CUSTOMER.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

My experience with Conn's has been one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Their sales team was awesome and made you feel that you were so important. Once it's out of their hands you might as well be ready for a battle. Mine consisted on a dryer that was a manufacturing defect but Conn's didn't want to honor their 72 hour guarantee. It took exactly 1 month to get a new dryer. Now, that I need assistance in getting my payment due date changed, it has taken almost 2 weeks and still no help. No one seems to have any documentation BUT ME.

I've advised them that the phone calls were recorded and that I have emails from their customer service helpdesk however, they don't have anything. I'm at my wits end with these people and I wouldn't recommend ANYONE buy anything from them. They are worse than any RENT TO OWN place I've ever had to use. And... If you look at their prices and service they are WORSE than a Rent-To-Own company. They make it all seem wonderful in the beginning but beware, IT'S NOT!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Purchased a refrigerator 8/7 for delivery 8/8. When the delivery guys got here they said the water line was too small, I'd have to call the store and left the fridge about 2 feet from wall. Called the store about 4 times in 30 minutes told I would have to call back the manager was on the phone. Finally got hold of Manager, told me pretty much nothing he could do, 99% of people use that size line. And pretty much left me hanging. So I call corporate in Texas, got hung up on. Did not use profanity or raise my voice, just looking for a solution to this problem. After 2 hang ups and 2 eternal holds, I call the store back. Ryan hangs up on me. So my husband gets involved at this point, calls the store, and yes, he did use profanity. I call back and Ryan said he hung up on me because he doesn't have to take the profanity. I used none when he hung up on me. So I end up having to purchase my own line, and Ryan assures me "the delivery guys will be there between 5 & 7".

So at 6 p.m. I call to find out the delivery guys went home for the day. I will have to wait for tomorrow. Through all these calls I feel the only sincere apology I got was from Lerrin, the original sales person we dealt with. I received no apology or sympathy from anyone else. I got a call from the delivery manager at 8 p. m saying he could have a team here by 10 p.m.!! A little late seeing we get up at 3 a.m. So now I have to take a day and sit and wait for these people to come and hopefully finish a job that should have been dealt with hours ago!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I bought a 60 inch LG TV from Conn's. I also bought the extended warranty. The TV went out. I thought the problem was with AT&T cable service. Called AT&T, they sent a tech the next day. AT&T service was working correctly. He informed me that the problem was with the TV. I immediately called Conn's repair. They scheduled a repair order for five days away. The repairman came and informed me it was some electronic board that had to be replaced. He said he would get an overnight delivery of the board. 10 days later, my TV is still broken.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I need to file a lawsuit against Conn's store in Lufkin, TX because they never did fix my lawnmower that I had purchased from them, and when it never did crank and I had warranty on it and I asked them to send it off they were going to charge me a few to send it off! I have purchased other items with them and they have not work with on financing them correctly with me but calling and harassing me to pay it, otherwise sending it to the credit bureau and it has made my credit score look bad too! I need a attorney to look into or have attorney who over the investigation of Conn's to file a lawsuit against them of how they have treated me as customer!

Original review: July 28, 2017

The customer service representative was very professional. Went to the extreme for us and I forgot the young man name out of the Waco Texas location, but he was awesome! I would definitely shop there again and would recommend this store at the Waco Texas location!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased a sectional sofa from them in 2015 along with the unemployment insurance. I lost my job at the end of 2016. I had to continue making payments until June of 2017 when the insurance finally kicked in. The insurance sent a payment for 6 months and the day after the payment was sent they still accepted a payment plan from me instead of telling me that the insurance had paid. My only source of income at this time is unemployment. They took out the first payment then the next week took the second payment for $82.48 too much on the next payment on June 30th. I contacted them after the holiday and was told I would receive a refund. For some reason, they claim they mailed a check instead of depositing the money back into the account they took (without permission) it from.

After contacting them at least 3 more times since then I still have not received my check that they supposedly mailed out on 07/06, today is the 24th. On top of that I have another account with them that they called about being due (this account is only about 30.00 a month). When I told them I was waiting for my refund check they stopped calling about that account for a few days, then started harassing me again. Again, I am now unemployed and money is tight, so while this is not a whole lot of money, it is wrong for them to take what they want from my account and not give it back to me.

Original review: July 24, 2017

When I went into the store the sales gentleman seemed nice enough but a little slick. I purchased a dish washer, a table, an ottoman and a rug. This was another chance for cons since, last time, they took our used fridge into the garage when they delivered a new one, but they dented it and would not take responsibility or call me back when I reported it. I gave it away and figured it was an accident... So we let it go. We had used them before without any problems. This time, when we finished up the sales transaction the sales rep. walked away, for a few moments, and when he came back I was standing there asking him for my receipt. He said it was to be emailed and they were "going green." I wanted to look it over, at the store, but it was near closing and I was tired. So, I reluctantly left and checked my email at home. It was not there. I was trusting him to be on the level since this is a company and not an individual.

I finally received the receipt, in my email, and there was a charge for insurance on the credit they gave me for $141.00! Then, I see this origination fee (AKA prepaid finance charge) for $100.00! That is over 10% of the total bill they tacked on (in the lower fine print). I didn't need insurance since I specifically told him I didn't want or need it and I had already paid them off on the fridge a few months earlier... So no reason to require it. I never held the ipad he used to draw up the contract with. He always held it and he would go right to where I should sign and lean over for me to initial... Telling me what I was signing for. I NEVER READ ANYTHING AND I TRUSTED HIM TO BE HONEST. He signed me up for insurance that I said I didn't want and never mentioned a $100.00 finance fee... Probably so he can get a bonus. The salesman ignored my attempt to contact him on this and there was another drama with the rug not coming to the store... To be delivered.

I had to deal with the manager... Who was nice but guarded and stuck in the middle. The whole situation turned into drama and no one would go to the warehouse to get the rug since they didn't deliver it to the store and can't seem to go outside the box. The salesman told me, if it was not delivered, he would go get it but he lied. I don't even understand the whole rug story since it was confusing. They actually wanted me to drive over 2 hours, to their warehouse, and get the rug myself. They said I could stop by the store and get the directions. I declined and bought a rug Amazon... Nicer and less money. Most of this was messages... Without properly addressing the added charges.

Meanwhile, I didn't receive the payment book and I was not sure what was going on with the payments. They told me they won't start payments until the rug, with all items, have been delivered. But I trust no one at this point and I start making payments anyhow... Had to track down that info because the payment coupons didn't arrive in time. What a mess. The managers seemed uncaring, the salesman was inconsiderate and argued that I signed the paperwork and had agreed to all the fees. Why would I do that? All I saw was an ipad and never got a chance to hold it or look over what he was actually doing on it. I didn't get a receipt... Due to his "going green" BS. So, I got ripped off.

There's no free interest and they will try to suck extra money any way they can... Even if it means lying to your face. I will never shop here again. Sears will get my future business. I've never had these problems and should have gone to Sears instead. We're going to be refurbishing a home soon...too bad for the Cons @ Conns. Don't be a victim. Save yourself from these scammers! I can see why they have less than 2 star... Most would probably leave no stars if they could. That would be me.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I purchased a new in the box high dollar laptop from Conn's. I took home booted up and installed a virus protection on the computer to keep it safe from viruses. A day or so later I purchased a mouse and installed it. I work 2 jobs so I was unable to use my new laptop again for a couple of weeks. I sat down to use it and the screen had a message that the hard drive was gone. I called and then returned to Conn's to inquire about my brand new unused computer having this major issue. I inquired about a replacement since this laptop had not been used and was told repair was my only option. Against what I knew was not right I had no choice but to send out.

After 2 weeks and having to make my first payment, the computer returned. Upon booting up the laptop I noticed the same error message on the screen that it had no hard drive. I once again requested a replacement for my new computer and was again told I could only send out for repair again. I have purchased a quite expensive laptop from this company and it clearly has a major issue and is not going to work. I am left with no laptop, making payments on something I can not even use and it constantly being in repair shop. The company refusing to replace the defective item with a new one that works. Very unhappy and dissatisfied.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Last September, while my wife was on vacation, our refrigerator died. As if that wasn't bad enough, I had just purchased over $400 in food that I was going to use to prepare a celebratory dinner for a friend's wedding. I called to a few places to find a fridge that could be delivered soonest, and Conn's was the one. I went online, filled out their application and was approved for 12 months same as cash. I went to the store, selected the fridge, and it was delivered the next morning. Made all payments on time through my bank's bill pay. Have not had any of the issues that the people here are complaining about (no calls for payments, letters, etc...) Paid off in less than 12 months. Very satisfied. Will recommend one thing, however... make sure that you get them to price match!!!

Original review: July 19, 2017

I went to Conn's in June 2016 here in Las Vegas, NV and purchased a dining set mattress and box springs utilizing their cash option credit terms for 12 months. According to the contract if the cash price was paid within 12 months there would be no finance charges. However if you did not pay off the cash option price then all of the back finance charges would be added after the 12 months expired. So to avoid that happening I set up an automated bank payment that would ensure that I would have the entire balance paid off within 11 months plus assuring a full month cushion.

I then called a month before the final pay off and was informed that I would have a shortfall even though according to the schedule of payments I should have had an overpayment as it turns out they were charging me additional insurance even though the insurance was already included in the original terms which are outlined in their cash option contract addendum page.

Apparently Conn's does not bother with following their own terms and as of the 12th month I had to pay over the amount that I owed in order to avoid having all of the $1281.80 interest being charged to my account as back interest payments for non-fulfillment of the cash option contract which was not only fulfilled but it was fulfilled a month early and for over the amount of owed. As of the 12th month when they were already overpaid they showed an additional balance due of $28.22 which if I had not happened to call and check on how they were applying my payments they would have charged me the additional $1281.80. I simply avoided it by pure luck and calling them two days before the deadline because I did not trust them.

I paid the additional amount to avoid the extra interest being back charged so they now owe me my overpayment and on top of all that they are reporting inaccurately to the credit reporting agencies that I owe them $1281.80 when in fact they owe me $31.60 and I have a zero balance owed to them. This is a rip off company. They purposefully ignored their own terms of the contract in order to try and swindle me out of the back interest finance charges which I carefully constructed my payments to them to avoid having to pay any finance charges utilizing what was proposed as a total cash option price plus credit insurance and I not only paid it but paid it one month early and over the amount due.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Went in to try and purchase a dryer and the Manager would not let me because my phone was not in my name. I have been with a family plan over 10+yrs. And tried to explain that, but he did not budge. Had all the other documents including my rental lease, and proof of income and still nothing. So I just politely took my business elsewhere. Not to mention the unfriendly manager discussing my situation in front of another customer. Lost a potential customer.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Very excited that we got approved!!! Delivery of furniture was on spot. Very nice delivery guys... guess that’s on only good part of this nightmare… a week after my mom got her couch the top support board broke... great! They came when they said they would be out to fix the repair. Hmmm staples poking out of the back of the couch after the repair caused scratches and cuts. I fixed them so nobody else would get injured. When we were shopping for the furniture we were told that we could have the furniture cleaned once a year... that apparently was not true… it is only spot removal.

It was my turn for repairs... there was a tear on the seam of one of my recliners. They said someone would be out the following week to fix it. Lol. It was a month later because he would call me weekly and give me an excuse why he couldn't repair it at the time. When he finally showed he noticed 2 tears... one on each side of the recliner seam... he fixed 1 side and asked how it looked cause he was done... I said it looked fine but what about the other side... his response was “oh yeah guess I can do that”. Wow!

A week later I called again for another seam on a different recliner. A week and 1 day later I was told someone would be out today June 18 2017 between 9 and 1 to fix it. I get a call June 17 from the same repair guy who came out to fix the first repair confirming repairs for the following day. But again more excuses why he couldn't do it. I asked him why is it I always have to wait a month after I call to get anything fixed. He said he didn't know and the call was disconnected. Is there only 1 repair person that works for this piece of crap company? If I could get out of this contract with them I would.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Harassment is what this company will do to you. I paid off my account in full 2 months ago, well the person didn't do something right and never closed my account fully. SO every day I get emails, calls, texts from them stating I owe money which I don't, I have ticket number sin. Every person I talk to says it's being worked on. They apologize but yet I am still dealing with this!!! No one will give you corporate's number. They say they don't take calls. Well I am tired of being harassed so I am taking to Social Media. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HERE. TRUST ME. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE.

Original review: July 9, 2017

We purchased over $5k of product from Conn’s with very nice staff. We were very please with the professional handling of us during our shopping experience. However Conn’s (and from what I am told many other chains) use some type of delivery agency. This aspect of the process made our satisfaction experience drop dramatically very quickly. The agency expects us to be available after 8pm for them to call via an automated system to tell us what time THEY can deliver to us the next day. If this does not meet our availability we are prompted through the automated system for durations of approx. 30 mins on hold to speak with someone. Being our available time frame doesn't meet their time, we are forced to the process again the following day. We have been through this 2 times so far and have over an hour just in hold time.

This system forgets who the customer is and is very annoying and a hassle to deal with. We are forced to match their delivery route at 8-9pm the previous night and if we can't, we have to spend a bunch of wasted time holding, explain we can meet their time, and then repeat the cycle until we can meet their convenience of them making an efficient route that suits them. We can’t even pick up the products ourselves unless we drive 1.5 hrs one way to Charlotte, NC. Very aggregating. Next time we make a purchase of any related products requiring delivery we will be sure we make our place of purchase decision with this delivery hassle system not in the equation.

Conn's Appliances Company Information