Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
3.22/5

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

1310 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

I bought a reclining sofa and after a few months the right side reclining handle broke. I called May 24th and they wanted me to send info like pictures, make and model etc. I did that the same day via email and made several calls. It has been 20 days and I have not heard from them or have not had an appointment scheduled. They kiss your butt till you buy then pretty much you are garbage to them. Their service department SUCKS!! I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I purchased a LG side by side refrigerator about 2 years ago. The freezer side went bad since 6/2/2019 and for some reason this flipping company can't get their act together. They keep giving me the running around since the beginning of the month and telling me they only have one technician in my area and every time the schedule to come I either have to take off work or family member take off work and no one showed up. They are very incompetent this store. Don't waste your time with them. Shop somewhere else. You asked for a weekend appointment they don't have a weekend. You can't get in touch with the supervisor. No one call you back. And if they call is to reschedule and crap never get done. This a crappy store. They don't give a damn about the consumer.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Bought a new dishwasher & stove May 30. Delivered May 31 installer couldn’t do dishwasher only stove. Would have to wait 3 days. Had an independent installer same day. Dishwasher didn’t work. June 6 repairman said I needed a replacement. Now they want to deliver and in 2 or 3 days install it & charge me or charge me 15% restocking fee if I don’t want to keep it. The manager won’t take my calls. Always out to lunch & wont call back. I will not buy there again unless I can’t go anywhere else. They also charge if you don’t bring a copy of homeowners insurance but won’t say how much. You have to read & find it. For me it would be $394. I sent in my insurance but don’t have a credit yet. This is the store on 1960. Salesperson John.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Bought a couch and love seat from Conn’s. Within a few months the cushions flattened out and the couch and love seat became extremely uncomfortable. We called and they sent out a furniture repair person. He determined that the cushions needed to be replaced. We waited several months for the parts and when they finally arrived a repairman was sent out. He was only able to replace the love seat cushions because not enough parts were sent for the couch. They finally exchanged the couch with a new one. Again within a month and a half the cushions have flattened. They sent a repairman out who informed us that it would continue to happen with the materials that were used. Conn’s will not fix this issue claiming it is wear and tear. Our warranty is still in effect. They are not responding to me. Worst company I have ever dealt with. Conn’s needs to be held responsible for their sales of defective products. Do NOT shop there!!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I purchased a refrigerator on the no interest for 18 months promotion. I paid extra monthly and finished at 17 months. They conveniently can’t find one payment (although I have a copy of the check cashed) the customer service guy said it doesn’t matter and I owe $1,000 plus in interest. This may ruin my credit but I will fighting this regardless of their daily threats. They also have an insurance charge that I declined that is still on my account. Never again! I wrote Corporate a detailed letter and never heard a word. Very poor professionalism and customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: June 6, 2019

Good afternoon, I recently bought a mattress at Conn's with a sales price of $2200. The mattress was not up to standards and the corporation sent an inspector to my home to confirm my findings. After confirmation, I was given $2200 credit at Conn's to purchase another mattress. I went to the store located in Las Cruces NM and found a mattress for $1600. The management said that the remainder would be lost or not give back to me as credit. Herman said that the warranty was mattress for mattress. At this point I left the store. I went to another Conn's in Albuquerque, 3 hours away and they gave me a mattress and credit me the $600. They also said that Herman who is a Manager was simply working rogue and not following policy. I went back to the store to advise Herman of my finding and then that's when he had no choice but to apologize. Bad thing is, I wasted 6 hours going to another Conn's and gas money. I am now satisfied with my mattress.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Conn's has purposely set up their online payment processing so that the customer cannot make an additional payment above the required payment. The reason is obvious: They do not want the customer to pay the loan off early because they want to retain their exceptionally high interest rate. I was charged 35% on my $1,300 purchase. I have tried every month, for six months, to make larger payments. When I called Conn's and spoke to customer service, they told me that although the online payment processing indicates that a customer can make larger payments, Conn's does not allow this.

The customer must call in every month if they want to make a larger that normal payment. It is time consuming and not an easy process. I would recommend that no one buys from Conn's. They are dishonest in the way they present the interest (rule of 78's) which charges 7/8ths of the interest in the first year, and very little in the remaining term. They receive all their interest up front and do not want the customer to pay the loan faster, or earlier than indicated on the contract.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I bought a refrigerator for $1600, with the cash option pay off. I was told to pay x amount auto-pay and it would be paid off before the promotion expired, well I called in May to pay off balance and they tell me they added $1000 to my balance in April because the promotion expired. I only had a balance of $300. I called to get help to pay it off and they said they would not help me. I had to pay the extra $1000. I have bought a washer and dryer, a living room set and a refrigerator from them. I will never buy from them again. BEWARE THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

It was to my attention that Conn's had reported a 30 day late on my credit report from our mortgage lender. I went and checked all 3 bureaus myself, and sure enough! I called them and they stated we were never late. I asked for a payment history to be emailed. It was all fine. No lates, but it states extension for Jan. I got all my bank statements and not found a payment for $530.50 in Jan. Not only did they falsely report on my credit, they did not apply that payment to our account. I have sent all proof to them and asked them to remove the false report and was told “you were never late, therefore we did not report to the bureaus you were, so we can not remove something we did not place.” I sent copies of the 3 bureaus showing they did report. And now they will not respond back and it still have not been removed!

Original review: May 25, 2019

I went to buy a stove. Found one for 865.00. Got it leased out for six months for 175.63. Then I found out it 12 months now so I am paying double for the stove. They very dishonest. I am on a fixed income. I am so disappointed with Conn's allowing Progressive Leasing to do this.

Conn's Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

• Best for: Foodies, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs