1.05/5
Based on 144 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

1190 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

I decided to purchase a sofa and loveseat, so I applied for credit. I was approved for 1500.00, yay! BOO! these people are such thieves. So I get a call from Nandy (Phoenix) to confirm my appt. and tell me I need 65.00 down, what?? So then I tell her that I found a set online that I liked but it was out of my approval amount, so I would bring the difference...she said I couldn't do that. Scratching my head, I ask her if their complete inventory was listed online. She told me no, because I wasn't going to bother, but she assured me that there was something there comparable to the set I wanted. So I get off work, drive down there in rush hour traffic. I greet her, and then she starts to walk me around the store, and guess what? NOTHING DIFFERENT!

I cannot deal with a lying person. Expletive, expletive... At any rate I speak with the manager, he tries to do the same thing, I tell him, what I want and let him know that deceiving people isn't good business. He tells me of another location that may have sets within my budget because they are used, but in good condition, but this location is clear across town!! I have him call to see if they have something before I get even angrier. And they did!! I drive the 20 miles over there and Edgar was there very nice man, he found me a set within in my budget. I was finally a satisfied customer. But wait...there is more. I go to do the contract. No free delivery like the website states...and my payments were going to be 350.00 a month!!! Not 67.00 like the website states. Wasted time...wasted gas...this company is so shady...I would not even take an empty box from them. Stay away!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I paid off my account in full. I received an email confirming my account was paid in full. Two weeks later they took a $220 payment from my bank account. Now they are telling me they are investigating to see if I deserve a refund. This is the most secretive and misleading company I have ever dealt with. Customer service says it’s in the hands of another division and only they can contact them via email. They don’t have a phone number or an email they can give out. I am left frustrated and $220 poorer because once they have your money they will not give it back.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 14, 2018

Don't be fooled by 0 percent interest. There is no grace period. I had problems making a payment at the store and was told I had to deal with their finance company. Needless to say it caused a one day late payment which negates the interest free and you are charged interest from day one. Also just one day late cause them to charge you a late fee of $38.00 added. They don't apply overage on payments to principal. I should have stuck with my first instinct and purchased elsewhere, even it was a little more originally. Lesson learned. I could bought a lot more with all the extra interest now added on and $38.00 for one day late just makes me irritated. Never again at Conn's.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Purchased a $4000 QLED TV. Product was delivered with a defective panel. Conn's will not swap out and will only accept return if I pay over $500 restocking fee. This company appears to be selling defective goods and passing them off as first quality goods. I notified Company within 5 days - I had purchased extended warranty and they still refused to swap out their defective TV.

Original review: July 12, 2018

The name says it all! CONS. For starters I was told that I would get 36 months no interest. Which doesn't seem to be the case. I go to my account online and it says I owe $2500 for my couch and loveseat. However, my credit report is saying the amount is $4200. The furniture cost $1999 plus taxes. So my interest is 100%. Then they tell me I can provide proof of homeowners insurance within 30 days. Didn't mention they'd add it on to the bill. Then I send in proof and the charge is still there. Fast forward to this week. My payment was due on 7/7.

The payment failed. They have called me 20 times in the last 48 hours. Today they called me every hour on the hour. They called my work and when I spoke to them yesterday I told them to quit calling but here we are today with 7 calls and my payment was made. I have not been late in the 3 months since getting this furniture and they are harassing me. I'm looking into legal implications and trying to see if I can get out of this contract and give back the furniture. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: July 11, 2018

Unfortunately I am sending this letter to complain about my experience as a new consumer with Conn’s. Secondly, I am writing this letter with the intention that your board of directors do their very best to ensure that future consumers NEVER experience what I did. Thirdly, I am asking that you honor the promotion that I was informed I was eligible for. I purchased a QLED Samsung television in combination with a Bose surround sound bar on June 29, 2018. My contractual agreement was established on June 29, 2018 with a wonderful, knowledgeable, well-manner, soft spoken and kind salesman by the name of Antonio (not sure of the last name). My invoice for the mentioned above purchase is **.

I am complaining because I made a simple phone call inquiring about my due date. The representative that answered the line was unable to provide any answers to my questions; in the same fashion, Michelle, the lady that answered the call, sounded as if she did not want to assist me. I asked her the following questions: When is my due date? How much is monthly payment? Who was the sales associate that assisted me with my purchase on June 29, 2018? May I use the $50.00 off coupon I received via email?

Michelle informed me she did not have access to the system to see who the sales associate was that helped me. Michelle also informed me that I just have to wait until I receive documents via mail to inform me of my due date and the amount of my payments. I asked Michelle to connect me to her manager and she informed me there was no manager in the store and I could call back within 15 minutes. She willingly provided me with Conn’s corporate phone number to receive assistance with any questions or concerns I may have. May I add I never asked her for corporate number. I have NEVER in my life received such poor customer service treatment and her attitude and tone definitely set the stage for me to call corporate.

I called Conn’s corporate office and spoke with Paula who was speaking with an up to beat tone which gave me a sense of comfort. Paula provided me with my due date, the exact amount of my payment, and she provided with different methods regarding how I could make my payment. Paula also suggested that I print the $50.00 coupon and speak with an in store manager about the coupon. Paula also mentioned I SHOULD have received the Samsung 10% gift promotion offer that began on 6/10/18 until 7/1/2018. The promotion was for consumers that purchased QLED TV and or Premium TVs on Conn’s creditor loan account. The 10% promotion was a $400.00 gift card.

Paula suggested I go to the store and ask for a manager. At this point I was excited and happy that Conn’s had this promotion for me and I was eager to receive it. Nevertheless, did I expect contrary to what the corporate rep Paula had advised. I went to the store and spoke with Shana ** and she had no idea about the promotion, she was unsure if she could honor the coupon and she mentioned she was present in the store when I called. Shana called Michelle over and Michelle admitted she lied about there was not a manager in the store when I called. She also stared with a blank look in her face and said she was sorry. I could have exploded. I have definitely wasted my time and I was late picking up my son from school and for what, nothing. I was told the $50.00 coupon could not be used (so why was it sent). I was told Samsung’s promotion had passed. That was NOT acceptable.

Before exiting the store Antonio begins to apologize and I know it was sincere. Next a manager by the name of Jasmine took it upon herself to act responsibly (after overhearing all the confusion in the store) She called Waqas (merchandiser) to confirm the promotion; however, it was confirmed that the promotion ran from 6/10-6/16. Jasmine was so professional and she was able to address EVERY question I had. Meanwhile, Shana had left and went home before my issue was resolved. Jasmine and Antonio are the only reasons why I am keeping this account. I work for Bank of America and I interact with a LOT of people and I would NEVER recommend Conn’s to any of my friends or co-workers to.

To resolve this problem I would like you to honor the 10% Samsung promotion ($400.00 gift card) that was offered. Additionally, I would like for Michelle to have a coaching opportunity and she is never client facing or answer the phone at Conn’s again. I would also like Conn’s board of directors to compensate me for my making a trip to your store for nothing. I would also like to see Jasmine and Antonio rewarded for their excellent and impeccable customer service skills. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible to resolve this problem. If I do not hear from you within 30 days I will file complaints with the appropriate consumer agencies and consider my legal alternatives to receive the promotion I was verbally offered.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I will say when I first went in the store I saw many things I'd want to purchase. I did purchase a few items. Before my initial payment was due I received a call about making my payment, the due date was days away, of course that ticked me off. I received a coupon book in the mail that indicated the due date and a pay before accrued late fees date. Now I know for many years of purchasing different things cars, furniture etc that if there is another date listed after the due date that states if you pay after x then you have to pay x amount. THAT IS CALLED A GRACE PERIOD. Of course not a darn soul at this company realizes this and tell me that, "If you don't pay on the due date then you have to call and make arrangements," what the hell. The coupon book already gave me my arrangement. I would not refer my worst enemy to this company.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and a dining room set. The salesman advised my daughter and I that I was approved and had 36 months with no interest for 36 months. I repeated this back to him to make sure what he stated was correct. He stated yes. He drew up everything on his iPad. I signed the papers on his iPad. He stated my copies would be sent to my email address. Upon returning home I checked my email and did not receive my paperwork. I immediately called him and stated I did not get my paperwork. He stated he would send them again. I never received my paperwork.

I made the purchase in July 2017 and did not receive my paperwork until June 2018. This was only after calling customer service on several occasions. Upon reviewing my paperwork It stated I had one year interest free and if I didn't pay the entire balance by 08/07/2018 all of the interest would go on the loan. Being that I was told I had no interest for 36 months I called and complained on the salesman. The customer service told me they do have offer no interest for 36 months. This happened to another customer I know that purchased furniture from Conn's. This place is a rip off. This should not be allowed.

Salesman are deceiving customers. I have made a large purchase so what I have already paid for a year will literally will go back on the loan. This should not be allowed. Contract papers should be given to customers at the time of purchase. I am writing this review for people looking to buy furniture, please do not go to Conn's. I will be having an attorney to look into this matter. They approve you fast in order to catch you caught up in the dirty dealing they are doing. I am very disgusted. They also stated the salesman no longer work there.

Original review: July 6, 2018

From the time we received the 1st payment book we had problems. The loan was supposed to be 12 months and now it's changed to 36. We called and because it was the first of the year the lady said that we should wait for the system to accept these new loans. The people who answer the line do not know how the interest works and it's frustrating me. They tell me I cannot apply additional money to the principle of the loan. Continue to have our contract reviewed but they send it back saying "we need more information".

This last Feb. we could not apply a payment so we called in. They took our first payment. Then we asked her to submit for an additional 400.00. In March we discover that 400.00 payment did not go through and that Conn's charged us 35.00 for the sales rep mistake but our monthly payment did go through. Also this mistake has cost us an additional 600.00 because of interest. Can't get anyone with authority to return my calls. Tired of new charges showing up. Warranty was declined when we purchased fridge but we are paying for it any way I guess. Homeowner insurance was removed now its back. Refused the water hoses for the fridge at the time of purchase but find out today we have been charged for this plus interest. I need a phone call! I have tried to pay this off and every time I try they come up with some new charges or reasons for them not to accept payment at that time.

In May I spoke to a male rep that clearly stated, "Wow you have overpaid! I need to send this in for a review, it does not make sense." He also told me that I could apply extra to my principle balance to help. I told him that whenever I try I am always told that the type of loan I have will not permit for me to put money towards the balance. I need someone to call me with supervisor rights or I will be calling an attorney. I am tired of getting someone new each time and each time I get a different response, reason or excuse for what is going on with my account.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband talked me into buying a window unit for this summer to keep house cooler. The ac unit was 419.99, the repair service agreement was 125.99 plus 45.04 tax, which gave me a total bill of 591.02. I made one payment of 50.00 then decided to pay off. I called. They told me my payoff was 688.09, I asked what and how they get that amount, they told me they charged a 100.00 dollar application fee. I use to shop at Conn's a lot, never again.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I would give CON ARTIST a zero rating if I could. Guarantee next day delivery but not next day repairs or pick up on faulty products?! We purchased a refrigerator from the extremely rude university location. Within an hour of the refrigerator being installed, it started leaking out of every possible hole. Contacted them the same day at 3 pm and was supposed to be receiving a callback, never did. Called 9 am the next day about the same complaint. Was told to expect a callback, never did. Called at 2 pm and was giving the number to a second party middleman, called them and was on hold for 45 mins. Transfer from here to there and everywhere in between before I was about to get someone to schedule an appointment for a later day. Still waiting... I had deja vu reading reviews from customers who had shared similar experiences. Totally unsatisfied and disappointed.

Original review: July 1, 2018

My first experience with Conn's was good, although we had some issues with the refrigerator, it was a smooth sale and I paid off the product as agreed on and paid no interest for my product. I returned 2 times to buy additional appliances. One of my purchases was set up for payments at $10.00 below what I needed to pay so I missed the deadline and was charged 650.00 in interest despite the fact that I went into the store the day my balance was due and asked about payoff, instead I was reminded I was paying for property insurance despite the fact that I had provided Conn's with my homeowner's insurance declarations page right after I purchased the product.

I remember asking the salesman to ensure for me that my promotional balance would be paid for within the time as long as I made my payments on time every month, I still was short-changed and left to pay interest. The interesting thing about it all is that their computer printers were down and he couldn't even give me a proper copy of the document I signed, he had to email it to me so the first time I actually ended up looking at it was after being swindled by Conn's. I've spent hours on the phone trying to remedy this and I get nowhere, so I will be looking into filing a complaint with the Colorado Attorney General's office and seeing about a class action lawsuit, I know from reading reviews I'm not alone and being swindled by aggressive sales tactics and dishonest sales practices. My only hope is to leave as many reviews on as many sites as I can to inform the public not to purchase anything from this dishonest seller.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I signed an agreement in December on a LG tv, I recently moved and the tv got a little damage on the top, which then made the digitizer bad. Called the place I purchased and they directed me to send pictures to the service dept. I did that. Got a call from the service dept to tell me I don't have insurance on this tv. I paid 390.00 extra to have the insurance. And now the service dept is saying I only have insurance on labor, but not parts! I called store manager and still waiting on a callback, it's been 3 days. Poor service! I don't recommend using them ever!

Original review: June 19, 2018

All the nightmare claims are true. I was foolish enough to go back and finance even more from these shysters before I paid off my original mistake. The existing balance of @ $750 was refinanced with the new purchase along with $100. This was all combined in a new account with a new number, amount and due date. I can't believe it, they actually charged me to have the privilege of being screwed. They still tried to draw payment from my bank on the original now closed account. I made my first payment on the new combined account only to find out later they charged me two, $25 fees for NSF for Feb 2018 and Mar 2018 payments on the original account. Original account was absorbed with the new purchase on Feb.1 2018. On Feb 3rd and Mar 3rd this account did not exist. This is not from memory. I have the contract to prove it. I paid these shysters today to get them off my back... NEVER EVER BUY FROM CONN'S.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I financed a TV through Conn's in April. First, I had to hustle with them to get them to remove the insurance that I didn't need. Then, I couldn't figure out how they were coming up with the balance I owed. Mainly because their website only shows the balance. There is no detail about my payments or whether they removed the insurance or not. I had to call them to get them to send me a statement which wasn't much help either. Finally I called them back again to get them to tell me how they came up with their number for the balance due only to find out they charged me $100 loan processing fee! They neglected to tell me about this fee at the time of the sale. I would not have financed it through Conn's had they told me about this fee. I would have given them no stars if I could.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Please if you're in North Carolina and had issues with Conn's Home Plus then please file a complaint with the NC Attorney General's Office. If you're in another State please file with your Attorney Generals Office, once they receive enough complaints concerning the same issues chances are they will file a lawsuit on behalf of the State which should result in refunds. People in Texas should know that Conn's was sued by that Attorney Generals Office in 2009. Conn's settled that lawsuit with Texas for $4.5 Million. It was ordered that Conn's stop using Deceptive Trade Practice Acts against Texas Consumers. Texas Attorney General received over 2000 complaints against Conn's, so please if you live in Texas file a complaint. So please whatever State you live in go to the Attorney General and file your complaint.

NC has received a total of 20 complaints against Conn's. I know there is more Consumers in NC who has complaints against Conns besides 20, so please flood them with your complaints so we can get Justice. I purchased consumer products from Conn's in Gastonia NC. Please see my list of Complaints concerning the Business transactions listed below.

1. The salesmen/saleswomen have little to no experience. 2. The Store Manager doesn't care about Customers, The Gastonia Store had about 10 salespeople. Every question I had for the Saleswoman, she had to ask the store manager and he had no clue about half the questions. 3. I was told since my items were to be financed by the store, I had to purchase a 2-year warranty which really you're paying for a 2-year warranty at a price of $125.00, but it's really a 1-year warranty since the product supposed to be new, it comes with a 1-year factory warranty.

4. Saleswoman failed to give me a copy of the financial sales agreement which is a violation under the (TILA), also known as the Truth in Lending Act. She only provided me with a copy of the invoice. 5. I was told to bring my declaration page as proof of HomeOwners, or Renters Insurance to protect the products I've financed. I did bring my declaration page, but the inexperienced salesperson told me they called Headquarters and since they were behind it would take at least an hour and thirty minutes. This was unacceptable since they have already wasted 2-hours of my time already. This is just a scam to make more money.

6. The salespeople tried their best to sell credit, life, and other insurance. If you're in NC the salespeople supposed to be licensed with the NC Dept of Insurance, which they're not. So file a complaint with the NC Dept of Insurance if you're in NC, if you live in another State check with your Dept of Insurance to see if the same applies to you.

7. I purchased what supposed to be a new GE Cookstove Smooth top, but from the day it was delivered the front burner light doesn't work and the same burner comes on, but after you place a pan on the burner it goes out, and the hot surface light goes off before the surface cools down causing me to get burned 3-times all ready. I complained the first week, and I also filed a complaint in less than 30-days of purchase and was told I need to call the warranty dept to send someone out, this is unacceptable and against the law. If you pay $500,00 for a supposedly new stove you should not have any problems with it, the first week ETC. If you purchase this same item from Lowe's or Home Depot either they will replace it or refund you. Conn's sold us a refurbished stove as new. Conned us like everyone else.

8. Promised us 0% interest of one item, this wasn't honored. Promised free delivery, this never happened. Charged us $79.00. 9. Violation under the (FDCPA) & (FCRA). Instead of reporting the amount of purchase to the credit bureaus, they're reporting the amount of purchase along with interest, which lowers your credit score because of your debt to ratio, it's illegal. For example what if you pay it off early? Then you won't owe but just the amount of purchase minus the interest.

10. Conn's send you a payment book, that's it, they don't send you a statement each month showing how your payment was or interest was adjusted, so you never know how much of your payment is going toward principal or interest, and if you're like me and pay on their website, you're sure the hell don't know because there again they do not list it, which is a violation under the Truth in Lending Act. Another problem if you log into your account on the website and click on your payment history, it only shows the last three months of payments.

This has got to be one of the worst Businesses I have ever dealt with. They are a bunch of crooks. Good name for them, Conn's. I am surprised that a big law firm hasn't sued them under a class action. Maybe everyone should send complaints to a class action law firm in your home State. Texas settled for $4.5 million, maybe after paying out several big class actions they will change how they do Business. This is the reason Businesses like Conn's keeps breaking the laws

because no one does anything but complain. Please, everyone, complain to the right people, Lawyers, Attorney Generals, Dept of Insurance. Also, check with your Secretary of State's website to see if Conn's is licensed, if not file a complaint, also if they are than file a complaint concerning any violations or problems. Also, file a complaint the U.S. Government concerning products purchased.

Reminder if you're are in North Carolina please file a complaint with the State's Attorney Generals Office, and also complain to Maria **, she works for the NC Attorney's Generals Office. She knows how many complaints have been filed. Any questions concerning this matter, or if you find an Attorney who wants to speak with me feel free to contact me. I am also going to search for a Lawyer to pursue this as a class action. Thanks for reading and hope it helps. Together we can make a difference.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I went in to purchase furniture. As a returning customer they added insurance to my purchase which was told it was for their own protection. I went home and thought about this? When I decided that I did not want this added 390.00 dollar addition to my bill and decided NOOOOO. I will pay what I owe, but no more. After this I will never again use Conn's again. Stay away please. I have not gotten a confirmation on deletion of this added ins, of 380.00 $ but I am fighting it. CONN'S is rip off. Made mistake admit it but I will only pay purchase price and tax.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My husband and I purchased an LG dishwasher in April of 2016. We bought it as we were expecting our first child and wanted a model that offered a sanitation cycle. We also purchased the 4 year service agreement. Fast forward two years, and at the beginning of May we started to get error codes and the system stopped working. Thankfully we purchased the warranty so we thought we were covered. We had 4 technicians out all claiming different things were the issue, it was never the same tech to come out. Well the 3rd technician informed us that he suspects a mouse has chewed through some wiring (why the first two didn't see this I have no idea, you'd think it would be rather apparent). I was appalled at the thought of a mouse in my home, especially with a small child, but our neighbor recently cut down numerous trees and is remodeling so it was a possibility.

They replaced the wires, and I was able to use my dishwasher once before it stopped again showing a different error code. At this point we have placed traps, bait and even homeopathic remedies to rid ourselves of our little friend. We called for service again and lo and behold the tech informs us that the wire has been chewed, but this time says he is required to void our warranty due to provisions in our contract agreement. We were obviously upset but since we THOUGHT this was in our contract we accepted it as truth.

After the tech was gone I rounded up my copy of the service agreement and nowhere in the exclusions does it have any verbiage related to rodents, mice, rats etc. It mentions insects but nowhere does it say anything about mice. I then head to their website and see that the service agreement available on their website says "insect/rodent infestations" where mine simply says "insect infestations". Somewhere in the two years since I made this purchase they changed the agreement and were hoping we were just too stupid to notice. I called customer service where the representative asks me to look at section 6) a) of my contract... she is referring to the exclusions portion which in my contract is section 5).

Bottom line there is nothing she can do, I have to contact corporate. Very back handed, deceptive business dealings. We have made multiple purchases with Conn's which are all in good standing or have been paid off. I am extremely disappointed. And this doesn't even begin to address my dissatisfaction of the technicians themselves, they repeatedly left the dishwasher unsecured, half way sticking out of my cabinet where my small child could easily stick his hand in and injure himself.

Original review: June 3, 2018

On Black Friday 2017 We went and spent over 12k on Bedroom furniture and a living room set. We felt they were a little expensive but did like the furniture. (The King bed we have has a huge gap of 24 inches between the mattress and frame but we are trying to make it work.) After waiting there 4 plus hours filling out all the paperwork we were tired and wanting to get home. They had a insurance form for us to fill out with our homeowner's insurance policy numbers so we had to take that back the next day. And we did take it back November 24th, 2017. This was needed to cancel their insurance they had on the furniture. We did this and never thought twice about it. Well June 3rd, 2018 we went to pay off the furniture in full and when they told us the payoff amount it was over 1200 dollars more than what we figured we owed them.

They then told me the insurance was still on the account and it was 1200 some odd bucks left to pay on it (we had already paid over 270 dollars up to this point). When I said no we filled out the paperwork and had not needed their insurance and to take it off and let me pay the rest off that's when the manager in a black shirt became very rude to us. He told us that we would need to resubmit the insurance denial form and our homeowner's policy again and they would have to submit it to the insurance dept. for them to get it taken off. I asked, "Why do we have to do this a second time when Y'all messed it up the first time". That's when he became mad and stated to me in front of customers and workers "I'm not going to let you stand in here and berate my workers for something the insurance Dept. messed up!! We Didn't have anything to do with it!!"

Thats when I got upset and replied he had on a Conn's shirt and it was Conn's who sold us the furniture, took our money and our payments, took our insurance paperwork the day after we bought the furniture and told us they would send it in and have it removed and didnt. He just walked off as I stood there trying to figure out what we needed to do to pay off this furniture and have the 1200 plus insurance removed. I had to call customer service while standing in the store and hold for 4 minutes with them, all the while there were 8 salesmen just standing there staring at me. I was on the phone with customer service for a hour and had spoke to a supervisor who I complained about the insurance dept and the rudeness of the manager to.

All he keep saying was I had to resubmit the insurance paperwork and they would get this removed and he was going to submit a complaint on the manager but he never asked me the manager's name. I felt like he didn't even want to deal with this at all. At the end of the day Lakeworth Texas Conn's has wasted several hours of our time for overpriced furniture. They did not submit the paperwork and didn't care that they were overcharging us. Customer service was not helpful at all and I feel like they did this on purpose to make themselves more money. Don't Go to Conn's!! Horrible business practices and workers that are rude!! They have some kind of insurance scam thing going to take advantage and prey on customers!! We had to figure out they were charging us this they sure didn't tell us at all!!!

Original review: June 3, 2018

My dad and I went to Conn's specifically searching for a bed. By the time we left I had a TV and a standup deep freezer. But... before I added the other 2 items I asked the rep who helped us about purchasing insurance just in case something breaks and not due to the manufacturer's warranty. He said yes if I purchase the additional 4 year warranty if we happen to accidentally break something that is not covered through the manufacturer warranty it will be covered. I specifically asked for this because I have kids and kids seem to knock stuff down or write on everything. So I left there with the impression that if something happens to my purchased items due to my kids or an accident of mine it would be covered since I'm paying for it.

Fast forward months later what happens... my youngest bumped the TV and it falls flat on the ground. I call to create a service request and they tell me it is not covered because I need to go through our home insurance... unless I purchased the accidental damage coverage (which I thought I had). Not sure why Conn's thinks that the insurance will cover it through our homeowners insurance when the home insurance covers the home itself unless there is a theft or natural disaster that causes the damage.

The lady I spoke with said if I had the accidental damage it would be covered, but they stopped offering that for their customers 2 months before I even made my purchase. So now I'm here with a broken TV that I was told at the time of my purchase would be covered of it was damaged not due to the manufacturer warranty. And because of this I would rather give all this stuff back and go through a different company and never deal with Conn's ever again. I guess they train their reps to lie to customers so they can close the sale and get their commission and Conn's gets the extra money from the lies they tell their customers through their bull warranty.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Sofa and Loveseat - Their furniture is absolutely junk. Horrible customer service. The recliners are warped and difficult to close. They claim solid wood but the frames are particle board. Do not buy from them, overpriced and lied to.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Literally received the worst service I have ever received from a company. My husband and I bought a fridge from these people and 18 months later it went out. We lost over 1k worth of food between the fridge and freezer. We called them as we paid for the extended warranty. As of today, we have taken 3 days off of work, they have rescheduled 3 times, we (young family with an infant) have been without a fridge for almost 3 weeks. And they flat out don’t care. The technician rescheduled us for today and after waiting around for the guy for 2 hours I called customer service and he doesn’t even work today. Another day of Work wasted and another week without a fridge. I HATE this place! Disgusting the way they have treated a repeat customer. Do yourself a favor, don’t ever buy from Conn’s.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Customer service at Conn's is the worst I've ever had to deal with. When a representative does not want to talk to you they hang up the phone. They call your sometimes up to 5 times a day about payment. I know my account is not paid on the due date, but Conn's always receive payment a few days later. Also, technical support is a joke. I have about a year to go before this account is closed. I will have to be a desperate (**) to buy from Conn's again.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I purchased a Sofa & Loveseat from Conn’s July 2017. What was suppose to be 2 year interest free & I find out it’s not. The furniture is falling apart. I have a warranty. I have spoken with them numerous times about replacing it which they won’t. They keep sending technicians to sew it or repair it. Terrible customer service. How do I end my contract?

Original review: May 18, 2018

Bought a sofa-leather, reclining and a recliner for our TV room. The frame is bent on the sofa. The center leans to left resulting in poor aesthetics -one side up-center leaning and a loud noise. We asked for them to fix or replace. They sent service individual out tells us they cannot fix. Sales say they will replace. Then told won’t. Sent the same repair person. Says they cannot fix. Sales say they will replace. Then say there is nothing wrong... We get passed around and around -this has gone on for 2 months. Still refusing to satisfy their guarantees. Bought expensive extended warranty and not honored. Deceptive trade practice. Contacting BBB.

Original review: May 18, 2018

About a year ago my wife and I were in dire need of a new bed. We didn’t have the money to purchase outright. When we got to the store we had barely opened the door and we were attacked by a wave of salespeople. Fine, I guess that is their protocol for commission sales. When we finally scratched and clawed our way to the bedding department we were exhausted. We looked at several beds and obviously in the Pakistani salesman’s eyes we could not go wrong as if he had personally owned one of each in the past. Go Figure! On top of that it was very hard to understand what he was saying. Ultimately we bought I believe was a Sealy. After a short 8 months, the box springs and the mattress had a 2” bow in them. The technician agreed and wrote his report. After that we didn’t hear another thing from them. Not even a phone call. We called them after 2 weeks only to be told we had to come in and choose a new bed.

Once again we arrived at the store and were attacked. We explained the situation. It was as if we had just sprayed insecticide on a bunch of roaches. They all scrambled away like a bunch of scared roaches and did not want to help. After about 30 minutes of waiting a manager came to us and said that our salesman wasn’t there and we had to wait because it was his sale. When he finally arrived 30 minutes later he mentioned that they did not carry that brand any more so he showed us an iComfort form fit. Finally we decided on that one which was more expensive. We asked that they just send the matching box springs when we were told that the box springs weren’t included in the return. My wife and I were very upset because the box springs were damaged worse than the bed. When we inquired about the box springs they said another tech would have to come back out and inspect our box springs.

We were told to go ahead and take the mattress and not to worry about the mattress being damaged by the bowed box springs. Lo and behold it damaged our mattress. When the tech arrived he said that they do this purposely to keep you coming in to the store. He went on to mention that they were rip offs. Their own employee. After the tech wrote his report we were told that we had to come back to the store and pick out new box springs. It is their way of getting you back in their store. But now our mattress was also damaged. We had made up our mind that we did not want to do business with Conn’s anymore. To no avail!!! They didn’t care because now we owed them $1000 dollars more plus an enormous amount of interest for the new damaged mattress. I have been back and forth with about 20 managers it seems like. In any case we have never talked to the same manager at that one store.

Every time we call we have to tell our complete story again and again as if they have no tracking system of complaints and they don’t care. Finally, We have never dealt with a such a large group of low life bottom feeders. They are the best at kicking someone when they are down. This company has no morals or ethics. Unfortunately it doesn’t matter to them because as in business it is a numbers game. I am a firm believer that even a legal business does not have to be honest. In my eyes they are a bunch of thieves. It’s not even worth the BS and stress to have to deal with them. Obviously we will never shop there again and I hope they get what they deserve. Karma is a **!!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I purchased a washer and dryer from Conn's. Within the first year I have had to have G.E. come out and repair my load dial on my "brand new" twice. Called Conn's about it the first time, they gave me the number to G.E. and hung up. At about the 13th month I made my payment. 3 days later my account was charged again. The woman "helping me" told me I logged on and made a 2nd payment myself. Not sure why I did. Maybe because I didn't. But she was quick to point the blame and was quite sure of herself. Then she let me know I would get my refund in as many as 45 days! I will never give this corrupt company another sale in my life and will stop any others from shopping there if I can.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We had a kitchen appliances delivered in April. Here we are May 14th plumber comes out to see what a leak is and the hose installed with a dishwasher had been leaking tiny over. This time we have a terrible case of mold and Conn's refuses to send anybody because of the mold to replace the holes and they clearly won't even take responsibility for all the mold that is the consequence of the improper hose installation. Extremely furious. Terrible customer service.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I apply for a tv stand and a 32" tv and the total was $550. Gave them $200 down, monthly payments was $47.98 Dec to May 2018. How much did I pay and what the problem is that the sales associate didn't tell me, or explained to me, that there is a 29% interest, because I would have walk out the door. Also she didn't want me to read what I was going to sign, didn't give me any paperwork. So come to find out that I owe them $600 more dollars double. They are not telling people what them should know and it is a robbery.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I bought a refrigerator in 2016 and paid double payments but at the end they charged me for insurance so after many faxes which they said never received I had it faxed and was received. This took care of one insurance but the other insurance I made a final payment of 263.00. They assured my account was paid in full and closed then in January 2017 they started contacting me with a balance almost as much as the purchase and apparently the account was never closed as promised. I have disputed this and cannot find a person to speak with. They all just read off a card! They have put it on my credit now and all my hard work on my credit score is ruined! It has taken my score from good to poor... This company is so bad and I hope to save someone else from them! Honesty does not matter to them.

Conn's Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

• Best for: Foodies, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs