3.8/5 (328 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Conn's Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: April 17, 2022

Conn's does not tell you (verbally) about their $100 Loan Origination Fee when extending you credit. I only found out about this after calling customer service to find out why my account balance was $100 more than my invoice. They called it a "filing fee" of which they couldn't tell me what it was for. They had to escalate my inquiry to a higher level. Got a call from someone days later who told me that it was in the "terms and conditions" that I signed.

When I told them that it was unfair for them to bury this in the fine print of their "contract" without explaining the charges I would have to pay, they were uncaring and dismissive. In my industry of finance, you have to tell consumers of the charges they will have to pay, upfront, while going over the contract. Not bury it down in the terms and conditions fine print. Also found out that this fee is charged by their choice, not as a requirement by law. That means they, can, by choice, waive it if they want to. This company is taking advantage of every single consumer that they extend credit to and it's doubtful that the majority of their customer base realizes what they're being charged. This is illegal, in my opinion, based on my experience in the finance industry. If it's not illegal, it should be. I will never do business with these people again.

Original review: April 7, 2022

I made a purchase for 3500 that is supposed to be delivered to my house on April 7. I have been calling for the delivery time since April 4 and have gotten nothing but the run around. I called on April 5 and spoke to a rep that informed me that they can't give out a time, and that I would get a call at 845pm the day before for when the time frame would be. Well I asked if they could just put in a note to please make me a priority for AM because my husband has to leave by 1pm to go to work. He went on to say no. I then asked, well if they come and get started and don't finish because he has to leave, then will they come back. He said, no they just leave it for me. I said leave it for me to assemble, but that's not right. So I asked for a manager. He said he would place me on the list to be called back.

So the manager called me back, and I expressed my concerns as above and she told me that I could call once I got the confirmation call to ask them to place a note to see if I could be an AM delivery. She went on to say that the rep was incorrect in stating that they would just leave my things there, if my husband had to leave, she said they would put in a ticket to come back if my husband has to leave to finish the assembly.

I received the confirmation call today, April 6, and I called, just as the manager said, and the same rep picked up and basically told me everything the manager told me was a lie, and that I had to take the time frame they gave. I am beyond frustrated with this process and I just want my merchandise. I did not spend 3500 to be treated like this! The delivery time is for April 7 from 1pm to 4pm, and my husband has to leave by 130pm for work. Can someone please contact me to sort this out? Again, I don't appreciate this miscommunication!

Get buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Purchased an electric range. Sales lady was professional, and this review does not reflect her. Everything else turned out to be the worst nightmare buying experience I have ever had, and I am 71 years old. When the range was being delivered they had put a 4 foot power cord on it. I live in an older apartment, and this cord was too short to reach the outlet. The guys who delivered the range told me that I had to remove the cord by myself, then take it to Conn's, and Conn's would replace it with the right one.

After uninstalling the cord, I took it to Conn's, only to be told by the manager that they didn't have a 6 foot power cord and I was out of luck. I then told them to take it back, only to be told that I would be hit with a 15% restocking fee if I did that. I then threatened the manager with a lawsuit, citing the Texas Warranty of Merchantability law. After that, I drove to Lowe's, bought the 6 foot cord there, and drove back to Conn's and turned the 4 foot cord back in, and was refunded the charge on the cord, which was almost 35 dollars. I was also refunded the haul away fee because the old range was not hauled away. This I can understand because the apartment I live in is very old, and there were roaches in the old range. However, I had to move the old range outside by myself. This was very difficult for me because I have heart problems and high blood pressure that I am being treated for. My whole body is very sore from the exertion I had to make.

I've been a customer of Conn's for about 30 years, but no more. Customer service has gone into the toilet to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if one of their customers who also has health problems died because of having to deal with the same type of problem I had. These people are totally heartless.... Well, maybe not totally. They have a heart. It's a cash register. Conn's would make a great poster boy for corporate corruption. The only reason I am giving a one star review is because there is no option to give a zero.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Conn's feels almost like a scam. I purchased some items with zero % interest for a 12 months period. On the terms/contract it was stated that my payment will be due on the 6th of every month. my first payment was on the 2nd of that month and I pay twice the amount due. I paid for three consecutive months, on the 2nd of each of those months and also paid more than the amount due each time. On the fourth month my balance increased with over $500. I called to find out why that happened and they told me I defaulted in my payment hence they withdrew the zero % interest they offered me. Now the question is how did I default? I paid before each due date and paid more than amount due.... I never received answer to my questions. Their customer service is untrained and hell bound. The management is desperate. They are hell bound as well....STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Conn's Oklahoma City. Today is the beginning of the 3rd week +, 17 days after purchase of a gas stovetop. Unit delivered unboxed without documentation, user guide, install manual, or the parts to make it work that come with every unit, like the gas regulator. Install team on site twice and still unable to get the unit installed even though I paid for installation. Store manager told the installer that she didn't care that the unit would not work and could not be installed and that she would do nothing to rectify the situation. Staff use every runaround and excuse possible to avoid dealing with problems. Will not take calls, speak with customers, return messages or calls. No one in the store knows a thing, no one is empowered to do squat, and all involved seem lost, uninterested, incompetent, and DOWNRIGHT RUDE! Horrible group to deal with.

From start to finish, from the first hour of dealing with the salesman this experience has been a farce, a joke, and completely unsatisfactory...and it's still not finished!!!! Never, NEVER, NEVER!!!! Buy from Conn's! DO not purchase there! They do nothing but lie, lie, lie! I'm done. Canceled Credit card charge and had to purchase another unit from another retailer. Truly the worst customer experience I have ever witnessed! And I now have no cooktop with which to cook for my family as Conn's would not attempt to install the new unit until the Ac was converted from 220 that the old electric one used, to 110 for the new Gas one. Get it, AC for a Gas cooktop! Now I have nothing! Truly pathetic and biblically farcical service!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I'm very disappointed with Conns. Your Thanksgivings sales are a sham; I ordered a TV and computer, only to receive an email stating the product was oversold. I had plenty on opportunities to get these product elsewhere, but assumed all my needs had already been meet. I spoke to customer service twice, and twice I was told my shipment were headed to the store I chose to pick up from. Then, Derrick with customer service tells me "customer service isn't what it use to be, since the pandemic. " What the heck does the pandemic have to do with treating people fair, and holding up your end of the bargain.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Predatory lenders featuring outdated appliance models and sub par furniture. Astronomical interest rates and fees. I was raped by the crooks for 2 years. NEVER AGAIN. Save your money and find another company, or pay cash.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I was called after being two days late and I was charged a late fee. And Conn's was not suppose to charge me a late fee until I was 10 days late and though I took care of the payment the lady told me everything is fine as long as I had taken care of my late payment today. And I have never been late and I pay more than my monthly payment is supposed to be.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The damages to the Risk were caused by the delivery company who self identifies as a subcontractor of JB HUNT. JB Hunt according to the subcontractor is contracted by Conn’s. The damages shown were solely caused by the two delivery drivers who delivered the refrigerator, damages were not only caused moving the new refrigerator being moved into the Risk but also in taking the existing refrigerator out. The drivers requested $150 dollars in cash. The reason given for the request was that there was no note in the work order to remove the existing refrigerator and both drivers thought the move was going to be difficult. Additionally, the request was made after the Kenmore was taken apart and the moving had begun.

The larger driver wanted $100 but the smaller driver wanted $150 cash to complete the move. It was requested that the existing refrigerator be taken to the garage, it was left half partly assembled in the gravel driveway in front of an open garage door. Damages to three solid oak 120-year-old doors was witnessed by both myself and my son. Damage to the wood floors was witnessed as well by both of us. It was mentioned during the delivery that damages had taken place, delivery drivers responded. Laughter took place, grunting noises and at one point the larger driver said he was hung in the doorway going into the kitchen, I asked they PLEASE be careful stating there are Kitchenaid appliances near the area where the refrigerator had become stuck.

Both refrigerators were damaged by the drivers and the ice maker leaked all night long. Being found the following day when the damages to the new refrigerator were found due to the fact that the refrigerator had to be moved exposing the damages to the lower left side of at least 9 to 12 deep dents, a large scuff on the top front face. The Kenmore that was new flawless now has multiple damages. Conn's continued to collect with no regard to us or the now damaged appliance in our now damaged home. They said we signed a release of liability for all damages. We signed a release of liability so the ice maker could be hooked up. At least that's what we were told.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Everything was ready to go out of the box and easy to start up. The set up is clean and easy to upgrade if needed. And the 3080 is an incredible card. Very happy with this product. The gaming power this pc has is the best.

Conn's Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

Conn's Appliances Company Information