Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Compare Appliance Stores

Research top Appliance Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a mattress from Conn's Home Plus in Denver (home city). I was financed for the full amount of the mattress and proceeded with making on-time payments for over a year. In November 2016 I was in a position to pay off my credit balance in full with $360+. After paying it off, I called every week for a month to ensure payment was received and was told EVERY time that I was at $0 balance. I waited for my close out letter that never showed up. I called again December 17 to inquire about the close-out letter and was told by representative that it takes time. I spoke with their credit department because I was concerned that on my credit report the account still showed "Open" and was at $415 balance. I disputed this and the account was CLOSED on December 23 both on my credit report and with Conn's.

Come February 9, 2017 I received a call that I was PAST DUE. I explained that the account was closed and they said there was a chargeback on December 7, 2016. HOW?! If they closed it on December 23, how was there a determined chargeback 3 weeks prior? I have called every day since February (it's now March) asking for them to dispute this OPEN account, yet again. I have sent 8 faxes and 20+ emails with my running bank statements and proof of the credit dispute, to which they continue to reply, "WE HAVEN'T RECEIVED YOUR PAPERWORK FOR PROOF!" I have spoke with over 10 managers. I've called and have been diligent in my pursuit to get this account off my credit report. They have docked me over 100 points because of "Late Payment." I'm usually very patient, but they're scam artists.

They have no desire to look at the FACTS that I paid my account! Do NOT finance with this company. They will take your money, say you haven't paid, ding your credit score and then make you run in circles to disprove their fraudulent assertions! This is fraud. I will be getting a lawyer since they're not helpful. I rightfully paid my balance and I'm beyond disheartened with their treatment, lack of organization, lack of respect and more than anything their unethical practices. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. They will will charge you more than you ever deserve to be charged for your hard working money!!!

We purchased a portable air conditioning unit through their in house financing for 12 months to pay. It is now on its 8 month since we started paying. Our air conditioner now broke, so I called their in house customer service and she said to me that she's going to make an order for a repair and find technician that could help me and call me back right away. I've been waiting for the call but nobody called me back, so I called again that same day and no one is answering my calls already.

I called back the following day and I spoke with the same lady I talked to the first time, she said that she consulted my situation with her supervisor and said that it's too late to make the order for repair because their pickup days every Tuesday only because they have to take it out of state for a repair. And it takes how many weeks, What??? And the fact that I called her Monday, she didn't even bother to call me back. And she even said that she couldn't do anything about it. I asked if I could speak to their supervisor and she said to call back again tomorrow and even hang up on me. I called the store, and nobody can help me too. Even they said that their manager is not there too.

To start off I was wrong by not reading. Salesman sold me a TV on a 30 month zero interest rate note. I'm busy and never really pay attention to paperwork. I always make a couple payments at a time. Made a payment yesterday and actually looked at the statement. Balance and payoff which should be the same weren't. When I called to inquire I was made aware that the terms of the note were 36 months not 30... 29% Interest rate and no pay off early to avoid interest. WOW. I called and only thing I got was told was "You Signed." #1. Man I feel stupid. #2. Conn's you CONNED a 20+ customer. Never will I trade with Conn's again.

When I made the purchase I was told warranty would cover everything that would be wrong with the furniture. What I wanted the warranty was for scratches for moving purposes. You just never know and with paying so much money on the furniture you with think it would be covered. Well I moved and the side of the couch got scratch and I called it in. She told me it was not so now am really upset. I paid my account off. They lost my business. Am a great customer and purchased many things. I will educate myself on the warranty and I will never buy from here again. Don't ever believe a sales person and what they say at the time of purchase. Always look for it in writing. That was my mistake.

I purchased a leather sofa and recliner along with the warranties. The warranties totaled about $500. First the recliner faded and I was told that was not covered. This time I reported the sofa was tearing and was told that because the service department was lax in covering the call, they could no longer cover that either. This was a $4000 set and is less than two years old. It seems that nothing is covered under the warranties and their furniture is substandard. Do not buy from these people. They are scam artists!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

When I first made my contracts I was told that for buying above a specified amount I would get a free television, never got it!!! Now that I'm about to pay off what I owe, I asked for a remaining balance. They give me a specified amount which would supposedly take care of EVERYTHING. I pay that amount and now they tell me I still owe them!! First they say something then they change it up and try to make me sound like an idiot. I will never purchase anything from them and I don't recommend anyone going to purchase anything from them. All they do is lie just to sell. Not cool.

Sales went great. Was to get a call next day with 3 hr window. Made it clear wife was to get call because husband works in machine shop. Didn't happen. Then delivery guy wouldn't let me, the wife, turn off power in fuse box to dishwasher. Fuse for it is posted on door of fuse box. Guy keeps flipping switches off and on and when I told him if water got into the dishwater it couldn't be emptied out and that his flipping switches would cause other technical items in home to turn off and on, thereby making me reset stuff. He turned around and went outside where he proceeded to now take tape off my new dryer.

We also got a credit increase when we applied for their 0 percent terms. So we bought a washer, dryer, deep freeze and dishwasher all within our 2000 initial credit limit. I was in my living room looking through the window admiring my new Whirlpool washer-dryer when to my disbelief I see him drop it from a couple of inches off the ground. The other taking tape off my washer had put a piece of cardboard under it and was properly lowering it to the ground. Then the dryer guy did it again. When it happened the 3rd time causing the dryer to rock side to side, I called and spoke to the store manager. Store manager (although he denies it) called the informing him of my complaint. Needless to say now this guy is really upset with me. Let the games begin. He probably decides (delivery-tech) I'm a ** and therefore he's going to screw with me.

I'm home alone with him and his partner so he sets up the washer-dryer and the other guy is now going to work on installing the dishwasher. But wait, we have a problem. There is a piece of wood blocking their access to the leg of it. I'm told whoever installed the pergola floor had covered it up, so I informed him that didn't happen because it ME who installed the floor. He led the store manager to believe this was a solid piece of wood when truth be told it was a piece of trim 2 inches long and only a half inch thick. It took me and a flat head screwdriver about 39 seconds to flip it off. I informed the tech when he came back in the house the trim had been removed. Dishwasher installed, NOPE why? Because he claims they can't get the front lower panel off of it.

Now I've had enough of this guys attitude and excuses and confront him with his attitude based ego starting over the fuse box issue. He never states that they'll come back to install it, he puts it like I'm out the dishwasher. That's when I'm thinking so what, I'll get 3 of my 4 items and have to go out to shop again solely for this item. That's when I told him it's all or nothing. No dishwasher no sale. Hey I believe it honestly made this guys day because the store manager is trusting his word that there's too many complications regarding this item's installation. He couldn't disconnect stuff fast enough and load it back on the truck. I asked about better (more capable) techs being sent out and the company preferred to lose the entire purchase instead.

About 10 minutes after they drove away and I hung up the phone I went in and got down on my knees (3 knee surgery knees) and pulled on the panel to discover he had been able to undo the screw on the left side. When I got a flashlight and looked at the right side, I could see that screw was stripped. So I got out my nothing special hammer (with claws) and in less than 2 minutes pried the plate off without damage. What 2 guys, supposedly, as told to me by the store manager were their BEST techs, couldn't do what a 66 yr. old woman on disability was able to do with 2 basic household tools both in less than 3 minutes total.

We are going elsewhere for our purchases and like the rest of Conn's victims, lucky for us the delivery did go as it had or God only knows what problems we would have encountered with the 3x dropped dryer. I'm going one step further and contacting Whirlpool about their loss of a sale and maybe why appliances are requiring repair so soon after delivery. Bad business practices letting customers walk away from $2,000 and possible future purchases over resolvable matters such as this one. Your guy copped an attitude in this situation but you doubted the customer's ability to assess the matter and took his word (and I'm sure since they're a team) possibly both their words.

All you had to do was reschedule a delivery with different drivers and all probably wouldn't have been lost on your end. We on the other hand lost nothing and in fact gained knowledge about Conn's business practices thus saving us future losses repair-wise and financially. I too would like to thank all that contributed to this website, yesterday I was dismayed, today I am rejoicing. This weekend we will shop at more reputable and customer service oriented stores with a different set of eyes and ears.

I have had problems with the ice maker of the Samsung French door refrigerator freezing up. First trip - the repairman had to use a hairdryer to get the ice maker out. Told me I might have to periodically pull the ice maker out and chip the ice out. Kept freezing up. Second trip - ice maker is broken, fan was frozen, need new ice maker and water was leaking into my vegetable drawers. Third trip - ice maker replaced. Froze up again PLUS it put water under my long storage drawer and it froze, had to keep chipping ice away. Turned off ice maker AGAIN. Fourth service call, requested same repairman over 10 days ago - did not happen. They said they can send whoever they want - I can request someone, but it's not up to me (and the repairman I requested doesn't service this area - and he's been here twice??) - even though I PAY THEM!

I cancelled today's rep - and I have to wait another week - for someone new. I should not have cancelled but I was originally led to believe I could request someone. The girl I spoke with was very nonchalant about it, she did make a little bit of an effort but the tone of her voice was like "whatever". No matter what, when they come out next week, they have to look at it, then order the part, then wait another week. I have to go through this process three times before they will consider replacing my refrigerator! Conn's has lost all of my future business. This is not the first problem I have had with them.

Bedbugs infested mattresses & Truth in Lending unethical practice: I purchase some items from Conn's Home Plus location in 5530 Broadway Blvd. Tucson, AZ 85711 around 2/2015. One of the items was mattresses w/ box-spring, my experience with Conn's was a nightmare. I notice a few months after purchasing the mattresses I was getting bite up when I sit or laid on the bed. So a friend of my ask me had I check for bedbugs, because it sound like I had a bedbug issue. I ask how is that these mattresses was brand new I had just purchase them from Conn's. So we the whole house for bedbugs, room in the house was clear of bedbugs, so we strip the cover off my bed and flipped the mattress. To my surprise my mattresses was infested with bedbugs.

I call the Health Department hotline, True Noble and the landlord to gain knowledge about this situation. I spoke with a representative from the health department about the issue and explained my situation. I informed the representative that I had the house inspected by True Noble and they informed me that the infestation was only in my room and in the mattresses. I contacted Conn's Corporate Office and informed them about my situation and, ask for someone to contact me about the bedbugs infestation. No one contacted me, so I call them back and ask why no one had call me about the issue. When my payment was due, tell them I wasn't making a payment until someone contact me about my issue.

The customer service rep. if I make my payment that she would note on my account for Corporate to contact me. So I made my payment, when someone finally, contacted me the representative made every excuse possible why they was not responsible for the bedbugs infestation. The representative ask why, it had been months before I contacted them about the bedbugs. I explained I didn't start getting bite up until a few months after the purchase.

When I spoke to the Health Department, representative she explain to me that bedbugs can remain dormant for up to a year if was stored in a cool dark environment, like a warehouse. That they became active once removed into a warm environment and I started to sleep in the bed, the bedbugs started feeding on my and my children. I explained to the Conn's Representative what the Health department and True Noble inspector. Conn's still refuse to take responsibility for the bedbug infestation.

I could not afford to paid the bedbug treatment ($1700) plus monthly follow up treatment inspection for up to 1 year, after paying for bed cover for all the beds in my house, laundry fees to wash all item in my home and a interest rate of 27% which I didn't understand why my interest rate was so high. When the salesman told me the finance charges was base on credit score, at the time I had good credit. I had just purchase a vehicle with no money down for three months and 3% interest. Tell me what they're basing their finance charges on... Conn's is a Con!!!

I called for service to repair my dryer on Jan. 30. They came out Feb. 9 (11 days later), to let me know it was a fuse which I think is common and every repairman in the world would have one on his truck! I was informed it would take 3 days to get one in and another eleven days have passed! I called to check when they would be out and he is scheduled for Feb. 28th (30 days for a fuse.)! I could purchase at the local hardware... unbelievable!!!! During this time I have found out from my staff at work that this is the normal procedure and they would never buy anything from Conn's again and I tend to agree!

This has all the makings of a mafia owned company. I purchased 3 items totaling $1400. I make my payment every month only to be told and sent a letter in the showing that my account balance is increasing despite making payments. The customer service lady tells me that my account is accruing interest every month. Which is in addition to the already added interest at the time of payment. And that I need to pay more than my monthly note. I thought I was purchasing furniture not a credit card. CLASS ACTION FRAUD LAWSUIT, ANY TAKERS. ADD YOUR NAME AND I'll GET THE LAWYERS.

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher and it stop working so I called conn's customer service and they come out, ordered the parts and come back and they said that there were roaches in the dishwasher so they immediately nulled my warranty and now I'm stuck paying $551 for a dishwasher I can't afford to fix or return. I believe that Conn's customer service is in the business of making their customers frustrated and they just don't plain ask, care about their products or if their customers are satisfied.

We will pay off Conn's and we will never do business with him again. We have been good caught Conn's customers since 1997 and this is the way they want to treat us and now I we bought at the same time, we bought a washer and dryer Samsung. Don't buy Samsung products because the glue that they use inside the computer components is a glue that roaches are attracted to and they will null your warranty if they find roaches in there. Buyer beware.

Also having problems with the Samsung dryer. Tried to get them to come out and look at it. Had an appointment for the 16th a February 2017. No-call no-show so I called back to ask why this technician had come to check out the dryer coz it too is still under warranty. They says "well we have to reschedule that appointment." So now I'm waiting longer for a technician to come out to our area. Their attitude on the phone is deplorable and I'm just done with Conn's.

I bought beds from this company. The beds broke. I was told I had a one year warranty and the beds are no longer covered. Do you think I would pay for something and not have a warranty? They would not fix the beds.

My wife and I purchased an LG refrigerator in late 2016 from the Bobby Jones/Augusta, GA store (first payment was due January 5, 2017). While the fact that the refrigerator did not work since it came in our home has been resolved (including a food loss claim for $150.00). The fact that my first payment on January 5th has still not cleared my bank (Feb. 12 as of this post).

My payment on 2/1/2017 cleared on 2/7/2017... Called Conn's customer service and was assured payment was processed at local store correctly. They were able to tell me my check number, too. (I sure hope so, I received receipt and payment ticket). Spoke with management at local store the same day about situation. I was told that he has no way review payments at store level. (What kind of manager are you?) I would think that in this day and age of identity theft, that you would keep better track of payments from 'valued customers'. News flash, this will be our LAST purchase from Conn's as I recently been approved for a Military Star Card at my local AAFES at Fort Gordon. (Thank you!)

Buyer BEWARE!!! Before applying for their internal no interest credit as I've done in the past, I was not informed of the new $100 processing fee that is not disclosed on their website and decided to cancel the agreement. Also, after purchasing 2 washers, 2 dryers, and 1 stove within 1 week, I had issues with 1 of the washers vibrating all over the place and contacted customer service to fix the base. They informed me that it was the decision of the district manager to approve the installers to return to my home and repair, but I never received a response.

We purchased over 10k (to include extended warranties on appliances) in this store in Oct 2015 as we moved into our home. Right at the year mark our Samsung Dryer stopped working (display would turn on and that's it). After a long frustrating month (since they have ZERO repair people in this area) they finally got a 3rd party person out to my house. The technician said it was my lucky day since he happened to have a drum on his truck (which they normally don't stock) and he repaired our dryer and sent Conn's a hefty bill of 1k which is funny since we did not pay that much for our dryer to begin with. Now exactly 3 months later - the dryer is not working again. This time we heard it - a very loud noise and the display is showing the same signs as before and it won't operate.

I call the wonderful Conn's service department - and a girl takes the service call & tells me that I would hear back in 24-48 hours. That would of been Monday or Tuesday but, no they never called back (not surprised). And after Wed I call back and I am told they needed a serial number in order to process my work order. So, mistake #1. No call letting me know they needed a serial number. Now I am told I have to wait another 24-48 hours in order for someone to contact me with a date and time. I wait again--finally I call back on Friday and am told they have no one in my area - there is nothing they can do - but, I need to wait patiently for them to find a 3rd party to come out. If I have any other complaints I can call Corporate (so naturally I do). I put in a complaint and I am told to wait till today (Monday) for a manger to call me. Of course no one called.

So I called back to Customer Service Corporate to find out that a Manager did review my ticket and closed it out on Friday. Which means they were NEVER going to call me! So then I call the store - and same thing. Nothing they can do. The person in this area was either fired or quit. All I can do is make a complaint by calling back the Service Department. So not only will I be without a washer - no one is helpful. If you are considering buying anything from this store or this company I would really think twice about it. They have nice things but they are NOT concerned about the consumer, only concerned about getting your money!!! Poor Customer Service. And why offer extended warranties or have a store in an area if you are not going to be able to accommodate your patrons.

I purchased a washer four days ago. The manager said he would give me 4-5 days to pick it up as to I didn't have a truck and didn't want to pay extra for delivery. So today on 1/22/17 my husband went to pick it up and they sold the washer I paid for to someone else. This is the store in Mesquite Tx. Every time I go get something from there I have problems. Today they wanted my husband to come get me which is an hour away. Mind you he went there on his lunch break to pick it up, they wanted him to drive an hour to come get me and an hour back to do a new application. Who in their right mind would do that if they already paid for the washer? Sorry for the rant but that's ridiculous for someone to have to go through all that when they had already paid for something.

t: I've been a customer of yours for almost a year and a half. But: I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CONN'S AGAIN. Further, I will influence everyone that I am able to not do business with you as well. First, I have a thousand dollar mattress that was 4 months old and had "one inch" depression that you refused to repair or replace. Now the thing sags in the middle like a water bed. And I bought your bogus Protection Plan which was supposed to cover things like that. And I'm posting THAT on every blog, referral site and message board you can find. Then, you send me mail, emails, flyers and everything else that you had "Raised" my credit limit, but...When I went to use it, you Deny me credit!

Then, this month, right after the holidays I needed a little extra time to make this month's payment I called and notified you weeks ago of the situation and committed to make the payment on the 27th of Jan. I was told that wouldn't be a problem. Since I have never been even an hour late, not only Conn's but ANY of my credit accounts EVER. But...I get phone calls everyday wanting to "take care" of this payment. And last...You have charged me for insurance on every single purchase I've made when I carry a renters policy for 3 TIMES the balance of my account. My insurance agent tells THAT constitutes FRAUD. And I will be talking to the District Attorney's Office about that.

I spent over 7k in the Greensboro, NC store. I got home and my 55 inch curve tv had a line. I immediately called the store and the runaround began. I was given a number to call. I spoke to a very rude representative that told me that I had to go to Samsung because I did not ask additional insurance on the tv. Remind you this is the same day I took the tv out of the box. I then spent 2 weeks waiting on call. I also put in 3 requests for service. I finally get a repair company call me 3 weeks after having the tv to be told Samsung does not cover damage. Remember I only plug the tv in. I am being told that I am stuck with this tv because I do not have additional coverage. I have coverage on every item but that. HMMM. Come on now. So this company does not care about anything, but selling you goods and you are on your own.

To their credit my 70 inch had no issue and it was the tv on the back of the truck. The 55 was inside. I have left 3 messages for this manager at the corporate office and have not gotten 1 return call, but they call me every day about my bill coming due, which is 5 days away. Seriously. SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I made a payment to my account and they turn around and made another unauthorized payment from my banking account without my consent. I make my payments like I suppose to. After talking to them I sent in a copy of my bank statement and they decline to return my funds claiming I marked out the prior two deposits to my account. They 1st needed to see from last deposit to where they took out my funds along with NSF for another client account and I did that my personal business is not there. I sent them what they needed and they decide to return funds. I also asked them about why my bill is high on a 999$ bedroom set they charged an additional 1000$ dollar to my account. This company is wrong on all levels and something should be done about how they use consumers. I have also spoken to a lawyer who clearly says they have no right to go into my account without authorization.

I went in looking for a bunk bed set. The salesperson that helped me was very professional and nice. Delivery was set up. We waited. Only to get a call saying they were behind. OK not a problem. At 11:30pm we stopped waiting and went to sleep. No phone call to even say they weren't coming. Next day salesperson called and she set up another delivery for 2 days later. By then we had to go out of town for a important meeting but we still waited. They couldn't deliver. We left and was gone a few days. We get a call to set up for delivery so we came back only for it to be setup 2 days later. Now we furious. On the day they came I pushed back an important thing for a later time that day.

Finally they came over a week later. I didn't get a chance to inspect that day. I did the following day only to find that we were given a used bed and we know because the bed was painted and had several issues. The paint in spots had dripped down and dried like that. The mattress had a huge dent and the spring was vented on it. Some of The support boards that goes under the beds were cracked. They used wood glue to fuse them back together. The bed had a bunch of scratches and paint that bubbled in cracks and around the edges. I was literally furious. I made several calls to them and was given the runaround so finally I decided hey I have a lawyer in the family and a bunch of resources to take them to court for breach of contract.

On that day I got results. I got a service order number and they said they would Call me in 2 days to come out to our house. I'll call back in 2 days if I don't hear anything. If nothing gets resolved we are going to handle it in front of a judge. I'm not paying for something used. They should abide by their promise of saying "Everything we sell is brand new" but that is **. I will never do business with them again. One time screw up is enough for me.

At Christmas I spent over $2000.00 in your Colorado Springs store. LG washer and dryer and a Samsung 65" 4K Curved TV. I also purchased a wall mount for the TV intending to use it. Instead, I set the TV on a table. The salesman, delivery men were great. Your follow-up surveys were extensive. Can you possibly explain to me why I would be denied return of the $65 wall mount still in the box even after I agreed to a 15% ridiculous restocking fee reduction or a store credit? I have spoken with two managers who both said it was "company policy", Darius and Spencer **. This is why Circuit City is no longer in business, Best Buy is losing and Amazon is killing you. It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE.

My wife who is hearing impaired purchased a mattress and box spring with extended warranty from Conn's in Baytown, Tx. The box springs ended up with broken slats under it after a few months and Conn's is now saying it was improperly supported after being set up by their so called technicians. The technician that came out and looked at it and took pictures stated that we would be getting a new box spring. Conn's states that all their technicians are completely trained and knowledgeable in the setup of all appliances and furniture they sell. Now we are told that the warranty they sold my wife whom is hearing impaired is void because the box spring was not supported correctly which was again, installed by their technician. So keeping in mind my wife can't hear worth a flip she was not correctly informed about the terms and hidden conditions about the extended fraudulent warranty.

The reason I state fraudulent is now I look at all the other complaints filed by others and for some over 8 thousand dollars worth. My wife and I are both retired with her on disability and I on early retirement due to medical conditions without insurance and Conn's I guess deemed us unworthy of a warranty or did deem us worthy to defraud. If their technicians are so called properly trained we should have been inform the box spring support we have was improper for the one that they sold us but that didn't happen so it could be considered fraud or an outright lie about the abilities of their trained technicians which again constitutes fraud and not explain to a hearing impaired woman in her 60s is a claim on taking advantage of the disabled or impaired. It seems Conn's doesn't care.

I would give Conn's a one star rating but that would be giving them too much credit. They take advantage of the impaired or disabled and that is proven in this case which goes against the federal and state laws. We will be talking to a lawyer about that. So if you need a tv or furniture or anything like that I would not think about Conn's which in a way is a good name when you think about fraud and cons. The place seems to be ran by them.

About a year ago I purchased a few electronics with Conn's and opted for the Cash Option. This is where you apply for their credit card and have a year to pay it back. Well I call the month my contract was up to pay it off and did so. 10 months later I get calls and emails that my payment was due. When I call to see what that was about they inform me that when I "paid off" my account I shorted them 13 dollars and that my account has now accrued interest. My new balance was 1,400! I disputed this since I had called them to obtain my payoff and they tell me that there is nothing they can do since my cash option contract has expired! When they were the ones that provided me with my payoff amount which should have included my entire balance. Never again will I be doing business with them again but I'm also seeking legal advice. These are con artists that steal people's money! This is theft!

My son purchased me a laptop and couch. A gift from him to me, in my name because THE line of credit was addressed to me. Each cost approximately $800. I paid steadily for almost 9 months, missed one payment... received a bill. No problem, I was going to double up on my payment when the next bill came in. This had the balance due on it. Almost $4,000. I'm thinking there is an error so I call in. They say that this is correct. This is the third time they lied to me. So I advise them to pick up their belongings. I told them I had enough. That I had been lied to the first two times in the store and gave them the benefit of the doubt. That I was completely done dealing with them. That all I paid into it didn't even make a dent. That my two articles should have cost no more then $2,000 at the most.

Needless to say the phone calls and letters keep coming. I have been asking them to pick up their things for the past 5 months. They will not come. They say the articles are mine and belong to me. I am done. I will never do business with them again. The first thing we purchased that I paid cash for was a washer and dryer. The washer chewed, tore and destroyed my scarfs. I asked them if we could EXCHANGE the washer... and was told to do so they would charge me a $250 restock fee. We argued and their merchandise returned. Second lie... The salesmen gave false information all three times, which was suppose to be fixed on my account but was not. My mistake doing business with them again. Just spoke with a young lady... Shawna, the only polite person that I've spoken with. She gave me my account number.

On Jan 2016 I had purchase furniture about total of $10,000 dollars. Two account combine and set up to paid within 24 months no interest rate as agreed. So last month me and my husband were talking about paying them off by the beginning Jan 2017. When I check the remain balance it's was $2199.88 current payoff amount. So I decide to pay $199.88 on the month of Nov 27 which left the amount of $2000 exact. Today comes 12/27/2016 when login the account to paid the bills it said again the amount of paid off is $2013.12. So call ask them where this $13.12 come from since this account is under no interest rate. The lady I have spoke to said, "Because it's property insurance," which completely nonsense because the property insurance was include with balance of the purchase day.

We went in to purchase living room set and dining room set. That was my gift from my husband for me for Xmas. We went into the store on December 2nd 2016 Salesman was very helpful. We had agreed to purchase 2 couches since they didn't have a loveseat. We also purchased a table with 6 chairs. We paid half and December 3rd we went back to store to pay the rest. We get there and sales guy tells us inventory shows 0. So we asked if we can purchase floor display. Sales guy is doing everything for us to purchase. Going through managers, emails. After 4 hours and mind you it's my husband's birthday. It gets approval. We pay it off all in cash. We get home. 2 hours later I received a call from store manager saying they couldn't sell me floor model. But that he'll put an order so we can receive a brand new living room set in 2 weeks. Guess what? After I bless a friend with my furniture.

I specifically asked him if we had to pay extra. He says "oh no ma'am." We call on status. And they tell me I have to pay extra. I gave the name of person I spoke with which was Store manager. He backed off. And said he didn't tell me that. I told him he has breached their agreement. I'm already pissed off. We get to the store and store manager still insists for me to look at the furniture. I said "are you kidding lady. I don't want ** from this store. You can't even hold up to your motto." I'm not a satisfied customer. Just give us all of our money. And I said please "take me off your mailing list..." I told her "You need more training. She didn't know how to cancel our order." And she's store manager. Definitely they need more training...

I am a customer that buys a lot from Conn's and this is my first bad experience that I have had with them. It's taking them a whole month to come and fix my refrigerator they and I have left messages for a manager by the name of Jessica from San Antonio to get back to me, and till this day I have not heard from a manager by the name of Jessica or any other manager, and nobody at Conns is able to help to get my refrigerator fixed, and I have a baby that drinks milk, and I'm also on insulin, and they told me there is nothing that they can do for I just have to wait till it turns a month for my refrigerator to get fixed. I am very upset with Conns and the customer service, and the manager.

I went to store to purchase furniture on 6/12/16. The 2 chairs were delivered on 6/15/16 with different pillows than what was advertised in the store. (I took pictures of the furniture the same day I ordered it.) I informed the delivery guy of that because I was told several times by the sales guy that once delivery leaves, furniture cannot be returned. The delivery guy advised that since it was only a pillow issue, call customer service to advise and they will handle it. I called customer service while delivery was there, and I spoke to a representative who put in an escalation ticket and advised someone will give me a call back within 72 hours.

I also called the store and spoke to sales guy Brandon who advised he will forward the information to management. 96 hours passed, I called back to customer service and spoke to another representative who advised that the first rep did not put in an escalation ticket, it was put in as a complaint and closed out. She then put in another escalation ticket and advised that someone will contact me in 72 hours. 72 hours passed, I called back, because again, NO ONE is calling me back as I was told, I was advised by the rep that it was concluded that I got the correct pillows because the pillows I received are the pillows shown on their website and they closed the ticket. I first asked her why no one called me to discuss before closing the ticket, then I advised her that their conclusion would be concrete had I purchased the furniture via their website.

I purchased the furniture in the store, therefore, I should have received what was advertised and shown to me in the store. She put in another ticket, and again, stated someone will contact me in 72 hours. I called the store, and spoke to Brandon again on 6/27/16 and he advised that his manager ordered the correct pillows from the manufacturer and it will take a few weeks. I called back on 7/20/16 and was advised that the pillows will be in soon. I went to the store on 7/23/16 to speak to manager Chris **, he stated that the pillows were ordered, hadn't come in yet. Stated he is working on it and they will contact me when they come in. I got a call on 7/29/16 from Dennis at the store who advised me that the pillows are scheduled to come in on 8/12/16. Dennis called me on 8/9/16 and stated that they received the pillows, however, they were the incorrect pillows again, he stated that they have to put in another order for the correct pillows.

I went to the store on 8/13/16 spoke to Dennis and Chris, they apologized for the mishap and requested that I text them the tags on the furniture that has the manufacturer numbers/codes to ensure the correct pillows are ordered. I text him the photos on 8/14/16. Still no call back from customer service. I received pillows approximately September 2, the front of the pillows were the correct design, however, the back of the pillows were for a different set of furniture because the color and texture was not that of the furniture I purchased. I went to store on September 3, 2016, took back the pillows that were delivered, and one of the correct pillows from the sofa that I purchased so that Manager Chris could see the difference in the pillows. He agreed and apologized again and stated that he will forward the information so that I can get the correct pillows.

Chris left a voicemail for me on October 23, 2016 and stated that I should receive the pillows in approximately 3 days. I got another delivery of pillows that were incorrect, same front design, wrong texture/color. I called store and spoke to Travis who stated that Chris was on vacation but he will have him call me back when he gets back. Travis then called me back 5 mins later and stated that the store just received a delivery of pillows for me but they were the incorrect pillows. I told him I will wait until Chris comes back from vacation. I called customer service to speak to supervisor approximately October 29, 2016, I was advised that there is nothing that they can do because they delivered to me the pillows that are advertised on their website. I did get upset because she was not trying to help, and I felt dismissed. She hung up on me. I then called back and spoke to another supervisor, he listened to my issue, then said the same thing.

I explained to him that at this point, it doesn't look as though I won't get the correct pillows, and asked for some type of compensation for the incorrect pillows. He kept reiterating that they will not take back the furniture (I never asked them to) he stated that I would need to go to the store because it is not their issue. He also stated that they do not call customers back, so he is not sure as to why I was told all those times that someone will call me back in 72 hours. He disconnected the call, but before he did, he did agree that the issue is not my fault, but there was nothing that they are going to do as they reviewed the case and concluded that they aren't going to compensate. I went to store and spoke to Manager Chris approximately November 11, 2016 who stated that he had not heard anything on new pillows and agreed that at this point I will not get the correct pillows so he will contact corporate to see if they can compensate me.

I still had not heard anything. Went to store on December 10, 2015, Chris was surprised that no one has contacted me regarding the issue. I explained to him that no one ever calls me back when they advise. He took me to his desk to call corporate. He explained to the rep the situation, gave her the information from the email he sent, and she stated the same thing, they WILL NOT COMPENSATE. He reiterated to her that the issue was not my fault and it was a Conn's error. He put me on the phone and she advised me the same thing and kept stating that they will not take the furniture back. I advised her that I don't want to return the furniture, but, should at least be compensated for the incorrect pillows. I am not asking for free furniture, nor am I asking them to pay half, I just want to be compensated for their error, and I should not be forced to continue to pay for furniture that I did not order.

I advised they breached the contract because I did not receive what was advertised and presented to me in the store where I purchased it, and had I known that brown pillows would come with it, I would not have purchased it. Chris emailed me a copy of the email he sent to them requesting compensation, I have pics of the furniture taken in store on the day I ordered, I have pictures of the correct and incorrect pillows side by side, I have picture text of the tags I was advised to send with manufacturer information, I have call logs of all the times I called the store and customer service and I also have messages left by the store rep and manager Chris.

I love the furniture itself, however the pillows do not match my decor, and therefore, if they are not willing to take back the furniture (they say because of risk of bedbugs, nothing against me) then I should not have to come out of my pocket to buy pillows that will match the furniture. Other than the local store where the furniture was purchased, the customer service has been horrible. No customers should be treated this way and I don't feel that I am being unreasonable to the point that I cannot be accommodated.

11-27-16: Sydney Eclipse WD Arm Reclining Chair-$799.99 at Conns in Huntsville by Ashon. 11-29-16: Furniture was delivered by Mike and Rosha. 11-30-16: We sat in the reclining chair for the first time and noticed arm of chair was loose. Upon looking at the chair, there was a noticeable difference in seat position to the frame and levelness of chair arm to the rest of the chair. Called the problem into Customer Service 1-877-358-1252 where I was transferred to the Warehouse (855-266-6349). Spoke with Crystal and recd a work order. The work order was for Dec. 2nd Invoice # **. 12-2-16: My spouse went out of town on business. 12-2-16: Rosha and two other delivery/inspection technicians came and took photos of the chair to send into their company. They let me know this was a defect and could not be fixed as new.

They told me I would be receiving a replacement and that I would receive a call indicating when they would bring a new chair. I asked if they were taking this one back with them and they indicated that they would leave it for our use until we recd the replacement. They explained they had come from Nashville just for my service ticket. I was quite impressed at Conn's customer service aspect of readily taking care of the problem. I was issued a service ticket receipt (of which I have) with the invoice number ** Cust. Code ** Serviced by **.

12-6-16: Went back into Conn's and ordered additional chairs for the Dining Room Set from Ashone **. Upon finalizing the sale, I asked her if Conn's would be able to set up the delivery of the chairs with the Sydney Eclipse Recliner that was under service ticket to be exchanged, so I didn't have to pay a delivery charge. She indicated she thought they would be able to do so and needed to call the warehouse to make the arrangement. She called the warehouse and they indicated that they did not have a service ticket on file for the chair replacement. Ashone asked me to send a copy of the slip and the invoice ticket I recd from the servicemen to her. I sent it to her. She said she would look into it and get back with me.

12-7-16 10:30 AM: Called Conn's Customer service 855-266-6349 to find out the status of my service ticket for the chair and they transferred me to the warehouse. The Warehouse said they couldn't help me but would transfer me to someone who could. The call was transferred to Ashone at Conn's. When she picked up the phone, her and I both wondered why they transferred me to her. She said she was with a customer and would call me back after she spoke with her Store Manager Chris **. 8:18 PM: Ashone called back to say that delivery didn't have a service ticket. The person whom she spoke with said Crystal was out until tomorrow and would forward the email and photo of the ticket I gave to Ashone to her for some answer as to where our chair was. Ashone indicated her day off was tomorrow but said she would respond as soon as they let her know, even if it was tomorrow.

12-9-16 6:19 PM: Ashone Called and indicated the warehouse said they were told that the chair arm only needed to be fixed. She told me if I had a problem with this to contact her store manager Chris ** at 11:00 tomorrow. She also indicated she could give me Corporate's number if we needed it. 12-10-16: I called Chris the Store Manager at Conn's in Huntsville and he said he was going to look into the situation and have some resolution. Ashone called a little later indicating she was also checking into the situation to be sure she stayed on top of the situation. 12-13-16: Called Chris again (since I hadn't heard anything). He was not in. I was told to call tomorrow at 1-800-774-8700.

Shortly thereafter, a company called Fast Furniture left a voice mail on my spouse's cell phone and said they were trying to get in touch with him about the chair and that they would close the service ticket if he didn't respond to the phone call at 941-600-0707. He was out of town on business and Conn's in Huntsville knew. This ultimatum was preposterous. My spouse called me and I called them. They indicated they just received the request to repair the chair and they will schedule and call us when the available appt. will be. 12-14-16: My spouse was back in town and called Chris, the store manager at Conn's and told him that the ultimatum was unacceptable and that we expected something to be done immediately, as we have a chair that we have paid $799.99 for and it doesn't operate correctly. Chris said he would call and speak to someone to take care of this situation and that he would call my spouse in an hour.

Approx. One hour later, I recd a call from Ashone telling me she spoke with Fast Furniture and that they couldn't get to us to LOOK at the recliner until Dec. 29th. I told her this was unacceptable and that my spouse was now handling the situation and I would let him know about her call. My spouse contacted Chris again and explained he was unhappy that Ashone had called me and that he (the store manager) should have called him as promised. Chris indicated no sincerity regarding the situation and told my spouse it was out of his hands. He had done all he could do. My spouse asked him for the Corporate Offices Phone number to make a complaint. He called corporate, but the number Chris had given him was not a correct number for the department he needed, it was a billing customer service number.

After several transfers around the customer service areas at the corporate office, he left a message with a Ms. ** and left a message for her to contact him or he would be going to the BBB and taking on a small claims complaint if no one resolved the conflict. 12-14-16: I made our first payment on the chair. Still do not have a chair that works properly. My spouse called FAST Furniture back to accept the Appt. on Dec. 29th, since as of this point in time we do not have any alternative.

Conn's Appliances Company Profile