Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
3.15/5

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Conn's Appliances Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Salesman upright lied about costs for warranty and delivery. Told me I could make changes to contract when items were not accepted and then after I drove 40 miles gave me a phone number to call. Contract was done on their tablet just the way a car salesman tallies what you owe without you seeing it. I was denied my copy. Supposedly one is in the mail now. Purchase was made middle of Aug. Four (4) calls since then and 2 emails today being Oct 7, 2019 leave me feeling deeply Conned. My desk has sticky paper in my writing space that won't come off. Don't buy the spin free washer. It doesn't wash your clothes. Balance goes off easier and clothes should be folded before placing in washer. When told of these issues, Conn sales people in Chandler AZ told me too bad. Salesman, Mike, quit responding to my text once the sale was made. High pressure sales and then I'm ignored. WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM CONN'S. THE NAME SAYS IT ALL.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

If you chose to do business with this company be warned. Their name is Conn's. That is exactly what they do. I was told that they price match, not so. They only price match if you bring in a paper ad. I found a much better price online. They would not match the price even though it is a local company. I will not be back in this store again.

Get expert buying tips about Appliance Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Where does one begin.... When my brother first went to Conn's to purchase his bed he was told that when he made overpayments it would go to the principal, that was a lie. We were later told that it just goes towards his ending balance and he couldn't pay off the principal any faster as he was told he could. After that we still decided to business with them, that was our biggest mistake. We purchased the extended warranty on the product which would give us 3 years of warranty. This is where the biggest problem has occurred. After about 2 years the metal arm on the chair that raised and lowered the footrest had ended up bending. We called in to see about a replacement before we moved, which then started a claim.

We told them we were just checking and wanted to wait till after we moved. After we moved and got settled in a few months later we called in to start the claim. After the claim was started we were asked to send in pictures of the primary issue, however, they also asked about additional problems that we had with the couch so we told them, even though they were not the primary issue we had with the couch. The couch leg rest was no longer functioning properly. We got denied the claim. We called back in to figure out what happened and why. We were told that they would send it up the chain to see if we could get it overturned.

We kept an eye on the status of it. In two days time, the status stated resolved. We never got an email or text of the decision. I called them to figure out what was going on, that was when I was told it was due to heavy usage. I had reached out further and was still told the same thing. Don't go with Conn's Home Plus for any furniture or get their extended warranty if you do as it is just extra money to them and they don't care about your needs.

IN final detail this is what I was told when I messaged them through Facebook: "Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our records show that the original claim for the sofa was submitted 4/24/19. Upon submission, we did not receive the requested information to process the claim. The claim was resubmitted on 8/16/19. Upon review of this claim, it was denied due to the accumulation of damages. At this time, we are unable to render service on the merchandise. Please let us know if you have any other concerns." Of course, they didn't get info requested on 4/24, we weren't submitting a claim as we were moving. There was no accumulation of damage. It was because of the metal arm that lifts the footrest that was damaged and causing the issue. This is why we got denied. Again, please don't do business with them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I paid my balance in full and they still took one more payment from my bank account. I've been calling customer service and they keep me waiting and then hang up. I sent them an email last week and haven't heard from them. It's been more than a month and they haven't return my money to my account.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I bought a sectional from Conn's 2 years ago. I live alone and the furniture is falling apart from day one buttons popping off and suppose to be leather is peeling daily. Do not buy furniture from them Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I bought a reclining loveseat and couch from Conn's. Springs stared popping up from them 2 years into my contract. They sent out all the parts and a technician to replace EVERY single cushion. The tech from Tri County Furniture Repair seen one of the seam on the casings were busted. He wrote to Conn's and told them ALL of the seams were busted when it was only one of them. After they told me that their service agreement doesn't cover the casing, I read it for myself. When the repair guy had it disassembled even he pointed out out cheaply they were made.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was pre-approved for 1800 and wasn’t able to go to the store that month. So when I did actually go they said my approval had expired and they reran my credit and made it drop a point just to say they can’t approve me now so I totally wasted my time. Didn’t have that problem at “BEST BUY“. Now I’m getting phone solicitations from Conn's saying, "Come in and we can get you approved." Yes Money is a total fairytale if you ask me!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Me and my girlfriend went to get a new mattress and was greeted by Sales person Kay **, under manager James **. We were shown several mattresses and even laid on several before selecting the one most suitable for our taste. We approved for $2000 which was more than enough for the bed and mattress. The sales person, Kay ** asked if we would like to add dressers since we were approved for more. We said sure, and long story short... Conn artists delivered us two dressers and a frame and said if we want a mattress then we need to come back in and sign a separate contract on too of our current one that is 170.00 per month.

Meanwhile we're sleeping on our living room couches with a bill and nothing to sleep on. The manager says he can't do anything because contract is final, and we owe $2700.00. We were told we would get a call back and didn't! Basically, they swindled us into having dressers and bed frame but then said.... Buy mattress separate. The sole purpose for us coming in there was to get mattress. No one explained that the set comes with no mattress. Do not shop at Conn's! I repeat! Do not ever shop at Conn's!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Bought mattress and adjustable base. Heather the salesperson says, "Oh yes you're gonna get exactly what you're testing out minus the lumbar function." Next day the product is delivered. Bottom of bed doesn't massage, bolt laying in floor. Delivery guys wiped their sweat off their heads directly onto my new mattress. They brought a dirty mattress protector for us to use. Talked to Heather the following day and get the runaround told to call a Dcc number. Sent several emails and no call back till 3 days later saying they won't do anything. It's now a service matter, yet Heather told me they would bring me a new base and make some concessions for us. Now they redact every bit of it.. Conns is a CON.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We bought a LG3700 washer and dryer with pedestals on 15 Aug 19. On 15 August 2019 we purchased a washer and dryer from Conn's and had it delivered on 16 August 2019. The dryer door's hinges were not rotated as the contract called for, nor did they level the machines. Delivery sent another team out and they were to only level it. They did swap the door around. Total time was 15 minutes. Then we put the first load of clothes in the washer. The tray leaked with fabric softener and when spinning, the washer was grinding and getting ready to explode.

We have been talking to management nearly everyday and finally on Sept 1 they swapped out the washer, however they took the washer AND the pedestal and only left the new washer. The delivery team said they would have to send someone else out to install the pedestal. I talked to the store manager after the team left and she said that was sending an email to delivery. It has been 19 days and everybody I talked to from Conn's was blaming somebody else for the mess-up.

Conn's Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded more than 120 years ago as a plumbing company, Conn's Appliances sold their first refrigerator in 1937. With stores located throughout the south and southwest, they now do more than 1 billion dollars in sales, annually.

• Store credit available: Buy now and pay later with store credit. An easy and quick approval process allows shoppers to work out the financing on the go.

• Extended interest-free deals: Pay no interest on purchases for up to 36 months, with credit approval.

• Next day delivery: For those who live in one of the 12 states with a Conn's store, next day delivery is a shipping option.

• Free white glove shipping: Get professional shipping and white glove service that includes haul away of old appliances, all free with a qualifying purchase.

• Price guarantee: Conn's Appliances will match any price within 30 days of purchase. This offers price protection against future sales and price drops.

• Best for: Foodies, frugal shoppers, big families and Interior designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs