1.11/5
Based on 131 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need an appliance store?

Conn's Appliances

We are a specialty retailer currently operating approximately 90 retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. We sell furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as traditional and specialty mattresses; home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges; a variety of consumer electronics, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and home office products, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories. We also offer a variety of products on a seasonal basis and continue to introduce additional product categories for the home to help respond to our customers' product needs and to increase same store sales. Unlike many of our competitors, we provide flexible in-house credit options for our customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 22, 2018

1123 Conn's Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Went in. Saw a LG dishwasher on Clearance. Said we had a deal for $800 free delivery and $119 and $24.95 for kit, I agreed. He checked with his manager and he ok'd it as well. Sit down. Take info, hard sells the warranty, I say no, hard sells credit, I say no. Come to the end and now they can't deliver for free, $79.00. I said that was not the deal and he said he couldn't do anything about it. I left at that point. These are true con-artists!!! Stay away!!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I purchased furniture from Conn’s in June 2017... I spent two hours there with the representative and felt good at that time. I just found out recently because I was late on a payment, Conn’s charged a late fee and removed the cash option from my account accessing interest. It was explained by the representative that the only way the account would be accessed interest is if it not paid off within the year. I feel as if this is a very poor business practice. The terms of this agreement should be revisited. Also they need to inform customers at the time of sale that you will be required to pay more if you are more than 10 days late. They are robbing people blind and taking advantage of them. Something needs to be done about this. They should not be allowed to practice business or they should train their reps to be honest and not leave important details out of the agreement. Conn's should not be I’m business. BEWARE.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We had our dryer serviced on Feb 6th. The thermostat went out. 2 days later the dryer stopped getting warm and shuts down after 3-5 minutes. Called to have repaired... again. They scheduled to come out the following Monday. They never show. We called and they said the technician closed out the ticket as being complete. Excuse me? Doesn’t that first require showing up at least? They can’t seem to answer as to the ‘why’ but hey, let’s put yet another ticket in. Two days later we are calling to see when we can actually use the dryer we paid for to be told that the soonest they can get out is the 27th?

So let’s recap- Feb 6th tech ‘fixes’ dryer. Feb 8th dryer is now even more broken. Feb 12th tech is supposed to come out (again) to fix dryer (again). No show technician. Call Conn's on Feb 13th to learn that No Show tech closed ticket as completed (liar liar). Can’t answer why. Can’t fix their mistake. But they can reissue a new fix ticket. Call Conn's Feb 20th to see what the deal is only to learn that they can send someone the 27th?! That’s acceptable?! Perhaps I should charge them every day until fixed since they obviously hire dishonest technicians. Meanwhile I’m out a dryer and having to borrow my neighbor’s time, power, and space to dry clothes. HORRIBLE service (or lack thereof) by Conn’s. YES they’ll take your money but good luck if you expect timely honest service after.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I tried returning my computer at the Conn's store in Gastonia NC before my 14 day policy ended. The store manager took hours before waiting on me. The store manager told me to give him 195.00 for restocking fee. He asked me how I was going to pay, I told him he can take it out of the 280.00 I paid down on the computer, stated he couldn't do that. I told him I don't have that kind of money, I thought that he would take the money out of the down payment. So the Conn's store won, since I didn't have the 195.00 I had to take the computer back with me. I will never shop at Conn's in Gastonia again. They don't explain their contracts when you purchase items. And their finance charges are too high. And they take forever helping you in their store.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I purchased a loveseat and big chair with ottoman from Conn's. Shortly after my purchase, the loveseat spine broke. It was under warranty and they sent a repairman out to fix it. I watched as he did the work and upon removing the upholstery I noticed that the construction was somewhat low quality. The repairman said the workmen missed the place to nail (staple) the spine to the frame. Now, it is broken again. Unfortunately, according to customer repairs, my warranty is up and there is nothing they can do. I am sad. It was poor quality. And I am still making payments on this broken piece of furniture. I am a senior citizen on a limited income. I cannot afford to hire someone to fix it. So? I will not make a furniture purchase at Conn's again. Nor can I recommend them to family and friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conn's Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I bought a Sofa Sectional in April 2017. I was told I would be mailed a booklet for payments. That NEVER happened so I ultimately had to call the store back to get my account number to begin making payments. I had an initial loan amount $3,846 and a contract for 34 months. After 9 months of payments I elected to pay off the remaining balance of $2,661.62 to AVOID the additional interest payment of $1,603.88. What Conn's does not explain to you is that EVERY payment you make, interest is added on to EACH payment. I would’ve ended up paying $5,801.08 on a loan of $3,846. You think this would calculate to a 50% interest rate, but if you call Conn's Customer Care, Or the Actual Conn's Store they will not even tell you what your interest rate is. They will only give you an “estimate”.

When making payments, you will never see a “remaining balance” unless you call and ask for one. If you do call you will always get a different answer on what that balance is depending on who you are speaking with. This company is VERY CROOKED and make money off people with bad credit. I would recommend buying cash or paying the balance off as soon as possible. AVOID CONN'S AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

They order parts to fix my bed and it took a whole month and a whole three weeks for someone to come just to be told that all the parts are wrong and it could take a whole month again. So he called his self Botching it up. The legs are hanging off. I am afraid to get in the bed because it going to break. This is the worst experience ever. They are not trying to fix the problem and they made it worst and they call you to death if you one day late. Lord this is not right at all. I don’t like this at all.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I am so disappointed with the way Conn's has handled our insurance claims. First of all let me start off by saying they are the most unorganized company that I have ever dealt with. Me and my has been purchased the insurance that would cover our payments if he lost his job or if the merchandise was damaged in some way unfortunately we have had to use the unemployment insurance and that was like pulling teeth we had to keep sending the form over and over, sending it to the Waco office and then sending it again to the office, in Florida it was like those two companies could not communicate with each other one company would tell me one thing and the other company would tell me something to contradict what the first company said.

So we had to request that are due date change back in November so we did that and of course it does not surprise me with how unorganized they are that they would not have record that we requested it back in November, then December then again in January, and of course they have no record of this now but when we talk to them on the phone they assured us that the due date would be changed to the 12th. Unfortunately we are still having to claim on our unemployment insurance, in which we received a letter stating that I cannot file another unemployment claim until after to February 12th 2018. (Now let's not forget back in November I asked them to change my due date till the 12th plenty of time for it to be taken care of if they were doing what they were supposed to be doing.).

So Conn's receives a payment for the insurance that has me paid up until January 13th 2018, and my next payment should not have been due until February 12th 2018, anyway in the meantime I'm trying to file a claim because my furniture has came unsewn and I have damage insurance as well. Now let's remember that if they would be doing their job correctly my payment would not be due until February 12th which I've been in contact with them several times since November and each time they have told me that they changed my due date till the 12th of every month.

Now when I'm trying to file this damage insurance they are telling me that cannot do this because my payment came due on the 2nd of February and I have not made that payment yet hello it was supposed to be changed to the 12th of every month but it really doesn't surprise that I am going through this because every month I have had to go through this same exact thing with Conn's and my due date. One person tells me that it was changed and then they start sending me text telling me that I missed my due date and now they are not letting me file and use my damaged insurance. Which my payment would not be due yet until the 12th if they would have done what they were supposed to do way back in November and of course they don't have any record, am I shocked??? HELL NO!

Needless to say I will not ever be doing business with Conns again this is the worst experience that I have ever had with a company as big as they are they should really have their stuff organized better and the employees should be better trained on how to handle this sort of situation very very disappointed and I'm sure I am not the only one who has had to go through this with them they are good at one thing and that's messing everything up and not doing what they're supposed to do! Big pat on the back for that!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Warranty repairs on washer - I was given a window of time that I could not possibly make and no other choices. I am a teacher and could not leave my classroom nor take a day off. The only time I was given was a two-hour span in which I would receive a call setting up the appointment time. I did return the call with a text, but the technician could not come to my house during the hours I would be there and there were no weekend options. Rescheduling will be problematic since they, again, will not attempt to accommodate my schedule with even an early afternoon appointment. I will never buy from Conn's again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

BE WARNED: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Yes, they make it easy to finance but the customer service and products are horrible. I purchased a dryer that was dented, a washer that doesn't work, a dishwasher that doesn't work and a refrigerator that works but very loudly. I've been calling since the day after delivery. I've called the warehouse, their customer service and even the collections representative. Absolutely - no one cares from this company. The only thing they are about is their payment. Horrible... DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My husband and were loved the no interest for 12 months. We decided it would be a great fit for us and our needs at the time. When we went into the store we were blown away with how easy it was to get the account set up and to make our purchase. It was all fast and no stress. On Saturday we bought a TV, Washer and Dryer. It was delivered on Sunday. Sunday we went back in and had decided on a bedroom set. We scheduled to have that delivered on Monday. Sunday night the dryer kept getting power failures and kept turning off. We did our own troubleshooting and we're still getting the errors and it kept turning off.

On Monday morning at 828 I called service and submitted a ticket to have someone come look at it. I had asked in store multiple times and multiple people and was told if there’s an issue be sure to notify them within 72 hours and they will send someone out for service immediately. When I submitted the ticket Monday morning they informed me it would be 24-48 hours but someone would be out.

On Tuesday at 900 I called because I still had heard nothing from them to schedule a time to be out. They didn’t even have a ticket for me! I gave them the number I was given on Monday and that is not even enough numbers for their system! They couldn't find a service request anywhere! I was transferred to a manager who didn't answer and left a message. I then called the store to inquire. He was kind and wanted to help. He called the warehouse to see what was going on since he could not find a ticket either. When he called me back he had a ticket open for me but now I am being told they will not be out until Friday to fix it! This is past the 72 hours for exchanges!

When I told him this has not worked since it was delivered and this was unacceptable I was told he would look into it and he hung up on me. Another hour has passed and I still have not heard back from him or from the manager. I just spent 6k with this company and they can't even ensure their products are in working condition. We were prepared to do all of our major buying from them since it was so easy... they have lost loyal customers in us and we will do what we can to pass along the knowledge to save other families the grief!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I purchased a new refrigerator from Conn's 2 years ago in February. The delivery service damaged the fridge by putting a dent in it. We called Conn's and they said that they would issue a refund of 10%. Never got it. Then, I called a week ago to get my payoff amount and they quoted me 152.00. I call in to pay it off and the payoff amount had doubled. I asked the representative to send me a payoff in the mail, and she said she couldn't do so until the next day. I then told her that I was going to pay the account off today, and the payoff amount was 252.00. These people are rip offs and I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My husband and myself bought a TV from Conn's. We don't have the TV a year and the whole TV went black. We finally got appointment for someone to come look at it and January 3rd 2018 they came and got it and after a week my husband called to see what was going on. They told him to call back in 2-3 days. He called again today and was hung up on twice, finally someone got on the phone with him and again was told to call back 2-3 days because they was still reviewing it. Really what are they reviewing? The TV went black. Their products are not worth your money. I will never buy anything there again and have told several people not to buy from there. When I call back and they are still messing with us I am going to get a lawyer because we paid too much for the TV. We just want a new TV or our money back because we are done dealing with them.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We purchased sofas and when we received the product, we found that the quality is not the same as in the store. The second day we noticed the sofas were popping when my son sat. We were told that the sofas were real leather. Of course they were not. So I called them 2 days later to let the manager know that we were completely unsatisfied. I was told that they can not take furniture back. Mind you we were never told that there is a NO RETURN POLICY. When we left the store all we received was a invoice that did NOT have the policy. The sales person said he would email them which we didn't receive a email until later that night. I ended up attempting to get a new set of sofas not return them. I got the runaround. Called 4 different numbers that I kept getting from each person. The only way we could possibly receive a new Set of sofas is to have a technician to come and inspected the product to call them defective.

So we got a appt set for the sofas to get inspected 2 weeks later. That was the next available. So the tech comes and tested the sofas. He clearly heard the popping sound but he tried making it seem we caused the problem. No. We called 2 days after we bought them and told them about the popping sound. It's not our fault you scheduled us for 2 weeks out. CONN'S IS REALLY IS REALLY STANDING UP TO THEIR NAME, THEY ARE CONS. PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE PURCHASE. You may want to record the conversation so you have proof if what you were or were not told. I would never purchase furniture from them. IDK about appliances. They might be refurbished and may give you problems. I wish I could give them a 5 star rating, but I honestly cannot.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

BUYER BEWARE ESPECIALLY YOUNG PEOPLE AND NEW ARRIVALS TO THE USA. Conn's continually flip flops on their terms and conditions to take unwanted money from the customer. After a 10 year relationship of my whole family having good credit with Conn's one month they offer free freight then the next month the freight charge is $149.00. You could complete and credit application free now. They charge you $100.00 to do business with them unless you have a Synchrony Bank Credit card and it’s free. Read the contract very carefully because if you buy furniture and cannot produce proof that you have house or rental insurance they charge you a percentage cost of the order and apply the insurance cost for you because they want their property protected although you are paying for it.

Even I tried twice to have them issue a credit to my account after the delivered the love seat no one from Corporate Conn's would not return my phone calls or emails. All they do is sent me letters "your account is due" and start to text me 5 days in advance before my payment is due. They don't understand that when an account is in dispute you should not get involved until it is resolved. After 4 months and over 50 phone calls to the Lewisville store and Conn's Corporate store I gave up and dealt with the Better Business Bureau to assist me in getting the credit resolved. These people don't care once the product is sold the third party for all the service to trades that don't work for them and the sales people only want to make the sales and good luck getting them to help you once you leave the store.

All the employees complain about the company they work for, how they micromanage everyone and not one can make a decision. Very sad so after I went through and I wanted you the public to hear my story first hand. I hope this information helps someone. There are other better places to buy furniture and they provide good customer service as well.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

My insurance overpaid my account for Hurricane Harvey damages and Conn's has been lying to me about it for 5 month!!! Every time I call they hang up on me or they tell me it will be another 5 to 7 days!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I purchased a 65" curved Smart TV Friday January 12, 2017. Opened the box. There was no foam at stop supporting TV. My TV is now cracked and has black lines on screen. Conn's will not give me another TV. Do not buy from them ever. There full of bs. Now I'm stuck with a TV I can't watch and they are trying to charge me a restock fee of 259$ for something I did not do. You can clearly see where the box was bent in at top from photos.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

We purchased a tv a dishwasher and refrigerator from the Raleigh store. The fridge and tv are fine. The dishwasher leaked from 1st trial run. They didn't install it because it's hardwired and we were told they wouldn't do it if they had to hardwire it. I have spent hours on the phone. Told them to come get it all... But they call that voluntary repossession. And that's bull. They wouldn't fix it. They wouldn't trade it out. They wouldn't take it back and adjust my bill... So lesson learned. READ REVIEWS PRIOR TO BUYING! I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to buy from these crooks. Now will be paying for a dishwasher that I also have to fix... They should be put out of business like yesterday.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Yes indeed they are!!! I bought a laptop that cost maybe $1,300. It is costing me almost 3K. I have been paying more than the minimum every months to the point that my next payment due day is in August 2018. I have paid already $1,200 and I still owes them $1,224. It is outrages how their prices and their interests are. A Laptop that cost less than 1,000 now I am still paying so much money. Do not buy from Conn's. Their prices and interests are outrages like I said before. I am so mad at myself for being so naive and stupid for considering buying anything from this company.

Another thing I am so upset about this company is that I am trying to review my account, how much money I owe, how much interest they are charging me and I can't even see that online. I need to call to get some of the information such like how much I owe and how to make a payment. I bought the computer at the beginning of this year 2017 I believe and I don't have the information they are asking me like the order number or receipt or images but if you send me an email I will send you my phone number so you can call me.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I bought a stove there and was guaranteed delivery the next day, no call nothing so I had to call and they made a mistake and didn't have it on their paperwork, "Oh we'll bring it tomorrow", "Oops it didn't make it on the truck". Next day (2 days before Thanksgiving) "Oh we will get it to you", "Oh no we might have to reschedule to the day before Thanksgiving". Started screaming, they delivered at 9 pm that night but no room on the truck to haul away the old one. "We will have to come back." No calls no nothing. Call them tonight and since it's been a month and nothing in their notes that can't help us!!! WTH Conns??? I'm never buying another thing from you guys, the whole experience sucked. You don't stand by your word or your delivery people's promises.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Roku tv powers on and off continuously - After going through an extremely nasty and length divorce and losing my washer and dryer, I decided to check on a brand new appliance store that had moved into the southeast. I had gotten several emails and offers in the mail. I applied online and was offered a $2000 line of credit. After going back and forth on what to do, I visited the store and decided on really nice washer and dryer. Paperwork went great, delivery was awesome, and in return, my payments were on time, EVERY month for 24 months. No issues, whatsoever. I got an offer to extend my credit and after talking to my 15 year old daughter, I decided to purchase her a mattress and box spring, 43 in Haier Roku TV.

After going over the contract and reading that the sales lady had added the washer and dryer and the contract with the mattresses and TV, I specifically ask her to not do that no one. I was basically going to be paying for the washer and dryer all over again. She proceeded to tell me that they would have to take the offer of credit back if I didn't put it all on one account. I asked to speak with her manager and upon doing so he apologized and printed out a new contract. 2 Days Later the mattress and TV were delivered but not a copy of my updated contract. I went in the store to make my first payment wondering why it was so much. It was clear added the two accounts like I specifically asked them not to. I was basically told it would have to stay that way or they would have to come get all of my stuff, not just a mattress and TV.

So what was I supposed to do? After a year and 21 days of having the Roku TV, and not buying the insurance, it stopped working. I called Conns to see if they would fix it and they basically had no answers for me and told me to call Haier. Haier said because it was out of warranty for 21 days they could do nothing about it to talk to Conn's. After going round and round with Conn's, they told me they could send somebody out to look at it for $95 but it had to be at my house. They said after looking at it then they could tell me how much more money it would cost to fix it. Or I could do a voluntary repossessions but they did not promise me it would not go on my credit. Went on to tell me that it could still not be split up what's the other items on the account so if I did a voluntary repossession on that, they would have to pick her up the mattress and washer and dryer also.

Again, what was I supposed to do? So now I'm in the process of paying for a washer and dryer 2 times over and for TV that after one year 21 days does not work. The whole reason of given the background in the first part of the story is to say I was the perfect paying customer and I was rewarded with the absolute worst customer service. I've read many other similar reviews on here, and my question is, how do so many go unresolved while the customers hard earned money continues to be taken? To what end does this continue?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have been a long time customer of Conn's. I have purchased many large items from this retailer, mostly because when I go shopping other places seem to not have what I need in stock, or they have had a sale that was hard to find at other stores. Nonetheless, I have never missed a payment on any of my purchases and am currently making payments on the very computer from which I write this review.

I attempted to purchase a pair of headphones and because my account came up with my phone number I told them I would just charge them. It was a $400 purchase, so ok. Hold on to my money for a few more weeks (until I see what this tax bill has in store for me). Although I received prior approval - with a credit check - when I got into the store, I was denied. The sales person mentioned my impeccable payment history and noted the number of accounts and even asked for reconsideration and noted that I was offered a $2400 increase. They declined my $400 request.

That being said, I don't get the lack of customer appreciation. I am a return customer. I have never missed a payment. I was approved, told that I had 60 days to use and then on day 2, I was declined? Yeah. The antiquated system that they use just cost them a customer. I do not recommend establishing any kind of history with this company. Apparently, you can make on-time payments and it means nothing to them, but if you miss they will probably hound you. I will pay them off and NEVER return to a store. Fry's is across the street. I will just go there. At least I stand a chance of getting a better price and if not, they will match that at Conn's.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

The washer that we bought from Conn's has been a piece of junk from day one. Don't buy a Samsung top load from the recall on it too. The service people that worked on that had to look up how to work on it and the service department stall you on getting it fixed. They will not replace it but keep getting someone to work on it that cost more in the long run than replacing it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I purchased a bed frame from Conn's. Was told it would be put together. It was not, my son in law came to sign for the bed. He thought he was signing for the delivery… When I called and said it was not put together they apologized. Said that has never happened… When we put the bed together it was broke and missing pieces. After several days of calling and basically told we signed so there’s nothing they can do. I told them the policy was someone would come out to inspect…see that it was manufacture defect. Finally they sent a guy out. He checked and took picture and said, “Yes. It’s not fixable.” He said they would come pick it up. Now they are telling me. That I have to go pick something else out and they will drop off same time they pick up bed. I am so upset. I don’t want anything from there. I just want to return the bed that was delivered so poorly. They let the box just open and headboard against my mirror in my room.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

On September 27, 2017 I went with my husband to CONN'S HOME PLUS in the city of Las Vegas to buy a 82" television, this lady (salesperson) GRICELDA ** came to us to help us. I never forget, she told us if we have some kind of trouble with our purchase, the television don't work properly or it cannot be fixed, "You will get a new television", but everything was not true. I am sick and tired, I have been calling hundred of phone numbers, and I don't see a solution. I am not going to pay for something that don't work. I will never buy at this store again, be careful people!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a refrigerator from Conn's on 6/18/2016 and on 11/25/2017 the unit stopped providing refrigeration. It was still on however there was no refrigeration. A service tech came out and advised me that he will order a new computer board that "MIGHT" fix the problem. In the meantime my family will be without a refrigerator for at least 7 to 10 days. I called ** the store manager at 5704 Independence Blvd. Charlotte NC. He stated he cannot do anything for me and gave me the dreaded 800 #. I called the number and they were not helpful at all. The rep told me my unit doesn't qualify for a replacement. A technician has to come out 2 or 3 times to try and fix it and make sure it cannot be fixed then they can put in a request for a new unit. I asked him what do I do until then. He said, "Buy some coolers and ice and work out of that." They have the perfect name for their company because that's what I got CONNed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Middle of September we financed a king size platform bed set from Conn's on Ridgeway. Being that our bedroom is small we had to remove the furniture and make room for our delivery and set up. The set exceeded $3000 not including interest. Around the end of November we noticed the head of mattress was beginning to sink and wasn't level with rest of mattress. We lifted mattress to find that the wooden boards used to support the platform were not evenly distributed from front to back, but also the legs were not screwed into the boards. The boards only went from around middle of bed to the foot and when we attempted to spread them out correct, the legs just fell off not even screwed into the boards.

After calling customer service and holding for 1/2 hour I was told all they can do is put in a service call. Someone will contact me within 48 hours just to SCHEDULE an appointment when one is available for repair or replacement. No compensation for the fact my brand new bed isn't even stable enough to sleep in for who knows how long. Very dissatisfied with this entire situation... not to mention there isn't even another bed in our home for us to sleep. I have attached pics of how we found our "set up" $3000 bed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

There's nothing worse than going thru a flood... and East Texas took the brunt of this storm with all the force imaginable! Everyone here either lost everything or had a family member or friend that did. We were unfortunate and lost quite a bit. Sadly we were still paying on several items from Conn's and they have been horrible in their dealings with us! I cannot say one nice thing and that's unusual for me. I try to find a kind word or a reason but there's nothing to find in this fiasco that was kind or just. We had an Alienware 17i gaming laptop which retails for approximately $2000.00 and a LG Dishwasher retailing for approximately $900.00. We had paid diligently, no interest was our goal, and we were getting ready to pay off early when the storm hit.

We lost those items as well as many others due to water damage. After photographing and sending the pictures of the damaged items to Conn's insurance, we were eventually notified they would pay off the balance. It was a relief because we had been having issues with their payment dept saying we had lost our no interest and now had another 1000 dollars added to our account on one item and 500 to the other!!!! Even though we had let them know about the flood and our intention to pay off both items in total! It made no sense!!!! We have been Conn's customers for over 11 yrs and ALWAYS PAY OF EARLY!!! It wasnt like we were just spouting off things we couldnt prove or that we'd never done before! Needless to say our lump sum we get every year was behind due to the storm and we couldnt get it to them due to this fact.

Did Conn's care? NOOO! Not one whit!!!! SO hearing they were finally going to take the responsibility owed to a good customer was a relief to hear. Sadly it was a ruse of some sort because we got a letter in the mail and several phone calls asking why we hadnt made our delinquent payments... Delinquent payment??? WHAT? Ok now I'm confused, angry and not understanding what who or why they determined we were behind if it was paid off due to Harvey/insurance coverage. Now they are saying they need a sales receipt (if you know I owe you how you cannot have access to that is unreal) and we are going to be given the items lost and must reinstate payments with the ADDED INTEREST!!! Seriously??? Are you kidding me???

I'm fighting this. I hope they know! I've never seen a corporation so callous or cold hearted to people in my LIFE! I am appealing this and taking it as high as I can. Hope everyone knows it's dangerous to deal with Conn's... All they care about is gimme gimme gimme... You won't have anything to GET if you dont start treating your customers better. I'm absolutely DONE with Conn's and I was a loyal customer...WAS! SMH>Disgusted in Port Arthur Texas.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Worst company ever! Do not let them fool you. Beware, Conn's is a scam. Very undertrained people esp the "managers"; Temple, Miguel, Angel, Sycceri, they promise you one thing to only drag their feet then say too much time has passed. Nothing but a greedy ** show. DO NOT BUY FROM CONN'S! They will screw you one way or the other! Do not shop there. Stick with the honest companies. Conn's is a very greedy dishonest company. Delivered a damaged washer & refuse to take it back.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I went to the Conn's store in Chandler AZ. I was just looking around at different places to find living room furniture, and found the perfect set I wanted. Mike helped us out and made the process quick and easy. I got my furniture the same day with low monthly payments. Very happy with that store I plan to return and get a refrigerator. They have A huge selection of stuff to choose from. Thank You Conn's.

Conn's Appliances Company Information

www.conns.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use