Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Conair Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I ordered a product that was under warranty and was told I would receive it in one week. That was the beginning of July. I called back was on hold for 35 minutes. Was told the item was on back order. I waited a month. Called back and gave them my order number. Was told that was the wrong order number but was assured the product will be shipped in seven days. That was the beginning of August.

I called back. After being on hold for 40 minutes was told it would be shipped out in two days. This was two days ago. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Gave the names and dates of the people I spoke to. I said how I had emailed customer service at least five times and never got an answer. Had left two messages for a supervisor and never got an answer and finally after 59 minutes of being on hold the supervisor apologized for my inconvenience and assured me the product would be received in 5 to 7 working days. The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Too many other companies to deal with to have to put up with this.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

In an important week ahead at a conference out of town I packed my Conair hair dryer. I have only owned this dryer just over 1 1/2 years. On the 1st day of the conference I went to style my hair and when I turned it on it went from high to low power with the element going to full power and beyond! It made a popping noise and then it burned a large area of my hair off!! Singeing my scalp and burning the hair around where it burned me!! I was part of the group hosting the conference and had to moderate 3 classes!! I was horrified. I did a comb over my missing patch of hair and smelled burnt hair all day!! It even put yellow streaks in my silver hair where it tried to burn more of the area! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! It is not safe to use!!!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Today I turned my Conair Infinity Pro hairdryer on and while it was pointed at my head the inside shattered and sharp pieces came flying out. It was loud, scary and extremely dangerous. Although I purchased this dryer a while ago, it should not have blown up.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Two weeks ago I purchased another Conair 1875 model 3H32. It blew up when drying my hair and the heat burned the tips of my fingers. This is my 2nd purchase of a Conair hair dryer product. The first one only shot out sparks and then died. Different model 1875 than the other. I will never ever buy another Conair product.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Purchased the Conair Wall Mount Mirror in Nickel finish and installed it onto my Brand New Custom Cabinets. Three holes needed, in my cabinet. My bathroom is fully vented. After 5 years the base connected to the cabinet is All RUSTY, Looks terrible. Called Conair, they wouldn’t help. Emailed Conair, and after seeing the pictures, still no help. Only warranted for 1 year.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conair?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Infiniti Pro Travel folding hair dryer, Model: INF129RC - beware! - While I was blow drying my hair, the fan grabbed a chunk of my hair through the air inlet grille. The hair was wound around the fan so tight, I had to cut it off. I had just had a $125 precision haircut a few weeks previously, which is now destroyed thanks to this dangerous hairdryer. I wrote to Conair Canada via an online form on their website a few days ago. No reply yet.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought a Conair travel humidifier. It worked fine, but for some reason shuts off after only about an hour. I contacted Conair to see if there was any way to adjust it, and they just arranged to send me a new one. No cost, shipping paid, immediately. This is great customer service. Thank you Nancy and Conair.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Purchase the Conair hairdryer model 259Y in late June 2018, Last night 9/10/2018 the I walked into the bathroom where the cord was on fire. The bathroom vanity was destroyed as well as smoke damage to the ceiling bathroom and various personal items and medications. Thank god for insurance I am hoping. There is not a recall for the 259Y, back of the handle has two screw, there is a 259 model with one screw on recall. Please be careful. The unit was not in use for hours when it caught fire.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I bought my Conair 1875 Hair Dryer about a year and a half ago. I was just drying my hair (it's thin and short) and the inside of the hair dryer blew up! That's right, Blew Up! That was frightening to say the least. Conair bought Cuisinart and last year, my coffee/hot water machine wasn't even on but was plugged in, and thank god I was home because the machine caught on fire and like I said, it wasn't even on! Conair, if you're reading this, you better stop using Chinese cheap crap shortcuts in your products or you're gonna have some serious class-action suits on your hands! I could have been severely burned by your piece-of-crap hair dryer!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I bought a scale yesterday and it didn’t turn on. I called Conair's care center to ask them and the lady told me I might need new batteries. I said, "I just bought this yesterday." and she said, "Yes they might be old." I said why would you sell me a product with old batteries and she said very sarcastic and condescending and raised her voice, “Well I don’t know”. She was incredibly not helpful even when I said the box said to call you guys!! Argh! So frustrated never want to use this company again. Terrible customer service.

Conair Company Information