3.9/5 (215 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Conair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conair?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conair?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I purchased this item approx 2.5 years ago and then it stopped working. I contacted Conair consumer and supplied them with my receipt as well as an explanation about my problem. They replaced my air fryer after pictures were supplied as per their request. It was a very positive and refreshing experience to deal with these people. The product has been great but this one glitch is a cause for concern but they covered it. They deserve the 5 stars I gave them.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

I was gifted this dryer 23 years ago and just had to put it away for good dec 2021. I am amazed this dryer has last that long. So impressed. It's nice to see a product with impeccable longevity and performance. Most you think ah no way, I will have to buy a new one in a couple years. We'll, this one was 25.00 and 23 years, I am surely out can say it was an economical and proficient product.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I purchased the Conair Active Life Heating Pad (Model HP09C). Having a sore back the product looked ideal for me. The strap design was quite nice, however there is very little heat even on the high setting. The reason I ordered this was because it was advertised as having significant heat. Having the heat next to nothing, should not be advertised that way. It is very deceiving. Adding insult to injury I now found out the Company is not available for communication. I am now stuck with a product that does not deliver and I will be throwing it away.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

My hair dryer sparked and caught on fire in my hand while using it. The cord blew apart from the dryer and burnt my bathroom a counter. Very scary and dangerous. Should be on the news considering how dangerous. Didn’t know there was a recall until I looked up the company to contact customer service. I sent an email but no response and called, but was left on hold for 15 minutes just trying to reach someone.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I purchased a Silverbird blow dryer. Only had it for a month and it blew up on me. Sparked fire damaged my left eye as well as the outlet in my home. Conair refuses to pay me a dime. My medical bills and time missed from work are over $3,000 not to include a permanent scar on my left eye and blurriness I am stuck with for life.

Original review: April 1, 2020

This hairdryer (Model #270TXT) was 5 ½ years old before it had quit working … Although it had a 4-year warranty, I’m giving it a very low-rating because it was hardly ever used - I kept it in my guest bathroom for guests and was rarely used. I called Conair’s Customer Service to see if they would repair it at no-charge as I felt due to hardly ever being used, it should have not become defective with such little usage. The service rep I spoke with had me on the line for almost half an hour when he finally said there was nothing they could offer due to the extended time past the 4-year warranty. I really felt due to the circumstances of it hardly ever being used, they could have at least offered to repair it, or compensated me with a discount for a new hair-dryer. If this is the type of quality I can expect from their products, I won’t be purchasing any more Conair products.

Original review: March 8, 2020

The blow dryer caught fire while in use. Pops, sparks, fire at the end of cord right at the plug. Plug is way too large for someone to pull it out improperly so that wasn’t the cause. At least they did something right. It caught my wall on fire. This happened in August 2019 and I’m still waiting for them to follow up on my request, calls, emails. I’m not sure why they don’t care. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I have had this hair dryer for about a year and when I was drying my hair the plug caught on fire and Electrocuted me!! I still feel tingling in my arm due to this. It even set my house fire alarm off!! My last Conair hair dryer blew up in tiny pieces everywhere!!! Do NOT buy this product!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have had this hair dryer for approximately 2 years. Today, the cord caught fire and I was electrocuted while holding the dryer. After I plugged the dryer plug into the electrical outlet, a flash and popping started, then a flame shot out of the cord, three inches from the plug (at the junction of the reset plug "box" and the actual cord). The flame continued & could not be extinguished until the plug was removed from the GFI protected outlet. The flame did not trip the GFI in the wall or the blow dryer plug.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I was doing my daughter's hair. She was under it no more than 20 minutes when I smelled melting plastic. The plug melted. It could have caused a fire had the plastic gotten into the outlet. It is very dangerous and should be recalled.

Conair Company Information