Conair

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I asked my sister for a new hairdryer for Christmas. She got me the Infinity Pro Conair 1875 watt dryer. I seemed to like it at first, but the outside of the dryer, had a mesh coating on it. I have long hair, and my hair kept getting caught. Not only that, I used it yesterday, and it started smoking and making a loud noise. I couldn't believe it! This blow dryer was only a few months old, not overused. Thank god I had my older Conair, this one I had for quite a few years. These products should be tested more frequently, before putting them in stores. So today, I bought a new blow dryer, but I'm trying a different one. I hope this one doesn't blow up either. What a disappointment. :(

My wife has had this hair dryer for about a year or so. One morning last week she was drying her hair when a flash and popping started, then smoke and a flame appeared three inches from the plug in the cord. After extinguishing the flame, she had to kill power to the whole house to get the dryer plug removed from the outlet. The flame did not trip the GFI in the wall or the blow dryer plug (GFI stands for Ground Fault Interrupter, NOT power). The dryer shorted across power, not ground. She was fine AFTER her heart slowed down (panic over).

After using my Conair 1875 yesterday (4/1/2017) I turned it off. It immediately came back on, with smoke shooting out of the low/off/high/cool button area, followed by shooting flames. I had to pull it out of the wall to stop the flames. What gives???

I have been a supporter of Conair hair tools for over a decade. I'm writing you to inform you that one of your specialty series flat irons called" tourmaline" has overheated and possibly was the cause of burning my client's hair completely out. I only had the flat iron over a month and never experienced this. My client has been a loyal client for over 4 years and we have never experienced this kind of mishap before Ever!!!!! This flatiron "tourmaline" by Conair was on level 420 heat the entire time. It wasn't until I got to the shaft of her hair and the iron stuck to the hair and completely fried it out on the left side. Once this happen I screamed as well as she did. My client and I sat down and went through entire process of how we do her hair and what possibly could have happened, then realizing there was nothing we did to cause this.

My client always reminds me to make sure the heat is down just because she didn't want to loose her natural curl pattern however she didn't have to mention that to me this time because the heat was only at 420. We did not spray any chemicals in her hair before flat ironing it nor did we put any oils or serum in it either! Her hair was completely dry and ready for style. I know for a fact it was the iron because it gets super hot when you go over 390 degrees and this is something that just start happening after I retested it on my hair. It's almost like it did some kind of freak blow up in side the actual iron. I'm not sure what we can do about this issue but I assured my client that I will be there to the end to resolve this issue at hand!

These irons may need to be recalled or looked into because this is not Acceptable. Throughout my 15 years of doing hair I have never experienced it! It is embarrassing and now I DON'T trust Conair anymore! I'm not a complainer and I know accidents happen I also know I wouldn't email you if I didn't have my facts in line, but this is something that needs to be looked into ASAP! Please have someone contact me asap. I would love to send pictures of her hair but there is no attachment folder in this box to do so. However, I will send one once someone contacts me back. Really need a response soon so that I can better assist my client and assure her that her hair will grow back and we can treat it properly! Thanks again. Note this msg is for corporation. Regards.

I've had this hairdryer for a while. It was good to me and I wasn't looking to replace it anytime soon until this morning. I was drying my hair and all of a sudden I heard a loud popping with a blinding light right in my face. It kept popping and I threw it on the ground afraid that it would catch on fire. I unplugged it and then I saw that the cord how been blown off the hair dryer. Such a scary thing but thank God I was not burned or hurt. Will never buy Conair again and I will be contacting them to see if they do anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conair?

Have been using this brand of curling irons from Conair for a little over a year. Have burned myself a few times due to the extreme heat, however, I just thought it was my own ignorance of the product. However, this morning I went to use my curling iron, in the same manner I always do. Away from the sink! As I have the curling iron rotated around a length of hair, out of the blue, the iron pops and shoots sparks flying everywhere from the handle!! Good grief! Seriously I could have been injured beyond belief! According to the tag on the cord, the item # is V08480 and the Bar Code is 0-74108-165-22-0.

I really liked my Conair 1875. This was the second one I bought but they don't even hold up for 2 years. I finally bought another brand and threw it away. I will be darned if I will pay to send it to you. The first one I gave the benefit of the doubt a second. NO! Your feature of cord storage was wonderful but it does have to preform and hold up longer. I have short hair. It doesn't have to be run for long periods of time. Your product is junk and I will let friends know as well Not to buy!

Terrible. I bought this for my daughter but first wanted to make sure it was safe for her and tried it out for the first time myself. I ended up burning myself severely. Now at the hospital. Only had it on the second level. Can't believe how unsafe this item is and how hot it gets only at the second level to cause such a burn.

I mailed back the clippers & received a new one only because I requested my money back!!! And now this one stopped working too! Then I call Conair to report to them that the same thing has happened again! I'm never gonna buy their products again, nor recommend their products to my friends & family! Should've read the reviews first.

I purchased a Conair hair dryer (Model 124AC) with dual voltage prior to an overseas trip to the UK. The box states that this hair dryer has dual voltage, 2 heats/2 speeds and a folding handle. I checked that all was working prior to my trip. When in the UK I changed the voltage to the 250 setting, and was surprised to find that only 1 heat/1 speed works on the higher voltage. It is only the highest heat and speed setting that works.

Once home I contacted the company to see if this was a defect and was told this was how the dryer operates on the 250 setting. Their response is that this information is contained in the inside brochure under "additional information", found on the reverse of the operating instructions which I had read. I told the company that this information should be on the box as I bought this "travel" hair dryer to use overseas and wouldn't have purchased a 1 heat/1 speed dryer. Their position is that the dryer is functioning as it is supposed to therefore they will not accept a return. It is also beyond the period when I can return it to the store so I am stuck with it. I believe this to be a case of misleading packaging, fully known to them and was very disappointed with their customer service.

I purchased my first Conair Infiniti Pro 1875 hair dryer about a year ago. I loved it, until one day while using it, flames started shooting out the end of the handle. I was unaware anyone else had this problem. I had just returned from vacation and I assumed something must have happened to it during travel... although, I could not figure out what could have happened.

I purchased the exact same model again (thinking the first one must have been damaged while traveling). I immediately noticed that the 2nd one did not seem as powerful. I used it for about 6 weeks until this morning. While I was drying my hair, I heard a buzzing noise and felt a shock. I immediately dropped the dryer and unplugged it. I tested the wall plug with a very old dryer I have and no problem. I noted on the plug there was a test and reset button. I waited about an hour and attempted to plug it in again. Immediately I heard the buzzing and got shocked again. I would not recommend anyone purchase this unit. It is extremely dangerous.

I bought this hairdryer at a pharmacy in Manhattan about six or seven months ago. It was on sale. I've had no problems with it until today. While using it, it made a couple of popping sounds and then immediately flames and sparks started shooting out of the bottom of the handle and I felt a current go up my left arm. I dropped the hairdryer on the floor and pulled the plug out of the socket. The resulting smoke in the bathroom was very unpleasant. I immediately went to the Conair website intending to report it and saw that many model numbers of the Infinity Pro had been recalled, but not my model number 259Y. The recall notice was very specific in saying that only models with one screw on the back of the handle were being recalled. My model 259Y has TWO screws on the back.

I telephoned the Recall Center and spent 17 MINUTES ON HOLD. Honestly, for a department that is entrusted with dealing with safety issues, this is quite unacceptable. I hung up and proceeded to call the Conair Corporate Headquarters in Connecticut. I was transferred to a Directors voicemail at extension #**. I believe that her VM message said that her name was Andrea ** (phonetic representation). I left her a very long message with all of the above information and more along with my phone number which I repeated TWICE. I demanded a call back and also demanded that the website recall information be updated to include this model 259Y with TWO screws on the back of the handle.

I got a call back from a woman in New Jersey who said that she was the only person who worked in the Personal Products Department now, because everyone had been laid-off or had retired. (I had encountered some difficulty returning her call; kept getting disconnected.) When I asked her why the disconnections, she said that the calls automatically disconnect when she can't answer them because she doesn't have voicemail. When I asked her why she didn't have voicemail, she responded, "I guess I don't rate." The woman took all of my information and said that she would refer it to another product department and someone would be back in touch with me shortly. I won't hold my breath.

Conair's lack of preparedness for important calls from consumers about safety hazards with their products is inexcusable and shows a disregard for consumer safety. It also seems typical of a company on its way to going out of business. I plan to stay away from all Conair and Cuisinart (their brand, too) products for the next few years.

Caution!!! I bought this "Conair" curl & secret curling iron - $99 on sale for $79 with my 20% coupon - "As seen on TV". I've seen it for at least a year - finally go to buy myself something nice. Had to wait for it to ship to Bed, Bath and Beyond (because everyone wants one) and that thing ate my hair for real. If my 17 year son hadn't saved me I would have lost an inch of hair. It was and is still stuck in that thing!!! For sure worse than boot camp, working on a teenage psych ward, and as a wound care specialist this was a horrific experience. Now I'm trying to figure out how to write a review - which in hindsight I should of looked up first.

Conair Infiniti Pro 1875 Watt Hair Dryer. I purchased this hair dryer last week to replace a hair dryer I've used for 5+ years. Took dryer out of box and dried my hair and it worked fine. After I finished I threw away the packaging. The next day I went to dry my hair and the medium blower would not work at all. I called Conair this morning since the product has a one-year warranty (or so I thought) and was advised that I needed to send the dryer to their Arizona warehouse AT MY EXPENSE where it would be evaluated and they would then let me know what I needed to do next. When I asked why I was required to pay postage to return a defective dryer I was told I should be happy because they normally charge for the item to be returned to you as well and they waived that portion of the fee. Bad product and worse customer service! I strongly advise anyone considering a Conair hair dryer to reconsider!

Bought 5 i-Stubble men's hair trimmers for Christmas. All but one worked. The spring that holds the blade assembly together wasn't attached. Contacted Conair and I kept having to contact them again and again because every replacement that I got (3 replacements) all had the same problem. Quality control just let them get by. I have read many reviews about people with the same problems for the GMT880. Tried to attach the spring myself, but the tiny plastic piece that holds it just breaks right off. Finally just gave up and threw it away and bought my little brother something else. Will never buy another Conair product again because they don't care to test them before selling. I would advise everybody else to stay away from Conair products.

I bought a coffeepot for my husband. After he had it for about 11 months, it was not working right no matter how often we cleaned it. So I called Conair and they sent me another coffeepot for $10.00. This coffeepot, the light did not work on the clock and at least once a day the coffee would come out cold. And to send the pots back it would cost me $50.00 a pot. I would not buy anything that's made by Conair again.

First purchase started leaking water within three-year warranty. Conair replaced with a unit that lasted two months before hot water stopped working. Conair replaced that one with another unit that lasted one month before hot water stopped working. Now, ConAir customer service says they will replace the third unit but it's only under warranty for 90 days. Even though the original purchase stopped working within the three-year warranty period, and the two subsequent replacements stopped working, Conair/Cuisinart customer service says we're out of luck with the original warranty if the fourth unit doesn't work after 90 days.

I've been using this product for approximately two years, lately I've noticed it's been hotter than normal and would have to wait for it to cool down. Last week I had it plugged in for about 15 minutes, when I came back, the top cover had caved in and soft, it had started to melt. The rollers were extremely hot, when I tried to lift one out, the whole top rim came off, the rollers were melting from the heat!!! A few days later I tried to pull a roller out to look at it, all were stuck and after forcing one out, I could see that the rollers had melted and were so disfigured it was hard to remove them from the slot; they were stuck to the floor of the unit the metal rods. Very dangerous over-heating. I saw someone else wrote about overheated rollers too.

Infiniti pro hairdryer - Yesterday I went to blow dry my hair and it simply blew up... But not until it snapped, crackled and popped blowing amber hot sparks in my face. I am so startled and angry!!! I want a new dryer!!

Last night I was using my Conair Infiniti blow dryer and it made a huge exploding noise. Flames shot out of it and it nearly burnt my chest. Thankfully, I dropped it immediately so there were no burns on my skin. It was a frightening experience and I won't use Conair products again. It will be hard to find a blow dryer that isn't Conair but I will try today.

I received the Conair Infiniti curler for Christmas. The first time I used it was great. The second it started beeping and would not stop. So I try it a third and it gets stuck in my hair and I had to cut a large portion out. I've been growing my hair out for only 2 years and now this. I will not be buying Conair products. I am not trying to go bald, I am trying to look pretty. And the best part, it kept trying to eat my hair to the scalp until I unplugged it and what happened after that, the curler started smoking. I am guessing it was my hair, I didn't want it to catch on fire so I cut it off almost to the scalp. Instead of get a perfect curl every time, how about lose and burn your hair every time.

I just bought a Conair wet and dry straightener and went to use it today on DRY hair, and I put it on my hair and it burnt the whole left side right as it hit my hair!!! I had to throw the straightener into the sink to stop it from smoking AND I had to run into the shower because I thought my hair was about to go on fire. It's so bad to the point where my hair is burnt to a crisp and stuck on the metal plate, in piles in the sink as well as burnt in my hair and falling out as we speak. How does this happen?!?! I've used many different straighteners and this has never happened! Now I literally have one giant burnt spot on one side of my head. What am I supposed to do, cut all the way up to my scalp? Or shave my head on that side? This is unacceptable and I am so so pissed. I should sue you for this! Never buy from them!!!

I opened and used the Conair curls and curl-styling brush once. The first time I used it my long hair got so tangled I couldn't use anything to pry my hair out. I had to end up cutting my hair. So now instead of long pretty hair, I have unwanted bangs that I had to go to the salon to blend the rest of my hair. This product is ridiculous and thankfully, it is so cheaply made, it didn't heat up enough to burn my scalp. In fact this product is so bad, I think it is being discontinued.

Has anyone had a problem with the Conair 1875 dryer? Over the last few days it has been blowing hot then starts blowing colder air, then back to hot, then cold again. I can still dry my hair but weird. Today I actually got a shock from the thing. My fingers still tingle. Not using it again. Need to buy another. This one is only a couple years old.... I'll be using my 1980s backup hair dryer for a few days.

Had just got this curling iron my second time using it and my hair got caught in the device. I could not take it out. I pulled and pulled trying to get it out it wouldn't release my hair. Finally had to cut it out called the 1800 number spoke to a rep she said she was so sorry took my info. I asked for corporates number she wasn't allowed to give it out?? She said someone would get back to me still waiting??? I asked if this has happened before was not allowed to answer ?? What kind of company are they running??

Conair curling wand kills your hair!! Do NOT buy, very disappointed. I have to get a hair cut frequently due to the curler. Not worth the money.

I noticed a "smell" in my fairly new iron and called Conair and was "assured" it was under warranty (which I have) and that they would send me a replacement out ASAP. I did not have another iron so expressed to them I needed it right away and if there was a wait to please let me know. I was told 7-10 days, no problem. Well that was a long enough time but I waited. After day 10 I called. I was told now that it was on "back order" which I would never have sent it back had I known this but now nothing I can do. I asked to "please" give me a call when it comes in and again was "assured" I would no problem.

Another week or two goes by now and nothing. No call nothing. I call again and they tell me that the blue one is still on back order but they have a black one they can send out. I figured I waited this long might as well wait. I then after 2-3 days thought I might as well just get a black one even if doesn't match the dryer. I call again and NOW I get that my particular iron (blue) is DISCONTINUED so I guess I have NO choice now but to get the black one! I really am angry now and ask that they PLEASE just send me the black one as it is over a MONTH now and no iron. I was speaking to someone who apologized over and over who also said she knew how it was being without an iron trust me and that she would send it out 2-day FedEx so that I would have it EARLY this week like Monday or Tuesday!

It is Wednesday and I called just now to get the tracking number because it is still NOT here. I was now told that it will be arriving tomorrow and since there is supposed to be a SNOW storm here tomorrow I am now looking at Friday! I am extremely DISAPPOINTED in this company and their employees and yet ANOTHER company that has NO clue about customer service! I won't be purchasing ANYTHING online at this company again!

Every Conair hair curler I've owned have been inferior. The clips that hold the rollers to your hair are made of plastic which softens/expand and let the rollers fall out. Their latest ($99) curler is no better.

Conair Ion Shine 1875 Blow Dryer - I've had this blow dryer for less than 2 years. The past month I've been noticing the area where the cord meets the appliance was getting extremely hot when using it, but didn't think anything of it. Today, I was using it and noticed a weird, plastic smell. Turned it off and didn't see any smoke or anything unusual. Turned it on again and immediately heard a loud pop and was showered with hot sparks that flew out of the cord. Dropped it on the ground and it shut off, but never been so scared in my life.

I bought this curling device for $113.00, you would think it was great for that price. One day it heated up so hot it burnt my hair. I did not notice initially but by the end of the day 1/3 of my hair had fallen off about an inch from the root. The entire top layer of my hair was gone. There's nothing I can do to fix it but wait for it to grow. I emailed them about it and got some stupid email saying to send it for testing with all the original packaging. No sorry, no nothing. I was so disgusted I didn't even answer back. Please do not buy this.

Conair Company Profile