4.1/5 (9957 ratings)
$46.83 to $54.75
Availability
49 states (not WA)
Labor guarantee
30 days (90 days for parts)
Service fee
$85
View Plan
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except Washington; the company has partnered with Home Service Club of California to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 50k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Thank you so much! I was with another home warranty company and it was a true nightmare! I called and I like the tech that came out- it's not completed but we have an appointment for this week. So thankful for CHOICE HOME WARRANTY! Less stress!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Excellent customer service by the Choice Home Warranty representative, Warranty call person, HVAC company contact person and their technician. We were contacted the next day and were taken care of ASAP. We had an issue with what our coverage provided and the Rep. stepped in and got everything fixed within an hour. Very happy, definitely would recommend!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Not what I expected. I think the appliance fixed at least five times should have been trashed long ago. I spent way too much in deductibles to only receive $343. to replace the appliance. The technician went above and beyond all of the visits he came to my home.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The service person was knowledgeable and completed my the repair on my furnace very fast, he was very courteous and professional. CHW handled everything fast without a hassle and I did not have to do anything but make the call and report the problem.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Technician arrived on time and was prepared with all necessary parts needed to repair our Samsung refrigerator. Technician explained the work he did. Very pleased with the Service and with Choice Home Warranty quick in their responding to a warranty claim and selecting qualified experts to respond.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I made the claim and within an hour had a appointment with a repair person. He came out 3 days later, look at the ice maker and determined what the problem is. A part has been ordered and he will cone back and fix it!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

My technician was knowledgeable and very helpful. He completed the work order and exceeded my expectations. I was able to use my central heat and air unit once he finished. This was extremely helpful due to the freezing temperatures on my area. The company was extremely prompt in sending a technician to my home as well.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

After 2 tech and now a Plumber, you are asking me to pay $455 to the Plumber when my contract with you only require me to pay $45. I’ve paid $90 so far and this last Plumber says you aren’t paying them totally to install a new hot water tank. So now they want me to pay for materials you won’t cover or they will not install the tank. It’s now over 2 months and your Company refuses to honor your contract with me.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Cannot attest to service as I just signed up today but both people I talked with to begin my policy were friendly and knowledgeable. Able to answer all concerns and did all they could to get me the best price.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Fahrenheit Heating and cooling Showed up and quickly diagnosed the problem. Made a pair and was finished in under a hour. The tech knew his business. He was polite, honest and did all you would expect during this unusual cold snap. My recommendation fully.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

The technician was very efficient and professional and knowledgeable. He was also kind and took his time in the process. Answered all my questions. Demonstrated how to use the ice maker and water dispenser properly. Would recommend CHW to friends.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Reuben was quickly able to find suitable warranty plan for our new house and proactive in making suggestion about the coverage. He was also able to explain various plans Choice warranty offers and differences among them to make our decision easy.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

There were many conflicting emails and several no-connect phone calls first, but once I spoke with Francis, he gave me a deal I consider very good and so just accepted. I hope I'll never need to use any of the services, but if I do, I hope the agreement lives up to the promise.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Both the dryer and dishwasher were fixed in one visit. My tenant is satisfied with the work and so am I. The dryer needed a belt and the dishwasher needed new wheels. Good work by the tech company and Choice Home warranty.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I came home one evening to find that my refrigerator had stopped cooling. I submitted a claim that same evening around 7:00 P.M. and immediately received an email confirming my claim. By 8:00 A.M. the next morning, I had already been set up for a service repair that same morning for 10:00. The service agent was AWESOME, he quickly found the problem and ordered the repair parts while still at my house. I've had to submit a couple claims in the past and have always had the same outcome. Choice Home Warranty is the best!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

It took a month and a day or two. Before Choice Home Warranty was able to find a contractor to replace my garage disposal. It took the repair man two hours to complete the job. The repairman did a good job.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Tightened up commode fasteners to floor, said that should do it. No problems yet, very good job. Would recommend these guys to any of my friends. They had to travel 50 miles to get here, and 50 miles back home, can not see how they can make money at that distance.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

FRAUDULENT!!! I had to pay $2,100.00 out of my pocket for a new pool pump after being told it wasn’t covered. Go to find out, IT WAS COVERED AT THE TIME I WAS TOLD IT WASN'T!! Oh, they wanted to send me a check for $250.00 to make up for their lie! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER “RESOLUTION SERVICE” on behalf of Terrance W. STAY AWAY!!! Much better, HONEST companies out there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Frist when you talk to a customer service to claim anything, they say it covers what's in the plan. For example, plumbing, no matter how old it is then they want proof of an inspection report. So many excuses so they won't cover the repair. They as so good in collect the money, just wouldn't pay for this insurance again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Arrived on time. Found the problem and corrected and repaired issue. Very friendly and courteous. Highly recommended. Took time to explain the problem and ways to prevent the same issue in the future. Very pleased with the outcome. Would use again!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

My system failed and Choice replaced the whole outside unit. I paid the connection and inside costs. The installation was very professional and clean. I cannot ask for a more friendly service. I did have to use Emergency heat while waiting for parts. Home warranty. Came through. This all happened at New years weekend.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I have been out of water for four days. I have yet to be informed of a technician who can help. I have offered to get my own technician and to send the bill to Choice but they only allowed $80 reimbursement. After spending almost $6000 for the policy I find this unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Took 3 months for a tech to come out. Way too long! They said the parts would only take 3 days to come in, didn't here from them for two months and I had to call them again. Then he came in 2 days later.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

In the past I have not had good service from Choice Home Warranty as I have had to wait for up to two months for service, then when I opted for reimbursement procedure, my claim was closed and had to be reopened. But my last experience was perfect!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I really appreciate how easy and affordable the claims process is. I've heard horror stories about never being able to get in touch with someone and getting the run around at other home warranty companies - but I've NEVER had that experience with Choice.

From,

A Happy Customer

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

The Tech was great. He was friendly, fast, and explained the situation well. However, our AC was 2lbs low on refrigerant, and rather than add a leak stop to it, Choice Home Warranty decided to forgo that small extra cost "this time" and would require another visit should the refrigerant be low again, which was disappointing, as it would require another visit potentially, and another deductible payment.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Ariel from Bustamante door was Excellent. He came and diagnosed the problem in 3 minutes. Made a call to CHW and replaced the gearbox in 1/2 an hour. He then tested it and checked it thoroughly to make sure it was working properly. The best technician. Very Professional and Knowledgeable. A Real asset to your company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

The person taking my case and the technician were very good; however, that is where my positive experience ended! I seemed to be caught in a catch 22. The tech advised that it was the compressor on the fridge but CHW would not cover because it was still under warranty with LG but LG would not cover because I was not the original purchaser of this 4 year old fridge. Feel that the CHW program was a waste of money and I ended up paying more for the service call than other providers would have charged. Overall I would recommend that people avoid this coverage.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Technician that was sent was very helpful and experienced. Fixed the problem in 5 minutes. Great attitude and customer service oriented. He explained the problem and how to prevent it from happening again. I am very satisfied the the technician and the work he preformed for us. Thank you so very much Mr. Repair.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Very knowledgeable and courteous. First Choice has good follow up and easy to be reach by phone. Short wait time. I used other home warranty companies and they were horrible. Little or no effort to get the job done. Highly recommend.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information