Get a Quote

3. Home Warranties

4.0/5 (13172 ratings)
Get a Quote

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the unexpected cost to repair or replace major systems and appliances. The company offers two plans and covers household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service

Cons

• Cancellation fee
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

OSP plumbing was sent to do the work. They were on time and Jeremy the plumber knew what he was doing. Very impressed. We would recommend to others in need. We are first time members of Choice. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Finally something that I have got fixed on my house with Choice Home Warranty. The guys that came here was quick and polite…. Order the parts and told me when it will arrive and when they will replace the parts…. Ty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I was so happy with the prompt service that Choice provided. They responded in less than an hour with the name and phone number of the contractor with 3 days turnaround who was quick, efficient and very knowledgeable. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Techxperts Appliance Repair was the contractor. Their technician was excellent. Clearly knew what he was doing, and helped expedite the part delivery to get the dishwasher running again. We were very happy, although Choice Home Warranty could help a bit more on getting things fixed quickly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Gary was excellent. He explained all of my questions and made me feel at ease with my purchase decision. I look forward to having Choice Home Warranty as my home warranty company. We had a different company that we are not pleased with that company. We look forward to the partnership.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

We had to call you to find out if we were approved for the furnace.. By the way we are both heart patients with pneumonia. This is 11/21 and we still haven't heard when we will get our furnace. Do you have any idea? It is very cold in here at night. I'm about ready to charge you for a space heater or an electric blanket. Can you tell me what is taking so long?

Choice Home Warranty response

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Very easy to sign up. Only recommendation is alert agents what offers have been sent to customers via email ahead of time. My agent honored that with no problem but he should’ve known about offer I received prior to speaking with him.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

My drain leading from my clothes washer is clogged and water is backing up in my bathroom. I submitted the claim and around an hour later I received an email from the tech. Unfortunately the time and date were inconvenient and I had to cancel. However I have always been happy with Choice.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Cory did a fantastic job troubleshooting the problem and determining root cause of the issue. I would highly recommend Cory for any appliance repair needs. Cory was comprehensive in his approach to understanding the issue and resolving it. Cory was especially helpful in helping me understand the issue for future problems of the same nature. Job well done!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Not all your claim specialists are well trained nor do they listen well. Juan...Gei... Katherina...Sracie are among the ones that need remedial training and they need to hone their listening skills ... Need to drop the rhetoric of what they can't do and concentrate on what they can do... Katherina hung up on me. Might want to listen in on their calls or review tapes. However they are were clear and articulate... Only Aneska was well trained and helpful. Still haven't heard an authorization number from 2:30 pm yesterday. It was supposed to be within 3 -4 hrs.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

When I contacted Choice Home Warranty about my dryer problem they set up an appointment for a Sears repairman to come find the problem, the appointment was about 5 days in the future. The man came, he was very nice and professional. He started by looking inside the dryer with a flashlight and found the problem within the first couple of minutes...a piece of cord from inside of a pair of my husbands shorts had broken off and wedged itself between the dryer drum and frame of the dryer thus after time causing the loud noise. He removed it and checked to see if the noise was gone and of course it was. So it was a very simple fix. I just paid the service charge and off he went. The dryer is working fine.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

The technician was very thorough and polite. He did a very good job installing the garbage disposal. I would highly recommend him in the future. He was prompt and showed up on time. It was a very good experience. I will always request him for any future needs that I have.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

This is the first time I used The service. I was given an appointment immediately. The repair man was extremely knowledgeable. Identified the problem immediately and repaired the stove. Extremely happy with Choice Warranty and their Choice of repair service.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

There was delay in coming to come and see the problem we have. After email exchange someone came to look at. Now we are told part should be ordered, we are still without our functioning dryer. We have to go to local laundromat to wash and dry our clothes.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Response was rated excellent.. Repair tech made an appointment for the following day and was here within his time frame. Inspected microwave and could not repair it without ordering parts. Said he would notify and if repairable would let me know when parts were available. If not I would hear from the warranty company. Next day received e-mail from company saying they would pay to replace at LOWE'S. Went to LOWES. Wife upgraded microwave, just waiting for gift card for LOWES from company now.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

My dishwasher needed to be replaced and I was offered only $246.00!!!! You cannot find a dishwasher in the 21st Century for $246.00, this is cheapest home warranty company that I have EVER worked and I will not be renewing my contract for next year! It is so true that you get what you buy for. You buy cheap you get cheap.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Donnie from no leaks was the best I've had since joining this warranty! He was thorough, professional, timely. He explained all that was needed as well as gave options for future needs without pressure to purchase anything. Though I was extremely disappointed in the response from Choice for him completing the job with further rodding in the sewer line.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Dorna from Kings Castle Locks and More did a great job! In addition to the re-key service, we requested She install additional bolts, locks, and knobs. She gave us a fair price and it was well worth it! She is knowledgeable about her products and provides quality craftsmanship. The locks, bolts, and knobs, work better than when we purchased the home. We are happy customers of Choice Warranty and Kings Castle Locks and More!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I filed online which was nice and the website was easy understand. My exception is that 4 days for them to get a contractor to look at it AND I just notice your deductible went to $85.00! It is Dec and it is my furnace. Why would have have to wait 4 days!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

We had a major problem with garbage disposal, dead as a doornail and the repair guys came in and fixed it. No problem. They Cleaned up the mess, were very polite and helpful! Always competent repair companies with Choice! Would recommend to everyone!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Repairman replaced blower in furnace...Now unit not blowing heat...Repairman came. Worked back out again. House is cold. Had to purchase an electric heater. Holiday coming up. Won't be able to invite family or friends over. With the virus upon us it hard in a cold house.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Came out the same day to evaluate situation. Very professional. Had to order part. Got part back very quickly. Repaired problem and re-checked work to make sure there was no mistakes and that the it was in proper working order. Request Universal Services, Isaiah, to be my #1 appliance services.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I've already given you my assessment, but here goes again. On either 11/15 or 16 I contacted Choice. I wanted a reimbursement okay but the phone number gave me a busy signal over many tries. So went with your repairman. You set up an appointment for 11/25 - yes - Thanksgiving Day and more than a week after my call for help. This is not the kind a service I had come to expect from Choice. I contacted the plumber you selected, (CB Plumbing - which does not even have an address listed in the phone book) and he came out on 11/16. He installed a new disposal but did not leave me the model name or serial number which I need to register the new disposal. I have tried to contact him, but only get an answering service which passes my message along to him. But no response from him. This was certainly an experience NOT up to your usual standards.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Put in work order for my heater on Friday afternoon. Realize it should've been done earlier but was busy blocking off all cold possible. Now work won't be done until Monday. Just wish it was sooner as I have an elderly cat so have to use heating pad under a blanket to keep him warm enough. Especially with night temps freezing and below. Heater has been running since Thursday night, constantly, trying to heat my condo.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

This was second person who said they would come out. They finally did and haven’t heard from them since 2 wks ago when they came to see fridge. Their number goes to a doctor's number also. Very frustrating and not happy. You raised the rates and lowered your standards.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Nick was amazing -- knew exactly what he was doing, explained everything in detail, very helpful for letting us know new parts were available through Kohler's lifetime warranty. Also appreciated that the office called us the day before to confirm. Looking forward to having him return when parts arrive.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Garage Door Opener Battery Replacement: The technician promptly replaced Garage Door Opener Backup Battery. They responded on time and did quick service. Thank you for your service. I definitely recommend door fixers for their prompt service. On time and used their parts and labor.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Keep in touch with customer through the process. We had to call to see why the appointment didn’t follow through. Still haven’t heard anything back after the person on the phone said they would get in touch with technician. I understand the part will take a while to come in.

Choice Home Warranty response

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I found out I had a gas leak on Wednesday and was told some one would be sent out in 24 hours. No one was assigned to my case until Friday and the appointment is Monday!!! I have NO heat in winter!!!

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

My technician from Sears was very nice and knowledgeable. My problem was that I had no choice in the day and time of my appointment. I had to take off of work for it. There was no flexibility. Plus the way they inform you of the appointment left a lot to be desired. This was Choice Home Warranty.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information