Choice Home Warranty

Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: May 13, 2022

Shemar was very helpful and knowledgeable with the services they provide. Bought a house so I need all the help I can get. Just got the warranty so I hope I don’t have to use it but in case I do my home will be covered.

Original review: May 13, 2022

We have had numerous claims with Choice Home Warranty. All our claims were handled in a timely manner by pleasant and competent service personnel. When an appliance exceeded the allowed expenditure, we were offered a fair settlement based on depreciation. We are glad that we have Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Two of the burners on my stove were not functioning properly. They would continue to stay hot after being turned off. I called ACW and a repairman was scheduled. The repairman arrived near the time he was supposed to and checked the stove. It needed parts that he didn't have on his truck and he said that he would order the parts and schedule a day and time to finish the repairs. Four days later the repairman called back to come the next day to finish the job. He arrived on time and in 30 minutes had the stove operating properly. Good job.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Victorious HVAC was very easy to work with. They worked around my schedule. Office staff was very helpful and nice. Tech was very professional and respectful of my property. I would recommend this business to any friends or family and for your AC needs.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Nathan was very helpful in explaining my options for a home warranty. He was able to offer a discounted rate for our home warranty, because my husband is a government employee. It was a quick and painless phone call. Thank you!

Original review: May 13, 2022

You have not approved the repair. We depend on you as seniors. My husband is 86 and unable to do repairs. That’s why we signed up with you but this is the second time you have provided what you said. Very unhappy right now.

Choice Home Warranty response

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I just recently joined Choice Home Warranty. The customer service I received was by far the BEST! The representative was very knowledgeable and explained everything extremely well. After our discussion he assisted me with making the best choice for my home and I am looking forward to a long relationship with Choice!

Original review: May 12, 2022

No one ever calls back and they are not giving you the money to replace appliance. I will strongly recommend never using choice. Big RIP OFF. It took so long that I had to pay another service fee. They don’t even try and understand you or wait for you to talk. Very, very disappointed

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Very Professional, kind and courtesy. Technician was very thorough in explaining what problems he found and that he would process paperwork with my Choice Home Warranty. He understood the process and advised he would be in touch, in case there were any problems that might arise, or anything else that might have to be addressed.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The agent I spoke with was very knowledgeable, thorough and professional! I got a discount and was told about other discount packages as well! I am very satisfied with the experience and the fantastic coverage and peace of mind it offers! Highly recommended!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Waiting for washer to get fixed so I can use. Said it would take about week to get parts. Have not heard from them since they were here. Hopefully will come in by Tuesday. Parts are on order, still waiting for response to tell when they will be back.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Just started with company. But customer service representative was friendly and sign up was easy. Called back for a question and waited on hold a little long but representatives were nice. Would recommend at least calling and seeing of service is what you’re looking for.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Took way too long to repair. From claim (28 Feb) to completion (11 May). The first assigned tech charged way too much, which CHW should have realized quicker. The second one was much better in communication and price. Completed the claim in 4 days. A great contractor for CHW.

Original review: May 12, 2022

When I needed minor repair to my toilet the plumber sent by Choice warranty came 6 days later. I would have like faster service but luckily I have 2 bathrooms. He was very friendly and fixed it, after getting approval from the warranty company.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I tried to file a claim online and it seemed to go well until the end. I showed that I needed to call and give additional information. I called and the program wasn't clear and ended up talking to an agent for new claims. Once I was able to talk to a PERSON everything went well. I received a call back in a reasonable time and confirmed my claim.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Yes I recommend this service for anyone who wants to protect their appliances and other household systems. We have had excellent service over the years we have been members. I have replaced failing appliances with great success, garbage disposal, microwave and dishwasher.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Sales Executive Matthew ** was very helpful. In fact, I immediately referred one of my clients to him. I'm looking forward to working with with Choice Home Warranty, and possibly referring more of my real estate clients to Choice.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The contractor was on time and very efficient. He was very thorough and upfront about warranty coverage and recommended services. For items not covered under warranty his prices were very reasonable and he made great maintenance recommendations. He was willing to provide pricing for parts needed before committing to service.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Choice processed my claim promptly. The a/c technician was very thorough and experienced, as well as a personable individual. He submitted his analysis of the a/c problem. Choice was quick to review and approve the work required to replace the a/c coil. Excellent service, and I am a very satisfied customer!

Original review: May 12, 2022

From OSP Plumbing/Choice Home Warranty is a gentleman, scholar and a huge credit to your company! I am definitely renewing my policy and recommending to others due to my experience with this technician. The best experience I have had with any home warranty company.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Got my answer quick. Was looking for my account number. I’m glad I found it quick. I put in for a AC tech but haven’t heard back yet. I usually hear back pretty quick. Weather isn’t horrible but coming soon. Thanks again to you guys for Getting back with me.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Updated on 05/18/2022: Reported a leak a week ago, they had a plumber come out. He said, "Yep it is leaking." Came the following day. Cut a hole in my wall. Found the leak. CHOICE DENIED the claiming saying the drain line had been snaked and the plug was beyond the foundation. After a week of trying to deal with Choice I fixed the leak myself. There is still a hole in my wall. Bought 3 years in advance. Also out my $65 deductible. Not a good first impression.

Original Review: The plumber has been out here twice so far and now I have a hole in my wall. Still cannot use my upstairs sink. No idea when repairs will be approved or if the hole they created would be repaired. I did pay 3 years in advance for this warranty wondering if I made a big mistake.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The tech that came took care of us right away. But the time between us calling Choice and when the tech came out was a week. I don't know of many systems in a house that someone can go without for a week.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Excellent service provided by technician. He is on time and on scheduled date. He called before he showed up and it is planned. Thanks. I would recommend to my friends in the community and hope you will continue the same service.

Original review: May 12, 2022

So far I’ve had a generally good experience with CHOICE HOME WARRANTY and your contractors. There was only one exception with a contractor but that was quickly remediated but your customer service rep and the repair was made efficiently after that.

Original review: May 12, 2022

The electrician was prompt, Choice hired him within 2 days of my request. His work & diagnosis was helpful & assisted in the problem. Plugged In Electric in Tucson was timely, professional & was efficient. Joe ** was with an assistant & both were respectful. I appreciate Choice sending them.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 12, 2022

I purchased a Choice Home Warranty in October, 2021. I filed a claim on May 3, 2022 for my GE over the range microwave oven. I received an email on 5/4 letting me know a service tech would be coming on Friday. The Tech arrived 1 1/2 hrs after expected arrival. He checked out the microwave, it continued to trip the circuit breaker. He determined it needed replacing, and said he would send that information to the warranty company...we paid the required $65 service charge.

Choice Home Warranty emailed me & said "Great news, we are replacing your system". I believed I would be getting another microwave. Instead, they said I would get an e-gift card for $191 to Lowes Home Improvement. This would arrive anywhere between 14 - 30 days. I was livid!

I asked for an appeal to only be told that was all they would allow. I explained that that $191 is lessened because I spent a needless $65 for a service charge...microwave ovens don't get repaired, so it really is $126. I haven't received any compensation as of yet. I explained that that amount does not cover the cost of an equivalent microwave oven, as the same one is $327 at Lowes, plus I have to pay to have it installed, that all fell on deaf ears...they didn't budge on appeal. This company is awful & I wholeheartedly regret spending $1,176.00 for this plan and I would not recommend it to anyone!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Bought a home with a very used stove, the oven didn’t keep the right temp and one burner was destroyed, I was able to get replacement money to go towards new stove. This was good to have as it helped me in the long run.

Original review: May 12, 2022

In Texas faster Air conditioning service would be helpful or at least hotel coverage. The time the tech showed up until service was complete was great. The three day wait without air conditioning was not. Thank you for your time.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Toilet was gurgling not going down, Joey from Un-stoppers Plumbing did a great job. Replaced all parts and checked other bathroom still no drainage. Problem is with my septic tank, it's full of water. I want to thank Choice for having this great plumbing co. in their plan. Shout out to Joey who was very thorough in his job.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information