4.1/5 (10682 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Derrick was great, answered all my questions and made becoming a customer a no brainer. Hopefully I never need this service, but is a great peace of mind especially being in a new to us older to the world house. Thanks! Ty

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I could not be any more disappointed in how this process has been handled, and it isn't even concluded yet. We have had another claim with Choice and it was handled very professionally and in a timely manner. This claim is neither. I talked to five different people from choice yesterday and two today. Each time I was given a different explanation and answer. Twice yesterday I was told the parts needed for replacement were in but the technician just hadn't picked them up. The other three times I was told they weren't in and it would be 3 to 5 business days before they arrived for the technician to get them. In these calls I was interrupted, I was hung up on, I was placed on hold mid-sentence, and overall spoke to incredibly rude. If some of the people I spoke to were my employees I would not want them representing my brand.

I approved the claim on Tuesday September 20th and 4 days later the parts have finally been ordered. I was told they were arriving the 21st, I was a told they had arrived the 21st, I had been told they were ordered on the 21st, and now I am told that they are ordered today on the 23rd. Any reasonable person should be able to see that there is apparently a disconnect on the part of choice when I cannot get a straight answer and that answer is constantly changing. I get that a claim changes as time goes on but not in the order that I was told. It seemed as every representative I talk to contradicted the one before.

Recently I spoke to a case manager yesterday, Brittany, and she told me the parts were available and the technician probably doesn't want to pick them up because he is trying to get the business directly for himself. She was very blunt about that. I let the technician know that the parts were available for pickup, and she informed me she would re-email the notification that they were ready to him. Today, the 23rd, the technician went to the location where the parts were supposed to be and called me from there because they did not have the parts nor had any record of the purchase order that choice had given them.

I am simply at a loss. A loss for words on how unprofessional every phone call was and how the so-called managers handled this. I am at a loss how a claim can be put in a week ago and just today the parts are finally ordered which I am told will take 3 to 5 business days. I understand that choice home warranty is not an emergency service, however, this is entirely unacceptable when I put a claim in the morning of the 17th, I did not have anyone take my claim until the morning of the 19th. The technician came out on the 20th. And all of that time frame I understood and could accept. It's what has happened since that I find unacceptable.

The technician has told myself and choice time and time again that he has the parts available and could get them and repair my unit on the 23rd or 24th. Choice rather have an upset customer When by the time this is repaired it will be at least 2 weeks from when I first put the claim in. Please tell me how that is acceptable for an air conditioning unit for a home with two children, two dogs, and two adults when the temperatures have been over 90 for 4 days straight. I understand that some things are out of one's control, But when the technician can get the parts and have the unit repaired within a couple days why wouldn't choice home warranty want to satisfy their customers? But the biggest downfall in this whole thing is the way that each and every person I spoke with talked to me and handled the situation. I am just simply appalled at how any can still have a job.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Repairman did a good job and was polite. There was a bit of a language barrier. Didn't understand what was paid and what was not paid. The email from Choice wasn't received until after the technician left. Talking to a representative from the company was confusing also. He talked fast and with broken English.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

A/C had quit working. Called to request service. This was at noon on 9/21/22. At 10 AM on 9/22/22, tried restarting A/C. It came on. Still no call from you. I live in Arizona where the temperature still in triple digit. Very rough day. Called and requested service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Overall, we are happy with Choice Warranty service - but we had to wait 9 days with a refrigerator and freezer that were not operating very well. We do not have a second refrigerator, so the long wait was extremely inconvenient.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Very efficient, clean on presentation & while working, on time for appointment. Hard-working. Informative. Explains what he's doing before & along the way. Installed a new thermostat that we can readily read. Would recommend to anyone I knew in town. Has much experience & knowledge to offer to anyone wanting to learn. Am hoping to continue to have this gentleman, Joe back whenever he is the person to call. Thank you very much Choice Warranty for sending Joe out to fix our air.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Choice Home Warranty was speedy and efficient about taking my claim and lining up a repair man. The plumber did not come the next day, as scheduled, but called and rescheduled for two days out. The only delay when he was here was getting the approval from Choice Home Warranty. But both my toilets work well again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Been a Choice Home Warranty customer since 2006. They have made it better throughout the years. Living in my area was hard to find a good technician so it took a while. Now it's a matter of a day or two so a positive improvement. And their approval process a lot faster also. Very satisfied with the entire process and the quality of technicians they send out also very professional and knowledgeable. "EXCELLENT SERVICE." Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

They had originally scheduled the repair almost a week out but when I called the office they were extremely understanding and helped arrange to get him out same day. Plus technician was very helpful and explained why the AC stopped working and how we could avoid the problem in the future.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Nice and professional. Arrived on time and informed me of the entire process. Didn't make a mess and I would refer him again to anyone that needs work done. He was great. Thank you for the support and timely replies.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

You guys are horrible. Only once did you guys cover something. Every other time has always been denied. I would not refer your company to anyone, very disappointed in the way it's handled and can barely understand your people from another country.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I have had only one issue but now have had to open 3 separate claims. The issue was not resolved after first claim I put in. I should not have to pay the same fee 3 times for only one issue that has not been resolved.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I was satisfied with the plumbing contractor. They figured out the problem I was having with a leak in my basement which I thought was coming from my waste water stack but was actually coming from the shop sink. They were professional and did a good job.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Prompt and professional, replaced my washing machine no questions asked. Repair man was able to evaluate the problem with the machine. I would definitely refer my friends and family to use Choice Home Warranty with no hesitation. Thank you for the great service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Pool motor went out. Choice Home Warranty as usual only covered a small portion of my full motor. Just like when my refrigerator went out they covered a portion only. I have been with choice home warranty for over 15 years and they are definitely getting tighter with paying out for claims. Each time there seems to be a new rule on how they cover or pay out.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I was ready to cancel but I tried once more and this experience was easy. The tech came and on time, saw the issue and fixed it all in the same day. He made sure everything was working properly before he left. This has changed my thoughts of CHW. Will continue my contract.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The company that did the work was GREAT!!! CHW cancelled on me 4 time. I missed two important appointments. My home was unsecured so I had to take the time slots that was given. I wasn't given any head ups on the cancellations, until the time slot had passed. This is my first time experiencing this kind of service with CHW. In the past I never had a problem, but I don't know what happen this time?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Excellent work, fast and friendly repair people and showed up on time. I would recommend using the company Choice Home Warranty because the cost of plumbing would have cost me more than the cost of my warranty and the service fee for a company to come out and give me an estimate and to do the actual repair work.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Service by assigned technician was timely and efficient. Refrigerator issues were corrected right away. The washing machine was diagnosed in minutes and I received a return phone call from the technician same day regarding results. The issue I have is not with the technician (he was excellent). The warranty company Choice has not contacted me concerning the repair/replacement of the washer and it's been 2 days....

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Don took care of the problem efficiently. It is working fine now and contact with CHW was very quick turnaround. I did have to call the office personally to find out of the approval. They need better communication with the technician. Ultimately I am happy with the service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Very easy to make a claim through an automated service. If the service provider set up an appointment in a timely manner, I could give a more accurate answer. I hope to have a great experience with customer service and technician. Company has been good so far and I hope it can continue.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

My water heater started leaking! I submitted my claim late at night. Within hours I got response to my claim! The next morning the technician contacted me. He came over that day and assessed the problem. He sent claim to Choice Home Warranty! Within hours CHW contacted me to say they approved a new water heater and that it would be addressed the following day! The technician they sent was really professional and cool! He showed up and replaced water heater in under an hour! I was very pleased with CHW service and prompt service!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I was very pleased with Choice Home Warranty for offering me a reimbursement option. This was the fastest way that this problem could be taken of. Needless to say I went with this option rather than wait for CHW to find a plumber that would accept this job. It took 2 1/2 weeks to get my dryer fixed waiting for an appliance repair person of CHW's choosing. Thank you CHW for giving me your reimbursement option.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The plumbing company was very good with replacing my toilet but I did not like not being told that I needed to let them the plumbers purchase the toilet, all the money is given to the repairmen shop then it's up to them to give me whatever which I still have not received but I must admit Ollendick Construction, the plumbers, were very good.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

During several request for service calls there has been a delay in getting parts, getting a technician to come out, or a reassignment, a breakdown within a 30

period, a reoccurrence of the same issue, rebuilds, refurbish parts, occasionally a rude technician, no shows after waiting all day and taking off work, these

are only a few of the issues we have encountered over the 2 year span of our contract. Customer Service however has always been professional and apologetic.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Was calling several companies to make a purchase on a home warranty product, new home warranty was scheduled to end. Spoke with Shemar ** about your plan, Shemar was knowledgeable, and effectively answered my questions and concerns. Purchased the Total Plan on a three year program that was both cost effective and comprehensive.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Shemar was helpful and was able to answer our questions we had for the 3 properties we insured. Hope I do not have to use the services that you offer but glad we have the coverage if needed. We have 3 different properties with 3 unique needs.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The technician showed up on time and was very professional and fixed the garbage disposal. I was very happy with his service and hiS ability to fix the problem. I would use them again if I had a plumbing problem. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I like the company, I have been active members since 2013. We have decided to continue our membership when it expires thanks. We have been having good experience with Home Choice warranty. Khaja, that all I can write, please accept. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Washer was having difficulties with water leveling and one cycle was not working. A timer was ordered and have received notification that it is on its way. Able to fix washing machine's top which was causing the water leveling. Also, discussed another appliance that had given me concerns and suggestions were stated, as to how to correct them. Dan was efficient and professional in his approach, and provided me with guidance. Thank you. Looking forward to the completed repairs.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information