Choice Home Warranty

Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: May 8, 2022

I give this rating to the people who responded not to Choice Home Warranty. I just wish someone could speak fluent English when we call the ticket center. The couple that came out were amazing! They were fast and very responsive.

Original review: May 8, 2022

There's no reason to use this home warranty company when there so many other companies available. Save yourself some money and frustration. Go somewhere else. This is one contract you want to makes sure you read all the fine print.

Choice Home Warranty response
    We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home.

Choice Home Warranty encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Didn't take the man long at all to verify what I found and find a second part that also failed. Very friendly guy. Apologized for not having the parts, but I told him given the age, I'd have been surprised if he'd the parts. We'll see how fast the parts come in and that's completely out of the repair guy's hands regrettably.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Very happy with the quick service and getting the appropriate part to accommodate and fix the problem. Very courtesy and efficient in completing the issue in a timely manner. Service was knowledge and explained everything thoroughly. Appreciated the phone calls to keep updated on when technician would be arriving and again thorough in the explanation of the issue.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Plumber was great, but it took 48 hours between when Choice Warranty was called and plumber could make it to our house. Water was coming into house, with a leak in a pipe in the wall, so having to continuously for 48 hours soak up water was unacceptable in my mind. Carpet is now ruined and walls need repaired due to delay.

Choice Home Warranty response

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I received acknowledgement of my A.C. Claim within moments…now let’s see how soon a tech can deal with our problem. Next week will be a hot one! We live in a relatively small town. At times service has been difficult to obtain.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Swift Plumbing (Mr. **) was on time and worked diligently to diagnose the problem. The garbage disposal needed to be replaced. He did an excellent job in replacing it and ensuring that he cleaned up behind himself. We were very pleased with his communication and bedside manners.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Work on septic system was done quickly and correctly. The tech. was intelligent and professional. Choice Home Warranty has employed a quality tech. for plumbing repair work. I actually enjoyed meeting someone who knew exactly what they were doing. Our last home warranty company left us holding the bag with our heat pump issues.

Original review: May 7, 2022

The technician called and let me know when he would be here. Promptly went to work and took care of my problem. I felt that he knew what he was doing. I would feel relieved to know that he would be able to take care of future issues.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Unexpected call as I had just reviewed info on a Facebook ad…Jerry ** did a very good job selling me on the policy. Now I am reviewing everything compared to my current policy. Hoping all lives up to the hype…

Original review: May 7, 2022

I just purchased my policy and had a great experience with individual who helped me purchase my policy. If everything is as good as this experience I am looking forward to a long relationship with this company. It was fast, easy, and the customer service agent was friendly and knowledgeable.

Original review: May 7, 2022

This is an excellent company to buy your home warranty from. They are very prompt with scheduling appointments for repairs. The repairs are done very professionally. You won’t go wrong if you choose Choice Home Warranty! They have proven to the the very BEST!!

Original review: May 7, 2022

I did not receive an adequate amount of money to replace the broken refrigerator. The amount provided by CHW was about one-third of the cost of replacing it with a similar-sized refrigerator with the same options. CHW provided no access to where they get their replacement pricing, which Stanley said was a wholesale price. If CHW is using wholesale pricing for replacement costs, then the client (me) needs to have the same access for the replacement to be an even and fair transaction.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Choice Home Warranty is the best to work with in finding technicians to come into your home to work on your broken appliance and or operating system/s throughout your home for a one time service call fee and if they can’t find anyone to come out there’s the option to get reimbursed and find someone yourself. Thanks Choice Home Warranty, you’ve been a lifesaver!!

Original review: May 7, 2022

Appointment was made to look at microwave within a couple of days and part was ordered for installation the next week. Unit is working on most cycles so the wait is not a problem. Choice has always been responsive to me.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Any time we have had to file a claim, it has been with the most unreliable of services. I had to be on the phone every day for a month to get an appeal through, and a new service technician, for an AC claim. Customer service is horrible. Not only do they not understand or empathize with the issues, they make no effort to improve the situations. Only by consistently complaining and making aware of issues was I able to get anything close to a resolution. Why do we pay $80/month for a warranty service, to wait a month to get a major issue resolved?

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Enrolled for the first time. The sales person on the phone (Adam **) was very courteous and patient to answer all our questions. He provided us additional discounts for senior citizens. Glad to have a personal contact available for any issues.

Original review: May 7, 2022

You first assigned my job to Daugherty Plumbing and set up the date and time frame. They never showed up and never called. You were trying to get them to come out again and I asked for a different company. You then assigned to Plumbtegrity, they were great! Called and advised of the day and time, showed up and fixed the problem. I would suggest you remove Daugherty Plumbing from your list of providers.

Original review: May 7, 2022

The technician, Charles Fiore of Fiore Sewer, did an excellent job fixing my toilet. He replaced the insides of the toilet tank. It is now working perfectly. He immediately knew what was wrong and how to fix the problem. He cared, was very helpful and considerate and quite a gentleman.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Bennett & Sons A/C LLC scheduled the appointment in one day and came to assess and fix the problem even before got the insurance's approval. They worked with my property manager and collect the service after the repair is done remotely. It was a very smooth experience!

Original review: May 7, 2022

I'm so grateful that we chose Choice Warranty to provide and keep our home in tip top condition. Have this warranty allow us to breathe easily! This is our first home. Unlike apartments, we depended on maintenance to service our unit. This is like have onsite Maintenance.

Original review: May 7, 2022

CHW is responsive to my online claim requests. In general a technician is assigned to my claim within a few hours. I have yet to be assigned to a “big name” company but the technicians sent have taken care of the problem. On occasion a technician cannot be located. I find the reimbursement process arduous. Read the contract thoroughly, get familiar with what is NOT covered and contact them when you have an issue that is covered. I found CHW to be a good investment.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Everything went very smooth and professional. They even worked with my schedule so I didn’t have to take off work! It was a seamless procedure and timely. I sent in my claim and had a company out the very next day to diagnose the problem!

Original review: May 7, 2022

1st technician had issues with CHW policies and procedure, deductible and payment policy. Claims he could not get a response to his concerns from CHW. I basically had to threaten legal action to get CHW to get a technician that would work with you. 2nd tech was fine, found problem and got quick response with authorization to order parts. This change however added a week to getting to this stage. We have been with ability to wash clothes for about 3 weeks. This is very inconvenient. You need to prescreen technicians to avoid unnecessary delays.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I should have been told when I inquired about the repair that it was not covered. I spent $65.00 service fee then I’m told outdoor fixtures are not covered. Then I am asked to sign on for another year. Thanks

Choice Home Warranty response
    We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the determination of your claim. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously.

Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement. We encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Original review: May 7, 2022

The technician knew about my refrigerator we talked and he agreed that what I thought was going wrong with the refrigerator was exactly what it was. He called to get approval for repairs and will return back to my house on the 23rd

Original review: May 7, 2022

I believe I was deceived by CHW's sales pitch. I find that almost every time I put in a claim, it is denied for "No Coverage". They say they cover items but in their policy (which you receive a full coverage disclosure document after your purchase) they list more parts of the appliance that is not covered than is. So, chances are you pay your diagnosis / trip fee and for the majority, if not all, of the repairs, because they will find a clause that says "not covered." Repair techs have expressed difficulty communicating with CHW and getting authorization for repairs. I say, save your money and choose your own repairman, as you are going to pay for the repairs anyway.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Very satisfied on the work done by the Technician Ronaldo. He fix the problem on the faucet. Check everything if there was hot water which was the prob. He check the other tub that was leaking and called the office if they will approved the prob. And it was approved. I will definitely recommend Choice Home Warranty to my friends.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I have had them for a few years and so far have had zero problems. Had a problem with my air conditioner and they sent out a person to check it out. Was fixed in a few days. Never have had a bad experience and to be honest was super skeptical when I first got them but they are a pretty good service.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I called the service number early in the morning and that afternoon I had a gentleman call for service. the service tech that came out was very courteous did his job and in no time my washing machine was fixed. I would recommend Choice warranty to anybody that would be interested in having their home covered.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information