Get a Quote

3. Home Warranties

4.0/5 (13183 ratings)
Get a Quote

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the unexpected cost to repair or replace major systems and appliances. The company offers two plans and covers household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service

Cons

• Cancellation fee
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I can't boast about Choice Home War. more. They have been GREAT! And the company they sent over for my repair are above and beyond. Keep telling my friends they HAVE to get it. Jim at Rooter King was down to earth but professional.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Plumber had to break through wall (drywall) to find and repair leak in pipe. Stated he does not repair wall as part of this repair but we had to call CHOICE and submit a separate claim for someone to come out and patch wall under kitchen sink where leak was repaired.

Choice Home Warranty response

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. In efforts to proceed with the enhancement of our quality service, your feedback has been submitted to our Quality Assurance Team for review.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The tech, once assigned, was great. However, prior to that Sears A&E was assigned. It took over 2 weeks for the apt. Then 15 minutes before a 4 hour window ended they cancelled. They were not able to reschedule for another 10 days and that was not acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I had a light in the hall that didn't work. Choice sent Mr. ** to fix the problem. He could not fix it but had to replace the fixture. All happened within five working days. Before Choice Home Warranty I had Select Home Warranty. I cancelled them because I couldn't get them to fix anything.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I called as our my garbage disposal making loud noises and the next day Amazing Grace plumbing Oliver and Luke were here to fix the problem. They were prompt, courteous and professional. And took care of the problem with my garbage disposal. Great company!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The tech was there between the time frame, and did a good job, but if this review was about Choice home warranty don't use this company. Tech made sure there was no mess when he was done and explained everything to me.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Very poor company. I’ve had an outstanding claim for six months. My stovetop burner didn’t work. They came in April and approved for it to get fixed. He didn’t have the part on his truck so drove to get it from the store. They didn’t have it so he ordered it for six months. They have been going back-and-forth with me telling me it’s already been installed and then, "Oh I’m sorry it’s sitting in our office, we didn’t know who it belong to." And now they refused to put it in saying it’s been over 30 days.

I have called and messaged at least 15 times over the six months, they are totally refusing to do anything and now the end of my term is up, they are telling me I have to re-pay and submit a new claim. For two years they also talked me into taking out pool insurance and when my pool pulled apart from the edge 4 feet the whole liner they said, "Oh that’s just natural causes, we are not paying for it." When I had to have the plumbing replaced they didn’t pay for that either. I will never use this company again!

Choice Home Warranty response

We regret to hear your frustration. We would like the opportunity to provide you with a satisfactory resolution for you. In efforts to assist, our Consumer Advocate will message you directly to further address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

It took three days to find a service agent, but when found and responded he did a good job. Replace the entire faucet and valve though it did take two visits. He scheduled the second visit. I did not have to call back.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Call John November 16th to file a claim. They tell me that the person can't get out until the 4 days later. I call the company. Ask them to schedule if they could do it. Earlier they agreed to. They come out. Take all kinds of pictures. Take the day off so I could be here for that. And you guys don't tell me that you will not accept her pictures. But you need to have another company come out but never tell me that company. I see the email. I call them about it. They say that it is a error on your company's part and so then we canceled that appointment. Now I find out that you guys do need them to come out which now they can't get out until the 24th. So now I'm waiting to be waiting close to a month. They say before I can get a hot water heater. This is unacceptable. I will be giving you bad reviews on everything I possibly can.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I liked the prompt attention given by the salesman and was in agreement with the price, because my husband and I are retirees on fixed incomes. I was only disappointed in not given the plan I was set up with and had to call back to the company to make sure that I was paying for the best plan for the services we need, and truly hope that it’s truthful on what they will service for us when we call a claim in and not be told it’s not covered when the technician arrives. Honesty is a very key factor to us.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We recently had a claim for our furnace. CHOICE connected us with a qualified heating and cooling company, Magic Mike's Heating and Cooling. The technicians were very qualified, professional, efficient and friendly. I highly recommend them and plan to use their company in the future for routine maintenance.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Your sales representative was phenomenal. Made sure I understood what I was getting and adamant so I could get the best deal. While I didn't take the additional offers, I think he should be commended for making the effort and remaining professional during the entire call. Give him a raise...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Service technician came and fixed my refrigerator within 20 hours of notifying Choice Home Warranty and he was knowledgeable and friendly and highly skilled! I would recommend Choice Home Warranty for each household! The copay is reasonable and my wife and I have peace of mind going forward with a service such as Choice Home Warranty provides! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have been working to try and unplug a clog system with the help of neighbors and Friends... We had not been totally successful. I called to his home warranty as I should have read out the gate. Spoke to a gentleman named Gio.. Forgive me if that's not the proper spelling. This gentleman read my contract reassuring me that they could get me a certified plumber that could help unplug my problem...THANK YOU!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I was very upset that my heater was not fixed due to the warranty not covering the problem. I'm going through a difficult time with myself having the only income as my husband is out of work due to colon cancer. I feel like since I've been with your company for several years and make monthly payments but very seldom make a work claim that my heater should of been fixed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We have a major leak here. It's like a full open faucet. 2 hours and no one has called about coming and status is “we are working on it”. Other times we made a claim, it took 15 minutes for a call back. Generally I'm happy with them, but today is different!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The person did a wonderful job, had good communication and was timely. He was knowledgeable and aware of concerns I would have about destroying tile to access the repair--he provided and showed a good variety of solutions. He was able to respond to each question I raised. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Choice helped with my home problem, made the process easy. The reporting system is real easy and the customer service is Top Notch. Case Manager Shauntal was very helpful and professional with my home issue, that got corrected in a very timely manner.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I put in a claim because my washing machine was leaking. Technician Antonio was very professional and was able to diagnose the problem fairly quickly. He was able to answer all of our questions and assist us in the next phase of the process.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I called several heating places & finally found one in my area that accepted Choice. Nobel Men Heating repair was fast! Very professional, was happy to answer all our questions, and showed us what had happened. & to save time in the future if the part in question failed again he took a photo of part & number so he could order it instead of making a second trip out just to do the same. (This is forward thinking), & we as customers greatly appreciate this added step & convenience. I have already recommended Nobel Men to another & will continue to do so in the future.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I made a call to Choice Home Warranty to submit a claim for my stubborn garage door. I received an immediate claims #. The next email I received was about the appointment I had with a garage door tech. The very next day Cardinal Door arrived and fixed my garage door. I am completely satisfied at the work he did and Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Called to ask a question about what was covered on an appliance and was told that appliance is now "not covered" although I was just asking questions about whether specific items would be covered to file a claim.

Choice Home Warranty response

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Always appreciate how quickly my repairs are taken care of quickly. Made easy even when using the automated system to file my claim. Of the issues always start in the evening when everything is closed and first thing in the morning a company has already been dispatched to address the issue including all contact information for me to be able to talk to someone

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I had a good experience with my dryer repair. The company called me within 24 hours. The repairman was very clean, polite and professional. He answered my questions. Had the parts in his truck to repair the dryer and was finished in under 1 hour. I was very pleased. Thank you. Mary Lee **

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Date of original service was over a week, which was not acceptable. After three phone calls was able to get another within 4 days and this was great as I am a senior and could not get my car out of the garage. All in all was satisfied with service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I made monthly payments for a plan that didn't even replace a broken toilet. No reason as to why. I filed an appeal and was told that I would hear back within 24 hours. It's now been over 48 and still no word. I should have listened to the reviews and ran the other direction.

Choice Home Warranty response
    We regret to hear that you did not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you had our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home.

Choice Home Warranty encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The agent I talked with seemed to understand my needs and I felt good about committing to 3 years. Hopefully I won't need the service but if I do I feel like I will get great results. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Sears repaired microwave November 12, 2021. The technician Brian was very pleasant. He explained what was wrong and what was needed to repair. He had part with him and it was fixed same day. First time using our Choice warranty. We were very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The technician was on time, thorough, and explained everything well. He also fixed our dryer quickly and didn’t make a mess in our house! The warranty is worth it; just for the peace of mind. Something breaks, it’s just a click away. It’s stressful enough not having a refrigerator or dryer. They make this process easy.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I was given excellent service. Within 24 hours a technician came out to my home and told me what was the problem. He email his company. Now I’m waiting to be approved for new equipment. I was told I had to wait after my claim was submitted. Edgar the technician was very nice and informative.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information