4.1/5 (10036 ratings)
$46.83 to $54.75
Availability
49 states (not WA)
Labor guarantee
30 days (90 days for parts)
Service fee
$85
View Plan
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except Washington; the company has partnered with Home Service Club of California to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 50k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Technician was courteous, knowledgeable and did a professional job plus shared tips on how to better maintain the unit and improve the thermostat control settings. He called prior to arrival, followed instructions for accessing the gate. Thanks for expediting the service. Good job!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

TJ and Spencer were simply incredible. They brought the right equipment to fix our garbage disposal in record time. They were true professionals!!. All we paid was a small deductible. All the rest was paid by Choice Home Warranty - simply fabulous. We strongly recommend Choice Home Warrant to insure all of your home appliances and HVAC systems, etc.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Too much automation. There should be an option to speak to someone before channeling us to complete a claim. Similarly, when a contractor does a good job, the default is to review Choice Warranty, not the contractor. Therefore, no mechanism to review the contractor. This needs to be separated. Choice should not be blamed or get credit for the contractor.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Quick response to my claim to have repairs to fix microwave. Repairman was very knowledgeable and helpful with explaining how what repairs were taken place and allowed me to watch him do his repairs. I would recommend Andy ** from Bethel Tech Services to any home warranty company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Our washer stopped draining one afternoon so that evening I placed a claim with CHW. They came out the very next day. Part was on the truck so the repair was completed. Happy with the work, time frame & $60 co-pay cost.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I put a claim in on 1-16-2023. My garbage disposal was leaking. A technician from Truflo Plumbing was out on 1-18-2023. He said it could not be fixed and installed a new one. I am happy with the speed of taking care of the claim. I am happy with the quality work done by Truflo Plumbing.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

We love that they communicated to us through the phone and text message about our appointment time. When they gave us our time, they were punctual when arriving. The technician was professional as well as efficient. The job was completed and everything is working great now. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

One star chosen because you won't let me choose zero star rating. First my hvac had issues 4 months after my disabled wife and I bought this house and then your contractor told me the whole system had to be replaced because the problems were more than just one part of the system being ok to fix and your warranty rules dictate complete replacement which seemed good until you told me I couldn't pay extra for a better system than you would provide so now I have a system half a ton smaller capacity than was in the house and it operates worse than what I had, it now being colder when it should be warmer and hotter when it should be colder. When it goes below about 40 degrees the system couldn't get but within 3 degrees of the set temperature.

I thought your contractor would call me to arrange for a pre-winter checkup to make sure everything was working properly but they never called so I went up in the attic to see if there were any obvious problems and there was an oily substance on the copper pipe coming out of the air handler so I initiated a claim and you sent out the contractor who installed the new hvac system who told me there was a leak and I said that must have been going on since the installation 6+ months ago and I shouldn't have to pay for a defective workmanship issue but they said since I had a Choice Home Warranty, they only warranty their workmanship for 90 days. SO because I didn't go looking for defect problems starting on the day the hvac was installed, I had to pay $85 to fix a problem that was caused by a defect and should never have happened!

I can't believe the horrible treatment I have received from every business I have hired since buying this house, especially when my wife is disabled and we pay so much for healthcare that it makes our wages piddly and we live from paycheck-to-paycheck and are always only a week or two from being homeless if there is a large unforeseen unnecessary expense like if this system fails again or a major appliance breaks down even though it is all less than a year old. If our roof gets blown off and the insurance and/or you don't cover it, we will be homeless.

Every time I try to call you and need to speak to a representative, I always get the run-around and almost always can't understand the English of representatives working halfway around the world for whom English is a second language. No offense to my fellow human beings anywhere on the planet, but your company should make sure you have phone personnel who speak the English language clearly or provide digital read-out of printed text translation in real-time while on the phone so that the customer isn't left wondering what was said as I almost always am. Also, I have been hung up on while asking questions and still trying to understand why situations were handled on your end the ways they were. I have given up trying to get information from you anymore unless I absolutely HAVE to call if something breaks down.

As it is, with my hvac system, I will be paying a contractor of my choice to check out my system twice a year because I would rather pay more for someone who will fix their own mistakes in workmanship. I have spent hours of my life trying to communicate with your company and the only seemingly good interaction I ever had was when a representative named Elizabeth sold me the policy. It has been a nightmare ever since.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Mr ** is an excellent Representative. He explained the program in detail. I moved 3 properties to Choice from American Homeshield. AHS is a terrible company, Mr. ** explained how CHOICE is better. He is my Concierge and will answer the phone and effect repairs within 24 hours, AHS representatives are in the Philippines and don't answer and are otherwise clueless. AHS often bungle repairs and denies coverage.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

We were very pleased with the professionalism of the individual we talked to. He was patient, knowledgeable and answered all our questions with an explanation rather than just a yes or no answers. Very encouraging company to do business with.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

The bathtub faucet and drain had very small leaks that together compounded the problem, especially when visitors dramatically increased the use of that tub. The drain pipe was encased in the concrete slab and the slab had to chiseled out to replace the fitting. All of the work was completed over two days and is working leak free.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

The technician knew exactly what was wrong and fixed it. He worked until the problem was solved. I would recommend him to anyone with problems with their appliances. I also was satisfied with the claim process and the service consultant who talked to me.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

My hot water heater burst and flooded my master bedroom closet. I woke up to this on a Saturday (January 7) and called CHW to file a claim. Plumber came Tueaday morning. All communication from CHW is through email which added two days to the process because they went to spam. As you know, the warranty company replaces only the water heater. I was provided an email with the cost of replacement of the hoses, valves, etc., but no explanation or invoice. When I called CHW on Thursday to get more information on the additional costs, I was referred to the vendor. After talking with them and receiving a detailed invoice, I tapped the button in the email accepting the cost. That Friday (end of week 1), I contacted the vendor for a status update and was told they were waiting on CHW to send the water heater. (Say, huh?)

On calling CHW for an update, I was informed that I had refused the replacement; but I could accept it at that moment, and the water heater would be ordered on Monday or Tuesday. If I did nothing, the claim would sit until I accepted the charges. This Tuesday, I received an email from CHW saying my install was scheduled for 10 days later which will place us without hot water for 3 weeks. I called today (Thursday) to get confirmation from the plumber because the email didn't come from them and was informed that they couldn't confirm anything because they were still waiting on the water heater.

As a single mom of two teenage daughters, hot water is a necessity. For the price of hotels, fuel to shower at friends' and families' homes, and the warranty itself, I'm not seeing the benefit of having the warranty. And as the water heater is still leaking stored water, all other repairs are on hold until it is replaced. Hopefully, we'll have hot water before February. I can't see myself renewing the policy.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I do not think it is fair that Choice Warranty gives a gift card for one store which is Lowe's and they are a partner with Choice Warranty so I have to shop at Lowe's to make my replacement of a appliance. They should give me the option where to purchase and locate the best price. The agent stated I could not appeal the decision and because this was the final step. According to their manual there is a mediation process.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Tech came out next day service. Couldn't finish repair without ordering a part. He said I would have to clean the unit myself that was not part of his work. Could be another week before heating coil is installed. Waiting to hear timeline. Tech was very courteous.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

It takes a long time to finally get a technician for a claim. After the technician reports the problem, CHW will not cover it or replace it. This is typical of CHW. My stomach burns every time I need to make a claim with CHW. The most recent technician just showed up at my door without CHW sending me a notice telling me they found someone. I never received a notice telling me of a date and time a technician would show up. However, I was just glad to see someone come to help so I invited him in. He did a good job at finding the problem but as stated before CHW would not cover the problem. But that is what I expected. I have a refrigerator leaking water all over the floor but I don't put a claim in because I don't expect CHW to cover it and we can't afford to fix it. This is just typical of claims with CHW.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

On a Friday morning we woke up to a lot of water in out garage. Turn out to be our water heater. I placed a claim with CHW. A tech showed up at our house at 7pm to access the issue. He shutdown the power to the heater to stop the leak. The tech decided not to complete the work, buy CHW assigned another tech and we got a new water heater install within the week. New tech was very knowledgeable and kept the area clean. First time I had to use a claim and it went very smooth. I will recommend them to my family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Response to inquiries about home warranty was prompt. Previous Co. had increased premiums by 9% which drove me to your company. The 6 year pre-paid plan locking in the annual cost was a perfect solution for me. This will insure no unreasonable price increases in the years ahead. This was important as I am on a fixed budget.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

If your covered item has to be replaced then it's pro-rated. Unlike other coverages that offer the amount paid. Choice offers a third of the cost of a new one. Subtract the $75 deductible and it's even less. I've filed 3 claims on the same appliance within 6 months. Paid deductibles twice and finally it was determined that it's a lemon and had to be replaced. Was offered a $343 Lowe's gift card. Subtract the $150 in deductibles that equates to $193 toward a replacement. Just not a good value to me.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

My tech was named Evan, very punctual, polite, friendly, knowledgeable and kind. Loved the service and results. Very glad I was referred to your company by a existing customer. Will gladly send new customer's information about my experience. As well as my family members. Thanks for prompt response and excellent service.

With Warmest Regards,

Mrs. **

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

The service I received from the company was ridiculous. It took close to a month to get my problem fixed. The first tech did not have correct equipment to do the job but of course I still had to pay. I received no record or receipt from them. Then Choice chose to assign this same company 2 more times delaying my repairs. I finally received notice that another company had been chosen and that experience was a good one but I'm very disappointed in Choice.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

This experience has has time consuming I have had to advocate for myself with no outcome yet. You have called to obtain the status and been told call back. I have explained my recent health of of have a heart two weeks ago and this process is overwhelming.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

So far great service. HVAC yesterday. Today Plumbing Quick Fix due at 3-8pm. Might call to cancel 'til later date cause I will need a kitchen faucet and the $85 service fee may not cover it. I'm a disabled veteran.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I am very satisfied with my first experience and the speed my problem was taken care of. The associate was cordial and clearly explained what the procedure is and when I would hear from a technician. I received a confirmation email right away.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

So far this claim has been handled very efficiently. Sears was prompt in getting me info as to when to expect the Tech. and posted me updates on the entire process, so far. The Tech was efficient and seemed very knowledgeable. I have been informed of the shipping of the part needed and when to expect the tech to return to install it. I would highly recommend Sears for appliance repairs.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Ana ** was prompt and professionalism. She delivered what she promised. Subscribed to your service on a one year contract. Hope we never have to use your service but if we do, I will rate your service, response and professionalism at a later date.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The technician was thorough with work and explained details of what needed to be done. He made sure the bathroom was clean of all debris and that I was happy with what he had done. He called to set up appointment and was on time.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Great service and product. I’ve utilized this product 3 times and all 3 had great service. One service they had to order some parts, items came to my house and two days later they completed my repairs. Friendly and knowledgeable representatives.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Everything went great. Explained everything. He was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend this company to everyone I know. I didn’t think it would be this easy to get all these appliances covered. Like I said before everything went great. No complaints.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Keisha was friendly, very informative, patient and knowledgeable when it comes to questions in regards insurances and service process. I appreciated her dedication and time. When it comes to customer service, Keisha is a 5 star people skills person. Thank you so very much for helping me with my claim process.

Maria R.