4.1/5 (10720 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The technician tested our microwave which we suspected had been hit by a lightning strike. He said that it did not qualify as a built-in though it is mounted in a cabinet above our oven. It is GE model PEB7226SF1SS. Our technician was very professional but we are clearly extremely disappointed with the outcome.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Got an appointment set up within a few hours. They were able to fix A/C right away. I would use and recommend them again. Answered all our questions and told us we have 60 days to call them back if we have any more problems.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I am very satisfied with the work the technician did and I would recommend Choice Warranty. He was on time and courteous, the tech was on time and courteous and I was satisfied with his repairs and would recommend Choice Warranty. Choice

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The good news: You paid for part of the repair. The bad news: you paid for PART of the repair. You took your sweet time to decide and after you decided I did not know until I called you. I'm suffering through the heat and you made no effort to help; far from expeditious. Plus the limit on coverage was a surprise. Why did you wait until your service is needed to tell me? Customers don't like surprises.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I love the way the Tech call me and let me know what time he would arrived at my home. The Tech greet me with a Smile and told me what the problem was and he Fix the problem and express any problems with his work to call. That's Professional.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The service tech very qualified, knowledgeable, courteous & professional. Prompt on schedule., Took very good care of us. I wish they had a way to contact them before they arrive. CHW gave me a phone number but it didn't get me to the correct department for service contract personnel. The text we get from them concerning appointments doesn't give you any info but confirm or cancel. It would have been nice to give them my model number & talk before they came out. Maybe saved a second trip. They are left in the dark until they arrive. Not very efficient way to do business.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Poor communication from original technician. Agents/ case mgrs. seem to be using a “script” in response to questions instead of answering questions directly. One agent stated my questions were irrelevant. She said I kept asking same question. I was offended by this and from a customer service stand point not the best response from CHW. I plan on staying with CHW for now. Hopefully, there won’t be any problems with future claims.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

8/4/2022 claim filed with my home warranty company “Choice Home Warranty”. 9/21/2022 still waiting for assigned technician “IFix” to show up to make repairs to my refrigerator and stove. After numerous emails, messages, calls, appointments, cancellations, and delays, I am still waiting. On one occasion I found a technician on Angi who was willing to do the work but “CHW” reassigned me to “Ifix” who cancelled again (on 9/21/2022). After a review of my chronological record of contacts with CHW, I believe that they are in violation of our contract? I even had to buy a backup freezer. Is this home warranty business becoming a scam?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Technician came very next day. AC motor fan was out. Ordered new parts. Service is very good. Choice warranty took care of my AC problem right away. I definitely recommend this warranty. So far I am satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I get you all want business but it’s a turn off when you are constantly getting the same calls over and over every few minutes from different agents after you have gotten a policy. It seems as if they are not trained to look in the system. It’s too much. It makes me want to cancel both of my plans and block you completely.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Mr. ** was very efficient and knowledgeable in repairing my broken water pipe. I was pleased that CHW sent plumber the next morning after my incident, as I have had to wait days with other claims. Thank you CHW for taking care of my plumbing claim in a very timely manner.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Good provider. Will request him in future. Good replacement but louder. Poor communication with Choice about appointment time and initial provider. Past communications have been very poor. You allow vendors to cancel without notice. Past service requests have been handled poorly. Still waiting for reimbursement check. Can't a manager call to resolve previous complaint.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Technician Alex, from Prompt, was in fact prompt and very efficient, work was done in no time. Alex knew exactly what the issue was and even had the appropriate part with him. He cleaned up the space and left it as neat as it was.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The technician Dominic came in I showed him where the problem was and within 5min he was done. He gave me a call the day before to advise that he will call before he was on his way. He called like he said he would and was there within 20 min as he stated. I also appreciated the fact that he put shoe coverings on to not track any dirt in.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

They were fast and if they can’t fix they will replace. I’ve been with Choice Home Warranty since 2008 and I’ve been most pleased with them. Sometimes they may choose a repair company that doesn’t do their job and you have disagreements but that’s okay. The good outweigh the bad. I would recommend Choice Home Warranty because they do try and stand by their words.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The phone person was very helpful cuz I don't know how this process works. She helped me greatly. She explained the process and how they would contact me and she was very helpful! I'm hoping the process of the contractor coming out goes just as smoothly!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

James was respectful of my home while he was repairing the ice maker. Everything he did he would explain... and tell me what he was doing. Also explained what I needed to do to install the part when it comes in.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

The times, we have called for assistance, the response have been prompt and efficient. We have had the service for 6 years during this time, we have required plumbing and HVAC service. The only disagreement is with resolution for HVAC compressor that we have to pay extra.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I've checked out your offers on contracts and have found you to have a good reputation and also on top of the list as outstanding home warranties. So, after 9 years of being with another company I've decided to try you. As far as recommending you to someone, I just did. I believe she will be calling upon you soon.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Tomorrow is third day and no one has contacted me with info on who and when problem will be fixed. Especially for a fridge I expected next day or no longer than second day response. If difficulty getting serviced I should be told with estimate of how long it will take. My food spillage had increased.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Buyer beware. You will be paid wholesale replacement $$ and told to go shop retail prices. Terrible claim experiences from start to finish. When signing up the salesperson told me water softeners were covered...come to find out they aren't. Had a second claim on an oven. Was told it needed to be replaced. Lydia (case manager) says all you will pay is $338 for a new oven! You give wholesale claim payments but don't help with finding wholesale prices! You give a claim payment in form of Lowe's card, but Lowe's hasn't had an oven for $338 since the 90's. I'm stuck with a broken and unsafe oven, and the only option is to replace but I have half of what need.

This is not insurance, this is a scam. Not a fair settlement. Not an honest company. This will go unnoticed by anyone who has authority to make changes, but at least this is written. Maybe it will help someone in the future. I will be cancelling my policy and using the returned premium to cover the gap between my claim payment and the actual cost of the cheapest oven available.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Our request was answered promptly, the service man arrived when he said he would and did an excellent job politely and thoroughly. The repair went very well; this section is very "picky"...I was only trying to be thorough in the contact info.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

The service was awesome. The technician was friendly, punctual, efficient, and very responsible. The items were fixed on spot. The Choice Warranty system was able to schedule us with a technician immediately. I will definitely recommend the service and Choice Warranty to another friend.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

We were VERY disappointed that we had to accept a sum of money determined by Choice instead of having our microwave replaced by them. It was very difficult for my husband and I to go out and get a microwave and pick it up and have someone install it instead of what we expected which was Choice to do all of that. We are both somewhat disabled and thought having this service would make replacements like this easier for us.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Our salesman was Jack ** and he represented the company well and we agreed on a plan. We look forward to the peace of mind of having our home covered in case of a breakdown or repairs that may be needed.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They were courteous and well informed with their product. I didn't feel pressure into getting the policy for the warranty for my my home. I I feel very comfortable with the policy that I brought. It will calm me for the year and an extra month.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Easy and quick down to detail experience I had with Franceif. He was knowledgeable and got me a good deal. No pressure at all. I was able to purchase a new warranty for my new home that I am purchasing and remove my old coverage on my old home. He needs a raise.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

It was too hard to contact the service provider. I received confusing information and could not get a response prior to appointment day. The technician came out, and now the garage door works, but I am still experiencing some partial openings and closings at times.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I have purchased a Choice Home Warranty policy for my second home in Illinois. I was very satisfied with the service we received and decided to purchase for my home in Colorado. I love how it covers electrical, plumbing and appliances.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

The company the accepted my work order has been great! Very pleasant to deal with both the owner and the tech have been on time, walked me through the process and have been in contact with me every step of the way. Choice on the other hand does not live up to their reputation. Customer service is nice but no one is willing answer questions or explain things they just pass you off to a "Case Manager" that you can never get a hold of or have to schedule appointments for a week out.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information