2. Homeowners

4.0/5 (13172 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection plans that protect against the unexpected cost to repair or replace major systems and appliances. The company offers two plans and covers household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service

Cons

• Cancellation fee
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Abe was polite and was good about answering my questions. We went over what is covered, how to apply for a claim, the waiting period, and cost. When I went over the contract all he had said was there in writing.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Aaron ** sent me a link to make an appointment, but the link was not working. I emailed him and he never answered. Then I called claims and got an appointment for Thursday, November 18th at 4:30 PM, and nobody called. This is the only way to speak to someone from your company and then nobody calls.

Choice Home Warranty response

Choice Home Warranty makes every effort to enhance the customer experience, therefore, we appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback and concerns to the Customer Relations Director who will review this matter and handle accordingly.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The technician arrived the same day I submitted the claim. He was from a recognized company and very knowledgeable about Bosch products. Very satisfied with the service so far and am anxious to see what CHOICE does with his report.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I recently reached out regarding information and services on their plans. My home is starting to creep in age, and in forth thought to prepare for possible sale though it was a great time to renew a home warranty plan. The representative to assist me, Amy was responsive, efficient, and very thorough in assisting with the best plan for my needs. No services, however so far so good.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I am still waiting for someone to call me back. My dryer has quit drying my clothes and my wife is very unhappy about that. It is a Maytag and we have never had a problem until now. We would really like to get it up and running.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The individual was very helpful and tried to made sure that he gave me several options. He worked with my current financial situation until he gave me a contract that I could financial feel comfortable about. He also told me about program for senior citizen that made it possible to purchase a contract today and pay over four month.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Choice Home Warranty's are not worth the money. My water heater was covered by a manufacturer warranty. Choice refused to cover the warranty cost and they also don't cover the 'Modification' costs. They merely cover the labor. So instead of Choice having to pay $1k (+/-) for a water heater and installation, they are only paying for labor. What should have been an estimated $1,600 bill for Choice is only a $400 bill for them and I'm paying $450.

Let's review... I paid Choice $583 for their best home warranty for 1 year. I paid $65 to be informed the water heater is bad.. I am paying $450 for a manufacturer warrantied water heater replacement ($150 for the warranty swap and $300 for "modifications" supposedly not covered by my Choice warranty). I would have paid $825 to replace this without the Choice Home warranty. I am now out of pocket $583 + $65 + $450 = $1098. IF I had done this all out of pocket, without the frustration from Choice, I would have been out of pocket an estimated $925 ($100 for the service call plus $825 for the replacement). So I ask you, what benefit did my Choice Home Warranty do for me? I'll tell you. NOT A DAMN THING!

P.S. I was still shopping home warranty options when the Choice Home Warranty sales rep charged my card without authorization. Just to add insult to injury here. To say the least I am an unhappy customer that will absolutely not be renewing my warranty.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I had a leaky garbage disposal. Put a claim in and they came out 2 days later on a Sunday of all days and replaced. Couldn’t be any happier with service. I would highly recommend Choice Warranty. Easy claim process. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The technician was on-time, quick, and thorough in his assessment and determining the required next steps. He set my expectations regarding when the actual repairs that are needed could be performed. Tech Blue has exceeded those expectations by a week!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Mr. ** was patient and informative. I had every confidence that he knew everything about the home warranty. The e-mail arrived, so I could review every detail. So far the experience has been wonderful. I give your agent an A. I hope I don't need repairs, but it is good to have the warranty.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Very good informative program. Definitely a good purchase. Will tell all my friends about the program. I feel very satisfied with all the packages that was offered to me to help save me money for the next 3 yrs. I will actively talk to people about Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I think Choice is Awesome!! They're quick on making appointments and quick and courteous in solving the problem. I'm very happy with my choice in choosing CHOICE HOME WARRANTY!!! Thank you to everyone at Choice Home Warranty. They are the best far as I am concerned. Happy Holidays to all of you and thank you again for being so awesome.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I am so happy that I choose Choice Home Warranty service plan for all of my home appliances. When I first looked for a service provider, I was a little afraid because I was unsure if I would be getting the best service for my money. I only had the Warranty for 30 days and my Washer went dead. I called Choice Warranty and they scheduled a service tech to come out the next day. The technician came out and fixed my washer in less than twenty minutes, my wife was so happy. I told her that I would call them back and extend my contract for five years instead of a one year contract. It's worth every dollar.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The representative was knowledgeable about the product, polite and explained well about the home warranty by gave me good deal and did a great job convincing me to buy the warranty. They offered additional offers and bring down the pet. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The tech was very good, but the company they sent out did not show up the first two times. Guess third time was charm, as he fixed the problem. It is amazing how much more effective they are when they show up for the appointments.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Technician arrived on time. Technician was prompt, courteous & explained everything he was going to do. He was thorough in his diagnosis of the problem. Repair was fast & complete. The new claim form is fast & scheduling just as fast.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Choice has saved my wife and I THOUSANDS of dollars in repair costs and service fees just to get someone out to look at a problem in our home. They are fast and flexible any time and day of the week. I would highly recommend this to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The technician from Sears was great. He was very knowledgeable and efficient. I would hire him in a minute. Now as far as Choice Home Warranty goes I am not happy. We had the same service performed back in June. I asked Choice Home warranty to waive the $65 fee for the visit because the repair failed. In fact, asked the sears repairman we used if the prior work had been done properly and he said it was not done properly.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I have come to the realization that there is not a good home warranty company out there, and my experience with CHW confirms this. I was hesitant about purchasing a policy from the beginning but a neighbor recommended it. When filing a claim, CHW makes you select what system is at fault. Seeing that I was having an issue getting hot water, I selected hot water heater. Tech #1 came out and immediately said a cartridge needed to be replaced and it was considered a plumbing problem. He knew how to fix it, what parts were needed, etc. Paid him $85. In order for CHW to approve a claim, I had to submit another one saying it was a plumbing problem. This is what sent out Tech #2.

I have never had someone more unprofessional come to my house for business. He questioned everything I said and acted like he didn't believe me. Even though Tech #1 knew the issue and could have fixed it, I had to also pay Tech #2 the $85 also. CHW denied my claim because of a reason SECONDARY to the issue at hand. There is a screw in the way of getting the shower's handle off, therefore unable to replace the cartridge to fix my hot water problem. The screw is not the problem. The cartridge is. Even the case representative for my appeal was not helpful or understanding in the very least.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Bruno has provided services in the past. I was, therefore, very pleased that he would be working with us. He inspected the refrigerator and solicited my feedback on what we had seen in developing the most likely cause of the problem. He had the part with him and completed the repairs within 1 hour. He asked that I advise him 24-48 hours later if the repair was successful. I did so and he responded .

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Appreciate the way it worked. Just submit the request then everything was very smooth. It was scheduled on same day. They kept me updated about service person. Person reach on time and finished the job timely. Thanks for wonderful service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Prompt Home Services was assigned to my claim to repair our dryer. The company is very responsive and extremely accommodating. Unfortunately, he did not have the part on his truck that was needed to repair the dryer, but I am certain they will follow up promptly. The technician was great, very courteous and efficient. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Our second refrigerator needed ice maker working. Choice response was very quick. The service man who came out was extremely helpful and professional. He ordered a part and had it fixed in a week. I had never heard of Choice and am a Very Happy Customer with Choice.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Only giving me less than half of replacing the dishwasher without installation. Sending me $260 where the least expensive is $360. Sending Lowe's gift card so can't go to discount appliance place. Not sending gift card for 30 days. Have to go 1 month with no dishwasher.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I had my new home rekeyed. The gentleman was prompt, kind and thorough. He changed many locks and explained to me the doors that were too old to rekey. I truly recommend CHW for service for anything because they were here when I needed quick service....

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

When claims have been made by phone we have gotten a very quick response. Communications have been clear and straight-forward, and very competent service technicians arrived as scheduled and on time. We have already experienced the benefits of this warranty service, have been very impressed with the competence of the technicians and their success in fixing our appliances, and we have often recommended Choice Warranty to family and friends.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I submitted a new claim with an issue on a Sunday morning. I received an immediate email confirming my new claim and shortly after that I received confirmation of a technician being assigned to my claim. I didn’t expect to see a plumber until the next day since it was a Sunday. A Plumber came to my house (after calling first to let me know he was on the way) on the same day later that afternoon. He was very pleasant and professional and took care of the problem immediately. I was very impressed with his work and how quickly I got a response to my claim on a Sunday. I would highly recommend the technician and Choice warranty to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I was wary at first of getting a home warranty but now that I have it I won’t ever let it lapse. Less than 2 weeks after my warranty took effect I had to file a claim and another shortly after. Both claims were handled very quickly and efficiently. When one repair didn’t work, another tech was out within 2 days to recheck the system. I just had to file another claim at 10:30 pm and by 11pm I had an appointment for a washing machine tech to come out. Great company and very fast and efficient!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

We have had Choice Home Warranty for the past 12 years. We are very pleased with the services from stoves to air conditioners and heaters. Over the years, my husband and I have had a peace of mind, due to having Choice Home Warranty. Being on a fixed income, we feel blessed for the services.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Tol did an exceptional job walking us through what our policy would cover. He made me feel like he will be there for me personally when something goes wrong. Knowing that I am covered with my Choice Home Warranty policy was a game changer in purchasing my new home.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information