4.1/5 (9957 ratings)
$46.83 to $54.75
Availability
49 states (not WA)
Labor guarantee
30 days (90 days for parts)
Service fee
$85
View Plan
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except Washington; the company has partnered with Home Service Club of California to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 50k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I am very satisfied with my first experience and the speed my problem was taken care of. The associate was cordial and clearly explained what the procedure is and when I would hear from a technician. I received a confirmation email right away.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

So far this claim has been handled very efficiently. Sears was prompt in getting me info as to when to expect the Tech. and posted me updates on the entire process, so far. The Tech was efficient and seemed very knowledgeable. I have been informed of the shipping of the part needed and when to expect the tech to return to install it. I would highly recommend Sears for appliance repairs.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Ana ** was prompt and professionalism. She delivered what she promised. Subscribed to your service on a one year contract. Hope we never have to use your service but if we do, I will rate your service, response and professionalism at a later date.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The technician was thorough with work and explained details of what needed to be done. He made sure the bathroom was clean of all debris and that I was happy with what he had done. He called to set up appointment and was on time.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Great service and product. I’ve utilized this product 3 times and all 3 had great service. One service they had to order some parts, items came to my house and two days later they completed my repairs. Friendly and knowledgeable representatives.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Everything went great. Explained everything. He was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend this company to everyone I know. I didn’t think it would be this easy to get all these appliances covered. Like I said before everything went great. No complaints.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Keisha was friendly, very informative, patient and knowledgeable when it comes to questions in regards insurances and service process. I appreciated her dedication and time. When it comes to customer service, Keisha is a 5 star people skills person. Thank you so very much for helping me with my claim process.

Maria R.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The work is pretty good! The phone system could be better. I was put on hold and cut off multiple times. But when they called back the call was well and the guy was helpful. Overall my experience was pretty good and I would recommend future service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Just signed up to be a Choice Home Warranty member. I think we made a very good choice. I believe our home will stay in a good state of repair, because our plan covers all the systems in our home and Choice come highly recommended.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Alston/Austin was so helpful. He helped me greatly. He gave me a new claim # because my non working fridge began working after a friend checked and reset my plugs. Alston gave me one for my disposal which maybe went out from the power failure. I'm so appreciative. Thanks CHW.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Seem to have gas leak when turning on the oven. Have called gas company. They stated the problem is most likely in the oven trying to lite up. Told to call appliance repair technician to service unit. Contract # **. Term 01/13/2021-07/13/2024.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Ice maker in my refrigerator stopped making ice. Choice sent tech to our house to diagnose it.. He determined ice maker to be defective and ordered a replacement. He told us date replacement would arrive and set appt. to install it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The technician was on time and called ahead of arrival. He was very professional and thorough with what was wrong and what he did. I would highly recommend him to others and would consider him for any and all future repairs.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I had my heater stop working and then my water heater leaking within two days. These two companies were awesome. They called and fixed everything quickly and all in the same day. I would recommend both companies in the future and would request them for any of my services. Thank you Arrowhead Heating and A-1 Rapid Rooter Plumbing Services.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

As soon as I put my information into the system, a representative called me and talked me through the entire process. He answered all of my questions very respectfully and he was easy to talk to. I definitely plan to recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The repair man from NOMAD was here in a timely manner and figured it out in less than one-half hour. He called Choice from our home and they told him he could order the part. He came back a few days later when it arrived and fixed it in one-half hour. He was very tidy and organized, friendly to talk with and I would want him to return if we have another problem with anything else. Our dishwasher works great. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I’m very happy to say that the technician who inspected my washer was on time, polite and professional. The inspection seemed thorough. He made his recommendation and I’m now waiting for the repairs to be made. Everything he said sounded very reasonable and easily repaired. So far, I’m extremely pleased. I anticipate the repair work will be done well.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I had to wait a while to get a company and did get a letter letting me know about the review. San Antonio Plumbing company is one I have worked with before. They agreed to come in the very next day and submitted to take on the claim. They came in and I paid my amount and the job was fixed very quickly and I was 100% satisfied. Since then, I received two emails from CHW saying I had a date after the item has already been repaired and then saying that SA Plumbing had refused the job (which they did not). I called and was told that I refused that company (which is not true). It was finally fixed. I had another claim before that and I did request that that company not return because the tech came in, simply looked at the toilet and said "You need a new toilet" and took our check and left. So, please do not send that company again from the request I made before this one. Please note that SA Plumbing was great!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Jason from Appliance Remedy came to repair our dryer. He was very courteous and efficient. He had it completed in 25 minutes and had the needed part on his truck. We are very happy with the way it was done.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I just want to say that I have had you all for many years and paid upfront. Inclusive I hired Choice for all my rentals and no I am not satisfied with the company. I have not complained because I hate to do so but you all are asking and I am now explaining the last straw of my discontent with the company. I had a good phone conversation with a manager. I heard what she had to say and although I didn’t agree with the payout of “replacing the dishwasher” the manager was pleasant. I’m just going to leave this at this because she was clear what the contract read and I was not going to receive more than that. I gave “her” a 7 and not the company a 7. I will not recommend this company and when my contract is over I will not continue with the company. I have one more year with you all and then we can part our ways. Until then I pray nothing else goes wrong with my appliances.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Happy with the service and response of Choice Warranty. They have been punctual with getting appointments of technician and getting the issue resolved. Have had other warranty services before, but this one came highly recommended and has proved to be valuable and worthy of contract.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The tech who came in to fix our washer was extremely knowledgeable and professional. He diagnosed the problem and fixed it in a timely manner. I would highly recommend his service. I just submitted another service request for my GE dryer and hope to get the same repair tech.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

The tech was polite and worked quickly to fix my issue. He does have to come back when a part comes in but he gave me his phone number just in case I need it. Made me feel valued. I look forward to being able to use my garage door.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Came out the same day. Really liked the same day service. The technican was very was very courteous and knew what he was doing. Yes I would recommend the service to a friend. Out of nowhere my oven door fell off, of course I was shocked.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

They did a good job finding out what was wrong with the hot water heater. That was pretty fast about getting the hot water heater replaced and put back in. They cleaned up the mess. They arrive on time and worked with me on the time to get the hot water heater for I work a lot.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

This was the first time a true professional service technician came to diagnose the problem. Need more companies like this when submitting a claim. They were on time, courteous, and professional. EMS is the only company I’ve ever been able to find on the internet and see more about their company and services. CHW needs to contract with more companies like this vs. little unknown and unprofessional companies who go by 12 different names.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Some circuits in our rental home were not operational. Repairs were done the very same day. My renters were very impressed at the service received. Called in late am. Issues were resolved by early pm. Only cost was the deductible.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Took two weeks to get someone to come and look at my water heater, and five minutes to deny coverage. I'm really starting to doubt if paying for a home warranty is really even worth it. I highly doubt once my current contract expires that I will renew it again. Not much point if what breaks isn't covered.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Technician was polite, very knowledgeable, very professional. He came in, looked a tthe sump pump, assessed the problem & solved it. He was very clean, didn’t make a mess and cleaned up after himself. When I paid him he was very polite and made sure to write me a receipt.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Our Technician, Jake, did an excellent job with our two repairs. He was right on-time, courteous, and very knowledgeable in regards to our situation. He finished the job quickly and efficiently. I would definitely request him again; and after our experience with him, highly recommend him.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information