Choice Home Warranty

Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: May 13, 2022

So far- AMAZING!!!! The repairs times are less than 24 hours! Shocking coming from a home warranty company, I know, but true 2 times thus far. If they keep this up, I will be a forever customer and will refer them more.

Original review: May 13, 2022

After reviewing 3 different warranty companies this company was upfront and found the details I was looking for about covering my house and the options of my property I wanted covered. He worked hard to earn my business since I myself is a warranty rep in the automotive industry. He was not pushy and professional.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Just signed up with CHOICE Home Warranty and so very glad that I did. The customer service agent is excellent and quite helpful giving me a peace of mind that our property will have the service that it needs in the future. Thank you, Choice Home Warranty staff for being here to help others.

Original review: May 13, 2022

My bathroom sink was clogged. I made the call, the appointment was set, The team arrived on time. Quick response and the problem was solved. The technician cleared the problem, cleaned the area, was courteous and attentive. Follow up was good.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Claim was easy to submit, process and complete. Technician arrived on time less than 24 hrs. from claim submission. Very good experience. Choice Home warranty performed superbly and I would definitely recommend them to others to work. I was very satisfied and happy with their performance.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Quick turnaround in terms of when I filed my claim and when someone came to take care of the problem. The worker quickly identified the issue and explained the problem. Came back the next day and installed replacement parts. Was very professional and courteous and everything went as expected.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I talked with an extremely knowledgeable and attentive young man (Seth **). He was very professional and went out of his to make us happy. We will be considering this for our daughter's home if we end up getting the expectations we feel are forthcoming. Thank you Seth **!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Very responsive. The plumber arrived exactly at the scheduled time on the day after submitting claim. He fixed the problem quickly and efficiently. He also explained everything to me. I highly recommend Choice warranty company. I also would recommend without reservation the plumbing company that fixed my problem.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Home Choice has been nothing but a headache for us. They haven’t really helped cover any of the issues we’ve had. I thought the point of a home warranty is to help with repairs of the home. We were thankful enough for them to replace our air conditioning unit with us paying little out of pocket but the technician they hired didn’t properly install the unit and Home Choice is declining to make the repairs after the technician they hired didn’t do their job properly. I wouldn’t recommend Home Choice Warranty to anyone. Such a waste of time and money.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service provided by our technician. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Vendor Relations, who will review this matter accordingly.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: May 13, 2022

I was not told about this when I added my new home, it looks as though I paid $500.00 of the buyers policy that they took over from me. I don't think I should have to pay for their appliance protection. Please explain this to me

Original review: May 13, 2022

I just enrolled with Rob for my Home Warranty program. Rob was so pleasant and helpful and I got a wonderful price that I can afford for the next 3-1/2 years and sleep better at night knowing I have made another important decision in my life. Thank you!!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Fan need to be replaced in the refrigerator that was making noise. The repair man was very professional and knew what the problem was. He had to order part and will return next week. Looking forward to not hearing the noise anymore.

Original review: May 13, 2022

My refrigerator wasn’t cooling properly and I was assigned an appointment a week later. I was elated when Jason came 4 days earlier. He quickly identified the problem and told me he will submit his diagnosis the same day. I did not see any Update on the website so I called Jason. After checking he told me there was some problem with his company name in the Choice database and he will follow up. He kept on it till finally Choice responded. He did an Excellent job!!

Original review: May 13, 2022

I have had nothing but great experiences with Choice Home Warranty. Their service is excellent and professional, I would highly recommend them. All the technicians we have dealt with were all very friendly, professional and took their time to explain the problem.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I submitted a claim on 5/8/22 for our two main level toilets were loud after each flush and seem to run longer than they should have. Choice, hired Michael's Repair to repairs the toilets. On 5/11/22 Michael came out and cleaned the main line through the master bathroom toilet and replacement the bottom piece of the valve and not the hose which left the toilet leaking. This leaked through my ceiling and drywall in my basement and storage room.

I contacted my rep Britian and Michael on 5/12/22 notifying them both of this issue. Michael came back and replace the hose on 5/12/22 but didn't address the water damage. Britian - states that Choice doesn't cover third party damage and this would be between myself and Michael. So, Choice hired this third party person but, there no liability if they damage your client property?? Very very disappointed and I will be cancelling my warranty.

Choice Home Warranty response

Original review: May 13, 2022

Tech was knowledgeable and walked me through the process step by step. I appreciated him discussing with me all that he was doing and making sure he got the problem fixed. I hope Choice Warranty will use this company again.

Original review: May 13, 2022

The young lady I talked was polite, knowledgeable, professional and felt like I’ve known her for years. If I still had my business I’d hire her in a minute. Made me almost emotional because I switched to Choice because your competitor was none of these. Grateful customer.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I am so grateful to have this warranty. When my AC stopped working in the midst of a HOT day you sent a technician bright and early the next morning. So Thankful to have this warranty and I will be referring to more people.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I was extremely surprised and happy to have Eli return an inquiry almost immediately. Eli was articulate and explained the services clearly. He was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. The connection was local and clear, not halfway across the globe. I feel confident I have chosen the most comprehensive, quick, and affordable home warranty plan available.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I was very pleased with service and the cash payment offer. I would recommend to friends. The reviews I read were accurate. Everything was as promised. I was given a special senior discount and have signed up for 6 yrs. It was everything as promised.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Technician called, texted, and emailed status of appointment, arrival time, and then update. He replaced one thermostat. Very professional, thorough. I would definitely use this company again. The city was in the middle of a heatwave and there was demand for appointments. I received one quicker than I thought I would.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Satisfied with action, I don't need forty words to express my satisfaction. Sometimes things can be effectively said with less words. All you want is honesty. Thanks, thanks thanks thanks. The discussion was frank and helpful. Once again thanks thanks thanks.

Original review: May 13, 2022

This plumber was the second one to work on a leak under the sink! He, Muhammed, was excellent! He was courteous, polite, and quickly solved all issues! I could not have asked for a greater and more satisfying experience. Fantastic! Dynamite! A true plumber in every sense of the word and meaning! Loved him!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Other pool repair companies insist on replacing all components instead of offering a more tempered response. Yes, it may be more efficient to replace all and start fresh, but that may not be the most cost-efficient option. I appreciated the option to replace a single component, the 7 port valve, as we have new grids inside our DE filter and there is no evidence of cracks in the filter manifold.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Unfortunately, our second refrigerator went on the blink and we lost everything in the freezer. Upon inspection by the technician, we were told that we would receive a timely decision soon. Well we were pleasantly surprised to receive a decision the next day and it was a very fair conclusion.

Original review: May 13, 2022

My air conditioning unit just recently was not cooling. I called Choice Home at 6:00 p.m. to submit a claim on a Tuesday night and received a call from a technician the following morning to set up a time for them to come out to diagnose the unit, they were here the following morning. The unit was 16 years old and repairing was not worth it to them and within 4 hours after the technician submitted his report Choice Home approved me to have a new unit installed. Albeit I was responsible for the modifications needed to be made for the new unit to fit my current furnace system I literally save thousands of dollars and there was no if and or buts during the process. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHOICE HOME WARRANTY!!! And I do to all my friends and family members They have 24/7 service which makes it so much easier to submit a claim and not have to wait for normal working hours.

I have been with them for over 4 years now and have had my hot water tank repaired and a washing machine replaced. I always wondered how the service would be on a major unit and now I know.... they are first class. I just happened to stumble over them years ago when I was looking into finding a company to be insured by. People reading this need not stumble. GET IT! The yearly cost is not only affordable but gives you the peace of mind of knowing that not only do you have coverage, you have awesome coverage. I hope this helps all who read this to benefit as I have. I'm a lifer. Loyalty breeds Loyalty.

Original review: May 13, 2022

My experience with Bennett Cox Appliance Repair was and is great. He was thorough, friendly, on time and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend Choice Home Warranty and Mr. Bennett Cox. As soon as he ordered the needed parts, he called and said when he expected them in.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I don’t know if it was a bad phone connection. Had a very hard time trying to file claim. Had to re-enter information at least 3 times for each question. Found it very disappointing trying to make the claim. Filed claim today 05/12/2022. Not getting Repair Service Co. until next week Wednesday 05/18/2022. Just glad the hot water heater isn’t leaking bad. Hopefully next experience will be much better.

Original review: May 13, 2022

The technician we had was excellent. It was refreshing to see the technician did not have to call in for permission to replace the disposal. In the past, this phone call alone would waste 30 to 45 minutes of the technician and my time waiting for someone from Choice to answer the call.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Our A/C unit was leaking. We knew it wasn't anything major so when the technician came, he was in and out in 20 minutes. He cleaned the debris from the unit and within a few hours, the leak was completely gone. Problem solved.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information