Choice Home Warranty

Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except California and Washington, but it has partnered with a company to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Over 25k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: May 9, 2022

Good selection by Choice to dispatch A Plus Garage Door Company. The A Plus technician arrived the following day after the service order was placed. He was knowledgeable & did the troubleshooting resolving the issue in a timely manner. Service was quick, great.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Outstanding professional service. They fixed the problem on the first try. Doctor Circuits Electrical LLC arrived on time, found the source of my problem and fixed it immediately. You could not ask for better service. I highly recommend them to do any type of electrical work under CHOICE Home Warranty.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Overall with CHW we had best experience so far. We had tried other companies and had worse experience which made us try CHW and so far we are still them. Hopefully they will continue to maintain their quality and will try to go above and beyond for their customers.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I would not recommend this company to anyone. Scheduling the appointment was fine. When the technician came he was early, I appreciated that. He was knowledgeable and respectable. But customer service was absolutely awful. I submit my letter of complaint on 5/4/22, same day the technician came out, they told me someone would contact me within 24 hours. Today is 5/9/22, no one has contacted me yet. I’ve called numerous of times today still nothing. I’m canceling my service and going to a more reliable company. Very disappointed in the service I received from this company Choice Home Warranty.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback to the Director of Customer Relations, who will review this matter accordingly. We regret losing you as a customer.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I have a 3 year contract with Choice Home Warranty. I had 3 claims that I submitted and none of them were paid by the company. I had one claim that was denied because the part that was needed wasn't listed...I had another claim that was denied because air conditioner parts are covered. Basically nothing is covered!! Obviously, I WILL NOT BE RENEWING BY CONTRACT.

Choice Home Warranty response
    We regret to hear that you do not feel secure with our company. Choice Home Warranty can assure you that you have our policy for all of the right reasons. We cover most mechanical failures that happen due to normal wear and tear on the main systems, items and appliances in your home.

Choice Home Warranty encourage all of our customers to review their coverage.

Original review: May 9, 2022

It has been a struggle to get my A/C repaired. One added Freon now works better but not good. Second one they said the line was not properly insulated which was not right, because the tech took a picture of the leaking area and the tech is the one that cut the insulation back. So I filed an appeal and have heard nothing.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I have already had to use the service twice since January. They have been friendly and professional. I had issue with one service technician not showing up it was resolved within 24 hrs and I have had very positive interaction with two other technicians. Ben at Ben's Appliance was awesome. Would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I have had a good experience with their pool vendor. Gary and his wife Tina were very friendly and professional. The kind of people you want working in your home. I would hire them again for issues with my pool in the future. We don't have a lot of issues in our home but when we do it's nice to know Choice is there for us with only a 75.00 labor fee and not hundreds or thousands of dollars in repair bills.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I called Mother's day morning for service on my fridge, freezer and ice maker. Food had defrosted. No ice and fridge was not cold. I can't believe all three were fixed that afternoon. Tech was fantastic. Very nice and knew exactly how to fix. He replaced 3 parts that was on his truck. No waiting for parts to be ordered.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I have had to call them on 2 other occasions and they have been wonderful. However, I’m having a hard time with the most recent claim. We can’t find a plumber in my area. But they are working hard to accommodate.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I had no water going to the outside spigots. Plumber came in and replaced the main water valve. It was stuck in the closed position. I have been satisfied with Choice Warranty since I've been a customer. I would recommend this service to anyone who would like to protect their investment.

Original review: May 9, 2022

We received very professional and prompt service as well as followup regarding completing the repair needed. Chris, our repairman, was attentive and helpful in explaining all details related to our problem. This Company is fabulous to work with and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: May 9, 2022

After I had the same problem over and over again and the past so called plumbers just snaked the drain and told me everything is fine, I told them no just snaking it is not doing it. The problem comes right back. I was told Choice will only let them snake the drain. I finally had somebody out who listened to me and cleared out the vents and the problem is taken care of. A big shout out to the very polite and caring Tech.

Original review: May 9, 2022

My electric in our home was not working properly. At the same time our hot water tank stopped working all together. I scheduled service tickets for both items. I was able to get appointments within 48hrs. But fortunately it was my Electric Service Provider that was working in our neighborhood. Power was restored to our home. I was able to cancel service tickets easily on line. Very happy with the timely response from Choice Warranty. I definitely recommend this company for home warranty.

Original review: May 9, 2022

The repair came on time. Very nice and did a very good job. Anytime I call you the service is good and I would not stop....I am 83yrs old and I love that you are always there when I call, I am not a good person on the com, cannot type very well.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I had a malfunctioning fridge. The service tech came out I paid the $85 to come out. The tech said it needed replacement. I had a side by side with water and ice in the door. It was also a counter depth (more expensive). But being a counter depth it was only 21 cubic foot. Choice would only allow $750 even though it cost me $2,500’. Not fair.

Choice Home Warranty response

We strive to provide the best customer experience; therefore, we regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the services we provided. We are making every effort to enhance the customer experience; therefore, we have submitted your feedback and concerns to the Director of Customer Relations.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Choice Warranty company have not failed me yet. I've been with them many years. And when I call someone always calls me back and set up an appointment. They are basically on time and get the job done. My last interaction was with my garage door. Carlos was so professional and efficient. I really appreciated it.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Guy that came out said that it was an issue of the boiler not having enough water. He turned the valve to force water to it and and ended making a mess in my basement floor of black gunk water that I had to clean up. Idk if that was necessarily the issue, he said that’s all it was and nothing else needs to be done. He didn’t provide any type of explanation as to why it wasn’t getting enough water when turned on as this is something that should be self regulated, not something I should have to monitor anytime I turn my heat on. I won’t even necessarily know if this is the case and it’s fixed until fall rolls around again and we need heat, as it is now warming up. I hope that he was correct but quite pessimistic, and felt that a more thorough check should of been done.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I was quite frankly amazed that in a matter of 3 hours from the time I reported my septic system problem until Choice notified me that a technician would appear the next day. That kind of customer service is unheard of. I have depended on Choice for servicing or replacing several appliances and will highly recommend Choice over all other home maintenance companies.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Thank you so much for your help today. Very knowledgeable and friendly and gave us a heck of a deal being a veteran. Very patient and Answered all of my questions. We need more warranty companies like this. Thank you very much.

Original review: May 8, 2022

The electrician was prompt and very knowledgeable and fixed the issue in a few minutes! I highly recommend Legitimate Electric! I called to explain the issue we were having and he came that same day. Best experience with electrician to date.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I have always had a very good experience with their home repair. Their quality of expertise knowing what to do to make the right repair the first time. They treat you with respect and make sure you are happy with a job well done. If they can't repair it The part will be replaced with a new part. Very happy with the the person who does the work. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I would and I have recommended choice home warranty to my family and friends. This will be the 3rd time I have actually had to file a claim. Thank you Choice home warranty. You make it simple and easy to get online and submit a claim. You have saved me many, many $$$.

Original review: May 8, 2022

AC stopped working on Friday on a very hot day. Choice had a great repairman here at 8am on Saturday. In less than an hour, the AC was working perfectly. The repair person was very professional and polite and wore booties in the house.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I am satisfied with the results of my request to have my refrigerator inspected by a service technician. I am not satisfied with the length of time taken at my notification of appliance failure to actual arrival of a technician. I was without a working refrigerator for a prolonged period of time. Quite an inconvenience and hardship while caring for my wife suffering with Alzheimer’s disease.

Original review: May 8, 2022

What do we need you for if we got to find our own REPAIRMAN? I guess I'll have to find another Home Warranty Shop. I just hate we paid all that money for all these to find this out. Can we get a refund.

Choice Home Warranty response

Thank you for your feedback. In a recent review of your claim, we are pleased to know you have secured an appointment with our best available technician. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I am highly impressed with the service that I received. The customer service was excellent also. Thank you Choice Home. I love you! I am lost for anything else I can say. All that matters is I am happy with the service I received. Thanks again.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Rodney coordinated and got with me prior to appointment. He was knowledgeable, courteous and I enjoyed working with him. Absolute HVAC is unreliable and has no business etiquette. They didn’t show up 3 different times. They should be removed from your list of contractors.

Original review: May 8, 2022

The technician was great! Extremely professional and knowledgeable! He came out, put a cover over his shoes to protect my floors, and did great work! He kept me up to date at every step of the repair process. I would use this tech every day and twice on Sunday!

Original review: May 8, 2022

Awesome experience. My rep was great and helped me understand everything included in my package. Not only was he able to educate me, but he was able to also get me a great deal. Informed me about referral programs as well.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information