4.1/5 (10036 ratings)
$46.83 to $54.75
Availability
49 states (not WA)
Labor guarantee
30 days (90 days for parts)
Service fee
$85
View Plan
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty offers two protection plans and multiple add-on options to protect against unexpected home system or appliance repairs and replacements. Both plans cover household items regardless of age. Customers can make claims 24/7 through the online account center or by phone. Choice Home Warranty plans are available in all states except Washington; the company has partnered with Home Service Club of California to provide Choice Home Warranty-branded products in California.

Pros

• Optional roof leak coverage
    • No transfer fee
    • 24/7 customer service
    • No home inspection

Cons

• $500 roof repair cap
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

A Choice Home Warranty plan can provide budget security and peace of mind for homeowners and can make your home more attractive to potential buyers, especially if covered major systems and appliances are older.

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

Over 50k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I had a great customer service experience: to include, but not limited to presentation (timely), communication (open dialogue), and completion (more than one service). Not only what was said or done, but How I "felt" about the visit. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The technician who came to check the Microwave oven and repair or replace it was, professional, polite, had the knowledge of the job he was doing. The tech called and told he is coming over, in about an hour or so. He was at another house.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I called today at 10.18 to get my kitchen stove repaired, 3 of the burners are not turning on, there is something wrong with the knobs, I think. At 10.24 I received an Email that a Repair person will be here Monday between 9 and 3 to take care of it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

At this juncture, I have had an opportunity to use CHOICE Home Warranty; however, the sales portion of acquisition was excellent. More to come after I have an opportunity to use CHOICE Home Warranty. Then I will offer another review, and I am certain it will be positive.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Well, I just enrolled in their program and have not tried them yet with any repair request. However, even this experience is very positive and confidence inspiring. The changes to the coverage was instantaneous. I got a discount even without requesting for one.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I was extremely pleased with our technician, Cliff, who has come before for other appliances. He is so nice, to the point, gets his work done and goes on about his business. It's always a pleasure to see him because I know he understands the problems and will act quickly.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The whole process was easy and painless. I wish every claim experience would be as pleasant. The reason I chose this home warranty was the helpful and up front attitude of the agent. I didn't compare shop because of that reason. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I called for repair and got an appointment quickly. Frank my technician contacted me with his arrival time. He was friendly, courteous and solved the problem. He offered me a service to clean the coils on my fridge. It was worth every penny. He did a great job. I could have never been able to clean it that good. Thanks Frank. Good job from start to finish.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

According you tech there was no problem? He said that we have a heat pump but he only checked the outside. He did not check the heat pump Inside the house. I believe he should have checked the heat pump Inside the house. Hopefully it will be okay.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The Swift Appliance repair technician was professional in appearance, polite and called in advance to let us know his arrival time. He arrived on time, diagnosed the problem quickly and indicated a new part would be ordered and installed within a few days. I'm very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Great company. Very quick response. Fixed the problem right away. Would recommend to anyone who has a home. Repairman was nice and polite. Had a different co before. This one is the best! Glad I have this company for all my service needs.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Phelx was the one we talked to, asked him to cancel. He gave me a hard time, took 5 mins before he would say he would cancel about the whole thing. Was told on the phone leach beds were covered, get the plan and it said no.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

This was one of the worst experiences I’ve had with customer service ever. The technician was pleasant to work with. CHW felt like the issue. We have a family of 6 we have no hot water. Our water heater is under warranty both by CHW and manufacturer. Technician was ready to do the work but couldn’t get approval from CHW. CHW was asking for a report which I don’t have and was never given. The technician sent the report through his portal and is also waiting to hear back from CHW. I was in communication with CHW but they simply kept asking for a report I don’t have. And they kept replying the same way. I let them know I had no inspection report and the technician had already submitted his report. They however 3 different times replied, "Please upload inspection report." And never addressed my actual comments. It was super frustrating. And honestly made me feel like I was just getting run around.

I tried calling but their customer service line wait was long, so I chose the service for them to call me back. I did miss their call back but immediately called them back and received the message they were closed. Currently, we are in a worse spot and our water heater is completely shot and looks like our family is going to have to go another weekend without hot water.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The company sent out was great. However, if you want me to rate Choice Home warranty company, then I give it a ZERO! They do not honor their policy limits as has been my experience, so would I recommend, the answer is a big NO!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The person helping us was very helpful and understood when I explained I could not purchase a new washer with the dollar amount the company was allowing so he did what he could to get it increased a little.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

My gas water heater pilot light went off. I tried to light same with no success. Call Choice and set-up a service call. The only problem I have is the length of response to my problem. I called in problem on 1/11/23, I didn't get a response to service until 1/12/23, and worst was it was scheduled for 1/16/23. This is (5) days to actually accomplish the service, too long a delay.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Great service! Claims were resolved and fixed the following day. I was very pleased with the technician who came to do my AC repair. He came on time, fixed the problem quickly, answered my questions. He left a receipt and I was able to go about my day! Highly recommended!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Call was able to put in my claim quickly. Company called me to schedule appointment. Technician Brandon came out, was very friendly and knowledgeable. Answered all my questions. Did thoroughly check on my gas furnace and was able to detect the problem and order the part.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Henshaw was the BEST ever! Tech was so, passionate, professional and wonderful. They explained everything... Communication was great. They were very helpful. Had my system back up and working better than ever. Great Great Great. Loved the experience. So thankful for them. I would recommend them anytime to anyone. Very impressed. Prompt. Kind. Helpful. Excellent. Super. Fantastic. Great. loved them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

The technician does Choice Home Warranty sent to my home was very good, got the problem so fast and I will recommend him to anyone of my friends. It's only one little problem that I have and that he forgot to email me my payment but I'm quite sure he'll send it to my email. It was only $85. I do love receipts so thank you charge someone for sending such a good technician. Nice time and friendly.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

It was made aware to me that there is a high cost on my part for everything that I thought was to be a no cost addition to my repairs. Both plumbing projects came out to total $800.00. Which I feel in having a home warranty is excessive. After my $65.00 payment for each event the warranty should have picked up the rest. It’s like paying regular fees with the addition of my paying for the home warranty itself.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

HM Appliances was very pleasant and professional. The technician, Sam was very knowledgeable and fixed the ice maker on my refrigerator without delays once he diagnosed and replaced the part on my ice maker. After the repairs to my ice maker, I can now enjoy using my ice maker again. I plan on referring HM Appliances to my friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I am not impressed with CHW at all. I’ve ordered and have worked with several home warranty companies in the past and this is the first time I have used CHW. They came with my personal home when I purchased it. As a top producing Real Estate agent I would NOT recommend them to any of my clients. In fact, home warranties came up in a meeting and my brokerage has also heard several complaints about them and also would not recommend them as well. Unfortunately, my warranty came with the house and will be moving to another company after it expires.

My personal experience with them was a water softener claim that took 6 months because all four technicians told CHW that it couldn’t be fix but needed to be replaced. I had to call them almost every day since I filed the claim. I filed another claim on my dishwasher and since the technician said that it needed to be repaired with a new motor. They canceled with that company and reassigned it to another company. Oh… and good luck trying to get a supervisor. You can ask for one but it will take a few days for them to call back without any notice of a time frame. If you miss the call you have to wait another several days! Haha! That was probably the most frustrating part.

Now I have sales reps calling to have me renew my contract. After telling them that I don’t think I’m interested his response was “Should I hang up on you now or transfer you to someone else.” I said, "I guess you can hang up" and he did. Their customer service is top notch for trying not to care at all. For the most part, I’m not saying to not use them. I’m just saying to take the time and research them. If you’re an agent out there looking to order them for a client I would strongly advise you to look elsewhere.

I know that this is long and drawn out but I just wanted to give a few examples of why not to use them. There is always two sides to every story and I’m sure they’ll have a response to what I’m trying to warn everyone about. I just wanted to give everyone who is thinking about CHW or new agents out there looking to buy their clients a home warranty to really think twice and check the reviews.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Repair was completed in a timely manner. The plumber was polite, arrived on time and knew immediately what the problem was. It was a pleasant experience. Choice Home Warranty lived up to my expectations and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

After running water in the sink upstairs I went to the basement for something and noticed water coming up from the laundry room drain and it wasn't draining back down. I opened a claim with my home warranty company, Choice Home Warranty, and they told me they would email me information on the company and time they would be there as soon as they were able to schedule someone. Didn't hear anything until evening when I got an email giving me the option of scheduling my own repair and be reimbursed minus my fixed payment required. I contacted a local company who had someone there in a couple of hours and removed the clog. When I received my invoice from plumbing company I uploaded it to Choice and shortly afterward they approved my repayment and a check is scheduled to be sent. Everything went smoothly and I am impressed by their option of getting the repairman myself. I am very happy with the way everything was handled.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

We’ve use American Home Shield for YEARS and am so glad I found Choice. I’m saving more than $20 a month and if we need to use it, we’ll be paying $25 on the service call too! Signing up was also fast and easy.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

We had contacted our local appliance service company who informed us that they worked with Choice Warranty. They were able to be at our house in 3 days. We contacted Choice and gave them the info. Choice however refused to work with them and assigned a Sears service person more than a week out. We did not understand this or appreciate the extended time before service was provided.

The Sears service person was professional, appeared to know what he was doing and replaced a part which presumably fixed the problem. So far the washer has been operating with no problems. I don't know why Choice is so difficult to work with. I had a previous situation with my air conditioner which Choice never did respond to. I had to get it repaired on my own after several days of trying to get a response from Choice. Bottom line, my experience is spotty.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I spoke to 2 different agents and both had the same deal and good for my family. I do believe CHOICE has the best products. We have had home warranty for 20 years and we changed and upgraded our plan.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

This was normal. First one scheduled didn’t show up. Didn’t call. Had to call and get someone else. Not enough oversight on who they use. The young man who finally took care of the prob with the oven was pleasant and efficient

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

We purchased this program a few months ago and have found the response to be timely and staff always courteous. Service calls have resolved our issues, even when it took multiple visits, everything was done professionally, until issue resolved. Would definitely recommend to homeowners.

Choice Home Warranty Company Information