Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters

Compare Cookware Brands

Research top Cookware Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

An empty cartridge was sold to us. We did not notice it until the water flow was high. We open up the filter and notice that it was not sealed properly. When we took the cartridge out, we notice that it was empty. It has nothing inside. It was suppose to be replace but they did not. I don't want to sue the company but something has to be done. A representative has had two tops of the vacuum canister set and up to now I haven't received them back. In Ponce, Puerto Rico the company has closed the offices and I think there are other people from Mayaguez that are called Carico too. Maybe they can help me.

I have purchased the water filters from Carico. They promised maintenance twice a year (that doesn't happen at all). For you to get service is a pain and I had my water tested and it does not filter as promised. I am very disappointed of Carico products. Everything I bought for my kitchen does stick and have stains all over. Quality is not what it should be. No one thing has been what I expected, then when you call the company about it, they just don't respond correctly to the situation. In resume, they do nothing. You buy from them and then you are screwed.

My mother purchased a full set of pots and pans, dishes, as well as knives back in the 80's. The stuff has a lifetime warranty and they do honor that claim. One of the handles on a pan needed to be replaced sometime in the early 2000's and Carico replaced it no problem. My mom is the kind of person who likes quality and is serious about cooking and these products have stood up to the test of time. In fact, we kind of credit Carico for saving our house from burning down. In the 90's (maybe 1993?) my sister and I had arranged for a "surprise" party at our neighbor's house. My mom was in the middle of making spaghetti sauce when we pulled her away.

In the excitement of going over there, we all completely forgot about the pan of sauce on the stove. When we got back home, hours later, the smoke alarms were going off and the house was filled with smoke. Amazingly enough, the pan clean up just fine and no fire. It's now 2015 and she is still cooking with that pan. She bought me some Calphalon pans for when I moved into my first place. However, they aren't nearly as nice as her Carico. I can't vouch for what the products or company is like now. I can only say that the products she bought in the 80's are top notch.

I purchased the cookware first and after 3 years purchased the water and air filtration system.. We Love them!!!! Own the cookware for 10 years and no problems. The air and water filtration has been a great investment. Our health for the breathing for my son has improved so much and we have cut back on his Meds. So I am very confused when I read these negative reviews. Our sales person has been touched with us at least 3 times a year checking up on us for our business and send us cooking recipes and free cooking schools. Our products are Great. Thank You.

This product is now being sold in Latin America by Carico International. It is flawed. Cartridges will, without any warning or cause, explode and cause severe flooding. Yes..., it flooded my apartment with such force that in a 10 hr. period such a system accumulated 40 buckets of water. I notified the Manager of the Guayaquil-Ecuador distributor Hogares Saludables, where it happened, Mr. Fernando **, who proceeded to tell me that my experience was unique and it had never happened before. After researching, I found others who experienced the same flood. It happens often. Hence, liars and cheats. Do not buy it. If you have the system, get rid of it. Carico charges $542.00 to replace cartridges once a year. Carico claims a defective cartridge... Gravy train. They now have to sell this product out of the USA through representatives where there is no accountability. Bad product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carico?

Bought their high-priced flatware and cutlery. Am missing a piece in my 12 place setting of their cutlery. Contacted them by e-mail a week ago. Received a form e-mail that they would contact me. No response yet. AND very frustrating that there is NO tel. no. to contact!! All I want is to complete my 12 piece table setting with their ridiculously priced forks and knives I purchased when I got married many years ago. Bought their stuff on the guarantee that they would replace effortlessly lost items. Don't have the time and effort to purchase ONE MISERABLE FORK in order to complete a set I have had for 29 years!!!!! Very poor service!!

I lost my job two years ago and fell behind on some payments (Carico included) under Family First (or something like that) and was sent to a collection agency. Well, finally after making payments for almost two years, I was able to get a chunk of money to pay off the account. In March, I received an invoice and called Carico. The woman was very nice and asked if I could send over what I had for the pay off. I then faxed over the letter I received stating it was paid off and closed. Well, then in April, I received another invoice and called again.

So this time she said she needs a copy of my bank statement showing the payment so again I sent over the letter and a copy of my statement showing the payment. Then again in May, I received another invoice and called. She explained that she was correcting my credit report and to ignore the invoice that they are having troubles with the collection agency they used but the credit report had been updated (now it's $15+ to get a credit report after you used your one a year free) but I had no way to verify, so then again in June, I received an invoice. I called again and again I was told to ignore and the credit portion was closed.

Well, I just paid the $15.00 to get my report and guess what? They are, up to last month, still reporting it as 120+ days overdue. I just filled a report with the BBB. My credit has already been tarnished by falling behind during my unemployment and I came up with a good chunk of money to pay Carico off just to try and rebuild my credit. Otherwise, I would have kept paying the monthly payment until it was paid off! Not to mention the food was overpriced, the water filter I received is horrible; I don't even use it and the freezer was way overpriced but they hook you on the "Pay less for the food and the freezer pays for itself".

I was fooled by this company from the beginning. I have refrained from putting it out there hoping they'll make things right but no luck. I have all of my correspondence clearly documented as well as copies of fax confirmations, etc. I am trying to rebuild my credit and further my life but things like this make it almost impossible. I ran into a hard time and now will pay for a bad economy for 7 years? Perhaps quitting my job and getting state money would be better; then all my debt would be forgiven and then the handouts will start coming. I'm totally frustrated and disappointed.

I bought their cookware and storage bowls in 2001 which lasted, but on occasion, I have had to replace the temperature gauge and the lids to the storage bowls. Carico charges $5 shipping for each individual item no matter how small it is! They don't return calls, they're rude, and they don't follow up! Their customer service stinks!

I called because I knew it was my last payment but I didn't have my paperwork and needed to know my last payment amount as I always pay my bills through my bank account. If you don't have your account number, they really don't want to help you. I asked the person on the phone if she could look up my account number by my name, phone number or ssn and she said no. So, I asked to speak to her manager and, of course, she happened to be the first person to pick up the phone and the manager ... right. Anyway, she refused to send me to someone above her, so I kept asking for people like the Controller. Then she told me she could look up my account by my ssn, omg, magic. It's so irritating that I had to have this dialog with the "manager".

I had bought several products from Carico. They all promised a lifetime warranty and here are the facts: An electric fry pan had produced electric shock and I was not able to use it. I sent it back and upon paying the requested $45 for shipping and handling, the new replacement arrived, just to do the same (electric shock) and leak some sort of oil from the base. Additionally, I bought two pressure cookers. One was returned three times and the other two times, each time demanding a $45 for shipping and handling. Finally, I discussed with their overcharged, made in China wares and the rate of failure. I decided to stop all payments until I get results. However, previously doing that I wrote the company three times disclosing the defects and my intentions of stop all payments until I get some results. The company ignored the three letters and just to add insult to injury, they reported me to the credit bureau as non-payer?

So the saga continues. I contacted them by phone. They basically told me nothing except that someone will contact me. After a month, I called again and I was directed to a person that did nothing except take my name and phone. A year passed by and more of the wares that I had originally bought are failing, breaking and cracking. Still no satisfaction. Finally, I placed a complaint to the BBB after an almost immediate action by the BBB. They contacted me again promising me the replacement of those defective materials. Two weeks passed and nothing took place so far. To resume, their products (majority made in China) are of a very inferior quality and at a premium price. My advice is stay away from this company. It has very low quality products and terrible customer support.

Consumers, be aware! Carico International Products are defective and do not stand up to normal wear. I am an owner of several Carico International Products; UltraTech 2 cookware, air filter, water filter, shower filter, juicer, knives, and UltraVac. A number of my UltraVac containers and lids are cracked, lids are missing handles because they broke, and oxygen is not being kept out. My shower filter head does not work properly and only one of the 3 settings work. My juicer pulp container has broken. My air deodorizer is damaged and does not work. And I have had 3 sets of shears snap and break on me while cutting chicken bones.

According to the company and sales reps, I am entitled to a lifetime warranty. Why is it that so many of the products do not work after the expensive cost? I have tried several times to get the company to fix my merchandise and they have refused to. They claim they will fix it when I become current on my account. I was current when I tried to get them to fix the products. I will not continue to pay until they fix my merchandise. Be aware! Also, Carico International is the operator of consumersaware.com.

So I have had my cookware from Carico for years. It does stick and most of them have stain. However, this is not why I am angry. We were told at the cookware presentation, we could stack the cookware on top of each other to cook everything at one time and on one burner. Well last night, I tried that. I was surprised by what happened. The top pan blew off and busted my face open between my upper lip and nose. After it bounced off my face, it then flew and landed on my bare skin on my back leaving a border line 2nd-3rd degree burn. I had to go to the hospital, thanks to it. I am very upset by this and I wonder how many people have been hurt like this.

I had a representative come to my home and show me all these products. To be honest, I wanted everything! I ended up purchasing their water & air filters. After I got it, as any person, I went online to see the reviews and to make sure I wasn't going to be sucked into something that I would regret. I'll be honest, these reviews really put me off & I spoke to my rep and she explained to me that most people that have a bad experience with the company are a select few who are misled by a rep unfortunately and that not all were like that.

Even still, I was skeptical as to my nature. The only reason that I'm writing here is that I ended up getting my products & I'm happy I did! If I had listened to what people on here were writing, then I would've missed out on something really great. I got my water & air filter a few years back and just received my cookware set. That's another reason I wanted to post on here. A lot of people complain about the cookware but it's because they're using it wrong! That's their rep's fault too. When I got mine, Alisa delivered it to me and even cooked my first meal in it, she was really helpful and always answered my questions. I call her all the time too & she always picks up.

I just think it's terrible that people write all this stuff and it turns away a lot of people that could really benefit from their products. I just think that you should give them a chance. As for their customer service department, I'd have to agree, they aren't always the friendliest but that's why I call my rep directly and I don't deal with their office. I have not had one complaint about my products and I'm saving up to get their mattress next. I'm very excited about it.

Unfortunately, I am very unsatisfied with the cookware, but I am furious with the customer service department in Bloomfield, NJ. Stephanie is very unprofessional. I thought customer service was to help the customer, but with her, if you complain, she assumes you don't want to pay your bill. Because I complained about the pots, she quickly said to me that she thought that the pots are fine and that maybe it's that I don't want to pay.

It's crazy that I cannot express how I feel. I think that the pots are hyped up more than they should be. Yes, I did say that the pots were over priced, only because they stain quickly and I do not find my cooking time to have changed. I've had them for a month and already have loose handles. Another thing is that I never received a manual and yet was told they were going to email me one. I want a manual not an email that I would have to print. You pay over $1,700 and can't get a manual.

In response to the comment from Dwayne of Charleston, SC, we are very sorry that you feel that way about the cookware. It seems that you need someone to service your account. Our customer service phone number is 1-800-440-1434. Please call us so we can help you.

We have thousands of satisfied customers since we opened our doors in 1967, and if you use our cookware properly, I'm sure you will be satisfied as well. You can put the cookware in the dishwasher, and the only reason why something would stick is because you may be using too much heat.

The construction and metals used in Ultra Tech's cookware are one of the finest in the world, and because of the thickness of the metals used, they are perfect for cooking waterless and greaseless. The trick is using medium heat to start, and as soon as the valve starts whistling, you need to turn the heat down to low. This does not mean that it will take longer to cook. Since you are cooking without water, you don't have to wait for the water to boil. But because the metal does retain the heat very well, it's very important to use lower heat.

Please contact our customer service department so we can help you. Again, the number is 1-800-440-1434, or you can email us at customerservice@carico.com.

I was sucked into a scam by Carico to buy their pots and pans. They suck! You can't wash them in the dishwasher. They stain (even though they are stainless) and crap sticks to them all the time (even though it shouldn't). It takes forever to cook anything in them. And they are the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. The sales pitch is full of lies and misleads. When you have a problem and you try to find a number to call, the stupid company back you can't get ahold of anyone because their number is not on their website. You just fill out this form and they never respond. I have now spent thousands on the biggest pieces of ** in the world. I would have rather gotten a pot out of a dumpster. Don't fall for this fraud.

This is a response to the complaint from Anna of Staten Island, NY on Feb. 25, 2011. We take all comments and complaints about Carico and any representatives seriously, and as a management, we address them appropriately with those who work with Carico and who were involved. We deeply apologize that these consumers feel the way that they do. It is always our intention and commitment to make all consumers, who are involved with Carico, have a pleasant experience.

Water then filters through the "NSF Certified Inner Core Activated Carbon Block". This high quality, long-lasting coconut shell carbon is impregnated with special lead removal media and provides the highest possible level of contaminate removal. It is equivalent of approximately 300,000 square yards of media. This removes: Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, THM's Chlorine, Chloroform, Sulfides, pesticides, herbicides, VOC's, bad tastes, bad color and bad odors. MTBE and BTEX (petroleum and crude oil by-products). We do not remove calcium or magnesium in the water, which are considered dissolved solids, because they are not harmful. Therefore, if someone is using a TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) tester to check, their water is going to read some number depending on how much calcium is in it, but that does not mean that all the other aspects of the water were not improved. All in all, we wanted to make the customer happy, especially because of the misunderstanding. So we issued her a full refund.

I was looking for a water filter and my wife's father said his friend sells water filters. I contacted Mario *** and had a long conversation about what I was looking for. I was very specific about what I wanted. I said I wanted all impurities removed including fluoride and from my research the only unit that can accomplish that is a Reverse Osmosis filter.

Mario said his unit works like a Reverse Osmosis water filter capable of removing all impurities, the only difference is that it's a new design that is easy to install. He said his product is certified, guaranteed and will provide clean pure water. I asked him to test my water as soon as he installed the filter and he looked shocked that I asked him to do so.

Reluctantly, he brought a testing kit (yellow drops in a bottle) and proceeded to test my water. He did not tell me what he was testing for and did not explain anything. In all honesty, the test looked more like a magic trick to me than a water purity test. I asked him if he had a digital TDS meter to test the level of impurities. He did not have one nor did he know what I was talking about.

So, I took it upon myself to test the water and to my disbelief the results were the same as my tap water. My tap was even 5 ppm less than the water from the unit sold to me. When I told him about my findings he was quick to tell me that it was not his product, it was my TDS meter. He said the only explanation he can provide for the undesirable test result is that this particular unit could be faulty but he was sure it is not and has no way to test if it is. He said my water test is null and void because it does not provide a break down of impurities. That made no sense because his unit was supposed to eliminate the impurities in the first place.

I was in total disbelief when he looked straight in my face and said that he never told me his unit will eliminate all impurities. It will only reduce the impurities to safe levels? What a liar! Isn't failure to provide a properly functioning product that was promised a breach of contract?

During our phone conversation after the fact, he said he did not make me aware of certain technical facts about the product because he thought that they would bore me. Isn't that false advertising? He chose to omit information that might have changed my mind about purchasing his product. He knew what I was looking to buy, misrepresented the Carico product and tricked me into signing a contract. He also installed the unit after 3 days of signing the contract so I would not be able to back out of it.

I feel so foolish. I always do research and trust no salesman, but he was recommended by family. The worst thing about it is, these sleazy Carico salesmen prey on family and friends. He said he can't issue a refund because it is company policy. These people are free agents who make there own rules. They purchase Carico products and sell it to people for a ridiculously hiked up price. He said he needs time to see if he could possibly issue store credit.

Store? He sells out of his car from a magazine! He is making believe like he is doing me a favor by forcing me to buy $700 worth of his products that I don't need or want. When I contacted Carico, they made believe that they understand where I'm coming from and agree he misrepresented the product and the supervisor is on the phone and will call me back asap. No one ever did but he called and left a nasty message on my wife's phone telling her to tell me to back off because I am getting annoying! And no one from corporate will help me, so I can stop calling.

I am so heated words cannot describe it. I will make sure to talk about my experience with this man and the company he works for to whoever will listen. I will take out ads in the paper, blog, whatever it take to make sure he will never mislead another person again. He just bought himself $700 worth of bad publicity that will never go away. He will have a hard time stealing people's hard earned money if I have something to do about it! If there is anyone who has the same issue or any lawyer who thinks I have grounds for a lawsuit please contact me ***. I am in the process of sending out a water sample to a certified lab and filing a claim against the salesman in the small claims court.

I got the ultra vac Tupperware that at the time I was told had a forever guarantee but their handles are all broken already. I got from a salesperson last name **. Please advise for replacement. Thanks.

On March 20th I paid $3013.68 for pots and pans from the company Carico. I was told by the company they would deliver around the end of April and they would call me with a tracking number. I called at least 10 times during the first week in May for the tracking number but could not reach anyone. After a week, an employee finally answered the phone and told me they would send it out that week and notify me with a tracking number. The same thing happened again but this time it took until the end of the month to reach someone and she told me that her boss was too busy to keep up with his business and he had a lot of things going on at the time and he should be able to return my call by the end of the week.

Well, the next week came and I did not receive a call so I called back and asked for a refund due to their inability to deliver my product. She told me no, and I would have to talk to the owner about that. So on June 2nd I finally talked to the owner and he told me that he was sorry and he would call me on June 4th or no later than June 7th with a tracking number, and I cannot have a refund.Well, I called back on June 10th,11th, 15th, 16th, and 17th to see what was the status on the order but could not reach anyone. It's now July 11 and haven't heard from the owner and no item. I want a refund.

My husband, Ryan, and I had put in a "drawing" for a vacation while we were at a restaurant. The next day, while I was at work, I received a called from a gentleman, David **, who said that we had "randomly" won a free dinner and show. He explained that there is a new waterfall installed at the place and trees inside with a "Hawaiian" theme. He also went on to say that we could win money up to $5,000. It sounded nice to my husband and I; however, even in the beginning we found it fishy. So before confirming the dinner date we surfed the internet and found nothing on this guy. Had I found this website ahead of time, we could have saved our time and money. We ended up confirming the dinner date.

The scam all starts at some type of bridal show, usually at the Signature Grand on State Road 84. You fill out forms to "win" trips to the Bahamas, Orlando, etc. So the next day you get a phone call stating you have won! The trip is yours, all you have to do is attend a simple meeting... the whole thing is a trick. It turns out every single person who enters the phony contest "wins" a trip. So you drive to this place by an American flag on a pole, is to the seemingly empty building and speak to some Spanish woman named Christine. Her husband Peter will have you sit down and wait as all of the "winners" walk in to claim their prizes as well.

This meeting will be a 3 hour long sales pitch full of lies and out of context health dangers warning that you need to buy their pots, pans, air purifiers, water filters, china, cutlery, etc. to maintain your health. At the end of this pitch, they tell you these items are $3,600 but of course you get $1,000 off, so you only pay $2,600 for 6 pots, a sauce pan, some knives, and a juicer. The payment plan is over a 9 year period where you only pay 25 dollars a month. He talks about how normally pots and pans from expensive stores like Williams and Sonoma or Neiman Marcus would cost $12,000. Has he never heard of Wal-Mart or QVC where you can buy a whole box of pans for $80?

During the pitch, Peter will show you all these ridiculous things he claims his pots will do for your food... food will never stick, you never need oil to cook, just an ice cube, you will have less fat, save money, easy to clean, the lids, thermometers, and blah blah blah. I felt like a victim of gypsies in the old days where they show you their cart of junk and try to trick you into buying it. The catch to the "free trips" they promised is that airfare isn't included, almost all dates are taken and you must use the trip in a year or else its no good.

Well, when you call to try and book the trip, they tell you that there are no available dates for a year. That of course means there is no free trip. It's all a lie to try and get you to come in. Also, If you buy things and tell your friends, they give you money off in the fashion of a pyramid scheme. Peter also claims the company has been in business for hundreds of years, and the pots he uses to cook with are 40 years old. What a joke. There are motivational posters on the wall trying to make sure the salesmen never forget what there goal is, money. There is a "Dream Board" where the bosses have pictures of BMW's and other luxurious items they want to finance with all of your money they steal. Even the music piped through the room is full of subliminal messages, all bizarre songs about "living the dream" and "buying yourself what you deserve". The lyrics were all trying to convince you to buy things.

The whole experience is incredibly misleading and disturbing. You leave with 4 less hours of your time, and if you fall for their tricks, thousands of dollars poorer. That is unless you open their credit card they offer you also. You are robbed of your time and peace of mind. If you sign up for anything, you ruin your credit and your life. This scam could end up costing a victim thousands of dollars in interest, as well as a bunch of useless products.

This a response to the complaint of Shay of Clarksville, TN March 2, 2010

We take all comments and complaints about Carico and any representatives seriously and as management we address them appropriately with those who work with Carico and who were involved.

We deeply apologize that this consumers feel the way that they do. It is always our intention and commitment to make all consumers who are involved with Carico have a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, there seems to be a misunderstanding and for that we are sorry. It is our hope that by detailing the events that lead up to their meeting, that we could hopefully shed a clearer light on the matter. We have discussed this matter in detail with the representative and trust that any consumers who meet with them in the future will have a positive experience.

This is the response from our representative:

It has been a real pleasure to offer health products that have improved my life and maybe others. In over 40 years in this business I have had the pleasure of meeting lots of special folks that put better health as one of their top priorities and have received many letters telling me so. When the call was made to confirm the dinner date it was clearly stated that we live in the country and the zoning laws allowed us to build our home on top of the business. These folks who gave me the impression they were married were not invited into our home and we do not have a basement.

Three other married couples were invited but did not show up due to storm warnings. Two later rebooked. I explained that this is how we demonstrate our health products. Asked if they saw something they liked and wanted could they afford at least $15.00 a week. The answer was yes, so I proceeded requesting cell phones be off during the presentation. There was no objection to this request. An offer was made to allow either one to purchase if they both agreed. I did mentioned that normally we do dinners for married couples but because they were interested and could afford the payments I cooked for them as a special exception and courtesy.

I did not go into the percentage of folks who purchase, only the percentages of folks who make money using our advertising kit correctly. They were treated with the utmost respect and courtesy as are all our guests. I have no idea of where the I never lost a sale came from I only wish that were true.

I have learned to get all the advice I can and learn from mistakes. But I honestly cant think of anything I did wrong or would have done differently.

I have owned my Ultratech II cookware for two week,s and I can attest to the fact that for a smart consumer, the Carico cookware is unbeatable in retail stores. I am extremely frugal, and when my fiancee came back from a bridal fair, and got a call with the same story as everyone else. We won a trip yada, yada. I refused to go initially, but she really wanted to go, and so I caved. I sat through the entertaining but over-the-top presentation, and went into a back room, to look at the packages and see what we could afford. When I previously mentioned "smart consumers", I mean couples who understand what they can afford. The big pitch was a 28 piece set, that cost around $3,000. There was a deal for the first four people to buy yada, yada.

Carico is a direct sales company. If you've ever purchased a new car, it's pretty much the same thing. Carico makes the cookware, and doesn't want to handle selling it, so they offer it to direct selling companies, at some sort of wholesale price, and then they don't need to employ a sales force, or pay for commercials/advertising. The direct sales company, in our case National Healthstyles Foundation, is pure American salesmanship. They likely bump up the price, to cover the cost of the salesman, and the trips they offer, which I have every reason to believe are legitimate.

The direct sales company makes their most money through high interest rates tied to monthly payments, when couples "finance" their cookware. If someone takes you for a test drive in a car you can't afford, and then offers you financing with a low monthly payment and high interest rate, which happens every day at every car dealership, you shouldn't buy it. The direct sales company is the same thing. For some reason, people praise their car dealers for ** them, but bash Carico and the direct sales company for doing the same thing with a great product. Yes, it would be nice if you could buy these in a retail store, and if anyone finds a way to buy directly from Carico, do it. It will probably be cheaper.

As for the cookware, they are awesome. If you read all of the bashing online, it revolves around misuse, and often, people realizing the payments they have committed to and refusing to even open the box. The contract is obviously written to keep people from wasting a salesperson's time and shipping, because they regret their poor purchasing decision. The best way to describe the cookware is a blend of the heft of cast iron, and the ease of cleaning of surgical steel. The pans and pots are well designed, with thermometers that slip into the top, and a perfect pour lip that really does work perfectly. I have been testing the cookware, and I have cooked steak at high heat with no palm oil or butter, just steak.

I cooked it for about 25 minutes, and yes there was stuff "burnt" on the bottom of the pan. It took about 30 seconds with a soapy sponge to clean it up, without a Teflon coating. Yes, I paid more than I normally would for cookware, but we kept it affordable by choosing only the basic set with only the pieces we needed, and paying for it on my credit card, eliminating payments and interest rates with the direct sales company (what a concept, paying for your cookware).

For those bashing Carico, relax and use you cookware appropriately, and it will amaze you, and last forever. For those bashing the direct sales company, they are not part of Carico, and yes they are a little untrustworthy. Just be careful with your money, and understand that the smiling salesperson is just like a car salesperson. They are looking to sign you up for payments to make some interest. My experience with Carico was excellent. The cookware arrived in about a week and a half, a little long for me, and was nicely and thoroughly packed. Unfortunately, the handle for one of the pans had snapped off (the handles screw into a welded-on piece, which had snapped) and one of the thermometers was bent.

I gave Carico a call, and they sent me a replacement right away, no questions. They just wanted some pictures of what had happened. Yes, I paid a lot for cookware, but my fiancee and I also have two vacations waiting for us when we want to take them. So is it too good to be true? Yes, which is why you must consider how much you can afford, before making a decision. If you can find a way to order only what you can afford, then you'll have some excellent cookware, and a few free vacations (minus airfare). I'm guessing very few people take advantage of the vacation, and so the company can actually offer it to the few that decide to take it. I have excellent cookware at a high but affordable price.

Me and my fiance were at hobby lobby and won a free dinner and vacation, from a gentleman named Mr. David ** He tells us that we won this fabulous dinner and show and that his building has a new waterfall and sets a date for us to come to dinner. It sounded wonderful at the time so of course, we take up the offer. Well, we showed up and the building is his home, and the dinner is located in his basement. We both started getting horror movie creepy but we go on with the dinner.

He seemed nice at first and we really started to get scared when no one else shows up and he tells us that we have to turn off our cell phones, which I didn't, of course. Anyways, he serves us the food and the show was him with his awful jokes trying to sell Carico cookware. We were so disappointed but the worse part is the pushing. He tried to sell us the cookware and when he finally got a hint that we didn't want it, he insulted my fiancé stating that my fiance didn't care about my health or my well-being at one point in the evening when I seemed a little impressed in one piece, he had the nerve to ask if I would purchase the cookware by myself without the approval of my fiancée though throughout the night he highly emphasized that the dinner was only for married couples and the offer was only for married couples.

He was not only offering the cookware but a chance to make some money by having other people that we refer to him buy the cookware. He stated that he had nine out of ten purchase, then he stated that he has never lost a sell, and when we told him that we weren't interested, he said he's had it happen to him; he was just full of lies. He showed me a book that had letters from people who referred others and was making money, but we caught something, all the letters were typed then signed at the bottom and on two letters which had two totally different stories, the same signature was at the bottom, right then we knew it was bogus!

Even after we declined his offer, he told us that we would still get the free vacation but we didn't even bother, if we were disappointed in the dinner that we knew we wasted our time on, then we definitely weren't taking chances on the vacation. Please do not fall for this guy's scam and please watch for an older gentlemen who calls himself a chef for an evening, and offers you dinner at Clarksville, TN. The only thing we really lose out on was our time, and feeling so foolish after we found out that we just had been suckered into going to such a dinner. We don't want others to have to go through the same ordeal, or even worse actually buy the product, which I found out is a lot cheaper elsewhere.

A few days ago, I sent a complaint letter which was published. Even though I appreciate it, you guys cut the name of the person who tricked me (Mr. **), and the complaint looks like it is against the Carico company. The Carico company has been very kind and willing to resolve the matter since I called them and explained my situation. Carico and I are close to resolve the matter satisfactorily even though Carico never received the money I gave to Mr. ** when he still was working for that company (remember, he was banned from Carico). So, the complaint is solely against Mr.** who is working for a different company nowadays on the same city of Orlando, Florida. Please include this info or contact me to clarify this issue. Thanks!

I started working with Carico International on May 5, 2009 under the direction of L. and J. C. in the Orlando, FL area under division 510. On July 25, 2009 I made an order to Luis C. for a water filter 15” Deluxe Undercounter with total value of $599.00 USD. The money was delivered in cash to Mr. C. He just gave me the stainless steel container of 15" (pre-demonstration) and installation pieces, arguing that then I would get the cartridge.

After the lapse of a month, Mr. C. asked me to do a rewrite but only for the filter medium for a total of $112.35 USD because in his words, “Carico had mingled in the distribution he used to have in Texas with its new division in Orlando.” Months after this, Mr. C. argued that Carico had sent the filter media to Texas again, arguing that Carico and more specifically to Carmen ** and his department had sent this article to his office in Texas.

Mr. C. promised me several times to get the filter media, but until today I have not received. Additionally, I made another order to finance a Compact Air Purifier with total price $585.00 USD on October 29, 2009. In the first instance I gave him $180.00 USD as cash advance, but days later said he had spoken with Ms. Carmen** and I had to complete $234.00 USD to be eligible for credit because my credit score was low, which I agreed to give the difference again in cash. Carico has never checked my credit as I watched him through Bank of America.

Mr. C. since then argues that Carico has been responsible for that. I have not received the goods. I have asked for the money back, but he claims that Carico has frozen my money along with the money this company owes him. Mr. C. claims to have the deposit slips, but he has not showed them to me. On February 2nd, 2010, I received a call from Ruben P. from Carico to clarify that Carico has no money from me and because of this and another similar issues Mr. C. was banned from doing any business with Carico International, LLC. He also told me, that if we need to quote him in any matter or legal procedure, I will be able to do so. I want either the products with their full warranty from Carico or my money back ($833 USD).

Because of the public viewing of this page, I will reserve myself from expressing foul language, but if I could, I would. I'll make it short and sweet. This guy comes into my house with one of my old friends from high school (she was working for the Carico company and this guy Mario or Marcus was supposedly training her). They tell me I’ll get a free vacation to certain places around the world just for listening (which by the way costs more than the actual vacation, they make you sit through seminars at these hotels trying to sell you even more stuff, otherwise, you’re paying for that trip full price).

So anyway, she tells me at first I don’t have to buy anything, which is true. I just have to sit through a presentation for her "training". Everything they had seemed like good stuff, but either way, these people just want your money and all those products are available on the home shopping network for better prices and quality.

Anyway, after 20 minutes of listening to scare tactics, false health information and mindless jabber about pollution which isn’t anywhere close to truth, I want these people out of my house, but not before they ask for a credit card, social security and a deposit on at least one item.

Four years ago, we purchased "Carico Ultra-tech" pots and pans paying an extraordinary price for them, might I add! After two times of usage, the glass lid shattered while being used "properly" upon a Carico fry pan. As a consequence, glass exploded on every kitchen surface imaginable! Luckily, my wife was not standing in front of the lid when it exploded! If she did, she would have lost both her eyes. Do not buy anything from them! For the price you pay, you can go to Williams and Sonoma and pay 1/2 of what they charge you for these pans.

After cleaning the glass up, we phoned Carico and told them we wanted our money back because their cookware was unsafe. Later on, after speaking with three Carico morons, we finally spoke with the President of Carico. He offered us both a free pan (which the ** never sent) and a stainless steel lid. We threatened to sue and had our lawyer draw up papers when Mr. President did not send what was due us. Not only did these greedy ** not take back the pans, they counter-sued. Walmart and Williams and Sonoma would have given our money back, but these bastards are greedy and do not honor what they say! Don't buy ** from them.

We were able to resolve the issue that I posted in regards to and came to an amicable resolution. Natalie from Exquisite Home Products was very helpful with this issue.

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters Company Profile