2. Homeowners

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.40/5

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters Reviews

Original review: May 5, 2012

So I have had my cookware from Carico for years. It does stick and most of them have stain. However, this is not why I am angry. We were told at the cookware presentation, we could stack the cookware on top of each other to cook everything at one time and on one burner. Well last night, I tried that. I was surprised by what happened. The top pan blew off and busted my face open between my upper lip and nose. After it bounced off my face, it then flew and landed on my bare skin on my back leaving a border line 2nd-3rd degree burn. I had to go to the hospital, thanks to it. I am very upset by this and I wonder how many people have been hurt like this.

Original review: March 15, 2012

I had a representative come to my home and show me all these products. To be honest, I wanted everything! I ended up purchasing their water & air filters. After I got it, as any person, I went online to see the reviews and to make sure I wasn't going to be sucked into something that I would regret. I'll be honest, these reviews really put me off & I spoke to my rep and she explained to me that most people that have a bad experience with the company are a select few who are misled by a rep unfortunately and that not all were like that.

Even still, I was skeptical as to my nature. The only reason that I'm writing here is that I ended up getting my products & I'm happy I did! If I had listened to what people on here were writing, then I would've missed out on something really great. I got my water & air filter a few years back and just received my cookware set. That's another reason I wanted to post on here. A lot of people complain about the cookware but it's because they're using it wrong! That's their rep's fault too. When I got mine, Alisa delivered it to me and even cooked my first meal in it, she was really helpful and always answered my questions. I call her all the time too & she always picks up.

I just think it's terrible that people write all this stuff and it turns away a lot of people that could really benefit from their products. I just think that you should give them a chance. As for their customer service department, I'd have to agree, they aren't always the friendliest but that's why I call my rep directly and I don't deal with their office. I have not had one complaint about my products and I'm saving up to get their mattress next. I'm very excited about it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2012

Unfortunately, I am very unsatisfied with the cookware, but I am furious with the customer service department in Bloomfield, NJ. Stephanie is very unprofessional. I thought customer service was to help the customer, but with her, if you complain, she assumes you don't want to pay your bill. Because I complained about the pots, she quickly said to me that she thought that the pots are fine and that maybe it's that I don't want to pay.

It's crazy that I cannot express how I feel. I think that the pots are hyped up more than they should be. Yes, I did say that the pots were over priced, only because they stain quickly and I do not find my cooking time to have changed. I've had them for a month and already have loose handles. Another thing is that I never received a manual and yet was told they were going to email me one. I want a manual not an email that I would have to print. You pay over $1,700 and can't get a manual.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2011

In response to the comment from Dwayne of Charleston, SC, we are very sorry that you feel that way about the cookware. It seems that you need someone to service your account. Our customer service phone number is 1-800-440-1434. Please call us so we can help you.

We have thousands of satisfied customers since we opened our doors in 1967, and if you use our cookware properly, I'm sure you will be satisfied as well. You can put the cookware in the dishwasher, and the only reason why something would stick is because you may be using too much heat.

The construction and metals used in Ultra Tech's cookware are one of the finest in the world, and because of the thickness of the metals used, they are perfect for cooking waterless and greaseless. The trick is using medium heat to start, and as soon as the valve starts whistling, you need to turn the heat down to low. This does not mean that it will take longer to cook. Since you are cooking without water, you don't have to wait for the water to boil. But because the metal does retain the heat very well, it's very important to use lower heat.

Please contact our customer service department so we can help you. Again, the number is 1-800-440-1434, or you can email us at customerservice@carico.com.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2011

I was sucked into a scam by Carico to buy their pots and pans. They suck! You can't wash them in the dishwasher. They stain (even though they are stainless) and crap sticks to them all the time (even though it shouldn't). It takes forever to cook anything in them. And they are the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. The sales pitch is full of lies and misleads. When you have a problem and you try to find a number to call, the stupid company back you can't get ahold of anyone because their number is not on their website. You just fill out this form and they never respond. I have now spent thousands on the biggest pieces of ** in the world. I would have rather gotten a pot out of a dumpster. Don't fall for this fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carico?

Original review: May 3, 2011

This is a response to the complaint from Anna of Staten Island, NY on Feb. 25, 2011. We take all comments and complaints about Carico and any representatives seriously, and as a management, we address them appropriately with those who work with Carico and who were involved. We deeply apologize that these consumers feel the way that they do. It is always our intention and commitment to make all consumers, who are involved with Carico, have a pleasant experience.

Water then filters through the "NSF Certified Inner Core Activated Carbon Block". This high quality, long-lasting coconut shell carbon is impregnated with special lead removal media and provides the highest possible level of contaminate removal. It is equivalent of approximately 300,000 square yards of media. This removes: Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, THM's Chlorine, Chloroform, Sulfides, pesticides, herbicides, VOC's, bad tastes, bad color and bad odors. MTBE and BTEX (petroleum and crude oil by-products). We do not remove calcium or magnesium in the water, which are considered dissolved solids, because they are not harmful. Therefore, if someone is using a TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) tester to check, their water is going to read some number depending on how much calcium is in it, but that does not mean that all the other aspects of the water were not improved. All in all, we wanted to make the customer happy, especially because of the misunderstanding. So we issued her a full refund.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2011

I was looking for a water filter and my wife's father said his friend sells water filters. I contacted Mario *** and had a long conversation about what I was looking for. I was very specific about what I wanted. I said I wanted all impurities removed including fluoride and from my research the only unit that can accomplish that is a Reverse Osmosis filter.

Mario said his unit works like a Reverse Osmosis water filter capable of removing all impurities, the only difference is that it's a new design that is easy to install. He said his product is certified, guaranteed and will provide clean pure water. I asked him to test my water as soon as he installed the filter and he looked shocked that I asked him to do so.

Reluctantly, he brought a testing kit (yellow drops in a bottle) and proceeded to test my water. He did not tell me what he was testing for and did not explain anything. In all honesty, the test looked more like a magic trick to me than a water purity test. I asked him if he had a digital TDS meter to test the level of impurities. He did not have one nor did he know what I was talking about.

So, I took it upon myself to test the water and to my disbelief the results were the same as my tap water. My tap was even 5 ppm less than the water from the unit sold to me. When I told him about my findings he was quick to tell me that it was not his product, it was my TDS meter. He said the only explanation he can provide for the undesirable test result is that this particular unit could be faulty but he was sure it is not and has no way to test if it is. He said my water test is null and void because it does not provide a break down of impurities. That made no sense because his unit was supposed to eliminate the impurities in the first place.

I was in total disbelief when he looked straight in my face and said that he never told me his unit will eliminate all impurities. It will only reduce the impurities to safe levels? What a liar! Isn't failure to provide a properly functioning product that was promised a breach of contract?

During our phone conversation after the fact, he said he did not make me aware of certain technical facts about the product because he thought that they would bore me. Isn't that false advertising? He chose to omit information that might have changed my mind about purchasing his product. He knew what I was looking to buy, misrepresented the Carico product and tricked me into signing a contract. He also installed the unit after 3 days of signing the contract so I would not be able to back out of it.

I feel so foolish. I always do research and trust no salesman, but he was recommended by family. The worst thing about it is, these sleazy Carico salesmen prey on family and friends. He said he can't issue a refund because it is company policy. These people are free agents who make there own rules. They purchase Carico products and sell it to people for a ridiculously hiked up price. He said he needs time to see if he could possibly issue store credit.

Store? He sells out of his car from a magazine! He is making believe like he is doing me a favor by forcing me to buy $700 worth of his products that I don't need or want. When I contacted Carico, they made believe that they understand where I'm coming from and agree he misrepresented the product and the supervisor is on the phone and will call me back asap. No one ever did but he called and left a nasty message on my wife's phone telling her to tell me to back off because I am getting annoying! And no one from corporate will help me, so I can stop calling.

I am so heated words cannot describe it. I will make sure to talk about my experience with this man and the company he works for to whoever will listen. I will take out ads in the paper, blog, whatever it take to make sure he will never mislead another person again. He just bought himself $700 worth of bad publicity that will never go away. He will have a hard time stealing people's hard earned money if I have something to do about it! If there is anyone who has the same issue or any lawyer who thinks I have grounds for a lawsuit please contact me ***. I am in the process of sending out a water sample to a certified lab and filing a claim against the salesman in the small claims court.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2010

I got the ultra vac Tupperware that at the time I was told had a forever guarantee but their handles are all broken already. I got from a salesperson last name **. Please advise for replacement. Thanks.

Original review: July 11, 2010

On March 20th I paid $3013.68 for pots and pans from the company Carico. I was told by the company they would deliver around the end of April and they would call me with a tracking number. I called at least 10 times during the first week in May for the tracking number but could not reach anyone. After a week, an employee finally answered the phone and told me they would send it out that week and notify me with a tracking number. The same thing happened again but this time it took until the end of the month to reach someone and she told me that her boss was too busy to keep up with his business and he had a lot of things going on at the time and he should be able to return my call by the end of the week.

Well, the next week came and I did not receive a call so I called back and asked for a refund due to their inability to deliver my product. She told me no, and I would have to talk to the owner about that. So on June 2nd I finally talked to the owner and he told me that he was sorry and he would call me on June 4th or no later than June 7th with a tracking number, and I cannot have a refund.Well, I called back on June 10th,11th, 15th, 16th, and 17th to see what was the status on the order but could not reach anyone. It's now July 11 and haven't heard from the owner and no item. I want a refund.

Original review: May 20, 2010

My husband, Ryan, and I had put in a "drawing" for a vacation while we were at a restaurant. The next day, while I was at work, I received a called from a gentleman, David **, who said that we had "randomly" won a free dinner and show. He explained that there is a new waterfall installed at the place and trees inside with a "Hawaiian" theme. He also went on to say that we could win money up to $5,000. It sounded nice to my husband and I; however, even in the beginning we found it fishy. So before confirming the dinner date we surfed the internet and found nothing on this guy. Had I found this website ahead of time, we could have saved our time and money. We ended up confirming the dinner date.

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters Company Information