Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters
2.35/5

Looking for new cookware?

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters

Looking for new cookware?

82 Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I purchased the cookware first and after 3 years purchased the water and air filtration system.. We Love them!!!! Own the cookware for 10 years and no problems. The air and water filtration has been a great investment. Our health for the breathing for my son has improved so much and we have cut back on his Meds. So I am very confused when I read these negative reviews. Our sales person has been touched with us at least 3 times a year checking up on us for our business and send us cooking recipes and free cooking schools. Our products are Great. Thank You.

Original review: March 30, 2014

This product is now being sold in Latin America by Carico International. It is flawed. Cartridges will, without any warning or cause, explode and cause severe flooding. Yes..., it flooded my apartment with such force that in a 10 hr. period such a system accumulated 40 buckets of water. I notified the Manager of the Guayaquil-Ecuador distributor Hogares Saludables, where it happened, Mr. Fernando **, who proceeded to tell me that my experience was unique and it had never happened before. After researching, I found others who experienced the same flood. It happens often. Hence, liars and cheats. Do not buy it. If you have the system, get rid of it. Carico charges $542.00 to replace cartridges once a year. Carico claims a defective cartridge... Gravy train. They now have to sell this product out of the USA through representatives where there is no accountability. Bad product.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2013

Bought their high-priced flatware and cutlery. Am missing a piece in my 12 place setting of their cutlery. Contacted them by e-mail a week ago. Received a form e-mail that they would contact me. No response yet. AND very frustrating that there is NO tel. no. to contact!! All I want is to complete my 12 piece table setting with their ridiculously priced forks and knives I purchased when I got married many years ago. Bought their stuff on the guarantee that they would replace effortlessly lost items. Don't have the time and effort to purchase ONE MISERABLE FORK in order to complete a set I have had for 29 years!!!!! Very poor service!!

Original review: June 24, 2013

I lost my job two years ago and fell behind on some payments (Carico included) under Family First (or something like that) and was sent to a collection agency. Well, finally after making payments for almost two years, I was able to get a chunk of money to pay off the account. In March, I received an invoice and called Carico. The woman was very nice and asked if I could send over what I had for the pay off. I then faxed over the letter I received stating it was paid off and closed. Well, then in April, I received another invoice and called again.

So this time she said she needs a copy of my bank statement showing the payment so again I sent over the letter and a copy of my statement showing the payment. Then again in May, I received another invoice and called. She explained that she was correcting my credit report and to ignore the invoice that they are having troubles with the collection agency they used but the credit report had been updated (now it's $15+ to get a credit report after you used your one a year free) but I had no way to verify, so then again in June, I received an invoice. I called again and again I was told to ignore and the credit portion was closed.

Well, I just paid the $15.00 to get my report and guess what? They are, up to last month, still reporting it as 120+ days overdue. I just filled a report with the BBB. My credit has already been tarnished by falling behind during my unemployment and I came up with a good chunk of money to pay Carico off just to try and rebuild my credit. Otherwise, I would have kept paying the monthly payment until it was paid off! Not to mention the food was overpriced, the water filter I received is horrible; I don't even use it and the freezer was way overpriced but they hook you on the "Pay less for the food and the freezer pays for itself".

I was fooled by this company from the beginning. I have refrained from putting it out there hoping they'll make things right but no luck. I have all of my correspondence clearly documented as well as copies of fax confirmations, etc. I am trying to rebuild my credit and further my life but things like this make it almost impossible. I ran into a hard time and now will pay for a bad economy for 7 years? Perhaps quitting my job and getting state money would be better; then all my debt would be forgiven and then the handouts will start coming. I'm totally frustrated and disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2012

I bought their cookware and storage bowls in 2001 which lasted, but on occasion, I have had to replace the temperature gauge and the lids to the storage bowls. Carico charges $5 shipping for each individual item no matter how small it is! They don't return calls, they're rude, and they don't follow up! Their customer service stinks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carico?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2012

I called because I knew it was my last payment but I didn't have my paperwork and needed to know my last payment amount as I always pay my bills through my bank account. If you don't have your account number, they really don't want to help you. I asked the person on the phone if she could look up my account number by my name, phone number or ssn and she said no. So, I asked to speak to her manager and, of course, she happened to be the first person to pick up the phone and the manager ... right. Anyway, she refused to send me to someone above her, so I kept asking for people like the Controller. Then she told me she could look up my account by my ssn, omg, magic. It's so irritating that I had to have this dialog with the "manager".

Original review: Sept. 14, 2012

I had bought several products from Carico. They all promised a lifetime warranty and here are the facts: An electric fry pan had produced electric shock and I was not able to use it. I sent it back and upon paying the requested $45 for shipping and handling, the new replacement arrived, just to do the same (electric shock) and leak some sort of oil from the base. Additionally, I bought two pressure cookers. One was returned three times and the other two times, each time demanding a $45 for shipping and handling. Finally, I discussed with their overcharged, made in China wares and the rate of failure. I decided to stop all payments until I get results. However, previously doing that I wrote the company three times disclosing the defects and my intentions of stop all payments until I get some results. The company ignored the three letters and just to add insult to injury, they reported me to the credit bureau as non-payer?

So the saga continues. I contacted them by phone. They basically told me nothing except that someone will contact me. After a month, I called again and I was directed to a person that did nothing except take my name and phone. A year passed by and more of the wares that I had originally bought are failing, breaking and cracking. Still no satisfaction. Finally, I placed a complaint to the BBB after an almost immediate action by the BBB. They contacted me again promising me the replacement of those defective materials. Two weeks passed and nothing took place so far. To resume, their products (majority made in China) are of a very inferior quality and at a premium price. My advice is stay away from this company. It has very low quality products and terrible customer support.

Original review: July 2, 2012

Consumers, be aware! Carico International Products are defective and do not stand up to normal wear. I am an owner of several Carico International Products; UltraTech 2 cookware, air filter, water filter, shower filter, juicer, knives, and UltraVac. A number of my UltraVac containers and lids are cracked, lids are missing handles because they broke, and oxygen is not being kept out. My shower filter head does not work properly and only one of the 3 settings work. My juicer pulp container has broken. My air deodorizer is damaged and does not work. And I have had 3 sets of shears snap and break on me while cutting chicken bones.

According to the company and sales reps, I am entitled to a lifetime warranty. Why is it that so many of the products do not work after the expensive cost? I have tried several times to get the company to fix my merchandise and they have refused to. They claim they will fix it when I become current on my account. I was current when I tried to get them to fix the products. I will not continue to pay until they fix my merchandise. Be aware! Also, Carico International is the operator of consumersaware.com.

Original review: May 5, 2012

So I have had my cookware from Carico for years. It does stick and most of them have stain. However, this is not why I am angry. We were told at the cookware presentation, we could stack the cookware on top of each other to cook everything at one time and on one burner. Well last night, I tried that. I was surprised by what happened. The top pan blew off and busted my face open between my upper lip and nose. After it bounced off my face, it then flew and landed on my bare skin on my back leaving a border line 2nd-3rd degree burn. I had to go to the hospital, thanks to it. I am very upset by this and I wonder how many people have been hurt like this.

Original review: March 15, 2012

I had a representative come to my home and show me all these products. To be honest, I wanted everything! I ended up purchasing their water & air filters. After I got it, as any person, I went online to see the reviews and to make sure I wasn't going to be sucked into something that I would regret. I'll be honest, these reviews really put me off & I spoke to my rep and she explained to me that most people that have a bad experience with the company are a select few who are misled by a rep unfortunately and that not all were like that.

Even still, I was skeptical as to my nature. The only reason that I'm writing here is that I ended up getting my products & I'm happy I did! If I had listened to what people on here were writing, then I would've missed out on something really great. I got my water & air filter a few years back and just received my cookware set. That's another reason I wanted to post on here. A lot of people complain about the cookware but it's because they're using it wrong! That's their rep's fault too. When I got mine, Alisa delivered it to me and even cooked my first meal in it, she was really helpful and always answered my questions. I call her all the time too & she always picks up.

I just think it's terrible that people write all this stuff and it turns away a lot of people that could really benefit from their products. I just think that you should give them a chance. As for their customer service department, I'd have to agree, they aren't always the friendliest but that's why I call my rep directly and I don't deal with their office. I have not had one complaint about my products and I'm saving up to get their mattress next. I'm very excited about it.

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters Company Information