2. Homeowners

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters

2.4/5 (25 ratings)

About Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carico?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

I have purchased the water filters from Carico. They promised maintenance twice a year (that doesn't happen at all). For you to get service is a pain and I had my water tested and it does not filter as promised. I am very disappointed of Carico products. Everything I bought for my kitchen does stick and have stains all over. Quality is not what it should be. No one thing has been what I expected, then when you call the company about it, they just don't respond correctly to the situation. In resume, they do nothing. You buy from them and then you are screwed.

Original review: May 7, 2015

My mother purchased a full set of pots and pans, dishes, as well as knives back in the 80's. The stuff has a lifetime warranty and they do honor that claim. One of the handles on a pan needed to be replaced sometime in the early 2000's and Carico replaced it no problem. My mom is the kind of person who likes quality and is serious about cooking and these products have stood up to the test of time. In fact, we kind of credit Carico for saving our house from burning down. In the 90's (maybe 1993?) my sister and I had arranged for a "surprise" party at our neighbor's house. My mom was in the middle of making spaghetti sauce when we pulled her away.

In the excitement of going over there, we all completely forgot about the pan of sauce on the stove. When we got back home, hours later, the smoke alarms were going off and the house was filled with smoke. Amazingly enough, the pan clean up just fine and no fire. It's now 2015 and she is still cooking with that pan. She bought me some Calphalon pans for when I moved into my first place. However, they aren't nearly as nice as her Carico. I can't vouch for what the products or company is like now. I can only say that the products she bought in the 80's are top notch.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

I purchased the cookware first and after 3 years purchased the water and air filtration system.. We Love them!!!! Own the cookware for 10 years and no problems. The air and water filtration has been a great investment. Our health for the breathing for my son has improved so much and we have cut back on his Meds. So I am very confused when I read these negative reviews. Our sales person has been touched with us at least 3 times a year checking up on us for our business and send us cooking recipes and free cooking schools. Our products are Great. Thank You.

Original review: March 30, 2014

This product is now being sold in Latin America by Carico International. It is flawed. Cartridges will, without any warning or cause, explode and cause severe flooding. Yes..., it flooded my apartment with such force that in a 10 hr. period such a system accumulated 40 buckets of water. I notified the Manager of the Guayaquil-Ecuador distributor Hogares Saludables, where it happened, Mr. Fernando **, who proceeded to tell me that my experience was unique and it had never happened before. After researching, I found others who experienced the same flood. It happens often. Hence, liars and cheats. Do not buy it. If you have the system, get rid of it. Carico charges $542.00 to replace cartridges once a year. Carico claims a defective cartridge... Gravy train. They now have to sell this product out of the USA through representatives where there is no accountability. Bad product.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2013

Bought their high-priced flatware and cutlery. Am missing a piece in my 12 place setting of their cutlery. Contacted them by e-mail a week ago. Received a form e-mail that they would contact me. No response yet. AND very frustrating that there is NO tel. no. to contact!! All I want is to complete my 12 piece table setting with their ridiculously priced forks and knives I purchased when I got married many years ago. Bought their stuff on the guarantee that they would replace effortlessly lost items. Don't have the time and effort to purchase ONE MISERABLE FORK in order to complete a set I have had for 29 years!!!!! Very poor service!!

Original review: June 24, 2013

I lost my job two years ago and fell behind on some payments (Carico included) under Family First (or something like that) and was sent to a collection agency. Well, finally after making payments for almost two years, I was able to get a chunk of money to pay off the account. In March, I received an invoice and called Carico. The woman was very nice and asked if I could send over what I had for the pay off. I then faxed over the letter I received stating it was paid off and closed. Well, then in April, I received another invoice and called again.

So this time she said she needs a copy of my bank statement showing the payment so again I sent over the letter and a copy of my statement showing the payment. Then again in May, I received another invoice and called. She explained that she was correcting my credit report and to ignore the invoice that they are having troubles with the collection agency they used but the credit report had been updated (now it's $15+ to get a credit report after you used your one a year free) but I had no way to verify, so then again in June, I received an invoice. I called again and again I was told to ignore and the credit portion was closed.

Well, I just paid the $15.00 to get my report and guess what? They are, up to last month, still reporting it as 120+ days overdue. I just filled a report with the BBB. My credit has already been tarnished by falling behind during my unemployment and I came up with a good chunk of money to pay Carico off just to try and rebuild my credit. Otherwise, I would have kept paying the monthly payment until it was paid off! Not to mention the food was overpriced, the water filter I received is horrible; I don't even use it and the freezer was way overpriced but they hook you on the "Pay less for the food and the freezer pays for itself".

I was fooled by this company from the beginning. I have refrained from putting it out there hoping they'll make things right but no luck. I have all of my correspondence clearly documented as well as copies of fax confirmations, etc. I am trying to rebuild my credit and further my life but things like this make it almost impossible. I ran into a hard time and now will pay for a bad economy for 7 years? Perhaps quitting my job and getting state money would be better; then all my debt would be forgiven and then the handouts will start coming. I'm totally frustrated and disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2012

I bought their cookware and storage bowls in 2001 which lasted, but on occasion, I have had to replace the temperature gauge and the lids to the storage bowls. Carico charges $5 shipping for each individual item no matter how small it is! They don't return calls, they're rude, and they don't follow up! Their customer service stinks!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2012

I called because I knew it was my last payment but I didn't have my paperwork and needed to know my last payment amount as I always pay my bills through my bank account. If you don't have your account number, they really don't want to help you. I asked the person on the phone if she could look up my account number by my name, phone number or ssn and she said no. So, I asked to speak to her manager and, of course, she happened to be the first person to pick up the phone and the manager ... right. Anyway, she refused to send me to someone above her, so I kept asking for people like the Controller. Then she told me she could look up my account by my ssn, omg, magic. It's so irritating that I had to have this dialog with the "manager".

Original review: Sept. 14, 2012

I had bought several products from Carico. They all promised a lifetime warranty and here are the facts: An electric fry pan had produced electric shock and I was not able to use it. I sent it back and upon paying the requested $45 for shipping and handling, the new replacement arrived, just to do the same (electric shock) and leak some sort of oil from the base. Additionally, I bought two pressure cookers. One was returned three times and the other two times, each time demanding a $45 for shipping and handling. Finally, I discussed with their overcharged, made in China wares and the rate of failure. I decided to stop all payments until I get results. However, previously doing that I wrote the company three times disclosing the defects and my intentions of stop all payments until I get some results. The company ignored the three letters and just to add insult to injury, they reported me to the credit bureau as non-payer?

So the saga continues. I contacted them by phone. They basically told me nothing except that someone will contact me. After a month, I called again and I was directed to a person that did nothing except take my name and phone. A year passed by and more of the wares that I had originally bought are failing, breaking and cracking. Still no satisfaction. Finally, I placed a complaint to the BBB after an almost immediate action by the BBB. They contacted me again promising me the replacement of those defective materials. Two weeks passed and nothing took place so far. To resume, their products (majority made in China) are of a very inferior quality and at a premium price. My advice is stay away from this company. It has very low quality products and terrible customer support.

Original review: July 2, 2012

Consumers, be aware! Carico International Products are defective and do not stand up to normal wear. I am an owner of several Carico International Products; UltraTech 2 cookware, air filter, water filter, shower filter, juicer, knives, and UltraVac. A number of my UltraVac containers and lids are cracked, lids are missing handles because they broke, and oxygen is not being kept out. My shower filter head does not work properly and only one of the 3 settings work. My juicer pulp container has broken. My air deodorizer is damaged and does not work. And I have had 3 sets of shears snap and break on me while cutting chicken bones.

According to the company and sales reps, I am entitled to a lifetime warranty. Why is it that so many of the products do not work after the expensive cost? I have tried several times to get the company to fix my merchandise and they have refused to. They claim they will fix it when I become current on my account. I was current when I tried to get them to fix the products. I will not continue to pay until they fix my merchandise. Be aware! Also, Carico International is the operator of consumersaware.com.

Carico Cookware and Carico Water Filters Company Information