Brita Water Filters

Brita Water Filters
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.31/5

Brita Water Filters Reviews

Original review: June 3, 2020

I bought a Chrome top Brita pitcher thinking it was metal on top. After about two tears the "chrome" starting flaking off the top. Since it was more than one year old they only sent me a $10 coupon not a new top. $10 won't buy me a new brita. They have not responded to my request for a new top.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I had 2 units have the exact same issue (the knob that switches from filtered to unfiltered water stopped working) in less than a year. The first one was covered under warranty and was replaced. After the second one had the exact same issue, I was advised to purchase a new unit even though they admitted they were aware of the problem and it was not yet corrected. In other words, I should spend money on their product that we both know is defective.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I contacted Brita about the fact that the filters do not fit. We have had the pitchers for about 8 years and we bought a box of 8 of the filters. They say universal fit on the box. They did not fit. The water just flows through. Brita basically told me that we are not using actual Brita products and blocked my email address so that emails come back as undeliverable! I will be looking for a new system and will not give Brita any more of my hard earned money!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I just changed this filter last month and now the water has white stuff floating in it and black. It’s like dirty water back wash in the dam pitcher. This has been going on for the past 4 months. I change the filter constantly. I’m staying broke. I think I’m safer with the tap water.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I have been using Brita pitcher for a few years. Today, I cut open a sealed brand new filter and soak in a cup before I put it in the pitcher. To my surprise, about 10-15 small insects rushing in and out the opening of the filter. It is very concerning. Normally I just put in the pitcher and let the water filtered a few times then start to consume the water. Then these organisms would be just buried in the filter and never known. It is worrisome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita?

Original review: May 21, 2019

Tap not working properly. Phoned Brita. My phone enquiry resulted in a new piece being sent to me. This was confirmed by email. The staff at Brita were most helpful and professional. Very happy with the service. Would definitely deal with them again.

Resolution response: Feb. 12, 2019

I have to retract a misunderstanding. The oddity in the photos are micro plastic ion-replacement filter particles. So big mistake there. Disregard that. But the fact still remains that the weird taste occurred from unknown causes and I did throw a seldom used filter away, in my view very prematurely. It had maybe 15 cycles through it before the unpleasant taste occurred.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

It worked fine at first. Not used continuously. One batch tasted WEIRD. I googled and saw warnings about mold. I pulled my filter and my filter was growing GROSS ORGANISMS inside it. I wish I could post the photo. It looked like a Petri dish with little cultures on the bottom screen. No telling what was growing inside it. Like I stated. It worked fine at first. But I haven't had it that long.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I've used the Brita water filter system for years, with generally good results. The water stays clear for six weeks to two months, and then, as it becomes time to change the filter, the water becomes less clear. However, I recently put in a new filter and it made the water light brownish - a defective filter. I dumped the water, cleaned the container and put in another new filter, and it worked properly. I've put in lots of filters over the years, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much about one being defective; but it can happen.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had some filters stop working after only a few days use. I emailed Brita (2 months ago) to ask how to unblock them because they are costly, I still do not have a reply from them. Brita do not seem to want to hear from their customers, they just ignore us and hope that we will go away. I have decided to do just that and use a alternative brand.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I bought this Brita pitcher because I have a larger unit in my refrigerator for years now that cleaned my water really well and made the water crystal clear. So I wanted a second one for room temperature water. I don't know if it is the plastic pitcher or the filter but the water looked blackish no matter how many times I rinsed the filter. So I stopped using the filter altogether but now am smelling an odd smell in the plastic pitcher. Now there is a reddish-brownish (I don't know for sure, algae, maybe?) film when I clean the pitcher. So I've stopped using the pitcher but it's too late to return and I still have the extra water filter cartridge. What a waste of money! And scary too. If I were a little less conscientious about cleaning, my family might still be drinking this water.

Brita Water Filters Company Information