Brita Water Filters

Brita Water Filters

4.1/5 (460 ratings)

About Brita Water Filters

Brita Water Filters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita Water Filters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita?

Original review: March 27, 2022

Once in a while I find little black debris on the bottom of the glass, that is really when I take a look, but who knows how much such garbage have I been drinking? I use Brita water filters for 2 years now and change every month. Very disappointing, I am thinking to go back to water buying. How can formally make a complaint against these products?

Original review: March 21, 2022

This product is the worst.. and they are not customer-oriented. I found my Jar is getting crack automatically I really wonder about their quality. I purchased this last month, but the jar started getting cracked..when I complained about this, I got a call telling me we have done physical damage by closing the lid forcibly. Finally, it will be on the customer's head. Never do they agree there mistake. They are not mature enough to judge their mistakes. I will take this to consumer court. Will not leave them for cheating me.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Instead of activated carbon in the filter, white beads. Brita are scammers. Activated carbon inside maybe 10 percent. I'm finishing my troubles with Brita filters, it's ridiculous why the UK consumer authority won't take care of this. It is outright cheating consumers.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Bought first Brita unit months ago. Pleased with taste of water. After several months, plastic lid would not engage fully. I kept spilling water continually. Brita replace and sent 2 new containers. Fine, but once again, after several months, and currently, plastic lid will not engage. This is clearly a design/manufacturing issue. Too bad, I like the water but will not be purchasing another unit or any filters.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Updated on 01/01/2021: I posted a few days ago about being ill from this new Brita sink filter. So I was sick 10 days and realized that was the only thing that had changed. I took it off and used bottled water to drink, make ice and my coffee. I was only lightly sick another 24 hours maybe but felt 85% better by the end of that day. Def could be coincidence but I don’t think so.

Original Review: I’ve been researching why I have had diarrhea for 10 days now along with cramping & nausea. I’ve also lost 7 lbs! I called the dr and he said if not better in a week to go in. Trying to figure out what has changed and it’s the filter on my sink!! Not only do I cook with that water, put cold brew a large pitcher of coffee and make ice cubes with it. I just took it off this afternoon, dumped my whole pitcher of coffee and dumped all the ice. I will update this in a few days to let y’all know how I’m feeling!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I have been using Brita water filters for years. I change them every 2 mos. according to directions. I was sick for days. I looked at bottom of filter and there is mold and fungus (grey spots). Now I know why I’m sick. There are countless blogs on this subject. See for yourself. The filters should probably be changed each month not every two. But that would make it more expensive than bottled water. Even my dogs were sick for days and finally I figured out it was the water. I kept drinking it b/c I was dehydrated after being on the toilet for days. Be careful. If you see grey dots at bottom and you’ve been sick, this is why. Brita should warn consumers and they don’t. This is why I’m doing it. Shame on them.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I bought a Chrome top Brita pitcher thinking it was metal on top. After about two tears the "chrome" starting flaking off the top. Since it was more than one year old they only sent me a $10 coupon not a new top. $10 won't buy me a new brita. They have not responded to my request for a new top.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I had 2 units have the exact same issue (the knob that switches from filtered to unfiltered water stopped working) in less than a year. The first one was covered under warranty and was replaced. After the second one had the exact same issue, I was advised to purchase a new unit even though they admitted they were aware of the problem and it was not yet corrected. In other words, I should spend money on their product that we both know is defective.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I contacted Brita about the fact that the filters do not fit. We have had the pitchers for about 8 years and we bought a box of 8 of the filters. They say universal fit on the box. They did not fit. The water just flows through. Brita basically told me that we are not using actual Brita products and blocked my email address so that emails come back as undeliverable! I will be looking for a new system and will not give Brita any more of my hard earned money!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I just changed this filter last month and now the water has white stuff floating in it and black. It’s like dirty water back wash in the dam pitcher. This has been going on for the past 4 months. I change the filter constantly. I’m staying broke. I think I’m safer with the tap water.

Brita Water Filters Company Information