Brita Water Filters

Brita Water Filters

4.0/5 (155 ratings)

About Brita Water Filters

Brita Water Filters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita Water Filters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita?

Original review: July 28, 2021

Bought first Brita unit months ago. Pleased with taste of water. After several months, plastic lid would not engage fully. I kept spilling water continually. Brita replace and sent 2 new containers. Fine, but once again, after several months, and currently, plastic lid will not engage. This is clearly a design/manufacturing issue. Too bad, I like the water but will not be purchasing another unit or any filters.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Updated on 01/01/2021: I posted a few days ago about being ill from this new Brita sink filter. So I was sick 10 days and realized that was the only thing that had changed. I took it off and used bottled water to drink, make ice and my coffee. I was only lightly sick another 24 hours maybe but felt 85% better by the end of that day. Def could be coincidence but I don’t think so.

Original Review: I’ve been researching why I have had diarrhea for 10 days now along with cramping & nausea. I’ve also lost 7 lbs! I called the dr and he said if not better in a week to go in. Trying to figure out what has changed and it’s the filter on my sink!! Not only do I cook with that water, put cold brew a large pitcher of coffee and make ice cubes with it. I just took it off this afternoon, dumped my whole pitcher of coffee and dumped all the ice. I will update this in a few days to let y’all know how I’m feeling!

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I have been using Brita water filters for years. I change them every 2 mos. according to directions. I was sick for days. I looked at bottom of filter and there is mold and fungus (grey spots). Now I know why I’m sick. There are countless blogs on this subject. See for yourself. The filters should probably be changed each month not every two. But that would make it more expensive than bottled water. Even my dogs were sick for days and finally I figured out it was the water. I kept drinking it b/c I was dehydrated after being on the toilet for days. Be careful. If you see grey dots at bottom and you’ve been sick, this is why. Brita should warn consumers and they don’t. This is why I’m doing it. Shame on them.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I bought a Chrome top Brita pitcher thinking it was metal on top. After about two tears the "chrome" starting flaking off the top. Since it was more than one year old they only sent me a $10 coupon not a new top. $10 won't buy me a new brita. They have not responded to my request for a new top.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I had 2 units have the exact same issue (the knob that switches from filtered to unfiltered water stopped working) in less than a year. The first one was covered under warranty and was replaced. After the second one had the exact same issue, I was advised to purchase a new unit even though they admitted they were aware of the problem and it was not yet corrected. In other words, I should spend money on their product that we both know is defective.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I contacted Brita about the fact that the filters do not fit. We have had the pitchers for about 8 years and we bought a box of 8 of the filters. They say universal fit on the box. They did not fit. The water just flows through. Brita basically told me that we are not using actual Brita products and blocked my email address so that emails come back as undeliverable! I will be looking for a new system and will not give Brita any more of my hard earned money!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I just changed this filter last month and now the water has white stuff floating in it and black. It’s like dirty water back wash in the dam pitcher. This has been going on for the past 4 months. I change the filter constantly. I’m staying broke. I think I’m safer with the tap water.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I have been using Brita pitcher for a few years. Today, I cut open a sealed brand new filter and soak in a cup before I put it in the pitcher. To my surprise, about 10-15 small insects rushing in and out the opening of the filter. It is very concerning. Normally I just put in the pitcher and let the water filtered a few times then start to consume the water. Then these organisms would be just buried in the filter and never known. It is worrisome.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Tap not working properly. Phoned Brita. My phone enquiry resulted in a new piece being sent to me. This was confirmed by email. The staff at Brita were most helpful and professional. Very happy with the service. Would definitely deal with them again.

Resolution response: Feb. 12, 2019

I have to retract a misunderstanding. The oddity in the photos are micro plastic ion-replacement filter particles. So big mistake there. Disregard that. But the fact still remains that the weird taste occurred from unknown causes and I did throw a seldom used filter away, in my view very prematurely. It had maybe 15 cycles through it before the unpleasant taste occurred.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

It worked fine at first. Not used continuously. One batch tasted WEIRD. I googled and saw warnings about mold. I pulled my filter and my filter was growing GROSS ORGANISMS inside it. I wish I could post the photo. It looked like a Petri dish with little cultures on the bottom screen. No telling what was growing inside it. Like I stated. It worked fine at first. But I haven't had it that long.

Brita Water Filters Company Information