Brita Water Filters

Brita Water Filters

4.0/5 (155 ratings)

About Brita Water Filters

Brita Water Filters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita Water Filters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brita?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I've used the Brita water filter system for years, with generally good results. The water stays clear for six weeks to two months, and then, as it becomes time to change the filter, the water becomes less clear. However, I recently put in a new filter and it made the water light brownish - a defective filter. I dumped the water, cleaned the container and put in another new filter, and it worked properly. I've put in lots of filters over the years, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much about one being defective; but it can happen.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had some filters stop working after only a few days use. I emailed Brita (2 months ago) to ask how to unblock them because they are costly, I still do not have a reply from them. Brita do not seem to want to hear from their customers, they just ignore us and hope that we will go away. I have decided to do just that and use a alternative brand.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I bought this Brita pitcher because I have a larger unit in my refrigerator for years now that cleaned my water really well and made the water crystal clear. So I wanted a second one for room temperature water. I don't know if it is the plastic pitcher or the filter but the water looked blackish no matter how many times I rinsed the filter. So I stopped using the filter altogether but now am smelling an odd smell in the plastic pitcher. Now there is a reddish-brownish (I don't know for sure, algae, maybe?) film when I clean the pitcher. So I've stopped using the pitcher but it's too late to return and I still have the extra water filter cartridge. What a waste of money! And scary too. If I were a little less conscientious about cleaning, my family might still be drinking this water.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I bought one of these to avoid constantly using plastic bottles. However, the product itself is rubbish. After a while the lid comes loose and it tends to spill water everywhere. Now the lid is a very bad fit - I'm going to look for an alternative that does the same thing.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I purchased the filters which were advertised to last 6 months. The cost seemed to be better than the monthly filters. However, after 2 weeks you could only process water through the filter taking ALL day which means you cannot fill more than 3 20 oz bottles per day. I wrote the company and they have not responded. I turned around and started to use the monthly filters which work good all the time.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Great product. It is saving me money and plastic bottles. I live in Southern California where the tap water is not very palatable. The Brita water pitcher and filters makes the water tasteless, clean and pure; nearly as good as bottled water. I gave it a four out of five stars because the filters are more costly than I think they should be; although if you search for sales you can get a good deal. Recently my local supermarket had a 3 pack of Brita filters on sale for $6.00!!! That is $2 per filter.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I had bought the Brita Tap Water Filter Systems 4 months ago from BJ's with the recommendation from friends that this was a great system for your faucet. It was working great until last night when the water started going everywhere the moment you turned on my water. I examined the systems and notice the inside water base from where the water filters through was completely cracked. Thank God little pieces did not going into any of my water and I did not digest any of the pieces (from what I know). How is the system already broken after 4 months of use only! This is horrible and dangerous. Be very careful using this systems.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I bought 4 Brita water filter bottles with 4 boxes of refill filters and I started having a lot of burning in my throat and abdominal pain and discomfort. Also noticed black specks in my filter and lot of what looked to be mold and I clean them and try and put in brand new and same thing. Also a terrible metallic taste in mouth. This product is not safe by any means and needs to be looked into why so many are having same issues from this product. I was bloated and having stomach cramps and bloating and burning in my throat. This product is the cause. Did not have any of these issues before starting to use this water bottle filter system.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I have an older model Brita 10 cup pitcher w/ a white top which I fill and use daily and the water tastes good. I recently purchased a new model 6-cup Brita pitcher with a black top. I bought the new style pitcher as a birthday gift for a friend. After we both struggled for 1/2 hour to get the new-fangled lid on to the pitcher with the filter properly in place (It has some sort of mechanism built into the lid to let you know when the filter needs to be replaced), we both gave up.

Yesterday, my friend tried again to get the lid to fit and the little cover that goes over the pour spout broke off and fell into the water! He told me to come and get it from him today or it goes in the garbage! I don't get it? Why did they change the design for this smaller pitcher? And what the heck is the problem? The instructions don't address this issue at all! Now my friend is upset with me for giving it to him! My gift to him was basically a lot of aggravation, plus I'm out $30.00 to boot!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I bought a Brita under sink water filtration system from Home Depot 1 year ago. Filters (A & C) are to be replaced every 6 months. At the 6 month mark you could not get the C filters either at their store or online. Found out a Company called Protect Plus only uses the Brita name and they are the ones selling to Home Depot and it took many many calls to FINALLY get the C filter. Now it's the A filter that is not sold in stores or online yet you can purchase the entire system. If Brita allows them to use the Brita name they should make sure the consumer is not getting ripped off after buying the system. I thought I bought a product FROM BRITA! This is a ripoff and will tell everyone not to buy anything with a Brita name on it.

Brita Water Filters Company Information