Brinks vs. Cove
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you
How are Brinks and Cove different?
Brinks and Cove both offer DIY home security options with professional-level monitoring and a trial period. There are, however, several significant differences between the companies, including cost, contract and voice integration.
Installation and cost
|Installation fee||$200 to $450||None|
|Upfront cost||$199 to $699||Varies based on equipment|
|Trial period||30-day risk-free||60-day money-back guarantee|
|Contract terms||36 months||No term contracts|
|Professional||$200 to $450||$199 to $699||30-day risk-free||36 months|
|DIY||None||Varies based on equipment||60-day money-back guarantee||No term contracts|
Monitoring plans and pricing
|Monitoring price range||$39.99 to $49.99/month||$17.99 to $27.99/month|
|Upgraded self-monitoring||Not offered||—|
|24/7 professional monitoring||$39.99/month||Starting at $17.99/month|
|Upgraded professional monitoring||$49.99/month||Starting at $27.99/month|
|$39.99 to $49.99/month||Professional||Not offered||Not offered||$39.99/month||$49.99/month|
|$17.99 to $27.99/month||Professional||—||—||Starting at $17.99/month||Starting at $27.99/month|
|Wired or wireless?||Wireless||Wireless|
|Camera options||Indoor and outdoor cameras||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Glass break sensor|
|Panic button||Medical panic button|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras|
|Wireless||Indoor and outdoor cameras||—||Medical panic button|
|Garage door control||—||—|
|Temperature sensor||—||Heat detector within smoke detector|
|—||—||—||—||Heat detector within smoke detector|
|Mobile app monitoring|
|Notification/alert options||Push and text||Phone, email, text and push|
|Home automation capabilities||—|
|Other integrations||Apple TV||—|
|3.8||2.9||Push and text||Apple TV|
|2.3||2.5||Phone, email, text and push||—||—|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||2.6||2.6|
|Verified customer reviews||Brinks reviews||Cove reviews|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
Brinks offers a large selection of home security and home automation technology. It’s open with pricing information and allows you to save money by installing the system yourself. The company does require you to commit to a lengthy contract.
Brinks offers three plans to choose from. You can also add equipment to the plans to customize your security.
- Smart Security Essential: The basic plan is $199 and includes a control panel, a motion sensor, two door sensors and a yard sign. Monitoring services are $39.99 a month.
- Smart Security Complete: This plan costs $349 and includes one control panel, one video doorbell, one motion sensor, two door sensors and a yard sign. Monitoring services are $44.99 a month.
- Smart Security Ultimate: The most thorough Brinks plan costs $699 and includes one control panel, one video doorbell, one motion sensor, three door sensors, one outdoor camera and one yard sign. Monitoring services cost $49.99 a month.
What Brinks customers say
Brinks customers report timely, friendly and polite service with knowledgeable technicians that are attentive to questions and concerns. Customers who experienced issues with Brinks mostly complained about long hold times and the need for multiple calls to resolve issues. Overall, reviewers on ConsumerAffairs appear to be happy with their system and describe Brinks as professional.
Cove is a DIY home security option that also includes professional monitoring. The company promises easy cancellation and no contracts, and it offers a lifetime price-lock guarantee.
Unlike most companies, Cove doesn’t offer equipment-based plans. The website has you build a unique package based on your needs. From there, you can choose from two monitoring packages.
- Cove Basic: This plan costs 50 cents a day. It includes 24/7 live alarm monitoring, environmental monitoring, three methods of communication, smash and grab protection, a 100% AT&T 4G LTE connection, an hourly automated system check, a 24-hour backup battery and a one-year equipment warranty.
- Cove Plus: This plan is 83 cents a day. It includes all the features of the basic plan and has a lifetime equipment warranty, smartphone control, Alexa and Google Home voice control, a $5/month equipment reward and a lifetime monitoring rate-lock guarantee.
What Cove customers say
Cove customers leave mixed feedback on ConsumerAffairs, with happy customers commenting on a customer service team that goes the extra mile, an easy install process and quality products. Negative feedback centers around equipment functionality and cancellation issues.
Bottom line: Brinks or Cove?
Cove has fewer technology choices but is more affordable. Brinks can provide more comprehensive home automation but requires a commitment.
- Brinks is best for customers who want a wider equipment selection and home automation.
- Cove is best for customers who are looking for affordable prices without a commitment.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.