2.2/5 (360 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bradford White Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bradford White?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bradford White?

Original review: June 14, 2022

I have a American Home Shield warranty. My Hot water heater failed last August. They replaced it with a Bradford-White. It failed after less than a Year. I have been dealing with this issue for a week now. Their product, their warranty and their "licensed" warranty service companies have been terrible. Don't buy from Bradford White.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Two water heaters broke within 5 years and the warranty is for 6 from the original install, regardless of the replacements. The inside of the heater is FAULTY and cracks. There was all kinds of rust. Now, I have to either pay for labor...$1200...to get a replacement installed that will likely break again in 2 years OUT of warranty after already paying for labor again in 2019 for the first replacement...or I can scrap it all and start over. Neither of which I can afford right now.

Why do *I* have to pay for someone else's mistake, lack of work ethic and crappy workmanship? In this case, it's Bradford White. I called Bradford White and they passed everything off as my fault. I've had 2 plumbers out here...they've assured me it's not. It's a faulty product that neither will sell anymore. But Bradford White will not stand by their own water heaters and, so far, will take no responsibility for it. A water heater shouldn't die after 2 years. It shouldn't die after 5 years. There's no excuse for this and it's incredibly frustrating and disappointing. In a time when everything is so hyperinflated with costs, it hurts even more.

Get buying tips about Water Heaters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2022

40 gallon gas water heater, model# RG240T6N. Unknown to me, comes with a 90 day warranty. That's it. So now 18 months later, control not working. Pilot won't stay light because led light won't function. I used to buy Home Depot wh - they lasted 4 years. A so called top water heater - Bradford White only lasted 18 months. Looks like I'm going back to Home Depot. I do not recommend.

Original review: March 29, 2022

We recently installed the Aerotherm heat pump water heater from Bradford White. I was worried about noise levels because of the location within our house but with the vents attached we are experiencing just under 50 dba from 3 feet (56 dba @ 3 feet without vents). Have been running it on heat pump only mode for two weeks now and have experienced consistent hot water. Just fantastic and our natural gas bill has dropped significantly (vs. our old natural gas water heater which was also Bradford White and reached end of life without any issues). I wish the tank had some of the advanced scheduling features, etc. that its competition has but the low noise level and consistent hot water are excellent.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Bradford White not take responsibility and cover labor cost of replacing 2 hot water heaters within 5 years. Brand new house built in 2016 1st HWH breaks in 2019, under warranty was replaced, but I was out $1000 in labor, 2021 replaced again, under warranty, but, I am out $2000 in labor. At lest this time they offered a $500 check as a goodwill gesture, in 2019 I got nothing! Stand by your products and do the right thing!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

We bought our house in 2019 and the contractor who built the house installed a nice Bradford White hybrid water heater. This water heater ran great with no issues until the day before Christmas Eve of 2021. My wife noticed that the water in her shower was not very hot. I came home from work that night to check it out and noticed that the water heater seemed to have no power. The fancy panel/motherboard was black and would not reset with the reset button. I had to stay home from work on Christmas Eve day and first called Bradford White which had a recorded message that they were closed for the holidays. I then called a local company to come and take a look at it. They stated they did not service our area.

Three phone calls later and a company said they would come look at it, which they did. However, they could not do anything. They did state we had power to the water heater, but they could not do anything else. I had to call another company from a town an hour away and had to pay a $350 service charge for them to come out. They came out and looked everything over. This service man had a lot of experience and stated that the motherboard in the water heater was dead and needed to be replaced. However, he stated it was cheaper to replace the water heater than order a motherboard. Well, we needed hot water, so this nice service man went back into town to get another water heater, came all the way back out and replaced our water heater with a Rheem. Needless to say, our total bill was $2,800.

Fast forward to after the Christmas holiday, I called Bradford White and spoke to a customer service agent named Jada. She worked with me on the phone, seemed very nice and stated they would do what they could to help reimburse the cost of the water heater as it was under a 10 year warranty. She stated she would call back the next day. She did call back the next day and stated they were "still working on it." Since this time, I have not heard from her or the company and I have called three times, left three messages, with no response. This company does not stand behind the guaranteed warranty. I still have yet to hear from this company for any reimbursement at all. I would have even been happy with some of the cost in reimbursement. Do not buy from Bradford White. They do not help their customers or stand by their guaranteed warranty.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Terrible product, lasted 2 years. By comparison my previous unit lasted 20. Why would they put a microprocessor on the bottom of a 50 gallon water tank? Complete and total design flaw. Also reflects poorly on the installer.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Bradford White URG250T6N 50 gal water heater. Installed by plumber. 10 year warranty. Started gushing water in 2 1/2 years and flooded my garage. They honored the warranty on the water heater, but I'm still out $500 for a plumber. Very unsatisfactory. Customer service said they would not cover the labor even though the unit only lasted 2 1/2 years. That's not really standing behind your product.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Bradford White has to be the worst water heater in existence. A terrible product! I've had 3 Bradford White electric water heaters in 10 years. It seems like it's the only water heater that plumbers carry and I think it's because they know they won't last and can make money constantly replacing them. Anyways I had a 15 year old Rheem replaced with a Bradford White. Within two years it started leaking. The water heater was under warranty, but installation costs weren't, so I had to pay to have it replaced. This one lasted about 2 years before it started to leak too. Same story - under warranty, but had to pay to have it installed.

Next water heater lasted 6 years before water started pouring out of the bottom heating element door. This water heater is no longer under warranty and I can't find any plumber who doesn't carry anything besides Bradford White. Why would a plumbing company carry such an inferior product unless they plan to make money on service calls? Avoid these water heaters at all cost!!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

We purchased our Bradford White electric water heater in 2015. In 2019, its motherboard burnt and luckily it was still under warranty. We spent $700 to get new water heater installed. Fast forward, 2 years later, our water heater is leaking an immense amount of water from the bottom. Our plumber does not believe that the company will replace another. DO NOT buy this water heater!!! 2 water heaters in 6 years is just ridiculous. They should be ashamed of themselves...

Bradford White author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bradford White manufactures a wide range of residential, commercial and volume water heaters. They provide energy efficient units to customers with varying needs, including wholesalers, contractors, home builders and homeowners.

• Types: Bradford White supplies various gas, electric, hybrid heat pump, solar and tankless water heaters for commercial and residential use. Units contain various vent types, including atmospheric, power, direct power and direct vents.  Consumers looking for NAECA approved water heaters can use Bradford White’s cross-reference guide to search for a unit that meets those standards.

• Energy efficiency ratings: Bradford White provides a rating chart online to show consumers how efficient each model is. Among other figures, the chart shows the estimated yearly cost of each model and its energy factor number provided by the Department of Energy.

• Innovations: Bradford White has developed multiple energy saving innovations for its water heaters including intelligent control, low emissions and smart diagnostics. Consumers can check out details and features of each innovation online.

• Accessories: Bradford White has developed two residential water heater accessories: The Heater Hauler and the residential gas water heater stand. The Heater Hauler is a vinyl-laminated nylon bag designed to keep the water heater from leaking on unwanted surfaces during removal. The residential gas water heater stand is designed for garages or anywhere else a gas water heater needs to be elevated.

• Warranties: Consumers can go online and register their water heater to get warranty details, read documents and check on their warranty’s duration. Also included is a list of items not covered under warranty.

Bradford White Company Information