Bradford White

Stars Rating

• 3%
  • 97%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bradford White?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bradford White?
    Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed July 1, 2024

I do not recommend a Bradford White hot water heater. I bought a brand new heater (M250S6DS-1NCPP-458) in Sept 2020, at a cost of $1200. It was installed by a professional reputable plumber. In May 2021, it started pumping out boiling hot water. It cost me $500 for repair. Two elements and two thermostats were replaced. Bradford White & the plumber said it was installed wrong by the plumber who installed it and would not honour the repair. What a joke. Now June 2024, and it is pumping out boiling hot water again. Tell me Bradford White who is responsible now. It is well looked after and our water is very clean where I live. How much will this cost me this time. Bradford White DOES NOT stand behind their product. They don't even deserve a one rating.

Reviewed June 17, 2024

We purchased our home in 2017 and it was a newly completed build. Yesterday our home alarm alerted us to water in the basement mechanical room. Upon inspection we found that our Bradford White water heater was leaking water out of the bottom all over. This led me to confirm if the water heater had a warranty or not. Turns out the 6year warranty was up in September 2023. If you are looking for a water heater that will make it just beyond warranty at best and then fail it would appear this is the brand... I am sure it is just a coincidence however and ours is the only one. My recommendation is that you think twice prior to purchasing this brand of water heater.

Get buying tips about Water Heaters delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed April 8, 2024

If I could give a lesser rating I would. This Bradford White gas water heater has been a disaster. Granted the plumbing company has been great but EVERYTHING on this water heater has been replaced three times. The last time they said it was the valves in my showers causing the problem NOT SO, the relief valve is BLOWING AGAIN. I have no idea what this is costing me, every time they come out they drain the water heater to replace a part, then it continues to blow hot water out the relief valve which costs me gas and water. VERY DISAPPOINTED and once again, because the unit if off, I'm going to the neighbors for a shower.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

Our water heater had a small drip of water about a week ago. Last night it was pouring out water everywhere out of the bottom. Turns out it was a 6 year warranty that expired in August 2023. I have builder grade hot water heaters in my rental properties that have lasted 24+ years. I expect a $2,500 water heater to last longer than 6 years! Never buying Bradford White again!

Installation & SetupCoverage

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

Do NOT buy a Bradford White water heater. Here's my story: We built a house in 2018 and the builder put in a Bradford White water heater. By 2023, we dealt with 6 months of discolored, rusty water. They said we needed to replace the anode. We did that. We installed an electric one. Supposedly the best anode rod you could get to protect your heater. We STILL had discolored water but didn't have any further recourse. Then the heater started leaking from the bottom in Feb 2023. It was within warranty, so Bradford White covered the replacement. We had it replaced by a reputable plumbing service. We put the electric anode in to protect the new heater.

Fast forward to today - this new heater, under 1 year old, leaked out the bottom and flooded our basement. Bradford White WILL NOT COVER OUR REPLACEMENT. They say because this new heater was a warranty replacement, it's a "one and done". How can a NEW water heater not have any kind of warranty? Shouldn't a new unit, even if it is a warranty replacement, have a warranty of its own? How are we out $2,400 to have a new one installed even though this is a Bradford White product issue?! Their products are poor quality. We have had nothing but issues with the two heaters we have had with them. We did everything by the book to maintain our heaters. And then when their products fail, they don't stand by them and replace them for you. Out of luck. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS.

CMB Services

Did anyone do a water quality test? Sounds like the issue is your water not the heater.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2023

They advertise their water heaters last 15 to 20 years and they warranty them for 6 years. Mine lasted 6 years and 1 month and water leaking all over floor. This is the second Bradford White (and last) water heater I will buy. The first one lasted 5 years and 4 months. Neighbor bought one at Home Depot and still working after 15 years. Bradford White gas water heaters are junk. You would think for $2000 they would last longer than 5 or 6 years.

CoverageOnline & App

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

I bought a 50 gal Bradford White water tank approximately 6 yrs Ago. The warranty expires at the end of this year. Their website states the product lasts 10-15 yrs and this one lasted less than half. The warranty covers the tank but I still need to pay $1250 for a plumbing company to remove and replace it. That is the cost of a new tank. I will not replace this tank with another Bradford White. This product is garbage and lasted half the years they promoted. DO NOT BUY!

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2023

Our first water tank lasted 15 years, but this one needed replacing after less than 7! That's shameful for any company nowadays, especially a high-ticket item that 'should' last at least 10. We will never purchase another Bradford tank again.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2023

Bradford/White Hydrojet hot water heater tank 30 gallons. Now just 3 years old releasing large quantities of water from pressure valve. Replaced valve AND turned down residential inlet psi to 65. No effect still releasing water daily. Tank was flushed once since being installed. Plumber says buy a new tank of quality. Pretty much says it all. Spent 850 to install hoping for 12 to 14 years worry free... l got barely three. Furthermore, you will see by reviewing the complaints that zero are answered by the company Bradford/White because they don’t care. So recommend you steer away from this manufacturer otherwise the risk appears to be fairly high.

Installation & SetupReliability

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2023

I had a brand new Bradford and White Boiler installed less than a year ago. It failed shortly after. The company is not paying for the expensive labor to replace it. This company obviously does not stand behind their defective products. My plumber just used them but now I am researching them and never would have chosen this company.

Bradford White author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bradford White manufactures a wide range of residential, commercial and volume water heaters. They provide energy efficient units to customers with varying needs, including wholesalers, contractors, home builders and homeowners.

• Types: Bradford White supplies various gas, electric, hybrid heat pump, solar and tankless water heaters for commercial and residential use. Units contain various vent types, including atmospheric, power, direct power and direct vents.  Consumers looking for NAECA approved water heaters can use Bradford White’s cross-reference guide to search for a unit that meets those standards.

• Energy efficiency ratings: Bradford White provides a rating chart online to show consumers how efficient each model is. Among other figures, the chart shows the estimated yearly cost of each model and its energy factor number provided by the Department of Energy.

• Innovations: Bradford White has developed multiple energy saving innovations for its water heaters including intelligent control, low emissions and smart diagnostics. Consumers can check out details and features of each innovation online.

• Accessories: Bradford White has developed two residential water heater accessories: The Heater Hauler and the residential gas water heater stand. The Heater Hauler is a vinyl-laminated nylon bag designed to keep the water heater from leaking on unwanted surfaces during removal. The residential gas water heater stand is designed for garages or anywhere else a gas water heater needs to be elevated.

• Warranties: Consumers can go online and register their water heater to get warranty details, read documents and check on their warranty’s duration. Also included is a list of items not covered under warranty.

Bradford White Company Information