Find a Water Heaters partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Bradford White Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bradford White?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bradford White?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Our plumber installed a new Bradford White water heater in our new house. Two months later, it started making a very loud buzzing/rattling noise. And then it started spilling water into the tray below, eventually flooding our laundry room. BW replaced the faulty heater, but they refused to pay for the reinstallation. So I ended up paying ~$600 to install the same water heater twice in about 3 months. My understanding is that their competitors have better warranties for when things go wrong. Would *not* recommend buying a BW heater.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Got a 10 year warranty water heater. 3 years then fail. Company is like "pay a plumber we appove of" to convince us it was our failure and "we will provide a free replacement part 2 weeks after the failure." You are okay waiting 2 weeks for hot water and trust us to decide on the failure right? I mean just because we don't answer our phone and you have to wait 20 minutes doesn't mean we are not honest? Cmon it's just normal not to tell you the specific details of our warranty.

Get buying tips about Water Heaters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

New 50-gallon Bradford White water heater was installed in my new home in 2018. It FAILED after only 3.5 years with water leaking out all around the top, connection on side and around the bottom. When the plumber called supplier, this water heater is no longer being sold. Even though Bradford White say the water heater has a 6 year warranty, I found the warranty to be useless. The plumber called, as well to confirm. I have NEVER had a water heater fail this fast. All others have lasted for many years. I then decided to have a Noritz tankless water heater installed. I'll never purchase another product from Bradford White!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I had a Bradford White Gas Water Heater installed to replace a 15 year old water heater that was still working. After 2 years on the Bradford White, an internal seal or weld gave way and it sprayed water over a bunch of items which were not tolerant of water and leaked over part of the basement laundry room. Needless to say I am not impressed and after reading other reviews here, I would definitely recommend buying from another company.

Original review: July 31, 2021

Had replaced the conventional water heater with BW tankless water heater in 2017. In 4 years, there were two major repairs. One was 2 yrs in and the second one was just two weeks ago. Both times the fuse was blown and the control board needed to be replaced. The fan also caused issues and needed to be replaced twice two weeks ago. The first replacement fan failed the second day. Both times we were without hot water for almost a week. The second repair cost me a little under $1,700. Less than two weeks after that second repair, the unit failed again. I have had it with this BW unit and decided to change back to the conventional water heater. I had filed a claim with BW. So far BW has not responded. My advice is to avoid Bradford White tankless water heater.

Original review: May 28, 2021

This water heater was installed in my new home in October 2019. I've called a plumber 3 times since then due to the unit leaking. I've had the T&P valve replaced, which didn't help. I had to have the water heater replaced in May 2021. The warranty is useless. The water heater in my previous home lasted 20+ years. I'll never purchase another product from this company.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Had a Bradford-white water heater installed on March 9th of 2020. On March 17th, we were closed for covid shutdowns. This water heater never operated correctly and the company is not standing behind it. I would never purchase from this company again!!!

Original review: April 14, 2021

This water heater lasted a lot longer than most I have read about 7 years but it cracked and cannot be repaired. We have never had to replace a water heater in such a short time. Not a good brand. Will buy a different.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Had to replace a Bradford White water heater in 4 year old house - replaced with a Bradford white. Now 3 yrs later motor has died. Paid $363 to have plumber out to replace parts not covered by warranty. He has to source new motor which we hope is covered by warranty - then another plumber visit cost! Have owned 7 or 8 homes in past - have never had these issues with any other water heater - not reliable and very expensive to replace and install.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

New water heater installed in September 2019 and was leaking water just 18 months later. A licensed plumber discovered that due to the leaking the pilot light would not stay lit. Had it not still been under warranty for replacement I would not have never purchased another Bradford White.

Bradford White author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Bradford White manufactures a wide range of residential, commercial and volume water heaters. They provide energy efficient units to customers with varying needs, including wholesalers, contractors, home builders and homeowners.

• Types: Bradford White supplies various gas, electric, hybrid heat pump, solar and tankless water heaters for commercial and residential use. Units contain various vent types, including atmospheric, power, direct power and direct vents.  Consumers looking for NAECA approved water heaters can use Bradford White’s cross-reference guide to search for a unit that meets those standards.

• Energy efficiency ratings: Bradford White provides a rating chart online to show consumers how efficient each model is. Among other figures, the chart shows the estimated yearly cost of each model and its energy factor number provided by the Department of Energy.

• Innovations: Bradford White has developed multiple energy saving innovations for its water heaters including intelligent control, low emissions and smart diagnostics. Consumers can check out details and features of each innovation online.

• Accessories: Bradford White has developed two residential water heater accessories: The Heater Hauler and the residential gas water heater stand. The Heater Hauler is a vinyl-laminated nylon bag designed to keep the water heater from leaking on unwanted surfaces during removal. The residential gas water heater stand is designed for garages or anywhere else a gas water heater needs to be elevated.

• Warranties: Consumers can go online and register their water heater to get warranty details, read documents and check on their warranty’s duration. Also included is a list of items not covered under warranty.

Bradford White Company Information