Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.64/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Lasko Heaters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lasko Heaters?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lasko Heaters?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

We have a Rental Business, and bought numerous Lasko Space Heaters, and Fans. Did not have good luck with some units. Discarded a couple. Was about to discard 2 more when I noticed the boxes on top of the cabinets: 3 years warranty.... I immediately called Lasko. They admitted that they no longer produced one of the read receipts... No wonder we had such bad luck with ours.... They were going to replace with a different model. No problem... They made me read the cords, the receipts, the units... They wanted the cords cut and mailed, and receipts. I did all that.

One more expense, but, they would have replaced 2 of the 4 bad units.... Then, I never received anything, so I called them again. Now, it became a phone tag chase... They alleged that they had 1 cord, no receipts... One lady said that she could see that things had likely fallen out during shipping... (or perhaps in their hands...) Hunted. More receipts sent. Many contacts, letters. They do not answer their phone supposedly "due to Coronavirus"... Give me a break... Can't answer a phone during Coronavirus???? Online Chat has been attempted numerous times, all to no avail... They have a site, so I e-mailed them that way.... No reply ever... That left the mail.... So, I sent letters and receipts again.... NO replies at all.

This year alone, we bought 8 Lasko Space Heaters and 6 Lasko fans.... We seldom use the items. So, I do not know if they are a good product, or not. I buy in quantity to have extra items in case we need them... just to be prepared. I am angry that the Lasko Company wrote 3-year warranty, and does not stand behind it... It is unfair, deceitful, false advertisement... To be put through extra mailing expenses, and all that running around for nothing.... just to be ignored, is simply ruthless. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I purchased the Lasko Designer Ceramic Heater #6435 on December 27th, 2019. I used the heater approximately 15 times since purchasing it. On March 31, 2020, the electrical cord caught fire at the outlet. Fortunately it was the only thing plugged into that outlet at the time, so the damage was to my wall and outlet only in addition to the heater cord. The heater was on low at the time and I had been using it for about an hour. There was nothing wrong with my outlet. The plug fit snugly into the outlet originally and afterward it was fused to my outlet and I had to yank it out so hard that it pulled the plate off the wall. I ordered this on Walmart's website so I have proof of purchase. I will contact the company and update this review. I think there needs to be some type of legal action taken against this company.

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Bought numerous Lasko Space Heaters these past 3-4 years, for all the rental Units. There were problems. Units were not as great as expected. Two were discarded. Recently, I noticed the boxes said 3-year warranty, and, we were about to discard 2 more units... So, I contacted the Company. They said that they no longer produce that model (that explains why we had so much bad luck with our units.) But, they'd replace with a different model. Now, they wanted the receipts and cords. I found the receipts, and read the receipts and numbers from the machines and the cords, over the phone. Now, they wanted things mailed. So, I did all that. Then, they said that they only received one cord.... And, they also claimed that the numbers from the cords and machines, were 10 years old. So, the excuses for not honoring the warranty: don't make the same models, models are 10 years old, missing a cord, missing receipts.

I could not sleep.... I felt cheated and disrespected.... Once you mail the receipts...how can they say that they never got it? They claim to have received a cord... Well, that proves that something was bought, and mailed... (Plus, I had read the receipts on the phone before mailing them...) I took a picture of what was left in the garage (boxes and units), before discarding everything, and made a copy of when the rental units were purchased, which was not yet 5 years... That, should have proven that we had been good customers, had bought many units, and the copy of the property, being less than 5 years...proved the purchase to likely be less than 5... And who would have bought the space heaters the same day as the rental units? Of course not... So, we were within the 3-year warranty, as read on the phone....

One lady called and admitted that the tapes were torn, and, that, likely, a cord and the receipts had fallen out, but, she still had 1 cord... The honest, decent thing to do, would have been to replace the units, and thank us for being such good customers? I never heard any further, and never received any replacements. I phoned today.... And, they will NOT replace the space heaters. So....before doing business with Lasko Company...think about this story. I felt disrespected and cheated, and still do. In my opinion of the events, Lasko Company is NOT an honorable, decent Company. SHAME on Lasko Company for producing bad space heaters, and mistreating and disrespecting customers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Bought my Lasco heater from Lowes in Mustang OK. Used the heater about 10 times MAYBE in my garage on chilly evenings. Now does not work. Called and they said since I had no receipt and the manufacturing date on the plug said the unit was over 5 years in age they could do nothing to help me. After looking at all these reviews I wonder if most customers are treated the same.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

At first I thought the heater (Lasko Model CT22410) was emitting a strange odor but I later discovered that the odor was coming from my outlet which was overloading. I removed the heater and purchased another brand. The odor was the same when I turned on the second heater. The heater was pulling more watts (1500) than the outlet would allow because I also had a salt lamp pulling the same amount of watts plugged in to the same line. The room I use the heater in is a new addition that was wired for a specific amount of wattage use. The outlet burned and circuit breaker tripped. Thank God my house did not catch on fire! I called an electrician and he explained all this to me. I no longer have an issue with the heaters now because I have now moved my salt lamp to another room of the house which was wired differently years ago. Plus, I now have two space heaters that work fine.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have 2 Lasko towers. I have had no problems with them and I don't understand why so many 1 stars. Either you're plugging it into a breaker that can't handle more than 30 watts. REPLACE IT. If you have 3 heaters well that is just stupid if you run them at the same time. That's you not lasko.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

This review is for Lasko CC13700 Digital Ceramic Heater Manufactured Feb 2019 Purchased 11/11/19. This is my first impression because I’ve had it for less than 24 hours. HINT: I saved the receipt with the packing materials so that if there is a problem, I will quickly return it to the store. I gave it one star because Lasko demonstrates that it is an unethical company: The outside of the box says “Lasko cares about the planet.” That sound like hypocritical “greenwashing” because they don’t even care about the users of their products.

The fan has a high intensity hazardous magnetic field that extends more than 36” from the unit AND from the plug. Overusing a fan appliance too close to where you sleep or work causes illness and death from cancer due to long-term magnetic field exposure which slowly damages nearby parts of the body. There was no warning in the user manual. (It mentions the other “RF” field but not as a health risk.) I have no problem with setting it up away from human activity because I have a meter and I checked the field, but what about the users who don’t know the risk? I guess the people who run Walmart, Lasko and Intertek are happy that they got their money but the people who run these companies should be called out for failing to warn about the magnetic fields generated by their products. They show disregard for the users of their products by putting user’s lives at risk.

Anyway, I bought it at the last minute before a cold snap without shopping around so my choices were limited to what was available 9:30 PM at Walmart. It was very pricey at $54. I didn’t know it had so many bad reviews until after I started using it. After opening I found The manufacturer name printed on the bottom the heater is Intertek. I had a Patton heater made by Intertek that was defective out of the box and designed to fail early due to a faulty overheat shutoff sensor hardwired in so that it could not be conveniently replaced and it had a weak fan motor which frequently stopped with glowing coils.

The Lasko CC13700 box has a stated 3 year warranty but many of the one star reviews about Lasko heaters at www.consumeraffairs.com say that Lasko doesn’t respond to honor the warranty. The handle is definitely NOT ergonomic. It is a shallow indentation with a flat, slick surface. It looks like you are supposed to stick your fingers into it, but when you try to carefully pick it up, the heavy center of gravity pulls it backward like it was intentionally designed to slip off the fingers. If you try to counter-grip the other side with your thumb, it is curved so that it would just as easily slip out of the hand. I think they intentionally made it easy to drop. You have to gently lift with the fingers and support the bottom with the other hand. The external filter seems like a good innovation but one minor issue that I have it that the flimsy plastic cover will be easy to break or lose.

It works OK as a heater with no noticeable fire hazard: The plug stayed relatively cool in the outlet and the air from the vent was instantly hot and raised the temperature outside of the bathroom by 3 degrees overnight while it dropped to 13 degrees outside. It has the usual toxic chemical odor that is normal for a new heater. I knew about that risk but I also did not see a warning on the box or in the user manual.

Anyway, it was too cold outdoors to air out the house and I woke up with the nasal irritation mentioned in other reviews. There is no hole to oil the fan and according to the manual I would have to wait 3 years to maintain the appliance to avoid voiding the warranty (which increases the chance of the fan burning out). It also has unusual 6 point screws which may require a special tool to open. Just like my other Intertek heater (which no longer works), this looks very nice with shiny black plastic, but I try to avoid touching it or smudging the surface.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Just bought this at Walmart. It literally worked for 5 minutes, then started flashing "88." Have tried unplugging it, plugging back in, pressing all the buttons--nothing works. And of course there's no user guide to even tell me what the error code means.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Bought this heater at Bed Bath and Beyond for a small bathroom. Heater is less than a year old.. Worked ok. One went into bathroom and power was off on the outlets. The heater tripped breaker and it was not even on. It was almost $40. Just threw out the box. May try to return anyway. I have 2 other Lasko heaters. Long baseboard type. I have had them for years. The thermostat is off. It runs way past temp that it set on. 86 degrees instead of 77 degrees... But still work..

Original review: April 10, 2019

I own 6 small Lasko ceramic heaters. The knobs usually break within days of getting them home. I paid for new knobs and of course, they sent the wrong ones. I wrote - no response. I called - no one called back. I won't be buying from them again. They just don't care apparently.

Lasko Heaters author review by Shawn Bayless

Founded in 1906 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Lasko is now an international home air comfort company with manufacturing faciliities in Tennessee and Texas. Lasko designs and builds air purifiers, fans, heaters, humidifiers and more. Its product innovation focuses on cooling, heating and cleaning the air in your home for optimal comfort and efficiency.

• Large product selection: Lasko offers a wide selection of products for all of your home air comfort needs. They offer slim profile HEPA air filters; air circulator, lower, box, desktop, pedestal and tower fans; ceramic, pedestal, tower and utility heaters; outdoor misting and non-misting fans; humidifiers; power toolboxes and more.

• Replacement parts: Many electronics companies make it difficult to find replacement parts that work with their products. Lasko offers nearly any part or accessory you might need to replace through its website. You can contact customer care and let them know the product model number and part that you need.

• Product warranties: Lasko offers a one-year or longer warranty on all of its products (the length of the warranty depends on the product). Simply save your receipt and if your product has any defects in workmanship or materials over the first year of use, contact Lasko for repair or replacement service.

• Leader in bladeless technology: Bladeless heaters and fans offer a safe option for room comfort in a compact, streamlined design. Lasko’s Air Logic bladeless tower fan and heater both feature a timer, heat and cool settings and widespread oscillation.

• Helpful product guides: Lasko’s website offers several guides to help customers select the right product to fit their needs. You can get advice on what type of fan to choose for your bedroom or dormitory, what type of portable heater is best for you, how to choose a humidifier and more.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Lasko Heaters Company Information