Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Help me decide

4.0/5 (81 ratings)
Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lasko Heaters

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lasko Heaters Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lasko Heaters?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lasko Heaters?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

We have a Rental Business, and bought numerous Lasko Space Heaters, and Fans. Did not have good luck with some units. Discarded a couple. Was about to discard 2 more when I noticed the boxes on top of the cabinets: 3 years warranty.... I immediately called Lasko. They admitted that they no longer produced one of the read receipts... No wonder we had such bad luck with ours.... They were going to replace with a different model. No problem... They made me read the cords, the receipts, the units... They wanted the cords cut and mailed, and receipts. I did all that.

One more expense, but, they would have replaced 2 of the 4 bad units.... Then, I never received anything, so I called them again. Now, it became a phone tag chase... They alleged that they had 1 cord, no receipts... One lady said that she could see that things had likely fallen out during shipping... (or perhaps in their hands...) Hunted. More receipts sent. Many contacts, letters. They do not answer their phone supposedly "due to Coronavirus"... Give me a break... Can't answer a phone during Coronavirus???? Online Chat has been attempted numerous times, all to no avail... They have a site, so I e-mailed them that way.... No reply ever... That left the mail.... So, I sent letters and receipts again.... NO replies at all.

This year alone, we bought 8 Lasko Space Heaters and 6 Lasko fans.... We seldom use the items. So, I do not know if they are a good product, or not. I buy in quantity to have extra items in case we need them... just to be prepared. I am angry that the Lasko Company wrote 3-year warranty, and does not stand behind it... It is unfair, deceitful, false advertisement... To be put through extra mailing expenses, and all that running around for nothing.... just to be ignored, is simply ruthless. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I purchased the Lasko Designer Ceramic Heater #6435 on December 27th, 2019. I used the heater approximately 15 times since purchasing it. On March 31, 2020, the electrical cord caught fire at the outlet. Fortunately it was the only thing plugged into that outlet at the time, so the damage was to my wall and outlet only in addition to the heater cord. The heater was on low at the time and I had been using it for about an hour. There was nothing wrong with my outlet. The plug fit snugly into the outlet originally and afterward it was fused to my outlet and I had to yank it out so hard that it pulled the plate off the wall. I ordered this on Walmart's website so I have proof of purchase. I will contact the company and update this review. I think there needs to be some type of legal action taken against this company.

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Bought numerous Lasko Space Heaters these past 3-4 years, for all the rental Units. There were problems. Units were not as great as expected. Two were discarded. Recently, I noticed the boxes said 3-year warranty, and, we were about to discard 2 more units... So, I contacted the Company. They said that they no longer produce that model (that explains why we had so much bad luck with our units.) But, they'd replace with a different model. Now, they wanted the receipts and cords. I found the receipts, and read the receipts and numbers from the machines and the cords, over the phone. Now, they wanted things mailed. So, I did all that. Then, they said that they only received one cord.... And, they also claimed that the numbers from the cords and machines, were 10 years old. So, the excuses for not honoring the warranty: don't make the same models, models are 10 years old, missing a cord, missing receipts.

I could not sleep.... I felt cheated and disrespected.... Once you mail the receipts...how can they say that they never got it? They claim to have received a cord... Well, that proves that something was bought, and mailed... (Plus, I had read the receipts on the phone before mailing them...) I took a picture of what was left in the garage (boxes and units), before discarding everything, and made a copy of when the rental units were purchased, which was not yet 5 years... That, should have proven that we had been good customers, had bought many units, and the copy of the property, being less than 5 years...proved the purchase to likely be less than 5... And who would have bought the space heaters the same day as the rental units? Of course not... So, we were within the 3-year warranty, as read on the phone....

One lady called and admitted that the tapes were torn, and, that, likely, a cord and the receipts had fallen out, but, she still had 1 cord... The honest, decent thing to do, would have been to replace the units, and thank us for being such good customers? I never heard any further, and never received any replacements. I phoned today.... And, they will NOT replace the space heaters. So....before doing business with Lasko Company...think about this story. I felt disrespected and cheated, and still do. In my opinion of the events, Lasko Company is NOT an honorable, decent Company. SHAME on Lasko Company for producing bad space heaters, and mistreating and disrespecting customers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Bought my Lasco heater from Lowes in Mustang OK. Used the heater about 10 times MAYBE in my garage on chilly evenings. Now does not work. Called and they said since I had no receipt and the manufacturing date on the plug said the unit was over 5 years in age they could do nothing to help me. After looking at all these reviews I wonder if most customers are treated the same.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

At first I thought the heater (Lasko Model CT22410) was emitting a strange odor but I later discovered that the odor was coming from my outlet which was overloading. I removed the heater and purchased another brand. The odor was the same when I turned on the second heater. The heater was pulling more watts (1500) than the outlet would allow because I also had a salt lamp pulling the same amount of watts plugged in to the same line. The room I use the heater in is a new addition that was wired for a specific amount of wattage use. The outlet burned and circuit breaker tripped. Thank God my house did not catch on fire! I called an electrician and he explained all this to me. I no longer have an issue with the heaters now because I have now moved my salt lamp to another room of the house which was wired differently years ago. Plus, I now have two space heaters that work fine.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have 2 Lasko towers. I have had no problems with them and I don't understand why so many 1 stars. Either you're plugging it into a breaker that can't handle more than 30 watts. REPLACE IT. If you have 3 heaters well that is just stupid if you run them at the same time. That's you not lasko.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Just bought this at Walmart. It literally worked for 5 minutes, then started flashing "88." Have tried unplugging it, plugging back in, pressing all the buttons--nothing works. And of course there's no user guide to even tell me what the error code means.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Bought this heater at Bed Bath and Beyond for a small bathroom. Heater is less than a year old.. Worked ok. One went into bathroom and power was off on the outlets. The heater tripped breaker and it was not even on. It was almost $40. Just threw out the box. May try to return anyway. I have 2 other Lasko heaters. Long baseboard type. I have had them for years. The thermostat is off. It runs way past temp that it set on. 86 degrees instead of 77 degrees... But still work..

Original review: April 10, 2019

I own 6 small Lasko ceramic heaters. The knobs usually break within days of getting them home. I paid for new knobs and of course, they sent the wrong ones. I wrote - no response. I called - no one called back. I won't be buying from them again. They just don't care apparently.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I'm echoing the sentiments of most prior reviews. I bought the CT22410 for my Very small apartment. I just needed something to take the edge off. This heater was relatively inexpensive, had a remote and a timer function. The first one lasted one week before it just wouldn't come back on. I found a suggestion online to shake it and unplug it for 10 minutes. That worked but I bought another because it did produce the heat I wanted but I wasn't about to unplug and shake it prior to each use. The second one, somewhere within one month of purchase, fried the outlet, the plug in from the unit, and melted the plug inside the outlet. I almost tore the outlet from the wall trying to unplug the POS. It's a good thing it didn't start a fire and dang lucky no doubt.

You know, one or two bad units and reviews can be written off as anomalies. The same can be said for just one or two good units and reviews. People if you care anything about your safety amd that of your family, pets, neighbors and friends, RUN away from this company and don't look back. Their heaters are disasters waiting for the next family (and home) to destroy. You'd be better off with an open campfire in your living room. No false sense of security with a campfire. DO NOT BUY THESE HEATERS. THEY ARE ELECTRICALLY FAULTY. SPEND $20 MORE DOLLARS FOR ONE THAT WON'T KILL YOU!

Lasko Heaters author review by Shawn Bayless

Founded in 1906 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Lasko is now an international home air comfort company with manufacturing faciliities in Tennessee and Texas. Lasko designs and builds air purifiers, fans, heaters, humidifiers and more. Its product innovation focuses on cooling, heating and cleaning the air in your home for optimal comfort and efficiency.

• Large product selection: Lasko offers a wide selection of products for all of your home air comfort needs. They offer slim profile HEPA air filters; air circulator, lower, box, desktop, pedestal and tower fans; ceramic, pedestal, tower and utility heaters; outdoor misting and non-misting fans; humidifiers; power toolboxes and more.

• Replacement parts: Many electronics companies make it difficult to find replacement parts that work with their products. Lasko offers nearly any part or accessory you might need to replace through its website. You can contact customer care and let them know the product model number and part that you need.

• Product warranties: Lasko offers a one-year or longer warranty on all of its products (the length of the warranty depends on the product). Simply save your receipt and if your product has any defects in workmanship or materials over the first year of use, contact Lasko for repair or replacement service.

• Leader in bladeless technology: Bladeless heaters and fans offer a safe option for room comfort in a compact, streamlined design. Lasko’s Air Logic bladeless tower fan and heater both feature a timer, heat and cool settings and widespread oscillation.

• Helpful product guides: Lasko’s website offers several guides to help customers select the right product to fit their needs. You can get advice on what type of fan to choose for your bedroom or dormitory, what type of portable heater is best for you, how to choose a humidifier and more.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Lasko Heaters Company Information