Black & Decker Coffee Maker
2.16/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Black & Decker Coffee Maker

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Black & Decker Coffee Maker Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Just purchased the CM2036 Black + Decker Thermal Coffee Maker. Worst maker I ever purchased. There is not a brew setting on the machine that does not produce coffee without grounds in the pot. Their Sneak-A-Cup feature (pouring a cup during the brew cycle), results in a mess because the brew basket drips excessively. Wasted $54.00 on this machine, have had it one week, now it's in the trash. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER OF THEIR PRODUCTS.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Purchased for the hubby and it started leaking from the bottom months ago. I contacted Black & Decker who stated: Response from Jim Customer Service:

"Thank you for offering your feedback regarding your Black + Decker CM5000B. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve experienced with your coffee maker. I’ve taken action by documenting your complaint, and I want to fully resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Your coffee maker has a two year warranty. Please reply to the email I’ve sent you from youropinionmatters@spectrumbrands.com, so I can address your concerns." I've responded several times to "JIM" and Black & Decker but have gotten no help on this matter.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have bought 2 in last 3 months and all of them have died. This last one lasted 2 months. One before 2.5 weeks. It use to be a good product. Now it's a waste of money. First one wouldn't turn on at all. Second one turned on but doesn't make coffee. Horrible, frustrated, and waste of time buying.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Black and Decker 12 cup programmable coffee maker model DCM2160BC is an absolute piece of crap that leaks all over the counter every time you pour a cup. The pot is such a poor design. It is a design flaw that should be recalled. It doesn't matter how carefully you try and pour it. I am so frustrated that I am going to smash this garbage coffee maker just so I can get some satisfaction from the experience. DO NOT BUY THIS COFFEE MAKER. Wish I could leave a no star review. I love my morning coffee but this makes my morning frustrating. I don't want anyone else to go through this.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

No safety lock to secure pot into place. Coffee maker will continue to brew even if pot is not in proper position causing hot coffee to overflow onto counter top, downsides of cabinet and onto floor burning whatever is in its path. Too risky for pets and small children. Mine is in trash now before a burn injury happens.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I've had several B&D coffee makers, and have been extremely satisfied with all of them until now. I love the convenience of the removable water reservoir, but if I set up the machine to make coffee automatically in the morning, water has leaked all over my counters when I awake. How can this be resolved? I currently have to pour the water into the reservoir immediately before brewing, and sometimes still have water leaking. It is coming from beneath the reservoir, so it appears that the connection isn't sealing. Help!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

What can I say? The coffee maker is beautiful to look at. I love the coffee pot. But, after 3 months, it just quit. Over and out. Walked in one morning to make coffee and "lights out". I unplugged it and re-plugged it. Moved it to different outlets. Done. Dead. Fin! Contacted Black & Decker and their response, in short, was "Too bad, so sad, lights out."

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

The Black & Decker Coffee Maker has a timer so that if I want to get my coffee ready before bed, it will automatically go off in the morning before I get up. I get out of bed and my coffee is already made and ready to go. The only thing I would improve is the time it take to make the coffee, it is very slow and takes about 10 minutes to make a half a pot of coffee, which sucks when I am in a hurry because I forgot to preset it the night before. Other than that, it is pretty cut and dry. The settings are easy and obvious and the thing it works for my family. It does what we need it to do which is make coffee.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I like the Timer set Auto-brew feature, full-size coffee pot and single brew compartment with travel mug, and ability to control the strength of the brew of coffee. But I would like the ability to be able to use the single serve compartment and the full-size coffee pot at the same time. And make the size of the coffee maker more slender. But this coffee pot overall is hassle-free for busy adults like myself and exceeded my expectations. It is very simple to use and control the strength of the brew.

Original review: July 28, 2017

The Black & Decker Coffee Maker was on sale at the time we needed a coffee maker. It had an extra pot with it. And it was rated as a good coffee maker. It worked very well and it had a feature to adjust how strong you like your coffee. But I dislike using the filters on it. The timer was a little hard to work at first. It didn't match the rest of my kitchen but we made it fit in. It took up a lot of counter space. So I would like to find a smaller coffee maker. But it is simple. We use it every day. My husband drinks a lot of coffee so it makes 12 cups for him. For what I paid it meets my needs and does what it is suppose to do.

Black & Decker expert review by Jonathan Trout

BLACK+DECKER makes a variety of home appliances for the kitchen. They make multiple models of drip coffee makers in different capacities, from two to 12 cups. BLACK+DECKER doesn’t sell their coffee makers on their website. You can type in your zip code on their website for the closest dealer.

• Personal coffee makers: BLACK+DECKER makes three models of single-serve coffee makers. They come in either black or stainless steel and all have an auto shutoff feature. One model comes with a stainless steel coffee mug designed to retain heat.

• SpaceMaker coffeemaker: BLACK+DECKER’s SpaceMaker coffeemaker is designed to mount underneath cabinets to free up counter space. They’re great for apartments and RVs and brew up to 12 cups of coffee. It comes with programmable scheduling, a removable water reservoir, auto shutoff and step-by-step mounting instructions. The SpaceMaker comes with a two-year limited warranty.

• Dual Brew Coffeemaker: BLACK+DECKER’s Dual Brew Coffeemaker lets you brew a single cup of coffee into a travel mug for the road or a full, 12-cup pot. The single-serve side is K-cup compatible. You can choose from six single serve options and two full-carafe options with one touch.

• Mill & Brew Coffeemaker: The Mill & Brew Coffeemaker comes with a built-in coffee bean grinder. You can program your desired brew strength, time settings and auto-brew features. It comes with a cleanable water filter that’s attached to the grinder, eliminating the need for paper filters.

• Thermal carafes: Some BLACK+DECKER coffee makers come with a thermal carafe. Thermal carafes are vacuum sealed so your pot of coffee stays hot until you’re ready to pour it.

• Best for: consumers wanting a variety of drip coffee makers.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout