2. Homeowners

Black & Decker Coffee Maker

Black & Decker Coffee Maker
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.49/5

Black & Decker Coffee Maker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker Coffee Maker?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: July 28, 2020

Convenient. 12 cup pot and takes K-cups. Strength is 3 settings so I can buy Regular coffee and make it as strong as weak as I want. Cleans great, perfect size and for someone on budget you can have it all in one especially on go and after long days at Drs several times a week. Also store bought creamers and homemade flavored are awesome. Gets me through a lot. K-cups are on sale a lot more.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Black & Decker coffee maker stands out from the rest because of the size of the item, and it’s upgraded features it continuously keeps up with. The improvement I think should be made with this coffee maker is the time it takes to brew the coffee. I think it should complete brewing a cup of coffee faster. Overall, this is the brand I have been most satisfied with over all the rest of them.

Get buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Generic coffee maker to keep in the kitchen. It's affordable but if you can afford a Keurig, get that instead or a Ninja coffee maker. I felt like the design of the coffee maker was very cute but the coffee pot itself I would not buy over again in the future. The coffee pot only lasted about six months before I started having problems with it.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I've had this Black&Decker coffee maker for over 5 years and have never had an issue. Just a little bit bigger than other brands but not so much as to make a difference. Takes less than 2 minutes to brew a whole pot (8 cups). Basic features, but the best one is the timer to have coffee ready when I get up.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Excellent brew taste faster than others. Always hot and stays nicely warm a hour or more after dispersed. Coffee maker is very reliable and very simple to use. We love that you can take a cup while it's brewing and it stops then continues when done. We also like the look of the system and choice of colors to match your kitchen. We are very happy with our Black and Decker coffee maker and we will continue to buy this brand when needed. Thank you. A very satisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Practical and affordable. Black and Decker keeps its name In dependability, performance, and functionality. Basic and standard performance but not a lot of Choice in features or colors. Easy to use.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

The first thing that appealed to me was the cost. I am very impressed because the temperature of the coffee (hot) is perfect for me. It brews quickly. Has timer which allows me to set up everything the night before and simply push one button the next morning.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

My Black & Decker coffee maker is sleek, programmable, brews a great cup or pot. I love the look of it. It is stainless steel with blue digital readout. It is very easy to clean. I have it placed on the counter, in a corner, along with everything I need to make my brew. It looks great and performs even better.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

It can be mounted under the cabinet or sit on top. It doesn't have a bunch of fancy features but brews a good cup of coffee every time for the past 10 or 15 years. Maybe it has lasted so long because it is simple.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

This coffee maker is so great it doesn't give me any problem. To tell the truth I had a Keurig and I just didn't like it. The Black and Decker wouldn't take long to brew and is so easy to clean. I really enjoy the taste of my coffee from this machine.

Black & Decker author review by Jonathan Trout

BLACK+DECKER makes a variety of home appliances for the kitchen. They make multiple models of drip coffee makers in different capacities, from two to 12 cups. BLACK+DECKER doesn’t sell their coffee makers on their website. You can type in your zip code on their website for the closest dealer.

• Personal coffee makers: BLACK+DECKER makes three models of single-serve coffee makers. They come in either black or stainless steel and all have an auto shutoff feature. One model comes with a stainless steel coffee mug designed to retain heat.

• SpaceMaker coffeemaker: BLACK+DECKER’s SpaceMaker coffeemaker is designed to mount underneath cabinets to free up counter space. They’re great for apartments and RVs and brew up to 12 cups of coffee. It comes with programmable scheduling, a removable water reservoir, auto shutoff and step-by-step mounting instructions. The SpaceMaker comes with a two-year limited warranty.

• Dual Brew Coffeemaker: BLACK+DECKER’s Dual Brew Coffeemaker lets you brew a single cup of coffee into a travel mug for the road or a full, 12-cup pot. The single-serve side is K-cup compatible. You can choose from six single serve options and two full-carafe options with one touch.

• Mill & Brew Coffeemaker: The Mill & Brew Coffeemaker comes with a built-in coffee bean grinder. You can program your desired brew strength, time settings and auto-brew features. It comes with a cleanable water filter that’s attached to the grinder, eliminating the need for paper filters.

• Thermal carafes: Some BLACK+DECKER coffee makers come with a thermal carafe. Thermal carafes are vacuum sealed so your pot of coffee stays hot until you’re ready to pour it.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team