4.03/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Black & Decker Coffee Maker

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 20, 2017

331 Black & Decker Coffee Maker Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 16, 2017

I'm able to sneak a cup of coffee while it is brewing by pulling glass carafe off burner and the brewing stream stops long enough to pour one cup and then replace. However I don't like the heating plate the carafe sits on. It has a habit of getting burned out if it gets wet from removing carafe to sneak a cup or if bottom of carafe is wet. But I like the style and type of Black and Decker countertop model. It's easy to set up right from box and easy to use, brews great coffee time and time again, easy pour carafe, and keeps brewed coffee warm when done brewing while sitting on base plate.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Meets expectations and it works. I use it multiple times per day. It's easy to use and it makes a little or a lot of coffee. Keeps coffee hot and is quick too. I like coffee so I'm easy to please and the pot was cheap. I still use it even 5 years later but over time, the pot starts to leak. I don't have any real problems though. I even got a second one for my house after bringing the first one to work. And I'm still using it at work and I will use it as long as I can. I wish it was easier to clean though. If it stays wet, it will grow mold. Other than that, I love the pot.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I just got a cheap one. Just an everyday coffee maker, just plain and uncomplicated. It brews good coffee and it fits my color scheme. It seems to do well but it would be nice if it worked a lot faster. It is kind of slow. I like to have my coffee now not 15 min later. Would be faster just to grab a cup at Mickey D's or someplace.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I had this one for the longest time like 3 years. I like the fact it has measure marks on cups of coffee. We drink about 4 cups a morning and this works for us. I have no problems with this Black & Decker when it come to making coffee. However, everything appliance have clocks and I do not use them. Would like to have one coffee maker without a clock and I would like to see amount of chart on the inside. But I like that it has a heating plate under the coffee pot and keeps the coffee hot when in pot. I also like that it will turn off automatically after 2 hours.

Original review: July 14, 2017

It's a standard coffee maker and it's been a really good coffee pot. Never have had one thing go wrong with it and it worked really well, still does. I bought it 6 years ago and I still own the coffee pot. It met all my needs with no problem. I love Black and Decker products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Black & Decker?

Original review: July 14, 2017

I like the amount of coffee that fills the carafe and how quickly it brews. It also has a setting to start the brew and a clock on the base of it. To me the clock is a great feature especially when having to prepare for an early morning. Making brewing almost thoughtless for me. But I would say that cleaning it can be challenging, and washing the inside a bit tricky. If there was a tool to help with cleaning it that would be wonderful. But it is very simple application, that is one reason why I chose this model in the first place. It really meets my expectations and for the price it was well worth it for certain.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have owned other coffee makers and none have compared to the one I got my significant other as gift. We both love it. I love how big the pot is and how quick my coffee comes out. It has quick and easy setting and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to operate it. Also very easy to clean and store. It's perfect for my home. I think every home should have my coffee maker. Go out and get a Black & Decker. It's the best coffee maker.

Original review: July 12, 2017

It is very easy to use and start pot. I like the clock which can program to start and auto shut off. It has a large pour spout to prevent spill. Although it still drips some, but not as much as smaller pouring spout. I like the reservoir window also, can choose amount of coffee you wish to make. I can also use fresh ground, canned or in pouch. I like the self cleaning feature as well. But the area that holds coffee is coned shaped which makes it harder to clean. Area could be round and serve same purpose. Have been using Black & Decker for over 20 years and it has lasted longer than other brands. Styles have changed some, but all were very pleasant to use. Would recommend.

Original review: July 11, 2017

The Black and Decker Coffee Maker is simple to use and make a pot of coffee. Great appliance for the price and it's also the perfect size for a mid-sized kitchen. The exterior is free of attachments and the design is relatively sleek, which makes the exterior easy to clean. The cup markings on the carafe are easy to read. I can also find filters that fit perfectly inside and it's a pretty modern design, so it fits any decor. But coffee has a tendency to build up an oily residue in the inner parts and because the model I have is so small it’s not easy to clean with a dishrag and I don't really want to invest in different size bottle brushes just to clean a coffee maker.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Fool me once--shame on you. Fool me twice--shame on me. Fool me three times--I'm a glutton for punishment. Fool me FOUR TIMES, I'm an idiot for buying another B&D 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker. All 4 stopped working after a ridiculously short lifespan. The first was about 1 years--I took it on the chin since I usually make 2 full pots per day. The second lasted only 9 months but I was giving B&D the benefit of the doubt that I had simply purchased a defective unit. Then I actually bought another brand--it lasted for almost 3 years--but was unbelievably hard to program. It had all kinds of bells and whistles that I really didn't need so I was sort of glad when it died.

I decided to give B&D another chance with the same results--only this time death came after only 6 months. By that time, I was retired and living on a fixed income and the cheapest model on the store shelf was Black & Decker. Thinking my luck had to change, I bought a 4th simply because I felt it was all I could afford with the worst result ever: It stopped working after only 3 months. I have learned my lesson and am licking my wounds--I will NEVER AGAIN buy any product (appliance or power tool) with the name BLACK and DECKER.

Original review: April 29, 2017

The coffee maker itself works fine. I haven't had any issues with that part. The design itself isn't very good with the tight grinding basket and retaining a lot moisture in the lid and upper parts, however the darn carafe bottom is all rusty and the seal is starting to separate from the base. Too much condensation gathers at the bottom. This is the first time I've had any problems with any coffee maker bottom and shocked that it wasn't sealed properly and would rust like this. Horribly made. I've owned this coffee pot less than 7 months and it shouldn't look like this! I keep it clean and nothing I've been able to do to stop this rust from getting worse. It looks like it's filthy all the time!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Spacemaker under cabinet coffee maker - This is a replacement for the same model that did the same thing. Brew Basket overflows spilling water, coffee and coffee grounds on the counter, cabinet fronts and floor. It must be the world's worst coffee maker. I removed the "sneak a cup" gizmo thinking it was causing a restriction. Didn't matter. Just finished cleaning up a huge mess for the last time. Taking it to the trash can.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I have purchased three Black & Decker coffee pots, and they all have broken within the first two weeks to a month. The main problem being the water will not cycle into the filter with the coffee grounds. I will never buy another Black & Decker coffee pot. I am so disappointed. I wonder when will Black & Decker look into their faulty product. I have seen many complaints and I don't see any resolutions to any ones problems. I don't see any one got refunded their money or a replacement product. I don't see how our Government allows a company to continue to operate selling faulty equipment.

Original review: July 18, 2016

My 12-cup Programmable coffeemaker is about two (2) months old. I have come to the conclusion your coffeemaker is crap. I can see the water percolating through the side of the coffeemaker but it not being pumped through the grounds and filter. I started this pot at 7:45am and it is now 9:45am and I still don't have a cup of coffee. I have used vinegar thinking it needed cleaning. Eventually the water came out clear. Nothing was in the filter to indicate the tubing was clogged. It is worst today than last week. Like I said before I have come to the conclusion this coffeemaker is crap.

Original review: July 12, 2016

This coffee maker was purchased about 6 months ago. The first month it worked well. After that, it did not work well. It would overflow. It would put coffee grounds in with the coffee. No amount of coffee filters used would stop coffee grains from mixing in with coffee. In short, IT IS A HORRIBLE COFFEE MAKER. I am going back to Mr. Coffee. They work.

Original review: June 1, 2016

I bought this about a year ago but have only used it several times during a week of vacation last year. My other maker at home stopped working so I got this one out of the box and started using daily. It started out working fine but about 2 weeks ago it would perk about a half a pot then get all clogged up, spilling coffee and grounds on the counter and grounds in the pot. To clean it I have to pour a bowl of water into the area where the filter goes and try(!) to catch all of it in a bowl below it just to get all the grounds out of that area. This is on top of all the other clean up that has to be done! And I always have to pour a cup of coffee while holding it over the sink. It runs out onto the counter otherwise. Having a yard sale in a couple of weeks... but won't even give this away. This is going directly into the trash. I'm going back to Mr Coffee!

Original review: April 28, 2016

I've bought Black & Decker coffee makers. Now I have 2 broken makers within the last 93 days time for a different brand.

Original review: March 24, 2016

Over the last 7 months I have owned two Black & Decker coffee makers. One 12 cup and other a 4 cup. 12 cup failed after 3 months so I replaced it with the 4 cup. Now 4 months later the 4 cup has failed. So unimpressed with the quality.

Original review: March 19, 2016

I bought the Black and Decker coffee maker less than a year ago. It did a good job for a few months, it started slowing down, not making a full pot. I turned it on 2 days ago and nothing happened, warmer was cold, I shut it off and have retried it daily since then. It's dead on the counter. It wasn't expensive to some but to me it was. Will Not buy another of the Black and Decker Brand unless I am offered a solution.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I bought a single cup coffee maker on Amazon, which was great for making single servings of hot coffee or tea without having to use specialty pod or filter. After 4 months of daily use, it started shutting off halfway into brewing. Searched online for replacement but could not find one. Wrote a review of my experience on B&D's website for that particular coffee maker. I received an email from the company the very next day. They sent me a replacement within a couple of weeks... WOW!!! I am so impressed... They now have a loyal B&D customer for life!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

Black & Decker DLX1050w - I bought this model and used it for about 3 years and one day it stopped working. I thought it lasted 3 years and made good coffee so I bought another one and this one died the same way after 2 years. Hit the power button, the light comes on. You can hear the relay inside click but it doesn't circulate the water or heat up.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I bought this at Target two months ago. It suddenly stopped working. It will brew one bitter cup of coffee at a time if I repeated press the start button. This is really bad. Hoping I can get a refund. Don't have the receipt as I expect coffee makers to last around 5 years.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

I received the 12 cup coffee maker as a Christmas gift in 2014 from my mom and I couldn't have been more excited! Having just moved into my first apartment on my own, it was amazing to be given (what I thought was) a really nice, expensive appliance. I felt so grown up getting a gift for the house and knowing that I would use it frequently (I make coffee 3 times a day). I barely got 10 uses off of this before it stopped working. I thought maybe a fuse had blown and that I just needed to relocate the machine? Nope. Maybe the cord was being stretched too far and it needed to be closer to the outlet? No. Maybe it needed to be reset and there was a button I could hit? Ha! No. It's exasperating because I thought this machine would last me a while and that I would have it for YEARS. It's sitting in the corner of my pantry and I'm debating whether it's something that can be returned or if I should just recycle the sad little thing.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

First purchase of Black & Decker coffeemaker & last. Guess I could remove carafe after having coffee but never had to with other brands. Made coffee at 9:25 am w/out timer & at 12:15 am my coffeemaker turned. I love coffee but on my own terms.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

After having a Mr. Coffee 12 cup programmable coffee maker for 4-5 years, it died and I replaced it with a B&D 12 cup programmable coffeemaker from Target. Less than 2 months later, it stopped working. I went to make my coffee this morning and returned 15 minutes later to an empty pot. Unplugged and replugged the machine. Turned power on and off to no avail. Burner was cold, too. Will NOT buy another B&D product. Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I had bought a 12 cup coffee maker in 2012 and it lasted a year. Bought another one Dec of 2014 and this one quit working again. I can't afford to keep buying every 6 Months to a year. I will be choosing another brand.

Original review: July 22, 2015

I had bought myself a brand new Black and Decker coffee pot from Wal-Mart about 4 months ago and I've been very happy cause I never bought a new coffee pot and we needed a good one. So I've been using it daily and all of a sudden it's now blinking power light and shutting on and off rapidly for about 3 days. Now it's just completely shut off. I unplug it and plug back in and it's doing same thing. I'm gonna call Black and Decker today but I will not buy another Black and Decker coffee pot because of the reviews I've read on here. Do yourself a favor buy my coffee.

Original review: July 19, 2015

My husband and I purchased a 12-cup Black and Decker coffee maker from Target (model CM2035B, type 1) and were quite happy with it until it suddenly stopped working by turning itself off. We were told to send in the cut off cord and it would be replaced for an additional $7.00. We did this and were quite pleased again until we began experiencing the exact same problem. We won't bother going through the same ordeal to have it replaced this time as it is obviously a defect in its design. Please have these problems worked out BEFORE selling to the public!! It is impossible to get a good cup of coffee from this machine. I guess it's back to our French press. Sorry if I sound cranky, but I haven't had my coffee!! Very irritated customer.

Original review: July 9, 2015

After less than a year, our coffee maker shut off right after brewing. We emptied it and never turned it back on. When my wife came home from work in the evening, the whole machine was hot even though power was off. Not wishing to test our fire coverage, we said goodbye B & D, hello Mr. Coffee.

Original review: July 4, 2015

I have had several Black & Decker products currently and in the past I've been very happy with. However this coffee maker is a fail. Due to the design, if you do not have the carafe and the brewing basket lined up perfectly during brewing, the basket overflows with hot water/coffee and hot coffee grinds that make a huge mess all over the counter and floor. Depending on how long it sits after overflowing, it becomes a boiling time bomb due to the coffee trapped between the pot and the heating element below.

My son was actually burnt when he tried to move the pot due to the sudden influx of air. This has happened SEVERAL times no matter how much I try to watch and make sure things are lined up just right. I feel like I should not have to babysit my coffee maker to make sure this does not happen. I should be able to just set it and walk away and wait for coffee to brew. Do yourself a favor and find another coffee maker. The only reason I am not angry about this is I feel like it's a "You got what you paid for" situation.

Black & Decker Coffee Maker Company Information