4.9/5 (185 ratings)

About Boca Walk-in Tubs

Boca manufactures customized walk-in tubs that come in seven different sizes, two different colors and three different finishes. Tubs are frameless and have a step-in threshold of 2 inches or lower. Boca walk-in tubs are made in the U.S. and come with a lifetime warranty on all parts and components. The company has been building walk-in tubs for over 10 years and has installed over 5,000 tubs.

Pros

• Lifetime warranty
  • Made of high-quality fiberglass
  • Multiple tub sizes available
  • Frameless walk-in tubs

Cons

• Limited availability
  • Works through tub dealers

Bottom Line

Boca specializes in offering frameless walk-in tubs, with most models having a 2-inch step in. Boca’s walk-in tubs are custom-made and come with features like water- and hydro-therapy.

Boca Walk-in Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boca Walk-in Tubs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boca Walk-in Tubs?

Original review: May 13, 2022

My experience with the Boca sales rep was exciting, and the installers' work was excellent. They showed up, told me what they were gonna do then got it done. They cleaned up and left. I like getting in the tub. It has lights and bubbles, and they're fun. I'd tell friends to get in the tub.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I love my tub. It is fabulous and it was the best thing we ever did. My favorite feature is the hydrotherapy for my back. We recommend Boca Walk-in Tubs to everybody.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The rep was very thorough and explained everything really well. The installer kept things cleaned up and he was careful with everything. The product works well and it feels good when I'm in it. It’s like a bathtub. It has warm water and the jets feel good on my legs and back.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I had a very positive experience with the rep. She was very knowledgeable and professional. She bent over backwards trying to answer my questions and helped me through the decision-making process. I like sitting on the heated seats of the tub. I like the jets too.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I liked Boca’s quality and the different gadgets that came with it. The reps installed the walk-in tub in one day and they did an excellent job. My wife uses it on a daily basis. It's good and safe.

Original review: May 3, 2022

The rep was excellent and I’d recommend him any day to anybody. The installation team came in the morning and they were finished by mid-afternoon. They made some boo-boos, but it's okay. We noticed a few things such as the caulking which was all messed up. It was all over the place. But we like the tub and we’re happy. We got the little microbubbles. I had an injury so the walk-in tub made a big difference for me. It was a good experience and we recommend Boca.

Original review: May 2, 2022

The front panel of the walk-in tub was damaged, which was installed in October. The installer arrived on a Friday night about 7:00 and rather than waiting the next day because his schedule was so tight, he proceeded to install the walk-in tub. I had to help him carry it up the stairs. Afterwards, I found out that I had two torn tendons, which didn't happen then, but it was rather painful carrying it up the stairs. His wife weighed about 75 pounds soaking wet, so she wasn’t helping him carry it up the stairs. Then, we had to turn it around, flip it over to get it through narrow doorways and turns at the top of the stairs. I was texting Boca for a while into November but then I had surgery so I couldn't go back out to my kids' house for it to be installed. I haven't called up to schedule though I did a follow-up.

The tub can be used. It’s just the front panel that attaches. The screw holes were a little forced so, I wanted to make sure I was there when the next one gets installed rather than my kids. It's something that has to be planned and it was a big investment. They're very happy with the tub, but we still need that front panel replaced.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Boca was cheaper than the other brands I looked at. The purchasing of it was very easy to do. I didn't have any problems at all. People were very helpful. They did an excellent job installing it. The tub works quite well. In fact, I gave some feedback that you need to do the air pressure thing, the high, medium, and low. Even the low was too high because it filled the tub up as far as you can. It'll spray water onto the floor. So, that needs to be toned down a little bit. Other than that, it is a great tub.

Original review: April 30, 2022

We love our Boca tub very much. I like the jets, I like soaking in the tub, and I enjoy it. It's very relaxing. The people who installed it were very nice and we enjoyed having them in our home. They were kind of like friends till they left. We liked the sales rep very much, too, or we wouldn't have gotten it. He explained everything, told us the pros and the cons of each one, and he said we have to make our choice.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Boca's sales rep and the installers were wonderful. It only took the installers one day and they didn't leave a mess. They cleaned up everything and it looks good. My husband likes the dual jets. He also loves the overhead shower. He loves to take a bath and he can't get in or out of our regular bathtub. I was against it because I thought it would be ugly and make our house look old, but it made the bathroom look very pretty.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

We are glad that you are enjoying your Boca tub. We understand that walk-in tubs have a unique look, but we strive to make sure that every one of our tubs is suited to blend into the layout and look of any existing bathroom to become a valued part of your home.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Bathing Safety's installation team was very good. They got the tub installed in four to five hours and it looked good after they left. However, we had to install a bigger water heater as I couldn't use it at all during the first week as we didn't have enough hot water. Still, I've been using the tub two to three times a week since and I've found that everything feels good about it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Bathing Safety's sales reps were very knowledgeable about the tub. The installers were great and very competent. My favorite feature of the tub has been the things that spurt out the water to your feet and your back. I have neuropathy and it's easier to get in and out of the tub. However, I had to call someone to check on the part that clamps down to keep the water in because we have been having a little problem with that. But, other than that, it has been fine.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I went online looking for walk-in tubs and got a list of the main ones. Bathing Safety had a very high star rating. A veteran mentioned them and I thought to give them a try and read the reviews. A man, who we think is the owner, talked to us over the phone and he was very good, then we did everything over the phone. The installation team was great and very pleasant to have worked here. They explained everything in detail and left their phone numbers so if we would have any problems at all, we could call them and they would be right back. I like that the water in the tub is deep and I can soak in it. It's also more convenient for my husband. He can't get around very well and getting in and out of a tub was dangerous for him so Bathing Safety made things easier. He's more comfortable. I already recommended it to others.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Bathing Safety works good and we like all of its features. My wife and I both used it so far, so it's what we expected. It offered certain things that the other companies didn't have. The rep we spoke with was a nice guy. The installers were great too and we had a couple of good laughs with them. They showed us how everything worked, but we had a major problem. One of the buttons for the heating of the seat didn't work so we had to call on it. They said they were gonna send me another one that I could have replaced myself. It was a good thing that that didn't happen because they said they were sending somebody else out when I called.

A guy came in with another guy. We thought it was just a button thing, and the guy went to change that but apparently, it wasn't. It was the mechanism that was attached to it. It was like a transformer that was underneath. They had to take the front panels apart again, take it out and replace it, put a new button in and rewire the whole thing and it was fine after that. It seems like even in itself that it hooks up to wasn't working. I guess maybe it was a manufacturer's defect or something.

The only thing I'm gonna have to question on is about the payment thing. They gave us five months of deferred payments. I calculated the five months and paid that in full. Then I did the same thing with the second payment I just made. So, by the time the five months are up, I figured if I make this payment the same five months all the way across the board, I'll have a good part of it paid off. I'll have to find out if they made changes on the payments because of the way I'm paying it. They say I can pay $100 and something, I figured by the time I pay that, it's gonna be the six months. Forget about it, I'll only be paying $500. I want to try to do it that way as I want to try to knock the payments down as fast as I can.

I also had a couple of ideas that might shorten up the time of installing and I made a suggestion to both crews that were here, but I don't know if they'll pass it on to anybody. There's gotta be easier ways to do things sometimes to save time and money. It's up to the company if they want to call me and I could explain it to them better. Overall, I would recommend Bathing Safety to others.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I have a 97-year-old mother and she can't get into our other tub. There were a couple of other tub companies that I talked to before I called Boca. When I did, I really like Anna, the rep whom I talked to. It was really a pleasure dealing with her. She seemed really down-to-earth while the others seemed like real salespeople. She was really helpful and so non-pushy. Also, if she said she was gonna call a certain time, she called at that time.

The installation team was a husband and wife combo. They were really cool and they seemed to do a very good job. They did everything they said they were going to do and cleaned up very well. My mom really loves the Bathing Safety tub. She can sit in there, relax, have a drink, read a book and not have to worry about getting everything wet. She gets excited to go in and get a bath.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I had done a lot of research and we dealt with a couple of walk-in bathtub companies but nobody was willing to talk to us on the phone without sending somebody to the house first and doing the whole slide presentation. I was scouring the internet and found Bathing Safety. Allen of Bathing Safety clearly knew a lot of what I was looking for by then. He sent me lots of information online and he was available to me 24/7. I called him at 9 o'clock at night and he got back to me because he understood time was of the essence with my dad.

He was just there and was helpful. He didn't try to sell me things that I didn't need and wasn't strong ramming me at all. It happened really fast and it was pleasant because with the other ones, they have to sit there with their little slide show, explain everything to me and say that if I buy today, it's this much off. If I buy in a week, it's this much off and if I buy in a month, it's this much off. With Allen, there was one price. He was really good and I loved working with him.

I liked that Bathing Safety has their own installers so if I had any problems, I would still just deal with one person. Mark of their installation team was wonderful and hardworking. He was very professional but also very engaging. He talked to Dad, which was always nice, because my dad is 95. He made him part of the process. He did the installation in a day and a half. He left the place looking better than when he got here because he had to take a part of the frame up to get in the door. After installation, I had to call him a couple of times because I had questions and he got right back to me and answered me any time.

I like the comfort and the safety that the walk-in tub gives to my dad. He has chronic back issues and I don't have to worry about him getting stuck in the tub. He also feels better because he has enjoyable bath and his back is re-energized when he gets out of it. The bubbles really help his back. I would highly recommend Bathing Safety.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I had looked at the walk-in tubs for quite a while and I was unable to find exactly what I wanted. Worse, I wanted a particular color and the companies that I had checked with wouldn't even ask the manufacturers if they would do it. It would be one thing if they asked and came back and said no, but not even that. However, TheraTub made the color and they matched it perfectly. All of the tubs have the same features, but TheraTub is made in the USA. The parts are not from China, while some of the other ones are actually made in China. Also their sales rep was excellent. When she didn't know an answer, she went to the installer and asked.

The installation team left some stuff in the garage for us to take to the dump, but other than that they cleaned up well. I love the tub and I can get in and out of it easily. However, make sure to look at one that is big enough. I wish I had gone with a standard size 60-inch bathtub, but I cut it down a little smaller, thinking I'm gonna fit in it. I could enjoy it much more if it was a little larger.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My husband has neuropathy and couldn't get around that much. He did some research on the computer and I had very extensive conversations with a lady. I realized that there was only a two-inch step-up in a particular Bathing Safety tub, which would be my husband's better choice compared to other tubs. We were also told that the building part of it is much stronger than the other tubs. Them being local and them building the tubs themselves makes a difference as well.

Everything looked wonderful with the installation. The tub was very nicely put together. They did their job very well and didn't them take that long. The tub is very convenient and we like having something that my husband could sit down in and just bathe himself. I was having to do most of that in the shower so it has worked out very well for me too. He wanted the feel of the water and he could wash himself in places that he hadn't been able to in some time. He chose the size of the tub but mentioned he wished it was just a bit wider. I told him that if he had it wider, he might have fallen so I think everything is perfect for him because he can get up and doesn't have any way to go in either way, so he's not gonna fall. We recommend Bathing Safety to anyone interested.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The guy who sold me my Bathing Safety tub, Allen, said that he works for Veterans and the price he offered it to me for was really good. He was also very knowledgeable and friendly to work with. He was very helpful. I got the bed and the installation team who came out was very good as well. They were here for three or four hours and showed us how to use it.

However, after they installed the tub, nobody told us about the shield that goes in the corners. I didn't find out about it until when I called and asked for a recommendation for what we could do when we are using the shower and the bath since sometimes if we sit and hold the shower handle, water might come out. Their reps said that they had shields that go on the corners of the tub to prevent that. I decided to purchase those but then I didn't know of them at the time they sold the tub to me. Their reps or installation team should bring that option up. My wife is handicapped. She hasn't been able to take a bath since 10 years ago. Instead, she has just been taking showers. Now, she doesn't have to step over the bathtub nor do I have to lift her up to get in it. Overall, the tub has been very good for her.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Alan with BathingSafety was honest with what was needed and what is not necessary. While he was willing to order the items other companies try to sell you for a big fee, he advised what was needed. He gave me a cost over the phone that was over $4000 cheaper than the nearest competition. The estimate Was The actual. The installation team was on time and started to work right away. The crew of 3 were efficient, and did the work in only 4.5 hours from arrival to completion. They went over how the bath works and ensured any questions I had, they answered. Super fast from ordering to fully installed in only 1 week. If I could give them 10 stars I would! Highly recommended!!

Original review: July 25, 2018

The people at Bathing Safety were wonderful. My wife and I both could not get in and out a regular bathtub so we decided to go with the walk-in tub. The sales representative explained the situation of the tub – what it was, how they put the jets and how it would help with arthritis. The installation team was also perfect. They were good workers. They did the job well and were honest and courteous. I have used that tub one time and I enjoyed it then. But my wife uses it most of the time and she loves it. Her leg had been broken and she couldn't lay down in a regular tub. To get up, she would need my arm to pull herself up. But now, she can get in and out, sit on that thing and take her own bath.

But she hasn't got quite enough room in it. She said she doesn't know how a fat person would even get in there. Our daughter can't even get in it. My wife would love the tub to be bigger and a little taller. She wants to lay down but she can't get her shoulders down in the water. The faucet was down too low as well. When she doesn't use all the tub and she just takes a regular shower, she would have her washcloth on the spigot and the water would bounce off the wall and the commode seat. It gets the floor wet and she has to mop all day. When she sets the jet on real high, that gets the floor wet as well. Despite that, she's happy with what we've got. The tub's awesome and she loves the jets.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My wife made an appointment for a Bathing Safety salesman to come out to explain everything to us. I was impressed with him and some of things that he told us when comparing Bathing Safety with other tubs. I had also done some research on the tubs but I didn't know about all of the warranties. There are also a lot cheaper things but I didn't know how well the tub works with everything on it. We were working with a limited space to a degree so there wasn't too much the salesman could offer but he seemed to be knowledgeable about the product and he did as well as he could.

Both my wife and I are up in age and especially with her, we have some problem getting in and out of the tub. So we decided to get that tub. The installation team seemed to know what they were doing. They came in and got it done within a day. With the walk-in tub, we've been able to take a bath more frequently. Getting in and out of it has been convenient and we don't have to step as high. I thought the water would drain out a little faster though, and I don't like the idea of having to sit in the tub until all of the water drained. It's like you're staying in dirty water and like you didn't take a bath. But we have learned to improvise and use the shower head. That aside, I like the mood light and the warmth for the seat. We like the after feeling from the bubble and air jets.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Bathing Safety's reps were very friendly, nice, and informative. The installation of our walk-in tub was good, and we like it very much.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I was comparing walk-in bathtubs and I saw Bathing Safety on the internet. Their service was very good. I could talk to them on the phone and get cost factor. They were the best-priced at the time, too, so, I went with them. I talked with their rep, Allen, on the phone and he answered all my questions. Plus, I could call him 24/7. The installers were also very efficient. They did it in a day and a half and they were very neat. They took out the old tub and put this in and were very good. I like that the walk-in tub sprays. It seems like it massages my musles in my legs.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We had two or three other estimates for a walk-in tubs and we got practically everything that the other one offered for about 3000 less. The Bathing Safety rep was very cordial. The whole experience was wonderful. But I was dreading the mess. I’m a clean freak and I wanted to go away for the day so I wouldn’t be here to see anything in case something happened. They had to take the door off to get it in and cut into it. But I was here when they left and you would have never known that anybody was here. They absolutely left it immaculate.

We like everything about the tub. My husband and I are both older and we like the security of knowing that you can take a bath without having to crawl out of a tiny tub. Also, my husband can sit and take a shower, not necessarily stand. I definitely would recommend to anybody that could afford to put one of those things in that Bathing Safety Walk-in Bathtubs would be the way to go.

Thank you for reviewing our walk in tub, we appreciate it

Original review: July 13, 2018

Bathing Safety's tubs by BOCA have the features that I look for at less cost. I also had a good experience talking to their sales reps. And although their installers were late getting here, they made up the time and they were through by the time they said they’d finish. They cleaned up behind themselves like they said they would as well. The best feature of our walk-in tub is the Jacuzzi effect, but my favorite about it is that the lights change colors. Since the installation, my husband's dry, scaly skin has really improved. It beats the scales off and he gets out smooth, feeling good. As for me, I have feet and leg problems and I get the force on them. I'd tell people to get a BOCA tub.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you for reviewing our walk in tub, we are happy to hear that your husbands skin has improved since using the tub

Original review: July 11, 2018

I liked Bathing Safety's price. Their sales representatives were very upfront and there was nothing that didn’t go as exactly as it was supposed to go. The installation of our tub was fine. The installer did as good a job as I would ever have hoped that would have been done. Our tub's quality appears to be fine. I can’t get my wife to use the jets and she just goes in there and takes a bath, but other than that, it’s fine.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you for taking the time to review us. If you ever have any questions in the future about using your jets, please feel free to reach out to us

Original review: July 10, 2018

I really like our walk-in tub from Bathing Safety. It’s made in America. I read all of the pros and cons on Bathing Safety and their tubs seemed really good. Also, their salesman and the installer were wonderful. I got the walk-in tub for my wife, and it serves her purpose well because she can hardly walk.

Thank you for reviewing our walk in tub, we appreciate it

Original review: July 6, 2018

When I talked to the owner of the company and talked to Ana, I felt comfortable going with Bathing Safety. Bob did the installation of our tub, and it went excellently. But the problem we’ve had is it takes forever to fill. I have to sit there for 16 minutes while it fills before I can use it. And I’ve been working with two different companies. One company enlarged part of the line and that didn’t do any good and then they tried to give me a heck of a charge for it. And then, also the people I got my softener and my iron filter from came down and took those out because this device has up the flow. And since then, I fell and broke my leg so I haven’t had the chance to use it. Before that, I would start the water running and set my timer for 12 minutes, and then I go out and do things and then come back and take care of it. Other than that, so far, I have been really pleased with our walk-in tub.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I like Bathing Safety's response and the information available online. I never met the rep in person, but the correspondence was very good. It was very timely and responsive. The installation of the tub went very well. I like the fact that it’s deep, and it’s a little bit larger than normal. And I feel clean when I use it. Overall, I had a good experience and things went well.

Boca Walk-in Tubs response

Thank you for reviewing our walk in tub and we are happy to hear you are satisfied!

Boca Walk-in Tubs Company Information