3.6/5 (117 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Asko Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?

Original review: April 5, 2022

I have purchased the Gas stove HG1986SD during mid of 2021. I was looking for 90mm cooktop with 5 burners and I have chosen ASKO thinking it's one of the top brand and should work + good customer service. We installed the cooktop during August and from day 1 the big burner wasn't working well. The flames were unstable and it was causing black ore on all the vessel bottoms. I have stopped using the big burner and booked for ASKO service. Due to covid and lockdowns, I was hesitant to book initially and got it booked during Jan 2022.

Service assistants came over and tried fixing but failed. He came once again consulting gas experts but couldn't fix it. He mentioned that issue will be escalated and they will call back, appliance will be replaced if we cant fix it. However, there were no calls after that. I have called couple of times to customer service (they mentioned issue is been escalated) but no updates or resolution. It's very disappointing to see that high branded products has got such terrible customer service. I paid the high price especially to get 5 burner and couldn't get it to work.

Original review: April 1, 2022

It's always disheartening when you buy something and it doesn't perform to its expected level. But even when 3 different repairmen tell you all they do is fix these kind of products repeatedly in different customers homes and their product is not up to the standards of standard dishwashers then you know you've made a mistake buying it. In our case our dishwasher has never since day one clean the dishes thoroughly and has never ever dried the dishes and we've had 4 service calls well over $1200. Still have not had satisfaction. I guess it's our fault buying a dishwasher from a country that is not known to produce products of this level or at all would highly want anybody to buy a local dishwasher from their appliance store or even Home depot with a name they know and trust like GE that has been a standard in the industry for years opposed to higher end appliances that don't perform at all.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2022

We were talked into buying an Asko dishwasher by the salesman at the Good Guys. NEVER AGAIN!! Despite being one of the dearest I’ve had nothing but trouble with it. First the dishes were coming out as dirty as they went in, and used to have to put rinse aid in every few days. Technician came and fiddled around. Apparently I have to wash the dishes before they go in - my mistake I thought this was the job of the machine. Then instead of putting the tablet in the tablet compartment, this machine seems to work better when you throw the tablet straight into the machine. Anyway. Told to use only the ‘hygiene’ setting which I have been doing and now seems to work better. Still doesn’t dry plastic but hey… It’s cleaning at least. Now, the dishwasher does not turn on at all. On the phone with ‘service’ department - in POSITION 20!!!! Will never again touch an Asko product with a 20 foot pole!!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I paid for two products out of desperate need for a home office, with the delivery expected time within 2 weeks from purchase. I paid these with cash (never will I do this again). Next day I found a shop next to my flat where I could purchase these items and carry them by hand to my flat (only recently moved to Plzen Czechia for work from Dublin). I went back to the Plzen department of the Asko store and asked for my money back as the items never moved from the shop and I was about to start work. But the staff told me I can only get 6 month valid vouchers. That is crap when Amazon gives you the product and returns the money right away if anything.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The washer died in less than a year. It was serviced and worked once. It died and they ordered a new on/off switch. Took a long time and technician said that switch dies often. Worked once and died. Asko says problem was after warranty ended but all service calls were in the warranty period. Asko says, "I don't care."

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Let me start by saying my old washing machine before this one was an Asko that lasted me 12 years, and I've left positive reviews for that. This one is the worst dud. What makes it worse, was Asko customer service. It died 2 weeks after it ran out of warranty. It was back and forth between ACCC and Asko for 6 weeks. I was without a washing machine for the long before they repaired it under warranty. 1 year after that, it died again for a different reason. This time, it was going to cost $1430 to repair. Not good enough for a $2300 washing machine. Terrible after sales service. Takes ages to get through on the phone, then they're nice to you but nothing gets achieved.

Original review: March 13, 2021

We recently purchased a 6 year old home with ASKO kitchen appliances. We have Asko oven, induction cook top and dishwasher. We have all the operating instructions but nowhere in the instructions for the oven does it tell us how to turn on the light. Friday 12 March 2021 at 3:27pm I called the Asko service centre in Moorabbin, Victoria, knowing they close at 4pm according to their website. I just wanted to ask if someone talk me through the process of “HOW to turn the oven light on” assuming this would just take a minute. After being told by the automated voice message, “thank you for holding, someone will take your call soon....” or similar to that. I waited on the line for over 35 minutes only to be CUT OFF at 4:05pm (all screenshot to show this timeframe). HOW BLOODY RUDE!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Great design, great concept, horrific quality. The control panel on the machine is absolutely unacceptable. So far it already failed FOUR times. The company is aware of the fact but did not take any corrective measures in the production. According to the technicians, the problem is widespread. The customer service which used to be horrific, improved drastically, but that does not solve the problem. Currently I would not recommend this product.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I have had nothing but problems with my new ASKO dishwasher. It was only 3 years old when F11 kept showing up, which indicates a drainage issue. we had a repairman come in and their was no blockage, we changed the pump still did not fix the problem. After spending hours on hold to the call center, number of times being hanged up on and no call back, purchased a new computer board for the dishwasher, which only worked for 5 months, after calling another 3 times, 2 of which I was disconnected from after over 20min on hold, was told the part is no longer under warranty and the only way to fix it is to get their service people out and replace the part which could cost up to $400. Best decision I have made through all this is to throw it out and NEVER BUY ASKO AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Clothes roll into tight tube and will not rinse well or be clean even with reverse of tub. The dryer rolls clothes into tight tube shape and have to pause cycle to untangle; even single sheet for drying.

Asko Appliances Company Information