2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Asko Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?

Original review: March 13, 2021

We recently purchased a 6 year old home with ASKO kitchen appliances. We have Asko oven, induction cook top and dishwasher. We have all the operating instructions but nowhere in the instructions for the oven does it tell us how to turn on the light. Friday 12 March 2021 at 3:27pm I called the Asko service centre in Moorabbin, Victoria, knowing they close at 4pm according to their website. I just wanted to ask if someone talk me through the process of “HOW to turn the oven light on” assuming this would just take a minute. After being told by the automated voice message, “thank you for holding, someone will take your call soon....” or similar to that. I waited on the line for over 35 minutes only to be CUT OFF at 4:05pm (all screenshot to show this timeframe). HOW BLOODY RUDE!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Great design, great concept, horrific quality. The control panel on the machine is absolutely unacceptable. So far it already failed FOUR times. The company is aware of the fact but did not take any corrective measures in the production. According to the technicians, the problem is widespread. The customer service which used to be horrific, improved drastically, but that does not solve the problem. Currently I would not recommend this product.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I have had nothing but problems with my new ASKO dishwasher. It was only 3 years old when F11 kept showing up, which indicates a drainage issue. we had a repairman come in and their was no blockage, we changed the pump still did not fix the problem. After spending hours on hold to the call center, number of times being hanged up on and no call back, purchased a new computer board for the dishwasher, which only worked for 5 months, after calling another 3 times, 2 of which I was disconnected from after over 20min on hold, was told the part is no longer under warranty and the only way to fix it is to get their service people out and replace the part which could cost up to $400. Best decision I have made through all this is to throw it out and NEVER BUY ASKO AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Clothes roll into tight tube and will not rinse well or be clean even with reverse of tub. The dryer rolls clothes into tight tube shape and have to pause cycle to untangle; even single sheet for drying.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

If anyone is considering ASKO don't bother. Useless bunch of ???. Service is a joke. Washing machine paid in full weeks ago, ordered and promised to be delivered 3 times over last few weeks, today being the latest promise.... Guess what.. no bloody machine delivered. Could have bought an LG machine and dryer for less and be using the bloody thing now. Beyond pissed off.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I splurged on an ASKO dishwasher during a recent kitchen model (also have Wolf range and subzero fridge). What a waste of money! In three years, I have had someone to the house at least 5 times. Replaced the control panel, etc. Now it's broken again and I am not spending another penny on this lemon. It doesn't do as good a job as my $500 GE before it. At least 25% of the dishes have to rewashed after the cycle. I'll be back to GE. NEVER AGAIN! Do not waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

We purchase an Asko Pyrolytic Oven in March 2020. It was installed in May 2020 as part of a new kitchen renovation. The oven did not work out of the box. A service technician has visited our house on a number of occasions now, and the oven still does not work...As of 30 September 2020. There is no end in sight to having this resolved. DO NOT BUY ASKO.... effectively, your warranty is meaningless!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have been dealing with ASKO (and an ASKO recommended repairer) relating to repair of an ASKO OP8631S oven. I needed a relay module (F7 fault) and have been waiting for spares to arrive in Australia for just over 5 months with shipping delays due to COVID the apparent reason for the delay. ASKO told me on the 9th Sept 2020 that the part was now available and today have advised me it’s not available and they no longer manufacture parts for that model! I can’t get a straight answer from them as to what is going on or why was I told last Friday it was available and now I’m told it isn’t.

Like others, you pay a premium for an oven of this type and I was reasonably impressed with its performance and I’ve only had two blown elements before this fault. Although I did buy an ASKO gas cooktop at the same time and that is rubbish, the contact center was helpful in the beginning. However, once it became apparent I had been given the run around for 5 months, (I don’t think the part was ever on its way.) they have become less helpful to the point where they don’t answer my queries except to briefly keep repeating “parts no longer available.” My last email to them has not been answered. Based on my after-sales experience I would not recommend ASKO products to anyone and would suggest they steer well clear of them. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the Hisense takeover of ASKO and issues they’re having with the factory in Slovenia.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I have an ASKO RANGE HOOD, simply does not do what it is suppose to do and cannot get any service or satisfactory solutions to this problem, makes my dream house quite annoying especially when I love to cook.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I purchased all my kitchen appliances for our new house from Asko including a Pyro OP8678G oven, which in 2.5 years has had to be repaired 3 times. Asko has been extremely unhelpful in assisting me. Their service is very poor. Long waits on hold for customer service and never replies to emails. I am very disappointed as Asko used to have a good reputation and quality products but it seems now that their quality and customer service has gone out the window.

Asko Appliances Company Information