Asko Appliances

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We decided to spend $2000 on a dishwasher for quality and a product that would last. This was not the case with ASKO! The dishwasher failed just after the two year mark. Our local ASKO serviceman came out and said the circuit board was broken and possibly the pump and he would look into replacements. The company did not call back, after two months I phoned them to ask what was being done, they said they would look into it and call back. I have not heard back from them, this business is called APTCO. Our issues were also logged with ASKO which they have done nothing about. So disappointed in this company and the product! A higher price tag does not get quality, customer support, and service.

This machine died after 5 years but started breaking down after 4 years. ASKO provided me with a new control board after I complained but the machine stopped working after 5 weeks. ASKO sent a repairman to my house to fix the machine but despite his belief that he had fixed it, he hadn't. I have seen many complaints on the internet about this model. I gather it has been withdrawn. ASKO make no attempt to compensate people for selling a substandard product.

When I first bought this item, the dashboard was faulty giving me an F4 signal, when there was no problem with the water supply. The next problem I had was the spinning. The washer would stop spinning. I booked a services, the guy took over 2 hours to fix it. Paid over $200 for the service. When he leaves the spinning is fixed and washer starts making noises. I call him up and he tells me the noise will go in a few days when whatever it is inside will go down the coin whole. Well the noise didn't go and guess what my washer isn't spinning any more less than two months after the service. So I call him up wanting to know answers and how typical it is of him to say I need to book another service.

We replaced a cheap 20 year old Kenmore dishwasher to upgrade to a stainless, expensive ASKO dishwasher # 5233. The old dishwasher worked perfectly but we bought the Asko as recommended by the P.C. Richard & Son salesman and we liked the idea of Swedish made vs Asian built. Well since day one it's been a complete disappointment. We have had repairmen in and they find nothing to repair. It's due to a design flaw. I even put the extended post cycle on to give more cleaning time and that doesn't help. I would strongly suggest to anyone buying a new dishwasher NOT to buy Asko.

Purchased ASKO front loading washing machine W6444 in April 2013 at a cost of $1499. Only 2 1/2 years old and a part of the front door cover flew off whilst on a spin cycle. A large crack has now appeared on the door. The detergent dispenser also leaks. Contacted ASKO on their 1300 number but was given the run around and disconnected. Followed up with an email to ASKO Australia explaining the problem but have received no response even though their website guarantees same day or next day response. Would never purchase another ASKO product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?

We purchased washer, dryer, dishwasher. All of these appliances stopped working within five years. The cost to repair washer, $600.00 to start. Dryer $500.00, dishwasher still waiting for estimate. Have decided to simply purchase new products from a different manufacturer. Would never, never, never again purchase this brand. ASKO appliances are totally unreliable.

Terrible experience with Asko D5233. So disappointed in this dishwasher. We purchased it due to salesperson recommendation and a general appreciation for Swedish-made products. Our dishwasher needed multiple repairs within the first year - the only Asko-approved repair company came out and claimed there was nothing wrong, but we could see that there was food left on plates and major spotting. Repair person blamed it on the fact that the hot water took too long to get to the washer. Ridiculous, but we ran the hot water at the sink until it was hot, then ran the dishwasher and we got the same results.

Next the repair company suggested we had to first wash the dishes by hand and then put them in the dishwasher for a full cleaning. Complaints to Asko went absolutely nowhere. Asko refused to offer any solution. We spent over $800 on multiple repair visits and essentially gave up. We no longer use the dishwasher except as an overflow dish drainer to get our dishes dry.

We purchased an induction hotplate and oven 4 yrs. ago and have had numerous things go wrong with the left side of the hotplate. This happened even from the first day of installation and all we had from Asko was repair instead of replacing a faulty product. And now it has gone wrong again with the left side and the cost is in excess of $700. This is not what was expected with this company and is not good customer relations.

I bought a dishwasher in November 2015. In March 2015 the pump stop and the water stay in the dishwasher. I call for "service" and After 4 times the dishwasher isn't repair. The service is very poor. 3 months passed and I'm still waiting for a useful dishwasher. Never again...

ASKO dishwasher came with the home we bought. I cannot wait for it to die and because of that it will probably work forever to spite me. It does not clean dishes/glasses on top or bottom racks... silverware is spotty. The supporting prongs on the bottom rack are not tall enough to support plates or bowls so they are constantly falling onto each other cutting off water/soap flow. Only thing good is the availability of doubling the cup racks on the upper rack. I will not ever buy an ASKO anything.

Washer/dryer set are 5 years old. Washer has broken 3 times (Twice the magnet component on the drum broke and once the latch had a short in the switch and wouldn't start). All three of the repairs were under warranty but all took a week or more to be fixed. Now the dryer is broken. Faulty gas valve. No longer under warranty. I wouldn't recommend Asko appliances to anyone.

W6221 - Bought the washer in 12/2001 for the internal heater and temp settings. In 5/2007 it stopped working, did not spin. Ended up replaced, level switch Board Control and Motor for a cost of $653.00. 2/2015 it stopped working on every cycle. Push the start button and only hear a click, nothing else happens except the door lock releases when pushed. This model does not have a led display so no error codes are displayed.

We spent $1000 - bought a Rangehoods from Asko end of Dec last year. It broke down in 20 days. We have called Asko how many times...They can't fix it, they would keep on telling you to get the replacement only after their manager approved. When? No time schedule for you at all. Ask more? They are getting angry with you. We paid $1000 for a nightmare. Our house has been off the Rangehoods for 4 weeks and never know how far we still need to go. My brand new kitchen is getting yellow and my ceiling is changing colour. We have no choice because we bought an ASKO product.

We replaced our old ~10 yr dishwasher because some rust was beginning in it, with a new ~1000 dollar Asko dishwasher... if I could get the old dishwasher back, I would. The Asko dishwasher will probably rank high in all categories except for one, it does not wash the dishes very good. Yes, it is quiet; yes it uses less water; but it does not clean your dishes very well * AND * it takes a LONG time doing a bad dish washing job too (2.5 to 3.5 hours). Unless you are the type that pre-washes your dishes good before you put them in the dishwasher, then this dishwasher is not for you.

Purchased new 8/4/14 model d5893, ser #084301766667. Installed ~8/11/14. Worked the 1st time when installer checked it out. Not worked since 1st tech suggested new tech because he couldn't for 2 weeks. Took another wk for #2 tech. Part back-ordered, heard nothing for 1 week. Will it ever work?

Just had my Asko D55254 dishwasher installed. It took a month to order it - the type where you install the wood panel over the door. My appliance store assured me it would be very quiet. Imagine my dismay when he installed it and started it up and it's almost as loud as the 12 year old dishwasher I replaced. My daughter's Kenmore makes no sound. I thought a $1300 Asko would be just as quiet. Big mistake. Now I'm told if I want to spend another $600 I can upgrade to a Miele. I will never buy an Asko again and if I know of anyone who is thinking of getting one I will invite them to my house to listen to the loud noise it makes. It's a shame stores don't have appliances hooked up so you can actually hear them before you purchase them.

I booked and called to have my dishwasher and oven fixed. The dishwasher was not draining. The serviceman found that there was a blockage in the first 15 minutes. He then spent another hour and a half on it testing it for a leak, which it did not have. He was deliberately wasting time. He then went to fix my oven and took out the fuse, demanded a plastic bag, put the fuse in the bag and snapped it in half. He then said he could not fix it today and the office would call. He added that they will tell me that they would not have parts but I was not to mention that he had said this. He said, that they would offer for me to buy a new oven.

A week later after numerous calls and an email they still will not respond. They keep saying a team leader will call back. I have requested the fuse to be returned to try and source one elsewhere, but it has not occurred. He was an aggressive man who told me it was none of my business what was wrong with the machine, and he was the expert so I did not have to worry. He also said that they do not stock spare parts for ovens anymore as there would be too many parts to stock.

They charged me $245.01 for nothing. I paid as the serviceman was so angry and I wanted him out of my house as I did not feel safe while he was there as he was complaining about his life and Asko. I would never recommend buying an Asko product again as it appears that you will not be able to have the machine fixed if it needs parts. The products are definitely not built to last.

I bought an Asko W6884 washing machine approximately 1 year, 1.5 years ago. The first one was leaking water, the door did not close properly. Asko sent the technician twice then changed it. No drama. The second started to do a squeaky noise and sounded like a spring inside just broke after a couple of months. The technician came again, few months later same story. After 4 technicians visits, Asko replaced it with a new one. No drama. The new one started to do the same squeaky noise, the technician came once, few weeks later same noise.

I have asked Asko to give me the money back as I bought their product to have a reliable machine as I did not want to deal with repairs. The washing machine does a good job is totally programmable which is the reason I bought it in first place but I think there is something wrong with the spring system. Like a design defect. I don't believe I have been sooo unlucky to get 3 defected machines. I am disappointed because I bought Asko to have a quality product, reliable and energy wise machine.

I am a backyard tech so do my own repairs on most things. Bought Asko D3122 Dishwasher 3.5 Years ago. Within 18 months drain hose had split. Drain hose from Asko twice the price of non-genuine Bunnings knockoff. Replaced Hose. Now at 3.5 years the power cord fried at the plug. Replaced plug - fixed it. 5 days later no power at all. Checked wiring behind kickplate and found float switch plug burnt out (after research I believe this seems to be a common problem that will eventually take out the main board in most instances in this model).

When attempting to get the machine fixed at ASKO HEAD OFFICE AUSTRALIA my dealings have left me less than satisfied. Poor call back from customer service when contacted by phone though very pleasant to talk with. Extremely Poor face to face customer service at their HEAD OFFICE in AUSTRALIA. After reading other peoples experiences and now experiencing this same DISRESPECT OF TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE I urge ANYBODY thinking of buying an ASKO APPLIANCE to STAY AWAY.

Asko dishwasher model D3250 - I have read the poor reviews for the Asko dishwasher and I am so empathetic, but my experience is totally different. I loved the Asko washer and dryer my sister owned, so when we purchased a 2-year-old home (1999), we upgraded all of the appliances. We chose Asko for the washer, dryer and dishwasher. We did not have experienced service in the Ann Arbor MI area, so this was frustrating for the problems encountered with the washer/dryer (replaced the mother board on the dryer when it wasn't drying - only to discover the lint trap needed RINSING in water to maintain performance - not in the manual). The belt on the dryer needed replacing once - still works.

The washer quit a few years ago. The dishwasher is still working, but just had a problem with the upper rack not cleaning dishes. I checked the washer arms. They are clean as a whistle (I add a few tablespoons of vinegar to each wash to maintain, and prevent water spots on glassware). With the top arm off, we used a dental mirror to look inside the wash arm bearing onto which it snaps, and found several pieces of a plastic part that I suspect came from the water pump, and pieces were also located in the lower wash arm assembly. So, although the washer was retired at age 13, the dryer and dishwasher still work at age 15.

The asko appliances are inherited from the rich guy we bought the house from. We thought we were very lucky to get a house full of high end stuff but in all honest the performance is not anything special at all. If that were the only problem and the green story is where they hung their hat. Maybe we would be fans but the dishwasher does not do a good job of cleaning compared with other dishwashers I have had in my life that are more typical brands and the main problem is that when they are serviced the parts take forever to be received. The fix doesn't last very long and now at 8 years old the parts have been discontinued and are no longer available. The company was bought out by sub zero/wolf parent who thinks high end appliances are a good thing but not a good enough thing to keep going with parts. I will never again buy anything with the name asko, sub zero or wolf on it. Their idea of customer service is telling you politely to stick it in your ear.

Bought a gorgeous stackable titanium ASKO washer/dryer in May of 2013. By December the dryer was whistling a high pitched squeal. Turns out the belt was already a problem. We took the time to hunt down the proper warranty repair folks. They didn't have a replacement belt. They told us it would be at least three weeks for the belt to arrive. The washer is amazing and does a great job. We like the dryer as well - except for the whistle from the bad belt and the very loud performance altogether. Part of the reason we bought this model is that it is supposedly made for small spaces. But why would they design a product that floods its space with what sounds like a gigantic hair dryer? We have to leave the house to dry clothes because the dryer is SO loud. And the bad belt/whistle? Unbearable!

Like so many European products, it is made of quality materials, is deeply thought through - but fail to work reliably. So frustrating!!!!! I hate to say it, but the repair folks are eventually going to come back and replace the practically new belt that doesn't work (already) - and I don't trust that the replacement won't have the same problem! I want ASKO to do well as I like the Swedes and the design is beautiful and I love beauty - but...

3 Askos. First was workhorse for 15 years. Second died under 5, and could not get parts. Liked construction and quiet operation, so paid $$$$ for ASKO 5894 top of the line. QUIT 9 days after installed. Customer service takes 15 minutes to answer. Top of the line prices, bottom of the barrel quality and service. Stay away.

The Asko dishwasher was sold to us as a 'premium, high end' product but the reality has been that it is inferior in its cleaning capabilities and we continually have problems with adequate drying as well as stagnant water sitting in the bottom drain. I contacted Asko who insisted that it is the dishwasher detergents in the US (same as I had used for years with previous dishwashers with no problems) and that I needed to occasionally run a cycle with vinegar to clean it out - which I do but to no avail. I highly recommend against this brand of dishwasher and will never again own one myself.

We bought the stainless steel Dishwasher in November 2010. The first day's use had us with a leak of water on the floor and in the electronics compartment. ASKO wanted me to buy a Torx screwdriver and do the repairs. It is a machine with a guarantee, ergo, I said no. The service organization wanted me to pay for service, and I said no. Eventually, the machine dried up and the electronics began working again. Now in the third year, the machine has failed. The control board has failed. I phoned and wrote ASKO USA for a diagram of the machine. They did send one for the front door, but not the diagram of the location of the control board (which has failed). Their product is no longer sold in Montreal. We have no distributor and all parts have to come from afar (USA, Sweden, etc.). The machine is quiet, and when it worked, washed well, and was at a premium so that we could/would not have a noisy washing machine. There is no service for the product. There is a very polite telephone answering service, but no follow up. This company acts as if it is bankrupt. Lack of product support is why I would never recommend or buy another ASKO product.

We purchased our first Asko dishwasher 10 years ago. We burned out 2 circuit boards and a pump motor. It also leaked and wrecked the wood flooring in front of unit. We called dealer, they offered $100 toward a new one. We called Roth our area distributor. They offered 500 off a new one, which is not half but thought better than wrecking our new floor. So now we are at 6 years on second washer. We had a service tech out and this one has $850 worth of work needed. It leaked and took out pump motor and main circuit board again. It is very disappointing. 1150 for 2 dishwashers not to last more than 5 years each.

Purchased an Asko dishwasher as part of a major remodel. Wanted high grade appliances Subzero refer, Bluestar range Asko dishwasher. $2k spent on dishwasher has broken down 7 times. Asked on breakdown 6 and 7 for a replacement and that was refused. Will simply replace it. Junk. Strongly advise all consumers to avoid this brand.

Do not buy any Asko products. The dishwasher does not clean; the machine will break. The washing machine motor will burn out in one year and Asko will not provide any help!

We own an ASKO dishwasher. It is the worst dishwasher we have ever owned. All the glasses on the top rack have a fine grit on them after being washed in the dishwasher. All dishes must be almost hand washed before they are out into the dishwasher, or they will have the food particles on them after washing. The top rack is terrible. Dishes just do not get clean on the top rack. The racks on the bottom are constantly falling down. When we initially got the dishwasher, we had pasta and sauce for dinner. Of course the salesperson said that we didn't need to and shouldn't rinse the dishes before they went into the dishwasher... Well, all the dishes came out with a fine layer of sauce on them! The dishes then had to be taken out, scrubbed and put back in the dishwasher! This is a TERRIBLE dishwasher, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

I purchased an Asko washer/dryer combo on 11/26/10, registered warranty on 1/20/11. Unit needed repair within 1 year. I called service tech (after getting approval from Asko). No problem. Within days, it needed another repair. It took over 2 months as Asko had to send the part. Now, we are on #3 repair. It's been almost 3 months and I have no working unit. Today, Asko says our warranty is not valid, yet our initial call (3 or so months ago!) involved a repair person coming out, Asko telling us and the tech they were sending the parts, and an offer to basically rebuild the unit. No repairs have happened.

By the way, 3 years from 11/26/10 is 11/26/13. It's Dec. 21, 2012. My husband has had many phone calls and emails with various people. Finally, Chris ** agreed to refund us $550 for the unit. I am more skeptical and called again for more information and was told it will be $550 toward the purchase of another Asko washer. I was also told they do not make washer/dryer combo units. Well! What's the point? Asko made one before. We have the WCAM 1812. We purchased a supposedly top-of-the-line product that doesn't work. Why would I buy anything else from this company? Asko hasn't honored this warranty. Why would I expect them to honor any of their warranties on any of their products?

I can go online, enter our serial and model # and pull up a page that says it's a 3-year, Bumper to Bumper, No Worry Parts and Labor Warranty. Yet, I still have a useless piece of junk sitting in my home purchased from a company that continues to lie to me. Their customer service reps just seem depressed and are virtually useless. But I will continue to call and write until this runs out on 11/26/2013.

Asko Appliances Company Profile