Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Asko Appliances Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I helped my elderly parents purchase a Asko Oven last year.. It started playing up within the first few months. Three occasions it self locked and we had to have a technician come out under warranty to unlock it. The technician disconnected the oven saying it was faulty. That was 7 weeks ago and we are still waiting for them to replace the oven! Yes seven weeks and still waiting. My parents live on a rural property so haven’t easy access to takeaway shops etc. Each time we contact them they promise to ring back with a solution but fail to even return calls. Their Moorabbin warranty centre don’t seem to care how long it takes. A lady even joked with me she wouldn’t be going to have dinner at my parents with no oven.

My 80 year old parents who are still independent are still without a oven. The oven wasn’t even 2 months old when it first had problems. I would not ever buy a asko product out of Victoria. If it breaks down the Moorabbin warranty centre won’t do anything anytime soon. But they will give you lots of excuses as to why they haven’t. They are incompetent! Simple fact. As I write this review my parents are still waiting to get their new oven and still waiting the return phone call asko continues to promise. I will never buy a asko product again. Save your money and buy products half the price with far better customer service and reliability. If I could give it a -5 I would.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I Purchased an Asko DS3100ss Dishwasher in 18/09/2004, I have had two repair call outs in the last two years for faulty wiring loom which has been earthing out to the chassis. A local Asko Invoice ** and **. I believe that this is a dangerous situation and would be common to all their machines, so be careful. I mentioned that this is an issue to the service man who in turn replied with "Well it is getting old. They are no good after 10 years." The machine has performed as the designer intended but a faulty wiring loom is dangerous and costing me money. Not them.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Bought an Asko dishwasher 7 years ago. Began to rust at the front within a few months. Front replaced (Supposed to be stainless steel for goodness sake). Some time later the surrounds around the dials showed rust. Sent photos to Asko who said it was from using harsh abrasives, which was rubbish. This month, after very little use over the 7 years (in fact, wasn't used much at all) it began leaking from the front bottom corner. Repairman said the seam was split and was unrepairable. Very disappointed to say the least. First and last Asko product I will EVER buy.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

We renovated our house and put in two brand new Asko dishwashers. The day we moved in, the appliances both broke down. Asko replaced them within a couple of days. 1.4 years later, the replacements have each broken down multiple times and required new control panels. The parts take a long time to get so a wait of a month or more is normal. This is the worst appliance purchase we have ever made. I will never again buy an Asko product.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

My previous washing machine was a $400 Fisher & Paykel. Worked for 14 years then died. Spent $1700 to buy an Asko, malfunctioned in the 4th year. Costed me $225 to fix it. So DON'T BUY ASKO! CRAP! Just spend a third of the money and buy a Fisher & Paykel or any other mainstream ones.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?

Original review: July 30, 2019

I have 6 of these machine at my work and I figured out what is wrong with these things. They build up of lent inside the heating ventilation systems that just go within itself. The fan motor seizes and so does the bearings making it unable to rotate. Thank you. Shawn **

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have 3 homes. My favorite is the Fisher & Paykel drawers. Efficient. The deep drawers hold everything. Large pots and tall wine glasses. The Asko will Not hold tall glasses. The silverware basket is not deep enough to hold silverware. And the start time of 2 to 4 sec is not enough. It was recommended by Sub-Zero which I am a huge fan. A KitchenAid would be better. If I could I would replace this piece of junk. Very disappointed in Dallas!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Our builder installed Asko dishwasher from Sub-Zero, it had broken soap dispenser. It took them 3 weeks to replace it, then 2 months later start button quit working and it took another 3 weeks to get it replaced.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Overall the Asko washer and dryer we have is incredibly perfect. They are reliable and fit neat in a 2'x2' space stacked. The only complaint is that they are super expensive and expensive to repair. For example, we needed to repair the dryer and the installation of a simple fan belt cost $600.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Water stays in bottom of washer after a run through. Water doesn’t completely drain. Mainly in cup at bottom. Has anyone had that problem? Is it normal? That’s after a load run through. It is an older Asko. I have turner off breaker for 30 seconds. And, have run through with vinegar and hot water. Checked catcher for residue. Checked drain pipe. Any ideas?

Asko Appliances Company Information