3.0/5 (267 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Asko Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

We bought an Asko dishwasher last year. It was a high end model as that was available (our old dishwasher conked out after a decade). In early 2022, it stopped working. Turns out that the wiring that connects the fan to the control unit was never installed in the factory. It has been over 6 mos and their service guys have yet to get this part (a piece of wire with connectors on two ends) ordered, delivered and installed. I already decided we would never buy another Asko product again (and chose another brand for a place we were building in FL). And, any and all calls/emails to their Customer Service area seem to go to a set of people who either can’t get anything done, don’t care or both. Their local service guys seem to keep getting replaced every few months so there’s no continuity with their local contract service guys either. Just a truly awful company - badly made products and really crappy post sales service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

We purchased an Asko 40 series dishwasher. We had it installed and from day 1, it never worked. We live in NE Florida and therefore were directed to contact Pinnacle, the new distributor of Asko. They apparently took over the distribution responsibility from Subzero starting July 1. They did not acquire the appropriate service support during this process. We were able to get one appliance repair serviceman to come out and he wasn't familiar with Asko and did not offer much.

We then had three concurrent no-shows from the next appliance repairman who also admitted he had never heard of Asko. We have had a plumber install this dishwasher and also a certified Subzero installer, who has installed many of these dishwashers, reinstall the dishwasher to confirm it was properly installed. Nothing has helped. Pinnacle has offered nothing, the servicemen that came out here were from my doings and efforts, not there's. They have deserted me and I can't even get a phone call or e-mail update. Do not buy this product without confirming adequate service support in your area, also realize Pinnacle has offered me little to no support, two months with a brand new dishwasher not working and washing our own dishes.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2022

We bought this after our Bosch died (after many years); we were told that this was good but cheaper. Since we bought it over a year ago, it has not worked more than it has worked. We have many people out to look at it and try to fix it because it is still under warranty, but to no avail. It might work for a week then die again. They have tried everything but replacing the whole unit. I see many have had a good experience with this company, but our experience has been very frustrating.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I cannot begin to describe my disappointment and utter helplessness when dealing with Asko. To keep things brief, my washing machine malfunctioned, after waiting over half an hour I got hold of customer service and was put in touch with a local technician. He diagnosed a balance problem and left after ordering spare parts. After he left I had multiple error messages and new problems so I rang again and spoke to someone who promised they would pass the message on to the technician so he could be prepared for when he revisited. He arrived weeks later to fix the machine and had not been told about the new issues. I emailed ASKO to let them know how dissatisfied I was with their service and have not heard back and it’s been weeks.

I now have more problems with the machine and CANNOT get in touch with anyone to help me! I’ve been on hold and customer number 94 in the queue now for 20 minutes. I CANNOT get help from this company and have wasted a lot of money on a machine that is absolutely worthless despite being told about the fantastic after service care. Where do I take this further as this seems to be an utter scam!!!!

Original review: April 5, 2022

I have purchased the Gas stove HG1986SD during mid of 2021. I was looking for 90mm cooktop with 5 burners and I have chosen ASKO thinking it's one of the top brand and should work + good customer service. We installed the cooktop during August and from day 1 the big burner wasn't working well. The flames were unstable and it was causing black ore on all the vessel bottoms. I have stopped using the big burner and booked for ASKO service. Due to covid and lockdowns, I was hesitant to book initially and got it booked during Jan 2022.

Service assistants came over and tried fixing but failed. He came once again consulting gas experts but couldn't fix it. He mentioned that issue will be escalated and they will call back, appliance will be replaced if we cant fix it. However, there were no calls after that. I have called couple of times to customer service (they mentioned issue is been escalated) but no updates or resolution. It's very disappointing to see that high branded products has got such terrible customer service. I paid the high price especially to get 5 burner and couldn't get it to work.

Original review: April 1, 2022

It's always disheartening when you buy something and it doesn't perform to its expected level. But even when 3 different repairmen tell you all they do is fix these kind of products repeatedly in different customers homes and their product is not up to the standards of standard dishwashers then you know you've made a mistake buying it. In our case our dishwasher has never since day one clean the dishes thoroughly and has never ever dried the dishes and we've had 4 service calls well over $1200. Still have not had satisfaction. I guess it's our fault buying a dishwasher from a country that is not known to produce products of this level or at all would highly want anybody to buy a local dishwasher from their appliance store or even Home depot with a name they know and trust like GE that has been a standard in the industry for years opposed to higher end appliances that don't perform at all.

Original review: March 20, 2022

We were talked into buying an Asko dishwasher by the salesman at the Good Guys. NEVER AGAIN!! Despite being one of the dearest I’ve had nothing but trouble with it. First the dishes were coming out as dirty as they went in, and used to have to put rinse aid in every few days. Technician came and fiddled around. Apparently I have to wash the dishes before they go in - my mistake I thought this was the job of the machine. Then instead of putting the tablet in the tablet compartment, this machine seems to work better when you throw the tablet straight into the machine. Anyway. Told to use only the ‘hygiene’ setting which I have been doing and now seems to work better. Still doesn’t dry plastic but hey… It’s cleaning at least. Now, the dishwasher does not turn on at all. On the phone with ‘service’ department - in POSITION 20!!!! Will never again touch an Asko product with a 20 foot pole!!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I paid for two products out of desperate need for a home office, with the delivery expected time within 2 weeks from purchase. I paid these with cash (never will I do this again). Next day I found a shop next to my flat where I could purchase these items and carry them by hand to my flat (only recently moved to Plzen Czechia for work from Dublin). I went back to the Plzen department of the Asko store and asked for my money back as the items never moved from the shop and I was about to start work. But the staff told me I can only get 6 month valid vouchers. That is crap when Amazon gives you the product and returns the money right away if anything.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The washer died in less than a year. It was serviced and worked once. It died and they ordered a new on/off switch. Took a long time and technician said that switch dies often. Worked once and died. Asko says problem was after warranty ended but all service calls were in the warranty period. Asko says, "I don't care."

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Let me start by saying my old washing machine before this one was an Asko that lasted me 12 years, and I've left positive reviews for that. This one is the worst dud. What makes it worse, was Asko customer service. It died 2 weeks after it ran out of warranty. It was back and forth between ACCC and Asko for 6 weeks. I was without a washing machine for the long before they repaired it under warranty. 1 year after that, it died again for a different reason. This time, it was going to cost $1430 to repair. Not good enough for a $2300 washing machine. Terrible after sales service. Takes ages to get through on the phone, then they're nice to you but nothing gets achieved.

Asko Appliances Company Information