3.5/5 (98 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Asko Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Clothes roll into tight tube and will not rinse well or be clean even with reverse of tub. The dryer rolls clothes into tight tube shape and have to pause cycle to untangle; even single sheet for drying.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

If anyone is considering ASKO don't bother. Useless bunch of ???. Service is a joke. Washing machine paid in full weeks ago, ordered and promised to be delivered 3 times over last few weeks, today being the latest promise.... Guess what.. no bloody machine delivered. Could have bought an LG machine and dryer for less and be using the bloody thing now. Beyond pissed off.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I splurged on an ASKO dishwasher during a recent kitchen model (also have Wolf range and subzero fridge). What a waste of money! In three years, I have had someone to the house at least 5 times. Replaced the control panel, etc. Now it's broken again and I am not spending another penny on this lemon. It doesn't do as good a job as my $500 GE before it. At least 25% of the dishes have to rewashed after the cycle. I'll be back to GE. NEVER AGAIN! Do not waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

We purchase an Asko Pyrolytic Oven in March 2020. It was installed in May 2020 as part of a new kitchen renovation. The oven did not work out of the box. A service technician has visited our house on a number of occasions now, and the oven still does not work...As of 30 September 2020. There is no end in sight to having this resolved. DO NOT BUY ASKO.... effectively, your warranty is meaningless!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have been dealing with ASKO (and an ASKO recommended repairer) relating to repair of an ASKO OP8631S oven. I needed a relay module (F7 fault) and have been waiting for spares to arrive in Australia for just over 5 months with shipping delays due to COVID the apparent reason for the delay. ASKO told me on the 9th Sept 2020 that the part was now available and today have advised me it’s not available and they no longer manufacture parts for that model! I can’t get a straight answer from them as to what is going on or why was I told last Friday it was available and now I’m told it isn’t.

Like others, you pay a premium for an oven of this type and I was reasonably impressed with its performance and I’ve only had two blown elements before this fault. Although I did buy an ASKO gas cooktop at the same time and that is rubbish, the contact center was helpful in the beginning. However, once it became apparent I had been given the run around for 5 months, (I don’t think the part was ever on its way.) they have become less helpful to the point where they don’t answer my queries except to briefly keep repeating “parts no longer available.” My last email to them has not been answered. Based on my after-sales experience I would not recommend ASKO products to anyone and would suggest they steer well clear of them. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with the Hisense takeover of ASKO and issues they’re having with the factory in Slovenia.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I have an ASKO RANGE HOOD, simply does not do what it is suppose to do and cannot get any service or satisfactory solutions to this problem, makes my dream house quite annoying especially when I love to cook.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I purchased all my kitchen appliances for our new house from Asko including a Pyro OP8678G oven, which in 2.5 years has had to be repaired 3 times. Asko has been extremely unhelpful in assisting me. Their service is very poor. Long waits on hold for customer service and never replies to emails. I am very disappointed as Asko used to have a good reputation and quality products but it seems now that their quality and customer service has gone out the window.

Original review: July 7, 2020

After purchasing a washing machine (8KG Front Loader Washing Machine: W4086P.W.AU), dryer and pedestal drawer from ASKO in March 2020, we have had the washing machine replaced because the first one was faulty then the 2nd machine repaired twice because it leaked. We are awaiting our third replacement pedestal drawer because the first two were faulty. Customer service is non-existent. Highly recommend NEVER buying from this company.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Was convinced to purchase Asko based on the sales pitch on their quality and ther warranty. I purchased their washing machine and dryer through Harvey Norman and arranged delivery time to coincide with HN and others. After it didn't arrive I called and waited an hour. Finally, I left my phone number and they called back. They informed they had it for delivery 2 days later. Umm no. When it arrived there was only the washing machine and not the dryer. Again another hour on the phone and I gave up. Long story short took me 2 days to get through to their support office. Absolutely appalling customer service. I am dreading if there is an issue based on what's happened.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I purchased an ASKO washer/dryer in November 2019. Today 05/13/2020 I'm having problems with it. The gasket came off. The technician was here, worked on it. He put the gasket on but it looks terrible, like a 2 yr. old put it on. He messed up the door where it's now hard to close and scratched it. It's now making weird noises. Worse. $2,000 machine.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I purchased an Asko oven/cooktop/range hood, costing approx $7000. We have had issues with the oven since we first purchased it. We have had parts replaced and nothing has resolved the issue with the griller causing an error code 7. We were informed by the Asko service dep that it was due to humidity and we would have to reset the oven by the power box every time the error code came on. We live in a humid city. We emailed three different departments at Asko over a month ago to express our disappointment and was seeking an exchange or refund. We have received not one response. Our next step is local rep and Consumer Affairs.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I bought an ASKO dishwasher in 2017 because I was told it would last a long time. Not the case at all. December 2019 I noticed that the dishes weren’t clean on the top rack. I tried cleaning different detergents which did nothing. After running numerous cycles I noticed that the bottom spray arm was the only one spinning during the cycle, this was in January 2020. A technician came by to diagnose the issue February 03. He said it would be a week to get the parts. The part arrived a few months later and he came by again on April 17 and told me he needed more parts and it would be about a week to get in. It’s now May 12 and nothing yet. I bought a dishwasher to wash dishes, it’s been doing absolutely nothing but wasting my time. I will just toss the dishwasher and buy another brand. Sick and tired of waiting. Do not buy.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I helped my elderly parents purchase a Asko Oven last year.. It started playing up within the first few months. Three occasions it self locked and we had to have a technician come out under warranty to unlock it. The technician disconnected the oven saying it was faulty. That was 7 weeks ago and we are still waiting for them to replace the oven! Yes seven weeks and still waiting. My parents live on a rural property so haven’t easy access to takeaway shops etc. Each time we contact them they promise to ring back with a solution but fail to even return calls. Their Moorabbin warranty centre don’t seem to care how long it takes. A lady even joked with me she wouldn’t be going to have dinner at my parents with no oven.

My 80 year old parents who are still independent are still without a oven. The oven wasn’t even 2 months old when it first had problems. I would not ever buy a asko product out of Victoria. If it breaks down the Moorabbin warranty centre won’t do anything anytime soon. But they will give you lots of excuses as to why they haven’t. They are incompetent! Simple fact. As I write this review my parents are still waiting to get their new oven and still waiting the return phone call asko continues to promise. I will never buy a asko product again. Save your money and buy products half the price with far better customer service and reliability. If I could give it a -5 I would.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I Purchased an Asko DS3100ss Dishwasher in 18/09/2004, I have had two repair call outs in the last two years for faulty wiring loom which has been earthing out to the chassis. A local Asko Invoice ** and **. I believe that this is a dangerous situation and would be common to all their machines, so be careful. I mentioned that this is an issue to the service man who in turn replied with "Well it is getting old. They are no good after 10 years." The machine has performed as the designer intended but a faulty wiring loom is dangerous and costing me money. Not them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Bought an Asko dishwasher 7 years ago. Began to rust at the front within a few months. Front replaced (Supposed to be stainless steel for goodness sake). Some time later the surrounds around the dials showed rust. Sent photos to Asko who said it was from using harsh abrasives, which was rubbish. This month, after very little use over the 7 years (in fact, wasn't used much at all) it began leaking from the front bottom corner. Repairman said the seam was split and was unrepairable. Very disappointed to say the least. First and last Asko product I will EVER buy.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

We renovated our house and put in two brand new Asko dishwashers. The day we moved in, the appliances both broke down. Asko replaced them within a couple of days. 1.4 years later, the replacements have each broken down multiple times and required new control panels. The parts take a long time to get so a wait of a month or more is normal. This is the worst appliance purchase we have ever made. I will never again buy an Asko product.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

My previous washing machine was a $400 Fisher & Paykel. Worked for 14 years then died. Spent $1700 to buy an Asko, malfunctioned in the 4th year. Costed me $225 to fix it. So DON'T BUY ASKO! CRAP! Just spend a third of the money and buy a Fisher & Paykel or any other mainstream ones.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I have 6 of these machine at my work and I figured out what is wrong with these things. They build up of lent inside the heating ventilation systems that just go within itself. The fan motor seizes and so does the bearings making it unable to rotate. Thank you. Shawn **

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have 3 homes. My favorite is the Fisher & Paykel drawers. Efficient. The deep drawers hold everything. Large pots and tall wine glasses. The Asko will Not hold tall glasses. The silverware basket is not deep enough to hold silverware. And the start time of 2 to 4 sec is not enough. It was recommended by Sub-Zero which I am a huge fan. A KitchenAid would be better. If I could I would replace this piece of junk. Very disappointed in Dallas!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Our builder installed Asko dishwasher from Sub-Zero, it had broken soap dispenser. It took them 3 weeks to replace it, then 2 months later start button quit working and it took another 3 weeks to get it replaced.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Overall the Asko washer and dryer we have is incredibly perfect. They are reliable and fit neat in a 2'x2' space stacked. The only complaint is that they are super expensive and expensive to repair. For example, we needed to repair the dryer and the installation of a simple fan belt cost $600.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Water stays in bottom of washer after a run through. Water doesn’t completely drain. Mainly in cup at bottom. Has anyone had that problem? Is it normal? That’s after a load run through. It is an older Asko. I have turner off breaker for 30 seconds. And, have run through with vinegar and hot water. Checked catcher for residue. Checked drain pipe. Any ideas?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Had an old dishwasher which had some issue, called up customer service and they were very rude and uncooperative. Called them thrice for some issues and got all three different consultants and all of them are the same. The attitude was 'If you want it take it else leave it'.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

My dishwasher caught fire in the middle of the night on February 8th 2018... 10 months later and we still have not heard from them as to what the cause was. The dishwasher was supposed to be jointly dismantled by my insurance company and Asko. Asko is missing in action. They will not return any calls or send a representative. I had to get my children out in -15 weather when it caught fire... Our builders and insurance company were the only ones that have helped us. DO NOT BUY from ASKO.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

It has a little tray to put sharp knives in. You can wash top or bottom shelf. The silverware basket can be removed-easier to put the silverware away. Dishes have always come out clean!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We bought an Asko dishwasher 2 years ago and it has failed to wash dishes properly since new. We have been trying to seek a resolution for this problem for years and have been fobbed off with a list of reasons for why the problems exist. On the first callout, the technician altered the water level. They have said that Asko deliberately set water levels low so Asko can get a better water efficiency rating. We have been told that Asko is not made for Australian conditions, they have suggested that we use too little or too much powder, there may be blockages or twists in hoses. Apparently they found fault in the motherboard which was changed, now they say it is the heating module. NONE of these fixes have solved the problem and the service department are difficult to get hold of and one was actually rude. At this point, we would definitely not recommend buying an Asko dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

This is a seriously overpriced machine (Asko Dishwasher) for what it does -- and doesn't do! It's not as quiet as a Bosch, it doesn't clean as well as a Kitchen Aid. Worst of all, reliability and service are through the floor -- it malfunctions, the servicemen don't know how to fix it, even with error codes, they scratch and dent it when they attempt repairs, and replacement parts take forever. I have had to wait two weeks for an uncertain repair. You may think these are made in Sweden, but they're actually made in Slovenia, as a result of a bankruptcy (well deserved) of the original company. I HATE my ASKO, the manufacturer, and the service people! AVOID THIS BRAND!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We bought an ASKO W6884 ECO washing machine which worked well until just over two years old and out of warranty, it started making slits in clothing amid a loud squeaking noise. I contacted ASKO who sent a service man costing $100, he telling me that the machine needed a new drive belt which would take a few days and cost $200. When he rang to return with this part, he asked me to disconnect the machine and have it ready for him, out from the cabinetry where I'd paid ASKO to install it when we bought it. I declined, politely telling him that it was his job.

When he arrived, he requested some towels which I assumed were to absorb any leaking water, but was surprised a short time later to find the kitchen floor and adjacent cabinetry awash, with him having rolled the towels up under his knees. A short time later, I heard a loud banging coming from the kitchen, and on walking in, found him kneeling on our towels, vigorously banging a claw hammer onto a shifting spanner to undo the lock nut at the back of the drum. He told me that the lock nuts on ASKO machines were always difficult to undo, that often these were sealed in with Loctite.

I told him to stop, to use a ring spanner as he was stripping the lock nut to which he replied that he didn't have one which very much surprised me. I told him to stop work and rang ASKO's service manager, an extremely rude, arrogant woman called Varni to whom I related what had happened and that I was very unhappy. The repairman appears to have been a backyarder contracted by ASKO, he having come without towels or proper tools, leaving the place with the floor and cabinetry still awash. I shall never buy or recommend ASKO to anyone, and hope for ASKO's sake that I never change my sales' job to selling household appliances.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Expensive and until now reliable 5 year old Asko W6444 front loading washing machine (purchased Oct. 2012). In May 2017 the gap seal burst out of machine door while machine was on. Contacted Asko to request a technician to come out. I explained what had happened. Person on phone said "we know about that problem". He said there is a Youtube video that we can watch explaining how to replace the seal ourselves and that way save a technician coming out. I asked if perhaps the seal had now stretched and might come off again. He said "it is a bit of a design fault". We watched the video and couldn't do it. Rang them again. The woman said we would have to pay for a technician to come out. I said "That's unfair because I was told it was a design fault". She repeated that we would have to pay. We needed the machine fixed and so I said "Alright, we'll pay in the first instance but I will take it further".

I then contacted Consumer Affairs. They said we shouldn't have to pay if it's a design fault. After it was fixed I wrote to Asko saying I wanted a refund for the technician. I received a reply which said the problem was my fault because either I had 1. an unbalanced load (my husband and I were standing next to the machine which sounded normal when suddenly the seal burst through the door). 2. Tried to clean the cabinet or seal area and rubbed it too hard (I hadn't cleaned it recently at all). 3. There was a water leakage because I had not pushed back the detergent dispenser properly (rubbish).

She said it was "certainly not a manufacturing defect" and was "a purely cosmetic part that can come off due to just normal wear and tear". She said that we were definitely obliged to pay. She said "I am sorry I cannot assist with refunding any costs AT THIS STAGE" (my capitals). Does this imply if I continue to argue she might... Pathetic. This problem is obviously VERY common for them to go to the expense and trouble of making a Youtube video on how to fix it yourself. Rubbish response.

Original review: June 6, 2017

We have done everything including having the rep visit our home and our Asko dishwasher either fails to dry the dishes or the detergent holder fails to open. This is our second Asko. The old one performed flawlessly for several years before finally wearing out. The new one is terrible and we cannot recommend it even though the company has tried to rectify the issues up to but NOT including replacing the unit. We will never buy another Asko appliance.

Asko Appliances Company Information