1.29/5
  • 1 star
Based on 55 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: June 23, 2017

73 Asko Appliances Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 10, 2013

We purchased our first Asko dishwasher 10 years ago. We burned out 2 circuit boards and a pump motor. It also leaked and wrecked the wood flooring in front of unit. We called dealer, they offered $100 toward a new one. We called Roth our area distributor. They offered 500 off a new one, which is not half but thought better than wrecking our new floor. So now we are at 6 years on second washer. We had a service tech out and this one has $850 worth of work needed. It leaked and took out pump motor and main circuit board again. It is very disappointing. 1150 for 2 dishwashers not to last more than 5 years each.

Original review: July 19, 2013

Purchased an Asko dishwasher as part of a major remodel. Wanted high grade appliances Subzero refer, Bluestar range Asko dishwasher. $2k spent on dishwasher has broken down 7 times. Asked on breakdown 6 and 7 for a replacement and that was refused. Will simply replace it. Junk. Strongly advise all consumers to avoid this brand.

Original review: June 25, 2013

Do not buy any Asko products. The dishwasher does not clean; the machine will break. The washing machine motor will burn out in one year and Asko will not provide any help!

Original review: May 30, 2013

We own an ASKO dishwasher. It is the worst dishwasher we have ever owned. All the glasses on the top rack have a fine grit on them after being washed in the dishwasher. All dishes must be almost hand washed before they are out into the dishwasher, or they will have the food particles on them after washing. The top rack is terrible. Dishes just do not get clean on the top rack. The racks on the bottom are constantly falling down. When we initially got the dishwasher, we had pasta and sauce for dinner. Of course the salesperson said that we didn't need to and shouldn't rinse the dishes before they went into the dishwasher... Well, all the dishes came out with a fine layer of sauce on them! The dishes then had to be taken out, scrubbed and put back in the dishwasher! This is a TERRIBLE dishwasher, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2012

I purchased an Asko washer/dryer combo on 11/26/10, registered warranty on 1/20/11. Unit needed repair within 1 year. I called service tech (after getting approval from Asko). No problem. Within days, it needed another repair. It took over 2 months as Asko had to send the part. Now, we are on #3 repair. It's been almost 3 months and I have no working unit. Today, Asko says our warranty is not valid, yet our initial call (3 or so months ago!) involved a repair person coming out, Asko telling us and the tech they were sending the parts, and an offer to basically rebuild the unit. No repairs have happened.

By the way, 3 years from 11/26/10 is 11/26/13. It's Dec. 21, 2012. My husband has had many phone calls and emails with various people. Finally, Chris ** agreed to refund us $550 for the unit. I am more skeptical and called again for more information and was told it will be $550 toward the purchase of another Asko washer. I was also told they do not make washer/dryer combo units. Well! What's the point? Asko made one before. We have the WCAM 1812. We purchased a supposedly top-of-the-line product that doesn't work. Why would I buy anything else from this company? Asko hasn't honored this warranty. Why would I expect them to honor any of their warranties on any of their products?

I can go online, enter our serial and model # and pull up a page that says it's a 3-year, Bumper to Bumper, No Worry Parts and Labor Warranty. Yet, I still have a useless piece of junk sitting in my home purchased from a company that continues to lie to me. Their customer service reps just seem depressed and are virtually useless. But I will continue to call and write until this runs out on 11/26/2013.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asko Appliances?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2012

Worst dishwasher I have ever owned! I have tried to file defects with Asko and all they have are excuses. My dishes are never clean. It is the most expensive drying rack I have ever owned. All I do is hand wash my dishes and let it dry in the dishwasher.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2012

We purchased an Asko SS dishwasher Model D1876 10 years ago for $980 and have had nothing but problems with it. It first started on fire (the motherboard needed to be replaced), approximately 4 leaking issues, 2 overflow issues, thermostat replacement, cycling issues (machine would never turn off). Last month, we had another overflow and leaking issue and as soon as that was repaired, the motherboard went bad again just last week. Asko was called by our authorized repair company and they were told that the motherboard was no longer a part they were making or backing. Asko told our repairman to tell us, "Just go buy another dishwasher." Really? Who makes a product and stops making replacement parts for it? What are my options with this company?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2012

My parents bought a "top of the range" Asko Front Loader Washing Machine. It continually broke down with problems to the door. The machine became a safety issue as the machine keeps running even when the Front door is open. Finally, I received a call back from Asko several months after first complaining. The new service manager took ownership and sent a serviceman to check the machine. Rang me and said we'll replace the useless parts but you pay labor of $190. If I didn't like that, he'd send the serviceman away and it'll be a $99 call out fee to inspect their broken down washer. That's not service, simply revenue raising.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2012

Asko dishwasher - My advice, just don't buy one. Nothing but trouble from installation through numerous repairs. Plus, it never was really quiet nor did a good job of cleaning. Now even though the dishwasher is less than 10 years old, they no longer make spare parts for it. Who makes a premium product and then stops making spare parts?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2012

I paid premium and bought the ASKO dishwasher from Pacific Sales. Once you pay your money, you are at their mercy! It’s hard to schedule installation at their pleasure. The dishwasher constantly malfunctions - it leaks and won’t stop beeping. When they come to fix the beep, they make the pump stop working. The dealer, the manufacturer, and the repair person - none of them take responsibility and each one wants you to call the other.

Original review: June 22, 2012

I bought it on 8/20/2010 at Corning Building Co. Corning, NY 14830. I had gas fumes and H7 alarm displayed. I replaced the regulator, it worked for a while. Same thing happened a few months later. I replaced the same part. A few months later, gas fumes in laundry room and H7 alarm. Also, I had Corning Natural Gas verify pressure on two occasions. This happened a fourth time with gas fumes in the house, H7 alarm. This time, they replaced the ignitor on April 13, 2011. Now we have the same alarm and gas fumes for the fifth time. I asked for replacement or refund past three times, but they have refused.

Original review: April 6, 2012

Our model 1876 Asko dishwasher started on fire and burned a hole through the door panel. We were lucky my wife smelled the smoke and called the fire department. A fireman said another few minutes the whole kitchen would have been in flames. Asko's response, "Don't bother us as the washer is no longer under warranty." An apology may have been appropriate.

Original review: April 4, 2012

I bought my original ASKO washing machine and dryer in 1998. They lasted until 2008 with barely a repair. I was so pleased that I replaced them with another pair. In four years, I have had 1 dryer repair and I have now just had the washer serviced and it needs a new pump again! Because I didn't register my units within 90 days, I only got 2 years of warranty, instead of 3 years. Strange that they punish you a whole year just for not sending the card in promptly!

In any case, the first pump that failed was covered for parts only. I just made it within the 2 year warranty. With this new pump, they give you 1 year warranty. Strange that the original pump came with either 2 or 3 year warranty but they can't warranty a new pump for longer than 1 year! What’s the difference? Now that pump is gone and I need a new one. I am beyond the one year of the replacement pump. Honestly, it's not good that a machine of only 4 years old has gone thru 2 pumps! There's something wrong.

Bottom line is that I called and spoke to a number of people at ASKO but they don't think out of the box and the "warranty is the warranty and you're out of the warranty" blah, blah, blah, really annoying. I explained to them I have been a consumer of theirs since '98 but they didn't seem to care at all. Too bad because I wouldn't think about buying another one ever again! Junk product - lemon!

Original review: March 26, 2012

We purchased an Asko dishwasher in August 2009, thinking that we had a 3-year warranty. Today, March 2012, the dishwasher is in need of repair for standing water, and when I called for company service, they told me that my unit is not under warranty. The company requires that you register your appliance within 90 days in order to receive the third year of coverage. Because I did not register within the 90-day period, I will have to pay for a service call. The supervisor at customer service said that this is their policy and there was nothing she can do about it.

I would like to know-- why does this policy exist? The warranty should be determined by the purchase date and not on an arbitrary designation based on sending in a postcard. Secondly, many customers, including my self, are resistant to sending their information to a company when there is no apparent need for it. I perceive this 90-day registration to be an excuse to collect marketing information, and I resent that Asko is putting this "policy" above the principle of taking care of their customers.

Original review: March 15, 2012

I bought a washer and dryer, that was bought second hand from a reputable Asko dealer. It was still within its warranty period. After 5 days of usage, the washer quit working. I called Asko, and for two days, they asked for sales receipts, had the installer go out and check and make sure it was all hooked up, and verify it was not a user or install problem. It took 2-3 days to re-register the product. Then when it came time to actually do the work, they said it was not under warranty, because the original purchaser had not registered it within 90 days of purchase. I talked with a supervisor as well, and all they did was say it was policy, policy, policy, like they were robots. If this was the problem, why did they waste 2-3 days of our time, and have people go out and check things out?

Would I ever buy Asko again? Absolutely not. They treat their customers like dirt, and talked down to me, because the original purchaser did not register on time, and I should have checked this out before purchase. For as expensive as their product is, you think you would get better customer service. For them, it was all about being registered, the numbers, nothing about the human on the other end. The story does have a happy ending though. The appliance dealer took back the Asko appliances, apologized, and brought out a new pair of Electrolux, and did not charge for the delivery. Hamilton's Appliance in Gladstone Oregon rocks! They have awesome service. Asko customer service needs to have more humanity, and not waste people's time, and then in the end, deny them service. It’s not a good way of keeping your customers.

Original review: March 14, 2012

I bought an ASKO dishwasher and it broke after three or four wash loads. The entire microprocessor went out. I wanted a refund. They refuse and say that they don't have to take the dishwasher back because the warranty states that they can repair it. It seems to me that if a company sells a defective product, they should be willing to take it back for a refund. Their "customer relations" person was condescending and treated me horribly. Ugh.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2011

My Asko is not even 6 years old and I have been told by my repair men that I need to replace the control board at a cost of $400. I thought this was a top of the line but this is not the first repair on this dishwasher. My last GE dishwasher lasted 15 years with no problems. The only thing high on this high-end product is the price.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

I bought what I thought was supposed to be a top of the line dishwasher. It cleans sometimes. The glasses come out dirtier than they went in. Food sticks on the dishes, etc. Asko does not care about the client. The water is not hot enough. The pipe is the problem, they always find a reason to blame the client instead of the product. I had a 15 year old dishwasher and then a Maytag that lasted many years without a problem. I will never buy another Asko item.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2011

My top and bottom racks in my Asko dishwasher are rusting and the pegs are breaking off. It is 7-1/2 years old and was supposed to be a top of the line dishwasher. It will cost $300 to replace the racks! My GE dishwasher in my old house was still there when I sold the house 17 years later, without repairs to the DW. Currently, there is an ad from my local dealer offering an $849 Bosch dishwasher for $499. Why would I ever replace the Asko racks when I can get the new Bosch? Why would I even consider buying or recommending an Asko to anyone if Asko doesn't stand behind their product? What is this company thinking? As a business owner, I understand the importance of customer satisfaction and word of mouth advertising.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2011

This is my 6th Asko washer since our original purchase. Thank goodness we have an awesome additional insurance. After last replacement, Asko offered us 3 days to give us $400.00 to get rid of us for our $1500.00 machine, which we refused. Yes, they replaced the machines that many times. But why did these machines not hold up? Shouldn’t they be required to continue coverage? We should still have 4 years on the recent Asko washer. We have no company backup. The service for the additional warranty is covering for another 6 months. The bearing is going now. Every time I need service, I’m without a machine for a month. I’m really frustrated with Asko’s material.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2011

I bought a package washing machine and dryer with the ironing board included. I bought it from Retravision who told us that it was a new model, so we bought it after the sales person said that Asko is very reliable and we wouldn't have any problems. It was only a month in and already the washing machine was playing up; we put up with the problem for a couple of months but became unbearable. Now, the dryer isn't spinning and one problem after the next. We then find out from the service people that the units we bought were actually four years old stock; not what we were told when we purchased them.

I would love for someone from Asko Management to rectify this problem, so we have machines that actually work.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2011

After only two years of minimal use, our Asko dishwasher is no longer functional. It has stopped pumping water. I've learned that it is a common problem that the pump stops working. It was supposed to be an expensive, "high-end" machine and we paid a great deal for what we thought was a well-made dishwasher. In comparison, we have previously purchased a Bosch dishwasher for the same price and after 15 years, it is still working perfectly.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2011

Two weeks ago, we ordered a small part for our Asko dishwasher. We were told it would be in our home in NJ in 4 business days, which would have the part to us on Friday. The price to ship the small part was $18! Why? Because Asko claims to have a special deal with UPS. On Friday, the part did not arrive. We called but the parts department was already closed - an hour earlier than its posted hours.

On Monday, no part came. We called again. They stated that the part would be with us no later than Tuesday, end of the day. Can we get a tracking number? "No," Asko responded, "We don't give out that information." Tuesday comes and goes. Wednesday, still no part came. Thursday morning, we called again. They put me on hold to contact UPS and discovered that the part went to New Mexico. At this point, my dishwasher has been broken for weeks. Their response was, "Sorry for your frustration." I state that the mistake was made on their part and that I want the part shipped overnight.

At $18 for shipping, it's ridiculous not to have the part in two days! They could have shipped it through priority mail and given better service for a fraction of the cost. Their response was, "Asko will let UPS know that that is what you'd like." I stated back, "No, I wanted Asko to direct them to ship the part overnight or ship a new part directly from the warehouse overnight. This was their mistake." Again, their response was that they contacted UPS in New Mexico and had let them know that we want the part overnight. At this point, I asked to speak to a supervisor, the person said, "She isn't here, but I'll take your number and she'll call you back." I received no phone call.

This isn't the first experience I've had with Asko. It will be the last. I wouldn't recommend them at all. Their level of customer care is horrible.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2011

I bought the Asko 3251 model dishwasher when I had my house built. I've had to make more service calls on it than the $200 Kenmore dishwasher in my very first home.

There have been constant problems with water not draining, water leaking under the machine, main board failure. The latest problem is the need to replace the diverter value. When I called Asko to complain about the large number of problems, they simply acted as if it wasn't their problem. No offer to help in any way.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2011

I have a washer (W6903) and the control panel stopped working properly. I called ASKO back in April to have it fixed. That started a series of frustrating events that has me here today in August, with my machine still not working. They had me set an appointment with a local repair service (American Home Products - Los Angeles). They came out and confirmed that the panel needed to be replaced and then tried to extract non-warranty payments for knobs. I complained and they backed off from that, but said they may need to replace knobs when they replaced the panel but that would be on them. They finally go the part, replaced it and then broke the knob.

Do you think they had the knob in question? No. Then they told me it was on back order and I had to wait more than a month before they go the part. Once they got the part, they scheduled an appointment and just didn't show up. They did not call to reschedule or apologize for not showing up. I have since been going around in circles with ASKO to have them set up a new company. ASKO's repair service has to be the worst I've ever encountered.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2010

I have had an Asko dishwasher for nine years. It has had several needed repairs and now appears to be at the end of its life. Water collects under the floor of the appliances and causes error messages and a pump that won't shut off. Nobody in my area (St. Paul, MN) can fix this. Asko help line requires long waits. There is a quick fix; taking the bottom panel off and drying out the underneath parts, but the problem comes right back during the next wash. I cautioned anyone about buying an Asko dishwasher.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2010

On Saturday, 11/27/2010, my Asko dishwasher model **** caught fire. The pc board was damaged. I contacted Asko and I was told to get a technician to inspect and photo damage. The technician did that and forwarded results to Asko. The parts are no longer available and Asko refuses to replace the unit. The dishwasher is included in CPSC recall number ****. Do I have any recourse?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2010

Every three to four months, my washer goes on the blink. My dryer takes over an hour to dry a simple load. I will sell this washer and dryer for $450

Original review: Sept. 28, 2010

We bought a dishwasher in 2004. It has given us numerous problems. Every time we order a new part, it takes about 2 months to get it. Right now we are waiting for a part that is on back order.

We were never even told it was on back order until we made numerous phone calls to our service provider (Jimmy's range) inquiring about the part. The machine has been broken for about a month and a half. I feel that for the amount of money we paid ($900 in 2004). Ask should have better service and repair.

We are now giving up and purchasing a new dishwasher. This problem has occured too many times. We actually had to shut off the circuit breaker to the dishwasher because of the constant grinding noise. We could not even shut off the appliance any other way.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2010

I have an Asko washing machine purchased inMmarch 2007. In May 2010, the washer shut down in the middle of a white cycle on the highest water temperature. It lost all power and we couldn't even get the door open to get the clothes out. The machine was just two months out of warranty, so Asko covered the parts and labor with one-time "concession" for an out-of-warranty repair. Now, three months later, the washer has done the same thing. It overheated and shut down in the middle of a white cycle.

The repair technician diagnosed the problem as a faulty heating element this time. He indicated that he thought that the heating element was probably the problem in May but hadn't been diagnosed correctly. I have been on the phone with Asko every morning for the past week, trying to get them to, at a minimum, cover the cost of the heating element as an additional part in their one-time, out-of-warranty "concession" since I have an appliance technician telling me that it was probably misdiagnosed in May.

They were completely unyielding, so at this point, six months out of warranty, I have close to $500 costs in service calls, parts and labor on a three-year old "high-end" fancy washing machine. I do not recommend Asko appliances. They're expensive to begin with, and I'm afraid that they will continue to be expensive to maintain given my experience so far. Their customer service representatives have limited ability to problem solve and everything has to go through "management."

When I got a manager on the phone, she was worse than the phone reps. She said to me twice, "You know, I'm sorry but warranties don't last forever." It was very patronizing and insulting. I was trying to be reasonable and ask Asko to meet me half way by splitting the cost of the heating element or picking up some of the labor cost. She was absolutely unyielding and had no interest in improving the customer experience. Very frustrating. Buyer beware, the Asko customer service model is seriously flawed.

Asko Appliances Company Information