2. Elder Care

Ascent Stairlifts
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.78/5

Take a Stair Lift Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Ever since its opening in 2008, Ascent Stairlifts has been striving to provide the highest quality straight stairlifts at affordable prices. We focus exclusively on straight stairlifts which work great for clients with straight staircases or staircases with a flat landing in the middle.

At Ascent Stairlifts our customers are our top priority. We understand that every customer is different which is why we listen to your accessibility needs and recommend a solution that best works for you. With a variety of stairlifts, Ascent Stairlifts is ready to assist you in your journey to independence. Contact us today to learn more about our stairlifts.

Take a Stair Lift Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Ascent Stairlifts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ascent Stairlifts?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ascent Stairlifts?

Original review: March 22, 2018

I went after Ascent Stairlifts about two years ago and got a price from them but I couldn’t afford it. Then, we dug up the old file and I looked back into it and found the number. I called them and got a price from them again. The installers were good and it was okay with their accessibility consultants except they never told me I had to run electricity to it. I was expecting a workable stairlift when they were done and they said they were only the installers. They don’t do electric. They should have let me know that at the beginning then I could have had things set up by the time the stairlift got there. But the stairlift fits well and I have an electrician that’s supposed to be coming in the next couple of week to run electric.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for your purchase Jeff. All stairlifts run on battery power but plug into a standard electrical outlet to recharge those batteries when the unit is resting at the top or bottom.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

When my husband was at a convalescent home, the social worker gave me the name of Ascent Stairlifts and so that's the one that I went with. We've only had it a couple of months and I like the fact that my husband is able to get from downstairs to upstairs or upstairs to downstairs because he can't negotiate the stairs. But because of the way the house is set up, there's only one docking station, which is downstairs. So, when it comes upstairs, a lot of times, it chirps. And if my husband is not quite ready to get onto the chairlift to go downstairs, then there's that little black button on the side that you have to press. So far, it works and we are able to go, but I'm afraid that sometimes it may not. Overall, their reps were very nice and helpful. Sometimes, they don't get back right away, but they eventually do. So, my experience has been satisfactory.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you Linda. I will be calling you to address the charging issue at the top.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My wife has neuropathy and some days are not as good as others though she still walks the stairs as much as she can. In anticipation of needing a stairlift, my daughter did some research and I looked at the reviews. I had Acorn come out but Ascent's stairlift was lower priced and so we had them put a stairlift in. Their consultants were very good and they answered all of my questions. The installers were knowledgeable and did a good job too. We got a standard stairlift and it gets the job done. Everything went smoothly with Ascent and they were very easy to work with.

Glad we could help!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I saw some Ascent Stairlifts reviews online and they all seemed to be favorable. We had a good interaction with their consultant and my questions were always answered promptly and to my satisfaction. I did the installation myself but the instructions from the PDFs that the consultant sent me were very thorough. I had no trouble setting it up and it works fine right out of the box. We got the optional folding leg at the bottom which lets us fold it up to keep it from sticking out there where it might be a trip hazard for my grandkids. So, we like that particular item the best. Ascent Stairlifts is a very good company to deal with. They have a great product at a good price. And there's plenty of support, both for the installation process and after-installation, and I would highly recommend it.

Thanks William!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

We chose Ascent based on its reputation. The consultant we dealt with was very helpful, knowledgeable and professional, and so was the tech during the installation. He also showed us how to use it with no problem. Our stairlift is perfect for our applications and it gets the job done. It gives my wife much more mobility in the house. I’d recommend them

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for the review!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

The consultant from Ascent Stairlifts was very thorough and I appreciated her input. And the installers were very cooperative and very accommodating. The stairlift made my life much easier. I like the ease of going up and down the stairs. I had a very nice experience with Ascent and they answered all my questions to my satisfaction.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad to hear it is working well!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had a foot operation and I'm not supposed to put any weight on the foot for six weeks, which is very difficult. This is a two-story house so we need to have something so I could get upstairs. My neighbor had a stairlift put in and she suggested Ascent Stairlifts. We went down and their people were very pleasant and helpful. They had a variety of different lifts that I could use and try, and different prices for different locations. Their rep anticipated questions that I might have and she was very knowledgeable. They got the stairlift in within a couple of days after we bought it. The installation was fine and it took an hour. The stairlift gets me up and down the stairs. It's great and very easy to use. It doesn't take up a whole lot of space too. Plus, it has made my life easier. I would recommend Ascent Stairlifts.

Thank you Ann!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

The consultant of Ascent Stairlifts answered all my questions and she was very nice. She did all the measurements and discovered that I had a bookcase at the bottom of the stairs that had to be moved over because we needed an extra seven inches so the chair would go all the way down and I could get off without having to step down an extra step. It was mounted on the wall, the kind that you put up three of four boards with holes in them and then you snap the shelf in. The installer was very good. We talked about the bookcase because I was concerned. I almost said, “If we’re going to have to take that out I don’t want to do it because I like it there.” But he just said, “No. We’ll move it over.” And their cost was very modest to move it over. I’m sure glad I went ahead and put it in.

Half of my house is downstairs -- my laundry room, my guest room, my office, and my family room are all downstairs. So if I want to do a little laundry I had to carry it down but now I can sit on the chair and put the laundry in my lap and go down. And I have a room under my garage, which has my extra refrigerator and a deep freeze in it. It’s at the bottom of the stairs too so I can get right down and grab something out of the freezer and ride right back up. It has only been a week but it makes everything easier and I don’t get so tired. I don’t know what I did without it. My three daughters wanted me to do this so much and now they’re all happy.

I had all kinds of things that had to be repaired and I wanted to ride down and see what the contractors were doing when they got through and to be sure my washing machine was working. And then they had to adjust something on my furnace and the stairlift made it so easy for me. I would definitely recommend them. I was at Kaiser and the lady standing there with me was saying her son had fallen and damaged several vertebrae. And I said, “Are you thinking about getting a stairlift? I sure recommend Ascent Mobility.”

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you Betty! Glad you are enjoying your new stairlift!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Ascent's cost led me to go to them instead of over others. The purpose was to have something to help my mom to get up and down the steps. We looked at Acorn and they were extremely expensive. We were to go with them, and then I did a little bit more research and found Ascent. It was a no brainer. The accessibility consultant was very knowledgeable about my needs and what we wanted as far as the stairlift. Site survey went really well. However, the person that came out initially told us the left side, but when we had talked it was the right side. My 90-year-old mom was a little confused because they just had the wrong side when the person came out and looked at it.

It was a one-year warranty, but I wish there was another warranty on it. A lot of places sell extended warranty. With my mom being almost 90, she definitely can't fix it herself, if anything would happen to the battery or anything like that. Also, my mother was hoping for the stairlift to move a little faster. She made a comment once that she could have walked up and down the steps twice. They also lack follow-up after they installed it. The light continues to blink and I'm not sure if it's supposed to. But we were well pleased with Ascent. I will tell friends to do research and consider them.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for your business Sharon!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I read reviews online and Ascent Stairlifts had the best reviews. Virginia who was our salesperson made everything simple and I had no hesitation after we met with her because she was thorough and she was friendly. Plus she knows exactly what she was talking about. The consultant came to the house, sat with my husband and I, and was very thorough in telling us what they would do and what it would look like and discussing options. She was also on the stairway with us, looking at the stairs and making her recommendations. It felt like we knew exactly what we needed by the time she left. They took us through the process carefully and answered our questions and made sure that we got a product that worked for us.

The installation team took longer than we expected. They had a difficult job drilling through some tile but they did a fine job. They let us know that it was going to take longer and they did a good cleanup afterwards. We also knew exactly how to use it and troubleshoot it before they left. The stairlift is very helpful for us. We have a greater sense of safety and ability to use all the levels of the house.

Thanks Donna!