toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the very nice review. We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your new stairlift!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I got quotes from a couple of people and the salesperson that came out from Ascent Stairlifts that day was awesome. She was friendly and helpful. My dad wasn't real sure he wanted one but she helped him understand how important it would be and helpful it would be. And then the installer was also awesome. They cleaned up everything and I was really impressed. My dad got the hang of it now and he zips up and down. I would refer them to anyone, anytime.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the positive review. The manual hinge does have some flex at the very bottom. It sounds like what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. Feel free to call us with any questions! 888-380-7227

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

There were two incidents where I almost fell down the stairs and there were about nine steps there so I would've been injured. We decided to get a stairlift and our son told us that he knew Ascent Stairlifts. He told us to go to them and order it. We did and he paid for it. Now that I've got it, I use it two or three times a day, coming up and down the stairs. It's come in real handy and I'd be lost without it. The installation team did pretty good, however, I was thinking about calling them back. Our stairlift functions very well but we've got one of those fold-down extensions at the bottom of the lift and sometimes it doesn't seem like it's got enough support. That last section dips about four inches and it's like it's going to twist. They might stick another brace under there but I imagine that's probably the way the thing is designed.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review. We hope you are enjoying your new stairlift!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

The Ascent stairlift is very good from my point of view, but my husband hated it because he didn’t like doing it. The machine itself is fine and it does everything it is supposed to do. It blends in well too. When my husband went to an assisted living facility, I unplugged the stairlift but it kept beeping at me. I plugged it back in and now it’s all quiet. Other than that, it was all excellent.

Ascent Stairlifts

We are glad to hear you are satisfied with your purchase. Thank you for the positive review.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

The Ascent Stairlifts installation team was very nice. They came in and blew through it in a very short period of time. The stairlift looks good. It was as we expected it to be and we're content with it.

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your stairlift purchase.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I enjoy the Ascent stairlift I got. It’s awesome. Ascent's customer service rep was really nice and accommodating so I went with them. She answered as soon as I talked to her. She answered my questions and, if she didn’t know, she went and got an answer. The other ones didn’t get back to me or took a long time doing it. It was annoying. When taking pictures or trying to get everything together, I like a quick answer and I couldn’t get them to respond. Ascent's installer did a great job. He took very little time doing it. He was awesome and a really nice guy.

My mother-in-law moved in and on days when she says she can’t make it, I put her on that stairlift and smile. My stairlift is durable, looks great and fits like a glove. It does exactly what they say it would do and Ascent made sure that it fits. I sent them pictures and they talked to me about it, and when the installer came, there were no questions. He knew exactly what he was supposed to do and knew what he was facing. I’ve had people come to install things and they don’t know what they’re doing. The left hand doesn’t talk to the right hand and they have no idea what’s going on. With Ascent, everything is working as promised. It's great because I got exactly what I paid for. I’m very pleased.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ascent Stairlifts?

Ascent Stairlifts

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you are happy with your purchase. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

The Ascent Stairlift has been working fine but I've noticed the last couple of weeks when it gets down to the bottom it gets bumpy and I don't know if that's supposed to be like that or not. We had to have the remote replaced but other than that, it's been working well.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Ascent Stairlifts has been providing stairlift products since 2008. It offers a variety of lifts to meet users' needs and services the entire United States.

• They offer 24/7 tech support: Users can reach a technician at any time of the day or night to help resolve problems with the stairlift.
  • Three types of straight lifts are available: Users who have straight staircases can purchase one of three types of lifts, allowing them to choose the model that best meets their needs.
  • They offer three levels of products: Users can get a silver, gold or platinum product. All products are the same quality and meet safety standards, but higher level products have extra features such as digital displays, wireless remotes or extended warranties.
  • Reconditioned lifts are available: Users can save money by getting a lift that is reconditioned rather than one that is brand new. Reconditioned lifts conform to the same safety and quality standards as new lifts.
  • Payment via Paypal is also available: Users have a variety of payment options, including using Paypal or Paypal Credit.
  • Best for People with limited mobility and people with heart or lung issues.

Ascent Stairlifts Company Profile