4.71/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Ascent Mobility Solutions

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ever since its opening in 2008, Ascent Stairlifts has been striving to provide the highest quality straight stairlifts at affordable prices. We focus exclusively on straight stairlifts which work great for clients with straight staircases or staircases with a flat landing in the middle.

At Ascent Stairlifts our customers are our top priority. We understand that every customer is different which is why we listen to your accessibility needs and recommend a solution that best works for you. With a variety of stairlifts, Ascent Stairlifts is ready to assist you in your journey to independence. Contact us today to learn more about our stairlifts.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: March 30, 2018

90 Ascent Stairlifts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 30, 2018

My accessibility consultant from Ascent Stairlifts was very good and I can always call him up and talk to him. We were informed about everything that might come in. But when they're busy, we cannot talk to them right away. The stairlift is so big and it helps my energy. It's good to have it and the ride is smooth. So far, we've only had a few kinks that come in and they were solved. Ascent is a very good company. When they said it's going to go through, it went through.

Thank you!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My father is older and he needs a stairlift. A good deal for Ascent Stairlifts was posted on eBay. The price was very competitive and it looked like it was the same good quality stairlift that Acorn uses. So, I got it as a gift for my father's new house. I talked to the guy installing it who was on the phone and everything went very well during the installation. Since then, my father has been very happy with it and he says it has really helped him a lot. He said it has made a big difference for him especially when he has to carry up groceries or take out the trash. He also said that it has improved the quality of his life. I'm very happy about Ascent Stairlifts.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad to hear it is working well for your dad!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Both the look of the staircase and the person from the company that we spoke with made us decide on Ascent Stairlifts. He gave us great information about how sturdy it was and what the repairs were going to be. During installation, we had a couple of things that we were after and somebody wrote and tweaked it for us so we’re very happy. My mother would never admit it but it changed her life. We like everything about the company and I would 100% recommend.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for your recommendation of Ascent Stairlifts!

Original review: March 25, 2018

The saleslady from Ascent was a liar so I traded in my stairlift for a better one. She said it helped with the bed care lift. It worked but it was for the wrong side of the stair. I asked for the installer to come in and look at the site before we got it but she told us to just send pictures. We went through a lot of trouble to get somebody to send her pictures and so the whole thing was upsetting. Ascent is out in Denver, Colorado and the installer is in Michigan and had to drive over the whole state to observe or work so that’s why the saleslady didn’t want to send him to look at the site. She didn’t do herself or us any favor. If she wasn’t so greedy, she could have fixed us up with somebody in Michigan but she wanted the money.

By misreading the pictures, she chose and sent the wrong stair chair for us and she was very cocky. The staff installed it because he thought he was supposed to. But upon installation, it was in the way of the door and it wasn’t going to work for us. I called her and told her that so they sent us another one called Harmar. It’s working fine now but we could have avoided all that hullabaloo if she wasn’t such a know-it-all and a good installer would have seen right off that it wasn’t going to work. So we wasted our time and they came in and installed the proper product. She allowed me to return the stair chair that we didn’t want to begin with and get the one that would better suit our needs. I gave her a call and she wasn’t willing to take it and the installer handled it for us. We’re 75 and 80 and we couldn’t pick those things up. The whole thing was crazy and there should be no sympathy for her.

Ascent Stairlifts response

We are sorry you are unhappy with our service, but it seems in the end we were able to provide you with a stairlift that meets your needs.

Because we sell stairlifts across the country, we don't have sales teams on the ground. We received pictures of the staircase and reviewed options with the client. There is a door at the bottom of the staircase and so we recommended our most popular lift with a hinged rail at the bottom to provide access to the door. When our technician installed the lift, the client was not happy about the manual hinge or the chair itself. We agreed to send her a different model that would be installed on the other side of the client's wide staircase. The technician returned to the house to install the new lift which appears to be working fine.

Again, we apologize for the confusion in the sales process.

Original review: March 23, 2018

When I was in the rehab hospital, they thought that it might help if we have a stairlift and so my husband got information on Ascent Stairlifts and on another company. And Ascent had the best reviews of all. A man and his wife came to put our Ascent stairlift and they did a good job. It was put in in one day. The only thing I’ve noticed about it was where it meets partway up the staircase, it never stops, but it’s working fine.

It is really important that our Ascent stairlift swivels when it gets to the top of the stairs because if I were to step off from the staircase, I could still fall downstairs. Also, I don’t climb the stairs up and down anymore. I use it, which means when I’m out somewhere, I got to be careful how many stairs I’m going up and down because I’m not used to it. I wish we had known the wall switch for the light. It’s down low enough that it couldn’t put it up tight to the wall. Had I known that it’s going to happen, I would have had the light switch moved up higher. It’s out about four inches at least from the wall before the brackets are in.

It’s possible to use the remote and put a part of the case of water or a laundry basket on the seat and take it up or I can sit there and have a laundry basket on my lap and take it up. It is convenient. And today we've got family and they said they could smell dog on our staircase and so on the way down in the staircase today, I sprayed Febreze on each step. I only had to stop it once when it got going away as fast as I could spray. I caught up to my steps in spraying and then continued on down and working like a dream.

Ascent Stairlifts response

We appreciate your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ascent Stairlifts?

Original review: March 22, 2018

I went after Ascent Stairlifts about two years ago and got a price from them but I couldn’t afford it. Then, we dug up the old file and I looked back into it and found the number. I called them and got a price from them again. The installers were good and it was okay with their accessibility consultants except they never told me I had to run electricity to it. I was expecting a workable stairlift when they were done and they said they were only the installers. They don’t do electric. They should have let me know that at the beginning then I could have had things set up by the time the stairlift got there. But the stairlift fits well and I have an electrician that’s supposed to be coming in the next couple of week to run electric.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for your purchase Jeff. All stairlifts run on battery power but plug into a standard electrical outlet to recharge those batteries when the unit is resting at the top or bottom.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

When my husband was at a convalescent home, the social worker gave me the name of Ascent Stairlifts and so that's the one that I went with. We've only had it a couple of months and I like the fact that my husband is able to get from downstairs to upstairs or upstairs to downstairs because he can't negotiate the stairs. But because of the way the house is set up, there's only one docking station, which is downstairs. So, when it comes upstairs, a lot of times, it chirps. And if my husband is not quite ready to get onto the chairlift to go downstairs, then there's that little black button on the side that you have to press. So far, it works and we are able to go, but I'm afraid that sometimes it may not. Overall, their reps were very nice and helpful. Sometimes, they don't get back right away, but they eventually do. So, my experience has been satisfactory.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you Linda. I will be calling you to address the charging issue at the top.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My wife has neuropathy and some days are not as good as others though she still walks the stairs as much as she can. In anticipation of needing a stairlift, my daughter did some research and I looked at the reviews. I had Acorn come out but Ascent's stairlift was lower priced and so we had them put a stairlift in. Their consultants were very good and they answered all of my questions. The installers were knowledgeable and did a good job too. We got a standard stairlift and it gets the job done. Everything went smoothly with Ascent and they were very easy to work with.

Glad we could help!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I saw some Ascent Stairlifts reviews online and they all seemed to be favorable. We had a good interaction with their consultant and my questions were always answered promptly and to my satisfaction. I did the installation myself but the instructions from the PDFs that the consultant sent me were very thorough. I had no trouble setting it up and it works fine right out of the box. We got the optional folding leg at the bottom which lets us fold it up to keep it from sticking out there where it might be a trip hazard for my grandkids. So, we like that particular item the best. Ascent Stairlifts is a very good company to deal with. They have a great product at a good price. And there's plenty of support, both for the installation process and after-installation, and I would highly recommend it.

Thanks William!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

We chose Ascent based on its reputation. The consultant we dealt with was very helpful, knowledgeable and professional, and so was the tech during the installation. He also showed us how to use it with no problem. Our stairlift is perfect for our applications and it gets the job done. It gives my wife much more mobility in the house. I’d recommend them

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for the review!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

The consultant from Ascent Stairlifts was very thorough and I appreciated her input. And the installers were very cooperative and very accommodating. The stairlift made my life much easier. I like the ease of going up and down the stairs. I had a very nice experience with Ascent and they answered all my questions to my satisfaction.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad to hear it is working well!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had a foot operation and I'm not supposed to put any weight on the foot for six weeks, which is very difficult. This is a two-story house so we need to have something so I could get upstairs. My neighbor had a stairlift put in and she suggested Ascent Stairlifts. We went down and their people were very pleasant and helpful. They had a variety of different lifts that I could use and try, and different prices for different locations. Their rep anticipated questions that I might have and she was very knowledgeable. They got the stairlift in within a couple of days after we bought it. The installation was fine and it took an hour. The stairlift gets me up and down the stairs. It's great and very easy to use. It doesn't take up a whole lot of space too. Plus, it has made my life easier. I would recommend Ascent Stairlifts.

Thank you Ann!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

The consultant of Ascent Stairlifts answered all my questions and she was very nice. She did all the measurements and discovered that I had a bookcase at the bottom of the stairs that had to be moved over because we needed an extra seven inches so the chair would go all the way down and I could get off without having to step down an extra step. It was mounted on the wall, the kind that you put up three of four boards with holes in them and then you snap the shelf in. The installer was very good. We talked about the bookcase because I was concerned. I almost said, “If we’re going to have to take that out I don’t want to do it because I like it there.” But he just said, “No. We’ll move it over.” And their cost was very modest to move it over. I’m sure glad I went ahead and put it in.

Half of my house is downstairs -- my laundry room, my guest room, my office, and my family room are all downstairs. So if I want to do a little laundry I had to carry it down but now I can sit on the chair and put the laundry in my lap and go down. And I have a room under my garage, which has my extra refrigerator and a deep freeze in it. It’s at the bottom of the stairs too so I can get right down and grab something out of the freezer and ride right back up. It has only been a week but it makes everything easier and I don’t get so tired. I don’t know what I did without it. My three daughters wanted me to do this so much and now they’re all happy.

I had all kinds of things that had to be repaired and I wanted to ride down and see what the contractors were doing when they got through and to be sure my washing machine was working. And then they had to adjust something on my furnace and the stairlift made it so easy for me. I would definitely recommend them. I was at Kaiser and the lady standing there with me was saying her son had fallen and damaged several vertebrae. And I said, “Are you thinking about getting a stairlift? I sure recommend Ascent Mobility.”

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you Betty! Glad you are enjoying your new stairlift!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Ascent's cost led me to go to them instead of over others. The purpose was to have something to help my mom to get up and down the steps. We looked at Acorn and they were extremely expensive. We were to go with them, and then I did a little bit more research and found Ascent. It was a no brainer. The accessibility consultant was very knowledgeable about my needs and what we wanted as far as the stairlift. Site survey went really well. However, the person that came out initially told us the left side, but when we had talked it was the right side. My 90-year-old mom was a little confused because they just had the wrong side when the person came out and looked at it.

It was a one-year warranty, but I wish there was another warranty on it. A lot of places sell extended warranty. With my mom being almost 90, she definitely can't fix it herself, if anything would happen to the battery or anything like that. Also, my mother was hoping for the stairlift to move a little faster. She made a comment once that she could have walked up and down the steps twice. They also lack follow-up after they installed it. The light continues to blink and I'm not sure if it's supposed to. But we were well pleased with Ascent. I will tell friends to do research and consider them.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for your business Sharon!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I read reviews online and Ascent Stairlifts had the best reviews. Virginia who was our salesperson made everything simple and I had no hesitation after we met with her because she was thorough and she was friendly. Plus she knows exactly what she was talking about. The consultant came to the house, sat with my husband and I, and was very thorough in telling us what they would do and what it would look like and discussing options. She was also on the stairway with us, looking at the stairs and making her recommendations. It felt like we knew exactly what we needed by the time she left. They took us through the process carefully and answered our questions and made sure that we got a product that worked for us.

The installation team took longer than we expected. They had a difficult job drilling through some tile but they did a fine job. They let us know that it was going to take longer and they did a good cleanup afterwards. We also knew exactly how to use it and troubleshoot it before they left. The stairlift is very helpful for us. We have a greater sense of safety and ability to use all the levels of the house.

Thanks Donna!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

The Ascent Stairlifts was put in for my parents and they're happy with it. Everybody was tickled to the death. Though there were other stairlifts that were cheaper, we chose it for its features and price. We dealt with a gentleman named Greg. He was the guy that we talked with over there in Colorado. And since we're in Michigan, I just gave him the measurements over the phone. There wasn't a site survey. I told him how many steps there were and how wide they were, and he was very accommodating. We negotiated hard and he came up with a good price and we're very happy with the outcome. It took them about three hours to install it and it went smoothly. It's working well for my mother who's 88 years old. It's convenient for her when she goes down the stairs to do the laundry. It's also compact and it does close up against the wall, so it doesn’t impede the use of the stairs. It works out good for everybody.

Thanks Charlie!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

One of my cousins had used Ascent for his father-in-law. He said they are a good company and raved about the salesperson who wasn’t there anymore, but I called them first and they sounded good. I've heard of other names, but since my cousin had used them and it's a good product, I figured they would be a good choice. My mom is 95 and we've moved her into our downstairs, so she needs to use the chair multiple times daily because she goes up and down a lot.

They installed it quickly, however, we were unsure about how well the chair turned at the top. The push-down or pull up on the lever felt like it was difficult for my mom to handle, but she's been able to. A guy came back as well to check on it and said that’s the way it is. Also, we had an issue with the battery when they installed it. One of the batteries needed to be replaced because it wouldn’t go more than once without having recovery time in between. If you stop in the way, the chair wouldn’t go further.

I called the girl in the office three times and nobody came. We were getting close to when mom was coming but we still hadn't got a battery. Then one time, I called and the saleslady answered it and said she would get the guy right out which she did. He came back and replaced it and everything worked out well. So, my mom has been really happy with it. She feels safe to go up and down and it helped us tremendously because there was no way we could move at all if we didn’t have the chair. I like it and would call Ascent again. We trusted them and they did a good job. I would recommend them.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry for the minor issues but very happy to hear your mom is enjoying the lift.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts was cheaper and everything from the consultation to the installation of the unit went fine. I like the stairlift, it’s perfect.

Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The person from Ascent came out on very short notice. He’s the boss and owner, and he’s a very nice man. He did the installation himself the next morning. He was on time and it only took him one hour to finish the installation, which was faster than I thought. The stairlift goes up and down and it has helped me tremendously because my wife can’t get upstairs without it. I’m happy with it.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

When we went looking for a stairlift, the people at Ascent were the only ones who responded. We asked for them to send out a representative and they sent out Virginia. She was there quickly and showed us what they had and so we bought it right there. We asked for a used one so Virginia said she’d have to look in the factory and she called back the very next day to say they had one and asked if it would be all right if they schedule it for the following week. It was a few days before they came in and those two guys who worked were very efficient and polite. They had it done in probably an hour total, from the time they started and then finished. We like everything about our stairlift from Ascent. It gets me up and down like it’s supposed to work and it seems to be working just fine, and that's what we needed. Ascent is excellent and we had a great experience with them.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We got Stairlifts for my husband, who is still in rehab. We've used two Ascent Stairlifts inside for going downstairs and going upstairs and then we had one put outside but he hasn't gotten to use it yet. But they're fine. The consultants who worked with us were great and the installation didn’t take long. I don't use it all the time. But when I use them, I like that I can go up to my bedroom with a cup of coffee in my hand.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad we could be of assistance!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

The Ascent Stairlifts reps were excellent and they explained everything very well. Plus, I found the price is right. The stairlift was installed perfectly and they explained how it works and what we have to do. They showed us every old trick about it. It’s working fine, safe and smooth to ride. My mom is pleased with it. At the beginning, she was a bit not used to it, but now, she’s very comfortable with it and she goes all the way up and down. I recommend everybody to consider Ascent Stairlifts. It’s an excellent service and the chair is of good quality.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts was professional and cost-effective. Their reps were also helpful and provided great follow-through. I made contact directly with their people at the Denver office. I reached out with an email initially, then had several conversations. We sent them photos and dimensions then they gave us their pricing. We also researched different providers, checked the reviews and pricing, and we thought that Ascent might be a better way of going. They explained the process fully, scheduled a quick ship of the product and arranged for an installer to be on site within three days after we talked. The guy who did the installation was knowledgeable, thorough and careful. We got the chairlift for my mother in law and it gave her access to the second floor of the house. She’s now had it for nine days and she likes it. She texted me this morning saying thank you very much and that she doesn't get on the lift without thinking how happy she is about it.

Glad we could help!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Some internet reports were better than the others so I chose Ascent. Having their stairlifts is good. It's my favorite feature when it's time to go up and down the stairs.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I got the stairlift for my husband who had trouble going up and down. I called Ascent Stairlifts and the lady told me how much it was. Then, a guy came out and spent a couple of hours here. He nailed it on the stairs so if we move and want to take it with us, we could just take it off the stairs. He was nice and friendly. He explained to my husband what to do and not to do. He even helped me on the chair and taught me what to do as well. It was a wonderful experience and the stairlift made things a lot easier for my husband.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad we could be of service!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I liked how Ascent Stairlifts responded to my inquiry. I got a callback right away from somebody and I didn’t have to wait to hear from them. I talked to a person named Virginia, and she was very helpful and knowledgeable. Their prices were very reasonable by comparison to some of the others that we had looked at. One of them was ripping us off and wanted $800 dollars for a used hinge track and that’s crazy. Ascent’s was $300 dollars and it's new. I liked how they did business and I liked their product. It was supposed to be installed last Thursday, but one of the track sections was damaged in transit. So, they had to send a new track in, and that’s here and they’re putting it in right now. They give great service, have great turnaround time and excellent communication. From what I can see in the product, it looks like it is first rate, so we’re pleased. The experience was very positive.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I have Parkinson's, I can't walk, and I fall to the ground always. My room is on the second floor and I have to go through several stairs. I chose the lift to get me up and my son looked at the directory of stairlifts then we chose Ascent. The installation team was very good. The stairlift has saved me several trips and it's safe. I had to go up and there is no rail on the other side so it's helping me a lot. I'm very pleased with it.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Glad to hear the new stair lift is helping!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

In the 50’s, laundry rooms were placed in the basement and that’s how houses were built in the ranch houses. Everybody has it and there isn’t any place to bring it upstairs so I knew that eventually, I would have to have a stairlift installed when I got older. But I got held up with my leg and knee problem so I had to have it done sooner. I got on the internet, clicked on Ascent Stairlifts and read about them. I contacted them and everybody at Ascent has been terrific. They called me back and set up an appointment. Then their consultant came to the house and we went over their products. We agreed on what I wanted and we wrote it up. Then they made it and she sent the installers out to install it.

A guy came out with a kid that he was training. he was really good and fast. I was sitting in the living room while they worked and I could hear him giving all the training. He explained it all to the trainee and that really impressed me because he was putting himself out that extra step to train the boy. I told the boy afterwards that he’s very fortunate that he had somebody training him. I also told him that I was listening to the installer and I almost got to the point where I thought I could go in and install one myself.

Since I got the stairlift, I use it all the time and I’m really satisfied with it. Everybody was really happy too that I went ahead and got it for safety’s sake. Now, I don’t have to depend on anybody else to get down to the laundry room. I can just sit there, set my basket on my lap and down I go. It worked out great for me and for my laundry. Also, everybody that has come and to whom I showed it to was really impressed with it.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Thank you for the nice review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We have a two-storey house without bedrooms or bathroom facilities on the first floor, and my wife had a knee injury so we decided to get a stairlift. I went online and looked at Ascent Stairlifts first and it looked like they have what I was looking for. I called them on a Saturday and the office was closed but they called right back. The guy came out on Monday morning on his way to work and looked it over. We talked about it and he said he has one in stock. He took a couple of measurements and said he’ll prepare it and bring it over on Tuesday and put it in. He came back on Tuesday and installed it without any difficulties. All I had to do was provide a plug at the top of the stairlift which I did on Monday. He also showed me how to use it and talked about maintenance and if I needed repairs so, it’s very satisfying.

The stairlift is perfect for our house and it fits nicely on the stairs. We have a landing at the top and a lining at the bottom, and it’s a straight shot and it fits along the wall nicely. It’s a good and well-engineered product and it doesn’t impede people that are using the stairs. It is very safe and works flawlessly, and it’s very simple to operate, too, so my wife likes it. It met all the needs that we have for mobility on our two-storey house, and I love it. If we will move to another house, we’ll take it with us.

Ascent Stairlifts response

Happy to hear the new lift is working well for you!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts had a terrific review, high rating, and I like their prices, too. I have some problems that are going to probably get worse as I get older. So, I was planning for the future and purchased a stairlift from them. Ascent's people in Sacramento sounded very professional and friendly, and I had nice interchanges with them. They answered all my questions both over the phone and via email. The installer went about his business and finished his work. And I had a request that he was glad to take care of. Ascent Stairlift is very responsive, helpful, and they’re inexpensive compared to the others.

Thank you Sal!

Ascent Stairlifts expert review by Shelley Webb

Ascent Stairlifts has been providing stairlift products since 2008. It offers a variety of lifts to meet users' needs and services the entire United States.

• They offer 24/7 tech support: Users can contact a technician at any time of the day or night to help resolve problems with the stairlift.

• Straight stairlift experts: Users who have straight staircases can choose from several straight stairlift options, allowing them to choose the model that best meets their needs.

• Quality products: All of Ascent's stairlifts are high quality and meet safety standards. The lifts come with two remote controls, safety edges, seat belts, diagnostic capabilities and parts and labor warranties.

• Reconditioned lifts may be available: Users can save money by purchasing a lift that is reconditioned rather than one that is brand new. Reconditioned lifts are subject to availability.

• Payment options: Users have a variety of payment options, including credit card, check, electronic check, Paypal and Paypal Credit.

• Best for: people with limited mobility and people with heart or lung issues.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Ascent Stairlifts Company Information