Anchor Hocking Cookware
1.26/5

Looking for new cookware?

Anchor Hocking Cookware

Looking for new cookware?

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Anchor Class's hard plastic lids begin to deteriorate and drop plastic into food within 2 years of use. They blister, peel and crack even though they weren't misused. Their soft covers with a window experience fry rot causing them to become sticky and fall apart. You can buy new lids for about a dollar less than buying a new container with lid. Sounds like planned obsolescence. Their plastic should be inspected.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I took a 9x13 pan out of the cabinet to use for baking pork chops. I browned the pork chops in vegetable oil first and then put them in the pan. As I was adding toppings to the pork chops, I turned away and the pan shattered loudly into hundreds of pieces. The 9x13 pan was not cold. I will never buy any of Anchor Hocking's products again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought an Anchor Hocking batter bowl today to make a microwave pie filling in. The label on the bowl said that it would go from refrigerator to freezer to microwave and could be washed in the dishwasher. I had just finished hand-washing dishes so I pulled the rubber lid off the bowl and peeled the stickers off. I held the batter bowl by the handle and lowered it into the warm dishwater. As soon as I put the bowl in the water, it shattered into thousand shards of glass, handle and all!!! It's not like the water was that hot! I was washing it, getting ready to mix a pie in it. My husband and I retrieved all the glass pieces out of the sink to save to take back to Wal-Mart with my receipt! If this is representative of the quality of Anchor Hocking, ALL of your products should be removed from the market!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I do a lot of canning, 80-90% of the time I use Anchor Hocking lids, by mistake, they do not seal. The jars & bands are fine but with bad lids I have to re-process everything which is a waste of time & money.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I usually buy the Pyrex, but this time I bought the Anchor glassware for storage. Within a few days, the lids started cracking and chipping. I called the customer service folks and they asked me to email them pictures of the broken lids. I did. It's been a month, no one responded. I called back twice to follow up, they said they will respond. But there has been NO RESPONSE at all. So the quality of the lids is bad, so is the customer service. I have several storage glassware sitting in my cabinet, that have no lids. Please do not buy them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I baked with this dish the same temp over and over and just this last one, the dish exploded in my oven after about 1.5 hours of cooking. Ruining my entire supper! I have tried to reach out to Anchor Hocking / the Oneida Group but have had no response! I now have sent 2 emails to the customer service and nothing in return. Nowadays with social media you would think they would care of how people react with their experience with the product and then review them! Guess they have enough business as to where consumers mean nothing to them. Terrible customer service! Will never buy another product of theirs again and will share my review with as many people as I can.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have been a canner for about forty years. I have always used Ball or Kerr. this time it seems every store was out of those brands in the sizes I needed, so I bought Anchor Hocking. Huge mistake. Out of about 36 jars only 4 of them sealed. What a loss in food, time and a whole lot of money. Very disappointing. Anchor Hocking should be ashamed of themselves for manufacturing such a inferior product. Every penny counts these days and with Anchor Hocking my family won't be getting a lot of the usual basics and treats because I cannot afford to buy more jars and food to can.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I was delighted to receive this insulated covered bowl as a gift. Unfortunately, the plastic lid cut my had the very first time I used it. It did not require stitches but it was a bad cut just the same. I am a heart patient and therefore, bleed heavily when injured. Months later I attempted to use the dish again. In washing the drying the bowl, my thumb rubbed the rim or lip at the top of the bowl. I was shocked by the pain and blood which suddenly erupted. With close inspection we were able to see a rough edge which appeared to have chipped off the lip edge. The bowl is now at the dump with all the other trash. I am so very disappointed with the quality of this product. I never thought I would see such horrible quality control from Anchor Hocking Cookware.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have baked with this dish a good bit since I got it. I was washing my hands to finishing preparing our dinner and I heard a loud noise in my oven and opened it and the baking dish was shattered. So disappointing. If this is an ongoing issue why hasn't the product been recalled. I'm glad it did it in my oven and when I took it out. I haven't done anything different. The oven was set at 400 as I have always set it. Now that is food wasted because of the glass everywhere in the food and oven. This is very upsetting that the product is worthless.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I was surprised to see so many other reviews that mentioned that the cookware had exploded. I took the dish out of the oven and put it down on the glass stovetop. It shattered into hundreds of pieces. Some of the shards flew off of the three sides not facing me and fortunately, the side facing me remained intact or I'm sure I would have had cuts to my face or lost my sight. I have owned Pyrex for many years and never had anything like this happen. We owned this particular Anchor Three-piece casserole dish set (pan, lid and carrier) for about two years and have used it twice in that time. This is a dangerous product.

Anchor Hocking Cookware Company Information