2. Homeowners

Anchor Hocking Cookware

3.8/5 (204 ratings)

About Anchor Hocking Cookware

Anchor Hocking Cookware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking Cookware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anchor Hocking?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

-Glass, food storage containers with cracking plastic (red) lids. Many other people have complained about the cracking lids too. I finally decided to get replacement lids only to find the cost of them ridiculous. They cost more than when I bought the set which included the glass containers. Very disappointing and shame on Anchor Hocking for producing a low quality item AND gouging the consumer.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I was baking a lasagna on father's day. When removing the pan from the oven, it exploded all through the oven and kitchen. I tried calling the company and got a voice mailbox that was full. I could not find a way to speak to a person. I sent them an email. Five weeks later I received a response asking me to send them the pan and to please clean it first. I'm not happy with their customer service.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I was baking chicken breast in my Anchor glass baking dish at the appropriate temperature of 375. It had been in the oven for about 20 min. when I heard a loud sound. I looked in through the oven door to see that my baking dish had EXPLODED!! I was shocked... glass everywhere!!! It's a good thing that the door was closed because I can't imagine if it had happened when I was taking it out of the oven! Needless to say, my dinner was ruined and what followed was a major clean-up. Thankfully no one was hurt, just shaken. I looked it up on the internet and was surprised to find quite a number of similar incidents. I had never heard of this before. So I say... be aware and be careful if you have these products, ... and if you're considering purchasing, think again!

Original review: May 17, 2020

I see many others have had the same problem. I love the glass containers. I bought 8, small, medium and large round and medium rectangle. Most of the lids have cracked EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DISHWASHER. I see I can buy the, 3 or 4 large or 3 or 4 medium for around $12 probably USD, and probably plus shipping. Here's the thing. I should NOT HAVE TO BUY THEM. I already invested in the containers, and now I have to spend more money??? To replace the cracked lids, I'll probably have to pay over $50. I can't say I'd recommend this product to anyone. Shame on Anchor Hocking.

Original review: April 25, 2020

My husband and I purchased a variety of glass Anchor storage containers to to be more eco friendly. We were trying to replace our plastic storage containers for environmental consciousness. We bought two sets of various sized rounds and two rectangular sets. Unfortunately then within 8 month the lids have all cracked and split around the edges!! We would love the solution of them being replace however if it were an option. We feel for further purchases perhaps the lack of durability should be further rectified with manufacturing.

Original review: April 7, 2020

The scariest moment next to a car accident or going thru a window of any sort is: Exploding Pyrex dish top In my hand. I just uncovered food to stir it! It didn’t get my face, my thumb sore Burned, small cut on leg, some pieces landed in rug under my dining room floor which I picked out and vacuumed. But the fact I could be at Methodist checking on my eyeballs for glass or picking glass out of my face this is Priceless. Thank God my God had me covered! Throwing out my twice baked potatoes with butter, chives, sour cream ranch mixed in it. And I made this meat loaf this morning. Not sure but not taking chances throwing it away as well.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was using the baking dish in the oven and heard a loud explosion. The dish completely shattered and ruined my oven and our dinner, contacted the company. Still have not heard anything from them! Don’t buy Anything from Anchor.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I would never suggest anyone purchase Anchor Hocking glass cookware. After having our dish explode in the oven right before our Christmas dinner and, ruining a most wonderful evening - I was going to contact the company. However, after reading all of the similar events other people had and, the lack of concern of Anchor Hocking - why even bother. I will purchase another brand and move on with my life. I will certainly never recommend Anchor Hocking.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Bought two sets of these containers. Followed instructions for use. All covers have broken. I contacted the company and was told covers are not under warranty!! Containers are not much good without covers. Thought getting away from plastic wrap would help the environment instead I'm creating more waste because of a trashy product. By the way the company did say I could go on their site and purchase more covers. Really!! Not good enough.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Very disappointed with your glass storage containers. All of the plastic covers crack along their edges making them useless. We end up using Saran wrap to keep a seal. Is there a recall or return program for replacing these defective covers? I will add that we do not use a dishwasher, or use them in a microwave oven. We are extremely disappointed with this product... We got rid of all plastic storage containers in our home, going to glass. BUT, the covers being made of plastic will prevent us from further purchases.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

This is what I get for trying to support Anchor Hocking at Oneida.com instead of going through Amazon! I ordered a really cute 70 oz glass pumpkin jar for a pumpkin themed baby shower. I ordered with plenty of time to receive the item before the shower, and did in fact receive it a week prior to the party. Unfortunately, all that was shipped to me was the lid. The lid! I immediately sent a message to the company, yet hadn't heard anything back two days later, so I called and had the "pleasure" of speaking with Danielle in customer service. With an irritated tone in her voice, she informed me that they would be more than happy to ship me the dish portion of the pumpkin but that it would take 7 to 10 days, with no option to rush it.

As my party was 5 days away, and with no possible way to get the bowl portion of my product in time, I inquired about returning the lid. I was informed that I was able to return it and would be refunded for the order once they received it, with the caveat that I would have to pay for shipping. Asking for an alternative solution to their error that didn't penalize me, Danielle repeated the previous options, with her already irritated tone getting ruder with each word. If companies like Oneida and Anchor Hocking would like to compete with Amazon, they should at least attempt to adopt similar shipping and return processes. Unfortunately, this situation reiterated why I continue to send my money to Amazon, even though I'd rather support individual companies directly. Sorry Oneida.com, this order was a failure all the way from shipping to customer service.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I just put three peppers in my pan to grill at 400 degrees, turned them twice, next thing you know I hear an explosion. The whole entire pan exploded into pieces in my oven. Thankfully no one was hurt but glass pieces hurt the inside of the oven door...I’m trying to find a consumer number to call and complain but cannot find one. If someone knows of one please write it to me. I have pictures but I can’t seem to upload...I did research the pan and it does not say specific degrees so I’m very upset.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Recently purchased an Anchor Hocking 9x13” casserole glassware dish at Walmart. Baked in dish. All was well. Cleaned dish and put in dishwasher. Dishwasher ran in early evening and finished cycle by 8:30PM. Next morning, I opened dishwasher to air dry any dishes that may still be wet. After airing dry, my daughters were unloading the dishwasher and pulled a bowl out that was next to the casserole dish. The bowl barely tapped the dish and it exploded. No other words for the sound and mess that happened. Thankfully no one was hurt, but the mess was unbelievable.

The whole piece shattered to many pieces and smaller pieces continued to “pop” and shatter more, 10 minutes after the initial burst. I have vacuumed the dishwasher twice as well as run it twice, but still finding shards and glass dust everywhere. Called customer service and said a ticket would be filed without any of my contact information. I was able to give my information before getting off the phone, but doubt anything will happen. Because no one was hurt, it seemed that the company didn’t have any concern about the product. I’m appalled that this product is still on the shelf after seeing all these reviews. I’m furious that I may have to replace my dishwasher, but that my children were at risk.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Made a strawberry topping, and after allowing it to cool I transferred it to a room temperature dish. About three minutes later I heard an explosion and ran to the kitchen to find glass shards and strawberry sauce all over my kitchen!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Using this cookware as intended... Baking acorn squash in a water bath in oven. After 20 min of cooking light green dish explodes... Glass and water everywhere. I reported to company..They finally called me after three weeks. NO REAL ownership or even to replace my lost food or dish??? VERY POOR. DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I just purchased this set from Canadian Tire. When I proceeded to wash the first piece, 7cp size, it literally exploded in my hands. The water was warm, not hot and the bowl was room temperature. I called customer service and gave up after 40 minutes on hold. I have used Pyrex for over 40 yrs with no issues. Now I am afraid to use or purchase it. I will be returning this set today. So sad as I am trying to move away from plastic.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My son was baking chicken in large glass baking dish by Anchor. He opened oven to pull out the dish and it exploded. He had several cuts but fortunately the large glass pieces missed him. I heard a loud bang and glass pieces on counters, tables, drawers, floor and a lot in the hot oven. Looked like hail all over my kitchen. I am blessed my son was not seriously hurt. So very scary.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Warming up mac and cheese and heard a pop. When I opened the oven I saw that the dish had shattered. Thankfully no-one was hurt. I did end up with a few cuts cleaning up the big mess and head to figure out something else for dinner.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I bought canning jars on Sat. Used them today Monday and the sides deformed and cracked. I called customer service to report it and got their parent company and told her what happened. She told me to take it back where I got it. I asked why as that was an inconvenience. I also told her that I would leave a review about their customer service. She said OK and did not offer any any help. I told her I will never use them again, and she just said "Ok". No concern or apologies.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have 3 nesting glass bowls with lids and I cannot for the life of me figure out an easy way to remove the lids without breaking a nail lol or spilling whatever it is that I have put in the bowl. I find the lids next to impossible to open and I have short nails. I'd like to return them but I've had them for a while and don't have the receipt any longer. :(

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I had baked a casserole in the anchor 9x13 glass baking dish. Removed it from the oven. Set the table and put the dish on a cork hot pad on the table. We sat down to eat. Dished up our food and the dish exploded shooting glass all over the table, food and people. Luckily no one got hurt but we had to throw away All our food. I am throwing away the other anchor products I have. They are very unsafe.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Anchor Class's hard plastic lids begin to deteriorate and drop plastic into food within 2 years of use. They blister, peel and crack even though they weren't misused. Their soft covers with a window experience fry rot causing them to become sticky and fall apart. You can buy new lids for about a dollar less than buying a new container with lid. Sounds like planned obsolescence. Their plastic should be inspected.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I took a 9x13 pan out of the cabinet to use for baking pork chops. I browned the pork chops in vegetable oil first and then put them in the pan. As I was adding toppings to the pork chops, I turned away and the pan shattered loudly into hundreds of pieces. The 9x13 pan was not cold. I will never buy any of Anchor Hocking's products again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I bought an Anchor Hocking batter bowl today to make a microwave pie filling in. The label on the bowl said that it would go from refrigerator to freezer to microwave and could be washed in the dishwasher. I had just finished hand-washing dishes so I pulled the rubber lid off the bowl and peeled the stickers off. I held the batter bowl by the handle and lowered it into the warm dishwater. As soon as I put the bowl in the water, it shattered into thousand shards of glass, handle and all!!! It's not like the water was that hot! I was washing it, getting ready to mix a pie in it. My husband and I retrieved all the glass pieces out of the sink to save to take back to Wal-Mart with my receipt! If this is representative of the quality of Anchor Hocking, ALL of your products should be removed from the market!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I do a lot of canning, 80-90% of the time I use Anchor Hocking lids, by mistake, they do not seal. The jars & bands are fine but with bad lids I have to re-process everything which is a waste of time & money.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I usually buy the Pyrex, but this time I bought the Anchor glassware for storage. Within a few days, the lids started cracking and chipping. I called the customer service folks and they asked me to email them pictures of the broken lids. I did. It's been a month, no one responded. I called back twice to follow up, they said they will respond. But there has been NO RESPONSE at all. So the quality of the lids is bad, so is the customer service. I have several storage glassware sitting in my cabinet, that have no lids. Please do not buy them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I baked with this dish the same temp over and over and just this last one, the dish exploded in my oven after about 1.5 hours of cooking. Ruining my entire supper! I have tried to reach out to Anchor Hocking / the Oneida Group but have had no response! I now have sent 2 emails to the customer service and nothing in return. Nowadays with social media you would think they would care of how people react with their experience with the product and then review them! Guess they have enough business as to where consumers mean nothing to them. Terrible customer service! Will never buy another product of theirs again and will share my review with as many people as I can.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have been a canner for about forty years. I have always used Ball or Kerr. this time it seems every store was out of those brands in the sizes I needed, so I bought Anchor Hocking. Huge mistake. Out of about 36 jars only 4 of them sealed. What a loss in food, time and a whole lot of money. Very disappointing. Anchor Hocking should be ashamed of themselves for manufacturing such a inferior product. Every penny counts these days and with Anchor Hocking my family won't be getting a lot of the usual basics and treats because I cannot afford to buy more jars and food to can.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I was delighted to receive this insulated covered bowl as a gift. Unfortunately, the plastic lid cut my had the very first time I used it. It did not require stitches but it was a bad cut just the same. I am a heart patient and therefore, bleed heavily when injured. Months later I attempted to use the dish again. In washing the drying the bowl, my thumb rubbed the rim or lip at the top of the bowl. I was shocked by the pain and blood which suddenly erupted. With close inspection we were able to see a rough edge which appeared to have chipped off the lip edge. The bowl is now at the dump with all the other trash. I am so very disappointed with the quality of this product. I never thought I would see such horrible quality control from Anchor Hocking Cookware.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have baked with this dish a good bit since I got it. I was washing my hands to finishing preparing our dinner and I heard a loud noise in my oven and opened it and the baking dish was shattered. So disappointing. If this is an ongoing issue why hasn't the product been recalled. I'm glad it did it in my oven and when I took it out. I haven't done anything different. The oven was set at 400 as I have always set it. Now that is food wasted because of the glass everywhere in the food and oven. This is very upsetting that the product is worthless.

Anchor Hocking Cookware Company Information