Call toll free
3.79/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With three plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

BBBB Rating
View More View More

555 America's 1st Choice Home Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I got America's 1st Choice home warranty for my home. They are less expensive and they had a wider coverage compared to other providers. They have a good claims process. However, sometimes it's difficult to get a rep but once you have the claim created, it works good from there. The technicians are very knowledgeable and the quality of their work is good too. So far, I've been with AFC for two years plus now. I would definitely ask others to give AFC a ring and see if they have the coverage that they would need.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Don't let their kindness fool you. I spoke to Tyler before deciding to sign up with AFC and was very hesitant about choosing a home warranty program so I asked a ton of questions. Basically, he ended up lying to me from the beginning to make everything sound good. I was told that there was a 30 day waiting period after the contract started before I could submit a work order, that was fine. But he told me that I could waive the 30 day waiting period if I submitted my home inspection report but it wasn't required. So I decided to not send the home warranty inspection and they never asked me for it until the first time I tried to submit a work order. I was told that I was required to submit the home inspection report so I did. They did not cover the first issue that I had because it was "pre-existing".

Then the second order I submitted, they informed me that they had another rule which was that the second 30 days after the 30 day waiting period they only covered up to $150 for whatever was wrong regardless if it was pre-existing or not. So basically I am getting screwed up both issues and they were paid $600 up front. I have no idea what I am paying them for but I will not continue to use this company after my year is up. When I emailed Tyler to confront him about all of the lies his response was, "To be honest, that is how it was explained to me at the time and I am just now finding out that I was misinformed and am figuring out a better way to deliver the information to future customers." Save your money.

Alyssa,

I have reviewed your case and Tyler will be reaching out to you to apologize for his confusion. I am unsure why the confusion occurred but once the Inspection is sent in the waiting period is waived. The $150.00 limit only applies to your first 30 active days with us. You purchased 8/3/2018, this means this was up 9/3 so your normal limits apply at this point. I have notated the account.

Regarding the pre-existing issue, the home inspection listed it as faulty. Unfortunately, we did not cover the home at this time, we were purchased after, therefore we cannot assist with items which failed before we cover the home.

AFC has a technician assigned and a text with his contact information was sent to you on 10/8. If you wish to speak with me directly concerning this I would be happy to. Kristin 855-613-4555 ext 4.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We had AFC on a previous residence so we also got them for our new home. It's not too difficult to file a claim with them. I tell them the problem and depending on the day, it may take a day or two for them to get back with us. The reps are generally courteous and they've been able to answer all of our questions whenever we call. The technicians we’ve had out here have been great. The last technician that we had was knowledgeable. Our toilet was backed up and he came out, snaked it for us, and gave us some things to look out for. He was really helpful. I like having AFC because it takes care of a great deal of the cost. The only time I’ve been disappointed was when we had an issue with our filter, and that is the only piece of pool equipment that’s not covered. But other than that, AFC is a good deal.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are pleased to hear that the service is working well for you! Thank you

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just experienced an awful time with AFC Home Warranty. Not only did they deny my claim (under their own terms and conclusions) I am beyond words with the word honest & fair with this company. They read between the lines on related issues and find any reason to deny the claim. Even with a follow up call from a "certified, licensed, bonded" repair company they still drew their own conclusions. They also never did mail my "warranty kit" until I threatened them today with legal action. I got it within one hour. Wow how convenient.

Now that I am over my 30 day policy review period, there is question I am stuck with penalties to cancel this contract. I found them to be very shady, very untruthful, very disrespectful and surely not the least bit helpful. I am done with extended warranty policies. My advice is stick ONLY to the stores you purchase from and their own affiliates. Do not let these other fly by night companies take advantage of you. You will lose nothing but $$$ and be just as dissatisfied as I am.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I don't usually post bad reviews, as I am in the service industry and most of the time they are blown way out of proportion, however I simply have not had a good experience with the exception of when they sold me the policy. However since then I have had nothing but problems. Scope of what they covered is extremely limited and you won't find this out until after weeks of falling up with them because their system doesn't submit to the repair company. I have given up hours and hours calling vendors to find out they never received request from AFC. I have waited days and weeks for follow up only to be told they don't cover water heaters or air conditioning. I received confirmation emails that don't match with voice messages. Orders sent to appliance tech companies when it was a plumbing repairs. Bottom line, the warranty is worthless and a ton of my time has been wasted babysitting them and their process.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Called AFC on Friday 9/21 for a water heater pilot issue, they said it will take 24-48 hours to respond excluding weekends. Service company came on Wednesday 9/26. Called AFC on Thursday 9/27 to follow up and the answer was that it is under review. Called again Friday 9/28 and they said it is still under review. "Can't believe how long it takes to review a water heater pilot". So far, it has been a week without hot water and by the time they finish reviewing and taking into account the weekend, and ordering the part, it will probably be another week. This is my first service request since I applied to this company. I am sure they will find all the excuses they can to refute my complaint.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I found that AFC Home Club is dependable and professional, and I always wanna go with dependability. Usually when I submit a claim, there's never a problem. They simply check your status and if you're eligible, you simply pay your service fee. The techs they've sent out have been professional too. The one that did the thermostat did a wonderful job. People should give AFC Home Club a try.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Thank you for your review. We are happy to assist anytime.

AFC Home Club

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Things happen and so I got a home warranty from AFC. I like their reviews online and it was easy to interact with their rep on the phone. It was also easy by email. We lost a bit of a contact for two weeks and then it was easy again thereafter. Submitting a claim was easy and confusing all at the same time. I would recommend using some sort of tracking ID, or if one could go on a website to see where the case is to be able to be informed rather than having to email somebody directly. Still, I’ve already recommended AFC.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

BUYER BEWARE. I have held warranties on multiple properties with Old Republic Warranty and American Home Shield. Disappointed with AFC's decision to limit service repair claim on washer drum bearing repair to $150 due to full depreciation of asset. In my experience and multiple claims with ORHP and AHS, I have not had any issues on limiting repairs due depreciation. BE AWARE OF THIS SPECIFIC FINE PRINT WHEN COMPARING AGAINST OTHERS HOME WARRANTIES. Sales will tell you to disregard these comments found on other review sites, obviously service approval department will limit coverage.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We had a home warranty from another company years ago on a home we bought. It was an old home and it had an in-ground pool. That particular policy covered the pool and about six weeks into it, the pool pump went out. That would have cost $550 to fix but I paid 50 bucks. Then about nine months into the ordeal, something shorted in the breaker panel on the wall. Half of it went out and the wall was so hot when I put my hand on it. That was Sheetrock, so I was afraid my house was on fire. The repair cost almost 600 bucks and it cost me 50 bucks. So, a home warranty will pay for itself.

Then we bought this house last year. It was built in '68 and has been completely remodeled. But you can put a silk jacket on a pig and it is still a pig. So, not to take a chance, we decided to buy a home warranty policy. I went on Google, typed in "Best Home Warranty Company," and America's First Choice Home Club came out on top of the list, so they won the prize.

Submitting a claim with them was a little more difficult than I expected and it was more difficult than with the other company we had before. But the guy that they recommended and who was here knew what to do. They wanted him to tear into whatever he had to tear into and find the problem, then call them and get their approval to fix it before he did anything. And it was a simple capacitor. When you take the lid off, there it is. So I told him that we ain’t had air in two days and we were dying. I told him to fix the thing and if AFC Home Club didn't pay him, I would. So he went on and fixed it.

His work was awesome and top-notch. When he was here, he looked at the AC, said he knew what it was, and checked on it. Then he told me to flip the switch. When I did, it came on. I noticed then that he had the bad part in his hand and the new part was already on the AC. He also showed me where it got hot and swelled up. I just had to replace the fan blade on the AC the other day because the fan blade started making a racket.

After fixing the tech fixed the AC, I gave him the 800 number and I told him that he knew more what to tell AFC than I did. So he called and told them what he did. And he gave them my customer number or whatever they needed to verify it was me. When he got through, AFC's rep asked him if I would verify that the service had been done. So I took the phone and she asked me if the AC was working or not. I told that it was freezing to death and she said that was great. In the end, they paid him, so everybody was happy.

But when AFC was about to pay the claim, the tech handed me the phone and said that AFC's rep wanted to tell me something. She said that they never received a statement showing that I had a preventative maintenance done on this unit. I told her that’d be because I hadn’t had one done. But AFC's rep told me that they were gonna pay my claim but they won’t pay another one on this unit till I got the bill for the preventative maintenance sent to them. I told her I never knew anything about that and she said that it was in page three of the manual that they sent me. But I asked her to name two people out of all of their customers that ever read the damn manual. The truth was, ours was still in the big white envelope at the time and it never has been opened.

In the end, I still had their tech come out and when he put that fan blade on, I had him go ahead and do the 29 or 30-point check or whatever they wanted and had it written up. I gotta scan it and send it to them though. Other than that, AFC' s tech was too far from me and we’ve got a technician within three or four miles where I live. And at the time. he said he went all over the place and that it was gonna be the day after tomorrow at least before he could get loose and look at our unit. That was if everything went right up there as he was working on an industrial something. But I told him we needed the air the day before we talked and we couldn't wait. So I called somebody else. However, I had to use who AFC told me to use so I still called the tech they recommended and had him work on my claim.

All in all, AFC Home Club is more apprehensive about when you call in with a claim. But when I filed a claim with the other company we had, there was no problem. They simply said that they'd call somebody and call me right back to give the information when the techs were gonna be there. They were far more helpful than AFC's reps. I renewed my policy with AFC for another year, but I won’t renew it again because the personal service could be a lot better. I’m not saying that I’m mad at them, but I’m not happy with them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I did a research on the internet and America's First Choice was one of the top ten. That was how I started with them and now, I've had them for three years. I've had one claim and that experience was good. Instead of charging me another fee, they just sent me the manufacturer part for the refrigerator and I replaced it myself at no cost. It wasn’t even real high-tech to do it. Although the part took a little bit to get here, about 10 days, it was no big deal. I had a different warranty company before and it was like pulling teeth to do a claim. I could never get them on the phone and they never called me either. AFC, on the other hand, is a lot easier to get ahold of when you call in.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I was researching online for different prices and found America's First. I always had a home warranty, but it was with a different company. America's First was running a special when I signed up and their price was a little lower than the home warranty I had for several years. This year, I filed a claim online and the site was easy to go through. It was like in an email. The person called back and said they would not send somebody over because it wasn't worth it. The garbage disposal was messed up and they could only pay up $75 for it. We bought a garbage disposal for $92, my husband installed it and then I emailed the receipt to the AFC rep. They refunded the $75 out and four weeks later I got the check. Use AFC if you want a decent price.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had a home warranty in Utah before I moved and I wanted to have another one. I was checking the different companies that were around and I liked the write-up about America's 1st Choice Home Club. I called to file claims and their reps were courteous and timely. One time a friendly tech came out to fix my air conditioner and he was able to fix it and I was satisfied. America's 1st Choice is a good company.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I bought the condo in December 2017. As part of the contract, the sellers paid for a warranty company for a year, December 2017-December 2018. They chose AFC - America's 1st Choice Home Club. For $60 a service call, they would either repair or replace an appliance listed in a contract. On August 21, 2018, I placed a service call **, about a broken washer General Electric GFWH1200N.

The first contractor, Power Tech Appliance Services, came to observe the broken washer on Friday, August 24, 2018. He worked on the machine and left, telling me to wait for a call from AFC. I called and texted the technician about 20 times, but AFC never reached him, and he never provided diagnostics to AFC. AFC, getting my daily calls, decided to change the technician. They gave me their best and most reliable technician, they said. Power Tech Appliance Services. The name of the technician was Victor. Victor was supposed to come on Friday, August 31, 2018, between 3pm and 7pm. Victor said that the clothes dryer is irreparable, and AFC would call me in a couple of days.

Since August 31, and until this moment, Monday, August 7, 2018, I call Power Tech Appliance Services and AFC daily. The technician talked to me several times, telling me that he was about to call AFC. AFC never reached him, and he never provided diagnostics. I haven't had a working clothes washer for almost a month, since August 21, 2018. I demand, as a consumer, for AFC to either replace my broken washer ASAP, or to give me money in the amount $899-1,299 as I see from Googling "General Electric GFWH1200N clothes washer front load white". Thank you for your help.

Anastasiya

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have reached out to the technician several times with no response. He was one of our top technicians in your area but it seems as if there have been changes within his company that led to this.

We have worked to find new and dependable technicians in your area so that this does not happen again. Due to the delay and lack of follow up from the technician we will be forwarding you $898.00 to buy a new unit. We located one for that price at Home Depot in your area but you are welcome to purchase it anywhere or any model.

Once again we apologize and a manager will be reaching out to you today.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I searched on the internet through Google and reached out to three companies including AFC, and then I decided on AFC based on my discussions with all three companies. I also decided based on the coverage and ratings that I found. They were pretty responsive and they arranged for someone to come by two days after I called. Someone else called and let me know about a technician coming in within a certain timeframe. There was some follow-through as well. They called me a couple of times in between to let me know that they approved the procurement of the part which should be coming in at a certain time. Of course, it took a little while to procure the part for the repair they performed but I understand that. Post-repair, they called to verify that the repair was satisfactory. It’s been a pretty good experience.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

My mom is a realtor and she told me about AFC Home Club. I have them for a couple of years now and so far, I had a good experience with them. Recently, we had toilets that were running. We submitted a claim by phone and it was very easy. Then AFC sent a tech out who fixed them.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I am extremely disgusted at the deceptive sales practices and blatant misrepresentation of the services offered by American’s First Choice Home Club, the home warranty company. Their sales tactic is a simple bait and switch hanging on small print disclaimers sent after you sign up. Their approach to customer service is simply to deny service. Be certain they take your policy and service call fees and then hide behind – “it’s not covered” when you call for service. My problem centers on first on American’s First Choice Home Club’s failure to cover two home appliances – a built-in microwave and oven. And second, charges for two diagnostic service calls when company representatives knew before sending a repair person they would not cover the appliances.

First, I had to called twice just to get them to address problems with a built-in oven and microwave – both appliances were turning off intermittently. For the oven, they sent an electrician who said the problem was not electrical. That was a $60 fee. Then American’s First Choice Home Club representatives sent an appliance technician, another $60, who claimed the problem is a control board. So, after $120 out-of-pocket company representatives deemed the appliances are not covered. They claim there is no coverage because of depreciation. Yet, they wrote a policy on a 14-year-old house with original appliances and never once mentioned while selling the plan that my appliances would not be covered. Straight - bait and switch.

How could they be American’s First Choice Home Club. They are American’s NO Choice Home Club. Their coverage and customer service are so far below coverage provided by other home warranty companies, I have come to learn. They sold me outright a policy that is worth absolutely nothing as all appliances in my house are 14 years old, the same age as the house. After selling the policy they did nothing in the way of assessing what was and wasn’t covered in an effort to fully inform the policyholder. This is another failure of full disclosure on their part and a continuation of the bait and switch.

American’s First Choice Home Club could instruct their sales team to fully explain what is covered and to make it clear that the potential policyholder must submit in writing a full accounting of the home’s items and ages within 15 day of policy enactment. You should then follow up that conversation with an email containing explicit instructions and a form to be completed. That should then be followed with another email explaining to the policyholder what is covered in the house and at what level. But that would require American’s First Choice Home Club to operative above board, and in the customer’s best interest. I am requesting an immediate refund of my ‘entire membership fee’ and reimbursement for the $120 in unnecessary service charges as you never planned to cover them anyway. I would also like it known that I consider this an all-time low in deceptive sales tactics and misrepresentation of customer service.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I initially had another home warranty company and needed to change. I went online and compared different places. AFC seemed to cover more than what some of the other places covered and some places were much higher than what their prices were. They seemed to be one of the better companies that I've found. I decided to go with AFC and so far, I've submitted two claims to them. I wasn't pleased with the first claim because I had to pay most of it. But the last claim turned out pretty good. All of their contractors have been very professional and they knew what they were doing.

When my garbage disposal wasn’t working right, the guy who came out to repair it found out that the garbage disposal that I had in there was not the right size. Also, the piping under the sink was not correctly put in initially by the builders. So, AFC didn’t pay. I had to have that changed for him to change the garbage disposal, so I had to pay that even though I didn’t know anything about it and I wasn’t aware of it. I ended up having to pay a large portion to have that repaired, which cost me a few hundred dollars that I didn’t have.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I’ve had two claims with America's First Choice and they’ve been wonderful and easy to work with. However, there's not enough people to do the work so they’re always slammed. Finding better techs in Massachusetts is next to impossible because if we have anything wrong, nobody ever returns our phone call. But America's First Choice has been flexible when I have a little bit of a problem and if I could find somebody that could do it quicker than they could then I could use my own person, pay for it and they would reimburse me. It's been very smooth so far and they are amazing.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are very happy to hear that you have been pleased with the service!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I do not recommend AFC to anyone who is expecting responsible home warranty service. I was shopping for home warranty this year in July. I checked online and found a article saying AFC is #1 ranking home warranty, so I called AFC right away. The sales was very nice and the package price was very reasonable. I asked the sales why AFC has many bad reviews, he could not answer me and asked the sales manager to talk to me. The sales manager told me that people always write bad reviews to threat AFC to provide service that is not covered in their plan. I thought that answer was pretty acceptable. So I purchased The Gold plan with add on ice maker for 3 years and paid full price in 30 days. The sales explained what is covered in the plan and told me the 1st 30 days is waiting period, no service will be covered. I totally understood that.

Today is 60th day after I purchased the warranty. My water heater is broken and no hot water for kids to take a shower. My husband called AFC and they said they only cover $150. Then I called AFC service again and asked why is not $60 co-pay as sales told me. The receptionist asked me why I don't read the policy they send to me and it stated the 2nd month only cover $150. I said the sales did not mention anything about the 2nd month coverage. Such important information, AFC sales should let me know before I have made payment. I asked to talk to a manager, then she hang up my phone. I called back, there was a gentleman answered and said same thing.

Finally, the service manager, Jason, picked up the phone and I explained the situation. He sounds very careless and said: "It is your responsibility to read the policy, we recommend you to read it after you receive it." I told him No one have ever told or recommended me to finish reading all policies in 30 days and no one informed me there are very important coverage details I have to review immediately after I receive the policy. I believe such important information sales should let me know in the beginning. I requested AFC to pull out the conversation recording that I had with sales. Then Jason said it does not matter if they recommended me to read or not, it is still my responsibility to find out the coverage details. The passive aggressive attitude from AFC make me feel very helpless. AFC does not care of customers. They are a real scam. I have already send letter to cancel my membership. Can not trust this company anymore.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

There are a few things that you should consider before signing up with this company as it will most likely give you more headaches compared to the small savings you might get with them. I decided to change warranty companies and AFC was the first one that caught my attention. Looked like they had the coverage I was looking for and the price was reasonable. Once you apply online expect a call from their account manager in my case Mike within minutes. He will do his job and sound like this is actually a good solid warranty program.

Here are the list of problems I had that might help you make your decision: 1- Takes at least 8-10 minutes every time you try to call them either to get clarification or to place a service request. It got very frustrating when you really want to get things going but every time you call you have to wait... 2- First time I needed them they said the service was not covered so they wouldn’t even send someone to the house to check what was wrong. My tenant called placing a request to have the AC checked saying that there was something wrong with the Dampers.

AFC called me saying that I had to contact a service company because Dampeners were not covered. I thought it was very strange as we don’t know if the problem was only the dampeners but still she insisted that they wouldn’t even send a service company to check. I clearly stated that I would cover for any cost related to non covered services that I just needed them to send someone to check the AC but got another big NO as an answer. I contacted a service company myself and found out that a few things were not functioning properly so again – why they couldn’t at least send someone there to check? Tried to contact them again – another long wait but at this time I am so frustrated that I am cancelling the contract and paying the service out of pocket. 3- Ah – you have to mail a letter to them to have your service cancelled. Yes – mail not email or call or request online. Don’t make the same mistake. You wont be saving money.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Submitting claims to America’s First Choice Home Club have been fine, but they say that they would only cover a portion to fix because of the age of the appliances we’re calling on. They would also say we can purchase a new one with the money but they won't replace it, and it would be the last time that they'll fix the item because of the age. Other than that, the overall quality of work their contractors do have been good.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are happy that overall you are pleased with the service. I am aware that your repair was a bit higher than the value of the unit. To compensate for that we would be happy to credit your next service fee at a $60.00 value.

Kristin L.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I bought the warranty in 2016 cause I had no money and figured only paying 60 dollars for services to my appliances would help. Used them about 5 or 6 times so far. Each time I have had to make the calls to the techs. AFC says they cannot get through. I make one call and get through. Then the tech comes and I pay 60 then cause the appliance is older AFC will only pay part. I still have to pay more. One they did fix a leak. I did only pay 60. A couple of days ago for my dishwasher. They called me and actually told me I have to call KitchenAid and take care of it myself.

The dryer I had to get fixed I had to call the company not them. The water leak I had to call. Thought it was their job to call. They are a scam. I was happy when I started with them. Thought it would put my mind to rest about my appliances but no more. Stressful now than ever. So I guess I am not getting my dishwasher fixed. I called KitchenAid. They said to have AFC call them but AFC says to call KitchenAid. NEVER USE THE COMPANY. THEY ARE A SCAM. Once contract over changing to another asap. I feel they should give me my money back. Over 1000 dollars paid for what NOTHING. And they should finish out my contract even though they don’t do anything. I do all the work.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was looking for a home warranty and America’s 1st Choice's price was better than American Home Shield. Plus they covered more. I usually call to try to get the claim done as fast as possible but it still takes four days before someone even calls back to make it happen. So the whole process can happen a whole lot faster. It takes longer than when I had AHS. AHS had a quick turnaround where they assigned somebody and then that person was going out with you to work much quicker, especially when you’re talking about plumbing issues.

I have three houses with America’s 1st Choice. I made the mistake of buying a three-year plan and I’m stuck with them for a while. I bought the package that’s supposed to cover everything, but when I had someone come for my recent request, they don’t cover stoppages and I had to take care of that myself. I had just gotten off the phone with them and they said I could add that to my plan. If I had known that in the first place, then I would’ve asked for the plan and paid $600.

Mr. Duckworth,
I apologize for any inconvenience the plumbing stoppage may have caused you. We have 4 tiers of plans and stoppages is not a common occurrence in every home, just as every home does not have a pool. For these concerns we have additional options that can be added on. These are listed on your membership guidelines and on our website so that you may view and add at your leisure.
After review of the case, it looks like the delay occurred due to inaccurate information on the home. I believe you stated the home was on septic and your tenant stated it was not, therefore it delayed our assigning time. The normal time for assigning technicians for emergency repairs is less than 24 hours on week days.

Since you are a valued member I would be happy to offer a $200.00 goodwill credit for this repair.

K.Lewis

AFC Home

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My house came with a lot of appliances and a one-year warranty. The warranty had run out and I didn’t want to take any risk with it since the appliances are new but not high-end. I don’t like to be caught off-guard with anything, so it’s great to have America's 1st Choice warranty if something is unexpected. I’ve used it twice now and both were unexpected because they weren’t typical coverages. The first claim was for an ice maker which was not working. I called and I didn’t have ice maker coverage, but they worked with me and gave me a little something if they added it on for the one time. It was really nice of them to do that. It was the fridge that was broken and it was not much more than it was gonna cost but it all worked out.

The second time I used America's 1st Choice was for a garbage disposal of which I still have not gotten my check and that should happen soon. My garbage disposal started to leak and it was an unexpected coverage because they didn’t send somebody out. The reps explained that it costs them more to get somebody out than to replace it. Since garbage disposals are easy enough for most people to install by themselves, they would rather reimburse the amount for the unit itself. So, both claims went as smooth as it possibly could have.

Dave,

The check is on the way! Thank you for your review.

AFC Home Club

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I looked up home warranty companies online and America's First Choice Home Club had a good overall rating. When I called them up and spoke to them, I liked what they had to offer as compared to the other ones. I've been with them for six months now. I've already submitted a claim and that experience was good. The technician who came was very good and the work that was done was satisfactory.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are glad that your Dryer was fixed in a timely manner. Thank you for your business.

AFC Home Club

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I tried to find out which home warranty would be the best value for my money and I liked AFC’s plans better. I’ve now used the warranty twice. Both were for my bathroom and the process was really simple and easy. I submitted the claims and AFC called me back in a timely manner. They let me know who will be coming or contacting me. The specialist who answered the phone was very friendly. And when the contractors said they were gonna come at a particular time, they came at that time. The technicians were all very nice and kind too. They explained things to me and we had conversations while they worked. So it was nice. Everything that I’ve experienced so far has been great. And as long as the warranty is good for me and good to me, I’ll be with the company. I would also recommend them.

Denise,

We value your business and thank you for your review.

AFC Home Club

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The home warranty provider that I had with Sears was awful and the worst ever. So when my dad had some good luck with AFC, I figured, “Why not?” I used them for about five months and my only complaint was that any time I called them, it took forever for them to get in touch with me if I had questions. I would call and about a day or two after, they would finally get back with me. If it was something serious, that time would’ve been way too long to get something completed. But other than that, everything was fine.

James,

Thank you for your review. Please be aware emergency service is expedited. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I was not happy with the home warranty company I had before and I tried another company. Submitting a claim with America's 1st Choice Home Club has been okay. They were so nice. The tech who came out for my dryer was good. However, he has to come back because there were some parts that were not available and it took him a while to get it. Also, I was working with the company at the same time to get those parts in. When he came back, he set up everything and the dryer is working now.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are happy to hear that the service has worked well for you. Thank you for your review.

AFC Home Club

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I have been using America's First Choice Home Club for three years. Their pricing and service were good so it worked out. I have set an appointment and my technician was through Samsung. By the time I heard back from AFC, I already scrambled and set up an appointment with the local Samsung people. Then they re-assigned the technician and I had to report that claim through their agent and then it was all fine after that. I emailed the receipt from the technician to their office.

Michael,

We are so happy to have you as a member for so long! We would love to waive your next service fee with us. We do always send out certified techs. We ask that you call us first when the failure occurs just so we can open a case. From that point, if you wish to use your own tech that is always an option.

K. Lewis

AFC Home Club expert review by Michele Lerner

America's 1st Choice Home Club offers policyholders peace of mind with complete home protection options. Consumers can choose from three plans to get protection that meets their needs and budget, and the company offers several additional benefits to add value to their warranties.

• Tiered pricing: America’s 1st Choice has tiered pricing options, which allows homeowners to only cover systems that need protection.

• Complete coverage: Some warranties only cover specific issues and systems, but with the Gold package from AFC Home Club, homeowners are covered for everything from HVAC to all interior plumbing and appliances.

• Flat service fee: All calls for repairs and malfunctions will incur a low $60 service fee, regardless of how expensive the final repair ends up being.

• Savings at the store: In addition to AFC Home Club's home warranty program, policyholders also receive membership into Retail Benefits, a savings program. Shoppers can earn cash back on more than 300,000 items at over 5,000 retailers.

• Eat out on AFC Home Club: Every month, policyholders are eligible for a $25 Restaurant.com gift card, allowing them to dine at one of thousands of participating restaurants.

• Best for: homeowners, home sellers, builders and property developers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information