2.99/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

America's 1st Choice Home Club

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With three plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 19, 2017

359 America's 1st Choice Home Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I just bought this home but it's 20 years old so it made sense to get a home warranty and America's 1st Choice got the highest marks. It's simple to call them up and put a claim in. They have a third party vendor to give me a call. All the technicians were very good. However, I have a Sub-Zero refrigerator which was over 20 years old and they would not pay for it. There is a stipulation in the contract that they would only cover an appliance up to 20 years. They gave me something, but the bill was $1600 and I ended up having to pay $1000 of it, which the reason why I got a home warranty is that these things get covered. So, I was not happy with that.

Another feedback is that if I have two leaky faucets, they'll charge me $75 for each issue instead of one. If I got a plumber here and they charge an hour, they should fix everything. On the other hand, I had a relatively new dryer that was a couple of years old. When something went out on it, they came back three times, fixed it and it didn't cost me anything. Overall, America's 1st Choice is attentive and they're everything they say they are.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I wanted a service that will repair or replaced my item in working condition. You offering me $122 to replace or repair my dishwasher is horrible. Technically, you only offering me $62.22 because I had to pay $60 for a diagnostic fee. I wanted a service to help relieve the cost of fixing a broken item. You are causing me more stress because now I am wondering if it is even worth calling you. If I have to pay $60 upfront and you going to give me less than 10% of the cost to fix or replace the appliance. Why would you care? You already have my money.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

America's 1st Choice Home Club was rated first over other home warranty providers. I’ve had good interactions with their representatives, they’ve been very helpful. However, submitting a claim hasn’t been good and it’s because I’m on the West Coast and they’re on the East Coast and it hasn’t worked out really well. The service people were located 50 miles from me and what should’ve taken at the most a week took five weeks to get a refrigerator fixed and it was the service people more than AFC.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Do we have "0" or "negative" star (as "1" star is too much in our experience below)? We bought this Gold Plan AFC Home Warranty "Multi Year Coverage" (for all Appliances & Systems) in 2014 and very very disappointed / frustrated over our 3 claims got rejected / denied in the last 2 years for no reason. #1. Plumbing Issues - Claim Denied (early 2015). #2. HVAC Issues - Claim Denied (early 2016). #3. Kitchen Refrigerator Issues - Claim Denied (Fall 2017). We are really surprised and shocked to read those reviews now (and we certainly got fooled in 2014 when we were reading these), that AFC "replaced" the appliances, when they had issues or broken (hope they are not fake reviews), when AFC rejected our simpler few hundred dollars fix / claims.

It happened to be a bad decision in opting for this AFC Home Warranty, as our last 3 claims got denied for no reason (after several weeks of delays even in creating a claim upon our online submission) without any fix made by contractor, despite contractors charged $60 each as service fee/deductible for the visit/diagnosis, and fixed nothing so far.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The America’s First Choice Home Club sales reps are great but I got a different kind of service when I called with issues. A sewer ejector pump had malfunctioned and I called AFC and had them send a repair person that was affiliated with them. They spoke to the repair person to diagnose the problem and gave the green light to fix the issue and told me the repair was approved. When the service was finished and the repair person left, AFC asked for the serial number of the broken piece of equipment that was replaced. Because the repair person already left, there was no way for me to get the serial number or the age or the model.

AFC gave me $75 which is the service charge of the repair person coming out and I paid $800 out of pocket. AFC gave me a check for $100 because they couldn’t verify the age or a serial number of the broken piece of equipment. AFC doesn’t tell that the customer should find out that information when replacing something. AFC gave me money based on how much the item is worth today. I got this type of insurance because I have old appliances and I thought that the purpose of covering older equipment was great. It turned out that AFC will only give a portion of what the items were worth and if they can’t verify the age, they give you next to nothing. I also need to pay a person to do an annual check-up where a repair person comes to my house even if I don’t have any issues. They examine my equipment every year so AFC knows the condition of each piece of equipment before I get it serviced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was researching for various home warranty sites and landed across AFC Home Club. I like their terms, price and the coverage. Also, the person I worked with gave me an additional coverage. It's easy to set up a claim with AFC. I had a problem with the water heater so they sent out a service repair guy who was very good and very professional. He diagnosed the problem but based on the age of the water heater, it wasn't covered and AFC didn't tell us that in the beginning.

AFC is going to charge me another $200 to get it fixed so I complained to my rep and AFC took care of it. Because AFC's terms never said anything about age as a situation, they were able to cover it. That was a little bit back-and-forth but the rep that I dealt with came through for me. The second claim I had was really easy. It was for a garbage disposal and they just sent me a replacement. The claims representatives were good and being able to reach and deal with an individual at AFC was straightforward and easy to get through. They were friendly and they tried to be as helpful as they could.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I had an issue with my garage and called it in on a weekend. I was not talk that I could contact a local provider if I could get them out immediately. Further, it took several days and phone calls to get a repair person dispatched. While reporting the issue, I was told that since my account was recently opened, my claim may only be covered at a partial rate. I noted that my account was paid in full for the year. And, I asked why should I accept partial coverage for a policy that was paid in full in advance. To which, I did not receive a satisfactory answer.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

In May of 2017 I submitted an estimate for pool repair work, that estimate was created by a technician and he mislabeled some of the info, he labeled the valves that I had to be replaced as "feeding the fountain and spa lines". My policy states that "coverage applies to in-ground, accessible working components and parts of the heating, pump, and filtration system as follows: ....check, and 2 and 3 way valves…..". The word "jet" and "fountain" were in that description so they immediately claimed that these parts are not covered. My solution was to get the final receipt from the owner of the business which is attached to this email. I submitted that info and they still refused to honor my policy. I called them over a period of 5 months, talked to 8+ representatives, one of which actually accused me of fraud and claimed the receipt I submitted was made by me, not by the company.

Every time I got the runaround, no manager is available and they will call you back before the end of the day. This went on for five months! When I finally spoke with the manager “Brittany” on 10/3/17 she told me that she had called my phone which she claimed rang without answer, that is impossible because I have mobile number with voicemail. She also claimed she emailed me multiple times, I checked all of my email folders and there was no such communication. I tried to explain to her the mix up with the original estimate, she refused to listen and she claimed that someone from her company actually talked to the technician. She also told me that I didn’t know what I was talking about because she does pool and spa claims all day long and these parts aren’t covered because they are part of ornamental pieces of the whole.

Then she read me back the wording that was on the original estimate which proves that they never did their due diligence by contacting my pool company. “He replaced 2 way valves and a check valve that feed the spa and fountain”. I have written proof that they never talked to anyone at the pool company which also proves that they are DISHONEST. I’ve attached images of the valves that they replaced, anyone with any pool knowledge can validate that these valves are part of the working components of the entire pool system and are not just localized to fountains or jets. This company has gone to extreme efforts just to deny my $300 claim for repairs that are completely covered by my policy which is FRAUD on their part. Don’t use this warranty company, they will not cover claims nor will they treat you with respect.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I needed a warranty on the house and I researched online on home warranty providers. America's 1st Choice Home Club was rated number 2 and had a reasonable amount of complaints, while the number 1 company had a lot of issues and were getting a lot of complaints, so I chose AFC. The process of submitting a claim was easy and wasn't that big of a deal. The first time I dealt with AFC, it took a while for me to get my money and I was a bit frustrated. But once they got everything clarified, the claims process was okay and the reps were helpful. I had some problem with my air conditioner and the repair cost was up to $2,000. The only thing I didn't like was AFC didn't make me aware beforehand how much the repair would cost. But the technician they used was someone I already knew, so that was cool. The quality of work that was done was good. Generally, AFC is okay but be cautious of some of the contracts. Do a little bit more research and ask more questions.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

America's 1st Choice Home Club was the first home warranty provider I got. I was a little disappointed because the representative who signed me up didn’t explain how the policy exactly works and I was never told that it’s only approved for $150 within the first two months. So when I submitted a claim the first time, they only approved me for $150 which was way less than the amount for the plumbing issue. The reps were not so bad but they could’ve been a little quicker to call back. They took care of me at the end of the day so I’m fine. And also, their technician was good. Yet, I'm not with America's 1st Choice anymore.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I got AFC with the hopes that the service would be better and the coverage would be equal to the provider that I had previously. So far, I’ve been satisfied, with the exception of not being able to access help on weekends. I submit claims over the phone as I like to be able to speak to somebody, and their reps are good. Yet I submitted a claim over the weekend and it was terrible because they took it but nothing got done. Eventually, the technician came, made his diagnosis and has submitted the paperwork.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I called AFC cause my A/C went out, the company they contacted said they'd be out the next day. The next day AFC called me and told me the company changed its mind and decided it was too far out of their way. AFC didn't know what to do, so I asked if I could find someone closer would that be ok. They didn't have a problem with that. Well the tech came out late on a Friday and after about a half hour diagnosed the problem. Nothing he could do until Monday. Called AFC Monday and had learned that they needed to talk with the tech, well he had moved on to the job he had been working on last week and they could talk with the scheduler (who is the owner). She had all the info on what part they needed order and all they needed was a work order. Got that on Monday and thought we were on our way. Nope still waiting for approval.

Wed. Call in the morning and was told I'd get a call back very soon. Later on in the afternoon hadn't heard squat so called AFC again, I asked why it's taking so long for approval AND THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. "We only have two people who handle approvals so will take some time." WHAT!!! This is a national company and they only have two people who take care approvals??? When my contract is up these people are getting kicked to the curb. I fired AHS for the same terrible customer service. I think I'll just save my money and not go with any warranty because if AHS and AFC are the two top warranty companies then I'm done. Not worth the BS.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Very disappointed with this company. The service is horrible and they will not honor their policy!! I presented a claim for my refrigerator which is not working properly. It took them 2 weeks to inspect and now they tell me that they will not cover it for being too old?? It is a Sub Zero and came with the home we bought. This is ridiculous and very unprofessional. If they have a limit for fridge repair - I understand but they cannot say they will not cover it when all kitchen appliances are included in the contract. I have the gold plan too which is the best of them all.

If you are considering getting a home warranty, stay away from this company. Horrible service - even said by the repair shop that came. I rarely write reviews, much less negative ones as I am a business owner myself and I understand there are always circumstances and 2 sides to a problem. However, in this case, I am telling you this is a rip off. Very unprofessional and now not covering their part of the bargain. Pls do not recommend this company to your readers/members. Not sure what to do now. Bill is $1600. New fridge will cost me $16,000.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The claims reps and the technicians are good, but the thing that I don't like about AFC is it takes too long to get anything fixed. It’s the process where you call them, and then they call you back, and then they have to get somebody to do it. So, it takes about three days to get anything done or anything set up which is too long.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Bobbie, we are please to hear your experience with our service reps and technicians was positive. However, we do apologize for the delay during your service request. A service manager will be reaching out to you directly in regards to the delay.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I called America's 1st Choice Home Club once for my garage door, they sent out a technician and fixed it right away. The rep was a really nice young fellow. Everything was positive and they gave me good service at the time I requested it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had a couple of claims and I felt that AFC unduly had reasons for not paying out what I felt was a fair amount. I had an almost new Whirlpool dryer go out. It was the spindle. The technician said, “It's shot. You need a new dryer.” They gave me $200 for it. Then, my variable speed drive on my saltwater pool in Conroe, Texas went out. Those things are not cheap and I ended up having to pay over $800 out of my own pocket so when the renewal came, I went to another provider. AFC was almost $1000 more per year and we either got to gamble that nothing goes out or pay it upfront. They weren't the worst, but it just wasn’t what I expected.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I paid them $50 for many months, about $350. My furnace igniter went out. I looked up how much it would be to buy the part. It was $47 with shipping. The problem is America's 1st Choice Club charges $60 for a service call. I say OK at least I won't have to install it. The even bigger problem as to why it's not worth having their service is they suck at customer service. I called and requested service on my furnace. I gave them the brand of furnace and model number and described the problem that it wasn't igniting. I also filled out a service request form. They told me I would get called back within 24 hours and I did.

So that's 1 day after my furnace is not working. Then I'm told I will get a call by the company who will send out a technician within 24 hours. I got called by them 2 days later and they tell me that a technician comes out and verifies the problem and then submits it to AFC for approval and then once approved comes and fixes it. It's now been 3 days. They tell me a technician will call me in 1-2 days. 2 days go by and I never get called by a technician. So now it's been 5 days since I requested a service request. I'M CANCELLING THE LAME ** INSURANCE. IT SUCKS DOG **!!! I could save my money each month and be way better off and actually get my stuff fixed within a day. WHAT A RETARDED COMPANY!!!

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Casey, there is no excuse as to why it has taken so long for a response regarding maintenance. If ever our service department fails to respond in a timely manner, please do not hesitate to call one of our managers directly. We do not want our homeowners to wait more than 48 hours for any issue. We apologize for the inconveniences that we caused you. Please give us a call and we woul be happy to resolve these issues directly.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I went with AFC after I looked at the BBB website and their pricing. I called them when I had a claim and they got all my information. They said that they would set things up, but nothing ever happened. They kept saying they'd call back with an appointment but I had to keep calling and when I finally called them back because I haven't heard anything in a few days, they gave me the number that I can call to get service. So, I had to set everything up by myself. I had two technicians out, one for the garage door which wasn't working and the other for our air conditioner, and both were fine.

But I feel like the warranty wasn't very useful and AFC's reps weren't very helpful. The contract was about to expire anyways so I ended up cancelling my plan with them after all of that. That was weird too because the first time I called, they gave me the runaround and said that I had to send a letter and have it certified. Then I called a little bit later and they cancelled it with no problem. It was also odd that the person who I set it all up with last year was really helpful in the beginning. Then when I've tried to e-mail and call several times, he never responded to any of my phone calls or e-mails even though he still works with the company.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Jean, thank you for your post. Whether it is positive or negative feedback, we want to hear it. We apologize that you did not have a good experience with us and that our service department did not get back to you in a timely manner. We never want our homeowners to have to wait for more than 48 hrs to hear back from us, especially sending a technician out. Our biggest priority and main focus is to be there for our homeowners every step of the way. We would love to resolve this issue, one of our managers will be reaching out to you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I have recently purchased the "3-Year Gold Plan". The fan on my air handler has stopped working. Keep in mind that the "air handler" is one of three items that make up the HVAC system (A/C, Heater, and air handler). I called to see about getting someone out to fix it. They scheduled a company that does not deal with 2nd party insurance companies, only with the homeowner. I called AFC to ask about reimbursement if I pay the bill myself. I was told to cancel that technician and they would look for another. Still no call from anyone about the 95-degree house. I called back to express my concern about "no call back". I was then asked for my service documents proving that I had it serviced last year. I did in fact have it serviced by a small, independent, HVAC (one man) company but can no longer locate the receipt. They directed me to contact Dave to have him reproduce one for me from last year (really?).

Of course, my luck, Dave is now going through a nasty divorce and I am no longer a priority. Therefore I can't even start the "reproduction" process of the receipt for the next 5 days, when Dave gets back in his office. Once that is done, then I can get reimbursed for the current repairs. This has become an arduous process from a company who claims to be the leader in their industry.

I called a technician on my own, and have an appoint within a couple hours. I will get the system diagnosed and call in for pre-authorization. Of course, the service call alone will be $75.00 (without any pre-approval). What do you do? The system will get back up and operational. The question is now what will AFC do in the fight to reimburse me or cancel the policy and switch over to the "other one"??? If you are applying for this company's policy make sure you have all past service receipts for your appliances. They will not let you actually read the policy until you sign up and get the policy in the mail.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

America's First Choice Home Club had good reviews and they would let me use my own contractor, so I chose them over other providers. Dealing with their reps has been straight forward and I had no difficulties in submitting my claims with them. Also, the technicians who came out were capable people and I have no issues with their work.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Abhay, thank you for feedback!

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Recently bought my first 'home warranty' and bought it from AFC Home Club in Georgia. I checked with 4 others but these guys said that they offered the same service and were about 10% cheaper than the most. After owning the policy for a few months, my air conditioner went out so I gave AFC a call. Everything was fine on their end, and the serviceman and I spoke to AFC on the phone and provided them all of the requested detail on the A/C. The short version is as follows: After 5 days and enumerable phone calls with AFC, they said that my air conditioner was 'too old' at 15 years, and only offered to pay $150 of the $2,500 fee to 'repair or replace'. Wow, huh? (This particular unit is one of three that I have on my property and all three have had periodic inspections. The unit in question was inspected 6 months ago and said to be in A-1 condition.)

They justify their decision by saying that one of the clauses in their legal contract with consumers is that they use a depreciation schedule on almost all appliances and such, although there is very little detail if any provided on this particular clause. The end result is that they have their heels dug in and are simply nasty business people and impossible to deal with if they think that they may have to write a client a check. I've checked with five other warranty companies about my issue, and once I utter the words "AFC", they all replied with the same statement, and it's; "Say no more"!! One company even referred to AFC as, and I quote, the 'rattlesnakes of the Home Warranty business". Like I said in the heading; Don't even consider these folks -- Don't walk away - Run from these folks.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I purchased the AFC membership on 1/25/2017. I got the AFC package coverage package in the mail and called on 2/24 to ask if I was in service yet. The claims person took all my information down - asking why I was calling before she answered my question. I explained that the dishwasher was acting funny - with delays in turning on. The 'service rep' says it is not covered because it hasn't been 30 days. I call back on 2/25 and explain that the contract reads the sale date as 2/25 - which would put 2/24 as 31 days - and if this looks like a bait and switch and I want to cancel the contract if this is how they operate.

Vernice says someone will call me back to assist. Norman calls me back on 2/27 to say that I'm not covered for the dishwasher - because it was already not working on 2/24. I ask again to cancel the contract. If I wasn't covered on 2/24 - then I canceled my contract prior to being covered - which means you owe me the refund of the down payment of $250 I put on the contract. Your customer service and Facebook responses have always LOOKED to the general public like they would assist - but no one calls or returns emails.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was shopping for a better deal because I had a problem with American Home Shield which we had earlier. I found America's First Choice Home Club and I went ahead and paid three years in advance. The vendors that they send out, at the end of the day, are the same. Whoever we use, the AFC guys found it out, so that’s been fine. We had a washing machine which broke down and it was an older version. They offered me $150 which was nothing in comparison to me buying a new one but I accepted it. It’s been a month now and I haven’t received that amount although I called them a couple of times.

I was traveling for two weeks out of the country and I thought maybe the check will be in the mail by then. When I came back, I didn’t find it and I called them. They said they had a glitch and have forwarded the check, and that was last week. Now they tell me it’ll be dispatched on the 8th of September. These AFC guys lack customer service and I had to send reminders to them via email. I'm in the service industry and personalized service, for me, is very important. I’m not too happy with our experience with AFC Home Club.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

First service call with your company, for repair of ice maker, limits on repair I was not aware of. Did not cover the repair costs, what’s the purpose of a home warranty if it doesn't provide for full repair of problem. When renewal time comes I will not be renewing.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Lance, all feedback is important to us and we will be reaching out to you regarding this experience.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I’m alone and whenever something goes wrong, I have my son-in-law and my grandson. But they have their own homes and I was paying so much for warranties for my washer and dryer, refrigerator, and stove. So, I decided it was better to have my warranties all in one, which was much cheaper than my paying for all these separate warranties, so I got a warranty from AFC Home Club. I was looking up another home warranty service provider when I saw AFC. AFC had better reviews and I picked them instead.

When my garbage disposal unit went out, I called AFC to submit a claim and the claims reps were very nice and friendly, and helpful. But they said that AFC doesn't send a technician out to install a garbage disposal unit, so my son-in-law put it in. Then the technicians came and they were very nice. They looked at the garbage disposal unit and within three days, it was all taken care of. That was my first experience in filing a claim with AFC and I was very pleased with the way everything was handled. I’m hoping that I wouldn’t need them, but it’s nice to know that they're there if something goes wrong. I've told a couple of my friends about them.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Thank you so much JoAnne, it is our pleasure to service you!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

America's First Choice Home Club has very good service and their charges were reasonable. However, it was difficult to get a live person to talk to. Also, we had a problem with the water heater and when it got to the service provider, he said that it is not fixable. America's First Choice said they can't do anything because the provider said that it was a problem with the inside of the water heater and not outside. And it's not part of the coverage in our contract. I was disappointed with that.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Thank you, Kungpo for your review. We want to be of service to you and all of our homeowners to the best of our ability. We have to abide by certain guidelines to ensure the best options for each individual. We never want to disappoint you and hold our relationship with you very highly. We are here to help!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

My boyfriend and I have seven policies with AFC Home Club. When we submit a claim with them, the process is very smooth. They usually need the serial number of the unit, then they tell us if they are going to send a technician or if there is a fair price on the unit to be paid because they can pay off that price if it's an old unit. Their representatives were also very courteous on the phone. They send licensed and insured technicians who do their work but they need a larger base of vendors and contractors working for them. AFC is very prompt on payments, too and they've sent me a check twice to replace my unit. Overall, AFC is very good for homeowners. They are more convenient and friendlier than American Home Shield. Also, they serve a wider stretch than another company that I used in the past. So I've been very satisfied with AFC.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Olga, your satisfaction with us truly means a lot. Here at AFC, we work hard to provide a relationship with each of our homeowners and service to the best of our ability. We are here for you!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I haven't been real happy with America's First Choice Home Club. The reason you get it is so when your major appliances go out, that you get more than a box for them. Most of the representatives themselves have been very nice. But when getting a policy like that, they should make it very clear that if an appliance is X number of years old, there's a maximum of what they will cover. I had my air conditioner go out. So I had had it replaced because there was one part that had gone out, but they couldn't guarantee that the rest of it wasn't and they wouldn't have to turn around and come back again. Finally, the decision was made to replace it. But I got a $300 something and that's all they would pay.

I know that I included my freezer, my refrigerator, my pool, and my spa when I took that policy out. When my freezer went out. I called it in and they sent somebody out. It cost me $60 for them to tell me that the thermostat or whatever they call it was out. So then they called me and said that my insurance wasn't going to cover it and it didn't get included on the policy.

Then the capacitor on my other air conditioner went out and needed it replaced. In order to do that, I had to send in this year's maintenance. I sent them a copy of that and a copy of the estimate for whatever it was going to cost to replace. I told them that I need it replaced now, but they said they won't be looking at it until the next day because nobody was there to do it. The guy told me how much it would cost and I decided to pay and deal with it. I then called them and they said that they were going to send the $138 for the air conditioner, but there's no more coverage for it if it goes out because it's maxed out. That's ridiculous.

Anytime I need them, I get this paltry little sham that doesn't do squat. I'm done as far as my claims on them, and I will look around and find another company. When I had to replace my one air conditioner, they said that the capacitor and something else wasn't covered. The repairmen said that it's always covered. But then they covered it on my second one. So it doesn't make sense. In that respect, I'm very unhappy with them. As far as the people themselves are concerned, nobody has ever been really rude to me or cut me off or not return their calls. The people themselves are fine.

The technician who came out was wonderful. The same with the one who does my heating and my air conditioning check-up every year. The quality of the work done was great. Decker Construction is just wonderful. They're very efficient and were on time. They get in, get out, and they put the booties on so they're not going to get the floor dirty. They told me there was really no reason to have a yearly maintenance on the air conditioning unless we're having an issue. There's really nothing to check and yet the insurance company requires it and if we haven't had it within the year, they won't cover anything. Granted, they probably are buried in the insurance policy somewhere if you can read the fine print. But that should be something that should be told right up front. They're deceptive in how they sound when you first sign up with them and then it doesn't fit what they actually do. I would not recommend AFC.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Very dissatisfied with this company, I have had nothing but problems with them from the first day I needed to use their services. Most of the things that the salesman told me were inaccurate. Now I am waiting months to get my stove fixed, I can't get in touch with the original repairs company, so have asked them for another, they want me to pay another service fee. This is unacceptable. I would of given them a Zero Star but it is not offered. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have a rental property and a regular property where I’ve had American Home Shield for as long as I can remember. But they continued to raise their rates, so I looked for someplace a little bit cheaper that offered the same benefit. America's 1st Choice's ratings looked good and they were cost-effective. It was comparable to American Home Shield as far as the services that they offered. But with AHS, if you call, you get through and they call you back right away which is not the case with AFC. The average wait time to place the call and get through to them before they ever pick the phone is about 20 minutes and that's regardless of what it's for. But the people themselves have been fine once you get somebody on the line.

Also, the technicians have been great. I've used several of them when I had American Home Shield. I've used Blue Caribbean Pool and Sea Shell Pool and both of those and their quality of work were fine. But one time, I called for them and some people shortly identified themselves as coming from Georgia trying to collect $60. I told them that I had already paid my deductible and that they were responsible for the balance because the item that was in question should have been covered according to the contract but I never heard from them anymore.

Then, the last call that I had, I had both of my toilets in my bathroom not working. I told them that and the lady said they're not an emergency service. I said that I understand but there's gotta be some sense of urgency placed around that. But I never heard back from them and I ended up calling a plumber and take care of the situation myself. A guy called me to see if I still need the service but I canceled the call at that point because I wasn't gonna waste 20 minutes. I never felt that they were helping on those times and I never felt really comfortable with that. I don’t think they’re very service-oriented company. Therefore, I would not recommend them, nor would I be using their service again when my contract runs out.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information