2. Homeowners

America's 1st Choice Home Club

America's 1st Choice Home Club
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With four plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers a wide range of coverage with multiple plans available. While some coverage caps are limited, their coverage variety and flexible service call fee make them stand out.

PROS

• Flexible service call fee
  • Choose your own service technician
  • Longest labor guarantee

CONS

• Not available in four states

Top America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews We Found

The claims rep was knowledgeable, asked several questions and got someone out within a couple of days. The technicians were timely, good and I haven’t had any issues with them. AFC has been able to take care of any issues that we have brought up and they have been helpful about it.

America's First Choice Home Club covered a bit more and their service call fee was less. They've just been super easy to work with. Their contractors usually come out on the same day or next. I highly recommend AFC. They've been professional, courteous and focused.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Learn More

America’s 1st Choice Home Club plans

America’s 1st Choice Home Club provides four levels of home warranty coverage to existing homeowners as well home warranties for buyers and sellers (available only through real estate agents). They do not require a home inspection prior to buying a warranty, but existing conditions are not covered. Optional coverages are also available, and there are no limits on service requests. They offer plans in all states excluding California, Hawaii, Nevada and South Carolina.

• Systems: This is an affordable plan for home systems only. It provides essential coverage for five of the most important systems in a household.
  • Silver: The Silver plan is ideal for homeowners looking to protect appliances. It’s also an affordable option and includes nine major appliances as well as the water heater.
  • Gold: The Gold level plan includes all Systems and Silver coverage and additionally protects ductwork. It’s a good option if you’re looking for both systems and appliance coverage.
  • Platinum: The Platinum plan provides the most extensive coverage. It includes everything in the lower plan levels, as well as several additional protections, such as plumbing stoppages.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club cost

You can get a free, instant quote on America’s 1st Choice Home Club website after putting in your current ZIP code. On average, annual costs for America’s 1st Choice Home Club range from $350 to $625 depending on what service fee you choose. This allows homeowners to choose the best choice for their budget. A discount is available if a three-year contract is purchased.

PlanService Call FeeCost
Systems Plan$75$450
Silver Plan$75$450
Gold Plan$75$550
Platinum Plan$75$625
*Prices for zip code 77001. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage

The plans from America’s 1st Choice Home Club cover the following systems, appliances or a combination of both. You can also customize your plan with additional optional coverages, but the specific options and associated costs may vary by region. You can find coverage for the following items across their four plans. Optional add-on items are available for an additional cost.

Covered systems:

• Garage door opener
  • Ice maker
  • Kitchen refrigerator
  • Oven/range/cooktop

Optional coverage: America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers optional add-on coverage for pool/spa equipment, septic systems, stand-alone freezers and well pumps.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 9, 2020

When I had Old Republic in California, they were wonderful. I had two homes over there. The first one I had for 27 years. The one before I moved to Arizona, I had for 15 years. I was very happy with them. And so, when I came here, I had that but I wasn’t happy with them. They were checking who they were coming with. So then I went to another one and my water heater broke down. It took four days with me not having a water heater before I went out and bought my own water heater and hired a handyman to come in and put it in. So I dropped them immediately.

And then I saw the advertising with 1st Choice, and I had a repair person from Sears come in and we got into a conversation about it. He told me that he had 1st Choice, he had them for four years when he moved here, and he was happy with them. I called them and I’m happy with them. Their rep said, “If you had any problems, call me,” wherein the other one I had never did that.

My laundry room sink was leaking and my bathroom pump was broken. There was nothing major. The contractor came out. What I also liked about AFC was it was one payment for two services. The other two had a payment for each service. One was $60 service, the other one was $65 a service. When I had the other one, I said, “I’d like to get my air conditioners checked.” They charged me per conditioner so that was $120. AFC charged me a service for the both of them and it was only $65. I asked, “How do you handle that?” And the rep said, “You only get one service charge for both air conditioners.” So I signed up.

I told them, “Well, it’s my understanding that if my refrigerator breaks down that you’ll replace it with a brand new one.” And the rep said, “Well, that’s not necessarily true.” He said what other companies do is they replace it, but they do it either with a refurbished one or something that’s been in stock. They might tell me, "Okay, we’re gonna send you one," and that might be a white one or a yellow one. And I have to accept it. What he said made a lot of sense. He said, “What we’ll do is we’ll offer you money to replace it.” And I said, “Well, that’s fair too.” As long as they hold up to the agreement, I’m fine with it. The rep gave me a lot of information. I was very pleased with that. AFC satisfied my needs the first time I used them. I recommended them to one of my neighbors.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

While America's First Choice's contractors have been fine, with claims, some things they cover and other they don't or I've had to pay part of. I have never heard of that before and it was very weird. We had some pool stuff that because of the age of the stuff, AFC depreciated it saying that the thing was only supposed to last 10 years and it's at nine years so they were gonna replace it. But then, we would have to pay the $75 fee. We decided that we would go ahead with that and cover half the cost while AFC covers the other half. So, I had to come up with and additional $140 and they came up with the other half.

A week later, we had a water leak out back on an anti-siphon spigot connected to our pool. I paid $75 to have somebody come out to tell me that the issue wasn't covered. They said that because the leak was outside the house and it was part of the pool, it wasn't covered. I wish the contractor would have determined that my problem wasn't covered before I spent the $75. I spent $75 but then it was $350 to fix my issue. So, we ended up calling somebody else who came out for $250 and did the job. We had somebody else who was a bit cheaper do the job because it was coming out of our pocket anyway.

If my air conditioner goes out, AFC will look at the year of it and only cover so much. That totally scares me and I'm very nervous about some of the big ticket items in my house. My other company would say that they would fix or replace those items. They're not in between where I'm gonna have to pay 50% or they would only cover part of it and they would have to come up with the rest.

Still, AFC went out of their way and covered something that wasn't supposed to be covered another time. Our garage door was making a lot of noise and AFC sent somebody out and the problem was just the wheels. AFC said the wheels aren't covered but then they covered it for which I was very appreciative. AFC has also been responsive. Additionally, with them, if I know somebody or I wanna get my own my contractor, they give me that option.

Anna,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

New customer - purchased 6 year Gold Plan. The two representatives were VERY courteous and were not pushy...that's very important to me. Their names were Kevin and I believe Daniel? They are from Georgia office. Both men were AWESOME!

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Julie thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

The first plumber that AFC sent out didn’t know what he was doing. He made a hole where it was not even leaking, and so, he made a issue that didn’t have to be. I should had to have the one hole. I called back because I was so upset. I had to pay him. I asked, "Why am I paying him, because he did nothing?" He created problems for me. AFC checked on me, and said, “Ma'am how are you? What’s going on?” And then when I paid the plumber that didn’t do anything, he just messed it up, they said, “Ma'am we will take care of the other deal, so don’t even worry about it.” I thought that was great than having to pay 100 something because it’s $60 when they come. And they said, “Ma'am don’t worry.” They’ve been there for me.

The second plumber that was sent was awesome. He came in and took care of it. He said so much was done that was unnecessary. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he shook his head about the first wall. He said, “Man, he just brought it down. Okay, let’s take care of this.” He came right here and did the work. But he said, “I’m so sorry ma'am. I have to make another hole in the wall where it should be made in the first place, and that was in your room.” That particular bathroom is against where the problem was. He did an awesome job. He said, before they close it up, to make sure there was no water. But from what I could see, there's no water.

But I still have these holes. AFC told me I have to find somebody that was certified. I’m still trying to look, and they told me they would pay up to 250. They would help me to get it fixed back. I’m very picky about the way I live. I like everything in place. The holiday season is coming up really fast and I’m going to have lots of guests, and I don’t want them to see that. I’m trying to find someone before the holiday comes, because I can’t tell them, “You can’t come.” They will fly in and drive in, and will come from all different ways. I hope I get someone soon.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've had home warranties for eight years and America's First Choice Home Club is favorable in some other things. Sometimes, their response rate is much better than other companies, but the exclusions they have is a lot more than the other companies. When submitting a claim, they have an answering service in the morning which is basically a waste of time. They should simply shut it off and say go online and do it because they ask so many questions without knowing anything. Then they tell us that it's only answering services and cannot create any ticket which will happen only later. So, you'd either accept the call or don't respond. Even if they do it, they should simply tell that they're just gonna collect a lot of information but have to pass it on to other people.

America's First Choice is very clear about what they cover and don't cover, but of course, the sales guys were telling they covered everything. They won't give false information, but they don't give complete information. And then, there's a large document in which a lot of things are not covered, but that's okay. That's part of their insurance business. The technician that answered the service call was fairly okay.

I had a couple of issues and sometimes the technicians or the company or their work, have not been a tickle, and I did not find America's First Choice covering my back. I had to go through a credit card company and America's First Choice covered all the money back, but they disowned me and said that I'm affiliated with the company directly and my information and they put it back on me, but I still won the case because the technician was lying.

They also don't tell us upfront that they won't cover any of the equipment which are more than eight years old. I had to figure that out on our own over time because I raised five tickets. And every time they come back and say, "This is more than eight years. All I can do is give you $50, a $100 or $200." I was very disappointed on that part. If I knew that, I would not have signed up with them. But without that issue, they've been fairly good and quite flexible. I'm adding one more property there with them because I really love them.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response
    We are so humbled to be able to cover your accounts and authorize almost $2100.00 in service requests to date.

Currently, our hours of operation are 9 am EST to 9 pm EST. If you do call prior to those times the answering service will take the information and allow us to go ahead and assign a technician. If we have added questions we may have to reach out but you are the first priority as it is first come first serve and priority does lay with emergency cases.

You can submit online at anytime if you wish at www.afchomeclub.com. We have found through annual data analysis that we are able to get technicians quicker to the home with the initial answering service after hours. We apologize this did not suit your needs and we will make an effort to bring this feedback to management and training, thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: May 22, 2020

Worst company that I ever seen before. I have 5 weeks trying to fix my washer machine, and AFC can't even put effort in fixing my washer. They assigned an unprofessional "technician " that he can't even communicate correctly to me. AFC told me if I know a friend that he can fix it for me... they blew up my business. What am I paying for the service if AFC wants me to call a friend to swap a part for the washer?

Original review: May 20, 2020

Kevin was very informative and personable. He was excellent with explaining the different packages available. He answered all my questions promptly and to my satisfaction. It was a painless experience!

Original review: May 20, 2020

I went online to look for a home warranty program as our existing plan was expiring. I found yours and after talking with Preston decided to take my service with your company. Preston was very knowledgeable, very polite and easy to work with.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Very Very knowledgeable about the plans and services offered. Explained in great detail about each appliance covered in each plan, and how I could save. I felt very comfortable and sure about signing up. Thanks Mr. **.

Original review: May 19, 2020

The expert handling and explaining of my coverage was great. I'd been through a terrible ordeal with Harmony. And your agents sent over a sample contract entailing just what they would cover. I look forward to seeing how this all plays out now. Thank you so very much.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage exclusions

As is standard for most home warranties, America’s 1st Choice Home Club will not cover known or unknown pre-existing conditions. Your contract also won’t cover damage due to rust, corrosion or failure due to improper use.

There will also be per-item exclusions listed in your contract. These will consist of parts or components of otherwise covered items. Your home warranty should cover all parts and components that are essential to the core function of the system or appliance but may exclude non-essential items.

For example, on their Platinum plan, America’s 1st Choice Home Club covers built-in microwaves but doesn’t cover parts like doors, glass, lights, trays, clocks or shelves. You can find a full list of exclusions via AFC Home Club's sample contract.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage limits

If not otherwise specified in your contract, America’s 1st Choice Home Club sets a $2,000 per item coverage limit per contract term for access, diagnosis, repair and replacement of appliances. Certain items have other limits specified, ranging from $125 to $2,000 depending on the specific appliance or system that is in need of repair. HVAC systems have no coverage cap.

ItemCoverage limit
    Interior plumbing$500
    Faucets$150
    Ductwork$250

America’s 1st Choice Home Club FAQ

Is a home inspection required by America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    No, a home inspection is not required to get a standard home warranty plan from America’s 1st Choice Home Club. If you wish to add optional coverage after your 30-day waiting period, an inspection may be required at your own expense.
    Is there a cancellation fee for America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    If you cancel within 30 days there is no cancellation fee. For cancellation after 30 days, a $75 cancellation fee will apply.
    Does America’s 1st Choice Home Club limit service requests?
    There is no limit to the number of times you can request or have serviced within your contract term. There may be a limit to the dollar amount America’s 1st Choice Home Club will pay to repair a specific item per contract term.
    How do I request a service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club?

You can submit claims online or over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club:

1. Open a new service request online or by calling America’s 1st Choice Home Club.
    2. A licensed technician will be assigned to the case within 24–48 hours.
    3. Contact your assigned technician to schedule your service for a convenient time.
    4. Pay your service call fee, and the repairs will be completed.

Is America’s 1st Choice Home Club worth it?

Offering several plans and fee options, along with 24/7 service, America’s 1st Choice Home Club is a reliable choice for home warranties. Though new policyholders can’t report a claim during the first 30 days, the company’s level of service, simple process and availability in most states make it a top contender in home protection. The option to choose between three different service fee costs is a nice perk, allowing people to choose what meets their budget best.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information