Get a Quote

3. Home Warranties

4.3/5 (482 ratings)
Get a Quote

About America's 1st Choice Home Club

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With four plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

Pros

• Flexible service call fee
    • Choose your own service technician
    • Longest labor guarantee

Cons

• Not available in four states

Bottom Line

America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers a wide range of coverage with multiple plans available. While some coverage caps are limited, their coverage variety and flexible service call fee make them stand out.

Top America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Verified

The claims rep was knowledgeable, asked several questions and got someone out within a couple of days. The technicians were timely, good and I haven’t had any issues with them. AF...

Verified

America's First Choice Home Club covered a bit more and their service call fee was less. They've just been super easy to work with. Their contractors usually come out on the same ...

America’s 1st Choice Home Club plans

America’s 1st Choice Home Club provides four levels of home warranty coverage to existing homeowners as well home warranties for buyers and sellers (available only through real estate agents). They do not require a home inspection prior to buying a warranty, but existing conditions are not covered. Optional coverages are also available, and there are no limits on service requests. They offer plans in all states excluding California, Hawaii, Nevada and South Carolina.

• Systems: This is an affordable plan for home systems only. It provides essential coverage for five of the most important systems in a household.
    • Silver: The Silver plan is ideal for homeowners looking to protect appliances. It’s also an affordable option and includes nine major appliances as well as the water heater.
    • Gold: The Gold level plan includes all Systems and Silver coverage and additionally protects ductwork. It’s a good option if you’re looking for both systems and appliance coverage.
    • Platinum: The Platinum plan provides the most extensive coverage. It includes everything in the lower plan levels, as well as several additional protections, such as plumbing stoppages.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club cost

You can get a free, instant quote on America’s 1st Choice Home Club website after putting in your current ZIP code. On average, annual costs for America’s 1st Choice Home Club range from $350 to $625 depending on what service fee you choose. This allows homeowners to choose the best choice for their budget. A discount is available if a three-year contract is purchased.

PlanService Call FeeCost
    Systems Plan$75$450
    Silver Plan$75$450
    Gold Plan$75$550
    Platinum Plan$75$625
    *Prices for zip code 77001. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage

The plans from America’s 1st Choice Home Club cover the following systems, appliances or a combination of both. You can also customize your plan with additional optional coverages, but the specific options and associated costs may vary by region. You can find coverage for the following items across their four plans. Optional add-on items are available for an additional cost.

Covered systems:

• Garage door opener
    • Ice maker
    • Kitchen refrigerator
    • Oven/range/cooktop

Optional coverage: America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers optional add-on coverage for pool/spa equipment, septic systems, stand-alone freezers and well pumps.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage exclusions

As is standard for most home warranties, America’s 1st Choice Home Club will not cover known or unknown pre-existing conditions. Your contract also won’t cover damage due to rust, corrosion or failure due to improper use.

There will also be per-item exclusions listed in your contract. These will consist of parts or components of otherwise covered items. Your home warranty should cover all parts and components that are essential to the core function of the system or appliance but may exclude non-essential items.

For example, on their Platinum plan, America’s 1st Choice Home Club covers built-in microwaves but doesn’t cover parts like doors, glass, lights, trays, clocks or shelves. You can find a full list of exclusions via AFC Home Club's sample contract.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage limits

If not otherwise specified in your contract, America’s 1st Choice Home Club sets a $2,000 per item coverage limit per contract term for access, diagnosis, repair and replacement of appliances. Certain items have other limits specified, ranging from $125 to $2,000 depending on the specific appliance or system that is in need of repair. HVAC systems have no coverage cap.

ItemCoverage limit
    Interior plumbing$500
    Faucets$150
    Ductwork$250

America’s 1st Choice Home Club FAQ

Is a home inspection required by America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    No, a home inspection is not required to get a standard home warranty plan from America’s 1st Choice Home Club. If you wish to add optional coverage after your 30-day waiting period, an inspection may be required at your own expense.
    Is there a cancellation fee for America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    If you cancel within 30 days there is no cancellation fee. For cancellation after 30 days, a $75 cancellation fee will apply.
    Does America’s 1st Choice Home Club limit service requests?
    There is no limit to the number of times you can request or have serviced within your contract term. There may be a limit to the dollar amount America’s 1st Choice Home Club will pay to repair a specific item per contract term.
    How do I request a service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club?

You can submit claims online or over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club:

1. Open a new service request online or by calling America’s 1st Choice Home Club.
    2. A licensed technician will be assigned to the case within 24–48 hours.
    3. Contact your assigned technician to schedule your service for a convenient time.
    4. Pay your service call fee, and the repairs will be completed.

Is America’s 1st Choice Home Club worth it?

Offering several plans and fee options, along with 24/7 service, America’s 1st Choice Home Club is a reliable choice for home warranties. Though new policyholders can’t report a claim during the first 30 days, the company’s level of service, simple process and availability in most states make it a top contender in home protection. The option to choose between three different service fee costs is a nice perk, allowing people to choose what meets their budget best.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's 1st Choice Home Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: April 30, 2021

I am super pleased with AFC! I have had to use my warranty twice and each time I have had wonderful customer service and was fully reimbursed for all parts and labor minus my deductible. This last service was a stoppage causing water to back up into all bathrooms and toilets. Called a plumber who came out last minute and fixed it before I even called AFC. I know I’m supposed to call first, but I was concerned about stopping the water from backing up. Luckily, once I paid the plumber and submitted my paperwork, they told me I was fully covered for the repair minus my deductible. Received my reimbursement check and couldn’t be happier. People have warned me about home warranty companies, but so far AFC has made me a believer!

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are here to help! Keep in mind you can now login to your account to Submit, Review and change service requests with us! Visit it here at https://afchomeclub.com/app/login

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I went with AFC mainly because I could use whoever I choose to use to perform services at my house. However, it was a little challenging to understand what was covered and not covered under the home warranty and the actual details of it. At that time, I had just purchased my house and we had a water stoppage. I didn't have all the coverage information at that point 'cause we just moved in and payment hadn't been received by AFC. I had to work with the customer representative to get a copy of the coverage details then understand it at that point and what the process was to even submit a claim. But they're pretty professional, very understanding, patient and willing to kinda walk through the details as much as needed. I didn't ever feel rushed or bothered for asking the questions that I had.

The customer service has been great. It's just it's like I'm having to dig for the information as opposed to being able to have it and really understand it myself and even understanding when do I use the home warranty versus not using them. I have some maintenance I'm about to do on an AC unit. When I was reaching out to different technicians, they had said that I need to go through my home warranty. I told them it's just for regular maintenance. They said I gotta go through them because sometimes they require certain technicians to come out. If not, it voids my warranty. I called AFC and they said, "No, that's not the case. You can use whoever you want."

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I never worked with any home warranty company like this. They're asking me to find a vendor and fix it. Then they said they needed pictures and that they didn't cover things. In the past, I had three plumbing issues and they refused to do it. They said they were going to charge me more than one service call fee for the same plumbing issue. It was two different bathrooms and it was terrible. The AC was leaking, and they told me I have to get inspection done on my expense. I spent $450 to do inspections.

I didn't know all of these things when I recommended them to my brother-in-law. They told me I was supposed to get $25 referral which they never sent. I emailed the salesperson before I enrolled the program and he immediately responded to all my emails. But once he got my money, he didn't respond. I have to call from a different number so he would pick up the phone. Then one day he picked up the phone and he said he didn't check the email. This is terrible. I don't like AFC at all.

When AFC sent a contractor out, they said they have to change a small part. Then AFC told the tech that I have to pay for the parts and the installation. I asked him how much and it was $700 to replace one small knob. I had American Home Shield for almost 17 years and I never had to go to this before. I wanted to get rid of the contract, but then the rep said I cannot do it because I signed up the contract for three years. They already got my money for three years.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I was in the process of purchasing a home. I found AFC on a website that had them listed at the top 10. I like the flexibility of being able to either use one of their technicians or find my own. Their plans were inclusive, where other companies would be missing some. Their plan was probably one of the cheaper ones and it covered the most. Originally, I was purchasing a different property and the contract fell through on it. When I had to get a new invoice and new information written up, the representative, before even getting to a service plan, got all my stuff updated and got everything over to my mortgage company. Very easy to talk to.

If you submit a request online, they call about it and they respond back fairly quickly. I've, unfortunately, run into a couple of situations with the purchase of this new home. I usually hear from them the same day. The only time I heard from them the next day was when I had to submit a claim later in the day. Customer service is very thorough. If there's something that needs to be followed up on, they'll take care of it then give me a call back. They always keep me in the loop. Overall, it's a great experience. I haven't had any issues.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I had a home warranty with American Home Shield and I was not happy with their services. I was looking for a new company and ended up with America's 1st Choice Home Club. This one was locally owned. I live in Georgia and they have an office here. They also gave me the option to choose my own service technician. I called and I was looking for the best coverage I could get for the appliances and for my air and heat unit. It was a good interaction with their customer service.

I had an issue with my dryer as it wasn't working. The technician that was sent out gave the wrong diagnosis so I ended up having to pay someone to come and fix it. When America's 1st Choice Home Club found that out, they sent me a reimbursement for half of the cost. That was good. Also, my garbage disposal stopped working. That's something that they really don't cover per se but they sent me $145 towards the purchase of a new garbage disposal. America's 1st Choice Home Club is a good company and they are responsive. When I call customer service, I don't get somebody in a foreign country but somebody who works for the company.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Dave & Lee did a great job with their customer service. They patiently answered A LOT of questions. Settled all areas of concern and offered a great deal to meet my financial needs. They pretty much are what made me choose their company... along with the company meets my needs. Praying that IF I ever have to use them, service will prove to be the same.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you

Original review: July 20, 2021

Experience was great. I signed on. Hope any need I may have will be the same. Time will tell on their response to a claim. Hopefully I won't need to claim anything. And should I have to, I hope I will give a rave review.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We appreciate your business with us, and we will be here for your home in the time of need, thank you for your valuable feedback on your experience here.

Original review: July 16, 2021

What a fantastic experience working with AFC to get my plumbing issue resolved in record time and with excellent customer service. Hopefully I won't have any other covered issues but, if I do, I know I'm in great hands with this company.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are happy to hear you had a great experience! Thank you for your feedback

Original review: July 15, 2021

Waiting on hold for 10 mins was just to cancel a service call… If the first person that answered the phone was able to cancel my request would have been easier than having to wait on hold for an extended period of time.

Original review: July 7, 2021

The Contractor was both resilient and professional. He has a great sense of service too and did not hesitate to come back 3 times to make sure the issue was properly fixed. He left a clean space and was very friendly.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information