Get a Quote

3. Home Warranties

4.2/5 (291 ratings)
Get a Quote

About America's 1st Choice Home Club

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With four plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

Pros

• Flexible service call fee
    • Choose your own service technician
    • Longest labor guarantee

Cons

• Not available in four states

Bottom Line

America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers a wide range of coverage with multiple plans available. While some coverage caps are limited, their coverage variety and flexible service call fee make them stand out.

Top America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Verified

The claims rep was knowledgeable, asked several questions and got someone out within a couple of days. The technicians were timely, good and I haven’t had any issues with them. AF...

Verified

America's First Choice Home Club covered a bit more and their service call fee was less. They've just been super easy to work with. Their contractors usually come out on the same ...

America’s 1st Choice Home Club plans

America’s 1st Choice Home Club provides four levels of home warranty coverage to existing homeowners as well home warranties for buyers and sellers (available only through real estate agents). They do not require a home inspection prior to buying a warranty, but existing conditions are not covered. Optional coverages are also available, and there are no limits on service requests. They offer plans in all states excluding California, Hawaii, Nevada and South Carolina.

• Systems: This is an affordable plan for home systems only. It provides essential coverage for five of the most important systems in a household.
    • Silver: The Silver plan is ideal for homeowners looking to protect appliances. It’s also an affordable option and includes nine major appliances as well as the water heater.
    • Gold: The Gold level plan includes all Systems and Silver coverage and additionally protects ductwork. It’s a good option if you’re looking for both systems and appliance coverage.
    • Platinum: The Platinum plan provides the most extensive coverage. It includes everything in the lower plan levels, as well as several additional protections, such as plumbing stoppages.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club cost

You can get a free, instant quote on America’s 1st Choice Home Club website after putting in your current ZIP code. On average, costs for America’s 1st Choice Home Club range from $32.08 per month to $55 per month, depending on what service fee you choose. This allows homeowners to choose the best choice for their budget. A discount is available if a three-year contract is purchased.

PlanService Call FeeAnnual cost
    Systems Plan$75$450
    Silver Plan$75$450
    Gold Plan$75$550
    Platinum Plan$75$625
    *Prices for zip code 77001. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage

The plans from America’s 1st Choice Home Club cover the following systems, appliances or a combination of both. You can also customize your plan with additional optional coverages, but the specific options and associated costs may vary by region. You can find coverage for the following items across their four plans. Optional add-on items are available for an additional cost.

Covered systems:

• Garage door opener
    • Ice maker
    • Kitchen refrigerator
    • Oven/range/cooktop

Optional coverage: America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers optional add-on coverage for pool/spa equipment, septic systems, stand-alone freezers and well pumps.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage exclusions

As is standard for most home warranties, America’s 1st Choice Home Club will not cover known or unknown pre-existing conditions. Your contract also won’t cover damage due to rust, corrosion or failure due to improper use.

There will also be per-item exclusions listed in your contract. These will consist of parts or components of otherwise covered items. Your home warranty should cover all parts and components that are essential to the core function of the system or appliance but may exclude non-essential items.

For example, on their Platinum plan, America’s 1st Choice Home Club covers built-in microwaves but doesn’t cover parts like doors, glass, lights, trays, clocks or shelves. You can find a full list of exclusions via AFC Home Club's sample contract.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage limits

If not otherwise specified in your contract, America’s 1st Choice Home Club sets a $2,000 per item coverage limit per contract term for access, diagnosis, repair and replacement of appliances. Certain items have other limits specified, ranging from $125 to $2,000 depending on the specific appliance or system that is in need of repair. HVAC systems have no coverage cap.

ItemCoverage limit
    Interior plumbing$500
    Faucets$150
    Ductwork$250

America’s 1st Choice Home Club FAQ

Is a home inspection required by America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    No, a home inspection is not required to get a standard home warranty plan from America’s 1st Choice Home Club. If you wish to add optional coverage after your 30-day waiting period, an inspection may be required at your own expense.
    Is there a cancellation fee for America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    If you cancel within 30 days there is no cancellation fee. For cancellation after 30 days, a $75 cancellation fee will apply.
    Does America’s 1st Choice Home Club limit service requests?
    There is no limit to the number of times you can request or have serviced within your contract term. There may be a limit to the dollar amount America’s 1st Choice Home Club will pay to repair a specific item per contract term.
    How do I request a service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club?

You can submit claims online or over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club:

1. Open a new service request online or by calling America’s 1st Choice Home Club.
    2. A licensed technician will be assigned to the case within 24–48 hours.
    3. Contact your assigned technician to schedule your service for a convenient time.
    4. Pay your service call fee, and the repairs will be completed.

Is America’s 1st Choice Home Club worth it?

Offering several plans and fee options, along with 24/7 service, America’s 1st Choice Home Club is a reliable choice for home warranties. Though new policyholders can’t report a claim during the first 30 days, the company’s level of service, simple process and availability in most states make it a top contender in home protection. The option to choose between three different service fee costs is a nice perk, allowing people to choose what meets their budget best.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's 1st Choice Home Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: July 27, 2021

Thank you to both Kevin and Dave from AFC for offering my husband and I the Platinum Plan for an amazing price! We searched around a lot of companies and you were the first to contact us via a phone call. Thank you for not trying to sell us more than we needed or wanted and only what was most important to us. Kevin and Dave are very knowledgeable of the plans AFC offers and are able to answer any question. We are very happy with our purchase and we Definitely Recommend to anyone looking for a Home Warranty Plan!

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are so glad to hear that your experience was amazing! We look forward to assisting in the future. Keep in mind you can now login to your account to Submit, Review and change service requests with us! Visit it here at https://afchomeclub.com/app/login

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I want to emphasize how incredibly helpful, empathic, and knowledgeable you have been in servicing my account at service address, **. Please share this with your superiors. I want them to consider my assessment of your skill sets during your next review. I have been an attorney since 1998, and am embarrassed to say, that I am not always as patient as I should be with representatives who do the bare minimum. You are special. If I’m pleased, I can’t imagine anyone sane who would not find you similarly an exemplary representative of AFC. The repairman who provided the diagnostic report overheard our conversation. He commented on how atypically kind you are. I would be happy to verify my assessment with AFC via a call at my account number, **.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are so glad to hear that your experience was amazing and we will forward your kind words to Ciara! Thank you for your feedback

Original review: April 30, 2021

I am super pleased with AFC! I have had to use my warranty twice and each time I have had wonderful customer service and was fully reimbursed for all parts and labor minus my deductible. This last service was a stoppage causing water to back up into all bathrooms and toilets. Called a plumber who came out last minute and fixed it before I even called AFC. I know I’m supposed to call first, but I was concerned about stopping the water from backing up. Luckily, once I paid the plumber and submitted my paperwork, they told me I was fully covered for the repair minus my deductible. Received my reimbursement check and couldn’t be happier. People have warned me about home warranty companies, but so far AFC has made me a believer!

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are here to help! Keep in mind you can now login to your account to Submit, Review and change service requests with us! Visit it here at https://afchomeclub.com/app/login

Original review: March 12, 2021

I have just moved to a new state and home and decided to get a home warranty for the first time. Patrick is articulate, knows his product w/o hesitations, informative and answered all my questions. One of the most sincere and intelligent sounding as well as knowledgeable individuals that I have spoken to regarding home warranties in the last three days! Was able to tell me all of the advantages of purchasing a warranty with your company. Hopefully, your company will also meet all of my expectations should I have the need to use your services. If your company follows through on the level of customer service and repair as described by Patrick, I will be a happy homeowner if I should ever have the unfortunate need to use your services.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Hello, I had Maureen discuss AFC with me, which she did an incredible job representing. She took her time to tell me what make AFC better than the competition. She took the the time to answer all my questions. Maureen was never pushy towards me trying to quickly sign me up. I had several questions which she help answer. We first spoke a few days before Thanksgiving. Maureen made sure to follow up with me the next day, and again after the Thanksgiving weekend. I was not planning on returning her as I had just received a great offer from AHS. But Maureen has got great follow up skills. I will be honest and say that she made me chose AFC over AHS. Maureen represented AFC very well. I then spoke to Maureen's manager who was also very good with customer service skills. My mission is now to have as many members of my friends and family to come move over to AFC.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have been with them for 2+ years, as I signed up for 3-year contract. With our first service call about my thermostat issue, they are coming up with all kind of reasons not to pay and says it is not covered. I signed up for “Platinum service” and paid all up front, and now after 2 ½ years, they decline my request. They say they deny the repair, states that it’s secondary damage, as the system had excess moisture that corroded the coil. How can a customer know there is some secondary damage happening within an appliance?

I also wasted the co-pay for the technician to come and provide the information to AFC. It looks like AFC will do anything they can to not pay for something related to your service request. Cancellation is also not easy. They say they will look into it if we send the request in a mail. They simply took my 3 years “Platinum Service” contact money without providing the proper coverage. Avoid AFC to save your money.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

We worked closely with Ciara to get our refund. She was wonderful and so patient. We really appreciated her kindness and warmth in figuring out how to quickly compensate my family for their repairs. She is singlehandedly the only reason we are staying with the firm at large.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are happy to hear your experience with Ciara was amazing! Thank you for your feedback

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Zach & Randy were an amazing help in finding me an affordable plan that works for us & our home. I went out looking for a new company and they were our 1st stop! They really took the time to listen and work with us! Thanks again fellas!

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Thank you for the feedback! We are excited to have you as a member with us!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I enjoyed talking with Braydon. Answered all my questions. I do like the plan they offer. Impressed. I will tell all my homeowner friends about the plans they have to offer. Their customer service is excellent. Their website is very self explanatory, their prices are reasonable

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

My account rep Randy ** was absolutely fantastic! It was so refreshing to speak to an organization in this industry that employs intelligent English speaking professionals. Randy listened to my needs and provided viable solutions that met my budget requirements.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are pleased that you chose us to protect your home! Thank you for your feedback

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information