Call toll free
3.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With three plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

BBBB Rating
View More View More

622 America's 1st Choice Home Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Things always happen and it’s a lot of money to fork over at once. So, I would rather pay in smaller amounts and know that I’m covered if anything happens. AFC Home Club has the best rate compared to others and their cost on service fees was $5 less than all the other ones that I’ve noticed so I decided to go with them. I gave them a call when I submitted a claim and let them know what was going on. What was fixed on my pool wasn’t generally covered but I haven’t used them at all this whole year and they wanted to help me out for being a good customer, so they covered it. It took a week to get the contractors out but once they arrived, they were great and nice. The quality of work was good but I'm gonna give them a callback because it’s still leaking a little bit. Nevertheless, people should use AFC.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Thank you for your review. You can reach us at 855-613-4555.

AFC Home Club

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I travel a lot and being a single parent, I don’t do a lot of the gentleman stuff, so I’ve always had warranties on all my properties. I’m not a handyman so having a warranty is very valuable. When I first bought a house back in 1994, I kept them with the property. But because this is a new house, it didn’t come with a warranty. I didn’t want TotalProtect or American Home Shield anymore, so I tried to look into something different, and we went with America's 1st Choice.

My husband and I usually submit our claims over the phone, and we haven’t had any problems with our interactions with the reps. I have a problem, however, with the follow-up because one time it seemed like my stuff had dropped in a loop. The guy that first started the repair of our dishwasher got sick before he could complete the job or order the part. We sat here over a week or so before we started to call AFC and ask them what was going on. Then we ended up starting all over again. The turnaround time was okay but we had to keep calling. The person who was supposed to make an appointment with us didn’t quite make it in a timeframe I thought they should have. The contractors that have come were fine, so far, but the return time should be better.

The part that I don't like with AFC is that we’re gonna deal with the renewal of the warranty every year. I thought it would be automatic. And when I went online to sign up for it, I thought I was going directly to AFC. I didn’t find out, however, that I was going through a broker until two days ago. A guy was calling and asking about renewal to save us money, but I’d rather not deal with a broker and I’d rather deal with the company directly. I seriously would like to know how to get rid of that gentleman. I was thinking about what the end of this would be if I didn’t go directly, so we won’t be getting contacted by anybody trying to sell us a different product. Still, AFC is better than TotalProtect and American Home Shield.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

As part of the process of buying a new home, the agent and I requested the seller to put a warranty on the property and America's First Choice was the home warranty provider selected by the seller. I've called AFC a couple of times to get referrals on contractors and they were very helpful. It was easy to submit a claim with them and I did this over the phone. The reps were polite and knowledgeable, and we had pleasant dealings. The contractors came out within a day or two. I've had one contractor out and they were able to complete the claim. Having this warranty is extremely valuable, especially if you are new to the property and you don't know if it has been taken care of. It helps with getting adjusted to the place. I would highly recommend AFC. I have another home warranty company that I work with on another property, but AFC's level of service is higher. I pay a little more money, but I get better quality.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased a policy from AFC Home Club in 10/17. I made my first claim for a water heater that could not be repaired. The total cost of the new heater will be $1895.00 installed. AFC offered me $182.00 for the replacement. They depreciated the water heater and said that is all they will pay. BEWARE! DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I submit claims to America's First Choice over the phone and my interactions with the customer service has been okay. I had a problem with the dishwasher and it took about four days to get a contractor. The knowledge of the contractor was little. I told them that the washer was not draining and the dyer was not working properly. But after their service, the dishes are still not drying. I've scheduled another appointment. The warranty had been helpful for my washer dryer, but the heater and AC had been more expensive. I had a couple of thermostats that stopped working. I called America's First Choice and they said they only cover $80 each. The service fee is $75 each and I have to buy my own thermostat. I thought that everything was covered except for the service fee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I made a claim online Friday morning for my furnace not consistently coming on and mentioned in the comments that the thermostat would intermittently shut off. By Friday pm I had not heard anything so I called in and was told they changed my issue to "thermostat" based on my comments and that now someone would be in touch Monday. Regardless, without a thermostat, you have no heat. I am not sure why that is less of a priority. I was given the option to use my own HVAC tech if I wanted and given the guidelines if I did so. While I was getting the rundown about using my own HVAC tech, I was advised I had to get a service contract on file to show I was getting routine maintenance on the AC and furnace quarterly; so I purchased that as well. I waited Monday, no call, so I called my own HVAC and the control board was bad.

Had it replaced, submitted a paid invoice with photos and 10 days later I get a call stating that my furnace is only worth $150 based on the serial number of the unit and that is all they could assist me with. I paid $450 for the control panel. So when I asked what is the point of paying $160 for a service contract to maintain a unit you claim is only worth $150 based on a serial number; typical response. "It's in your contract." This issue was not maintenance related clearly. My furnace is 11 years old the owners where seasonal owners; they winterized the house and barely lived here. Why are you basing the unit's life on serial number and not condition? Why require a maintenance contract if you are gonna low ball everyone's appliances.

Then the icing on the cake, the person on the phone says, "So will you be moving forward with repairs?" Well, considering it's been 10 days, the receipt says paid and it's January, I'd say yes! Do us a favor and don't read work tracks, read the file in front of you and be a little less robotic. When I called back to get a better explanation and stated I had questions about my account, the person said, "Ok what do you want to know?" She did not ask my name, account number, phone number. Then she spoke over me a lot. I understand depreciation but this is ridiculous. I will not renew my warranty. I would rather shop around or self-retain than be treated so discourteously.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have tried about five home warranties and I was pretty disappointed. At that time, I had four rental homes and I had to have a home warranty. I didn’t like the way the contractors operate and also because customer service never came up as expected. I dropped all of them. I’ve been without a home warranty for a year. I thought I would try again and I have thought about America’s First Choice Home Club. At the time, it said it ran 203, and everything was going sky high, so I thought maybe I will try them.

The customer service was quite good when we called. The only thing was that the first time I tried to get service for one of my rental homes, AFC asked me for the model and serial number. How would I remember after so many years? I thought, "Okay, this is not working for me." So I did my own thing with my own handyman. The next time I needed service was a plumbing issue, and that went well. When I asked the marketing team, they said the plumbing, walls and faucets are covered. I thought that was good.

I asked for service for my rental home two months ago for a faulty shower line and faucet. At that time, I was out of the country and I couldn’t go on to the internet. I had to do it long distance call. I was told by the reps that it is not covered. So I just asked my daughter to get a plumber and then do it. I had to pay out of my pocket. So I was thinking then that when I get back, I want to talk to AFC to see why it was not covered because as far as I understood, the plumbing, the wall, the faucets are covered. When the plumber had to go into the wall and repair, it costs us $450, it was more than what I paid for the premium. I was pretty disappointed with that.

There also was a toilet leak at our rental home. I called for home warranty and I was told that it is not covered. I have to ask a plumber to do it and he did it for $300. So after then, on the same house, it was already 750. I am really confused as to why there are differences between what I believe and what is really covered. I have been spending a lot more.

Until now, AFC hasn’t been very helpful to me but I kept it because if it is an issue for water heater or the AC that have to be replaced then it would be useful. That’s what I thought. Fortunately, my water heater and AC are still doing okay. Even then if something happens and they call me for model number, serial number, and all that, then it would not be very helpful. I am thinking that when my one-year warranty is up, I might as well stop it if I have to be paying out of pocket for certain things and it costs more than the premium.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I had a dishwasher that had the good stars from Consumer Reports when I bought it but after a while, they were having trouble with it. So I thought I better buy a warranty. I chose America's First Choice Home Club for the reviews on it and when my washer went out, they covered the part. That worked out good for me. But I’m hesitant to go forward because of cost. With as much money as you end up spending with AFC, you can definitely put some of that money away for new appliances.

Submitting a claim hasn’t been a problem though. Although it didn’t really work when I tried to do it online, I did it over the phone and it was easy. They also let you take your own technicians or use the one that they recommended. I couldn't find anybody to work on my Whirlpool appliance so they ended up sending out their person and he was good and efficient. They had an issue where their car got broken into and they lost tools. So they had to reschedule but they ended up showing up when they said they would. Then they did the work I needed.

Ms. Ennis,

We are happy to hear that you were pleased with AFC. I understand another monthly bill can be daunting but remember we cover over 15 units in the home, some are much more expensive to fix than others. With AFC you have the piece of mind that we will do everything we can to protect your biggest investment. Thank you for your time.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I moved to a different location so I decided to look into getting a home warranty and I looked at the ratings. I got America's First Choice and so far, my experience in submitting a claim has been okay. I do that over the phone. I called when I had a shower drain that needed to be cleared and they said that was fine. But when the technician came out, he said that to clear the drain, he would have to snake it. That wasn’t included so I had to pay extra for having it snaked. According to my plan, clearing the drain was included but snaking it was not. But to clear a drain, it seems like you would normally snake it. So I don't know. Also, the technician didn’t snake the drain all the way to the cleanout. He did a very minor one. He did reduce his charge a little bit but I still had to pay extra for it. So I wasn’t happy about that.

Ms. Mitchell,

We did cover the toilet repair but with your plan snaking the drains is an add on feature. That can be added on at any time for $50.00. If you would like to call and add this on please feel free. If this is a common occurrence in your home it would be worth it.

AFC Home Club

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had a home warranty when I first purchased my house and then I let it expire, so I decided to repurchase one. I liked the pricing of America’s First Choice. Submitting a claim was easy. I submitted two claims at one time which I did over the phone, and my interactions with their claims representative went well. I had no issues with their technicians. The second technician just had to cancel and reschedule. He was scheduled for one day, and then he couldn't come that day, and then he had to come another day.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I am a verified member since May 22nd 2017. Plan summary 3-year gold. Heater repair was December 2018. I live in Homeland California. My name is **. I needed my heater to be repaired. The company only covered $180 because according to them my heater had a depreciation value. I thought only cars had a depreciation value? Consequently, I had to pay over $800 for the heater repair. Lastly I found out that they cashed out my heater thereby rendering it no longer covered under my home warranty with AFC. Please reconsider and beware.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Somebody recommended America's 1st Choice to us a couple of years ago. However, our last experience submitting a claim wasn't good. The circuit board on our built-in oven was broken and we had to keep chasing after them to try to get it all resolved. We had trouble with the person that they contracted with to come out and fix the problem. Then, they would tell us to give him a call and tell him this and that. My husband and I thought that America's 1st Choice should have given him a call. But anyway, we called him and we finally got it solved. It took a long time, though. We weren't able to use our oven and it was over Christmas.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

When I was buying my house, I was looking for a warranty, and AFC Home Club had great reviews online. Submitting a claim with them was very good and the claim process was very easy. I submitted a claim not too long ago when my garbage disposal broke, and I submitted my receipt. The reps at AFC said that they would process the claim and get it sent over to me. I haven't received the money yet, but that happened in the middle of December. I also processed another claim for a plumbing issue, and they sent someone out within three days. I just paid whatever my service fee was, and they fixed everything. The interactions with the techs have been very good too. The quality of the work they performed was very nice. Everything is working very quickly and the experience with AFC has been very good so far.

Ms. Beale,

We are happy to hear that your experience was good! It looks like we sent the disposal check on 12/12/2018. Please give us a call if it was not received.

AFC Home Club

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was a first-time home buyer and I used to be with American Home Shield. I was not unhappy with them but I like to have multiple choices so I went on to see what America's 1st Choice has. When I signed up, they said that I’ll be assigned a point of contact and when I submitted a claim the first time for my air conditioner, it was a bit tricky and I was not happy with the experience. It was in the middle of summer and I have two infants at home. It says that they are 24/7 but every time I reached out to them, there was no callback and no follow-up. My point of contact would not pick up his phone.

I reached out to AFC and they told me that he was no longer with the company. Nobody sent me an email telling me about a new point of contact. I felt there was nobody assigned. So, I ended up finding an air condition technician on my own. However, AFC called back and I told them about it. They credited me for the service call but my out of pocket with the local tech ended up more. I had the impression like, "What did I sign up for?" The second time though that I made a claim was a much better experience. I spoke to Karen and her customer skills were awesome. I also had awesome interaction with the technicians who came to my home.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

AFC Home Club's rate is a lot lower compared to another home warranty I reasearched. I got AFC and their claims process is easy too. I put in claims online, they call to get some more details, and then we set up from there. I only had one phone call one time and the technician who have showed up in my home fixed the problem and told me what was wrong. Everything has been doing well since the repair.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

When my home warranty from another company expired, I wanted to try another company. I read some good reviews about America's 1st Choice, so I tried them out. But, I'm very displeased with their service. I was a member with them for two years and for my first claim, I called and requested service for the washer. The repairman came out but it didn’t work out right. He had to come out three times. Then towards the end of the service, I had my second case which was for the hot water heater that was not working. My previous company basically replaced my AC system for me with a brand-new unit, but America's 1st Choice would not replace the hot water heater. They would give me around $180 because I purchased a new one and I have to find an installer to install it and take out my old hot water heater.

I've submitted the receipt and everything, but it's been two and a half months since and I have not received the money yet, even though the representative I've talked to said she has my receipt and she's gonna send it out the following week. I called in about three times regarding this between December 20th and 25th as the most recent call and they were not really giving me much answers. My service expired on December 30th, so I decided not to renew since my first call took so many times and I didn't even get my check on my second call.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

AFC Home Club has the best service call rate and it appeared that they were gonna cover more, so I got their warranty and we are at 2 years now in a three-year contract. Submitting a claim for service is easy but I’m not necessarily thrilled with the nitty-gritty of how they nitpick what they will and will not cover. Our water heater is out and the valve isn’t working, but the valve isn’t covered. The refrigerator's icemaker isn’t covered as well. If they cover a refrigerator, they should cover a refrigerator. The odds nowadays of finding a refrigerator without an icemaker is one to none. It’s extremely hard. Then, my dishwasher got zapped by an electrical surge. They gave me $150 towards purchasing a new dishwasher but that’s not gonna go far for any dishwasher. So, they’re nickel-and-diming us. They’re pinching us on things that should be covered but they don't and yet other companies do cover.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My AFC home warranty was transferred to me by the seller of the home that I bought. Then I had some difficulty with both of my toilets and I realized through one visit from one plumber that I needed new toilets. I also had another issue that the plumber said that I needed to have clearance for to have it repaired. That's another $100 deductible and a different plumber who was gonna start from square one. I thought that I would keep spending $100 minimum when I might as well spend those on the new toilet, so I felt that that was not a good use of my $100 each time. I'm still limping along but I've decided not to continue with any repairs because the toilets are so old and I'd look at replacing both of them. So far, my experience with experience with AFC is good.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I've been with America's 1st Choice for a while. I chose them initially because of their price. So far, I've only done one claim with them and it was handled. It was for the guest bathroom where the wax thing inside the toilet that connected to the house was worn out. The process was easy. I submitted the claim over the phone and a day after, they got someone out. The contractor came, replaced the thing, and then left. The issue was resolved in one visit and in a timely manner.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

They said my furnace depreciation limited what they would cover. I thought only cars depreciated in value. They paid 180 toward a new motor. I paid over 800 to repair it, then they said they cashed it out. That means I can never request any more repaid whatsoever on my heater. So they paid 180, I paid over 800 to repair it and that's when they cashed it out. Never had a company cash out an item like this.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I liked the structure of America's First Choice Home Club's plans and the representative I spoke to was very helpful. They were prompt in following up and following through with communications when I submitted a claim and I was very pleased with the vendor that they sent out to address the problem. The vendor was very knowledgeable and professional. Sometimes the vendors aren’t people that you would choose yourself or not especially professional, but I felt like he was somebody that, if I had to select somebody, I would select myself. The quality of work that was provided was excellent. I am very pleased with AFC so far and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We had trouble with our previous provider and so we called America's 1st Choice. They gave us a better quote and it also covered our pool. Submitting a claim to them was not very difficult. It went great when we made a claim for our microwave. The technicians who came were very professional. They did their job and waited. They checked it out to make sure it was working right and had me okay it. Although, they visited twice as they did not understand the first time I called that I have a combination of KitchenAid oven and microwave. Since the repair, the microwave has been working great.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

The home warranty company that I had before screwed me, so I looked into getting another one and went with America’s 1st Choice Home Club. I typically submit claims with AFC over the phone and their claims process has been pretty straightforward.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are glad to hear the process has been simple. Let us know if we can do anything for you!

Happy New Year!

AFC Home Club

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

This is the first home that I purchased and the only reason that I was getting a home warranty for it was that the house had a couple of issues and the seller was able to ease my concerns by offering to pay for the first year of home warranty. I got to pick the policy and a budget for that was given as part of the seller’s agreement.

When I looked on the internet for a home warranty provider company, the first one didn’t offer the plan that I was looking for and America’s First Choice was the second one that I looked at. The main thing was that I have two AC units in my house and the other policies that I looked at wouldn’t cover two AC units. On the other hand, the reply that I got from AFC was very prompt and they offered coverage for my two AC units which was perfect because I live in Texas and in the summer heat here, I cannot be without air conditioning for too long. So, I purchased a warranty from them and the cost of the policy that I got was close to the budget that I was given.

Usually, when I submitted a claim, it was initially responded to quickly, but then getting in contact with a claims representative was sometimes frustrating. It took a little while for them to come back with all the right information and be able to answer my questions. Getting a work order started has usually been a week-long process, which could be frustrating. But for the most part, it has been all right because I expected that from just about any home warranty company.

The interactions that I’ve had with the contractors have been frustrating too because they were pretty good at fixing the issue once they knew what the issue was, but diagnosing the cause of the issue has not been a great point with them. We’ve had to call the tech out at least twice for one of our AC unit issues because when he first came out, he fixed what he thought might be the problem, then he came back to fix a different problem instead. So, he was not incredibly knowledgeable, but at least my problems have been resolved. It’s frustrating and a concern that the tech keeps coming out, but as long as the issue gets resolved in the end, then that’s really all that I care about. Typically, for a case like that, it took a week and a half from the time that I submitted the claim till the the problem was diagnosed and fixed. For one of our issues, it was almost two weeks, but for another issue that we had, it was five business days.

Regarding the quality of work that has been done, once the techs have fixed an issue, it stays fixed and we haven’t had recurring issues, at least for the couple of months that we’ve been in the house. We’ll renew with AFC. My expectation is that regardless of any misunderstandings that I may have with the company, I can expect that across-the-board and at the very least, I’ve got some experience with them, so I’ll remain with them until I get a recommendation that something else is better. It works out a little bit better for me and I really like that I can choose from a $75, $100 or $120 deductible on my policy as that gives me an illusion of control. That’s pretty nice because some other warranty companies that I looked at had a fixed plan and told me what my deductible would be.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Thank you for your review. We are always striving to make sure service is expedited. Let us know if there is anything else we can do! Thank you.

Regards,

AFC Home Club

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I had American Home Shield first and I was with them for three years. I was dissatisfied with them so, I looked up America’s First Choice and went with them. I’ve only used AFC once for me and I have three homes with them. CJ, the rep, was very personable and nice. He explained everything to me. He gave me his personal number and email, and he told me to call him any time if I had any problems. However, I called him several times and he has never returned the call. Also, I referred my friend, Claire and she bought their service because of me. Her microwave went out and she got the big runaround. It took her from October to December 18th to get it fixed. We were told that AFC would either repair or replace. She called them and it was costlier. They told her they couldn’t fix it and they were gonna give her $165 to replace it. It was a built-in one and they didn’t replace anything. So, we were very disappointed.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I was looking for a home warranty and I found America's First Choice Home Club. They said so many things, but they did nothing. If I call on a Saturday and they open on a Monday, and then I would try to call on a Monday, still nothing. They would tell me they don’t have anybody to find, so it was so bad. I would have to find somebody myself. And then, they won't pay the techs I would call myself because it is not covered. The other day, I called AFC for a plumbing issue. They said the techs were coming. The techs told AFC that they had to call first and had to get an approval. Then they said they cannot work because when they go here, they have to work and get paid. They didn’t come and I had to get somebody else.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I was very dissatisfied with American Home Shield and I went on the internet looking for an alternate warranty provider or something alternative. I found AFC Home Club and did some comparisons and decided to go with it. I've had to use the warranty twice and I didn’t like exactly how the first one went. It was a garbage disposal issue and I had to buy a disposal and have it installed. They replaced the cost of the garbage disposal, which was not what I wanted in a plan because I don’t know anything about buying them and all that kind of stuff. Also, I had to scan the document and email it to them. They said it takes up to 30 days to get reimbursed and that wasn’t the issue. It's just that I have to go through that submitting a claim, which is something I wasn’t accustomed to doing.

The second one was about my clothes dryer and they sent a technician out and that’s really all I wanna have to do. So that one was perfect. But I had an issue with the first person they placed me with. He didn’t return my call. I've already waited a week and I rearranged my schedule and stayed at home. Nobody even called me. Then, when I called the contractor, they said they weren't coming out anymore. One appointment must have lasted too long and the tech would not come which I didn't like at all.

I called AFC and complained and the young man that worked with me made sure that he got me with a company. Also, he waived my service fee because he said I have been so inconvenienced because I had to go through a Laundromat, of all places, to dry clothes, something I hadn't done in 30 years. That just was not a pleasurable experience. Ace Technology was the last guy they sent out and he was very professional and on time. He had to come in, put a temporary part in, ordered a part, let me know when it came, and came back and replaced it. He was very good. I would recommend AFC but I would have to tell people to really read their contact closely and know what it is they think they might have issues with.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I had a couple of properties and I wanted to have a home insurance property. I got over the phone and AFC's customer service and the plan they provide might be better so I went with them. But unfortunately, it's not the case. There's a lot of hidden facts that they do not tell you and after you get the information, you are in the contract and you cannot discontinue your contract just based with the issues and the hidden facts. Other than that, I submit claims over the phone and the turnaround time for them to send someone is around 72 hours. The techs have been pretty good as of now. They just fixed something for us last two weeks and it has been working fine.

Mr. Shabani,

Thank you for your review. Please keep in mind we are not an insurance policy. We are a home club. If you do not have a Homeowners Insurance on your home please make sure to do so. Our membership is to assist with failures of appliances or systems that occurred before the plan was put into place.

I show you have received approximately $700.00 in services and have been a member for 4 months. It seems the plan is working in your benefit but if there is anything more we can do please let us know.

Thank you!

AFC Home Club

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I switched to America's First Choice because we're able to text them to come out here. Submitting a claim to AFC was not a problem. When I put in a call for the garbage disposal, I went to get it myself, which was fine, but then there was no one to call or text for someone to come up an installation without paying the $60 I used to pay the other warranty. I wasn't able to contact anyone. But the technician that came out did a great job. I also had a problem with the hot water heater, and only gonna pay a $190 if a hot water heater cost $900 to $1,300. So I would not be going back through their service again. There are too many problems with this warranty.

I talked to one of the claims personnel and I am supposed to get reimbursed for my garbage disposal claim. I was told to send a receipt to an email and the rep said she will take care of the rest. I sent in the receipt to an email but I haven't receive a response. I am trying to work with it but it does not look too good at getting the warranty through AFC. I have to pay more money with this warranty, so I'm definitely gonna change it when I get done with it.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

AFC Home Club is worth investigating and signing up with. The different reviews online helped me decide to sign up and when my heater needed to be fixed, I submitted the claim online. The site was easy and intuitive and everything went fine. They reached out to a specific heater mechanic and he was timely and very professional. He called 15 minutes prior to coming over and then he came in, fixed the heater and made sure everything was in working order before he left. He was done in one day.

Mr. Brodie,

We are glad your service request was handled in a timely manner. We look forward to servicing you in the future.

AFC Home Club expert review by Michele Lerner

America's 1st Choice Home Club offers policyholders peace of mind with complete home protection options. Consumers can choose from three plans to get protection that meets their needs and budget, and the company offers several additional benefits to add value to their warranties.

• Tiered pricing: America’s 1st Choice has tiered pricing options, which allows homeowners to only cover systems that need protection.

• Complete coverage: Some warranties only cover specific issues and systems, but with the Gold package from AFC Home Club, homeowners are covered for everything from HVAC to all interior plumbing and appliances.

• Flat service fee: All calls for repairs and malfunctions will incur a low $60 service fee, regardless of how expensive the final repair ends up being.

• Savings at the store: In addition to AFC Home Club's home warranty program, policyholders also receive membership into Retail Benefits, a savings program. Shoppers can earn cash back on more than 300,000 items at over 5,000 retailers.

• Eat out on AFC Home Club: Every month, policyholders are eligible for a $25 Restaurant.com gift card, allowing them to dine at one of thousands of participating restaurants.

• Best for: homeowners, home sellers, builders and property developers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information