America's 1st Choice Home Club

America's 1st Choice Home Club

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought a home, moved into it and wanted something better than the home warranty company I had. I did a Google search and AFC had the best reviews. When I submitted a claim with them, it went smooth and the rep had it pushed through pretty quickly. The tech who came was a local company that I used a few times directly on my other needs. He was excellent.

I've always had a home warranty, but I never liked American Home Shield. I fired them and terminated their service years ago. AFC is certified and approved, and they're endorsed by the Better Business Bureau. They've been very professional, courteous and fast each time I submit a claim. They explain everything very well. A technician comes in within a couple of days and depending on my schedule, but they’re normally readily available within 24 to 48 hours. They’re very patient.

Overall AFC has been excellent because I bought this house April 1st, 2013, built from the ground up and they built the house so fast that I didn’t think I could’ve sued them for negligence. I made up my mind that whatever I replace, it would be top quality and it’d be a top-quality company that would install it. I've replaced four things so far, including the sump pump, but it wasn’t under the warranty so I had to pay by my own pocket. When January comes, I can renew my contract and I’m gonna add some more things on it. I've told my church about AFC, so I’ve been advertising for their company because I had good experiences.

I am not one to normally write reviews. I am a simple person who just wants to get what they pay for and I believe in Karma. I needed to tell other about this company so they too can experience what it is like to have someone stand up to their word, which is not normal these days. I called AFC about 2pm when it got real hot here about a week ago. My house was 79 degrees and my pregnant wife was about to have a fit. They had the tech at my door within 3 hours, be it this was a heat wave and he was still there that day! He was working on the unit for about 2 hours and it ended up needed quite the repair, when all was said and done what was asked of me? NOTHING ALL I PAID WAS $60.00 deductible and he was on his way. I couldn't believe how simple it really was. (Guess I am a skeptic.) I would highly recommend them to anyone I know, my house has been cool since.

The first time I put in my request, the company assigned said I canceled the work order & never got in touch with me. I called AFC & said I never canceled. AFC called the technician & told me they would call me. They never did. I called AFC again & told them I still needed the work done but I wanted a different company. They assigned a different company to my work order. The second company called & we set up a date & time for the work to be performed. They came on time & completed the job to my satisfaction. I want to thank Amanda ** for her follow-up & dedication for getting the job done. She is wonderful & has boosted my trust & confidence in AFC. Thank you Amanda **.

Called AFC to get a quote, since my former warranty company, First American raised their rate a couple hundred dollars and their visit is higher now, too. Received excellent service from Adrian and based on the rates and coverage I signed up with AFC.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Although it was holiday weekend (New Year's), AFC contacted the service company and the company Air 3000 got a technician out the same day. It was important as we head guests staying in the area serviced by that a/c unit. Thank you for the quick response.

Factual basis uncertain

Our sump pump broke. Was not working. I called the AFC home warranty. I specifically purchased the extra warranty for the sump pump knowing the need for repair. The AFC denied the repair and called it maintenance instead which by the way wasn't covered. I am over the top angry with this scheme of calling it maintenance!! I plan on cancelling my plan and going back to 2-10. Very poor customer service.

Factual basis uncertain

We had been with American Home Shield before. When it was time for renewal, they tripled our premium so I didn't renew them. I looked for another company. Next in the list of warranty companies that came up, number two was America's 1st Choice Home Club - the one I have now. I had two bad experiences with them. One happened when our water heater burst and it ends up being a really bad deal because it came through the kitchen ceiling. We had to get our hardwoods and drywall replaced.

I called the warranty company about the water heater and without even sending anybody out, she told me it wasn't going to be covered over the phone. So we ended up having to pay $3700 dollars to get two water heaters. Even though one didn't break, we decided, because of the age, go ahead and get another one. And then in the middle of all our renovations, the AC went out. It's been a very expensive year. It took a long time to get them to do anything. I had to submit all kinds of paperwork and everything else. They said because of the age of the air-conditioner. We paid $5200, they gave us $350. Is it only gonna cover brand-new stuff? We've had two major things that cost us about $9000 and we got $350 out of it.

And because they're in Georgia, they usually can't get a technician or somebody out for a couple of days. And a lot of these things are usually urgent repairs. So you end up having to call your own technician, which is fine and supposedly, they reimburse you. But I feel like they're always looking for a way not to cover something and I'm not impressed at all.

AFC had some of the highest ratings among other companies, and submitting a claim to them is pretty simple and stress-free. Their technician has been respectful and professional when coming into my home. I made the right choice with them which is nice.

I've been with AFC Home Club for a year and a half now, and my experience with them in claim submission has been good, so far. The reps were easy to work with, too. I've only had one thing done and I haven't had any issues.

I googled home warranty companies and AFC Home Club had the highest reviews. Submitting a claim is fairly easy. Some of the technicians that had come out are questionable, though. Some of them don't seem highly trained even though I know that AFC Home Club uses licensed contractors. We had an issue with our fridge and the first contractor was very rude and didn't seem like he knew what he was doing. We had to call and get another contractor to come out and then he was able to fix the problem. But we had to call a third one out. We were told that we didn't have to pay the $60 deductible because that will be transferred from the last one but the third contractor said that if we're not gonna pay him, he'd be leaving, which he did. Other than that, it's been a fairly simple experience and I'm still pleased overall with AFC Home Club.

The philosophy of the company that I used before AFC Home Club was "repair it or replace it" but with AFC, it was "repair it or pro-rate the value of replacing it." I take care of my things and under that policy because I take care of my things, the older they are the more I get penalized if they quit working. But AFC Home Club was cheaper than other companies and I liked the sales pitch given by the sales rep. When I switched over to AFC, I specifically asked them a lot of questions comparing where I was versus where I was trying to go. I was having a problem with my inside lines and trying to get somebody to go on the roof with a snake to snake out the pipes. The company I had didn't do that and the guy who sold me my AFC policy led me to believe that it wouldn't be an issue with AFC and that they did things like that. AFC Home Club did so much more. I've had to do extra legwork before it happened but they eventually took care of all my issues. One was the seal on my freezer and the next was for my dryer that went out.

Called AFC on Thur, they returned my call 1st thing next morning. Courteous, Professional & Efficient. Gave me Name & Phone # of Company (Advanced Appliance Repair) assigned to repair ice maker & they would contact usually within 15 mins & within 15 mins they called. Scheduled our repair for the next day & repaired then. Very different from Home Warranty Companies I have use in the past, which with all I had to play the WAITING game. NOT with AFC. 10 Stars & Thanks. :)

Factual basis uncertain

Do not use AFC Home Club for your home warranty. 6 months in my new home and made a claim for my pool motor. $60 to have their tech come out and diagnose only to be denied for a pool motor pump. $575 for the warranty, $60 for the diagnostic service call. $635 and I am still left with the repair. The way their contract is composed, they can deny any claim. My denial was for wear and tear. Really? Isn't that what a warranty is for. This company is a pure scam! Beware.

I filed one claim for a garbage disposal With America's 1st Choice. I installed it myself and they reimbursed me $75 but the check took close to two months to get to me. Nevertheless, their customer service was very pleasant.

We checked out different companies before and what they had to offer, and ended up with America's 1st Choice Home Club. Submitting a claim to them was very easy and their claims rep was very good. The tech was fantastic and his work was great. I had a really good experience.

Factual basis uncertain

I had a leak underneath the sink. Not knowing what was wrong except water was coming out. I called in to get fix. The people came out the next day. I paid the $60.00 for them to come out. Then ended up paying another $60 because they replaced the garbage disposal. I didn't know what was wrong and single parent with no handy person around. What is the purpose of having the warranty. Just not a happy camper.

Factual basis uncertain

This company is not open 24 hours 7 days a week. When you call in to file a claim you get a answering service that is unable to answer questions. I had American Home Shield and canceled to use this company. I would advise you not to sign up with this company. They are not what you expect. Horrible customer service. I'm going back to American Home Shield.

Factual basis uncertain

All I can say is read your policy carefully. After the 30 day waiting prior to make a claim they place another 30 day payout cap. Not only was I upset about this there was a delay in getting a service provider assigned plus they had a delay in processing my payout because of staffing issues. I've worked with Fidelity home warranty and Americas home warranty and never had an issue with timeliness or payments. I'm super disappointed and would not recommend to anyone I know. I finally received a call from a service manager whom was very kind but sadly she only was able to process at maximum payout and not resolve any of my other issues.

Factual basis uncertain

I must say this is my fault for not reading the contract carefully within the first 30 days. Every item and problem that was not covered was following the contract guidelines so I totally understand why this happened. For example we had an issue with our hot water tank leaking. Well leaks are not covered! Not much else to cover on the tank besides the elements and the thermostat which are cheap and easy to fix. I thought the entire unit would be covered. It's not a very comprehensive warranty.

Factual basis uncertain

My realtor gave me a list of six companies, and then, I also went online and looked around. I then got on the phone with someone from AFC and he talked me into getting it. I feel like the company completely misrepresented themselves. I've been very unhappy with them. The guy that sold me the policy said he would always be there for me. If I needed help, he could help me through the process. He was gone within a couple of weeks. The next person I dealt with said they will get me my contract. I already paid them and I still didn't have a contract. I went through three people before I ended up with whoever I'm with now. When I submit a claim, I always deal with someone different who doesn't seem to have all the facts.

The claim that I am in complete frustration over is my water heater. I was told that there was no maximum of claims for the term of the contract. I was told that on the website, it says water heaters are covered. Now, my water heater went out just after I received my contract, which was about two months after we paid them. I had the plumber that was doing the work, and he called them. They said that they don't cover the water heater tank. They would cover all of the innards but not the tank. So, my plumber said they don't go in and fix all the pieces. They just replace it. Fixing all the pieces would cost over $1500 wherein replacing it was $750. I was told by several different people that they were going to cover the water heater.

When I asked to speak to a manager, after going round and round about this, she said they were not going to cover it due to age and to the fact that they don't cover the tank. At that point, the manager said that they would send me $150 for my trouble since I didn't understand what their contract really said. So, I have been asking them, over and over, about either giving me $150, which I don't think is fair, or covering the water heater because it specifically says on their website that they would cover a water heater. I even asked the salesperson what they covered, and he sent me the list of what they covered and it said water heater on there.

It's really frustrating. I finally submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau in Atlanta, and they attempted to mitigate. However, there was, apparently, no mitigation and the emails back from the company were very condescending. They're telling me that I've already gotten more than my money's worth out of America's First and that I should be happy with that, and they are not covering the water heater.

Factual basis uncertain

I did an analysis of all the different home warranty companies and America's First Choice came up. As far as readings and reviews, it's one of the top companies. I had previously been with American Home Shield a number of years ago and my experience with them was pretty good. What got me excited was with America's First Choice, if something broke within the time of my warranty period which was a year or two years based on how long I signed up, they would come out and fix it for free. They basically guarantee their work, and then I could choose people to come in to do the work. Those things were valid and good options so I went with them.

I submitted my claim on the phone and the AFC representatives did the very best that they could with the information they had. However, there's so much that's not spelled out within the company and it's very misleading. They were doing their jobs to get the information but unfortunately, because the contract was a little muddy, I had very short patience with the company service person since all they were saying was they couldn’t do this or that.

The only thing I needed was my drain snaked. I called AFC and they got a technician to do it. Once the technician came out and did it and I paid the fee, AFC refused to pay it saying it wasn't covered. What was interesting was the technician that they sent me was with them. I asked the technician and he was surprised that it wasn't covered. That's one of the main reasons why people call, for their drain having a slow leak is because it needs to be snaked. I ended up having to pay not only the $75 that they gave out but another $100 to the technician.

The other reason I called AFC was because my garbage disposal wasn't working. They told me that they can get me a new garbage disposal but I had to hire somebody to put it in. They could not pay to ask someone put it in and I was shocked. The third reason I called them about was my heating system not working. I asked them if somebody could come out and fix it and they said, "We need to know who's been maintaining your heat." I had to come up with a technician and thankfully one came out because I had a warranty on my home. I ended up not needing AFC because when the guy came back out, he fixed the heat himself. Overall, I'm not happy at all.

I chose AFC because of their ratings on the internet. The first claim I submitted to them was for my garbage disposal for which they told me to go buy a new one and send them the receipt. When I did it, the reimbursement was only a set amount which didn't cover the replacement cost of the unit. So I ended up eating almost a third of it. And when I called, they said they could have bought me one for a little cheaper. Also, it took almost three months to get my $125 for the garbage disposal.

My next claim was for the garage door opener and the person that they sent out was a subcontractor of the company that AFC contacted so he was just a guy in a car, not even a pickup truck, who had a bunch of cartons with garage door openers in the back. And, he didn't even look at my unit. All he did was tell me that he can sell me a new one which will cost $1,000. Then he called AFC and told them that the door's too heavy for the unit and it's installed incorrectly that's why it was broken. So that voided the warranty and they told me they were only going to give me $100 or $125.

That forced me to do research and it turned out that the same exact unit that he was going to replace it with is the one that the previous owner replaced it with for $400, including labor. The guy that I found was the original company that put the original unit in. He came out with an upgraded unit from the one that was in there but it's the same style and he did it for $400. I still ended up paying $129 of it but it was better for me to pay that than have to worry about the thing. I have no qualms about AFC's service and I'm not dissatisfied because my claims got taken care of but it took way too much of my time. Plus they have a clause in the contract, which they pointed out to me, that says if an appliance is five years old, they get to name the price regardless of how much it cost. That's something that should be fixed or altered.

Factual basis uncertain

I am extremely disappointed in AFC. When I purchased the plan I was told that because I was buying at the end of air conditioning season I would not need a annual service report until the next season. Long story short my air stopped working the last air conditioning day of the year and it will not be covered because I did not get it serviced. Each and every technician laughed at the home warranty company and I cannot believe that I purchased something so worthless. I am in the process of cancelling the policy. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. They do not stand behind their product!

Factual basis uncertain

On the only claim that I've ever submitted through AFC, I went online. I wasn't sure how to do it so I called. It was the first time I had ever had to submit a claim. Everything in the claims process was straightforward. If I hadn't been so nervous, it would have been very easy. I was afraid to screw something up. The guy who came out to work on the garage door opener was so anxious to have me call the company that he was shoving his phone in my face. He had to call his supervisor and his supervisor had to call the company back to get approval on what needed to be done. When I finally got in touch with the company, they were pressuring his people to get him to make a decision. People were yelling at everybody to the point that people were yelling at me to make a decision. So, while everything was pretty simple, I'm not real impressed. In addition, the garage door opener is not working again.

Called in to open a new account with AFC. Spoke with Craig and he was extremely pleasant, helpful, and got us signed up quickly and hassle free. The price of the plan is very competitive and we are hopeful that our experience with AFC will be a good one.

I had a warranty through American Home Shield but I wasn’t very satisfied with them. Every time I would call in stuff, they’d figure out a way to not pay it so I just cancelled. I got tired of dealing with them so I started looking on the internet and found AFC Home Club. I liked that the price of AFC was fair and that they would allow me to get my own tech if I wanted as long as they were qualified. I did have some issues with my claim with them though. The tech that came out here replaced the gas valve of my water heater. It turned out to be the new one they put in was defective too.

They wouldn't pay for the next-day shipping fees so I had to pay it the first time. I thought the company would do me straight by shipping it overnight again, but it was like three to five days which was ridiculous. Also, the techs at the company don’t work on the weekends, which I thought was weird. But we were able to get around it and they took $60 from me. For the most part, they fixed the problems and issues that we had afterward. It took a little bit longer than it should have, but I understand that parts are hard to find sometimes. And I’m not blaming AFC and I’m pinning it on the company that the plumber got the part from.

I wanted to avoid big expenditures so I looked into getting a home warranty. But I wasn't happy with the ones that I used so I went with AFC Home Club. Submitting a claim with them is relatively easy and they have been pretty good. However I had a dryer that they couldn't fix even though they kept trying to repair it. They spent about $300 on it and I also paid $60 as copay. I never looked into it but they said there's a maximum amount they can do, thus they gave me $100 or $150 to buy a replacement. So now I just wish that they're on the East Coast time. Because they're on West Coast time which limits their access when it gets into the mid-late afternoon.

I was looking at the top rated home warranties and then compared value versus the deductible for each visit. America's First Club wasn't number one, but they provided the number one service and that's why I went with it. They were reasonably quick for what I expected. They did the repair and it was unusually exactly what was advertised, so I'm happy.

I had American Home Shield and I got very disgruntled with them. I searched for the top 10 best-rated home warranty companies and America's 1st Choice came up somewhere around the middle. I called the top two companies and I couldn't get through. I worked my way down to AFC and I got someone on the phone and was able to talk to them about what I needed. They offered me a much better rate than I was paying with American Home Shield and a lower co-pay for a similar plan.

They use good companies that did the work and I'm not having any problems with the quality of work performed. But sometimes there's a delay in getting the claim looked at. For instance, my management company for one of my rental properties called about the faucet leaking in the bathtub. And AFC said they didn't cover the faucet. I pulled out my paperwork and the faucet is covered. I discussed it with the warranty company and the property manager called them back. We hadn't heard from AFC for a couple of days and I've had not heard of the results about it.

When I called for the AC, they didn't tell me that I had to have maintenance done on the AC and the thermostat before they can make any repairs. That's a little unreasonable. It's written in the policy but that would have been nice to know because it's annual. They told me a lot about what was covered and so I didn't even think to read the policy because I thought they had covered everything. I'm still unhappy about that. It cost me money to fix that and I didn't like that at all. There's still some things that they could do better but I would still recommend America's 1st Choice.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Profile