Call toll free
4.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With four plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

BBBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers a wide range of coverage with multiple plans available. While some coverage caps are limited, their coverage variety and flexible service call fee make them stand out.

PROS

• Flexible service call fee
  • Comprehensive coverage available
  • Multiple plan options

CONS

• Some coverage caps are limited

Top America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

12/11/2018

The claims rep was knowledgeable, asked several questions and got someone out within a couple of days. The technicians were timely, good and I haven’t had any issues with them. AFC has been able to take care of any issues that we have brought up and they have been helpful about it.

02/11/2019

America's First Choice Home Club covered a bit more and their service call fee was less. They've just been super easy to work with. Their contractors usually come out on the same day or next. I highly recommend AFC. They've been professional, courteous and focused.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club plans

America’s 1st Choice Home Club provides four levels of home warranty coverage to existing homeowners as well home warranties for buyers and sellers (available only through real estate agents). They do not require a home inspection prior to buying a warranty, but existing conditions are not covered. Optional coverages are also available, and there are no limits on service requests. They offer plans in all states excluding Alabama, California, Hawaii and South Carolina.

• Systems: This is an affordable plan for home systems only. It provides essential coverage for five of the most important systems in a household.
  • Silver: The Silver plan is ideal for homeowners looking to protect appliances. It’s also an affordable option and includes nine major appliances as well as the water heater.
  • Gold: The Gold level plan includes all Systems and Silver coverage and additionally protects ductwork. It’s a good option if you’re looking for both systems and appliance coverage.
  • Platinum: The Platinum plan provides the most extensive coverage. It includes everything in the lower plan levels, as well as several additional protections, such as plumbing stoppages.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club cost

You can get a free, instant quote on America’s 1st Choice Home Club website after putting in your current ZIP code. On average, annual costs for America’s 1st Choice Home Club range from $350 to $625 depending on what service fee you choose. This allows homeowners to choose the best choice for their budget. A discount is available if a three-year contract is purchased.

PlanService Call FeeCost
Systems Plan$75$450
Silver Plan$75$450
Gold Plan$75$550
Platinum Plan$75$625
*Prices for zip code 77001. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage

The plans from America’s 1st Choice Home Club cover the following systems, appliances or a combination of both. You can also customize your plan with additional optional coverages, but the specific options and associated costs may vary by region. You can find coverage for the following items across their four plans. Optional add-on items are available for an additional cost.

Covered systems:

• Garage door opener
  • Ice maker
  • Kitchen refrigerator
  • Oven/range/cooktop

Optional coverage: America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers optional add-on coverage for pool/spa equipment, septic systems, stand-alone freezers and well pumps.

694 America's 1st Choice Home Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 13, 2019

It was a good experience every time I've had a claim with AFC. I just give them the customer's information and they take that down. They give me authorization whether I wanna do the repair. So, it's pretty straightforward every time.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We were using American Home Shield but we weren't satisfied with them. Once, we had our AC go out and it took them three months to get it done. To me, having a home warranty is very important because I don't want to do repairs myself and I don’t wanna pay for brand new water heaters, air condition units, or furnaces. We then started searching around for a new provider. The reviews came back with America's 1st Choice Home Club and we contacted them. That was a year ago and their customer service has been outstanding. I talked to Tyler initially and had a very good experience with him. I didn't have to do much. He called me back on a Saturday when I did the renewal and he told me about this program where you pay for two years and you get the third one for free. He was very helpful.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We've been with America's First Choice for two years now and it has been great. We normally submit claims over the phone and their customer service has been excellent. The technicians that they sent were also very professional and did great quality of work. They were honest, too. When a technician came out for repair the second time and said that our stuff was not worth fixing, AFC sent me a check and I was totally happy with what they sent me.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We bought a house that was built in 2006 and we shopped around for a home warranty for it. My wife found a place on the internet where they did the top three home warranty companies and we went with the one that had the top reviews, which was America's First Choice Home Club. The salesperson I talked to was very, very professional and he did a really good job. He really knew his business and answered a lot of my questions. I called him the other day and talked to him about our icemaker as they were saying that some of the little stuff are not covered by our home warranty program. He again answered my questions and I found out that ours is covered.

Original review: April 9, 2019

America's First Choice Home Club's online process is easy and I interacted well with their reps. Also, the experience with the technician whom they've sent out was fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: April 8, 2019

Love these people! They always take care of me, especially at the beginning of a new year so I don't forget to renew! Anytime I have had a problem with my appliance they have taken care of me!!

Patsy,

Original review: April 8, 2019

As a professional realtor in the Sacramento valley, I have been referring AFC home Warranty to my clients for the past several years. I have worked with many other competitors in the past, however AFC has been proven reliable and professional. I always refer this company because of the excellent feedback I receive from my past clients. Quality and great customer service is the best in the market!

Mr. Delgado,

Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure working with you and we look forward to helping more in the future!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Chris the service tech called ahead to state he could be there earlier. Was very professional and explained everything in detail and helped with forwarding information to my warranty company on the spot to address the warranty repair on the motor. Which was very helpful so I wouldn’t have to worry about anything. I will definitely use them again.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

We are happy to hear that your garage door service went well!

Service Center

Original review: April 8, 2019

I went with America’s First Choice Home Club due to their good pricing and I've been with them for one year now. I filed a claim recently for some plumbing leakage and it took three days for the reps at AFC to send someone out. Filing a claim with AFC Home Club was easy. The only thing I would recommend is the options to put a claim on the website also. That would've been a lot better.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I was looking for a home warranty service and I went online. I applied for an inquiry and Tyler called me back. He was very professional. He explained the program to me and he sent me a brochure. I asked him to contact me in a few weeks after I had a chance to read over everything and do some more research and he did. I decided that America's 1st Choice Home Club is the best to go with and I signed up for it. The house that I’m using it for is one that I’m selling. Tyler was very good and he sent me a new transfer document contract for the new buyers to fill out, which they have and I’ve sent that back to him. So, as soon as I close, the new owners will have access to the homeowner’s warranty for an entire year. I would recommend America's 1st Choice Home Club.

Original review: April 6, 2019

We've only had one claim with AFC so far and it was fine. We submitted it over the phone and their contractors took a day to come out. They were friendly and explained everything to me. I always stand and watch everything, and they were very nice. They did a good job and we were very pleased.

Original review: April 5, 2019

When I got the warranty service of America's First Choice Home Club, I switched over from another company that I was using before. Somebody had called me about home warranty, then that sparked me to do some searching online. I tried to find a better deal and found AFC online. The enrollment process with them was easy and quick. So far, my experience with them has been good. Then I went out of town on a weekend and when I came back I noticed that I had a little bit of a leak on my water heater. When I called AFC, they told me that since my policy was brand new and it was not even a week old, I had to wait for 30 days and I would be responsible for repairing the water heater. So, I went ahead and paid for somebody to come out and fix it, and I have the invoice showing everything I paid. So, I need to contact AFC and send that information to them.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Feel free to send that to info@afchomeclub.com and we will attach it to your account. We are glad to hear that you are a satisfied member! We look forward to helping in years to come.

AFC Home Club

Original review: April 4, 2019

I was with Choice Home Warranty when I found AFC Home Club while surfing around. When Choice's contractor was going to replace the inside of my dishwasher because the thermostat went up the wall and was on fire, they wouldn't replace the inside of the rack that was all melted. I got rid of Choice, came to AFC and it worked out although they are a little higher in terms of payment. I would recommend AFC to a friend.

AFC Home Club

Original review: April 3, 2019

A plumbing valve needed replacement and I filed a claim with AFC online. The tech came in, pointed out the problem and took care of it. It was very quick. Everything is well in-line with AFC. We purchased a new home, so I don’t have it anymore but as soon as I am ready for it, I will go back to them. I would also recommend them.

Original review: April 2, 2019

When we were purchasing a home, I searched online for warranties and America's 1st Choice Home Club came on the top results. I sent off to get a quote and got a phone call from them. I talked to them and liked the value that they provided. I also liked that it's family-owned and the fact that I would have my own personal person working on my account. It wasn’t gonna be outsourced to a third-party company, and the value for what they covered was in our budget. Also, I can choose my own contractors.

I signed up with them and the process was easy. I talked to the gentleman on the phone about our different options and he made a custom plan for us because we didn’t have certain things that were covered in the main plan. He left some of those things out but then added in other things that we did have. But I needed time to talk about it with my husband and the rep was great about it. There was totally no pressure. Then he called me back and sent me an email to follow up. We got back on the phone and ended up doing the payment plan. It was seamless. I would recommend America's 1st Choice Home Club.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 1, 2019

Was not much help. Your representative spoke to the service guy. He explained the problem. There was a leak in the Freon pipe. Could not find where it was. That meant having to keep having it filled so we ended up paying for the service call and a new unit because all you offered was $400.00 since I have never had a claim before.

Mrs. Howell,

I apologize that you were not pleased with the goodwill offered. Per the technician, the Heat Exchanger was cracked. This can leak dangerous Carbon Monoxide into the home. Due to this, it is industry standard that Home Warranties do not cover cracked heat exchangers since your unit was packaged and had also a freon leak the tech suggested to get a new unit. That cracked heat exchanger affected the coverage we could offer but we still offered a $400.00 goodwill due to the time you have been with us. Per guidelines, no other company offers goodwills on a unit with a non-covered failure but we do understand that it was a frustrating circumstance. We hope to still assist with your residence in the future. I would also be happy to waive your next $60.00 service fee with us, thank you for your time.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My son and his wife had America's 1st Choice and they were pleased with it so we decided to go with them as well. My husband is handicapped so he is not able to do stuff anymore and it was also another reason that we went with a home warranty. When we called to find out about America's 1st Choice, the gentleman that we talked to was very thorough and pleasant. He explained everything with us. The paperwork sent to us was exactly what they said they were gonna include.

We called them a couple of times and have had absolutely no problem with them. They have been great and they have contacted whoever needs to be contacted. If they couldn't find somebody and we knew of somebody licensed, we would tell them who we would like to have. They would contact them and send them the paperwork. Then, they sent technicians with excellent customer service. So far, we just had two minor things. We only needed a new wax ring under our stool as they were starting to leak a bit. There was also a handiwork that needed to be done around here and within a couple of days, it was all taken care of.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I was with another club and it seemed like every time I renewed, they kept raising the price. America's First Choice Home Club's price staying the same interested me. The first time I filed a claim, I did it online but I wasn't sure if it went through, so I called. It took two days for the contractor to come out. The contractor who came out was excellent and was able to fix my issue. They were very cordial, friendly and went above and beyond what was required.

Mr. Craze,

We are very pleased that you were happy with your Dryer request, thank you for the review!

Regards,

AFC Home Club

Original review: March 30, 2019

I had a warranty company before that I didn't like and I didn't plan to renew, so I went online and found the names of five or six companies, and I started investigating them. I had contact with a rep from America's First Choice Home Club and he listened to me. I talked about what was bothering me with my other company and what I did not need in a warranty company. Then, he explained how the AFC Club worked and I felt like if there was a problem, I had someone, at least, I could talk to. whereas with the former warranty company, I couldn't even get a supervisor to call me back.

I had a dishwasher go out the last time and from the time I called, AFC Club referred me to a company, but the referral got lost in the company's spam mail somehow and it took over a week to get that sorted out. The former company said they wanted to wait a week, so their tech who would be in town doing other work in the same community I'm in could come. However, the problem was he got sick and they canceled out on me twice. Eventually, I said that I wasn't going with them and that I was gonna get somebody on my own. So I looked for a local company in my town and got them involved.

It was about five to six weeks from start to finish, from the first initial referral all the way to when I got it fixed. When I renewed my contract with the guy at AFC, the rep said that they had changed some policies around, so I could get a referral the same day. I am hoping the next time I put in a referral, I am not gonna have to wait 48 hours even to get the name of somebody that I can try to arrange to have come out.

Years ago, I had a home warranty program with my manufactured home and I usually could get service personnel in one day. I could get a contractor out the same day I called and I didn't have to wait until something was breaking. I could get somebody to come out and they would do a check-up on the system for me. I live in one town and I work out of town, and my commute is two hours a day. If I there was anything that AFC could change, I would wish that they would consider allowing me to be able to call them and say, "Hey, can I have somebody come out from your list and have them inspect this once a year to make sure?" I have to now provide proof that I've had everything inspected, the big systems inspected according to the contract. I used to be able to just go ahead with my warranty and have those inspections done as a part of the warranty, and I wish it was still available.

I would absolutely have every system checked once a year, then, that would avoid things going because it is hard when you have to pay double. You are paying for a service call, then if they come out and they don't find anything, that is fine. Five months later, you have a problem, then you have to pay for a service call for them to come out and find out what the problem is, and that is expensive. Other than that, I am fine and I am waiting to see what happens with the next round to see how fast I can get a referral on the books and how fast I can get somebody out.

The warranty companies and the homeowners can band together to support a system where, instead of being active when something is broken, we can be proactive before things get broken. If the company was really wanting to up their game, that would be something to really seriously consider. I've looked online and it was amazing to me how many people were frustrated because they had to wait weeks to get services done and/or customer service looked like nobody wanted to talk to them. They couldn't even get the help they needed.

At least, when I called AFC's representative, I didn't get stonewalled and I didn't get told that they couldn't help me. I didn't get a refusal to give me to a supervisor, so I could at least leave a message. They, at one point, transferred it, so I could leave a message with the man with whom I renewed the contract with. On one hand, the last company was horrible. They were absolutely non-responsive. I called on a holiday weekend and they keep banker hours, Monday through Friday. I said, "Well, can you transfer me to a supervisor, so I can at least leave a message and have a callback?" They said, "No, we don't have anybody you could talk to." On the other hand, I've had very courteous service from the staff people when I've called AFC.

Melissa,

We are so glad to hear that you were happy with our reps. Dave is your account rep and we also have a huge Service Staff here for you!

Regards,

Original review: March 29, 2019

Dish Washer started having a problem with heating, called AFC. They sent out an appliance repairman. He diagnosed the problem, called AFC for authorization and ordered part. Came back a few days later and repaired dishwasher working fine now.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Scammers. I paid for all my services due to fact I was out of town and had tenants in my property and had AC fixed since we couldn’t wait in summer for service request. They approved it prior to buying the units and they received all emails and receipts just to tell me, "Tough luck we didn’t receive them," and Karen gave me her wrong email and now she is telling me they are not going to pay me back!

I’ve been with them for a long time and this is how they treat customers. They are rip off. I requested reply emails from her and she hasn’t sent it and also they are now finally after a year requesting upper management to contact me and if they don't I will have my attorney call them and sue them for misleading and false advertising and unethical business practices!!!! DO NOT SIGN WITH THEM!!!! I made a mistake. Switch from American Home Shield!!!! THEY ARE LIARS!!!! Beware! I will spend all my money and time to make sure they don’t do this to others!!!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

My daughter-in-law and my son have another company and referred that to me, but I didn't like the prices. I went online and found America's First Choice Home Club, which has better prices. The deductible is a little higher, but I got a pretty good deal on the yearly fee. It worked out pretty well for us. When something went wrong with my heat pump back in January, I was so focused on trying to get heat in the house I didn’t even think about calling America's First Choice Home Club until after the fact but they processed the claim. It took them a little while to process everything but I got the check last week.

Mr. Scott,

Thank you for your review!

Original review: March 28, 2019

It's nightmare. When you have a problem, called in since 10 days ago, they had the plumber came out next day, never get back to me with the estimate. They called me on 3/26, 3/27 & the manager: Jasen, Karen ** said they still wait for the estimate from plumber. This morning Karen called me which said the plumber gave the estimate over $2000 but they only pay $150, when I ask for the estimate in writing, she said she doesn't have it. So beware when you buy any package from AFC. I'm asking for the full refund back and will bring this matter to the BBB.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We had two problems last year and both went without a hitch. The only problem is most likely caused by a lack of technicians in our area and how busy the few are. I was disappointed with the technician we had as he was only going to charge $65 for the diagnoses and when the AFC told him they pay up to $75 he raised the price $10 which a bit tacky!

Original review: March 28, 2019

America's First Choice Home Club contacted me through email. They gave some information and I liked what they're offering. They're giving me a better price than what I already had so I went along with them. Now, I’m not sure if I’m already covered because they took the payments, but I haven’t received anything in the mail, like my account number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2019

I thought signing up with America's First Choice Home Club would be beneficial to me, but it was not. In November, my boiler broke down. They sent someone out that deemed the boiler could not be fixed. He said that it was not due to any error or anything due to me. First, they told me I still have a warranty on my boiler. Then the warranty wasn't valid. Then they said it was due to water pressure that was why it broke down. They never sent anyone out from the very beginning when I first got the warranty to check or do anything. Then now they're refusing that the boiler is broken. They also said there was nothing they could do to help me and it was due to my error.

After the report was put in, it had nothing to do with me. So the people that they sent, went again. We fought for weeks over that. They refused to fix the boiler. Even so, some of the reps were nice. However, some are rude. Then they would tell me they'll have someone call me back. This went on for weeks so I just have to wind up paying to get a new boiler. They also have the nerve to call me back at the beginning of this month to renew my contract. They are just gonna take my money and tell me there is nothing they could do for me. Also, they never once said that if I have a warranty, they can't touch my property.

Ms. Nicholls,

The external casing is a non-covered item, the manufacturer doesn't warranty it and neither can secondary warranties. It corrodes over time. We cover all mechanical items in the unit. We apologize for the confusion.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I picked AFC because of out of all of the other home warranty plans it seemed like AFC had the best. I picked the platinum home warranty because it covered all of the essential items that may need repair at a reasonable price.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I've had America's First Choice Home Club for less than a year. While my experience submitting a claim was fine, I had one not so good experience with a customer service rep. I have two properties. When I added the second property, I knew I had to wait 30 days before using it. The AC unit and something that has to go through the heating system had never been checked out. I called to get it checked out and the customer service rep was quite rude. First, she said that I couldn't use it at all because it was a maintenance issue. I told her that's what America's First Choice is for. So, she went through all the taking the claim and then she asked what day I started having problems with the system. I told her that we don't have a problem with the system, that we just purchased a home. The house is like 50 years old and we wanted to have it checked out. I went through the whole process of doing all that.

The original issue with it is that she said she would have to put a date there and I told her that she could choose a date. I don't have any problem with it. So she put a date in and then she came back and said that I was five days shy of the policy being in effect. And that's what I said to her when I first started the conversation. I told her that I had an add-on property and that I know it's not in effect but I wanna go ahead and set an appointment for the day after the policy is in effect. She said that they can't honor my claim because I'm under the 30-day and that was a mess. I complained to the manager about her unprofessionalism and he just told me to deal him directly.

While America's First Choice didn't send anybody, I had found someone on my own. And since this add-on property was a rental property, we purchase electric heaters for the tenant so she's been using those until we can get somebody out to actually service the unit. Another problem we're having is that electricians say they do not want to deal with a third-party. And so I have to pay out-of-pocket first and then get it reimbursed by America's First Choice.

Ms. Adams,

We apologize that your interaction wasn't pleasant. Home Warranties are used for failures, not regular home maintenance. She should have explained that to you in a friendly manner and we will be reviewing this with the representative for training purposes. Thank you for letting us know. It is important to have regular home maintenance every year but if the system goes out after this was performed this is where we step in.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I’ve had such a great experience with AFC. Rachel was fantastic in customer service and Randy was very helpful to upgrade my policy. Each time I’ve needed help I’m given quick attention which gives me peace of mind that I chose AFC! Thank you for all you do!!! Sincerely, Beth.

Beth,

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate it. We enjoy servicing your home and its needs and look forward to protecting you for years to come!

Sincerely,

Original review: March 25, 2019

I haven't gotten a chance to actually use my warranty yet, but setting it up was a breeze. My sales rep Tyler ** was courteous, his customer service was excellent, is very knowledgeable in this company. I am also pleased with the affordable annual cost.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage exclusions

As is standard for most home warranties, America’s 1st Choice Home Club will not cover known or unknown pre-existing conditions. Your contract also won’t cover damage due to rust, corrosion or failure due to improper use.

There will also be per-item exclusions listed in your contract. These will consist of parts or components of otherwise covered items. Your home warranty should cover all parts and components that are essential to the core function of the system or appliance but may exclude non-essential items.

For example, on their Platinum plan, America’s 1st Choice Home Club covers built-in microwaves but doesn’t cover parts like doors, glass, lights, trays, clocks or shelves. You can find a full list of exclusions via AFC Home Club's sample contract.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage limits

If not otherwise specified in your contract, America’s 1st Choice Home Club sets a $1,500 per item coverage limit per contract term for access, diagnosis, repair and replacement. Certain items have other limits specified, ranging from $125 to $2,000 depending on the specific appliance or system that is in need of repair.

ItemCoverage limit
Interior plumbing$500
Faucets$150
Ductwork$250

America’s 1st Choice Home Club FAQ

Is a home inspection required by America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
No, a home inspection is not required to get a standard home warranty plan from America’s 1st Choice Home Club. If you wish to add optional coverage after your 30-day waiting period, an inspection may be required at your own expense.
Is there a cancellation fee for America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
If you cancel within 30 days there is no cancellation fee. For cancellation after 30 days, a $75 cancellation fee will apply.
Does America’s 1st Choice Home Club limit service requests?
There is no limit to the number of times you can request or have serviced within your contract term. There may be a limit to the dollar amount America’s 1st Choice Home Club will pay to repair a specific item per contract term.
How do I request a service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club?

You can submit claims online or over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club:

1. Open a new service request online or by calling America’s 1st Choice Home Club.
  2. A licensed technician will be assigned to the case within 24–48 hours.
  3. Contact your assigned technician to schedule your service for a convenient time.
  4. Pay your service call fee, and the repairs will be completed.

Is America’s 1st Choice Home Club worth it?

Offering several plans and fee options, along with 24/7 service, America’s 1st Choice Home Club is a reliable choice for home warranties. Though new policyholders can’t report a claim during the first 30 days, the company’s level of service, simple process and availability in most states make it a top contender in home protection. The option to choose between three different service fee costs is a nice perk, allowing people to choose what meets their budget best.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information