America's 1st Choice Home Club Get a Free Quote Visit Website

America's 1st Choice Home Club
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5
Visit Website

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With four plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers a wide range of coverage with multiple plans available. While some coverage caps are limited, their coverage variety and flexible service call fee make them stand out.

PROS

• Flexible service call fee
  • Choose your own service technician
  • Longest labor guarantee

CONS

• Not available in four states

Top America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

The claims rep was knowledgeable, asked several questions and got someone out within a couple of days. The technicians were timely, good and I haven’t had any issues with them. AFC has been able to take care of any issues that we have brought up and they have been helpful about it.

America's First Choice Home Club covered a bit more and their service call fee was less. They've just been super easy to work with. Their contractors usually come out on the same day or next. I highly recommend AFC. They've been professional, courteous and focused.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Get a Free Quote Visit Website

America’s 1st Choice Home Club plans

America’s 1st Choice Home Club provides four levels of home warranty coverage to existing homeowners as well home warranties for buyers and sellers (available only through real estate agents). They do not require a home inspection prior to buying a warranty, but existing conditions are not covered. Optional coverages are also available, and there are no limits on service requests. They offer plans in all states excluding California, Hawaii, Nevada and South Carolina.

• Systems: This is an affordable plan for home systems only. It provides essential coverage for five of the most important systems in a household.
  • Silver: The Silver plan is ideal for homeowners looking to protect appliances. It’s also an affordable option and includes nine major appliances as well as the water heater.
  • Gold: The Gold level plan includes all Systems and Silver coverage and additionally protects ductwork. It’s a good option if you’re looking for both systems and appliance coverage.
  • Platinum: The Platinum plan provides the most extensive coverage. It includes everything in the lower plan levels, as well as several additional protections, such as plumbing stoppages.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club cost

You can get a free, instant quote on America’s 1st Choice Home Club website after putting in your current ZIP code. On average, annual costs for America’s 1st Choice Home Club range from $350 to $625 depending on what service fee you choose. This allows homeowners to choose the best choice for their budget. A discount is available if a three-year contract is purchased.

PlanService Call FeeCost
Systems Plan$75$450
Silver Plan$75$450
Gold Plan$75$550
Platinum Plan$75$625
*Prices for zip code 77001. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage

The plans from America’s 1st Choice Home Club cover the following systems, appliances or a combination of both. You can also customize your plan with additional optional coverages, but the specific options and associated costs may vary by region. You can find coverage for the following items across their four plans. Optional add-on items are available for an additional cost.

Covered systems:

• Garage door opener
  • Ice maker
  • Kitchen refrigerator
  • Oven/range/cooktop

Optional coverage: America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers optional add-on coverage for pool/spa equipment, septic systems, stand-alone freezers and well pumps.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

While America's First Choice's contractors have been fine, with claims, some things they cover and other they don't or I've had to pay part of. I have never heard of that before and it was very weird. We had some pool stuff that because of the age of the stuff, AFC depreciated it saying that the thing was only supposed to last 10 years and it's at nine years so they were gonna replace it. But then, we would have to pay the $75 fee. We decided that we would go ahead with that and cover half the cost while AFC covers the other half. So, I had to come up with and additional $140 and they came up with the other half.

A week later, we had a water leak out back on an anti-siphon spigot connected to our pool. I paid $75 to have somebody come out to tell me that the issue wasn't covered. They said that because the leak was outside the house and it was part of the pool, it wasn't covered. I wish the contractor would have determined that my problem wasn't covered before I spent the $75. I spent $75 but then it was $350 to fix my issue. So, we ended up calling somebody else who came out for $250 and did the job. We had somebody else who was a bit cheaper do the job because it was coming out of our pocket anyway.

If my air conditioner goes out, AFC will look at the year of it and only cover so much. That totally scares me and I'm very nervous about some of the big ticket items in my house. My other company would say that they would fix or replace those items. They're not in between where I'm gonna have to pay 50% or they would only cover part of it and they would have to come up with the rest.

Still, AFC went out of their way and covered something that wasn't supposed to be covered another time. Our garage door was making a lot of noise and AFC sent somebody out and the problem was just the wheels. AFC said the wheels aren't covered but then they covered it for which I was very appreciative. AFC has also been responsive. Additionally, with them, if I know somebody or I wanna get my own my contractor, they give me that option.

Anna,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

New customer - purchased 6 year Gold Plan. The two representatives were VERY courteous and were not pushy...that's very important to me. Their names were Kevin and I believe Daniel? They are from Georgia office. Both men were AWESOME!

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Julie thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

The first plumber that AFC sent out didn’t know what he was doing. He made a hole where it was not even leaking, and so, he made a issue that didn’t have to be. I should had to have the one hole. I called back because I was so upset. I had to pay him. I asked, "Why am I paying him, because he did nothing?" He created problems for me. AFC checked on me, and said, “Ma'am how are you? What’s going on?” And then when I paid the plumber that didn’t do anything, he just messed it up, they said, “Ma'am we will take care of the other deal, so don’t even worry about it.” I thought that was great than having to pay 100 something because it’s $60 when they come. And they said, “Ma'am don’t worry.” They’ve been there for me.

The second plumber that was sent was awesome. He came in and took care of it. He said so much was done that was unnecessary. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he shook his head about the first wall. He said, “Man, he just brought it down. Okay, let’s take care of this.” He came right here and did the work. But he said, “I’m so sorry ma'am. I have to make another hole in the wall where it should be made in the first place, and that was in your room.” That particular bathroom is against where the problem was. He did an awesome job. He said, before they close it up, to make sure there was no water. But from what I could see, there's no water.

But I still have these holes. AFC told me I have to find somebody that was certified. I’m still trying to look, and they told me they would pay up to 250. They would help me to get it fixed back. I’m very picky about the way I live. I like everything in place. The holiday season is coming up really fast and I’m going to have lots of guests, and I don’t want them to see that. I’m trying to find someone before the holiday comes, because I can’t tell them, “You can’t come.” They will fly in and drive in, and will come from all different ways. I hope I get someone soon.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've had home warranties for eight years and America's First Choice Home Club is favorable in some other things. Sometimes, their response rate is much better than other companies, but the exclusions they have is a lot more than the other companies. When submitting a claim, they have an answering service in the morning which is basically a waste of time. They should simply shut it off and say go online and do it because they ask so many questions without knowing anything. Then they tell us that it's only answering services and cannot create any ticket which will happen only later. So, you'd either accept the call or don't respond. Even if they do it, they should simply tell that they're just gonna collect a lot of information but have to pass it on to other people.

America's First Choice is very clear about what they cover and don't cover, but of course, the sales guys were telling they covered everything. They won't give false information, but they don't give complete information. And then, there's a large document in which a lot of things are not covered, but that's okay. That's part of their insurance business. The technician that answered the service call was fairly okay.

I had a couple of issues and sometimes the technicians or the company or their work, have not been a tickle, and I did not find America's First Choice covering my back. I had to go through a credit card company and America's First Choice covered all the money back, but they disowned me and said that I'm affiliated with the company directly and my information and they put it back on me, but I still won the case because the technician was lying.

They also don't tell us upfront that they won't cover any of the equipment which are more than eight years old. I had to figure that out on our own over time because I raised five tickets. And every time they come back and say, "This is more than eight years. All I can do is give you $50, a $100 or $200." I was very disappointed on that part. If I knew that, I would not have signed up with them. But without that issue, they've been fairly good and quite flexible. I'm adding one more property there with them because I really love them.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response
    We are so humbled to be able to cover your accounts and authorize almost $2100.00 in service requests to date.

Currently, our hours of operation are 9 am EST to 9 pm EST. If you do call prior to those times the answering service will take the information and allow us to go ahead and assign a technician. If we have added questions we may have to reach out but you are the first priority as it is first come first serve and priority does lay with emergency cases.

You can submit online at anytime if you wish at www.afchomeclub.com. We have found through annual data analysis that we are able to get technicians quicker to the home with the initial answering service after hours. We apologize this did not suit your needs and we will make an effort to bring this feedback to management and training, thank you!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I had another company before and the person they sent drag their stuff across my floors and it was just useless. We also felt like we were kind of trapped to use whoever their vendors were, and we want to be able to decide who we want to use as repair people. Having that option is very important to us. So we left them and started looking for somebody else and found America's 1st Choice.

The only thing that was a little strange was we dealt with a hot water unit issue just recently. I was out of state when the hot water heater went bad. My boyfriend was at the house, taking care of my pets. He’s in the construction industry and he had one of his plumbers come. Sometimes with units you don’t have a lot of time to wait for a plumber to come out and diagnose and do all of those things. I just called America's 1st after I got back. It was frustrating because between hiring the plumber and the product itself in Home Depot, we only got like a $150 out of it.

I was a little frustrated with some of the people on the phone. They kept asking, “Is it old unit?” I said, “I don’t know if it’s an old unit.” And then in the meantime, he had taken it. He’s got a huge truck and the unit was taken to one of his job sites to dispose of it. They were kind of going back and forth about, “Well, how old is the unit?” and “Let me get those numbers.” At the end of the day, we still ended up with 150 bucks. And that was a little tedious. But I’m still thankful that we did get something back. It just took awhile for the rebate.

We got an awful lot of phone calls from people saying, “Hey, we wanna close this up and we were just trying to get the information of the unit, and we’re trying to find the serial numbers and try to verify the age of the unit.” So, that was a little frustrating. But it is what it is and sometimes there are certain things you can wait on, there are certain things you can’t.

And then the other opportunity we had with them was we had the guts in the toilet go out multiple times, and we went out and replaced everything with our own money. We went a month and a half where we didn’t have a flushing toilet. And I finally called them and I put in a claim and the guys came out. They were fine. They just looked at it and said we need a new toilet. We can’t fix it because the California’s laws have changed with the flow of the toilet,” which was kind of I thought would happen.

We have three bathrooms and we replaced one toilet in my son’s room, and when they came, they noticed that the two toilets weren’t definitely in code any longer. So, they were awesome and they wrote it up, and sent us a check for $600. It was good that we didn’t get jammed up on a bunch of no-code toilets. I just renewed with America's First and I’d recommend them. It’s also really good that they give people the opportunity to renew for a longer period of time, so you’re not worrying about renewing every year. I’m paying $50-some a month for the renewal right now, which is nice that I don’t have to put down hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Natalie,

Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate your opinion and will use this to make our processes easier.

AFC Home Club

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: April 2, 2020

Mr. Connor **, was very knowledgeable and patient with me. He took his time in breaking down your service plans for me with no problem. This is the 1st time I can say someone who was truly passionate and concern that I make the best choice in a service plan. Thank you very much Mr. **, and I will surely spread the word about your expertise in your family business. I look forward to dealing with you personally when it comes to my home needs. Humbly blessed!!! P.S.

You said my name right from the 1st time speaking it. That truly let me know you wanted my business.???

Thanks,

Keyoka **

Original review: April 2, 2020

Patrick made shopping for a good policy covering what we needed very easy. He was knowledgeable of the services both his company and his competitors supplied. He was able to give me the best rate in order to cover and meet my family’s needs. Looking forward to working with him over the next couple of years.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Everett was very competent in his work. A real professional. It looks like you have a great product. I will look forward to seeing how easy it is when ever I have a problem. The proof is always in the pudding.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I received timely and professional service. AFC even provided advice about the importance of certain maintenances. As a first time homeowners I appreciate the wisdom and encouragement. I am very pleased with the service provided.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I needed a home warranty for a 2 family rental property. Conner was professional, listened to my concerns and comments. He explained the functions of their plans they offered and made suggestions for the best fit for my property. I expressed concerns over cost, due to being retired and on a fixed income. He was able to spread out my payments with a one-time down payment and nominal monthly payments and savings with a 3 year plan. All of my questions were answered. I feel very confident with the plan I purchased for my rental property.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage exclusions

As is standard for most home warranties, America’s 1st Choice Home Club will not cover known or unknown pre-existing conditions. Your contract also won’t cover damage due to rust, corrosion or failure due to improper use.

There will also be per-item exclusions listed in your contract. These will consist of parts or components of otherwise covered items. Your home warranty should cover all parts and components that are essential to the core function of the system or appliance but may exclude non-essential items.

For example, on their Platinum plan, America’s 1st Choice Home Club covers built-in microwaves but doesn’t cover parts like doors, glass, lights, trays, clocks or shelves. You can find a full list of exclusions via AFC Home Club's sample contract.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage limits

If not otherwise specified in your contract, America’s 1st Choice Home Club sets a $2,000 per item coverage limit per contract term for access, diagnosis, repair and replacement of appliances. Certain items have other limits specified, ranging from $125 to $2,000 depending on the specific appliance or system that is in need of repair. HVAC systems have no coverage cap.

ItemCoverage limit
    Interior plumbing$500
    Faucets$150
    Ductwork$250

America’s 1st Choice Home Club FAQ

Is a home inspection required by America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    No, a home inspection is not required to get a standard home warranty plan from America’s 1st Choice Home Club. If you wish to add optional coverage after your 30-day waiting period, an inspection may be required at your own expense.
    Is there a cancellation fee for America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    If you cancel within 30 days there is no cancellation fee. For cancellation after 30 days, a $75 cancellation fee will apply.
    Does America’s 1st Choice Home Club limit service requests?
    There is no limit to the number of times you can request or have serviced within your contract term. There may be a limit to the dollar amount America’s 1st Choice Home Club will pay to repair a specific item per contract term.
    How do I request a service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club?

You can submit claims online or over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club:

1. Open a new service request online or by calling America’s 1st Choice Home Club.
    2. A licensed technician will be assigned to the case within 24–48 hours.
    3. Contact your assigned technician to schedule your service for a convenient time.
    4. Pay your service call fee, and the repairs will be completed.

Is America’s 1st Choice Home Club worth it?

Offering several plans and fee options, along with 24/7 service, America’s 1st Choice Home Club is a reliable choice for home warranties. Though new policyholders can’t report a claim during the first 30 days, the company’s level of service, simple process and availability in most states make it a top contender in home protection. The option to choose between three different service fee costs is a nice perk, allowing people to choose what meets their budget best.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information