America's 1st Choice Home Club Get a Free Quote Visit Website

America's 1st Choice Home Club
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5
Visit Website

America's 1st Choice Home Club provides cost-effective, extended home protection plans to homeowners looking to protect themselves against the unforeseen expenses of home upkeep and repair. With four plans to fit your budget and needs, and a 24/7 claims center, AFC Home Club has you covered.

BBBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers a wide range of coverage with multiple plans available. While some coverage caps are limited, their coverage variety and flexible service call fee make them stand out.

PROS

• Flexible service call fee
  • Choose your own service technician
  • Longest labor guarantee

CONS

• Not available in three states

Top America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

The claims rep was knowledgeable, asked several questions and got someone out within a couple of days. The technicians were timely, good and I haven’t had any issues with them. AFC has been able to take care of any issues that we have brought up and they have been helpful about it.

America's First Choice Home Club covered a bit more and their service call fee was less. They've just been super easy to work with. Their contractors usually come out on the same day or next. I highly recommend AFC. They've been professional, courteous and focused.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Get a Free Quote Visit Website

America’s 1st Choice Home Club plans

America’s 1st Choice Home Club provides four levels of home warranty coverage to existing homeowners as well home warranties for buyers and sellers (available only through real estate agents). They do not require a home inspection prior to buying a warranty, but existing conditions are not covered. Optional coverages are also available, and there are no limits on service requests. They offer plans in all states excluding Alabama, California, Hawaii and South Carolina.

• Systems: This is an affordable plan for home systems only. It provides essential coverage for five of the most important systems in a household.
  • Silver: The Silver plan is ideal for homeowners looking to protect appliances. It’s also an affordable option and includes nine major appliances as well as the water heater.
  • Gold: The Gold level plan includes all Systems and Silver coverage and additionally protects ductwork. It’s a good option if you’re looking for both systems and appliance coverage.
  • Platinum: The Platinum plan provides the most extensive coverage. It includes everything in the lower plan levels, as well as several additional protections, such as plumbing stoppages.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club cost

You can get a free, instant quote on America’s 1st Choice Home Club website after putting in your current ZIP code. On average, annual costs for America’s 1st Choice Home Club range from $350 to $625 depending on what service fee you choose. This allows homeowners to choose the best choice for their budget. A discount is available if a three-year contract is purchased.

PlanService Call FeeCost
Systems Plan$75$450
Silver Plan$75$450
Gold Plan$75$550
Platinum Plan$75$625
*Prices for zip code 77001. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing in your location.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage

The plans from America’s 1st Choice Home Club cover the following systems, appliances or a combination of both. You can also customize your plan with additional optional coverages, but the specific options and associated costs may vary by region. You can find coverage for the following items across their four plans. Optional add-on items are available for an additional cost.

Covered systems:

• Garage door opener
  • Ice maker
  • Kitchen refrigerator
  • Oven/range/cooktop

Optional coverage: America’s 1st Choice Home Club offers optional add-on coverage for pool/spa equipment, septic systems, stand-alone freezers and well pumps.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

New customer - purchased 6 year Gold Plan. The two representatives were VERY courteous and were not pushy...that's very important to me. Their names were Kevin and I believe Daniel? They are from Georgia office. Both men were AWESOME!

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Julie thank you for your feedback!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've had home warranties for eight years and America's First Choice Home Club is favorable in some other things. Sometimes, their response rate is much better than other companies, but the exclusions they have is a lot more than the other companies. When submitting a claim, they have an answering service in the morning which is basically a waste of time. They should simply shut it off and say go online and do it because they ask so many questions without knowing anything. Then they tell us that it's only answering services and cannot create any ticket which will happen only later. So, you'd either accept the call or don't respond. Even if they do it, they should simply tell that they're just gonna collect a lot of information but have to pass it on to other people.

America's First Choice is very clear about what they cover and don't cover, but of course, the sales guys were telling they covered everything. They won't give false information, but they don't give complete information. And then, there's a large document in which a lot of things are not covered, but that's okay. That's part of their insurance business. The technician that answered the service call was fairly okay.

I had a couple of issues and sometimes the technicians or the company or their work, have not been a tickle, and I did not find America's First Choice covering my back. I had to go through a credit card company and America's First Choice covered all the money back, but they disowned me and said that I'm affiliated with the company directly and my information and they put it back on me, but I still won the case because the technician was lying.

They also don't tell us upfront that they won't cover any of the equipment which are more than eight years old. I had to figure that out on our own over time because I raised five tickets. And every time they come back and say, "This is more than eight years. All I can do is give you $50, a $100 or $200." I was very disappointed on that part. If I knew that, I would not have signed up with them. But without that issue, they've been fairly good and quite flexible. I'm adding one more property there with them because I really love them.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response
    We are so humbled to be able to cover your accounts and authorize almost $2100.00 in service requests to date.

Currently, our hours of operation are 9 am EST to 9 pm EST. If you do call prior to those times the answering service will take the information and allow us to go ahead and assign a technician. If we have added questions we may have to reach out but you are the first priority as it is first come first serve and priority does lay with emergency cases.

You can submit online at anytime if you wish at www.afchomeclub.com. We have found through annual data analysis that we are able to get technicians quicker to the home with the initial answering service after hours. We apologize this did not suit your needs and we will make an effort to bring this feedback to management and training, thank you!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I had another company before and the person they sent drag their stuff across my floors and it was just useless. We also felt like we were kind of trapped to use whoever their vendors were, and we want to be able to decide who we want to use as repair people. Having that option is very important to us. So we left them and started looking for somebody else and found America's 1st Choice.

The only thing that was a little strange was we dealt with a hot water unit issue just recently. I was out of state when the hot water heater went bad. My boyfriend was at the house, taking care of my pets. He’s in the construction industry and he had one of his plumbers come. Sometimes with units you don’t have a lot of time to wait for a plumber to come out and diagnose and do all of those things. I just called America's 1st after I got back. It was frustrating because between hiring the plumber and the product itself in Home Depot, we only got like a $150 out of it.

I was a little frustrated with some of the people on the phone. They kept asking, “Is it old unit?” I said, “I don’t know if it’s an old unit.” And then in the meantime, he had taken it. He’s got a huge truck and the unit was taken to one of his job sites to dispose of it. They were kind of going back and forth about, “Well, how old is the unit?” and “Let me get those numbers.” At the end of the day, we still ended up with 150 bucks. And that was a little tedious. But I’m still thankful that we did get something back. It just took awhile for the rebate.

We got an awful lot of phone calls from people saying, “Hey, we wanna close this up and we were just trying to get the information of the unit, and we’re trying to find the serial numbers and try to verify the age of the unit.” So, that was a little frustrating. But it is what it is and sometimes there are certain things you can wait on, there are certain things you can’t.

And then the other opportunity we had with them was we had the guts in the toilet go out multiple times, and we went out and replaced everything with our own money. We went a month and a half where we didn’t have a flushing toilet. And I finally called them and I put in a claim and the guys came out. They were fine. They just looked at it and said we need a new toilet. We can’t fix it because the California’s laws have changed with the flow of the toilet,” which was kind of I thought would happen.

We have three bathrooms and we replaced one toilet in my son’s room, and when they came, they noticed that the two toilets weren’t definitely in code any longer. So, they were awesome and they wrote it up, and sent us a check for $600. It was good that we didn’t get jammed up on a bunch of no-code toilets. I just renewed with America's First and I’d recommend them. It’s also really good that they give people the opportunity to renew for a longer period of time, so you’re not worrying about renewing every year. I’m paying $50-some a month for the renewal right now, which is nice that I don’t have to put down hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Natalie,

Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate your opinion and will use this to make our processes easier.

AFC Home Club

Original review: March 30, 2019

I had a warranty company before that I didn't like and I didn't plan to renew, so I went online and found the names of five or six companies, and I started investigating them. I had contact with a rep from America's First Choice Home Club and he listened to me. I talked about what was bothering me with my other company and what I did not need in a warranty company. Then, he explained how the AFC Club worked and I felt like if there was a problem, I had someone, at least, I could talk to. whereas with the former warranty company, I couldn't even get a supervisor to call me back.

I had a dishwasher go out the last time and from the time I called, AFC Club referred me to a company, but the referral got lost in the company's spam mail somehow and it took over a week to get that sorted out. The former company said they wanted to wait a week, so their tech who would be in town doing other work in the same community I'm in could come. However, the problem was he got sick and they canceled out on me twice. Eventually, I said that I wasn't going with them and that I was gonna get somebody on my own. So I looked for a local company in my town and got them involved.

It was about five to six weeks from start to finish, from the first initial referral all the way to when I got it fixed. When I renewed my contract with the guy at AFC, the rep said that they had changed some policies around, so I could get a referral the same day. I am hoping the next time I put in a referral, I am not gonna have to wait 48 hours even to get the name of somebody that I can try to arrange to have come out.

Years ago, I had a home warranty program with my manufactured home and I usually could get service personnel in one day. I could get a contractor out the same day I called and I didn't have to wait until something was breaking. I could get somebody to come out and they would do a check-up on the system for me. I live in one town and I work out of town, and my commute is two hours a day. If I there was anything that AFC could change, I would wish that they would consider allowing me to be able to call them and say, "Hey, can I have somebody come out from your list and have them inspect this once a year to make sure?" I have to now provide proof that I've had everything inspected, the big systems inspected according to the contract. I used to be able to just go ahead with my warranty and have those inspections done as a part of the warranty, and I wish it was still available.

I would absolutely have every system checked once a year, then, that would avoid things going because it is hard when you have to pay double. You are paying for a service call, then if they come out and they don't find anything, that is fine. Five months later, you have a problem, then you have to pay for a service call for them to come out and find out what the problem is, and that is expensive. Other than that, I am fine and I am waiting to see what happens with the next round to see how fast I can get a referral on the books and how fast I can get somebody out.

The warranty companies and the homeowners can band together to support a system where, instead of being active when something is broken, we can be proactive before things get broken. If the company was really wanting to up their game, that would be something to really seriously consider. I've looked online and it was amazing to me how many people were frustrated because they had to wait weeks to get services done and/or customer service looked like nobody wanted to talk to them. They couldn't even get the help they needed.

At least, when I called AFC's representative, I didn't get stonewalled and I didn't get told that they couldn't help me. I didn't get a refusal to give me to a supervisor, so I could at least leave a message. They, at one point, transferred it, so I could leave a message with the man with whom I renewed the contract with. On one hand, the last company was horrible. They were absolutely non-responsive. I called on a holiday weekend and they keep banker hours, Monday through Friday. I said, "Well, can you transfer me to a supervisor, so I can at least leave a message and have a callback?" They said, "No, we don't have anybody you could talk to." On the other hand, I've had very courteous service from the staff people when I've called AFC.

Melissa,

We are so glad to hear that you were happy with our reps. Dave is your account rep and we also have a huge Service Staff here for you!

Regards,

AFC Home Club

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was a single parent and being a single parent, I don’t do a lot of the gentleman stuff, and I travel a lot so I’ve always had warranties on all my properties. I’m not a handyman so having a warranty is very valuable. When I first bought a house back in 1994, I kept them with the property. But because this is a new house, it didn’t come with a warranty. I didn’t want TotalProtect or American Home Shield anymore, so I tried to look into something different, and we went with America's 1st Choice.

My husband and I usually submit our claims over the phone, and we haven’t had any problems with our interactions with the reps. I have a problem, however, with the follow-up because one time it seemed like my stuff had dropped in a loop. The guy that first started the repair of our dishwasher got sick before he could complete the job or order the part. We sat here over a week or so before we started to call AFC and ask them what was going on. Then we ended up starting all over again. The turnaround time was okay but we had to keep calling. The person who was supposed to make an appointment with us didn’t quite make it in a timeframe I thought they should have. The contractors that have come were fine, so far, but the return time should be better.

The part that I don't like with AFC is that we’re gonna deal with the renewal of the warranty every year. I thought it would be automatic. And when I went online to sign up for it, I thought I was going directly to AFC. I didn’t find out, however, that I was going through a broker until two days ago. A guy was calling and asking about renewal to save us money, but I’d rather not deal with a broker and I’d rather deal with the company directly. I seriously would like to know how to get rid of that gentleman. I was thinking about what the end of this would be if I didn’t go directly, so we won’t be getting contacted by anybody trying to sell us a different product. Still, AFC is better than TotalProtect and American Home Shield.

America's 1st Choice Home Club response

Thank you for your reivew. Please be aware we do not use any third party brokers. All buisness and service is in house. The gnetlemen who contacted you are Dave and Mike, they are ewmployees here. We have however marked your account that you prefer to be auto-renwed. Thank you for your valued feedback and we look forward to serving you!

AFC Home Club

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AFC Home Club?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

After very, very patient person took my work order I kind of sat back and thought "Well, we'll see how this goes". I was contacted by your office with the contractor assignment within an hour. I contacted the repairman, and he showed up later today and fixed the refrigerator. I was frankly amazed that it was done so quickly. Mr. ** was very personable and professional. Ya done good!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I've only done one claim so far and it's been fine. I called in and they had somebody out to fix in a couple of days. They let me choose the contractor, which I appreciated.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I had talked with 2 different people. 1 is Nick ** and the other Everett ** and they both helped me to decide if this is the best Home Warranty. After speaking to both of them I decided to go with AFC's Home Warranty. Thank you Nick & Everett for helping to decide which warranty to pick for my home. Now I hope I've made the right choice.

Kathie

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

My first contact was surprisingly inaccurate. I was told that my machine was under warranty and to contact LG. The truth is that LB has a 1 year warranty on parts and a 10 year warranty on the motor and drum. The machine was just over 10 years of age. I became disturbed with AFC. I contacted a reliable repairman who had performed work on other appliances. First thinking AFC was not cooperating, I ordered the parts online with repairclinic.com. HOWEVER, when I contacted AFC several additional times, my policy service began to be honored. It was concluded today to my satisfaction with a call explaining I would receive a reimbursement less the $75 service fee. All is good and I was able to have the machine repaired very quickly compared to former home warranty companies I chose to abandon. I am very pleased today with AFC - good follow-up and notifications.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Thank you for being so attentive to my needs. I am grateful for your team's polite and non-pushing attitude. I was in need of a new home warranty and they made me feel welcome and they were very knowledgeable. Thank you.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage exclusions

As is standard for most home warranties, America’s 1st Choice Home Club will not cover known or unknown pre-existing conditions. Your contract also won’t cover damage due to rust, corrosion or failure due to improper use.

There will also be per-item exclusions listed in your contract. These will consist of parts or components of otherwise covered items. Your home warranty should cover all parts and components that are essential to the core function of the system or appliance but may exclude non-essential items.

For example, on their Platinum plan, America’s 1st Choice Home Club covers built-in microwaves but doesn’t cover parts like doors, glass, lights, trays, clocks or shelves. You can find a full list of exclusions via AFC Home Club's sample contract.

America’s 1st Choice Home Club coverage limits

If not otherwise specified in your contract, America’s 1st Choice Home Club sets a $2,000 per item coverage limit per contract term for access, diagnosis, repair and replacement of appliances. Certain items have other limits specified, ranging from $125 to $2,000 depending on the specific appliance or system that is in need of repair. HVAC systems have no coverage cap.

ItemCoverage limit
    Interior plumbing$500
    Faucets$150
    Ductwork$250

America’s 1st Choice Home Club FAQ

Is a home inspection required by America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    No, a home inspection is not required to get a standard home warranty plan from America’s 1st Choice Home Club. If you wish to add optional coverage after your 30-day waiting period, an inspection may be required at your own expense.
    Is there a cancellation fee for America’s 1st Choice Home Club?
    If you cancel within 30 days there is no cancellation fee. For cancellation after 30 days, a $75 cancellation fee will apply.
    Does America’s 1st Choice Home Club limit service requests?
    There is no limit to the number of times you can request or have serviced within your contract term. There may be a limit to the dollar amount America’s 1st Choice Home Club will pay to repair a specific item per contract term.
    How do I request a service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club?

You can submit claims online or over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request service from America’s 1st Choice Home Club:

1. Open a new service request online or by calling America’s 1st Choice Home Club.
    2. A licensed technician will be assigned to the case within 24–48 hours.
    3. Contact your assigned technician to schedule your service for a convenient time.
    4. Pay your service call fee, and the repairs will be completed.

Is America’s 1st Choice Home Club worth it?

Offering several plans and fee options, along with 24/7 service, America’s 1st Choice Home Club is a reliable choice for home warranties. Though new policyholders can’t report a claim during the first 30 days, the company’s level of service, simple process and availability in most states make it a top contender in home protection. The option to choose between three different service fee costs is a nice perk, allowing people to choose what meets their budget best.

America's 1st Choice Home Club Company Information