Westinghouse

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Westinghouse Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Westinghouse Reviews

Original review: June 9, 2019

This is definitely a fantastic tv for the money. Great picture, sound and quality. I think that you could spend more money on 55 inch televisions, but this is more bang for your buck - and one you will be happy with for many years.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I purchased a television with a built in DVD player from Best Buy a month ago for my son's birthday and while the television works fine the DVD player quit working, so I called Best Buy and was informed that because I didn't have an extended warranty (which I wasn't offered at the time of purchase) I would have to call Westinghouse. Horrible customer service, the rep couldn't understand me and was having me look for a button on the back of the television that wasn't there. I explained there was no button on the back of the tv and then he had me do a factory reset and nothing. Now I have to send pictures and proof of purchase to get it fixed. If not resolved quickly I will be calling consumer protection and the state Attorney General's office, this could've been a simple fix instead of a 3 ring circus.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We had this t.v. for 3 months. 3 months. That's it. Then one night it just decided to completely wig out. Would not allow us to do anything with it. It just kept turning itself on and off, on and off. We tried unplugging everything, tried taking the batteries out of the remote. Nothing. Nothing worked for this pos t.v. Very disappointed. WASTE OF MONEY.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Contacted Westinghouse on November 12, 2018 about a TV that no longer was displaying a picture. After speaking on phone to a representative with Westinghouse warranty department, I sent an email with the requested info: pictures of my TV, serial number, and copies of receipt. After this, I received an email that I needed to show proof of recycling the TV at a recycling plant. This would include pictures of the TV, pictures of the place it is being recycled. I completed this and sent an email back with the pictures on November 30, 2018.

I received an email of acknowledgment of receipt of the information. I have called back every three weeks or so to check on the status and have been told that there is an issue in the accounting department with their system and soon as it is up and running and/or the accounting department reports back to them, the refund would be issued. It is now four months since the claim was filed and I'm being told the same story.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Received the 55" ultra high definition TV for Christmas. Picture is excellent but after the first week had to unplug the unit twice because the controls locked up. Last week it started dropping the wifi every time the Set was turned off. Now it will not even connect to wifi. Contacted Westinghouse support only to find that they wanted money to talk to a technician, but advising you get it back if you are not satisfied with the results. This is the most appalling experience I have ever had with a company. I also understand that I have to send the unit back to them (at my expense) to get the unit replaced. Never again will I buy or recommend a Westinghouse appliance. Will use as a secondary unit and replace with a better name brand smart unit with a real warranty. THIS WAS A GIFT SO DO NOT HAVE A RECEIPT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westinghouse?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I am very disappointed in the lack of guarantee they offer on products. I purchased a TV that died after 3 mos. The warranty claim sucks! I have to pay $135 to ship you the TV when the TV only costs $200 to begin with. And since they can't replace the TV, I still have to purchase another TV.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

You truly get what you pay for when it comes to TVs. I bought a 55 inch Westinghouse TV for $300 from Target during Black Friday in 2016. Model DWM55F1G1. It’s only been 2 years and it’s now nothing more than a paperweight. It won’t power on. I get a little red light at the bottom of the TV that comes on indicating that it’s plugged in but no picture or sound. I called Westinghouse and they told me, "Too bad son, nothing we can do for you. Call someone else to fix it for ya." Please, please, please spend a little more and buy a TV that will last. Don’t buy this brand. Westinghouse TVs are absolute junk and the company has doesn’t care about brand value or customer satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I bought the 42” LED TV from Best Buy. After less than 5 years it stopped working. It powered down and won’t turn back on. There is a red blinking light but I am unable to get the TV to turn on. This is definitely a defective product. I paid over $600 for this and now it does not work.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Purchased a TV that did not work properly from day one. Notified Westinghouse and they put us through a series of troubleshooting steps then pictures of receipts the TV and videos of the TV not working. Once we gave them all they wanted they informed us that they did not have another TV in stock. They were refunding me my money minus the tax I paid once they RECEIVED the TV. Not only did I pay for shipping to receive the TV, I now have to be 80 dollars to ship the TV back. A product that did not work properly from the day we purchased it. This company makes its money by taking from its customers. I would never recommend them to anyone. First and last time purchasing with them. Save your time and money. Buy an LG or Samsung product. They stand behind their products and have amazing morals and customer service.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased a 50” Westinghouse TV on Ft Lewis store (AAFESS) this Feb 2018. In Oct 2018 The TV is unserviceable. When I turn it on the whole scene is green. I contacted Westinghouse. Their warranty is a year, they did troubleshooting. When that didn’t they wanted photos and receipts. I took photos and send them all the information they have requested. They replied that to refund me the money I would have to mail the TV to them. I asked will I get refunded for the shipping on a 50" TV, they said no. I told them shipping a TV of that size will be about the same price of the actual TV. They said no sorry, I suggested to them that I can take the TV to one of their authorize location to validate the return of the TV. They said no again. I tried to be patient with them and can’t find a solution. They are the worst company.

Westinghouse Company Information