Westinghouse Reviews

Westinghouse
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Westinghouse Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I purchased a Westinghouse TV approximately three years ago. Until now, it’s worked fine, but now that I no longer use cable, I need to use an antenna. I purchased a couple of antennas and installed them on my Samsung TVs with no problems. When I went to do the same on the Westinghouse, an error code came up and stated that I needed a code to access the antenna port and I needed to call in or go online to do it. What?!?! Whoever heard of needing a code to use an antenna? I reached customer service and was given a case number for reference. I then went through all the different steps of trying to use the antenna with the agent. Very frustrating experience! She concluded that my tv was broken and I needed to take it to a television repair shop. Huh? I don’t think so- my brother is a television repair man (for many many years) who has never encountered this type of problem.

It seems the remote will not allow me to go to the page where the code is entered. Remember- the tv was working fine until now. Why would a company require a code to access something that is supposed to be included in the tv. I even have an Emerson that also was an easy switch to the antenna. I will NEVER purchase another television from this company. I have had appliances that worked beautifully- they should just stick to the appliance business and stay away from televisions. What an incredible rip off. They know their TVs are flawed and they offer no solution!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Roku tv remote never worked. Company won't replace as I wasn't the purchaser. They hated started this roku tv line in June 2019, so they know the remote is faulty. Don't want to replace. I'm not buying their product and hope others take heed.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I’ve been fighting them since I purchased this 65” 4K smart tv. It will not stay connected to the internet even hard wired. They refuse to help and only ask for more pictures and information that is impossible to provide considering it has to come from Best Buy where it was purchased. But Best Buy doesn’t supply that information. So they have their loophole to never stand behind their products. I’ve learned a lot through this. Never purchase a product from a business that won’t stand behind the products they sell. If they say they have a year warranty then Best Buy should stand behind it if they won’t. I have purchased many things from Best Buy over the years but I will never do business with them again. I honestly try to shop local and keep my money close helping the community but I can’t with Best Buy anymore. I’m done and going to throw this brand new 65” 4K tv in the dumpster. Please save your money and never buy a Westinghouse tv.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Spent hours with Comcast (they even sent new cable remote free) then Westinghouse. Westinghouse then told me that a cable remote will turn the TV ON but not OFF. Had to keep 2 remotes just to turn it off.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Have had this two door upper with crisper drawer and pull out freezer for 4 years. There have been no problems at all. We keep the bottom vacuumed from lint and dust balls every three months. It sounds and works great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westinghouse?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I really like my Westinghouse 48 in flat-screen tv. Definitely a great tv for the price and features. Nice picture. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it's a great value! Would definitely recommend it for sure!

Original review: June 9, 2019

This is definitely a fantastic tv for the money. Great picture, sound and quality. I think that you could spend more money on 55 inch televisions, but this is more bang for your buck - and one you will be happy with for many years.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I purchased a television with a built in DVD player from Best Buy a month ago for my son's birthday and while the television works fine the DVD player quit working, so I called Best Buy and was informed that because I didn't have an extended warranty (which I wasn't offered at the time of purchase) I would have to call Westinghouse. Horrible customer service, the rep couldn't understand me and was having me look for a button on the back of the television that wasn't there. I explained there was no button on the back of the tv and then he had me do a factory reset and nothing. Now I have to send pictures and proof of purchase to get it fixed. If not resolved quickly I will be calling consumer protection and the state Attorney General's office, this could've been a simple fix instead of a 3 ring circus.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We had this t.v. for 3 months. 3 months. That's it. Then one night it just decided to completely wig out. Would not allow us to do anything with it. It just kept turning itself on and off, on and off. We tried unplugging everything, tried taking the batteries out of the remote. Nothing. Nothing worked for this pos t.v. Very disappointed. WASTE OF MONEY.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Contacted Westinghouse on November 12, 2018 about a TV that no longer was displaying a picture. After speaking on phone to a representative with Westinghouse warranty department, I sent an email with the requested info: pictures of my TV, serial number, and copies of receipt. After this, I received an email that I needed to show proof of recycling the TV at a recycling plant. This would include pictures of the TV, pictures of the place it is being recycled. I completed this and sent an email back with the pictures on November 30, 2018.

I received an email of acknowledgment of receipt of the information. I have called back every three weeks or so to check on the status and have been told that there is an issue in the accounting department with their system and soon as it is up and running and/or the accounting department reports back to them, the refund would be issued. It is now four months since the claim was filed and I'm being told the same story.

Westinghouse Company Information