Westinghouse

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Westinghouse Reviews

Quit paying for costly home repairs

596 Westinghouse Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I am very disappointed in the lack of guarantee they offer on products. I purchased a TV that died after 3 mos. The warranty claim sucks! I have to pay $135 to ship you the TV when the TV only costs $200 to begin with. And since they can't replace the TV, I still have to purchase another TV.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

You truly get what you pay for when it comes to TVs. I bought a 55 inch Westinghouse TV for $300 from Target during Black Friday in 2016. Model DWM55F1G1. It’s only been 2 years and it’s now nothing more than a paperweight. It won’t power on. I get a little red light at the bottom of the TV that comes on indicating that it’s plugged in but no picture or sound. I called Westinghouse and they told me, "Too bad son, nothing we can do for you. Call someone else to fix it for ya." Please, please, please spend a little more and buy a TV that will last. Don’t buy this brand. Westinghouse TVs are absolute junk and the company has doesn’t care about brand value or customer satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I bought the 42” LED TV from Best Buy. After less than 5 years it stopped working. It powered down and won’t turn back on. There is a red blinking light but I am unable to get the TV to turn on. This is definitely a defective product. I paid over $600 for this and now it does not work.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Purchased a TV that did not work properly from day one. Notified Westinghouse and they put us through a series of troubleshooting steps then pictures of receipts the TV and videos of the TV not working. Once we gave them all they wanted they informed us that they did not have another TV in stock. They were refunding me my money minus the tax I paid once they RECEIVED the TV. Not only did I pay for shipping to receive the TV, I now have to be 80 dollars to ship the TV back. A product that did not work properly from the day we purchased it. This company makes its money by taking from its customers. I would never recommend them to anyone. First and last time purchasing with them. Save your time and money. Buy an LG or Samsung product. They stand behind their products and have amazing morals and customer service.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased a 50” Westinghouse TV on Ft Lewis store (AAFESS) this Feb 2018. In Oct 2018 The TV is unserviceable. When I turn it on the whole scene is green. I contacted Westinghouse. Their warranty is a year, they did troubleshooting. When that didn’t they wanted photos and receipts. I took photos and send them all the information they have requested. They replied that to refund me the money I would have to mail the TV to them. I asked will I get refunded for the shipping on a 50" TV, they said no. I told them shipping a TV of that size will be about the same price of the actual TV. They said no sorry, I suggested to them that I can take the TV to one of their authorize location to validate the return of the TV. They said no again. I tried to be patient with them and can’t find a solution. They are the worst company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westinghouse?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Remote has to be just perfectly aimed to work; can't hold a wireless connection. Speakers face down, so sound is terrible. Choice of streaming channels is VERY limited. If using an antenna and you want, say, channel 6.1, you can't just hit "6" and then hit "up" to get 6.1. If there is no channel 6 the TV goes back to your previous channel. This TV is a bad joke on the public. My housemate bought it a few months ago and left it behind when he moved. I'm not surprised.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Had T.V. mounted on T.V. wall mount. Noticed T.V. tipping outward. When checked the back of T.V. where mounted was actually cracked apart... T.V. was about to fall. To me this is a safety issue. It could of fallen and hurt someone. Phoned company. That I guess was a waste of time. I guess safety is not a issue with this company. Would not recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I own 13 Televisions and bought a Westinghouse for one of the outdoor rooms, thank God I only bought one Westinghouse. Has to be one of the worst TVs on the market. Half the time the remote doesn't work unless it is 2 feet from the TV and I could eat lunch in the time it takes to change from channel to channel. I should have reviewed this before I bought it. It was cheap so I gave it away...

Original review: July 5, 2018

I purchased TV a few months ago. Now it’s blacked out. Not turning on, went to Micro Center. They said I should call Manufacturer. After I called Westinghouse the process is horrible. Almost impossible so stay away from this product. It has a 1 year manufacturer warranty but its shipping, receiving, and refund will take over 3 months. That is what representative told me.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I’ve had my smart tv for only 5 months and as a gamer my tv is very important. I was in the middle of a gaming session and it just blacked with sound still playing, I turned it off then back on but it just showed the logo then blacked out again. Just so you know, you guys have the worst televisions ever!!!

Westinghouse Company Information