Magnavox TV

Magnavox TV
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.90/5

Magnavox TV Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2017

I purchased a 28 inch Magnavox DVD combo and after a year the HDMI stopped working I turned it on in the morning and it didn't work. I called the company and they said the warranty expired. It was obvious a defect. How does this stop working when it was working before I went to sleep? The company said I would have to pay for it the repairs but the cost is more than the television. Stay away from combo television. Better yet stay away from Magnavox.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I do a lot of watching tv and I really like the Magnavox brand. It is a good tv and the first flat screen I've ever had. It is an older one which I got at a thrift shop. I have had other Magnavox tv's and they do last a long time. It does have a good picture and I have had no problems with my sets. I would highly recommend Magnavox.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Compared to past TVs owned… it was an upgrade!! Sound reproduction is always an issue for me, without separate sound bar... this tv is better than most, but still a little "tinny". Bought it at Shopko (box store). Sale price brought me into store.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I've had this tv for 4 years and it's never given me any problems whatsoever. The viewing is fine and the screen to color everything works perfectly on this tv.

Original review: May 20, 2017

The screen has a very thin trim or border. The rest is screen. The picture and sound are great and make TV watching experience enjoyable. I have no complaints or issues with this set and am pleased I purchased it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magnavox?

Original review: March 13, 2017

My TV is a 1981 Magnavox, until I replace it with something more modern, I watch all my TV programs on my MAC. Many of us have given up on TV and are using laptops and larger smartphones for their viewing. Television is overused, not accurate in many ways and the offerings, of late, horrific. Unless you have TVO, on demand or use Netflix, you are at the mercy and time schedule of others who may not share your taste, passions or interests. I like watching what I want when I have the time. My time, not theirs. Some things, of course, are exempt. Example, as I cannot easily watch a hockey game live-time, I must listen to it on the radio or live stream it. This is enough to get me TV shopping.

I feel that the TV/cable contracts are overpriced and hardly worth it -- who can watch 103 channels and have a life? Or a job? When I do get my next set, no more co-ax cables and routers for me. Powerful, attachable antenna is available and all I need for what I may wish to watch. I would be interested in the result/ratings of the various brands to help me make my decision, if at all possible. I look forward to a much larger screen, although the resolution on my MAC is fantastic, better than many TVs currently on the market.

Original review: March 3, 2017

TV is all I have for hobby... I take care of my elderly parents so I am at home a lot. It's my first flat screen TV, 32 inch and I love everything about it. Oh! It's LED, Dolby & HDMI. Will probably have it as long as it works because I cannot afford a new one.

Original review: March 2, 2017

We bought a $2800 TV from Best Buy and it gave us nothing but problems in the 3 years we owned it. We decided to buy a less expensive Magnavox 42-inch screen TV from Target 5 years ago and we have been so satisfied with its performance. It cost under $400 and have had no problems with it at all. Great value from Magnavox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I bought mine at Target in October of 2011. After six months, a black line running vertically started growing about 5" from the left side of the screen. It would go away after having the TV on for a while. Then the line got wider. Then the line stopped going away and it continued to get wider. I called Magnavox since it was still under warranty and they said they would fix it but I would have to ship to them. I asked how much that would cost and they said $200. Great warranty, not. As of 2/17 the TV still works, but the lines are still there. Now there's one starting on the right sides of the screen. Guess I have learned to ignore them, but I won't buy anything Magnavox again. Ever.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My TV is less than a year old. It's had standard use, not been dropped, and had no damage. A month ago, I turned it off by remote control. It wouldn't come back on. Eventually, it came on, but ever since, if we turn it off, it may or may not come back on for days. For the cost of repairing it, I can buy a bigger and better TV. They don't respond to email or letters about the warranty.

Magnavox TV Company Information