1.91/5

372 Magnavox TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Owned for 1 week to the day, blown capacitors in power supply. Blinking red power light. Unplugged it for a couple hours, turned on again. Checked it several times after, girlfriend watched it all day the next day and after turning it off the power light started blinking again. Knew right away it wasn't going to turn back on. I'm tempted to try and put better caps in it myself. But I will try the service center first. Pretty pissed. Really disappointing. Wouldn't buy a Magnavox again with a gun to my head. Honestly a TV that lasts 7 days is a joke. Just long enough for me to throw the box and receipt away. Class action lawsuit sounds legit after seeing so many problems of the same nature.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

I'm very upset. I bought my TV in November of 2013 and it stopped working. The red standby light is on, but it will not turn on. I sent an inquiry to Magnavox before typing this review but from what I've read so far, I don't think I'll have much luck. I'm wondering if anyone has actually had their TVs repaired and could possibly lend a hand as to what is really wrong. I'd hate to send it out for much bucks when it might be something I can fix myself. Keeping my fingers crossed that Magnavox actually comes through.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

Extremely satisfied with the Magnavox brand HDTV I purchased this past year. It has performed great and is internet-compatible. Great product from a well-known manufacturer.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2015

I have a 32-inch flat Magnavox TV that I love. It's the perfect size for my TV stand and is not heavy at all. I can move it easily, it swivels and can be turned a different way without moving the whole TV. It's features are simple and easy to use. The colors and clarity are great even though it's only hooked to local HD antenna TV. I've had this TV for two years and it still performs like new. I would definitely recommend to others and will buy another when this one wears out.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

In 2008, prior to the mandated switch over to digital, I purchased a Magnavox Analog/Digital tv and was pleased with the quality picture and the sound. (The sound quality is even better than my. In September 2015, the ON switch button would not turn the picture/sound on. The button continuously alternates flashing from green to yellow when I use the remote, or manually try to turn on the set. I was going to purchase another Magnavox, but after reading the numerous complaints about this company, I will choose another manufacturer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magnavox?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

I just purchased Magnavox TV last year at Target and won't work. The TV stop working, I think the brand is not good.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I purchased a Magnavox 55" smart TV from SAM's club in March 2015. I got it home safely, meaning I didn't drop, bang or hit the TV on anything. I had a professional person to come and hook it up to the internet and cable. The tv worked fine for about a 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, it no longer played Netflix or any other applications over wifi. I contacted my internet provider and Magnavox customer service department. I reset tv and reset Netfix but nothing worked. The tv itself plays fine, it just won't connect to Internet which was the purpose of me even purchasing the tv.

I contacted Magnavox again and was asked to take pictures of the tv and email them. I did so. I got an email back asking to send more pictures. I did so. The last email I received back said that my tv had physical damage that Magnavox was not responsible for and the repair cost would be at my own expense. To say I was and still disappointed is an understatement. I WOULD NEVER IN MY LIFE PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

Model 46ME313V 46 inch TV lasted just a week shy of a year and would no longer turn on. Contacted Magnavox and they stated that we needed to ship our TV back to them at no charge. Received replacement TV - removed from box, plugged in and it would not turn on. I am disgusted and plan to smash the TV with a Hammer and dump it in front of Target, where it was purchased.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

I wrote a Smart tv from Magnavox company. NOT even 4 month my Tv screen went out twice. The first time it went out but you could still see the pictures along with the sound. Now not even one day later my kids was watching TV and out of nowhere the whole screen went out and all you see is colorful lines on the screen. Now here the problem start. So I contacted Magnavox Company and complained and I was told to submit a photo along with my receipt since it haven't even been a year since I purchased. So I did that and I was told by two customer service that either I will get another tv or they will repair it. Ok. So I sent out the receipt and the photo of the Tv ok and was told within 2 to 3 business days I will get an email back on the issue.

Ok next day not even a whole 24 hours I received a email. Was stated the manufacturer warranty will not fix the issue and this issue was a neglect, abuse, not properly taken care something like that. They sent me and was basically telling me, "Yes you waste your money and no we will not help you". Ok that when all hell break loose I was going to just leave it alone and buy another tv. But then again I wasn't going to let $266.50 goes down the drain because Magnavox lies to me and said they so called was going to fix it or give me another one. So you know what I did? I call their number back which is 800-605-8610 and I was on the line with some India man who could barely speak English. So I already see how this will play out and just what I expected Magnavox really a con artist scamming people hard earning money on their ** ass device that doesn't function correct and expect us to waste additional money to fix.

Oh no, not me. I demanded for a supervisor and the man will not let me talk to one and said I should just go to the nearest customer care center so I could get it repair and of course not by the Magnavox company but with my money. So totally was not fair and I'm was heavily asking and demanding for a supervisor but that man still was refusing to give me a supervisor. Then out of nowhere they sent me another email and the email now said they so call. They call will contact me within 2 business days to find a situation. ** lies they tell so as I still on the phone with the same man. I'm still demanding the supervisor so he put me on hold and I noticed every other 10 or 20 seconds he keep checking the line I guess to see if I hung up but no perhaps I'm still waiting for this so call supervisor.

Then after waiting for 6 whole long minutes then he finally came back and claim, "Officially the supervisor is not able to speak right now and I'll be contact within 24-48 hours." I'm was like, "What? No. I'm not going to wait that long. I want to speak to a supervisor right now because it not fair. I'm complaining about your product so it can get fix but I have to be on a guessing waiting game. So I demanding someone who higher than the supervisor and I even requested a corporate. So out of nowhere the same India speaking man said, "Hold on," he will check on the supervisor (shaking my head, mind you everyone I was told he was unavailable and I have to wait 24-48 hours for a supervisor). "Ok so", I said. Ok so I waited for less than 1 minute shocking for a supervisor who was unavailable but came to the phone so quick.

Ok so supervisor came on the phone and I make sure I asked 8 times, "Are you the supervisor?" and he was talking so low as if he was trying to change his voice and back of my head I said to myself might be the same India man so I try to hear his voice and get his name. He said it so quickly and he was so low. I couldn't barely heard it than when I ask again for his name. He sounds like he pissed and wanted to rushed me off the phone but any who the so call supervisor was speaking and was saying everything that the India man was saying and I express to them my complaint and how highly disappointed and upset I was and to be honest this man came out his man and said sorry if it sound like I'm rushing out the phone but you could just go to the nearest customer service care.

I'm like no so I could pay out of my pocket when clearly Magnavox company have warranty out for their devices and should fix any issues and not the customers which is totally not far and a big rip off and do you think after talking and demanding them to help you would thought they will do something but still enforce me to this place to get my tv. But I will have to come out of the pocket yes and like I told Magnavox customer service this tv was damaged on it on and no one damage it so they should be able to fix it and he stated if I do go to the customer center service and find it is not damaged they will repair or send me another tv. Ok whatever that what I was saying but let see how this end. But I won't give up especially draining my money down the garbage where I could use that on my kids. I just want my refund for purchasing this tv so don't even want to bothering wasting my time.

I already see this company is full of ** and could care less about the buyers who buy their products. I'm make sure I'll do my part and making sure everyone knows about Magnavox company any of their products are not worth buying even if it free. I won't buy it. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH ON ANY COMPANY and if you find out everyone complaining is bad and not even 1 person giving good feedback trust and believe you better run and DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

I purchased my TV 3 yrs ago and now it shows only a partial picture at the top of the screen. I see now that everyone else is having the same problem. When I called they gave me the number to a repair shop that is approx 30 miles away, and the cost is $50 just for diagnosis. Magnavox should be held accountable in a class action suit. Needless to say I will never purchase any of their products ever again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

I have been trying to contact the company by email, but I can get nowhere. I have a three year old TV that has been blocking out the right half of the picture for two years now. I talked to a representative once but got no satisfaction. Then the TV stopped doing it for about ten months; now it's doing the same thing. The blockage looks like a curtain and changes colors. I think the company should be willing to give me a full refund, but since I can't get hold of anyone, it looks like that won't happen. What's the next step?

Original review: July 29, 2015

I order a remote control as a replacement which I thought I misplace it, order date 7/21/15. On 7/24/15 I found my old remote control and still working. I received my order on 7/28/15, I call the customer service to ask how I can return the item. But according to the lady I spoke with, the company does not accept return. I don't know why this company can get away with this kind of policy. It cost $26.00 for a item that don't need.

Original review: July 28, 2015

Bought this tv at Sam's Club on 3/23/2014. It's a 46ME313V/F7. For the last month I've been unplugging it for a minute like the instructions say so it can reset. Today, it does absolutely nothing. Magnavox used to be a good name in electronics, but from reading everyone else having the same problem, apparently that is not the case anymore! They should be recalling all these TVs and fixing the problem! I'm definitely telling everyone I know not to buy Magnavox!

Original review: July 18, 2015

Bought a 46 in Magnavox TV from Sam's in March 2014. In the last week the TV would not turn on. I unplugged the TV for a minute and then plugged it back in and it would turn on until 2 days ago. Now it will not turn on at all. The red power light is on but does nothing. After reading all of the reviews, I am convinced there is an issue with the TV's. I previously had an old Magnavox for over 20 years and never had an issue. These new TV's are not the same. Very sad that we wasted our money on this TV.

Original review: July 6, 2015

Hello! I bought my Television through a Finance Company here in Canada. It was working great until Saturday night when it turn off and now it will not go on. I will be call the Finance Company tomorrow because I make payments on this thing and I will see what will happen. Hopefully they will Give me a new one. Over a Year and it is costing me over 2 Grand and then it would of been mine to own, Rent to Own. I am not sure about this thing. I am on Disability. BOY this is Expensive.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I bought this TV thinking it would be great and it was. The picture was nice and it was easy to install but only had it for 1 week... ONE WEEK! So now the TV will not turn on, unless I leave it off for a good 4 to 8 hours. Do not waste your money. Not a good investment.

Original review: June 24, 2015

I purchased the Magnavox 32" TV from QVC in November 2014. I was very satisfied with the product until June 2015. Had a power outage for about an hour. The TV never came back on again after the power was restored. Contacted Magnavox customer service. She referred me to a repair shop. Repair shop said it will be $35 just to look at it. I'm very disappointed with Magnavox. I grew up with the name and it was always rated as one of the best. This product lasted 6 months. But it was good while it last. I chose to purchase another TV with another company. There are many complaints about your product. Please take these complaints into consideration to find a way to make the product last.

Original review: June 11, 2015

TV got a cracked inside screen. But they say even though I am still paying for the TV and under warranty, they do not cover cracked screens. So I am still paying for a TV that I am not being able to watch. Will never buy from this company again. They rip people off with their bull crap.

Original review: May 24, 2015

This TV sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just won't turn on!!!!!!

Original review: May 13, 2015

My Magnavox 40" HDTV stopped working after less than 4 months. Won't turn on anymore. Called Magnavox and was told that parts were covered for 1 year but labor was only covered for 3 months. My booklet said the warranty was 12 months so my husband called back to complain. They finally agreed to cover the labor. We now need to take the tv to a service center 30 miles from our house. We'll see if it actually gets repaired. In the meantime, I had to buy another TV (needless to say, it was not a Magnavox). I will never buy another Magnavox.

Original review: May 4, 2015

Picture is out - what's the price for a replacement? I hate to trash it, it's still very clean and salable.

Original review: March 3, 2015

I purchase this Magnavox TV 5 yrs ago at a cost of $1,000 and now it, like many other owners have stated, will not turn on properly! It is a shame when hardworking consumers and those of us who live on modest retirement incomes, are shafted by big greedy companies like Magnavox..... It's not about offering a quality product anymore.... It's all about GREED! Shame on Magnavox! I will NEVER purchase another one of their products again and will certainly advise my family and friends not to either!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

Bought a 39 inch LED tv at target in Jan 2014. One year later, and right before warranty expired, it went DEAD. Nothing. No standby light, no picture, no sound. Took me a few days to find the manual, and try troubleshooting. Contacted customer service, closed. Tried again in 2 days, they referred me to a disconnected number. Tried again, they then told me TV was no longer under warranty. They would not budge. They told me “my warranty expired on Jan 27th and my first logged call to them was on Jan 31st". Stay away from Magnavox, they are making a poor product with even poorer customer service.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

I purchased a Magnavox LED from ABC Warehouse in November of 2013. The TV stopped working two weeks after the one year factory warranty expired. The power light will come on, but there's no audio or picture. ABC warehouse refused to stand behind it. I was given the number for Magnavox customer service, who in turn gave me the phone number to a repair shop to take it to. According to the repair shop, it would cost more to repair it than what it would to purchase a new one. Before putting it out for the trash pick up, I decided to try to power it up one last time. Lo and behold it worked... until the next day. Again no picture, no sound. It will work some days, others it will not. I will never ever purchase a Magnavox again. Nor will I buy anything from ABC Warehouse ever again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

I bought my daughter a television less than 2 years ago during Black Friday. She has been away at college and only powered in on to watch when she came home which was not very often. She may have watched television 3 times for a total of 15 hours of viewing time and now it will not power on at all. I thought I would research this issue first before calling Magnavox for help. However, after reading the reviews from other customers who suffered the same fate, I decided it was pointless because nothing has been done about it. It appears that this is a known issue and the manufacturer is aware of it and has made a profit from poorly manufactured televisions.

I once thought Magnavox was a reputable brand, but boy have I changed my thoughts and feelings towards Magnavox. I will never buy anything that starts with an M again. I am totally done as a consumer and will be spreading this experience around. I have never taken time to share my buying experience as a consumer in a written forum before, but after this experience I had to share with the world! I feel ripped off and taken advantage of. No more Magnavox products in my home no matter what they say or do! I am done, done, and done!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

My TV would put out sound but no picture. I called customer care because it was still under warranty. They sent a repair tech but when he was finished there wasn't even any sound. I had to wait for a second repair tech just to verify it was completely broken before they sent me a box to have my unit replaced. Now I am having issues again. I called customer care and they actually gave me a number that was disconnected.

I would never buy a Magnavox again just because of the service and care I've been given. I have been patient. I have recorded conversations with them but I believe more steps need to be taken to save others from having to experience this disappointment. Save your money and buy from a company that cares about the people who buy their products.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

I purchased a 55" tv for my family for Christmas 2014 at Target Canada. Today is January 24th and the screen is all pixelated as if there is snow on the screen. I had purchased the warranty from Target but when they announced they were going bankrupt in Canada I asked for a refund of the warranty. If the company was not going to be here, I couldn't see any use in having a warranty when there wouldn't be a company to return it to. So now that it is breaking down after less than a month, what am I supposed to do? I can't wait to return it because we have no idea if the store will close down in a week or a month. Magnavox was a trusted name when I was growing up, now they obviously only produce worthless garbage. I am so disgusted that a product like this could be sold to hardworking consumers. They should be ashamed of themselves for producing such poor quality products.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

When my eight month old 46" LCD TV went belly up, I contacted Magnavox's "customer service" to make a claim under their one-year warranty. After about a week, they sent me out a box and mailing label to return the TV to them for replacement. I sent the TV out the same day, December 22, 2014. Due to the receiving office refusing the delivery several times, it took until January 5, 2015 for the TV to be delivered to them. Now they tell me that it will take 20 days for them to send me out a replacement TV. So, it will take them about two months to fix my TV. This seems pretty unreasonable. Strike Magnavox off of my purchase list.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

50" Class 1080p LCD HDTV WILL NOT POWER ON. Christmas 2014, We experienced a power surge, followed by a power outage in my area. My power was out for 4 hrs... This morning I went to turn on my TV and nothing. Even the standby light wasn't on. I checked my outlet with other devices and the outlet was working fine. I decided to call the customer service number in my TV info manual I had saved after we purchased it.

Spoke to a woman who was eager to help until she heard the TV was purchased in 2013... She then abruptly told me that they would offer NO tech support or troubleshooting because I was no longer under warranty. NOTHING! And all they would do was refer me to the repair center near my home. After reading other complaints I will no longer be a customer for Magnavox. Now I will have to take my TV to a repair shop due to paying too much money to let it go to waste. #disappointedinbigcorporations#

Original review: Dec. 27, 2014

Model 40ME313V will not power on. Unplug the TV and wait until the red light turns off, then wait 1 more minute then plug back in and it will turn on. Purchased on 24 November 2013. Problem started about July 2014 and called on 26 December 2014 and Magnavox said they would not do anything. Very bad company.

Magnavox TV Company Information