Magnavox TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Magnavox TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

373 Magnavox TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

Defect TV. Magnavox is PURE TRASH. I had my TV for not even a year and was told no warranty yet you have a year warranty. Lies and more lies!!! I have submitted proof many times. Nothing happened!!! Those foreigners are disrespectful and incompetent. DO NOT OFFER HELP IN NO FORM.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

My 32' Magnavox LED was bought on 10/12/13 at Target. It just went black yesterday! In the past 6 weeks I have lost sound, the ability to convert to HD, and had tiling. I thought I had a bad cable box. Xfinity came out yesterday, switched out the box and the TV STOPPED working! Magnavox used to be a top tier product. No more. Will not buy another Magnavox anything.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

It's amazing you can purchase a Magnavox TV only for it to go out in less than 4 years. All the reps are located in the Philippines. Trying to explain the problem twice and only get I'm sorry does NO good. I was told by the rep I should have turned my TV off each time after using it. Have anyone every heard of this before? I know my TV have a defect because it magically just went out on Sunday and never came back on. I can't even get the TV to come back on.

It's amazing you spend your hard earn money to get service for less than 4 years. It serves no point having reps who can't give you answers or will try to assist you in getting a replacement when it is defiantly the fault of the company. Consumers, DON'T PURCHASE a Magnavox Product. EVER... Before purchasing the next TV, you better believe I will get information on replacing a defected TV. After reading sooo many complaints, we should boycott Magnavox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

Our 48 or 50 inch (can't remember exactly) Magnavox flat screen that we purchased less than 3 years ago decided to go black & now makes a chirping noise. Instead of the guy with customer service trying to figure out what's wrong with it he tells me, "Ma'am it's defective & you are now out of warranty. There's nothing we can or will do for you. You can try taking it to a repair shop & having them fix it." I then asked to speak to a supervisor & he never would allow me to. $500 TV that is all the sudden defective & I'm being accused of not taking care of it. It's sits on a wall, it's dusted periodically, do I need to take it down & rock it to sleep or something?! Yea I'm ticked. I'll never buy Funai or Magnavox electronics again. After this experience I'll drop the $750 for a nice Samsung TV.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I ordered a Magnavox 32 inch LED TV. UPS delivered it after it being back ordered for 2 weeks. I was so happy to get it. I looked at the box to read the highlights, and then opened it, put the stand on it and powered it up. Once to TV came on, the screen looked like it was cracked. I called Magnavox and they informed me to send a picture of it which I did. I was notified by them after one day that the screen was cracked and that whether it was by accident or on purpose it was not their responsibility, and I could take it to any service center and pay for the repair myself. I was livid! There was no damage to the box, so that means that their packaging was defective. I will never purchase anything from them again! Luckily the place I bought it from was willing to send me a replacement at no cost!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magnavox?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

My Magnavox 55" TV suddenly went out while I was watching it. It's about two years old. It is difficult to even find a place to complain, let alone get it fixed.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

Magnavox has taken 4 months with the process of a replacement unit. Customer service does not provide any update and only asks to wait for them to contact us. When television was reported broken, they sent a technician that took tv to shop and after refused to give it back to me. When finally did, tv was empty, he removed all insides. Tv was sent to manufacturer and it's been 3 months and I have not received a replacement unit or refund. Their Customer service is the worst.

Original review: July 19, 2016

I bought a 50" Magnavox HD TV 2 years ago. It won't turn on. Took it to shop to get it fixed. They tell me, Magnavox sold out & doesn't even make parts for the TVs. I'm out $750 & no TV. Magnavox used to be quality. Never again will I waste my money on Magnavox. Thanks.

Original review: May 9, 2016

On 8-18-15 we bought a 55" flat screen TV. In Feb 2016 it started turning itself on and off on channel 26.1 only. They came out to repair it in March. 3 weeks later it started to do it again. Another repair and the problem still exists. So when I call this time they tell me I have to send the TV to them and after they receive it they will send me another one. And it will take 2 to 3 weeks!! I don't feel I should have to be without a TV for that length of time for a problem that is not my fault and I certainly do not want a TV sent through the mail!!! This is certainly showing me that Magnavox is not a brand that can be trusted. There is not a phone number to the company other than the one for the warranty. Website hasn't been updated for years! Feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place! SO TOTALLY FRUSTRATED!!

Original review: May 3, 2016

I purchased a 55" flat screen Magnavox television November 2014 from a local Target store. It was a gift for my husband. The tv is hardly used because we are both busy and we also have a projector in our bedroom. It is mainly used for when we have guests. So now, it's May 2016 and the tv has a pixel going out and the panel needs to be replaced. The tv is highly regarded in this household (by my husband) so it is in emasculate condition. Never been dropped, nothing spilled on it, in climate controlled environment. There is absolutely no reason for this tv to be going out, other than a manufacturer defect.

I call Magnavox to see what they can do. After telling them the problem, and after them ADMITTING that it is a manufacturer defect, they tell me they are not replacing the tv because "the defect should have come out within a couple months and you, the consumer could have caused the defect." After a heated debate, I ended that conversation with the rep and decided to call a lawyer. I am currently waiting to hear back about my options for starting a class action lawsuit against Magnavox. Keep the complaints coming, I'm positive they will be needed.

Magnavox TV Company Information