1.64/5

94 Hisense TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Purchased around June 2018, everything works fine, including scanning for air antenna channels. In Oct 01, the system do auto updating, (no option to disable updating), I did a reset to the TV. Every previous settings were deleted, which include all previously scanned channels. The result was all TV channels were not available anymore. After calling support team and do several auto scanning (no option for manual scan), the system do recognized and gave 21 channels available during the scanning session, but after the process the result was NO channels at all.

Support team suspect weak signals, and ask for how the antenna system is set up. In Oct 3 after providing the antenna setup system info, which have the best antenna in the market, ClearStream 2V, and even have a pre-amplifier, no response. Follow up on Oct 9, still no response. Today is Oct 17 still no response. If you are looking for support, forget about it. Don't count on their warranty. It's a gamble to purchase Hisense products. It's a hit or missed.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought a Hisense 43” smart tv a couple months ago. It worked great for about 29 days then stopped working and froze up on the startup screen every time I have started the TV. I’ve tried everything to get it to work including contacting Hisense support, which they take 36+ hours to reply to you. 3 weeks later and still no working TV or money back. My advice stay away and get a TV for a better brand.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I purchased this product and within 3 months on, Aug 8th, the screen went black. Talking to Hisense customer service to resolve has been a nightmare. It took 4 weeks and 10 calls to their office for a repairman to come out. He couldn't fix it so they sent a shipping company to pick it up for return shipment and repair again. That was 3 weeks ago. They have not contacted me and I still have no TV! I call and all they say is someone will be getting back to me within 24-48hrs which doesn't happen. I've had 4 case numbers and today when I called they tried to say my TV was never picked up! Fortunately I kept a copy of the pick-up receipt or I would be out of $600!!! This company is shady. They just keep delaying hoping you will go away. Keep records with every receipt and case #. They won't refund or replace anything and they feel 2 mos is an acceptable time to wait for a repair!!! Don't buy Hisense crap.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased a Hisense television almost two years ago and powers up but blank screen. No sound, rebooted. Did it all. Just a horrible brand. After reading the most complaints seems a lot of same issues. Someone needs to shut this company down. Would never buy this brand again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Don’t waste your money on a Hisense TV. I have had nothing but problems since I bought it. I have high speed internet but it does not connect to Youtube, Netflix, etc or it will work and freeze. Worst product ever. Poor quality TV. I regret buying it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We bought Hisense TV 55" 4K in around March 2018 from Wal-Mart Stores. In just 2 months, first Youtube was not working, then TV was shut off with red solid light. When we made complaints to the Hisense Company, they said that wait for 48 hours and someone will call you. No one called us. Again we called and explained the situation, they sent the technicians after few days. Technician came and fix the issue and technician left. On the same day, again TV Shut off with red solid light and never turned on. Again called back to the company with the facts. Again got the same answer, wait for 48 hours and someone will call you. No one call us and TV is shut off. We are not watching any shows since 4 weeks and we lost our money. This is a GARBAGE TV, GARBAGE SERVICE AND GARBAGE COMPANY. MY ADVICE TO ALL THE CONSUMERS, "DO NOT BUY HISENSE, STAY AWAY".

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased this TV and after 2 years the picture went out but the sound was still working and then the next day the sound went. This brand is cheaper than most and now I know why. If you want a quality TV this is not the one.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I purchased a 4K UHD 65 TV Back in November (less than a year ago) from Sam's Club. It had a 4 year warranty on it. Worst mistake ever. The other week a line appeared on the side, then the next day another line appeared. Then several. Then several lines appeared horizontally. A little over a week passed and the screen started to flash. I called in a claims, sent pictures in, and within two days they said my screen was damaged and that voided my warranty but I can take it somewhere to have it fixed.

So a tv that is barely used, that is covered when not in use goes bad in less than a year and they can't be bothered by coming out to look at it. Just looked at pictures I sent and said it was damaged. After all this, they will not explain how they think it was damaged or even talk with me because my file has been closed. Not a great way to keep customers. Spend the extra money on a better tv and stay away from this brand. You think it is a good deal till the tv goes bad and they won't honor their warranty.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Bought TV based on reviews & price. DON’T BE FOOLED! By far: worst purchase EVER. Original TV didn’t work from day 1-Replaced with one that lasted 2.5 months. Customer service worthless. Save yourself, don’t do it!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

About 2 weeks ago the sound went out on Our 1 year old Hisense 55" TV. My husband was in bed so I Googled to see if I could find a solution. Someone had said to unplug the TV and reboot it. While trying to figure out which wire was for the TV, I accidentally tripped the power switch on the power strip and turned everything off. When it all rebooted, the sound was back on. Fast forward to yesterday, our month old 55" Hisense TV in the bedroom (Yes, we loved our living room TV so much we bought another Hisense for the bedroom!) went black! Yep, no picture!!

My husband tried everything to fix it. Then the picture came back on, but he noticed that when he was looking at the online TV Guide, the right side of the guide was missing so he rebooted the Dish Hopper. Everything came back on! Then TODAY the sound went off again in the living room! Again, we tried everything, we thought it might be the soundbar, so we unplugged it. We went into settings and checked everything there, unplugged and replugged the TV!! Nothing!! Then he said Maybe it's just this channel, so he switched stations. The picture froze!! SO... he rebooted the DISH HOPPER... and it was all fixed!! LONG STORY SHORT. If you lose your sound or your picture and have tried everything, before you put your foot through the screen... (Trust me, we were tempted!) try rebooting your satellite or cable! It worked for us. I hope our experience might help someone.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

On 4/16/16 I purchased a 40 inch Hisense TV. On 8/15/18 I turned it on, it showed a perfectly clear picture, as it always did (for about 10 minutes), then it just cut off. Since that time it has done this repeatedly. The company's customer service dept only advised reset settings. This did not work. Then they advised that I take it to a TV repair shop in my area (at my own expense), and of course it only comes with a 1 year warranty. I am a 67 year old female, on a fixed income, so this presents a hardship for me. I only wish I had researched this product before I purchased it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought a Hisense Tv back in 2015 and the other day my tv went out. I had sound but no picture. I called customer service and told them the problem I was having and they sent me a box to send my tv in to get it repaired. I sent it in and in 10 days I had my television back. But when I removed it from the box the screen was cracked. I called customer service to let them know what had happened and they took really good care of me. They sent me a brand new television. Not one time did any of this cost me a dime they paid for everything. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are the best. I have 5 Hisense tv's in my house and I would not want any other brand. The picture on my television is great. I would tell everyone they have the best customer service out there. Thanks Hisense for everything. Your brand will be the only one for me and my family from now on.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Yes I've had my TV since 2014 and it stopped on me last week. I called the company on the back because if they say it's not under warranty they would not help me with nothing. They wouldn't even try to help me go over anything on the TV. The guy was very rude and I had seen somebody else that their TV quit after 4 years. That's funny because that's how mine is after the service I got from their customers service. I will never buy them again either. The TV in the beginning was great. Great picture. Good sound. Allowed to customer service and product.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased Hisense TV 65N6800 05/07/18 and mounted in our conservatory using a VESA approved close fitting wall mount. Initially very pleased but within a few days I started to experience issues with the remote and also image freezing in Netflix and YouTube, only a power off/on would resolve the issue. I contacted Hisense and they immediately advised that I needed to upgrade the software (so known issue!!!). The software was delivered by email and I was instructed to download and unpack the software packet and plug into the TV USB port. However the TV was close mounted to the wall and needed to be removed from the wall in order to access the USB port. This I did and reattached the legs to perform the upgrade. It didn’t work!

I was now advised that Hisense would send me a patch on a USB stick in approx 5 days. I now proceeded to refit the TV to the wall mount, this went well and I watched the TV for 2 hours or so. I returned to the TV later to find that in switching in the screen appeared damaged with the center 1/3 of the screen blacked out. Hisense say I have and I have no claim on them and need to claim on my insurance.

I find it absolutely disgusting that a company firstly supplies a TV with a known fault (software). Then asks the customer to fix it, not knowing the level of competence of the customer nor the circumstances, detail or location of the installation. In directing the fix fails to detail the total frailty of the screen. The screen was not dropped or excess pressure applied at any point and I read of many other failed screens too. I would advise anyone else to demand Hisense perform the upgrade or wait for the upgrade via scheduled software upgrade within the TV's normal operating process. This was not offered to me. These TVs are very very delicate/frail! I would also ask Hisense as to what is the specified force to fail the screen?

Original review: July 30, 2018

I purchased a Hisense Television on February 23, 2018. Needless to say my remote control has already stopped working. When I called customer service everything the agent (Brittany) told me to do, I had already done the previous night 7-29-18, because I had done research and apparently this is a common thing with this company for their remote controls to just stop working, anyway she told me that my warranty was only good for 90 days and that I would have to purchase another remote control. What a load of bull, I purchased four TVs from them at my time of purchase and if I would have known this I would have never brought anything from them. I will be getting rid of your products and never using your company again.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased this Hisense 65" 4K TV in March 2018 that came with a 3 year warranty, by June 2018 the screen developed coloured vertical lines and patterns within 3 months. I contacted Hisense and described the issue with the screen and was told it is not covered by the warranty. They say it is damaged, we are aged pensioners and live alone with no children. How on earth can they say it is damaged. I cannot afford to buy another TV, we have been without a TV now since early June 2018. Disgusting after sales service Hisense!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I was blew away with the picture on the Hisense 4K TV so I bought one then was so blown away with the picture I went out and bought another one. 3 months later had problem with the first TV. Would not take updates. They sent me a motherboard and sent out a repair man out to replace it. The next year the same thing, plus the picture would freeze up. They sent some more parts out, and sent a repair man to replace the parts. My wife was at home when he arrived 4 hours late, she said he was in a bad mood. She said he laid the TV face down on our foot stool. Then when he removed the back of the TV he dropped some of the screws down in to the TV. He asked her to help pick up the TV and they heard the screws rattle inside of the TV. She had to ask him, "Aren't you going to get those screws out", so he had to lay the TV back down, take the back off and fish out the screws.

After I got home an hour later and turned on the TV, I seen a 3 inch white line on the screen, I called Hisense Customer service. They said they needed pictures of the screen. We sent them the pictures, I called them back a week later cause we had not heard from them and asked them about the TV screen and told them that our other Hisense TV would not turn on. They said the screen was cracked and they VOIDED my Warranty. I told them If it's cracked it would have to be scratched from the inside cause you could NOT feel a crack on the outside of the screen. They INSIST they are not liable that they personally did not work on the TV and they did not know who or what company came out to work on it.

I told them that they were responsible cause if the person that came out to work on the TV was not one of their regular employee then they hired someone to do the work for them, so they are responsible for the white line/crack? on the screen, then asked about my other TV. They informed me that I had NO WARRANTY on either of my TVs, I had called them several times to try to get this resolved with no avail. I Troy ** Will Never buy or recommend anyone to buy a Hisense product. Thank You and I will tell anyone my experience with Hisense customer service.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Our 65” 4K TV is not even 9 months old, and Hisense has been telling us for over 3 weeks that they will be sending a freight company to come and pick up our TV (in which they can’t tell me when). They also cannot tell me when they will be able to replace my broken TV. The worse experience I have ever had and will never buy another Hisense product ever again!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I bought Hisense TV 58 smart. The apps are in Russian and the ones that aren’t are in English just YouTube vids. Like it has only 49 apps all rubbish like the tv, the picture is crap. Have to settings to get them right but never right. Too dark, it the worst tv I ever bought. Hisense 58" smart p5 rubbish. Don’t waste your money. Service are dept rubbish. Don’t help. DON’T BUY: Hisense P5 58" Series 5 4K UHD Smart LED TV.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I bought Hisense 43" 4k LCD tv at Walmart. When I turned on tv I noticed color was a bit off. I played with tint, color, brightness, contrast. Later I adjusted red in advanced setting on picture. I was able to get realistic color on tv. Hisense 43" 4k tv is a great tv if you can adjust color to get realistic picture. Sound is also very good.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Bought the 43 inch 4k UHD out of the cheap TVs. 389 plus the 30 extended warranty. Set it up. Great picture and Roku TV. Hopefully it will last but Costco stands by its service and according to the techs and the salesman they are the high end scale for cheap TVs.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Bought a 65 inch TV from Hisense less than 2 months ago. Suddenly the screen started giving problems and one fine day, it stopped working. When switched on, there seems to be crack on the inside. When contacted Hisense, they said the fault lies on us and they can't repair or replace it. They didn't even send the technician to take a look at it and immediately claim that it was our fault. Would any TV owner break their own TV which is less than 2 months old and within a warranty which Hisense does not want to cover??? Wrote to the manager of Hisense in Australia and it's been nearly weeks and still no reply. I first contacted Hisense customer support 1st week of May and now it's gonna be end of June... the worst TV company ever! Never going to buy any products from them ever!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Bought Hisense TV 50N3000UW, after tech guy installed it and left it stopped working, I just couldn't turn it on, the red light was on all the time. I have tried to unplug it from the power source for 10, 15, 60 min, didn't help. Waiting for the vendor to give me comment on that, but I won't probably watch the World Cup on it any time soon and my trust in this product and the manufacturer is at the lowest level.

Original review: June 16, 2018

DON'T BUY HISENSE! I recently bought a Hisense TV. Within a month the TV was already giving me problems. There were lines on the bottom of the screen. I called the manufacturer and they wanted me to take pictures of the TV. I sent them the pictures, and the manufacturer decided that my TV had to be replaced. They sent me a box for shipping. I would say it took the manufacturer approx. 3 weeks to send me my TV back. Once I received the repair unit, it was in worse shape. It look like someone jumped up and down on the screen then sent it back to me.

I called customer service and they were completely useless. They wanted to send me a new box, which would take about a week to get to me. Then I would've had to send the broken TV in that box and expect another week to get there. So, we're talking about another 3 weeks for me to get my TV back the second time. I feel at this time the company is just screwing around with me. I call and request to speak with a manager or supervisor. But my request is always denied. At this point I'm not sure what to do but to take legal action against Hisense. Again, please consider your options before buying a product from Hisense.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My Hisense 50” smart tv was 6 mths old & died on me recently. I emailed Hisense Canada, they replied and said my situation is under review & a decision would be made in the next 2 business days. 4 days went by with no reply so I called Visions in Airdrie where I bought it and they said to call SM electronics in Cochrane, they do all the Hisense warranty work. I called them, they picked the tv up within the hour, said it would be done the next week. It's been 3 weeks now, I've called several times and kept saying the part was on backorder. Finally they said they will come by next Tues to give my tv back, I ended having to go to my parents house to watch the rest of the Stanley Cup playoffs, when they said I would have it back before then. I am very dissatisfied with the Hisense experience and feel if they couldn't get the parts in a reasonable time then my unit should have been replaced. I will never buy Hisense again.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Bought 2 48" Hisense TVs in May, 2014. The picture went on 1 of them 2 weeks ago and had to buy another tv to replace it. The picture went out on the 2nd one last week. Kind of strange they both lasted 4 years almost to the day of when they were bought. Pretty sad that stuff you buy these days doesn't last like things that used to be made in America back in the good old days.

Original review: May 27, 2018

55" 4K Smart TV was in service less than 8 hours when it began to smoke and make a sizzling sound. TV was immediately unplugged and fire ceased almost immediately. Horrifying experience. Will return to Walmart for refund and damages.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Customer service is really poor, they don’t know how to put report in case number even they created the case number. This is my 3rd time to send my TV to Hisense warehouse. Every time they sends me back without repair. In my life is big mistake to pay less and get trash. I shouldn’t trust Hisense after all. Everyone want to pay reasonable amount of anything. So do I. Anyway my TV is 4th time in workshop at Hisense warehouse and when I called them after week to making sure this time if lucky the fix problem but none. I spoke to supervisor and I have told, "Yes we fix your panel screen cause had dots on it."

In 4th time I been explaining every single time my TV is not capable to on Netflix and YouTube. I don’t care TV cable cause I only watch Netflix and YouTube but supervisor answers usually, "Sorry we haven’t sure if repair shop already fix the problem or not." Then why you guys creating case number if not updated in there. Please I recommend everyone who see this review is true and honest. Hisense are cheap prize to buy TV also cheap customer service as well products too.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Purchased a 55" smart tv from Wal-Mart in 2015. Loved the tv. Had a great picture. The moment I took it out of the box and hung it on the wall it had problems. Everything had to get updated right out of the box??? Brand new tv and all the apps, and operating software is out of date. Raised my concerns right away. Called customer service and they walked me through the process. Everything started to work except Youtube. Called back. Was informed it needed a software update. She made a case and informed me I would be contacted. Time went on since it wasn't important, and forgotten about. Called back several months to find out what was happening. Now they stated that have new software and were unable to locate my ticket number. I requested another ticket and they sent out a tech to look at my tv.

Tech shows up without the part (main CPU board). He said Hisense recommended replacing. Rescheduled for another day saying part was in his office. Came back and installed, he then left before checking if that resolved issues. After I got tv back up and running called and informed him it didn't work. He called Hisense and said they would be sending out another board, and they would contact me. Never was called nor did I receive new board. Called back several months later and it was all rescheduled and same tech came back out. Replaced the same board. Still didn't not work. Now the tv would randomly shut off, Youtube still didn't work. He spoke to Hisense again from my home, they told him they would contact me with further instructions. NEVER WAS CONTACTED AGAIN.

Several weeks passed and I called Hisense again with the same stupid customer service wanting to try and do a master reset of tv. Nothing ever working. They ordered to have new shop tv to then to fix. They sent me box and shopping labels, sent tv for repairs. When I received my tv back not only did Youtube not work, Netflix had been deleted from tv apps, the screen was damaged, and tv still randomly shut off. I took pictures and immediately contacted Hisense and sent pictures. Days later I got a call back from manager and he ordered another return of tv for repair. They sent another box, labels and tv was sent back. I was contacted after a couple weeks saying it was unfixable. They will be sending me a new tv. Being that my model is now outdated they will send me the newest edition.

Upon receiving the new tv BOX I opened to find my same model tv but was someone else's old dirty scratched tv. This tv had ask the same issues as my tv I sent for repairs redirect the damaged screen. I called immediately and spoke to Hisense and the manager told me that they will not send a new tv out for a warranty replacement, it will be refurbished/like new. I explained that this tv was in worse condition than mine I sent in. Asked for a supervisor/manager to call me. Once again NEVER RECEIVED A CALL!! I called again and finally spoke to a supervisor and he escalated the issue. He eventually called me back after about week and a half explaining a full refund will be issued, and to send back the tv. So another box, shipping label was sent, and tv was returned.

After a couple weeks go by I receive another tv from Hisense via FedEx, I never even opened. Called Hisense immediately and spoke to the same supervisor, explained how I received another tv and why? He was unaware why I received tv that refund was already approved. He sent another shipping label and I returned tv. Called again after a couple weeks go by and try to speak to supervisor which they did none area available. This is going on 6 weeks and still have not received money and them saying it has been processed. This company SUCKS!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Terrible customer service, never get called back after being assured someone will. They claim to be the 3rd largest tv manufacturer in the world. That is SAD!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

The motherboard and/or Android application - I for this 55" 55H6 TV with my insurance library after my house caught fire and I almost died and lost my arm 10/2015. A few weeks before Super Bowl or started blacking out, freeze channels and stuck pic frames. They sent A tech or he replace the motherboard. The next day it attracted doing the same **. I call him back. He referred me to Hisense again. It took A few conversations from an inexperienced customer service rep to send me another box 2 weeks later for them to have my tv 6 weeks and I missed the games at my house with my friends. Had to go out.

Now it 4/2018. It's doing the same thing. Can't open some apps. Error message state not enough space a lot. Gotta unplug poorer and fervor often. Counting on Hisense to take care of the problem. It's a joke. I'm upset with myself for trying to save a few bucks (cause I lost everything to my life). I paying more for the decision later. I should've researched first or stuck to LG or Samsung. But I trust I'm among the losers that fell for scam.

Hisense TVs Company Information