3.01/5

144 Hisense TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought this TV on 7-16-2015 mainly because of price plus a 4 year warranty. On 2-28-2919 the TV went dark. There was a picture but was so dim it was very hard to see. I called Hisense customer service, told them what the problem was, they checked for a local service provider. Since there was none they sent me a empty box which arrived 4 days later. Called FedEx for pickup and it arrived in Georgia 5 days later. So far the warranty service has been quite painless. The tv lasted a long time and Hisense customer service has been good.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

When I thought a ghost was playing with the channels suddenly changing, the screen would go blank, the remote stopped working. After looking online at the booklet that is only online and not with the tv. Did a factory reset and it stopped all the problems I was having. Makes sense since I have to upload new stuff for my tablets and everything else. The single most thing I don’t know how to work or it doesn't exist is the channel guide of what’s coming on. Nonetheless I have had this set for a few years now. Just realize a smart tv is like a tablet and tv in one, occasionally you have to update things.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My husband bought this 50 in TV for me for our bedroom. A month later, the TV quit working. I called customer service, they emailed me info to return it to them. Within 3 business days, a brand new TV at my door! They could not have even received the broken one yet! This was almost a year ago, and we are so happy with this TV. Give it a chance people!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

About 2 weeks ago the sound went out on Our 1 year old Hisense 55" TV. My husband was in bed so I Googled to see if I could find a solution. Someone had said to unplug the TV and reboot it. While trying to figure out which wire was for the TV, I accidentally tripped the power switch on the power strip and turned everything off. When it all rebooted, the sound was back on. Fast forward to yesterday, our month old 55" Hisense TV in the bedroom (Yes, we loved our living room TV so much we bought another Hisense for the bedroom!) went black! Yep, no picture!!

My husband tried everything to fix it. Then the picture came back on, but he noticed that when he was looking at the online TV Guide, the right side of the guide was missing so he rebooted the Dish Hopper. Everything came back on! Then TODAY the sound went off again in the living room! Again, we tried everything, we thought it might be the soundbar, so we unplugged it. We went into settings and checked everything there, unplugged and replugged the TV!! Nothing!! Then he said Maybe it's just this channel, so he switched stations. The picture froze!! SO... he rebooted the DISH HOPPER... and it was all fixed!! LONG STORY SHORT. If you lose your sound or your picture and have tried everything, before you put your foot through the screen... (Trust me, we were tempted!) try rebooting your satellite or cable! It worked for us. I hope our experience might help someone.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought a Hisense Tv back in 2015 and the other day my tv went out. I had sound but no picture. I called customer service and told them the problem I was having and they sent me a box to send my tv in to get it repaired. I sent it in and in 10 days I had my television back. But when I removed it from the box the screen was cracked. I called customer service to let them know what had happened and they took really good care of me. They sent me a brand new television. Not one time did any of this cost me a dime they paid for everything. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are the best. I have 5 Hisense tv's in my house and I would not want any other brand. The picture on my television is great. I would tell everyone they have the best customer service out there. Thanks Hisense for everything. Your brand will be the only one for me and my family from now on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: May 20, 2019

Purchased a Hisense smart TV 9 months ago with a 5 year warranty from Costco. Recently a software problem developed which was known to the company and they said they were dealing with the matter. I was advised to carry out a factory reset which I did and the TV worked for a few hours. After repeated calls they sent a software update in the form of a USB stick. This worked for an hour and the problem returned. Since then they have said a phone call could be expected within 24-48 hours from the technical division. The call would then arrange for an engineer to attend the site for a possible repair/pickup of the unit. I feel that a software update should be something that could be carried out in a matter of minutes.

Since the company was aware of the problem previously, customers should have been notified and the update carried out, prior to the customers having to complain about the poor service and product. I reported the matter to Costco who have noted the problems but are unable to help any further, it's the manufacturer who has to deal with it. I remain very disappointed with the quality of the product and service division and certainly would not recommend Hisense to a prospective buyer.

Original review: May 17, 2019

We purchased a Hisense TV three and a half years ago. Decided to buy the extended warranty since we were retiring and moving. Sure enough the picture went black after three and a half years. Been trying to deal with the warranty people at Hisense for over two weeks. They requested that we send a short video of what the TV was doing, a picture of the back of the TV, and a picture of the receipt. We have sent it three times! Even sent it to my husband's email to make sure it got through. Each time we sent the pictures we have received a non reply email thanking us for sending the pictures. Still no response from the company.

Original review: April 24, 2019

My TV broke while under warranty and their process for TV repair was very drawn out. It took 3 months for my TV to returned "fixed" and it seemed like they just wanted me to forget about it and buy a new TV throughout the entire process. 3 months after my TV was returned, it began having the same problem again. I called to have them fix it again, but they told me that my warranty expired 3 months ago and refuse to fix it/replace it/refund my money for a product that is clearly defective. This company's customer service is terrible and would rather rip off their customers than supply them with a functional product.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Buyer Beware. Purchased a Hisense 55” Flat TV. For months, the screen would become shorter and eventually the TV would turn off. Two weeks ago, the left panel of the TV was blurred. Then we began to smell plastic burning. Unplugged the TV, contacted Hisense to discover the 1 year or 2 year warranty has expired. I stated 1 year or 2 year warranty because the 1st representative stated Hisense honored a 1 year warranty. Weeks later the 2nd representative stated a 2 year warranty. Interesting that Hisense has burning issues with their TVs. They won’t stand behind their product. Buyer Beware...

Original review: April 9, 2019

Bought a 50 inch 4k Hisense TV 2018 during Black Friday promotion. I hadn't opened the box until recently in April when I decided to use the TV.. Opened the box only to find the screen is damaged. Reported this to the store and they were not helpful at all... Now I'm stuck with a brand new TV that I have never used, which can't show any pictures. I'm not happy.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We purchased our 40 inch Hisense flatscreen through National R.T.O. a little over or right at a year ago, and we are fortunate we haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. So I am thankful for that...

Original review: April 4, 2019

I bought a Hisense TV at the Black Friday event at Walmart (2018). Took it home, kept it upright, in the box, until March 6 2019. As soon as I turned it on, there were lines on the screen, so I called customer service to file a claim. I was instructed to take a picture of the screen and send it to them so their adjusters could review it. I received several emails and texts saying they could not see the picture. Finally 3 weeks after I initially called customer service, I was informed that the screen was "cracked" and not covered under their warranty. Walmart won't discuss a refund as it is more than 30 days since the purchase.

I asked the Hisense customer service rep to speak to a supervisor. After 7 minutes on hold, she informed me that there were no supervisors there at that time. She offered to have someone call me back. I did receive the return call, and was informed that damage, whether accidental or not, incurred during shipping, or at the retailer, was not covered and there is no recourse from them. If neither the seller nor the manufacturer stands behind their merchandise, what good are they?

Original review: April 1, 2019

I bought a Sharp (Hisense) TV in November 2018 and have just had trouble nearly from the get go. Their customer service is lackluster and clueless. It's April 1 and still dealing with the stupidity. I have had various cases open to repair (firmware and hardware) and now I am having to send it in for repair/replacement. They won't offer an advanced exchange or do anything that is remotely customer friendly. They just won't budge. I would highly recommend not purchasing any TV that has Hisense or Sharp branding. Don't... Just don't...

Original review: March 30, 2019

I am an ex TV engineer and loved the picture and the way the TV worked until it started shutting off on its own after 6 months. TV was sent back via their courier. After 4 weeks I contacted them and they said it had been dropped. I have a photo taken the day before it was collected as requested by them showing TV was not damaged in the area they sent a photo of as proof. I sent them my photo but they do not want to know. I bought it from Argos but they also do not want to know. As a TV engineer and an honest person I am livid at Hisense and advise you use common sense before buying this TV.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I bought a Hisense 40 in flat screen on November 22, 2018 at Walmart. It worked fine till 2 weeks ago. The picture show two circles on the left bottom of the screen and would shut off after 15 minutes (the tv is not even a year by manufacturer date) so call company and had to send it back too. 2 boxes before I could ship it. Would not recommend this product. I have no TV till they fix it. It would have been cheaper to send a technician out to look at the TV than have to wait for it to come back.

Original review: March 27, 2019

We bought a Hisense TV the 55 in smart 4K TV. Had it for about 3 months until something internally blew. We were not home and came home to the TV with a blown screen. It was fine earlier that morning. It has been acting up since we got it. Walmart would not take it back and Hisense would not replace the parts so now I have a non-working three-month-old TV that we bought with taxes and it up spending a fortune for it and they will not fix it. So if you're looking into buying a TV do you not buy Hisense or Emerson considering they own both and we bought both Brands and got screwed really bad for both.

The Emerson TV on the other hand just decided to not turn on anymore after 3 months. There's nothing wrong with the screen. Nothing wrong with the power cord. We bought a total of 3 TVs and only one is working which really sucks. Then they told us to send them pictures. They did not send anybody out to my house and they claim that we damaged the TVs even though there wasn't not even a scuff or a mark on the TV which is really irritating. So I paid extra money for the warranty when I bought them for them to do nothing nor send anyone out.

I would never recommend this brand to anyone. I will stick with my Westinghouse and my Vizios from now on. At least I know I've had them for at least 7 years and they are perfectly fine and have had no issues. Good luck to anyone who buys this brand. I have emails to verify everything that I am speaking of and the lady was very rude on the phone.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I shopped around for a new TV for a long time before deciding on my Hisense. I got every Penny's worth out of the deal and my TV to this day still remains one of my favorite purchases.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The television has an extensive favorites menu, great program descriptions, great picture quality, and was very easy to setup. The price of the television made it an excellent value for the screen size. It is an excellent replacement for a smaller television I had in my sunroom and has not been effected by the changes in temperature.

Original review: March 16, 2019

So I purchased this Hisense 55 inch 4k ultra smart TV in March 2018. I was so excited to get the tv. Got it home set it up and things were fine at first. I was a little sad NO Hulu. Can't even download it. Then it about a month later went black and I had to unplug it to get it to work again. Ok then February 2019 comes around and all of a sudden the tv is now making YouTube work terrible and then freeze, even Netflix is now kicking me back to the smart TV home screen and won't let me log back in unless I unplug the tv. Then I have to re-enter login info every time I have to unplug the tv which is up to five times a day. I have even done a factory reset on the tv and that made no improvement.

Called Walmart to try and get a refund. Nope call the protection plan. So I called the protection plan customer service, they say, "Oh well this is still under Hisense warranty which expires in two days you have to call them." So I called them on February 26, 2019 and today is March 16th 2019. I still have not had this matter taken care of. Supposedly it is in a tier 2 priority, but they know nothing and I am still having to unplug my TV up to five times a day. Sometimes buying cheap doesn't pay out. It makes me really sad that something that I can't afford to just run out and buy and I finally save enough money to do so I am duped into a really shawty make of a tv. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Hisense, formerly known as Sharp and now as both, need I say more. I purchased a 49H6E 07/2018 from a major retail .com. Although Hisense TVs come with the usual built in auto update feature, Hisense does not provide the service at their end. I followed the links to the support section of the Hisense website where Hisense claimed customers could download product manuals and firmware updates. The support page was empty (go see for yourself) except for a disclaimer stating to call the CS number to receive firmware updates by email. I tried over and over, It took forever to get even a first response. I could not get them to send a single update. The model was almost immediately discontinued soon after that.

Original review: March 8, 2019

So far we have had 3 of them and in my opinion they're very reliable. What I would like to see is having the built-in speakers at the front of the TV rather than the back. However this is a small complaint as I guess most flat screens come like that.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I purchased a 55H6D which is the 4K smart tv at Walmart for $348 and the warranty through Asurion on 4/20/18. It was my first 4K television and I didn’t have a lot to spend at the moment so it was a bit of an impulse. I came home from work on 2/27/19 and turned it on, and there are large vertical lines running down the left side of the screen and horizontally across the screen. I immediately tried to file a claim through Asurion but since it was less than a year I had to call Hisense and was instructed to send a picture from my phone to the service department and given a reference number. A day later I am informed by someone, sitting somewhere, with what experience I don’t know that my screen is cracked. It’s hanging on the wall, I haven’t touched it!

There is not so much as a fingerprint on the screen or bezel. It’s internal... so how did it get there?? I didn’t pay thousands like I have read some people have but I still expect NOT to be called a liar, or a cheat and for my tv to last more than 10 months!! Stand by your product! No one even gave me a chance. In addition the TV was never a very good picture and had erratic sound between programs. I bought a TCL 6 series and see what the picture should have looked like to begin with! These companies spend pennies on the dollar to make the product and we are at their mercy when they don’t stand behind their products. Don’t buy Hisense.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I bought this 60 inch TV on sale. We do not have cable and so rely on. Should have known better to buy the cheapest but reviews on picture quality were good, but didn't realize I should also be looking at its operating system. This model does not have Roku or any other N.A. familiar TV system. Doesn't support many apps, the usual, Weather Channel and Netflix. So it has become a pain and the only way around that is to cast from my phone or Surface which just degrades the streaming programme even more. Picture quality seems fine but it's not a very Smart TV. It's fine if all you want to watch is Netflix, Weather Channel and YouTube.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We bought a 4k back in 2016 for an incredible price on a Black Friday sale thinking if it's garbage we will return it. As it turned out the picture on the vivid setting was better than what we expected. This product for the money probably has one of the best picture quality dollar for dollar. Now here's the downside. Within 16 months the screen went blank. You can hear the audio but no picture. Called customer service and was truly surprised at the level of customer support. We had tossed the original box so they sent us a new one. Packed it up and shipped it back by FedEx on a Hisense prepaid shipping label.

To our surprise we received the unit back within a week. AWESOME! Now here's the downside. Yesterday we encountered the same issue but now it's out of warranty. Haven't yet made any inquiries about repairing or replacing. Here's my opinion. When it's working the picture quality can be compared to units costing twice as much. I would suggest that if you can find the tv with an extended warranty with a cost savings that justifies the purchase. Buy it knowing that perhaps the lifespan of the unit will probably be shorter than a more expensive unit perhaps.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Purchased a Hisense 60 inch TV in Sept. 2018, with a 3 year extended warranty. In Feb., less than 6 months after purchase, the remote control stopped working. Television has a one year manufacturers warranty, and a three year extended warranty, but the remote is not covered. I was told I have to purchase a new remote.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My only complaint is the sound. In order to get any good sound out of this TV you have to buy their Roku speaker. I find this extremely disappointing and will be returning this TV. I have owned several other brands of TVs and this is by far the worst for sound.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Have had Hisense Smart TV since November 2019. Unable to get Netflix or Stan... Have been on the phone so many times to try and sort out what is going on. Have also contacted both Netflix and Stan direct and advised fault is with Hisense. Have been promised call backs from Hisense... DOES NOT HAPPEN. So will be returning my Hisense Smart TV for a full refund and going with Samsung... Call centre very unhelpful. Shortest wait time was 50 mins. Had enough. My advise do not buy Hisense. Absolutely disgraceful.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The Hisense TV company and the warranty don't cover anything.. it hardly had anything smart about the TV. Their customer service are rude, this has tought me a lesson not to ever buy one. Samsung is the best TV I ever bought... LG is even better. They didn't do anything to help my issues with this TV.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

This TV has been nothing but a utter disappointment. They are priced reasonably for what they "advertise" you will receive as perks of app usage but that is completely FALSE. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! This problem has persisted since the initial purchase with little to no help from constant calls to customer service. The TV once powered off will automatically restart itself within a 2-3 minute period. The technical support team at Hisense are unable to assist you in this matter and are primarily set on retrieving extensive personal information which is not needed to be obtain by us the consumer. Worst experience I've ever had with a smart TV purchase & will not be buying this brand again. The problem still persists, the only fix is unplugging the TV after each use. This brand of TV is nothing more than a hassle for any person trying to purchase the product for relaxation in their leisure time.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I heard a lot of good things about this brand, so when I decided to trade my 11 years old Philips for a new 4K TV I picked this one, that was 150 euros cheaper than a Samsung. Although it's not terrible, and feels OK for a standard use, I have a lot of major issues: Contrast is horrendous. If you watch a 4K movie on Netflix, during dark scenes, everything will look blurry and unnatural (after a professional calibration that is). Daylight scenes are beautiful though. Internal OS is laggy at best, and buggy sometimes. For example, I have to disconnect/reconnect my Netflix account once every few days in order for it to work.

Most of the software image enhancement options make no sense: the dynamic contrast mostly destroys your color settings, and the dynamic lightning keeps brightening and dimming the image all the time, that is obvious and annoying while playing video games. There is no dedicated game mode. It's okay-ish to "just" watch TV, it's decent to play games, but don't expect a home cinema experience with this TV. After one week I've already swapped it for a slightly more expensive Samsung that has very good professional reviews.

Hisense TVs Company Information