1.48/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

108 Hisense TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We have had a Hisense Smart TV for approximately 3 years. It has never had any ability to download additional apps as most smart TVs allow. Even the so called app store that was on it never allowed us to add apps to our TV. The apps that came pre-installed never have any ability to be even updated. It had issues of constantly freezing after maybe 30 min of use. Eventually it just turned off and would not turn on again even though it was evident there was still power to the device.

When Hisense was contacted they didn't even offer any solutions or fixes for the TV which we would have self repaired as we cannot afford a new TV at this time. Their solution was to tell us to buy another TV. It is HORRIBLE that a TV that cost as much as this one did had such a short lifespan. I have TVs that cost less 10 years ago that have gone through hell and back but still work and this one stopped working after just 3 years. I will not be buying this brand again. I will stick with more reputable brands such as Samsung, LG, Sony and Sylvania which has quality products made to last.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Those who are planning to buy this TV, please listen. I bought this TV for World Cup games and it stops working after 3 months. It took me one month to get technician to come and see. He refused to even open the TV just because he saw one dead bug. I called company. They simply say that warranty is void due to bug. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS TV. GARBAGE QUALITY AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I purchased a Hisense TV August 2018 from Aafes, what HUGE mistake in purchasing a cheap TV. The TV stopped working in September 2018 just over a month of purchase. Called Hisense and found out that the manufacturer/company is owned by Sharp corporation, that is why they have the audacity to say, "We are the 3rd leading television manufacturer's in the world", they belong to Sharp.

They sent someone out to fix the TV 4-5 days later, because he had to wait for new internal boards to come in, well he takes TV apart and installs new boards, then sets up stations, ask me to come in the room and check, to view a working product. Well the TV wouldn't even turn on, he states maybe they sent him defective boards, he talks to the company, they said they will order new boards. One week later I get a call stating the boards are in, we need to set up an appointment. That person come out, puts in the new boards, 2 weeks later the screen starts going black, but the sound is still going. I have to turn off the TV and turn back on.

After about a week of doing this, I call Hisense again. They have me send in the TV, it can't be fixed and they will be sending me (get this) a LIKE NEW TV, I told them I brought a NEW TV, not like New, so why can't I get get a brand new TV or my money back, the only thing I get is an unacceptable apology. I have owned Samsung and Vizio TVs for years, no problems, get this piece of junk and issues from day 32. Consumers beware. Hisense/Sharp TV are not worth any of our hard earned money.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Bought a Hisense Tv from Argos, 6 days later the picture went!!! Called the customer service. Got no help and told to go back to Argos. They said I had to return the 50 in TV myself to store for refund!!! I don't drive and now I have to hire a van to return to store which will cost me £20!!! Rubbish!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I purchased a TV in February of this year. The television went out on November 4, I contacted this company the same day! I went through hell and high water to finally get them to send someone out to attempt to service the TV on November 28! It took almost a month to get this scheduled, only to have the technician inform me that the TV is not repairable! I called them the next day and was informed that I would have to send the TV in to repair!

The best resolution for my issue (considering how long I’ve been without my TV and how many rude/unprofessional employees I’ve spoken with) would be to send a replacement! But because this company cares nothing about their customers they are now telling me I have to wait another 2 days for their freight department to contact me so the TV can be picked up! I’ve never been through this much trouble with any company! I’ve opened a case with BBB! Please do not waste your time or money with this company! You will regret it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased this TV in September. The antenna/cable connection would not work. After weeks of haggling a repairman came and replaced a part. It worked for two weeks when same problem re-occurred. Again weeks of hassle, promises of repair, no repairman came, I called again to be told there was no repairman available in my area and I will have to ship it back for them to repair. Why couldn't they have informed me that I needed to ship it back? Why wait until I call AGAIN to tell me that no one is coming?

I have now owned this piece of trash for 3 months, of which it worked for 2 weeks, and I'm waiting AGAIN for them to send me materials for me to ship it back to them and maybe I will have a working TV by next year??? I can only hope. So far I have 3 months of frustration, disappointment, anger, but no functioning TV. I would seriously reconsider if you are thinking of buying a Hisense product.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My husband bought this 50 in TV for me for our bedroom. A month later, the TV quit working. I called customer service, they emailed me info to return it to them. Within 3 business days, a brand new TV at my door! They could not have even received the broken one yet! This was almost a year ago, and we are so happy with this TV. Give it a chance people!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I have a Hisense 50 and just over a month a dead pixel showed almost in the middle of my tv. It wasn't enough pixels gone for them to do anything. Not happy. Then now after less than 2 years it shuts off and comes on by itself. And can't turn it off. As I have to physically unplug the TV or power and once I turn it back on after plugging it back in, it acts normal and eventually it will do it again. I called 3 times then they told me to call a tech to fix it. I will never ever buy a Hisense product. We went out and bought a new TV. A name that's been around forever.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I have a Hisense 40" and it will stop responding to the remote control by not turning off or change the input at all and has been turning off then on by itself! I have to physically unplug the TV or power off the power strip it's plugged into, and once I turn it back on after plugging it back in, it acts Normal and eventually do it again! Please help me with what I should do while my set isn't under warranty any longer and should I try manually updating firmware?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

This TV was a Christmas present and I liked it at first... Then it was downhill. Didn’t take long to have an issue... When I called they sent me a box and I had to ship it out. They then sent me a broken TV. I had to send it back... Then they sent me one with a messed up screen. I sent it back... Then a tv that was used and looked like someone took stickers off with a buffer. It was still sticky... I sent it back. They sent me the same TV back so I had to send it back again. Then they sent me one in March and it broke, when I called about the screen changing colors they wanted me to send it back but then said never mind we can’t help you the replacement warranty ran out. It had been three months. Never again will I buy a product from them. I even saved all the emails, pictures and case numbers just to remind me.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

This TV is huge, very nice in picture quality and size. But this is the cheapest TV I've ever had. It freezes up at least 3 times a month and takes several hours and sometimes a day or 2 to randomly start working again. After trying to reset it, unplug it, restart it, nothing seems to fix the issue. It's a common issue with the TV brand. Would not recommend. It is very frustrating to deal with. Makes having the TV pointless if you can't use it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Absolute garbage customer service. Bought a 60 inch Hisense TV from them and the screen died in 2 months. 15 calls to these people just to get them moving on my case and that included a conversation with a supposed manager who was just as useless as his employees, this guy promised to keep me up to date on if they were going to have my TV sent in for repairs or to send me a new one. 10 days went by and not a peep and then they ship a TV out with an even exchange clause on it without ever telling me until the day before delivery was scheduled.

I was not about to deal with these people any longer as a month had already gone by so I tossed the TV and bought another different brand TV, who wants to go without tv for a month or longer? So then the TV arrives and I called them yet again and demanded to speak with a manager twice and was DENIED. Yes denied. Who does that? They took the TV back because I no longer had the broken one despite the fact that they never informed me that anything was going to be done and never communicated with me as promised. I have all of their conversations recorded and the pictures of the broken TV, so now I need to decide if I want to sue the company or just take the loss. :( WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We bought a 65 in 4K tv from Walmart in June 2018. On 9-18/18, the tv froze after doing a software update. After speaking with Hisense 9 times since 9/18/18, we still have no resolution. We’ve been told so many conflicting things. They sent an email with detailed instructions on how to update the firmware, yet the file they sent doesn’t contain the item they said to use. I called back, explaining the email didn’t work only for them to resend the exact email. When I called again on 9/24/18, I was told they would mail me a USB that was preloaded with the files we need. On 10/2/18, I noticed that our incident had a note that stated canceled by HIS. I called and they assured me the USB would be mailed by the end of the week. On 10/11/18, I contacted them again since we still had no USB and was told it was mailed on 10/5/18 and that it should arrive the next day.

Of course it didn’t so I contacted them again 10/12/18 and was told it would be here any day. On 10/21/18, I called and asked to speak to a manager. He told me he really couldn’t help but would send an email to management. He said there should be a response no later than 10/23/18 and that I could receive an email or phone call. He also said there was no need for me to call back to check the status, that they would call me with any updates. After no call or email, I contacted them yet again on 10/25/18 and was told they’re still waiting on a reply from management and it could be 7 days.

We are so frustrated! After over 5 weeks, we STILL HAVE NO WORKING TV! There’s no way it should take 5+ weeks to fix a brand new tv. No one seems to take this seriously and we are our hundreds of dollars with a useless tv. We are also outside of our 90 day return window. Stay away from Hisense!!! Customer service is useless and I finally had one rep admit that this is a known issue with these tv. We are fed up!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought a Hisense Smart TV 50 inch on October 2nd 2017. On October 12th 2018 the TV stopped working. It would be on for 20 minutes and then it would shut itself off. This has been happening every single day since the 12th of October. We spoke with about eight different people at Hisense and they sent a repairman out yesterday and he replaced the motherboard but it changed nothing. We called them again today and they said that the repairman said everything was fine. He left before the TV was even put on again and the same thing happened, after 20 minutes the TV shut off on its own. I was horrified after reading so many negative reviews and I also am angry at WALMART for selling such a defective product and for dealing with such a disreputable company as HISENSE.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Purchased around June 2018, everything works fine, including scanning for air antenna channels. In Oct 01, the system do auto updating, (no option to disable updating), I did a reset to the TV. Every previous settings were deleted, which include all previously scanned channels. The result was all TV channels were not available anymore. After calling support team and do several auto scanning (no option for manual scan), the system do recognized and gave 21 channels available during the scanning session, but after the process the result was NO channels at all.

Support team suspect weak signals, and ask for how the antenna system is set up. In Oct 3 after providing the antenna setup system info, which have the best antenna in the market, ClearStream 2V, and even have a pre-amplifier, no response. Follow up on Oct 9, still no response. Today is Oct 17 still no response. If you are looking for support, forget about it. Don't count on their warranty. It's a gamble to purchase Hisense products. It's a hit or missed.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought a Hisense 43” smart tv a couple months ago. It worked great for about 29 days then stopped working and froze up on the startup screen every time I have started the TV. I’ve tried everything to get it to work including contacting Hisense support, which they take 36+ hours to reply to you. 3 weeks later and still no working TV or money back. My advice stay away and get a TV for a better brand.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I purchased this product and within 3 months on, Aug 8th, the screen went black. Talking to Hisense customer service to resolve has been a nightmare. It took 4 weeks and 10 calls to their office for a repairman to come out. He couldn't fix it so they sent a shipping company to pick it up for return shipment and repair again. That was 3 weeks ago. They have not contacted me and I still have no TV! I call and all they say is someone will be getting back to me within 24-48hrs which doesn't happen. I've had 4 case numbers and today when I called they tried to say my TV was never picked up! Fortunately I kept a copy of the pick-up receipt or I would be out of $600!!! This company is shady. They just keep delaying hoping you will go away. Keep records with every receipt and case #. They won't refund or replace anything and they feel 2 mos is an acceptable time to wait for a repair!!! Don't buy Hisense crap.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Purchased a Hisense television almost two years ago and powers up but blank screen. No sound, rebooted. Did it all. Just a horrible brand. After reading the most complaints seems a lot of same issues. Someone needs to shut this company down. Would never buy this brand again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Don’t waste your money on a Hisense TV. I have had nothing but problems since I bought it. I have high speed internet but it does not connect to Youtube, Netflix, etc or it will work and freeze. Worst product ever. Poor quality TV. I regret buying it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We bought Hisense TV 55" 4K in around March 2018 from Wal-Mart Stores. In just 2 months, first Youtube was not working, then TV was shut off with red solid light. When we made complaints to the Hisense Company, they said that wait for 48 hours and someone will call you. No one called us. Again we called and explained the situation, they sent the technicians after few days. Technician came and fix the issue and technician left. On the same day, again TV Shut off with red solid light and never turned on. Again called back to the company with the facts. Again got the same answer, wait for 48 hours and someone will call you. No one call us and TV is shut off. We are not watching any shows since 4 weeks and we lost our money. This is a GARBAGE TV, GARBAGE SERVICE AND GARBAGE COMPANY. MY ADVICE TO ALL THE CONSUMERS, "DO NOT BUY HISENSE, STAY AWAY".

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased this TV and after 2 years the picture went out but the sound was still working and then the next day the sound went. This brand is cheaper than most and now I know why. If you want a quality TV this is not the one.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I purchased a 4K UHD 65 TV Back in November (less than a year ago) from Sam's Club. It had a 4 year warranty on it. Worst mistake ever. The other week a line appeared on the side, then the next day another line appeared. Then several. Then several lines appeared horizontally. A little over a week passed and the screen started to flash. I called in a claims, sent pictures in, and within two days they said my screen was damaged and that voided my warranty but I can take it somewhere to have it fixed.

So a tv that is barely used, that is covered when not in use goes bad in less than a year and they can't be bothered by coming out to look at it. Just looked at pictures I sent and said it was damaged. After all this, they will not explain how they think it was damaged or even talk with me because my file has been closed. Not a great way to keep customers. Spend the extra money on a better tv and stay away from this brand. You think it is a good deal till the tv goes bad and they won't honor their warranty.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Bought TV based on reviews & price. DON’T BE FOOLED! By far: worst purchase EVER. Original TV didn’t work from day 1-Replaced with one that lasted 2.5 months. Customer service worthless. Save yourself, don’t do it!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

About 2 weeks ago the sound went out on Our 1 year old Hisense 55" TV. My husband was in bed so I Googled to see if I could find a solution. Someone had said to unplug the TV and reboot it. While trying to figure out which wire was for the TV, I accidentally tripped the power switch on the power strip and turned everything off. When it all rebooted, the sound was back on. Fast forward to yesterday, our month old 55" Hisense TV in the bedroom (Yes, we loved our living room TV so much we bought another Hisense for the bedroom!) went black! Yep, no picture!!

My husband tried everything to fix it. Then the picture came back on, but he noticed that when he was looking at the online TV Guide, the right side of the guide was missing so he rebooted the Dish Hopper. Everything came back on! Then TODAY the sound went off again in the living room! Again, we tried everything, we thought it might be the soundbar, so we unplugged it. We went into settings and checked everything there, unplugged and replugged the TV!! Nothing!! Then he said Maybe it's just this channel, so he switched stations. The picture froze!! SO... he rebooted the DISH HOPPER... and it was all fixed!! LONG STORY SHORT. If you lose your sound or your picture and have tried everything, before you put your foot through the screen... (Trust me, we were tempted!) try rebooting your satellite or cable! It worked for us. I hope our experience might help someone.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

On 4/16/16 I purchased a 40 inch Hisense TV. On 8/15/18 I turned it on, it showed a perfectly clear picture, as it always did (for about 10 minutes), then it just cut off. Since that time it has done this repeatedly. The company's customer service dept only advised reset settings. This did not work. Then they advised that I take it to a TV repair shop in my area (at my own expense), and of course it only comes with a 1 year warranty. I am a 67 year old female, on a fixed income, so this presents a hardship for me. I only wish I had researched this product before I purchased it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought a Hisense Tv back in 2015 and the other day my tv went out. I had sound but no picture. I called customer service and told them the problem I was having and they sent me a box to send my tv in to get it repaired. I sent it in and in 10 days I had my television back. But when I removed it from the box the screen was cracked. I called customer service to let them know what had happened and they took really good care of me. They sent me a brand new television. Not one time did any of this cost me a dime they paid for everything. I just wanted to let everyone know that they are the best. I have 5 Hisense tv's in my house and I would not want any other brand. The picture on my television is great. I would tell everyone they have the best customer service out there. Thanks Hisense for everything. Your brand will be the only one for me and my family from now on.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Yes I've had my TV since 2014 and it stopped on me last week. I called the company on the back because if they say it's not under warranty they would not help me with nothing. They wouldn't even try to help me go over anything on the TV. The guy was very rude and I had seen somebody else that their TV quit after 4 years. That's funny because that's how mine is after the service I got from their customers service. I will never buy them again either. The TV in the beginning was great. Great picture. Good sound. Allowed to customer service and product.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased Hisense TV 65N6800 05/07/18 and mounted in our conservatory using a VESA approved close fitting wall mount. Initially very pleased but within a few days I started to experience issues with the remote and also image freezing in Netflix and YouTube, only a power off/on would resolve the issue. I contacted Hisense and they immediately advised that I needed to upgrade the software (so known issue!!!). The software was delivered by email and I was instructed to download and unpack the software packet and plug into the TV USB port. However the TV was close mounted to the wall and needed to be removed from the wall in order to access the USB port. This I did and reattached the legs to perform the upgrade. It didn’t work!

I was now advised that Hisense would send me a patch on a USB stick in approx 5 days. I now proceeded to refit the TV to the wall mount, this went well and I watched the TV for 2 hours or so. I returned to the TV later to find that in switching in the screen appeared damaged with the center 1/3 of the screen blacked out. Hisense say I have and I have no claim on them and need to claim on my insurance.

I find it absolutely disgusting that a company firstly supplies a TV with a known fault (software). Then asks the customer to fix it, not knowing the level of competence of the customer nor the circumstances, detail or location of the installation. In directing the fix fails to detail the total frailty of the screen. The screen was not dropped or excess pressure applied at any point and I read of many other failed screens too. I would advise anyone else to demand Hisense perform the upgrade or wait for the upgrade via scheduled software upgrade within the TV's normal operating process. This was not offered to me. These TVs are very very delicate/frail! I would also ask Hisense as to what is the specified force to fail the screen?

Original review: July 30, 2018

I purchased a Hisense Television on February 23, 2018. Needless to say my remote control has already stopped working. When I called customer service everything the agent (Brittany) told me to do, I had already done the previous night 7-29-18, because I had done research and apparently this is a common thing with this company for their remote controls to just stop working, anyway she told me that my warranty was only good for 90 days and that I would have to purchase another remote control. What a load of bull, I purchased four TVs from them at my time of purchase and if I would have known this I would have never brought anything from them. I will be getting rid of your products and never using your company again.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased this Hisense 65" 4K TV in March 2018 that came with a 3 year warranty, by June 2018 the screen developed coloured vertical lines and patterns within 3 months. I contacted Hisense and described the issue with the screen and was told it is not covered by the warranty. They say it is damaged, we are aged pensioners and live alone with no children. How on earth can they say it is damaged. I cannot afford to buy another TV, we have been without a TV now since early June 2018. Disgusting after sales service Hisense!!!

Hisense TVs Company Information