3.01/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

158 Hisense TVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

Maybe I just have an older model, but... It's a "smart" TV. It doesn't allow for useful apps. It's pre-loaded… most of the apps are different variations of each other. If it says free, it's not. You get a clip. The same clip that of the garden variety of what's on YouTube or the web in general. There's not even a level or platform to allow you to purchase membership for perhaps full content which of course is good because the programming is of such that it's neither relevant nor particularly useful.

To have a smart TV that has no outside or upgrade level beyond having a Fire Stick or Vue or a premium programs platform is a waste. You still end up paying for cable or some service or device. There's devices to turn even your analog TVs into receptors for air cable. The screen is nice, settings and management is simplistic, and getting a replacement remote is relatively easy. The browser is horrible, and the apps a waste of time, and its limitations are unfortunate.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We love our Hisense TV except for one thing - it will not get apps for quite a few things that other TVs have, just two being Hulu and PureFlix. Quite disappointed about this since we depend on our streaming for all TV watching and want to get these "channels." We are hoping that Hisense will realize that they may not sell TVs if people cannot get these, AND maybe they will either partner with or put pressure on these companies to get the apps done for people to be able to access. At this point, we are tempted to return our Hisense and switch to a television that will at least get PureFlix.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought this TV on 7-16-2015 mainly because of price plus a 4 year warranty. On 2-28-2919 the TV went dark. There was a picture but was so dim it was very hard to see. I called Hisense customer service, told them what the problem was, they checked for a local service provider. Since there was none they sent me a empty box which arrived 4 days later. Called FedEx for pickup and it arrived in Georgia 5 days later. So far the warranty service has been quite painless. The tv lasted a long time and Hisense customer service has been good.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

When I thought a ghost was playing with the channels suddenly changing, the screen would go blank, the remote stopped working. After looking online at the booklet that is only online and not with the tv. Did a factory reset and it stopped all the problems I was having. Makes sense since I have to upload new stuff for my tablets and everything else. The single most thing I don’t know how to work or it doesn't exist is the channel guide of what’s coming on. Nonetheless I have had this set for a few years now. Just realize a smart tv is like a tablet and tv in one, occasionally you have to update things.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

About 2 weeks ago the sound went out on Our 1 year old Hisense 55" TV. My husband was in bed so I Googled to see if I could find a solution. Someone had said to unplug the TV and reboot it. While trying to figure out which wire was for the TV, I accidentally tripped the power switch on the power strip and turned everything off. When it all rebooted, the sound was back on. Fast forward to yesterday, our month old 55" Hisense TV in the bedroom (Yes, we loved our living room TV so much we bought another Hisense for the bedroom!) went black! Yep, no picture!!

My husband tried everything to fix it. Then the picture came back on, but he noticed that when he was looking at the online TV Guide, the right side of the guide was missing so he rebooted the Dish Hopper. Everything came back on! Then TODAY the sound went off again in the living room! Again, we tried everything, we thought it might be the soundbar, so we unplugged it. We went into settings and checked everything there, unplugged and replugged the TV!! Nothing!! Then he said Maybe it's just this channel, so he switched stations. The picture froze!! SO... he rebooted the DISH HOPPER... and it was all fixed!! LONG STORY SHORT. If you lose your sound or your picture and have tried everything, before you put your foot through the screen... (Trust me, we were tempted!) try rebooting your satellite or cable! It worked for us. I hope our experience might help someone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I bought a Hisense 55" Smart tv at Walmart in June 2018. Exactly 7 days after I had the tv for a year while watching it the screen went black; as if the tv was off. No sound/no image. Hisense honored the warranty & sent me a brand new 55" Roku model. I've had it for about 1.5 months and it was working great. Last night we had a thunderstorm which knocked the power out for seconds while the tv was on. The TV was plugged into a surge protector. When the power came back the tv entered into a loop of turning itself on and off showing only a turquoise screen with the Hisense Roku logo. The power went out and came back so quick that it didn't even turn my fans off.

I called the Hisense customer support and was surprised to find out that when they replace defective tvs the new tv follows the original tv's warranty; which for me expired in June. So I was told that there was nothing Hisense could do and to look for a local tv repair shop. So in a little over 1 year I have had 2 malfunctioned Hisense smart tvs. I absolutely would not recommend Hisense to anyone looking to purchase a new tv. They may be less expensive but you definitely get what you pay for. Stick to name brand and do your research before purchasing a smart tv. If where you are purchasing it from offers an extended warranty I would definitely spend the extra money on it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I bought my Hisense TV from Walmart in May 2018. In November 2018 it was acting up (forgot the exact issue) so I called customer service and explained my problem. They walked me through a quick 'fix' by pressing a series of buttons (on the remote) twice. Hallelujah, it worked. In June 2019 I was experiencing the same problems and I called them and was told it was not under warranty and there was nothing they could do. I said "No, it's the same thing that happened in November... (they had a record of me calling in November) You just have to walk me through the fix procedure again." They said "No, you're not under warranty." I couldn't believe it! I realize it's NOT under warranty but can't you give me the sequence of pressing which remote buttons that will bring it back like the first time?

Unfortunately as soon as the technician realized it was out of warranty the conversation tone changed immediately from a helpful "How can I help you?" to almost a snicker: "Sorry, there's nothing I can do." It felt as if my being out of warranty was his "out". He no longer had to deal with me. At any rate as fate would have it I played around (I didn't know what the heck I was doing) but I managed to get it working again ON MY OWN! Yahoo! Now here it is in August 2019 and I'm having problems again. The screen is black but the TV on. This time I called AT&T/DirecTV (my provider). When I mentioned Hisense they pretty much told me "I'm going to be honest with you sir, it's your TV. We get so many calls from Hisense users. I'm terribly sorry." I am a widower on a pension. I can't afford to buy another TV right now. I am so upset. I'll never buy another Hisense TV or product EVER AGAIN! Please DON'T waste your money!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

So this TV has been a headache. Firstly it was advertised as 60hz but only does 30hz. Support said it was due to a software update. The TV updater said it was up to date. So I tried their USB update but lo and behold it didn't work. The other issue that is more pressing now that we have had it a while was the random turn off, blank screens, no inputs working, controls not responding. The build-in apps are a joke and hardly work when they want to. You can't add or remove any and on is just a ton of what looks to be low quality pirated content. No Hulu. Customer service won't help past sending me the file as it is out of warranty by 6 months, purchased in May last year. We need a class action against this.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I have bought a Hisense 50'' 4K UHD smart TV a little more than a year ago and the seam started to come "undone". The seam kept expanding and expanding. We didn't think that it was a big problem, since you can't really see it unless you're up close and know what you are looking. So we forgot about it, until 2 weeks ago. The seam started adding pressure to the screen and ... the screen cracked! We bought the TV through Takealot and they doesn't want to refund us, even though it is still under warranty. So what can I do? I have come across other reviews of people also complaining about this.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Purchased a Roku 65 inch Smart TV which has a red spot in the center of it and is less than 30 days old. Now, less than 60 days old I still cannot get a refund or replacement or any kind of help whatsoever. Once I comply with one set of requirements for them to replace it they came up with more requirements and more requirements and more requirements and their customer support is in very sad shape and I'll never buy another Hisense product as long as I live

Hisense TVs Company Information