1.99/5
  • 1 star
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Hisense TVs

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 22, 2018

57 Hisense TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Don’t buy these TV's. I had a new 65 inch tv that was just over a month old and died. Trying to get a new one or refund is a joke. I have been 3 weeks and still no answers. Every time I call, they apologize and say that someone will get back in touch within 48-72 hours but no one calls. Don’t bother with this brand. Buy the tried and true. Lesson learned.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Purchased a 55" Hisense 4K TV (H6 Series) from Best Buy in Sept 2017 and have had constant pixelation, artifacting and ghosting with the video. Contacted their customer service and sent a copy of my receipt and a short video showing the crappy image quality. I have two other 1080p TV's (Insignia and Acer) that I tested side by side against the Hisense using cable (Xfinity) and Blu-ray players (Samsung and Xbox One) as sources, using 3 different HDMI cables/ vendors (Hi Speed and 4K rated) and the pixelation only happens on the Hisense. Based on what I can tell, it seems the HDMI ports (all 4 of them HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 enhanced) are having issues converting the signal and/or the processor on this TV is bad. When streaming 4K/UHD content from Amazon or Netflix (through the Ethernet port) the picture quality is really good and works as expected. When streaming any HD signals through the HDMI port however, the image is chunky.

They opened a case, sent me a return label and box which arrived about 10 days later. I returned the TV and after about two more weeks, they sent it back - no indication of what was wrong, no paperwork. I called their customer service and they mentioned they replaced the mainboard/panel and some LSV cable so I was excited as this was repaired for free and I got it back in a relatively short timeframe. Well it does the same thing as before, no improvement in the image quality at all. I'm extremely frustrated at this point and plan on contacting Hisense again. I've been checking some AV forums and other users have had similar issue and problems right out of the box. The TV was inexpensive ($400 on sale) but it is not worth it!! I will never buy another Hisense product again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I purchased a 55 inch Hisense smart tv from Walmart. (Probably where I went wrong). Not even after 24 hours after having it the screen spontaneously decided to go to a complete blur with random vertical lines as well. It's a week prior to Christmas. So now I have to pack the tv up. Print the packing slip and attach it. I don't own a printer so that's super convenient. I have to put this big ass tv back in my car and bring it to FedEx and ship it back to them to diagnosis the problem. They have not promised me compensation nor that they would even repair it.

It will take them 7 to 10 business days to even respond to me about what their solution is. You would assume that they would offer me some sort of compensation considering they completely ** my holiday. I didn't spend all this damn money on a tv so I can wait half a month past the holidays to enjoy it. The whole ordeal is a huge pain in the ass. In all fairness I believe it might have got damaged when it was shipped but regardless it seems they would have been more empathetic more reassuring I would be taken care of.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I didn't expect a LOT given the modest price of the Hisense H7 UHD Monitor with HDR10 High Dynamic Range, but at least I expected a complete uncorrupted image the second I turned it on for the first time! I ordered the monitor from PC Richard in NYC delivered to my home, and when I came in this evening I saw it sitting on the landing. So I carried it upstairs to my place, opened the box, and the first thing I see is a cautionary note saying "This monitor is VERY sensitive - please place face down on a soft surface". So I did - I put it on a large pillow on the carpeted floor, before I screwed on the feet so it could freestand.

I treated it carefully, didn't smack it into anything - but when I turn the set on for the first time, there's a HUGE Vertical rainbow obscuring pretty much the entire right half of the screen! It hasn't gone away, there's no way to degauss the screen to see if that helps, and I'm wondering just how "careful" I'm expected to be with a 43" UHD TV that's shipped to me via parcel post. Is this normal for UHD screens? I've had LED LCD flat panels before that have taken a great deal of abuse without any issue - or if they HAVE taken damage (mostly liquid damage) it was nowhere near this bad. Is there something about UHD screens that almost any contact can cause them to be this badly damaged?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I purchased my 55" Hisense TV 10 months ago. So disappointed. Not the best picture and yesterday when I cut it on, it is just a black screen although you can hear the sound. Called cs and the first time they answered, it was so noisy in the background I had to hang up and call back. Just to find out they have to ship me a box that I should have in a week, then mail it in. How long will I have to go without a TV? I am so upset. Will post later with results.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The Hisense 50" smart TV performs perfectly and includes the most sought after preloaded streaming apps. This is a Walmart exclusive brand which outperformed the Samsung we originally had. The price was also highly competitive as compared to the 50" Samsung.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I purchased my 40" smart TV during the holidays in 2015. It was about 2-3 months before I set it up. The set up was fairly easy. I was pretty happy with purchase. Then the TV started turning off for about 10 seconds, then it would power on again. It was sporadic, so at first I thought maybe it was the cable. After a few months, it would happen from time to time, but by then, I had the TV for over a year. This year during Thanksgiving, it happened while I had company. I was so embarrassed. My sister had one, so I asked if her TV did the same. She said not at all.

OK. Embarrassment aside, I decided I will never purchase a Hisense again. But it gets worse. I wake up this morning 12/5/17, I turn on the TV and there's no color. I go through all the troubleshooting, although I know none of it applies to me. Then I get a chat request from Hisense. I respond, spend time explaining the problem, then they ask if I'm in South Africa. Of course when I say "no the U.S"., they say, “Sorry, you'll have to contact the international customer support”. Suffice it to say, I will go back to brands that I know. I would never purchase or recommend a Hisense product again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

My first apartment and I was looking for a moderate sized HD TV with economy of price, a sleek design and great resolution as well. Its clarity is exceptional with all features. It is lightweight which makes for easy placement and very portable so I can turn it in any given direction. It is very stylish and can be wall mounted. It’s always ready and when left on for long periods emits no heat. This is a real winner 10/10. I love it!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Purchased 50 inch Hisense TV (1st mistake) from Walmart (2nd Mistake). Set TV up at home worked fine for 1 week then TV started to show green pixels. Anywhere it was black on the screen. Called Hisense, opened a case. They sent me a empty shipping box. We shipped the TV to Hisense for repairs, they actually repaired and shipped back the TV within 6 days! Only to open the box and find my 2 week old repaired TV broken and cracked! Had to send pics and e-mails and another week of ** went by! Shipped TV back to Hisense so they could inspect it and send me a Refurbished TV!

Now this TV turns on and off by itself! Make a horrific clicking noise when changing the channel and at times at least twice a night the TV decides to start making a loud obnoxious sound, the only way to stop this is to unplug the TV! After contacting Hisense at least 10 times, we still have not been satisfied! That whole customer satisfaction that you hear when you first call Hisense is a LOAD OF **. NOTHING BUT LIES! I am talking to a lawyer at this time, he mentioned starting a Class Action Suit! Good Luck to the rest of you dealing with your Hisense TV issues! Sincerely, THE OWNER OF THE WORST PRODUCT I'VE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF OWNING.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Well, bought the fridge from supplier in Cairns. Had to have repair when fridge was one week out of warranty. One small part. Called the 1300 tel number in Australia. Rude, nasty young man! Told me he was too busy and only really interested in warranty work. I explained the appliance repairer had called numerous times with no luck and that there was another repair to be done and had no luck ordering a simple part! He said he would call back IF he was not busy. Apparently, next day he did call and then hung up!

Tried calling a number in Australia to complain, guess what-impossible to get anyone! Shame on you Hisense. Will never recommend ANY of your products nor your company. Poor service, rude poorly trained call centre staff! Beware, if you buy a Hisense product, chances are you will NEVER get it repaired no matter how minor the problem! They do not care!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Relatively new and so far our Hisense TV works great. Although it might be a tad large for our smaller viewing room. Love the picture, especially night cityscapes, country landscapes; clarity wonderful compared to old tube set; would have preferred Sony or LG but price was right for us on sale at Best Buy. Sound's also good with added speakers.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

We've had this TV for 3 months. After a month it started screeching after changing any channel. Awful sound and so aggravating. No way to fix it. The most we have been able to found out is that this problem coincides with a change in software and we have to wait until a fix is developed. Totally unacceptable. Can't wait to dump this piece of crap.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My experience with these people has been absolutely horrible. After purchasing my television (Hisense 40") from a Wal-Mart some time in October of 2016, I began to have issues with my television almost immediately after plugging it in out of the box. The television would turn itself off and back on again on its own without me wishing it to do so. Initially I thought the television was just calibrating itself so I didn't think much of it. I didn't really use the TV much the following week. After about two or three weeks after purchasing a DVD player, cable & internet and a PS4 I began trying to use my TV much more frequently for movies, cable TV shows & online video games. Almost immediately it became apparent I had a problem.

The TV would continually turn itself on and off in spurs for almost 5-10 minutes at a time making it nearly impossible to do anything or enjoy watching anything on it. I thought about taking it back to the Wal-Mart I had purchased it from but had exceeded my two weeks to do so because after my purchase I had been very busy with errands and work. So with that being said I decided to contact Hisense about the issue since I had the television under warranty when I bought it at the register.

To make this to the point, I had a technician from Hisense come out to my house not once but twice to fix the issue and he was unable to solve the problem especially since it's hard to tell if it's fixed or not because the television would spazz out randomly but then work again for hours at a time. All of which I video recorded via cellphone and emailed to Hisense. I was then instructed to mail them the TV not once, not twice but three times and on the third time they sent me a replacement television which only lasted about a week before the audio went out!! Jeez.

So finally after having an aneurysm over the phone I was able to convince them to give me a refund. I sent the television in September 15th and it's now November 11th and I have still yet to receive my refund. This is the only television in my home. I've spent more money paying for the cable and Internet that I can't use because I have no TV to use it on than what the television itself is worth. I just feel so ripped off. This whole experience has just been hell and it's been going on for over a year now. With the amount of times I've sent that television in to be repaired and sent it in for a refund I've probably been without a TV for a total of 4 months, possibly more. The rest of the year I've just dealt with the television in between sending it in for repairs because I really just wanted to use it and was tired of sitting around waiting for them to fix it just to get it back and find out it's still broken. So I would just deal with it for a month or two at a time.

Please for the love of God anybody reading this do not purchase anything from these people. Stay away and go with a trusted name brand. Their warranty is crap. If whatever you bought from these people doesnt work you are better off taking the loss throwing it in the trash and moving on with your life. These people are scam artists and do not back up their products!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

After only 3 years, the picture went out on my 55 inch TV. My husband is a recent amputee, so we can't afford to buy another one for months. The TV was his form of entertainment and now he has to sit on the porch and watch a small loaner. This has been hard, because our summers have been 100 degrees, and now we are getting cold fronts coming in.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I purchased the 39 in Smart TV the first week of Oct. But didn't have it set up until 4 DAYS AGO... Was working perfectly and I loved it even though it didn't have Hulu access. This morning it started turning off, after the 3rd time it wouldn't come back on even with the on-TV power button. I contacted Hisense and now I have to return it to them. It worked for 4 DAYS!!! And now I have to WAIT for a secure box to send it back, dropped it off at UPS or FedEx, WAIT until they repair or replace it and then WAIT to get it or a replacement back!!? It worked for 4 DAYS!!! NEVER AGAIN will I trust an off-brand!! I had a Phillips TV for over 25 years, an RCA for 15 years and a Panasonic now for over 5 years and it's still going strong... So angry right now!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The brand new Hisense TV I bought 4 months ago with 3 year warranty just suddenly stopped working properly. The display just suddenly went black but the audio was still working. My sister rang the customer service and after a week 2 technicians came to our house to have a look. They later found out that the Hisense should replace it as it can't be fixed. After a week of waiting no one has called us to update regarding the replacement. So I called on a Monday. They said that they haven't got the final report yet from the technician and will call me back 24-48 hours regarding the update. After 48 hours no one has called me again and decided to follow it up.

When I spoke with another customer service, they said I will need to wait another 7-10 business days before someone can come and replace my TV. So I asked what? Another 7-10 BUSINESS days from now? So if that would be the case I will need to wait another 2 weeks? So It will actually take 1 month overall just to replace my TV?! It's so hard not having a TV for 2 weeks and another 2 weeks of waiting?! If I did not followed it up is it going to take longer??? What a poor service HISENSE! It made me regret buying HISENSE TV!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I loved this TV until I decided to use the smart part of the TV. It has lots of loaded content, but it's ancient. I decided to save some money and cut the cord. I can only use the apps that are preloaded on the TV. I paid in advance for a full year of Feel which is now Hallmark movies now. I can't use it with this TV without buying the same thing you need for a regular TV. Definitely a waste of money since we paid more than double for this TV compared to another of the same size. It's 55 inches and has a beautiful picture. I have no other problems with the set except now I need to spend even more money.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had been happy with my Hisense 55 in TV until the picture just went out after about 3 years. CS told me to take it to a repair shop because it isn't under warranty. Too bad no one will work on these TVs!

Resolution response: Oct. 27, 2017

The gentleman I spoke with was mistaken. I received the newest line of tv, brand new. I still stand by how inconvenient and frustrating it was to get to this point but am happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I'll start this by saying that in the end I am satisfied-ish.. I purchased a 55 in. Smart TV in 2015. I usually stay within brand names that I know and trust but it was Black Friday and the deal was too good to pass up. The TV worked great for about a year and a half when suddenly the picture went out but the sound still worked, hmm...

I contacted the Hisense warranty department and was asked to e-mail a copy of my receipt for proof of purchase before anything else, which I did. I waited 48 hours (the time in which they had to contact me after submitting the receipt) and heard nothing. I contacted them and was told they don't show it was received, after waiting on hold for a while they "found" it. The first step was to have a technician look at it, the wait time to have them come out was a week (typical) and they wanted to give 4 hour time windows (also typical). With my work schedule this was not possible so I asked to contact the tech directly to drop off at their shop - not a problem, so far so good.

I dropped the TV off to the tech and was told we were waiting on the part Hisense thought it was. Tech replaced the part, didn't fix it and reported it was the panel that was the problem. This is where everything went downhill. Per the written Hisense warranty there are two options should you have an issue with your TV: 1. They pay parts and labor to a certified technician for repair or 2. They replace the TV with a like or better model.

So my understanding at this point is they are going to replace it, they contacted me and said the next step is to go get the TV back from the tech, they will ship me an empty box (Which I have to sign for), package my TV into the empty box, take it to a FedEx store and ship it to them in Georgia and they will repair the panel which they cannot ship to the tech because it's delicate and they will ship it back to me (Have to sign for again). Holy inconvenience Batman!!! Fine... if that's what has to be done then that's what I’ll do but, I asked that they change the address in my file to my office address as I am not home to sign for anything during the day and cannot get to a FedEx store before they close, was assured it had been changed and please wait 5-7 days for your big empty box.

5-7 days later I receive a call from a FedEx driver who is at my house with a large empty box I need to sign for, Great! I contacted Hisense and they had not changed the address so I had to leave work early to pick it up. My main concern about shipping it to them was "What if it's damaged being shipped to you?" and was told by the supervisor that they assume all responsibility during shipping.

First thing you find in the empty box is a disclaimer that if the TV is damaged in shipping your warranty is void, well that's the opposite of what I was told. Packed the TV the best I could and missed some more work to take it to FedEx. A few days later I received a call that they have received the TV and will ship me a replacement (Awesome!) as my TV was "unrepairable". I asked for the model number they were shipping and was told 55H8C which is an upgrade to a 4K smart TV and their newest model! Wow, amazing customer service! I tend not to believe things so I called again and had them confirm the model number I was given and to my surprise they confirmed that was the one being shipped. At this point I was fully prepared to buy Hisense everything, even though there had been problems they obviously cared that I remain a lifelong customer by making it right, right???

This morning I arrive at work and to their credit the second time around they shipped it to the right place but when I opened the box the model number that was confirmed twice to be 55H8C read on the box as 55H7D a lower quality and year older model than I was told... I called Hisense for the millionth time and asked him to confirm the model being shipped and he again said 55H8C, when I informed him that is not what I just received I was placed on hold for a while. He checked why the wrong one was sent. He came back on the phone and instead said I was told wrong when I talked to them last week, I asked him why he said the same thing when I called and could not give a good answer. He said he would check with a supervisor and call me back - 4 hours ago. I'm not going to hold my breath because even if they do call me back from my experience so far I don't see them making anything right or having a good explanation.

I wrote in the beginning that I am satisfied-ish because yes, they did replace the TV under warranty and it is a better TV than what I had but the amount of time and effort and lying and mistakes made on their part were not worth the frustration. In their opening line recording they state they make everything, appliances etc... not just TV's. As a homeowner who will buy many of the products they manufacture in the future. It would be in their best interest to get and keep customers who will buy more of everything from them. Having a TV break in a year and a half already doesn't bode well for instilling confidence in their products topped with the way they handle business when something does happen equals losing a customer for life and when that happens enough you no longer have a business - I shouldn't have to explain that to such a "large" company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Reported to Hisense customer service (in Jamaica) that my new TV had white dots all over the screen less than 6 months after I bought it. It has a one-year warranty. Customer service said I had to send a picture of the TV (all 4 corners, as clear as possible) before they will send a technician. I sent 2 of the best pictures that I could take with the only camera I have. Hisense responded to the email saying they weren't good enough pictures. I called customer service again and said I can't take any better pictures without a professional photographer. Supposedly, a supervisor will call me within 24-48 hours. Delaying tactics, obviously. I wish I had read the reviews posted on this website BEFORE buying a Hisense TV.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We strongly regret buying Hisense! The first TV did not work right out of the box. We exchanged it at store for another. That one worked fine. We bought 2nd larger Hisense TV for living room... 5 months later our daughter accidentally cracked the screen. I called 'the Geek Squad' & was told that they can't send repair man because Hisense will not release parts to anyone. So, I called Hisense. The gentleman there said they don't handle any repairs. He said I had to call a local repairman & have him call service dept. to see if parts were avail. So, I called local repairman. He would not call Hisense, he had dealt with them before & never had luck getting replacement parts. So, I called Hisense only to be told they do not even make replacement screens. You cannot claim to make 'high end' products & not make replacement parts for something as commonplace as a cracked screen. IMO, they deserve a big fat ZERO!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I just bought the Hisense 43 inch 4k UHD smart TV at Best Buy yesterday. It is certainly an improvement to my 10 year old 1080p flat screen TV but not nearly as good a TV as say our Sony 43 inch 4k UHD smart TV in our living room. What I first noticed after getting it set up is that they don't offer all the apps that I am accustomed to. It's missing Hulu and some other mainstream apps. It does have Youtube, Vudu, Amazon however. It uses the Opera app, which I am not real fond of. Although the picture quality is decent, if you are looking at the TV straight on, colors look vibrant and bright, but if you walk from left to right side or up or down and not straight on at the TV those colors fade and the brightness fades a tad.

Our Sony doesn't do this, you get great picture quality no matter where you are situated looking at the TV. The price was definitely far less than LG and Insignia and Vizio. I paid 349.99 for it and the LG, Vizio and Insignia brands were 379 or higher for the same sized Smart 4k UHD TVs. If you're looking for a decent picture for a cheap price then I would recommend this TV. If you are looking for a more high end better quality TV that has more apps featured then you may want to go with something else.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

If I could give no stars I would. I have a 55 inch tv I got from Walmart 4/17. It only recognizes HDMI1 and when I called to file a complaint to either receive a new tv or get a refund I was hung up on by the first rude representative. I called back I got Jeff and his attitude and tone of voice was rude. He then forward me to the manager on the floor who was Jarone. His attitude was ok I guess, it was like the other two. I had to call back for them to trouble shoot my tv and I got some lady who talked to me as if I was not smart at all, like I had no clue how to do something as simple as plugging the cords in the right input. You can't have a horrible product and horrible customer service. Hisense work on that!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I purchased a 40 inch Hisense TV from Walmart on 01/26/17. Took it home, hooked it up would not power on, returned it within the hour and was given a replacement. The replacement worked find until July 2017. Turned it on would not power up. I returned it to Walmart and was told the tv was out of store warranty. It only had 90 days store warranty. I would have to contact Hisense. I contacted Hisense the next day and the tech told me that a repair man would contact me the following week. On July 20th the repair man came to my house and repaired the tv. It worked fine until July 23. Again it would not power on. I again contacted Hisense Only to be told I would have to ship the Tv to the Warehouse for them to check it. And it would take up approx. 2 weeks. Even spoke to a manager who told me the same thing. Even asked for a refund only to be told no refund.

I am a consumer spending my hard earned money on a product that did not work at all then worked 6 months, and went out then 3 days and went out and now I have to wait two weeks or more. It's plain to me that Hisense does not care about their product or their customer, only getting your money. Why should anyone spend their time and money on a RIP OFF.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Hisense Smart TV is a big rip off. The TV does not work as a smart TV. The web browser does not work, the apps do not work. They all quit shortly after purchase. Customer service sucks! We need to file a rip off class action lawsuit against Hisense!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I had a tv for a year and half. The screen went white and it stopped working. Still under warranty I called customer service and they said they would send out a tech to repair it in 3 days. However it took 2 and a half weeks for the tech to even come. He took apart my TV and said he could not fix it and that I would have to return it to Hisense. I then contacted customer service again and was told I would be shipped out a return box and label. That took another 2 weeks. I got the box and packed up my 55 inch TV and had to load it up myself and take it to UPS because Hisense would not pay the extra $10 to have it picked up at my home.

It took another week for Hisense to contact me and let me know they were sending me a brand new TV. When I get this NEW TV it is not the same size or quality of the original TV. But because I had to wait a month to get it I dealt with it. NOW, less than 2 months later this NEW TV has gone out. Nothing but a black screen. I AGAIN contacted customer service and was informed that we will be starting this same process all over again. I guess I will be waiting a month to get a TV that is going to work for 2 months again.

This is unacceptable and I do not recommend this company or brand of TV to anyone. The company has been very unprofessional in handling my situation and the many other reviews that I have read. This company is using cheap parts and labor to make products that do not last or perform to the other standards of product by other companies of the same magnitude. At this point I am very angry and pissed off that I will be waiting for them to send me a box to return a TV so they can look at it and see it's broke and then wait to send me a new one. If they know the product is faulty then just send me the new one. I don't want to keep the broken one for Pete's sake. BAD all around experience. I WON'T RECOMMEND HISENSE TO ANYONE... EVER!

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have had this Hisense 55" Ultra HDTV for about a year and a half. It was in the Walmart aisle for a super-low price, so I bought it for my bedroom. I have been nothing but pleased with this purchase. The picture is as good as, if not better than, the $1500 Samsung UHD that I have in my living room, and I think I only paid about $550 for the Hisense. I would add that the sound is exponentially better than the Samsung --- I had to buy a sound bar for my Samsung because the sound was so bad. Great picture, great sound, great price --- all I want in a TV. AND the Hisense came with a four-year warranty (it is my understanding that the warranty is now only for 1 year). The 3-year extended warranty is only $69 at Walmart if you wish additional peace of mind. Even with the addition of the warranty, the price is much lower than for a similar name-brand TV. I have no hesitation recommending this product.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I bought the above TV from Harvey Norman Loganholme, Queensland. I purchased it for $600 and this included a 4 years extended warranty. This brought the total warranty to 7 years. I bought in late January 2017. Late May 2017 I was sitting on the sofa and started the TV with the remote. A white blotch appeared in the right hand corner. This blotch grew progressively bad until the whole right hand quadrant was black. Hisense sent their technician and he wrote 'crack' on his report. Hisense tell me crack means internal accident damage. They also said impact damage. Harvey Norman argued that they would not pay my money back. After a great deal of trouble and arguing, Harvey Norman told me I could have my extended warranty that they said was $60.00. The breakdown is not mentioned on the invoice.

I am now left with a TV which I did not damage or drop. I live alone and hence there is no other person to damage the TV. I went to fair trading and they say that Harvey Norman have not breached any laws. This means I am now $540 poorer because I bought a TV which I thought would give me service for at least 7 years. I have now to find a TV electrician to write a report that tells me what the cause is. There are no external marks on the TV. I believe that the change of weather may have been the cause of the early demise of the TV. Beware of this retailer and brand of TV. Looks like I have all this troublesome work now and they have earned some easy money. NOT VERY PLEASED! I agree that I am in Australia but the product is sold worldwide and I'm sure that a similar situation has occurred somewhere in the world. Please make contributions on similar defects as I have to now go to court to recover my money.

Original review: June 14, 2017

We bought this TV for our parents on a Black Friday Special 6 months ago. This box was not opened at the time of purchase as it was for a spare TV for them. Their TV quit working so they opened the box to use it and it has "no remote" & "no TV stand" in the box due to packaging error. So we can't program without the remote and the TV can't stand without the legs. We contacted the company and they couldn't help since it was past the 90 day window. We could purchase the items for $45 from them. We can buy new far cheaper on eBay. Poor customer service as this was not correct to begin with. Buyer beware - open all boxes at time of purchase.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Do not ever buy a Hisense SMART TV. First their apps go through Opera store, which believe it or not does not HBO or local internet companies available on their apps. So basically you're buying a TV that is not so smart. And their customer service is horrible. The first time I called they said I could buy a Roku to hook to the smart TV and then I could get HBO. Hmmmm... Didn't I buy a smart TV so I wouldn't need any other Appliance? They say that they will wow you but they do not back their TV. They told me to contact opera store and when I asked for the phone number they didn't have it... What kind of customer service is that. They said I needed to contact where I purchased the TV. When I contacted them, since it was over 15 days for Smart TV, I could not return it. So basically I have a piece of crap.

Hisense TVs Company Information

www.hisense-usa.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use