Hisense TVs

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hisense Smart TV is a big rip off. The TV does not work as a smart TV. The web browser does not work, the apps do not work. They all quit shortly after purchase. Customer service sucks! We need to file a rip off class action lawsuit against Hisense!

I had a tv for a year and half. The screen went white and it stopped working. Still under warranty I called customer service and they said they would send out a tech to repair it in 3 days. However it took 2 and a half weeks for the tech to even come. He took apart my TV and said he could not fix it and that I would have to return it to Hisense. I then contacted customer service again and was told I would be shipped out a return box and label. That took another 2 weeks. I got the box and packed up my 55 inch TV and had to load it up myself and take it to UPS because Hisense would not pay the extra $10 to have it picked up at my home.

It took another week for Hisense to contact me and let me know they were sending me a brand new TV. When I get this NEW TV it is not the same size or quality of the original TV. But because I had to wait a month to get it I dealt with it. NOW, less than 2 months later this NEW TV has gone out. Nothing but a black screen. I AGAIN contacted customer service and was informed that we will be starting this same process all over again. I guess I will be waiting a month to get a TV that is going to work for 2 months again.

This is unacceptable and I do not recommend this company or brand of TV to anyone. The company has been very unprofessional in handling my situation and the many other reviews that I have read. This company is using cheap parts and labor to make products that do not last or perform to the other standards of product by other companies of the same magnitude. At this point I am very angry and pissed off that I will be waiting for them to send me a box to return a TV so they can look at it and see it's broke and then wait to send me a new one. If they know the product is faulty then just send me the new one. I don't want to keep the broken one for Pete's sake. BAD all around experience. I WON'T RECOMMEND HISENSE TO ANYONE... EVER!

I have had this Hisense 55" Ultra HDTV for about a year and a half. It was in the Walmart aisle for a super-low price, so I bought it for my bedroom. I have been nothing but pleased with this purchase. The picture is as good as, if not better than, the $1500 Samsung UHD that I have in my living room, and I think I only paid about $550 for the Hisense. I would add that the sound is exponentially better than the Samsung --- I had to buy a sound bar for my Samsung because the sound was so bad. Great picture, great sound, great price --- all I want in a TV. AND the Hisense came with a four-year warranty (it is my understanding that the warranty is now only for 1 year). The 3-year extended warranty is only $69 at Walmart if you wish additional peace of mind. Even with the addition of the warranty, the price is much lower than for a similar name-brand TV. I have no hesitation recommending this product.

I bought the above TV from Harvey Norman Loganholme, Queensland. I purchased it for $600 and this included a 4 years extended warranty. This brought the total warranty to 7 years. I bought in late January 2017. Late May 2017 I was sitting on the sofa and started the TV with the remote. A white blotch appeared in the right hand corner. This blotch grew progressively bad until the whole right hand quadrant was black. Hisense sent their technician and he wrote 'crack' on his report. Hisense tell me crack means internal accident damage. They also said impact damage. Harvey Norman argued that they would not pay my money back. After a great deal of trouble and arguing, Harvey Norman told me I could have my extended warranty that they said was $60.00. The breakdown is not mentioned on the invoice.

I am now left with a TV which I did not damage or drop. I live alone and hence there is no other person to damage the TV. I went to fair trading and they say that Harvey Norman have not breached any laws. This means I am now $540 poorer because I bought a TV which I thought would give me service for at least 7 years. I have now to find a TV electrician to write a report that tells me what the cause is. There are no external marks on the TV. I believe that the change of weather may have been the cause of the early demise of the TV. Beware of this retailer and brand of TV. Looks like I have all this troublesome work now and they have earned some easy money. NOT VERY PLEASED! I agree that I am in Australia but the product is sold worldwide and I'm sure that a similar situation has occurred somewhere in the world. Please make contributions on similar defects as I have to now go to court to recover my money.

We bought this TV for our parents on a Black Friday Special 6 months ago. This box was not opened at the time of purchase as it was for a spare TV for them. Their TV quit working so they opened the box to use it and it has "no remote" & "no TV stand" in the box due to packaging error. So we can't program without the remote and the TV can't stand without the legs. We contacted the company and they couldn't help since it was past the 90 day window. We could purchase the items for $45 from them. We can buy new far cheaper on eBay. Poor customer service as this was not correct to begin with. Buyer beware - open all boxes at time of purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Do not ever buy a Hisense SMART TV. First their apps go through Opera store, which believe it or not does not HBO or local internet companies available on their apps. So basically you're buying a TV that is not so smart. And their customer service is horrible. The first time I called they said I could buy a Roku to hook to the smart TV and then I could get HBO. Hmmmm... Didn't I buy a smart TV so I wouldn't need any other Appliance? They say that they will wow you but they do not back their TV. They told me to contact opera store and when I asked for the phone number they didn't have it... What kind of customer service is that. They said I needed to contact where I purchased the TV. When I contacted them, since it was over 15 days for Smart TV, I could not return it. So basically I have a piece of crap.

Well let me start off by saying I signed up for this because of the help that goes to others, I just wish there were more charities to choose from. Everything is about the same compared to some of the higher priced televisions.

I have a Samsung that is 33 years old and still works. I bought this TV (Hisense Roku 40") last July. It turns off and on by itself. The technician (who I know is going to blame the problem on something else) can't come until Friday of next week. Thanks Hisense!!! Hopefully it will eventually be fixed. For now, no TV. Buyer Beware.

Hisense TV has a beautiful picture and colors are bright and vibrant. The only drawback is the speakers are in the back. Nevertheless, it is very good quality. I have no issues with it since I purchased it in 2012.

I purchased a 40' Hisense TV on sale for well under $200. The TV has met my expectations and I believe it to be an exceptional value for the price. I use it as my entertainment center (computer monitor, TV, with my sound system). However, I seem to be getting a small amount of burn in where the address bar is when I am the internet. But for the price and quality I cannot complain.

I have no problem with my TV, but I do have a problem with calling the 1-888-935-8880 which is suppose to be customer service, I called them to get one long screw that goes down into the bass of the stand, and they send me eight small screws, something that I don' t need. Then they asked me to send them a picture of the screws they sent me, and a picture of the area that the one screw goes in, and my daughter did, and they still trying to tell me those are the screws. People don't waste your time talking to non-speaking people who don't speak English cause you're wasting your time.

I purchased a Hisense 65" 4k Ultra Tv. Had it for a week - it went out. I thought okay I have a 4 year warranty. What they don't tell you is you have to box it up and WAIT for someone to pick up then take to their warehouse (no idea where that is) - THEN they may send you a new TV or repair yours so you can be without a TV for who knows how long. The thing is wall mounted and weighs 85 lbs. Really? I am returning to the store where I purchased. And purchasing one where they come to the house. Who honestly wants to keep lifting a 85 lb TV off and on Wall mounts? Buyer Beware - their warranty is junk.

I purchased a bad television from this company. Is it pure junk. From the moment I opened it up it never turned on. I have made several attempts to contact the customer service and went to the point of having it escalated to a management team who has never returned the calls. They do not stand by their Product. NEVER Buy this brand. It's pure junk... it doesn't even warrant a one star.

I bought a Hisense 55" smart tv in 2014, had issues with pulling up/freezing apps from the beginning. Called Hisense multiple times, they kept putting the problem on my wifi or Roku box. I spent hours on the phone and with technicians at Roku and cable company. Getting a new router did help but still had the same issues. They finally sent out a repairman that said I needed a part. When I told Hisense that, they said I would have to send my 55" tv back to them and I would have to eat any damage that occurred to the tv!!

Of course that changed my mind about sending it, so I just put up with the terrible tv because cable worked fine. When I wanted to get Amazon Prime I tried it again. Hisense sent me through all of the nonsense again, turn it on and off, update, etc. nothing helped. Now they say they can do nothing more because the tv is out of warranty. When I explained that this has been an ongoing issue, they conveniently can't find my early case number because their system changed. If you want to take years off your life and waste a lot of money, go ahead and listen to the good reviews and buy one but I'm telling you it's a crapshoot and you'll be sorry. I have a Sanyo and a Sony that work great and is older than the Hisense.

This item is good for what I paid for it on sale. However, they need to improve their customer service. I advised them 1 month ago I rec'd no remote. I had no reply to my email directly to their customer service site... Unacceptable, I had to borrow one to set the tv up...

I have had very few problems with this TV. It looks good. The price was great. I cannot find anything wrong with it. I am sorry there is one thing wrong with it. It is the way that you would hook the HDMI cables up to it. They are relatively hard to get to but once you do everything is great. The picture is great. Though the looks of the TV is great the price was great cheaper than any of the other ones for this size of 50 inch. I can't tell you any reason why I would buy any other TV.

I just purchased a Hisense tv H6 50 and I realized that I have made a big mistake buying this tv. After having the tv for a week, the unit started freezing up. I waited for a month and the tv froze again and the only way to make it work is to disconnect the power from the unit then the tv will work again. I called Hisense customer service. I explained to them the problem with the tv and I was told that they will have to send a technician to replace parts on the tv. This is only 2 months old tv and it already froze 5 times on me.

First, customer service is very poor. They scheduled the repair for me and I was told someone will call me 24-48 hours before the date scheduled, but no one call until I call Hisense customer service again. I was given a phone number for the technician so I can call him myself. Again very poor customer service. When I spoke to the technician he told me that he cannot make it on the day that the repair was scheduled, he will have to do it the next day. Then I said but I am scheduled for today and the technician answer was that Hisense doesn't schedule the work for him. I called Hisense customer service again, spoke to the supervisor and explained to them what the technician told me but there was nothing they can do. I will have to wait for the next day. Then, I asked for the manager and the supervisor said I will have to wait 24-48 for he/she to call me. I will never buy any Hisense product again.

On a budget with a family it's hard to pay out a lot for entertainment alone. When I seen this t.v. with a 42 in screen for a little over $200.00 I was worried about the picture not being clear and the sound not being so clear. But I am happy to say it's been a great t.v. The sound and picture is great. I would recommend this t.v. to anyone that is on a budget with a family to raise. Thanks to Hisense. It's a real good t.v. for the price.

I purchased the Hisense H6 55 inch smart tv about ten I months ago from my local convenience store. My first mistake was that I went against my better judgement and purchased a tv from a company until that I had never heard of. Second, my bookkeeping was sloppy. I lost my receipt. Boy do I regret that now. Soon I started having issues adjusting the time and when I called customer service I could barely understand what the service person was saying. Eventually we resolved that issue. I bought this tv like I said about ten months ago. On or about month number five the picture would freeze up and I would have to unplug and replug the power cord. At this point I'm still somewhat satisfied with my purchase.

Here is the meat of my complaint with Hisense. I turn my tv on and there are several horizontal lines working their way up my picture screen. When I see this everything that I did wrong came to bear. My friend turns my tv on and now the lines start in the middle of the screen. I read several reviews and I notice that I wasn't the only one whose tv did this. All within a year of purchase. So I call customer service and I was told that the tv was damaged during shipping and that I need to take a lot of pictures of these lines along with my receipt which I don't have and they will send a tech support person to my house. No receipt, I'm screwed. One thing that bothers me is this, if the tv's are damaged during shipping why not recall them. Too much like the right thing to do.

Model H3c - This is the worst buy I have ever made and customer service is useless insisting the problem is my fault because I do not know how to use a television set. The automatic channel scan function as well as the tuner stopped picking up channels. I had the cable company check the line and it is good the problem is in the t.v. set. But customer service insist that cannot happen so they refused to help. Scan channel cannot pick up any channels but I input channels manually and some are tuned in but not all. I recommend that nobody ever buy from Hisense. I will also post my experience online for everyone to see.

I purchased a Hisense 50" HD TV in December of 2016. By January of 2017 the tv no longer works. Thank goodness it came with a 4 year warranty right? Well I will let you decide. I called Hisense and explained that my brand new tv stopped working, and two weeks later a tv repair tech shows up. The tech takes my tv apart and puts the new parts in, and it still does not work. Another phone call to Hisense and another two weeks the tv repair tech is back with a new part. And again the new part does not work. A third phone call to Hisense, and they want me to send the tv back to their warehouse in Georgia. A week later box shows up on my doorstep. I am now in the process of packing up the tv and sending it off to Georgia. At this point I really don't care if Hisense fixes it or gives me a new one.

Hisense is not a reliable product and they have very poor customer service. I suppose in a couple more weeks I will have a working tv, but then again I may not. I have given up on Hisense and their 4 year warranty, so I purchased a nice Samsung for $100 more than what I paid for the Hisense. When or if the Hisense returns a fully functioning tv I plan to sell it. Just not worth the headache to see if it works, or for how long. If you are interested in buying a HD Hisense tv with a 4 year warranty, I'll sell you one for great price!

This product is the worst. As soon as it was a year old a screen popped up wanting to update. Called customer support and they explained the TV missed the updates while it sat at the store, so now the updates blew the motherboard and nothing can be done. Would never waste money on a product that self-destructs like this. Never have bought such a terrible TV, and never will again.

I purchased my Hisense product about 8 months ago. A portion of the screen went out. I called in to customer service and explained in detail what was going on with my device. I was then advised to take a picture with the television on and visible at all angles. I was then informed that after I sent the picture I would receive instructions to send the television off for repair. I never received the instructions for product repair. After following up today I've been told my TV won't be repaired. The representative should have never stated my product would be fixed. This company makes promises they can't keep. I will never purchase another Hisense Product.

I have purchased a hisense led tv under 4 months ago, have lost the receipt and therefore have no warranty. Turned on the tv and had a horizontal line the whole way across. I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment so dropped it down. Never again hisense.

I bought a Hisense TV 9 months ago. I turned it on one day, and the screen had lines running across it. The customer service people were very nice, but it took close to a week for a reply, and then, only when I phoned in. After sending 4 different photos of the TV, I was told that it was caused by physical damage. That tv never moved from the spot that I placed it in after I bought it. It still has the plastic tape around the screen. To no avail... no response from them. I just am very disappointed and now without a TV. It took me a long time to save for it. They just didn't care, and for them to tell me it was caused by physical damage... from pictures??? Seriously? DO NOT BUY HISENSE TV's. They do not stand behind their product!!!

Super professional and friendly customer service. My TV screen was malfunctioning after moving homes there was black lines across the TV. This was 22 months after purchase and I will be honest that TV was on for at least 9 hrs a day everyday. After contacting Hisense customer service it took maybe about 10 minutes for them to set me all up with a shipping label for them to fix my TV. It took maybe 4 days for them to receive and 2 days after that for them to contact me in regards to my TV. Turns out LCD had been broken and they decided to ship me out a brand new tv same size and model which arrived one week later. That was super unexpected and I was really happy with the way they handled everything. I can honestly say I'll be a Hisense customer for as long as they stay in business.

Paid $550 for TV 3 yrs ago. Great everything. No problem ever. Today it went dark & died. I went thru all procedures to try to revive, but not successful. Viewed reviews on other sites, seems to be a common problem. Hisense considered cheap knock-off brand. Went to CES show in Vegas 2013, Hisense rated #1 TV in rest of world 9 yrs running. 2013 first yr in USA, reason I bought. Now out of warranty. Probably won't repair. Big bucks down the drain. Good luck to all other Hisense TV owners.

Very good picture and very easy to operate, hi sense 50 inch smart tv , 50" hisense led 1080p 120hz smart hdtv w/ Wi-fi , I am very happy with the quality of the television!

Hisense 40 inch led smart tv - Very good tv lots of features, several media inputs picture is great several volume and picture adjustments to work with speakers maybe could be better.

Works perfect, sharp picture, smart TV. Great price for size and picture sharpness and quality. I would buy again. Was worried when I purchased about unknown to me brand, but got a 2 year extended warranty which appears to of been a waste other than for a peace of mind.

Hisense TVs Company Profile