2.03/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

45 Hisense TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My experience with these people has been absolutely horrible. After purchasing my television (Hisense 40") from a Wal-Mart some time in October of 2016, I began to have issues with my television almost immediately after plugging it in out of the box. The television would turn itself off and back on again on its own without me wishing it to do so. Initially I thought the television was just calibrating itself so I didn't think much of it. I didn't really use the TV much the following week. After about two or three weeks after purchasing a DVD player, cable & internet and a PS4 I began trying to use my TV much more frequently for movies, cable TV shows & online video games. Almost immediately it became apparent I had a problem.

The TV would continually turn itself on and off in spurs for almost 5-10 minutes at a time making it nearly impossible to do anything or enjoy watching anything on it. I thought about taking it back to the Wal-Mart I had purchased it from but had exceeded my two weeks to do so because after my purchase I had been very busy with errands and work. So with that being said I decided to contact Hisense about the issue since I had the television under warranty when I bought it at the register.

To make this to the point, I had a technician from Hisense come out to my house not once but twice to fix the issue and he was unable to solve the problem especially since it's hard to tell if it's fixed or not because the television would spazz out randomly but then work again for hours at a time. All of which I video recorded via cellphone and emailed to Hisense. I was then instructed to mail them the TV not once, not twice but three times and on the third time they sent me a replacement television which only lasted about a week before the audio went out!! Jeez.

So finally after having an aneurysm over the phone I was able to convince them to give me a refund. I sent the television in September 15th and it's now November 11th and I have still yet to receive my refund. This is the only television in my home. I've spent more money paying for the cable and Internet that I can't use because I have no TV to use it on than what the television itself is worth. I just feel so ripped off. This whole experience has just been hell and it's been going on for over a year now. With the amount of times I've sent that television in to be repaired and sent it in for a refund I've probably been without a TV for a total of 4 months, possibly more. The rest of the year I've just dealt with the television in between sending it in for repairs because I really just wanted to use it and was tired of sitting around waiting for them to fix it just to get it back and find out it's still broken. So I would just deal with it for a month or two at a time.

Please for the love of God anybody reading this do not purchase anything from these people. Stay away and go with a trusted name brand. Their warranty is crap. If whatever you bought from these people doesnt work you are better off taking the loss throwing it in the trash and moving on with your life. These people are scam artists and do not back up their products!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

After only 3 years, the picture went out on my 55 inch TV. My husband is a recent amputee, so we can't afford to buy another one for months. The TV was his form of entertainment and now he has to sit on the porch and watch a small loaner. This has been hard, because our summers have been 100 degrees, and now we are getting cold fronts coming in.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I purchased the 39 in Smart TV the first week of Oct. But didn't have it set up until 4 DAYS AGO... Was working perfectly and I loved it even though it didn't have Hulu access. This morning it started turning off, after the 3rd time it wouldn't come back on even with the on-TV power button. I contacted Hisense and now I have to return it to them. It worked for 4 DAYS!!! And now I have to WAIT for a secure box to send it back, dropped it off at UPS or FedEx, WAIT until they repair or replace it and then WAIT to get it or a replacement back!!? It worked for 4 DAYS!!! NEVER AGAIN will I trust an off-brand!! I had a Phillips TV for over 25 years, an RCA for 15 years and a Panasonic now for over 5 years and it's still going strong... So angry right now!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The brand new Hisense TV I bought 4 months ago with 3 year warranty just suddenly stopped working properly. The display just suddenly went black but the audio was still working. My sister rang the customer service and after a week 2 technicians came to our house to have a look. They later found out that the Hisense should replace it as it can't be fixed. After a week of waiting no one has called us to update regarding the replacement. So I called on a Monday. They said that they haven't got the final report yet from the technician and will call me back 24-48 hours regarding the update. After 48 hours no one has called me again and decided to follow it up.

When I spoke with another customer service, they said I will need to wait another 7-10 business days before someone can come and replace my TV. So I asked what? Another 7-10 BUSINESS days from now? So if that would be the case I will need to wait another 2 weeks? So It will actually take 1 month overall just to replace my TV?! It's so hard not having a TV for 2 weeks and another 2 weeks of waiting?! If I did not followed it up is it going to take longer??? What a poor service HISENSE! It made me regret buying HISENSE TV!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I loved this TV until I decided to use the smart part of the TV. It has lots of loaded content, but it's ancient. I decided to save some money and cut the cord. I can only use the apps that are preloaded on the TV. I paid in advance for a full year of Feel which is now Hallmark movies now. I can't use it with this TV without buying the same thing you need for a regular TV. Definitely a waste of money since we paid more than double for this TV compared to another of the same size. It's 55 inches and has a beautiful picture. I have no other problems with the set except now I need to spend even more money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had been happy with my Hisense 55 in TV until the picture just went out after about 3 years. CS told me to take it to a repair shop because it isn't under warranty. Too bad no one will work on these TVs!

Resolution response: Oct. 27, 2017

The gentleman I spoke with was mistaken. I received the newest line of tv, brand new. I still stand by how inconvenient and frustrating it was to get to this point but am happy with the outcome.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I'll start this by saying that in the end I am satisfied-ish.. I purchased a 55 in. Smart TV in 2015. I usually stay within brand names that I know and trust but it was Black Friday and the deal was too good to pass up. The TV worked great for about a year and a half when suddenly the picture went out but the sound still worked, hmm...

I contacted the Hisense warranty department and was asked to e-mail a copy of my receipt for proof of purchase before anything else, which I did. I waited 48 hours (the time in which they had to contact me after submitting the receipt) and heard nothing. I contacted them and was told they don't show it was received, after waiting on hold for a while they "found" it. The first step was to have a technician look at it, the wait time to have them come out was a week (typical) and they wanted to give 4 hour time windows (also typical). With my work schedule this was not possible so I asked to contact the tech directly to drop off at their shop - not a problem, so far so good.

I dropped the TV off to the tech and was told we were waiting on the part Hisense thought it was. Tech replaced the part, didn't fix it and reported it was the panel that was the problem. This is where everything went downhill. Per the written Hisense warranty there are two options should you have an issue with your TV: 1. They pay parts and labor to a certified technician for repair or 2. They replace the TV with a like or better model.

So my understanding at this point is they are going to replace it, they contacted me and said the next step is to go get the TV back from the tech, they will ship me an empty box (Which I have to sign for), package my TV into the empty box, take it to a FedEx store and ship it to them in Georgia and they will repair the panel which they cannot ship to the tech because it's delicate and they will ship it back to me (Have to sign for again). Holy inconvenience Batman!!! Fine... if that's what has to be done then that's what I’ll do but, I asked that they change the address in my file to my office address as I am not home to sign for anything during the day and cannot get to a FedEx store before they close, was assured it had been changed and please wait 5-7 days for your big empty box.

5-7 days later I receive a call from a FedEx driver who is at my house with a large empty box I need to sign for, Great! I contacted Hisense and they had not changed the address so I had to leave work early to pick it up. My main concern about shipping it to them was "What if it's damaged being shipped to you?" and was told by the supervisor that they assume all responsibility during shipping.

First thing you find in the empty box is a disclaimer that if the TV is damaged in shipping your warranty is void, well that's the opposite of what I was told. Packed the TV the best I could and missed some more work to take it to FedEx. A few days later I received a call that they have received the TV and will ship me a replacement (Awesome!) as my TV was "unrepairable". I asked for the model number they were shipping and was told 55H8C which is an upgrade to a 4K smart TV and their newest model! Wow, amazing customer service! I tend not to believe things so I called again and had them confirm the model number I was given and to my surprise they confirmed that was the one being shipped. At this point I was fully prepared to buy Hisense everything, even though there had been problems they obviously cared that I remain a lifelong customer by making it right, right???

This morning I arrive at work and to their credit the second time around they shipped it to the right place but when I opened the box the model number that was confirmed twice to be 55H8C read on the box as 55H7D a lower quality and year older model than I was told... I called Hisense for the millionth time and asked him to confirm the model being shipped and he again said 55H8C, when I informed him that is not what I just received I was placed on hold for a while. He checked why the wrong one was sent. He came back on the phone and instead said I was told wrong when I talked to them last week, I asked him why he said the same thing when I called and could not give a good answer. He said he would check with a supervisor and call me back - 4 hours ago. I'm not going to hold my breath because even if they do call me back from my experience so far I don't see them making anything right or having a good explanation.

I wrote in the beginning that I am satisfied-ish because yes, they did replace the TV under warranty and it is a better TV than what I had but the amount of time and effort and lying and mistakes made on their part were not worth the frustration. In their opening line recording they state they make everything, appliances etc... not just TV's. As a homeowner who will buy many of the products they manufacture in the future. It would be in their best interest to get and keep customers who will buy more of everything from them. Having a TV break in a year and a half already doesn't bode well for instilling confidence in their products topped with the way they handle business when something does happen equals losing a customer for life and when that happens enough you no longer have a business - I shouldn't have to explain that to such a "large" company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Reported to Hisense customer service (in Jamaica) that my new TV had white dots all over the screen less than 6 months after I bought it. It has a one-year warranty. Customer service said I had to send a picture of the TV (all 4 corners, as clear as possible) before they will send a technician. I sent 2 of the best pictures that I could take with the only camera I have. Hisense responded to the email saying they weren't good enough pictures. I called customer service again and said I can't take any better pictures without a professional photographer. Supposedly, a supervisor will call me within 24-48 hours. Delaying tactics, obviously. I wish I had read the reviews posted on this website BEFORE buying a Hisense TV.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We strongly regret buying Hisense! The first TV did not work right out of the box. We exchanged it at store for another. That one worked fine. We bought 2nd larger Hisense TV for living room... 5 months later our daughter accidentally cracked the screen. I called 'the Geek Squad' & was told that they can't send repair man because Hisense will not release parts to anyone. So, I called Hisense. The gentleman there said they don't handle any repairs. He said I had to call a local repairman & have him call service dept. to see if parts were avail. So, I called local repairman. He would not call Hisense, he had dealt with them before & never had luck getting replacement parts. So, I called Hisense only to be told they do not even make replacement screens. You cannot claim to make 'high end' products & not make replacement parts for something as commonplace as a cracked screen. IMO, they deserve a big fat ZERO!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I just bought the Hisense 43 inch 4k UHD smart TV at Best Buy yesterday. It is certainly an improvement to my 10 year old 1080p flat screen TV but not nearly as good a TV as say our Sony 43 inch 4k UHD smart TV in our living room. What I first noticed after getting it set up is that they don't offer all the apps that I am accustomed to. It's missing Hulu and some other mainstream apps. It does have Youtube, Vudu, Amazon however. It uses the Opera app, which I am not real fond of. Although the picture quality is decent, if you are looking at the TV straight on, colors look vibrant and bright, but if you walk from left to right side or up or down and not straight on at the TV those colors fade and the brightness fades a tad.

Our Sony doesn't do this, you get great picture quality no matter where you are situated looking at the TV. The price was definitely far less than LG and Insignia and Vizio. I paid 349.99 for it and the LG, Vizio and Insignia brands were 379 or higher for the same sized Smart 4k UHD TVs. If you're looking for a decent picture for a cheap price then I would recommend this TV. If you are looking for a more high end better quality TV that has more apps featured then you may want to go with something else.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

If I could give no stars I would. I have a 55 inch tv I got from Walmart 4/17. It only recognizes HDMI1 and when I called to file a complaint to either receive a new tv or get a refund I was hung up on by the first rude representative. I called back I got Jeff and his attitude and tone of voice was rude. He then forward me to the manager on the floor who was Jarone. His attitude was ok I guess, it was like the other two. I had to call back for them to trouble shoot my tv and I got some lady who talked to me as if I was not smart at all, like I had no clue how to do something as simple as plugging the cords in the right input. You can't have a horrible product and horrible customer service. Hisense work on that!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I purchased a 40 inch Hisense TV from Walmart on 01/26/17. Took it home, hooked it up would not power on, returned it within the hour and was given a replacement. The replacement worked find until July 2017. Turned it on would not power up. I returned it to Walmart and was told the tv was out of store warranty. It only had 90 days store warranty. I would have to contact Hisense. I contacted Hisense the next day and the tech told me that a repair man would contact me the following week. On July 20th the repair man came to my house and repaired the tv. It worked fine until July 23. Again it would not power on. I again contacted Hisense Only to be told I would have to ship the Tv to the Warehouse for them to check it. And it would take up approx. 2 weeks. Even spoke to a manager who told me the same thing. Even asked for a refund only to be told no refund.

I am a consumer spending my hard earned money on a product that did not work at all then worked 6 months, and went out then 3 days and went out and now I have to wait two weeks or more. It's plain to me that Hisense does not care about their product or their customer, only getting your money. Why should anyone spend their time and money on a RIP OFF.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Hisense Smart TV is a big rip off. The TV does not work as a smart TV. The web browser does not work, the apps do not work. They all quit shortly after purchase. Customer service sucks! We need to file a rip off class action lawsuit against Hisense!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I had a tv for a year and half. The screen went white and it stopped working. Still under warranty I called customer service and they said they would send out a tech to repair it in 3 days. However it took 2 and a half weeks for the tech to even come. He took apart my TV and said he could not fix it and that I would have to return it to Hisense. I then contacted customer service again and was told I would be shipped out a return box and label. That took another 2 weeks. I got the box and packed up my 55 inch TV and had to load it up myself and take it to UPS because Hisense would not pay the extra $10 to have it picked up at my home.

It took another week for Hisense to contact me and let me know they were sending me a brand new TV. When I get this NEW TV it is not the same size or quality of the original TV. But because I had to wait a month to get it I dealt with it. NOW, less than 2 months later this NEW TV has gone out. Nothing but a black screen. I AGAIN contacted customer service and was informed that we will be starting this same process all over again. I guess I will be waiting a month to get a TV that is going to work for 2 months again.

This is unacceptable and I do not recommend this company or brand of TV to anyone. The company has been very unprofessional in handling my situation and the many other reviews that I have read. This company is using cheap parts and labor to make products that do not last or perform to the other standards of product by other companies of the same magnitude. At this point I am very angry and pissed off that I will be waiting for them to send me a box to return a TV so they can look at it and see it's broke and then wait to send me a new one. If they know the product is faulty then just send me the new one. I don't want to keep the broken one for Pete's sake. BAD all around experience. I WON'T RECOMMEND HISENSE TO ANYONE... EVER!

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have had this Hisense 55" Ultra HDTV for about a year and a half. It was in the Walmart aisle for a super-low price, so I bought it for my bedroom. I have been nothing but pleased with this purchase. The picture is as good as, if not better than, the $1500 Samsung UHD that I have in my living room, and I think I only paid about $550 for the Hisense. I would add that the sound is exponentially better than the Samsung --- I had to buy a sound bar for my Samsung because the sound was so bad. Great picture, great sound, great price --- all I want in a TV. AND the Hisense came with a four-year warranty (it is my understanding that the warranty is now only for 1 year). The 3-year extended warranty is only $69 at Walmart if you wish additional peace of mind. Even with the addition of the warranty, the price is much lower than for a similar name-brand TV. I have no hesitation recommending this product.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I bought the above TV from Harvey Norman Loganholme, Queensland. I purchased it for $600 and this included a 4 years extended warranty. This brought the total warranty to 7 years. I bought in late January 2017. Late May 2017 I was sitting on the sofa and started the TV with the remote. A white blotch appeared in the right hand corner. This blotch grew progressively bad until the whole right hand quadrant was black. Hisense sent their technician and he wrote 'crack' on his report. Hisense tell me crack means internal accident damage. They also said impact damage. Harvey Norman argued that they would not pay my money back. After a great deal of trouble and arguing, Harvey Norman told me I could have my extended warranty that they said was $60.00. The breakdown is not mentioned on the invoice.

I am now left with a TV which I did not damage or drop. I live alone and hence there is no other person to damage the TV. I went to fair trading and they say that Harvey Norman have not breached any laws. This means I am now $540 poorer because I bought a TV which I thought would give me service for at least 7 years. I have now to find a TV electrician to write a report that tells me what the cause is. There are no external marks on the TV. I believe that the change of weather may have been the cause of the early demise of the TV. Beware of this retailer and brand of TV. Looks like I have all this troublesome work now and they have earned some easy money. NOT VERY PLEASED! I agree that I am in Australia but the product is sold worldwide and I'm sure that a similar situation has occurred somewhere in the world. Please make contributions on similar defects as I have to now go to court to recover my money.

Original review: June 14, 2017

We bought this TV for our parents on a Black Friday Special 6 months ago. This box was not opened at the time of purchase as it was for a spare TV for them. Their TV quit working so they opened the box to use it and it has "no remote" & "no TV stand" in the box due to packaging error. So we can't program without the remote and the TV can't stand without the legs. We contacted the company and they couldn't help since it was past the 90 day window. We could purchase the items for $45 from them. We can buy new far cheaper on eBay. Poor customer service as this was not correct to begin with. Buyer beware - open all boxes at time of purchase.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Do not ever buy a Hisense SMART TV. First their apps go through Opera store, which believe it or not does not HBO or local internet companies available on their apps. So basically you're buying a TV that is not so smart. And their customer service is horrible. The first time I called they said I could buy a Roku to hook to the smart TV and then I could get HBO. Hmmmm... Didn't I buy a smart TV so I wouldn't need any other Appliance? They say that they will wow you but they do not back their TV. They told me to contact opera store and when I asked for the phone number they didn't have it... What kind of customer service is that. They said I needed to contact where I purchased the TV. When I contacted them, since it was over 15 days for Smart TV, I could not return it. So basically I have a piece of crap.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Well let me start off by saying I signed up for this because of the help that goes to others, I just wish there were more charities to choose from. Everything is about the same compared to some of the higher priced televisions.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have a Samsung that is 33 years old and still works. I bought this TV (Hisense Roku 40") last July. It turns off and on by itself. The technician (who I know is going to blame the problem on something else) can't come until Friday of next week. Thanks Hisense!!! Hopefully it will eventually be fixed. For now, no TV. Buyer Beware.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Hisense TV has a beautiful picture and colors are bright and vibrant. The only drawback is the speakers are in the back. Nevertheless, it is very good quality. I have no issues with it since I purchased it in 2012.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I purchased a 40' Hisense TV on sale for well under $200. The TV has met my expectations and I believe it to be an exceptional value for the price. I use it as my entertainment center (computer monitor, TV, with my sound system). However, I seem to be getting a small amount of burn in where the address bar is when I am the internet. But for the price and quality I cannot complain.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I have no problem with my TV, but I do have a problem with calling the 1-888-935-8880 which is suppose to be customer service, I called them to get one long screw that goes down into the bass of the stand, and they send me eight small screws, something that I don' t need. Then they asked me to send them a picture of the screws they sent me, and a picture of the area that the one screw goes in, and my daughter did, and they still trying to tell me those are the screws. People don't waste your time talking to non-speaking people who don't speak English cause you're wasting your time.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I purchased a Hisense 65" 4k Ultra Tv. Had it for a week - it went out. I thought okay I have a 4 year warranty. What they don't tell you is you have to box it up and WAIT for someone to pick up then take to their warehouse (no idea where that is) - THEN they may send you a new TV or repair yours so you can be without a TV for who knows how long. The thing is wall mounted and weighs 85 lbs. Really? I am returning to the store where I purchased. And purchasing one where they come to the house. Who honestly wants to keep lifting a 85 lb TV off and on Wall mounts? Buyer Beware - their warranty is junk.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I purchased a bad television from this company. Is it pure junk. From the moment I opened it up it never turned on. I have made several attempts to contact the customer service and went to the point of having it escalated to a management team who has never returned the calls. They do not stand by their Product. NEVER Buy this brand. It's pure junk... it doesn't even warrant a one star.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I bought a Hisense 55" smart tv in 2014, had issues with pulling up/freezing apps from the beginning. Called Hisense multiple times, they kept putting the problem on my wifi or Roku box. I spent hours on the phone and with technicians at Roku and cable company. Getting a new router did help but still had the same issues. They finally sent out a repairman that said I needed a part. When I told Hisense that, they said I would have to send my 55" tv back to them and I would have to eat any damage that occurred to the tv!!

Of course that changed my mind about sending it, so I just put up with the terrible tv because cable worked fine. When I wanted to get Amazon Prime I tried it again. Hisense sent me through all of the nonsense again, turn it on and off, update, etc. nothing helped. Now they say they can do nothing more because the tv is out of warranty. When I explained that this has been an ongoing issue, they conveniently can't find my early case number because their system changed. If you want to take years off your life and waste a lot of money, go ahead and listen to the good reviews and buy one but I'm telling you it's a crapshoot and you'll be sorry. I have a Sanyo and a Sony that work great and is older than the Hisense.

Original review: March 13, 2017

This item is good for what I paid for it on sale. However, they need to improve their customer service. I advised them 1 month ago I rec'd no remote. I had no reply to my email directly to their customer service site... Unacceptable, I had to borrow one to set the tv up...

Original review: March 12, 2017

I have had very few problems with this TV. It looks good. The price was great. I cannot find anything wrong with it. I am sorry there is one thing wrong with it. It is the way that you would hook the HDMI cables up to it. They are relatively hard to get to but once you do everything is great. The picture is great. Though the looks of the TV is great the price was great cheaper than any of the other ones for this size of 50 inch. I can't tell you any reason why I would buy any other TV.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I just purchased a Hisense tv H6 50 and I realized that I have made a big mistake buying this tv. After having the tv for a week, the unit started freezing up. I waited for a month and the tv froze again and the only way to make it work is to disconnect the power from the unit then the tv will work again. I called Hisense customer service. I explained to them the problem with the tv and I was told that they will have to send a technician to replace parts on the tv. This is only 2 months old tv and it already froze 5 times on me.

First, customer service is very poor. They scheduled the repair for me and I was told someone will call me 24-48 hours before the date scheduled, but no one call until I call Hisense customer service again. I was given a phone number for the technician so I can call him myself. Again very poor customer service. When I spoke to the technician he told me that he cannot make it on the day that the repair was scheduled, he will have to do it the next day. Then I said but I am scheduled for today and the technician answer was that Hisense doesn't schedule the work for him. I called Hisense customer service again, spoke to the supervisor and explained to them what the technician told me but there was nothing they can do. I will have to wait for the next day. Then, I asked for the manager and the supervisor said I will have to wait 24-48 for he/she to call me. I will never buy any Hisense product again.

Original review: March 3, 2017

On a budget with a family it's hard to pay out a lot for entertainment alone. When I seen this t.v. with a 42 in screen for a little over $200.00 I was worried about the picture not being clear and the sound not being so clear. But I am happy to say it's been a great t.v. The sound and picture is great. I would recommend this t.v. to anyone that is on a budget with a family to raise. Thanks to Hisense. It's a real good t.v. for the price.

Hisense TVs Company Information