3.9/5 (621 ratings)

About Hisense TVs

Hisense TVs have a reputation for being high-tech and high quality. Hisense TVs come in several varieties: laser TVs, 4K ULED TVs, 4K UHD TVs and HDTVs. This company also employs quantum dot technology to maximize viewing experiences.

Pros

• Various models
  • Multiple sizes
  • Smart technology
  • Affordable

Cons

• Brand recognition
  • Freezing issues

Bottom Line

Hisense doesn’t have the same brand loyalty that competitors do, but its size and function offerings are still comparable. The company's products are affordable and accessible for U.S. consumers.

Top Hisense TVs Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The picture is excellent and the sound is exceptional and the price was remarkable... I was a little leary because of the brand, I've never heard of it before or knew anyone that ...

Verified

I bought a Hisense Tv back in 2015 and the other day my tv went out… They sent me a brand new television... I just wanted to let everyone know that they are the best. I have 5 His...

What is Hisense TV?

Hisense TVs are available from major retailers like Best Buy, Walmart and Costco and offer premium technologies at budget pricing. Some Hisense televisions have smart capabilities, which means they respond to voice commands and feature video streaming apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and YouTube. The company’s full lineup includes:

• Laser TVs
  • Premium 4K ULED TVs
  • 4K ULED TVs
  • 4K UHD TVs
  • HD TVs

There are several series within each model line. Hisense TVs provide sharp images, good color balance and built-in integration for Roku, Android and Vidaa. Each TV has at least two 4K-compatible HDMI inputs.

Hisense is lesser known than some of its competitors in the United States, but the quality and affordability the company offers have made it one of the fastest-growing TV brands in the country. The company makes a variety of other appliances and accessories, including refrigerators, beverage chillers, air purifiers, portable air conditioners and dehumidifiers.

Hisense TV prices

Because Hisense TVs are available from various retailers in numerous sizes with multiple smart-technology capabilities, prices range from $200 to around $10,000. Consumers who want an average screen size — usually between 55 inches and 65 inches — and features like smart technology, 4K resolution and a ULED display can expect to pay between $700 and $1,200 for a Hisense TV.

Hisense FAQ

Who are Hisense TVs made by?
Hisense manufactures its own TVs. The company is owned by Hisense Co. Ltd., which is based in China with production facilities in Europe, Central America and South Africa.
How long does a Hisense TV last?
Most televisions last between five and 10 years.
What kind of TV is Hisense?
Televisions made by Hisense are available in laser, ULED, UHD and HD models and include many smart functions and features.
Do Hisense TVs have a warranty?
Hisense TVs include a one-year warranty for parts and labor (the laser models feature a two-year warranty), and its TV accessories have a 90-day warranty on parts and labor. The company offers extended warranties.

Is Hisense a good TV?

Though the Hisense brand is fairly new to the U.S. market, it’s gaining traction with consumers because of its quality, affordability and accessibility. Each series serves different functions, so some types are best for streaming and viewing, while others are more favorable for gaming. We like Hisense for its smart technology features, size options and warranties. If you’re looking for an economically-priced television, consider Hisense.

Hisense TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I was in the market for a new TV two years ago. I was looking for the best TV bang for the buck. That's when I discovered Hisense. I've never heard of the brand before, so I was a bit weary. Luckily, I purchased a Geek Squad 5 year protection plan. I am very glad I did that. Here's why... At exactly two years, my Hisense 55H8G would boot to a Hisense Android TV logo for 30 second, then shut off. It turns out that when I attempted to contact Hisense for help, they pretty much hung up on me. That's when I contacted Best Buy and told them about my issue. They knew right away what it was. It was the mainboard. My problem was an extremely common issue. The mainboard I needed was back ordered. (No surprise there.)

I waited a month for the part to come in and today, Geek Squad replaced it. I have yet to try it as I am at work. Searching the internet, I am not the only one with the issue. I will most likely have the same issue again in two years. That doesn't make me have much confidence in using this TV. This was my first Hisense product, and it will be my last Hisense product. Do yourself a favor and stick to the well known brands. To Hisense I say, "You done messed up A-Aron!"

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Got 2 new and they both died within 6 months. A 42 inch in living room and a 75 inch in master bedroom. Horrible experience. They both simply went black and would not come back even after trying ALL things on web to revive them. I'm an electronic engineer. We have good electricity. My big pro digital recording studio no problem and my sensitive equipment fine. My editing room fine. I have a big amount of electronics overall. No problems except Hisense TVs. Bought them separately slightly different different dates. They both simply died within 6 weeks of each other. HISENSE IS BAD NEWS. STAY AWAY!!!

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I bought a 43 inch Hisense Smart TV in 2019, great deal. Easy to install, color okay. As time went on the screen kept getting darker and darker. Then three months ago when trying to turn the TV on, it would take 2-3 tries and by day five, that was it, would not come in at all. Went to the Walmart page to look at reviews for this TV. Lo and behold my same issues were widespread, screen getting darker and darker and TV not turning on. I am disabled and live in a fixed income. I took out the extended warranty but can't find it. You may just get what you pay for. Bargain price is not always best.

Original review: July 29, 2022

We always had a variety of random glitches. One included that the television would be unresponsive to turning on so we’d unplug it and plug it back in and then turn it on. This worked for a while until one day it would not turn on entirely and we’ve had the tv for less than 2 years. Hisense could not help us because it was too old… So we researched solutions and found out it is actually a very common issue among these tvs. We replaced the power board as recommended but it did not work. Others tvs permanently crash after system updates so it may have been that.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I purchased Hisense 55 inch TV on August 2021. Now the TV is not responding. I informed and the technician came for checking. He informed that TV main board is gone. It will take time to get board from company. And he has taken the photos of board. Now 16 days finished. Few days back I got a call from the Hisense service centre and they informed me that your TV board we were ordered but we got a remote from the company instead of TV board. Today they informed me that it will take time, for that you have to wait 10 days more. See what a irresponsible.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I purchased a $1,000 75" TV in December of 2020 and now there is sound but no picture - every time we have called on this they basically tell us since it is out of warranty there is nothing that you can do. That is unacceptable. Since I bought the TV I had an HDMI port stop working and was instructed to do a hard reset of the TV, then had a purple pigment on everything WHILE IN WARRANTY - now that the warranty has expired my TV has no picture, BUT IT IS APPARENTLY NOT THEIR PROBLEM - THAT IS RIDICULOUS! Building TV's that are designed to fail within 2 years with a 1-year warranty is pretty sleezy and they should be ashamed of themselves!!!!

Original review: July 10, 2022

I received a Hisense 58 inch for christmas 2020. As of 3 days ago 7/7/22 unable to turn on tv. Red light blinks but nothing happens. When I called customer service they told me to hit reset button which I already had pushed. Rep said out of warranty and I would have to call a technician in Virginia and I live in Tennessee. I will replace tv but it will not be a hisense product.

Original review: June 16, 2022

14 months and splotches were terrible. Unwatchable. Contacted Hisense and they said sorry, Warranty is only 12 months. Not eligible for repair. I asked for them to reconsider as that it was unacceptable, and it should last more than one year. They did not respond.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Updated on 06/19/2022: I got new Hisense SmartTV. Within 2 month screen blackout after software automatic update, spent 6 weeks emails and calls communication then technical guy checked the panel is defective and we will get TV replacement within 2 days. But suddenly they updated the opposite. They can't replace it.

Original Review: I bought Hisense smart TV 2 months ago brand new. Suddenly screen blackout due to manufacturer defect, created a case then after one week of calls and followup they requested to take it and travel total of 40KM driving and spending fuel cost 25$. Also to take half-day unpaid work leave...all of that financial losses to send to their maintenance shop!! I am frustrated and unhappy from this experience. Till date after 15 days no supervisor called to resolve after several escalations.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I have had the worst experience with this TV and I would discourage people not to buying it. It is cheap, yes but the difficulties and challenges that you will face when using it are not worth the few tens of $ you will be saving to purchase this piece of junk. When using Netflix and youtube It hangs. Actually freezes and you have to switch it off from the main switch in order for it to start working again. Sometimes the Youtube option stops working for months on end and then starts working again only for it to stop again. The worst part is that you cannot update the software as there is no option of updating it. This TV should never be sold AS A SMART tv as IT IS NOT ONE. Save your money and look elsewhere

Hisense TVs Company Information