3.9/5 (664 ratings)

About Hisense TVs

Hisense TVs have a reputation for being high-tech and high quality. Hisense TVs come in several varieties: laser TVs, 4K ULED TVs, 4K UHD TVs and HDTVs. This company also employs quantum dot technology to maximize viewing experiences.

Pros

• Various models
  • Multiple sizes
  • Smart technology
  • Affordable

Cons

• Brand recognition
  • Freezing issues

Bottom Line

Hisense doesn’t have the same brand loyalty that competitors do, but its size and function offerings are still comparable. The company's products are affordable and accessible for U.S. consumers.

Top Hisense TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Verified

The picture is excellent and the sound is exceptional and the price was remarkable... I was a little leary because of the brand, I've never heard of it before or knew anyone that ...

Verified

I bought a Hisense Tv back in 2015 and the other day my tv went out… They sent me a brand new television... I just wanted to let everyone know that they are the best. I have 5 His...

What is Hisense TV?

Hisense TVs are available from major retailers like Best Buy, Walmart and Costco and offer premium technologies at budget pricing. Some Hisense televisions have smart capabilities, which means they respond to voice commands and feature video streaming apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and YouTube. The company’s full lineup includes:

• Laser TVs
  • Premium 4K ULED TVs
  • 4K ULED TVs
  • 4K UHD TVs
  • HD TVs

There are several series within each model line. Hisense TVs provide sharp images, good color balance and built-in integration for Roku, Android and Vidaa. Each TV has at least two 4K-compatible HDMI inputs.

Hisense is lesser known than some of its competitors in the United States, but the quality and affordability the company offers have made it one of the fastest-growing TV brands in the country. The company makes a variety of other appliances and accessories, including refrigerators, beverage chillers, air purifiers, portable air conditioners and dehumidifiers.

Hisense TV prices

Because Hisense TVs are available from various retailers in numerous sizes with multiple smart-technology capabilities, prices range from $200 to around $10,000. Consumers who want an average screen size — usually between 55 inches and 65 inches — and features like smart technology, 4K resolution and a ULED display can expect to pay between $700 and $1,200 for a Hisense TV.

Hisense FAQ

Who are Hisense TVs made by?
Hisense manufactures its own TVs. The company is owned by Hisense Co. Ltd., which is based in China with production facilities in Europe, Central America and South Africa.
How long does a Hisense TV last?
Most televisions last between five and 10 years.
What kind of TV is Hisense?
Televisions made by Hisense are available in laser, ULED, UHD and HD models and include many smart functions and features.
Do Hisense TVs have a warranty?
Hisense TVs include a one-year warranty for parts and labor (the laser models feature a two-year warranty), and its TV accessories have a 90-day warranty on parts and labor. The company offers extended warranties.

Is Hisense a good TV?

Though the Hisense brand is fairly new to the U.S. market, it’s gaining traction with consumers because of its quality, affordability and accessibility. Each series serves different functions, so some types are best for streaming and viewing, while others are more favorable for gaming. We like Hisense for its smart technology features, size options and warranties. If you’re looking for an economically-priced television, consider Hisense.

Hisense TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

This 32" Hisense TV has been glitchy since purchase 2 years ago, with no help from customer service after a number of attempts. This is a rural area with iffy internet, but the TV loses internet connectivity when other devices are having no issues and ARE connected. THEN the TV will indicate it has wireless but no internet connection, then hooks up. I have reset this TV about weekly since I've owned it. I am looking at a screen saying "Can't connect right now" while the status menu says "Internet connection - Connected". This week the remote is acting up; two battery changes, remote and TV reset, twisting & turning batteries, tapping against hand, etc. - nothing.

Suddenly it is back to where it cut out in reset mode. So, I'm on the internet on laptop while TV can't make a connection. However, while I cannot connect to Prime, YouTube, etc. due to no internet connection, I discovered that Netflix is up & running. Aagghh!! Also, I dislike that the volume always returns to a much higher setting than I use after shut down, or between services or shows on one service. I don't expect perfection, I know the limitations of my locale, I work on my own car and house and understand mechanicals/electronics, but this thing tries my patience. I'm only glad that I bought this smaller TV - because I needed a specific size for my cabinet - before investing in a larger TV when I move into another home. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I had a 4K UHD smart TV that was 75". A little over a year later the image went completely out with nothing but sound. Hisense customer service said there was nothing they could do about it and I was on my own have a good day. Horrible customer service and horrible product. When you pay $700 for a TV that doesn't last more than a year and a customer service department that tells you you're on your own, That's horrible. Total waste of money.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We bought the TV just over 2 years ago. It worked fine, then suddenly quit working. It turns on and immediately turns off. Out of warranty, so we are out of luck. It is too expensive to fix. Very unhappy and dissatisfied. I would never buy another one.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

We had the tv for less than 3 years. Was working great. Had issues with connections to sound bar but then we had even more issues. It stopped working overnight. It comes on but then closes down after freezing up. Will not let you do anything. Tried to reset. Did not do anything. Talked to customer service. They won't help as it is out of warranty. Waste of 45 mins there. We also had a fridge freezer from same company. Does not work right after 3 months. Returning it. Has a history of failures so not buy.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

TV just quit working. Hisense will not even answer any of my inquiries. I have gone to their website and asked for help, sent an email to their customer service, did a chat and they just directed me to a site that I had to pay for to speak to a technician! Poor customer service. Finally was able to get through and spoke to someone on the phone, she just blew me off and pretty much hung up on me. A purchase of this type should last longer than 3 yrs. Hisense won't even contact me to try to rectify the problem or discuss a solution. I have had to resort back to my 16-year-old plasma TV, an off-the-wall brand, but it is still working. Very disappointed with Hisense product and their customer service. Obviously, they do not care about the customer. Will never recommend Hisense products to anyone. Would give them zero star if I could.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

HiSense televisions are some of the most thinnest and unstrengthened glass screen televisions on the market. By not using strong glass the screens are designed, YES designed to crack with the slightest pressure by moving. The lack of proper hand placeholds also adds to this problem. Support staff sound lax and too busy to supply meaningful support...Sorry I interrupted your game of FORTNITE because I had an issue with my HiSense television 'Stephannie.' Just because you hate your job is no reason to fob us off!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Purchased a 65" 10/09/22, Easy setup and I thought good quality, although the remote control was slightly temperamental. 20 / 10 /22, T.V. would not switch on.

Contacted Hisense direct, and explained issue. Finally I C T V were contacted to investigate, SENSOR fault. Still no repair 08 / 11 / 22. And no contact by Hisense. Stay clear of these televisions, as there are many complaints on quality/build and customer service.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

The television stopped working after 15 months of ownership. Problem is part related. I submitted a request to extend the warranty. Took close to an hour (a chat and three calls, two of which disconnected, to reach customer service).

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I was in the market for a new TV two years ago. I was looking for the best TV bang for the buck. That's when I discovered Hisense. I've never heard of the brand before, so I was a bit weary. Luckily, I purchased a Geek Squad 5 year protection plan. I am very glad I did that. Here's why... At exactly two years, my Hisense 55H8G would boot to a Hisense Android TV logo for 30 second, then shut off. It turns out that when I attempted to contact Hisense for help, they pretty much hung up on me. That's when I contacted Best Buy and told them about my issue. They knew right away what it was. It was the mainboard. My problem was an extremely common issue. The mainboard I needed was back ordered. (No surprise there.)

I waited a month for the part to come in and today, Geek Squad replaced it. I have yet to try it as I am at work. Searching the internet, I am not the only one with the issue. I will most likely have the same issue again in two years. That doesn't make me have much confidence in using this TV. This was my first Hisense product, and it will be my last Hisense product. Do yourself a favor and stick to the well known brands. To Hisense I say, "You done messed up A-Aron!"

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Got 2 new and they both died within 6 months. A 42 inch in living room and a 75 inch in master bedroom. Horrible experience. They both simply went black and would not come back even after trying ALL things on web to revive them. I'm an electronic engineer. We have good electricity. My big pro digital recording studio no problem and my sensitive equipment fine. My editing room fine. I have a big amount of electronics overall. No problems except Hisense TVs. Bought them separately slightly different different dates. They both simply died within 6 weeks of each other. HISENSE IS BAD NEWS. STAY AWAY!!!

Hisense TVs Company Information