2.9/5 (133 ratings)

About Hisense TVs

Hisense TVs have a reputation for being high-tech and high quality. Hisense TVs come in several varieties: laser TVs, 4K ULED TVs, 4K UHD TVs and HDTVs. This company also employs quantum dot technology to maximize viewing experiences.

Pros

• Various models
  • Multiple sizes
  • Smart technology
  • Affordable

Cons

• Brand recognition
  • Freezing issues

Bottom Line

Hisense doesn’t have the same brand loyalty that competitors do, but its size and function offerings are still comparable. The company's products are affordable and accessible for U.S. consumers.

Top Hisense TVs Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The picture is excellent and the sound is exceptional and the price was remarkable... I was a little leary because of the brand, I've never heard of it before or knew anyone that ...

Verified

I bought a Hisense Tv back in 2015 and the other day my tv went out… They sent me a brand new television... I just wanted to let everyone know that they are the best. I have 5 His...

What is Hisense TV?

Hisense TVs are available from major retailers like Best Buy, Walmart and Costco and offer premium technologies at budget pricing. Some Hisense televisions have smart capabilities, which means they respond to voice commands and feature video streaming apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and YouTube. The company’s full lineup includes:

• Laser TVs
  • Premium 4K ULED TVs
  • 4K ULED TVs
  • 4K UHD TVs
  • HD TVs

There are several series within each model line. Hisense TVs provide sharp images, good color balance and built-in integration for Roku, Android and Vidaa. Each TV has at least two 4K-compatible HDMI inputs.

Hisense is lesser known than some of its competitors in the United States, but the quality and affordability the company offers have made it one of the fastest-growing TV brands in the country. The company makes a variety of other appliances and accessories, including refrigerators, beverage chillers, air purifiers, portable air conditioners and dehumidifiers.

Hisense TV prices

Because Hisense TVs are available from various retailers in numerous sizes with multiple smart-technology capabilities, prices range from $200 to around $10,000. Consumers who want an average screen size — usually between 55 inches and 65 inches — and features like smart technology, 4K resolution and a ULED display can expect to pay between $700 and $1,200 for a Hisense TV.

Hisense FAQ

Who are Hisense TVs made by?
Hisense manufactures its own TVs. The company is owned by Hisense Co. Ltd., which is based in China with production facilities in Europe, Central America and South Africa.
How long does a Hisense TV last?
Most televisions last between five and 10 years.
What kind of TV is Hisense?
Televisions made by Hisense are available in laser, ULED, UHD and HD models and include many smart functions and features.
Do Hisense TVs have a warranty?
Hisense TVs include a one-year warranty for parts and labor (the laser models feature a two-year warranty), and its TV accessories have a 90-day warranty on parts and labor. The company offers extended warranties.

Is Hisense a good TV?

Though the Hisense brand is fairly new to the U.S. market, it’s gaining traction with consumers because of its quality, affordability and accessibility. Each series serves different functions, so some types are best for streaming and viewing, while others are more favorable for gaming. We like Hisense for its smart technology features, size options and warranties. If you’re looking for an economically-priced television, consider Hisense.

Hisense TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I would like to give a shout-out to Mathew, the Hisense Customer Support agent assigned to my bizarre case. The new 2021 Android TV worked fine -- except for the fact that I could not install a critical app. The latest software Hisense promptly sent me didn't fix the problem. We were both stumped, until Andrew suggested that one of my old (forgotten) accounts might be an obstacle. He was right! I would never have figured this out on my own. Then he patiently waited until I'd confirmed his out-of-the-box insight. Such friendly, impressive support deserves a grateful review.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Hello Hisense, Recently I have purchased your Hisense Tornado 50 inch TV. The product is Amazing and I am totally happy and satisfied with it. But one thing I would like to convey about your TV remote design is, The HOME button on remote is exactly below and closed to down navigation key. So whenever I tried to press down navigation (blindly with eyes over screen) I end up with pressing home button and got exited from wherever I was and it irritated me a lot. You need to think over it. Design your remote so that our mussels memory can save the buttons quickly without confusion. I hope my concern is understandable. Thank you.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

This tv company gives you everything that you need for half the cost. They last a very long time and you will not be disappointed. I have 3 in my home and they have been working for 3 yrs now with no issues.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

We have a 52 inch Hisense Roku Smart TV which has a very clear and colorful picture. It has great sound and was very inexpensive. We originally had purchased a 40 inch one and when we went bigger, we got another Hisense. If we get another, we will look into the same brand!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I bought my 65" tv through Walmart last November. As of 2 days ago the screen totally went out. I sent pics of the TV off and on and the tech says the damage occurred here. Nothing has touched our TV and it hasn't been moved since. Apparently it's not covered under manufacturer's warranty. So basically I'm screwed on the money I spent because they refuse to repair or replace this brand new TV. I'm not very happy about the situation and will never buy from them again. I highly recommend letting everyone know how big of a joke this company is.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I have had the worst experience with this TV and I would discourage people not to buying it. It is cheap, yes but the difficulties and challenges that you will face when using it are not worth the few tens of $ you will be saving to purchase this piece of junk. When using Netflix and youtube It hangs. Actually freezes and you have to switch it off from the main switch in order for it to start working again. Sometimes the Youtube option stops working for months on end and then starts working again only for it to stop again. The worst part is that you cannot update the software as there is no option of updating it. This TV should never be sold AS A SMART tv as IT IS NOT ONE. Save your money and look elsewhere

Original review: April 20, 2022

Less than 2 years ago I purchased a Hisense Roku TV and enjoyed it and had no issues then all of the sudden the television would not turn on Hisense will do nothing to resolve my issue. Terrible quality and terrible service. I would never purchase a Hisense product again! This is also a common issue that I had seen on many websites with multiple customers my television was manufactured August 19th 2019. Terrible. Terrible. Do not buy. Save your money and buy another brand.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I bought a few TV's of this same size for workroom facilities, only 1 of them was made by Hisense. Now, three months later the LED's just stopped working. No way to return the TV to Walmart because they say to contact the vendor, no support from Hisense since they're in South Africa, so now we have this brand new TV that doesn't work. These things are poorly made garbage. DO NOT BUY THEM. You get what you pay for and if you buy a Hisense TV YOU WILL PAY FOR IT with time and more money replacing the piece of junk they sold you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

It’s a good TV for a Bull’s-eye for my shotgun. Watching paint dry is worth every penny. Don’t buy this Chinese piece of ———. It’s a paperweight and a good lawn ornament as long as you put a crap ton of dirt on it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I bought a 55" Roku TV from the company in 2020. After two years, the TV is now stuck in a continuous cycle of turning on and off repeatedly. I understand about the warranty expiring but if this company believes that a two year life span is acceptable for a customer who spent between $400- $500 on one of their products, that's ridiculous. My previous TV, a Panasonic lasted 10 years. Their live chat was of no help and they told me I can call the customer support line and speak to a supervisor there, this was not the case, I was told by their customer support that there is no supervisor there and one would be calling me back. Don't waste your money on an investment that could possibly have a lifespan of only two years or less and a customer support that, once it has been established the warranty is out, they stop there.

Hisense TVs Company Information