1.41/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

122 Hisense TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My only complaint is the sound. In order to get any good sound out of this TV you have to buy their Roku speaker. I find this extremely disappointing and will be returning this TV. I have owned several other brands of TVs and this is by far the worst for sound.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Have had Hisense Smart TV since November 2019. Unable to get Netflix or Stan... Have been on the phone so many times to try and sort out what is going on. Have also contacted both Netflix and Stan direct and advised fault is with Hisense. Have been promised call backs from Hisense... DOES NOT HAPPEN. So will be returning my Hisense Smart TV for a full refund and going with Samsung... Call centre very unhelpful. Shortest wait time was 50 mins. Had enough. My advise do not buy Hisense. Absolutely disgraceful.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The Hisense TV company and the warranty don't cover anything.. it hardly had anything smart about the TV. Their customer service are rude, this has tought me a lesson not to ever buy one. Samsung is the best TV I ever bought... LG is even better. They didn't do anything to help my issues with this TV.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

This TV has been nothing but a utter disappointment. They are priced reasonably for what they "advertise" you will receive as perks of app usage but that is completely FALSE. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! This problem has persisted since the initial purchase with little to no help from constant calls to customer service. The TV once powered off will automatically restart itself within a 2-3 minute period. The technical support team at Hisense are unable to assist you in this matter and are primarily set on retrieving extensive personal information which is not needed to be obtain by us the consumer. Worst experience I've ever had with a smart TV purchase & will not be buying this brand again. The problem still persists, the only fix is unplugging the TV after each use. This brand of TV is nothing more than a hassle for any person trying to purchase the product for relaxation in their leisure time.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I heard a lot of good things about this brand, so when I decided to trade my 11 years old Philips for a new 4K TV I picked this one, that was 150 euros cheaper than a Samsung. Although it's not terrible, and feels OK for a standard use, I have a lot of major issues: Contrast is horrendous. If you watch a 4K movie on Netflix, during dark scenes, everything will look blurry and unnatural (after a professional calibration that is). Daylight scenes are beautiful though. Internal OS is laggy at best, and buggy sometimes. For example, I have to disconnect/reconnect my Netflix account once every few days in order for it to work.

Most of the software image enhancement options make no sense: the dynamic contrast mostly destroys your color settings, and the dynamic lightning keeps brightening and dimming the image all the time, that is obvious and annoying while playing video games. There is no dedicated game mode. It's okay-ish to "just" watch TV, it's decent to play games, but don't expect a home cinema experience with this TV. After one week I've already swapped it for a slightly more expensive Samsung that has very good professional reviews.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We bought this brand T.V. Thought it was great at first until we realized that the t.v does not update their apps and they are very limited. The T.V also wouldn't update to this day. It's an ok T.V if you're just looking to by a regular T.V, but if you want a smart T.V buy something else. We bought a LG and it has everything. And it updates...

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Worst customer service. Sound was not syncing from day 1. I called customer service who said they would escalate it to their tier 2 department. No one ever called me back. After numerous calls I finally returned the TV to Costco.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

When I thought a ghost was playing with the channels suddenly changing, the screen would go blank, the remote stopped working. After looking online at the booklet that is only online and not with the tv. Did a factory reset and it stopped all the problems I was having. Makes sense since I have to upload new stuff for my tablets and everything else. The single most thing I don’t know how to work or it doesn't exist is the channel guide of what’s coming on. Nonetheless I have had this set for a few years now. Just realize a smart tv is like a tablet and tv in one, occasionally you have to update things.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Bought the Hisense 4K 6 series Smart TV on 4/13/18. Haven't used the TV that much. I started using it more over the last month and on 1/6/19 while watching the Golden Globe awards the picture went blank. It turned off. You can hear the program that is airing but the picture is not working. The TV is on but you cannot view any show. This TV is horrible. I am horrified at reading all these negative reviews. I bought it at Wal-Mart. I am very disappointed that Wal-Mart would do business with such a crappy company.

I will not be buying anything of importance from Wal-Mart again. They lost my confidence. If you align yourself with ultra poor quality then that pretty much says it all. I will try and contact Hisense and Wal-Mart about replacing the TV or hopefully getting a full refund. After reading all the reviews I am very worried that I will get the same runaround and will be left with a TV that does not work. My recommendation to anyone shopping for a new TV, "DO NOT BUY ANY HISENSE PRODUCT" and "DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WAL-MART". This is how we can send a message to Wal-Mart.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My problem with the TV is that I could be watching a program via Netflix, Hulu or any other video streaming service even playing my games on it and at random the screen will go dark. I can still hear whatever is on the TV but I cannot see it. It's frustrating and would only recommend giving this TV to people who would be considered an enemy of sorts. High quality my **.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I bought the t.v. right before 2018 at Wal-Mart for $475.00 and worked very well for about 5 months then noticed a lot of heat coming from the t.v. (It would heat the bedroom 20×20 8ft ceiling in about a hour 5 degrees. We used a thermometer.) Even though we found this is common with LCD TVs we kept it. After about 8 months the t.v. would freeze on YouTube streaming on every video about 2 mins in and nothing but a loading screen (we even changed internet providers 3 times while owned). It did this more and more too where it took a half an hour to watch one 5 min video.

Also we had a ps3 connected and used the headphones jack on the t.v. while gaming. After a few times we lost all sound from t.v. and had to purchase a "sound bar" just to hear the t.v. Now today January 1st 2019 all the apps are not working and won't load anything except our digital cable. I was told from a friend to buy this t.v. and to end this he is no longer my friend! Do not buy this t.v. and think it's a great deal. It may bite you in the butt...

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Purchased a 40 some odd inch tv for our now 10 yr old for doing well in school. It took 3 hours for the T.V. to come on. I knew we should have returned it at that moment. My husband said give it a chance being a new T.V. The YouTube and Netflix app only has worked once and now none of the apps will work. Tried contacting customer service and the representative asked me "What do you want us to do! Take it back where you purchased it!" We would have but the Wal-Mart where it was purchased, has now been closed down. How ironic is that!!! I refused to call customer service back because the rep made my blood boil. I am a firm believer you get what you pay for. This is proof "GARBAGE".

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

There is no browser to download app you really want, the customer service is terrible. SPEND A LITTLE AND BUY ANOTHER BRAND. I REALLY REGRET IT. YOU CAN SURF WEB. I'll not recommend it to anyone even my enemies.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Bought a 50 inch 4k smart TV by Hisense in 2016. Loved the TV for the most part, never saw a true 4k picture like you always see in the stores, even though I stream 4k content from Amazon and Netflix. It was still a good picture and we enjoyed it. Within 2 years the picture went completely out. Of course, warranty expires and reading the horror stories of people trying to get customer service to help them, what was the point? I reluctantly bought this TV, since the price was decent but I had never heard of Hisense. I should have went with my gut and just paid a little more for a brand that is a little more established. I DO NOT recommend this brand to anyone. When you shell out that kind of money into an investment, you certainly expect it to last longer than 2 years.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We have had a Hisense Smart TV for approximately 3 years. It has never had any ability to download additional apps as most smart TVs allow. Even the so called app store that was on it never allowed us to add apps to our TV. The apps that came pre-installed never have any ability to be even updated. It had issues of constantly freezing after maybe 30 min of use. Eventually it just turned off and would not turn on again even though it was evident there was still power to the device.

When Hisense was contacted they didn't even offer any solutions or fixes for the TV which we would have self repaired as we cannot afford a new TV at this time. Their solution was to tell us to buy another TV. It is HORRIBLE that a TV that cost as much as this one did had such a short lifespan. I have TVs that cost less 10 years ago that have gone through hell and back but still work and this one stopped working after just 3 years. I will not be buying this brand again. I will stick with more reputable brands such as Samsung, LG, Sony and Sylvania which has quality products made to last.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Those who are planning to buy this TV, please listen. I bought this TV for World Cup games and it stops working after 3 months. It took me one month to get technician to come and see. He refused to even open the TV just because he saw one dead bug. I called company. They simply say that warranty is void due to bug. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS TV. GARBAGE QUALITY AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I purchased a Hisense TV August 2018 from Aafes, what HUGE mistake in purchasing a cheap TV. The TV stopped working in September 2018 just over a month of purchase. Called Hisense and found out that the manufacturer/company is owned by Sharp corporation, that is why they have the audacity to say, "We are the 3rd leading television manufacturer's in the world", they belong to Sharp.

They sent someone out to fix the TV 4-5 days later, because he had to wait for new internal boards to come in, well he takes TV apart and installs new boards, then sets up stations, ask me to come in the room and check, to view a working product. Well the TV wouldn't even turn on, he states maybe they sent him defective boards, he talks to the company, they said they will order new boards. One week later I get a call stating the boards are in, we need to set up an appointment. That person come out, puts in the new boards, 2 weeks later the screen starts going black, but the sound is still going. I have to turn off the TV and turn back on.

After about a week of doing this, I call Hisense again. They have me send in the TV, it can't be fixed and they will be sending me (get this) a LIKE NEW TV, I told them I brought a NEW TV, not like New, so why can't I get get a brand new TV or my money back, the only thing I get is an unacceptable apology. I have owned Samsung and Vizio TVs for years, no problems, get this piece of junk and issues from day 32. Consumers beware. Hisense/Sharp TV are not worth any of our hard earned money.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Bought a Hisense Tv from Argos, 6 days later the picture went!!! Called the customer service. Got no help and told to go back to Argos. They said I had to return the 50 in TV myself to store for refund!!! I don't drive and now I have to hire a van to return to store which will cost me £20!!! Rubbish!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I purchased a TV in February of this year. The television went out on November 4, I contacted this company the same day! I went through hell and high water to finally get them to send someone out to attempt to service the TV on November 28! It took almost a month to get this scheduled, only to have the technician inform me that the TV is not repairable! I called them the next day and was informed that I would have to send the TV in to repair!

The best resolution for my issue (considering how long I’ve been without my TV and how many rude/unprofessional employees I’ve spoken with) would be to send a replacement! But because this company cares nothing about their customers they are now telling me I have to wait another 2 days for their freight department to contact me so the TV can be picked up! I’ve never been through this much trouble with any company! I’ve opened a case with BBB! Please do not waste your time or money with this company! You will regret it!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased this TV in September. The antenna/cable connection would not work. After weeks of haggling a repairman came and replaced a part. It worked for two weeks when same problem re-occurred. Again weeks of hassle, promises of repair, no repairman came, I called again to be told there was no repairman available in my area and I will have to ship it back for them to repair. Why couldn't they have informed me that I needed to ship it back? Why wait until I call AGAIN to tell me that no one is coming?

I have now owned this piece of trash for 3 months, of which it worked for 2 weeks, and I'm waiting AGAIN for them to send me materials for me to ship it back to them and maybe I will have a working TV by next year??? I can only hope. So far I have 3 months of frustration, disappointment, anger, but no functioning TV. I would seriously reconsider if you are thinking of buying a Hisense product.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My husband bought this 50 in TV for me for our bedroom. A month later, the TV quit working. I called customer service, they emailed me info to return it to them. Within 3 business days, a brand new TV at my door! They could not have even received the broken one yet! This was almost a year ago, and we are so happy with this TV. Give it a chance people!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I have a Hisense 50 and just over a month a dead pixel showed almost in the middle of my tv. It wasn't enough pixels gone for them to do anything. Not happy. Then now after less than 2 years it shuts off and comes on by itself. And can't turn it off. As I have to physically unplug the TV or power and once I turn it back on after plugging it back in, it acts normal and eventually it will do it again. I called 3 times then they told me to call a tech to fix it. I will never ever buy a Hisense product. We went out and bought a new TV. A name that's been around forever.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I have a Hisense 40" and it will stop responding to the remote control by not turning off or change the input at all and has been turning off then on by itself! I have to physically unplug the TV or power off the power strip it's plugged into, and once I turn it back on after plugging it back in, it acts Normal and eventually do it again! Please help me with what I should do while my set isn't under warranty any longer and should I try manually updating firmware?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

This TV was a Christmas present and I liked it at first... Then it was downhill. Didn’t take long to have an issue... When I called they sent me a box and I had to ship it out. They then sent me a broken TV. I had to send it back... Then they sent me one with a messed up screen. I sent it back... Then a tv that was used and looked like someone took stickers off with a buffer. It was still sticky... I sent it back. They sent me the same TV back so I had to send it back again. Then they sent me one in March and it broke, when I called about the screen changing colors they wanted me to send it back but then said never mind we can’t help you the replacement warranty ran out. It had been three months. Never again will I buy a product from them. I even saved all the emails, pictures and case numbers just to remind me.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

This TV is huge, very nice in picture quality and size. But this is the cheapest TV I've ever had. It freezes up at least 3 times a month and takes several hours and sometimes a day or 2 to randomly start working again. After trying to reset it, unplug it, restart it, nothing seems to fix the issue. It's a common issue with the TV brand. Would not recommend. It is very frustrating to deal with. Makes having the TV pointless if you can't use it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Absolute garbage customer service. Bought a 60 inch Hisense TV from them and the screen died in 2 months. 15 calls to these people just to get them moving on my case and that included a conversation with a supposed manager who was just as useless as his employees, this guy promised to keep me up to date on if they were going to have my TV sent in for repairs or to send me a new one. 10 days went by and not a peep and then they ship a TV out with an even exchange clause on it without ever telling me until the day before delivery was scheduled.

I was not about to deal with these people any longer as a month had already gone by so I tossed the TV and bought another different brand TV, who wants to go without tv for a month or longer? So then the TV arrives and I called them yet again and demanded to speak with a manager twice and was DENIED. Yes denied. Who does that? They took the TV back because I no longer had the broken one despite the fact that they never informed me that anything was going to be done and never communicated with me as promised. I have all of their conversations recorded and the pictures of the broken TV, so now I need to decide if I want to sue the company or just take the loss. :( WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We bought a 65 in 4K tv from Walmart in June 2018. On 9-18/18, the tv froze after doing a software update. After speaking with Hisense 9 times since 9/18/18, we still have no resolution. We’ve been told so many conflicting things. They sent an email with detailed instructions on how to update the firmware, yet the file they sent doesn’t contain the item they said to use. I called back, explaining the email didn’t work only for them to resend the exact email. When I called again on 9/24/18, I was told they would mail me a USB that was preloaded with the files we need. On 10/2/18, I noticed that our incident had a note that stated canceled by HIS. I called and they assured me the USB would be mailed by the end of the week. On 10/11/18, I contacted them again since we still had no USB and was told it was mailed on 10/5/18 and that it should arrive the next day.

Of course it didn’t so I contacted them again 10/12/18 and was told it would be here any day. On 10/21/18, I called and asked to speak to a manager. He told me he really couldn’t help but would send an email to management. He said there should be a response no later than 10/23/18 and that I could receive an email or phone call. He also said there was no need for me to call back to check the status, that they would call me with any updates. After no call or email, I contacted them yet again on 10/25/18 and was told they’re still waiting on a reply from management and it could be 7 days.

We are so frustrated! After over 5 weeks, we STILL HAVE NO WORKING TV! There’s no way it should take 5+ weeks to fix a brand new tv. No one seems to take this seriously and we are our hundreds of dollars with a useless tv. We are also outside of our 90 day return window. Stay away from Hisense!!! Customer service is useless and I finally had one rep admit that this is a known issue with these tv. We are fed up!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought a Hisense Smart TV 50 inch on October 2nd 2017. On October 12th 2018 the TV stopped working. It would be on for 20 minutes and then it would shut itself off. This has been happening every single day since the 12th of October. We spoke with about eight different people at Hisense and they sent a repairman out yesterday and he replaced the motherboard but it changed nothing. We called them again today and they said that the repairman said everything was fine. He left before the TV was even put on again and the same thing happened, after 20 minutes the TV shut off on its own. I was horrified after reading so many negative reviews and I also am angry at WALMART for selling such a defective product and for dealing with such a disreputable company as HISENSE.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Purchased around June 2018, everything works fine, including scanning for air antenna channels. In Oct 01, the system do auto updating, (no option to disable updating), I did a reset to the TV. Every previous settings were deleted, which include all previously scanned channels. The result was all TV channels were not available anymore. After calling support team and do several auto scanning (no option for manual scan), the system do recognized and gave 21 channels available during the scanning session, but after the process the result was NO channels at all.

Support team suspect weak signals, and ask for how the antenna system is set up. In Oct 3 after providing the antenna setup system info, which have the best antenna in the market, ClearStream 2V, and even have a pre-amplifier, no response. Follow up on Oct 9, still no response. Today is Oct 17 still no response. If you are looking for support, forget about it. Don't count on their warranty. It's a gamble to purchase Hisense products. It's a hit or missed.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought a Hisense 43” smart tv a couple months ago. It worked great for about 29 days then stopped working and froze up on the startup screen every time I have started the TV. I’ve tried everything to get it to work including contacting Hisense support, which they take 36+ hours to reply to you. 3 weeks later and still no working TV or money back. My advice stay away and get a TV for a better brand.

Hisense TVs Company Information

www.hisense-usa.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.