3.6/5 (304 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Hisense TVs

Hisense TVs have a reputation for being high-tech and high quality. Hisense TVs come in several varieties: laser TVs, 4K ULED TVs, 4K UHD TVs and HDTVs. This company also employs quantum dot technology to maximize viewing experiences.

Pros

• Various models
  • Multiple sizes
  • Smart technology
  • Affordable

Cons

• Brand recognition
  • Freezing issues

Bottom Line

Hisense doesn’t have the same brand loyalty that competitors do, but its size and function offerings are still comparable. The company's products are affordable and accessible for U.S. consumers.

Hisense TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hisense TVs?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I can not get my tv back to home mode and the agent said I need to purchase a new remote and the remote was 20. I found the same remote on Amazon for $10. The tech I spoke with sounded like he was in bed almost asleep. I actually disconnected from him. I will never purchase a Hisense product ever again. I will stick with VIZIO or SAMSUNG.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Hello Hisense, Recently I have purchased your Hisense Tornado 50 inch TV. The product is Amazing and I am totally happy and satisfied with it. But one thing I would like to convey about your TV remote design is, The HOME button on remote is exactly below and closed to down navigation key. So whenever I tried to press down navigation (blindly with eyes over screen) I end up with pressing home button and got exited from wherever I was and it irritated me a lot. You need to think over it. Design your remote so that our mussels memory can save the buttons quickly without confusion. I hope my concern is understandable. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

This tv company gives you everything that you need for half the cost. They last a very long time and you will not be disappointed. I have 3 in my home and they have been working for 3 yrs now with no issues.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

We have a 52 inch Hisense Roku Smart TV which has a very clear and colorful picture. It has great sound and was very inexpensive. We originally had purchased a 40 inch one and when we went bigger, we got another Hisense. If we get another, we will look into the same brand!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

45 inch remote is difficult. The volume button is on the right side of the remote. & + when you push the button for the volume it takes you home at Hisense Roku Tv. # Plus the app you were watching you have to connect back. This is my first time buying a Hisense and my last. At this moment I would get rid of the headache at a second hand store. # Would not recommend this model & the apps you $$$ for the selected ones. Roku offers on the TV is $$$.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

The picture quality can be a lot better and more smart apps on the menu but other than that it is a good brand television. I've had mine for 2 years now and no problems with it at all. Would recommend getting one.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Never again will I buy Hisense. 2-yr-old TV blew under warranty. They offered me a replacement TV with no warranty or store credit to the amount I spent yet I cannot buy a TV at that price. So I have to pay extra to replace a under warranty tv. The worst brand I've ever had. Do not buy Hisense. Their customer service is disgusting.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My tv stop working 18 months after I purchased it. I went to the retailer where I bought it and was referred to the Hisense rep. She said their standard procedure is to first try and fix the tv before they can consider replacing it or doing a refund. She referred me to the technician. He wanted the till slip, which I provided, but he said it was vague. I had to go back to the retailer for a reprint, which I was told would take 7 days. I then contacted the national call centre and they logged the ticket for me with the slip I provided, my tv was collected a week after my original complaint and now a week later, I am still without a tv.

I will never purchase a hisense product in my life again. I paid a lot of money for what I was promised is a good quality product, but how can I have confidence in a product that breaks after 18 months. I have kettles and frying pans that last longer than that. And I am beyond disgusted with the attitude I am getting. They have my money, so now I am the one having to run from pillar to post. There is no feedback, no communication, I am constantly having to follow up and threaten and this is causing me so much stress. I would really not recommend this brand to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Purchased Hisense 58R6E Roku TV in Feb. 2020 and it died in August 2021. Black screen, no sound. All troubleshooting attempts failed and TV repair said no fixing it. HCS said there's nothing they can do.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Let me start off by saying I never have given anybody a poor review on Consumer Affairs or reported anybody to Better Business Bureau prior to this event. I have never been so disappointed in the company as I am with them. I bought a television for a housewarming gift. Less than five months later it did not work. I understand issues happen and that was not my concern what transpired after the TV not working has been nothing short of a nightmare. First the repairman did not show up for three appointments which my friend had to take off of work to be home for since I do not live in San Diego and it was a gift to them. Now the gift has turned in to them losing money And being inconvenienced by Poor service.

Once the repair guy finally came he did not even attempt to fix it because he said it is a known problem with the LED lights going out their TVs. Then he took a razor blade and he scratched the whole front of the television with it and said somebody would be in touch to replace this television within 24 to 48 hours. Mind you this started back on July 10th and today is August 25 and it is still not taken care of. They did send out a television that was completely destroyed the screen was shattered and returned to the warehouse.

They then Re-packaged that same television and sent it back out to us. I had to take a day off of work drive 101 miles to go pick up this TV all for it to be the same shattered screen. And again I called customer service which I got the same answer, "Somebody will get back to you in 24 to 48 hours." No one is responding and customer service manager is not returning my calls and a customer service agent just keeps calling and saying we’re working on it and will get back to you in 24 to 48 hours.

This is been going on for six weeks. My friend is now moving has a destroyed television And Hisense will not refund my money. If I was you I would buy a Sony a JVC a Toshiba a Samsung any other television other than one from this company. I work in a service industry and have for 31 years and never in my life have I gotten such a runaround. And like I said at the beginning I understand when things break and I understand that there’s faulty products but what I don’t understand is horrible customer service once that happens. This is taking up so much of my time days off of work for multiple people call to still not have this resolved. Any help getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated and NO now I do not want a replacement. I want my money back. This has been a nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

I purchased a 65" Hisense Android tv end of November 2020. Before the 30 day return it started freezing, turning off and not aligned with remote. NONE of Hisense troubleshooting techniques work. I exchanged for same one thinking it was “a reject.” It was that bad. Took it off wall mount and placed new one. Same issues if not more. I won’t watch much tv and this drove me nuts and wasted my time. You definitely get what you pay for as I have 2 Fire TVs that are faster, more storage and work fine. I never leave reviews but I want people to know what they may be getting, definitely no quality or quantity. I only put one star because the picture is good.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I’ve never left a bad review before of any business or product. But I feel so strongly about how bad this is that this will be the first. We got our Hisense TV about 6 months ago. Terrible experience. The TV randomly turns off, freezes, plays sound with no picture and vice versa. It’s been doing this since about a month after we bought it.

Trying to get someone to come and check it out from the company has been incredibly difficult. We bought from Best Buy and they told us that Hisense only allows their own company to try and fix the TV, Best Buy isn’t allowed to touch it. But getting someone to come out has taken over a month, and when they finally say they’re going to, they can’t make it out until 5-7pm (this is telling us only 24 hours in advance). We’re busy at that time. They say they can’t come any earlier in the day. So we have to reschedule again and we won’t be getting any help until September. Save your money, go for a better product, avoid this company. Absolutely horrible experience and I’ll keep telling people about it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

**DO NOT BUY** Save yourself a headache. The T.V. freezes. The remote also freezes. You can’t just watch a movie without it freezing or going mute for no reason.. I only bought because it was cheap at Costco. The worse! Don’t waste your money. It’s trash!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

My boyfriend bought me a 55" Hisense Smart Tv 2yrs ago for Christmas. When I got home from work on today, the tv would not come on. I tried all the techniques from Hisense Tech Support as well as the instructions from the Youtube videos and nothing worked. The screen is still black. Because the warranty expired a year ago, they could not sent a tech out period. Apparently, this is a frequent issue with this particular tv brand. I learned my lesson and needless to say I will never buy this brand again!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I have TWO different sizes and models of the Hisense brand tv and they BOTH SUCK! After two months they both started shutting off by themselves, sounds went off, volume would adjust by itself, it would kick me out of apps while in the middle of a movie or searching titles. This brand doesn’t even deserve a third of a star for a review! I WILL NEVER BUY THIS BRAND AGAIN! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND LOOK INTO OTHER BRANDS! I suggest staying far away from any Hisense brand products!

Original review: July 22, 2021

Don't waste your money. You will be disappointed. The TV has all kinds of issues from signal issues, it lags, there is a time delay between the remote and tv, it turns off and on and resets itself, it will power on and off by itself. This tv review deserves no stars!!! BE AWARE!!!!

Original review: July 15, 2021

I bought my 50” TV 3/12/21 and it stopped working 7/13/21. Took it back to Best Buy. Was told I have to wait until someone can come out. I feel like I was ripped off. The tv did not even work 12 months. The chrome cast never worked. Better to just throw away your money than buy this junk.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I purchased this TV in October two weeks after it keep saying updated which it never does. I had to factor reset it for it to work for two weeks then it goes back to the same thing. Now it doesn’t work and I called them. They send a update via email. Still don’t work. While I was writing this review I been on hold for 1 hour. That’s how they treat their customers. If you want to be angry watch your money go to waste then please buy this product.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I bought my 65" tv through Walmart last November. As of 2 days ago the screen totally went out. I sent pics of the TV off and on and the tech says the damage occurred here. Nothing has touched our TV and it hasn't been moved since. Apparently it's not covered under manufacturer's warranty. So basically I'm screwed on the money I spent because they refuse to repair or replace this brand new TV. I'm not very happy about the situation and will never buy from them again. I highly recommend letting everyone know how big of a joke this company is.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I bought this tv in October 2020. June 13th started having black lines going up and down the center of the screen. Every time you turned it off the black lines got bigger and started merging into one. After contacting customer service and doing everything they could think of before them doing anything they decided to have me send the tv back to them for either repair or replacement. I was emailed and in the email a picture was attached that showed how to package the tv with the items they sent me. What I received was different from that picture.

Another email, which turned into a phone call to be told these large bubble wraps were good enough. The bubble things were not wide enough to go on the tv and still allow it to fit in the provided box. Another email. Once again turned into a phone call. This woman thought I had the same items that were sent in the first email. I informed her no, and was put on hold. She came back and told me what she was told and I still cannot get the bubble wraps onto the tv so it will fit into said box. Once again she had no idea what I was given. I had to inform her, and tell her I had sent an email with pictures. The bubble wraps are sealed halfway through so you cannot get them fully onto the tv to not only protect it but to get it in the darn box. Now I am waiting for someone who can explain this better to call me back.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Simply stopped working within a year. Let’s not buy this product so we don’t help that company make money when they are not accountable for their unreliable products. It’s damaging the American consumer.

Original review: July 2, 2021

We bought our 55" Hisense Roku TV about 2 months ago and it was working fine until this week. We have an antenna for local over-the-air channels, and this week, the television has stopped picking-up all but one of the local networks. I have tried rescanning, and I contacted the Roku chat, and I called the Hisense customer service line. The Hisense customer service line representative said that they don't take any responsibility for the over-the-air channels. The Roku chat rep. had me try rescanning and resetting, but it didn't work. The Roku chat has numerous people writing in with the same problem. My other Samsung television has no problem accessing the local channels. I believe that the company is aware of the problem and they don't care!

Original review: April 28, 2021

I purchased a 70" Hisense TV in October 2020. In April 2021 the tv did an update and after the update the TV would turn on then off in 2 seconds. I contacted customer service and spoke to a rep. He listened to what I told him was the problem. He told me he would have to send it to level 2 and it would take 24 to 48 hours for them to send me a fix. Later that night I got an email from Hisense with detailed instructions that even I could follow. It worked and the TV was rebooted and is working great again. Hisense responded quickly with instructions that any ordinary person could easily follow. Great TV and great customer service.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I bought a Hisense and brought home Dec 9th 2019 from Walmart. The Tv literally just stopped coming on at all January 2021. Talk about a heart attack I had! I tried everything to get it going. The worst part was I bought the extra warranty but it didnt cover the problem at all???? I feel robbed! I have 2 other TVs that are running for years now.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Bought the tv on May 22, 2020. Still has warranty. Out of nowhere, green columns appears and it gets brighter with the color white. I called Hisense, submitted pictures and they said someone would call. They called the guy said they can send a technician, I said ok. Then I received and email saying the tech was coming to destroy the tv in order for Hisense to ship me another one. I called Hisense, spoke to a guy who seemed he was on a run. He said and I quote “ do you have Wi-Fi? Yes, well you can watch tv on your phone”. Like really? I asked for a manager, he said they would call.. never did!

Original review: March 28, 2021

Great TVs! !!!****BUT****!!! I bought two 55" Hisense 4k Android TVs a month apart from each other back in 2018. They were the first Android OS TVs that they put out and they were using Sharp's name & hardware. I believe.. Anyway, they both stopped working a month apart from each other. Both of them not being able to turn on. But the red light is on and it'll blink twice when pressed and do nothing.! I'm So pissed ???? Because not only 1 but 2 dead Hisense of the same thing. Unacceptable even for a low budget TV..! Other than that great TVs when they work!

Original review: March 10, 2021

I purchased a 50" Hisense T.V. at Target. After 1 year and 5 months it will not come on, the stanby/power light is on and blinks twice. Hisense has a 1 year manufacture warranty. Without an extended warranty, we're out of luck and a T.V. Off to the store to buy a higher rated brand (and an extended warranty I guess).

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Purchased in May 2020 and have had numerous problems. Current problem goes into error when trying to watch the tv. Purchase at Walmart who won't do anything, refer it to Hisense. Hisense won't send a service tech or replace it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Purchased this TV. It was delivered by a shipping company. I unboxed it and the TV does not work. Customer Service wants nothing to do with it. Take the money and run. Still waiting for a supervisor. HORRIBLE. Was told by Margrie'anna they have nothing to do with it and will not honor warranty. The shipping company says it's their fault. In this time they just stole my money. Definitely defective product and the worst customer service. Store won't take it back. It has to go through shipper. Shipper won't take it back because the problem is Hisense. Everybody did a great job of justifying a paycheck. TV has been in my possession less than 2 weeks. Hired someone at my expense to hang the TV and had to pay him regardless. Short of robbing me at gunpoint they stole my money. Shame on you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I purchased a Hisense TV 1 year ago and within that time I have made 5 or more calls to repair the TV (TV screen going blank, constant updates, repair to product itself by technician). **Please be aware I have experienced a minimum of 2-3 weeks for each issue to be resolved.** The product 4K HDR Smart TV should be removed from the shelves. I do not write reviews however I felt compelled to warn everyone not to waste your hard earned money for an inferior product and horrific and slow response team. Save your money and invest in a company that takes pride in its products, this one doesn't! I was unable to post this unless I clicked at least 1 star for the rating. To be clear the company doesn't even deserve that.

Hisense TVs Company Information