3.34/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Gamestop

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Gamestop Reviews

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

The Vallejo GameStop is always busy. One day, early evening, it was packed. But between the three guys that were working my kids got there questions answered, products searched for, and checked out without a huge wait time. We have been coming here a few years now and the staff has always been helpful, knowledgeable, and polite. I have no complaints and recommend the Vallejo GameStop staff if you have questions or are trying to locate something specific.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I purchased a PS4 for my son last year Dec. 2018. His system started overheating, and I needed to have it serviced. I went to my local Gamestop, at Gateway Mall and spoke with one of the Reps. He was very helpful to say the least. He advised me after he pulled up my information by my phone number to bring the system in, so they could exchange it for a new one. I'm sure you you didn't see me mention anything about receipt. I was so happy he could pull up my info and the warranty that I had purchased along with the system. I bought the PS4 back and swapped it with a new one fresh out of the box. My only issue was that I had to purchase a new warranty for the new PS4. I have to admit, it's way cheaper than buying another system for my son.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I always enjoy a visit to GameStop. The store can sometimes get busy but the staff are always friendly and helpful. I have not only purchased new and used items, but I have also traded old hardware and games too and every time it is a pleasure. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Gamestop as I have been to many of their stores and the work ethic is always the same. Good job GameStop, keep it up!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Shop GameStop quite often for gifts. I shop different locations across the country. The employees know the products and have always been extremely helpful in helping me make good choices. They have great selections and make it easy to have gifts picked up at other locations. The back up their products & are really helpful in an emergency, a kid on a 900 mile road trip without a game charger constitutes an emergency. Great selection on used games & related game merchandise. Worth checking them out.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I am very disappointed about Gamestop for not having a bathroom. Every time I go there guess what. There isn't one. I get so mad that they have no bathroom and sometimes I get the thought of suing Gamestop but nah. I think not. Al the kids won't be able to buy games but if they don't have a bathroom the next Gamestop I see I'm going to buy a RPG and blow it up then I'm going to sue it. I'm tired of going to Gamestop and having to dish Gamestop, make a bathroom or else.

=========NOTE TO APPROVER:===============================================================================================

Changed "dishware" to "dish" (subject others to criticism or punishment) which makes more sense.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

They sold me a resealed game as brand new. When I got home and noticed the disk had fingerprints and scratches on it I went back to try and return it. They refused and said that they commonly reseal their games and that they wouldn’t accept a return because it wasn’t new. IT WAS NEVER NEW IN THE FIRST PLACE. Last I checked it was illegal to take products out of their factory seal and sell them as new items, apparently Gamestop doesn’t care to routinely break the law. Don’t support this company and their illegal business practices, I know I’ll never shop there again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I bought The Sims 4 game as a digital download code. I got an email saying it was being processed and I would receive an email when it was ready to be downloaded and with instructions on how to do so. After 3 days of waiting and calling customer support and being on hold for hours until giving up I still didn't have my code or know how to download it. I had to search the internet and Reddit for how to find my code and how to download my game all on my own. The people in the physical stores are great but please DO NOT BUY GAMES ON THE WEBSITE! I am very frustrated and even more so that I can't seem to talk to a real person when calling the customer service number. Just go to the physical store to get games.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Went into the Brookline shop to trade some games with my 12 yr old son. Wasn't greeted and both employees on duty stood and stared in a defensive stance. Not trying to get into problems while I have my son with me. Trying to please my son I had to deal with rude customer service and weird looks from both employees that also wouldn't fulfill my request trade these games for a gift card. Get the rest back in cash. I have an extreme game collection so I do this regularly and never once have I been treated the way I have. And calling corporate does nothing. They won't even accept or hear my complaints.

Sorry but this Gamestop needs to be closed down. It's obvious this location doesn't want to cater to **. The look and feel I got from those employees ensured that I will never walk into that gamestop ever again. It's sad when a 12 yr old boy knows he's not wanted when he walks into a shop to buy something. He told me himself that he would rather walk over 3 miles to another gamestop because he would not feel ok at the Brookline store.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

We had purchased an extended warranty on a Nintendo Switch. The unit somehow had gotten wet and the warranty sticker was no longer readable. The store manager went the extra mile to make sure it was indeed under warranty and had called it in to ensure he could give us a replacement within a timely fashion. The warranty was OK'ed and we walked out of the store wqith a new unit within an hour.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I love the store. Great prices and product. It's just a few of the employees that work for this company really should work on their customer service a lot better. Be more attentive and understanding. Execute 1st come 1st service.

Gamestop Company Information