3.7/5 (1270 ratings)

About Gamestop

Gamestop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

GameStop has blown my mind with its product offerings! Had no idea when I visited the site that they have evolved into a premier retailer beyond video games. Incredible customer service and highly competitive prices with free shipping. Great job GS!! Finally a much appreciated alternative to Amazon - I know all of my purchases are bonafide products and not fraudulent copycats!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Is this the place I go to shout from the rooftops that everyone needs to experience Gamestop's new customer service model? From in-store associates to phone reps to company policies, I've been beyond wowed. They like us! Drop Amazon. Shop at Gamestop.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

GameStop is the best company in the world and I spend ALL my money on Gamestop shares. When I was a little boy, Ryan Cohen came to our house. He helped my dad to stop drinking and he got us all jobs at the money factory. DFV. DRS. GME.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Hello reader! I must admit, I grew up on video games. When my dad gave me the original Nintendo for Christmas, in 198 whatever, I was a changed little ape. I lost touch with video games and my roots a few years back. I would buy a game, only to be disappointed. Then, about a year ago now, my friend Keith gave me this hot tip (intended) that I should look at the stock again, and my position as a whole as a consumer. I cannot tell you how many positive experiences I have had in GameStop since. Most of them you would not believe anyway, but the customer service is clearly top priority.

For my current income, I manage several people. For many years, I have given GME gift cards to my very younger employees. Each time that I purchased these cards, I observed gifted salesmen, and women, offer some of the most superb customer service; I often wonder how I can inject these principles into those that I lead directly. I learned quickly how to do this... Buy, Hodl, and DRS with ComputerShare. Company fundamentals, stock price? Debt? Leadership and executive staff? I challenge any reader of this review to do an independent study, (with sources) and prove me wrong. Prove the banana wrong! You just cannot.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The only reason I only gave 4 stars is because I signed up to be a Power up Rewards member for 2020 and they only sent me 2 or 3 Game Informers. I thought I would receive a Game Informer magazine via mail every month during the entirety of 2020 if I signed up for the powerup card. I signed up in early 2020.

Original review: June 25, 2022

I purchased a gaming headset for a gift from Gamestop about 2 weeks ago. I received a shipping notification and a day or two later I received an email letting me know my package had been delivered. This was around 8pm. Didn’t see any type of delivery happen. I reached out to GameStop the day after to let them know and the rep asked me if I wanted a refund or replacement. I chose a replacement and she told me she would get a replacement item shipped out with one day shipping. Well I got the order confirmation and everything.

Within a couple days when I hadn’t received any shipping notifications I reached out again. This time the rep told me they had to do an investigation to find out where the package went and then they would send out a replacement. I was frustrated as it was already past the day I needed the headset for and the rep failed to mention they would need to do an investigation before shipping it out and the one day shipping they promised was moot. They told me the investigation would take about 5-7 business days and they would ship out a replacement then. Well it’s been more than 7 business days and no email or update. I chatted with another rep and she told me said it takes 7 business days.

When I told her it had been that long she then proceeded to tell me it was going to take an additional 7-10 business days for more investigation! Are you kidding me? It’s not my fault the package was lost and now I’m waiting for an item I PAID for while they look into why the package never made it to my door. This company is totally incompetent and any rep I’ve talked to doesn’t even care about my issue. Why would you offer a replacement if the customer has to wait forever when they can just get a refund and repurchase the item and HOPEFULLY get it the next time? With the way I’ve been treated I’m not letting this go and I hope it saves people from going through the same thing I am. I’m never doing business again and I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I ordered a PS4 Pro online through GameStop about 2 weeks ago for $430. For that amount of money, I thought I would be getting my money's worth, but I didn't. The PS4 couldn't connect to the internet because it was previously banned off of the network due to a previous customer. I took it to a GameStop store in town and they even said that they shouldn't have even shipped it since it doesn't work properly. I returned it through FedEx two days later and only got two emails about it being sent back and getting my replacement.

I had just gotten my replacement today from GameStop, didn't get an email that it was coming. I started to boot the system up, get everything set up on there, tried to install a game via game disc, and it stopped around 450mb-500MB and wouldn't go any further. I tried a different game disc to see if it could've just been a problem with the disc but it was spotless with no scratches. Put in another disc and the same problem occurred. Tried digitally downloading a game and it was downloading more that the disc was. The disc sensor in the replacement is messed up. So I'm sending back another Ps4 and just getting my money back. I've bought numerous consoles from GameStop and been pretty pleased with the outcome except for these last two encounters. I'm disappointed that they failed not once, but two times now.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Ordered an Xbox and controller - received only the controller which ended up being a refurbished barely working controller. Argued with GameStop for almost 3 weeks about not receiving my Xbox. Filed complaint with BBB and after multiple communications received email that order was being replaced. Replacement order was being shipped to an old address rather than the address I currently reside in and the address used for the original order. No response from GameStop through BBB about correction. FedEx would not let me change it due to shipper’s restrictions. Contacted GameStop via their chat and was told I could not change it. Called FedEx back and they said GameStop does have the power to change it. I guess they just choose not to.

So my order is now going to an address that I no longer own nor reside in that is 363 miles from my current address. And GameStop’s only resolution was to recall the order (send back to warehouse) which they said will take 24-48 hours (delivery is less than 24 hours away at this point because they did “overnight shipping” that has taken 4 days because the order hadn’t made it to the shipping carrier). So I’m back at square one with GameStop. Will NEVER purchase another thing from GameStop.

Original review: March 8, 2022

GameStop should be ashamed of itself for allowing Ontrac to deliver their packages, Ontrac is one of the worst delivery services I’ve ever seen. Ontrac is very incompetent and irresponsible. Package keeps getting delayed every business day, with no sign of this ever stopping. If you ever purchase anything from GameStop that will be sent using Ontrac, be prepared to either receive your package a month late, or never see it arrive.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Just had the very worst experience with GameStop. We purchased a TV through them because it was supposed to come with $100 gift card (which was going to be a Christmas gift for my son.) The gift card never came. After multiple email exchanges with them over a 3 month process...and being told that I would receive a replacement electronic gift card...they just told me that the gift card was used (likely stolen). They will assume no liability. I'm just out of luck. At this point, it appears that all I can do is save others from a similar fate by sharing this. Matt Furlong GameStop.

Gamestop Company Information