3.8/5 (1461 ratings)

About Gamestop

Gamestop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

My wife purchased a PS4 from GameStop in Leeds, Alabama on Black Friday 2022. She was given a receipt and assumed in-store pickup since they had sold out and the sales associate ordered it for her. Two weeks later we began calling and was informed that the package was in-transit and shipped to our house. She was given a tracking number and no info could be given on what address it was shipped to. Two weeks before Christmas we now cannot get a refund or replacement order until a ticket is investigated which means they’re holding our money until they locate their package which is going to take 7-10 days. I sat on hold for 1 hour 18 mins before customer service answered and we then demanded a supervisor who would only do the same thing we could have done online which is create a ticket for an investigation.

The store in Leeds, Al. now has another PS4 in store that he said he would sell us if we could get customer service to give us a credit but they couldn’t give us a credit and GabrielM. The supervisor denied us escalation to corporate. Found out the info they had for us is 7 years out of date and appears that they just took our money in Leeds but are holding it ransom until they find their lost package through USPS at the cost of my son’s Christmas. These people don’t another thought about us or their own reputation after they take your money because all I see is review after review of supposedly lost shipments. Sloppiest business I’ve ever seen from a reputable company!!! I will never shop here again and I hope they go bankrupt once again!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Over 10 times now in the past 5 years I have added my current mailing address yet Gamestop constantly deletes it and undeletes my old address. I have now lost over $100 in items. The post office keeps saying they delivered it but the guy in his 80s said no package arrived at that address that they keep sending it to

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I recently ordered 5 "NEW" games from Gamestop. Only ONE of them was truly new. The others not only were not shrink wrapped, but had visible damage to the covers, in some instances substantial damage. Some of the cases do not close properly. The games themselves were placed in a sleeve and someone wrote "new" on them - WHAT A JOKE! GAMESTOP IS A JOKE! This is in fact illegal, I tried calling Gamestop but after 15 minutes waiting on the phone I gave up. I'm going to initiate a refund from my credit card company - thank heavens they offer that. AVOID GAMESTOP.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I ordered five new games online. When I opened my package, I discovered three of the five games opened with torn-off stickers on the cases. I waited almost an hour on the phone with Gamestop, and their response was "let me see if there is something we can do" like they never been through this before. Five minutes later he came back with a solution. He said they will do a shipping label to exchange the three games, and that it will take a few hours for my label to pop up in my email.

The email eventually came up and it was for a return of all five games for a refund, instead of an exchange for three games. My wife spoke with them again about the issue and they gave her two options; either return all five games or find a store to return them to. I notified Gamestop service on Facebook Messenger and they responded the next day. I responded back in more detail about the used games but have not heard back from them since which would be 5-6 days ago.

I decided to go ahead and return the three games back to a store. I showed them the games, explained my story and they attempted to explain to me that they typically pull new games from sleeves in the drawer and put them back in a box. I said I was aware of the practice but still would like to return the games as I deem them used when the shrink is removed (as any other typical retail store would).

Well apparently so does Gamestop because they began to discuss how they have no way to prove that the games were new because the stickers were removed from them (I gave them the games in the exact condition how I found them in the package). Eventually he said he will look at the disks and determine that way. I was given a refund (except its been over 24 hours and still hasn't shown back up on my card yet) for the three games, however, the customer service was some of the worst I have seen from a well known retailer; not to mention some of the shadiest practices, too. I don't think I will ever shop from them again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Completely zero customer support when I was having issues with my order never being delivered. Had to make a Better Business Bureau complaint to receive any type of response. Pre-ordered a game to receive it 2 weeks after release and not the desired outcome I requested, will just order my games elsewhere from now on.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I was buying an item online for someone’s birthday that is soon. The website advertised it as “In stock” and “free 1-3 day shipping”. After I ordered, the next day, I was informed it’s on back order and unavailable. Now I’m screwed. I’m hoping to get it canceled and refunded and am able to find the item in a physical store within the next two days, since I have zero time now since I trusted GameStop to deliver. No wonder this company was going under. I could have ordered from a reputable company with the same shipping but now I don’t have time to since I wasted it on this company.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I have been a long-time customer of GameStop, and don't appreciate the sales associate lying to me about getting fired because they weren't getting enough preorders, at the Lebanon, PA GameStop at 829 Bowman St, just to get me to preorder something that I didn't want. If the associate had simply accepted the fact that I didn't want to put anything on preorder, I wouldn't be writing this review. Sales associates shouldn't be pulling underhanded and shady stuff like this, just to get sales. It's basically forcing people into doing things they don't want to do or spending money they don't want to spend.

In addition, the district manager is a disrespectful and arrogant individual, who will do whatever they can in order to stop customers from providing any feedback on the GameStop site. I thought this was in complete violation of consumer's rights to give feedback regarding service that any company provides, including companies in retail, hospitality and special interest companies like GameStop.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I purchased a few pops online.. My ordered was shipped to me and I received it... My only concern is one pop had box damaged from the warehouse.... I wanted to replace the damaged item but I'm being charged for shipping if I want a replacement... I don't agree that I still have to spend money for shipping for a replacement for a item that came damaged from the warehouse.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

The worst video game store ever in the history of the world of video game stores. All they do is scam people like why would people even shop there if they scam people out of the money they buy for a game and I hope they go out of business.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I purchased a 49” external gaming monitor from Gamestop as it was a small discount to other retailers for similar monitors. On the day it was to arrive, I received an email canceling the order. When I called as to why it was canceled, they blamed it on American Express (which 100% did not cancel or prevent charges). knowing Gamestop was lying I said, "Fine I’ll use my visa." They refused to process the transaction. They said, "You can only buy it at the price on the website which was $150 higher." NEVER buy from these thieves! They should have their ability to sell revoked. They are disgusting for not honoring the price they sell at…I’m afraid to see what they do people on blue Monday. Oh sorry, it’s Tuesday?

Gamestop Company Information