1.05/5

320 Gamestop Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I put a new hard drive on hold for pick up. When I came to pick it up they tried to sell me a used hard drive without a box! Keep in mind this was being sold as brand new when selecting it online. This store is a joke. I heard rumors of it being a bad experience but now I can confirm it. Choose another store.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I had pre-ordered the new Mario Party for the Switch several weeks ago and had gotten an email about the order confirmation and had been charged fully for it. Once the game was released I got the shipping info as usual then after 2 or 3 days in shipping I get a random email saying my order has been cancelled. Funny thing is it's not even the same order number as Mario Party. I get worried that my game won't arrive so I call tech support and the first time I wait for about an hour and get kicked off the line before speaking with anyone. I try calling a little while later, even though they said it would be a 15 minute wait I was kept waiting for an hour and a half.

When I finally talked to someone they seemed clueless to what I was talking about for the first 5 minutes and then asked for the card name and order name and even though the order and everything was placed in my name because I used my girlfriend's card to buy it they refused to tell me anything unless she was on the phone. She was at work so it was impossible to do this but they did not care even though everything else was under my name and we share the same address.

After this I asked to speak to a supervisor but he said the supervisor was there already telling him what to say! All he said after this was the supervisor had told him that red flags appeared and he just kept saying, "I'm sorry but I can't assist you any longer," over and over. So now I'm left wondering if my game is coming or if I'll get a refund for it and if I want to try to call them again it will have to be the only day my girlfriend has off since she works during the day most of the week and we'll need to sit there for an hour and a half again to have customer service treat us like we don't matter.

If anyone on this website is even thinking about ordering from Gamestop online don't do it. They always have problems with your order and good chances are when something goes wrong you'll waste hours of your life for a supervisor to treat you like garbage and to find out nothing/get robbed for 60 dollars for a game you pre-ordered.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Paid for a downloadable game. After I paid they gave me a code where I had to go to Steam to use it. Steam refused me access unless I paid. I found that Steam does not actually allow me to download my game, only use it while on their site. This is theft. I wanted my money back since I could not use the code. After a 15 minute wait, I talked to some ** who said I had to deal with Steam where there is no access to support or refunds. When I said I wanted a refund, she hung up. This is BS.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I ordered my Scuf controller almost two months ago. They keep telling me they don’t have them and I not give me any insight at all on when they will be coming or when their warehouse is sending them out. Definitely will not be using Gamestop for anything again. Employees are not helpful at all.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Irish based Gamestop customer service were extremely unhelpful. Irish site had offer of 1yr free xbox live with games on offer, I ordered on the day and within time it was available but it never got added to my basket. They offered no assistance but to say the offer is over. If I could give no star here I would. I will be looking around for games or order them from more competitive sites rather than Gamestop Ireland. Order from them but don't expect any real customer service assistance rather than "tough luck"...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I pre-ordered the NHL 19 from the PlayStation Store on September 4th. I had a VISA gift card I wanted to use and saw the Gamestop was offering the NHL Legends Edition Upgrade for $19.99. So on Sunday September 9th, I went into my local Gamestop and talked to an employee. I asked him, "If I buy this upgrade will I get three days Early access (be able to play game on the 11th) plus the legends edition content." He said, "Yes, as long as you have the base game." I said, "Yes I pre-ordered the Base game from the PS store a few days ago." He said, "Then yeah you’d get early access." So I paid in full and the employee said, "Come back tomorrow night (Monday 9/10) at 6 pm to get your code so you can play when the game releases (Tuesday 12 am/ET)."

So I return Monday night and another employee prints out my receipt with a -2 digit code to use on the store. Again I'm ensured I’ll be able to play in three hours. So I get home and punch in the code - it says confirmed. Great the code worked. I check my installed game on my PS4 XMB and it still has a countdown timer or 2 days plus. I'm like that’s weird but just think maybe it will override it at 9 pm.

Just before 12 am ET/9 pm PT Monday and I'm on Party chat with my friends on PS4 waiting for the game to unlock. The timer still hasn’t changed on my game (still hasn’t changed from 2 days). Now I'm a bit nervous and feel that something isn’t right. Turns out it isn’t. 9 pm - my friends launch their game and it works no problem. Mine won't start still says pre-order. Even though under add-ons it says “Deluxe Edition” installed. I call EA and they say just to be patient and give it time and wait until Tuesday. I say ok. Tuesday, early morning I tweet at EAHelp and a couple hours later I get a reply. The person I talked via DM on twitter was very helpful and said it could be a code error or wrong code and advised I talk to GameStop but that maybe Sony Chat could help.

I decided to contact Sony Playstation Support by Phone as GameStop wasn’t open yet. Spoke with Sony Phone rep who was very help and tried all the troubleshooting steps (uninstalling, deleting and reinstalling game, restoring licenses, etc.) she could think of but nothing worked. She said that there was nothing else she could and advised that I was out of luck because Playstation doesn’t provide refunds on pre-orders. I replied ok. She apologized for not being able to help and again stated (unsolicited) that they don’t provide refunds on pre-orders. During the phone support call she had me try and download the game from my account from store via website to PS4, but I kept getting a download error. She said that was an EA issue.

So I called EA and the advisor was also confused as to why my game was locked. He worked with a Game Specialist and said if I was having a download issue to call Sony back. I told him Sony said it was EA’s issue. He said no it was on Sony’s end. So about 10 am I decide to try Gamestop and go back into my local store and spoke to the only employee there and he was very nice provides me with a new code saying maybe the code was defective but I should get the early access. I get home and decide that I should just check with Sony PlayStation just in case something was missed, before I input the new code.

So I called Sony and got a very rude woman who said after reviewing my previous phone call that she would not go through the troubleshooting steps again because they won't work because the code only granted me access to the content and early access and that the new code wouldn’t work either. I said that's not what GameStop said, I asked to speak to a supervisor to provide feedback. I'm transferred to a supervisor who was very helpful and confirmed that the code GameStop sold only provided me content and not three days early access. I said that was weird and he suggested talking to GameStop again.

So I hopped back into my car and the employee that helped me was still there. Told him the day I've been through and he was very helpful and said that yeah maybe the code only for the content and not early access. He was helpful but said with codes not anything he could do - he tried but the system wouldn’t let him refund it. I told him it wasn’t really about the money it was more about being told more than once Id get early access and the not getting it. So I slog home disappointed.

I wake up Wednesday and later that day find out that someone else I know online got the base game and the upgrade edition code from GameStop and is playing early. So I'm like something is missing here. Why am I being denied early access (which is now almost over as game releases on Friday at 12 am ET aka 9 pm PT on Thursday for me). I press on...

I called my local GameStop and explained to him the issues I've been having. He checks his system and says “Yeah looks like the code requires the base game”. I tell him I have the base game - got it from the PS Store last week. He says that's weird and suggests I call GameStop Customer Service, as they have more power than he does at the store.

So I call GameStop Customer Service and after almost an hour on hold I get a Rep who is helpful and gathers the information and keeps coming back from putting me on hold to get more information. Finally he comes back and says that he found out the issue - I need to buy the Base Game AND Upgrade Edition at Gamestop in order to get early access. He said since I purchased the game at the PlayStation store and the code at GameStop that I only qualify for the content and not early access. I said that's not what the GameStop store said. He apologized and said if he had a code he’d give me one but he didn’t and there was nothing he could do to remedy the situation. I said, "I would like to speak to a supervisor," and he said they’d give me the same information. I said, "I'd still like to speak to supervisor." So he transferred me.

I explained to the supervisor that I was unhappy and disappointed that there were multiple chances to inform me of the correct information and that if I had received that prior to purchase I may have decided not to purchase if I was told I would not get early access. He apologized and he didn’t have any power to do anything and said all he could do is relay information to the District Manager of my local GameStop. I said will the employee I spoke to on the phone said he didn’t have any power either. The supervisor apologized but reiterated he had no power other than to provide information to the store’s DM. I said, "Yes, please send it."

I was calm but firm in my calls and only once got a little fluster with EA Advisor only because he kept interrupting me. Inside I was seething. Not about early access, that's really only part o the issue. The bigger issue is being sold something then not getting it because of incorrect information. So I took a little bit to cool off, and then decide I should write a short review on the product page just giving people a heads up that if you purchase the NHL Legends Edition Upgrade you must have purchased the game itself at GameStop as well or you won't receive three days early access. I get an email early Thursday from GameStop saying that they have decided not publish my review as it doesn’t meet their guidelines. Me: Lol, of course.

Here is that review: "Just a tip to people interested in this as a potential upgrade to the Legends Edition - even though the standard game is almost out now. This will only get you early access IF you purchased the Base game at Gamestop or on Gamestop.com. If you Purchased the Standard Edition on the PS Store, purchasing this Upgrade will only provide you access to the content and not early access. Just want to make sure people know since the store I went to confirmed I would get early access if I had the base game even if I bought the game on PS Store and the Upgrade Code at Gamestop."

I never had an issue with GameStop before this and the employees at my local store are really nice and helpful. It was miscommunication that created this issue that could have been avoided with the following: Employee: "Just to let you know, if you didn’t purchase the game here at GameStop, then this NHL 19 Legends Edition Upgrade will give you the content from Legends Edition but not the three days early release. Do you still want to purchase this?” It also would have avoided GameStop potentially losing a customer because they seem to refuse to make me, the customer happy. If they do end up making it right, I’ll update this review, but them refusing to post the review, while within their rights as it's their website just infuriated me and brought me post here.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have been almost 2 months in working with Gamestop on an issue. I never received an item that I had paid for and they have offered to refund my money via e-Gift card. It's been over 3 weeks since I was offered the e-gift card and have not heard back. I am not sure who runs their Customer Service at that organization but they obviously do not care. Will never make a purchase from Gamestop again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I decided to make a $180 purchase from Gamestop.com. I never received the order. I called and asked. They said they couldn't give me info because I didnt pay for the order (shipping was under my name. The card I used was my husband's card). My husband is in the military and currently in deployment. I told them but they didnt budge so I guess I'm screwed. I have to pay for an order that I never received! Customer service is awful! Ive called 3 times and all the times I'm on hold for 1 hr!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I pre-ordered the Spider-Man PS4 w collectors box edition. I go up and give the guy my receipt and the 6 workers there all do not have a clue what they're doing and they have to call the manager and ask him what it is. When the game and box is sitting right behind them. They tell me that they have not shipped yet and will be in tomorrow. So now even though they had it and they even picked it up a few times and looked at it. I have to go to the store again which is a 30 minute drive and get what they already had.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Order two games and used three gift cards. Order did not come. In short, they told me that the order was not received and there is no record of my gift cards ($90+). They promised to send me a replacement gift card, but reneged on that promise. Now I do not have the games nor my money. Worse yet, the gift cards were gift for my son which he got for his BD, Christmas, etc. His younger sister used her allowance money to get him one of those cards. I have called nine times to get this issue resolve - CSR are absolutely no help. Needless to say, I will never order from Gamestop again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Purchased a gift card on August 14th. Gamestop sent me an email with instructions on how to download the code, where it stated that I had to log in to my order history in order to download the code. The order history was empty. I contacted them by email right away. No one gotten back to me. The following day called them. The representative gave me the code, which did not work. I read the code back to him twice and he said that was the code. Called them again. Another representative said the code was off in two characters. So I entered the new code while she waited on the call. The error message said the code has been used.

Now they told me to contact Sony. Contacted Sony and they said it's Gamestop's issue. Wrote Gamestop another email and gotten no response once again. To call their support means to spend another 30-40 minutes waiting for someone to answer and then you are not guaranteed you get someone who know what he/she is doing. Just did a chargeback on my credit card. And after only ten minutes of me submitting this review on their website, I received an email from Gamestop that they will not be posting my review.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

5 months of being treated like crap by Gamestop in my town and city, The only thing Gamestop good for is your money. They don't get a rent cent about you. Also they will force you to pre-order stuff games, toys and etc! Their main goal is to force and pressure you non-stop to pre-order as a much as possible, When you purchase a item new that money goes to the Publisher. Example: I bought Pokemon new. That money goes to Nintendo 90% of it, If I purchased it used, pre-owned or pre-order that moneys goes to Gamestop only. Think how hard the publisher works on the games we love and they rarely get their share from evil companies like Gamestop! Best advice for all gamers is get your games somewhere else. Wait for the DLC Content to hit Ps & Xbox stores to purchase it without being forced to by Gamestop.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This is a really short version of events. I am a long time customer of Gamestop having bought in excess of 200 games. Recently, I expected to collect 2 pre-ordered games and they said that I didn't pay for them. They are now working to take a third pre-paid game. I called corporate to fix the problem but they too say I do not have my last pre-order game listed on the account. I have contacted the Il. Attorney General's office and sent them proof that I had one. Because of the prior bad experiences, I saved a screenshot of the last pre-order on my phone. I usually pay the full amount of $60 or better on a pre-order. I have done this many times over many years without a problem; Never again.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Because their corporate is a joke & doesn't care about customer complaints - check this out. I called in yesterday to customer service inquiring about a promo code I found online. They told me they couldn't accept it but offered me a $10 discount as a courtesy. I countered by saying that the promo code is also listed on their website, then my phone died and I decided to not call back because I had already waited over an hour to get some sort of resolution. The day after I called back. The same person answered & I asked for the $10 discount I was offered the previous day. With a snarky attitude, she asked me why I didn't accept it yesterday, put me on hold to check notes & told me that the discount had expired and there are no more discounts left. I said that it wasn't a coupon, but a courtesy & courtesies don't expire - (you know that's kind of the point of customer service).

I asked to speak with a supervisor - she said that wasn't possible - (I spoke to one the previous day, so I know it was). I told her if can speak to anyone else can do the job better & she hung up on me, which kicked me out onto the hold line - I dialed in to speak to someone again using a different department (gift cards) & guess what? It's the same female (who told me her is Jane) for the 3rd time. I've never been hung up on by a customer service rep from a company as large as Gamestop. I was going to buy a couple of gaming systems and video games but I take my business to other companies that actually know what customer service is & until Gamestop realizes what it is. Posting this review on other sites & telling many friends/families. Bye :)

Original review: July 12, 2018

This company is literally the worst company online we've EVER dealt with. We made an online purchase in early June. Supposedly the order had been shipped but tracking showed that USPS never received it. Emails to customer service were never responded to. Spent 30 minutes exactly on hold listening to their on hold ads only to have the phone call magically disconnected 2 minutes into conversation with the customer service agent, "coincidentally" just when he was about to tell us what happened to the package.

Spent another 30 minutes on hold exactly to speak to another service agent who claimed that the package must've gotten lost in the warehouse and they were going to ship another one. Same thing happened again. We don't believe they even had the product in stock. This time we demanded a refund. They said it would take 3-5 business days. It's been 2 weeks and no refund processed, which means we get to spend another 30 minutes of our time dealing with this nonsense. Absolute ripoff!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I have a client who lives out of the country, and collects special editions of video games. Since Gamestop has a lot of exclusives, I am unfortunately, forced to make pre-orders from their online shop. Their online shop is an absolute disaster, and there is virtually ZERO customer support. Once you make a purchase online, you are on your own. You can try calling, but that can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, and if you do reach someone, good luck with them having even a clue about your situation; they're awful. You can attempt to email customer service, but guess what? They actually never ever reply. Yes, you read that right, they literally will never respond to your email. You will only get an automated response that the initial email was received. I've never in my life experienced such astoundingly-poor customer service.

And here just a few of the issues I had to deal with: Last year (2017), three of my credit cards were compromised because GameStop had a hack, but they failed to notify customers for OVER A MONTH! I had to discover unusual activity on my accounts and put a stop weeks before letters went out to their customers warning them to contact their bank. THEIR SYSTEM WILL DEFAULT TO AUTOMATICALLY SAVING YOUR CREDIT CARD AT CHECKOUT. TRUST ME, UNCHECK IT!

We have received several parcels which were limited editions that were poorly packed and arrived crushed. They have no concept of the various materials that make up certain types of packaging. Special Edition products lose their value when they come smashed, and it's a collector's worst nightmare. They'll throw a $150.00 game in a flat mailer, and not even the protective bubble type. We are talking a completely flat cardboard mailer! Only when it's too big for these mailers will they use a box.

Just recently (which drove me to post this entire complaint), they decided to charge me for something that was shipped and charged five months ago. They actually duplicated an order they sent FIVE MONTHS AGO. I couldn't figure out what the charge was when I looked at my bank account, so I kept looking at any current pre-orders that possibly were getting ready to ship. No, that was not the issue. I had to go all the way back to early March to find the duplicate issue. I emailed them immediately, but got no response. The parcel has arrived today, and now I have to go through the hassle of returning it for a refund. Who has time for this?

This company is an abomination. If it weren't for my client, I wouldn't spend a penny at this disorganized, mess of a chain. Thankfully, he's the one paying for it as I would never support such a poorly run business. People, if you're purchasing video games for yourself, your kids, relatives, friends, whatever. Go to Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart if you have to. Oh, and their shipping prices are a scam. They charge by the individual item, so if you buy a basic game disc that weighs under 5 oz, they'll charge about $5.00, but each game you add on they will charge an additional $5.00. So, for 3 games, easily still under a pound, they'll charge you $15.00!! How insane is that? They should be going by weight like most honest retailers.

Original review: June 25, 2018

So, I went to Gamestop to get my baby brother a Xbox one and grand theft auto 5 as well as 3 month of Xbox live but it NEVER went though. So being pissed I bought a Xbox one bundle off Newegg. I did not have any reason to think I would be change for a something I did not buy, but yet I was not for the total but 26.99. I am now under in my bank and Gamestop tells me, "I see nothing on my end so it's not there." I am getting charged a 30 dollar fee on top because it and there is nothing to do because they feel to charged me for nothing.

Original review: June 21, 2018

There are numerous reasons I dislike GameStop! Never once have I had a good experience in any of the stores I have visited over the years. Seems like they just got worse! Do I need to know where to begin! How about they rip you off every chance they get! They overcharge on some merchandise for starters. One time I had to get the power of words so I had to pay for a membership I wasn’t going to use. Then they gave me the subscription to the magazine I never said I wanted and threw in the trash. Would not refund me that. You spent all this money there and get a few measly reward points. Did you have to buy a bunch of other stuff to build them up to even get rewards. That whole concept is just messed up.

You shouldn’t have to buy a membership that you always have to renew in order to get rewards. What little reward you get after so long is ridiculous! A rewards program should be a free program that offers you rewards for shopping in their store like most other companies offer. The company should not be making money off the program that shows appreciation for customers and offers them benefits in their store.

The buy sell trade idea is a joke and that’s the biggest rip off and what makes me disgusted the most. So I bought a console and games from them. Sometime later I needed money so I sold it back at a disgustingly unreasonable low price. It’s almost laughable at what they offer for sell and trade. Then what they will do is put all my merchandise back on the shelf and triple the price. Then turn around and do it to some other naive unsuspectingly customer. Yeah they gave me a third of what I paid for the used merchandise in the first place. Then they wouldn’t void the transaction and stated that they are not a pawnshop. So I basically just got screwed right in my face! Buy sell trade should never have existed there. Because GameStop is not reasonable and too greedy.

Associates are Expected to almost harass you while you are in the store with suggestions do you want to buy this and that and all kinds of about pre-sales and dumb promotions. Half the time they go even have what I’m looking for. So I am they are feeling disappointed and having to look and see if I can find something else of similarity. At times I have found that some merchandise that usually comes with certain accessories and such does not come with it at GameStop and you have to spend more money to purchase whatever is needed with it.

I have never ever left GameStop after all these years. With that good experience and there’s always some kinda disappointment. ALWAYS. So this last time I swore to myself I will never step foot In a Game Stop ever again. I miss the good old days when there was Hastings and a variety of gaming stores I could choose from and not have to worry about getting a good deal or ripped off! eBay and Amazon are the way to go today! Definitely NOT GameStop NOT for anything!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased a game (State of Decay 2 Ultimate Edition Xbox One) in store, physical disc. I get home and wait several hours for it to install. Once finished I go to play the game but it stays on the same loading screen forever. This issue is common and I began trying the various troubleshooting methods. Like most people this still didn't work so with the receipt (less than a week from purchase) I went back to the same store to get a refund. They will not refund new games that have been opened. They are only give me another disk stating that the disk was defective but they had just given their last copy away for the same issue but I can drive to a different store. Suspecting it was the game itself and not the disc I asked what I needed to do to get a refund. Contact Microsoft they say. Wrong move there because that is how I discovered that it is most definitely not a disc issue.

The problem is with the game and Microsoft has been aware since 5/22/2018 when they posted it on the main Live Status Page. Had I purchased from Microsoft they would be happy to refund my money but since it was Gamestop I have to go through them. So I called back to the store I was just in citing my new knowledge asking if I, could get a refund since Microsoft confirms that there is a major game (not disc) defect but again I am told no from the store manager. "We can only give you another disc." I took this matter to their corporate offices stating that they had the same responsibility to stand behind the products they sell just as the manufacturer does but still they refused any sort of refund for selling a defective product.

I try to submit reviews for the game on their website so people are aware of the issue and every time they are "moderated" and removed. Now I have turned to the BBB complaint #**. I suspect this will also not resolve anything as their first response told me to contact the developer (just like their go to in-store response was) despite stating in my original complaint my detailed conversation I already had with Microsoft. Clearly they didn't even read it.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I purchased a Nintendo Switch on their website after being charged and the money being taken. They refuse to refund money since they told me to order was canceled by one of the representatives due to my card was declined. I guess it would be declined after y'all already took my money. I sent proof that the money was taken out of my account (bank statements) and they told me I falsified my statement and will not be issuing a refund. I am hiring a lawyer.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I went in with a brand new Wii classic controller in box I bought off their site. I lost the receipt (I know. I know.) but I figured you know, they ask $23.99 for the used version, I bought the new one, it's still in the box... I might break at least 50% my purchase price? He asked me if I had my receipt, made this weird sound then sighed... and offered me $1 and was going to check me out... I said, "No. Thank you" and walked away. I spend so much money in this store, all for the one time I actually need some of my funds back for a controller that doesnt even work for most Wii games because you can't use a classic Wii controller with any Wii game that is "strictly nunchuck". It was sick. I have never in my life received such an insulting low-ball offer, and they do it with a smile. Fix your ** GameStop, your "trade in value" is the epitome of flawed and if you continue down this road, biting the hand that feeds you, you will cease to exist just like web games.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I recently got something from Gamestop. Asking to answer a question about a product I ordered - a PS4. It was advertised as 1tb but turned out to be 250gb. Obnoxiously enough, some moderator censored it.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Gamestop. A place where you will always get scammed out of your money. Worse than eBay I might add. Here is my story. Yesterday, I received an old PS4 that I bought off eBay. It was in good working condition and everything. So I walked up to Gamestop with two beat up Xbox One controllers and a working PS4 without the controller. So guess what happened? I got ** again. Oh yeah, I have been screwed by this company even during my teen years. So just like Xbox, EA and Capcom, it left a BITTER taste in my mouth. Not only was I charged for the controller and usb cord *they could have used an old one but whatever* I was dinged because of a part that was loose on the PS4.

I was so upset with myself that I forgot to glue it together at home, that I only came home with $89.39. I was so mad at myself. This is the last time that I will ever do business with Gamestop again. I hope to God that Gamestop just dies in a few years. Who needs them and EA? Oh and to the eBay buyer who screwed me out of a $170 trade in, have a nice life. I could have used that trade in money for Uber or for gas. Gamescam. Power to your money.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I tried to purchase a game (FIFA 18 for PS4) during Black Friday. The site returned an error. Called them. Waited on the line for more than an hour. The guy said that they ran out of copies. He couldn't explain why the item was still available for sale and not displayed as sold out (This was the situation even during the day after). I pointed out that this was very misleading. He wrote my email down and said that I will be compensated once the game is back on stock.

I asked them how will the compensation work. They said to place an order and they will refund me. There was a problem with their site. I contacted them, and they said that they will not honor the price. I argued, they said that they will honor the price. There was a problem paying with a credit card or PayPal. I contacted PayPal, they said that everything was OK from their end. Returned to Gamestop, they said that cannot accept PayPal's suggestions for solving the problem and that now they will not honor the price. Bottom line: You cannot trust them. Take your business elsewhere.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Bought a Wii bundle that came with 3 games. Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, and Wii sports. When I received it everything was in the box besides Super Mario Galaxy. I called to fix the issue and everything seemed easy enough, a few days later when I received the package it was just another copy of the New Super Mario Bros. So now I'm a little angry that I still don't have the original game I purchased. I call back again, they said that they are sorry and will fix this. I told them that I can just take the game back to a Gamestop but they said it doesn't matter for the situation. So I ask about the game I didn't receive, the guy said it will ship in 3-5 business days. It is now 2 weeks later and still nothing. I call again to see what's going on, it's not that hard to ship a game that weighs next to nothing.

Now I get a lady that says they aren't able to send a replacement game since they already sent a replacement, even though it was the last guy's fault I got the same game I already have. So now I am supposed to get a refund in another 5-7 days and I will have to go to the closest store hoping that they even have the game. Just such an inconvenience. I would not recommend buying bigger orders online that are apparently too complicated for their warehouse to successfully complete your order. You're better off just going to the store to begin with and getting all of the items that same day. Gamestop, I know you're really trying to get online sales since not as much people go to your stores anymore to buy games, but please try to improve the process of maybe having your warehouse or stores, wherever is in charge of sending out the orders, and having them double check orders before shipping. This should cut problem cases in half at least. Thank you.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Yes I'm trying to get some help here. Gamestop has credited my money back to an account that I can't get my money back from but won't help me get the money back from the financial institution. I told them to put the money on a gift card in advance and they did not so can y'all please help me. I made this order on March the 7th and I've been trying to get my order or my game system or the refund and they supposedly done the refund on April the 2nd at 6:15 p.m.

But my bank is telling me they do not have the money, that where I do not have an account anymore, that they can't, there's nothing they can do, that the only thing that I can do is go through Gamestop and Gamestops not wanting to help me at all. I've called him at least 30 times so and I've got UPS investigating so anyways I figured I would try this hoping that I would get something accomplished. All I want to do is either get my $288 back on a Gamestop gift card or get another PlayStation 4 Slim 1tb. Thank you for your time.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I ordered an online code for Xbox live. I found out a couple of months later that it did not work. Gamestop refused to refund me saying that the return period had expired. Now, Gamestop got $65 from me for an item that I cannot use!! I knew I should have ordered from Amazon.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Every gaming accessory I've bought from Gamestop breaks no matter how much it costs, I buy a wired controller the right joystick is all out of whack and the buttons are mashed (wonder why), buy a $49 headset one of the headphones stops working in a week, now my mic is busted. (And yes I promise that I take care of these items) and I bought a EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE, that's not working anymore. Gamestop, get out of here you video game communist!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I was shopping one day and in line waiting to check out when an irate associate approached me and told me to hurry up or leave. I said that I was waiting in line to check out, that I'd be on my way after that with no issue. She then changed her mind and told me to leave now or she'd call the police. I asked to speak to a manager and the employee started cussing at me, she called her girlfriend into the store who began harassing me, and she threw receipts at me as I checked out with another associate. I complained to corporate but the manager actually deleted the security footage so corporate thought I was lying, but nonetheless told me they'd handle it. I waited until I received a callback from corporate before I returned to the store.

On my next visit, that same employee was there and she immediately began cussing at me and when I was ready to check out, she started saying "they can help you at our other location" and wouldn't serve me. She continued hurling insults at me and I admittedly lost my temper and broke an item (a t.v. monitor) and tossed the socks I was holding across the counter saying that she could put them back. I know I was wrong and I do regret breaking the item. However, that doesn't justify their behavior and what happened next was highly illegal, even felonious, but all condoned by Gamestop management. I called the manager and offered to pay for the broken item but she refused, saying she wanted to involve the police. When the police arrived, she lied about the cost of the item, saying it was 2,000 dollars which affected the charge I was given.

They also had me charged with assault because I tossed the socks. Afterwards, the employee who started the whole issue filed a no-contact order against me claiming that I was stalking her, which was disproven in court and the order was dismissed. In that hearing, she once again stated that the item was worth $2,000. The manager also told the courts it was worth 2,000 and they persisted with this lie until my lawyer demanded a receipt. Furthermore, my lawyer filed a subpoena for the video surveillance to prove that I was accosted and provoked, but GameStop directly refused the court order and destroyed the video except for the moment that I broke the monitor. The evidence was inadmissible in court because of their tampering. The actual cost of the item was only $89.

The two employees who literally perjured their comments were also slandering me and saying that I was stalking the employee who started it all. I have had no contact with this employee outside of the incidents described. I have taken responsibility for my actions and paid restitution already (thankfully the charges were dismissed in court). GameStop never even so much as apologized for their behavior. They have literally committed felony perjury against me and nothing has been done. I will never shop at any GameStop location or online again. They are willing to commit crimes against their customers.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Worst customer service experience. I tried to replace a defective Joy-Cons, called them, explain the situation and the agent said the issue would be solved. They sent a UPS label for me to send the defective items and receive new ones, almost two weeks later I called again to get an update on the replacement, this time the agent said they made a mistake and didn't process the order, like 1/2 hour later, she said I need to send the whole console (which is working perfectly fine) because it was bought as a bundle...

I don't need to exchange a console my son is playing with for almost 2 months, I need to change defectives joy cons ( which they sell individually). So I requested my joy cons back... guess what? This time they said it wasn't possible. So I requested for a supervisor, they put me in hold like 20 more minutes I guess for me to give up, a new agent answer and after a whole new explanation agreed to send back MY joy cons. 2 hours and an unresolved issue. At this point I don't have the replacement or my previous joy cons.

Gamestop Company Information