3.5/5 (1204 ratings)

About Gamestop

Gamestop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

GameStop has blown my mind with its product offerings! Had no idea when I visited the site that they have evolved into a premier retailer beyond video games. Incredible customer service and highly competitive prices with free shipping. Great job GS!! Finally a much appreciated alternative to Amazon - I know all of my purchases are bonafide products and not fraudulent copycats!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Hello reader! I must admit, I grew up on video games. When my dad gave me the original Nintendo for Christmas, in 198 whatever, I was a changed little ape. I lost touch with video games and my roots a few years back. I would buy a game, only to be disappointed. Then, about a year ago now, my friend Keith gave me this hot tip (intended) that I should look at the stock again, and my position as a whole as a consumer. I cannot tell you how many positive experiences I have had in GameStop since. Most of them you would not believe anyway, but the customer service is clearly top priority.

For my current income, I manage several people. For many years, I have given GME gift cards to my very younger employees. Each time that I purchased these cards, I observed gifted salesmen, and women, offer some of the most superb customer service; I often wonder how I can inject these principles into those that I lead directly. I learned quickly how to do this... Buy, Hodl, and DRS with ComputerShare. Company fundamentals, stock price? Debt? Leadership and executive staff? I challenge any reader of this review to do an independent study, (with sources) and prove me wrong. Prove the banana wrong! You just cannot.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The only reason I only gave 4 stars is because I signed up to be a Power up Rewards member for 2020 and they only sent me 2 or 3 Game Informers. I thought I would receive a Game Informer magazine via mail every month during the entirety of 2020 if I signed up for the powerup card. I signed up in early 2020.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Paid for standard shipping yet my order arrived 2 days earlier than was promised. I never have to wait more than a day for my order to be processed and ready to ship. The site itself is fairly easy to navigate though I do wish it had a dark mode. I've also noticed the shift away from strictly physical console games into digital games and PC parts. Very excited to see where Gamestop goes next. Overall, extremely satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I wanted to write you and tell you how grateful I am for one of your employees, Rafael. Rafael went above and beyond customer care in that he was sooo incredibly thoughtful and stayed on top of my situation and resolved it excellently. In short, here was my situation — I had initially purchased a 3DS Nintendo game console that never worked. Needless to say, my 9 year old nephew, for whom this was destined for, was so disappointed. That said, after several failed attempts to reach anyone at Gamestop, I finally wrote to your CEO and CFO. Wonderfully, Rafael was assigned to my case.

I cannot say enough good things about Rafael. He stayed on top of my problem, eventually found a wonderful game console, and well, I now have such a happy nephew! In these COVID homebound times… these consoles really become so important for kids… It gives them other worlds (environments… safe from COVID) to play in. As I write this to you, my nephew is playing with the console and I can hear him laughing out loud. That makes me sooo happy!

All of that said, Raphael was just so kind, courteous, thoughtful and found me a wonderful replacement. I am a very happy Gamestop customer now… Your customer care is superb… because Raphael did a superb job. I will certainly tell my friends and family about your great products… and even more so, your great customer care… You really do care! Five stars for Raphael and Gamestop!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I ordered a refurbished iPhone 11 Pro Max for $700 which never arrived. After submitting a Lost in Transit form which according to their website, would take 7-10 business days, they never got back to me. I filed many follow-up emails and after much back and forth, 1 month and 1 week later, Kevin F from Gamestop said, "I was able to see that our team contacted you via email informing you that your refund/replacement request got denied; I am afraid that we cannot either process a replacement or a refund."

I never received a single update from GameStop without me first reaching out. Now, they have essentially stolen $700 from me. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. Absolute scammers. I am juggled around 20 different representatives, all of them taking no responsibility because their job is just to send some cordial email, and not actually solve the issue. Very disappointed. I have never been treated by a company like this. Never coming back.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Is this the place I go to shout from the rooftops that everyone needs to experience Gamestop's new customer service model? From in-store associates to phone reps to company policies, I've been beyond wowed. They like us! Drop Amazon. Shop at Gamestop.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

On November 24th I ordered a TV, my estimated delivery time was December 3rd. That day came and went and my tracking for it would no longer work. Stated waiting on Carrier. I waited until December 5th to even reach out because I know shipping can be terrible during the Black Friday season. They were no help. Said it was being investigated. Sent an Email to support on Dec 7th. That employee told me the system showed my order had delivered the day before, it definitely had not but I responded explaining that all to hear back from a different rep on Dec 13th telling me again it's under investigation. I should hear something in 24-48 hours.

I called on the 10th before receiving the email back and got the run around again. I told them I want a refund! I have spoke with them on December 14th, December 27th and January 5th with no confirmation on my $405 refund! Every time I'm told a different time frame and that I will get an email confirming and NEVER do! GameStop.com robbed me and refuses to make it right!! Do not order from them period. Save yourself the time and the financial loss!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Horrible. Ordered on 12/10, still has not shipped and it is 1/3. I reached out for a cancellation/refund and they said it is not possible until the item ships, but they can't tell me when it will ship. So they have my money, it is way past Christmas and they won't do anything to help me. Avoid them at all costs!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I placed a order at with a representative at GameStop for two items for Christmas for my kids. The items delivered earlier than what she said because I never had tracking information to go off. I contacted GameStop to inquire about my order and was told it was delivered already on 12/18/21. I spoke with several people that ensured me I would receive refund or replacement and they had to wait for fedex to complete investigation.

I spoke with fedex and was told no case or investigation had to made and the company needs to file a claim. When I call to confront the company I spoke with someone from a corporate switch board that claims it was a investigation done by them. I asked how you investigate something without fedex and he said I won’t get a refund and I asked to speak to a higher up and was hung up on. I don’t understand how this company think they just gone take my hard earn money. Fedex said for them to file a claim. I want my refund. This is not customer service. I spent $642.

Gamestop Company Information