2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.5/5 (1192 ratings)

About Gamestop

Gamestop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Hello reader! I must admit, I grew up on video games. When my dad gave me the original Nintendo for Christmas, in 198 whatever, I was a changed little ape. I lost touch with video games and my roots a few years back. I would buy a game, only to be disappointed. Then, about a year ago now, my friend Keith gave me this hot tip (intended) that I should look at the stock again, and my position as a whole as a consumer. I cannot tell you how many positive experiences I have had in GameStop since. Most of them you would not believe anyway, but the customer service is clearly top priority.

For my current income, I manage several people. For many years, I have given GME gift cards to my very younger employees. Each time that I purchased these cards, I observed gifted salesmen, and women, offer some of the most superb customer service; I often wonder how I can inject these principles into those that I lead directly. I learned quickly how to do this... Buy, Hodl, and DRS with ComputerShare. Company fundamentals, stock price? Debt? Leadership and executive staff? I challenge any reader of this review to do an independent study, (with sources) and prove me wrong. Prove the banana wrong! You just cannot.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The only reason I only gave 4 stars is because I signed up to be a Power up Rewards member for 2020 and they only sent me 2 or 3 Game Informers. I thought I would receive a Game Informer magazine via mail every month during the entirety of 2020 if I signed up for the powerup card. I signed up in early 2020.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Paid for standard shipping yet my order arrived 2 days earlier than was promised. I never have to wait more than a day for my order to be processed and ready to ship. The site itself is fairly easy to navigate though I do wish it had a dark mode. I've also noticed the shift away from strictly physical console games into digital games and PC parts. Very excited to see where Gamestop goes next. Overall, extremely satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I wanted to write you and tell you how grateful I am for one of your employees, Rafael. Rafael went above and beyond customer care in that he was sooo incredibly thoughtful and stayed on top of my situation and resolved it excellently. In short, here was my situation — I had initially purchased a 3DS Nintendo game console that never worked. Needless to say, my 9 year old nephew, for whom this was destined for, was so disappointed. That said, after several failed attempts to reach anyone at Gamestop, I finally wrote to your CEO and CFO. Wonderfully, Rafael was assigned to my case.

I cannot say enough good things about Rafael. He stayed on top of my problem, eventually found a wonderful game console, and well, I now have such a happy nephew! In these COVID homebound times… these consoles really become so important for kids… It gives them other worlds (environments… safe from COVID) to play in. As I write this to you, my nephew is playing with the console and I can hear him laughing out loud. That makes me sooo happy!

All of that said, Raphael was just so kind, courteous, thoughtful and found me a wonderful replacement. I am a very happy Gamestop customer now… Your customer care is superb… because Raphael did a superb job. I will certainly tell my friends and family about your great products… and even more so, your great customer care… You really do care! Five stars for Raphael and Gamestop!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I bought a refurbished PS4 from GameStop for my brother's birthday. Within 2 months it stopped turning on. After a lot of pushing they finally agreed to replace the PS4 if he sent the broken one back. Within 4 months the replacement one has also broken. 2 broken consoles within 6 months is unacceptable and GameStop refused to help me saying it's outside of their 30 day window. I spent over $300 on this and expect the console to work longer than 4 months.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

It sucks. They never have consoles at store. You have to order whatever you want. Never in stock and when you get a chance to order it it keeps delaying. It takes like 2-3 weeks to get there and they say it's gonna be at your house the day after the purchase. Trust me don't go. It sucksss!!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Gamestop do not practice covid-19 measures. So I purchased a pre owned system for my kids from game stop. I must say I'm truly disappointed that game stop do not have safety measures in place due to covid-19. The game console that I received was extremely dirty. There was a layer of filth on the system when I wiped it with disinfectant wipes they turn brown. I will never purchased anything from this company again. If I didn't open the package first my kids would have been subjected to such filth. Which could have created a terrible situation. I called. Customer service seems not to care so I'm completely done with this company.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Gamestop never has anything in stock, they have a fair amount of used games marked up to the point where you can buy the new game for about $4-6 more. They never have any Xbox one controllers. I've checked 4 different stores in my area - everything is either not available or out of stock. That includes the preowned stuff. You're a store that sells consoles and accessories...ever tried actually having those products in your store? Highly annoying going to your useless website to buy something and you literally have NOTHING available or in stock. It's sad calling yourself a game store and the local Walmart has a better selection Jesus smh. Trying to find my son a new xbox controller for his birthday and you have nothing available... Thank god for Amazon and 2 day shipping.

Original review: July 11, 2021

My account was hacked and my address has been changed in their system. I placed an order and entered my own address, but it reverted to the hacked address when I placed the order. I waited 50 minutes on the phone for customer service with no answer. Also someone has been stealing my points even after changing my password with no way of blocking the hacker from stealing any future points that I earn on purchases in-store.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I called on Tuesday 6/29/2021, regarding my Xbox Controller Series 1. It was starting to have stick drift and the left bumper broke. I tried going into a physical store and was advised they have none and to keep coming back to see if there is a replacement. When I went last time, the employee offered me to upgrade to the Series 2 controller for a small difference. So I called and spoke with an agent and told me that she will fill a form out and will call me back within 48 hours because they weren't able to locate my information (never heard back, shocker).

So I called and spoke with the same agent and advised of the same situation. I asked to see if I can upgrade and the agent advises no, I speak with Kyle (supervisor) and you know what he offers, if the physical store offered that, then I should go to a physical store.... GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. The replacement policy is so stupid, who is going to go to a store everyday to see if they have a controller in stock. Never buying a controller or anything from GameStop. When asking about the address of the replacement controller, Kyle the Supervisor advises that once I get a tracking number, to call GameStop so they can re-route the package to the correct address. THAT IS SO DUMB and how can your system not allow you to update the address. Horrible experience ever.

Gamestop Company Information