2.95/5

411 Gamestop Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Ordered a fire stick in the store online. I was advised it'll take 3 days. Now it's going on 10 days. I called customer service and they said because the shipping label has been created I can't get a refund. I told them that UPS doesn't have the product so how is it shipped?? They couldn't even answer me. But won't refund my money cash, they want to give me a first card in 2 weeks. Smh. Now I know to order only thru Amazon Prime. It was the same price with next day free shipping. GameStop sucks.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

GameStop does not honor its agreements and representations. Manager 6 mos ago told me to keep the box and receipt for a headset, and to bring it back within one year if it broke. They made a point of it, and it's the only reason I bought it. Tucked the box and receipt safely in storage. Six months later the manager says, "Sorry, we will not honor." "Oh, you must have misunderstood." Well no, both my boy and I heard it clearly and remember it. "Oh, and the warranty sticker on the box does not apply, so sorry." Right. They'll get no further business from me. The only question is whether I sue them. Maybe a class action from the looks of their national reviews.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Ordered a playstation controller for my stepson, no one said that if it didn't get picked up within 24 hours it would be mailed. Well I live in Florida and they shipped it to me so they said. This was July 14 that it was shipped. Well it is now August 5 and I have yet to receive any controller. I reported it to the post office and I need a receipt. Problem is that the website will no longer let me onto their website. I requested a new password this morning and it's now 6:02 PM and I have yet to receive the email. So I called, get put on hold to listen to people talk about games. I don't want to hear that. It was annoying. Please put me on silent or put music. Well the outcome was that I have to wait up to 2 hours for a copy of my receipt to send to USPS. I will never ever shop at Gamestop. It was absolutely the worst experience ever.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Got email thanking & informing me of order confirmation for pricey Xbox item purchased & sent to some person I never heard of. Help line is answered with “Welcome to Windstream.” What is up with that?

Original review: June 21, 2019

My $25 Gamestop GC wouldn't work online. I called customer service & they told me they would send a $25 digital GC to my email address within 3 days. A few weeks later, I called to see what the holdup was, and they said they did send it. When I asked them where, they read me my correct email address but with 2 numbers added after it. They said they would send the $25 GC to my correct email. 7 days later, I called again to tell them that I STILL had not received it. Again, they tried to tell me that they sent it & to check all of my folders. So now I'm really mad & feel something fishy is going on here.

I emailed them this time, because I wanted to get a different dept. I told them the entire story & that I STILL have not received the GC. They emailed me back "Betty, let me know if you haven't received the GC." HELLO? I JUST TOLD YOU THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT!!!! Also, my name is Debbie, not Betty! I'm about to lose my mind with these people! They asked for my physical address now & said they would mail it in 15 days. Really? We'll see.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I applied for Gamestop CC through Comenity and was approved for 250.00. I maxed it out for Christmas trying to build my credit. Paid it off last month paying over what was due and owed nothing. Paid on time. Was charged late fees every month. I didn't notice until my balance wasn't going done so I paid it completely off. Last month I get a notification from my credit report saying my Gamestop account was closed. I called Gamestop cc and they said yes due to inactivity. I'm like I jus paid it off last month. I don't use it every day. She couldn't give me anything else but that reason I called Comenity and again no answer but you will get a letter in the mail. I asked what other cards do I have with y'all. She said that's the only one. I said thank God.

They hurt my credit a little but they won't EVER get me again. Stay away from them. Looks like they robbing people. Quick to recover from losses the owner blew maybe in Vegas and want us to pay for their vacations. Yes need a civil lawsuit. It wouldnt be hard. Need to do like all the other commercials. You may be entitled to compensation if you have a CC through Comenity bank.... Have you had late fees charged every month for no reason? Have your accounts been closed for no reason? Have your credit been messed up for no reason? You maybe entitled.... Yeah someone needs to start this and stop them. They banking everyone's hard worked money and getting away with it.... So wrong.

Original review: May 16, 2019

If I could have provided ZERO stars, I would have. GameStop is awful! On Saturday 5/11/19, I went online and purchase ONE $40.00 digital gift card to be given to the neighbor for his birthday. I immediately received an email from GameStop claiming my bank declined the purchase. I called my bank who assured me that it was not the case. So, I called GameStop back, who suggested that this online gift card would take 3 days to be released to me, after the "per-authorization" was approved.

On Monday 5/13/19, I checked to see if GameStop released the $40 digital gift card to me. No, they had not; instead, they sent me another email stating that my bank declined the transaction. I called my bank only to discover that TWO transactions of $40 had been FULLY WITHDRAWN from my bank account. At this time, I disputed the charges with my bank and contacted GameStop again. This time, the RUDE, male, chauvinistic rep HUNG UP ON ME!

On Wednesday 5/15/19, I received an email from Tier One (GameStop) stating that these $40 fees would 'accumulate'. WHAT?!?! How does a ONE TIME PURCHASE for a single $40 digital gift card incur an accumulation? I replied to this email with CLEAR & CONCISE instruction that I NEVER want to invest another penny toward GameStop.

On Thursday 5/16/19, as I was reviewing my bank account I noticed that GameStop took a THIRD $40 FULL WITHDRAWAL from my bank account. Again, I contacted my bank to file another dispute & again, I contacted GameStop. This time, I spoke to Krisey (ID#**) who was RUDE and claimed to be the boss, when I asked for her Supervisor. Krisey, also, played unprofessional phone games while claiming to be on a broken telephone system. Krisey, too, ended the call by hanging up on me.

Now, I am left to work this out with my bank. The only resolution we can make is to cancel my credit card, altogether, so that GameStop cannot THIEVE anymore $40 transactions from my bank account. GameStop has done NOTHING to resolve this issue; in fact, they have accused me of LYING about the funds being deducted. I will NEVER do business with this SCAM CORP ever again and I will post this incident all over the internet so as to warn others from being ripped off like I have been.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Navarre Avenue Oregon OH store BUYING KNOWN STOLEN ITEMS. I stopped in after tracking down the thieves of my children's XBOX ONE and them giving me the location they sold it to and also the name on the ID they used. I walked and and identified my equipment on the shelf, explained to the gentleman who was there and that I would like to get it back and pay for it again. He told me to get the police and file a report. Which I already did but when I left the store he removed the item from site. This is beyond shady and these companies are striving off of crackheads stealing and them fencing and reselling. BOYCOTT GAMESTOP.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I call in to see why my Powerup Rewards was in the negative. Waited on hold for 45 minutes and then got told that the system gave me more points than I had on there. So the guy I was talking to told me that this very rarely happens and there was nothing he could do. I Love Gamestop but I don't know if I will recommend them anymore.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Let me be real for a minute. I love the Gamestop store I live by, the people who work there could be considered family. Although I ordered something online ONE TIME. I order a PC that I can’t buy in store because I really wanted to give Gamestop my business. I get a good and fun delivery date of about 4 days later. Fantastic. Well turns out...no. I ordered on the 12th of April and it still says processing on the 18th? Well okay! So I followed my sad broken heart and went straight to Twitter as all good millennials do to solve their problems.

I very respectfully sent a message to Gamestop asking basically WTF? I assumed this computer was made third party and was understanding that maybe that company themselves was causing the hold up. I’m a fair sister you know? I got the typical, “Oh no, can you send us your info so we can look into it for you?” BS you know. Well it’s been 2 days now with no reply back. I’d say I’m definitely not the patient type but 8 DAYS Gamestop. It says right there on your pretty little website that you ship within 24 hours. It’s not that hard to send a message to say, "Hey it’s taking a little longer than expected, sorry," or, "Hey we’re thinking we can’t do this order right now." But nah. They’re like that ** ex that just leaves you hanging before they tell you that you suck.

Gamestop Company Information