1.17/5
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

303 Gamestop Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

There are numerous reasons I dislike GameStop! Never once have I had a good experience in any of the stores I have visited over the years. Seems like they just got worse! Do I need to know where to begin! How about they rip you off every chance they get! They overcharge on some merchandise for starters. One time I had to get the power of words so I had to pay for a membership I wasn’t going to use. Then they gave me the subscription to the magazine I never said I wanted and threw in the trash. Would not refund me that. You spent all this money there and get a few measly reward points. Did you have to buy a bunch of other stuff to build them up to even get rewards. That whole concept is just messed up.

You shouldn’t have to buy a membership that you always have to renew in order to get rewards. What little reward you get after so long is ridiculous! A rewards program should be a free program that offers you rewards for shopping in their store like most other companies offer. The company should not be making money off the program that shows appreciation for customers and offers them benefits in their store.

The buy sell trade idea is a joke and that’s the biggest rip off and what makes me disgusted the most. So I bought a console and games from them. Sometime later I needed money so I sold it back at a disgustingly unreasonable low price. It’s almost laughable at what they offer for sell and trade. Then what they will do is put all my merchandise back on the shelf and triple the price. Then turn around and do it to some other naive unsuspectingly customer. Yeah they gave me a third of what I paid for the used merchandise in the first place. Then they wouldn’t void the transaction and stated that they are not a pawnshop. So I basically just got screwed right in my face! Buy sell trade should never have existed there. Because GameStop is not reasonable and too greedy.

Associates are Expected to almost harass you while you are in the store with suggestions do you want to buy this and that and all kinds of about pre-sales and dumb promotions. Half the time they go even have what I’m looking for. So I am they are feeling disappointed and having to look and see if I can find something else of similarity. At times I have found that some merchandise that usually comes with certain accessories and such does not come with it at GameStop and you have to spend more money to purchase whatever is needed with it.

I have never ever left GameStop after all these years. With that good experience and there’s always some kinda disappointment. ALWAYS. So this last time I swore to myself I will never step foot In a Game Stop ever again. I miss the good old days when there was Hastings and a variety of gaming stores I could choose from and not have to worry about getting a good deal or ripped off! eBay and Amazon are the way to go today! Definitely NOT GameStop NOT for anything!

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased a game (State of Decay 2 Ultimate Edition Xbox One) in store, physical disc. I get home and wait several hours for it to install. Once finished I go to play the game but it stays on the same loading screen forever. This issue is common and I began trying the various troubleshooting methods. Like most people this still didn't work so with the receipt (less than a week from purchase) I went back to the same store to get a refund. They will not refund new games that have been opened. They are only give me another disk stating that the disk was defective but they had just given their last copy away for the same issue but I can drive to a different store. Suspecting it was the game itself and not the disc I asked what I needed to do to get a refund. Contact Microsoft they say. Wrong move there because that is how I discovered that it is most definitely not a disc issue.

The problem is with the game and Microsoft has been aware since 5/22/2018 when they posted it on the main Live Status Page. Had I purchased from Microsoft they would be happy to refund my money but since it was Gamestop I have to go through them. So I called back to the store I was just in citing my new knowledge asking if I, could get a refund since Microsoft confirms that there is a major game (not disc) defect but again I am told no from the store manager. "We can only give you another disc." I took this matter to their corporate offices stating that they had the same responsibility to stand behind the products they sell just as the manufacturer does but still they refused any sort of refund for selling a defective product.

I try to submit reviews for the game on their website so people are aware of the issue and every time they are "moderated" and removed. Now I have turned to the BBB complaint #**. I suspect this will also not resolve anything as their first response told me to contact the developer (just like their go to in-store response was) despite stating in my original complaint my detailed conversation I already had with Microsoft. Clearly they didn't even read it.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I purchased a Nintendo Switch on their website after being charged and the money being taken. They refuse to refund money since they told me to order was canceled by one of the representatives due to my card was declined. I guess it would be declined after y'all already took my money. I sent proof that the money was taken out of my account (bank statements) and they told me I falsified my statement and will not be issuing a refund. I am hiring a lawyer.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I went in with a brand new Wii classic controller in box I bought off their site. I lost the receipt (I know. I know.) but I figured you know, they ask $23.99 for the used version, I bought the new one, it's still in the box... I might break at least 50% my purchase price? He asked me if I had my receipt, made this weird sound then sighed... and offered me $1 and was going to check me out... I said, "No. Thank you" and walked away. I spend so much money in this store, all for the one time I actually need some of my funds back for a controller that doesnt even work for most Wii games because you can't use a classic Wii controller with any Wii game that is "strictly nunchuck". It was sick. I have never in my life received such an insulting low-ball offer, and they do it with a smile. Fix your ** GameStop, your "trade in value" is the epitome of flawed and if you continue down this road, biting the hand that feeds you, you will cease to exist just like web games.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I recently got something from Gamestop. Asking to answer a question about a product I ordered - a PS4. It was advertised as 1tb but turned out to be 250gb. Obnoxiously enough, some moderator censored it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: April 17, 2018

Gamestop. A place where you will always get scammed out of your money. Worse than eBay I might add. Here is my story. Yesterday, I received an old PS4 that I bought off eBay. It was in good working condition and everything. So I walked up to Gamestop with two beat up Xbox One controllers and a working PS4 without the controller. So guess what happened? I got ** again. Oh yeah, I have been screwed by this company even during my teen years. So just like Xbox, EA and Capcom, it left a BITTER taste in my mouth. Not only was I charged for the controller and usb cord *they could have used an old one but whatever* I was dinged because of a part that was loose on the PS4.

I was so upset with myself that I forgot to glue it together at home, that I only came home with $89.39. I was so mad at myself. This is the last time that I will ever do business with Gamestop again. I hope to God that Gamestop just dies in a few years. Who needs them and EA? Oh and to the eBay buyer who screwed me out of a $170 trade in, have a nice life. I could have used that trade in money for Uber or for gas. Gamescam. Power to your money.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I tried to purchase a game (FIFA 18 for PS4) during Black Friday. The site returned an error. Called them. Waited on the line for more than an hour. The guy said that they ran out of copies. He couldn't explain why the item was still available for sale and not displayed as sold out (This was the situation even during the day after). I pointed out that this was very misleading. He wrote my email down and said that I will be compensated once the game is back on stock.

I asked them how will the compensation work. They said to place an order and they will refund me. There was a problem with their site. I contacted them, and they said that they will not honor the price. I argued, they said that they will honor the price. There was a problem paying with a credit card or PayPal. I contacted PayPal, they said that everything was OK from their end. Returned to Gamestop, they said that cannot accept PayPal's suggestions for solving the problem and that now they will not honor the price. Bottom line: You cannot trust them. Take your business elsewhere.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Bought a Wii bundle that came with 3 games. Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, and Wii sports. When I received it everything was in the box besides Super Mario Galaxy. I called to fix the issue and everything seemed easy enough, a few days later when I received the package it was just another copy of the New Super Mario Bros. So now I'm a little angry that I still don't have the original game I purchased. I call back again, they said that they are sorry and will fix this. I told them that I can just take the game back to a Gamestop but they said it doesn't matter for the situation. So I ask about the game I didn't receive, the guy said it will ship in 3-5 business days. It is now 2 weeks later and still nothing. I call again to see what's going on, it's not that hard to ship a game that weighs next to nothing.

Now I get a lady that says they aren't able to send a replacement game since they already sent a replacement, even though it was the last guy's fault I got the same game I already have. So now I am supposed to get a refund in another 5-7 days and I will have to go to the closest store hoping that they even have the game. Just such an inconvenience. I would not recommend buying bigger orders online that are apparently too complicated for their warehouse to successfully complete your order. You're better off just going to the store to begin with and getting all of the items that same day. Gamestop, I know you're really trying to get online sales since not as much people go to your stores anymore to buy games, but please try to improve the process of maybe having your warehouse or stores, wherever is in charge of sending out the orders, and having them double check orders before shipping. This should cut problem cases in half at least. Thank you.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Yes I'm trying to get some help here. Gamestop has credited my money back to an account that I can't get my money back from but won't help me get the money back from the financial institution. I told them to put the money on a gift card in advance and they did not so can y'all please help me. I made this order on March the 7th and I've been trying to get my order or my game system or the refund and they supposedly done the refund on April the 2nd at 6:15 p.m.

But my bank is telling me they do not have the money, that where I do not have an account anymore, that they can't, there's nothing they can do, that the only thing that I can do is go through Gamestop and Gamestops not wanting to help me at all. I've called him at least 30 times so and I've got UPS investigating so anyways I figured I would try this hoping that I would get something accomplished. All I want to do is either get my $288 back on a Gamestop gift card or get another PlayStation 4 Slim 1tb. Thank you for your time.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I ordered an online code for Xbox live. I found out a couple of months later that it did not work. Gamestop refused to refund me saying that the return period had expired. Now, Gamestop got $65 from me for an item that I cannot use!! I knew I should have ordered from Amazon.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Every gaming accessory I've bought from Gamestop breaks no matter how much it costs, I buy a wired controller the right joystick is all out of whack and the buttons are mashed (wonder why), buy a $49 headset one of the headphones stops working in a week, now my mic is busted. (And yes I promise that I take care of these items) and I bought a EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE, that's not working anymore. Gamestop, get out of here you video game communist!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I was shopping one day and in line waiting to check out when an irate associate approached me and told me to hurry up or leave. I said that I was waiting in line to check out, that I'd be on my way after that with no issue. She then changed her mind and told me to leave now or she'd call the police. I asked to speak to a manager and the employee started cussing at me, she called her girlfriend into the store who began harassing me, and she threw receipts at me as I checked out with another associate. I complained to corporate but the manager actually deleted the security footage so corporate thought I was lying, but nonetheless told me they'd handle it. I waited until I received a callback from corporate before I returned to the store.

On my next visit, that same employee was there and she immediately began cussing at me and when I was ready to check out, she started saying "they can help you at our other location" and wouldn't serve me. She continued hurling insults at me and I admittedly lost my temper and broke an item (a t.v. monitor) and tossed the socks I was holding across the counter saying that she could put them back. I know I was wrong and I do regret breaking the item. However, that doesn't justify their behavior and what happened next was highly illegal, even felonious, but all condoned by Gamestop management. I called the manager and offered to pay for the broken item but she refused, saying she wanted to involve the police. When the police arrived, she lied about the cost of the item, saying it was 2,000 dollars which affected the charge I was given.

They also had me charged with assault because I tossed the socks. Afterwards, the employee who started the whole issue filed a no-contact order against me claiming that I was stalking her, which was disproven in court and the order was dismissed. In that hearing, she once again stated that the item was worth $2,000. The manager also told the courts it was worth 2,000 and they persisted with this lie until my lawyer demanded a receipt. Furthermore, my lawyer filed a subpoena for the video surveillance to prove that I was accosted and provoked, but GameStop directly refused the court order and destroyed the video except for the moment that I broke the monitor. The evidence was inadmissible in court because of their tampering. The actual cost of the item was only $89.

The two employees who literally perjured their comments were also slandering me and saying that I was stalking the employee who started it all. I have had no contact with this employee outside of the incidents described. I have taken responsibility for my actions and paid restitution already (thankfully the charges were dismissed in court). GameStop never even so much as apologized for their behavior. They have literally committed felony perjury against me and nothing has been done. I will never shop at any GameStop location or online again. They are willing to commit crimes against their customers.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Worst customer service experience. I tried to replace a defective Joy-Cons, called them, explain the situation and the agent said the issue would be solved. They sent a UPS label for me to send the defective items and receive new ones, almost two weeks later I called again to get an update on the replacement, this time the agent said they made a mistake and didn't process the order, like 1/2 hour later, she said I need to send the whole console (which is working perfectly fine) because it was bought as a bundle...

I don't need to exchange a console my son is playing with for almost 2 months, I need to change defectives joy cons ( which they sell individually). So I requested my joy cons back... guess what? This time they said it wasn't possible. So I requested for a supervisor, they put me in hold like 20 more minutes I guess for me to give up, a new agent answer and after a whole new explanation agreed to send back MY joy cons. 2 hours and an unresolved issue. At this point I don't have the replacement or my previous joy cons.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I've been a member of GameStop PowerUp rewards since 2010. I buy a lot of games from GameStop and I mean a lot of games. My Power Up Rewards at 400,000 points. I order a game online this year for the first time. I never received my product so I call them. They gave me points. They say they was going to replace my game but I have not never received them. One day I decided to look at my points and seeing the stuff that I wanted pre-ordered on my account. I cannot log into my account so I called GameStop the 1-800 number. They told me that my account was closed. I said why. They could not give me a reason. I kept calling and I kept calling and I kept calling and nobody can give me a reason why they closed my account. They said told me to look at the terms and conditions. I look at the terms and conditions 15000 and it told me nothing that I did wrong.

I finally got ahold of somebody in the corporate office name Josh. He told me that my account was closed because of the term tradition. Again he couldn't tell me why either. I call the corporate switchboard of GameStop. They told me that I need to speak to Holly ** assistant to the president. Holly ** never return my phone call. I left her email messages. I left her phone calls and she never returned my phone call. That's great customer service being sarcastic. I finally got a phone call from a guy named Joe. He said I would never talk to Holly ** ever. I said, "I don't want to talk to you." He had a nasty attitude.

All I want is my points back. My 400,000 points back. My account back from 2010 to today. I saved all my points. Never used them. Everybody told me I should use my points. I said I want to save them and all the sudden they delete it. For what from what I was told finally don't reason. They closed my account because the foreign customer service rep gave me points. That's not a reason to close so my account I think is unfair. I just upgrade it to the Elite Pro. Spent $30. I want my account back and my 400,000 points back.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Customer service is HORRID at Gamestop. A guy was being very rude to me and had a huge attitude. He was very smart-aleck and was trying to embarrass me in front of the other customers in the store. He then told me he was the District manager. His name is Nick **. After trying to belittle me in the store... his guy actually follows me OUT TO MY CAR to make more hateful comments. This is THE DISTRICT MANAGER for God’s sake. No wonder the other employees are so rude and hateful at Gamestop if this is their leadership! Little game stores would BEG for my business and the volume of games I purchase. This guy HARASSED me for it! Stay away from Gamestop folks... your business is not appreciated here.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I ordered a SNES classic on December 8th. Said it shipped 12 Dec through USPS. The tracking number in USPS says awaiting shipper. It’s Jan 17. I have called a few times and can never get a customer service rep due to super long hold and wait times. Was disconnected 3 times. Emailed and never got a response.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Very disappointed. Ordered game for holiday gift. Game was received without actual game disc. Called customer service and was on hold 20 minutes. Finally spoke with a rep and was told they would send a replacement in 1-2 business days. 4 days later and still nothing. Called customer service and put on hold again. I would not recommend ordering from this company.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I was told lie after lie after lie from customer service regarding why my Trade Credit was no longer on my card… 1. I was told 12/22/17 that my Trade Credit had expired after trying to redeem at my local store. I called a number the store employee gave me (even though it states specifically on the card it does not). Pointed this out and was put on hold only to hear lie 2. 2. I was told my card was redeemed on Dec 2016 (which unless someone broke into my storage unit, found my card, redeemed it and put it back into my storage without any indication: this is impossible. The card was in storage until June of this year where it was a bit warped by heat and still wrapped in the original receipt). I explained this and was put on hold to hear lie 3.

3. I was told it was redeemed for cash sometime in Jan of this year, I demanded to know what store/time/date as to put them on the spot, they could not tell me (I explained again this is impossible based on the reason stated above)…was put on hold again to be told lie 4. 4. I was told it was redeemed on May 4th 2015 (I explained that that was the date I sold my Xbox/controllers/games for trade credit and this was the day the card was loaded…the employee then stated “oh, that’s right”) was put on hold again to wait for lie 5.

5. I was told that I would need to escalated my claim to a different number and I would receive my gift card in 3-5 business days (I called the number the next day) I was told lie 6. 6. (I RECORDED THIS CALL) I called given number and spoke to Jesus. I explained all of the above again in detail the circumstance of my situation and told them I was calling to get my credit returned to me, and was told immediately that my card had been redeemed in Sept of 2016, I demanded to know date/time/store again because this was impossible and was putting them on the spot to prove their lie. I was put on hold again to be told lie #7.

7. My card was redeemed on 12/16/16 @9:13 am! I immediately argued that the stores don’t even open that early, and was put on hold again being told I was to be handed to a supervisor (which technically would be lie #8 I guess because I was not transferred to a supervisor). 8. Jesus came back and asked for my contact information including my email stating that in 3 business days I would receive in my email my trade credit balance in the form of an electronic gift card.

9. It is now 4 business days later and nothing is in my email/spam from Gamestop. This company has nothing credible to offer to a consumer.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I will NEVER use this company or recommend them to anyone EVER. You're better off on Amazon or something. Customer service is terrible, hard to reach and overall distasteful. I ordered my product and waited several days after its original delivery date. Waited 30 mins!!! Just for b.s. HATE this company.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I received a handful of GameStop gift cards from friends a few years ago. They totaled $70. Looking at the fine prints, the gift cards do not expire. When I went to the store to use them, they told them the cards have been used which is impossible since the pin numbers have not been scratched yet. They told me to call their 1-800 number. I called and waited 20 minutes to speak to Customer Service who confirmed the cards have not been used; they were de-activated. They promised to issue me virtual credits. They took down my information and my email. They said the credit will take a week to issue. I don't know why since that's a long time for me to wait and use money that belongs to me. I asked for a confirmation number. They insisted a confirmation number is not necessary.

Would you be surprised if I tell you a week later, I never received my virtual credit? I didn't even receive an email confirming I called and reported the problem. I am calling their 1-800 number right now and is on a 60-minute wait due to high call volume. It's really unacceptable. I'm not optimistic this issue would be resolved properly. I will never buy their gift cards or any online credits ever again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Extremely disappointed with Gamestop. I ordered an item that was in stock when I bought it. It remained for 3 days in stock and my order was cancelled when I ordered the 1st day of the sale. The item was Christmas gift. I'll avoid Gamestop for future purchases.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

When I was trading in my Xbox 360 system and the controllers plus the games, they are too picky saying it needs the original battery pack when I have two charger packs plus a battery pack and saying it needs an original HD cord when people use the new HDMI cords.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I ordered a figure from Gamestop's online store recently and was extremely dissatisfied with my purchase. I am not a serious collector of figurines by any means, but when my order arrived, I noticed that the box had been previously opened. Once I removed the figure from its packaging, I also noticed it was covered in dust, so while Gamestop's site said this was a brand new figure, it was obviously a floor model that they sold me. While I rarely post reviews, I was disappointed, and so I left honest feedback through their 'review' system. I just received an email from Gamestop rejecting my review. For those of you who may think I said something unsavory, this is my review verbatim:

"Great statue, false advertising. For the most part the figure is in good shape, but I am giving this a 2 star review because: 1. There are a few dings on the figure. 2. I noticed the box was open when I received it (the seal was cut) and 3. The figure was covered in dust. I can only assume that this was a display piece in one of your stores. The sales page lists this item as new, but it certainly was NOT! Very disappointed in this purchase."

I tried contacting their customer service number and just sat on hold. The 'contact us' options on their website are non-existent. With all of the other purchasing options available now, and after my poor treatment, I believe my many years of doing business with this company has finally come to an end. Since they apparently won't allow negative experience posts on their website, I just decided to leave this experience here as a warning to others.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017 Ordered a phone online in April 2017. Used it for 8 months. Samsung/Android updated system December 2017. Verizon has now shut my phone off due to the person who owned my phone before me owes on the contract, apparently over 2k. Jerth **. Spent over 2 hours on hold with customer service with still no solution.

I'm stuck with a phone they should have never purchased and never sold. Horrible company.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Lies and horrible overseas "customer service": Ok, so I sat on the phone a total of almost six hours trying to get a hold of ANYONE to cancel this order that was placed by mistake and no one ever did answer the phone. Very very unimpressed with their mobile AND desktop site, as neither one allowed me to cancel this order even after trying immediately. When I finally did get someone this morning (after waiting another hour and a half) they refused to cancel the order even though it HAS NOT been shipped, still says open and isn't even in the process of being packaged. It even says on their website that there will be shipping delays since they're so busy or whatever which ticks me off even more, they don't WANT you to cancel anything, their company is tanking! And it's obvious why that is!!

After reading many reviews and feedback online, I see this is not in my case an exception. This happens to almost 100% of their customers who try to cancel or edit their order. I am also very disturbed about the reviews on this company saying that people's credit card information has been stolen and that the site isn't secure.

All I wanted to do was change my order to a NON refurbished console, which would actually have gained them more money but I WILL certainly be returning the $335 dollars worth of merchandise I purchased and take my business elsewhere. Won't even risk removing anything from the package, going straight back to the crooks. I've honestly never experienced such horrible customer service or dealt with a WORSE website as far as functionality goes in my entire life. Also, the fact that I wasted over 8 hours of my life dealing with this company makes me incredibly salty as well, and I will definitely be telling all of my 2800 Facebook and Instagram followers about my experience unless this is remedied.

Thanks in advance for anything you choose to do to make this right, GAMESTOP. And to those considering them for ANYTHING this holiday season, I would strongly advise against it. Make sure to read other reviews online, boy I wish I had! This crap will probably ruin my kids' Xmas and I am SUPER hot about it, shame on these jerks!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The website has nothing to help customers, not even proof of your order history, no email or chat for customer service. You finally find a phone number that says they are available anytime and call to find out they have certain hours of operation... But there is a feedback button if you get their app. Got the app, sent email, been two days and no response. Bought 2 Nintendo 3DS, one came in a bubble lined mailer envelope. Let me repeat that, our $110 refurbished electronic device containing a lithium ion battery came in an envelope.

Neither package contained a proper receipt showing that we also paid for the 2 year warranty. When we tried to return the product in the store, the nice associates commented that they hate the warehouse and that they were unsure how to proceed to get me my money back. There was NO RETURN LABEL in the package, either.

I spent more than 3 hours over two phone calls over two days to talk for 15 minutes to a real person who did not understand some of what I was saying. After all that, I finally have a return label that supposedly will not cost me anything, but no lithium ion label for the package. But I am promised a supervisor who knows what I am talking about will get back to me today. The incomplete shipping invoice even states that a lithium ion label is required. What they did for me was to type it in the description of the label so that it looks like I am shipping lithium ion batteries! That would require a hazardous shipping bill. SMH. GameStop- if you are going to have a business, you need to have business support. Hire people in America to handle calls within our country and then train them as to what business they are actually working for! Then put customer service links into your website.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

12/4/17 Went to GameStop at South Beach Parkway in Jacksonville Beach FL to purchase a game for Christmas for my son. I typically avoid GameStop because I've generally not been impressed with the stores; in this case, it was next to another store I visited so I tried to save time. The game is a download only game, and as such, the only way to purchase is by taking one of the many display cards to the register at which time they will print a redemption code on your receipt. I purchased the game for my son. When I was done checking out, the store leader, Alexander didn't give me the display card (which also has the download instructions on the back) along with my receipt. I asked for the card, and he stated that I couldn't have it. I said that doesn't make sense, and I know that similar games I've purchased at Best Buy do come with the card.

Alex's response was "this isn't Best Buy." I told Alex that if he wasn't going to give me the card, then I wanted my money returned. He attempted to return my money, and then stated "the system isn't allowing me to return your money," handed me the receipt and card, then stated "don't ever come here again." I am more than shocked at his behavior, rudeness, and clear intentional violation of Gamestop’s published corporate core values. I told him that I would be reporting his behavior to Corporate, and his response was "no you won't, and I really don't care." I will never provide Gamestop with future business. Further, as a senior leader at a fortune 100, I'm fully aware that employees demonstrating such behaviors and statements is clearly learned through corporate culture. I did attempt to talk with a corporate customer service person. However, after being on hold for 42 minutes, I gave up. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I am so very disappointed with the GameStop corporate office for online ordering. I ordered 3 Nintendo DS games online on the 11th of November. I was told that I would have shipping/tracking information in 48 hours and that my estimated delivery date was the 17th. On the 16, I still did not see any tracking information so I called corporate and told them that I could not possibly receive the products on the 17th if they still were not even shipped to UPS. They said, "Oh well it looks like it got lost in the mail, we will have to issue a replacement." I was then told that the replacement would be here on Thanksgiving day the 23rd.

On the 24th I called back and said I still have not received it. They said well everything looks good on our end you should be receiving it by Monday the 27th. Again I looked it up and had no tracking information. I did get an email from ups that said it had been delayed. I finally received the products on the 27th. At this point I had called them 5 different times and waited on hold at least 30 minutes each time. When one of the games arrived it looked like it had gotten wet at one point. I am so grateful that I finally did receive the products because I was so tired of dealing with them. It took 16 days for me to get my order!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Literally spent almost 2 hours on hold while not speaking to a single human representative. Ridiculous, said the wait time was about 30 minutes. Very dissatisfied, already did not like GameStop with the way they rip people off via "buying" games from people, far from what they're even worth. Disgusted with this company, will never shop here again. Definitely do not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I bought an Xbox One X for my husband the other day. He ended up getting another one that he likes better. WE CALLED BEFORE TO MAKE SURE WE COULD RETURN IT SO WE DIDN'T WASTE OUR TIME. The guy said we could, as long as it was still in good condition. So I just took it in to the Traverse City Gamestop and the girls there talked to me like I am an idiot. I told them the exact conversation I had with the gentleman on the phone yesterday and they said, "Yeah, the condition he was talking about is UNOPENED." They continued to talk to me like a child. I don't shop for game systems very often, but the guy specifically told me we could return it. Don't disrespect me for trying to do something I was told I could do. I will never go there ever again.

Gamestop Company Information