3.6/5 (1313 ratings)

About Gamestop

Gamestop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

GameStop has blown my mind with its product offerings! Had no idea when I visited the site that they have evolved into a premier retailer beyond video games. Incredible customer service and highly competitive prices with free shipping. Great job GS!! Finally a much appreciated alternative to Amazon - I know all of my purchases are bonafide products and not fraudulent copycats!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I ordered a refurbished iPhone 11 Pro Max for $700 which never arrived. After submitting a Lost in Transit form which according to their website, would take 7-10 business days, they never got back to me. I filed many follow-up emails and after much back and forth, 1 month and 1 week later, Kevin F from Gamestop said, "I was able to see that our team contacted you via email informing you that your refund/replacement request got denied; I am afraid that we cannot either process a replacement or a refund."

I never received a single update from GameStop without me first reaching out. Now, they have essentially stolen $700 from me. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. Absolute scammers. I am juggled around 20 different representatives, all of them taking no responsibility because their job is just to send some cordial email, and not actually solve the issue. Very disappointed. I have never been treated by a company like this. Never coming back.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Is this the place I go to shout from the rooftops that everyone needs to experience Gamestop's new customer service model? From in-store associates to phone reps to company policies, I've been beyond wowed. They like us! Drop Amazon. Shop at Gamestop.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

On November 24th I ordered a TV, my estimated delivery time was December 3rd. That day came and went and my tracking for it would no longer work. Stated waiting on Carrier. I waited until December 5th to even reach out because I know shipping can be terrible during the Black Friday season. They were no help. Said it was being investigated. Sent an Email to support on Dec 7th. That employee told me the system showed my order had delivered the day before, it definitely had not but I responded explaining that all to hear back from a different rep on Dec 13th telling me again it's under investigation. I should hear something in 24-48 hours.

I called on the 10th before receiving the email back and got the run around again. I told them I want a refund! I have spoke with them on December 14th, December 27th and January 5th with no confirmation on my $405 refund! Every time I'm told a different time frame and that I will get an email confirming and NEVER do! GameStop.com robbed me and refuses to make it right!! Do not order from them period. Save yourself the time and the financial loss!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Horrible. Ordered on 12/10, still has not shipped and it is 1/3. I reached out for a cancellation/refund and they said it is not possible until the item ships, but they can't tell me when it will ship. So they have my money, it is way past Christmas and they won't do anything to help me. Avoid them at all costs!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I placed a order at with a representative at GameStop for two items for Christmas for my kids. The items delivered earlier than what she said because I never had tracking information to go off. I contacted GameStop to inquire about my order and was told it was delivered already on 12/18/21. I spoke with several people that ensured me I would receive refund or replacement and they had to wait for fedex to complete investigation.

I spoke with fedex and was told no case or investigation had to made and the company needs to file a claim. When I call to confront the company I spoke with someone from a corporate switch board that claims it was a investigation done by them. I asked how you investigate something without fedex and he said I won’t get a refund and I asked to speak to a higher up and was hung up on. I don’t understand how this company think they just gone take my hard earn money. Fedex said for them to file a claim. I want my refund. This is not customer service. I spent $642.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Ordered 4 XBox One controllers. Three came in, one was lost by FedEx. Filed a refund request with Gamestop. They gave me the run-around and refused. Waited another week. Controller never was delivered. Called Gamestop again and told them FedEx doesn't know where it is. Asked to speak to a Supervisor - was denied, they wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor. Requested return and refund. Gamestop said they had to investigate. I kept checking the tracking number. Finally found out FedEx delivered it back to the point of origin and got a signature from that warehouse (Kentucky, I live in California). Gamestop still refuses to issue refund saying the controller was delivered, they have a signature. Yes, they have a signature - one of their own employees in Kentucky. Gamestop now has the controller AND my money. This is fraud. They refuse to do anything about it.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I am juggled around by representatives at GameStop via email for over a month since I ordered the item. My iPhone Pro Max 11 was supposed to arrive on the 2nd of December. FedEx tracking said the item was delivered but I never received the item. I waited three days as suggested by GameStop before filing a "Lost in Transit" form. After one week of no response, I emailed GameStop, and every time I respond a new representative responds, and I am constantly being juggled by basic HR responses and it has been over a month since I ordered the phone but they have not even shipped another one. I am extremely frustrated. I just want my phone and I paid over $700 for it, and I am being juggled from one representative to the next, getting nowhere closer to getting my phone. Absolutely disgusting and horrid customer service. None of them care and just give a generic response to "do their job" by responding, with 0 action taken.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I ordered online a game. It was supposed to be held for me. I called the store on Shields in Fresno, Ca. Then I received a notification it was being shipped. So I called the store asked why it wasn't held. Somebody else bought it already. Okay. I got to the store to buy another. That game was in stock. I asked to cancel the game in order. They said I need to do it. I did. I still received the game. I called the 1888gamestop phone#. No answer after 30mins. I left my phone number for a call back. After the second ring the employee hung up. I emailed the Game stop website. Finally receiving an answer. Was told I could get a refund from the store I bought it from. I just took the game to that store, was told I couldn't get a refund. Even though I have a receipt on my phone.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I ordered two games on Dec 6 as a gift. They were to be shipped to an Ontario city from Brampton Ontario. They ended up in Calgary on Dec 13. One week later Dec 20 Purolator had no update. I had also send 2 requests to customer service at GS and no replies. So I called CS at GameStop. After a 40 minute wait on hold I was told they had no update but it could possibly be moving back to Ontario on the 21st. I informed them Puro had just told me they had no update. I told the GS CS person I need an answer by 12 on the 21st or I would prefer they cancel. The CS person told they were busy in the morning but would try to call back.

On the 21 no word from GS but Puro advised it was out for delivery. At 11.30 am the parcel was delivered and then 2 minutes later taken back by Puro. GS had cancelled the order. No advice from them, no phone call, they did not check Puro to see it was being delivered. If you try to call their GS CS expect to wait 40 minutes on hold or they don't take the call at all. Amazed they are still in business online. Re ordered the games from Amazon for next day delivery. So much for supporting a Canadian company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

GameStop is the best company in the world and I spend ALL my money on Gamestop shares. When I was a little boy, Ryan Cohen came to our house. He helped my dad to stop drinking and he got us all jobs at the money factory. DFV. DRS. GME.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I ordered a pre-owned PS4 controller because I accidentally spilt water on my mine which made it not hold a charge. I was excited to find that gamestop had pre-owned ones that were slightly cheaper since things are tighter around Christmas. I received my controller today and I'm not happy. The controller won't turn on, at all I tried hooking it up and resetting it and everything else, but it will not turn on. The controller has scratches and dings in it (I've had mine for 2 years with no markings so dude must've been mad). The D-pad is super sticky and the options button can't even be pressed, it's stuck. I spent $60 and pretty much wasted it. I've sent them an email so hopefully it will be fixed, but it's ridiculous that it was sent to begin with.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

BUYER BEWARE!!!! I ordered the Xbox Series X from GameStop on 11-2-2021 FOR $421.71 fully loaded, and they GUARANTEED that the delivery date would be within 2 days. When it didn't arrive by the 11-6-21, I called in to find out why. They gave me some game points and ask me to give it another 2 days. I reluctantly agreed and waited the extra days. When it still didn't arrive by 11-8-2021 I called the FedEx company to see if it had gotten lost and Fedex informed me that the sender (Gamestop) had not scheduled a pick for the item. I immediately called Gamestop and cancelled my order on 11-8-2021 only for them to tell me that the refund process had to be approved by the corporate office and the process would take 5-7 business days to process. I was Furious! Gamestop not only lied about the GUARANTEED 2 day delivery but there was never any mention about having to get a approval for a refund for products not delivered to a customer.

Be that as it may, I waited the 5-7 business days for the refund of $421.71. Now here it is 11-17-21 and no refund. I called Gamestop and demanded a full refund of my money of $421.71. The agent informed me that the original request to cancel my order and issue a full refund was never answered and he would have to request it again! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Now I have to wait another 5-7 business days for my refund of $421.71! Stay away from Gamestop! They will tell you anything to get your money and they will not deliver on the guaranteed delivery date! They only want your money. They will lie to you about the delivery date and try not to refund your money back to you. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY ANY OF YOUR MONEY. These guys sold me a double switch card code. I purchased a $70 card and when I went to redeem it. It says it's already redeemed. When I emailed them they played like they couldn't do anything so I contacted Nintendo and after a review of my account and my switch serial code it was discovered that it was a double code. Either online or in the store the employees and the company itself is a giant problem. I have not shopped Gamestop in 3 years and for some reason I tried them again and this happens.

Honestly I can't wait for Gamestop to be like Block Buster...gone. If you value your hard earned money and do not like scams then stay away from Gamestop. The company is a giant scam. We have all returned games to gamestop. They lowball and then resale for twice they paid for a game. Just an inside as well the "refurbished" consoles are just fixed with a band aid essentially. This I learned from an employee that used to work at that rob shop. I'm still battling to get my money back. They keep giving me the runaround. I guarantee after I see my lawyer tomorrow they won't give him a runaround.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I had a HORRIBLE experience with purchasing this game online. When I opened the package, a black piece of tape was coming off the corner of the box. After removing the black tape, the label said, "Return To WH, Defective." After 7 tries of loading this game, it was indeed defective! After spending 16 mins with customer service, the gentleman said AFTER I return the game, then the warehouse will send a replacement. After a confusing exchange of finding out HOW to return the defective game that was shipped as such, he said I can take it to any Gamestop with the return slip from the packaging. He said they MUST take the return. Or, I can go to Fedex. Asking the gentleman on the phone for clarification, he said I could check the instructions online. BUT I WAS CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THIS!!! The call ended with him saying that the replacement will be shipped after the warehouse gets the return.

Since there was no Fedex open, I first called the Hamilton Marketplace Gamestop in NJ. The lady said she can take the exchange and get me a replacement. I was under the impression that she could exchange it then and there. Another confusing miscommunication. As I got into the Hamilton Marketplace, NJ Gamestop, the lady serving me said I needed to pay $3 shipping. She also started saying something about me having to buy the game a second time, she doesn't control the shipping, somebody at the warehouse was lazy, etc. HUH!??? After going back and forth for several minutes in a confusing conversation on what needs to be done to get me a working game, the lady said I should call customer service. And I did call... in front of her, and her associate while on speakerphone.

This 10 minute call in front of the sale associates was also confusing. After explaining the situation again, the lady on the phone said the store must take the game back. This was after being told that I needed to take it to FedEx, though the gentleman an hour prior said any store MUST take the game back. After expressing my confusion and concern that I was NOT going to get a replacement after all this hassle, the lady on the phone then said that I had a replacement order already put in and DON'T need to even return the game. Huh?!!! I insisted that I return the game while on the line as I asked if I should video record this transaction as proof to be on the safe side. After a little back-and-forth, the customer service lady on the phone gave me a reference number. I thanked the lady on the phone and the 2 sales associated despite being incredibly inconvenienced and agitated by the whole situation. I took a photo of the game just in case.

One positive is that I did get an apology for the mistake of shipping a defective game. This was a horrible experience as we were supposed to celebrate a birthday night by playing this game as a family. The hassle has prompted me to not use Gamestop online ordering. I will be informing all online family and friends of this HORRIBLE experience.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Ordered an XBox & finally got my hands on one after months. Gamestop shipped out via Fedex, and mysteriously the unit was sent back to them for unknown reasons. Gamestop very apologetic ships out another via Fedex again, ensuring I will get my order! Fedex loses again! Gamestop then cancels my order & refunds my $. Hello...at this point, I don't want my $. I placed an order and it should be fulfilled, even if I have to be placed on a backorder status! Gamestop will not do this for XBox, PS5 etc. Why? I should not have to wait months again and wait online to beat these bots when I fairly placed an order and Gamestop & Fedex messed up not once, but twice on my order! This should be an embarrassment for Gamestop and they should do everything in their power to ensure they make it right. That is real customer service!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I bought a refurbished PS4 from GameStop for my brother's birthday. Within 2 months it stopped turning on. After a lot of pushing they finally agreed to replace the PS4 if he sent the broken one back. Within 4 months the replacement one has also broken. 2 broken consoles within 6 months is unacceptable and GameStop refused to help me saying it's outside of their 30 day window. I spent over $300 on this and expect the console to work longer than 4 months.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Hello reader! I must admit, I grew up on video games. When my dad gave me the original Nintendo for Christmas, in 198 whatever, I was a changed little ape. I lost touch with video games and my roots a few years back. I would buy a game, only to be disappointed. Then, about a year ago now, my friend Keith gave me this hot tip (intended) that I should look at the stock again, and my position as a whole as a consumer. I cannot tell you how many positive experiences I have had in GameStop since. Most of them you would not believe anyway, but the customer service is clearly top priority.

For my current income, I manage several people. For many years, I have given GME gift cards to my very younger employees. Each time that I purchased these cards, I observed gifted salesmen, and women, offer some of the most superb customer service; I often wonder how I can inject these principles into those that I lead directly. I learned quickly how to do this... Buy, Hodl, and DRS with ComputerShare. Company fundamentals, stock price? Debt? Leadership and executive staff? I challenge any reader of this review to do an independent study, (with sources) and prove me wrong. Prove the banana wrong! You just cannot.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

It sucks. They never have consoles at store. You have to order whatever you want. Never in stock and when you get a chance to order it it keeps delaying. It takes like 2-3 weeks to get there and they say it's gonna be at your house the day after the purchase. Trust me don't go. It sucksss!!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Gamestop do not practice covid-19 measures. So I purchased a pre owned system for my kids from game stop. I must say I'm truly disappointed that game stop do not have safety measures in place due to covid-19. The game console that I received was extremely dirty. There was a layer of filth on the system when I wiped it with disinfectant wipes they turn brown. I will never purchased anything from this company again. If I didn't open the package first my kids would have been subjected to such filth. Which could have created a terrible situation. I called. Customer service seems not to care so I'm completely done with this company.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Gamestop never has anything in stock, they have a fair amount of used games marked up to the point where you can buy the new game for about $4-6 more. They never have any Xbox one controllers. I've checked 4 different stores in my area - everything is either not available or out of stock. That includes the preowned stuff. You're a store that sells consoles and accessories...ever tried actually having those products in your store? Highly annoying going to your useless website to buy something and you literally have NOTHING available or in stock. It's sad calling yourself a game store and the local Walmart has a better selection Jesus smh. Trying to find my son a new xbox controller for his birthday and you have nothing available... Thank god for Amazon and 2 day shipping.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The only reason I only gave 4 stars is because I signed up to be a Power up Rewards member for 2020 and they only sent me 2 or 3 Game Informers. I thought I would receive a Game Informer magazine via mail every month during the entirety of 2020 if I signed up for the powerup card. I signed up in early 2020.

Original review: July 11, 2021

My account was hacked and my address has been changed in their system. I placed an order and entered my own address, but it reverted to the hacked address when I placed the order. I waited 50 minutes on the phone for customer service with no answer. Also someone has been stealing my points even after changing my password with no way of blocking the hacker from stealing any future points that I earn on purchases in-store.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I called on Tuesday 6/29/2021, regarding my Xbox Controller Series 1. It was starting to have stick drift and the left bumper broke. I tried going into a physical store and was advised they have none and to keep coming back to see if there is a replacement. When I went last time, the employee offered me to upgrade to the Series 2 controller for a small difference. So I called and spoke with an agent and told me that she will fill a form out and will call me back within 48 hours because they weren't able to locate my information (never heard back, shocker).

So I called and spoke with the same agent and advised of the same situation. I asked to see if I can upgrade and the agent advises no, I speak with Kyle (supervisor) and you know what he offers, if the physical store offered that, then I should go to a physical store.... GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. The replacement policy is so stupid, who is going to go to a store everyday to see if they have a controller in stock. Never buying a controller or anything from GameStop. When asking about the address of the replacement controller, Kyle the Supervisor advises that once I get a tracking number, to call GameStop so they can re-route the package to the correct address. THAT IS SO DUMB and how can your system not allow you to update the address. Horrible experience ever.

Original review: June 1, 2021

On Monday, February 15, 2021, I pre-ordered the Funko Pop Godzilla vs Kong 10" action figure ($37.72) and, shortly thereafter, I received a confirmation email thanking me for my purchase. On Sunday, May 23, 2021, I received an email stating, "To ensure you get your order on time, please review your payment and billing information with us." I reviewed the email and realized the credit card I used at the time I placed the order had expired so, on Monday, May 24, 2021, I contacted customer service to provide updated information.

The first person I spoke with redirected me to call the corporate number as he did not have access to change the payment. I immediately called the corporate number and was told she could not accept my payment information because she was working remotely from home. She placed me on hold and, after several minutes, returned to retract her original statement and take my credit card information. She assured me the order would be processed, which I should receive around May 29, 2021, and I would also receive an email confirming that my order was processed. I never received that email.

On Monday, June 1, 2021, I attempted to track my order via the GameStop website. Despite having the order confirmation number and the other required information (my name and zip code), I received an error code, "Sorry this order number or email or zip code does not match our records." I contacted customer service via their "Chat" option and "Walter" advised he could not help me and I would need to call 1-800-883-8895. I've been on hold for 1:51:08 and have yet to hear from an actual person. I have since found this item online (available for pick up next week and at $30.71) and will not be shopping at GameStop.

Original review: April 23, 2021

I have traded in games at Gamestop several times in the past without issue, however my recent experience (April 2021) was terrible. I brought 4 games in with good trade in values retrieved from their website. First the clerk told me they weren't taking those games cause they were too old. I told him I had received an offer from their website for every game which he then proceeded to scan them all. Then he told me he could take 3 of the 4 at which time I told him the one he was excluding was the one with the highest offer on their website. At that point he looked it up again, found it and added it.

When I told him I wanted the cash value instead of trade in he told me there wasn't a cash value for any of those games; again I informed him the website had cash values for all of them and suddenly he had a cash offer. The offer was less than half what the online offer was which was when I noticed he added on a 4 dollar 'defective game' fee for each disk. He claimed they were all scratched which was a complete lie all 4 disks were spotless. His answer was he could feel scratches on them with his fingernail and that you don't visually inspect the disk you must run your fingernail over them (bull).

Once he said this I remembered watching him sit there running his fingernail all over each disk. Either way this was ** because the disks were in mint condition. The other discrepancy was the offer he gave me was still 6 dollars lower than their online offer even if you subtracted all the 4 dollar fees. I ended up taking them back and will never go to Gamestop again. The way they conduct their trade in business was always a borderline ripoff, however now it's just plain robbery.

Original review: April 14, 2021

*WARNING GAMESTOP IS NOW A SCAM.* *WARNING GAMESTOP IS NOW A SCAM.* Returns are now impossible since lockdown began. I am a long time, loyal customer to Gamestop, since before my teens gamestop was where I spent my money and time. Unfortunately I will not be shopping there after all these years of dealing with the most amazing in store customer service.

The online customer service repeatedly ignored my questions, copy and pasted the replies and did not bother to read my actually requests. I attempted to return a faulty item to get repairs, I had the receipt of purchase, within warranty time and everything. I ended up after months of back and forth attempting to resolve this. In the end it did not. In store customer service was never like this. Nor did gamestop employees have so little interest in actually fixing the problem. For everyone out there that trusted GameStop because you are loyal customer and fan of the shop for years like myself, don’t be fooled. The service has changed and I will never be shopping in gamestop again. Amazon it is. So disappointing. If I could give zero stars I would.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Have contacted customer service 4 times. Was promised a refund 3 weeks ago. Called back and was promised a callback from a manager within 48 hours, which never happened. Was then promised an email within 24 hours showing refund/s would be issued, so I would have proof to dispute if they do not follow through. Called again today and was promised an email proving a credit was issued. Thus far no one has followed through with any of the promised actions.

Original review: April 8, 2021

On 3/26/21 I ordered the Nintendo Switch Monster Hunter Deluxe Edition. I received a confirmation email thanking me for my purchase. On 4/5/21 I still had not received and shipping confirmation so I called customer service who told me my order did not show up in any system and directed me to call the corporate number. I called the corporate number and was informed that my order was not processed, assured me that it was going pushed through and I would receive an email in 24 hours confirming that my order was processed. I never received that email so on 4/7/21 I called corporate again and started the process again. This time I was told that my order was canceled because of a problem with my card and I would have to place my order again with a different card which I can't because they are now sold out.

This sounded suspicious so I called my bank and found out that on 3/26/21 my bank had received the request for the total amount and approved the purchase. My bank never received another request for the same amount on 4/5 or 4/6. This tells me that GameStop canceled my order on purpose and lied to me about the "problem with my card". This is very upsetting and really makes me wonder why I would continue to spend money with a company that does this kind of thing to their customers.

Original review: March 27, 2021

Paid for standard shipping yet my order arrived 2 days earlier than was promised. I never have to wait more than a day for my order to be processed and ready to ship. The site itself is fairly easy to navigate though I do wish it had a dark mode. I've also noticed the shift away from strictly physical console games into digital games and PC parts. Very excited to see where Gamestop goes next. Overall, extremely satisfied.

Gamestop Company Information