2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.5/5 (896 ratings)

About Gamestop

Gamestop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gamestop?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Ordered three items that were said to be shipping on the 10th with a delivery by the 17th. This is what I've dealt with since then trying to find out what's going on (since USPS is still awaiting the package as of the 23rd): I have called their customer service number several times in the past week and been told different things every time. Straight-out LIED to, told I was being transferred to a supervisor and not been, or wait with the phone ringing for 20 minutes with no answer before it just hung up. I have spent HOURS holding, been told a supervisor would return my call and never did. This last time I was told I would be transferred to the escalation team only to be transferred to some x-rated phone sex number.

I have wasted hours of my time with their customer service department being transferred from person to person with no one able to help. I was told I'd have these items by the 17th, then on the 19th I was told it was shipping that day and I'd definitely have them by the 21st. When that didn't happen I called on the 21st and was told a supervisor would call by Tuesday. NEVER HAPPENED. These are Christmas presents that are obviously not going to be here by Christmas and I've been trying for a WEEK now to get someone to get this resolved so I'd get them in time (and now it's too late because not one person was honest and everyone just transferred me to someone else who couldn't help).

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I ordered 2 Nintendo Switch games of December 8th, 2020 and requested same day delivery. The items were delivered to the wrong address, I immediately called the driver who told me to check my neighbors mailbox because he didn't know where he left it. I called customer service. I was told I would receive an email within 48 to 72 hours. Never happened.

I've called back 6 times. Waited on hold for an hour each time and got the run around each time. The last item I was told to contact the store the order originated from so being desperate to resolve the issue I did. The store told me there was nothing they could do and I had to contact the courier and they had to purchase the items and then they would be sent. Insane!!!! If that wasn't enough I ordered replacements on the website because I needed them for Christmas and paid for expedited shipping and I still have not received them! So I've now paid for 4 games and received 0!! The worst customer service ever!!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Ordered a Switch online. Paid for express shipping. Didn’t come in specified time frame. They said it was still in on time?? Sent me confirmation email the total being the same with the shipping included, but in the shipping section of the email it said FREE and the total clearly adds up to the cost with shipping? Not sure if anyone else also checked after you made an order this year, no expedited shipping was an option after your first order. I went on the day after my order and express shipping wasn’t an option anymore. So Gamestop knew the game they were playing and that shipping wasn’t going to be timely.

Also how can you legally send me the total of an order and all of the math is wrong? Saying the shipping is free but then just tacking on the price of it in the total because it’s four hundred dollars anyways?? The price is listed in my initial email but then the second confirmation one you say I didn’t pay for shipping and it’s ‘free’ yet.... the cost is still the same :D I’ll be taking my business anywhere but gamestop from now on. This is clearly just another capitalistic, ** man owned, money hungry business that will do every last scheme they can to get more money and take advantages of employees and its customers.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I placed an order with GameStop on 12/11/20. I paid extra for 2 day shipping. Upon ordering my item the expected arrival date stated by GameStop was between 12/16-12/18 if I paid for 2 day shipping, so I paid for the extra 2 day shipping. I received email confirmation on 12/15/20 that stated my package would arrive by 12/18/20 but it is “Awaiting Carrier Pickup”. I called GameStop on 12/18/20 to verify that my item was coming and she confirmed that it would be arriving “today”.

Well it is now 12/19/20 and no package and status still reads “awaiting carrier pickup” but the expected arrival date has been removed. So I call GameStop customer service only to find out she is unable to track my item but it doesn’t seem to be missing so we cannot refund you but advised me to call FedEx to see what they can do. FedEx states that all requests need to be made but the shipper and cannot assist. Long story short GameStop has not shipped my item and they have no idea why it hasn’t shipped. Customer service has sent a message to the warehouse and I need to call back, seriously you should be calling me back?!?! If you can’t fulfill my order either refund my money or find out what is going on. GameStop customer service is the worst! They do not give a crap about their customers. This will be the first and the last item I order from GameStop!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM GAMESTOP ONLINE. They clearly cannot handle running a storefront and will absolutely rip you off and/or botch your order! I REPEAT, DO NOT ORDER FROM GAMESTOP ONLINE. The last straw for me was an order I put in five days ago that they shipped to an address ON THE OTHER COAST of the US. These were to be Christmas gifts for my kids delivered to my residence in Northern California. Gamestop decided I didn't know my own address and shipped to a lucky recipient of free PS4 games in Ocala, Florida. Then I had to fight a customer service rep for a refund that I'll get after Christmas, and my kids are out their gifts. Let this horrible company die and spend your money elsewhere. The greed and incompetence of Gamestop's upper management is legendary at this point.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I ordered Nintendo Switch Lite Gray on Dec. 14 Monday with paying extra for 2 day shipping. I was so excited I paid for a game and a cover/protection at a store before I ordered my Nintendo Switch Lite Gray. I have been coming to Gamestop for more than a 15 years which I had a good history. Later on Dec. 14 Monday I got my bonus $10 gift card by email with a partial shipped status. I used it the next day Dec. 15 Tuesday just fine at the store. On Dec. 16 Wednesday like 2am I get an email saying that my Nintendo Switch Lite Gray would be shipped soon. I thought they would be shipped within like 2 to 4 hours. Expected delivery of Dec. 17 Thursday.

It's Dec. 16 Wednesday 11:00pm and still the shipping status says partial shipped. Also on Dec. 15 morning is that my 1 year warranty I bought extra says it will be shipped in 24 hours. Which it's passed Dec. 16 morning 24 hours. So if I have 2 day shipping they should of shipped it on Dec. 15 Tuesday to get it to me by Dec. 17 Thursday. Well it's Dec. 16 Wednesday and they have not shipped my Nintendo Switch Lite Gray yet.

Finally, I read online all these reviews of shipping issues and customer issue! I am scared and not know what to do if I don't get my Nintendo Switch Lite Gray, wrong product, defective, or/and they steal my money!!! I give them 1 star because I got my $10 off gamestop gift online card and it worked fine. I just wish I had read all these reviews before I made my screw up mistake to order from Gamestop. I am hoping and praying I am not screwed! Now it's Dec. 17 Thursday. That is expected to be delivered to me and still have not shipped!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I have order twice from this company. Both times given a time for delivery..1st was told didn't have after buying. Back ordered on used game. 2nd pre order of new game still not here. Delay ..Excuse covid but Walmart was good on their delivery. Son pre-ordered his from them.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I ordered some games from online. They duplicated the tracking/shipping order and FedEx sent the games to the original address of that tracking number. Somebody in Guest Services called and canceled the original order. Refunded my shipping, then said he is sending the package overnight - where it sits 6 days later at the warehouse. Now they are telling me I returned the items and have to wait until they receive them. Ridiculous. Do not order for shipping. I need a new game supplier.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I have never written a review (positive or negative) about a company before, which should give you an idea of how bad this has gotten. I have had three separate significant issues with ordering online from Gamestop, and I'm done with them. The first problem was when I placed an order for five items. I immediately received a notification that the delivery would have to be split into two packages, which I understand. No problem. A couple of days later, four of the items arrive without issue; the following day, I get a package with the exact same four items. I called customer support, and they told me to keep the duplicate package free of charge, but they then cancelled the fifth item without telling me.

Issue two: I have accumulated over 15,000 power up rewards points ($15 worth); for almost two weeks I tried redeeming them online with no luck. I finally called customer support, and they told me there was a technical issue with my account (when I asked what it was, they had no idea) and that I would have to open a new account with a new email and that my points would be transferred over within a few hours. I've been in contact with customer support almost every day since then, as the points were never transferred, and I literally get the same set of verbatim responses about how the previous tech made a mistake and that they've notified their supervisor and how they take customer complaints seriously. The last response I received from them on that issue was yesterday, in which they told me I'd have to wait at least seven more days for the issue to clear up.

Most recently, I tried placing an order to get a couple of early Christmas gifts for my family. My address on file is a PO Box, which hasn't been too much of an issue in the past as GameStop always sent my items through UPS. However, this time they chose for some reason to use FedEx... which doesn't deliver to post offices.

I called FedEx, who were baffled by GameStop's stupidity, where I was told that all that needed to be done was for someone at GameStop to lift a restriction they had placed on the order and request it be rerouted. The rep at GameStop refused to do so. Instead, he told me that FedEx would most likely return the package, at which time I would have to wait 7 days to receive an issue. However, since I paid for most of the order with a gift card which I no longer have, they won't be able to return my money. I full well realize I should have stopped after the first screw up, and DEFINITELY should have stopped after the second, but I'm now out over $100 that I have a very strong feeling I'll never see again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

3 weeks after getting the wrong order, and 45 minutes of hold music today to find out I wil get a refund instead of the replacement I've been expecting, in about 3 or 4 days. I would have happily recorded when the mistake was made, but it took 3 weeks to decide to give me a refund instead?

Gamestop Company Information