3.94/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Abt

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 19, 2017

57 Abt Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have no complaints about the sales agents or prices. 9 days after my order, I hadn't heard anything about my appliances' delivery so I called Abt and discovered the range had been discontinued, but no one had notified me. The agent nicely threw in a little freebie to the order to make them look good. A couple of days later I called in to make sure the right phone number was in the record (we'd dropped our landline) and was told that my appliances were in the nearby city.

I should be hearing from them anytime to schedule the delivery. But 5 days later I'd heard nothing. Abt uses Custom Global air freight and Custom Global contracts with locals to deliver. But their local partner didn't deliver to our area, so the appliances just sat on their dock until I called and raised a ruckus. Terrible order fulfillment and delivery experiences.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Order a Denon AVR-X2300W and am pleased on the super quick shipping. Will definitely buy again... Hopefully I will not have any issues but by reading the reviews they are very quick to make you a happy customer. I would definitely recommend them to all my friends via social media.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 25, 2017

I cannot believe this 65 inch tv can be so bad!! I am retired and watch TV several hours a day, and this pc of crap is killing me. Have to keep blinds closed to even see a picture. Abt was given a good review by CR, I will be getting. With them next. Paid a guy way too much to install, outside speakers, etc. Now I have to go buy another TV so I will not get depressed watching this thing!

Original review: July 17, 2017

Purchased all new kitchen appliances and a new washer and dryer. Sales person screwed up the order, deleting the micro from the appliance package we purchased and put the wrong washing machine on the order. (Delivery day came and they didn't have the micro and wrong washer). Had to take more time off work to wait for the correct appliances. Then the freezer didn't work, the fridge hasn't stopped running for 7 days. Took a day off work for the Service tech sent out only to find out they are installation guys and didn't have a clue what they were doing! Now taking another day off work for a certified service tech to come out and fix the problem that was supposed to be taken care of today because they sent out delivery guys instead of a repair guy!!! BEYOND FRUSTRATED.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Greatest customer service I have experienced anywhere in such a long time! Thought we would be shopping for hours and because of the knowledge and expertise of Zach we were in and out with a new dishwasher in less than a half hour.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

Original review: July 16, 2017

Checked several sellers before ordering this dehumidifier from Abt in Glenview IL. They are an old company (since 1936) and offered free shipping and a competitive price. Ordering from their websites was simple and their responses and shipping notification were prompt and informative. The dehumidifier arrived by UPS Ground undamaged and on the date they advised. Because of several hundred negative reviews of the Frigidaire model FFAD7033R1 online for poor reliability and failure after only 1 year or less, I purchased the 3 year protection plan from Abt. All the different brands and models of dehumidifiers with reviews online also had terrible reliability, most being manufactured by the same company in China however the FFAD7033R1 was rated best by Consumer Reports magazine.

Reliability of the dehumidifier is outside the control of the seller, Abt so this 5-star rating is for their performance during sales and delivery. I will submit a later review specifically for the reliability and performance of the machine itself depending on proven reliability and performance over time. After only 5 days' use, it gets 5 stars because of initial quality, design and performance as received.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I ordered a Canon SX60 HS camera on the 4th of July. Since it was a holiday, I expected that it may take a week or longer to arrive. Well, 3 days later it was on my doorstep! A week later I noticed that Amazon had a lower price, so I called Abt to see if they price match. One of my sons always does this with his Discover card, so I thought I would give it a shot. Within a few hours, I received a receipt via e-mail for the $20 credit. Exceptional selection of products and wonderful customer service!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have heard of this company for several years, and the high consumer ratings they have received. This the first opportunity that I have had to purchase an item from them. I have agree that they are very fast and efficient in handling orders. I will certainly refer to them in future purchases.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Abt has given us wonderful customer service on three separate purchases in the last three years. Recently I ordered a microwave and received it less than 24 hours later. After about two weeks the microwave turntable developed a problem. Abt was very quick to provide a replacement. The new microwave seems to be fine and we are very relieved with the ease of the exchange.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I ordered a new release Nikon camera and lens (lens was a preorder). Camera was in stock so assumed it would be shipped first. Checked my email from ABT and camera for some reason wouldn't be shipped for a few weeks (even though in stock) and lens was 7-14 days. I needed that camera for a vacation to Glacier National Park July 22! I placed a call to customer service, and a helpful woman (don't remember her name) split the order and camera was shipped right away! Delivered in 2 days, and just received the lens on Wed. I am very pleased, with their customer service department for fixing the order. Well done!

Original review: July 6, 2017

The oven in my 8 year Amana range would no longer heat up. I reached out to Abt and purchased the igniter thinking this would help. When I called the service dept they connected me to the parts dept. I had to provide them with the model and serial number and they were able obtain the part in like 2-3 days. They didn't pressure me to pay for a service call or buy a new unit. The staff was very friendly and gave only what I needed. My brother is mechanically incline and was able to swap out the part.

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. The oven didn't work. I had to buy a new stove. I called back to Abt and ended up working with Jeanette in sales and she was wonderful. I informed her of what happened and explained that I needed a new stove. Again, she was very helpful didn't push me to get more than I needed. I was very indecisive and overwhelmed by the different styles and choices. She was very patient, and answered the million questions I had. She was able to accommodate my delivery date and I love my new stove. My refrigerator is starting to go out and I will be back to Abt when it goes out. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and friendly, I won't think about shopping elsewhere.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Great customer focused service! Outstanding turnaround times even on special order items! I've placed several online orders with them recently and they always keep the customer informed of the order status. Great job all the way around!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I purchased some professional sound recording equipment from Abt recently. I found what I needed relatively quickly, they had name brands that I trusted, the checkout was as smooth as one would expect, and the items arrived in good shape as ordered quickly. Can't ask for more than that!

Original review: July 2, 2017

The website was easy to find the product I was looking for (stove kitchen). Had some questions so clicked on the Chat icon. Got my answers right away. No waiting and easy to understand what it needed to know.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I bought a propane gas grill from Walmart & the hose leaks gas when turned on. I finally found a gas grill hose that I hope will work from Abt Electronics. I tried other stores & online. Just hope this hose works.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have to say that shopping with ABT is SO refreshing in that they honor what they say and even if your particular salesperson is away it is still honored. The LG was a great deal with even BETTER warranty to boot. Shipment was incredibly fast and it was just ground shipping. Overall they were willing to help to the best of their ability and I really appreciate that. I will continue to shop at ABT just because I know they are straightforward in their business practices. They just are impeccable!!!

Original review: June 28, 2017

The sales representative was knowledgeable, helpful and polite. He was the first to ever tell me one of the products was priced above what I should pay. Delivery was on time and I was given ample notice when it could be expected. The installers were friendly and did what was required.

Original review: June 22, 2017

We needs a notebook computer with Chrome Books for school. I went on the website, picked out the one I wanted (on sale), paid, and set it up so that my son could pick it up. Couldn't have been easier, and we're very happy with the product.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Was very pleased with the service I received. This was the first time I did business with this company, but everything was great. The factory was behind in shipments and ABT called to see if I wanted something else, but I was content to wait the few extra days so that I could get the range I wanted.

Original review: June 22, 2017

ABT online store shopping experience was great. Salesman were helpful, and when delivery time was set they were great with the communications. And the delivery service was wonderful by JB Hunt. Overall a wonderful place to do business with. Thanks for a great experience and wonderful Maytag refrigerator product!!

Original review: June 21, 2017

Washing machine - From ordering online, to scheduling delivery/installation, everything went like clockwork. The delivery/removal of old unit, and installation went without a hitch. This is the 3rd large item installed by Abt, and the previous 2 experiences were great as well. Wouldn't use anyone else.

Original review: June 19, 2017

My recent purchase of a new Apple iMac computer was easy, smooth and prompt. The order was shipped the very next day and in addition, it was the most current model available from any site I reviewed. Their price was fair and the offer of extended payments was also a plus!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had several quotes from air conditioning vendors and ABT had the best priced options for me. Their salesman was very knowledgeable and gave me several options and price ranges to pick from. I made my decision and the price was at least $800.00 less than other quotes from other vendors. The installation was done quickly and the techs were very professional. I would highly recommend ABT!

Original review: April 22, 2017

I bought a Mac mini 2014 last month from ABT and learned I would have saved $190 for the same item direct from Apple. I returned it and it took almost a month to get my refund. I also was on there today looking for a nest wired Smoke CO detector and Amazon has them New from $79- $107. Smarthome Has them for $99. ABT price is $119.99. I reached out to customer care with ABT and was told that can only Price match the Amazon $107 price. I will just leave it at that.

Original review: April 20, 2017

So ABT was scheduled to come out and replace a new dented refrigerator door which they completed on 4-17-2017. I made the appointment on 4-7-2017. I received calls on 4-14-2017, 4-17-2017, 4-18-2017 and 4-19-2017 to get an appointment to install the door. Each time I had to contact them back, waited on hold to find out it was the same job. Four employees could not fix the issue. Prior to this issue, we had a dishwasher installed, and three weeks later with no dishes on the bottom rack, the rack would roll out when you opened the door. We had a microwave hood combination installed where they needed to drill through 18" of brick to vent it outside. Within 2 weeks, the microwave was sagging. Even their service man said it was not installed correctly.

We also had double ovens installed. They had to be serviced twice in the first year. We bought a refrigerator and the cabinet above it needed to be reduced in size. They brought the cabinet back with cut marks across the front cabinet doors and the stain was the wrong color so it did not match the kitchen. We bought all KitchenAid appliances. I think this is the most incompetent organization. It is very sad and their follow up is the worst I have ever experienced.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Purchased a bed from Abt. The sales rep misinformed me and gave me bad info. I was told no interest for one year, did not tell me what interest rate was AFTER one year and that I had to deal with their crummy bad bank synchrony bank. They STINK. Customer service is TERRIBLE and my 737 payment I thought I had has ballooned to around 1200 so far BAD DEAL they even screwed up my account but finally got it straightened but still owe money. This bank charges THE ABSOLUTELY highest interest rate of any store bar none. Only worst bank than them is MT BANK in Michigan. Both are bad banks. I LIKE ABT BUT IF I BUY THERE AGAIN I WILL PAY CASH OR USED MY CREDIT CARD. UGH!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

This is my first purchase from Abt and it was a very pleasant experience. They called me the morning of the delivery like they said they would, gave me the arrival time and called 30 minutes before arrival which was on time. The gentleman who installed the dishwasher was very pleasant and efficient. I would recommend doing business with Abt.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

Ordered a TV from them for Christmas. Once opened, the screen was shattered. I returned it via UPS. UPS confirmed the damaged and sent it to ABT. ABT denied the refund and kept the TV. They have the TV and my money, I have nothing but regrets.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I had a great experience purchasing my Speed Queen washer and dryer. HOWEVER, BEWARE that even though there is a warranty as part of the appliance, all the repair places in my city will NOT service something that was not purchased at their store. Most stores will match pricing so I made a big mistake by not buying local. Now I have a $200+ service bill 9 months after purchasing!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

In late December of 2016 I ordered an Echo Dot from ABT Electronics and paid for overnight shipping. The item did not ship overnight. When I called to see when it would be delivered they said it did not ship out until the day after I ordered it and that it would be there on Friday, December 23rd. When I ordered the Echo Dot I explained that it needed to be shipped overnight because I was leaving to go out of town on the 23rd. I was willing to change the delivery address so that it would be shipped to the address where I would be on the 23rd. They told me this would not be necessary since I was paying for overnight shipping.

While talking to them on the 22nd and finding out that it did not ship I had to cancel my order and find another Echo Dot. They told me that I would be reimbursed for the overnight shipping and that the item would be cancelled and credited to my account. The item was cancelled and credited to my account but the shipping was not. Shipping error caused the problem so shipping should have been the first thing to be credited.

Abt Company Information