3.31/5
  • 1 star
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Abt

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

63 Abt Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We are going on our 5th day of dealing with Abt and it has been an AWFUL experience. We purchased a Fisher & Paykel cooktop from Abt. During installation they cracked our 2" Granite countertop in three places AND the cooktop they installed was broken and leaking gas. When we called Abt to tell them about the issues they said they could send someone out in a couple of days. Not only was there a gas leak, but they damaged our counters and didn't even provide a working cooktop.

We are going on our 5th visit from Abt, 2nd visit-senior tech sent to ensure the stove was actually leaking gas, 3rd visit-tech to take away the broken cooktop, 4th visit -granite guys sent to fix the granite which will never be the same and the damage can be seen-the guys that fixed the granite were great but it’s broken granite so will never be perfect again, and 5th visit they delivered a new stove...and it is DAMAGED. They have done nothing to compensate us for our time or the permanent damage to our countertops or the inconvenience of taking FIVE days off work. This is the worst experience I have ever had.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I purchased a 55" Sony TV through ABT because it was the best deal I could find on Cyber Monday. No tax and no shipping cost. Beat Amazon because they were not charging me the 8% tax. The TV stopped working after an hour (not ABT's fault) and Sony wanted to send me a new power adapter but I knew it was not the power adapter because I tested it and it was fine. Called ABT and they shipped a new replacement TV the next business day and arranged for pickup of the broken one with the delivery at no cost. Excellent people, price and service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I bought a pair of speakers through Amazon. They sold the pair and Amazon was to fulfill the order. This was for a PAIR of speakers for $499. I checked the tracking and noticed they only sent one speaker, while in transit. I called them and they said the description was wrong (they blamed Amazon) and they will call UPS and have the one speaker returned to them. It was their mistake on the website, I saw it and wanted to purchase the PAIR. Needless to say after I called Abt, they deleted their part of the fulfillment to look like they weren't there. EXTREMELY DECEITFUL!! Just because they messed up on the price, they should honor it! If you found something in a store that was marked wrong, the store always honors the price. Too bad Abt does not care for customers. All they care about is the sale and how much profit they can put in their pockets. NEVER AGAIN will I deal with these clowns. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I had one the worst ever experiences shopping with them!!! They took 2 months to deliver my items, then we found out that they were missing a fridge!!! I called them asking for urgent replacement and they asked me to wait 2 to 3 weeks because they could not contact me...

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I had not ordered from them in quite some time everything seemed fine until it came time to track down the delivery (which brought back the memory of why I had not ordered in so long). I was told a date of 11/30 when I first checked in online with pilot tracking I could see there was a problem. The TV was coming from IL to NY but it indicated it had departed from IL and arrived in NY but then showed it was back in IL. I called and was told that the information online was wrong but I would still get it on 11/30.

I had to call again when nothing was delivered on 11/30. I was then told they had to look and get back to me they did and said now it would be Monday 12/4. I called on 12/1 to confirm since no change had been made to the online status. I was confronted for calling again by the person in customer service at ABT she made as if it were fun to make multiple phone calls for a single delivery. I apologized and said goodbye. Not worth the hassle back to Amazon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I scheduled service on my clothes dryer. The morning of service the tech called and asked the brand and type of clothes dryer so that he could put parts in his truck. I said I did not know but I would call home and find out the brand and type of dryer. I then asked if he would call back? He said yes. He never called back. He came to my house at the end of the day in a big big rush and spent 5 minutes (only putting his hand on top of the dryer) and determined that my vent needed cleaning. I said, "Great. Do you have a ladder" and he said, "Oh that's another department". I don't understand this, I called service (which turned out to be $166 dollars for a 5 minute call) for a simple fix but he doesn't clean the vent? Abt needs to call in a specialist to clean the vent? Is vent cleaning brain surgery? I asked if the call applies to vent cleaning and tech said that it did not.

The morning of service he called to say that he was going to put parts for my dryer on the truck but after saying that he'd call back he didn't take 60 seconds to call back. This leads me to believe that I was set up for a second call long before the tech arrived. The vent cleaning is $189 and so I called to complain. They gave me a $33 credit. This token gesture isn't good enough. Maybe Abt is forgetting that half the reason people shop at Abt is service. If I am buying at Abt solely for price then I better shop around a whole lot more. I am feeling that Abt has such a good business that they are not worried about individual customer complaints. Additionally the tech was in such a rush when he called in the morning and such a rush when he came for service in the afternoon. It was almost rude.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I have no complaints about the sales agents or prices. 9 days after my order, I hadn't heard anything about my appliances' delivery so I called Abt and discovered the range had been discontinued, but no one had notified me. The agent nicely threw in a little freebie to the order to make them look good. A couple of days later I called in to make sure the right phone number was in the record (we'd dropped our landline) and was told that my appliances were in the nearby city.

I should be hearing from them anytime to schedule the delivery. But 5 days later I'd heard nothing. Abt uses Custom Global air freight and Custom Global contracts with locals to deliver. But their local partner didn't deliver to our area, so the appliances just sat on their dock until I called and raised a ruckus. Terrible order fulfillment and delivery experiences.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Order a Denon AVR-X2300W and am pleased on the super quick shipping. Will definitely buy again... Hopefully I will not have any issues but by reading the reviews they are very quick to make you a happy customer. I would definitely recommend them to all my friends via social media.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I cannot believe this 65 inch tv can be so bad!! I am retired and watch TV several hours a day, and this pc of crap is killing me. Have to keep blinds closed to even see a picture. Abt was given a good review by CR, I will be getting. With them next. Paid a guy way too much to install, outside speakers, etc. Now I have to go buy another TV so I will not get depressed watching this thing!

Original review: July 17, 2017

Purchased all new kitchen appliances and a new washer and dryer. Sales person screwed up the order, deleting the micro from the appliance package we purchased and put the wrong washing machine on the order. (Delivery day came and they didn't have the micro and wrong washer). Had to take more time off work to wait for the correct appliances. Then the freezer didn't work, the fridge hasn't stopped running for 7 days. Took a day off work for the Service tech sent out only to find out they are installation guys and didn't have a clue what they were doing! Now taking another day off work for a certified service tech to come out and fix the problem that was supposed to be taken care of today because they sent out delivery guys instead of a repair guy!!! BEYOND FRUSTRATED.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Greatest customer service I have experienced anywhere in such a long time! Thought we would be shopping for hours and because of the knowledge and expertise of Zach we were in and out with a new dishwasher in less than a half hour.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Checked several sellers before ordering this dehumidifier from Abt in Glenview IL. They are an old company (since 1936) and offered free shipping and a competitive price. Ordering from their websites was simple and their responses and shipping notification were prompt and informative. The dehumidifier arrived by UPS Ground undamaged and on the date they advised. Because of several hundred negative reviews of the Frigidaire model FFAD7033R1 online for poor reliability and failure after only 1 year or less, I purchased the 3 year protection plan from Abt. All the different brands and models of dehumidifiers with reviews online also had terrible reliability, most being manufactured by the same company in China however the FFAD7033R1 was rated best by Consumer Reports magazine.

Reliability of the dehumidifier is outside the control of the seller, Abt so this 5-star rating is for their performance during sales and delivery. I will submit a later review specifically for the reliability and performance of the machine itself depending on proven reliability and performance over time. After only 5 days' use, it gets 5 stars because of initial quality, design and performance as received.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I ordered a Canon SX60 HS camera on the 4th of July. Since it was a holiday, I expected that it may take a week or longer to arrive. Well, 3 days later it was on my doorstep! A week later I noticed that Amazon had a lower price, so I called Abt to see if they price match. One of my sons always does this with his Discover card, so I thought I would give it a shot. Within a few hours, I received a receipt via e-mail for the $20 credit. Exceptional selection of products and wonderful customer service!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have heard of this company for several years, and the high consumer ratings they have received. This the first opportunity that I have had to purchase an item from them. I have agree that they are very fast and efficient in handling orders. I will certainly refer to them in future purchases.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Abt has given us wonderful customer service on three separate purchases in the last three years. Recently I ordered a microwave and received it less than 24 hours later. After about two weeks the microwave turntable developed a problem. Abt was very quick to provide a replacement. The new microwave seems to be fine and we are very relieved with the ease of the exchange.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I ordered a new release Nikon camera and lens (lens was a preorder). Camera was in stock so assumed it would be shipped first. Checked my email from ABT and camera for some reason wouldn't be shipped for a few weeks (even though in stock) and lens was 7-14 days. I needed that camera for a vacation to Glacier National Park July 22! I placed a call to customer service, and a helpful woman (don't remember her name) split the order and camera was shipped right away! Delivered in 2 days, and just received the lens on Wed. I am very pleased, with their customer service department for fixing the order. Well done!

Original review: July 6, 2017

The oven in my 8 year Amana range would no longer heat up. I reached out to Abt and purchased the igniter thinking this would help. When I called the service dept they connected me to the parts dept. I had to provide them with the model and serial number and they were able obtain the part in like 2-3 days. They didn't pressure me to pay for a service call or buy a new unit. The staff was very friendly and gave only what I needed. My brother is mechanically incline and was able to swap out the part.

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. The oven didn't work. I had to buy a new stove. I called back to Abt and ended up working with Jeanette in sales and she was wonderful. I informed her of what happened and explained that I needed a new stove. Again, she was very helpful didn't push me to get more than I needed. I was very indecisive and overwhelmed by the different styles and choices. She was very patient, and answered the million questions I had. She was able to accommodate my delivery date and I love my new stove. My refrigerator is starting to go out and I will be back to Abt when it goes out. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and friendly, I won't think about shopping elsewhere.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Great customer focused service! Outstanding turnaround times even on special order items! I've placed several online orders with them recently and they always keep the customer informed of the order status. Great job all the way around!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I purchased some professional sound recording equipment from Abt recently. I found what I needed relatively quickly, they had name brands that I trusted, the checkout was as smooth as one would expect, and the items arrived in good shape as ordered quickly. Can't ask for more than that!

Original review: July 2, 2017

The website was easy to find the product I was looking for (stove kitchen). Had some questions so clicked on the Chat icon. Got my answers right away. No waiting and easy to understand what it needed to know.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I bought a propane gas grill from Walmart & the hose leaks gas when turned on. I finally found a gas grill hose that I hope will work from Abt Electronics. I tried other stores & online. Just hope this hose works.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have to say that shopping with ABT is SO refreshing in that they honor what they say and even if your particular salesperson is away it is still honored. The LG was a great deal with even BETTER warranty to boot. Shipment was incredibly fast and it was just ground shipping. Overall they were willing to help to the best of their ability and I really appreciate that. I will continue to shop at ABT just because I know they are straightforward in their business practices. They just are impeccable!!!

Original review: June 28, 2017

The sales representative was knowledgeable, helpful and polite. He was the first to ever tell me one of the products was priced above what I should pay. Delivery was on time and I was given ample notice when it could be expected. The installers were friendly and did what was required.

Original review: June 22, 2017

We needs a notebook computer with Chrome Books for school. I went on the website, picked out the one I wanted (on sale), paid, and set it up so that my son could pick it up. Couldn't have been easier, and we're very happy with the product.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Was very pleased with the service I received. This was the first time I did business with this company, but everything was great. The factory was behind in shipments and ABT called to see if I wanted something else, but I was content to wait the few extra days so that I could get the range I wanted.

Original review: June 22, 2017

ABT online store shopping experience was great. Salesman were helpful, and when delivery time was set they were great with the communications. And the delivery service was wonderful by JB Hunt. Overall a wonderful place to do business with. Thanks for a great experience and wonderful Maytag refrigerator product!!

Original review: June 21, 2017

Washing machine - From ordering online, to scheduling delivery/installation, everything went like clockwork. The delivery/removal of old unit, and installation went without a hitch. This is the 3rd large item installed by Abt, and the previous 2 experiences were great as well. Wouldn't use anyone else.

Original review: June 19, 2017

My recent purchase of a new Apple iMac computer was easy, smooth and prompt. The order was shipped the very next day and in addition, it was the most current model available from any site I reviewed. Their price was fair and the offer of extended payments was also a plus!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I had several quotes from air conditioning vendors and ABT had the best priced options for me. Their salesman was very knowledgeable and gave me several options and price ranges to pick from. I made my decision and the price was at least $800.00 less than other quotes from other vendors. The installation was done quickly and the techs were very professional. I would highly recommend ABT!

Original review: April 22, 2017

I bought a Mac mini 2014 last month from ABT and learned I would have saved $190 for the same item direct from Apple. I returned it and it took almost a month to get my refund. I also was on there today looking for a nest wired Smoke CO detector and Amazon has them New from $79- $107. Smarthome Has them for $99. ABT price is $119.99. I reached out to customer care with ABT and was told that can only Price match the Amazon $107 price. I will just leave it at that.

Abt Company Information

Formerly Named:
ABT Electronics
www.abt.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use