3.8/5 (245 ratings)

About Abt

Abt Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

It's hard to put into words how satisfied we always are with both the product and the delivery process provided by Abt. From the initial sales call, to the set up of delivery, to the final delivery - the quality of the people at every level is always exemplary. We had a small issue with a leak that we noticed the next day, and someone from Abt was out within the hour to identify the problem and to fix it. They told us they would not leave until our problem was solved. Amazing! You all do such a wonderful job. Thank you!

Abt response

Hi Ann! Thank you for the kind words, We appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Very happy with ABT and their employees. Very professional, on time, cleans up after themselves, and answers all our questions. Purchased many items from ABT because of their service and prices. Their sales staff knows their products and are always very helpful.

Abt response

Hi James, Thank you and we appreciate your business!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I was very happy with the customer service we received from Abt. When I chose the cooktop we purchased, they provided info on shipping time etc. with UPS right away. I knew I couldn't be home to sign for it at the scheduled time so I contacted customer service via the chat feature they offer. Within minutes someone contacted me by email and then by phone to try to arrange a different shipping time with UPS.

It was rescheduled for the time I asked by the next day. Then UPS dropped the ball and didn't deliver it as promised, Again Abt went to bat and made sure it was delivered the next day. They went the extra mile for us and were really fast and thorough in their customer service as well as delivery of the product. It was in great shape when it arrived. At a time in our lives when so many appliance products are scarce, they had a lot of product availability. When I checked Lowe's & Home Depot their appliances were not available for 6 months! Abt had it within 2 days. Very satisfied!!

Abt response

Hi Terri, We appreciate the business! If there is anything else we can help with please feel free to give us a call. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The delivery process was smooth and seamless. I received a text message in the morning stating who the driver was, and the truck number. They gave a two hour window of when they would show up. I received another text message about a half hour before their arrival. They arrived within a minute or two of one time they said they would. Both of the delivery people were wearing masks and booties. They made sure they kept my house clean, and picked up all the garbage before they left. They clearly explained the instructions of the items I had purchased. Before they left, they made sure that I was very satisfied with the items, and with their installation work as well. I am very happy with the purchases I made, and I am equally happy with the quality and timeliness of Abt’s delivery service.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Delivery was, as usual, on time, while delivery drivers exceeded my expectations (patient, helpful, - moved a couple pieces for me even helping me bring in a chair from another vendor and helping put on back of chair). I am, however, not happy with Flexsteel as this is my second piece that has damage or imperfections (leather has 4-6 inch area on seat which has glossy/shiny or blotchy spot as if something was spilled on it - feels slippery instead of smooth, different from the rest of leather)… Drivers took a picture of it and I sent it to my sales person who I’m sure will respond to me when she can, to address problem/concern. I did exchange the first sofa, return the other for squeaky noises and stitching imperfections, etc. and I remain happy with the return policy @ ABT but I’m not very confident in flexsteel. I’m assuming it’s them who is not doing a thorough quality check on their furniture before sending to retailers/ABT.

Abt response

Hi Tim, I am sorry to hear about the imperfection on your sofa. I will make sure your salesperson reaches out to you to rectify this. If there is anything I can help with please reach out at 847-544-2836. Thank you Dan Obradovic General Manager

Original review: May 9, 2022

We had a mini split installed April of 2021. ABT Electronics, Glenview, IL came out multiple times because the refrigerant leaked out due to a problems with the installation. During one of their visits the outside unit metal housing was scratched severely and screws missing so that had to be replaced. The fan guard still rattles today. After the job was completed I noticed a rafter that was cut in my attic they never asked me about and a glass shelf was broken that was stored in our attic they didn’t mention. The unit has never worked well and the first hot day May 2022 just hot air unit not working at all. We call ABT. Sorry it’s out of warranty by one month. $85 to come out plus parts and labor. Do not use them for your project. You will be sorry.

Abt response

We are sorry the split system is having issues. Our HVAC manager has reached out to help resolve this. A technician is coming out at no charge on 5/12.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I wish I could them ZERO! I returned their defective microwave and store signed for it, (UPS have confirmation), now Monica and Kal claiming they never received it. It's been over 3 months and they still refusing to issue refund and they both being extremely rude on the phone. Monica yelled and hung up the phone on me on multiple occasions, which is not acceptable. Kal is a shame of this company, claimed to be a gen manager. He acknowledged he received the item but still won't issue refund and stated "it's your problem!". This company needs to FIRED these people and don't let them harass customers anymore!

Abt response

Andriy, Your microwave was received on 3/16/2022 and refunded the same day. It is our policy that we do not issue a refund until we receive the product.

Resolution response: Feb. 9, 2022

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Purchased a dishwasher 23 months ago, motherboard is no longer working. Called and spoke with “senior” sales manager to help resolve as Abt should stand behind products they are selling. Long time customer, spent thousands of dollars at this store. Senior sales manager was rude and disrespectful; demonstrated no interest in working to resolve this matter. Abt seems to not care about keeping returning customers like in the past based on communication from this manager. Manager informed me that this was between me and manufacturers. Understood, I was looking for fairness in a bad sale. Will no longer be a customer of Abt, I will go up the street to a big box store to be treated the same, or better.

Hi Bridgette, Appreciate the updated review. Thank you

"I was able to resolve this issue successfully with Dan O. Dan was very professional and worked hard to resolve my issue. I will remain a customer of Abt due to the experience I had with Dan O and the service he provided. This is what I always thought Abt to be. Thank you Dan for making this right, and doing the right thing."

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

My initial experience was amazing. I called to confirm the refrigerator I wanted was actually in stock, as I was unable to find it anywhere else. The sales rep was friendly and helpful. He placed the order and I had my refrigerator delivered quickly. But after unpacking it, I found significant dents on the exterior walls. This would have been workable for a discount but I also found the inside walls were bowed and I could only place the shelves at the highest and lowest positions. I called and requested a return. This seemed to go ok, and eventually the fridge was picked up but now 2 weeks later I have no refund and the agent is no longer replying to my emails. They have my money and the returned fridge. I understand it is the holiday season, but I would like some confidence my credit card will be refunded, so far I'm not.

Abt response

Hi Michele. I am sorry for the damaged unit you received. I would be happy to look into your order and make sure we process that refund for you ASAP. Please call me at 847-544-2836. Thank you Dan O, General Manager

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

My brand new oven needed a new part and they had to schedule me a month out because they only come out to Indiana on Tuesdays and Saturdays. They scheduled for the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, which I was hosting 13 people, and I took the day off, then they canceled on me that late morning stating the repair man had a "personal issue". Now, the Tuesday before Christmas, after I moved around appointments to be here all day, they have canceled on me again. I'm now going on three months without my brand new Thermador oven working properly. I've heard all about their "5-star" customer service, but I think canceling twice, days before a major holiday, is disgraceful and there is really no excuse for it. I will never buy anything from Abt again.

Abt response

Hi Anne, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. Please give me a call direct at 847-544-2836 I would like to help resolve this for you.

Abt Company Information