3.8/5 (247 ratings)

About Abt

Abt Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

ABT has the BEST delivery people! Always nice, polite, and so efficient. And, as an immunocompromised person, I appreciate them wearing their masks AND wearing them the right way. My family has been buying from ABT for over FORTY years, and we are always satisfied!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

It's hard to put into words how satisfied we always are with both the product and the delivery process provided by Abt. From the initial sales call, to the set up of delivery, to the final delivery - the quality of the people at every level is always exemplary. We had a small issue with a leak that we noticed the next day, and someone from Abt was out within the hour to identify the problem and to fix it. They told us they would not leave until our problem was solved. Amazing! You all do such a wonderful job. Thank you!

Abt response

Hi Ann! Thank you for the kind words, We appreciate your business!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

They did a great job. On time, prepared, quick. Abt is the gold standard in appliance and electronics. I have used them in business and personal use. They always have treated me fairly and with total professionalism.

Abt response

Hi Jim, Thank you for the kind review! We appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Very happy with ABT and their employees. Very professional, on time, cleans up after themselves, and answers all our questions. Purchased many items from ABT because of their service and prices. Their sales staff knows their products and are always very helpful.

Abt response

Hi James, Thank you and we appreciate your business!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

My refrigerator died and I needed something that fit an odd space very quickly. The delivery people were fast, personable, and thorough. Coupled with their amazing sales staff, the experience was perfect. I'll be sure to return and recommend you to everyone.

Abt response

Hi Robert, Thank you for the review!

Original review: July 2, 2022

I've been a long time customer and have bought multiple appliances from ABT but this has been the worst customer service experience I've ever had with any company. I called ABT to get my central AC fixed 3 times already within the same month during 90° weather. The first time they said that the freon was leaking and I paid for the freon and diagnostic.

About 2 weeks later the AC isn't blowing cool air anymore and I come in to the store to speak with the home comfort section and they tell me that because my furnace was purchased from ABT that to get the AC serviced there would be no charge. I'm told to go to services and they say that's incorrect and I have to pay. Confused, I go back to home comfort and they tell me to go back to services and tell them they said that I'm covered under warranty. Not sure why their department didn't just speak with them themselves just to clear the confusion.

At this point I'm confused and there seems to be a disconnect from the two departments, but services tells me a warranty was never put on the furnace and they schedule a tech to come fix it again. When the tech comes he says he needs to order a part to fix it. I never get a call and neither do they tell me when they'll come back with the part to fix the AC. I have contractors working at our house who cannot work because the AC is not working in turn delaying us from moving into the house. We've had our newly refinished hardwood floors ruined because they're not able to dry properly due the humidity and no airflow which I have to pay for again because they need to be refinished.

I call ABT and they tell me the part already came in, but no one contacted me to schedule a servicing appointment. I make an appointment and they come back for a 3rd time. The AC is working for another week before it's blowing warm air again. I check the AC unit and the line to freon has been cut and taped over and all the freon has leaked out. I called ABT again to get it fixed for the 4th time and they tell me I have to pay because we didn't buy the AC unit from them.

I'm getting the run around and I'm frustrated that the AC hasn't been fixed and someone has purposely cut the line. Whenever I speak with services or HVAC I'm given attitude and no one seems to be interested in helping at all, when all I want is the AC to work so I can move into my house and be given an explanation of my warranty because I'm getting different answers from multiple people. I've never been spoken to so rudely from staff before from just trying to get help.

Abt response

Hi Arianne, It is our understanding our HVAC manager Dan Raysby has already reached out and resolved this for you. If there is any other issues please contact him direct at 847-544-2301. We appreciate your business

Original review: June 7, 2022

I have run out ideas on how to get a response from Abt regarding our situation so here goes. We bought our kitchen appliances from Abt two years ago. This January we began to have issues with our refrigerator. We were recommended to purchase extended Abt warranty support especially for our fridge so we did. We were thankful we did back then so we called for support and had our first technician come in Feb. Unfortunately still to this day the issue is not fixed. We are now on our 5th tech visit, each time either the wrong part was ordered or the part did not fix the issue or one time the tech arrived but didn't bring the part at all. Each time a new part has to be ordered then a new appt scheduled which delays another month. I have been patient, understanding and respectful.

I finally called support to ask for a new plan here since the issue is not fixed after 5 months. I called last Thursday was escalated twice and directed to a supervisor. They were not available so they would call me back. I received a call back later in the evening when I was unavailable and left a vm to call back. I have called back asking for help Friday/Sat/Mon asking to speak to anyone who can help because the original supervisor was either out or on another call. Each time I am told no one is available but we promise someone will call you back before the end of day. Since I received the 1 call back on Thurs I have yet to receive another return call from Abt support. Each time I have to call and wait, explain my situation and be told someone will call you back today.

I am disappointed and also amazed how poor the service has been. I was under the impression the supprt at Abt was beyond excellent. I regret our purchase for the Abt support warranty. This is an extremely painful experience and at this point there is a lot that needs to be done on top of fixing our appliance to rectify this situation. Glad to see others have had good experiences, unfortunately ours has been the opposite.

Abt response

Hi Steve, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about the poor service you have received with your unit. Five service calls is unacceptable. Please give me a call on my direct line, 847-544-2836, I would like to look into this and help resolve. Thank you

Original review: May 9, 2022

We had a mini split installed April of 2021. ABT Electronics, Glenview, IL came out multiple times because the refrigerant leaked out due to a problems with the installation. During one of their visits the outside unit metal housing was scratched severely and screws missing so that had to be replaced. The fan guard still rattles today. After the job was completed I noticed a rafter that was cut in my attic they never asked me about and a glass shelf was broken that was stored in our attic they didn’t mention. The unit has never worked well and the first hot day May 2022 just hot air unit not working at all. We call ABT. Sorry it’s out of warranty by one month. $85 to come out plus parts and labor. Do not use them for your project. You will be sorry.

Abt response

We are sorry the split system is having issues. Our HVAC manager has reached out to help resolve this. A technician is coming out at no charge on 5/12.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I wish I could them ZERO! I returned their defective microwave and store signed for it, (UPS have confirmation), now Monica and Kal claiming they never received it. It's been over 3 months and they still refusing to issue refund and they both being extremely rude on the phone. Monica yelled and hung up the phone on me on multiple occasions, which is not acceptable. Kal is a shame of this company, claimed to be a gen manager. He acknowledged he received the item but still won't issue refund and stated "it's your problem!". This company needs to FIRED these people and don't let them harass customers anymore!

Abt response

Andriy, Your microwave was received on 3/16/2022 and refunded the same day. It is our policy that we do not issue a refund until we receive the product.

Resolution response: Feb. 9, 2022

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Purchased a dishwasher 23 months ago, motherboard is no longer working. Called and spoke with “senior” sales manager to help resolve as Abt should stand behind products they are selling. Long time customer, spent thousands of dollars at this store. Senior sales manager was rude and disrespectful; demonstrated no interest in working to resolve this matter. Abt seems to not care about keeping returning customers like in the past based on communication from this manager. Manager informed me that this was between me and manufacturers. Understood, I was looking for fairness in a bad sale. Will no longer be a customer of Abt, I will go up the street to a big box store to be treated the same, or better.

Hi Bridgette, Appreciate the updated review. Thank you

"I was able to resolve this issue successfully with Dan O. Dan was very professional and worked hard to resolve my issue. I will remain a customer of Abt due to the experience I had with Dan O and the service he provided. This is what I always thought Abt to be. Thank you Dan for making this right, and doing the right thing."

Abt Company Information