Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.73/5

Abt Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

We are Abt customers for 20 years now. We are coming back for a reason. Shopping there is an experience we always share with our family, friends and colleagues. Top notch brands and products, great selection and prices, very professional team from order to delivery. If you compare Abt with any other retailer, Abt advantage is obvious. Seamless execution requires a lot of effort from every team member, and all this hard work is behind the scenes.

This time we bought Bosch refrigerator for our kitchen, model B36CT81SNSS, and Whirpool WRS315SNSS, for the garage. Our kitchen is equipped with Bosch and Thermador appliances, and we just love the brand, their approach to design, features, and quality. Excellent reviews, brand familiarity, amazing new features we need and nothing we do not need combined with great shopping experience at Abt helped us to decide on Bosch model. Whirpool is our first, we are hoping we will enjoy the unit for many years to come. We are very happy with our Abt purchases, time and time again. Thank you for always being there for us!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Our 20 year old Sub Zero died so it was time to purchase a new refrigerator. I spent at least two weeks researching, models, brands, option, features etc. We knew what we wanted and went to ABT. We had bought several appliances from them before. Our salesperson was wonderful as they all are. Great experience because you develop a relationship with these guys. It does pay to research first though. There are so many options on refrigerators these days. We were extremely satisfied with the easy of our purchase.

However, the wrong refrigerator model was delivered. The error was on the manufacturer! Oddly we had been looking for a Black stainless and the model we choose did not come in Black stainless, we we settled for Slate. To our surprise a Black stainless was delivered. So it all worked out. Our salesperson wanted to make sure we were happy and offered to have what we had originally wanted delivered immediately. We are happy with what came but still don't understand how, where they found this Black stainless. Thank you ABT for being a sold company with a fantastic Warranty Package.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Met with, and got estimates from, Abt, Sears, Home Depot and Lowe's. I understand system defines price and options, but worth comparing since they all provided bids on replacing the same system (2 Ton, 8 SEER system). Abt was $3200 (13 Seer, 2.5 Ton (not 2 Ton, at my request). Lowe's was close and could have easily been chosen at $3300 to $3600 for slightly different model. Home Depot stepped up the unit (13 SEER, 3 Ton) and was $4700. Sears put on a power point presentation top emphasize the value - but had no way to ever get there - with the smallest unit (2 Ton, 13 SEER) they wanted $5800, or $2500 more than Abt for a smaller unit.

This is my second major purchases from Abt. They have all their own full time installers, own wood shop for any cabinetry changes, and are hands down the best in the Chicago area. The installers were great - professional, accurate, and took the time needed to complete. Once again, can't go wrong choosing Abt!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I am not going to lie, even though I lost hundreds of dollars in food, I was a bit excited when my fridge died on me this weekend. Why? Because I knew that meant a trip to ABT. Who doesn't love a trip to ABT? I never go anywhere else. My shopping experience was quick, painless and enjoyable. Jimmy ** went above and beyond to get me my dream fridge. I think I seriously was in and out in 20 minutes. And arranging delivery next day so I would be without a fridge for only 24 hours. SO thankful for that.

I absolutely LOVE the new text feature with the delivery tracking system. I am sure the delivery crew isn't too fond of it. But it helps plan better on the consumer end. Tony and Milorad were amazing upon delivery. They really worked their butts off to get my old fridge disassembled and then REALLY put in work to get my new fridge into the house. Holy Cow was that thing's HUGE. As always, I am blown away by the experience I received at ABT. I don't know what I would do without them.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Recently I bought a beautiful 65" LG OLED TV (OLED65C8PUA, ranked #1 TV by Consumer Report for 2018) from ABT. They provided sale price & discount deals (through competitive price matching and customer appreciation day discounts) and I saved hundreds of dollars. They also provided me the wall mounting service, which was amazing job and very satisfactory. The installment staffs shown up on time, well-prepared with tools and extra mounting brackets, just in case if some issues come up with your mounting location and the condition of your wall. The TV was perfectly installed (not even a single scratch on the wall, outlet boxes were perfectly installed, straight and in reach of HDMI cables, etc) and the staffs clean up perfectly and take trash and empty boxes with them.

ABT is a great place to shop and buy household electronics and appliances with amazing sales and "customer appreciation" discounts. They also offer 12-18 month finance without interest, which has been very convenient for me, especially when I don't have the fund at the time. Because of the finance offers, I have bought everything from ABT over the years -- entire kitchen appliances, mattress, wine cooler, and TV.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

The quality of the overall service was superb. Everyone made the process proceed so smoothly. I kept waiting for the problems which never occurred. Going forward, I will only shop for appliances at Abt.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I received a slight defect in the surface coating of a GE cooktop cast iron griddle and ABT provided an easy return and replacement of item. It was shipped promptly after return of the item. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I ordered a Sharp Convection Microwave from ABT, received and installed it on the microwave shelf. The microwave stopped working after about 15 days. Call ABT to return it and was told to place the boxed microwave on the porch for UPS pickup on Monday. The microwave sat on the porch until it was picked up on Friday, had to call twice before ABT really issued a UPS pickup. Received our replacement microwave last night and installed it on the shelf. The door would not close. Boxed it back up for return. We have now been without a microwave for over a month.

Abt response

Hi Matthew, My name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your microwave purchase. If you can please call me direct at 847-544-2836 I would be more than happy to express ship a microwave out to you. I am sorry for the delay and damages, please call me and I will make sure we get you taken care of. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I bought from Abt several years ago and just recently purchased JBL Live 500BT wireless headphones from them. I was able to get a very good price on them with the red color that I wanted instead of black! Sound is good and they are comfortable. Any has hood product selection, competitive pricing, and fast shipping of items. I would recommend Abt to all!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Over the years, I’ve purchased all of my major appliances at ABT (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, washer/dryer, sump pump, hot water heater). The sales staff knowledgeable, excellent delivery/installation, and good pricing. Until recently, I never used their Service Department, fearing their prices. Let me tell you that I’ve been thoroughly impressed! Technicians are prompt, courteous, and real pros. Wish I would have used them in the past, but will never have anyone else again. Had a recent problem that was resolved by service manager, Ray. They stand behind their workmanship 100%. Thank you ABT for making it a pleasure to do business with you!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Abt Company Information