3.9/5 (231 ratings)

About Abt

Abt Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The delivery process was smooth and seamless. I received a text message in the morning stating who the driver was, and the truck number. They gave a two hour window of when they would show up. I received another text message about a half hour before their arrival. They arrived within a minute or two of one time they said they would. Both of the delivery people were wearing masks and booties. They made sure they kept my house clean, and picked up all the garbage before they left. They clearly explained the instructions of the items I had purchased. Before they left, they made sure that I was very satisfied with the items, and with their installation work as well. I am very happy with the purchases I made, and I am equally happy with the quality and timeliness of Abt’s delivery service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Delivered on time, setup promptly, and professionally. Plus instructions provided on how to use the many feature of the bed. Best Bed Ever! Best night sleep since too long. My sleep cycle went from 45 minutes at the time to 3 hours uninterrupted. For me it is major.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

The delivery service was really great! You could tell they had worked together before because each did his specific job. They answered whatever questions I had. They waited for the rain to stop before unloading my appliance. They made sure it was working and cleaned up after themselves. Thank you ABT.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

The delivery guys were great as usual! This is why we always order our appliances from ABT. The customer service can't be beat. We received our delivery window and they showed up right on time. Professional and courteous.

Abt response

Hi Wendy, Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your business!

Original review: July 26, 2021

Delivery was, as usual, on time, while delivery drivers exceeded my expectations (patient, helpful, - moved a couple pieces for me even helping me bring in a chair from another vendor and helping put on back of chair). I am, however, not happy with Flexsteel as this is my second piece that has damage or imperfections (leather has 4-6 inch area on seat which has glossy/shiny or blotchy spot as if something was spilled on it - feels slippery instead of smooth, different from the rest of leather)… Drivers took a picture of it and I sent it to my sales person who I’m sure will respond to me when she can, to address problem/concern. I did exchange the first sofa, return the other for squeaky noises and stitching imperfections, etc. and I remain happy with the return policy @ ABT but I’m not very confident in flexsteel. I’m assuming it’s them who is not doing a thorough quality check on their furniture before sending to retailers/ABT.

Abt response

Hi Tim, I am sorry to hear about the imperfection on your sofa. I will make sure your salesperson reaches out to you to rectify this. If there is anything I can help with please reach out at 847-544-2836. Thank you Dan Obradovic General Manager

Original review: May 24, 2021

Absolutely horrible. Bait and switch credit misrepresentation. Was approved for a 4k store card but Abt refused to accept it. Credit hit for nothing. Seeking legal representation for this debacle. Awful. Just awful. Synchrony advised that the female verifications rep that handles these types of calls for Abt should be better trained or let go. I happen to fully agree.

Abt response
Hi Robert, As I have explained in your other social media posts, Your information is forwarded to a third party verification system and it failed during that process. Due to the verification failure we are unable to accept that form of payment from you. If you would like to use a different form of payment please let us know. Thank you Dan Obradovic, General Manager.

**Have a good day Robert. I am sorry you are not understanding. It is best we part ways and you find another retailer.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Redid my kitchen and bought all my appliances from ABT - high-end refrigerator, built-in oven stove top, oven range, microwave and dishwasher. This was a year ago... I had to replace my fridge 2x, and now my Thermador oven is faulty and someone just came out today to replace the motherboard and left without my oven working so now I have to wait again at least a week before someone else can come out - I was told by 2 customer service representatives and a technician that I shouldn’t use the self-clean mode on the oven “bc this sort of thing happens...” so why would a rep sell me an oven like that knowing the self-clean mode is faulty? I am not happy about that - I’m very disappointed with ABT. My mother had a similar experience last month with her washing machine - 3x she had to replace her washer in one month- that’s appalling. In the past year I’ve heard poor feedback but now I’ve experienced it. I will never buy another item from ABT again.

Abt response

Hi Evelyn, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about the experience you are having regarding your appliances. If you can please call me at 847-544-2836 I would like to look into this and see what we can do to make this right. Thank you

Original review: March 31, 2021

I tried to buy a product through Synchrony Credit Card and then I received an email indicating I have to call them for a verification purpose. I did called them and I talked to the most rude person in the world, uncooperative and one single word answer for each question which is “We can’t process it for you”. I even tried to understand what is the issue so I can work to fix it, but they didn’t tell me. I called my bank and then returned to them, there were a man and he was gentle told me what’s going on. Then I returned and the same girl answered the call and literally she told me “I told you it will not go through, this is your third call, dont call again because we will not receive your call we have other customers etc, super rude, uncooperative, doesn't know how to talk to people, probably there is discrimination based on my accent even more. Thumb down. Not anymore Abt!

Abt response

Hi Mohamed, All of our orders go through a 3rd party verification system. Your order did not pass the required verification with the credit card company and was declined. You can try and resubmit with a different credit card if you would like. Thank you

Original review: March 26, 2021

I purchased a washer and dryer online for $3500 and it includes shipping, the purchase was smooth. There’s an option for $300 white glove service which would unbox the machines and move them to your desired location at home, but wait for it, the service does not include any installation or hooking up the machines, which means I would have to pay an additional $300 to get an outside technician to do the installation, that will be $600 in total. The machines arrived, after much hassle to get service to have them installed, I eventually spent another $440. Compared to Lowe’s that does the washer hook up for free and Best Buy who charges a small fee. It was a stressful and expensive experience.

Abt response

Hi Annie, The White Glove service is cleary marked at the checkout process on our website. "This delivery method includes a two-man delivery inside the first floor of your home, to the room of your choice. This method does not include installation or removal of old appliances." If you can please call me at 847-544-2836 I can look into the shipping fees for you and see if there can be some credit issued as a courtesy. Thank you. Dan O, General Manager

Original review: March 24, 2021

I contacted ABT that my Mastercard was used for a fraudulent purchase. They couldn't help me at all. I gave them the exact amount of the purchase (not authorized by me) over $900 and they couldn't help me, maybe someone who works there is doing fraudulent activity.

Abt response

Hi Thomas, I am sorry to hear your credit card was used in a fraudulent purchase. You can contact our security manager Erik D at 847-954-4103 for any information. Thank you

Resolution response: March 15, 2021

After getting a call back from one of the "higher ups" at ABT I was offered the MacBook Pro I wanted at a reduced price. Granted it wasn't the advertised price but they did give me a substantial discount. I was grateful for that. I will probably do business with them in the future.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I purchased a new MacBook Pro on Abt's website. When I received the emailed invoice the product description was completely wrong. I called and their response was, "Let me check". Basically, they went to their own website to "check" and started reading me the description from the site. I said "yes, that's exactly what I ordered but the invoice shows different specs." Then I was called by someone in a different department telling me that my order had already shipped and that the specs on the invoice are correct. I replied "the specs on the page of the website is what I ordered. Not what's showing on the invoice!" I was then told I would have to pay an additional $1300 to get the laptop with the specs I wanted. Unbelievable. Can you say "bait and switch"? First and last times I will do business with Abt...

Abt response

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your purchase experience. It is rare our website has product errors but it does happen sometimes. If you would like to return the MacBook we can take it back for a FULL REFUND. We are not in the business of "bait and switch" tactics. We have been in business over 85 years. If you would like to call me I can see what we can do on the model you are looking at or if you would like I can send you a return label. My direct line is 847-544-2836 Thank you Dan O, GM

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I ordered an appliance from them and was given an estimated delivery date. The shipper, Pilot, then gave me a specific date. They missed it, and when I called I got the stupid "your call is very important to us..." nonsense. (Yes, just not important enough to answer). I chatted with someone at Abt and she said she'd get back to me, but she never did. I have no idea when or if I will ever receive the appliance.

Abt response

Hello, my name is Dan O and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry about your shipping experience with us and if you can call me direct at 847-544-2836 I would like to look into this and get your product out to you ASAP. Thank you

Hi Dan, I am sorry I never heard from you. If you need any help please give me a call. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

We've chose ABT Electronics to buy a vacuum because we've had really good experiences with them before! So after buying Dyson cordless vacuum V11 and paying full price for it we came home and opened the box! The bag had full of dirt in it and it wasn't a brand new one! Very disappointed. I called ABT and the CSR said it's a brand new product! Really? She didn't even apologize for it, if it was brand new, how come the bag was full of dirt! It's disgusting especially now with all this virus thing going on! Very disappointed with ABT.

Abt response

Hi Gana, I am sorry you received a used vacuum from us. Our returns dept should have caught this and should have never been put back to stock. If you can call me direct at 847-544-2836 I can have someone swap this out for you ASAP. Thank you Dan Obradovic

Resolution response: Jan. 3, 2021

I was contacted by the manager and he was able to arrange for a replacement of both appliances to be sent to me. Both arrived the week of New Year's eve and I was able to get them installed and tested and they are working without any issues.

My takeaways is to always inspect the deliveries before the delivery person leaves...no matter how much they seem to be in a hurry and you are taking up their time. Always make sure to get white glove delivery or read the fine print or contact the vendor and get a detailed description of how your items will be delivered. Threshold delivery is nonsense when you have a 300 lbs appliance to move and install. I am now satisfied with my purchase and the services I received from ABT.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Before making any purchases online, I do my research, I compare reviews about each product and make my decision on what to purchase, then I look at which company has a solid reputation and also price. In this case I went with ABT. I placed my orders online as I did not want to go in to a store during all that is happening. I did run into a Famous Tate to quickly to see each item personally and I was happy with what I saw. I looked into ABT and saw many good reviews, but also saw a few bad ones. But I gave them a chance. I placed my order Nov 29th for a refrigerator, a range, a over the range microwave and a dishwasher. All were major upgrades to what I currently have and each were the latest and greatest technology. So you can see how excited the entire family was with this purchase.

It took some time but I started to see info on shipping of each appliance. What caught me by surprise was that they were not coming in one shipment and also not from one delivery company. I received my microwave and was waiting for my other appliances to come in so I can get them installed in one sitting instead of having multiple visits from an installer. A few days later I received dishwasher and I was expecting the range and the refrigerator, but only got the dishwasher. I decided to go ahead and start installing before Hanukkah. The microwave was installed and tested. Then I unpacked the dishwasher and gather all parts. But noticed that the door was not opening all the way. After inspecting it thoroughly, I noticed some damaged at the bottom corner of the door which bent it in a way that it would get caught and prevent the door from opening.

While this was happening I got the range delivered to my house. Once it was set in my kitchen, I noticed two holes in the box. The delivery guy left and I went back to dealing with the dishwasher. I called ABT customer support and asked about my fridge...which the CSR response to me made me worried.... "Refrigerator?...(silence)...I will look into this and get back to you".... Then I mentioned the bent door, and the immediate response was that I had to call Samsung and deal with them. Mind you, I never had any dealings with Samsung, I purchased a brand new appliance from ABT and I would expect them to fix any issues I run into before I even have the appliance installed.

I realized that Abt was not wiling to do much about the damaged appliance so I left it at that and tried to "fix" the issue myself. Cosmetically, the issue is still there, but I got the door to close and I went ahead and installed it. So then I decided I needed to inspect the range.... I did not want to open the box as it seems like it would be pretty hard to seal it back up in case I need to send it back to Abt. I put my hand through the holes and felt some dents. I contacted Abt and I was told they need pictures of the damage to assess what the next step would be. I was told that if I opened the box, I would be responsible to get it packaged back up properly for them...so I complied and opened the box.

Good thing I did, that dent was bad...the entire side of the range was bent in at least 1.5 inches. It looked like a fork lift went thru the box and hit the range with such a force that it might have bent the inside of the range as well. The range is not usable....and I was told by the At CSR that they will contact me after they made up their mind if my damages are worth their time. It has been a 2 days and our Hanukkah celebration got ruined. 2 out of 4 appliances were delivered damaged and 1 is missing in action.

I am now very nervous about getting another appliance, which is the most expensive one, with damages and have to deal with returning them and mess up my entire holidays celebration. Needless to say, the joy of getting something new morphed into feeling fear and being mislead. I just hope Abt will fix this without me having to jump through hoops as I did nothing wrong. I just wanted to celebrate the holidays without all of this unnecessary stress.

Abt response

Hi Gilberto, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about your experience with us and some of the appliances arriving damaged. Please call me direct at 847-544-2836 and I would be more than happy to exchange them for you. Thank you

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Delivery was fast and the dehumidifier is GREAT! I also purchased an air purifier from Abt and continued buying charcoal filters from them. Great company! I also purchased binoculars for bird watching. All their products are great!

Abt Company Information