3.8/5 (247 ratings)

About Abt

Abt Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

My initial experience was amazing. I called to confirm the refrigerator I wanted was actually in stock, as I was unable to find it anywhere else. The sales rep was friendly and helpful. He placed the order and I had my refrigerator delivered quickly. But after unpacking it, I found significant dents on the exterior walls. This would have been workable for a discount but I also found the inside walls were bowed and I could only place the shelves at the highest and lowest positions. I called and requested a return. This seemed to go ok, and eventually the fridge was picked up but now 2 weeks later I have no refund and the agent is no longer replying to my emails. They have my money and the returned fridge. I understand it is the holiday season, but I would like some confidence my credit card will be refunded, so far I'm not.

Abt response

Hi Michele. I am sorry for the damaged unit you received. I would be happy to look into your order and make sure we process that refund for you ASAP. Please call me at 847-544-2836. Thank you Dan O, General Manager

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

My brand new oven needed a new part and they had to schedule me a month out because they only come out to Indiana on Tuesdays and Saturdays. They scheduled for the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, which I was hosting 13 people, and I took the day off, then they canceled on me that late morning stating the repair man had a "personal issue". Now, the Tuesday before Christmas, after I moved around appointments to be here all day, they have canceled on me again. I'm now going on three months without my brand new Thermador oven working properly. I've heard all about their "5-star" customer service, but I think canceling twice, days before a major holiday, is disgraceful and there is really no excuse for it. I will never buy anything from Abt again.

Abt response

Hi Anne, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. Please give me a call direct at 847-544-2836 I would like to help resolve this for you.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

ABT has the BEST delivery people! Always nice, polite, and so efficient. And, as an immunocompromised person, I appreciate them wearing their masks AND wearing them the right way. My family has been buying from ABT for over FORTY years, and we are always satisfied!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

It's hard to put into words how satisfied we always are with both the product and the delivery process provided by Abt. From the initial sales call, to the set up of delivery, to the final delivery - the quality of the people at every level is always exemplary. We had a small issue with a leak that we noticed the next day, and someone from Abt was out within the hour to identify the problem and to fix it. They told us they would not leave until our problem was solved. Amazing! You all do such a wonderful job. Thank you!

Abt response

Hi Ann! Thank you for the kind words, We appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

They did a great job. On time, prepared, quick. Abt is the gold standard in appliance and electronics. I have used them in business and personal use. They always have treated me fairly and with total professionalism.

Abt response

Hi Jim, Thank you for the kind review! We appreciate your business!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Very happy with ABT and their employees. Very professional, on time, cleans up after themselves, and answers all our questions. Purchased many items from ABT because of their service and prices. Their sales staff knows their products and are always very helpful.

Abt response

Hi James, Thank you and we appreciate your business!

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2021

After several misinformed and aggressive attempts to argue with me, the company refunded the labor costs. I consider this a partial resolution, which was reached only due to my persistence and refusal to fully back down. Overall, a single store manager and a single customer service agent facilitated a workable compromise, but the company never took responsibility and could have done a better job fully rectifying this situation.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I worked with a member of the Abt sale team to select a hood that would work in my kitchen. After guiding me to an appropriate hood, the salesperson then upsold me on their in-house cabinet customization service. Supposedly, they would cut the cabinet above my range down to the appropriate size to accommodate the new hood and its required clearance from the range top. I took three days off of work -- the first for the initial consult where the Abt employee took a bunch of measurements, the second for the day they came to remove the cabinet, and the third for the day they scheduled to come back and install the hood and cabinet. After the crew came to remove the cabinet, I noticed them taking lots of pictures. I asked why and then said they needed to make sure the measurements were right. I asked whether someone would call me if the measurements were not right, and they answered in the affirmative.

A week later I had not heard from Abt, so I emailed my salesperson to find out "if there was a problem" given the fact that the team that took down the cabinet took so many pictures. She said no and confirmed the installation date. On the date of the installation, however, the crew installed the cabinet and then determined that the cabinet has been customized incorrectly and now a new hole would need to be drilled in the brick outside wall of my home. They looked up my order and the notes and pictures from Abt's prior visits and told me this was Abt's mistake. After consulting with the head installer "Vito," however, they changed their tune and told me that I should have had a different contractor out between their visits to drill a previous hole. I asked how I would have even known to have done this when they were the ones who supposedly specialize in this type of installation, took all the measurements and customized my upper cabinet. They had no answer.

They left with my kitchen unusable and the large range hood on the floor of my dining room. In a written email to my salesperson and Vito, I demanded they either complete the job (I had paid in full in advance including the fee for the botched cabinet customization and the fee for the installation) or restore the kitchen to its original state. No response. I forwarded the email to customer service. No response. I will now pursue remedies through local media outlets, the Illinois AG's office, and private action, all of which will cost more money and take up more time. Buyer beware: Abt is offering a service and implementing with uncaring employees with no effective communications between the sales team and the installation team.

Abt response

Mike I am sorry for the miscommunication on your order. We are not able to provide a new vent on the 3rd floor. We do not have the means to do this and a venting company is required. We did take responsibility and refunded your labor charges that can be used toward a venting company to complete the work for you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

My refrigerator died and I needed something that fit an odd space very quickly. The delivery people were fast, personable, and thorough. Coupled with their amazing sales staff, the experience was perfect. I'll be sure to return and recommend you to everyone.

Abt response

Hi Robert, Thank you for the review!

Resolution response: Nov. 1, 2021

Thanks. Ordered the model I wanted from Best Buy.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Never received an acceptable wall oven. I did returned two damaged ovens. Ordered in May and over five months later, still no oven. I just checked my order - Abt has discontinued this product and started my refund without notifying me. Would have liked the opportunity to discuss a replacement product, but was never given the chance. The two shipments for this oven were both damaged. It also took three shipments to get an acceptable dishwasher (thanks Abt for reinforcing the packaging on the third one). The four retuned appliances all looked like they had been dragged behind the truck. Started a chat session with "Rachel" and she asked what the issue was but they never responded after I identified my problems with submitting a review on their site. Over ten minutes without a response to my "Hello?" so I closed the session and started here.

Abt response

Hi Frodo, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here. I am sorry to hear about the continued damaged shipments arriving. The oven has been discontinued and we do not have anymore of that model. If you would like to wait for the new model please let me know and I can place you on the list. My direct at 847-544-2836 Thank you

UPDATE: Hi Frodo, per your request, we will not have you on the list for the new model oven and your full payment has been refunded. Thank you

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I bought two Electrolux dishwashers 13 years ago from Abt and they never worked well. I had repair people come out at least twice, and was told that this is the way new dishwashers work, ie not well. I had the floor replaced in my kitchen 3 months ago, and in the process the dishwashers had to be removed. The contractor told me that the dishwashers were incorrectly installed- the hole in the neighboring cabinet was not in the right place, leading to the water supply/drain being kinked. In addition there was no safety switch, no ground wire, and the whip was too short. I spoke to several service people to complain, of course for naught. I was told I needed some evidence to back this up, but of course the contractor had not taken pictures. The contractor also told that my subzero frig (also purchased and installed from Abt) was incorrectly installed.

Abt response

Avi installation from 13 years ago is difficult to determine how the lines were kinked. When the lines kink there is usually an error code on the unit or it will malfunction on draining or filling. Unfortunately after 13 years there is not much than can be done other than reinstalling the units. If you can let me know what your contractor says is wrong with the SubZero installation we would be happy to look into it. My direct line is 847-544-2836. Thank you Dan Obradovic, GM

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I was very happy with the customer service we received from Abt. When I chose the cooktop we purchased, they provided info on shipping time etc. with UPS right away. I knew I couldn't be home to sign for it at the scheduled time so I contacted customer service via the chat feature they offer. Within minutes someone contacted me by email and then by phone to try to arrange a different shipping time with UPS.

It was rescheduled for the time I asked by the next day. Then UPS dropped the ball and didn't deliver it as promised, Again Abt went to bat and made sure it was delivered the next day. They went the extra mile for us and were really fast and thorough in their customer service as well as delivery of the product. It was in great shape when it arrived. At a time in our lives when so many appliance products are scarce, they had a lot of product availability. When I checked Lowe's & Home Depot their appliances were not available for 6 months! Abt had it within 2 days. Very satisfied!!

Abt response

Hi Terri, We appreciate the business! If there is anything else we can help with please feel free to give us a call. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The delivery process was smooth and seamless. I received a text message in the morning stating who the driver was, and the truck number. They gave a two hour window of when they would show up. I received another text message about a half hour before their arrival. They arrived within a minute or two of one time they said they would. Both of the delivery people were wearing masks and booties. They made sure they kept my house clean, and picked up all the garbage before they left. They clearly explained the instructions of the items I had purchased. Before they left, they made sure that I was very satisfied with the items, and with their installation work as well. I am very happy with the purchases I made, and I am equally happy with the quality and timeliness of Abt’s delivery service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Delivered on time, setup promptly, and professionally. Plus instructions provided on how to use the many feature of the bed. Best Bed Ever! Best night sleep since too long. My sleep cycle went from 45 minutes at the time to 3 hours uninterrupted. For me it is major.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I bought a washer from them. They delivered it to the wrong address and would not resolve the problem. I have asked for my money back, and they will not refund it. I am having to do a credit card chargeback.

Abt response

Hi Sessel, It was nice speaking with you and I am sorry about the miscommunication with our shipper. I will be processing your refund today and I hope you give us another chance to earn your business. In the future please call me direct 847-544-2836 and I can make sure things run smoother for you. -Dan Obradovic, General Manager

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I ordered Thrustmaster pedals and I was well aware that a special order would take some time. 7-21 days to ship is stated, though it's been 28 days I haven't received any further emails since my purchase telling me that there is delay or anything and I haven't gotten a reply on my email regarding this, I'm not upset because of how long but more so because I haven't been updated and would've bought from somewhere else if it was going to be this inconvenient.

Abt response

Hi Camren, I am sorry to hear about the delay in your order an no one getting an update for you. Please send me your information at DanO@abt.com or you can call me direct at 847-544-2836. I would be glad to get you an update. Thank you

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

The delivery service was really great! You could tell they had worked together before because each did his specific job. They answered whatever questions I had. They waited for the rain to stop before unloading my appliance. They made sure it was working and cleaned up after themselves. Thank you ABT.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

The delivery guys were great as usual! This is why we always order our appliances from ABT. The customer service can't be beat. We received our delivery window and they showed up right on time. Professional and courteous.

Abt response

Hi Wendy, Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

We went to the store and ordered a washer. Was told that it was in stock and it took 3 weeks for a item in stock to be delivered. Then on the delivery date they call at 8:20 am and told that the delivery would be between 6 pm to 9 pm. What the hell. It is now, 9:10 pm and no delivery yet.

Abt response

Hi Bill, I am sorry for the late delivery. We are normally more efficient in our delivery services. Unfortunately we have been a bit short staffed and are trying our best to accommodate our customers. If your delivery was not made and their is a better day that works for you please give me a call and I can arrange a better time window for you. My direct line is 847-544-2836. Thank you and we appreciate your business, Dan O.-GM

Original review: July 28, 2021

I built a brand new home last year, I spent over $30,000.00 on all new Bosch and Whirlpool appliances. ABT had no problem selling, delivering and installing (at an additional cost) all the products. This is a summer house so I used the appliances for 2 months, in May I went back to the lake house and the Bosch fridge was not making ice or dispensing water, I called ABT, they said, "We don't service your products since you are 120 miles from ABT. You need to call Bosch." I called Bosch and Bosch said to call ABT.

Yesterday I went to the lake and my Whirlpool washer is not running a spin cycle, I again call ABT, I talk to a salesperson, I tell her my story on the fridge. She puts me on a brief hold and returns to assure me they will service the product. She then transfers me to service where they tell me they don't service my products. She gives me the phone number to Whirlpool, I ask, "Do I need any other information?" She says "I don't know". I said, "Get me someone that does know." Someone else gets on the phone and says, "You will need the serial #," and she gives it to me.

I called Whirlpool and they said they need the model # and purchase date as well, so I have to call ABT back. 30 min later I have the information. All the products were delivered and installed on 7/21, problem is I did not take possession of the new house till 8/11, so now the washer is out of warranty. By the way all the back and forth phone calls took over three hours and by the time I got the information Whirlpool was closed for the day. PLEASE DO NOT use ABT, they have gotten too big and don't care about customers, buy from a smaller place who still care about customers and customer service.

Abt response

Hi Scott, I am sorry to hear about your service experience. We normally service within a 90 mile radius of the store. If you can please contact me at 847-544-2836 I can look into getting someone out there for you to complete service. Thank you Dan O, General Manager

Original review: July 26, 2021

Delivery was, as usual, on time, while delivery drivers exceeded my expectations (patient, helpful, - moved a couple pieces for me even helping me bring in a chair from another vendor and helping put on back of chair). I am, however, not happy with Flexsteel as this is my second piece that has damage or imperfections (leather has 4-6 inch area on seat which has glossy/shiny or blotchy spot as if something was spilled on it - feels slippery instead of smooth, different from the rest of leather)… Drivers took a picture of it and I sent it to my sales person who I’m sure will respond to me when she can, to address problem/concern. I did exchange the first sofa, return the other for squeaky noises and stitching imperfections, etc. and I remain happy with the return policy @ ABT but I’m not very confident in flexsteel. I’m assuming it’s them who is not doing a thorough quality check on their furniture before sending to retailers/ABT.

Abt response

Hi Tim, I am sorry to hear about the imperfection on your sofa. I will make sure your salesperson reaches out to you to rectify this. If there is anything I can help with please reach out at 847-544-2836. Thank you Dan Obradovic General Manager

Original review: June 22, 2021

I have had nothing but problems with Abt. My husband and I went to the store to purchase a new range and hood. After much deliberation, we decided on BlueStar. We were aware that it would take several weeks before the appliances came in, and we were prepared to wait. When the order was placed, we were told that there was a hood in-stock. Since we knew these items weren't usually in stock, we asked if the hood was a return. We were assured by the salesman that it was not coded as a return in the inventory system. We decided to take the hood that day and install it ourselves. When the hood was brought to our car, it was packaged in two separate boxes, which seemed unusual for a high-end brand. Again, we asked if this was a return and were told that it was not.

My husband tried to install the hood the next day only to discover that it was missing a piece. Upon further inspection, we found the packaging slip that showed this hood was ordered for a different customer. We contacted Abt and were repeatedly told that this was not a return. Given the circumstances, we requested a new hood. While we were already annoyed with what had transpired, we agreed to have a loaner hood until the new hood and range were in stock.

A few months later, we were told the hood and range were both in stock and would be installed on June 14th. Both appliances were delivered, but neither were able to be completely installed. We were told the range needed to be calibrated, which still has not been done after more than a week. Also, the hood was again missing the same piece as before, so it could not be installed. The technicians left the hood on our dining room table and told us that someone from Abt would be in contact with us.

After a week, we still don't have the hood installed. After some back and forth with the salesman, I called Abt today and was told that the earliest the hood could be installed would be on July 12th, nearly a month after it was supposed to be installed. This would be a month of not having a hood, so not being able to fully use the stove and not having a dining room table. I was also supposed to receive 24 months of 0% financing, but was only given 12 months. This has now, hopefully, been rectified, but required another phone call to sort out.

I will say that our salesman has been great and I have no complaints about him. However, he seems to be the only person willing to help us. Numerous calls to the service department and management have been for naught. It's only when the salesman is involved that we get a resolution to the problems. We chose Abt because friends and family have had very positive experiences, but that has not been our experience.

Abt response

Hi Erica, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. If you can please call me direct at 847-544-2836 I would like to help sort everything out for you and make this right. Thank you, Dan Obradovic General Manager.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Absolutely horrible. Bait and switch credit misrepresentation. Was approved for a 4k store card but Abt refused to accept it. Credit hit for nothing. Seeking legal representation for this debacle. Awful. Just awful. Synchrony advised that the female verifications rep that handles these types of calls for Abt should be better trained or let go. I happen to fully agree.

Abt response
Hi Robert, As I have explained in your other social media posts, Your information is forwarded to a third party verification system and it failed during that process. Due to the verification failure we are unable to accept that form of payment from you. If you would like to use a different form of payment please let us know. Thank you Dan Obradovic, General Manager.

**Have a good day Robert. I am sorry you are not understanding. It is best we part ways and you find another retailer.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Redid my kitchen and bought all my appliances from ABT - high-end refrigerator, built-in oven stove top, oven range, microwave and dishwasher. This was a year ago... I had to replace my fridge 2x, and now my Thermador oven is faulty and someone just came out today to replace the motherboard and left without my oven working so now I have to wait again at least a week before someone else can come out - I was told by 2 customer service representatives and a technician that I shouldn’t use the self-clean mode on the oven “bc this sort of thing happens...” so why would a rep sell me an oven like that knowing the self-clean mode is faulty? I am not happy about that - I’m very disappointed with ABT. My mother had a similar experience last month with her washing machine - 3x she had to replace her washer in one month- that’s appalling. In the past year I’ve heard poor feedback but now I’ve experienced it. I will never buy another item from ABT again.

Abt response

Hi Evelyn, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about the experience you are having regarding your appliances. If you can please call me at 847-544-2836 I would like to look into this and see what we can do to make this right. Thank you

Original review: March 31, 2021

I tried to buy a product through Synchrony Credit Card and then I received an email indicating I have to call them for a verification purpose. I did called them and I talked to the most rude person in the world, uncooperative and one single word answer for each question which is “We can’t process it for you”. I even tried to understand what is the issue so I can work to fix it, but they didn’t tell me. I called my bank and then returned to them, there were a man and he was gentle told me what’s going on. Then I returned and the same girl answered the call and literally she told me “I told you it will not go through, this is your third call, dont call again because we will not receive your call we have other customers etc, super rude, uncooperative, doesn't know how to talk to people, probably there is discrimination based on my accent even more. Thumb down. Not anymore Abt!

Abt response

Hi Mohamed, All of our orders go through a 3rd party verification system. Your order did not pass the required verification with the credit card company and was declined. You can try and resubmit with a different credit card if you would like. Thank you

Original review: March 26, 2021

I purchased a washer and dryer online for $3500 and it includes shipping, the purchase was smooth. There’s an option for $300 white glove service which would unbox the machines and move them to your desired location at home, but wait for it, the service does not include any installation or hooking up the machines, which means I would have to pay an additional $300 to get an outside technician to do the installation, that will be $600 in total. The machines arrived, after much hassle to get service to have them installed, I eventually spent another $440. Compared to Lowe’s that does the washer hook up for free and Best Buy who charges a small fee. It was a stressful and expensive experience.

Abt response

Hi Annie, The White Glove service is cleary marked at the checkout process on our website. "This delivery method includes a two-man delivery inside the first floor of your home, to the room of your choice. This method does not include installation or removal of old appliances." If you can please call me at 847-544-2836 I can look into the shipping fees for you and see if there can be some credit issued as a courtesy. Thank you. Dan O, General Manager

Original review: March 24, 2021

I contacted ABT that my Mastercard was used for a fraudulent purchase. They couldn't help me at all. I gave them the exact amount of the purchase (not authorized by me) over $900 and they couldn't help me, maybe someone who works there is doing fraudulent activity.

Abt response

Hi Thomas, I am sorry to hear your credit card was used in a fraudulent purchase. You can contact our security manager Erik D at 847-954-4103 for any information. Thank you

Resolution response: March 15, 2021

After getting a call back from one of the "higher ups" at ABT I was offered the MacBook Pro I wanted at a reduced price. Granted it wasn't the advertised price but they did give me a substantial discount. I was grateful for that. I will probably do business with them in the future.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I purchased a new MacBook Pro on Abt's website. When I received the emailed invoice the product description was completely wrong. I called and their response was, "Let me check". Basically, they went to their own website to "check" and started reading me the description from the site. I said "yes, that's exactly what I ordered but the invoice shows different specs." Then I was called by someone in a different department telling me that my order had already shipped and that the specs on the invoice are correct. I replied "the specs on the page of the website is what I ordered. Not what's showing on the invoice!" I was then told I would have to pay an additional $1300 to get the laptop with the specs I wanted. Unbelievable. Can you say "bait and switch"? First and last times I will do business with Abt...

Abt response

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your purchase experience. It is rare our website has product errors but it does happen sometimes. If you would like to return the MacBook we can take it back for a FULL REFUND. We are not in the business of "bait and switch" tactics. We have been in business over 85 years. If you would like to call me I can see what we can do on the model you are looking at or if you would like I can send you a return label. My direct line is 847-544-2836 Thank you Dan O, GM

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I ordered an appliance from them and was given an estimated delivery date. The shipper, Pilot, then gave me a specific date. They missed it, and when I called I got the stupid "your call is very important to us..." nonsense. (Yes, just not important enough to answer). I chatted with someone at Abt and she said she'd get back to me, but she never did. I have no idea when or if I will ever receive the appliance.

Abt response

Hello, my name is Dan O and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry about your shipping experience with us and if you can call me direct at 847-544-2836 I would like to look into this and get your product out to you ASAP. Thank you

Hi Dan, I am sorry I never heard from you. If you need any help please give me a call. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

We've chose ABT Electronics to buy a vacuum because we've had really good experiences with them before! So after buying Dyson cordless vacuum V11 and paying full price for it we came home and opened the box! The bag had full of dirt in it and it wasn't a brand new one! Very disappointed. I called ABT and the CSR said it's a brand new product! Really? She didn't even apologize for it, if it was brand new, how come the bag was full of dirt! It's disgusting especially now with all this virus thing going on! Very disappointed with ABT.

Abt response

Hi Gana, I am sorry you received a used vacuum from us. Our returns dept should have caught this and should have never been put back to stock. If you can call me direct at 847-544-2836 I can have someone swap this out for you ASAP. Thank you Dan Obradovic

Resolution response: Jan. 3, 2021

I was contacted by the manager and he was able to arrange for a replacement of both appliances to be sent to me. Both arrived the week of New Year's eve and I was able to get them installed and tested and they are working without any issues.

My takeaways is to always inspect the deliveries before the delivery person leaves...no matter how much they seem to be in a hurry and you are taking up their time. Always make sure to get white glove delivery or read the fine print or contact the vendor and get a detailed description of how your items will be delivered. Threshold delivery is nonsense when you have a 300 lbs appliance to move and install. I am now satisfied with my purchase and the services I received from ABT.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Before making any purchases online, I do my research, I compare reviews about each product and make my decision on what to purchase, then I look at which company has a solid reputation and also price. In this case I went with ABT. I placed my orders online as I did not want to go in to a store during all that is happening. I did run into a Famous Tate to quickly to see each item personally and I was happy with what I saw. I looked into ABT and saw many good reviews, but also saw a few bad ones. But I gave them a chance. I placed my order Nov 29th for a refrigerator, a range, a over the range microwave and a dishwasher. All were major upgrades to what I currently have and each were the latest and greatest technology. So you can see how excited the entire family was with this purchase.

It took some time but I started to see info on shipping of each appliance. What caught me by surprise was that they were not coming in one shipment and also not from one delivery company. I received my microwave and was waiting for my other appliances to come in so I can get them installed in one sitting instead of having multiple visits from an installer. A few days later I received dishwasher and I was expecting the range and the refrigerator, but only got the dishwasher. I decided to go ahead and start installing before Hanukkah. The microwave was installed and tested. Then I unpacked the dishwasher and gather all parts. But noticed that the door was not opening all the way. After inspecting it thoroughly, I noticed some damaged at the bottom corner of the door which bent it in a way that it would get caught and prevent the door from opening.

While this was happening I got the range delivered to my house. Once it was set in my kitchen, I noticed two holes in the box. The delivery guy left and I went back to dealing with the dishwasher. I called ABT customer support and asked about my fridge...which the CSR response to me made me worried.... "Refrigerator?...(silence)...I will look into this and get back to you".... Then I mentioned the bent door, and the immediate response was that I had to call Samsung and deal with them. Mind you, I never had any dealings with Samsung, I purchased a brand new appliance from ABT and I would expect them to fix any issues I run into before I even have the appliance installed.

I realized that Abt was not wiling to do much about the damaged appliance so I left it at that and tried to "fix" the issue myself. Cosmetically, the issue is still there, but I got the door to close and I went ahead and installed it. So then I decided I needed to inspect the range.... I did not want to open the box as it seems like it would be pretty hard to seal it back up in case I need to send it back to Abt. I put my hand through the holes and felt some dents. I contacted Abt and I was told they need pictures of the damage to assess what the next step would be. I was told that if I opened the box, I would be responsible to get it packaged back up properly for them...so I complied and opened the box.

Good thing I did, that dent was bad...the entire side of the range was bent in at least 1.5 inches. It looked like a fork lift went thru the box and hit the range with such a force that it might have bent the inside of the range as well. The range is not usable....and I was told by the At CSR that they will contact me after they made up their mind if my damages are worth their time. It has been a 2 days and our Hanukkah celebration got ruined. 2 out of 4 appliances were delivered damaged and 1 is missing in action.

I am now very nervous about getting another appliance, which is the most expensive one, with damages and have to deal with returning them and mess up my entire holidays celebration. Needless to say, the joy of getting something new morphed into feeling fear and being mislead. I just hope Abt will fix this without me having to jump through hoops as I did nothing wrong. I just wanted to celebrate the holidays without all of this unnecessary stress.

Abt response

Hi Gilberto, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about your experience with us and some of the appliances arriving damaged. Please call me direct at 847-544-2836 and I would be more than happy to exchange them for you. Thank you

Abt Company Information