Abt Reviews

• 0%
  • 9%
  • 18%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?
    Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2024

Friendly, professional, explained controls very clearly. Great experience. I trust Abt products, sales associates, and the fine installation people! Prices always fair. Shopping experience always pleasant!

Pinned

Thank you Patricia, we appreciate your business!

Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

Ordered several components to upgrade my vehicle’s sound system - over $800.00 worth. ABT shipped and UPS lost the package. As I watch shipping for these items closely, I contact ABT to let them know that the package was missing (from my prior experience, likely stolen), and sure enough later that day I got an alert that ABT had filed a claim. To my surprise though, they only included 1 item from the order on the claims form; and I was told I would have to wait another 7-10 business days for UPS to get back with them. Only once they heard back from UPS, and/or received the items back (whichever was sooner I assume), they would then process the refund of my payment which would take an additional 5-7 business days.

I explained to them that though I realized it was UPS's error, that was not an acceptable option as I already had an appointment scheduled for the install and requested to cancel the order for a refund as they would not get here on time if the package was not found in the next 24 hours. I told them logically I didn't understand as they are taking no risks as the package, if found, was already directed return to sender. I was again told tough luck as those were their policies. So asked if they would ship me a replacement shipment as it may still arrive on time, and nope, that would be too much to ask unless I created and paid for a new order to replace this one. Because what kind of dumb*ss is going to pay you double for zero products! Seriously?

So, I then explained to them I would give UPS the 24 hours to try to locate the package and if not found by then (PER UPS- the additional 7-9 days are a "just in case" the package magically shows up somewhere) I would be filing a dispute with my credit card company as they have zero risk as they had already informed UPS to return the package to sender if/when found. It is absolutely ludicrous that I would have to wait for 14+ days for a refund for items I never received, had zero control of shipping issues, and that was labeled return to sender. As I said, I was willing to give it 24 hours in case the package by some miracle was located and would be delivered to me in the next couple of days - but they treated me like I was the one ripping them off! Are you kidding me!?

Here's the topper... the package was actually found a few hours later and would have been delivered to me the following day, but instead is now on its way back to ABT. They STILL REFUSE to refund me even with UPS closing the claim. I am now having to open a dispute with my credit card company to stop/refund payment, even though these thieves know it's on its way back per UPS. ABT has ZERO concerns/service for their customers and are straight up crooks!

Pinned

Hi Lala, Unfortunately we need to follow the claim process with UPS once a package is lost due to the insurance coverage. We issued a UPS Tracer on 1/4 and you filed a chargeback the same day. The package was located and not paid for due to the chargeback and a recall was issued. You were also given a full refund on 1/5. I am sorry you did not give us a chance to resolve this for you and get you your package.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2024

Ordering the new dishwasher was very easy online. The salesperson was knowledgeable and helpful. The delivery process was great. The timing was just as planned, and the two guys who delivered the dishwasher were really nice, professional, and did a great job. Thanks!

Beverly increased rating by 4 stars.
    After a positive interaction with Abt, Beverly increased their star rating on Dec. 22, 2023.

Updated review: Dec. 22, 2023

Matter handled very professionally. Thank you Dan.

Original Review: Dec. 10, 2023

Same panel burner knob keeps breaking. Newest knob about sixty days old. Not under warranty at 60 days. Knobs break in the same place each time. Now on knob #3. "Supervisor" not helpful at all. Pay another $50 was the theme. Abt has given us very good service on whatever we have purchased with them previously. Very disappointed and annoyed with the company.

He Beverly,
    Please give me a call direct at 847-544-2836. I would like to look into this knob issue and see what can be done to help.

Thank you, Dan Obradovic, General Manager

Profile pic of the author.
    Barb increased rating by 4 stars.
    Installation & SetupPrice
    After a positive interaction with Abt, Barb increased their star rating on March 19, 2024.

Updated review: March 19, 2024

After reading my last review, Abt reached out to me directly. They sent a tech out to check out the microwave and it was fixed as soon as the part arrived. Thank you for the great service I’ve come to expect after many years of being a loyal customer.

Original Review: Dec. 1, 2023

I bought a Kitchenaid oven and microwave/exhaust from ABT Electronics in 2019. I've had oddly small but irritating and expensive to fix issues with the microwave since installation. I don't think it is the unit itself, I think it is the installers. Within the first year, the overhead light in the microwave burnt out (used it very little). The screw was so tight I couldn't replace it and since it was so new I was worried about breaking something so I called ABT to come out. The repairman said this was a common problem - they screw the covers on too tight in assembly.

A few years later, the light burnt out so I tried to replace it but it apparently is not the bulb. It seems to be the wiring because it goes on sometimes. I called ABT and asked for sales to see about replacing it with a different brand. I was told that this was the only one that would match (I agreed) and that this exact style was the only replacement. When I told him the issue, he said microwaves were disposable and it would cost $300 to have them fix the problem and $700 to get a whole new unit.

I understand the recommendation but is it really necessary to replace an entire microwave for a light bulb when I had already paid for a tech to supposedly fix the light bulb? This is out of line and I am so disappointed in ABT electronics, which has been my go-to resources for 20 years and my parents' go-to for 50. I've been a loyal customer for years. Every appliance I have has been purchased from ABT, including my AC unit last summer. What a shame that I cannot recommend them to anyone after my recent experience.

Pinned

Hi Barb, I am sorry to hear about your recent service experience with us. Please call me direct at 847-544-2836. We should be able to take care of this or find a solution that works best for you. Thank you Dan Obradovic, General Manager

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2023

Sales folks were great. very smart and knowledgeable. Some many drones to buy and the sales girl knew each one and made it easy to pick one out. Excited about the purchase. Also ordered the doorbell plus. Love this store.

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2023

Brought a Bertazoni range oven and hood from ABT in March 2022. Exactly after one year the hood switch went off and been following up with ABT for almost 5 months with no luck. They just blame Berazoni for the backorder and don't mind to even pick calls. Post delivery service is worst I have seen so far.

Pinned

Hi Jubilian, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. Please call me at 847-544-2836, would like to resolve this for you and make sure you are taken care of. Thank you

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2023

I have used Abt before and had zero issues. But this time was different. And I will not use them again. They were unprofessional and apathetic. They called me in a "morning window" to give me an "afternoon window" of when they would show up. Lots of windows to sort through. But we got it. Everything seemed fine. The technician was very specific: "I will be there between 12-2pm." Fine.... Day goes by... and when it got to be be 2 pm... 2:30pm... 2:40 pm... without anyone showing up, OR (and this is what angers me)... ZERO text or phone call to let me know he was running behind, or frankly, even remembered my job to do... I had to call Abt to see what was up.

And that's the part of the story that is the most frustrating to me. NOT the running behind, (I get that some jobs take longer and the "window we give you is just an estimate")... so don't even try to respond with that nonsense to this review, you people at Abt... (But seriously, isn't that REALLY the whole point of giving customers a "window of time?")

I digress... The aspect of this story that really bothers me is the fact that I had to be the one to call Abt, to figure out what was going on. THEY never contacted ME. It would have been 3 pm (an hour outside the window) and I wouldn't have heard anything. And on top of that... they provided NO sincere apologies for having to wait all day. Or remorse for their lack of communication. A simple "our tech should have contacted you to let you know he was running behind" or "someone in our office should have contacted you to let you know the schedule was pushed back" would have been frustrating, but I would have understood more.

The tech said he would come at 4 pm. Again, he gave NO apologies for running behind, and NO apologies for NOT contacting me with a heads up of what was going on during his jobs/day. (Abt had to call HIM, so he could call ME). Because of my waiting, I had to cancel meetings and some work obligations, because of Abt. I asked a woman at Abt if they could waive, or somehow adjust the $80-something service charge they require for a tech just showing up... due to my inconvenience. After many lines of "our jobs take longer than we sometimes can anticipate"... and "that window is just an estimate"... she said "IF your job requires an additional part, we can take 20% off that."

So... let me get this straight, IFFFFF, I have to buy something from you (which isn't even guaranteed)... I get a 20% off whatever I have to buy?... WOW! WHAT A BONUS!... but also, let me get this straight... I get NOTHING REDUCED from the REQUIRED service charge... of a visit that is providing me NO SERVICE, unless you count making me wait all day, lose work obligations, and have to deal with zero remorse about your zero communication?

Nah... thanks but no thanks, Abt. I'll take my business elsewhere. And it all could have been solved by an apology, or... (gasp)... a phone call to let me know, "We know you've waited all day for our tech, I am so sorry, he is running behind, won't hit that window WE gave you... would you still be available later in the day, or like to reschedule?"... Do better with your customer service please, Abt. And understanding where your customers are frustrated. Listen. Adjust. I scheduled a different company. And will do so from here on out.

Pinned

Hi Lisa, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. I fully agree with you and I am sorry our tech dropped the ball here. If they are running late they are supposed to call and let customers know about their time window not being able to be met. I would be more than happy to waive the service call for the inconvenience. You can contact me direct at DanO@abt.com or 847-544-2836.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

Ordering on the phone was efficient and friendly. The price (window air conditioner) was excellent and I appreciated the free 2-day shipping. As it turns out, I had ordered the wrong air conditioner and had to return it. The return process was easy as pie and no questions asked, nor any "restocking" fee. Abt is fabulous.

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2023

I purchased a Frigidaire Air Conditioner in August 2022 and it started fine but would stop cooling after 4 minutes - tried to get it repaired and they gave me the runaround and sent me to Allstate Insurance and I am sitting here with new air conditioner that doesn't work properly.

Pinned

Hello, it sounds like an extended warranty was purchased with your air conditioner through Squaretrade/Allstate. If the manufacture warranty has expired we would refer you to your warranty. I would like to look into this and see what I can do to help, please call me at 847-544-2836. Thank you Dan Obradovic, General Manager.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupReliability

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

Anticipations soared upon my decision to acquire a refrigerator from ABT, driven in no small part by the echoes of their vaunted reputation for exemplary customer service. The congenial and obliging demeanor of Robert, the initial harbinger of customer interactions, further elevated these prospects. Regrettably, my overall odyssey through the domain of ABT underwent a precipitous descent, courtesy of their technicians' lamentable incapacity.

The initial delivery of the refrigerator unveiled conspicuous incongruities. The installation process was fraught with tribulations, spanning from a door askew to perplexing resonances. It felt as if we were confronted with a defective artifact straight from the packaging. This pivotal juncture marked the commencement of a sequence of visits by their technicians, the multiplicity of which was notable.

We persevered through a total of seven instances of technician intervention within our abode, nurturing a fervent optimism that they would ultimately rectify the deficiencies. Alas, it evolved into an unceasing cycle of disillusionment, wherein they endeavored to adjust diverse components, replacing some in earnest pursuit of a solution. A novel refrigerator was even introduced into our domicile at one juncture, yet, irrespective of the multiplicity of efforts, the issues persevered with disconcerting tenacity.

The inability of a company to effectively install a refrigerator despite subjecting a customer to seven technician visits is, indeed, a puzzling predicament. The attendant frustration and inconveniences were patently untenable. We were compelled to reconfigure our schedules, forfeit gainful labor hours, and grapple with the incessant disruptions occasioned by the technicians' domicile intrusions.

Even subsequent to this protracted series of interventions, the refrigerator remained obstinately inoperative, refusing to conform to its intended functionality. The door alignment persisted in a state of disarray, and the disconcerting rattle endured as an ever-present refrain. At this stage, my faith in ABT's capacity to deliver a product of commendable quality, alongside proficient technical support, has been irrevocably shaken. The evident lack of requisite expertise among their technicians to execute even rudimentary installation tasks is a glaring indictment.

I would earnestly caution those contemplating a transaction with ABT to exercise due circumspection. While the veneer of amiability in their initial customer interactions may allure, the palpable dearth of competence on the technical front constitutes a stark and disconcerting concern. My personal encounter has metamorphosed into a nightmarish tableau, a circumstance I would not wish upon any discerning consumer. I beseech you to spare yourself such tribulations and explore alternative avenues that hold paramount the tenets of quality and dependable service.

Pinned

Nathan - We do our best to take care of the customer. Sorry, you feel this way and feel the need to create fake reviews using GPT Chat, fake names, and make blackmail demands. We tried working with you and obviously, we can't make you happy. Our resolution isn't acceptable to Nathan, he has made an ultimatum and implied he will continue creating GPT reviews. We feel our offer is more than fair and will not be subjected to any more threats.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

Orders get cancelled without notice a day after being placed and charged. Customer service does not answer the phone. Live Chat is unhelpful and misleading and apparently not even connected to the company. And when you finally do get through via email you get some completely idiotic and asinine scripted explanation of policies. No apologies offered for time wasted. Idiotic suggestions about wiring them funds for the transaction. Don't waste your time.

Pinned

Hi Mark, We would like to clarify some facts. We have an order processing system that flags certain orders before shipping to protect us and our customers. You order's billing address did not match the credit card, shipping address was also not on file, and the phone number you entered was to a freight forwarding company. When we called to verify you refused to go through our verification process and only wanted to use Google Chat. This is why your order was voided.

Reviewed March 28, 2023

Purchased new refrigerator on 12/29/2022. The Freezer door was damaged and I requested the door replacement or $300 (based on our research of the same refrigerator sold by another vendor as open item). After waiting for about two months they called and set up the appointment in another 3 weeks. When they came on 3/24/2023 to replace the door, they finally check the color which ended up to be black instead of white. Later that day I received the new invoice from them that contained wording that I need black door (seriously!?) and my signature was purged. Called today and they told me maybe getting the door on the April 7th with further date for installation. I just want to be done (so simply pay me $300) with it as I can't time off work to accommodate Abt schedule.

Pinned

Hi Yevgeniy, I am sorry for the delay and error in replacing your door. I have located your order and we should receive the correct door this Friday. I will send our technician out Saturday 4/1 to take care of this for you. Please let me know if a different day works better for you.

Dan Obradovic
    General Manager

847-544-2836

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

Turnaround time from in stock inventory to delivery was two days. I did everything exclusively online. The process was probably the most easiest experience I’ve ever had, not only buying a major appliance, but ordering anything online whatsoever. All my needs and concerns about the time and flexibility of delivery in which it would be delivered were addressed and taken into consideration with my schedule in mind. The delivery team was profoundly courteous and professional. They took the time to explain everything they were doing and updated me throughout the entire installation process. I could not be happier with my experience(s) interacting with Abt. I will definitely refer all of my friends, as well as be a return customer in the future, without question. This is what the standard in customer service industry should hope to obtain at every level. THANK YOU!!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCoverage

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2023

The team was great with communication and timing of delivery. They worked hard to get our kitchen installed and did great with the challenges our tiny access ways presented them. They even pointed out the fridge didn't have any wheel locks but put shims in place to keep it still. They let us know that our vent outside needs some attention to keep cold air out. Clean-up could have been better, and the cover on the back of the stove isn't fastened properly (easily seen by me as a fairly tall man, my wife did not notice it.) Overall though I think they did a good job - even though we may need someone to come back out in the near future.

Pinned

Hi Kevin, Please call me direct at 847-544-2836. Would be happy to have someone come out and make sure the install is correct. Thank you Dan Obradovic, General Manager

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2023

The delivery guys were outstanding. They called to give us a delivery window, and called again when they were on the way. They were very careful and respectful of our home, answered all our questions, and did a first-class professional job. We are pleased in every respect.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2023

Tech called and said time frame was between 11-3 pm. I mentioned I had to pick up my kids from school at 2:00. Tech called and said, "We will be at your location by 11am!!" Phenomenal service!! Delivery & install techs were efficient and very helpful explaining the operation of the Bosch dishwasher. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2023

Joshua and his trainee were amazing! From my experience with other companies the installers would come in and put up the tv. Joshua asked how I would like the tv installed, reviewed how the previous tv was installed with the pictures I took and asked me many questions which determined how the tv would be mounted with my other AV components. Joshua measured, leveled and confirmed my tv was centered with the soundbar and fireplace. This is my second ABT purchase and installation, by far beats the competiton. Thanks Mat (Sales) for answering my questions quickly and assisting me on which TV to purchase. This is my second large purchase with Mat and I couldn’t be happier. Joshua thanks for the great customer service and making sure I was happy with the setup.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2023

Amazing delivery drivers! Couldn't have ask for a better team of delivery personnel. They were courteous, helpful and efficient. This was my first experience with Abt and with the wonderful experience we had, we will be going back to Abt for future purchases.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2022

Thank you for the quick delivery and the extra service provided by the driver, Martin ** on truck 1075. The unit was a bit heavier than expected and I was having difficulty getting it up the stairs to my unit. Martin came in and took the oven up the stairs for me. Thank you very much.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2022

Kris was prompt, courteous, friendly, efficient, careful, thorough, respectful: all the qualities most desirable in a delivery/installation person. I told him he made me want to buy all future appliances from Abt.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2022

During a recent appliance delivery, the delivery team arrived during the expected delivery window and was very helpful in explaining the delivery & set up process. The team was very caring with my home and made sure to cover their shoes when entering. After the appliance was set up and ready, the delivery team walked me through all the information about the appliance that I would need to read through the manual to find out otherwise. The delivery team at Abt is always great and reliable, which is what keeps us coming back.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2022

Sorry cannot place negative numbers; when installed lower oven started to produce strange sound every time it turned on. Technician told us "watch for couple hours "and left. Now we paid money for professional installation, not for friendly advice.

Pinned

Hi Eduard, Please give me a call at 847-544-2836. We can come take a look at the defective unit or exchange it for you. Thank you Dan O, GM

Price

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2022

It was a great product for a fantastic price and was delivered earlier than expected in good condition. I shopped this product through several different website and this was the best price and delivery time available. Will buy again from ABT Appliances.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2022

Ordered online, very simple, good updates on delivery. Very fast delivery. Delivery driver was so pleasant, polite, and helpful. The driver made my new TV a great, I was very happy with the entire experience regarding ABT.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2022

Phone calls for delivery windows were helpful to plan my day. Delivery time was on schedule. Abt staff was courteous and friendly. They took great care to move the upright freezer to the basement without acquiring any nicks or damage to the walls or the freezer. I did not pay the extra fee for installation but they put things together and would have connected it if my husband had finished the new electrical box. They never complained about the many steps up the front porch or to the basement. The guys did a great job, and I would not hesitate in ordering from ABT in the future. Wonderful experience!

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2022

Excellent experience with the three individuals who delivered and installed my new stove, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator yesterday. They were all friendly, professional and worked very hard to make sure that everything went smoothly. Any packing material was gathered and taken back to the truck when they left which was appreciated. A few additional things about the icemaker, glass window on the oven, etc. were pointed out to me before they left. Overall I was very pleased with my experience and the professionalism of the installers/delivery people.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2022

Ethan and his crew were terrific at their job. They were courteous and friendly, but most importantly, they took great care with my new appliances. They were so professional, and careful of my walls. I was kept up to date on my delivery time, and everything arrived in the time window that was promised. I was even thanked for being an Abt customer. This is why we keep coming back every time.

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2022

I can buy appliances anywhere. I've been buying them from Abt for decades because of the great customer service, and the professionalism of their delivery/installation technicians. This time was no exception. Abt strives to provide complete customer satisfaction - and once again, they've succeeded.

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2022

Our microwave needed replacement. Ordered online and received microwave within a week. Installation was seamless. Both delivery men were great. Friendly, professional & thorough. Abt comes to the rescue again. We have been clients for 40 years and wouldn’t think of going anywhere else.

Abt Company Information