3.9/5 (232 ratings)

About Abt

Abt Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Abt?

Original review: March 24, 2021

I contacted ABT that my Mastercard was used for a fraudulent purchase. They couldn't help me at all. I gave them the exact amount of the purchase (not authorized by me) over $900 and they couldn't help me, maybe someone who works there is doing fraudulent activity.

Abt response

Hi Thomas, I am sorry to hear your credit card was used in a fraudulent purchase. You can contact our security manager Erik D at 847-954-4103 for any information. Thank you

Resolution response: March 15, 2021

After getting a call back from one of the "higher ups" at ABT I was offered the MacBook Pro I wanted at a reduced price. Granted it wasn't the advertised price but they did give me a substantial discount. I was grateful for that. I will probably do business with them in the future.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I purchased a new MacBook Pro on Abt's website. When I received the emailed invoice the product description was completely wrong. I called and their response was, "Let me check". Basically, they went to their own website to "check" and started reading me the description from the site. I said "yes, that's exactly what I ordered but the invoice shows different specs." Then I was called by someone in a different department telling me that my order had already shipped and that the specs on the invoice are correct. I replied "the specs on the page of the website is what I ordered. Not what's showing on the invoice!" I was then told I would have to pay an additional $1300 to get the laptop with the specs I wanted. Unbelievable. Can you say "bait and switch"? First and last times I will do business with Abt...

Abt response

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your purchase experience. It is rare our website has product errors but it does happen sometimes. If you would like to return the MacBook we can take it back for a FULL REFUND. We are not in the business of "bait and switch" tactics. We have been in business over 85 years. If you would like to call me I can see what we can do on the model you are looking at or if you would like I can send you a return label. My direct line is 847-544-2836 Thank you Dan O, GM

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I ordered an appliance from them and was given an estimated delivery date. The shipper, Pilot, then gave me a specific date. They missed it, and when I called I got the stupid "your call is very important to us..." nonsense. (Yes, just not important enough to answer). I chatted with someone at Abt and she said she'd get back to me, but she never did. I have no idea when or if I will ever receive the appliance.

Abt response

Hello, my name is Dan O and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry about your shipping experience with us and if you can call me direct at 847-544-2836 I would like to look into this and get your product out to you ASAP. Thank you

Hi Dan, I am sorry I never heard from you. If you need any help please give me a call. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

We've chose ABT Electronics to buy a vacuum because we've had really good experiences with them before! So after buying Dyson cordless vacuum V11 and paying full price for it we came home and opened the box! The bag had full of dirt in it and it wasn't a brand new one! Very disappointed. I called ABT and the CSR said it's a brand new product! Really? She didn't even apologize for it, if it was brand new, how come the bag was full of dirt! It's disgusting especially now with all this virus thing going on! Very disappointed with ABT.

Abt response

Hi Gana, I am sorry you received a used vacuum from us. Our returns dept should have caught this and should have never been put back to stock. If you can call me direct at 847-544-2836 I can have someone swap this out for you ASAP. Thank you Dan Obradovic

Resolution response: Jan. 3, 2021

I was contacted by the manager and he was able to arrange for a replacement of both appliances to be sent to me. Both arrived the week of New Year's eve and I was able to get them installed and tested and they are working without any issues.

My takeaways is to always inspect the deliveries before the delivery person leaves...no matter how much they seem to be in a hurry and you are taking up their time. Always make sure to get white glove delivery or read the fine print or contact the vendor and get a detailed description of how your items will be delivered. Threshold delivery is nonsense when you have a 300 lbs appliance to move and install. I am now satisfied with my purchase and the services I received from ABT.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Before making any purchases online, I do my research, I compare reviews about each product and make my decision on what to purchase, then I look at which company has a solid reputation and also price. In this case I went with ABT. I placed my orders online as I did not want to go in to a store during all that is happening. I did run into a Famous Tate to quickly to see each item personally and I was happy with what I saw. I looked into ABT and saw many good reviews, but also saw a few bad ones. But I gave them a chance. I placed my order Nov 29th for a refrigerator, a range, a over the range microwave and a dishwasher. All were major upgrades to what I currently have and each were the latest and greatest technology. So you can see how excited the entire family was with this purchase.

It took some time but I started to see info on shipping of each appliance. What caught me by surprise was that they were not coming in one shipment and also not from one delivery company. I received my microwave and was waiting for my other appliances to come in so I can get them installed in one sitting instead of having multiple visits from an installer. A few days later I received dishwasher and I was expecting the range and the refrigerator, but only got the dishwasher. I decided to go ahead and start installing before Hanukkah. The microwave was installed and tested. Then I unpacked the dishwasher and gather all parts. But noticed that the door was not opening all the way. After inspecting it thoroughly, I noticed some damaged at the bottom corner of the door which bent it in a way that it would get caught and prevent the door from opening.

While this was happening I got the range delivered to my house. Once it was set in my kitchen, I noticed two holes in the box. The delivery guy left and I went back to dealing with the dishwasher. I called ABT customer support and asked about my fridge...which the CSR response to me made me worried.... "Refrigerator?...(silence)...I will look into this and get back to you".... Then I mentioned the bent door, and the immediate response was that I had to call Samsung and deal with them. Mind you, I never had any dealings with Samsung, I purchased a brand new appliance from ABT and I would expect them to fix any issues I run into before I even have the appliance installed.

I realized that Abt was not wiling to do much about the damaged appliance so I left it at that and tried to "fix" the issue myself. Cosmetically, the issue is still there, but I got the door to close and I went ahead and installed it. So then I decided I needed to inspect the range.... I did not want to open the box as it seems like it would be pretty hard to seal it back up in case I need to send it back to Abt. I put my hand through the holes and felt some dents. I contacted Abt and I was told they need pictures of the damage to assess what the next step would be. I was told that if I opened the box, I would be responsible to get it packaged back up properly for them...so I complied and opened the box.

Good thing I did, that dent was bad...the entire side of the range was bent in at least 1.5 inches. It looked like a fork lift went thru the box and hit the range with such a force that it might have bent the inside of the range as well. The range is not usable....and I was told by the At CSR that they will contact me after they made up their mind if my damages are worth their time. It has been a 2 days and our Hanukkah celebration got ruined. 2 out of 4 appliances were delivered damaged and 1 is missing in action.

I am now very nervous about getting another appliance, which is the most expensive one, with damages and have to deal with returning them and mess up my entire holidays celebration. Needless to say, the joy of getting something new morphed into feeling fear and being mislead. I just hope Abt will fix this without me having to jump through hoops as I did nothing wrong. I just wanted to celebrate the holidays without all of this unnecessary stress.

Abt response

Hi Gilberto, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I am sorry to hear about your experience with us and some of the appliances arriving damaged. Please call me direct at 847-544-2836 and I would be more than happy to exchange them for you. Thank you

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Delivery was fast and the dehumidifier is GREAT! I also purchased an air purifier from Abt and continued buying charcoal filters from them. Great company! I also purchased binoculars for bird watching. All their products are great!

Resolution response: Dec. 8, 2020

Abt quickly reconciled and were able to work with the vendor to get the issue resolved. Whereas I'm not happy per se, it was good to see the Abt managers mobilize quickly to fix the situation.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I used Abt to set up the AV at my new house and have to admit being disappointed. They offer a nice package but it's useless if they don't set up the remotes correctly. Also, the Sony TV I was recommended at $3k already has a line running down the side and of course it's 15mo after purchase so there is no warranty nor support from Abt. When I look at other reviews, it seems to be an issue and whereas I wouldn't expect Abt to necessarily provide a free TV, I would expect a lot more than an offer of $99 to let me know how much it would cost to fix. This is my first time using Abt, and I really expected more.

Abt response

Hi Keith, my name is Dan Obradovic and I am one of the General Managers here at Abt. I would like to look into your purchase and see what the issue is with the remote controls. Have you called us at all about them not working? Every TV comes with a 1 year warranty and we do offer extended warranties up to 5 years. If your TV is out of warranty we can diagnose the issue and get Sony involved to see if anything can be done to help. Please call me direct at 847-544-2836. Thank you

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I ordered a microwave, and a couple of hours after my wife asks about a different microwave. So I get on chat to see if I can edit and change the microwave I ordered, or cancel it and reorder. I was told by the CS person that it was already shipped, so no edits, and if I canceled and reordered I couldn't use my promo code ($25) again. I told her it didn't make much sense, but if that's the case...I don't want to cancel. Our microwave had died, and we were out of a micro. Everything seems fine, and then the day it's supposed to be delivered I checked with UPS and it's been re-routed BACK TO SENDER?!? It seems even after I told her not to cancel, she did anyways. My wife was pissed!

Obviously, I called customer service and asked to talk to a manager. I will admit that I was upset, but I didn't scream and I kept it under control. In the end, I got $40 off the microwave and have to wait an extra (7) days! But, that's not the best part...Every time I talked to customer service I got some salty gal, acting like all this was my fault!!!

Abt response

Hi James, I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you had regarding your microwave purchase. If you can please call me direct at 847-544-2836 I would like to see what I can do to help and get you your discount and microwave. Thank you Dan Obradovic-General Manager

Resolution response: Jan. 1, 2021

I have been notified that the owner now stays off the floor since he doesn’t wear a mask. I was told he doesn’t wear a mask for medical reasons.... As I wrote before all customers and salespeople wore masks. I have patronized ABT for years because of fair prices and excellent service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

ABT ELECTRONICS. 1200 N Milwaukee, Glenview, Ill. Value your health....don’t go there. I have patronized ABT for years. Fair prices and beyond excellent service. I was there today. Busy with patrons and sales people, well spaceD and everyone wearing a mask. EXCEPT THE OWNER RICKY ABT! He was the ONLY person walking through out the store no mask. Not in a pocket, or on a wrist or hanging from an ear. NO MASK! I asked an associate and she said, "You don’t want to go there. So it may be unlikely that you will get sick." BUT I WON'T GO BACK DURING THE PANDEMIC. OBVIOUSLY HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THE SCIENCE OR JUST DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN. Pass this on please.

Resolution response: July 28, 2020

The company called me and there was a misunderstanding on how the return policy works. Thank you for accepting my exchange. Now that stress is off my shoulders. Thank you again!

Original review: July 26, 2020

I bought a Mavic Mini on 7/14/2020. Got it out the box assembled it and the drone was defective. I called ABT thinking it would be a hassle free exchange. I have NEVER heard of a no return policy after 1 day of purchase. They denied my return and now I’m stuck with a $500 drone that I have to pay $300 out of pocket to fix! My advice to everyone stay FAR away from ABT. Amazon is the best online source and I should have went with Amazon to begin with!

Abt Company Information