6th Avenue Express (formerly 6th Avenue Electronics)

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Before I begin be wary of any customer service line that's only available during the hours of 10am to 3pm (5 hrs) weekdays only. Also if you are being transferred to a "manager" and it last longer than 10min get ready for a doozy of an explanation. I purchased this item on a Monday 7:30am (1 week ago). Before I made the order, it stated that the item had more than 10 available and the location is the U.S.A. Granted it gave a shipping date as little as 3 days to approx 14 days to receive. When I was about make the purchase, I made sure to locate where the store is. Once I found out that it is in the east coast, I figured most likely even in ground shipping it won't take but a few days. So the 3 day window was a time I felt I would get it (boy was I wrong).

When the next day past, I looked in my eBay account and saw no action has been made. 24 hrs has past and still no update! I contacted customer service and this guy tells me that the product is unavailable in stock and they are waiting for more product later in the week. I explain to him that as we spoke, it is showing that the item is available on eBay. There is nothing stating that the item is backordered. I hung up and began to write them a later via eBay. Not two hours later, I received a notice that a label was made and item was shipped out.

I waited two days and it's still showing on UPS that no item has yet been dropped off to them to be shipped. I called the company again, was transferred to their "manager" which took about 10min on hold. Her response was classic. Apparently, the camera is in stock. However, the product they got is in Japanese language. How a company of that size can mess up an order and get Japanese language is beyond me. Nevertheless, why not let the customer know that something was screwed up. Which her response was, "Well you know that before you made the order, you had a 3 day to 14 day window" which I responded back saying "Well ma'am while you are correct, let's say for humor sake if the item "wasn't" in Japanese language when will my shipment be sent out?" She said, "Immediately." After that I hung up. It seems if the company messes up, we as a consumer suffers.

I've ordered from places in California using ground. It didn't take more than 3 days. Why a company that keeps stating they have warehouse all over the country, will ship an item and it will take probably 2 weeks is beyond me. Fyi: apparently if a company prints a label out, doesn't necessary mean they have to ship it out right away. I was told over the phone they can send it out anytime they feel like it. My first and last time I will ever use this company. Utter nonsense. Update: It's been already a week and no shipment has been sent out.

I purchased a camera with accessories from their eBay store. On testing the camera it proved defective. While they "stated" they would refund the camera, they have stalled for two weeks about getting the shipping label to me for the refund. eBay only keeps documentation now so you have to skip them and go directly to PayPal and your credit card company for best results. I also filed a detailed account with http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey.

I paid for an extend warranty that I can't use. The 46-inch Toshiba is not working. Paid for the TV $1,499.00 plus warranty $199.00 plus tax, a total of $1,818.00.

My DVD surround system to my 55inch 3d TV is not working since last year. I went back to the store and it was closed. I brought an extended warranty for 3 years. I don't have sound. I paid $3,500 for something I can't use.

I'm having problems with the TV. The surround system stopped working. I paid for a 3-year insurance plan for $359 and now, all the stores are closed. What can I do?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 6th Avenue Electronics?

In September 2011, I purchased an LG TV from 6th Ave Electronics on Rt. 1, Woodbridge, NJ. I also purchased a 5-year extended warranty - $149.99, covered by Consumer Priority Service (CPS) in Brooklyn, NY. Just the other day, I was looking through my online account with CPS & I see that my warranty is now void. I sent CPS an email asking why my warranty is now void. I received their reply: "The warranties have been voided because although you paid for the warranties, the dealer did not pay us for them. And we did not inform any of the customers affected." So now, I paid for something I'm not getting. Very poor business practice on the part of 6th Ave Electronics & CPS. Is there anything I can do to get my money back?

On 10/03/09, I purchased a 46" Toshiba plasma TV. It had a one-year manufacturer's warranty, and I paid $199.99 for an additional 3-year warranty. In September 2012, the TV needed repair. I was unable to reach 6th Avenue Electronics and their warranty service department at 15 Stern Ave., Springfield, NJ, 07081, since they closed all their stores and offices. There were no telephone numbers or e-mail addresses to make contact. I called Toshiba. They said their 1-year warranty had expired and they would not help me. Help me get the needed repairs or refund for my warranty costs. I have been cheated. Many thanks.

I purchased a 58 inch Plasma TV in June '09 from 6th Avenue Electronics for $1,899.00 and an extended warranty for another $300.00 from the Lake Grove Store. Now I have a broken TV with a board burned out inside and a Plasma screen that is no good. I was charged $120.00 just for a repair guy to show up, only to be told that the burned out board and the plasma screen which is not good cost about $1,700.00 to repair. The TV is not worth fixing. What do I do? I'm out with the whole value of my purchase. This is criminal and something has to be done. Please, have someone help us.

I bought a 52" inch Sony TV back on 03/28/2009 along with a 4-Year Extended warranty for $350.00. Now, my TV needs to be fixed, since the company is under default, what are my rights as a consumer? You can't just walk away from your responsibilities as a business. There needs to be checks and balances to protect the consumers. I paid almost $2,000.00 for this item along with the protection, so can someone please get back to me. If 6th Ave would assume the responsibilities, then Sony should step in.

I bought my 46-inch plasma Samsung TV in July of last year from 6th Avenue store in Lake Grove, Long Island. I paid $400 for that TV and an extended warranty for $299. I was watching TV with my daughter when it went blank with a blue screen. I didn't know what to do. My wife and I, we searched for the receipts and found them. I looked for a number to call in those receipts and I did not find a number to call. I went to the store I bought the TV from to find out that the place was close. I searched online for any store in NY and all stores in NY were close. I saw a few stores in NJ and I called them up. They never responded to their phone. All of us who were victimized by that fraud should call the Better Business Bureau to make our voice heard and to look for freelance lawyer to help us. I'm stuck with a broken TV. Please help us, somebody, anybody.

I had purchased a 46" LED TV. Since I had purchased it in 2011 at the 6th Avenue Electronics store in Jersey City, NJ, I have had problems. I called to have it serviced and no one answers the phone numbers I called. The warranty department does not answer the phone. I had left messages, but no call back. I had paid a warranty of $299.99. I was told that they went out of business. What can I do to get my money refunded? And my warranty? I hope that there is a lawyer who will take all of us customers who have been ripped off by 6th Avenue. Please help! Thank you.

46 inch Panasonic Vierra plasma TV - I purchased this TV from 6th Ave Electronics in May 2010 and less than two years later, we heard a loud pop and there is no longer a picture. The TV is worthless! Of course, we know 6th Ave is out of business and have no recourse! How can a TV break in less than two years and it wasn't abused?

My 55" TV purchased in November 2010 is not turning on. I dug out my receipt to contact 6th Avenue Electronics since I purchased an extended warranty, only to find out that they are no longer in business and are not honoring the extended warranty. I was never offered an option to purchase a warranty from another company, so now I am stuck. Help!

I bought a TV in August of '09 with a 4-year extended bulb warranty. My bulb burned out and I cannot reach them. I know they went out of business, but I was not informed who would be servicing their warranties. I paid an additional 400 dollars for the warranty. I did not receive an email, letter or phone call from anyone associated with them informing me what I should do when they went out of business. Please help me because right now, that 400 dollars means a lot to me.

I purchased an LG 53" TV from 6th Ave Electronics. I got a two-year warranty and for $399.99, I purchased a 4-year warranty extension which would cover my TV until September of 2012. On Saturday, March 31, 2012, the TV stopped working. I now find that all of the 6th Ave. Electronic stores are closed. I called the maker of the TV, LG Electronics, and they state they are not responsible and I must deal with the store who sold the product. 6th Ave has apparently closed all their stores. They do not answer the phone listed on their website.

I purchased a Toshiba 46" 1080P HD LCD TV in December 2008 with a four-year warranty ($200.00). Now, we are experiencing colored vertical lines in the TV and there is no way to get in touch with anyone for service or warranty information.

Not honoring their extended warranty - I purchased an LG TV from 6th Avenue and purchased an extended warranty for four years. My TV broke down and they are nowhere to be found or contacted. All phone numbers are off and all stores are close

I bought av LCD TV from 6th Avenue in Jersey City. 9 months later, it won't turn on. I bought extended warranty from them and now there is no way of contacting them. How do I get my money back for the warranty? Because I think I was scammed. I believe they knew they were going out of business and scammed people out of extended warranty money, when they knew they couldn't deliver.

I bought an LG TV at 6th Avenue 2010. Now, I have a problem. I hope I don't get any problem to get it fixed.

I brought a Kicker solo baric L7 speaker. It had a one year warranty and the speaker froze up after three months of usage. When I emailed the company to let them know that I needed my speaker fixed, the issue was there is only a 30 day warranty on their goods. When I brought the speaker, it had on the receipt "one year". I called Kicker and they said that 6th Avenue Electronics was not an authorized dealer and now I'm out of 400 dollars. This is not good business to advertise products. They're not going to honor the warranty.

My TV needs to be serviced and the company Sixth Ave Electronics is not in business anymore. I paid for extended warranty. TV was picked up in 11/2010 with a paid three-year warranty from Sixth Ave for $49.99 as payment. I now have to take it for repair. I'm out $75.

I purchased a 42" LCD Zenith TV with 3 years extended warranty from 6th Avenue on April 25, 2009. On February 24, 2012 the TV started to experience color issues. I called 6th Avenue and no one answered, so I decided to go to the store, only to find out the store had gone out of business. The warranty card mention of an address where the TV can be repaired: Warranty Service Department, 15 Stern Ave., Springfield, NJ 07081. No phone number. I drove there to find out that company had gone out of business also. As of now TV is broke and now I have to find a place to repair it. I hope I can get reimbursed the cost to repair or get my money back from the warranty I paid for.

I purchase extra insurance with my TV. Now they are not there anymore. Something is wrong with it and I don't know where to go. I tried to call them but no answer.

Hitachi 42" plasma HDTV 4-year warranty - The TV does not stay on and keeps shutting off. I called the store where we purchased it in Carl Place, NY to discover all 6th Ave Electronic stores have left Long Island, NY. I even called their stores in New Jersey for guidance on how to get my TV fixed, which is still under warranty until this Sept of 2012. No one answered. I wrote to the corporate address by email to no avail. Again, no answer. I then found the website of consumers complaints to see that I am not the only one with a problem with them. We should file a class action suit as there seems to be no other recourse. They took our money and left us holding inferior products and worthless warranties. I thought New York had laws to cover this type of business tactics? They should all go to jail. Who else do we need to contact to correct this robbery?

We bought a 50 LG TV from the E Brunswick store in 2009 with 4 years warranty. In February 2012, the TV would not power on. Cannot reach any of the stores to use warranty to repair TV. Very dissatisfied.

I bought a 52" Toshiba TV back in February of 2010. I bought a three-year extended warranty at the same time. I am having problems with pixilation and would like to get it fixed before it goes completely. But I am having a hard time getting in touch with the company. When I call the numbers, no one answers. I think once they knew that they were going out of business, they should have informed us of where or who we could contact when we need repairs.

I bought two eMachine laptops and insurance, both E527, last Christmas at Crale Pace locale on 6th Ave card with extras, extended computer service and repair warranty. I am trying to get such paid for service. I have yet to be contacted by them (6th Ave or eMachines). Time is of the essence as my college age children use them for advanced courses at their schholls. ..Suny Albany needs to use eMachine laptop for web-based class. Without laptop, they will fail and not reach full earned potential and attitude.

Please contact me. The plan is to go to 6th Ave store in NYC tomorrow, Sunday 2l12/12 to get immediate paid for service. Please advise. Thanks for the care, concerns and guidance. Please, again, don't hesitate to contact to arrange much needed repairs and to reestablish faith in 6the Ave retailer. Furthermore, the store has been our family's exclusive computer/electronics go to store. Please send helpful advise as I have been pulling out hairs for son!

In November 2010, I bought a Toshiba 40E200U 40" 1080p LCD HDTV from 6th Ave., electronic Jersey City location. Additionally, I purchased a 5-year extended warranty. I am having an issue with my TV and need to know if I am able to use my warranty, but I have not been able to contact the store to confirm if the warranty is still valid. Could you ascertain whether or not they are still in business? Thank you.

6th Ave Electronics is out of business and I am out $149.99 for extended warranty and I am convinced that I was sold a used TV. How do I get my $149.99 back?

I purchased a 55-inch Panasonic Plasma television with a 3-year in-home warranty for an additional $299.99. The television would power up with no picture. Nothing but snow and black lines across half the TV with the rest of the screen black. We began calling all the store locations. The only location we could get to actually speak to someone was in New Jersey. I had purchased this TV in Delaware. They told to come in to the store and they will give us a new TV. The only store open was over two hours away and that was not the resolution and I wanted my in-home warranty service. The following day, the internet then reported all stores were closed. I am left with a broken $1700.00 TV and an empty warranty for $299.99!

6th Avenue Express (formerly 6th Avenue Electronics) Company Profile