1.3/5 (73 ratings)

About 6th Ave Electronics

6th Ave Electronics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 6th Ave Electronics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 6th Ave Electronics?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I ordered a $1200.00 Nikon camera from their eBay store which they had listed as 'in stock' when every other major camera retailer on the planet had it as 'not available' or 'not in stock'. I'm a pro photographer and this was something different and not a camera I usually keep in my arsenal, but I had read the reviews and thought it might be a good fit. Turns out it wasn't, but that wasn't the problem. The problem began when I used eBay's return policy and returned the camera. eBay supplied the return labels and paperwork and I packed it up and shipped it back.

Two days later I get notification from eBay that the refund has been issued but not for the full amount. eBay then said if I wanted to challenge their claim, to do so. They refunded $884.00 with the claim that the camera was returned with a scratch on the screen. It wasn't. The camera was in as pristine condition as when I received it. What these folks didn't know is whenever I need to return an item, I take photos of it from every possible angle and save them as proof of condition. I shared those with eBay. eBay said they will investigate and give me a response in 24-48 hours. 30 minutes later eBay provided the balance of the refund that was held back and closed the case in my favor.

Evidently this is a favorite trick of this outlet. Once they have the merchandise back in their hands, they can claim all kinds of damage to it, blame the consumer, who can't prove otherwise and make money on returned items. Their return history with eBay indicates it is a common practice with them. Beware of this company. You may not even realize you are dealing with them as they sell on eBay, Amazon, Walmart and several other online sales venues. Read the small print on these sites to see who the seller is. If you see '6ave' as the seller name, I'd suggest you steer clear and find the item somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

It's close to Christmas really close for me and I found the iPad bundle on Walmart.com. I ordered it thinking I could trust the Walmart brand name but I was wrong. Walmart says I can send the bundle back for a refund. It's close to Christmas and this is the gift I was looking for over a week ago... so will I find it again? Who knows! I'm keeping the tablet but scammer is how I feel about 6th Avenue Electronics. They opened the bundle and STOLE the Apple Pencil before shipping the deconstructed remainder to me. So I lost about $140 after I purchase the pencil from somewhere else. The sad part is now I distrust Walmart.com because they are allowing this company to bamboozle their loyal customers. So Disappointed.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I recently ordered over $3000 worth of product from 6th Ave, selected “do not require signature” as we are in a pandemic without the small biz bandwidth to have people on-site for deliveries, provided the door code, and still they enforced a signature and would not deliver without it...not even after a 3 way call with Fedex itself. I understand they want to protect themselves but my health and my purchase are my right and yet, they would rather compromise the sale and safety of my staff for an in-person exchange. Needless to say, I won’t be ordering from them again.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I ordered a new computer from Walmart not realizing this was a third party situation. I cannot return it at the store and 6Ave won't even call me back. I really hope someone cracks down on companies like this. Or, maybe karma will take care of them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

6ave is a con artist. They intentionally scam a small percentage of buyers to make up the margin. The majority of buyers would not have problems, but a small number of us will be victims for sure. That's their business model. That's how they undercut everyone's prices. Guess what, I bought from them many times without problem and finally my number is up. Just got scammed. They sent a defective Canon RF 24-105mm and claim the returned RF 24-105mm's serial number does not match (they accused me of switching the lens), which is a blatant lie, 1000% false. Now it makes sense.

What they're doing is criminal. When we buy from these guys, we take a chance with our money and support their unethical business practice. No more from me for sure! They're at this for a long time they know the system. They invent documentation/s for disputes. If you go to disputes with eBay, Rakuten... etc, they show their phony document/s and you are screwed. Stay away. A federal investigation is necessary. State authority must look into this business! How do we start one?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I bought this magic keyboard Swedish from 6th Ave Electronics on Google Express. Some key did not work and I contacted Apple and provided the serial number of this keyboard. Unfortunately the serial number on the product is not in Apple's system and obviously company is selling fake product. When I contacted them they said the product is beyond return time. That is ok but they wanted to provided me with another serial number which did not belong to this product and asked me to claim it with Apple. It's totally dishonest merchant and please avoid buying from them in the future.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I understand that most companies have a (blank) percentage re-stocking fee... But at 30%?!?! That is STEALING from the customer! There was no disclosure when I bought it! And even after returning the item, in new condition, they would not return it! I could have sold it for almost as much as they wanted it, and I would not have lost $300+ dollars!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH B&H OR ADORAMA!!! They do care about the customer, and do not try to rip you off on any returns you may have.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Lack of disclosure. FRAUD. Claim was filed with SquareTrade. Information from Square Trade they had a different purchaser and different Email. Copy of payment mailed out by Square Trade did not have my signature or mailing address. Identity Fraud, Deceptive practices. Samsung advised not covered not aUTHORIZED SELLER. SQUARE TRADE NOT COVERED DUE TO PREVIOUS claim FILED. Name, address, product did not match my purchase or name Reported to FTC. They should be banned from selling on eBay. Anybody with a problem should flood FTC with letters, emails, letter to ABC Action news. Hit them where it hurts. eBay feedback is false. Read website complaints. They probably stay in business for a short time, scam people and then move on to so other trusting person.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I bought the camera referenced above and it arrived, new, all accessories present and functioned as expected. The issue came up when I went on the Panasonic website to register this camera for the warranty. 6th Avenue Electronics was not listed as an authorized retailer. This may just be glitch on Panasonic's website or 6th Avenue Electronics is unaware of this issue. Warranty registrations are usually instantaneous, but it has been five days and Panasonic has not confirmed my warranty.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I purchased a new Nikon Z6 for a a cheaper than normal price on their eBay page. I was sent a USED Nikon d7000 instead! After googling their name I arrived on their Consumer Reports page...not surprised. Scam!! I am in dispute with eBay now over a refund. This company is horrible and wish I had read about them before purchasing anything.

6th Ave Electronics Company Information