1.31/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

6th Ave Electronics

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

6th Ave Electronics Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2012

I purchased a 58 inch Plasma TV in June '09 from 6th Avenue Electronics for $1,899.00 and an extended warranty for another $300.00 from the Lake Grove Store. Now I have a broken TV with a board burned out inside and a Plasma screen that is no good. I was charged $120.00 just for a repair guy to show up, only to be told that the burned out board and the plasma screen which is not good cost about $1,700.00 to repair. The TV is not worth fixing. What do I do? I'm out with the whole value of my purchase. This is criminal and something has to be done. Please, have someone help us.

Original review: July 8, 2012

I bought a 52" inch Sony TV back on 03/28/2009 along with a 4-Year Extended warranty for $350.00. Now, my TV needs to be fixed, since the company is under default, what are my rights as a consumer? You can't just walk away from your responsibilities as a business. There needs to be checks and balances to protect the consumers. I paid almost $2,000.00 for this item along with the protection, so can someone please get back to me. If 6th Ave would assume the responsibilities, then Sony should step in.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 19, 2012

I bought my 46-inch plasma Samsung TV in July of last year from 6th Avenue store in Lake Grove, Long Island. I paid $400 for that TV and an extended warranty for $299. I was watching TV with my daughter when it went blank with a blue screen. I didn't know what to do. My wife and I, we searched for the receipts and found them. I looked for a number to call in those receipts and I did not find a number to call. I went to the store I bought the TV from to find out that the place was close. I searched online for any store in NY and all stores in NY were close. I saw a few stores in NJ and I called them up. They never responded to their phone. All of us who were victimized by that fraud should call the Better Business Bureau to make our voice heard and to look for freelance lawyer to help us. I'm stuck with a broken TV. Please help us, somebody, anybody.

Original review: May 3, 2012

I had purchased a 46" LED TV. Since I had purchased it in 2011 at the 6th Avenue Electronics store in Jersey City, NJ, I have had problems. I called to have it serviced and no one answers the phone numbers I called. The warranty department does not answer the phone. I had left messages, but no call back. I had paid a warranty of $299.99. I was told that they went out of business. What can I do to get my money refunded? And my warranty? I hope that there is a lawyer who will take all of us customers who have been ripped off by 6th Avenue. Please help! Thank you.

Original review: May 3, 2012

46 inch Panasonic Vierra plasma TV - I purchased this TV from 6th Ave Electronics in May 2010 and less than two years later, we heard a loud pop and there is no longer a picture. The TV is worthless! Of course, we know 6th Ave is out of business and have no recourse! How can a TV break in less than two years and it wasn't abused?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 6th Ave Electronics?

Original review: May 2, 2012

My 55" TV purchased in November 2010 is not turning on. I dug out my receipt to contact 6th Avenue Electronics since I purchased an extended warranty, only to find out that they are no longer in business and are not honoring the extended warranty. I was never offered an option to purchase a warranty from another company, so now I am stuck. Help!

Original review: April 21, 2012

I bought a TV in August of '09 with a 4-year extended bulb warranty. My bulb burned out and I cannot reach them. I know they went out of business, but I was not informed who would be servicing their warranties. I paid an additional 400 dollars for the warranty. I did not receive an email, letter or phone call from anyone associated with them informing me what I should do when they went out of business. Please help me because right now, that 400 dollars means a lot to me.

Original review: April 1, 2012

I purchased an LG 53" TV from 6th Ave Electronics. I got a two-year warranty and for $399.99, I purchased a 4-year warranty extension which would cover my TV until September of 2012. On Saturday, March 31, 2012, the TV stopped working. I now find that all of the 6th Ave. Electronic stores are closed. I called the maker of the TV, LG Electronics, and they state they are not responsible and I must deal with the store who sold the product. 6th Ave has apparently closed all their stores. They do not answer the phone listed on their website.

Original review: March 31, 2012

I purchased a Toshiba 46" 1080P HD LCD TV in December 2008 with a four-year warranty ($200.00). Now, we are experiencing colored vertical lines in the TV and there is no way to get in touch with anyone for service or warranty information.

Original review: March 28, 2012

Not honoring their extended warranty - I purchased an LG TV from 6th Avenue and purchased an extended warranty for four years. My TV broke down and they are nowhere to be found or contacted. All phone numbers are off and all stores are close

6th Ave Electronics Company Information