1.3/5 (71 ratings)

About 6th Ave Electronics

6th Ave Electronics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 6th Ave Electronics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 6th Ave Electronics?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Bought a top quality model Dyson vacuum. Was supposed to be new. Had scratches all over, items in box without proper padding (appeared used). Vacuum broke 1 months after purchase (shoots debris out the back). 6th Ave denies it was refurbished. Bought at Overstock.com. Overstock takes no responsibility for product because they sold through 3rd party. Dyson takes no responsibility because 3rd party. 3rd party 6th Ave states past 30 day return. WILL NOT do anything for broken product. I should have known when I opened box. Customer Service very rude, laughing, uninterested in my complaint. Buyer beware. Do not buy product if 6th Ave is 3rd party. They DO NOT CARE about customers after the sale is made. I will be careful in the future to not purchase from a 3rd party.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I purchased a Nikon CoolPix A900 online from Google 6th Avenue Electronics. The camera arrived with a power plug for India. Warranty card as well from India. I didn't think anything of this because in the past Nikon supports their products world-wide. After 5 weeks a defect in the camera appeared. Nikon USA returned it to me stating it is grey market and not authorized for sale in USA and therefore will not be repaired. 6th Avenue refuses to accept the product back stating I had 30 days to return it. Sorry! Today I see a sticker on the bottom of the box in effect stating the product is not legal for sale in the USA and the warranty may not be honored. Great. Thanks Google/6th Avenue Electronics for selling illegal products. Caveat emptor does not apply to deceptive sales and marketing scams.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

6th Ave refused to refund me 20% of my $1400 order that was defective. This was an Apple product that I had confirmed with Apple over the phone. Apple even told me to return it to the seller for a refund. This was 100% defective. Their policy states they will NOT charge a restocking fee on a defective item. It is apparently widespread that people are returning defective items to 6th Ave and 6th Ave is refusing to let go of a restocking fee. Do not buy from this company. Your assurance in a smooth process if you receive a less than perfect product will be pure disappointment. Please don't make the same mistake I, and countless others, made.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

One "new" camera had no serial number, and another stopped working next day. I know it has been a year since we last did business, but I thought I would leave a message here before I did the youtube video regarding the product I received from you. That's right that "Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only) (322473578696) I bought from you for $1,785.21 that has no serial number underneath it and anywhere on the box.

Well guess you had planned to get away with it, since the likeliness anyone would check under the camera for a serial number would be highly unlikely, till it was either broken or stolen. Well turns out Lumix put out update 2.0 which has a new tether feature that requires the serial number to download, and guess who's "brand new" camera has no serial number? Mine. The one you sold "new". I wanted to out you back when I received the open box, without the lens, but knowing I ordered the body only, this had not been a problem till now. So you got us good, hopefully now people will know better.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Not a quality retailer, bait and switch - I ordered through their link on Rakuten.com, and they did not indicate that it was used/refurbished, nor the international version. They sent one that was apparently part of a kit with a lens, and the lens removed. I don't know the status of the camera with respect to warranty, and suspect it's an international version.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

“**WATCH OUT** This is a SCAM** When you go to purchase this USED lens, as a U.S. Version (meaning, the lens came to America through official Tamron USA means - aka NOT through Grey Market means), you will actually receive a Grey Market Lens. I purchased this lens, thinking it was a great deal for a "like new" used U.S. Version lens, but it was gray market. Total scam, so disappointing. Also, the customer support knows they are doing this and they TRY to charge you a restocking fee when you return it. DON'T LET THEM!! I purchased through Amazon and KNEW they would protect me and they eventually agreed to not charge any fees to return it.”

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

Before I begin be wary of any customer service line that's only available during the hours of 10am to 3pm (5 hrs) weekdays only. Also if you are being transferred to a "manager" and it last longer than 10min get ready for a doozy of an explanation. I purchased this item on a Monday 7:30am (1 week ago). Before I made the order, it stated that the item had more than 10 available and the location is the U.S.A. Granted it gave a shipping date as little as 3 days to approx 14 days to receive. When I was about make the purchase, I made sure to locate where the store is. Once I found out that it is in the east coast, I figured most likely even in ground shipping it won't take but a few days. So the 3 day window was a time I felt I would get it (boy was I wrong).

When the next day past, I looked in my eBay account and saw no action has been made. 24 hrs has past and still no update! I contacted customer service and this guy tells me that the product is unavailable in stock and they are waiting for more product later in the week. I explain to him that as we spoke, it is showing that the item is available on eBay. There is nothing stating that the item is backordered. I hung up and began to write them a later via eBay. Not two hours later, I received a notice that a label was made and item was shipped out.

I waited two days and it's still showing on UPS that no item has yet been dropped off to them to be shipped. I called the company again, was transferred to their "manager" which took about 10min on hold. Her response was classic. Apparently, the camera is in stock. However, the product they got is in Japanese language. How a company of that size can mess up an order and get Japanese language is beyond me. Nevertheless, why not let the customer know that something was screwed up. Which her response was, "Well you know that before you made the order, you had a 3 day to 14 day window" which I responded back saying "Well ma'am while you are correct, let's say for humor sake if the item "wasn't" in Japanese language when will my shipment be sent out?" She said, "Immediately." After that I hung up. It seems if the company messes up, we as a consumer suffers.

I've ordered from places in California using ground. It didn't take more than 3 days. Why a company that keeps stating they have warehouse all over the country, will ship an item and it will take probably 2 weeks is beyond me. Fyi: apparently if a company prints a label out, doesn't necessary mean they have to ship it out right away. I was told over the phone they can send it out anytime they feel like it. My first and last time I will ever use this company. Utter nonsense. Update: It's been already a week and no shipment has been sent out.

Original review: July 12, 2015

I purchased a camera with accessories from their eBay store. On testing the camera it proved defective. While they "stated" they would refund the camera, they have stalled for two weeks about getting the shipping label to me for the refund. eBay only keeps documentation now so you have to skip them and go directly to PayPal and your credit card company for best results. I also filed a detailed account with http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I paid for an extend warranty that I can't use. The 46-inch Toshiba is not working. Paid for the TV $1,499.00 plus warranty $199.00 plus tax, a total of $1,818.00.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

My DVD surround system to my 55inch 3d TV is not working since last year. I went back to the store and it was closed. I brought an extended warranty for 3 years. I don't have sound. I paid $3,500 for something I can't use.

6th Ave Electronics Company Information