1.32/5

91 6th Ave Electronics Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2012

I brought a Kicker solo baric L7 speaker. It had a one year warranty and the speaker froze up after three months of usage. When I emailed the company to let them know that I needed my speaker fixed, the issue was there is only a 30 day warranty on their goods. When I brought the speaker, it had on the receipt "one year". I called Kicker and they said that 6th Avenue Electronics was not an authorized dealer and now I'm out of 400 dollars. This is not good business to advertise products. They're not going to honor the warranty.

Original review: March 16, 2012

My TV needs to be serviced and the company Sixth Ave Electronics is not in business anymore. I paid for extended warranty. TV was picked up in 11/2010 with a paid three-year warranty from Sixth Ave for $49.99 as payment. I now have to take it for repair. I'm out $75.

Original review: March 2, 2012

I purchased a 42" LCD Zenith TV with 3 years extended warranty from 6th Avenue on April 25, 2009. On February 24, 2012 the TV started to experience color issues. I called 6th Avenue and no one answered, so I decided to go to the store, only to find out the store had gone out of business. The warranty card mention of an address where the TV can be repaired: Warranty Service Department, 15 Stern Ave., Springfield, NJ 07081. No phone number. I drove there to find out that company had gone out of business also. As of now TV is broke and now I have to find a place to repair it. I hope I can get reimbursed the cost to repair or get my money back from the warranty I paid for.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2012

I purchase extra insurance with my TV. Now they are not there anymore. Something is wrong with it and I don't know where to go. I tried to call them but no answer.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2012

Hitachi 42" plasma HDTV 4-year warranty - The TV does not stay on and keeps shutting off. I called the store where we purchased it in Carl Place, NY to discover all 6th Ave Electronic stores have left Long Island, NY. I even called their stores in New Jersey for guidance on how to get my TV fixed, which is still under warranty until this Sept of 2012. No one answered. I wrote to the corporate address by email to no avail. Again, no answer. I then found the website of consumers complaints to see that I am not the only one with a problem with them. We should file a class action suit as there seems to be no other recourse. They took our money and left us holding inferior products and worthless warranties. I thought New York had laws to cover this type of business tactics? They should all go to jail. Who else do we need to contact to correct this robbery?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 6th Ave Electronics?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2012

We bought a 50 LG TV from the E Brunswick store in 2009 with 4 years warranty. In February 2012, the TV would not power on. Cannot reach any of the stores to use warranty to repair TV. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2012

I bought a 52" Toshiba TV back in February of 2010. I bought a three-year extended warranty at the same time. I am having problems with pixilation and would like to get it fixed before it goes completely. But I am having a hard time getting in touch with the company. When I call the numbers, no one answers. I think once they knew that they were going out of business, they should have informed us of where or who we could contact when we need repairs.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2012

I bought two eMachine laptops and insurance, both E527, last Christmas at Crale Pace locale on 6th Ave card with extras, extended computer service and repair warranty. I am trying to get such paid for service. I have yet to be contacted by them (6th Ave or eMachines). Time is of the essence as my college age children use them for advanced courses at their schholls. ..Suny Albany needs to use eMachine laptop for web-based class. Without laptop, they will fail and not reach full earned potential and attitude.

Please contact me. The plan is to go to 6th Ave store in NYC tomorrow, Sunday 2l12/12 to get immediate paid for service. Please advise. Thanks for the care, concerns and guidance. Please, again, don't hesitate to contact to arrange much needed repairs and to reestablish faith in 6the Ave retailer. Furthermore, the store has been our family's exclusive computer/electronics go to store. Please send helpful advise as I have been pulling out hairs for son!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2012

In November 2010, I bought a Toshiba 40E200U 40" 1080p LCD HDTV from 6th Ave., electronic Jersey City location. Additionally, I purchased a 5-year extended warranty. I am having an issue with my TV and need to know if I am able to use my warranty, but I have not been able to contact the store to confirm if the warranty is still valid. Could you ascertain whether or not they are still in business? Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2012

6th Ave Electronics is out of business and I am out $149.99 for extended warranty and I am convinced that I was sold a used TV. How do I get my $149.99 back?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2012

I purchased a 55-inch Panasonic Plasma television with a 3-year in-home warranty for an additional $299.99. The television would power up with no picture. Nothing but snow and black lines across half the TV with the rest of the screen black. We began calling all the store locations. The only location we could get to actually speak to someone was in New Jersey. I had purchased this TV in Delaware. They told to come in to the store and they will give us a new TV. The only store open was over two hours away and that was not the resolution and I wanted my in-home warranty service. The following day, the internet then reported all stores were closed. I am left with a broken $1700.00 TV and an empty warranty for $299.99!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2012

I purchased LG 47SL80 TV for $1726.50 on 11/04/2009 and an extended 3-year warranty for $299.99. My TV now needs to be repaired and I can't use the warranty because the business closed without informing me of options to use the warranty. I now have to call a repair company and pay for the repair without the benefit of the warranty.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2012

I bought a Sony TV and Sylvania Portable DVD player. Both are still under warranty manufacturer as well as extended warranty. Sylvania DVD player has stopped working and 6Ave is not responding. Sylvania is charging me for labor charge of $44 to fix it, however it is under their warranty too. According to spokesperson, Sylvania charge for labor charge for everything you buy from them no matter if it covers warranty or not. Do not buy anything of Sylvania. They do not honor their warranty at all.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2012

I purchased a 32-inch TV on 10/31/10, and after a little over one year it went defective. I purchased a 3 year extended warranty with TV. Continue to call. Never an answer. No way to e-mail. No way to contact. I called all stores. Nothing. What do I do?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2012

Purchase a 50" Plasma TV on 7/25/09 with 4 year extended warranty for $200. After 2yrs and 4 months of service, the TV could not turn on. I called six ave,

all phones were disconnected. Finally, I called the manufacturer to repair the TV and paid $432.32. I will like to get my money back. Do you think consumers can get their money back? Consumers should do a collective law sues.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2011

Yes, the same complaint everyone has. I purchased a 55" DLP Samsung TV from 6th Avenue Electronics with a 4-year extended warranty. My bulb blew, I think. The TV doesn't work and I still have almost 2 years left on the warranty. Well, as we know, I have called the stores and no one answers. It looks like I got duped!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

I purchased a 50" Plasma flat screen on 09/07/2009 from 6th Ave. Electronics. With that purchase I paid for a 2-year extended warranty. Recently the TV does not work. It will power up but shows a black screen. Since my warranty is good until 09/07/2012, I called 6th Avenue to get one of their technician's to come to my home and diagnose and hopefully fix the TV. I have tried numerous times to call any of the 6th Ave. stores (Paramus, NJ; phone, 201-597-0520) and no one will pick up the phone nor is there anyway to leave a message. I am now stuck with an expensive TV ($1,398.99), which doesn't work along with the 2-year extended warranty ($149.00).

Original review: Dec. 16, 2011

I purchase a 58" Panasonic Plasma TV in February 2009 from 6th Avenue Electronics in West Long Branch, NJ. My television has a serious red tint color. Throughout every channel, it is snowy with lines. Yesterday, I started calling 6th Avenue, because I did purchase a (4) year extended warranty, but was not able to reach anyone. Either their phone rings continuously, or they were disconnected. I need my television fixed, and I want my money back. Is Panasonic handling these problems?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2011

I purchased a 50" plasma TV. The TV has a 1 year factory warranty on 01-17-2009. I also purchased a 4-year extended warranty for $349.99. Is anyone honoring 6th avenue warranties?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2011

On Nov 13, 2010, I purchased an extended warranty ($239.98) on an LG washer & dryer from 6th Ave Electronics, in NJ. All stores have been closed and when calling phone numbers located on the web I am never able to get a person on the phone.

I had sent an email to 6th Ave and this was their reply: Thank you for your email. We apologize, but are no longer able to honor the extended warranty you purchased from 6th Avenue because we are going out of business. If your item is still within the manufacturer's warranty, you may contact the manufacturer to service the unit. If your item is no longer within the 1 year manufacturer's warranty time frame, you may fill out the claim form that is attached and submit it to the office of McCarter & English LLP, who will determine the course of action that will be taken regarding your warranty. If you dropped off an item to be repaired and have not received a call to pick up the item, please fill out the attached form and submit it to the office of McCarter & English LLP who will determine the course of action that will be taken in reimbursing you for your item. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Once again another corporate business stealing from consumers and all they do is walk away! There are many others out there who have been taken advantage of from 6th Ave Electronics. Upon calling I was basically told there is no way of knowing when and if I will get my $239.98 back. I believe this is all a waste of time and is a tactic to shut the consumer up!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2011

I purchased a Samsung 50" LCD TV from 6th Avenue, plus a 4-year extended service warranty. The TV screen started to go so I tried contacting 6th Avenue for service, but none of the numbers that I have called are working. Does anyone have any info or can help?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2011

I purchased an extended warranty for my Sony Bravia TV. I've only had the TV two years and now the TV has lines and ghost images on the screen and the original product warranty is up and 6th avenue is unreachable. Every telephone number goes nowhere.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2011

On Sept 6, 2009, I purchased an LGE50PQ30 Flat screen and also the 4 year extended warranty. The picture has become distorted and unable to view it. After calling multiple locations and finding all numbers disconnected, I emailed the company. I still have not received any replies. Please help me to get this repaired.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2011

We are due for a new Panasonic TV. We have an extended warranty and there is no forwarding phone number or address. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2011

I purchased an extended warranty, and am unable to contact the business to get an address, to send the camera for repair.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2011

Up until this time, I have never had a problem with 6th Avenue Electronics. I have bought other things from them, but I sincerely hope they will honor their store bought warranties. I bought a TV for my son on 12/17/07; I paid $1750.00 for the set. I also bought the extended warranty, which was for 4 years due to expire on 12/17/11, which cost $299.99. The TV lost its picture about 2 weeks ago, there is just sound. I need help in getting 6th Avenue to honor the warranty. Can you help me get the TV repaired? No answer at the corporate office. I have been leaving messages, of course, no one has called back. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2011

I got bad service, no greeting at all and they sold me a non-working seven inch flat screen T.V. for the car and some yams which was Fioor the car. I keep calling for days but no one picked up. So i want them to get my money back and they said no and no to exchanges neither they can't put a product for sale if it doesn't work. That's against the law. I didn't get my money back or exchange. Please help me get my money back in. Still got the receipt.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2011

I purchased a 46-inch TV. It went out on me and the store is out of business, except for some areas, and no one would pick up phone so that I can speak about repairing my TV? Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2011

Trying to call to get how they work with to repair my TV led 55 inch sansun. Not able to get customer service on phone. All I get is no answer at all.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2011

My husband and I purchased a 61inch television on 02-26-09; it came with a 1yr warranty and we bought another 2yrs. My TV went out on 10-24-11 and I've been calling all the stores and their customer service numbers and no one is answering. We took a ride out to Long Island on 10-27-11 and see that the store is closed down they have a sign telling people to call this number which is 1-866-450-0354, in which I called and it is not even ringing. I have no idea where these people are at and have to spend $200 for my television to be serviced. I don't think this is fair to me because I paid for a 2yr extended warranty. The warranty service department is located at 15 Stern avenue, Springfield, NJ 07081.

6th Ave Electronics Company Information