3.65/5

392 New York Sports Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was a member of this club for a few months with the agreement to cancel any time. I was leaving the state and called to cancel (June). They quietly continued billing me for a few months (I thought it was a probably a policy to bill for 60 or more days before cancellation and took no action). I closed my bank in Fall, and they started calling me in December threatening with collection. Beware, do not buy any memberships from them!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Very limited equipment which makes no sense because it is an elite club. I thought it was one of the worst locations I’ve worked out in. Also, because it is an elite club, they charge members who don’t have an elite membership and extra $20 for use. However, they don’t actually tell members that they are charging them. When I complained about this, I was told there is a sign. Didn’t see it- honest mistake. What kind of organization doesn’t tell their customers about a surcharge beforehand.

In general, all the gyms are pretty bad, some locations better than others. You can reach anyone at corporate and if you find a manager, they generally can’t resolve the problem and will tell you to call corporate. If I lives near an Equinox, I would join in a heartbeat. Worst customer service of any gym I’ve ever belonged to.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I agree, the New York Sports Club is a very bad customer service experience gym. It will be the bankrupted soon like the Bally's Fitness Center. Similar to how Uber and Lyft destroyed the local taxi companies, Retro Fitness and Orangetheory is offering the deals of the century. New gym equipment at great low prices is now the dominating factor to steal all Sports Club members. For example, for the price of about $21.00 at the Retro Fitness includes basic admission to all of its 150 centers. At the moment, the Passport membership fee is about $50.00 to gain entry of all their fitness centers.

ATTENTION: MR. **, THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER AT THE CLIFTON, NJ SPORTS CLUB IS THE WORST MANAGER I EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFE. He was the sole reason why we canceled our memberships. Mr. ** has no people skills. His management skills is like a gangbuster style. Game over, we quit. Especially, when there are overcharges in your accounts, repeated request for reimbursements are ignored for as long as six months even when previously managers documented that refunds are authorized. Only when you submit your cancellation letter, will the Sports Club negotiate a refund and a deal to you. Even when the deal is offered, the prices are still higher than Retro Fitness or other fitness centers.

There is a deficit at the sports club, refunds cannot be made easily. THE GYM EQUIPMENT IS OLD AND SMELLY. THE PLACE IS FALLING APART. We joined back in 2014 as a fitness center convenient to work and home, but things changed, new and better competitive fitness centers are now available. When we work out at the gym, we want friendly service and place where we feel comfortable. Avoid this place, it is going to hell. SINCERELY, PETER **. MASTER OF SCIENCE.

Original review: April 15, 2019

My son froze his membership and for 4 months he was charged $15 per month. When we realized this we asked them to waive it which they refused. They then charged him a cancellation fee of $30. They refused to waive that. He was never made aware of these fees. I will never go to that gym again and I will strongly urge others not to as well.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I’ve been going to New York Sports Club for almost year now. Overall the gym was ok. Until they switched babysitters. The babysitter was bringing her daughter and was pregnant and decided to neglect my child and let my daughter sit and cry for two hours standing in a bouncer. Mind you my daughter is only 14 months old. She was tired from standing. When I brought it to the manager's attention and he simply said there’s nothing he can do. It’s illegal to fire her.

So I took it into my own hands to confront the babysitter about the situation and she said, "I’m not going to pick up your child. This is not a daycare," and that everybody complains. That’s when I let her have it just because she don’t feel like doing her jobs. She tries to make me feel uncomfortable. So now I spoke to the regional manager. She can’t do anything for neither but bring in another babysitter to assist the babysitter that neglected my child. Sorry but that’s not a solution to the problem. I will not leave my daughter with that babysitter again. So now I’m being forced to cancel my membership simply because they can’t find a solution to the babysitting issue. My lawyer will be involved because I also called corporate and they also said that they couldn’t do anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New York Sports Club?

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have been trying now to cancel my membership for over four months now. I have denied credit card charges through Amex, that were then reversed. I have called and visited to cancel my membership. Always a story, always a new "manager". They are SYSTEMATICALLY FRAUDULENTLY continuing to bill my credit card, regardless of what I do. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I walked into a NYSC in mid January after a failed mission to workout at another gym. It was cold outside and I wanted to work out so I decided to pop into this gym and check it out. Couldn't hurt to just check it out right? WRONG. DEAD WRONG. So far? They've stolen about $180 (and counting!) from me and there's no way to get it back. The sales girl had dark short hair and basically bold-faced lied to me. She started to show me around and I stopped her and said, "Hey can I just work out for the day?" She said "sure but I have to charge you $5 for the day to use the facilities." I said ok and she proceeds to sit me down and fill out a bunch of paperwork, take a pic and charge my card. She never gave me a key ring or member paperwork welcoming me to this new expensive sports club I signed up to.

I find out I had a membership there when they charged me the following month on February 15, 2019 for $69.99. When I saw that I freaked out and went to the gym in person on February 21, 2019. I spoke to the general manager there, Arnie **, and told him the situation and how I felt lied and cheated to. I had no idea I even had a membership there. He said he'd have to charge me $10 to cancel the membership. I'm like "really?? So you're going to steal $80 from me for absolutely nothing?? I'm gonna go apeshit on social media." I said and with that he whipped out $80 in cash and said go. I said "Nope. I need a cancelation email from you first, not leaving this office till you give it to me." So he did. Dated February 21, 2019 literally stating that the "invoice" was a cancelation receipt.

Another month goes by... I get charged $109.00 on March 1st! How??? WHY??? I filed a claim with my bank but they can do nothing. Banks can't do anything with subscriptions. I'm very worried that NYSC will continue to charge my card though it is cancelled and then all of the sudden I get a collections letter and they ruin my credit. REALLY??? How do I prevent this happening?? How am I getting charged EVEN MORE to something I never signed up to?? I want to file a lawsuit or do something somehow!! These people are STEALING from the public!!!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I’d like to share my frustrating experience with NYSC. Long story short: although I canceled my NYSC membership in September 2018, I was charged until January 2019. In September 2018, I canceled my corporate membership at the 41st St branch. I did so verbally and was told I would be charged one more monthly fee that would be it. In November 2018, I found out I was still being charged and sent a complaint through their web form. I got no answer. So, I tried to contact their headquarters. The promised to call me back but never did so. Summary, they’ve stolen $150.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Hello I am a member of New York Sports Club. I recently discovered that my credit card information was put into another member's profile and I was being charged two memberships. They promised to remedy it but nothing has changed. I complained to corporate and nothing changed. They are actually trying to get my new credit card so they can continue to overcharge me. Never go to New York Sports Club!

Original review: March 6, 2019

As I have made comments on other forums (Yelp and Google Plus), I will be brief. Just look at the track record of managers at this facility. That says a lot. However I must admit that there is something wrong at the corporate level when customers complain at the 800 number or online, nothing changes. The Men's locker room is a mess. Doors are broken. Materials disappear and are not replace. The wet clothes wringer has been out of service for at least 6 months. The pool has been in disrepair for two weeks. No details are available. Now they have added new machines BUT after months of complaints about broken machines.

The hard working staff is at a loss to explain anything because it is deliberate company policy to say nothing and keep you frustrated. So the staff is left in the dark. Very poor management personnel rotate in and out of this place. Unfortunately the facility is very close to the house so people tolerate the foolishness. One perfect example: The handicap shower has had the wrong shower head. The brain challenged former manager placed the shower head on but did not turn to on the shower to check if it functioned. Thankfully he has been deposited at some other facility. While searching online, it does not seem other facilities are any better, For a few years, there has been an exodus of NYSC Morris Park members have departed to LA Fitness in the Hutchinson area on Eastchester Road.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was perfectly happy with the gym itself and its facilities, and they make it very easy to PAY the membership fees online with credit card or over the phone, but once you want to CANCEL your membership they make you jump through hoops! You cannot cancel online or over the phone, you must go to the branch directly and can ONLY deal with the manager. The manager is not always in and they won't even give you their office hours/schedule! I am told "He's here now, but I am not sure for how long, and I can't give you their schedule." They want you to show up a few times and waste your time so that they can keep charging you for a few months until you can track down the manager and cancel the membership. What a sneaky/scammy policy!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Rating this... Horrible. But giving a star is needed to proceed so giving one star. Just for the machines I used and some exercises I learned from trainer. I suggest people to get a copy of the contract before signing the electronically. It's tricky as they never explain everything and make us sign electronically. I had gym trainer and my trainer left for higher studies and they didnt assign anyone instead of her. I asked them of this and told to cancel this and went for vacation. When back they charge me for trainer even without a trainer.

When I asked they canceled it but again for next month too they took saying cancellation was effective only after 30 days. I walked in 2-3 times asking if they could assign another trainer for me but they didnt but took about $600 from me for training without a trainer... After that I thought of canceling the membership even. The manager advised me only to cancel 45 days before renewal which is December 4 so that I dont lose $100 as penalty. She kept me in freeze charging $15 per month.

On December 3 I went in and asked if exactly it's December 4 to cancel. Manager said, "Yes. Come tomorrow." Next day went but the manager was on leave but another lady gave me a paper to fill. I gave it signed and dated as 10/04/2018. That was cancellation request. She told me she will enter it and sent me an email. But I got a bill of $44.5 for the month of December though the monthly fee is $39.99. Their explanation is they charged me for freeze + fees for December!

But I got email only on December 10 mentioning about the cancellation effective date. I went in and asked them and they say they dont no about what happened. Again for January I see membership renewal fees is taken from my account. I stepped in gym and asked the manager and she has no particular answer and she said what I say is right but she cannot do anything, as in system it shows I canceled on December 10. I asked her who entered. And she said not sure... I asked her to check your CCTV. You could see I have never been here on December 10 but I came in on December 4 and you can see me filling and giving form. She said you might be correct but nothing can be done now. She gave me an email and asked me to contact headquarters.

I explained him everything and sent him the cancellation request letter I signed etc etc. But that was of no use than spoiling my time. I did an inquiry through my credit card but the explanation they gave them is the contract letter I signed about yearly membership renewal. But did not mention about the cancellation request I made.

So total I lost $165 again of no use. If I canceled I could have lost only $100 but I might get peace. But now the money is lost and walking after them explaining was really frustrating. I joined gym for a health issues. But it got worse than being better. I year of mental struggle I went through. And money lose too. I have no way to fight against them as I have no money to spent after this for lawyer fees or so. But I surely need none to be a part of this gym and squander your money. I am writing this review for those people like me. I never want anyone to face problems like me and get robbed off. At least this I can do. If I had money I would have fought with them and I wish never anyone be in such a pit.

As we work hard to earn money and they sit simply and loot the customers. Please beware... NYSC IS A BIG TRAP... Getting in is soo easy but getting out will be most difficult. Be ready to empty your wallet before signing contract with them. If really for health issues you choosing gym better not to go. Try something yourself at home or out. It gives you peace and happiness and thats more important for health. And you can save money too. And if you ready to give off money soo. Why to such big money looting mafia? Give off to some poor in need. At least that will make them fill their stomach some days and that counts your goodness too.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

In my time as a member of NYSC, I saw: Cockroaches in the locker room, big and small. Other small bugs which may have been bedbugs, lice, or ticks in the carpet and crawling up walls, staff horsing around and being unprofessional. A lack of care with weight room maintenance; weighs would go missing or be scattered all around the gym, no matter what time of day I went, because staff didn't bother putting things away or cleaning up. Broken equipment which was never repaired for months on end, including unsafe stuff like weight benches and cable machines. Is a new carabiner or weight clip too much to ask when I'm paying so much per month? Uneven flooring - tripping hazard! Dated/old/abused equipment - again, can you really not afford to replace a broken shower head? General uncleanliness; did y'all know mopping more than once a day is a good idea? Especially when you have tile floors and it's wet outside?

When I brought up all these issues with the gym manager, I was given the standard 45-day cancellation that I agreed to like an idiot when I signed up. That translates to another ~$90 I'll still have to pay! For a disgusting gym I refuse to go to any longer. All in all, this gym chain is a nightmare, and this location in particular is the worst gym I've ever been in.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I called the club from January 2nd to cancel my membership, they kept telling me they will give me call back later. Finally, when I walked in last Sunday they gave me a call yesterday and now they tell me I need to pay for half of the February to cancel my membership. This is not fair and I just want to let you know that because of the history of misusing my credit card from NYSC before (NYSC charged me multiple times in only two days in the first week of Dec 2018) my bank account not letting them to charge me anymore and the only way I can pay them for January is cash that they don’t accept it. Since I had so much problem with them I stopped using their service for months.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

This gym operates with limited and old equipment. Members need to wait their turn to use the equipment. Their business practices are questionable considering that they take advantage of at least 70% of their members that for different reasons stop going to this gym while this company keeps collecting their membership's fees month after month indefinitely, they even increase their fees and don't really care if members use their facilities or not as long as they have access to their bank accounts.

I have been a member of over 2 years and been there only a few times due to the fact that is a boring place to workout with limited equipment available. They haven't incorporated any significant changes to their equipment to satisfy the need and motivation of members. Nothing new to see or do there. I canceled my membership by e-mail and eventually in person by the manager was more interested in collecting additional fees that listening to complains or suggestion on how to improve their facilities and business practices.

They have been taking money from my bank account for a long time without providing any service to me and when I stop this they referred my account to a collection company while sending me promotional e-mails every single day. My advice is read the contract before signing anything to make sure you know their cancellation policy and the charges associated with it. Review your bank statement every month and cancel your membership and access to them if you are not working out there on a regular basis or find a better deal with another gym.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Where old exercise equipment goes to die. That's because so many units (especially treadmills) are broken...like upwards of 40% of treadmills are non-working at any one time...and it's been that way for the last month a half. Staff said in early December that they'd be getting new equipment by mid-December but now it's mid-January and I have yet to see a single new piece of equipment. I've been a member for nearly 10 years now. Didn't use to be that way. Color me disappointment! I'd be elsewhere in a heartbeat if there was a better nearby option.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I canceled in the beginning of Nov in person at the Rego Park branch. I wrote up my cancellation notice by hand on the back of one of their schedules. They are still billing me and I have no proof I canceled. So, like I get, get a photocopy of your cancellation.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I joined NYSC on December 17th, 2018 through the Somers location, since my mother is a member there and has been for many years. I was also a member several years ago for a long time before relocating and joining a different gym. I decided to rejoin since a few of my friends are still members. After a few times exercising at the Hawthorne, NY gym, I began to realize and recall how terrible these gyms are managed and maintained.

The weights are in terrible shape (rubber literally peeling off), the benches wobble, the bottle-filler at the water fountain does not turn off and runs constantly, wasting water, and the bathrooms are disgusting. The hand-sanitizer dispensers, located all over the gym, are completely empty by the time I go at 6:30/7 pm, which also shows how management just doesn't care. There are also not even enough barbells per bench - people take them to other machines, leaving at least one bench (for bench pressing) without a barbell. Really????

On January 3rd, I decided to call up and cancel my membership (I spoke to a manager named Jose at the Somers gym). I was informed that there is a 45 day grace-period so my membership would cancel mid-February, incurring not only a monthly charge for February, but also the annual charge on January 15th. I argued that this is unfair, that I am cancelling with a valid reason and that I should not be charged the annual fee if I've only been a member for 2 weeks. They said there is nothing they can do and that I can call corporate. They also said that if I do not pay, I will be brought to collections.

NYSC is honestly a scam and NOT worth the money. I attempted to call corporate and each time I call, I am informed that they cannot take my call and to try again later. Are you serious? Overall, NYSC gyms are DISGUSTING and poorly managed. I have no idea how they're still in business after all this time. There are so many other gyms out there, although more expensive, that are beautiful, clean, and worth the money. I will never join or recommend NYSC to anyone else.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Canceled husband's membership (NYSC Carmel NY) in October, they told me there was a 45 day grace period for cancelations. I just received a 69.99 charge for annual fee. Called to get money back, they said I couldn't have it back because it landed on anniversary. Help. I will now cancel my membership. Join Planet Fitness, NYSC is a rip off.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Updated on 12/13/2018: Just wanted to update. So looks like when I went to the Great Neck office to complain about the extra charges yesterday and requested to cancel my membership. Sally the manager had the nerve to charge my account another $10 on my account in which I am putting a charge back on the $10 and $34.99 x 2.

Original Review: To start, the New York Sports Club in Great Neck is extremely filthy and have no supplies, we notified the club on many occasions and they said they will fix the issue, instead the place got worst and worst every month. We originally signed up in January with $24.99/monthly fee, on December/1 2018 we saw they charged me and my wife $34.99 each without notice. Same day we contacted the club requesting explanation but they said the manager is the one that can help, we requested to cancel the membership but they said that the manager is the that handles this as well but she is not there and we should call back the next day.

We tried contacting her for few days and left messages for her to call us back as we would like to terminate the account but she never called us back. After few more tries my wife finally was able to get her on the phone and she said that she was sick and was not at work, my wife explained that with the understanding that she was sick and hoping she feels better she is not willing to pay $34.99/month each and would like to cancel the membership. The manager said that she is not able to cancel the membership without additional unnecessary charges and if she will cancel she will be charged a lot of fees. My wife requested to remove these unfair fees and try to work with us in a way but she refused.

My wife explained to her that they had no right to charge us extra without first contacting and notifying us and that she tried reaching her since December/1 to cancel the account and she was not there and didn't have anyone to fill her place while she was out. Also didnt return her calls, if she would do so in a timely manner we would not have to pay for all the extra fees, the manager replied that she had all the right to be sick and there is nothing that she is willing to do, she was very rude to my wife and hanged up on her as well.

I went there yesterday to try to get this issue resolved and repeated my wife's issues to her and asked her to please cancel the account as of December/1. She asked why you like to cancel the membership and I explained to her that 1. the place was filthy and not safe to walk around, she said, "Oh I know it has been crazy here lately but we are working on it," in which I said, "sorry it's been like this all the time and we notified the club many times but it is just getting worst and no club should be unsafe to begin with." 2. There are no supplies ever, in which she said, "Oh I know, we are working on that too," in which I said it was like this to begin with as well. 3. We should not be charged extra without our approval and we would like to move on to another club so please honor the cancelation from December/1 and we are good to go without any fees as we tried reaching you since then.

At this time she started scream on me that there is nothing she can or willing to do, I saw that there is no way to get anywhere with her so I asked if it's possible to get the number for their headquarters in which she wrote it down on a paper and threw it in my face and started screaming on me. I told her, I am sorry but you have no right to throw anything on me and screaming on me, after all I am asking for my rights but you are trying to push me around to get my account charged for additional fees.

At this time the young gentleman that was working there with her behind the desk started screaming on me as well and telling me this is how things work around here and there is nothing I can do, I mentioned but I just asked for the headquarter's phone number and there is no reason to attack me like this. At this time I saw that the gentleman and the manager were about to charge at me physically and I told them that I like to remind them that there are security cameras facing them and I do not recommend they will do anything unwise and started leaving the place.

At this point me and my wife feel very unsafe that they will attack us again and cannot use this gym for the remaining of the month of membership that we have, we are signing up at another gym and would like to get a full refund of $69.98 for the month of December and would not want to have any additional fees attached to it as the manager wanted to do so. We also tried calling customer service and emailed the headquarters, customer service was trying to make us feel stupid so we didn't get anywhere there and headquarters did not even answer our emails.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

When I first signed up there were no special prices no sales going on no nothing. My regular fee was $24.99/mo with an annual fee of $65. I just made a year with my membership & I noticed that they had charged me $34.99. When I called to ask why all they said was “after a year corporate raises your membership fee”. My issue with this is that I was never informed, I never authorized to pay an extra $10. They said “emails were sent out”. No they were not! I know this because my email is working perfectly FINE that is how NYSC was able to email me an invoice for their “no show fee” a few weeks before the auto pay kicked in. When I spoke to someone at the front desk they basically blamed it all on corporate & advised me to deal with them & that they could refund me. When I spoke to corporate they said they had nothing to do with it that I had to talk to a manager at my gym location. NYSC IS A SCAM.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have a corporate membership that covers most of the locations. When I visited a "premium" location on 23rd & Park I was charged $20 extra in September, $60 in October and $120 in November. Even though no one in the club told me that additional charges will apply. I do not understand why extra charges grow every month... When I called to customer serves I was on hold for 45 minutes, and the rep didn't help me to get any information on the charges. I also called to the location, but I'm still not sure if the charges will continue even though I do not visit this location anymore. Both the customer service rep and the manager at 23rd & Park were rude and unhelpful.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have been a member of NYSC for years. When I joined they told me 69.99 was for any increase during the year. So I paid the 69.99 and monthly charge is 39.99 monthly. I got my bill for 114.98 and $5 increase. I spoke to customer service. The woman was very rude and could care less. I told her about 69.99 for any increase. She said, "You were misinformed. And 69.99 was for the year." Didn't tell me any other plan. She was rude. Her name was Kathy. I think I will cancel my NYSC membership. Horrible service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Last Thursday I was treated unfairly at the New York Sports Club located on Morris Park in the Bronx. I was forced to leave the gym immediately and leave my friends who I was working out with behind. Every day we meet up at the gym after work to reach out fitness goals individually. They are my friends and they like to follow my workout routine so I let them follow. We been training for more than 5 years together. We then leave the gym together every day and talk on a daily.

I was approached by the manager whose name is Dwayne **. According to Mr. ** I have been approached and warned before by one of the personal trainers at the gym who he disclosed his name was “Will”. I don’t ever recall having an interaction with this person. Once I expressed that to Mr. ** he responded and said that there was video footage of me training others and the conversation with Will. If that is the case as a consumer that feels cheated and discriminated I would like to request video footage to justify Mr. **'s reasoning for terminating my membership immediately. It was embarrassing and unjust.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I will just start by saying I do not have a signed contract with NYSC. I've never worked out there, and somehow they billed me over ~$1,000. I have been going back and forth with NYSC for over 6 months (what a headache). This place is a complete scam and is an example of a company that just doesn't know how to do the right thing and doesn't understand the value/cost of having integrity. I have never had such horrible customer service from Management. I had one manager approve the refund. (Very shady way - saying he had to do it in 3 installments over 3 months.) But he apparently got fired.

After over a month of trying to get the contact information for a decision maker, I get the Area Sales Manager and he is even worst. He is unresponsive. He sees that I do not have a contract and says that I need to have proof that I talked to the GM prior to 6/19. Why? I couldn't tell you but I definitely have a call log that says such. I sent it and he completely ignored it and won't respond to anything. This is absolutely mind blowing. Had they just done the right thing in the first place, I might have positive associations with their brand, refer them and even sign a contract when I was ready to sign up for a gym. Instead, they are forever corrupt, shady and a company that I will never set foot in and never recommend.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Get Ripped at New York Sports Club!! Before you agree to signing up to this gym a few things you should know. 1. Read and keep a copy of your contract. 2. Pay attention to the small print because when you decide to leave the gym it’s all about the small print. 3. Corporate customer service and local gym management are useless by giving you the runaround. 4. Make sure you cancel 45 days in advance. 5. Watch out for all miscellaneous hidden fees may or may not be in the contract.

My son wanted a gym membership and the gym was reasonable at $10 a month. Aside from registration fees all was good. Fast forward one year, my son heads off to college. He neglected to cancel his membership, he made several attempts to cancel over the phone and he was told he needed to cancel in person. My husband had to cancel the membership in person but was told because we did not cancel 45 days in advance my son was going to get charged the renewal fees for the following year $65 plus the additional months. In total they have deducted $150 worth of fees! In addition his monthly went up and he was not notified. Thank you for ripping us off!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My husband and I recently moved to the Bay Ridge part of Brooklyn. NYSC is the only gym that is offered in that area. Mostly all of NYSC's I have been to are amazing (most of them being in the NYC itself). BUT, the NYSC on 3rd Avenue in Bay Ridge has to be the worst and dirtiest NYSC I have ever been too. The equipment is severely outdated, the cardio machines are always broken or they do not have enough machines for their customers, the stretching area alone have been closed for months with no work being done, and in the men's locker room the lockers doors are falling off and outdated and the bath is a complete disaster zone. Not to mention how dirty the facility ALWAYS is.

This facility is not up to par with NYSC standards. For customer that pay premium rates and rates keep going up, we should have a great gym! We always get promotion emails to lower our monthly payments but it's for new members only. If only new customer received these offers these problems would both a lot of the customers they currently have. I will be canceling my membership at the end of this month.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I was a member of the club for about a year when I decided to cancel my membership in May 2018. The lady who helped me gave me a form to fill in and put it in a folder and said someone would be in touch. A month later, membership had not been canceled and my card was credited. I went back to the gym (633 3rd Ave.) and no one could locate my form.

They said someone would get in touch with me. NOTHING. Another month and another credit to my card. I have been to that gym at least 6 times in the past 3 months trying to resolve this issue and every time I'm referred to a different person who promises to resolve my issue but doesn't!! Last time I was there, was given an email address belonging to the Regional Manager (Ian). I sent an email immediately. This was 2 weeks ago and I haven't received even an acknowledgment of receipt. Just called now and guess what... the same excuse... "Manager just stepped out, someone will get in touch with you." What utter ** is this? If you can't handle your customers SHUT YOUR DOORS!!! I WANT MY MONEY!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I've canceled my membership in September. When I went to cancel my membership I went to the gym at Atlas Park Queens New York to speak to a young lady. She was too busy answering her Instagram and Facebook in order to reply or answer my questions. She flung off paper and a pen and said, "Sign here". When I try to ask questions regarding my policy she did not answer. She said she doesn't know. Management doesn't even exist in this place. I requested to speak to someone. Never did.

Furthermore it took them 2 weeks to answer me in regards to my cancellation. They advised that out it would be charges which were paid. Then two months later they charge me another $60 for membership for the following year which I was not using. I was canceling not renewing. I think they get those words confused. Not only does this charge does not make sense it's ridiculous and instead of trying to talk or understand they just say, "It the policy. That's what you signed up for," and hang up the phone on you. I would urge anyone who wants a quality gym this is definitely not it. Also 90% of the time the sauna room does not work. They always say they're working on it to fix it but they never actually fix it.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I upgraded my membership to regional and it was not processed correctly. I was charged $15 each time I went to the other gym, not too my knowledge I was charged $105 for those fees (Sept 29); was told it will be a credit. I called the gym. They said they'd fix it and issue me a credit on my debit card. When I called they also charged me $59.99 (Oct 1) to upgrade not including the months worth of membership and then I was charged $35.25 (Oct 2) for the non-upgraded membership the day after I upgraded. I'm ready to cancel the whole membership and I want all of my money back because I spent $200 within a week for what? Garden City gym has old equipment and nothing is sanitary; honestly it's gross. The Massapequa gym doesn't even have a sauna or steam room. It's TOTAL ** that I'm not being given credit on my debit card. I DO NOT want a credit to my membership account. I want a credit to my debit card and to end this membership.

New York Sports Club Company Information