In-Shape Health Clubs

In-Shape Health Clubs is ranked one of the top 20 health club companies in the United States and owns and operates 69 locations in California. Founded in 1981 with one club and a vision for helping people stay healthy and have fun, the company has experienced strong, consistent growth that has exceeded expectations.

Stop by any one of our locations and you will experience state-of-the-art equipment and programs for men, women, and children. Let one of our professional and courteous employees show you the many amenities that will meet your family's health needs. There is no need to look further - you have found your home for an “In-Shape Lifestyle.”

Compare Health Clubs

Research top Health Clubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The gym is only cleaned by one mexican guy there at this location. He is very nice. He is always working and doing his job. The women's bathroom shower is always disgusting period. I would never shower there again. The staff stands around and talks entirely too much. The personal trainers have no idea what they are doing. I have observe them all. I would never pay them actual money. That's a joke! Amanda the so-called district manager is very unprofessional. She is never prepare, she doesn't remember people names and she is very rude.The staff never knows where she is located. She also lies to your face. Who hired her? Clearly they need to rethink her being there. Because of her is the main reason why my family is leaving and telling as many people that we can about our experience. The corporate office needs to replace her period.

My family and I will be leaving this horrible gym soon. The perks are laughable. Their spinning wheel is actually just sitting in this one women's office every day all day. The sad thing is she is the worst one from the staff. She looks disgusting every time I see her. She really need to lead by example and use the actual machines. The customer service is just horrible. Why hasn't corporate taken action. By the way my family reach out to corporate. They aren't doing anything about. It's just fine. A new gym by the name of planet fitness is opening up across the street from my home in visalia so the joke is on In-Shape. They are going to be losing a lot of customers so in the end I'm fine with that.

I enjoy going to my Aqua Zumba class on Saturdays in Victorville, Ca. In-Shape. On two occasions now, when I arrive to class, it has been canceled due to the pool being dirty. They were aware of it the night before. It would have been nice if they had posted on their website, that the pool would be closed, so we wouldn't have had to make that drive. The attitude at the front desk is, "Oh well sorry". Also, the pool in Palmdale, Ca is closed today.

I joined In-Shape gym 1 year ago. Since joining I had many issues with this gym. The staff is very rude. When you sign in they are too busy having personal conversations on a daily basis. I always had to interrupt to get a towel. Most of the time towels were not available. They claimed they were in wash. Another major issue was wandering children. I have seen kids sleep in the lobby with no adult while I assume parents were working out and left children to sit in lobby. Children wander whole gym all the time. It's a day care but it seems they don't go or are supervised properly. I also came in for a friend to get a free pass on several occasions and every time we were asked to wait for over 20 minutes, each time staff was just wandering around not doing anything. On one occasion I came in and the young lady asked my friend if he wanted on my membership. Shouldn't she have been asking me that since I was the member.

I brought it to her attention and she was very snobby and ignored me altogether. All my friend wanted was a pass. The staff is very unprofessional and rude and disrespectful. Male staff always wander in the cardiovascular room and stare at the women from behind. It's very uncomfortable to be stared at sexually when working out. Not okay. The male staff were never cleaning just staring at all the women from behind. It was never any reason for them to be in the room but everyday they are watching TV and staring at women instead of doing their jobs. The shower room is nasty... always towels on floor and broken shower heads. Lockers were broken on several occasions and not fixed as well. The list goes on with complaints about this Tracy gym. It is not worth $60 a month and I don't suggest you attend this gym. It is horrible and people are so rude there.

I would not recommend this gym to anyone. I also had membership issues in the beginning. They kept saying it was a computer glitch and they would put me on the right contract. I requested but that never happened. The staff turn around is constant which is another issue because no one knows what's going on and has to ask someone else. Do not attend this gym. It is a rip off and looks can be deceiving. The pool was broke for weeks at a time and the hot tub... it was always yellow tape around it so it could never be used. Staff kept telling me it would be open soon but that never happened either. When you complain about the conditions you are told Chuck the manager is never available and always in a meeting which I know wasn't true either. I never did meet Chuck if he was even in the building which I doubt.

Maintenance is not a top priority in this particular establishment whether it's equipment or cleanliness. In the men's shower rooms the silver baskets that hold your trunks or shampoo bottle have not been replaced nor have the soap dispensers been fixed in two of the shower stalls. The appliance that gyrates swimming trunks off their moisture does not work. We're on the third week with this problem.

Epic fail to your members! I have been a member for over 7 years. The cut backs and management changes are a joke. For the price of membership you would think they would have house keeping and clean facilities. In the last 2 months American Canyon and Vallejo clubs have had minimal classes to take! No spin!!! The only instructor with any personality is Jasmine, and she is hardly there anymore. In-Shape you have gotten too greedy and you have forgotten to think of your members. Would caution anyone looking into In-Shape clubs. Look for smaller non corporate gym to go to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about In-Shape Health Clubs?

I have noticed over the last 3 years that there is no one cleaning the gym at In-Shape in Concord. In the cardio room the exposed pipes and ceiling fans have about a 1/2 inch of black dust on them. In another room there is black mold on the HVAC pipes. I have asked the manager about cleaning them but nothing is ever done. I thought going to the gym was to get healthy but here at In-Shape in Concord I worry about my health. Can't something be done to force them to clean this mess?

I have had a membership with In-Shape through AARP (United Health Care) for approximately 8 years. This year, 20l6, I had been gone for a while due to illness and decided to return. At that time, I signed up for a personal trainer, being assured I could cancel this at any time. After one month, i.e. February 20l6, I decided to cancel. I talked to In-Shape locally and they said I had to talk with Corporate. I attempted to reach them 10 times, always put on hold, the last time being one and one-half hours. So, I forwarded 8 postcards to addresses in Stockton, which were furnished on website. Since then, they have continued billing my account for $82.50 per month. I changed my debit card. Somehow they were able to obtain new card and/or checking account number and have continued billing me. I have emailed them on many occasions, have talked with AARP and am asking an attorney to write a letter on my behalf.

I am asking my account with them for personal training be closed and, in addition, I am asking for a refund for months of Feb, March, April and May 2016, each in amount of $82.50, i.e. $330.00. In addition, if my request is not granted within 10 days from date Attorney wrote letter, I will request a bit more money for elder abuse, stress and now, unfortunately, I will have to leave Union Bank in order to no longer be charged the $82.50 per month. I have been with Union Bank for 30 years. I feel In-Shape is a scam, it has become dirty, and they prey on senior citizens. I had my training from Nicole, who was great. She was aware that I had cancelled the service, so how can they say I had not cancelled and, in addition, said they refused my cancellation. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on you, In-Shape.

Back in February of 2015 I had added my ex-girlfriend to my account. There was some issue with the computer the representative was using and it was giving him a hard time adding her to my account so he had us sit at another desk and helped us get my ex added on my account. Something happened during that desk change and there was a separate account created for her and at the same time she was added to my account. I signed the endorsement request and paid the 25 dollars to add her. I also signed a form showing my new payments of 64 and change a month. I did not notice it at first but I was being charged twice from my account for her. I used to pay 36 for myself. It went up to 64 with her and at the same time I was being charged 64, I was also being charged a separate 36 dollars a month. When I first saw it I went to the local Victorville gym. I was advised it was just a service fee once a year so I didn't think much of it.

I noticed it again after a few months and went back. The rep said he did not see a duplicate transaction on my account and that it could have been the yearly service fee. There was no way they would see the duplicate payment because there was a separate account for her. Months pass and I split with my ex. I go and take her off my account. My payment goes back to 36 but I always get a separate charge of 36 on the exact day of the month. This time I go back a few months on my bank statement and see they have been charging me twice for her even after I took her off. I go back to the Victorville location and submit bank statements. I was advised by the manager that it would get forwarded to corporate for review for a refund. A week passes by so I call for an update. The manager says she still has not heard anything from corporate regarding my refund and to give it a few more days.

I call after a week and still the same answer. I call corporate another week apart and they tell me that no request for a refund was ever requested on my account and never got my copies of the bank statement. The rep I spoke to on the phone advised me to email them to corporate. I email the verifications and give them time to work on it since it was already about closing time for them. 2 days later I call and they say they can't find the email I email to a different rep. I give it a few more days and call back and a rep tells me that my refund is in process and pending approval. I verified my mail was correct so I can get it in time. Turns out they had some issue with verifying the address on file and never called me to let me know.

Then the rep tells me the check might be under my ex's name. I ask why if the account being charged was mine. She says she cannot say for sure it will be under her name or mine but she did notate it on the system to make sure I will get my refund under my name to my address. It's going over 2 months now and they haven't been able to resolve my issue. I would hate to wait for the refund to get here only to find out I can't cash it since it is under her name.

I have been a member of In-Shape for at least 9 years, in Visalia now in Modesto. Now I am a SilverSneakers Member. Received a free few minutes with a trainer, spent time with THEM, shared that I now had osteoporosis so really needed to work out correctly. I was very clear with them that I might work with them a few times but under no circumstance would I sign a contract that locked me into a period of time. They talked and talked and then came to an agreement as to a cost for a session. When they gave me the Papers I again said no time period contract. Of course they assured me that wasn't what I was signing.

Stupid Me. Then when I said I could not afford to do any more sessions I was told to call corporate to cancel. Then told by corporate I could not get out of it. I had signed a contract for a year. All the time these trainers are saying "just let us be your bestfriend and help you". Now I will pay $120.00 to get out of a contract I could not afford in the first place. Shame on you IN-SHAPE.

I am not writing this as a jaded customer... although I should be. Hope this helps someone make a wise decision for themselves - to sign or not to sign on the dotted line. 1 star. Zero stars, actually. I have had a gym membership at other places for the totality of my life and know how it goes. It is easy to get into once you pay or they have your card #, you put up with crap and indifference as a member and then it is expensive and near impossible to get out. In a nutshell. This place takes it to a new level. If I can help just one person to avoid In-Shape, this is worth my time in writing. You will be promised the moon and Sun to join here. Money enters system. You are left in the cold. False promises - child care, nutrition plan, juice bar, perks. Right.

We have been members at an exclusive "Diamond Club" for several months. (2 people) Several months of hell. This club is no longer a Diamond club, it is a Platinum now and we have no recourse via Corporate to have our prices come down at all. No notice, no letter, no nothing of the change. No idea why this happened. That is one thing... We pay over $600 for training sessions each twice a week including our membership. Crazy. Maybe OK if we got what we pay for but no. The personal training sessions have been an on-going nightmare. We are always on time, ready to go. Trainers have not been. Late, no shows, every excuse in the book to reschedule, changing times permanently to fit their lifestyles of eating, working out, homework, their friends and napping.

Being nice and understanding does not help in this situation. It just breeds frustration. I am missing sessions, management cares about nothing except getting your money and Corporate has a bunch of trained expressions they feed you geared to make you go away. We joined to have our goals met and it is hard when we cannot even train when scheduled. This is the era of the entitled 20 year olds running things? I cannot wait to try and burn through my remaining training sessions and be done with this place. If feels like an Underworld going on here... just like organized crime. Legal robbery. We feel so ripped off and I would tell anyone to steer clear. Staff walks around working out, deflecting members' complaints with excuses and being on their cell phones.

I could write 8 pages on everything we have been through here but this would just be too long of a review. Just be aware of other issues other than rip off-syndrome such as bacterial infections where members reportedly required medical treatment from the gym towels and hot tub. I am praying we can get out of this at the end clean and somewhat unscathed. Will cancel the card with the bank just to be sure! Watch your online banking and credit card statements for extra charges you have not authorized!

I joined In-Shape Health Club in Tracy, CA July 2015. First thing I did not authorize auto payment. I told the salesperson I wanted to pay by check monthly. She agreed to my terms. Then I noticed the withdrawals were being made automatically. They even accepted a check payment from my first month after joining! After a while I found that the club was terribly managed and ran by teenagers! Children in the pool without parent supervision all the time! I was told I could change the contract any time or cancel.

I called corporate to downgrade my contract and they said they would charge a $79 fee for changing the contract. I asked to waive the fee since I was a member and was willing to stay one. They denied my request. So I asked if there was a fee to cancel. They said no. So I canceled my contract. They didn't even try to keep me by making me an offer. Terrible business people. Highly recommend you look elsewhere for health and fitness training facility. Do not join In-Shape Health Clubs.

On August 2015, I joined the club on a monthly basis because I had the possibility to leave town (which I did for 3 months) as told Jeff membership manager. He advised me to take my free session with the private trainer; he showed me the machines for 1/2 hour and back to his office where he kept his sales speech. I kept telling him several times that I ONLY needed for around 6 or so. He started to get some paper out to sign for me which I did TRUSTING HIM AS A MEMBER OF THE CLUB. He NEVER EVER mentioned months or when I asked him cancellation he said: "just come to me and we cancel it at any time." Next day I found out the the #9 was not sessions as I thought, were MONTHS which he NEVER mentioned. What a 'SNEAKY/DISHONEST ' tactics. I just called the club and no 'APOLOGY' at all. Costed me the 20% fee of the total. $160.00 SHAME ON THEM!!!

My daughter who is fresh out of high school went in and thought she was only getting a month to month membership. Was fooled. The salesman knew he had a young inexperience girl advantage of her and took advantage of her. We are talking about the In-Shape visalia off goshen and demaree. Also when I call the girl at the desk was very rude and didn't care.

Warning! Don't sign up with this gym. Their sales staff will make you promises that the company won't honor. They are the most expensive in Bakersfield and they will rip you off! They are quick to take your money and I'm still waiting on a refund after canceling several weeks ago. Facts: I paid several hundred dollars to get started using a trainer. After a few sessions they stopped allowing a trainer claiming that even though the money was taken out of my bank account (that same day) that they would not allow me to continue using the training service I paid for because of issues on their end, so I canceled on the 15th of last month.

They have had every excuse in the world not to refund. (1) It takes them two weeks to even issue a check. (Why not electronic deposit it back directly in the same account they immediately withdrew it from?) (2) I was told a check was mailed on the October 2nd, (7 days ago) and I still have not received the check. I just contacted them and was told by (Vanessa) that she does not work for the post office and I wasn't allowed to speak with management directly. She said my only option was to wait two more weeks from next Tuesday (Oct 13th) and she will submit another request for a check that will take another two weeks to get approved. (They must really be hurting for money!) Go anywhere else but this gym or you will regret it!

I have been a member unfortunately for eight months now at the Manteca location. This place is a joke. The woman's locker is dirty. The pool always has loud obnoxious kids whose parents aren't even in the pool with them. When I wanted to sign up for the child care center they wanted a $49 service charge. I can't wait till my membership ends. This place rips people off and only care about money in their pockets.

In-Shape in Lompoc, nice place. The membership options were presented in handwriting to me. During this meeting, I had to write these options down in a legible contract format. Also, the contract conditions and the cancellation fees were not presented at all. Looking online, In-Shape's cancellation policy is costly! Also, can they legally re-process credit card payments using their expiration date update program? In-Shape can still charge even when their facility is down. And In-Shape makes the cancellation decision if you move, not you. Yuck. I hope people review the cancellation policy and note the non-standard membership dues when considering membership.

BEWARE! I have chronic back problems and I have had several back and neck surgeries. I've been in the recuperating stage for several years as well as on pain management and in the midst of things I have gain lots of weight. I was tired of the weight gain and pain, so I thought I would check IN-SHAPE out. I explain to them my health conditions and told them I wanted to try things out to see if my body can take the workout. I also ask if I could speak to someone who is an expert to assist me, so I would know what types of exercise or equipment that could help or hurt me. Someone who could guide me correctly during my trial period. I was informed by several employees (manager, trainer, and other staff members) that there was no problem and I can cancel anytime and they understood the conditions and was aware that my health might not allow me to participate and yet reassured me several times I could cancel.

I signed up on 4/28 and started on 5/6 and canceled on 5/18 and I was told it will be canceled. However on 6/2/15 IN-SHAPE took out of my account $70.00, $41.99, plus I was charged overdraft in the amount of $34.99, which I wasn't expecting them to take anything out of my account that I canceled and I only had enough to pay my bill. I went to the gym and talked to the manager and explain that money was taken out of my account and I was told they will take care of it. I also spoke to the corporate office, supposedly the owner and still nothing happened. I explain to these people my medical condition and also that I was not aware that I was signing a contract. They told me the paperwork was so they can keep up the potential customers and can keep count. If they had told me it was a contract then I would have explain to them that I can't sign contracts, that I have a disability. BEWARE!

I was told I would owe 56 per month. When the amount was taken from my account (mandatory) it was 61.99. I'm quite upset and will call corporate in the morning. In-Shape is the only game in town here in Tracy as well.

When I signed up I was told there would be a pool and tennis lessons and there is neither and they never told me I was singing a 12 month contract!

Merced only has In-Shape. The company bought all the gyms. We hoped for improvement. Immediately the indoor pool closed like 8 months. They never updated or told members why, when or who... just moved us in the cold, to outdoor pool... said "Hey, drive to Atwater 15 min away if you want indoor pool." Ridiculous behaviour. The girl at desk... most are clueless. They never update classes on site. We show up for water aerobics and end up with someone who couldn't teach a water aerobic class if her life depended on it. Like really? You want her to represent In-Shape? We ask that the pool be at 82 as contract states, we do well to get 75 once in awhile. The pool could have ice cubes, they'd tell you it's 82 or whatever degree you tell them it should be... Maybe the pool is calibrated 10 degrees minus? You complain it is colder. It's indoors. How hard can it be? Some of us only use the pool.

I do not appreciate being called sweetie or honey either... How rude... Get some customer service training. Staff always feel empowered to be rude. Ask to talk

General Manager, she blows you off... Must be nice to feel no consequences to your actions. People complain constantly, but since they are a monopoly we put up with it. Most using pool do so for health issues. It would be nice to feel confident it will be warm, and clean for classes. Instead razors are found, hairballs floating for days until one of us ask "Please" to have someone clean pool. Jacuzzi has crap on sides of wall... come on... There are toe nail clipping in pool area for a whole week until one person asked for a broom and dust pan.

Ok, so you are forewarned... Join knowing they don't give a **. The instructors are great, excluding sub... but In-Shape requires instructors to find their own sub with no quality control. What can I say? I'm surprised they haven't had a class action suit. Post temperature on digital thermometer for all to see... yeah right.

I told that IN SHAPE was going to have Jiu jitsu classes and cross fit in December of 2013 by a person named **. She is the one who I signed the IN SHAPE contract. They still don’t have the classes and I’m stuck in the contract until December 2016. Why are they doing sales pitches if they can't honor what they tell clients? Also when you’re working out the personal trainers are hovering around like vultures trying to drum up business. I quit going because I don’t like being approached and pressured by the personal trainers. I’m stuck with the expense and waiting for the contract to expire.

Palmdale West location: I received an email for a free trainer session & I thought what the heck, I have a bad back. Maybe they can show me how to be careful. So of course after the session I sat down with the trainer and his manager (Josh). Josh kept pushing personal training on me. I told him I needed to talk to my husband first and I'd let him know the next day. He talked me into at least filling the paperwork out. Not even 2 hours later I called him and told him my husband didn't think it was a good idea to spend $269 a month and I wasn't going to do it (especially at the time it was November… holidays coming up).

Shame on me for filling out any paperwork in the first place because even though Josh assured me he'd wait several days later I receive a notification from my bank that I'm overdrawn. So I called Josh immediately and he told me “Oh no problem. It will take 7-10 business days and it will be taken care of & you will be fully refunded.” That was Nov. 26th 2014.

On Dec 22nd I received a partial reimbursement for $169.00 and to this day (1/27/15), I am STILL calling regularly to find out where the remainder of my money is. I've spoken not only to Josh SEVERAL times but to the manager Mike ** SEVERAL times and every time I get the "Ok we'll look into it and call you back" and I NEVER have received a call from them. Their customer service is horrible & they are ripping people off left and right. This company should be ashamed!!

I'm making a complaint against In-Shape because when I signed up with them I didn't have my credit card info. with me so they told me that it was okay to have my fees taken out of my daughter's account until I change it over. So now I go down to have them stop taking payments out of my daughter account, I bring in the information they ask for which is my account and routing number, they gave me a form to fill out, I did all of that. So the following month they went back into my daughter's account and tried to get payment for my dues, which made her bank account overdrawn by 38 dollars. Then they went again, made it overdrawn again. Went back the third time, got payment. A few weeks later went back into her account and tried to get the yearly fee and same thing again, overdrawn her account. This is not right. They have no business going in her account trying to get my payments because I did everything they asked for to get off her account. And when I go in to talk to someone they act like they're doing something about it but don't.

My husband and I live in North Carolina. On 12/14/2014 we notice a $500.00 credit card charge by in-shape health, Brentwood, CA. What the **? We never even heard of this place. Can't figure how they got my info.

I was told when I signed up for In Shape fitness that I would only pay monthly and if I did not pay I would be automatically canceled. They also assured me that before any payments made through my credit card, they would inform me for charges. I trusted them. What an idiot I was. I only used the membership for one month. They kept billing me. I canceled my credit card. Now I get notices after 4 months that the charges have accrued and need to pay 200 to cancel. Otherwise they will take it to collections. They are crooks. Their policy is to get your credit card information right away so they can keep billing you. Now they want me to send them a registered letter to cancel and that take 30 days after they receive it. I cannot believe this. I am very pissed off with the setup of them. I tried to call but they said their service is down. I see them opening centers all over. Now I see how they're doing it. If you join make sure you read the contract really good. Don't listen to the personnel. They will tell you anything to get your card number. I know when I signed up with them. I did not receive anything saying they would be billing me monthly without my consent.

I had complained several times to management about the unclean pool and Jacuzzi i.e. murky water, floating brown stuff and black scum around the Jacuzzi. After two weeks of water workouts I developed Mastitis in my left breast which is a bacteria that entered into my nipple along with Tinea Corpris- Fungi (ringworm) caused by pool surfaces. After 10 days of medication, a very painful breast and high temperatures, I recovered. Management will not return my phone calls or emails to compensate me for my medical bills, pain and suffering. I have no choice but to contact my lawyer. I highly suggest that everyone stays out of the water.

I have only been a member since August 2015. Someone (another female member most likely) went into my locker in the women's locker room, took my DL & car keys, then stole my car on Thursday night 10/2/14. I feel completely stupid for leaving the locker unlocked after I took another towel out. The staff did nothing; didn't ask anyone if they saw anything, didn't check the locker room, didn't look around outside with me (8pm) and most importantly, have not reviewed the security camera footage even now. They just gave me an Incident report to complete and said the manager would call in the morning. No one ever called!

The Vallejo PD came right away but none of the staff could show him the video; said only a manager could do that. The next morning, Friday I finally got a District Manager from the Lincoln rd facility to agree to go there & review the video. Hours later he said, "I'll have to get my IT person in here, I can't get the video to run". I am really disappointed they are not showing any willingness to cooperate & help with this, I really hope the police will get the video from them. I would think the staff would be eager to review this video, unless they are covering for someone. I don't want to attend a facility with criminals. I will certainly miss the Cycling group.

For the first month, my family got towels on request when we used In-Shape. The day we joined, the salesgirl told us where to get towels and no charge was mentioned. After the first month, I asked for a towel and was told I would have to sign up for a "towel fee," eight dollars a month. Nowhere in the contract does it say this and I asked another member, who said she gets towels without charge. If they don't like you, they screw with you like that. Another day, my kids went to the place and a stupid ** named Jasmine turned them away, said their parents had to accompany them. She was wrong, stupidly wrong and her manager set her straight. She was unapologetic and she was on duty when I was told about the towel charge. Beware of Jasmine, the silly git.

I joined In-Shape in West Manteca. Was there maybe 3 months and got a sore on my chest. Went to the dr and was told it was MRSA and that I had gotten it from using the same towel to clean the machines that everyone else does at In-Shape... I have been battling it ever since and I will have to deal with that for the rest of my life!! I joined to get healthy instead I got a lifetime disease! I never went back but yet paid my monthly 20.00 for the year I signed up for. I went in July 28 and filled out my paperwork for my 30-day notice to quit. The manager Vince even signed it and they are still taking that 20.00 a month out of my account two months later. I have spoken to Vince twice and he swears he will get it taken care of yet nothing has and my money has not been refunded... I am so done at this point.

I went into the Porterville In Shape right at a year ago to inquire about memberships for us. Your team does a GREAT job on closing the sale, however, your after sale customer service is truly broken! If I had been told the gym was going to go through a complete remodel AND stay open, I would have held off on joining. What a mess! The last time we went to work out, most areas were under construction, machines on top of each other with people working out on them, I was done, this is not what I signed up for. We were given several training sessions as part of our contract. We showed up to a no call no show of the person twice that is broken. I discussed my concerns with the local mgt and staff with no follow through.

I emailed on several occasions to what I believed was your Corporate Office, no response. I have heard nothing from your team for months, BUT, I did just get a bill in the mail, I guess when I signed up and paid in full for two memberships, the time is up. So, I called your Stockton office and spoke to a Daila, who was no help. What I loved the most was asking to speak to a District Manager, someone who I would hope would have a vested interest in the companies practices. I was told I should go back to the gym and speak to the mgt there due to they may be different. As I was discussing my concerns and frustration with her, I hear music, I was put on hold without any communication just put on hold, I hung up. It was a perfect example of how you have used me as a customer for a year now.

She did call back and leave a message claiming she did not know what happen, which is false, you are the one who put the phone on music.... I want resolution to this. I gave you over $800.00 in advance not to work out in chaos while you were a greedy company and continued to stay open 24 hours a day to make the remodel extend months beyond versus if it was done correctly like most companies and been quick. I want to work out, but this has been a huge mistake on your part and reading the other concerns below and knowing they are only a moment in time, I am confident in my frustration with your company. You do realize, you are a people business.... If we do not show up, you do not exist.... You have wasted a lot of my time locally and on the phone and online and yet you have not fixed the issue.

I expect a call back not from the local store manager, but someone who can fix this. I want to know why your company would not have been transparent during such an extensive remodel and what you are going to do to make sure a customer is happy with their investment.... I have been waiting all year.... now I am really disappointed that you have no issue with sending out a bill, it is just about you. And your customer service agents are walls that will not get customers to the next level and think putting them on hold with music leaving them talking is acceptable..... If Amazon was in the gym business, you would be gone!! !

In-Shape Health Clubs Company Profile