3.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 21, 2018

915 Gold's Gym Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

Gold's Gym seems to be fast losing its original charm. The branch at Pune, Hadapsar, India which we joined seems only to focus on saving cost. Complaints either go unattended or at best partly attended. Each year for instance Swim pool is not regularly filtered. Shower rooms don't work and have broken latches and knobs for months at stretch. The Manager there has very good lung power and thus most customers are made to shut up and give up. Survival strategy seems to be by getting new enrollment, even though short-lived, as opposed to working on long-term members. It is Time the Gold Gym HQ took some interest to rekindle the lost glory.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Gold's it's not just a gym - it's a mindset. I've experienced other gyms, never longer than a year. Gold's is what I call my home away from home. I simply do not believe any bad reviews because I know this family since joining in 2009, and they are accommodating to their members. Look, you can go to another gym and feel hallow. Or you can join a team/ family... If you want support, you get it. If you wanna just work out and be left alone, you can have that too. I can talk forever, but the 1 way to find out for yourself is get over there and see for yourself. It cost nothing for a free pass!

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

I joined Gold's Gym a few months ago at the Baxter and Clayton Rd location in St. Louis, MO. This location used to be 24 Hour Fitness which I was a member years ago. I never had the following issues. 1) Men's Locker Room: Some of the inside of the lockers have a sign not to use the lockers with a personal lock because it's easy for others to break into them and instead, members should use their rental lockers with built-in locks. When I first joined, I asked if such lockers were available and the salesperson said that members need to bring their own locks. 2) Many of the lockers on the inside are damp and have leftover items in it. I have complained and was advised they only clean out lockers before close or early in the morning but no more.

3) Showers: The floor has drainage problems because the floor is often flooded between the shower stalls; not all of the shower stalls close; shower heads often don’t work or spray in several directions and are filthy; the Hot/Cold Water labels are different than how the handle actually works; the inside shower doors 'always' has what appears to be soap and water stains or semen. MOLD: The shower walls 'always' have large orange stains. Last week, I went into the first stall on the right and after accidentally backing up to my upper back against the wall, I jumped after noticing what appeared to be a grouping of spotted orange and pink stains out from the faucet handle which had a dark orange-pinkish ring around it.

I quickly went to another stall which also had similar stains on the walls and around the faucet handle. Thank God for shower shoes! I felt so disgusted that I wanted to take shower from the shower! Speaking of shower shoes; the floor is often nasty to look at as well; with buildup on some areas and orange spots or black spots on other areas. Also, at times, the soap dispenser on the wall is broken in on the floor in others. The soap; it is a foam but it dissolves quickly at first the touch of water and is useless for showering. *I have reported the showers to employees at the front desk but comments are usually; "Thanks for telling us;" "It is cleaned daily" which I call BS!

4) The Hot Tub: At times, the water is luke-warm; or when sitting in it, the holes where the water shoots out of (not the jets) near the steps, feels like scalding water when my body is too close. At times there is floating fuzzies, what looks like pieces of food or dirt, or. The sign on the wall in the pool says, "If need to report issues to contact the Health Department not Gold's Gym." 5) When I first joined, the hours were still in effect for the 24 hours which helped with my work shifts till 11p and 1a shifts to use the hot tub after a long workday. About 2 weeks after joining, the hours were changed with closing at 11 pm (M-F) and 8p (S/Su). I was locked into a 3 month contract.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

My experience with Gold's began with my checking out the month-to-month with no app fee online offer. When I got to the pay screen, up popped 2 months charges, not just one, so I did not press enter to pay, I deleted all my credit card info and backed completely out of the site. A couple of weeks later, there were Gold's Gym charges on my credit card (the card I never actually entered) - charges for a bit more than 2 months. I went to the gym and was told that wasn't possible, they said they could see that I attempted to sign up but I had not completed it! You can't get out of there without a lengthy spiel - okay, I must go online to request a refund and I could then sign up for the month-to-month. I did so, but there was no month-to-month with free application anymore - now it had to be a 4 month contract. Like a fool, I signed up. (The gym is practically at my back door and so convenient.)

There were then 2 separate occasions wherein I was told when I checked in that the name on my account did not match the name associated with my membership tag. Ok, so they said never mind, they fixed it - both times. Then there was the issue of no classes if you are the only one participating. You go and wait for them to round up the class instructor, then are told to wait while they try to find someone else to participate, and wind up leaving without a class. I went in the gym on January 8 and told the manager I wanted to cancel my membership. He said I could not cancel until February. He also had trouble finding my account online (wanted to show me I had signed up for 4 months), then found it and said the name was wrong! OK, he fixed the name and then printed out a stack of pages with x's all over them. I asked what is that? He said my electronic signatures. He said come back in Feb.

There was no legitimate reason for him not to process the cancellation at that time, with an effective date of Feb. By then I was really annoyed and went home to check out the contract. When I went online to check out the contract, I got a message that my name is not associated with the bar code on my card! I called the gym on February 12 and told the girl who answered that my name is not on my account. She gave some completely incomprehensible reason for that. I told her, "I had been in to cancel and was told it could not be done until February so now please have the manager cancel for me." I was told the manager would call me. I told her I do not want the manager to call me - I already put in my cancellation request with him and I do not have time to go through another sales pitch. I don't know how they could possibly legally require anything more of me in order for me to gain a cancellation.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Absolute WORST customer service experience I've ever encountered from a gym. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A MEMBERSHIP!!! They do not hold their employees accountable. I spoke to an employee who failed to disclose pertinent information regarding the terms of the contract so he could get that quick new membership notch on his belt. Management refused to even apologize for his employee's actions. I asked if the employee that lied to me would be sat down and management said no. Management said that Gold's Gym offers excellent training!

Apparently they train their employees to mislead their members and/or prospective members. I work for Enterprise who knows that customer service is the most important part of a company. This company along with other respectable companies go out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction. I will never refer anyone to Gold's Gym. This gym fails to meet the minimum expectations that we as consumers should expect.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I just found out that the facility in Phillipsburg, NJ allowed a minor to sign a membership contract, not only for herself, but her boyfriend as well. We all moved to NC and they were also told the contract would be cancelled if they moved to an area where there isn't a facility. They keep contacting these kids after my husband contacted the facility, ABC Financial (payment processing), and corporate. Nobody seems to care that Chelsea broke the law by allowing a minor to enter into a contract and now nobody will cancel it. I emailed the liaison between the company and the facility and did not get a response. She was also told when she signed up that she couldn't have a copy of the contract because she was a minor. Imagine that.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Staff is non engaged at least with a carefree attitude. As in stay, go, or whatever you like just don't disturb my phone time. The facility is clean. The folks doing that seem dedicated to that. Very good. Upkeep- if it works ok if not we get to it one day. Customer satisfaction is 0. Local management isn't going to answer emails, complaints, or anything of that nature. Hours, again keep dwindling to less. Value poor. Current access and facilities would be a value at 15.00 A month. There are so many negative reviews on Google and here but yet nothing is followed up on.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I joined this gym and signed up for a trainer, terrible mistake!!! I had health issues, a car accident and two deaths in my family from out of state requiring back and forth travel to help out prior to losing them. I guess these things happen when you age. This gym never gave me copies of any contract I signed. None!! I tried to get online. Found someone associated with Gold's Gym that I thought was helping me - they disappeared after several emails. I finally managed to get to their website and found one contract, the gym, printed it out and discovered I needed to call the gym. I did and was informed I needed to send a certified, notarized letter or come in person to cancel. This is approaching ridiculous now.

I go in and the gym manager cancels my gym membership BUT!! I HAVE TO MEET WITH SOMEONE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ON THE TRAINER. I'm informed on trainer contract, that I never received, that I will be billed until April. I said I no longer have gym membership and cannot use a trainer, too bad I will be billed. I signed a contract. I said I would stop payment on my card. He said they would turn over to collections. I never received a copy of this contract. The trainer isn't getting paid if I don't go for sessions. It goes to administration. This is a racket. They are robbing people here. I can't go to any future sessions if gym membership is cancelled so just what are they doing. This may sound petty but it's $180 a month.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Was very happy with Gold's Gym Live Oak, all instructors and staff welcoming and positive. Little did I realize what a high bar they set until moved to Hill Country Village. Classes canceled without reflecting on the website, amplified by a "Who cares," attitude by staff. Finally canceled membership right after Christmas. Manager says they are charging me another month because I canceled with 29 days notice instead of 30 days notice. "Sorry" is not only the manager's reply, it is the quality of service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Today been kick out from Hurghada branch of Gold's Gym as they start to work just at 3 pm because all Staff is praying. Firstly no one told me while I made membership that gym is working from 3 pm at Fridays, Second, I really wonder why they can't have a Christian employee to handle facility working at Friday, why should I waste half of my day off because of someone's religious reason, And last - why I have to be kicked out of cafe zone in gym where I planning waiting until 3 pm, it's abusing and so rude attitude, I wonder how such a well known brand as Gold's Gym left such a poor management to Egyptian branch.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Few times a year I would freeze my account due to traveling. This time I did two week in advanced. However I notice that they charge me, however the whole thing is mean they supposed to not charge! So I called them and they playing dumb, like they never got my email, I sent them a copy of original that I sent, they keep playing dumb. Asking me to sent them an email that will show email that I use. Such a waste of my time. I hate this gym and now their customer service!!! Never had issues with 24 Hour Fitness, except they closed for remodeling. Cannot wait for them to open again!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I have a contract at Gold's Gym Laval that started when the gym opened. I recently moved to another city far from the gym and won't be able to go to the gym anymore. I requested a cancellation but I kept getting a very hard time with the employees at the gym and sometimes a rude service. Transferring my membership is not a very good option, my contract is for 9.99$ but when I transfer it becomes 18.99$ for the new member instead of the current price of 23.99$ which is not very enticing PLUS there is a 49$ + tx fee! I am really disappointed with the service I am getting especially since I really have no way of going to this gym since I am now living too far from it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Myself and my fiance decided we would like to join a gym here in Montclair CA. I had received some emails for free trials so we picked Gold's Gym to go look at, as soon as we both walked in the door we felt like we were at a car lot, there were 8 or 9 young men at tables waiting to sign you up. Don't get me wrong. The gym is very nice but here is where it gets uncomfortable, by the time we did the walk through tour sat back down to talk about our free trial.

Had another young man come over to explain to us that our membership was only going to cost us $899.00 a piece for 3 months which included a personal trainer 2 times a week, plus $150.00 a piece to sign up plus a $30.00 fee for something else. We were shocked. As I stated I felt as if we were buying a new car. Oh and by the way the 7 day free trial only cost $31.00 and change. Needless to say we didn't sign up. We walked in looking for a very low key work-out and not something that would have cost us close to $2500.00 dollars for 3 months. Did I mention we are 60 years old lol. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have NEVER belonged to Gold's Gym Santa Barbara - yet every 2 months I receive a voice message that my credit card expired and I need to call the Goleta or downtown gyms to update my credit card. When I call the manager to complain, they check, apologize and then ask me if I want a week at the club to make it up to me! I NEVER said yes. Is this a tactic to bring in new business? Disgusting and unethical. Such a hassle for me to keep calling them back. They never stop!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have a month-to-month membership to Gold's Gym. I have called the gym to cancel my membership and was told that only the manager can cancel the membership. I've called and emailed the manager, but have not had any reply. It's now passed the 30 day notification. This is unacceptable. It's like Gold's Gym does not want it to be easy to cancel. I will not recommend anyone to Gold's Gym.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

My husband and I are members at Gold's Gym on Danforth and Santa Fe in Edmond Oklahoma and have been for many years. I am 6 months pregnant and wanted to maybe use the Gold's on Memorial because my friends use the gym. We went in to possibly upgrade on 09/20/2017 at around 8:00 PM from a one club membership to an all club when Simon ** sat my husband and I down and tried to pressure us to cancel our current memberships and start all over with a processing fee and initiation fee as well. He said he could waive the initiation fee but we had to pay for the first and last month again. I told him it sounded a little shady so he told us if we didn't sign up again we could get out of his club or pay a day fee?

We are already members and I would have liked to try the club out and then upgrade to an all club membership but instead I left the club in tears because of how he treated us. He was very aggressive with me and made me feel scared to even see him again. He has some scary tattoos all up and down his arms that he showed off to intimidate us and used a very stern voice while he was grinding his teeth talking to us. I felt like we could have been attacked by this man if we didn't leave. I've working in HR before and this man is by far the worst person I have ever talked to. He should not be representing your company at all and is going to be the downfall of this club.

I know over 50 people that take classes and use that gym. I was invited by my girl friend to come and check it out and this very unprofessional maniac kicked us out. Even the front desk guy was confused when we were leaving because we came in and told him we are here to use the gym and upgrade. I really hope you handle this problem because a cancer like this can and will destroy your reputation in our community. Word of mouth spreads very fast. Simon ** is a very bad person who only cares about money and getting a sale. He looked at us like his paycheck that he needs very bad and seemed very desperate. We are definitely not going back if he still works for your company and we will tell all of our friends about our experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I signed up for a year with Gold's Gym in TX, went for a couple of months and then stopped going. No big deal, just lost interest but understood I would be charged for that full year and was fine with it. Per my online account my contract ended in June 2017. Turns out as an added 'convenience' they go month to month after your contract ends and you physically have to come in and cancel your account. It is now September and I have been paying them for nothing since June. They will not refund this, AND, when I went in to cancel they are still going to charge me another payment to complete the full month. In summary, these people are the worst and this is as close to scam as a service can be, at least in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I went to a Gold's Gym on Patton Ave. in Asheville. I was directly lied to about how my information was to be used by the front staff (even before I joined the gym). They were overly nice and sticky sweet. I joined on a no-contract offer and signed on with 4 sessions of personal training at $63 a piece with a trainer called Kyle. He did not, at that time, disclose to me that he had given his two weeks, and that the sessions were nonrefundable. The two sessions I had were not helpful, I basically just paid for a print off and that initial motivation that gets you to come in once a week. The day of our third session he texted me and to cancel due to family emergency. Then, after a week of asking around, I found out he had left that gym. That would have been ok, but because he had terminated without communicating that to his clients, or that no other member on the Gold's Gym staff sought to inform said clients, showed lack of corporate integrity.

Finally, after 3 weeks, the manager came out and told me there is no refund or transference of the last two weeks of sessions. I could gift them to someone or use them myself, that was all. She also had no way to give me a third party's another Gold's Gym staff member to contact, that of which is hardly credible. Gold's Gym doesn't care about you, your personal fitness goals, or their corporate integrity. Good luck and avoid the training sessions.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I saw a great ad in the paper for a great deal at Gold's Gym in Fayetteville N.C. 19.99 a month for a 1 year contract. Great, I went to the gym and was warmly received by the sales person Lauren. She gave me the basic info on the gym. All good. Then she introduced me to the manager Antonio. He was asking me some questions about what I was looking to achieve with the working out. It seemed like basic questioning. Then he proceeded to tell me about the personal training that was available at the gym. It sounded at first like it was free so he had my attention. Mind you it has been years since I have been to a gym of any kind. I told him I could use some help at first using some of the machines to make sure I was using them correctly. He said "Absolutely. Would you like to work with a woman or a man trainer" and I said, "A man." "Great!!!"

Then he starts telling me about how much this will cost and I about choked. 50 dollars an hour was the going rate and I said, "No way. I can't afford that." So a negotiation ensued. I said, "Ok I will use the service once a week for a month at a cost of 100 dollars." That is half an hour once a week plus 1 free hour. So in total 3 hours total or about 33 dollars per hour. Mind you this is my first visit to the gym and I was a little uncomfortable just being there. Next thing I know I am signing what I thought was my 1 year membership to the gym agreement but what I was really signing was a one year agreement with the personal trainer for a total of 1200 dollars. I should have paid more attention.

So I went through the 3 hours total with Dwann who was very good and I thanked him. He then was surprised because he thought he was going to continue with me for 1 year. I told him that I only agreed to the 3 hours and he went to his computer and said I would be billed another 100 dollars on the 21st of each month for a year. I approached Antonio and he said he couldn't do anything and he gave me a card with the number to call. They said I could not cancel unless I moved or had a medical situation. Bottom line is verbally what we talked about was 1 month and I got stuck for one year which is deceptive practice. Everybody related to the gym are acting like robots on this issue. Nobody will lift a finger to help me. I will keep fighting this until I get fixed!!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

Don't assume that this is a "standard" contract. They have it written so unfairly you almost need a lawyer to get out of it. If you don't play by their rules, they threaten to destroy your credit. Of course Golds Gym will tell you that these are the policies of ABC Financial who administers the contract. Don't feel that you are safe because there are Gold's Gyms all over the place so they must be doing something right. Yes, you can eventually get out of the contract but they make it so difficult that you're tempted to just keep paying the fee. I will NEVER do business with Golds Gym and if you see any reference to a company called ABC Financial, RUN AWAY!

Original review: July 10, 2017

You know when I was starting up I said to the guy, one year only! But I ended up being in a 3 year contract. I let it go no big deal. Here I am going to the gym up until the point where I'm moving so I try to give them a notice and ask them to cancel my membership. THIS IS WHERE ** GOT REAL. Horrible customer services and to top it off they didn't want to cancel my gym membership, even when I bloody show them proof of me leaving. They still didn't want to accept that.

To all who are thinking about signing up for this gym, do not and I mean do not sign up for this bs. It's a giant big scam. They love you until you want to leave. Then it feels like you are **, the way they treat you. This is just a complete joke. How can I be charge for something I do not bloody own even when I am not even there to use it. Ridiculous!!! Never miss a payment, not once! This Gold's Gym company or whatever they are is just one giant big scammers out to get your money. What kind of place stops someone from leaving when it's there money. People do not avoid the warning. Just stay away from this gym. Jesus, I had a better experience from Retro than this ** place.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I became a member for 4 months then I had to cancel my membership because I was moving to different city which was 1 hr 30 min away from Phillipsburg, NJ. So, the Gold Gym staff gave me a number to call to cancel my acct which I did call and managed to do a stop payment on my credit card. Those people told me that they will email me the details of what things to provide them to 100% cancel the acct. I waited and they never emailed me (probably that is the way to suck us in the scam) and due to my move to different city I forgot to call them back and changing address etc. After 3 months I started receiving phone calls from Credit Service people that I didn't paid bills to Gold's Gym, $430 and Gold's Gym moved my acct to Credit Service.

I was so not happy so, I called Phillipsburg Gym to complain them why I am receiving phone calls from Credit Service. The manager (Donna) tells me that I didn't pay attention so I have to deal with this matter and writing me in a email. "Best of luck" (Really?) This is how Gold's Gym treat their customers. I don't know why even they are still in business. They are the worst company. FYI I am not going to pay $430. Gold's Gym are the biggest scammers after the IRS fake scammers in United States of America. I wish this company closes down or change the management. Train the staffs how to treat their customers. Customers should never have to deal with Credit company at first. I even sent a mail through USPS hard copy of a dispute charge letter. I and my wife totally hate Gold's Gym anymore.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Gold's Gym sends out promotional offers that do not reflect to actual membership dues. Example - "Join for 19.87 per month + Bring a Friend Free for 1 Year." Beware. This ad does not tell you that there is an additional annual fee. As a side note - You'll also pay a daily or monthly fee for child care. As for the free friend - I'm betting they get hounded to pay, based on the point of sales experience I've had twice now.

Original review: July 5, 2017

It’s so disappointing to see that I not the first person that Gold’s Gym has been stealing money from. At the beginning everything was perfect. Loved the gym. The staff was great but after I was 6 months pregnant I stopped going to the gym therefore my husband decided to cancel my membership since I was under his account. Well they said everything was taken care of, but guess what I was wrong after 6 months of supposedly canceling the membership I receive a letter saying they have been trying to contact me with no luck which that was such a lie. No phone calls at all... after I tried calling corporate it would send me to Gold’s Gym location.

I went so spoke to manager. No help at all. He said I had to call the number it appears on the collections letter. Let him know that's what I did but keeps sending me to him which he did not help at all. Tried explaining in detail still no help. Said I still appear as open account and even if I didn't went to work out. He can't do anything. Let him know I never received phone calls that if they would’ve contacted me the first month they notice I didn't pay they should’ve called me since I am really strict with my payments. Said he was sorry but couldn't do anything. And I don't know what to do now. No email. Can't speak to corporate. I will make sure to tell people about Gold’s Gym. And won't stop until I take them to court since they keep on doing this to people... I need them to contact me before I get a hold of my lawyer.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Have been going to 2 different Gold's Gyms for over 3 months now. The one on the expressway in Oklahoma City mostly. I had noticed for a week that the bathroom showers were out of soap. The first time I let it go. A week went by and went back that next Monday night. Still to my surprise the showers were still out of soap. I had gone to the front desk and made mention to them that the showers needed soap. The lady working said she would let her manager know. I said ok. So I went back a 3rd week still the same crap bathrooms still out of soap. I went to the front desk again said the same thing.

The lady said the same thing back. She would let her manager know. It sounds like the people at this gym do not give a crap about their jobs or the people who go there. If I have to mention soap one more time I won't be nice about it any longer. 3 weeks without soap is too long. It should of been done the 1st time I said something. If you all don't have the staff to get the job done then you all need to hire some people willing to do their job.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I cancelled my membership because I moved. They started charging me again a few months later saying I "verbally agreed to start up a contract". I got hung up on several times and given the run around so I had to work through my bank to dispute the charge. Apparently it is very common.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Do not join this gym! They claim it's month to month but that's simply not true. You need to know 3 months in advance, if you'd like to leave. They'll nickel and dime you all the way out the door, including, paying an annual fee that you have no intention of using because you just quit. This gym is the worst and Carrie is condescending and unwilling to help. She appears to be the manager or owner. Not a good business person. She'd rather $100 now than have your business later on down the road. STUPID!!!

Original review: June 9, 2017

My husband and I signed up for Gold's Gym Membership In Clermont, FL through their promotion in early May 2017. We went there about 3 times within that month. We realized our kids were not comfortable with their accommodations and neither did we. On June 5, 2017 I went to cancel membership, spoke with General Manager, who told me to send request via email to him and then he would forward request to corporate. The manager went on to say he would reply to me the same day or next day with an update. I did as he suggested and yet to receive any update.

On June 9, 2017 Gold's Gym deducted membership services, plus, the cost was higher than what we saw on the flyer. This prompt us to call the gym to resolve the issue. I requested to speak to the manager. A staff member told us he was addressing an issue and couldn't come to the phone. She began to screen us intensively and promise to give us a call back after we insisted to speak to the manager.

We waited for a while, call back, and requested to speak to manager, this time, we got him on the phone. We explained to him what we have experienced and seek to get some assistance with how to reverse the transaction. He was very unprofessional and lack the knowledge of customer service. We requested to speak to corporate, he added that, the best way to reach corporate was through email and there is an area manager but he can't give out her number. This leave me to think that people like us are just suckers and not of any value to their business. ANOTHER VALUABLE LESSON WELL LEARNT!!!

Original review: June 9, 2017

GOLDs GYM VALENCIA #goldsgymvalencia #goldsgym would give them a -10 rating if I could. I signed up for a month to month NO CONTRACT deal before they opened up and paid first and last. A few month in I canceled through their corporate office and as per paperwork I stopped payments and thought I was done with them. A few month later some guy calls me and demands payments on my account. I told him, I canceled through their corporate office per email and phone conversation month ago. He said that was not valid and I had to come in to cancel... There was a certain "process". I told him I was month to month, I canceled period. Periodically he would call again and I kept saying the same thing and told him to stop harassing me. Long story short, they sent my "account" to Collection with a $200 balance... Seriously? It's a month to month for $26 and I paid last month. Total crooks!!!!

Original review: June 8, 2017

Been going to Gold's Gym and training myself for over a year and a half. I was going to get a trainer for like 8 sessions. Come to find out they charge 90 dollars for every half hour session. Ridiculous so I told them I'll get back to them. Now every week they keep asking if I want a trainer. I said no not paying 90 dollars every half hour. Trainers are bored not getting enough clients. Well geesh look at the cost. Trainers are standing around most of the time, must be nice to have that job. Another complaint. People and their cell phones sitting on machines not using the machines for hour at a time back, if they are using they get attitudes. I switch up machines and some of those machines are limited. I will not renew my membership with them. The trainers are like reading from a cue card corporate robots.

Gold's Gym expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Gold’s Gym was founded in 1965 in Venice, California. After being featured in a bodybuilding documentary in 1977 starring Lou Ferrigno and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Gold’s Gym gained popularity and expanded internationally. It now has over 700 company-owned and franchise locations in 38 states and 28 countries.

• Fully equipped: Gold’s Gym built its reputation through a commitment to functional, state-of-the-art equipment. It continuously updates its fitness equipment and programs to reflect the latest developments in the fitness industry and exercise science.

• Group exercise options: Gold’s Gym offers many fitness classes, including popular options like spin class, mixed martial arts, Zumba, Pilates, yoga and more.

• Personal trainers: Gold’s Gym employs certified personal trainers to help customers plan fitness programs and meet goals. You can work with a trainer one-on-one or in group training sessions.

• Child care area: Customers who have children may appreciate Gold’s Gym’s child care areas. Kids can participate in supervised activities, crafts and games while parents and caregivers exercise.

• Express locations: While most Gold’s Gym locations are large, fully-appointed fitness centers, the company recognizes that some customers prefer a smaller, less intimidating workout experience. The new Gold’s Gym Express is a no-frills, basic gym for those who prefer a fast, simple workout. There are currently ten Express locations with plans to open more.

• Best for: athletes, fitness buffs and novices.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs