Gold's Gym

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers

Research top Gyms and Fitness Centers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Recently I joined Gold's Gym in Etihad mall ladies. I was suffering from a bad back pain and dr told me not to exercise. I provide the gym with medical report (as was stated in my contract to cancel my membership and return the money back). They are over promising. At the beginning they said the paper was not approved. After providing them reasonable answers, they said that it takes 3-4 weeks to process the money refund. Now it's been a month that nothing has come up from their side. They are simply liars. I am trying to contact the branch manager. Every time they said she is in meeting. It was a very bad mistake I've ever made in my life to join them. They are liars.

I was trying to talk to manager Ed ** from Gold's Gym Bear Creek, Houston Texas. He rejected me. I left his office and went back to front desk. He went back to front desk, he did not even look at me. I was trying to talk to him about my membership and how uncomfortable I am with it. I have been a member for that gym for 4 years and I have had spent when I started more than 300 dollars in personal training and also paying monthly 56 dollars, and that is not including the day care.

Now I have a baby, I was trying to see if I can get a discount on my regular membership since I would like to add now day care. He did not even tried to listened to me, and all he said was, "we cannot change it." I was saying that I think it's unfair me paying 56 monthly that is divided in regular membership and signature classes and all my friends are paying 10 dollars for their membership, and I have been a good member of that gym, love to exercise and religiously love to go every day.

He just kept saying "we can't change it," and I said "well, would you rather lose a member?" And he said yes... what kind of manager is that? I think he needs to take a class of customer service skills, don't know what was wrong with him, and why he was against me. It almost felt personal, and I don't even know him. There were also other witnesses there... Hope this can be heard, and something can be done about this.

I've had tattoo that were less permanent than this membership. If you join this gym understand that you are signing up for life because they do not let you cancel. Besides the required form and certified letters to ABC Financial in order to cancel, they simply don't read them. I moved states over a year ago and have called, emailed, and send 4 letters to cancel. All of which ended without cancellation. They just keep charging you. What's worse, if you change your card to not pay, they continue to bill you and send collectors after you. If you call to resolve this, they simply tell you to send the form letter to their address and cannot cancel over the phone.

Oh, and where do you get this form to send in the letter? That's easy. Just pick it up from the gym (which is now 1200 miles from where I live). Then when you do get it and resend, they "lose" the letter and loop continues. The have lost me as a customer for life and I hope I can save a few of you from going through this. ** GOLD'S GYM!

When calling to cancel, the process is easy. You get verbal confirmation that your membership is canceled. Months later, you get a call saying that you owe money and that you must pay. After calling the franchise, they say that all managers are busy (conveniently) and that you need to pay. I mention that we called and canceled but the person on the phone just says the cancellation probably mistakenly did not go through, but we still must pay. Checking online, this is a common fraudulent practice that they are doing to others as well.

It's a shame that a gym with such an array of equipment and variety of services is so poorly managed. There are no posted rules for using the shared equipment, so there are constant confrontations between members. Some members "reserve" exercise machines by placing a water bottle on the seat, then they disappear somewhere in the gym. But if another member tries to use the vacant machine, there is a confrontation and heated disagreement over who has the "right" to that machine. Other members simply drape themselves across the machine while using their iPhone. And they are greatly offended if someone else asks to use the machine. So actually getting a decent workout at the gym is hard. And it makes for an unpleasant environment with members arguing over who has access to the equipment.

This should be an easy problem for management to address. Simply post rules of etiquette for the members so that it is clear how members should use the shared equipment. Yet no rules are posted, and this has been the situation for at least 1 year since I've been a member. I am surprised I haven't seen any physical fights yet, but maybe I just wasn't there when they happened. Or maybe there hasn't been any yet, who knows. But I do have to say the place appears to have no responsible management and that has to lead to problems eventually. So despite having a paid membership it is hard to get access to the machines and get a decent workout.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Worst!!! Cancellation Policy. I contracted for one year. Paid my dues on time. After one year they automatically started deducting my account. I called and they said, "you have to give 30 day notice." I gave a notice. Still my account was getting deducted every month. I got really mad and called and I was told "you have to pay and send us in writing." I was so HAD IT with Gold's Gym. I wrote a letter and clearly stated "cancel my account" and guess what? Again this month I saw my credit card getting charges deducted again. Gold Gym is a doing a highway robbery and no one is paying any attention. I am writing a letter to BBB as this Gold Gym is a big scam in getting people's money.

It is easy to join the gym anytime. The facility is fine, the employees are nice enough. I object to their cancellation policy. I went to the counter on October 3rd to inform them that I was going to move, and that I wanted to cancel my membership. They gave me a slip of paper with my account number and a phone number to call in order to cancel my membership. The number is for a company called ABC Financial, who apparently handles their billing. At the time that I wanted to cancel, I was working full time, going to school, and preparing to move out of state. I was super busy, and I did not contact ABC until I noticed that there was a charge on my bank account for the month of December.

My beef is this: If you inform them at the counter, why can't Gold's Gym contact ABC Financial and tell them that you want to cancel your membership? If there is a balance due, then ABC would still handle it, but the cancellation date would be established. I think that Gold's Gym is taking advantage of the fact that a lot of people will drop the ball and not contact ABC in time to avoid further charges. I consider it a transparent, sleazy, scam. I was told that they require 30 days notice, which was fine with me, even though I would be paying for the month of November when I would not even be in the same state. And I later found out that they have a $100.00 per year membership fee, which I was also ok with. But now I am looking at paying for December and January before I can get out of their clutches.

I called my bank and got December's money back, and I blocked any further debits from that company. I don't want to damage my credit, so I called the gym and talked to the manager to try to get him to waive the extra two months fees, but he said that he could not. I think that is bogus, and that their cancellation policy is an intentional way to generate additional income from their members. I would not recommend that anyone join their gym because of this reason.

Gold's Gym notified me today that they intend to violate the terms of service on a membership I paid cash for 3 months ago. I paid extra for the express gold membership which allows guests to come in with the member and they have decided that I can no longer bring guests. They are violating the terms of the contract and Colorado Consumer Protection laws as well. Buyer beware... they cannot be trusted.

There has been a high amount of thefts reported and management does absolutely nothing about it. They're aware of the problem but refused to provide members with a safe environment. A gym should feel welcoming and safe. Locks are being broken and property is being stolen. When speaking to management, you will be lucky to get an "oh well" response.

Gold's gym is the worst gym, mean and rude customer service and the manager is not polite. I had bad experience with them which upsets me so much. I wanted to use 7 day free membership. THE manager refused to let me uses it since as they said I have cancelled my membership with them 6 months ago. And that condition is not mentioned on the ad, as if they discriminating against me. And they cheat people because when I signed my membership they said "you can cancel whenever you want". But technically they make me pay 39.99 annual fee even though they did not tell me about it and even though I was not complete a year for membership. I think they manipulate people, all they care about is to getting money out of the people, I will complain about it.

Took sign up fees, 2 monthly payments and member dues then closed down without notifying me! I hadn't been a member long. They made sure to get all they could get before they closed down! I called to ask why the location closed. I was given no answer and the guy I spoke to was very rude!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Long story short. I messed up. Gold's gym messed up. Member services did not return my call when I needed to quit. It took 8 days to return my e-mail. Manager at the gym was nice enough but not helpful. They kept sending me to member services. They made it difficult to quit after I moved and couldn't go in to sign the cancellation form. Somehow I can't get that across to them. A month since my original call to member services and I still don't have a form to sign to cancel my membership. I'm not proud of my behavior, and they make me very angry. I paid last month's fees when signing up and they wouldn't let me use it for the dues listed in the e-mail below. I will warn you they DO NOT have Amazon and Costco type customer service.

I was a member of a gym called Fitness First, and I loved it. They had great facilities and customer service. Fitness First was acquired by Gold's Gym and all that changed. My original contract with Fitness First stated that my rates could never increase. When Gold's bought Fitness First, members were told they would honor our original contracts. Gold's increased rates, when I complained they basically told me they didn't care, so I quit. They continued to bill me, when I refused to pay I got contacted by a collection agent. Reading other reviews, this appears as though it's their business model, bullying people into paying for services after they terminate their membership. I have contacted a lawyer regarding the collections and am considering a class action suit against them.

I canceled my personal training within 3 days. I had my confirmation number. That Friday Gold's Gym told $157.00 from my account regardless of my cancellation. I called customer care. I spoke to Lizbeth. Nasty attitude as soon as she answered the phone. I told her I was billed for services I cancelled and gave her my confirmation number. She proceeded to talk over me. I answered Sherlock not to talk over and she then started to argue with me. I was so angry about this. I asked for a supervisor and she told me no supervisor was available. I felt I was in a third world country and not America. So I asked her to refund my money. She told me October 21 2016 I would receive my money in 3-5 business days. Fine. So I wait and monitor my account.

The 6th day I have seen no refund. I call to see what is going on. Another nasty rep. I asked for the supervisor. Her name is Belinda. The nastiest ** I've talked to and I am ** myself. She tells me I must wait another 5 days because Lizbeth left off a reason code. I ask what she would do to reprimand Lizbeth. She tells me Lizbeth is human and that's that. Amusing? No it Not. It is November 3rd and I have yet to receive my money. This place needs to close. I hate Gold's Gym and I am counting down the days that my contract ends. Stay away from these demons!

I am a love with this gym, but what brought me to leave was the horrible customer service I was receiving when I called Customer Support. I received an overdraft fee from my bank because they billed me later than they should have. I made the call to them and the woman that answered was rude upon picking up the phone. All she did was interrupt me and did not allow me to finish talking. I asked her questions and she got quite annoyed, and it was expressed in her voice. I had to yell in order to get my words out. She sent me an email and then sent a confirmation that my payment was processed. Then I found out that all she did was try to process my payment again which caused another charge to my account and a negative fee balance. In the end my bank charged me 102.00 and then I still have to pay 40 a month for Gold's Gym.

I called again and another rude representative answered the phone. I told her my situation and she attempted to interrupt me, and I did not let her. She said, "Ma'am it's just like a car payment" I found that rude and inaccurate because it's not just like a car payment, and she was talking to me like I was stupid. I said, "It's like a what?" She then changed what she said. At that point I became very angry. She explained to me that if Gold's Gym gets a decline from an automatic account they attempt to bill again that Friday. I said, "Why? Why would y'all do that to people?" Once it declines of course they don't have money in their account so why would you try to take it out again two days later? (The whole reason why I didn't transfer money to that account was because I was waiting for a Letter of Merchant from Gold's Gym that was requested. I didn't want to put my hard-earned money into a negative balance that wasn't my fault.)

She told me it was all in the contract. I feel as if the person who signed me up did not give me those details. I asked to cancel my contract. She said, "Well let me see if you have that option." I said, "I do have that option," and she got mad and said, "We do not do that here." I said, "Ma'am I was just telling you that I had the option." And she said, "Ok let me check." At this point I'm so angry. It's like these representatives both expected me to be rude and as a result of them being rude and disrespectful, I had to stand up for myself. This is not customer service.

I recently provided a review concerning the friendliness of the staff at the Gold's Gym where I attend. On yesterday, 10/25/16, a visiting area manager interrupted the class that I was taking and told the instructor to turn down the music - Yes, unprofessional and rude. A new body pump launch track was being used. That person's comment broke the spirit of the class - what a bummer workout. How much more professional it would have been for that person to address this with the teacher after class. I guess I can't really blame the local staff for their service -- could be that customer service training is needed from the top!

Do not join Gold's Gym!!! I canceled my membership in June 2016 and still getting billed. The Manager ** at Gold's Gym, Goliad Road San Antonio, Texas is always too busy to talk to you. She is rude and not friendly at all. I've received letters from the corporation and it is the worst company to call, the first lady was rude and hung up on me and I called the following month, again another lady was very rude. She gave me her email and it was the wrong address. I called my bank at a 1 800# and the lady said they get a lot of calls about the BIG PROBLEMS they have with GOLD'S GYM. I went by my bank in my area and totally different person said that Gold's Gym was their worst complaint. I would like to start a sue, anyone with me?

I am a current loyal customer and have always sung the praises of this gym, however that has quickly changed as of this morning. Several weeks ago I asked one of the staff members, who was working the front desk, about a guest pass for my boyfriend. My boyfriend is a 15 yr marine, who was going to be taking a break from active duty to come visit me for a week, and wanted to see about using the gym while he was here. The girl at the front desk said to fill out the VIP pass information online and that should be fine...

I said ok, and did just that. This morning he went to the gym and was turned away. He was told that because he lived out of state that he couldn't use the pass, as the purpose of that pass is to sign up new members. Well, they are correct, he does live out of state... HE IS AN ACTIVE DUTY MARINE STATIONED IN CALIFORNIA!

I am irate at the fact that he was turned away after we followed the directions I was given. I will be looking to voice my complaint elsewhere and will also be cancelling my membership, in addition to spreading the word about this location and their poor treatment of their customers and their loved ones... especially a member of the military! This is simply unacceptable in my eyes.

We have canceled our membership but are still getting charged and Gold's Gym keeps giving us the runaround. It's the typical "gym" thing "Join a gym and still have to pay even after you cancel the membership." I am in the process of refuting these charges and will sue if I have to.

When I signed up they told me that my membership was going to be $23 and some odd change after tax which turned into $30. Their excuse for it was that my rate went up 10 days after I signed up. On top of that they told me that I had a 30-day money-back guarantee which they lied about that. They refuse to cancel my account. I'm still within 30 days and she doesn't want neither of the supervisors Erica or Belinda want to cancel my account. They keep saying that I don't qualify for the 30 day money back guarantee. What the hell does that mean? These people are crooks.

The gym is always dirty. The basketball courts are never swept. I got brand new basketball shoes and I'm slipping and sliding on the court and they act like their staff don't think so ain't nobody got time for that!! If you're consumer and you're reading this please don't sign up with them. You'll be highly disappointed. Also when I signed up I don't even get a contract that stated how much my birthday weekly payment was. It's pathetic. They don't deserve any customers the way they treat people. I had their corporate customer care office hang up on me more than once. They are ridiculous. They don't deserve to get paychecks.

I had a month to month membership. I cancelled the membership in-person in the club, via the phone, and via their website. They kept billing so I cancelled my credit card. Then they called my emergency contacts over and over again, including my mother who was answering the phone from her hospital bed. They are abusive and relentless and I will never do business with them again.

I called the corporate office for Gold's Gym two days ago about refunding the money which was $460 that they took out of my checking account for days that I didn't use the personal trainer. They said they will not refund the money because I was on contract. I explained to them that "I cancelled the personal trainer in August so why are you billing me for August and September?" Their response was because the billing fell on the 15th of each month, the payments are considered late.

Well if I cancelled before the due date and haven't seen the trainer nor been to the gym since the beginning of August, I would think the right thing to do is to refund the money, not keep it and be a crook about it!!! Oh fail to mention, I was still paying $17 every other week up until 2 days ago. I'm a Veteran who suffers physical pain due to injuries I received in Iraq. Was trying to build my body to be able to perform daily task at home and work. Thanks Gold's Gym for giving me more reasons not to trust business like you!!!

Watch out for these people. They will charge you for fees incorrectly then refuse to help, then refuse to refund the full amount even after they admit the mistake. We joined the Leesburg club before it was Gold's but during our membership it was purchased by Gold's. We took the opportunity to transfer to the Ashburn facility because it was nicer and closer. We followed the instructions of the Leesburg front desk to the tee. We paid for membership and personal training at the new club for full year in advance. Halfway through the second year we realized that the Leesburg club had begun charging us again. The Leesburg manager did nothing but challenge whether or not we had correctly canceled our membership at his club. When I returned to speak to him he had done nothing and couldn't even remember the situation.

I talked to the Ashburn club and they put their hands up, "We're a franchise, we have nothing to do with them". I talked to the Ashburn manager who said he would call the Leesburg manager. He did not do so. Again I solicited his help and he responded that I should get him all the information and he would see what he could do. Not convincing and I never heard from him again. Finally I contacted the home office. They researched the problem and admitted the mistake. However, they refused to refund the full overcharged amount citing a policy stating they will only refund 90 days of an overcharge. Not a law... a company policy that allows them to steal.

No one said "Gee, we screwed up and we're sorry"... no one. No one took the torch and said "Let's get this fixed"... no one. No one said "you've paid on time and been a valued customer"... no one. Leesburg didn't help at all. Ashburn disavowed responsibility. The home office admitted the mistake but stole our money anyway. Gold's Gym is not an ethical business and should not be considered if you value integrity.

I work out with the weight machines and all the time there are people just sitting at these and they are using their electronic devices instead of exercising at the Sunrise Gym in Brownsville, Texas. I have received surveys from Gold's Gym and each time I list this complaint and ask for something to be done as others have complained but do not see any improvement.

There is some major problem with quality of drinking water at the Knoxville west location. I kept getting sick without knowing for several days thinking it is the food. But then talking to other members they were all getting sick from the drinking water. The gym is familiar with the problem and I asked why they are not putting up signs on the water fountains and no answer. Completely unprofessional. I can't believe people are getting sick and nothing is even done about the problem. The water does smell but I see people still drinking it all the time. I stopped and finally feel better.

I called to cancel my membership... What a rip off they are. I did exactly how they wanted me to cancel my renewal membership which is by email with your CC and driver's license attached. They still are charging me. I called the branch office several times only to get a runaround. I called headquarters only to get promised cancellation and nothing. I will never EVER join this gym again. SCAMMERS.

Today, Aug. 20, 2016, I went with my son for his membership renewal. His membership ended in May, so we were told that he needed to start as "new" member since it was 3 months. Therefore, he needed to pay the enrollment and registration, which total was $258, plus monthly fee. We questioned them if you already had his info in your system why we needed to pay for registration and enrollment. Then they said OK to waive the registration. So far so good.

Once we continued ask if there was any other option. We were told if we would pay in front for 15 months plus the enrollment fee of $199, it would save us to pay monthly for 12 months. Being engaged in accounting, I catch it was incorrect. We would pay more if we chose 15 month program and pay total in front. Then the sales changed and said "Nope, I did not say to pay the enrollment if you paid in front for 15 month". Obviously, he tried to cover his "cheat". Then we were told, if we chose 12-month contract, then we were billed starting Sep., and the rest days of Aug. would be free. Sounds good, right! Nope, it was a "trap".

He saw we were kind of satisfied with it. Then he said we needed to pay tax top of the enrollment fee. I questioned I never heard sales tax to be top of the enrollment fee. He challenged that every fee was taxable. I told him I have been engaged in accounting, if you tried to make it up for charging the rest of Aug., then be honest to us. Don't sound like you were giving us a favor of "free" for the rest days of Aug.

We were happy to pay for what we would get. But we cannot accept any unfaithful presentation in order to get sales. We just did not like to deal with the contract which was not presented in its honest form. Therefore, we chose to leave. Even the sales did not apologize for his mis-presentation while we left. We would never deal with any business who has no any business integrity to their customers. If you are about to sign the contract with them, or you have done, I would be more careful for what would be hidden on the contract. Just my courtesy reminder.

I signed up for the Gold's Gym at 2117 NW 23rd St, Oklahoma City, OK 73107 in June. I have done my best to deal with the lack of equipment and the insane amount of people trying to use what equipment they do have, but I can't handle it anymore. I have gone in to this location on numerous occasions (today being one of them) only to walk right back out because of how crowded it is. Today I walked in and stood in the center of the weight area waiting on a flat bench to open up.

I waited for 20 minutes and not only did a flat bench not open up, but I was also keeping an out for the dumb bells I was going to need once a bench opened up...and of course the dumbbells from the weight of 45 lbs all the way to 75 lbs were all missing. I would also like to point out that the bench press was also being occupied at this time. This gym is WAYYY beyond capacity. They have oversold their memberships and now I am stuck in a contract 'til May of next year. I have to pay 56 bucks a month for a gym I can't even use!

I was a member to Golds Gym for about 6 or 7 years and I went into the store in Midland Plaza in Alcoa, TN to cancel my membership as I was plan on moving. The manager there on June 29th 2016 was very nice and helpful but he only cancelled my membership and not me and my son's membership. So when I was billed on July 25th, I was upset and called the customer service hotline at 1-866-465-3775 and spoke to a girl named Charity and I have to say that she was by far the rudest person in customer service that I spoke to in my life.

When she pulled up my info and I explained to her that I cancelled my membership and I still got billed and that I did it in the store with the manager online and he gave me a confirmation print out of my cancellation. She then proceeded to tell me that I did not go into the store and then it was done online. I said it was done online but at the actual store with the manager. She then proceeded to call me a liar when I asked her if she thought I was lying to her and then it escalated from that point and she basically told me to calm down and to shut my mouth.

Needless to say I was not happy at all. A person like that does not belong working in any environment with actual people. She does not know how to speak to people with respect. I called back and ask to speak to a manager and they told me that there was not a manager available and that I can leave a voicemail for the manager. The second time around I got a Yolanda on the phone and she was very nice and pleasant and helpful and people like her need to work there not people like Charity.

In 1981 I signed a gym contract for a new gym in Houston. The renewable terms clearly stated that I had the option to renew by making a payment within 30 days of first term end or any subsequent term. It also stated that my renewable option was only valid to a business owned by the original company that were in existence on the date of the contract (Mar 10, 1983). There was no mention of any long term renew until I die obligation nor was there any mention of a complicated cancellation process requirement. The club was sold to Bally's and they honored my annual renewal but never pushed me to renew and never asked for me to sign a new contract, saying the old contract was being honored. So I went on and off for several years and paid my small annual renewable within 30 days, per my contract, at my own "option to renew".

Bally's was then sold to Blast and I went there a few times but did not like them and chose to stop my renewals. The Gold's bought Blast and tried to say I owed them money even though I now lived more than 15 miles from the nearest Gold's location. I refused to pay and I quoted my original contract and was told by a Gold's employee that my file will be removed. Then I get a letter in January from a collection agency in Utah trying to say if I just pay a $115 "amnesty fee" my "debt" will be forgiven. Sounds like extortion, doesn't it? I again quoted the terms of my 1981 contract and tried to say I have no obligation to Gold's. Then I got a notice from my identity and credit service that I had a negative item on my credit report. In 40 years that never happened and sure enough Gold's went after my credit.

I filed complaints with the Texas State Attorney General, the FTC, and decided to try the BBB in Utah since that is the office location of the collection agency. I named both the collection agency and Gold's Gym (Dallas corporate address). I quoted the renewal terms from my contract from 1981 and asked them to help me get the collection agency and Gold's Gym to tell me on what legal grounds they were charging me an "amnesty fee" and reporting the unpaid debt to my credit file. The BBB Utah immediately responded by sending a request for information to the collection agency and an offer of binding arbitration. Within a couple of hours the collection agency responded saying they discussed it with Gold's Gym and they agreed to drop the file and report the derogatory item from my credit file. I will follow up to make sure this is don't.

Moral of the story: NEVER throw away a contract. If you don't have your contract you will need to send a certified letter asking for a copy. See if there is any wording that obligates you to a renew to death relationship with Gold's. It might be better if you don't have a copy of your original contract to invest in a lawyer visit to request it, might be harder to ignore your request. Read your contract. The wording may not obligate you to auto renew and if it does not specifically spell out a required cancellation process, then you may be able to defend yourself and get out of it. Also if you are stuck in an auto renew and Gold's has "messed up" or "lost" your request to cancel, rest assured, you will need a lawyer to send the next request. If they think you are easy to intimidate they won't leave you alone and they WILL mess up your credit.

Try the FTC, the Texas State Attorney General's office, and the BBB in Texas AND in the state where your collection agency is officed. Be sure to state quotes from your contract and keep the communications civil. Be sure to state what you want the outcome to be: ie. prove the legal grounds based on a contract you signed to continue to collect from you. Hopefully you will find wording in your contract to help you fight it. If not, focus on proving your attempts to cancel with their crazy process by having the requests send to Gold's by a law firm. Good luck. I can't believe Gold's is allowed to stay in business.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Gold’s Gym was founded in 1965 in Venice, California. After being featured in a bodybuilding documentary in 1977 starring Lou Ferrigno and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Gold’s Gym gained popularity and expanded internationally. It now has over 700 company-owned and franchise locations in 38 states and 28 countries.

• Fully equipped: Gold’s Gym built its reputation through a commitment to functional, state-of-the-art equipment. It continuously updates its fitness equipment and programs to reflect the latest developments in the fitness industry and exercise science.
  • Group exercise options: Gold’s Gym offers many fitness classes, including popular options like spin class, mixed martial arts, Zumba, Pilates, yoga and more.
  • Personal trainers: Gold’s Gym employs certified personal trainers to help customers plan fitness programs and meet goals. You can work with a trainer one-on-one or in group training sessions.
  • Child care area: Customers who have children may appreciate Gold’s Gym’s child care areas. Kids can participate in supervised activities, crafts and games while parents and caregivers exercise.
  • Express locations: While most Gold’s Gym locations are large, fully-appointed fitness centers, the company recognizes that some customers prefer a smaller, less intimidating workout experience. The new Gold’s Gym Express is a no-frills, basic gym for those who prefer a fast, simple workout. There are currently ten Express locations with plans to open more.
  • Best for athletes, fitness buffs and novices.

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers