Gold's Gym

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers

Research top Gyms and Fitness Centers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband and I signed up for Gold's Gym Membership In Clermont, FL through their promotion in early May 2017. We went there about 3 times within that month. We realized our kids were not comfortable with their accommodations and neither did we. On June 5, 2017 I went to cancel membership, spoke with General Manager, who told me to send request via email to him and then he would forward request to corporate. The manager went on to say he would reply to me the same day or next day with an update. I did as he suggested and yet to receive any update.

On June 9, 2017 Gold's Gym deducted membership services, plus, the cost was higher than what we saw on the flyer. This prompt us to call the gym to resolve the issue. I requested to speak to the manager. A staff member told us he was addressing an issue and couldn't come to the phone. She began to screen us intensively and promise to give us a call back after we insisted to speak to the manager.

We waited for a while, call back, and requested to speak to manager, this time, we got him on the phone. We explained to him what we have experienced and seek to get some assistance with how to reverse the transaction. He was very unprofessional and lack the knowledge of customer service. We requested to speak to corporate, he added that, the best way to reach corporate was through email and there is an area manager but he can't give out her number. This leave me to think that people like us are just suckers and not of any value to their business. ANOTHER VALUABLE LESSON WELL LEARNT!!!

GOLDs GYM VALENCIA #goldsgymvalencia #goldsgym would give them a -10 rating if I could. I signed up for a month to month NO CONTRACT deal before they opened up and paid first and last. A few month in I canceled through their corporate office and as per paperwork I stopped payments and thought I was done with them. A few month later some guy calls me and demands payments on my account. I told him, I canceled through their corporate office per email and phone conversation month ago. He said that was not valid and I had to come in to cancel... There was a certain "process". I told him I was month to month, I canceled period. Periodically he would call again and I kept saying the same thing and told him to stop harassing me. Long story short, they sent my "account" to Collection with a $200 balance... Seriously? It's a month to month for $26 and I paid last month. Total crooks!!!!

Been going to Gold's Gym and training myself for over a year and a half. I was going to get a trainer for like 8 sessions. Come to find out they charge 90 dollars for every half hour session. Ridiculous so I told them I'll get back to them. Now every week they keep asking if I want a trainer. I said no not paying 90 dollars every half hour. Trainers are bored not getting enough clients. Well geesh look at the cost. Trainers are standing around most of the time, must be nice to have that job. Another complaint. People and their cell phones sitting on machines not using the machines for hour at a time back, if they are using they get attitudes. I switch up machines and some of those machines are limited. I will not renew my membership with them. The trainers are like reading from a cue card corporate robots.

I like the positive atmosphere that you can feel as soon as you walk through the door. The gym is very big so you have more than enough room to use each machine efficiently and even incorporate your own exercises. I like that there is an upper level and there are televisions with all kinds of channels. There are personal trainers available and even classes that you can take to widen your variety or exercises. I love going to this gym but I have not been recently because I had a foot surgery and my boyfriend is very busy with his current job. But this gym has more than exceeded my expectations in every way and I cannot imagine my life without going to this gym. I am so glad that it is close to my home and filled with amazing people. I am happy that I found it and I have been a member for almost two years now. I hope they stay where they are and continue to do great things.

I had a group of friends that went there at Gold's Gym. We would have friendly competition. Needed an atmosphere where I could relax and hang out afterwards with my friends. The gym has good location. It's close to many other shops and diners. Clean, friendly staff, showers, snack bar nearby. It was conveniently located for me. I could stop right after work. And there's good parking. However, needed a place that I could go before or after work. I had to be at work at 7 am and wanted to go before work, but they opened at 6:00 AM. The gym needed to be open earlier in the morning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

I needed a gym that was open late so that I could go after my son was in bed. So I chose this gym because of the hours and location. It was also very close and convenient to me. I liked the functional fitness area with the astro turf, the ladies only area, and selection of dumb bells. The gym was clean and equipment was in working order. The hours worked with my schedule. The gym didn't have any lifting platforms. I would have liked an area with lifting platforms and free weights. There also weren't enough kettlebells or rowers. There was only one old rower in an odd location.

This gym is well worth the price. I really loved their women's area and that I can workout without feeling like I'm being watched all the time. I also like that there is a theatre workout room where I can watch movies while working out. That makes it a fun place to be. I had a personal trainer for a while as well, and I really appreciated the time they took to help me workout. I've got screws in my heel and they showed me ways to do get a proper workout without injuring myself. The staff is very friendly and professional then the sauna and shower area is also always clean! However, I wish there were more bikes as sometimes they are all in use. It'd also be nice to expand on the theatre area and get a wider variety of movies and showtimes.

The gym overcharged me over $430 caused a few NSF a month ago. They have promised to correct this since May 4th. Still nothing has been taken care of. There are several issues with this gym, but this is the priority right now. Does anyone have any ideas on where how I can move this forward?

The main reason I chose Gold"s Gym over the other gyms was mainly the childcare. The other features I like best about them aside from their excellent childcare are their wide variety of classes offered for all fitness levels, spacious workout area, mirrored rooms, range of free weights, and variety of machines. Though having the childcare open the same hours as the gym instead of closing for a chunk of time would be better. Other than that, Gold's Gym has absolutely met my expectations.

Gold's Gym is the world's best gym. They have very good facilities and lots of new, innovative equipment. There are also lots of packages and the membership price is cheap but has a very good value. We can also get good ideas about nutrition there and we can get the nutrition there, too. In addition, the instructors are very professional, helping us all the time. There are also lots of professional members there and it gives more moral to us.

I chose this gym because most of my family members are members of this gym. My family and I just love this gym and this gym is 5 minutes from my home. They don't have sometimes enough instructors to teach the class and sometimes some people can't work out because they are short staff. But that the only thing I don't like. I love the cardio exercise and I also burn a lot of calories. They also have all of the equipment that you need to work out. I'm very pleased with this gym.

It was easy to navigate the gym. It was spacious and there were plenty of machines so I rarely had to wait for very long to use one of them. It had up to date equipment. I mainly chose this gym due to the location being convenient for me at the time. It didn't really meet my expectations, though. This is mainly due to a lot of solicitation from personal trainers which I was not anticipated when I first started going to the gym. This made it frustrating to go because I was always having to tell them no. They also often didn't take no for an answer. They would tell my wife and I that we would fail in our goals if we didn't have a personal trainer.

The facilities at the branch that I went to was superb and the building always has a pleasant vibe when I go in there. I like that the machines have the safety feature in case you accidentally drop your weights. Then the weightlifting instructors are hands on if there is ever a problem. The branch also has a sauna and a pool. The people there are nice and do not make newbies feel intimidated. They are courteous to me when I walk in.

I like how Gold's Gym is in a lot of areas so if I want to attend one out of town I am able to do so. Staying in shape is top priority absolutely and I also appreciate the cleanliness of the facility. It is important to me. I love love love spa-like gyms and the cleanliness and special aura they give off. I also love gyms that provide me with special items. I have used a gym where they provided me with a robe to wear after my rinse off in their provided shower and I loved that robe. I do so also wish they have a sauna and jacuzzi next to each other, though I know they would get used frequently. I truly am thankful that I have a Gold's Gym very near my home and that is why I choose to frequent Gold's Gym.

I love the equipment. It is easy to use and Gold's Gym has more plentiful options than other gyms. They provide a large variety of options that are suitable to my needs. It has met my expectations as far as helping me keep focused on my goals and providing easy to use equipment for efficient workouts. The gym is also clean and appealing. However, the atmosphere is a bit intimidating. Everyone seems so advanced and often I have seen other gym members make fun of other members who may not be as advanced in their workouts.

A lot of people go to the gym meaning a little more motivation while seeing others with a goal complete it. It really boosts my self esteem and more when strangers compliment on the change I've done or my family and friends alone. I was 238 lb when I started. I'm at 206 now and it's been a big motivational change in my life starting with the employees that are really helpful and the people that surround me. However, the gym I go to "Gold's" is pretty small. There's enough to do but not enough space. I've been to the gyms in Orlando and they're so much bigger and more room to do exercises! Plus you don't feel like you're messing with someone's working. Having to stop while someone is passing by cause they have to "slide" through. Really kills the motivation. Maybe, they should open more areas. But overall, I recommend Gold's to everyone!

Gold's Gym exceeds my expectations at a very reasonable price. They are open at the hours that I want and it's close to my house so it is very convenient in a lot of aspects. Everything I need is there and easy to operate and they have very good trainers available whenever I have a problem or just need someone to help me with a machine or I need some advice. I'm able to go with my friends or have a quiet time working out by myself. I love it and my friend and family do as well.

I like the equipment and it's all up to date and well taken care of. Also, people are there to really work out. Not trying to get a date. A lot of gyms are like pick up places. I just want to get a great work out in. The locker rooms were small and had very little air circulation which led it to have a foul odor. Other than preferring to go home to shower, I like Gold's Gym and I really enjoyed my time there. The aerobics classes were one of the best I've been to. I chose the gym because it was highly recommended by a family member. I also recommend Gold's.

Gold's Gym helps you find what motivates you to keep coming back and staying fit and healthy and determined to do more and believe in yourself and what you can do. It has personal trainers that help you and stick with you to meet your fitness goals and all the equipment to get it done and help you by getting a mindset to drive you further. Even so, I'd like to see more variety in strength equipment and treadmill functions and the apps to get you even further when away from the gym and even more locations accessible from work gym.

This gym is closer to me than any others. There are never enough sanitizing wipes, the music played in the gym is far too loud and the locker rooms often have a shower or toilet stall out of order. But I like the overall atmosphere of the facility, and the equipment is always in good shape. The layout of the machines and equipment is simple. There are always plenty of machines and they are well-maintained. Also, being open 24 hours is a big plus. Overall this place meets my minimum expectations.

I like the selection of equipment, spacious areas, and the pool. The classes are fun and I enjoy the cinema room as well. There are plenty of amenities and choices of ways to be healthy. Everything seems to be accounted for. It'd be nice, though, if they had free wifi considering most people have cell phones that they use for music. Also, it would be cool if they had video game based machines where how you exercise affects the game. Other than that I think they offer enough.

I had a friend that started working at Gold's Gym and recommended it which made it a lot easier to make a decision. I liked how bright and clean the facility was. It was new when I started going and so all the equipment was brand new, locker rooms and everything were so clean. The machines were really current, and I also liked how it wasn't but three miles from my house and on the way home from work. At the front desk there was a lot of pressure to upgrade services but I don't like feeling pressured to spend money where I don't want to. Better training in subtle sales technique for the staff, so it's not a sales pitch all of the time. Apart from that, the gym definitely met my expectations.

Gold's Gym has very knowledgeable employees to help assist my workouts. I love the treadmill room with a movie theater. They have a great indoor basketball court for a fun day of cardio. It's a great place to go with friends after work to relieve some stress. Gold's Gym is one of the most unique gyms I've worked out at. They have plenty of exercise machines to keep you occupied. They've always met my needs as far as exercise equipment and friendly environment.

I chose Gold's Gym because they offered a family package that was within my budget. I have 5 kids and four of them are at the age where they can work out. The gym is less than a mile from my home so we can jog to and from the gym. I liked the overall aspects of the gym layout and the wide open space. I like the high ceilings and how the exercise bikes and treadmills are raised on a ledge. I like the women's workout area and how this leads straight into the locker room. I like how the locker room is big with many rooms. I also like the lockers, showers, and toilet areas. The gym always feels clean and modern. I love the quantity and quality of the equipment. I like me how there are multiple machines that do the same workout. I like the options and the amount of free weights it has.

I also chose this gym because if I decided to drive there, the parking lot is large and spacious. The windows looking out of the building are facing the parking lot and I am able to keep an eye on my car if I needed to. I like how the workers are friendly and know our names. I love the in-house daycare. I liked that the women's workout area has TV's that show that same daycare live. I am able to watch my son and know that he's ok. The prices of the daycare are reasonable as well. The workers are friendly and my son likes them.

However, I don't like how busy the gym has become. I understand that this is good for business but it's starting to feel like a desperate dating site. I don't like how we can't keep lockers overnight. I'd like to put some soap and toiletries in there for when I workout before work. I wouldn't leave dirty gym clothes that would smell. I really don't like the hours they are open for business. I would prefer it to be 24 hours. Maybe that way the crowds would be less. Not everyone has a 9 to 5 job. My son gets off work at 2 am and likes to workout afterward. He ended up getting a membership somewhere else.

Gold's Gym was convenient because it is near where I live so I decided to give it a try and everything went very well. I like the price I pay, it is reasonable. I love the physical appearance of the gym and the workers there really help you exercise. I am very satisfied with everything in that gym.

This facility is very impressive and has a great variety of equipment and programs. I enjoyed the swimming pool and I was surprised at the sheer amount of equipment from weights to cardio bikes with plenty of great movies to watch while working out. Also the music was appropriate for this facility. It would be nice if it had an olympic size pool. I would also like to see tennis courts and racquetball courts. I also believe that every center has a qualified nurse just in case of an emergency with its patrons. There is always a very real circumstance for which risk when people are exercising for people to get injured or suffer a cardiac arrest.

Other than that these facilities are excellent. Also, customer service exceeded expectations and is excellent with plenty of qualified staff for a variety of programs to help with a variety of fitness needs. There is even an excellent childcare facility for all patrons provided, is a great add-on and seemed to be very engaged with people's children - extremely impressive. The facility had more than enough locker space for everyone and restrooms with large changing facilities. It really is a great and wonderful experience and very practical.

Please help me on my membership transfer of Gold's Gym, as at the time of admission staff of Mumbai told that the membership of one yr. is transferable. But I found difficulties in it as I tried getting in touch with them but they given me invalid mail id. Hope will get some help through this platform. Thank you.

The childcare option and 24 hour feature is what sold us. Childcare included for a reasonable price is very helpful. It has met our expectations and allows us busy parents to exercise at our convenience. I like that I can tan there as well. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly and always greet us. However, the gym layout is somewhat chaotic. It's always busy, so I feel like a more spread out main area would function nicely. There are additional rooms for classes and cardio etc, but the area for strength training is always crowded. Tanning bed upgrades would also be nice. Nonetheless, the small issues I have don't affect my satisfaction because the pros outweigh the cons.

The equipment seemed very maintained and plenty of lighting. Then I never found it to be crowded when I went in the evening. The location of the gym was close to where I lived and the membership was reasonable. However, when I went to join, it took forever to chase down the person to run it. I was a little expensive and he didn't drop price ranges until I was about to leave. Other than that it was okay. I lived in a different city and let the Gold's Gym membership expire. Everything there was a good experience so naturally when I moved and learned that there was another Gold's Gym in my area, I joined up with them. Overall good place.

Gold's Gym was close to work when I was working and close to home as well. The initial membership wasn't super expensive and they had every possible machine you could want to use. The staff seemed knowledgeable and initially friendly. However, I wished there was more privacy because there are some people who are shy about working out and could use some quieter areas to work out. Plus more readily available help on learning the machines without feeling stupid. Also, they liked to sell their own products in their store.

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers