Las Vegas Athletic Clubs

Las Vegas, NV

Compare Health Clubs

Research top Health Clubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This gym shut down the entire pool area for a 2 week renovation. Manager says the steam room has knee pumps and works better than before. Never shut down in last 3 years I've been coming here. Since renovations in April 2016 it's been shut almost every weekend minus 2 or 3 tops. Now into September still closed and they will never tell you why. No one says if it's broke or anything. Just keep putting up signs. It's a joke.

When I first moved to vegas about 4 years ago I got a membership for my current fiance at the time and myself under my name and my bank account. After trying to cancel when she was moving (she only lives there a month before she left) They told me they needed proof of address change etc. This was impossible as she didn't even have a NV id in the first place. Anyway I drove all the way down to try to pay the cancel fee of 50$, the lady gave me the runaround and refused. So I unauthorized it from my bank so they couldn't draft anymore. I was still willing to keep and pay for my membership before this. This resulted in them charging me an absurd 600+ dollars and putting me into collections. Now they do not respond with my emails trying to work it out and come back. An absolute miscarriage of customer service all around. There are plenty of other good gyms in this city. I regret even considering coming back to this one.

It is ridiculous that while I am using a machine that the cleaning lady literally cleans underneath my seat and all around on both sides of me. I have to be careful not to hit her with the machine as I use the machine. All weekend they have another cleaning lady in the prime Saturday and Sunday packed hours steam cleaning the floor while everyone tries to edge around so they can walk through. I hate this place. On top of this, the spin instructor banned those from her class that wear their own headphones. This place is ridiculous!!!

I was a member of the Las Vegas Athletic Club for two years. I had 22 years in the military and I am retired, 19 more years working for the Government and retired. I am 62 years old. On April 1, 2015, I wrote an email to VP Bill ** about several issues I had while working out at LVAC. I have talked to several of his managers, Joe and Vince, at LVAC several times about these issues before writing Mr. **.

While working out I kept on receiving derogatory comments about my military service and my age. The people that made the comments made it easy to hear because they nearly shouted their comments out. Comments like POPs and derogatory four letter words that accompanied POP. I don't know how but everyone knew my first and last name. I thought that was very strange because I never talked to anyone in the club, I kept to myself. The only way they could of got that information is if an employee gave it to them, I would think that is a privacy act violation. I hope no other information was given to everyone. An LVAC employee named Lilly, made several comments about me which she made sure I would hear. Her comment "forget him he is mean" to several customers in the gym. I told her supervisor about her comment and I can surmise that it fell on deaf ears.

One night, several people made some comments about me and I shouted out stop making those comments. That's when a manager talked to me in his office. After the talk I went back and finished my workout. I went home and emailed the VP of LVAC, Bill ** about the issues I had in one of his clubs. Mr. ** responded back to me cancelling my membership. The reason he gave me is basically I did not fit in with the crowd at LVAC. I never received a warning letter in the two years that I used LVAC and after making a complaint my membership was cancelled. I believe that is discrimination. I called an attorney and he said I did not have a case. I feel very upset and very slighted on this situation. Never even a warning letter the two years I used the club and paid my dues every month on time. I make a complaint and get cancelled.

Well I just cancelled my LVAC membership after weeks of terrible experiences. I've been a member for 12 years. The gym is extremely overcrowded and filthy. The front desk employees are always on their phone or talking to each other so it takes far too long just to check in. I ordered a protein shake and had to wait 15 minutes because the girl went in the back room and forgot I ordered something and I was the ONLY customer. None of the employees will help with anything because they either don't speak English or are too busy watching TV or on their phones. Last but definitely not least and this is a big problem that they play the same 5 crappy old songs that are way too loud. None listens to it. We all have our own music that we can't hear because LVAC terrible music is so loud. I'm officially done at LVAC!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Las Vegas Athletic Clubs?

The 215 & Flamingo location in Las Vegas, most of the greeters are teenagers. They are very unprofessional. They have no supervision at all. They always talking to each other. They check you out expecting to found something wrong with your membership... Looks like.

I moved to a new state where there were no LVAC clubs. I called to cancel my membership and was directed to email supporting new address documents. 2 months pass and I called to ask why I am still being billed for membership that was cancelled. They informed me they never received my documents nor had they received the $50 cancellation fee. When I told them I was not directed on this they said they would review the audio tapes. I called my bank to dispute the charges as I had the documentation trail to support my dispute against LVAC. 3 months later they were now trying to collect past due amounts as they were still charging me. Knowing that I had disputed and gotten my rightful money back I paid the $50 if this is what it would take to get them out of my life.

Fast forward to today, 7 months later I get a call that the bank will not pay them and they are now going to reinstate my membership along with the disputed amount. If I do not pay, I will then go to collection. I told them they are now harassing me with this call yet Patti said this was a courtesy call. I explained that I had the documentation to support my actions as well as the receipt of my cancellation payment. I then said I need my $50 back as this is cancellation funds that were accepted on their behalf. She refused to give me back my money and said they will reinstate my membership.

How can this be legal as I paid the cancellation and got confirmation of cancellation? How can a company legally reinstate a cancelled membership in which they collected a cancellation fee? Is this not their "written" acceptance of my cancellation? There has to be some legal recourse that can be pursued. I like the idea of a class action against this company as I see there are many more individuals who have had membership and payment issues with this company.

Several years have been subjected to rude, loudmouth and lack to correct through proper hiring, training with non-offensive basic customer skills happens all too often at the 215 and Eastern Las Vegas Athletic Club. Too many memberships sold, no occupancy followed overcrowded, ignoramus using pool facilities as a locker room. Dirty Street apparel and footwear lined up outside Sauna, Steam Room and a General Manager who is grossly out of shape that creates problems for select members. A liar who is mostly likely dishonest as the two go hand and hand.

This wrong one for the job has and without notice, in a communist fashion, harassed several members, including now myself without any basis. With bad procedure and an employer that has failed to remedy as they rob the public with 30-day suspensions. No notification, random and without any checks in an acceptable timeframe. Nazi business tactics, unchecked and unfollowed up by the owners and the incompetent upper management. My health and wellness has been compromised. My time to get a reasonable response still not answered, my schedule and rights as a paid up member.

Time for a review of what employees can do while the supposed leaders/management/ownership operate with an imposing, offensive and possible criminal dishonest decay. No young adolescent should be in an environment with the unawareness of the few mentally delayed thieves of time and funds of the membership. Victims of idiot asleep at the wheel with dereliction of simple for most job duties. Don't waste membership time with imagination and lie to back it up. The numbers are growing and the complacency is more obvious than ever. Time for a thorough or continue to fail, not my problem. Straighten up and leave respectable, hardworking customers alone. Without corrective action you remain in substandard and declining with lack. - The terrorized member.

I love the club and been a customer for 9 years total, which makes me feel so upset that every time I've had to call them I feel so (pardon my language) screwed over by them. I called them on the day my bill was due. ON THE DAY my bill was due I had to give them my new billing information so that they could process my payment. They still charged me a fee despite my payment not being late. Out of 9 years I've had to call a total of three times. I seem to be getting a fee those few times I had new information.

I was not late, I've been a customer for almost a decade, this time I spoke to a manager who made those 3 times in 9 years seem like I do it often but with new jobs/life changes. Updating my new payment information 3 times seems pretty normal and considering that my payment wasn't late and I'm not trying to avoid my bill, I expect more from them when it comes to dealing with long time loyal customers. They are a bad representation of the people that work within the clubs. Shame on you LVAC!

DO NOT SIGN UP!! Nothing short of a doctor's note saying you can never use the gym for the rest of your life will get you out of this contract. Even then, the fee costs too much! I would select negative stars for this shady gym. When I signed up I walked in with a new co-worker, turned out she was not 18 yet. I had no idea until we were talking with the scam-artist/employee. Instead of being happy with one shady deal with my own sign-up, he told us I only had to sign my name on her form for her to come when I am there. I even asked “what would happen if neither of us worked at our part-time jobs anymore, how could we close our accounts?” He said “that would be no problem” we only have to call corporate and I would have nothing to do with this girl's account.

Two years later I toughed out the contract and NOW I AM BEING SENT TO COLLECTIONS FOR THIS GIRL'S ACCOUNT!! I don't even know her! First off I was told this was not what I was signing for, I ASKED. And second since I obviously was lied to, WHY WASN'T I INFORMED WHEN SHE LEFT AND THE BILL WAS THROWN AT ME WHEN I ENDED MY CONTRACT!? They were going to let me believe everything was fine until I decided to end my membership and NEVER NOTIFY ME OF THIS MONEY "OWED", I canceled my membership one month ago and I have just received this collections notice from an outsourced company WITHOUT NOTIFICATION FROM LVAC.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL RACKET. Wrote a letter into corporate to cancel my month to month membership and 2 months later, I was STILL being charged. When I FINALLY got through to customer service on the phone, they were EXTREMELY rude and completely unwilling to help resolve the situation. The lady claimed she was a manager but refused to give her name for future reference, and eventually HUNG up the phone on me intentionally before I could finish the conversation. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY BUSINESS, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO (a quick Google search on reviews will yield countless customer reviews with similar results who had a nightmare dealing with this awful company). I've never encountered service with a company this bad before, and that says a lot. Just say no.

My daughter went in to join for a temporary amount of time because she was moving out of state in several months. She was told that she can apply for a month to month membership and that she can cancel at any time without any fees. Just give a month in advance notice which she did. So she trustingly decided to join. As soon as time came to cancel, she was now told that she would have to contact member services to handle it. Understandable. A 50.00 cancellation fee plus several documents to prove she left was needed. Train your sales people to know the process before they start improvising and lying just to get a sale. Nice facility, but I would never recommend to anyone. LYING IS BAD.

About a year ago I thought it would be nice to buy a friend a gym membership. I used my card and paid the total lump sum for 6 months. I explained several times to the salesperson this was a 1-time payment, if my friend liked it they would renew themselves, this was a gift not a lifetime thing, and the salesperson was like, "Oh yeah, great idea and no problem, that's very nice, we do things like this all the time. " blah blah blah.

Literally the entire basis of the purchase was that I could make a one-time non-recurring payment in case my friend decided they didn't want it. That was the whole conversation. Well predictably judging by the complaints I've seen with the BBB, they had other plans. Several months later I get a letter about late payments. I assume it's a mistake and contact them explaining I already paid, it was a one-time thing, non-recurring etc. They were rude. Treated me like I was a thief, and were condescending saying something to the effect that "well if you can't afford it you shouldn't have signed it." I then made a complaint to the corporate office and they emailed me a copy of a contract that I NEVER SIGNED! I was baffled and floored.

Then I remembered. After our agreement and after swiping my card the very polite salesperson said to me, "We just need your signature here, and we usually just leave these areas blank for a one-time payment and I'll make a note in the system." Are you kidding me? Obviously they went back and wrote in whatever they wanted, in this case a contract for several years.

I know some may think, "well you shouldn't have signed it" but I never for a second imagined a business this public would do something so dirty. That's how the mafia operates, not an athletic club. I assumed this was the exact contract every person signs and so OBVIOUSLY there would be places for long term monthly contracts and since these didn't apply to me it was no big deal leaving them blank. I mean, I'm not paranoid, I don't generally assume a business like this is looking to rip me off in such a blatant and dirty way, maybe I need to be more cynical.

I explained all of this to their corporate office and didn't hear back, so I hoped it was resolved, but after all of this I sort of doubted it. Sure enough, yesterday I get a letter from a collections agency saying I owe over $700 (Keep in mind I paid like $200-$300 upfront for 6 months, this was not cheap). Here's some additional background: My friend used this once and got very sick close to that time and spent a lot of time in and out of the hospital, unable to workout. LVAC basically got $200-$300 from me for 1 gym visit WHICH I'M FINE WITH BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I AGREED TO!

Sorry for yelling. But it's not like they are out money on this. They already made a ton for 0 work and 1 gym visit. What I refuse to do is give them another $700 for something I did not sign and for something never used. Any help is appreciated, and others with complaints, we need to get the word out about this company. Apparently they do this all the time. Is there some kind of collective lawsuit we can do maybe? They should be shut down, let another gym that runs their business more honestly fill their spot.

At Christmas time of 2011, I was forced to leave my home in Las Vegas with my son, his diaper bag and my purse. We went to California to stay with my parents as our Vegas home had become unsafe for both of us due to my spouse's aggressive erratic behavior. Once we got to my parents home, I began making calls to cancel all of my services and appointments in Vegas. When I called LVAC, I was told that it was too early to cancel my membership, but that they would look into it. I asked if there was an affiliate club in Sacramento that I might be able to transfer my membership to. I was told that there was not. I never heard back, so I assumed it was taken care of. After 2 years of flying back and forth to Vegas for custody court appearances and spending thousands of dollars on attorney fees, I was able to move back to Vegas, where I have been able to start my life over with my son.

I called LVAC yesterday. As a previous member, who enjoyed the services they offer, I was interested in renewing my membership. The girl told me I owed them $906.85! As my acct had gone to collections and was accruing interest. She did offer to make it go away if I paid half. Since I was never contacted, when they were looking into it, I hardly think this is fair. I am a single mother who was literally forced to leave her home. It was an emergent situation that I had no control over. I did not have any family in Vegas and few friends, as we had only recently moved to Vegas, when we had to leave. Under the circumstances, I think that my acct needs to be cleared.

I moved out of state 3 MONTHS AGO. After obtaining my new address and after my attempt to cancel, I got a bill. When I attempted to cancel, they informed me that it's a $50 cancellation fee plus the 3 months of unpaid membership. THEY HAVE MY NEW ADDRESS THAT CLEARLY IS NOT IN NEVADA AND NEVER INFORMED ME THAT THEY RECEIVED MY CANCELLATION MATERIALS. So now I will owe them almost $100 just to cancel a membership I haven't used in months. This place is money hungry and they really suck. NOT WORTH IT. Go to a non-contract gym that won't try to screw you.

I am a native of Las Vegas and my family is highly respected in the community. Back in 2009 and making my advocacy of staying fit a part of my daily life, I decided to join the new Las Vegas Athletic Club in my hometown. During this time, I had applied to a few colleges in California in hopes to follow my dream career. This was the main concern when I came to the club and soon found myself into a pressured sales environment, but I was repeatedly comforted by the Membership salesperson that cancelling would not be an issue. I even decided to go home and think about it. Upon my return he went over the clause with me word by word on the contract. It clearly states that if you move to another location that is outside of the accepted mileage, you just have to send in a few items of proof of your new address and the contract would be terminated.

After a few months of membership, I was accepted to a college in Los Angeles, so I immediately thought being that far from any of their locations it would be easily understood. It took me a month to get settled into my new place and also to prove I did move to LA. For example, a driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement, school tuition receipt and whatever else I could think of that would be considered that I was no longer residing in Las Vegas. I faxed in the items required on the contract and marked it attention "Canceled Membership Request". A few months passed and the club continued to charge my debit account and being on a college budget, I made it a priority to get the membership cancellation resolved. I had all of my paperwork together and called in to get the information as to where to send it in, so what was the issue?

After being placed on indefinite hold each time I called and not being told who the contact person was to send it to, I finally got someone to call me back when I acted as if I wanted to refer a friend for a new member. As soon as the person who called me found out the real reason for my call, they were very brief about giving me the name of the person who approves cancellations. Again I faxed in copies of my contract, new CA license, lease agreement of my new residence, my utility bill, proof of enrollment at my college and even a copy of my change of address form. I called to speak to the person whom I sent the fax in and again indefinite hold.

After two more months of the club debiting my account wishing I had that money to buy groceries and numerous attempted calls, messages left and faxing in the information two more times, I had no other choice but to cancel my debit card that was linked to my bank account. Now miraculously after failed attempts to debit my account, I started getting some attention from the club. Each time they called, I explained to them my relentless efforts of canceling my membership and the difficulties I have had in communication. Each time they called, I ended the conversation only after I was assured the matter would be handled. There were several times in the coming months where I was left rude messages and threats that I would be sent to collections if I didn't pay my bills and each time I returned the call ironically the person never answered or returned my messages.

Threats towards collections or a negative rating were taken very seriously as I was fortunate to be taught the importance of your credit. Each time I was contacted, the result of the call proved that my attempts to resolve the issue were obviously thwarted, which soon paved the future of my credit being in the hands of incompetently trained employees. The holidays gave me an opportunity to come back to Las Vegas and visit my family, so I made it a goal to handle this matter in person after countless failed attempts by phone, fax and mail. It was now 2010 and almost a year after my first attempt to cancel my account.

When I arrived I was informed ** was no longer employed and that the person in accounting who could help was on vacation. Of course when I asked to speak to the GM, I was told they were in a meeting and to try to come back around 4PM. I left and promptly returned at 4PM. I waited for an hour and was told they would see me in 10 minutes. After another 30 minutes and only after I became a bit agitated due to their lack of respect for my time, I was told they had to leave for an appointment and for me to leave my paperwork. I left my copies along with a note to the GM to return my call once it was handled and again no communication.

Now 3 years later and after more attempts to resolve my case, Quantum their contracted collection company they referred my unwarranted outstanding balance of $550 to has reported this delinquency to the 3 credit reporting agencies. The amount of my 2 year contract was a total of $550, so where are the payments that were made before I moved and the several that were drafted after I attempted cancellation. Just more proof that this company is out to take advantage of the consumer. I should hire a collection company to get the unauthorized drafts from my account back, but wait I should give them an opportunity to prove their case first.

This collection is the only negative mark on my credit report and the only thing Quantum cares about with my initial communication with them is collecting the balance, so their percentage of the volume can be profitable to their tactics of forcing a consumer to pay regardless of the facts. Ironically Quantum has never contacted me once by mail or phone because they have been sending collection notices to my old Las Vegas address. This is proof that when my account was referred to them that not one of my attempts to cancel my membership by providing my proof of living 300 miles away in Los Angeles way over their 20 mile minimum never made it past the point of contact. I wonder where all of my personal information ended up.

I would advise if you do attempt to cancel your membership you should really hire an attorney no matter the cost. The future of your credit is priceless and their employees and contracted collection agencies couldn't care less about your future. There are so many other choices out there to consider as a gym you can call home. I thought perhaps I was the only one who encountered this type of behavior from a business, but these other complaints on this site and especially yelp is unbelievable. How are they even still in business. I just wish we had access to all of this information with this site and yelp a few years ago. I now read this information before I trust any company. So do yourself a favor and take advantage of this and then decide what's best for you.

My daughter and I both had memberships here. When the contract was up they automatically renew you. We were having trouble paying our bills and were looking forward to our contract being up so we would have 2 less bills to pay. We were at the Flamingo/Ft. Apache gym. We moved and the closest was Sahara/Jones which we didn't care for. Hadn't been to the gym for 6 months, just wanted out of the contract and extra bills. My acct was supposed to be up 3 months ago but it was renewed automatically and my acct overdrawn at $35 a pop because I was unaware of the auto renewal. Take my advice and just don't join this gym. Read all the reviews and skip this place!!!

This place is by far the most DISGUSTING, money-sucking, unprofessional establishment I have ever encountered. The gym recruiters, the employees, the workers at the corporation are all con artists and liars in disguise. My sister and I wanted to shape up for the summer so we drove to the LVAC on Flamingo and the 215. Upon entering the facility we were approached by an extremely arrogant, standoffish recruiter called Dave. As we entered his office to sign up, my sister and I exchanged incredulous looks to each other as we couldn't believe how rude and snobbish the man was. He would scold my disabled nephew which angered me to the point where I was ready to walk out. However, my sister reassured me that it was better to mind our health instead. So we joined. Dave reassured us with a sly smirk that if for ANY reason we were dissatisfied with the gym, we could pay $50 and our membership would be cancelled. No questions asked. If the cancellation process were to be any more complicated, my sister and I would have never joined in the first place.

Personal issues as well as deaths in the family occurred, so my family decided to move back to our native country. Due to the fact that I am a minor, my mother and I went to the LVAC and asked to quit. The individuals working at the counter were obnoxious, concerned with their own cellphones rather than customers, and treated my mother with profound disrespect. This made my blood boil. We called the corporation to quit, they made it unbelievably difficult to. They asked for documents which would indicate my family moving, so when we faxed it to them, a woman called Marisol denied them claiming they were "improper documents" and refused to cancel our membership. She also recommended that we pay $750 if we "really" wanted to quit.

I am not paying nearly one thousand dollars for a GYM membership. Her entire attitude was appallingly rude and unprofessional. When I finally raised my voice at her, she claimed I was "harassing" her. I even spoke to the head of the corporation, someone called Elana **, hoping to get somewhere with my cancellation process. To my shock, the woman was EVEN ruder than the individuals working for her. She refused to cancel my membership, as well. So now I'll be on the opposite side of the planet paying for a pathetic gym membership that I won't even be using.

This company will try to make it as difficult as possible for you to cancel their services. They are trained to do so and are quite used to dissatisfied customers to the point where they do not CARE about your feelings towards the establishment as a whole. Don't waste your money. You're better off getting ripped off by a con artist. I have also come to the conclusion that I will have them exposed. I am well connected to local reporters and journalists at various news stations who are in desperate need of a new headline. I'll be more than happy to help them out. Also, I will spread the news via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

I do not wish to see others be mistreated and disrespected like I have been. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. They are predators, hungry for access to your bank account.

I have an LVAC membership for about 5 to 7 years. I recently paid the annual fee this March. I always carry my membership card with me but that day, I forgot to bring it. They could not locate me on the system so I had to stay there for a while and give my full name, birthday and so on. But they keep telling me that I don't have any membership service with them. So I had to keep telling them I have a membership with them and I do come here every day. I can't believe they denied me membership service with LVAC because they cannot find my info on the system. I spoke with staff after staff and then a manager. They found out they wrongly placed my first name to last and last name to first. After a long moment of accusing me of someone who would like to sneak into the gym without membership and bearing with their cold attitude, my innocence was revealed.

Again, everyone can make mistakes and I understand but what I can't understand is their treatment of the customer after their mistakes. They never apologize for the system error or their attitude and just kept telling me, "You should've brought your ID." I wasn't disgusted by their dirty swimming pool but by their attitude towards their customer. I was thinking about quitting my membership and didn't go to LVAC for about three months. However, my mom had a membership with them for 7 years and even my brother and his wife have membership with them. Almost everyone around me had a membership. To be with them and using swimming pool in the summer, I came back about few days ago. Like before, I never had a problem as long as I have my ID. The problem comes out when I forget to bring my ID. This time, I was with my family. I knew I left my ID at home, so I gave them my driver's license. The staff could not locate my information and then made me talk to other staff.

He kept asking if I am not a member, but I was so sure I have my membership with them because I paid for it and I just came here yesterday. Another staff came and checked and she said the same thing, "You don't have membership with us. Maybe you went here as a guest?" My family was thinking this situation is weird that they denied my membership with them because I came to LVAC just a day before and gave the card to the same staff. Of course, I don't expect them to remember all the people. After a while, they keep asking me if I was a guest and that I do not have membership with them, when did I pay my bill, asked for my birthday and my name and lots of questions. They even brought up my brother's information and asked me if I signed up with him, etc. After a couple attempts, they found my membership but the reason they could not find it was because they put the wrong birthday information. Again, there was no sorry or anything, because they only do their jobs not corporation jobs.

If I want to complain, then I will have to call the company. If there was any error on the system, then it's the corporation's fault... They made me sign something but they didn't explain to me what it was. After turning my paper to them, I said, "After all those years with you guys, I feel like I've been treated like **." Then they turned on me and gave me this nasty look and said it's not like they're giving me the bad treatment, it's just system error. Still no apologies. (Later, when I talked with manager in the office, we were never asked to sit down, she sat on the chair crossing her arms, raised her chin with arrogant voice and accused me that I cursed at her at the front desk.) As you can see from comment or check their CCTV later, I sure used aggressive words but I never cursed at her or the people around her. What I said was that "I've been treated badly." Anyway, my family and I were finally able to get in but I had to turn around and ask for the manager after my mother's comment.

She was standing close to their computer and was able to see my picture, my name and my birthday, etc but it seemed like the girl who worked there keep denying my membership because she saw my last digit of birth year was wrong. My driver's license has 6 but their system has 5 and she commented, "I think it's too strict not letting you in because of the one number." I wonder if they are discriminating Asians. As soon as I heard that, I tried to calm myself down but since it's the second time they made the error plus their nasty attitude and no apology, I thought I really had to see the manager. When I asked for the manager, male staff said that he is busy with customer. So I said that I will wait. So staff told me to follow him but then he changed his mind and let me wait in the office and then he told me to step outside of the office.

Finally, that manager came and didn't say a word at first. So I started off by asking if they have any complaint form but he just told me to call the corporation. So I explained that there was an error on the system and we never got any apologies but rather harsh attitude from his workers. Guess what? He also said the same thing that I do not have a membership with them after other staff helped and finally located me. He banged the cabinet door and the full document and said that they do not control the system error. "We only deal with corporation things." I was surprised by his rudeness and this whole situation. I just leaned more and more that LVAC has no respect for their customers or is it because that I'm an Asian American and female. Lots of thoughts were coming through my mind. I know now I should use any aggressive words but I did say some F word about the situation and system and customer service but I never curse at the manager or anyone around them.

He then turned around and asked if I used the F word at him. So I said no, I was cursing about the whole situation but I never cursed at him. Then he said, "Yes, you did curse at me." And I said, "No, not to you. I sure said the F word but I never said that to you. I don't even know your name or anything. How can I use the F word to you? Do not accuse me of that." Then he turned around and smirked and said, "Yes, you just did now." "No, I was putting the example of the situation. How can this be cursing at you?" He kept saying that, "Oh, you just did before. Oh you just did not to me..." Endless complaining about my word use. My family and I were standing the whole time while the staff and the manager were sitting down side by side while their arms are crossed. The girl said "Yes, you did. You cursed at me at the front desk" and the other staff said that I said the same thing twice to the manager. Now, they don't care about anything but how many times I used aggressive word and they are wrongfully accusing me that I cursed at them directly.

So I asked my mother and sister-in-law if I cursed at them directly and they said, "You never cursed at them but at the situation itself." I requested that they check the CCTV together so they don't accuse me anymore. But then the manager changed the subject. My mother was holding her membership ID and the manager was leaving. She touched my mom's ID and said, "So you've been a member with us for 7 years? So what are you guys going to do? Are you going to use the gym or just leave?" I understand if he treated me badly, that is okay, but why does he have to mock my own mother? Before he left, my sister-in-law asked him if the problem had been fixed and he said that since the office is closed, that he will call them tomorrow and change the last one number for me. I wasn't able to listen if he solved the problem before because he was too busy accusing me of my mistakes. When I came out, I knew and it's obvious that people heard the whole conversation since the office door was fully open. After what happened, I felt like I should never use this gym or recommend them to anybody or to people that are close to me.

My son had a friend from Minnesota visiting and I requested a Month-to-Month membership. I was told that a "Pay as you go" or a "month to month" is not available, but I can cancel anytime. When I applied, I told the lady that I would likely cancel after a few months. She told me several times no problem. I am now told that I am Unable to cancel???

Las Vegas Athletic Club @ Flamingo and 215 - On Monday, 5-13-2013, I was pushed and shoved during an exercise session with my workout partner named Rachel **. Three employees rudely pushed and shoved us into their sales office with the accusation that Rachel was acting as a personal trainer. Rachel was berated and humiliated while attempts were made to block me coming into the sales office. A subsequent attempt to resolve the situation with senior management was met with insult and innuendo. I am a local weight loss doctor and own a medical practice called Trimcare. They unilaterally kicked me out of the club and terminated my membership after 3 years with no formal notice or hearing. Rachel and I worked out together for over a year 3x/week and this is how they treat their members. Outrageous! Go somewhere else to workout. I will never refer anyone to that ripoff joint.

My husband and I joined Las Vegas Athletic Club last year. Everything was going well until I lost my unemployment extended benefits because of the economy, and my husband's hours were cut back. To make ends meet, we turned off cable, and turned off our cell phone. We tried to make a go of LVAC but it was pretty hard when getting groceries and fuel has to be negotiated! We shared this with LVAC and they did nothing. We talked to them several times and they told us the best they could do is let us pay a reduced amount monthly, but they would charge us the full amount still - each month. So each month, it tacks on the full amount anyways and they call us twice a week, and we pay a reduced amount but it doesn't matter. They have told us that they turn in our late payments to our credit report. This is a nightmare and what can we do? We are in a financial crunch and they act like they are the most important bill.

First, the good: I really enjoyed the Las Vegas Athletic Club (LVAC) that I went to at Eastern & 215. I had no problems. The facility was great. Equipment was available, in good condition, and there was a large variety. The locker room was comfortable (I sprang for the VIP locker room). The spa area was kept very clean, impressive for a public facility. I felt the price was a very good value.

The bad: I moved out of state. It took me 10 months, one certified letter, three faxes, three emails, dozens of phone calls, a cancelled debit card (to prevent more charges from LVAC), a demand letter written by my attorney, and a FedEx package to cancel. Charges continued the entire time. To me, this appeared to either be a purposely designed process that was meant to keep people from cancelling, or mismanaged customer service that LVAC is happy to maintain since it prevents cancellations and preserves revenue; perhaps both. It is so predatory, I felt like prey. That it the best way to describe it. To me, the contract, billing, and cancellation process is a consumer trap. Expect a contract that automatically runs month-to-month after your term is up unless you cancel. Then, they make the process as hard as possible to cancel. I didn't feel like a client or a customer of LVAC, but more of a victim. Predatory, Predatory.

For some of the situations below, I would recommend filing a complaint with the Attorney General’s Office. I too am having issues with canceling my daughter's membership. My daughter is a minor and has moved to California to live with her father. They will not cancel her account unless we show them a utility bill with and a driver’s license that shows the new address. She is a minor! How in the world can she show that?

I was swimming in the fast lane and there was a walker in my lane which I shared with a third swimmer. The walker kept walking there while the walker's pool was empty and I calmly suggested that he can move to the walker’s pool. He became angry and agitated to my suggestion and when I called the manager about the incident, the manager told me that we should all get along, that I was rude (for wishing to live by the gym's rules!). He asked for my membership card and I called the corporate office to report the incident, but no official report on the rude and unprofessional manager could be directly written by me.

Talking about accountability, my advice: the gym looks nice but exercise at your own risk! Don’t get locked into a long term contract because in my case you would lose your membership and would have to pay the dues! Avoid LVAC at all cost, no matter what they tell you. They don’t care for you after you sign up!

I had been a happy and satisfied member of LVAC for many years. They are not the same gym anymore. They are out to collect your money. That’s it. They don't care what goes on in their establishment, how overcrowded it is, and whether the machinery is working properly or not. Most of all, they employ absolute idiots in their billing department. They will double bill you. They will screw up and not cancel your membership when you ask them to and pay them. Months later, you will owe hundreds more to them. And they will have their auto dialer calling your cell phone 15 (I've counted!) times a day at all hours.

When you call livid, like I have, you will be told that there is no supervisor available and that someone will call you back. They never do. I've been playing this game with them for months now. I despise LVAC. Oh, and the reason we cancelled our memberships in the first place? My husband was robbed at the gym and they did nothing. They advised us not even to call the police. Don't join this gym. You'll be robbed in more ways than one.

On Sunday, Feb 12th, my key-lock locker was broken into and over $300 was stolen from my wallet, luckily, no credit cards or identification. The Club Manager was shocked, since it was a key-lock and not a combination-lock. The metal face-plate was twisted so badly you could barely open the locker. Mine was one of three thefts known that afternoon between 1-3PM. Yes, during broad daylight, when weekend staffing is minimal.

Corporate Management is not liable and will not make any compensation. When I filed my report with Metro, I was informed that this is more common than members know about.

So, for your safety, follow Metro's advice. Never have more than $20 in your locker. Bring only your gym membership card and license. If you bring a credit card, bring only one. Car thief is on the rise, there should be no valuables left in the car. If you see any suspicious activity, please report to the club staff immediately. Use the coin-operated lockers instead (no reports of robberies). Be aware of your surroundings and don’t advertise with fancy gym-bags, watches, iPhone, etc. Finally, count how many metal face-plates have a twist on them or if the plate feels loose (that is likely a sign of a previous break-in). If you have any concerns, please address them to LVAV Corporate Office located behind the Club on Maryland/Karen.

I have been a member since 1992 and now use precautions.

Bad customer service - It's minor, but very annoying. When I come in the morning, I smile and hand my card to the attendant. They don't make eye contact, they don't say good morning, they throw the card on the counter. They used to say "good morning and have a good workout" and when you leave, they made it a point to say have a good day. Now, they are always talking to each other or are on the phone talking very loud. Like I said, not a big deal.

My name is Adam and I am a member of LVAC. I have been a member for a few years on and off now. Recently I had a child who is coming up on one years old in a few days.

I went to LVAC a few weeks ago (a few days before thanksgiving) and dropped off my child cooper, at the LVAC daycare. While working out I watched cooper on the TV monitors the whole time I was working out. I noticed while I was watching him and working out that my son was in the swing the whole time (why a 1 year old is in a swing is beyond me) and he was trying to get out most of the time. I noticed that 2 women who worked at LVAC were in the corner talking most of the time when they should have been watching my son.

Every so often one lady would walk over the the swing and push the swing to move it and have it swing, then she would walk back tot he corner and talk to the lady with her back to my son. (I took a picture of this with my phone). After 25-30 minutes, someone came to me and said I needed to come to the work out area because Cooper was crying. When I arrived in the day care center, I noticed the women talking (still) and my son crying out loud. The one lady then walked to the swing and took him out of the swing. (Now this is where the problem starts).

I asked they lady if she took my son out of the swing and played with him or held him. She said "Oh yes, we played with him, and held him and he did not stop crying". I said "I ask you again, and please do not lie to me" and which time she said yes she did play with him. I asked to speak to the manager and she said "They all said they played with him." Now remember the whole time I was watching this on the TV monitor. No one at anytime ever went to play with him at all or hold him and kept a 1 year old in a swing and they all lied about it. I told them I would like to have the tapes pulled and have them reviewed because they are all not telling the truth.

I called LVAC to complain about what happened, and was told someone would get back to me. No one did for weeks. I then called again, and no call the next day. I called the LVAC manager and he then called the office and had someone call me. I asked to watch the tapes and they would not watch the tapes with me or tell me what they saw on the tapes. I asked to have my membership canceled and they said no, but would take the day care off of my membership. I am not able to work out without putting my son in day care there, and I will not put my son back in the play room. Why is this a big deal... Simple, If they are going to lie about holding my son and playing with him and say they attended to his needs, then they would lie about bigger problems that may come if (god forbid if they did come up).

I cannot trust them to watch my son, they left him in a swing and let him cry while they were talking in a corner and not attending to him. What if he was running a fever and it was spiking to a high temp and did not tell me he felt warm because he was not attended to. They left him with their back turned to him and just let him cry while I was paying money to ensure his safety and to have my sons needs attended to and not just be left alone and then cover up saying they did do something. This is about them lying and not doing their jobs and letting kids go unnoticed while they talk and cover up. Who knows if I was not watching and something serious did happen, then what... Could this be going on with other kids where they are just left if swings and let to cry for 30 minutes or so while nothing is being done.

I do have a picture of this on my phone, and will show you, however they will not give me any info on what they saw on the tapes or watch them with me. Why not?

Please get back to me and let me know if you can please help me. This is not just about me, but the true safety of all kids at the LVAC day care. Thanks again.

I called their office this morning to question about a charge done to my bank account. I talked to Shana, and she told me that my contract expired on September 30, 2011, and I was going to be charged month to month. I never requested to continue with this membership. I explained to Shana that my contract had a beginning and ending date, and after the ending date, it became invalid.

Also, I never received any notification over the mail informing me that my membership was about to expire, and I was going month to month from now on. After being a member for over 2 1/2 years, my family status has changed, and at this time, I do not even need child care! But they are charging me $31.00 dis which is the child care membership.

My contract has expired as of September 2011, and I'm requesting my $31.00 dls back into my account.

Las Vegas Athletic Clubs Company Profile