Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.38/5

Las Vegas, NV

Las Vegas Athletic Clubs Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I used a guest pass today with a member. When I filled out their waiver form they asked to hold my driver's license. I said I did not like that idea and asked why that was necessary. I was told it's "policy" so they know who is in the club. Well the waiver form has more than enough information for them to "know" who's in the club so this is nothing more than a thinly veiled method of forcing you to speak to membership before you leave.

This type of "used car lot" tactic to force you to talk to an "associate" is already a red flag to me. After reading many many one star reviews discussing the tremendous difficulty of cancelling their contract I have decided not to get involved with this organization. It's a great facility but signing up reminds me of "Hotel California" by the Eagles. You can check in but you can never check out. No thanks.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I paid $$$ upfront so I only have to pay $98 a year. They have incompetent staff as I asked many times if I owed money (including last month) and was told no. So apparently this is the main scam in this industry. I specifically asked when I paid my wife's membership in March if I owed money for my membership and I was told I did not. Then my wife and I started going again a few weeks ago, no problem getting in (went 3 times) until tonight. The very first time back last month I specifically asked again if I owed money because I said I thought my membership fees might be due and I was told I did not. Tonight they say my membership is inactive and I haven't paid for two years??? I finally get the manager after talking to other people who couldn't do anything and he can't do anything either.

I show him the person who told me my membership was good and he acts like he isn't even in the same company, totally bizarre. My credit score is over 800 and I ALWAYS pay my bills when I get them. I called the manager on the scam and he says it was MY responsibility to make sure my account was paid. Sorry, if I ask your staff if I owe money and they tell me I don't, what am I to do? Unbelievable that the manager of the facility said he doesn't have the power to do anything, I'd have to call corporate. Well, I called corporate and the lady said they wouldn't be able to do anything and when I asked for someone else, she sent me to voicemail.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

When we first joined, we were told that if we had to cancel it would just be $35. Unfortunately, it was not until now that we read the 2 year contact and saw that it says $50 to cancel and we are not allowed to cancel unless we move very far away. We are moving out of state but they require that we submit proof of utility payments or something?!? We are unable to do that since we are traveling to different Airbnb’s for the next 6 months (across the county) then relocating to a different state afterwards. They will not allow us to cancel since we will no longer be living in this state, this is ridiculous!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I was previously with LVAC and used my 2-year contract up and then canceled as I left town. It was an awful relationship during those 2 years but I made it work. When I came back to town I signed up again. I was told I could cancel for $50 (I was also told this my first go around so I did not misunderstand or hear incorrectly). I called to cancel because I never go because it is inconvenient (location wise), overly crowded for when I can go and the people have gotten rude (employees not gym goers). I was told I had to pay my contract in full less 25%. I brought up the 50$ thing and was told that is not anything they do and to review my contract. If it is not something they offer why did I get told it twice and it appears a ton of other people have the same issue. My younger sister canceled her contract for $35 and she was about 8 months into it. Complete BS.

Original review: March 23, 2018

In an attempt to lower my monthly membership costs by $8 a month by switching from $35 a month that included a poor towel service, one size and coarse feeling against your skin. A body fat and training in person guide that was useless in my case. Reducing these 3 amenities to $26 a month was then going to incur another charge of $35 just to switch it. This is after 3 weeks of being a member in total. I paid the $99 to not have a contract because who signs a contract for anything anymore (26 months is theirs).

Do the math yourselves if you must. My complaint is simple. Like many companies try to overcharge naive customers by including it into a contract no one would read nor understand and not explaining it during the initial sign up. My goal is to stop Las Vegas Athletic Club from overcharging all members. Including American Veterans with Disabilities. This review will be sent to BBB, ADA.gov, YELP, FACEBOOK, and every other online review possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Las Vegas Athletic Clubs?

Original review: March 9, 2018

Some guy made my husband sign a contract and told us that it's just 5 dollars and you can decide within a month whether you want to continue coming, but after that day we did not go to the gym. After 2 months we get a call saying that you are into a contract that has your sign on it and we cannot help it. Either pay the amount or we will send it to collections. Ridiculous behavior by the management when we told them the situation. I don't know where to make a complaint about this.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Unbelievable. This place is fraudulent. They will continue to charge your credit card, and refuse to reimburse. Total crooks. And the customer service people basically laugh in your face about it. NEVER CONSIDER JOINING, regardless of if you like the facility (way too crowded), or expect to just keep paying whether you use it or not. Sucks I have to give it a star, it deserves a zero. Absolute worst management you could ever imagine, they must not have souls. If an attorney is considering class action against these crooks, please feel free to contact me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The gym is nice, but it is often overcrowded, so after our two year contract was up, we switched to a smaller gym. Oddly enough, we're still getting aggressive calls about renewal. It's ridiculous honestly. I blocked their number but this morning the blocking app reported 7 calls from them in like a one minute time frame. Our last payment was in November so we only had that one month left and when it was over we left. I'm not sure what's going on with them but it's annoying.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I've been a member of LVAC since 2011. They have always had the newest equipment and strive to keep it in good working order. As an example, last year they replaced ALL of their old spin machines with brand new ones. Their classes are top notch... HEAT, the Les Mills classes, Kettlebells, all really well run with good strong instructors. Is it busy sometimes? Yep, just like every gym, but if you want a great gym at a great price, this is the place.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I joined hoping that swimming would help my multiple sclerosis. I am unable to lift weights or run/treadmill. I used the membership for 9 months but my MS has progressed and I can no longer swim. I went to cancel and brought a doctor’s note that said I was disabled. The very young woman behind the counter kept saying the word "contract" and then said "I never heard of multiple sclerosis. Is it serious?". Really. I am disabled and they refuse to cancel my account. I am close to having to live in a wheelchair. Should I bring that into the gym and then drop myself into the pool with dead legs and no lifeguard? I take 3 pain pills per day. I cannot utilize this gym anymore and they don’t care about disabled individuals.

Las Vegas Athletic Clubs Company Information