3.07/5

95 Anytime Fitness Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

I work out in Oconomowoc at the Anytime Fitness there and it is a fantastic gym! Great staff and lots of equipment. I would highly recommend this gym because of the staff, great challenges they come up with, and the ability to go to any of their locations when traveling.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This gym is awesome - great equipment and always clean. I love the small group/team classes. Such a great workout and the trainers are very helpful in teaching the correct form. Would definitely recommend Anytime Fitness Cottage Grove to anyone looking for a new gym.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have joined twice. The 1st time the manager was a sleazeball and a liar. Did not go for 8 months due to a broken foot and whiplash. I had gone in in plaster after a car crash and spoke to the manager, who said my membership would be suspended until I was able to return. 8 months later I noticed he had continues to take the full £40 a month instead of the £5 agreed until I returned. When I spoke to him - and we are talking about an overcharge of £280 - I was told he never said that and basically said tough shift. Then when I wanted to cancel my membership he would not cancel it until I paid a month's notice. I have never been so disgusted by such a human leech before.

Needless to say I would never step back into an Anytime gym, or allow any of my friends to ever again! THEN a year later I noticed a new owner and went in to enlightened him to what a scumbag this manager was....Turns out he was long gone for just that being a scumbag. The new owner game me a much lower monthly rate and a new contract. Now I'm happy as can be. The gyms are great, the ability to be anywhere at any time and be able to go to a gym is priceless. I travel with work so gym, shower (with privacy), perfect. Yes you're going to get crappy guys, gyms, equipment but for the most part these guys are really good and believe me I've been around the block, practically every gym franchise of local at one time or another. So this I can speak on! Shame I had to lose to win but that's life!

Original review: May 2, 2019

From the first day I started my membership at Anytime Fitness (location by Minnehaha Falls, 4725 Hiawatha, Mpls., MN) I was accepted warmly and was treated like I had been a member for decades. Excellent staff and workout environment, which included all fitness related materials to get the job done. Excellent gym.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Staff are great! Facility is clean and tidy... Open 24/7 convenient and to boot they are purple based... Close to home. They explained everything I needed to know and answered all my questions with exceptional knowledge. I would recommend to anyone who wants to get into shape or even just to keep in shape?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I am reviewing Anytime Fitness, Midtown (Georgia). Please keep in mind that all Anytime Fitness gyms are independently owned and operated, so this review is of the GA Midtown location and not Anytime Fitness as a whole. I have been going to this gym for 3 years. If you're not familiar, Anytime Fitness has individual bath/shower/changing rooms, and not the standard "locker room."

Over the years I noticed that things would break (fans, shower heads, equipment, etc.) and it would take a very long time to get fixed. I posted a review on Google Maps that specifically mentioned there had been no bench in the bathrooms, first one bathroom, then another, then another (at the time of review there were 3 out of 4 bathrooms with no bench -- or chair or any place to sit). The manager saw this review and deactivated my account. He agreed that I did not say anything in the review that was false. He seemed more put off that I posted a review instead of talking to him. However, the previous week I spoke to him about the benches (at the time there were 2 missing benches). He said he had ordered benches from Amazon but they came with the wrong hardware. At this time 1 bench had been missing for 2 months, and another bench missing for 1 month. I felt like letting a changing room go without a bench for 1 or 2 months was too long.

The next week I came in and not only were the new benches not yet there, an additional bench was missing. At this point, I posted the review. Let me mention, other than posting the review, I had been a model customer. I did not damage the equipment, I did not leave the bathrooms a mess, I did not complain to other patrons, I did not allow non-members in the gym (it's a problem they have). I don't think it's right that the owner "fired" me for posting a review that, although he didn't like, was factual.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I joined the gym and it wasn't for me, and within a week I cancel my membership. But it have taken me over a month and I haven't received yet. Also it so disappointing. I will never join the franchises again but beware and check it out before you join and they don't like to give money in fast pace.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Anytime Fitness would be your only option in the Philippines if you want to go to the gym but you leave work at 3AM. I've been a member since mid December and it's all good but I had to move to a condominium with its own gym so had to cancel this. I went to their El Pueblo, Manila branch on July 1, which is the payment due date for the month. And they would not cancel! The staff turned her computer monitor so she can point to me that the system already generated the charge and I cancelled a day late. I'm broke and can only pay by end of month. I was told to email them this. And they said, "Noted." BUT then they cut my access. I already told them I can only afford to pay the monthly fee+penalty by the end of July, after which the membership will finally be cancelled. They insist I pay for a month even if they won't let me use it. I sent a complaint to our Department of Trade and Industry.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Buried in the fine print folks! You CANNOT use “any” club! For you who travel, whatever club you frequent, when they randomly pull your two month segment of key swipes, will suddenly be your “home” club where your money goes. It’s IMPORTANT to know all clubs charge whatever monthly fee they want. You can find yourself randomly paying DOUBLE $$ what you contracted for, because your swipes show up at a club charging higher dues. Crappy surprise! Yes, it’s true. Call Corporate if you hear the FAKE sales pitch saying otherwise. Franchise Owners are given the right to “approve” moving a frequent visiting member into their bank roll. Some owners charge double what your sign-on originating club charges. Prices are not consistent!

Be aware Westlake Village Club in California is a very pricey club, and they will reach into your account for this deferentially inflated amount, or LOCK YOU OUT if you don’t allow it. Do not believe the hype about being the biggest club, it’s false information. My original club in Colorado is much bigger and HALF the cost! All verifiable. I pay a years membership cash in advance, to my local home club near my house. Westlake Village California will force you to pay their rate (which is double) or Lock your key access out.

BE WARY OF WESTLAKE VILLAGE CA Anytime Fitness business practice. Local Colorado club is bigger, and there are newer clubs and bigger that do not adhere to this business practice, though they all have the option. Anytime Fitness, is not actually "anywhere" you'd like to visit, like the sales pitch says unless you pay the fee differences between clubs. LOST SOME CUSTOMERS, and I hope many consumers become aware of the fine print.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Gym is nice and clean and has a big assortment of free weights. Small group training and team training are well organized. Staff have excellent knowledge of exercises and take the time to be sure you're in correct form.

Anytime Fitness expert review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes and exercise buffs.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Anytime Fitness Company Information