Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.75/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Anytime Fitness Reviews

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Every time I go workout at Anytime Fitness I’m greeted with a smile, offered help in my workouts, and if they don’t see me for a while they send me a message with helpful hints on returning to the gym. They offer help with new workouts with a trainer to get me on the right path. I would highly recommend this gym to anyone wanting to get back into shape.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I work out in Oconomowoc at the Anytime Fitness there and it is a fantastic gym! Great staff and lots of equipment. I would highly recommend this gym because of the staff, great challenges they come up with, and the ability to go to any of their locations when traveling.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This gym is awesome - great equipment and always clean. I love the small group/team classes. Such a great workout and the trainers are very helpful in teaching the correct form. Would definitely recommend Anytime Fitness Cottage Grove to anyone looking for a new gym.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have joined twice. The 1st time the manager was a sleazeball and a liar. Did not go for 8 months due to a broken foot and whiplash. I had gone in in plaster after a car crash and spoke to the manager, who said my membership would be suspended until I was able to return. 8 months later I noticed he had continues to take the full £40 a month instead of the £5 agreed until I returned. When I spoke to him - and we are talking about an overcharge of £280 - I was told he never said that and basically said tough shift. Then when I wanted to cancel my membership he would not cancel it until I paid a month's notice. I have never been so disgusted by such a human leech before.

Needless to say I would never step back into an Anytime gym, or allow any of my friends to ever again! THEN a year later I noticed a new owner and went in to enlightened him to what a scumbag this manager was....Turns out he was long gone for just that being a scumbag. The new owner game me a much lower monthly rate and a new contract. Now I'm happy as can be. The gyms are great, the ability to be anywhere at any time and be able to go to a gym is priceless. I travel with work so gym, shower (with privacy), perfect. Yes you're going to get crappy guys, gyms, equipment but for the most part these guys are really good and believe me I've been around the block, practically every gym franchise of local at one time or another. So this I can speak on! Shame I had to lose to win but that's life!

Original review: May 2, 2019

From the first day I started my membership at Anytime Fitness (location by Minnehaha Falls, 4725 Hiawatha, Mpls., MN) I was accepted warmly and was treated like I had been a member for decades. Excellent staff and workout environment, which included all fitness related materials to get the job done. Excellent gym.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

DO NOT purchase a membership with this company. I paid for one full year upfront, and 30 days later the Anytime franchise I paid at and for, was shut down for not paying their lease. After NUMEROUS attempts to contact the Head Office, and the email sent to me when they announced the closing, I have had ZERO response from them, and it has been over a month. So, save your money, find the next closest gym that is not part of the Anytime franchise... where they are happy to take your money, but but care nothing about you once they have it!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I have started my membership from 2018 at NJ and in the month of May 2019 I had a surgery on my right shoulder due to dislocation. I submitted all my document to the NJ branch of Anytime Fitness and the payment was stopped till Dec 2019. Now I have moved to Maryland and the nearest branch 30min away from my house. I have been reputedly telling the customer service that I not in position to continue the gym. But they kept on saying my house should be 25 miles away in order to cancel the membership. It's insane policy because if you live in Baltimore and wanted to travel 24 miles it would take 1hr 30min that too depends on the traffic. Also if I am not physically fit and already submitted the document what is the problem in cancelling.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

The complaint is about their Singapore branch. When I was in my old location , the gym is in few meters from my home, that is the reason I have selected Anytime. I have shifted my home, the gym is 2 bus stops away in the new location. Still I use to travel and use the gym but very rarely. They closed the gym in my new location. So I asked for membership cancellation, they said that only if there is medical reason or could not facilitate the center within 30 kms (what a joke when Singapore east to west itself 27 km). When I waited for contract maturity, they again asked me advance 1 month notice for cancellation even after contact matures. What a cheating. I will never recommend this gym to friends and colleagues. I would like to give 0 even Negative star, as it is not available given 1 star.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have never written a negative review of a company before, but this experience was so awful that it needs to be said. I hadn’t been to Anytime Fitness for about a year because of neck and back injuries resulting from two motor vehicle accidents. I went into the store to cancel and the company representative wrote down an email to send a message to. I then wrote anytime three messages to cancel my membership, over a period of three weeks. All my messages were ignored. Keep in mind that I was no longer under contract.

I thought the process was over before the financial division of anytime fitness emailed and called me a couple of months later and told me I owed about $90 for the past couple of months. I told them that I cancelled and even emailed them the 3 emails that I had given them. They didn’t care and they also didn’t care that I was leaving the gym because of my injuries.

I told them that I wouldn’t pay them the money because of principle: I had the money but it wasn’t fair. They have since sent me to collections. My credit will. My credit will now be affected because of them. This is the worst company in the world. Imagine a company that won’t let you cancel, even though you aren’t even on contract. And the reason why you quit is because of your neck and back injuries. Anytime fitness is a nightmare of a company. Stay far, far away.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

READ BEFORE YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT. I loved this gym until it was time to cancel. I called to cancel and went to the club to cancel. Then I was told to contact ABC financial, which has a horrible automation system. It took me over 10 minutes to talk to a real person. ABC financial tells me I have to give a 30 day notice of cancellation by writing a letter and will be charged any fees during that 30 day period. I've completed my 1 year membership so doesn't that mean my contract is over? I'm paying month to month so why would I have to give a month's notice if I don't want to pay next month? Especially, because this is a medical related cancellation and I am a month to month client that is current on all payments. You can't call the gym to cancel, you can't go to the gym to cancel and you can't call the 3rd party billing department to cancel. Nope, you have to write a letter!

All this to cancel a membership to a gym I haven't been able to attend since May 2018 due to a shoulder injury. I tried to cancel the membership in June 2018 and they talked me into freezing the membership for a couple of months. Tried to cancel again after that but they said I would need a letter from my doctor and talked me into another freeze on the account. Now this! They make it this hard to cancel so they can squeeze every last penny out of you.

Not sure about Anytime Fitness?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right weight loss program for you.

Anytime Fitness expert review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes and exercise buffs.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Anytime Fitness Company Information