Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.05/5

Anytime Fitness Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

I work out in Oconomowoc at the Anytime Fitness there and it is a fantastic gym! Great staff and lots of equipment. I would highly recommend this gym because of the staff, great challenges they come up with, and the ability to go to any of their locations when traveling.

Original review: June 7, 2019

This gym is awesome - great equipment and always clean. I love the small group/team classes. Such a great workout and the trainers are very helpful in teaching the correct form. Would definitely recommend Anytime Fitness Cottage Grove to anyone looking for a new gym.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have joined twice. The 1st time the manager was a sleazeball and a liar. Did not go for 8 months due to a broken foot and whiplash. I had gone in in plaster after a car crash and spoke to the manager, who said my membership would be suspended until I was able to return. 8 months later I noticed he had continues to take the full £40 a month instead of the £5 agreed until I returned. When I spoke to him - and we are talking about an overcharge of £280 - I was told he never said that and basically said tough shift. Then when I wanted to cancel my membership he would not cancel it until I paid a month's notice. I have never been so disgusted by such a human leech before.

Needless to say I would never step back into an Anytime gym, or allow any of my friends to ever again! THEN a year later I noticed a new owner and went in to enlightened him to what a scumbag this manager was....Turns out he was long gone for just that being a scumbag. The new owner game me a much lower monthly rate and a new contract. Now I'm happy as can be. The gyms are great, the ability to be anywhere at any time and be able to go to a gym is priceless. I travel with work so gym, shower (with privacy), perfect. Yes you're going to get crappy guys, gyms, equipment but for the most part these guys are really good and believe me I've been around the block, practically every gym franchise of local at one time or another. So this I can speak on! Shame I had to lose to win but that's life!

Original review: May 2, 2019

From the first day I started my membership at Anytime Fitness (location by Minnehaha Falls, 4725 Hiawatha, Mpls., MN) I was accepted warmly and was treated like I had been a member for decades. Excellent staff and workout environment, which included all fitness related materials to get the job done. Excellent gym.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Staff are great! Facility is clean and tidy... Open 24/7 convenient and to boot they are purple based... Close to home. They explained everything I needed to know and answered all my questions with exceptional knowledge. I would recommend to anyone who wants to get into shape or even just to keep in shape?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I had the same experience as another review on here. Wish I would have read the reviews before joining or I would not have. I joined specifically for personal training. 4 months in I was convinced to move from 2 times a week to 3 for small group sessions and it would be cheaper. It was and no problem with that. The issue was that I was told to sign a new contract to add the 3rd session and it was just a formality. What actually happened is that it reset my entire start date to that date. So instead of ending 4 months earlier I had to pay for the new end date. In that time I was injured and doctor told me no activity. I provided a note but that does not matter. You have to complete the entire contract. I can put my contract on hold but that will do me no good since at some point I still have to pay for it. So I am paying for 4 months that I did not anticipate as well as not being able to even use the training!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Poor customer service of Anytime Fitness in Jackson,OH 45640 location. Be careful when you sign up for a membership because they will lock you in a contract without your knowledge and permission. The staff didnt explained contract terms and details during sign up and I learned it when I wanted to cancel. Now I have to pay approximately $500 just to cancel my membership because I have a 3 year contract which again I knew nothing about because staff didnt made me aware during sign up.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Being a young and naive college student, I went into Anytime Fitness interested in a summer only membership and was talked into a 2 year contract under the pretenses that, “You can freeze your account when you go to college, all of the students are doing it!!” Me, being an idiot and not reading the fine print, am finding myself THREE YEARS LATER being told my membership will not be through until 2021!!!! When I signed up in 2016!!!!

Not only were the conditions not made clear to me at the time of signing up, but I can’t even use my gym membership nor have I been able to due to a ligament reconstruction surgery in my ankle. But does Anytime accommodate for the fact that I’m out of an income for two months? Nope! They charge me! And make it absurdly costly to cancel a membership. I would NOT recommend Anytime Fitness to ANYONE. Planet fitness all the way, $10 a month for a basic membership and $20/$30 for a premium membership as opposed to $40/month with a company that doesn’t care at all about their customer.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

The location at Sherwood Oregon appears to be abandoned my management. No one is in the office and the gym is filthy. I have visited this gym many times before and have had great experiences; hope it is not closing.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I agree with M of Narragansett, RI. Good luck getting a contract cancelled even with a doctor's note. Many emails and phone calls back and forth, no one knows anything and then they "never got it" doctors note, and when I called the manager we emailed it to doesn't work there anymore. When I responded AGAIN to the latest manager (3 in the past month) he said, "send it to me again and I will be nice"!!!?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Yes I have this in writing. What a bunch of morons.

Anytime Fitness expert review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes and exercise buffs.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Anytime Fitness Company Information