3.7/5 (262 ratings)

About Anytime Fitness

Anytime Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

After the initial intake, I was instructed in three floor exercises and two machines. Thereafter, I had no instruction or assistance whatever and was ignored. Also, there is no safe place for valuables. After the first month's experience, I canceled my membership.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I received a phone call from the guy from Anytime Fitness because I canceled my trial appointment. He told me to come back for the trial today or tomorrow but I can't because I am a single mother and very busy looking after kid and working hard. What he replied to me was "Why can't to manage the time? Everyone is busy with work and kids but they manage it. You should commit your time to the gym, too. If you don't have time for the gym, why did you inquire the trial?" I also asked about the concession fee because I have a concession card. He said to me "Oh you have a concession card. What is wrong with you?" I felt offended and hurt by this conversation. Obviously, I did not make another appointment because of his words. The way he talked to me was not appropriate as a customer service scene. Very disappointment.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

The most pathetic gym contract I have ever been into. First, they get you in a 18-month Iock in contract which you can't cancel and if you want to they charge you a hefty 50% fee. And once the contract period (18 month) time ends and you want to cancel then they will charge you for 30 days even after the cancellation even though you are not going to the gym. Please stay away from them. No transparency as Sneaky as it gets.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

The worst experience I've ever had! Even if you come to the bank to find out why this or that problem has arised, they will not threaten you with the police and the collection agency for not paying only $39, even though it's their fault! They won’t kick you out just because you can’t understand why they took your monthly fee less than they should have, and then they tell you that you didn’t pay them extra for a month! And after that they charge you more money for their mistake. Beware of this woman Manager Tonya **, she is a very terrible person! How in general can a manager threaten her clients that she will call the police when they came to investigate and pay the missing amount that they by mistake did not withdraw! How does a person who is in such a position allow himself to raise their voice and threaten!

After all this, this lady doesn't return calls on purpose because she knows that you want to cancel your membership despite the fact that you already paid for their mistake and gave the keys even though you have every right to go for another 2 weeks because you paid for them!! Next, be very careful because these people do not print out the receipt that you paid. They say you'll get an email, but you don't receive any receipts by email either! If there is no receipt, how exactly can you know to whom and where your money went? Let's say I want to have a receipt to be sure that everything is paid for me, but they won't print it out for you! They say that their machine broke down, but what does it have to do with me and this is my right to receive a receipt! The worst service I have ever seen! Don't believe all the good reviews that are written, maybe that's why so few people go to this gym because they have the worst service ever.

Original review: July 16, 2022

This is the absolute worst gym company to get memberships with. They are terrible and don’t accommodate for anything at all. They gladly take your money and not care about it. They don’t help and are pure trash.

Original review: July 13, 2022

All equipment and entire facility are clean and safe. It's open 24/7 and offers training at a very reasonable price. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly but never intrusive. Of all the gyms I've belonged to, this is my favorite!

Original review: July 7, 2022

I signed up for Anytime Fitness on 5-21-2022 in Aptos, California club #559. The day I signed up about 5 min after I completed signing and touring the club a customer approached the Gym Manager about raw sewage flooding the locker rooms. I was extremely apprehensive at this point because that is disgusting and shows just how poorly that particular gym is ran. Since I already signed the contract and was not told by the manager (Andrew **) that I had a 7 day cool down period to where I could cancel the membership without being billed. If I was told this information upon signing up I would have canceled the membership that day.

Ok moving forward a few days after signing up I contracted COVID-19 which led to shortness of breath and trouble breathing in general. With my health situation changing I felt going to the gym would be not only selfish because of the risk of me infecting others but also the discomfort I was feeling from walking up a flight of stairs or even just walking to my vehicle to get to work. With this being said I never used or utilized the gym membership that I recently signed up for (my key fob has never been used and the gym records reflect that). Without me using the gym even once I decided to contact the gym manager and to cancel my gym membership. The club manager contacted me back and told me that in order to do this I would need a letter from a doctor. I contacted the gym manager back and let him know that I didn’t need a doctor's letter to signup for the gym and I don’t think I should need one in order to cancel my membership.

I was told by the gym manager (Andrew) that the only way to cancel my membership is with that letter so he refused to cancel my membership. Within a day of that email from Andrew I started receiving harassing calls from ABC Financial regarding non payment on a gym membership that I have never used and that I don’t plan on using. Canceling a gym membership for unforeseen circumstances during a pandemic should not be this difficult.

I was actually thinking of renewing the membership once I started to feel like myself again but after this horrific experience I will never again hold a membership with Anytime Fitness and will tell anyone and everyone I know to not hold a gym membership with Anytime Fitness. I need to speak with or correspond with someone that can help me with the cancellation of this gym membership before it’s sent to collections and affects my credit. This is the worse experience I’ve ever had pertaining to a gym and there needs to be something done about it immediately.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I talked with the Bryce **l about their training packages. I chose the 3 mth package. He told me I get 2 free sessions if I pay upfront, so I did. He did all the work on his computer. The only thing I saw was the enlarged boxes to sign my name. When I asked about copy of the receipt/agreement, he told me he emailed it to me. When I got home and reviewed it, he had added an additional charge of $49 labeled Trainer Education Fund. He didn’t mention this to me. I would not have approved it since it is not my responsibility to pay for the trainer's education. I filed a complaint with the BBB. Be forewarned.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I personally wanted to become a member of Anytime Fitness, but your customer support who claimed to be the one to "assist" you, is very rude and arrogant. I sent my personal number which is asked in the website and they told me that I will be contacted by their CS. Today at work I got a call, but unfortunately phone is prohibited. There was no text message that it is from Anytime Fitness, it was a unsaved number calling so I got no idea who's that. So, I excused myself to answer the call since I got scared that it is an emergency matter. When I answered, it is a girl from Anytime Fitness CS, I ask her if she can call again because I am not allowed to take call during working hours but she insisted to talk and ask me arrogantly if I want to become a member or what. And she told me I call her instead if I wanted to be assisted. How rude and arrogant your employees. Very dissatisfied. The call is from **!! Kindly hire personnel who would fit to the job description.

Original review: April 24, 2022

After filing a complaint I was harassed by the manager at the Pine Oak Katy location. I should be able to share my experience with a company. Reality is this company isn’t interested in doing better. Very disappointed with this entire situation and this company.

Anytime Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Anytime Fitness Company Information