Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.95/5

Anytime Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: April 17, 2020

Small and sometimes noisy if there is a class. Our membership is through our medicare supplement plan so there is no cost. Not often but sometimes, the equipment is not available because of people sitting down and using their cell phones. Gym is not manned all the time, but the staff is friendly. Most of the time there are plenty of wipes and most peple wipe the equipment after using. Free wi-fi is available

Original review: April 16, 2020

This is all simply about my particular AF. I have worked out with serious intention for over 16 years at a variety of gyms and clubs. Hands down, my AF club has the friendliest, most competent, and least off-putting trainers and staff that I've ever encountered in a gym setting. I have yet to talk with a club member, in my three years of being a member there, who has bad things to say about ANY of the full time staff and trainers there.

The equipment is modern and well maintained. Plenty of cardio and free weights for 99% of the population. The free weight dumbbells go up to 100 lbs. All of the most modern equipment like Traxx, bands, Bosu, etc. Cleanliness: always a large stash of towels, disinfectant wipes, and reminders to use both liberally. The staff is always doing laundry so that the towels are available and clean. I could go on, but I won't. Five out of five stars definitely.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2020

For starters, members can choose the time most right for them to workout 24/7. The only problem I have found is going at really wee hours, you are on your own, alone. Everyone is at risk for injury at a gym; if you are injured and alone, things can get serious. All the equipment is very clean, and when there is an attendant present, they’re friendly and knowledgeable of the machines.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I was recently put into a position where I could no longer continue my monthly payments for the gym membership. I contacted Anytime Fitness and not only did they cancel it right away but waived the notice period so I was not charged for the upcoming month. Definitely recommend using this gym for its flexibility and customer service. Will definitely sign back up again when conditions allow me to do so!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Every time I go workout at Anytime Fitness I’m greeted with a smile, offered help in my workouts, and if they don’t see me for a while they send me a message with helpful hints on returning to the gym. They offer help with new workouts with a trainer to get me on the right path. I would highly recommend this gym to anyone wanting to get back into shape.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Hello, I have been a member at Anytime Fitness for over a year now. I got the membership when I had no bills and extra money. Now I am living on my own, working a full time job, a part time job, and going to college full time on top of this. I can’t afford anything other than my bills and necessities, sometimes able to splurge on a taco from Taco Bell.

My membership fees at anytime fitness are $160 a month with the standard membership fee and personal training as well. Not only do I not have to the time to go to the gym, but I also couldn’t afford it if I wanted to. I went in several months ago to try and cancel it and the best they could do for me is pause the account for six months. The six months is coming to an end, and if I have to pay the membership fees, I will have to choose which of my bills to opt out on, which is not an option. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to get out of the membership? Anytime fitness is no help and I don’t know what to do. It’s a shame that the well being of the individual truly isn’t in their best interest.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I needed a gym that was open 24 hours, and Anytime was the only option in town. Getting ahold of the staff to set up a visit was a chore, and when I finally made an appointment, the staff member did not show up. I rescheduled, and paid $90 between my first month and key fob fee to get started. Three days later, the club closed with no warning and I am out $90. I contacted them to ask for a refund, and they directed me to a third party that handles their billing. When I contacted the company, they refused to refund my money. The parent company doesn’t seem to hold their franchises to any standards whatsoever, so some are likely better than others, but the failure of my local club is unsurprising.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The staff was amazing from the time I called to make an appointment and the best news was that I was given a huge discount on membership joining fee which saved me some money of course and once in a while they check how I am doing which makes me feel supported!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Anytime Fitness facilities can differ greatly within the same city. You need to do your homework and visit location of interest. Don't write-off all Anytime Fitness locations due to visiting only one site. I travel for work and find that Anytime Fitness is terrific for when traveling. I can usually find one in the city that I am visiting. As far as when back home, the two facilities closest to my home do not enforce mask-wearing. (Even though it is state-mandated.) Nobody is wearing masks and this is a health concern. Travel a few miles away and everyone has a mask on. A good indicator of whether the patrons and owners truly care about their members' health.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Although I have fulfilled my contract obligations, there is no way to cancel Membership. Phone number on main website doesn’t work, manager is never at gym even after reopening from Covid. This seems to be a common problem, read all the reviews. I finally just had my bank stop paying this company because there was no effective way to cancel Membership. Anytime Fitness must be really financially hurt because of Covid and losing a lot of members but their approach is damaging their reputation. After failing to provide me a proper way to cancel they have a super rude, aggressive collection company making all kinds of threats and yelling at me on the phone to the point I actually started to cry when I try to explain I've done everything anytime fitness said to do to cancel and none of their methods worked, all lead to a dead end.

So the first human I’ve ever been able to talk to about this is the collection guy who’s not at all trying to be helpful or kind, but just manipulative and aggressive on behalf of anytime fitness, I think the anytime fitness company would not be pleased with the way this guy is representing them. Super damaging to the anytime fitness brand and I’ll never ever recommend this company to anyone ever again. In fact I’ll be proactively making sure it's known how they handle this aspect of their business and I want to keep people from being treated as badly by anytime fitness and their collection guy as they’ve treated me.

Anytime Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Anytime Fitness Company Information