Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Anytime Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The staff was amazing from the time I called to make an appointment and the best news was that I was given a huge discount on membership joining fee which saved me some money of course and once in a while they check how I am doing which makes me feel supported!!

Original review: April 20, 2020

Friendly place, easy to fit in, no pressure. Lots of machines that work well and are kept clean. Others are respectful and focused on exercising, so it's a good no pressure environment. Love that I can go anytime I want and feel safe.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Small and sometimes noisy if there is a class. Our membership is through our medicare supplement plan so there is no cost. Not often but sometimes, the equipment is not available because of people sitting down and using their cell phones. Gym is not manned all the time, but the staff is friendly. Most of the time there are plenty of wipes and most peple wipe the equipment after using. Free wi-fi is available

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

They were great when I join around August of 2020. The gym is great, but I wasn't getting information on certain issues so I emailed them. One of the owners didn't like my email so he confronted me in the gym with 10 other members around. After telling him how I felt he touched my shoulder and said to have fun at the McCandless location (He was not polite and I'll leave it at that). I was like, "Seriously?" That was terrible customer service. You just lost a good paying customer. He DID refund me for that month of $55 and a month's worth of classes of $80. He did send an email and APOLOGIZED, but confronting me in the gym around other members was super unprofessional (maybe he was having a bad day, but at least take me into the office to talk about it). You don't treat someone paying 135 a month like that.

They need to work on how they deal with people. If you can't handle customer complaints you are in the wrong business. I am now going to join the McCandless location. I don't want to ruin this business. I just want them to know what they did was not okay and to correct it. I lost 40lbs in this gym and was advertised on the previous trainers Facebook page about my weight loss. I am success story, but I will not tolerate how I was treated. I do hope they will look at this situation so this won't happen to another member.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

When Covid started I called the gym with the hopes they would suspend my membership till after the pandemic. The owner only cared about money. I had to ask corporate to intervene. The owner reluctantly agreed. Turns out the owner lied and is currently trying to send my contract to collections. I requested a copy of any recorded conversations they have and conveniently they don't record their calls. What they are doing wrong and immoral.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I opened my membership with Anytime Fitness under a 2 year agreement that converted to a month-to-month. The month-to-month was converted during COVID. After a few months of charges, I tried canceling. They would not allow me to cancel and would not return emails/phone calls. They required us to come in person to cancel in writing. I had sent several emails and left messages again, none of which were returned and so I stupidly thought my membership was canceled. We changed credit cards in this process and I didn't think of it. I got a notice today from a debt collection service for 6 months of membership. I am now trying to navigate this and all their manager would say is that I still have to follow their procedures and they were "very" supportive of people during that time.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

My daughter signed her and myself up for what we were led to believe was a two month membership only to be billed after two months because we had not given them 30 days notice. They clearly misled us as to the terms of the contract. Reprehensible behaviour.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

Unworkable, honestly. I sought out a personal trainer to recover from a knee injury. A manager oversold me a package of "8" to sell a lower price point, $34.95 instead of $44.95. Soon after, a trainer got me sick from working closely together, then quit. The gym shutdown with "covid". They continue deducting these training sessions @ 298$ each draining a bank account + $40 monthly fee to a point where my bank account was getting fees. During such time I resourced different options/continued exercises, etc to recovery.

I completed 32 session with 39 paid sessions left. I've spoken many different times with the manager about this and he blows it off or states maybe at the best they can do is take one of those paid sessions off or transfer to another person. When this is their practice who would logically recommend that? So, Essentially this is around 1300k that he "missold" when we goal set. Doesn't acknowledge this. Offered to pay the higher amount on sessions used but they already "took" the money so they don't care.

Understandably neither knew this "covid crisis" would come. However, they still do not follow precautions, masking, point a liability waiver, oversell, have no respect or regard for a true concern or to fix they're mistakes or acknowledge they oversold by 39 sessions/monthly fees 1300k and not even do much of anything. Honestly, online workouts are much more effective. Even if one has a personal, specific goal like I had, they're honestly worthless. Very much so to the point I feel uncomfortable being there after goal or feel a need to close my account due to their access to as their total disregard make me end all relations to protect it. I mean the trainers are nice, fun. I can completely understand why they quit if it's business practice is so off right now.

It's absolutely wrong, they reel you in at a point of need & take advantage mercilessly & refuse to attune their business practice. I would very much avoid! I mean to me, easy fix. $44.95 for the sessions used refund the monthly during shutdown & the overselling, I'd recommend. For any future need or anyone need personal attunement to get through an injury, reach a goal, etc. But no way, stay away.. But it's a real bad vibes practice at the moment. Unfortunately but honestly.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I had signed a 2 year contract and when it was up they forged my signature for a new Contract. Beware of this Company especially the one in new Westminster. They will rob you. Don’t join this guys. Not good. Bad place.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I signed up 2 years ago in AF Cheltenham and have only been once due to losing my job and then in and out of hospital for major medical reasons and surgery. I advised them in advance of my situation however they said they can only hold for 2 months and then they will send me a reminder of the next debit. They did not send me a notification of any of the DD which occurred more then once. I was overdrawn due to no funds on account and they are still harassing me to pay $67 in arrears even though I advised them I wish to close my account.

It is now 2020, and I write this on my hospital bed that they are still trying to debit money from my account. The Cheltenham gym do not listen to their clients or any customers needs and only care about the money. It’s disgraceful and really saddens me how such an established company can continue to do this to people! I wish I never came across this company and will let other people know to be aware.

Anytime Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Anytime Fitness Company Information