2.68/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 19, 2018

31 Anytime Fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

We signed a one year contract with them and was never told at that time that when the contract expired that they would continue our membership and monthly fee on a month to month basis. This is the gym on business circle in Naples. I called and was told read my contract it was in it. What I find funny is that the one in North Florida ends your contract when it's over. This gym NEVER once told us this when we joined. So, BUYER BEWARE, they will continue to charge your card after your contract is up. Very sad when a world renowned gym has to stoop so low to take in money, not painting a good business picture of its owner/manager.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I just canceled my membership today and I have been with them for over two years. Now they want to charge me for termination of my membership. I would not recommend anyone to go there. Especially in North Bismarck. Chris was very rude and arrogant over the phone to me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 13, 2018

Yes I joined Anytime Fitness in January of 2018 and the owner and their finance company went and took money out of my account and I done already paid them. Plus they kept notifying me about a trainer and a 21 day challenge and now he came and told he also needed $20 a month for an enhancement fee for the equipment. I quit them with reason to do so. He is already rude. His trainers are more nicer then he is. They talk about people in there who are doing their best to lose weight.

Making fun is not a nice thing to do especially someone like me losing weight with health problems. I turned the key in and found me another place to go and he cannot stop it either. If they put fees on my credit report I will dispute it. "Find another fitness center." He also told me which he does lie so does his female trainer. That was a man's gym. That's discrimination against women then. And who has their own kids there? They don't need to be there while the parent is working out.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Anytime Fitness had allowed my card to get stolen and run up fees on it. Then once the card had to be cancel and the recurring credit card errored out they never tried to contact owner of card and then charge late fee & late payment. How about you try to reach the members before you fine them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Took membership out for 12 months not realising that it was a legally binding fixed contract after none of the staff informed me of this or made me aware of the terms and conditions in the small print. Tried to cancel after moving away from the area and was told that my new address was still within the 15 mile contract term. It is not. I would love to know what time machine they are using for their postcode search but the fact that every search engine and direction website and app says that it is 21 miles away by car (because let face it humans can't fly).

I now can't cancel and have had to continue paying for a gym further than what I travel for work - at least I get paid for going there! The customer service has been awful with different people telling me different things. The gym staff rude and unhelpful the second you mention wanting to cancel. Just another one of those scam artist gyms that tie you into an impossible contract where unless you die or move to India you can leave (although somehow their search engine will say India is still within their 15 mile radius.) DO NOT GO TO THIS GYM!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Earlier Today I went into Anytime Fitness (Hwy 49 in Richland, Ms 3921) to sign up to join the club. After asking a few questions regarding membership the club owner put his hands on me and asked me to leave his club and went on to tell me that I would be unwelcome in his club. This club owner was very disrespectful. He went on to say he was going to get the police to get me to leave. I was not trying to stay in the location after his loud disrespectful talking and putting his hands on me. His actions represent your chain very badly and I plan to tell everyone I know about this episode and to tell them to pass the word to everyone they know regarding not to join this club.

The apparent owner is a 26 year old young person with apparently no management experience. I plan to voice my complaint to every organization in the Richland area along with the Better Business or and the Chamber of Commerce. His actions cannot be tolerated because it reeks of discrimination. I am a 71 year old ** man have never been asked to leave any business or business organization.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have a two year contract with Anytime Fitness and honestly for the most part I have been happy with their gym and staff. I was recently offered a job in another state and the house I will be living in is 13 miles from the nearest facility. My contract states that I can cancel if I'm living more than 10 miles from the nearest gym. I went to the Kingsland franchise today to cancel and their computer states that I only live 9.2 miles. That is ** as I have both clocked the miles by driving and I have it mapped out on google maps. The manager was not very accommodating and told me that I could try and find someone to buy my contract out. I inquired as to how much it would cost to cancel the membership and she said it would be 600.00. Again, that is ** as the contract says that the cancellation fee will be no more than 100.00. I'm contemplating contacting a lawyer to fight this as they are going against their terms of agreement.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Cannot stop membership, there is no support from them! Service is weird! The Gym is ok, but if you apply once, you cannot get out off them! If you want to close membership, the only way is to die. Otherwise they tell me that they cannot do anything!!! Even I will pay 59.99 for closing my account, they are not agree and keep telling me that there is no way... I didn't see so worst contract and policy ever!!! I have had experience with many other gyms, like "Gold's Gym" and they was nice - when I closed my account they return my money! But this Anytime Fitness is crazy. I didn't read any reviews about this Gym and this is my fault! That's crazy guys. I need lawyer probably... Best regards to all... I believe this review will find someone who want to make Big Mistake in his/her life.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The facility is clean and the equipment is top notch. It's not crowded like some facilities can be, no waiting for machines! I love the staff! I love being able to go at 2 am. If I want, insomnia you're no boss!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I found credit card has been charged over $300 monthly by Anytime Fitness. Then I realize that my child had use it for purchase a personal training session at Anytime Fitness. I went to the office with my child, the guy who works there told us my child had subscribed a yearly program, which is cost over $4,000, charge monthly. My child told me that they didn't told her that is a yearly program. And the guy told me we cannot cancel it and get the refund. I wonder if somebody could help me.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I joined last year and a couple of months later I had to have breast cancer surgery. After that I had to undergo 33 rounds of radiation therapy. Needless to say, I was in no shape to go to Anytime Fitness. Later I filed paperwork with an employee at Anytime Fitness with copies of surgery dates and radiation therapy dates from the hospital/s. The employee at Anytime Fitness said he would forward them to the owners who were out of state. Guess what? He NEVER DID. I NEVER HEARD A THING FROM THEM. They have NO integrity if this is how they run a business. I shall warn everyone not to do business with these people.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Joined after seeing the club in my home town (Clearwater, FL-McMullen Booth Address). This club was excellent-don't have any complaints about it. However, as I travel a lot, I choose a membership to Anytime Fitness so I could use their clubs all over the SE USA. Boy, was I disappointed by the vast majority of clubs I visited. Most of them were very poorly equipped and very poorly maintained. I finally gave up even trying. Then, I moved about 7 miles away. Good news: There was an Anytime Fitness right across the street from me! Bad news: It sucked! We tried it for a week and hated it. We decided instead to join a YMCA about a mile away (even though it had significantly less open hours).

I went back to my original Anytime Fitness to start my two-month countdown for cancellation. There I was told that one of my two sons (who both joined at the same time a few weeks after I did), had been "transferred" to the Anytime Fitness across the street from my new home (the one we tried for a week and rejected). We would have to cancel his membership directly with that branch. My other son and my memberships were duly canceled (which meant that we still had to pay two month's worth of dues-something that really pissed me off even when joining-talk about leaving a bad taste in one's mouth).

Anyway, it took me over a week to track down the attendant at the new club just to cancel my son's membership. Left VM, visited the club during published attended hours-nobody was to be found; nobody responded. Finally, after my 5th attempt at going in person during the middle of the day, the attendant was there and cancelled my membership. So, this son's cancellation (and payments) continued for around 10 days after we expressed our desire to cancel his membership.

We were told that all our memberships would still be active until the two months ran out, but now, with only a little over a month since, we have been locked out of all Anytime Fitnesses, even though I still have one more payment to make!!! The clubs tell me to call ABC Financial (the company that does the billing), and they tell me to deal directly with the clubs. It's a nightmare! So, if you like your local club and plan to stay there (and only there) for many years, it might make sense for you. But, if you're planning to use other clubs on the road, or don't want to deal with a really screwed up billing system, I'd look for another fitness chain.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I appreciate having the convenience of going to a local gym, however I do not appreciate when facilities take advantage of customers for no valid reason. There is a 25 dollar fee being imposed at the Bastrop, LA location for failing to remove weights from machines due to older people complaints. This is unacceptable because in my opinion if you cannot handle the weights, don't use the machine. Members are sometimes in a hurry and need to get in and out. Additionally there are staff there doing nothing that can intervene and reset weights. Due to the high monthly expense of such small facility, I believe this fee is unacceptable and unreasonable. Don't overcharge members because some are too lazy to reset the weights or ask for assistance. Should I charge for all the times I come in and the floor is filthy with dust an inch thick on the machines, and the treadmills are inoperable??

Original review: July 16, 2017

I have been a gym rat on and off for many years; and this is my favorite gym thus far! Since this is a franchise, not all the locations are created equal. The guy that owns the location that I go in Henrico is great with Customer service and keeps the gym in tip top shape. I love that the 24 hour convenience and the perks. The on site trainer is very personable and seems to really care about my fitness goals. I have no complaints!

Original review: June 23, 2017

This is the biggest rip off place ever! I joined well over 1 year ago and they continued to draft my account even after the contract should have been done. When my card expired they kept billing me. I called and sent messages with my signature to cancel and it never stopped. I have now moved to OKC and was told I needed to come in to cancel... NO OTHER WAY!!! What??? I have now been turned over to collection agency for 270.00. Also, spoke with the new office manager several times and she won't be there long. Absolutely zero customer service and very rude and not helpful. So sad to see a place operate with such bad management. I would never, ever recommend anyone use this gym in Enid, OK. And with a company this large where is the customer service number to corporate???

Original review: June 18, 2017

I joined Anytime Fitness in November 2016. Here it is June 2017 I have yet to go in there once to work out. I work long hours and just didn't have the time. I called to explain it to them to cancel my membership. They proceeded to tell me I can't cancel my membership until after a year and I told them I haven't been in there to work out not even one time and they was just getting free money from me. It's not like I asked for a refund I just want to cancel it, but they will not do it. VERY ANGRY, UNFAIR.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Jim ** is a thief. I mistakenly signed up for the gym and cancelled the same day! I was promised a refund on good faith. I never received the refund. I was upset about this, but I never complained. 6 months later, I received a report that I am in collections for $482!!! I emailed Jim to ask him about this and he says “I don't remember you coming in to cancel!” Great customer service. Thanks a lot. Don't worry about your customer’s credit or reputation. CROOKS.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

When I signed up for anytime fitness I was told the only fees are the first months, and the last months. So they charged me a $75 annual fee and a month later I canceled my membership. I paid for 2 more months after canceling and I received several calls from them saying I owe $40 because the last payment didn't go through. So I came in and paid cash, I was told that I owe nothing else and I won't get any more calls... 4 days later I get ANOTHER call saying I owe $40 and they claim to have no record of me coming in and paying cash. What a scam and I refuse to pay ANOTHER $40. This is a mess. I wish I never signed up with them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

It is very convenient for all the time. My schedule varies from one day to the next, so having a facility that is open at their hours, makes it so much better for me to get in and get out. From the first I went in and from every day afterward, the staff has been amazing. They get to know you, things about you, call you by your first name, and see how you're doing. It's like cheers. A hallmark of a great gym is how clean it is. It cuts down on bacteria transfer, but also shows how much the facility cares about their patrons. It's always been clean and wonderful. There are several places that are really cheap, but don't offer much. Then there are the ones that are really expensive. They're just right. A good price for what they offer.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

They are open 24 hours on weekdays which is wonderful if you are a night owl. I go during the day when it is less crowded but any time is good. The staff are very friendly and helpful, do not pressure you and make me feel at home every time I go. I recommend them completely. They are like friends to me. The place and all the equipment is kept spotless, no matter what time you go. The bathrooms and changing rooms are also first class and spotless. It costs $34.99 a month, which seems a little steep but I think it is worth it for the 24 hour opening and the amenities. They offer a 7 day free trial period.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I only went there with a friend on one occasion. We went in early evening around 6, and even then it was way too crowded for me to feel really comfortable, but everyone seemed really great. Everyone there was fantastic really, lots of smiles, greetings and introductions. Most of the people there really didn't look like they needed to work out. I felt a little out of place for a short time. Very clean, didn't stink as you would expect a gym to smell. Everywhere you look, someone was wiping or cleaning something off. Never thought a gym could look or smell like this. I always pictured gyms as sweaty and smelly. Looked like it probably would cost a pretty penny to work out in such a nice place. Everyone there looked like they were pretty well off.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

They are open in my small town 24 hours a day so it makes it very convenient for anyone to be able to go there on their own time. My daughter and I both enjoy going there when we have time, she works it around her job and school hours. Everyone there has been very friendly and very helpful. They don't make you feel like a stranger or like you don't belong. All of the employees there do a wonderful job in helping you with anything that you might need help with. The facility is very neat and clean, no debris on the floors and the bathroom/dressing rooms are always nice and clean... very sanitary. The machines are always nice and clean too. The membership fees are a great price, very reasonable and lower than most others around here. I would totally recommend going there and getting a membership.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

Open twenty four hours a day, so that you can go any time of the day that you choose to. Good security late at night for your safety, requires a key to get in after normal business hours. A lot of the time I do not interact with any staff members because I go to the gym late at night, but the few times I have had contact with employees they have been very friendly and I have had no issues. This gym is always clean, tidy and organized when I go in, even though I go late at night when there is no customer service members there. There are always products available for me to clean the machines that I use. I like that they are open twenty four hours a day, but I do not think this convenience justifies their pricing. I also do not like that I had to pay an enrollment fee.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

It was opened 24 hours and it provided me with everything I needed to have a good workout. I like the atmosphere and that it was very clean. The staff no matter what time I went in for my workout were always friendly and very help if I needed anything. They would go out of their way to be helpful. The facility is always very clean. Everything is always in its place. There is never any dust or dirty floors. They are always kept very clean. I cannot remember the cost as I no longer go there but it must have been reasonable for what you were able to do or I wouldn't have joined.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

Anytime Fitness has very flexible hours, ranging from early morning to late at night. Easy to work with any working person's schedule. Anytime Fitness has an extremely friendly and helpful working staff. They will help you with a private service or greet you everyday. I would always recommend them. Anytime Fitness has a very friendly working staff. They are willing to go out of their way to help anyone. Would totally recommend them to everyone. Anytime Fitness cost is average. If only trying to be healthy wasn't so expensive everyone would be going to the gym. But compared to their competitors they are good.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Well they are open 24 hours which is good for people that have a busy schedule and need a certain time frame to go to the gym. The open time frame that they have is very useful. I would recommend the hours. Every time I have gone there they were very friendly and helpful. I never had any issues with the employees or the other persons around me doing their workouts. It is very well kept and clean there. The workout equipments are always cleaned after someone else uses them. Also they have very clean restrooms as well. The cost is very reasonable. You pay for a certain price a month and you can have all access to the workout equipment and can stay as long as you need to until your workout is finished.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

24 hours a day and you can use any of the machines and everything else that is available for use. You can go anytime of day or night. It is very well lit and most of the people are very friendly. So no matter what hours you work or what time you feel like working out, the doors are always open. It seems like they look down on you if you're overweight. They seem to like the more fit and athletic type of people instead of the people that really need to be at the gym. As Im sure all people need to be working out. Very clean and well taken care of. I give 5 stars because of the cleanliness and nothing is out of place and everything seems to be cleaned immediately. It seems that more of an incentive could be offered so that at least it is in competition with the other places. Better prices might make people more apt to try it and stick with it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

It was a very nice facility that I enjoyed very much. I really enjoyed my visit there. The hours of operation were from 8 am to 6 pm and I would highly recommend anyone who has the enthusiasm to go and try it out. It is a nice and quiet atmosphere and I highly recommend it to anyone since I was very happy and satisfied and very pleased. I was very happy to see the facility was very clean to have a janitor constantly check and make sure the facility is clean for the general public. The cost was very cheap and I am telling my friends and family about. Also I am thinking and or considering on getting a monthly membership to the facility sometime in the future.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

I love that I can go anytime that is convenient for me. If it fits my schedule, then I am welcome no matter what the time of day it is. It is very helpful for a busy mom raising kids and trying to keep up with multiple people's schedules. All of the health coaches are very friendly and helpful. There is no body shaming and everyone is there to help when you need it, not when it is convenient to them. A+! Very clean facilities! Clean towels are always available and you constantly see the staff wiping down the machines and sanitizing things. The pool is always clean as well. The cost is very efficient for what you get. Very worth the cost of membership. I would prefer just to pay one annual fee versus a monthly premium.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

It's in the name. You can go at any hour. You have a key to unlock the door. You can go in any time of day and night and work out. Everything is on camera so you are safe as well. They teach you how to use the machine and they have trainers available if you want to make use of that. I have always found them helpful and kind and encouraging. Very clean. They even provide cleaner and paper towels so that you can clean equipment before and after use. Bathrooms are clean as well and you have a cubby for all your stuff. Great place. Was a little expensive for me. So I had to terminate my plan but it was awesome while it lasted. Love that I could go any time I wanted.

Anytime Fitness expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes and exercise buffs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs