3.3/5 (71 ratings)

About Anytime Fitness

Anytime Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: May 12, 2022

I talked with the Bryce **l about their training packages. I chose the 3 mth package. He told me I get 2 free sessions if I pay upfront, so I did. He did all the work on his computer. The only thing I saw was the enlarged boxes to sign my name. When I asked about copy of the receipt/agreement, he told me he emailed it to me. When I got home and reviewed it, he had added an additional charge of $49 labeled Trainer Education Fund. He didn’t mention this to me. I would not have approved it since it is not my responsibility to pay for the trainer's education. I filed a complaint with the BBB. Be forewarned.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I personally wanted to become a member of Anytime Fitness, but your customer support who claimed to be the one to "assist" you, is very rude and arrogant. I sent my personal number which is asked in the website and they told me that I will be contacted by their CS. Today at work I got a call, but unfortunately phone is prohibited. There was no text message that it is from Anytime Fitness, it was a unsaved number calling so I got no idea who's that. So, I excused myself to answer the call since I got scared that it is an emergency matter. When I answered, it is a girl from Anytime Fitness CS, I ask her if she can call again because I am not allowed to take call during working hours but she insisted to talk and ask me arrogantly if I want to become a member or what. And she told me I call her instead if I wanted to be assisted. How rude and arrogant your employees. Very dissatisfied. The call is from **!! Kindly hire personnel who would fit to the job description.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2022

After filing a complaint I was harassed by the manager at the Pine Oak Katy location. I should be able to share my experience with a company. Reality is this company isn’t interested in doing better. Very disappointed with this entire situation and this company.

Original review: April 6, 2022

If you are poor do not join Anytime Fitness, they will make you pay $250.00 if you try to quit your membership, and their membership rules are not clear because I sent them a postal letter stating I wanted to quit, and was told where it says that in the contract does not mean that, it means that you have to go in person to where you signed up and they will give you a letter to sign after you give them $250.00.

Original review: March 21, 2022

I have been a member of AF since 2013 in NM. I worked out at a location in CO and their staff CHANGED MY PAYMENT INFORMATION to go to them. I have no signed legal agreement in CO, I live in NM, it appears they have a pattern of this type of activity looking at other on-line reviews. In addition the billing DOUBLED my payment amount to one subscription in NM and one in CO which took 5 billing cycles for us to finally see what was happening. They are denying the refund.

Original review: March 7, 2022

My wife, my son and myself were interested in joining a gym, so we went to the nearby Anytime Fitness in Davenport FL. We met with a trainer who showed us the facility and then we moved on to membership cost and I was very clear on not being in a contract! We were assured there was No contract. We ended up not liking the environment and wanted to cancel our membership with it when we were informed we were in a contract and the trainer who signed us up no longer works there. I actually had his number and gave him a call and he assured me that he did not sign us up for any contract! The gym manager just keeps apologizing but says there's nothing he can do. I would not recommend this gym to anyone who doesn't want to be in a contract.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Be really careful when taking memberships out with them. I've just read some reviews about Anytime Fitness continuing to take payments despite advising them to cancel the membership. This is exactly what has happened to my daughter and me. Despite repeated emails, requests for confirmation, and telephone calls they continued to take money from my account. The only way I could stop this was to cancel my direct debit. At the time my bank advised this happens constantly with Anytime Fitness. Now I've received a debt collectors letter. I've responded advising that if necessary I will be taking legal action.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Our family joined Anytime Fitness. When our family canceled the memberships, Anytime Fitness continued to charge our credit card for the memberships months after. Although we contacted them to stop charging our card, they continued to do so. The only way we could get them to stop charging us was by being forced to cancel our credit card. After we canceled our credit card and they were no longer able to steal money from us any longer, then harassment calls began daily for collections... even though we canceled our memberships long before. Now we're receiving threatening debt collection letters.

We paid for our membership timely during our membership period. We canceled our memberships. They continued to take our money. We had to cancel our credit card to stop it. Now they're reporting us. When does this stop? They took money from us beyond our membership cancellation date. They harass us daily. They have now reported family members to collection agencies.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Closed gym when it joined for covid but continued to take money from my account the entire time. I could not stop them. Do not give these people access to your account. This was just one of the many problems I had with them. I also joined because of a specific gym by my house. It closed permanently but they could care less.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

As a former Pro Athlete and a Strength Coach & Personal Trainer for decades, I know a little about gyms, and Anytime Fitness is the worst. I've been in gyms all over the World and all over the U.S. Anytime Fitness has poor customer service and lousy support when contacting the corporate headquarters. Save your money and go to any other gym than Anytime Fitness.

Anytime Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Anytime Fitness Company Information