Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.22/5

Anytime Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anytime Fitness?

Original review: April 17, 2020

Small and sometimes noisy if there is a class. Our membership is through our medicare supplement plan so there is no cost. Not often but sometimes, the equipment is not available because of people sitting down and using their cell phones. Gym is not manned all the time, but the staff is friendly. Most of the time there are plenty of wipes and most peple wipe the equipment after using. Free wi-fi is available

Original review: April 16, 2020

This is all simply about my particular AF. I have worked out with serious intention for over 16 years at a variety of gyms and clubs. Hands down, my AF club has the friendliest, most competent, and least off-putting trainers and staff that I've ever encountered in a gym setting. I have yet to talk with a club member, in my three years of being a member there, who has bad things to say about ANY of the full time staff and trainers there.

The equipment is modern and well maintained. Plenty of cardio and free weights for 99% of the population. The free weight dumbbells go up to 100 lbs. All of the most modern equipment like Traxx, bands, Bosu, etc. Cleanliness: always a large stash of towels, disinfectant wipes, and reminders to use both liberally. The staff is always doing laundry so that the towels are available and clean. I could go on, but I won't. Five out of five stars definitely.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2020

For starters, members can choose the time most right for them to workout 24/7. The only problem I have found is going at really wee hours, you are on your own, alone. Everyone is at risk for injury at a gym; if you are injured and alone, things can get serious. All the equipment is very clean, and when there is an attendant present, they’re friendly and knowledgeable of the machines.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I was recently put into a position where I could no longer continue my monthly payments for the gym membership. I contacted Anytime Fitness and not only did they cancel it right away but waived the notice period so I was not charged for the upcoming month. Definitely recommend using this gym for its flexibility and customer service. Will definitely sign back up again when conditions allow me to do so!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Every time I go workout at Anytime Fitness I’m greeted with a smile, offered help in my workouts, and if they don’t see me for a while they send me a message with helpful hints on returning to the gym. They offer help with new workouts with a trainer to get me on the right path. I would highly recommend this gym to anyone wanting to get back into shape.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

The worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. Managers ignore your inquires once they have your money. They charge $50 for lost keys which is absolutely insane. Not only this, but they have no compassion or empathy for their clients. I was in a car accident and lost everything in my car, my gym key included. I explained my situation both to the site manager and to Self Esteem Brands which is the parent company. Both had no empathy and still charged me the insane amount for a “lost” key in my accident. Aside from the terrible customer and employee morale, this gym overcharges for a tiny and underwhelming set of weights and machines. Save your money and go to literally any other gym in your city.

PS they reply to every bad review saying it is the customer's fault. First thing anyone learns in business is that the customer is always right and their side should always be considered. Any issues you have with a customer review should be spoken about in a confidential manner. Demeaning customers who once gave you money is not the professional or right thing to do.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

The company has not addressed the Covid-19 issue considering using consideration for health at all. Government issued notice they could not be open. In the meantime, they charge for time you can't go. They do no cleaning, keeping clients 6 feet apart, don't require masks, don't check for illness. They decided they would open without following government orders, charge people when they are not open, don't allow you to leave without giving them hundreds of dollars, jump on destroying your credit and keep you out of any other health club. No one is in the office, phones and emails are not answered, they are quick to make things up to justify charge clients.

I have visited clubs 6 months during their closing. I never found cars in their lot, or anyone working. Better Business seems to be backing their twisted logic. They say they are part of Anytime Fitness corporation when you join club. If there are any issues, corporate is not accessible, and individual clubs are not accessible. ABC takes your money, but is not accessible. They say individual businesses make their own rules. The businesses say they are following corporate. That is what illegal scams say to make sure buyer will have zero rights. Good clubs have closed from covid-19. I am surprised they are still operating.

Original review: July 29, 2020

A lot of problems have cropped up due to coronavirus and Anytime's handling of this experience is abysmal. They refused to allow me to cancel my membership, despite the fact that I cannot use the gym due to it being in a heavily populated area. There's no reason I should risk my health to workout, and the company refuses to allow me to cancel, forcing me to pay for a service I cannot use.

Original review: June 13, 2020

The gym in Athens, GA is poorly maintained. Equipment is rarely cleaned because wipes are frequently unavailable. Water fountain has been broken and gross for over a year. I notice a lot of tailgating into the gym, which might be why equipment is always occupied. I stayed because it was near to my house, but upon trying to leave, despite having gone past my contract, I found their customer service (if there is any) to be unhelpful to the point of their contract practices to be scammy.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Friendly place, easy to fit in, no pressure. Lots of machines that work well and are kept clean. Others are respectful and focused on exercising, so it's a good no pressure environment. Love that I can go anytime I want and feel safe.

Anytime Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 2002, Anytime Fitness is a large gym franchise with locations throughout the United States, Canada, Grand Cayman and over 20 other countries. Members can access any Anytime Fitness location after 30 days of membership.

• 24 hour access: Anytime Fitness gyms are open 24 hours and also feature 24-hour security. You can use the gym whenever it fits your schedule, even late at night or early in the morning.

• Services: Anytime Fitness offers many services to clients, including private showers and restrooms, health plan discounts, wellness programs, high definition TVs and more.

• Free pass: New customers can try Anytime Fitness free for seven days. Simply visit their website and fill out a free pass request form.

• Fitness classes: Many Anytime Fitness locations offer group fitness classes including Zumba, spinning, cardio, body conditioning classes, yoga and more.

• Equipment: Available equipment varies by location, but most Anytime Fitness gyms offer treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, free weights, lateral trainers and more.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Anytime Fitness Company Information