GNC

GNC Reviews

About GNC

GNC is a nutrition supplement retailer that offers a wide selection of products, including vitamins, protein and performance boosters. Customers can choose from many name-brand products to help them reach their fitness and health goals.

GNC Reviews

Stars Rating

• 5%
  • 3%
  • 2%
  • 1%
  • 90%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GNC?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GNC?

Reviewed April 4, 2024

I wish I had done some research first. It's been over a month and tracking is still in the same spot with no estimated delivery. Customer service is a joke, they shouldn't even offer the online chat option because it never loads. No idea if I'll be able to get a refund. DON'T buy from here.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed March 26, 2024

I ordered some creatine from here. The order was 49.99 so I got free shipping. Then I went to pay and use rewards points and then all of a sudden they tack on 12.99 for shipping. This is a scam. Don't tell me I can use my rewards like money then tell me if, "But you can't get free shipping because you didn't give us money." This is only one of the many things you can expect from GNC. I had a subscription for GNC pure isolate since 2017. They said the price wouldn't change once I got the subscription but COVID hits and they double the price. Let's not forget what GNC did to us during the pandemic. They took advantage of the death and loss of family members to double prices and sell lower quality products. Horrible place. You're better ordering online from any other vendor than these scam artists.

Reviewed March 22, 2024

I logged into my account to check my next subscribed order that was not for weeks so I hit ship now. I received my order yet also received notice of a duplicate charge from my credit card company. I logged back into my account & saw a second order on the same day. I contacted Customer Service & was sent email instructions to return the duplicate order to a local store.

The local store owner informed me as a franchise he did not take online returns or orders from corporate. I got the same from the other 2 stores in my city. I contacted Customer Service again only to be told my only option was to return the duplicate order at MY EXPENSE! Their error yet it is the customer’s responsibility to get it back to them then wait weeks for a refund. PATHETIC! My advice is do not subscribe to anything GNC sells & purchase online at your own risk.

Reviewed Oct. 5, 2023

I ordered some vitamins and other product that cost around 89.00. I did not receive any products and received an email that the product were delivered. I contacted GNC and explained that I did not get my products. I found out that they delivered to another home. I then received another email stating that they are not going to refund my money or send other products. I was informed that it is not their policy to refund or replace the products. Never use their online store. I will use another retail for health products.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 29, 2023

GNC products are now GMO (Bioengineered Food Products). Be very careful to read ingredients before purchase! GNC are omitting GMO labels on their advertising pages, be very careful. I've been using GNC supplements for many years now and, unfortunately, GNC products now contain GMO (Bioengineered Food Products), as listed on their new bottles.

Profile pic of the author.
    Staff

Reviewed July 28, 2023

Ethan over at the GNC at Frank Lloyd Wright/101 freeway was over and beyond gracious and pleasant. It was 110 outside and I was out of breath and he offered me water. What a kind young man. Wish there were more young people like him.

Reviewed July 23, 2023

Ordered online this morning at 7 am. Paid for same-day delivery for an extra charge. Was to be delivered by 10 pm today. Received GNC email that order was on its way at 10 am. Called at 3 pm for update on delivery. GNC rep spoke to Shipt (WHO DON'T SHIP!) that order would be delivered between 7 pm and 8 pm. Received voicemail from Shipt at 7 pm that order was cancelled. It's now 10 pm and order not delivered. Total fraud! I would not have ordered from GNC or paid for same-day delivery if I had known that they would not deliver on their PROMISE!

Reviewed April 13, 2023

I ordered supplements on GNC's website and paid for the same day delivery. They contract same day delivery to SHIPT. My package never arrived at my mailroom and they fail to acknowledge their responsibility.

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2023

I bought 6 grapeseeds and 5 of them were already expired. Talked to their customer services and sent the pictures of the bottles, but they refused to refund me. This was my very first order and really disappointed.

Reviewed April 27, 2022

After I ordered online yesterday, I got an email informing me to pick up at the store. They never informed me there was something they didn't have enough inventory. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been there (wasting time to pick up). After they made this mistake, I showed the man in the store "Your order is ready for pickup!" and told him there was a mistake since the items in the bag didn't match with my order. Then, he just told me in a rude way "go to call the customer service". I said, "this is caused by GNC, not me. It should be your job to contact them to find out what is the issue". Then, he went away and didn't apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

Then, I decided to cancel the order and contact customer service to cancel the order. The person replied "I have submitted a request to attempt to cancel your order, this is not a guarantee"! It is ridiculous that I ordered it yesterday, and I cancelled the order due to their problems inside GNC, and then they said they couldn't guarantee the order could be cancelled! They wouldn't give you your reward points automatically for stuff you purchased, unless you contact the customer service, and then they will add it for you. Be CAREFUL! Due to the facts, I WOULD NEVER trust their products. Just look at the poor management and poor customer service! Will you trust a business like this? I wish I could give a ZERO star!

Reviewed March 15, 2022

Canceled half the order immediately. Sent the free item via overnight so they could continue to charge the overnight shipping. And they have no estimate when or if the only remaining item on my order will be shipped. Definitely not overnight. Customer service was terrible. They might as well have just said you are out of luck and enjoy the inconvenience or trying to get your product or a refund.

Online & App

Reviewed March 6, 2022

3/5/22 a promotion on GNC website cites "buy 2 get 1 free". I bought 2 of the same product but only got 2. When I asked for explanation I was told I had to "buy 3 then 1 would be free". Nowhere on the website is that clear!!! I feel it is misleading and they refused to give me the "1" product (same item) for free as the promotion promises. I am a "pro member", paid $40.00 for free shipping for a year. I choose to never use their products again. I have wasted $40.00.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2022

I set up a monthly order for vitamin supplements. Two out of the three months they have messed up my order. The first time they admitted they didn't have the current product and had shipped a substitute. This last time I have contact customer service twice due to the shipment showing to have been shipped but never delivered to FedEx and never received by me. Each time I complain they give me the same response, "We will escalate the issue and contact you within 72 business hours." No one has contacted me and it has been over two weeks. I tried to get them to transfer me to a supervisor but wouldn't.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2021

In 12/24/21 I purchased an online order. GNC charged split the payment into two. One payment posted other purchase of the total pending which brought my account overdraft and the wrong amount still pending. I called customer service and was treated so disrespectful. I explained that the pending charges needed adjusted due to partial payment has posted. Today 12/29/21 I still have the pending charges of the total amount and then they charged my account twice for the split payment and total payment. Now I have three charges from GNC.

I have sent emails to the Customer service as they requested. They offer me 300 points which is not going to solve the extra charges. I waited for 53 min to speak with a supervisor. I’ve called my bank and was told that pending charge will post tomorrow. So in that case, the two transactions that totaled my balance and the pending charge…. GNC will get both payments which means I was charged twice. Nothing was never resolved here and I will advise not to order anything from online. I’ve been dealing with this for two days and spoke with three representatives. One unhappy customer!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 7, 2021

I subscribed to a service from GNC and due to Covid my first package never arrived. A kind letter staying problems due to the virus would keep me from receiving my package but the next was sure to come. Now it's time for renewal and I got hosed. I never got what I paid for and now they want more money. I received SOME of what I paid for but that is unacceptable to me. Now on my last box I got a letter inside stating I would get money off if I bought something. A coupon for another purchase is not what was offered. I have had issues over the years but this is the last time I'll allow them to do this. I am tired of companies getting away with lying and stealing from me.

Reviewed July 1, 2021

I made a purchase and paid for same day delivery, I made sure to provide specific instructions which stated not to leave my package at the door. The deliver company that GNC chose to use stated that the package was delivered however there was nothing nowhere. I called customer service and was advised to allow 24 to 48 hours, still nothing. I literally called 4 days in a row several times in a day trying to get information and no one could tell me anything. I was placed on hold for long periods of time and the call would just drop.

I finally spoke to a supervisor today which pretty much told me there is nothing that they can do. I would have to contact the delivery service that they chose. When I called the delivery service I was told that this is something that GNC has to handled. So I’m pretty much going to loose out on my money. GNC will not refund me nor will they send a placement order. I have ordered from GNC in the past and have not ever had an issue with regular delivery. Please beware don’t do the same day delivery.

Reviewed June 21, 2021

I was on a call for 20 minutes trying to get my account info so I could log in based off of a phone number I signed up with in-store - the representative did not know site functionality, could not explain a solution to my request, and only requested I return to the store I signed up at, which I have moved away from. He refused to transfer me to a supervisor when I requested one and then hung up. Utterly unprofessional, an example of a corporate giant outsourcing help centers with minimum corporate oversight and hoping that customer complaints won't pile up in enough numbers to make a difference.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed April 28, 2021

AUTO DELIVERY & ONLINE SHOPPERS BE AWARE! I’m currently a VERY DISPLEASED long time loyal customer. Yesterday upon starting another large order I checked all my GNC emails for specials, coupons & new product info. First off I had a couple items in my cart from the day before. Before continuing my order I went to confirm all our Auto Delivery dates. We ran out of thin mint lean bars 2 weeks too early so I opted to ONLY move the thin mint lean bars to this week instead of next month.

BE AWARE because it IMMEDIATELY & AUTOMATICALLY placed the order right after I clicked the next available date this week. I was NEVER given the option to add to cart, Confirm/Place order. No tabs stating Purchase/Next/Proceed to Checkout, Continue Shopping, Place Order, Add to Cart, Payment or Delivery Options, View Cart....which mind you I already had a couple items from the day before. Never given the option to use my $70 rewards, add to cart, apply coupons or discounts. PLUS they added 6 peanuts butter lean bars which were set up w/ a completely different auto delivery date not even connected to thin mints and we have over 15 boxes of just that one flavor already.

Immediately once I noticed what happened I called customer service. While waiting for a representative, only 2-3 mins. I checked my bank account & noticed my credit card had been charged & at full price for 16 boxes??? You’d think a company as big as GNC would have the capabilities and customer service reps who can politely try to help and or do everything they can to STOP & FIX this specific issue but no they can’t, won’t and rude. (Got the same guy both times I called, huge language barrier caused more issues.) His only answer was to place another order and return the box when I receive it. Once they receive the returned box it takes a couple business days for refund to show on card. I’ve already called GNC stores within a 40 min. drive and they won’t accept online return or exchanges since they are owned privately.

Reviewed April 21, 2021

I made a purchase and paid for faster delivery. Long story short the package said delivered but nowhere to be found. When I report it their answer was since the package says delivered they couldn’t do anything about it. How can a company take your money that way I don’t know. All I know is that I’ll never get GNC ever again. I rather buy where they appreciate me as a customer.

Reviewed April 14, 2021

I’m disappointed and upset. So I paid a subscription to GNC and got an auto-delivery for 3 different boxes of shakes one of strawberry, cookies and cream and chocolate mocha and an energy drink. So the first box (the strawberry protein) was delivered to the wrong house with the right address written in the box and luckily my neighbor knows me so he came to drop it at my house. Then the second box (the cookies and cream) that I received seems like they sent some leftover drinks that they had and just threw them in a box and came broken and not even complete. I call to complain and the guy of customer service promised to send me a new box that I never received. Then the third box of mocha they just delivered 4 drinks instead the box that I paid and asked.

With customer service I called to asked where is the box of cookies and cream and the rest of the chocolate mochas and the first guy sounds like he was driving and wasn’t even paying attention and hang up to me. Then when I finally talk with someone else said that the guy that promised to send a new box of the cookies and cream. Never created the order!!! So here I’m waiting for a “supervisor“ to call me and tell me where is everything. I said that I want to cancel my order and they said that they can’t..

Reviewed April 9, 2021

If I would have known how awful GNC's online ordering is, I would have went to my local store. I ordered 3 cases of Alani Nu energy drinks and a pack of the munchies protein bars on March 30th. After 3 days, I still hadn't received a tracking number or a status update so I reached out to their customer service department via chat. Not only was I not helped or provided an answer as to why my order was still "in progress" after 3 days, I was basically given a copy and paste answer from their website about high volume and a delay in shipping. The chat reps over the last few days couldn't provide me any information on my order, when I would receive it, nothing. I called and spoke with a GNC rep and she could barely understand me; there was a communication barrier to say the least. I asked to cancel my order because I couldn't get any answers on it, and the phone rep stated she'd put in a cancelation order and call me back.

Did I receive a call back? Of course not. Yesterday, 4/8, finally received GNC boxes but it was only one case of alani nu energy drinks and the protein bars. So, here we go again. I reached out to GNC via chat and the rep apologized for me only receiving part of my order and said he would work on it. He then comes back with the copy and paste response of "due to high volume, orders are being delayed..." Yada Yada Yada. I STILL can't track my order, as the original email says "in progress." I have no idea if I'll get the remainder of my order. DO NOT BUY FROM GNC ONLINE. Go to your local store and support them! The online ordering is a joke!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 30, 2021

I have am order that is over 2 weeks late. I call GNC and 3 times I got the same lady. She was very rude and would hang up on me. No refund. No information whatsoever about my package. Their automated system says call will be recorded, but they say customers are not allowed to record the conversation. What do they have to hide. Worst customer service. Period.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased some protein powders online and I was charged on my credit card the following day. After 16 days the product has not arrived. When I called customer service the first few times they said I had to wait 10 days for the product to arrive. After 10 days they changed their story and said I had to wait 15 days. I still don't have the product. Ordering on-line from GNC is a scam. Stay away. Go to the local store if you need something.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2021

Heads up if you try to use an older GNC gift card. They have recently switched to a new system and employees at several Ohio stores don't know that this system is not accepting gift cards. We had a bad experience trying to use a gift card we got at Christmas at a couple stores. At the third store a helpful manager explained what was going on with the new system. Also there seemed to be no way to check your gift card balance on the GNC site.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2020

On November 20 I made an order on the GNC online webpage of 1 Collagen Peptides - Unflavored and 1 Lean Shake™ 25 - French Vanilla with a total amount of $65.30 and a couple of hours later I received an email from GNC claiming that the items were shipped so after waiting for about a week I went to GNC webpage to track my items and when I got the items tracking number I went to FedEx to trach the items and what was my surprise that the items were never shipped so I call GNC customer service and spoke with Milena and she asked to wait 3 more days and call again.

So after waiting for 3 more days and rechecking with FedEx that the situation was the same I called again GNC customer service and finally they confirmed to me that they were out of stock with one of the items (Lean Shake™ 25 - French Vanilla ) and I that will get a refund after 3 to 5 business days and the same day I request for the other item to be ship to me again (Collagen Peptides - Unflavored ) and they did exactly the same this time, created a label but never shipped the item...Looks like the people controlling this webpage are scammers-criminals waiting to see if they can steal your money, thank God I used PayPal, and I screenshot every single detail so I was able to open a dispute through PayPal....Stay away from these people...If you need anything from GNC, use Amazon or eBay, they will watch-out for you....

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

I go to GNC specifically for bucked up products. I went initially for the velvet deer antler and ended up finding other products that consistently work well for me. They have so many brands to offer It’s can overwhelming but I’m glad I found one I can trust that covers most of my needs as a power lifter. I’ve had no bad experiences with GNC as whole. Staff is usually pretty friendly and eager to help in a way that's genuine and not just for the sake of Making commission.

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

BEWARE!!! DON'T BUY ANY GNC PRODUCTS ONLINE!!! I bought 4 bottles of B-1 online in Sept 23, and received them several days later. Then I sent them to my mom. Yesterday my mom just told me the expiration date is Jan. 2021. That's ridiculous. I complained to GNC, and got reply that they only consider damaged products with an expiration date less than 90 days, which means if you bought 4 bottles of B-1, you have to finish them in 3 months!!!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2020

We live on an island in the Caribbean where supplements are very expensive. Thankfully, GNC has changed life for myself and my family! They have enabled us to have access to a very wide range of great quality supplements for all ages. The prices are very competitive and the selections are wide and varied. We have been able to find something for everyone in our family! The online chat is wonderful as well! Any time any issue or query arises, our needs are met quickly and thoroughly. I would definitely, without a shadow of a doubt recommend GNC to everyone I know!

Price

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2020

I ordered from GNC over the weekend. I am still waiting for my order. I ordered four items. The order price was good with my discount. Hopefully, these products are effective and worth the price I paid.

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2020

I go for the sales when I shop. One day I just happened to be there and a particular item that is hard to find. Ginger Tea Crystals was right there in front of me. You can only find that in mom and pop health food store where they sell mostly health teas and vitamins. Now I don't have to travel way on the other side of town. They carry items that don't have in other major health stores not even online.

GNC Company Information