4.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business (based in the USA with shipping worldwide), they are able to deliver the latest hearing aid technology starting at $799/ear. All of their hearing aids are custom programmed by their Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test. Simply call them or send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing, and their experienced team will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Select from models offering rechargeability, direct phone and TV streaming and invisible-in-the-canal styles. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free trial period (guaranteed satisfaction or 100% of your money back), free shipping, a full 3-year manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited phone and email support for as long as you own the aids.

BOTTOM LINE

Embrace Hearing offers behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal hearing aids in multiple performance levels and colors. The company is online only and has fair, transparent pricing, 2- or 3-year warranties and friendly customer service.

PROS

• 45-day free trial
  • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
  • Custom audiology programming

CONS

• Online only

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite feature is the service, which is always courteous ... I'm very impressed with that.

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are.

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace offers three hearing aid models. All Embrace models come with the ability to detect your environment and automatically adjust for it. Tinnitus management software is available on all models.

• The S-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model can be directly paired to your smartphone (iPhone or Android) for phone calls. Tinnitus programming is included on request. The S-Series is available in three performance levels (S-310, S-710 and S-910). Prices start at $799 with a two- or three-year warranty.
  • The R-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model is rechargeable. A three-hour charge provides 24 hours of battery life. This model has a telecoil and can be fitted with CROS and tinnitus programming if requested. The R-Series is available in two performance levels: R-710 and R-910. Prices start at $949 with a three-year warranty.
  • The C-Series is an invisible-in-canal (IIC) model suitable for mild to severe hearing loss. This model fits entirely into your ear canal, which makes it almost invisible. The hearing aid volume can be controlled by a free smartphone app or an optional remote. CROS and tinnitus programming is included on request. The C-Series is available in two performance levels: C-660 and C-860. Prices start at $949 with a three-year warranty.
 S-SeriesR-SeriesC-Series
TypeBehind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Behind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Invisible-in-canal (CIC)
Hearing loss levelMild to profoundMild to profoundMild to severe
BluetoothIncludedAvailableNot available
PowerTraditional batteryRechargeable lithium-ion batteryTraditional battery
Tinnitus managerYesYesYes
Warranty2 or 3 years3 years3 years
PriceFrom $799/earFrom $949/earFrom $949/ear

Embrace Hearing prices

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids. Costs range from $1,498 to $2,698 per pair. Models are available in rechargeable and Bluetooth versions. Financing is available. Every hearing aid purchased comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards and domes. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

Price per pairFinancing cost
S-310$1,598$104/mo
S-710$2,098$137/mo
S-910$2,698$176/mo
R-700$1,898$124/mo
R-900$2,498$163/mo
C-660$1,898$124/mo
C-860$2,498$163/mo

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. To start with Embrace, you need to have a hearing test with a professional. Audiologists and ENT doctors can provide this. This test typically costs $50 to $100, and most insurance plans cover it.
  2. You can then reach out to Embrace. If you’re not sure which hearing aid to buy, you can consult with the Embrace audiology team. They look over your hearing test, ask you a few questions and make a recommendation.
  3. Once you purchase your hearing aid, it takes five to eight days to arrive. Embrace has a 45-day return policy if you aren’t satisfied with your hearing aid.

Embrace Q&A

Will my insurance cover Embrace hearing aids?
It's best to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative to understand your benefits. Embrace Hearing can help complete forms your insurance company provides in order for you to get your reimbursement.
Is there any charge if I return my hearing aids during the 45-day trial period?
No. Embrace will refund 100% of what you paid — no programming or re-stocking fees.
Are Embrace hearing aids custom programmed?
Yes. Embrace’s audiology team uses the results of your hearing test to program the hearing aids to match your personal level of hearing loss.
Do Embrace hearing aids help with tinnitus?
Yes. Embrace hearing aids can be equipped with a tinnitus manager white noise soundtrack you can turn on or off as required.
How long is the Embrace hearing aid warranty?
All Embrace hearing aids have a three-year warranty. The only exception is the S-310, which has a two-year warranty.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids for anyone who is looking to upgrade their current device. The company's website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about its products. The company also provides upfront pricing — you won't be surprised by your final cost. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a strong choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I lost all my hearing in my left ear 40 years ago when I was in Vietnam, and my auditory nerve is severed. Any repairing or amplifying we did in my left ear would not be able to get to my brain. My right ear has been fine until about six months ago, and I had a sudden, moderate to severe hearing loss in my right ear, which was quite upsetting. It happened while I was talking on the phone to somebody. It didn't happen gradually, it happened all at once. I’ve gone to two otolaryngologists. They said I’m 78 years old, and it happens with age. I’m still skeptical of the medical professionals’ explanation. We tried a couple things to try to treat it, and neither of them had any effect at all.

I’ve known a lot of people who purchased hearing aids in the last two years. Within six months, every one of them decided not to use the hearing aids any more for a variety of reasons like dealing with feedback and echoes. I was considering not buying a hearing aid but I finally decided. I do a lot of public speaking and a lot of leading of groups and so forth, and I need to be able to hear. I did some investigating on the web, and I contacted three different companies. The man I talked to at Embrace was incredible. I was also leaning towards trying to buy a device from someone in Baltimore where I live so that they could physically look at it and adjust it, and show me how to do things to it.

This fellow had really good answers for why things would work better with Embrace because they have videotapes. They also have people on call, and they don't have to wait three or four weeks for an appointment to watch those videotapes. It was that man’s pleasant intelligence and conscientiousness that led me to make the decision. I was also very interested in the thing that they call a TV connector, and I definitely wanted one of those. I like it because I don't have to turn on the subtitle or the closed captions anymore. I can understand what people are saying. I don't like everything they're saying on the news these days, but I understand it. I also discovered when I read the literature that came with that device a little more that it can also work with my computer.

About three hours ago, I did a webinar online for a bunch of people. I had had difficulty doing that lately since I lost all this hearing. I just plugged that TV connector into my computer, and it went straight in Bluetooth right into my ear. It was fabulous so I ordered a second one. I don't wanna have to keep moving back and forth between my computer and my TV. It is better because I can listen to that television as loud as I wanna listen to it, and nobody else hears it in the house. That’s a feature I didn't have when I was listening with my real ear.

I was skeptical about hearing aids, and I put mine in right after it arrived. We had a little trouble, and this nice guy talked me through. A little bit of wax had gotten on the thing that’s underneath the wax guard, and he showed me how to take that off. He talked me through cleaning it. After that, I stuck it in my ear. I’ve had none of the problems that my friends reported having. It’s not perfect. I have lots of trouble in noisy rooms, still. Also, I drive a cute little convertible, and I have lots of trouble with the wind in my ear. But those aren’t their fault. I’m a skeptic who has become a zealot for my hearing aid.

About three weeks after I had fallen in love with my hearing aid, I had to fly to a conference where I was giving a paper in Texas, and on the way there, I fell asleep on the plane. We landed and I went to the rental agency, got a car and drove to my hotel room only to discover that I didn't any longer have my hearing aid. It apparently fell off in the plane and I didn't even notice it. I came home and immediately bought a second one. That’s the one I’m now in love with. In fact, I like this one better. It comes with a little wire thing that you’re supposed to curl up in your ear, and you use that to pull it out of your ear. It’s different from the thing that’s connected to the hearing aid itself. With my first one, that little wire thing wouldn’t stay in my ear.

My professional life was becoming more and more difficult before I got this hearing aid. Also, my wife doesn't get mad at me because I can hear her. Embrace Hearing perhaps saved my marriage. The only thing is I don't like the picture of the woman that comes up while the app is coming up on the phone. It’s sexist. I don't know why you have to put a beautiful woman on there. When you open the little app on your phone, it takes a while for the thing to load, and while it’s waiting to load, they have a blonde woman in a red dress leaning up against the side of the wall and that bugs me every time it comes up.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I had had a prior hearing aid in one ear some five years earlier. And I hadn't liked it because of the way it was constructed. It was one of those you charged overnight. I always was out of rhythm. I forgot to put it in at night, and I didn't have it in the morning. I didn't use it very much. And then, when I checked in to look at some point, I felt I should probably replace that hearing aid with two hearing aids because I noticed that I had some difficulty understanding friends. I priced it, and it seemed outrageous. It seemed 6,000 and up. I checked out one that a peer recommended, and it was 40% discounted. But including the discount, it was 6,300. And then, somebody said there's really good hearing aids that I can buy online called Embrace.

I got the medium hearing aid from Embrace but I don't use it all the time. I took too hard the fact that a hearing aid doesn't give you perfect hearing, but it helps. When I wore it to a restaurant, it gave me some difficulty because the background noise was loud, and it tended to override the voices of the people at the table. That may be because I have a simpler model that doesn't really allow all the fancy accommodations. And I also hadn't bought anything with the view to be comfortable in large groups. I wanted something to be comfortable in small groups.

It took me a while also to become adept at putting them in. It was a little difficult, and my ears would hurt or itch or feel very uncomfortable. But after a while, that settled in. And now, I'm pretty good at putting them in. When I wear them, the hearing is quite more agreeable. I find a significant difference, and I hear considerably better with them on than off. I'm quite pleased with them. I have recommended the hearing aid to a number of people.

Original review: July 4, 2019

My hearing loss is mild to moderate on both ears and I had a Signia set of hearing aids but I lost one. We did a lot of research and I talked to people online and in person about Embrace. I met an audiologist and I found out that they were well informed. I liked the possibilities of what I heard. I like the microphone and the other part that allows you to connect with Bluetooth. Also, my insurance covered their product. I was looking at something else but it wasn’t covered by my insurance and I didn't like some of their answers. I bought the upper end product of Embrace and it adjusts automatically if you have a speaker beside you or on one side or the other. Since I’ve had them, my hearing is better but I get a feedback on the phone sometimes. I had to hold it out for my ear.

The sales reps were well informed. However, I sent an email and it was slightly incorrect. So, I was scolded by Bran who returned it. He said I shouldn't have sent it there and not to send it there again. They were kind enough to forward it to him but I felt that he was a little rude. At that same time, it said in the instructions that you could ask the right size for the ear portion and I wrote in that same written conversation that the conch lock was not fitting right in my left ear. The gentleman said he would forward me more of those and he would forward me the medium-sized ear portion that goes inside your ear, and that was probably five weeks ago.

We were traveling, so three days ago, I wrote back and said that it has been about at least a month. I didn't know if I should expect those to arrive or if it was lost somewhere in the system. They were attentive when still waiting for me to send my money and then after that, it's kinda like, "Oh, too bad." I wasn’t pleased with that. I've been a little bit disappointed with the service since the purchase but I would recommend Embrace.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Barry was at the point where he couldn’t really hear people. He was having trouble making out what they were saying. He started becoming annoying to me because he would say, “Huh? What did you say?” And I didn’t even wanna talk to him anymore. We had ordered a hearing aid through the mail from another company, but it was one of these amplifiers that we didn’t realize. We felt it could’ve made him go deaf totally, so he sent it back. We had some appointments with other hearing people that had offices around here, but the prices were very high.

We had put Embrace Hearing in the back of our mind. We were thinking about it, then we did some more research on it and they had the same product that the other people were selling for close to $5,000. So, he took a chance on it because there was a "use" period and he could send it back. Barry loves it. He was really impressed and he thought he made the right decision, and Embrace has also been very helpful. It was good when he could hear and it has really made a change that he can hear what I’m saying. Embrace hearing aids make a big difference for people that can’t really hear.

The person that my husband spoke to wanted to continue speaking with him, but we realized it is a smaller company and they have limited staff. We accepted that. There wasn’t someone there all the time to speak to, but the man got back to us. If they had one here or anywhere near us that we could call, they could set up an appointment and we could come in, but we couldn’t do that here. We have to wait until that particular individual was on call. Nonetheless, Barry feels we got a fine product. One that had all the bells and whistles would cost a great deal of money.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had some decrease in hearing as indicated largely by my wife for a few years. In retirement, I also joined a group called Lexington Storytellers and I found that I was increasingly struggling to hear particularly the kindergarten students as they would ask questions or make comments. Then when I would ask them to repeat, they were often intimidated. They would think they had asked a bad question. So I wanted to be able to hear them more clearly. My hearing exam showed that I had lost some hearing in the higher frequencies that are typical of young children. But the audiologist also said that I was in that in-between range where some people find that they gain significant benefit from their hearing aids but others feel like it doesn't do them any good. So she said it was my personal choice.

I decided to go ahead and I was impressed with the material that I was reading about Embrace on the internet. One of the things that frustrated me though was that it was very hard to find good comparative information on hearing aids. Most people have only had one or two brands of hearing aids in their experience so they either like what they have or they don't but they don't have comparisons. On the other hand, when I called Embrace, I felt like I was getting sound information as opposed to a sales pitch. So that impressed me. They were also considerably less expensive than others and that appealed to me. Embrace operates largely online and their argument is that you pay the $150 to go, have the audiologist check out your hearing and let them know what the audiologist found then they would reprogram the product for you as you need it.

They also said that what often happens is that there's a relatively small amount of money that actually goes into the hearing aid then the prices increase to cover the handling. They also said that you would often find that others would boost that price up. They would tell you you're getting a top-of-the-line hearing aid and therefore it's more expensive. To some extent, that's certainly true. But then the folks are likely to charge you even more and tell you that by paying more, you're getting free service.

There are some people who might greatly benefit by sitting down with a hearing aid technician to walk them through things. But Embrace has online videos showing how to change the batteries and the wax guards, and I'm able to follow the directions. So in my experience, it has all worked the way they have suggested that it should work. So I'm pleased. I paid less than a thousand dollars for my hearing aids and as far as I can tell from talking with other people, they will do just about whatever other people are getting out of theirs.

One of the reasons I was also willing to try Embrace was all of the reviews they had online. They were not all positive but everybody said that the company has been very quick to respond to their questions, and that has been my experience as well. Over the phone, they were certainly helpful in terms of telling me what I might expect. When I called to discuss things, they did a very good job as well. The technical person answered my questions and provided information. I sort of anticipated that at the end of that time, he was gonna turn me back to the sales force or try to push me to order right then but he didn't. He simply told me to get back with them if I had any other questions. So I've been very positively pleased with the relationship.

I've also had emails from them telling me things I might try. I got an email suggesting that because of the way the batteries are designed, if when you first put them in, you take the little tab that covers the battery off and expose it to the air for a few minutes, that will increase the life span of the battery by 25%. And that's certainly in the range of what my experience has been. So that is one example of their follow-up and taking care of me.

In terms of the hearing aids, I think the audiologist was correct. I'm not always sure whether I am benefitting from them or not. But there have been a couple of times that I've seen evidence that they're doing me some good. On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging and sometimes, that means that I am behind them rather than with them. Previously, I had found that it was increasingly difficult to keep up with the conversations. But since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I am probably also more comfortable with the small children when I'm telling stories.

The aids I've got are programmed for hearing in large conference rooms where I want to hear the speaker in front of me and mute the sounds behind me, and I think I can detect the difference. I am more comfortable in those situations when I change the program for that setting. There's also a setting that is supposed to mute road noises and when I tried that on one occasion, I found it easier to listen to the radio. The road noise was significantly less and that was even in a pickup truck with larger than usual tires where the road noise is greater than it would be in a passenger car. The hearing aids are helping me some and in situations that I value having better hearing. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are and I've told other people if they start looking for hearing aids, they ought to look at Embrace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My mother has full hearing loss so we purchased an Embrace Hearing Aid in October. It's okay, but it's not what I expected it to be because the hearing quality is not as good for my mother. It's not helping her no matter how high you put it. There is no volume to adjust. It's not optimal. The first time I called their customer service was because it was just popping out. It wasn't staying in. So, the gentleman explained to me what to do, changed the dome, and it seems to stay put now. It helps if the hearing aid stayed in the ear canal instead of falling off. So, that was helpful. You can changed the channels, but not the volume. The volume is still low for her, so it's better than nothing. She still can't hear properly. I haven't contacted Embrace about it. It was custom-made for her. I thought I was done with it.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello "S" - We are very sorry to hear your mother is having some issues with the LEFT hearing aid she purchased - We wish you would have called us for help earlier. We will call you tomorrow to resolve the volume issue but if she is unhappy with her purchase, we will talk about a refund even though she is beyond her 45 day trial period - Our goal is to solve her hearing issue....and we will. We look forward to speaking with you tomorrow.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Before, I've had hearing aids that didn't work very well. The last one I had was an odd-shaped one and the middle ranges are bad. I gave Embrace a shot and the salesperson I mainly dealt with there didn't over-contact. He waited for me to make a decision and was really good to deal with. Thus far, the Embrace hearing aids are better than the pair I had before and they work well. Since going with these hearing aids, everything's been really smooth.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I had a total hearing loss in my right ear. It just happened from one day to the next. My girlfriend's friend, Lauren, is from Embrace and the prices of the hearing aids were unbelievable compared to what the other doctor had given me. So the doctor where I went to see wanted 4,800. And after speaking to Lauren, she said it would cost about 1,800. It's a huge difference, and I'm really happy with it. In fact, I just met somebody who had an incident like mine, just total hearing loss. I gave her the information and the contact. So I don't know if she went ahead and also purchased it. But I'm very happy with the service and how everything turned out. The customer service was really great. There was a little mix-up on one of the colors that they sent, and they were able to take care of that right away and apologized. I had a great experience overall

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I had trouble with the original hearing aids because my hands don’t work as well, so my son got me this new thing which I've just received. They are slightly different. I don’t quite understand properly and how to get them in. There's a little hard plastic thing. I'm gonna fiddle around with it, and I'll get my son to look at them when he's back to Toronto. But the hearing aids help with the television. Everything is lovely.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

The original sales guy was great. I got a follow-up from somebody with initials after their name, and they were good too. It was overall a pleasant experience. There was good follow-up. But the batteries don’t last very long. Other than that, they are hearing aids and they work.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello "G" - Here is a tip to get more battery life. The batteries in hearing aids are air activated. That is why they have the little plastic tab on them. Under that tab are several very small pin-holes that allow exposure to oxygen. If you place the battery in the open battery door and remove the tab, and then leave the door open for 3-5 minutes to allow the battery to fully activate, you should get about 25% more days of battery life.

Embrace Hearing Company Information