4.6/5 (42 ratings)

About Embrace Hearing

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business that is based in the U.S. with shipping worldwide), the company delivers the latest hearing aid technology starting at $899 per ear.

Pros

• 45-day free trial
    • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
    • Custom audiology programming

Cons

• Online only

Bottom Line

Embrace Hearing offers behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal hearing aids in multiple performance levels and colors. The company is online only and has fair, transparent pricing, three-year warranties and friendly customer service.

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite fe...

Verified

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've als...

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace models

Embrace Hearing offers the two most common hearing aid styles: behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal. All of the company's hearing aids are custom programmed to your hearing and come with a three-year warranty.

• The X-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model pairs directly to iPhone or Android smartphones for hands-free phone calls. Tinnitus programming is included on request. The X-Series is available in two performance levels (X-550 and X-950). Both levels come in rechargeable or 312 battery models. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.
    • The C-Series is a completely-in-canal (CIC) model suitable for mild to severe hearing loss. This model fits entirely into your ear canal, which makes it almost invisible. The hearing aid volume can be controlled by a free smartphone app or an optional remote. CROS and tinnitus programming is included on request. The C-Series is available in two performance levels: C-540 and C-940. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.

All Embrace hearing aids are custom programmed to your hearing test by the company's licensed audiologists. A hearing test serves as your prescription and provides the precise data required to meet your hearing needs.

You can provide a test from any local audiology clinic or take the free online test on Embrace Hearing's website.

X-SeriesC-Series
    TypeBehind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Invisible-in-canal (CIC)
    Hearing loss levelMild to profoundMild to severe
    BluetoothIncluded (no remote required)Not available
    PowerTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional battery
    Tinnitus managerYesYes
    Warranty3 years3 years
    PriceFrom $899/earFrom $899/ear

Embrace hearing aid prices

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids. Costs range from $1,898 to $2,498 per pair. Models are available in rechargeable and Bluetooth versions. Financing is available.

Every hearing aid purchased comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards, domes and unlimited customer care for the life of the hearing aid. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

Price per pairFinancing cost (36 months)
    X-550$1,898$67/month
    X-950$2,498$88/month
    C-540$1,898$67/month
    C-940$2,498$88/mo

All prices are accurate as of the time of publication.

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. Embrace Hearing requires a customer to have a hearing test in order to program the hearing aids. You can send recent tests for a recommendation or have a new one done locally or online at the Embrace Hearing website. Embrace has partnered with SonicCloud to create an exceptionally accurate hearing test that takes about 10 minutes and can be done from your home with any Android or Apple device and a set of earbuds.
    2. Once you provide your test, Embrace Hearing's audiology team reviews it and provides you with a written recommendation. The team also follows up with you by phone to answer any questions.
    3. Once you purchase your hearing aid, it takes five to eight days to arrive. All adjustments are free of charge (including shipping) for the entire warranty period.

Embrace has a 45-day trial period to ensure you're satisfied with your hearing aid.

Embrace FAQ

Will my insurance cover Embrace hearing aids?
    It's best to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative to understand your benefits. Embrace Hearing can help complete forms your insurance company provides in order for you to get your reimbursement.
    Is there any charge if I return my hearing aids during the 45-day trial period?
    No. Embrace will refund 100% of what you paid — no programming or re-stocking fees.
    Are Embrace hearing aids custom programmed?
    Yes. Embrace’s audiology team uses the results of your hearing test to program the hearing aids to match your personal level of hearing loss.
    Do Embrace hearing aids help with tinnitus?
    Yes. Embrace hearing aids are all equipped with a tinnitus manager white noise soundtrack you can turn on or off as required. In addition, since the X-Series connects directly to your phone, you can stream any preferred tinnitus apps directly to your hearing aids.
    How long is the Embrace hearing aid warranty?
    The X-Series and C-Series have a three-year warranty.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids for anyone who is looking to upgrade their current device. The company's website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about its products. The company also provides upfront pricing — you won't be surprised by your final cost. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a strong choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

The Embrace hearing aid is 100% awesome. It's the best hearing aid I've ever had. I usually have a bunch of hearing aids that I have laying around, even the cheaper ones for 100, 200, 300. When Embrace came along, they put something right in the middle. It's not a $400 hearing aid, but it's not $3,000 either. It's affordable and you can make it work. For what you give and for what this hearing aid does, it’s a beautiful thing.

The crazy part about this is its capability of being on the phone. The other ones, I have to keep taking them out. They're not as good as this. When I got this, I thought I won't use it all the time but I got no choice anymore because I want nothing to do with the other ones. Once in a while, in a restaurant, I might put it at a minus four because it'll bring up the voices a little bit more across the tables and it seems to work for whatever that is. On everyday life and wherever else I go, it's always minus five. Everything else is too powerful. If you get to zero, you'd give yourself a headache. You would have to be almost completely deaf to use zero.

I had emailed Embrace and asked what would be the chance of me being able to take a chance on the C Series which is not supposed to be as powerful as the ones that I'm using now. It would be nice to have two different types. Sometimes, when you constantly put this behind the ear, then it gets a little funny too. You wanna give behind your ear a rest. But they wanted me to feel this one out. On those other hearing aids, you can't do anything yourself. You can't touch it. You gotta keep going back and if it doesn't work, you gotta make an appointment. You gotta sit there all day and wait for them to come out. Especially now with all these masks, that's the worst thing. But Embrace came up with this remote control thing. I do it through my phone. It's much easier to just scroll through the phone, touch it and put the volume. The app is another beautiful thing.

What I also liked is that I'm allowed to buy one. They said, “Your hearing’s bad, and you could use two, but we'll sell you what you want.” I said, “Sell me the one and let me say what I got, and then we'll see.” It leads me to feel like I have another step. As you get older and your hearing gets worse, you wanna always feel like you're not at the last step. What Embrace also did which was really cool was by having this online hearing test, it allowed me to take the test and set up the hearing aid to the best I could. The only thing is the battery doesn't last as long as some of the other ones I had. Nevertheless, I recommended this to anybody that's got issues. It's very comfortable. I hope that Embrace stays around because they're good for me. They help a lot of people.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I've enjoyed the hearing aids. Embrace left me a message a month after I had them. They made sure the hearing aids were okay. And I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying that the wax guards I buy every three months should be replaced and to keep the hearing aids clean, so I do. These hearing aids are better than the other ones that I had. I'm amazed at how much clearer everything is. Because they actually work and sound better. I can hear words I was missing.

I had battery ones before. They last five to six days for the batteries go bad. But they didn't Bluetooth and anything else. That stuff wasn't out then. No place in Embrace's ads say that if you're using Bluetooth or just because they Bluetooth back and forth with each other, the batteries have half the life as what ones without that did. I have to change the batteries in three days. And that is with turning off my phone from being able to receive it, or the TV being able to receive it. The only thing I do with the Bluetooth is adjusting on my phone. And that is the happiest thing I like, is being able to adjust the mids, basses, and my trebles on the phone because some shows are just not good, and I can make it to where I can hear things better. I don't know if it was better to pay the extra 400. It's probably still cheaper to buy batteries over the life of what they're expected, but just the inconvenience. I just carry a package of batteries in my pocket all the time.

Considering that it would be 4,500 for Beltones, obviously at 24 something, Embrace was a much better deal. And I like the fact that they have a three-year warranty on them. Beltone had a year or so. But you kept going in every couple months, and they would change out the wax guards and do different things to them, and clean them up. But if there was something major, I would have to pay for it myself after the year. I've recommended Embrace to four people already.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Embrace is a nice company and Tim, the owner, was a nice person. I've spoken with him. They have a nice approach. They're responsible, responsive, and they're an honest product. It's a little more costly than some of the others, but, marketing is marketing. However, we returned the hearing aids as they didn't satisfy me.

One of the things that you really need when you get hearing aids, is that you need to get the real ear measurements, and that can only be done if you have the equipment and do it in an office setting. The other thing is that it's difficult to do things with Zoom, trying to connect with something like a hearing aid over the internet. Compared to the rest of the market, they're all overpriced. Product is very similar to the other products in the class. There are some products that are more or less popular.

Most people don't know how their hearing aids work. The products have features. I know how they work, and so I want some of the features. The feature right now that I have, as an example, when somebody calls, all I have to do is tap my ear twice and it connects to my cellphone that's lying in the living room. I tried another brand that went for about $2000 and they gave you a three-year warranty with an audiologist on Zoom. That was the closest thing to real life that I've experienced and the product was not so bad either.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I went to my ear, nose, and throat doctor and we did a comprehensive hearing analysis. I have a noticed hearing loss. When the time came to price out a set of hearing aids, they ranged between $5,000 and $7,300 for the pair. We researched on the net and found Embrace. I have the top-of-the-line hearing aids, AU3950 and it's a quality program that Embrace offers. I bought the set for $2,500, which is half the cost of the low-end hearing aids that the ENT specialist offered.

I have the hearing aids hooked on the Bluetooth of my phone and it works pretty well. But I have one battery going bad so I'm not hooked up to Bluetooth right now. When one goes bad, the Bluetooth shuts off. The batteries I have are not rechargeable ones. A battery can last me from nine days depending on how long I wear the hearing aids every day. Sometimes I can't wear them because of what I do. That's not a drawback but it’s part of the program.

The Embrace doctor is a fine lady and a good audiologist. She called a couple of times to follow up and see what's going on. I had a real serious tint where there was a tinny sound to the edge of every word and every sound I heard, whether it’d be paper folding or a plate being put on a table. The doctor was able to talk us through it. We went into the website and modulate the hearing aid so the sound was not as tinny. It was a lot better. My hearing loss was severe but I’m fine now. My wife doesn’t say something two or three times anymore. That’s a good feeling. I'm a senior citizen and if anyone asks me to recommend a hearing aid company, it will be Embrace. The product, price, and service are good.

Original review: June 17, 2021

My old pair had in-between device between the hearing aids and the phone that you needed to use. So, I was looking for something with a direct Bluetooth connectivity. I tried a different company that I found online that the price is a little lower, but I wasn't satisfied with the quality and the Bluetooth did not work with my specific phone. The price looked reasonable, so I gave Embrace a try.

When I first got the hearing aids, I was initially contacted to make sure everything was working well. I had some concern on how long the batteries worked with these hearing aids compared to my previous hearing aid, and got some suggestions. The second time, I missed them. They left me a voice message, but I never got back with them. Embrace would do a random call now and then. And if I was in the middle of a work call, I couldn't take it right away. They could do better on scheduling consultations.

The more I've worn the hearing aids, the more I've gotten used to them. And previously wearing hearing aids, I'm more comfortable experimenting with these and trying to figure it out. I switched batteries and found out that buying the more expensive batteries was more expensive, but I was getting more time on one set of batteries. Also, the sound quality is good compared to my previous brand. It was a good sound quality also, but they were a lot more expensive. So, I liked that over that, and that was one of the items besides the Bluetooth connectivity that the previous pair that I tried out. The quality wasn't there either, even after a few adjustments. But I'm happy with these.

Original review: May 18, 2022

My Embrace Hearing aid is behind the ear and it's rechargeable. I can hear better since using it. The rep has also been wonderful working with me. I'm amazed she's put up with me this long.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I've been to other places and Embrace does a follow-up. I'm very pleased with the service and I recommend them to anybody.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I got the Embrace hearing aids with the batteries. They work as good as some of the other ones that I previously had but the Embrace ones were cheaper.. I like them and I can hear a lot better.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I liked the reviews and rating for Embrace Hearing. They were very friendly and tried hard to make it work for me. I got their in-ear Nano model and I like that it's adjustable by the phone easily. The cost was reasonable compared to other hearing aids of that quality. The hearing aid has made it a little bit easier to hear in the classroom, which was the reason I bought them. It may not be quite strong enough in the classroom but that is a personal preference.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I had a little bit of difficulty hearing conversations. I gave Embrace Hearing a try. I like the ability to select the different modes on it and change volume levels. The Bluetooth connection is to adjust the volume and change the modes. But I can't hear phone calls or anything through it. I don’t often wear my hearings aids. Before I tried Embrace, I had some Eargos. Although I didn't necessarily like the sound correction, the Flexi Palms on the Eargos were much more comfortable in my ears and they stayed in my ears better. The Embrace ones tend to slide out a little bit. The one on my right ear will eventually work its way all the way out so I push it back in. I tried the different sleeves that go on them and I tried all the different sizes. On the whole, Embrace had good service and good hearing aids. I told my brother that.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello Chris - We were sorry to hear you are having some issues. When we last spoke it seemed like everything was going very well. One of our Audiologists will call you shortly to resolve these issues. In future, please call us anytime, 7 days a week at (888) 929-9555.

Embrace Hearing Company Information