Call toll free
4.68/5
Based on 89 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2011, our premium, high performance German engineered hearing aids have been raising the bar year after year at prices far lower than you would expect. Because we are an online business (Based in the USA - shipping world-wide), we are able to save our customers thousands of dollars by keeping our prices at about 1/3 of the price of retail.

Our hearing aids, which are custom programmed by our Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test, start as low as $449. Simply send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing and we will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Customize your look with the choice of three performance levels, seven different color combinations and a variety of Bluetooth accessories. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free-trial period (Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back), free shipping, a full manufacturer’s warranty and, of course, unlimited phone and email support.

Try our “Autosurround” aids and let Embrace Hearing show you what you’ve been missing.

Embrace Hearing….Embrace Life.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

178 Embrace Hearing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

My mom has moderate hearing loss. My brother looked up for hearing aids on the computer and came up with Embrace. My mom got the H30, however, she's having a hard time keeping them in and the wire in one of the hearing aids broke. Other than that, my mom seems to be able to hear better with her Embrace hearing aids. I would definitely tell people to go with them.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello Terry - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad the hearing aids are working well but need to speak with you about the two issues you mention. We will contact you today - Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I have a borderline severe hearing loss in my right ear and no insurance coverage for hearing aids. Embrace Hearing’s price point was affordable so I got the best one that they make and the speech beam. For both ears, what I got from Embrace would have cost me $6000 but I got a state of the art and top of the line product for half that. The Bluetooth capability is cool although I did not think that I would get much use out of that. When I receive a phone call, it gets pumped right into my hearing aid. They can hear me fine and I can hear them great without headphones or anything. I can hear better and it’s a good thing.

But when I got it, I was hearing some buzzing sound coming from the right hearing aid and I attributed that to being occasionally a defective device. But they were saying that it was the fact that I have nerve damage in my right ear. My ear is now hearing what it should be hearing and the brain doesn’t know how to process it because the nerves are damaged. The buzz I was hearing was my brain and not their product but they went the extra mile. I told them that it’s not that I don’t believe them, but I’m skeptical. So they sent me another right hearing aid, programmed it exactly like the one I had and said, “You could be right”. And so they sent me another one and said that if it solved the problem, to send them the other one back. If it doesn’t, to send them the one they sent me back. And they were right.

When I put the other hearing aid in, I had the same buzz, so it’s me. I sent the spare back and thanked them. They told me I have to get used to it. I appreciated it because I’ve given them a lot of money, and I will always have that nagging doubt that I had something wrong versus it was just the fact that my ears were damaged. It couldn’t hear that sound anymore and what it hears comes out as a buzz, because the brain doesn’t know what to do with that signal.

I learned to live with my hearing loss because I can get by but it’s aggravating for me especially with my wife constantly having to ask her to repeat stuff. But now, my life is a lot better and it’s significantly different because of the hearing aid. When we’re driving down the road, my wife is on my right, which is my bad ear but I hear everything she says. If I’m in a crowded restaurant and there are people talking, I can hear everything. Before, I couldn’t pick up what was being said. I knew somebody was saying something but I couldn’t hear it. I should have done it a lot sooner, but I like spending money on Corvettes and guitars too and this was always a bottom priority, but I had to make it one.

Original review: May 10, 2018

My father who has moderate to severe hearing loss uses the H700 Embrace hearing aid, which we got in February. He could hear better with it and it has made a difference. We’ve gone outside and he could hear more things and sounds than he used to. The hearing aid has been working but there were times, he couldn't understand the speech and that's one of his big problems, and even with watching TV sometimes, he couldn't understand the words. I’m not sure what we can really do about it. I was gonna call Embrace but I haven’ had the chance to do it. My father hasn’t seen any Embrace staff too and that’s another thing I wanted to find out if there are any places locally. We just bought the hearing aid online.

But I spoke to Embrace in the beginning about the hearing aids and the interaction I had with them was very helpful. Embrace is fairly easy to work with. And all in all, the hearing aid has been pretty good. We chose Embrace originally because of the cost and some of the reviews about it that I read online. We just started working with them and I just have to learn how to maintain them and change the batteries. I’ve been changing the batteries every nine days. If you have moderate or not really, really severe hearing loss, this hearing aid is worth the price.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My wife went over the internet and researched Embrace and it appeared that they had the best writings of anybody she looked at. I chose to get the H700 because it had everything I needed. I talked to 'em when they asked me the length of the wire and the size of the earpiece. Since having the hearing aid, I can hear. In fact, this morning when I put it on and turned it on, everything was really quiet in the bathroom and I went, “Man, those birds are loud.” It’s like a new world. And I didn’t know that computer keys made a noise and click when you type on. I’m like a little baby, making all these new discoveries.

I am happy with the hearing aids and they’re comfortable. I have remembered to take them off every time I get in the shower. But I get this little gravelly noise and a little feedback when I’ve only had them for four to six weeks. I know that they’re programmed to increase the volume every week or two until they get you up to the top volume. But I can always turn them down when I start getting bad echoes. I just push the button and they turn down a little bit.

The cost was pretty grand. But I think everything is way too much. I bought cars cheaper than that. In relation to the quality, I think compared to everything else that I looked at in the market, it is very reasonable. And their customer service was really nice. I’ve called and talked to them, and they’ve told me what I needed to know. That was how I found out that they save the program to increase volume over time. And I’ve recommended Embrace. I was talking to a friend of mine and he wasn't happy with his hearing aids. I was trying to get him to look at Embrace and I told him that with it, I could hear.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I have partial hearing loss. I went online and I looked at all the options. I selected Embrace based on reviews and I got the Embrace H-700 type. It doesn’t have a bluetooth but it’s a combination of everything. I do hear better now and they are comfortable. In fact, I come to bed many times with them still in there if I don’t remember to go back and take them off. Also, I had a couple of questions, I sent an email, and I got a response quickly. So far, I'm happy with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: April 18, 2018

My wife has Embrace hearing aids. She's had hearing aids for 10 years, and the ones from Embrace were replacements for the ones that she had. She had an old-style hearing aid, and we happen to be in Florida for three months and hers shot craps. So I started looking online and found Embrace. Everything I read about them was good. They were rated as one of the top three and they have a 45-day free trial. She had just had a hearing test before we came down here. So, we've got the hearing test sent in to Embrace and got the hearing aids and so far, so good. My wife has had the hearing aids for 90 days and we were just talking about them last night. She doesn't seem to have any issues. It's a lot better than the 10-year-old ones.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had a doctor recommend Embrace Hearing. I tried their hearing aids and I actually had my hearing test done and they recommended I keep them. I was considering getting rid of them because I was having some fluid behind my ear and that was why I can’t control my hearing. I got the 700 type and I'm able to use the phone with it, hands-free. However last night, I was in a room and we had a speaker and the ceiling is so high, I couldn’t hear a thing. It was just so much noise and it was really difficult.

The sales guy called me when I was wanting to return it. He extended the warranty because I was going through some testing to make sure I wanted to keep them before I committed to them. I’m grateful for that but it was a real slow response time and I was really surprised by that and a little disappointed too. There were a couple of times I called and it took a while for them to get back to me. I called, I had a question and there wasn’t anybody to answer that question at the time. We had to wait for a callback which was frustrating.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have a partial hearing loss and I liked the reviews that I read about Embrace Hearing. Their hearing aid was the first one that I got and I could hear better with it. I’ve recommended them to my sister-in-law and I’ve told them how great Embrace was.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My hearing has improved since having the Embrace H-700 Hearing aid. It’s top-of-the-line and I’m impressed with its quality. But my ears were itching when I first got them and they called me back and they recommended that I take them out and wipe them off because sometimes there is some residue material during processing that remains on them. And that seemed to resolve the problem. Their service was excellent for its cost.

Original review: March 15, 2018

My hearing loss was minor and I chose to go with Embrace Hearing due to reviews online and a cheaper cost. I got the basic model that goes behind the ear and it helps. I sent the audio thing in and the reps sent me the hearing aids and talked a little bit about how it worked, and I was satisfied with that. I also asked them about their support because I'm leaving the country and I'm hoping they can still support it if I've gone somewhere, and they said there's no problem. The battery life isn't really good, but the good news is they aren't that expensive. But they're not rechargeable and it would be much better if the hearing aid itself was rechargeable, instead of having to switch batteries constantly. Overall they're good hearing aids for the price. Unless you have a complicated problem with your ears that they'd have to be adjusted constantly, Embrace Hearing is a good way to go.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I saw Embrace Hearing online and I tried them and you've got to pay for them upfront. If you don’t like it, they give your money back. I don’t wear my Embrace hearing aids all the time. The battery goes dead so fast it's almost impossible to wear them a full day without them going dead. I was told you need to open them up. And I open them up every time I take them off so the battery's not working. But I may get a day and a half out of each one of them. It started out I think I was getting two and a half days, an extra day but all of a sudden it seems like these batteries aren't lasting very long at all.

And another thing, I'm getting a lot of feedback on it. I had a surround sound put on it and maybe that's why I'm getting that echo feedback on it. And so I had to turn it down to the lowest point. But I'm happy with them. I didn’t buy the pair that I had my ears tested because I discovered it's going to be like $7,000. Then I went to Costco and those people were ridiculous. I had to make two appointment trips to go see him and I never did. I don't know Embrace get these things from. They probably get it from China or somewhere else but they seem to work fine. And I cut the profit down in half. The reps at Embrace Hearing all seem to be really good. I think they know about the hearing aid business. They seem to be a legit type company that's trying to help the consumer for a better price. But when you go to an audiologist they seem to want to charge the highest prices that they can possibly find to solve your issues.

Hello William

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments here. We are going to contact you today regarding your Battery issues. The batteries should be lasting 7-10 days reliably. Either you have a bad batch or there is something wrong with the hearing aids. Either way, we will get it resolved today.

Our hearing aids made by a German company.

Embrace Customer Care

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have 40% hearing loss and it's from ranges of sound. I was a journalist for many years and I take notes and then write up the story and what I was having trouble doing is understanding people I was interviewing even when they spelled their name for me. I couldn't tell the difference between C and P and D. And it affected my work so much so I had to do something.

I decided to have Embrace hearing aids because the price was less than half. I would have preferred to use a local provider where I can go over there for adjustments. But I would have had to pay and come up with a couple of thousand more dollars to have that luxury. So I went ahead and bought Embrace hearing aids and I had 45 days to see how it worked. I thought the other brand I was working with locally was probably a little bit better for me but it got $2,500 better.

My hearing aid goes behind the ear. This model was well-formed. It does the job. But with the accessory things I'm not too fond of that remote that comes with it because the one I was trying out from Siemens, the same control was right on the hearing aids. I think the one feature that they had, it automatically adjusts in certain sound situations without having to press any buttons which is a good feature.

And the customer service team responded for me when I had a concern about fit. They treated me very well. When I didn’t understand about the remote because when I first priced everything the remote was going to be like around $120 so I didn’t order a remote because I don't know why I would need a remote. And then come to find out is that changing from one program to the next, it's supposed to happen automatically. But if you want to do it manually, you have to have a remote because you can't do that by pushing buttons on the unit.

When I found that out, I said, "Are you serious? I was used to having those different programs if I can't switch and then select them." So, they threw in a remote for me. They didn’t charge me for the remote so that impressed me. And then when I had some concerns about the fit, they sent me a longer wire or they were supposed to have sent a longer wire but I don’t really think that wire was any longer than what I had. These don’t fit as well as the Siemens one I was trying out but they fit well enough and they're working for me. And in order to get adjustments I have to package them up, mail them back to Embrace and then wait until they adjust it and then they send it back and I see if that adjustment helped. That's kind of awkward. So I have not done that.

But Embrace hearing aids certainly improved my hearing and my work situations and now I understand dialogue in movies. I just kind of go on with what it is instead of taking time to be without them for about a week or more while they do an adjustment. Embrace is a viable option for people. I know it's not in the hearing aid industry. Companies like Embrace are quite controversial because there's a lot of people who research. Some people would say to stay away from the online companies and that people should not be buying hearing aids that way. That you need a personal fitting but in order to get that, you need to spend a hell of a lot more money.

But I think one person in the industry I read, said that he would rather see people have the hearing aids and get their needs addressed than not have a hearing aid because they just can't afford it. And that's kind of the position that I'm in. I got a daughter in college and I decided to use that extra couple of thousand dollars I saved by keeping her student loan debt down. There's a good market in it for a company like Embrace. I've been treated well by them but many years in the future when these wear out I hope I have enough money that I could be able to afford a local provider.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello Mark - We think there is a little misunderstanding. We can program the buttons on your hearing aids so they control volume and programs (like the Siemens aids you mention). Also, the fit should be at least as good as Siemens. We are going to contact you today to resolve any lingering issues you have. With Embrace, you are not settling for less - you are simply not paying for 'retail' overhead.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My husband's hearing loss was annoying. We looked at reviews online with the different brands that were out there, compared the cost and ended up with Embrace Hearing. When I dealt with them everyone was great. They were really awesome and I even got a call on December 24th. My husband can hear me now since he got the hearing aids. He’s not saying, “What?” all the time. He’s able to pay attention in the conversation better. I can definitely tell he’s listening to what I'm saying.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I had problems distinguishing voices in noisy situations. I work with kids and a teacher and we had to sometimes whisper about watching the kids and I could not pick up the whispers in the background noise, so I needed to isolate sounds better. I did a bit of research on the web and saw that Embrace Hearing was rated quite well and it is a fully German product. I have had good positive responses to most things like that and I like that I am getting quality without as much money as somewhere else.

I went with the model with the directional hearing. It was decided as the best for my hearing loss and it turned out to be as I was concerned about the directionality. I am not overly pleased with it though as it does not make a lot of difference. The directionality still does not quite pick sound up. But the hearing aids make sounds more distinct now. The sound is not just louder but is a bit clearer, which was the main thing that I was after. If it is getting loud when I am working with the kids or if I'm on cafeteria duty and I need to be selective, the hearing aids help me with that. Having to really be able to pick up some subtle things, the hearing aids made me be able to do my job. I can keep this job forever.

Dealing with Embrace's customer service team has been a positive experience. Everything worked well. Now, if only I could get the same thing for $300 rather than $2500, I would like that. But it's worth looking into. Do the audiologist. Go through that whole procedure and see their recommendations. And if they suggest, "Okay. Hearing aids are part of the answer to your problem," then, I would recommend them from there.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I was at about a 70% hearing loss and with Embrace Hearing, it's fine. I got the behind the ear style and it has a remote on it. There's a little bit of disturbance in the background but other than that, it's okay. Embrace Hearing has a good reputation as an online hearing aid place. I was in a hurry to get the hearing aid and it was out right away. And it seems to work the way they promised. Embrace Hearing is worth it and others should give it a try too.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I was impressed with the fact that Embrace had a real person to answer the phone. He was very nice and knowledgeable, and he transferred me right away to their tech support. He was busy but he took the number and they called back within a couple of hours that same day. He answered all the questions that I had, and then I decided to go ahead and take a chance and use them. The product was shipped almost immediately. The instructions to deal with it worked well and I’m happy with it. I would tell others not to have any concerns about buying something over the internet through Embrace. Everything that they told me was exactly how it was and I have already recommended Embrace to at least three or our people that are looking into it.

My hearing loss before was moderate to severe and I chose Embrace for its cost. The H-700 was the latest one and it had everything that I wanted on it. As far as streaming from TV, I can hear the TV really well now and I don't have to strain. There were some programs that I really couldn't get anything from as the sound was so distorted. But I love the blast streaming from TV now.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Generally, the cost for a hearing aid seemed too high. My sister bought some hearing aids from Miracle-Ear which cost $7,000. I researched on the internet and I figured that Embrace Hearing had a quality product and I’d save some money. But, I was a little apprehensive because you don’t need to follow up test. Still, I bought the 700 Plus with SpeechBeam which is their top of the line model. It costs $2,800 so I saved some money. Overall, it seems like a good product. I have TV on my computer so I stream sound into my earphones and I like the remote control. However, I had problems with overpowering noise so I called them. I sent the hearing aid back to have it reprogrammed. They reprogrammed the unit and the process went smoothly. It helped quite a bit. It could be better but I would still recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I’m deaf as a post and I’m 78. I like my Embrace Hearing aids and it’s better than what I had before. Plus, it was less expensive and seemed to offer the same or better performance. But I still have trouble with conversations and hearing people and I have to get the volume all the way to the top before I really hear things. The uStream has some effect, but I’m not really sure exactly what it’s supposed to do and if it gets too far away from me, it starts clicking. I got my hearing aids tested and I had changed the wax guards, and that made a big difference.

Still, I think that I shouldn’t have to be turning it up that much. My power levels aren’t set up right and the algorithm that they’re using isn’t working. The other thing is I get too much on the high-range. My low-range is where I get a big hearing loss, so I can understand why they're pushing it up. I can still hear low, but it isn’t in the curve that they have. Also, I don’t know why the voice is echoing and I would like to get rid of that. Other than that, Embrace Hearing is a good outfit.

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are going to call you today to sort out the issues you have mentioned. And we are always avaiable at (888) 929-9555.

Embrace Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have a partial hearing loss and I’ve been with Embrace Hearing for quite a while now, mostly due to their price. I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada, and hearing aids cost double than what I paid Embrace Hearing online. I checked them out and was impressed with what I saw and went with them. I now have my second set from them and the one I have stays behind my ear. These hearing aids are a necessary evil. I don't like wearing them but they help me out. They have improved the acuity of hearing. It can pick up sounds and it’s much more pleasant in a crowded room than it used to be in the old set. And Embrace Hearing's customer service is the best part of the whole thing. I dealt with Tim and he was excellent, especially the first time. I would talk to him and get an immediate response. He’s a real problem solver. I recommended them to a friend and he’s having the same good response. I’m completely satisfied with Embrace Hearing.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I needed to replace the hearing aids I got in 2011. The place in town was expensive so I looked at what else was available out there. I went online and did some research. Embrace had very helpful reps and I got their most expensive unit for my partial hearing loss. I like them better than my older hearing aids. They are more discreet and I like the little handheld remote that turns it up and down. The only other thing is the thing that you hook up to the television so that the television plays on the hearing aids doesn't seem to work very well. Also, my insurance was supposed to pay $1,000 but they told me that I would have to do that on my own. Other than those, I'm very satisfied across the board with my experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I started at Costco and they put in a hearing aid and they told me to walk around. That didn't tell me anything about the hearing aid so I went online for a couple of brands that I tried at Costco and there weren't many good responses from the people who had purchased them. I continued looking and Embrace was on there and it said it was strictly an online company. There were 160 responses for the company and all but 10 were positive. That said a lot because with another company if there 50 responses, 35 were negative which was not good.

I had a woman call me on a Saturday night from New York in her home at nine o'clock her time. I did a Skype so that she could look at my ear and see what I was doing. That was absolutely going overboard but she was marvelous. What happened was I had a terrible time putting this thing into my ear. We went round and round with that. My kids were holding the phone so that the lady in New York could see what I was doing. And when my kid who has hands that are big enough to hold a basketball out it in my ear, she said that was right. It took me a while because I was so excited but I got an absolutely phenomenal response.

I bought their top of the line which was $2,500 for both ears and that was very reasonable. Right now though, there's a defect in my hearing aid. It was playing music in one ear. It was trying to do something and couldn't. And when the batteries ran low, it would play two notes in my ear and I'd know that I'd have two hours to change the batteries. I normally change both at the same time because it was just a short period of time until the other one would go bad. But this one, I finally counted, it was 34. I called Embrace and they said to send it back and they would give me a new set because there was a mechanical and an electronic problem.

I went with a top brand six months ago, a walk-in and it's stand-alone at an Otolaryngologist. It was $6,500. I have a cousin who is profoundly deaf and that's the one she has and it's marvelous for her. But I'm at the beginning scale, putting my hand behind my ear and missing those little bits of conversations. I thought my hearing wasn't bad enough to justify $6,500. When I looked at Embrace, I thought that for $2,500, I got the Cadillac or whatever the best car was nowadays. The one I have has a multi-directional hearing and microphones, back, front, side. And if I'm sitting at the table and someone to my left is talking, it makes that side go a bit louder and cuts down on the right side. And if the conversation lead person changes, so does the hearing aid. It has a lot of nice pluses and it hearing aid enhances my hearing a lot.

Overall, the service of Embrace has been unbelievable and there doesn't seem to be a "No. I can't do it." They just seem to be "Give me a minute and I'll call you back." It's quite remarkable. They're wonderful with responses, with contact, following through and calling up. But there's always something to improve on like having a stand-alone where a customer could walk in and somebody would say, "You're here for an Embrace. No charge. This is how you put it in your ear."

Other than that, if anyone wants to have a hearing enhancement that they can afford and that has marvelous customer service, they should call Embrace. They can also go online and talk to Embrace. Most of the time, I talk to a seller named Kim and this other woman also is a hearing aid audiologist, the one who called me from New York. I would absolutely, unequivocally recommend Embrace to anybody who was asking. I even recommend the company even when they're not asking.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I've been wearing hearing aids for the past 15 years due to moderate hearing loss in both ears. Last May, I experienced sudden profound hearing loss in my right ear (probably congenital). My hearing aids were about 5 years old (Costco brand), so I needed something that was a little more powerful and up-to-date. After visiting two local audiologists and seeing what they had to offer - Resound, Phonak and Starkey brands, and reading their reviews on this site, I decided to give the Embrace H-700 a try. I also purchased the BlueTooth remote and TV streamer. I purchased just the left hearing aid as I had tried a CROS version in another brand and didn't like it. That was in October, so I've had the hearing aid for almost four months.

All I can say is I am very satisfied with the product. I love how I can stream music and tv programs directly to my hearing aid. Now I can listen to music (or other programs) while at work without having to mess with putting in an earbud and taking it out, and putting in my hearing aid when someone comes to talk with me. I can watch tv after my husband goes to bed and I don't have to use the closed captioning on the tv anymore. I have been thoroughly pleased with this product and have told several people about it. I think it is a shame that traditional hearing aid companies charge so much for an inferior product, and am so glad that there are more options available online. I whole-heartedly recommend the Embrace hearing aid.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I’ve had hearing aids for the past seven years. Oticon was quite pricey and the Embrace Hearing aid has a more reasonable price. I got their top-of-the-line device and it came with a remote device for various modes. It seems to help if I get the correct mode in various situations. It's doing the job, though I have issues with back audios. I always set the mode to something that I can live with since I don't have the remote with me most of the time.

The team was quite responsive and there was an after purchase call several times inquiring if I was okay with them. The hearing aids had a positive effect on my life, but it helped my wife more than myself because when I watch the TV, I don't have the volume as high. Also, purchasing it was straight and simple and I was comfortable with doing it online. I am happy with what I received and satisfied with my experience. I’ve recommended Embrace Hearing to several people.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I had a hearing loss so I got myself some hearing aids. I researched the internet and found that people like Embrace Hearing. I got their H-700 which is better than what I had before and I can hear better.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

My Embrace hearing aids are the very best and I like them very much. These have much more control and they have a streamer. The ones I had, ReSound, had no streamer and were not functioning well. It served for years but these Embrace hearing aids are much better. I purchased the top-of-the-line model and the Embrace Hearing team was excellent and they helped in every way. I’m also pleased with the cost of these and I’m very satisfied with Embrace Hearing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I needed hearing aids and went with Embrace Hearing considering that they had a good reputation. They also have quality German hearing aids. Their reps have been very professional as well. I've had the 700 model hearing aids for lesser than two months. It has a remote and uStream. It also has Bluetooth connectivity and because of it, I can have the television volume adjusted without affecting other people. When I’m watching something on a laptop or using my phone, I can have the stereo adjusted too. But it only works on very new TVs that have Bluetooth and they should say that in the material. This is my first hearing aid and it took a couple of weeks to get used to it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My Embrace Hearing hearing aids are extraordinary. My insurance had a $2500 deductible and they gave me a special rate, so I got them for $2300. I also got the uStream with it, which is an absolute must. The earpiece itself adapts to the environment and if it doesn't, you have four different settings for different environments. 90% of the time, I don't need to change the setting since the hearing aids do it themselves. Then, the other times, I pick the setting for music so I can listen to music. I'm a real music buff on oldies and when I listen to classical and classic rock music before, I lose the high notes. I have music stored on my computer that I haven't listened to in eight years and when I listen to it now, it's just like, "Boom".

The people there were like my friends. They really cared. From the first time I called them until I got my unit, the rep that I got followed up, asked me if everything was okay and if I needed to have an adjustment. It was like a friend calling me to make sure it was okay. They also told me everything to expect that would be out of the normal, good or bad, which I didn't get from my audiologist or other people. So when I put the unit on, I was aware of the things that might happen. They told me that there's normally a four to six week period to adapt to the unit, but I have moderate to severe impairment. When I thought my unit stopped working after two days, they gave me a website to go to for a cleaning. My audiologist says I have no wax in my ears, but when I went to the cleaning site and I had the equipment cleaned it, it had wax in there. It wasn't the equipment, but my body.

They also did my insurance forms since they're in the industry and they know all the answers that the insurance company is going to ask. I sent them a blank reimbursement form. They filled it out, and they put all the codes in there that the insurance company would normally ask for, that I would never have known. I then had a two-minute call with the insurance company since the codes they were looking for were already in the application. It was really impressive.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Embrace had nice reviews so I thought I'd give it a shot. The price was attractive too. I was missing a lot of conversations, especially in groups. I wanted to get the best programming I possibly could for my hearing loss and the hearing aids have worked out well. I'm still getting used to the tone and sounds that I'm hearing but so far, I really like the hearing aids and they're very comfortable. Plus, the staff of Embrace had been very good, nice and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had a pair of Phonak hearing aids that I wasn't totally satisfied with, but they were pushed to me by my audiologist. They were getting toward the end of their useful life of four and a half years, so I did some research on what would be my best bet, and I came across Embrace Hearing’s website. I read some reviews and their ratings were much higher than anybody else's across many platforms, while the Phonak was rated the lowest. I was interested in the SpeechBeam technology and I like that Embrace hearing aids were engineered in Germany. I thought I'd give Embrace a try and I got the 700 with SpeechBeam.

I also bought the remote that hangs around your neck and the TV stream. I like being able to use a Bluetooth feature to answer and speak on the phone without touching it. Plus, Embrace hearing aids really help when I'm watching a movie on TV to have the soundtrack in my ears rather than being subject to the acoustics of the room, which can sometimes make it seem muffled even with hearing aids. I’m still getting the audio from the speakers, but I’m also getting it through my hearing aids. And I can adjust the volume both with the TV streamer and with the buttons on the hearing aid, or with the little Bluetooth remote. My wife hates to listen to advertisements on TV, so she'll mute the TV, and that mutes the speakers. It doesn't actually mute the audio signal, so I still get the commercials in my ear.

Once, I had trouble getting the TV streamer to work, and it turned out to be a problem with my audio system. I had to get something that would split the audio signal out of the HDMI cable and route it to the TV streamer with an optical cable, and I figured that out on my own. But I had another issue getting something to work with Bluetooth, and the people from Embrace called me back and walked me through it, and it worked fine. Their customer support is really good and I am satisfied. The whole package I paid Embrace was a little under $2800, and the Phonak I had were $4200, so the value for what you pay Embrace Hearing is very high.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I read all the information about Embrace Hearing and it sounded good, so I tried it. It was really hard to find hearing aids because there was nothing to judge them by. I have the remote that goes with the hearing aid but I’m just not satisfied with it. Plus, I didn't find it useful at all. Embrace Hearing has been fine but the hearing aids are not what I want.

Embrace Hearing expert review by Shelley Webb

Embrace Hearing offers consumers a discreet, affordable and customized hearing aid that can help with any amount of hearing loss, including severe hearing loss. The company is based in the United States, and they ship their German technology hearing aids anywhere in the world.

• Customized for your needs: Audiologists customize each hearing aid based on the results of their customers’ hearing tests. This means you will receive a hearing aid that is personally made based on your hearing needs when you order from Embrace.

• Get a professional opinion before you buy: If you aren’t sure which Embrace hearing aid model is right for you after you take your hearing test, contact Embrace. An audiologist will assess your hearing test and help you choose the best hearing aid for your needs.

• Three models to choose from: Embrace Hearing offers three models: Embrace H100 (mild to moderate hearing loss), Embrace H-300 (mild to severe hearing loss) and Embrace H-700 (mild to severe hearing loss). Prices range from $449-$949 per ear.

• Bluetooth remotes: Connecting your Embrace hearing aid to one of their Bluetooth remote controls transmits the sound from your TV, radio and mobile device directly to your hearing aid.

• 45 day trial period: Try your Embrace hearing aids to see if they are right for you. If you aren’t satisfied, return them within 45 days for a full refund.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Embrace Hearing Company Information