toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been around the town where I live to see what the local offerings were and I looked up hearing aids. It had bad reports so, I started looking around on the internet and I found Embrace Hearing. I have never had anything like that before but I had a week of coaching from them about how to do it. I have the intermediate level which is the H-300. I got them specifically to be able to hear classroom discussions better, and it helps to hear people in a classroom situation when voices are soft and quiet to make them much clearer. It’s been effective on that front.

I’ve had them since May and up till now, there have been zero complaints. Also, they have very good customer service. The representatives are very prompt and helpful when it comes to questions on what to do about this and that. And they have a few “How to do” videos on their website that take care of most of the questions that I have had so far. At this point, the question moves over to one of durability, but it's excellent so far with Embrace.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased the H-700 from Embrace Hearing and I like that it fits well and the hearing is good. I also like the four settings and the remote but I have to re-sync it every month. It falls out and then I have to call Embrace Hearing to help me. It un-syncs itself and it's a pain in the neck but otherwise, it’s fine. I've been so impressed with the stuff that I suggested it to my girlfriend who is also looking for hearing aids. Her audiologist suggested an entirely different one. I said, "No, try this first." So she did and she likes it. My experience with Embrace Hearing has been positive and their customer service is very nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went on the internet and looked for the best-selling hearing aids out there. Embrace Hearing came up and all of the testimonials were 5 stars, so I thought it must be good. So I checked them out and got the H-700 type. My left ear is virtually dead and so I can plug something in my left ear but I have to turn it up to 900 decibels for me to hear. But that didn’t work. The guy suggested that I take them and wear it for now, just in the right ear because the left ear is kaput anyway. I tried that but the only thing I got out of it was that I can hear dings like the sound of a microwave. Whereas before, I didn’t hear it clearly. I sent it back and it took a few days before they credited my credit card. I had an excellent experience with them but it just didn’t work for me. Just the same, I will recommend them to anybody looking if they don’t have a goofy ear problem like I have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace hearing aids had very positive reviews online, were also less expensive and have better quality than other hearing aids so they were worth trying. My mom can hear with them and she’s much better. The hearing aids are great and I'm really glad I bought them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mother has the basic unit from Embrace Hearing which is the one without the Bluetooth. I read that it had the technology of making them more directional as required and the price was very good. The representatives were very good to deal with, too. And though my mother has trouble putting them in so there’s reluctance on her part because she lacks dexterity, her experience with Embrace Hearing has been very satisfactory.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Embrace Hearing has been good. I purchased their hearing aids. They work and are easy to wear. They know their stuff and their price was very good. Overall, Embrace Hearing was very helpful and competent. I’m very happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price at Embrace over other companies and everybody there has been absolutely accommodating and helpful. The hearing aid is like an ear plugger on my one ear. I was having trouble with the dome because my ear canal is so small and after a couple of tries, they found a dome that fits. The experience was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My father has a behind-the-ear hearing aid from Embrace Hearing. Everything was excellent with our interactions with them. We went through an adjustment period and had to send one hearing aid back to get a custom mold of my father's ear made. Tim, the person I talked to, was absolutely excellent, as well. They're also very responsive and they do what they say they're going to do. My father is deaf in his left ear, so the left ear hearing aid transmits sounds over to the right hearing aid and that’s a helpful feature for him as well as the remote control. He’s very happy with the hearing aids and these are the most expensive hearing aids thus far, but they’re also the best.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have the Embrace Hearing aid that goes behind and down through my ear and it does a good job helping me hear sounds that I don’t normally hear like high pitch sounds. But I still have a little trouble as far as understanding what somebody is saying, and I can hear a little louder but it doesn’t always distinguish. I’ve had a few hearing aids and have been very disappointed with some of them, but these Embrace Hearing Aids have been the best as far as picking up sound. I will recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I couldn't afford what the locals wanted so I went online and chose Embrace Hearing for their price and the fact that it was manufactured in Germany. I know you can't always trust what you read online but in my case, it turned out okay. The hearing aids came quickly and they are good, and I know that because I paid $4,000 for hearing aids prior. They were eight years old so, it was a big improvement over my old ones. The only drawback is that I'm in Canada and they're in the States, there's a risk of getting lost if I send the hearing aids back for correction and that they can't test how they're working right on me. But they've been super to get back to me quickly with an email to show me a video on how to change the wax protection and the domes etc.

I can hear better now but I'm not happy with the way I hear the television. I don't know if my hearing aids need adjusting but they told me that I could buy an enhancement for it. Embrace could get a few technicians here in Canada because I found three different places after I got the Embrace Hearing aids to have them adjusted, to see if they're working properly, and every place wanted $500 per ear. Then, they tried only to work the service you came for which is a bunch of crap because when I had my past hearing aids, I only needed to service them about three times. So, that's what Embrace could do.

Nevertheless, Embrace’s cost and quality were good compared to the Phonak I had before which was an old technology. Also, I didn't reach $2,000 for two of them and if I were to replace them, I went locally to see what it would cost me and it was up to $7,000 for a really good set. The service is good. It's unfortunate that they haven't gotten a technician around but they can give service online. Overall, the service was as expected as they told it would be online however, their business would be better if they could invent some software whereby the hearing aids could be adjusted online.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought hearing aids from Embrace at $2,500 for the set. Compared to others, their cost was real good. It’s a good quality for a reasonable price. Their people were very helpful and answered all my questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided to go with Embrace because of their price, their reviews and their quality. I did everything online and it was fairly simple. I can bypass other companies on the way I feel about these hearing aids. They're good. The Bluetooth part is my favorite. I could play music, talk on the phone hands-free and all that good stuff. I have the over-the-ear ones right now. I'm outside a lot. With the heat we've had around here, the sweat goes on these hearing aids so they get wet and slide out. But they work pretty well. Also, I'm a fireman, so when I'm going inside burning houses, I had to bend down a certain way or go upside down and the hearing aids fall off sometimes. So next time, I want to try the in-the-ear hearing aids.

It's a little difficult to get used to, like hearing all the noises, but the guy forewarned me about that. Having a one-on-one with somebody is good and I have the speech band on it. But these hearing aids pick up the irrelevant noises that I don't need to hear and I'm trying to focus on somebody's conversation that I'm talking to. That's the negative part about these hearing aids. I've tried my friends' hearing aids and theirs is a lot different with the quality and the noise. They don't get that robotic sound. Nevertheless, there has been a big improvement with my hearing. Embrace is good and better than dropping $6,000 which I'm not sure that it's going to work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a lot of confidence in Embrace because of the quality they offer, their price and more importantly, when I called and spoke to individuals, my questions were answered with authority, and other's experience. One time, I'm having trouble with ringing. I've turned up the volume because they weren't working very well when I was in a situation with those background noise and I got a lot of ringing or feedback. The gentleman wasn't available when I called but he called me back quickly and was very helpful. The customer service is better than my previous experience with audiologists and other online providers.

The hearing aid is helpful and it’s giving me more confidence in a clinical situation where I needed to be able to hear people well. I also like that their Ustream works very well. Also, it's reliable, it hooks up well, its Bluetooth is strong, the software is much improved than my previous hearing aids and the batteries seem to last a lot longer with this newer unit. They're much more efficient and the viability and functionality seem to be significantly better. Overall, it's been a cost-effective experience and it produced what I thought I was buying.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I researched online on hearing aids and found Embrace Hearing. Their price was competitive and the quality is good. I got it for my daughter and she is very pleased with it. When we purchased it in May, she needed it pretty quickly. The guys at Embrace Hearing were very accommodating and got it to us within a few days. Their customer service was very helpful. The experience was great and I’m very satisfied with the product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very happy with my hearing aids from Embrace Hearing. Their reps were very helpful and patient. It's well-recommended, a well-made product since it's German-made, and it's less expensive than what the hearing aid companies here were offering. It's also wonderfully inconspicuous and I enjoy it. Now and then, I have difficulty with the microphone. I have called them about it and they called me back. Other than that, I'm hearing things much better now. I have friends who were considering hearing aids and I recommended it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked what I read online about Embrace and the price for the hearing aids was very appealing so I purchased from them. I got them in only a few weeks and the quality is very good. It’s nice to hear better again. I’m very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Better Hearing and their price for hearing aids was $4,400. I thought that was high so, I told them I wanted to think about it, went home and talked to my daughter. My daughter looked around and saw Embrace Hearing online. I called them and I liked what I heard. The guy who helped me was very helpful, informative and he made my decision really easy. So, I got the hearing aids from them, the type that’s behind-the-ear and their cost was so much better. The hearing aids are great and I can hear things I didn’t hear before. I've already told a lot of people about it. Purchasing my hearing aids from Embrace Hearing was the best thing I ever did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was on a website that reviews various hearing aids and Embrace Hearing had a high rating so, decided to check them out. I bought their most expensive model, the enhancement, and an extra $300 per aid on their latest technology. I'm extremely hard of hearing and almost deaf in my left ear and I had gone through several other pairs of hearing aids that were at $6,000 but they were not as good as I thought they were going to be for that much money. But when I got Embrace Hearing hearing aids, I could really hear and all of a sudden, spending the extra money was worth more. They were cheaper than all the other pairs I had but they were better than all of them.

Their team was also great, as any time I've had a question, they get back to me really fast. I've had a question on using the hearing aids before, and recently they've sent me an e-mail to remind me to do some clean-up. However, I think a lot of people would steer away from them because they don't have a person that people can reach to deal with their hearing aids. As for me, at this point, I am confident that I can follow their little videos and do the little clean up myself, which is saving me time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went online and saw a couple of people say Embrace was real good and this was in comments on another hearing aid brand. But I had to wait three months because my insurance wouldn't cover any new hearing aids for that period of time and I wanted them to pay for it. All I had to do was send my hearing test, and they had everything programmed. So, when I got the package and plugged in my hearing aids, there was absolutely nothing I had to do. It was all set. It had four different settings and a remote came with it. They also have a feature that magnifies what is being said and it's just as advertised. I have had absolutely no difficulty.

I've had two previous brands, which I would not recommend to anybody. I even compared the price of the previous brands to what I paid with Embrace and I believe I have better quality and equipment for a much lower price. As a matter fact, I priced one brand at Costco and it even beat the Costco price. I'm loving the hearing aids from Embrace and I'm a happy camper.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing seemed to have a lot of good information on their website. Price was a big concern for me, too. When I called, I got to speak to the same person several times to get information. He spoke English very clearly and I could understand him. He made me feel comfortable with the process. I'm a school teacher and the main reason I got my hearing aids is I can't hear my students a lot of times because they mumble. I'm still not fully adjusted to my hearing aids but they are easy to use. However, we have very noisy heating and cooling systems in our school building so amplifying things kind of amplifies everything. The background noise is a bit problematic still but my hearing is definitely better. I just turn my hearing aids up if I need to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I finally reached the point where I had a hard time listening to a conversation in a big setting, in a party or with lots of people. I got the H-700, which is Embrace Hearing's top of the line product. From my perspective, it seems that there’s only one person in customer service, so if I call, sometimes it takes a while to get a response and it’s going to be that one person. He’s always been very helpful and everything he's done has worked fine for me. Right now, I'm still getting used to my hearing aids. Sending them back took me a long time. But they’re working fine so far and a lot has improved since getting them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a bad hearing loss and one of my ears was a unique situation that is not fixable. But still, the hearing aids work much better than just not wearing them. I’ve tried a different brand of a hearing aid and I wasn't satisfied with them. A friend recommended Embrace Hearing, so I went with that and it turned out okay. Embrace is less expensive than other companies and the product was superior to the other one I tried. Also, they were there if I needed to ask a question. The other company I dealt with didn't care if I bought their products or not and also, they didn't have any answers for any questions I had. So, I just wasn't happy with that.

I'm happy with my H-700 hearing aids. They work well. It has volume control and more than one program available for noisy situations. The product is good, I just wish the batteries lasted longer. But that's partly my fault because you're supposed to leave them, sit for a minute before you put them in your hearing aid. Whenever my hearing aid batteries go out on me, I'm never in a position to do that. But that's not a big issue. Maybe they'll come out with a headgear that picks up sunlight and operates them. I was having some feedback problems because the dome that sits in my ear is not tight enough. I talked to someone at Embrace Hearing and they sent me out a package of a larger size and it worked.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My dad is in his seventies and he was having a hard time, especially in church where there's a crowd. So we thought maybe he needed some hearing aids. He had tried the Starkey brand before but it was uncomfortable. So when I read about Embrace Hearing online, I thought it was a good, discreet and comfortable hearing aid. He is using the medium-sized open dome and he loves them. They worked great, though they had to be adjusted a little bit. Based on his audiogram, the home button setting on his remote was a little too high and a little uncomfortable so he just sent them back to have that reduced. After that, they've been perfect.

He is a doctor and it is perfect even when he uses his stethoscope with them, or when he uses his phone, he's in the church, or he's in meetings. So he is very happy with them. I definitely recommend it. I also have lots of people in Nairobi, Kenya who are so interested in it but they do not have it there.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Once, a local hearing aid shop here had a free trial, so I went there and had a hearing test. Then I tried their hearing aids for a month for free and I saw that there was a huge difference, but they were like $6,000. So I went online to see what else I could find, and Embrace had basically the same quality for under $2,000. That’s a third of the price. I also had another pair of hearings aids before but they weren't effective anymore. So now with the Embrace hearing aids, I hear a whole lot better. They're comfortable too, and I like them. I really like dealing with the people at Embrace as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided that I was going to do a little research and look for hearing aids that had positive feedback after I tried on a set from the ear and eye hospital and was not satisfied. I found quite a bit of positive feedback for Embrace Hearing and they also beat the price of what I had previously tried. They were much more reasonable for what I could afford and very comfortable. Sometimes I have a little itching in one ear but I don’t think it's the hearing aid itself. The remote feature is my favorite. I can control a little bit of the outside sound and some of the sounds that I don’t need. I can also lower and raise it with that feature.

The only negative that I have is that my ears get a lot of wax in them and I'm having a difficult time keeping them clean. Also, it seems like there's a process of taking those apart and putting them back together that we had to do on one occasion because it stopped working and I'm not sure I can do it again. The next time I got to do it, I may have to call and have someone run me through it because it seemed like it was a little complicated. They back them up for two years.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In all the places my husband first went to, the regular price of the hearing aid for him would be $8000 for each ear. So, we decided we were going to do some investigating to see if we could manage to not have to pay that much but we really wanted quality too. Ultimately, our finances was the deciding factor why we went with Embrace Hearing and I don’t know why other places charge that much anyway. I went online and got the H-300 for my husband. It goes in the canal and then it has a little clear thing that comes out and goes behind the ear.

We had to send it back to have the church program taken off and the wind program put on, and their representatives answered the phone right away and took care of us. Afterwards, they helped us with all the insurance papers. The insurance paid $2000 for the hearing aid and it’s been great. The hearing aids have the remote and my husband uses his phone to reprogram it when he needs to, which is easy to do. If we’re in the winds, he changes it to wind. When we’re at a restaurant, he just puts on the restaurant. It’s been nice and the restaurant and auto features have also been very useful. We’re really happy with the hearing aids.

When he takes the hearing aids off at night, he said it’s like he could sense the silent world. Then he puts it on in the morning and he can hear. It's impacted not just his but my quality of life too. We couldn't have gotten a better pair. We’re thankful that we found Embrace Hearing and that they were all that we hoped to get with a hearing aid company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had an audiology exam and the cost of what I wanted from an audiologist was way more than what I could afford. When I talked to the audiologist, I asked her point-blank, “Why shouldn’t I just get online and purchase these online?” And she lied to me saying it’s illegal. I researched and found out it’s not illegal as of 2011. I had no feeling of loyalty towards her at that point. I then found Embrace online and called them. I was impressed with the guy I was talking to. They went with me on the phone, really knowledgeable. They took the reports that the audiologist sent them and saved me a ton of money. I paid 2,900 for two versus the normal that’s 7,000, which was no way. I had the hearing aids in two days mailed from New Jersey. So you can’t hardly beat that.

I’ve been real happy with the hearing aids. They’ll never be your original ears but these are as good as you could get. They’re of quality. They certainly enhanced the high pitches, which is what I needed. My ears just tend to itch anyhow but like with a pair of glasses, you adjust. Anybody that purchases these through an audiologist is crazy. Embrace Hearing is a great company. The people were good and very helpful too. They’re top-notch, and I’m very impressed. I would recommend them highly to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My family has been telling me for a long time that my hearing was terrible and I was in denial. I'm only 45 and normally hearing aid wearers were usually up in my dad's age and that's about 70 something. It's a vanity. I consulted with a local hearing company here in town. The audiologist did a hearing test which used my wife’s voice and I failed miserably. He then put something in my ears and it was exactly the ones from Embrace Hearing and there's not much different from any other manufacturers based on the look. My father wears it too and I'm like, “Wow.”

It's very expensive, but Embrace Hearing was way less than the competitors in my town that I live in. I hate to buy something solely on price because a lot of times I'd get what I pay for, but I took the chance as I never knew any different. The ConsumerAffairs reviews helped me make a decision too. I purchased the H-700 and then I had to go back to the website to find out more information.

Since I've had it the quality of life has improved dramatically and my family is really stoked that I can hear better now. I like that I can talk via the Bluetooth remote. It's really nice to be hands-free and have the phone in both ears. Their customer service is also impeccable. I called and told Tim, the salesman I dealt with, that one of my hearing aids wasn’t working. It was only three weeks old and I asked him what's going on. He said that I got wax buildup on my aid and I need to do things. I told him that I'm gonna be in Miami for a week and I have no way to do it. He said that he'll have the materials that I needed at the hotel waiting for me when I go there. It sounded like that’s the norm for them and I've been very pleased.

It's great, but sometimes it could be a little annoying. The birds are really loud and when I walk outside, I was like, “Can you please shut up?” The remote control is very nice in that regards and I can turn the volume down. It's superb and a good company. I've already referred them at least two times to people that asked me about my hearing aids.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for new hearing aids then my wife went online and saw Embrace Hearing. I got the Behind-The-Ear type, it's comfortable and not that visible. There was an issue with setting up the Bluetooth for the TV and I spoke with the customer service twice. Then I have never set it up to my phone yet as I hear well with it. I get a few screeches every now and then, they have it turned up as loud as it could possibly be as my hearing is very bad. So everything seems to be working fairly well on that thing.

I'm pleased with it. However, I am still old tech and it's a new thing so I've yet to change the plugs at the end that go into the ear. That was a little perplexing because most people who need this thing are elderly, and this kind of stuff is confusing to us. It's like everything else Germany makes is over-engineered. If they could make it simpler for us older people. But there is a thing online to show me how to do it, so that'll be fine when I finally do that. The hearing aid was not overpriced as well. I got it to work and it does what it's supposed to do. It's nice because I was out in the backyard the other day and I was smiling. My wife asked why I was like that and I told her that I can hear the birds, and I haven't heard them for long.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The H-700 that I bought from Embrace Hearing has improved my hearing. It’s a great product for the price. The customer service has been very positive. They’ve been able to answer immediately every issue I’ve had and helped me take care of the problem. So, I'm very pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

An old friend of mine who doesn't live near me was in the area so he and his wife met us for dinner and we were talking about hearing aids. I didn't even know he was wearing a pair because it's so difficult to detect and so it wasn't even on my mind. I wasn't even gonna mention that I'm gonna go for the hearing aids but the subject came up. He said he's wearing hearing aids and I said I've been looking at them because I think I will be doing it too.

He took them off and told me to try them. And of course, no two ears are the same and they could be very different. But I know he has a very good friend back home where he lives who’s an audiologist. They're highly respected and has a very good practice. He's probably in his 70s though so I don't know how active he is but I know he's a very bright guy. I've had a few meetings with him over the years. He said he got us through someone who picked the best ones he could use. Apparently, he gave him a good price but it was still quite a few thousand dollars and so he thought he got the best. At that time, I may not ever thought of putting a hearing aid from anyone yet and I still argue with my wife that I don't need it.

I put these things in my ears knowing that his spectrum is a little different than mine. We were sitting in the restaurant and suddenly there was such a roar of sound, not that it was loud, but the spectrum that I've never heard before. There were people at the next table, mostly women, and all their conversation would come in across. There were other things I was hearing that I've never heard before. That's what really made my mind up and I really got involved with this. It really opened that same universe for me. There were so many sources around the private hearing aid places and there were so many things going round. I went on the internet and read some articles and Embrace stood out. They had high ratings, the price was very reasonable and since it had a 45-day period to try them, I felt it was pretty safe. I've also read some of the reviews so I went with them.

The interface online was good and I'd put my name in at that point. It was an introduction of their products and the details on how to use them was more important to me so that part was good and it was a good website. There were several calls made and a lot of mails received so it had to be two people who got back to me, each on a different occasion. It was very good and user-friendly and they were very patient. I was certainly sold on that and all I needed was to buy the hearing aid that I chose. I got it and it hasn’t let me down. Also, I've had a few conversations over these past few months and the person I speak is very good. I get an immediate response and some suggestions. I've never had any problem with any question that I may have had.

I purchased the middle range and I don't wear them that often. For most of the things I do in my home or at a meeting where we're seated around the table talking and the voices are loud, not wearing it is just as good as wearing it. If I'm watching television here at my home, I don't really have any trouble hearing things. Sometimes, I wear it at a restaurant and there are some noises but it really doesn't help and doesn't clarify all the problems.

But I find that when I wear them, I hear all sorts of noises that I never heard before. For example, apparently, my right ankle clicks as I walk. Also, we had certain bells or things that go off like when there's something in the oven and it reaches the cooking period that was set, it bongs and this was a totally different sound. I didn't know what the heck that noise was and my wife said it's the oven. I'm hearing greater bandwidth than I was used to and I figured that it definitely improves the spectrum that I can hear and that's a plus. But what I like the most about it is the remote control. It gives me the ability to change its characteristics a bit to what I want.

But one time, I was at a restaurant with a party of people and there's a lot of conversations going on. I could probably tune in better to what I wanted to hear so that was good. It was a crowd, I knew a lot of other people and the guy next to me whispered something in my ear so it was a like a conversation. He said something and I noticed that I had to ask him to repeat it. He was talking to one ear and I was wondering whether he's talking directly into my ear. He didn't realize I had a hearing aid and maybe you have to be at least an arm's length away so that they both take in and do what they need to do and do a better job. I wasn't sure whether that's known to present a problem when someone whispers or speaks in your ear and is really focused on that ear. That's a very special case.

Another thing is, sometimes when my oven bell or maybe other things go off, there used to be a clear bell. Maybe not quite the spectrum that I hear now but it comes through almost like there's a time delay between one ear and the other. The sound probably gets clearer in each ear but there seems to be a slight time delay and it's a little fuzzy and different. It's a dual sound and maybe that's why I didn't recognize the sound.

Also, sometimes I feel that the hearing input is coming from one side rather than the other. I've gone as far as changing the little rubber fitting that fits over the hearing aid, the part that goes in the ear and also there's a little plastic thing that you can interchange and it's cleared that up so I guess that may have been a wax problem. Maybe in my process of looking into it, I clean up the wax. But other times just doing that doesn’t really change anything. Then, on one hearing aid, sometimes there's a static even if I just changed the battery, and then it clears up.

A friend of mine used Costco and was urging me to use them. Before, I figured I would but then I came across Embrace. I meet that particular fellow for lunch once a week. He's my best friend from so many years. When you wear these things, they're very hard to detect from others. It fits right in, it's behind the ear and it's that little transparent connection to the actual ear so no one ever notices. At times, I've asked him if he's wearing his hearing aid and sometimes, I think he doesn't hear the conversation that well.

Recently he said he's wearing one and I asked why. He said his hearing aids are very close to his ear and that one of his hearing aids was making some strange sounds and reported it to Costco. They took the particular one that was having a problem back, they pointed the problem then and there, replacing whatever had to be replaced and he's waiting for that to be returned. I figured maybe that buzzing I sometimes hear that also goes away in that one ear in particular, might be something that is gonna build up to a problem but I'm sure they would probably accept it and repair. But in his case, he has a three-year warranty and I only have a one-year so if I have this problem, it may not be readily resolvable in the best way.

I never really thought I needed a hearing aid. I'm at a retired, adult community. I'm 78 and I have a lot of people who are in their 60s to 80s and there's a few who really don't have hearing aids or they have something that's not adequate. You have to repeat things a lot for them. The only person who has trouble with me is my wife. If I don't hear exactly what she says and I tell her that, she gets very mad at me and asks if I'm wearing my hearing aids. Sometimes I'm not and sometimes I am but even when I am, she is very critical of me if I don't hear exactly what she said.

I'm usually either reading or watching something on TV. I'm a political junkie so I'm very absorbed in something. She'll say something to me, I'll ask what she said and she assumes it's because my hearing is bad. Whether I'm wearing my hearing aid or not, we still have the same problem. I could see the improvement but I don't know if I really needed it as dramatically as she was sure I did. It doesn't really cure the problems that my wife was looking for it to cure for me. She probably has a little bit of a hearing problem herself but it doesn't ruin a marriage at all. I'm glad I have them and when I use them, I think they're helping. I'm not disappointed with my choice.

My son-in-law's mother is about in her 80s and she's having hearing problems. I told him all about Embrace despite the fact that to me, it doesn't make that much of a difference. I gave them the information and the website to look at it on the computer because I find it to be doing exactly what it has to do. I said to my son-in-law that his mother should call the company and she should try it. If in 45 days and it makes a difference, it's worth considering. A lot of us who are losing our hearing to varying degrees seem to manage adequately, otherwise, we would've dealt with it much sooner. She lives with her daughter and I suspect that she doesn't have a hearing problem in her home but she must have found some limitations. He said he's not sure she's ready to invest in that but that he would pass that on to her.

If anyone asks me, I'll tell them about my hearing aid and that I felt the service over the phone was great, the warranty was fine and the price was quite fair. I know people who spend $5,000 to $6,000 on a set. They may have more bells and whistles like the bluetooth and things of that nature but basically, what I and most people need is not necessarily the bells and whistles but a good, reliable hearing aid. These people have spent a lot of money but have some of the same problems they had like their husband or wife still is annoyed with them for whatever reason. But I was satisfied with Embrace.

Embrace Hearing Company Profile