Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I found out that I needed to get hearing aids, I knew that they were gonna cost $6,000. I got on the internet and I stumbled across Embrace Hearing. I sent off for a set of them about three years ago and they came back and were the most perfect things I'd ever had. I didn't realize that I couldn't hear as bad as I couldn't hear. And the devices worked perfectly. The first that I got were perfect. But I had a lot of trouble with the second set that I got. I had to send them back and have them re-tweak it. They still didn't work right when Embrace sent them back but we figured out what was wrong. The wax guard inside was plugged up. Before I sent them back the second time, I was looking through the literature and I thought I'll replace the wax guards and see what that does. And now all of the sudden they worked perfectly. Now I am over satisfied.

The customer service of Embrace Hearing is really good. They'll do whatever they can to make the product correct. The rep that I talked to even said he was gonna put a note on his computer to make sure that from now on that's the very first thing they'll say when somebody calls and says their devices aren't working. There's also a multimedia remote that I can get with the hearing aid and hooks them into my iPad and iPhone and that's really a plus device. I listen to audio books off my phone and they're typed right into my hearing aid. It's like having my own set of stereo headphones.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife was cruising around on the internet and we were looking at reviews on different hearing aids, and the reviews of Embrace Hearing were good and came up really high. Moreover, their price was lower than that of other brands. I got the 700 model and a bluetooth from Embrace and they worked at making everything worthwhile at a reasonable rate. We were looking at other places whose hearing aid costs from $4300 to over $6000 and I got my mine discounted by a couple of hundred bucks because I bought the full package. I got it all for about $2500. The bluetooth is a convenience but it appears to run my battery down a little quicker when I use it, and that makes sense because it's just an additional power source that's being used.

The service has been good. In fact, I just communicated with the rep, Tim, yesterday. The reps have responded well when I've had questions or needs, which has been mainly because I have ears with very small canals. They're so small that I wear a small dome that's meant for children and I have to cut it down in one ear. My hearing aids has improved my ability to hear. The only concern I had at first was that Embrace doesn't have an office to go to, so I can personally interact and have my system examined or reprogrammed. They reprogrammed my system once because of the situation that I have and the programming they did works fairly well. I can't expect a lot in the situation that I have. But other than that, my hearing aid works fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Going with Embrace Hearing was a good experience. However, my left ear pings all the time for some odd reason and I haven’t had a chance to call in yet to find out what causes that. I've been flying a lot, but when I wear my hearing aid it starts okay and then it seems to adjust then starts pinging. My problem is when I sit in a meeting, some people mumble and I have a hard time hearing no matter what I do. Other than that, my right side works good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was being quoted very high prices by local audiologists. I realized that I was gonna have to purchase these hearing aids every four or five years. So, it was going to represent a significant expense. And so, I decided to research this online and found Embrace Hearing and read very positive reviews. I then got the premium hearing aids from them. However, I had an issue at the very beginning and I wound up speaking for about 45 minutes with one of their representatives. I was very impressed. Tim was his name and he was an extremely effective communicator. I had to send the hearing aids back for adjustment and they did so very easily. Everything was perfect.

Since having the hearing aids, the people around me don’t have to speak quite as loudly. The hearing aids are very comfortable and in fact, I even forget that they’re in. And after the adjustment, everything is working perfectly. I’m still adjusting on my left ear as I just changed it yesterday, but those are just minor adjustments. I highly recommend Embrace Hearing not only because of the quality of its product but particularly because of the quality of their service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since having Embrace hearing aids, I can hear people behind me and differentiate where the sound is coming from. Overall, it's amazing to me. The technical help is great and I love it. I definitely recommend Embrace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very good response from Embrace Hearing. Tim, the sales person, seems to know a lot about hearing aids and he was responsive so I decided to go with them. Also, they were able to order over the internet. My wife seems to think I don't ask her to repeat things very often and that was the main reason for getting the hearing aids. Life is a lot better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the endorsements that Embrace Hearing had so I researched them on the internet then decided to get my hearing aid from them. The cost and the quality of their aids are good too. However, I had to send the remote back one time. But they were able to sell me another one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have Miracle-Ear and they're really costly. They were quoting me new hearing aids for more than twice the price. I like Embrace Hearing's price and they have very good reviews which was impressive. So, I went with them. So far, I've been very happy with them. I still got some technical issues I needed to work out, but I find them responsive. I really like their hearing aids. They helped me a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Reviews online showed that Embrace Hearing products have better quality than some of the other places that we looked at. I had tried hearing aid two years ago from a place and it was very crappy and I wasn't satisfied. Then I got H-300 from Embrace Hearing. It's nice and small, fits nicely, and doesn't really get noticed. Customer service was really good and helpful when ordering for the first time. Even the speed of shipping was good. It's been an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Embrace Hearing online and the reviews are good. I tried looking into the other hearing aids, went to an office and talked to somebody. They were much more expensive, like three times the cost. I got my hearing aid from Embrace Hearing and their team was good as well as the product. My hearing is not perfect, it still has some trouble in restaurants but it is better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched in the internet and had multiple providers to choose from but what got me on Embrace Hearing were the reviews that I had read and the ease of their site, which I liked. Then I called and spoke with somebody and that conversation seemed to answer all my questions. It was rather easy, the cost was reasonable and I liked the technology that I was reading about. A few weeks in, I sensed that something wasn't right but they helped me to stay the course and wait until the automatic adjustment period was over. Now that I'm past that, we're fine. It was more about me getting used to the whole thing. I have recommended Embrace Hearing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace had a 60-day trial and they were rated high and have a lot of good reviews. So we decided, "Well, what the heck, try it and if they didn't work then send them back." It turned out that they worked out better than the ones that I've seen double the price on. My mother is 89 and she hears better with them. The hearing aids she had before weren't doing a good job. We had actually bought another set from my ear doctor that we compared Embrace to. She couldn't figure out where the battery is and the battery only lasted about three days. We paid five grand for a pair and we ended up taking those back. With Embrace Hearing, she can find the battery and they last for a week. So far, so good.

Embrace Hearing

Hello Thomas - We were sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with your LEFT ear. We will contact you today to get this corrected.

Embrace Hearing

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I was reading things online and buying the hearing aids from retail was twice as much money so I went with Embrace Hearing. I got the one that got the piece that's behind your ear and then the little tube comes around and the thing goes into your ear canal. I noticed a little bit of difference. But I have a very difficult time getting it in my right ear and keeping it in there. I think the problem is the shape of my ear canal on my right side. I have to wiggle it around. By the time I do that, it gets cockeyed and when I wear them regularly, my right ear starts getting sore and tender inside even after changing out the tips. Sometimes, when it does stay in there, it's uncomfortable. But the left ear works fine.

Hi Don

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to post a review at Consumer Affairs. We greatly appreciate this.

Regarding the feedback you have mentioned, properly fitted high performance hearing aids will never have feedback so we think there might be an issue with fit on you LEFT ear. We have a number of suggestions to resolve this (and we will get it resolved). We will call you Monday to discuss them.

Best regards

embrace hearing

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

When I decided to get hearing aids, I did a lot of research and everything I was looking at was $5,000-$10,000, which was insane. I came to the conclusion that Embrace's product was as good as anybody else's and about half the money for the premium. Based on that and the conversations I had with the rep, I decided that Embrace was the way I was going to go.

The TV wars with my wife and being in a noisy situation, I was missing out on a lot of conversation with people 'cause of all the background noise. The hearing aids helped out a lot. It's less stressful because I'm not always saying "Excuse me, could you repeat that?" I also spend a lot of time in hotel rooms 'cause I travel extensively. I've had a guy come knock on the door and said my TV was too loud. But that is gone. I still have the TV a little louder than normal but it's much better now than what it used to be.

However, I seem to get more feedback on my left ear. Sometimes in the evening it will be really bad. What I did was I took the little rubber cone on the speaker and switched it out from the one with all holes around it to one that has hardly any holes. It seems to have helped but it's weird because when I close them and put them in my ear, the right one sounds louder than the left one. Right now, it's fine. If I take the remote and turn the hearing aids down two notches, that seems to eliminate a lot of the problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought Embrace Hearing for my mom and dad. I like the quality and the advanced features of the particular stuff that we bought. It has made a huge difference to my dad and my mom's hearing is better, but she had one previously. Nevertheless, it's improved her hearing a little bit but not significantly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a pair of hearing aids and a Bluetooth remote from Embrace Hearing. They work great and I'm pleased with the product and service that I've gotten from them. Price-wise they were wonderful because it's about half of the ones that I had quoted to me locally and the product is almost exactly the same. I bought two of them for the price of one so I'm extremely happy with them. I accidentally washed my remote one day and they contacted me right off the bat and told me what I needed. They were Johnny on the spot and I send them right out to them and they sent them right back. It took me no time at all to get them and that was at Christmas time, and I was excited that it went so easily. Now I can hear my grandchildren which was a problem before. I only wish they were local, but overall I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the quality of Embrace Hearing's hearing aid and what the reviews and people have said about it. The cost was a little bit more but I was willing to pay for a better product. I called their customer service team once about the back feed of the hearing aid and the interactions went great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing seemed to have a good reputation so I went with them. The cost was a big factor as well. I purchased my xMini hearing aids from them. I've been wearing hearing aids for many years, but it was the first time I've purchased them online. I'm not longer wearing the xMini, though. I'm wearing the newer model. The xMini could not be repaired even though it was within the warranty period. So, Embrace gave me the newer model hearing aids that they're selling now, which I was very grateful for. Embrace's audiologists are top-notch and their customer service has been really outstanding, and I've recommended them to other people that I know.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband got a great hearing loss. It was hard for him to hear and the hearing aids from Embrace Hearing helps him communicate better, deal with people, and even watch TV. We're in a small rural town in Northern California and Embrace didn't have anything local here. But my husband still went with them even though there were other options available, and they've been very helpful and nice to deal with. They were always there for him if he needs them and it's nice that they get back to him online. We'd definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Model 300 hearing aid from Embrace Hearing seemed to be the reasonable choice. It was less expensive and was comparable with the qualities of the products of the various makers, or even better than the others. I had to send the hearing aids in for adjustments not too long ago and just recently got them back. They seem to work well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a hearing aid that I didn't want to pay the full audiologist fees. And I didn't want to get one that was shipped from a warehouse or I couldn't have somebody program it and help me if I needed help. Embrace seemed a good fit for being able to get a reasonable price, but also have it programmed. And then, I've read all the reviews online. They always talk about good customer service, so I took a chance.

The quality of Embrace is as good as the ones I had before. My only issue is it's sloppy on my ear and I had them shorten the wire or they taught me how to do it. It might be because I got a bigger one with a volume 'cause I wanted the volume control. If I take my glasses on and off, it comes off pretty easily. But other than that, the sound quality is fine. Their rep also always follows up and responds.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing is excellent and everything has been positive so far. This is the sixth time I have tried to switch from analog hearing aids to digital and this is the first time I've been successful. Their customer service is excellent. They're very prompt in responding. I would recommend them easily. In fact, the reason I tried them was because of the reviews and what the people say is true. I have a very severe hearing loss and I'm not easy to fit. I have to have the high-end ones everywhere I go and I've worn them for about 30 years now because I got them very young and it's hard to switch from an analog hearing aids because the sounds are so different, but they were switched successfully and I can hardly tell the difference.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the number 7 from Embrace Hearing. It's the top of the line. They had all the features I was looking for at the best price. I was satisfied with my interactions with their sales team and so far, I'm doing fine with it.

To other buyers. Embrace Hearing gets 10 out of 10 from me. I dealt mainly with Tim... who returned every email with detailed explanations on all my questions. Very knowledgeable with the products they sell, and the price outstanding. I would highly recommend this company to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing had good reviews and I couldn’t find any negative about it. Their sales team was great. They responded to my email inquiries and they were friendly and nice. I got the 700 model, the latest and greatest. It's a nice thing and it made my life more comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'd had Costco's hearing aids for about five years. Their price was about the same or maybe a little more than they were before but my wife said that it's cheap. Embrace's hearing aids are less expensive and way better, but that has a lot to do with the fact that technology was five years newer and in today's world, a long time. Their people were very helpful, especially one of the people back east. The hardest part was I had to go to an audiologist to get a hearing test and the way the government has it set up. That was a pain in the neck because you can't just go to an audiologist to get a referral from a regular MD. If I paid for it myself, it wouldn't have been a problem, but because I was applying the cost of the test to the deductible I had to get a referral from an MD.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I chose Embrace Hearing after doing my own investigation. I've been reading reviews from other readers and speaking with people on the company. The cost and quality of their hearing aids are very good compared to other companies. I called them a couple of times about one or two things and they were taken care of right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked Embrace Hearing ratings and cost. I'm an electrical engineer, so I have a real good idea how much it costs to manufacture a product like theirs. Their sales team was very helpful. Everything was exactly as promised and delivered, there were no unrealized expectations, and I have absolutely no complaints.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Miracle-Ear which was $5,800 a number of years ago. I went with Miracle-Ear's behind-the-ear that has a little tube that runs into the ear but I had to turn them back in for five or six times because they would quit working. There wasn't a problem with Miracle-Ear but I have sweaty ear channels and the moisture would short them out. So I had to send them back, and they’d repair, and they’d send them back. But they had them about half the time for the first year that I owned them. I wasn’t particularly fond of those so I checked on several different people because I wanted to try something a little different. I was also looking for hearing aids with a remote and Wi-Fi. Embrace Hearing is the one that had the most features that I wanted with the most reasonable price and with the best quality. More so, it was for $2,400.

Working with the Embrace Hearing team and was excellent. I talked to a couple of different people, the audiologist and the salesman, who were extremely helpful to me. I had some little problems but they bend over backward and do whatever I want to do to get it right. I have a problem with neuropathy so I wanted to send them back in the first place. I can't feel the damn thing with my fingers and so I have a little trouble getting it in my ears. They made suggestions on how to correct that problem by getting a little mold built for my ear. They did not do it but they directed me to somebody who could. I went and did that and now I can at least get the hearing aids into my ear and they work great. We got it all worked out perfectly. I had a 45-day fee trial which was extended and we tried for a couple of weeks. They do such a good job that I'm suspicious if they're doing it for my benefit. Still, I can't say enough good things about them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's my second time to buy from Embrace Hearing and they deliver and build a quality product and service. Recently, I got the H-700 Embrace hearing aid from them and the product is very consistent. I've dealt with Tim and I was completely satisfied with him.

Embrace Hearing Company Profile