2. Elder Care

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.63/5
Learn More

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business (based in the USA with shipping worldwide), they are able to deliver the latest hearing aid technology starting at $799/ear. All of their hearing aids are custom programmed by their Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test. Simply call them or send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing, and their experienced team will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Select from models offering rechargeability, direct phone and TV streaming and invisible-in-the-canal styles. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free trial period (guaranteed satisfaction or 100% of your money back), free shipping, a full 3-year manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited phone and email support for as long as you own the aids.

BOTTOM LINE

Embrace Hearing offers behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal hearing aids in multiple performance levels and colors. The company is online only and has fair, transparent pricing, 2- or 3-year warranties and friendly customer service.

PROS

• 45-day free trial
  • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
  • Custom audiology programming

CONS

• Online only

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews We Found

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite feature is the service, which is always courteous ... I'm very impressed with that.

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are.

Embrace Hearing Call Now Toll Free (844) 832-5401 Learn More Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace offers three hearing aid models. All Embrace models come with the ability to detect your environment and automatically adjust for it. Tinnitus management software is available on all models.

• The X-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model pairs directly to iPhone or Android smartphones for hands-free phone calls. Tinnitus programming is included on request. The X-Series is available in two performance levels (X-520 and X-920). Both levels come in rechargeable or 312 battery models. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.
  • The A-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. These simple and comfortable hearing aids are controlled by buttons or handheld remote The A-Series is available in three performance levels: A-410, A-710 and A-920R. The A-920 is rechargeable. Prices start at $599 with a two-year warranty.
  • The C-Series is an invisible-in-canal (IIC) model suitable for mild to severe hearing loss. This model fits entirely into your ear canal, which makes it almost invisible. The hearing aid volume can be controlled by a free smartphone app or an optional remote. CROS and tinnitus programming is included on request. The C-Series is available in two performance levels: C-660 and C-860. Prices start at $949 with a three-year warranty.
 X-SeriesA-SeriesC-Series
TypeBehind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Behind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Invisible-in-canal (CIC)
Hearing loss levelMild to profoundMild to profoundMild to severe
BluetoothIncluded (no remote required)With optional remoteNot available
PowerTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional battery
Tinnitus managerYesYesYes
Warranty3 years2 years3 years
PriceFrom $899/earFrom $599/earFrom $949/ear

Embrace Hearing prices

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids. Costs range from $1,198 to $2,598 per pair. Models are available in rechargeable and Bluetooth versions. Financing is available. Every hearing aid purchased comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards, domes and unlimited customer care for the life of the hearing aid. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

Price per pairFinancing cost
A-410$1,198$78/mo
A-710$1,798$117/mo
A-920R$2,198$143/mo
X-520$1,798$117/mo
X-920$2,398$156/mo
C-660$1,898$124/mo
C-860$2,498$163/mo

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. Embrace Hearing requires a customer to have a hearing test in order to program the hearing aids. You can send recent tests for a recommendation or have a new one done locally or online at the Embrace Hearing website.
  2. You can then reach out to Embrace. If you’re not sure which hearing aid to buy, you can consult with the Embrace audiology team. They look over your hearing test, ask you a few questions and make a recommendation.
  3. Once you purchase your hearing aid, it takes five to eight days to arrive. All adjustments are free of charge (including shipping) for the entire warranty period.

Embrace has a 45-day return policy if you aren’t satisfied with your hearing aid.

Embrace Q&A

Will my insurance cover Embrace hearing aids?
It's best to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative to understand your benefits. Embrace Hearing can help complete forms your insurance company provides in order for you to get your reimbursement.
Is there any charge if I return my hearing aids during the 45-day trial period?
No. Embrace will refund 100% of what you paid — no programming or re-stocking fees.
Are Embrace hearing aids custom programmed?
Yes. Embrace’s audiology team uses the results of your hearing test to program the hearing aids to match your personal level of hearing loss.
Do Embrace hearing aids help with tinnitus?
Yes. Embrace hearing aids can be equipped with a tinnitus manager white noise soundtrack you can turn on or off as required. In addition, since the X-Series connects directly to your phone, you can stream any preferred tinnitus apps directly to your hearing aids.
How long is the Embrace hearing aid warranty?
The X-Series and C-Series have a three-year warranty. The A- Series has a two-year warranty.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids for anyone who is looking to upgrade their current device. The company's website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about its products. The company also provides upfront pricing — you won't be surprised by your final cost. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a strong choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I've had hearing aids in the past and the ones I've had in my head weren’t working very well, and the company went out of business, so they couldn’t help me anymore. So, I went to an audiologist there and I found a local doctor here that I've been seeing several times, but it was $7,500 for hearing aids. I couldn’t afford them and the insurance didn’t pay for then, so I had to work around some stuff. I saw Embrace online through a Facebook ad and sent them my report. They said they could help me and then, cost was a factor as well when we decided on them.

The customer service with Embrace was great but I had to send the hearing aids back three times. The first time I sent it back, they didn’t correct the problem. So, I had to send them back again and they had to fix it. Then they had to send them back to Embrace to reprogram. The two times I sent it back, it got sent back to the original manufacturer for a problem and when I did, they FedEx-ed everything so it was a one day process. When I dealt with Embrace and had to come back from there, it went to US Postal Service and it took several days. So, they need to consider the fact that you’re out of hearing aids for several days. If you do next day, it’s better. The hearing aids have been in the mail longer than I’ve had them in my head but I’m not complaining about the customer service because they’ve been in contact with me every step of the way.

Right now, I’m trying to get used to hearing sounds again and my left ear is worse than my right ear. I have tinnitus where I have ringing in my ear, so they were dealing with that and we’ve been adjusting the volume up on my left ear, which is why I have them now. So, I’ve been wearing them probably about a week now since I got them back and so far, they seem to be good. I'm hoping they got it squared away.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I knew I was one to get a hearing aid so I did a fairly detailed review of all the over-the-counter hearing aid companies. I basically looked at the things that I wanted taken care of with the hearing aid. I wanted to make sure there was digital signal processing, noise cancellation, tinnitus, programming, Bluetooth and a bunch of other things. I found that the S-710 model was at par with a lot of the very high-end hearing aids that are worth thousands more and it had all the features I was looking for. Then I saw that the consumer satisfaction was very high with Embrace. The price was a little more than I wanted to pay but I managed to get them on the Christmas special with 15% off and that seemed pretty reasonable.

I was wanting to get the hearing aids during the 15% off but I ran into problems getting a hearing test scheduled and then getting the results of the hearing test. It took me about a month to get the hearing test to Embrace. But they were very patient. Afterwards, I had a question on getting the Bluetooth to work and Tim, the customer service rep, took me through that. It was on a Saturday too. So all in all, I’ve been very satisfied with customer service. They basically filled me with kindness.

I wear the hearing aids everyday for most of the waking hours and I’m very pleased. I really like the way that the Bluetooth works with my mobile phone. I only have to press one button and I get to talk on the phone and the reception is very clear. It’s great. I also bought the TV plug-in thing and what I figured out, which wasn’t advertised, is that I can plug that into my computer and listen to my computer without the need for headphones or a speaker. I’ve been listening to music on that and that is really great. But I’d really like to be able to do that on my phone too.

If I could listen, streaming music, from my phone via Bluetooth, that would be pretty cool. The way it is set up though is the app allows you to control the settings via Bluetooth but the only Bluetooth that works with sound in your ear is when you get a phone call. I also listen to audiobooks and I tried listening to an audiobook directly from my phone but I couldn’t do it. Nonetheless, I love my Embrace hearing aids.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I have hearing loss all the way across especially in higher frequencies and I was looking for some hearing aids that cut down the noise of distractions. It was distracting to hear so much sound from refrigerators, our furnace, the wind and all kinds of things so I got to where I didn’t wear the first hearing aids that I got. I tried some other ones and they increased hearing all across the board, but they weren’t suited for the kind of hearing that I needed. I didn’t wear hearing aids for quite a while which didn’t help with my wife. So I got online and I started searching for hearing aids that would not pick up background sound quite so much and I decided on buying from Embrace.

The customer service is good and they've tried to deal with everything I've raised as best they could. I just about called them the other day because I have a connection that I like for both my computer and my TV which works most of the time, but sometimes it doesn’t. But if you wait a little while, they’ll work. It hooks straight to my hearing aid, so that I can listen to my computer or the TV and my wife doesn’t hear it. I came to the computer and it wasn’t working. I tried several times. I tried to call them, but their line was busy. Then I put my hand up my ear and I didn't have my hearing aids in so that was why it wasn’t working.

I like the hearing aids and I have been putting them in in the morning and taking them out at night. I got the best that they sold and the big thing is, I don’t pick up the background noise so much. It’s not perfect yet but it’s so much better than my other ones. I’m happy with them as well as my wife, which is a big thing. It’s not that we always hear each other but it’s not just a continual problem anymore either. These hearing aids from Embrace are working for me. To get the quality of hearing aid that I have would cost me more than double if I went in a normal way. Embrace is making a lot of progress in hearing aids so I don’t have a problem with them. My brother has hearing problems that are worse than I do and he doesn’t wear hearing aids. I kinda wanted him to try some of mine and see how he likes them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I lost all my hearing in my left ear 40 years ago when I was in Vietnam, and my auditory nerve is severed. Any repairing or amplifying we did in my left ear would not be able to get to my brain. My right ear has been fine until about six months ago, and I had a sudden, moderate to severe hearing loss in my right ear, which was quite upsetting. It happened while I was talking on the phone to somebody. It didn't happen gradually, it happened all at once. I’ve gone to two otolaryngologists. They said I’m 78 years old, and it happens with age. I’m still skeptical of the medical professionals’ explanation. We tried a couple things to try to treat it, and neither of them had any effect at all.

I’ve known a lot of people who purchased hearing aids in the last two years. Within six months, every one of them decided not to use the hearing aids any more for a variety of reasons like dealing with feedback and echoes. I was considering not buying a hearing aid but I finally decided. I do a lot of public speaking and a lot of leading of groups and so forth, and I need to be able to hear. I did some investigating on the web, and I contacted three different companies. The man I talked to at Embrace was incredible. I was also leaning towards trying to buy a device from someone in Baltimore where I live so that they could physically look at it and adjust it, and show me how to do things to it.

This fellow had really good answers for why things would work better with Embrace because they have videotapes. They also have people on call, and they don't have to wait three or four weeks for an appointment to watch those videotapes. It was that man’s pleasant intelligence and conscientiousness that led me to make the decision. I was also very interested in the thing that they call a TV connector, and I definitely wanted one of those. I like it because I don't have to turn on the subtitle or the closed captions anymore. I can understand what people are saying. I don't like everything they're saying on the news these days, but I understand it. I also discovered when I read the literature that came with that device a little more that it can also work with my computer.

About three hours ago, I did a webinar online for a bunch of people. I had had difficulty doing that lately since I lost all this hearing. I just plugged that TV connector into my computer, and it went straight in Bluetooth right into my ear. It was fabulous so I ordered a second one. I don't wanna have to keep moving back and forth between my computer and my TV. It is better because I can listen to that television as loud as I wanna listen to it, and nobody else hears it in the house. That’s a feature I didn't have when I was listening with my real ear.

I was skeptical about hearing aids, and I put mine in right after it arrived. We had a little trouble, and this nice guy talked me through. A little bit of wax had gotten on the thing that’s underneath the wax guard, and he showed me how to take that off. He talked me through cleaning it. After that, I stuck it in my ear. I’ve had none of the problems that my friends reported having. It’s not perfect. I have lots of trouble in noisy rooms, still. Also, I drive a cute little convertible, and I have lots of trouble with the wind in my ear. But those aren’t their fault. I’m a skeptic who has become a zealot for my hearing aid.

About three weeks after I had fallen in love with my hearing aid, I had to fly to a conference where I was giving a paper in Texas, and on the way there, I fell asleep on the plane. We landed and I went to the rental agency, got a car and drove to my hotel room only to discover that I didn't any longer have my hearing aid. It apparently fell off in the plane and I didn't even notice it. I came home and immediately bought a second one. That’s the one I’m now in love with. In fact, I like this one better. It comes with a little wire thing that you’re supposed to curl up in your ear, and you use that to pull it out of your ear. It’s different from the thing that’s connected to the hearing aid itself. With my first one, that little wire thing wouldn’t stay in my ear.

My professional life was becoming more and more difficult before I got this hearing aid. Also, my wife doesn't get mad at me because I can hear her. Embrace Hearing perhaps saved my marriage. The only thing is I don't like the picture of the woman that comes up while the app is coming up on the phone. It’s sexist. I don't know why you have to put a beautiful woman on there. When you open the little app on your phone, it takes a while for the thing to load, and while it’s waiting to load, they have a blonde woman in a red dress leaning up against the side of the wall and that bugs me every time it comes up.

Original review: July 4, 2019

My hearing loss is mild to moderate on both ears and I had a Signia set of hearing aids but I lost one. We did a lot of research and I talked to people online and in person about Embrace. I met an audiologist and I found out that they were well informed. I liked the possibilities of what I heard. I like the microphone and the other part that allows you to connect with Bluetooth. Also, my insurance covered their product. I was looking at something else but it wasn’t covered by my insurance and I didn't like some of their answers. I bought the upper end product of Embrace and it adjusts automatically if you have a speaker beside you or on one side or the other. Since I’ve had them, my hearing is better but I get a feedback on the phone sometimes. I had to hold it out for my ear.

The sales reps were well informed. However, I sent an email and it was slightly incorrect. So, I was scolded by Bran who returned it. He said I shouldn't have sent it there and not to send it there again. They were kind enough to forward it to him but I felt that he was a little rude. At that same time, it said in the instructions that you could ask the right size for the ear portion and I wrote in that same written conversation that the conch lock was not fitting right in my left ear. The gentleman said he would forward me more of those and he would forward me the medium-sized ear portion that goes inside your ear, and that was probably five weeks ago.

We were traveling, so three days ago, I wrote back and said that it has been about at least a month. I didn't know if I should expect those to arrive or if it was lost somewhere in the system. They were attentive when still waiting for me to send my money and then after that, it's kinda like, "Oh, too bad." I wasn’t pleased with that. I've been a little bit disappointed with the service since the purchase but I would recommend Embrace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: May 15, 2020

My husband was doing some research online on hearing aids and he found Embrace. He looked at all the reviews that were online and we decided to check them out. I have had hearing aids before from my local audiologist and they did not work out. Embrace is in New Jersey and I'm in Wisconsin. The first time I called, they were closed. They got back to me the next day and talked to me about the product. I then talked to my husband. We decided to try one and did their 45-day trial.

The ones that I first got weren't working really well so I had them sent in for an adjustment. The adjustment didn't really help things so I upgraded to the next, which was the one I was thinking about getting the first time but didn't because the other one was cheaper. I like the upgraded hearing aids. Embrace has been great. Whenever I leave a message for anything, they get back to me.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Embrace was highly recommended by my buddy, Jay, who has very bad hearing. We're both musicians. He's a drummer and his hearing is worse than mine. We're also both contractors and there is a lot of machinery going on. Our hearing loss is from a lot of loud machinery and loud music over the years. Jay has had other hearing aids and when he first got his Embrace, he mentioned, "Oh, my God, the world is loud." I was impressed with that.

I called him and asked what the company was. He told me it was Embrace and I called them. They're back in New Jersey. I talked to a gentleman first and he was very informative, knowledgeable, polite, kind, and not pushy at all. I felt really good about that. I went ahead with the order and I got the hearing aids. I really like them a lot. They're good folks at Embrace. I really appreciate their follow-up, attentiveness, and professionalism. I talked to a doctor. She called me a few times and I was impressed with that as well. Unfortunately, when a company gets your money, that's the last you hear from them. But the doctor was concerned and wanted to know how things were working. She also offered that in case I need any adjustments, all I would have to pay for is shipping one way and this and that. Overall, my experience has been really one of my best consumer product experiences of my lifetime. It's been a very pleasurable one.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I got Embrace Hearing aids mainly for work. I can wear them sometimes at work but then I have to go outside and put earplugs in so I can’t wear them. Other than that, I like being able to hear with them. I went with Embrace Hearing because of their good reviews, reputation, and price. They've been good and their reps always help me.

Original review: May 6, 2020

The hearing aids from Embrace Hearing help me quite a bit. It's the type of hearing aid where I have to replace the battery on it. Before I wouldn’t be able to hear the sound of people's voices and I wouldn’t know if they were speaking or not. Now, I can hear sound and at least I can direct my attention towards them a lot more quickly than before. A lot of people aren’t complaining anymore that I’m not listening or hearing. They are affordable and at the same time, a lot of the customers are satisfied with them. They are also more professional. I was trying to avoid the whole audiologist and whole doctor consultation and getting them was done online.

The customer service from Embrace Hearing was great. Their rep wasn’t too much of a sales pitch kinda guy. He was calm and was just telling me pretty straight out what the hearing aid involved, what I'd have to do next, and how to take care of it, even though there were videos online on how to do some specific things if I wanted to fix something. But one battery seems to run out a lot more quickly than the other one. On the app, when I wanna check the battery status and I click for the left ear, it never beeps to tell me how much battery I have left on that one. It’s always on the right ear. Other than. that, I’m totally satisfied with them.

Original review: May 2, 2020

The doctor programmed my hearing aids with my hearing test. She was very helpful. She helped a lot with the process of me going through this. I had the hearing receiver itself. But I was not able to hear as well and it was too short. It seem like it was tight-fit around my ears. So she set me up with another one and I had a hard time trying to figure out how to take it out and put it back in. She walked me right through it step-by-step over the phone and always followed up with me. I asked her about the TV box that can go from the TV box to my hearing aid, and the owner of the company sent it to me for free.

The hearing aids that I was using before, I would just put them in my ear and I would be all set. But these hearing aids, I'm not 100% happy with it. Because every time I put them in, I have to program and push the button. It takes me about five minutes to put on my hearing aids. When I go to the store, it seems like I have to reprogram again. It's a pain in the butt because everywhere I go, I have to turn a different level on. Otherwise, things don't sound right. They sound muffled sometimes. Sometimes, I can't even hear my fiance. We were at his place last Sunday watching TV and I couldn't hear the TV. I kept playing around with my hearing aids and I could hear it but I couldn't hear what they were saying. It was like I couldn't hear exactly what I needed to hear. So at that point, it really disappointed me. I haven't put them back in.

Embrace Hearing Company Information