2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.63/5

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business (based in the USA with shipping worldwide), they are able to deliver the latest hearing aid technology starting at $799/ear. All of their hearing aids are custom programmed by their Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test. Simply call them or send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing, and their experienced team will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Select from models offering rechargeability, direct phone and TV streaming and invisible-in-the-canal styles. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free trial period (guaranteed satisfaction or 100% of your money back), free shipping, a full 3-year manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited phone and email support for as long as you own the aids.

BOTTOM LINE

Embrace Hearing offers behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal hearing aids in multiple performance levels and colors. The company is online only and has fair, transparent pricing, 2- or 3-year warranties and friendly customer service.

PROS

• 45-day free trial
  • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
  • Custom audiology programming

CONS

• Online only

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite feature is the service, which is always courteous ... I'm very impressed with that.

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are.

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace offers three hearing aid models. All Embrace models come with the ability to detect your environment and automatically adjust for it. Tinnitus management software is available on all models.

• The X-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model pairs directly to iPhone or Android smartphones for hands-free phone calls. Tinnitus programming is included on request. The X-Series is available in two performance levels (X-520 and X-920). Both levels come in rechargeable or 312 battery models. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.
  • The A-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. These simple and comfortable hearing aids are controlled by buttons or handheld remote The A-Series is available in three performance levels: A-410, A-710 and A-920R. The A-920 is rechargeable. Prices start at $599 with a two-year warranty.
  • The C-Series is an invisible-in-canal (IIC) model suitable for mild to severe hearing loss. This model fits entirely into your ear canal, which makes it almost invisible. The hearing aid volume can be controlled by a free smartphone app or an optional remote. CROS and tinnitus programming is included on request. The C-Series is available in two performance levels: C-660 and C-860. Prices start at $949 with a three-year warranty.
X-SeriesA-SeriesC-Series
TypeBehind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Behind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Invisible-in-canal (CIC)
Hearing loss levelMild to profoundMild to profoundMild to severe
BluetoothIncluded (no remote required)With optional remoteNot available
PowerTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional battery
Tinnitus managerYesYesYes
Warranty3 years2 years3 years
PriceFrom $899/earFrom $599/earFrom $949/ear

Embrace Hearing prices

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids. Costs range from $1,198 to $2,598 per pair. Models are available in rechargeable and Bluetooth versions. Financing is available. Every hearing aid purchased comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards, domes and unlimited customer care for the life of the hearing aid. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

Price per pairFinancing cost
A-410$1,198$78/mo
A-710$1,798$117/mo
A-920R$2,198$143/mo
X-520$1,798$117/mo
X-920$2,398$156/mo
C-660$1,898$124/mo
C-860$2,498$163/mo

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. Embrace Hearing requires a customer to have a hearing test in order to program the hearing aids. You can send recent tests for a recommendation or have a new one done locally or online at the Embrace Hearing website.
  2. You can then reach out to Embrace. If you’re not sure which hearing aid to buy, you can consult with the Embrace audiology team. They look over your hearing test, ask you a few questions and make a recommendation.
  3. Once you purchase your hearing aid, it takes five to eight days to arrive. All adjustments are free of charge (including shipping) for the entire warranty period.

Embrace has a 45-day return policy if you aren’t satisfied with your hearing aid.

Embrace FAQ

Will my insurance cover Embrace hearing aids?
It's best to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative to understand your benefits. Embrace Hearing can help complete forms your insurance company provides in order for you to get your reimbursement.
Is there any charge if I return my hearing aids during the 45-day trial period?
No. Embrace will refund 100% of what you paid — no programming or re-stocking fees.
Are Embrace hearing aids custom programmed?
Yes. Embrace’s audiology team uses the results of your hearing test to program the hearing aids to match your personal level of hearing loss.
Do Embrace hearing aids help with tinnitus?
Yes. Embrace hearing aids can be equipped with a tinnitus manager white noise soundtrack you can turn on or off as required. In addition, since the X-Series connects directly to your phone, you can stream any preferred tinnitus apps directly to your hearing aids.
How long is the Embrace hearing aid warranty?
The X-Series and C-Series have a three-year warranty. The A- Series has a two-year warranty.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids for anyone who is looking to upgrade their current device. The company's website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about its products. The company also provides upfront pricing — you won't be surprised by your final cost. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a strong choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Hearing aids can get way out of control price-wise. Now that they changed the law about you didn't have to go to an audiologist to get a prescription, you can do it yourself and that took out the middleman. You're sent a hearing aid test on your phone and then you listen to it. When you hear sounds, you press a button. I did Google searches and Embrace Hearing had a nice website. They were also upfront about costs, and the price was fair. They were competitive with others. First, I talked to a salesman and then we talked about what product might work for me. I made a decision and then after that, a lady got in touch with me. She called me and she stayed very close in touch until everything was okay with me.

The representatives were terrific and the customer support was excellent. I got the one that goes over the ear. It has Bluetooth and I definitely like it. I found when I used it though, the sound of the TV was a little overwhelming. Still, that's not a bad thing. If you had trouble hearing the TV, you could definitely hear it with the Bluetooth. My hearing aids are great, but I don't use it every day. This one doesn't run on batteries. I have to charge it and if I forget to do that, then I don't have it for the day. I find that I only use it when necessary, when I go to a movie or when I'm having lunch with people where I need to hear what they're saying closely.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

After I've been diagnosed with severe hearing loss, I have used other products and I'm still not satisfied. I went online, I Googled. I saw Embrace Hearing four years ago, but I ended up buying from somebody else and it's also a Unitron product and I'm very happy. However, I saw an advertisement online. Embrace has Bluetooth and I just wanna try. So I went back and I checked and they have the unit that I like. At that time, they had a 10% discount. It would end up a little less than the company I previously used. So I liked it and I bought it. I have 110% good experience with them. I sent them my audio and I took the hearing test online. Somebody called me right away.

The gentleman on the phone walked me through and he was really very helpful and very gentle. I purchased and they sent them to me, and less than 24 hours after I received, someone called and did the follow-up to see if I have I charged it or if I have any questions. Three months after that, one of my hearing aid did not light up at all. I sent in the question, then the following day there was a doctor calling me back and she asked me a few questions and she thought the charger case was an issue with my hearing aid. So she went ahead and ordered. I waited for a few days, I didn't hear, but I received a letter from Unitron. Unitron said, "It's in backorder. We'll send it to you as soon as we get it."Another few days after I got the charger, I plugged it in. I put it in my hearing aid. I called the doctor. I left a message and I told her that everything worked.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I went in and had my hearing tested. I have a profound hearing loss in both ears. Then I went to a hearing aid center where there are doctors there. I also had a hearing test there and it confirmed the original hearing test. But there is no way, on our limited income, I could possibly afford the hearing aids that they offered me. They were $8,000 for the two hearing aids. That center is also about 30 miles from where I live. I don't drive. I have to rely on my husband to be available and take me places. So I started looking for a company that offered hearing aids online by mail, which should save me all of that clinic costs for two years. I also spent a couple of months researching everything about hearing aids. I made a list of all of the things that I wanted in a hearing aid, knowing that when I got them, I would be using them for the rest of my life.

I wanted the hearing aids rechargeable and to make sure they had noise reduction. I have horrible tinnitus that I've had for most of my life, so I wanted something with tinnitus reduction. I wanted it to have my own voice memory. I wanted it to have smartphone controls. In other words, I wanted to be able to control it not with a separate remote, but with my phone, which I already have. I definitely wanted directional microphones. I also wanted to make sure they had wind reduction and feedback reduction. I wanted an open air receiver so I could hear bass sounds as naturally as possible. I started looking for hearing aids that had all of these capabilities.

I looked at all of the models that were available and what I should be able to expect to use with my hearing loss. In doing my research, I was pretty well convinced that I was going to have something that was over the ear because my hearing loss was too great. Embrace Hearing was one of the few, if not the only company, at the time, that offered hearing aids online and recommending for me the things that I wanted, and using the hearing test that I had already had so that I didn't have to go in there. So it was a good fit for me.

I have had such really good service from Embrace. They called me weekly or sent me an email to check in and make sure that everything was going well. I called them when I had some problems and they were able to solve it and tell me how to fix it. When I downloaded software for my phone, everything worked perfect. I could answer phone calls but then, my phone died and I had to get a new phone. With the new Motorola phone, I could not answer phone calls. It was frustrating. It took the longest time to figure that out. Embrace Hearing worked with me and they could not solve it. There's no Motorola store. But they contacted Motorola for me on my behalf. They couldn't have been better. The resolution to that was I had to uninstall the software and reinstall the software. Right now, the controls do not work for my phone, but the Bluetooth does. So it's not the hearing aid, it's the software, and the software is not made by Embrace. They utilize a third party software. But I can manage the controls just fine with the buttons on the hearing aid, which I had thought would be awkward, but it's not awkward at all. It is much easier than digging out a phone or a remote control to operate that.

I'm wonderfully happy having solved the issue of the Bluetooth, and I am so thankful to have the Bluetooth. I'm very satisfied with Embrace. My recommendation to anyone is get the best technology you can possibly afford. If you're not a complete technological neophyte, trust Embrace to do a good job for you. Even ordering by phone and having them sent to you by mail, that saved me $6,000. Why wouldn't anyone want to do that to have the best hearing aids they could possibly get?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I have moderate hearing loss. I checked reviews and found that Embrace had very good ones based on other people who used them. And Embrace backed those reviews up. Their customer service was excellent. In this day and age, customer service seems to be falling away by the wayside, especially on the internet. Tim was my rep and he walked me through the process. I had Embrace before by another company but that company went out of business or for some reason I wasn't able to get ahold of it. But the people worked with me and did what I needed to do by insurance. They called several times since I had them to see how I'm doing. I've had them since the first part of May. So far, they're okay.

If I were to do things over again, I probably would've spent a little extra money for the rechargeable batteries. This particular style I have has Bluetooth and it seems to wear the batteries out extremely fast. That's the only downside of it. Otherwise, I enjoy being able to use the Bluetooth as far as with conversations on phone even though it takes its toll on normal air batteries.

Embrace Hearing response

Hi Michael - Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Just to clarify, Embrace Hearing aids have only ever been sold by Embrace Hearing and the hearing aids you just purchased from us were your first set. If you believe you purchased a set from somewhere else, call us and we can help get them repaired. We have been in business since 2011.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The company was founded by my nephew. It was an educational project at Harvard Business School. The one who started it is my wife's brother's son. There was a business opportunity, and an interesting model that he developed as a student, and it worked out. He sold it and I have maintained contact with the new owner. I'm on my second set of hearing aids from them. I take good care of them. I had my first set for about five years. And in the past four months, I got a new set because the old set was getting older and I wanted the Bluetooth connectivity. The representatives of all kinds have been enormously helpful.

The technology of the signal processing is improved such that noisy background is better handled by the hearing aids. My older ones didn't have Bluetooth. My phone is Bluetooth and it's connected to my hearing aids, which is a nice thing. The other huge advantage for me is that my wife has perfect hearing. The television set to the appropriate volume was way too loud for her, but not loud enough for me. So, I stream from the TV into my hearing aids. I turn them down pretty low and I just pick up the high pitched sounds that I miss. So, I don't use subtitles anymore.

The Bluetooth has been a real game-changer. I was a little skeptical. I have a nice relationship with the new owner and he said, "Well, try them. If you don't like it, you can send them back." I didn't think twice about sending him back after the first couple of days. As a physician in this small community, everybody knows me and I know everybody. So, they ask me questions about the hearing aids and I sent Embrace a bunch of customers because I'm very happy with the product and the service. The turnaround for repair is very fast.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Embrace was the best option and the price was right. With my health care background, the product was very professional when it arrived. It performed like they said it would. I had some questions because they were different from the previous pair that I had and their technical service was fantastic.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I got a hearing aid Bluetooth from Embrace Hearing. It's helped because in different places where there are more people around, I can hear voices better. I haven't talked to Embrace's customer service for a while, but they kept close track on it and they were really easy to work with.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I’ve gotten my mother a pair of Embrace hearing aids maybe six years ago and they certainly helped. However, there was a big struggle with the batteries and things kept not working but the experience the second time around has been really very good. The idea of getting a hearing aid without batteries seemed like a big improvement. Their customer service has been always very responsive. Every time I called, I was able to talk to a real, knowledgeable person pretty quickly so even though the experience with the hearing aid wasn't that great, I felt we were in good hands with Embrace. It was also clear that they were much cheaper than going to a local retail outlet.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I'm happy with Embrace Hearing. The customer service was excellent. The feedback and the periodic emails saying, “Everything is still okay” was fine. The people I talked to were very helpful. In Canada, other hearing aid options would have cost me about $6,000, and Embrace Hearing was significantly cheaper than that. It was about $1,800 that I spent. I also did a lot of research on whether I could get quality. With the research I did, I came up with the fact that I could get quality from Embrace Hearing. In fact, their hearing aids were better than the ones I had before. It got better quality, and I could hear better. In the previous hearing aids, I did not have the option of turning up or turning down the sound. But that was older technology. I've been using hearing aids for quite a number of years.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I like the direct to consumer approach of Embrace. Because my hearing loss is kind of different from the left to the right ear, I gave them a call to inquire what's the cause of this because it leads to different programming of the hearing aids. I have an Embrace X-920R. It's with Bluetooth and all the apps. I like the Bluetooth connectivity. Particularly, in noisy situations, I can understand speech much better now that I have my Embrace.

Embrace Hearing Company Information