toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I really like Embrace Hearing. I dialed their number, I got a hold of somebody and I talked to him. He spent four different phone calls with me and they answered all my questions. I got a hearing test here in Colorado where I live. Then I emailed it to them and they fine-tuned them according to my prescription. I really like the fact that my hearing aids were German-made. I felt like they were pretty good quality compared to what's available here. I've had them four years now and I wear them all the time. It makes a big difference. I can hear a lot of things I didn't use to hear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have the Embrace H-700. It's the best hearing aid for the money, and I enjoy them tremendously. I like that it is easy to use and has the ability to hear even in noisy environments such as restaurants, meetings or sports events. I also purchased the Bluetooth TV accessory and its hand control and I find them very useful. Customer service was more than excellent, and they've gone out of their way for me. We've had a little difficulty in getting it through my insurance, and they've been right there with me and talked with the people. I would recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did some research on the internet and just happened to find Embrace Hearing and I bought their hearing aids. I went with them because of their cost for the same features. I paid $99 for the little remote that goes with it and it's well worth it - it's my favorite feature. It's been an easy and convenient experience overall. My older brother in California is considering hearing aids now and I recommend him to go to Embrace Hearing's website.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was being treated for bug bites and another client who happened to be an MD noticed that I was wearing hearing aids. He asked me about it and started a 20-minute advertisement. He thought that the traditional places where people get hearing aids were too expensive. We had a long discussion about it and I was interested since I was toying with the idea of changing device for a couple years. He told me how satisfied he was with Embrace Hearing. He explained to me that other people were not doing the job they should be doing so he took the company over.

With that MD's recommendation, I got Embrace's device and I'm now their advocate as well. There were three levels of expense and I got the most expensive, the one with Bluetooth and other possibilities. It was about a thousand dollar an ear but I like the technology possibilities, I wanted to be prepared for anything since I'll probably wear the hearing aid for the rest of my life. Hence I'm happy to have spent that money. In a lot of places, I would have spent two or three times that much money, if not more, per ear. Furthermore, having the device has made a big improvement so far. Also, now the company is run like it should be and I'm very pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing Aids has 3 models and I chose the intermediate. I like their price and the quality was far superior. I’m interested that my hearing loss is mainly above 3,000 and I’m amazed how much I’ve lost. With it on, I noticed that there are many more birds and many more things outside that I hear that normally are gone without the hearing aid. I’d certainly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Embrace Hearing from a friend of mine. The referral and their reasonable cost had me getting their products. I think their accessories are really expensive though. The device helped me hear better. Tim made good for me and it was nice to deal with him. I would recommend Embrace but I don't get the impression that they're extremely professional in relation. I think they could do better at the way they present themselves to the public.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Jay. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will contact you separately about the fit problem you are describing here - we will fix that.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

I’ve never had hearing aids before so it’s taking quite a bit of an adjustment. I purchased my 700 Plus hearing aids from Embrace Hearing. I had done a lot of research and found out that pretty much some of the same companies make all the hearing aids. I just didn’t see any sense in paying $2,000 more for a hearing aid that has a household name versus the one that maybe a lot of people haven’t heard of but is still the same hearing aid.

I’ve talked mostly with Tim from customer service and he’s been great. He’s the one that suggested I send the hearing aids back in to be reprogrammed because I have the Crossover and in a restaurant, the Crossover just floods the other ear with all this noise and information so I had them change the program where it actually turns that Crossover out and turns it off. The only thing that I don’t really like about these hearing aids is that little plastic wire in one ear doesn’t stay and keeps popping out. And it’s extremely difficult to kind of mend into shape.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had narrowed my choices for hearing aids down to two companies and two different products. I had decided on another company's product, but that product had been replaced with a new one. Rather than going through the whole process of investigating, I went with my number two choice which happened to be one with Embrace Hearing. I’ve only had it a couple of months since my first hearing aid and so far, it has met my expectations. It’s doing what I hoped it would do. There were times when I thought it was missing parts of conversations but then again it’s early. I haven’t had a situation before where I had issues come in the last couple of months but the hearing aid has proven to be effective.

I was surprised at the level of customer service because that seemed to be one of the big fears of dealing with a company online. When I first got it, I was in touch with their customer service. I had a problem in using it and this had a lot to do with the fact that I was unfamiliar with the product. I spoke with Tim and informed him that I had a problem simply putting them on and with the length of the wire from the dome that goes into my ear to the microphone that sits behind my ear. I spent about half an hour with him and he was most helpful in providing me with a couple of longer wires that solved the problem that I was having. He indicated that that was a rare problem, maybe 5% or so of the people that needed that. He sent me the parts overnight and I received them the next day. I installed them myself and they worked out great. I mailed the existing ones back. I’ve had no problems since that initial delivery and the initial couple of days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son did an internet investigation when he knew I needed new hearing aids. He said Embrace Hearing sounded like the best deal and so I went with it. I had them three years ago when I got my first one. However, I lost it and in the last few months I got the newest model. Their reps treated me right. Their CS team were very good. I communicated with their rep mostly through e-mail but he’s always prompt and always answered all my questions. I’m pleased with them.

With Embrace Hearing, I certainly have a better quality of life. I'm satisfied with it. I hear better now and I don’t have to turn the TV up too loud or miss things entirely. However my hearing is probably going to get worse. When I got these new ones, I was getting a little bit of hearing loss in my one ear. I realized that’s probably the way it’s going to go with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a research and found other people who had used Embrace's hearing aids. I also decided to choose them because of their price. However, I had issues with one and it's still under warranty, so the hearing aids are sent off to the warranty place. Purchasing the hearing aids has been a good thing. I've been satisfied with Embrace Hearing and they've been very reasonable to work with. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a Bluetooth feature on my H-700 and it's very helpful. However, I don't know if a $6,000 model is better than the $2,000 one so I'm a little skeptical because I can't tell what I'm actually getting for the extra money I paid. But the product has slightly improved my life and I've received very good customer service from them. I returned it once for reprogramming and spoke with them many times on the phone before I purchased and they're extremely helpful. I think if I have any problems in the future, they would be very reasonable to help me out with the service and the cost.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were a couple of other online companies that I checked with for my hearing aids. The prices were comparable but they were not as accessible as Embrace was in terms of talking to somebody knowledgeable about the product. Talking to Tim of Embrace and their price encouraged me to go with them because there was a limit set by the health insurance company about what they would cover. The H700 Embrace hearing aids are great. I also got the Bluetooth accessory. It's a great product.

Their customer service team is excellent and both responsive in phone calls and emails. Everything worked out with the team. There is maximum satisfaction. However I'm having a hard time with the health insurance and I need to get those straightened out. I filed to Blue Cross in New Jersey but the specialist who has the license to issue the device is registered in Delaware. Blue Cross needed the EIN of the individual and not the company. This added more time to the transaction to get the reimbursement from my insurance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Embrace Hearing online and bought their 700 plus. I only use the amplification with one program that I'm using, but I chose them because of the price and convenience and I felt that if I went to a normal hearing aid dispensary I would pay a lot more for the model I got. The cost and quality are equal if not better compared to Costco since that's where I got my hearing test and put on a sample pair and walked around. Embrace's customer service is friendly and helpful. A feedback on a problem I have though is that we have worked around by swapping our dome sizes and I wish we could tune that a little bit but it might involve sending the hearing aids back in which I don't wanna do. I need to go to a local dispensary to get them tuned a little bit.

I already had hearing aids so my quality of life is continued to be positively impacted by having Embrace Hearing as opposed to not having them. I kept the previous pair I had about two years longer than their useful life so putting Embrace on felt like putting on a new one and I'm back to where I was. Although I'm thinking I got good features and benefits, I actually paid over $3,000 for the first pair seven years ago while I paid 2,000 for Embrace so I feel like the trend is going in the right direction.

Embrace did everything they could and my perception is they're willing to do more. I'm just not willing to give up the hearing aid to take the time to have it done and there's a tinnitus program they could install for me. They could reprogram them to help potentially reduce the amount of feedback I'm hearing but if they programmed a similar pair and gave them to me just for use then I could send back them when my originals were gone, that would be fun.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Dennis - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We actually do contact you at several points following purchase regarding maintenance and other questions. We sent the last one to you on July 27 but will follow up again to be sure you are receiving them.

Again - thanks for you help!

Embrace Hearing

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I got the H-700 from Embrace Hearing and it does the purpose for which I purchased it. I've recommend it. My suggestion would be a follow up call or email to see if the customer's happy after the 30 or 45 days warranty period. That would not be too much to ask for somebody who spent about 1,700 bucks on them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the top of the line pro hearing aid from Embrace Hearing, and got the remote with it. I did some searching online before and looked at Audacious and Miracle Ear. The cost of Audacious and some other hearing aid company was about the same as Embrace Hearing, while that of Miracle Ear was a lot higher. The receiver in the ear was why I went with Embrace Hearing. Also, the quality of their product is great. I was very well pleased when I bought my hearing aids from them. The Embrace Hearing team contacted me several times and asked me how I was doing. I'm a teacher and now I can hear other people a lot easier.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m a college student and the Embrace Hearing aids have been super helpful in lecture halls and a classroom setting. They're very comfortable and I like that they’re discreet and small. I thought that their price was more affordable than others and the customer service was better because I got to talk to actual people. They’ve also checked up and made sure everything was working fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went to Kaiser and got my Embrace Hearing there because of the lower cost. Customer service was fine and the rep sent the hearing aid through the mail, which was very nice. I lost one in December and he sent a replacement which only took about a week. Overall, my hearing aid has improved my quality of life a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had this system twice now from Embrace Hearing Aids. He's got the Bluetooth, the TV and everything that you can have on it pretty well. He needed it all and it has certainly helped. He also tried picking out for music because we want to get back playing instruments and he's been working at trying to get that to work well. He had to buy a few different things but they put music along with the system that he already has so it has helped some. However, there's one area that he hasn't tried that I know of. It's when you go in to see a concert or something in a big theater or area or if you went into a church that was big enough that had that system, that he could hear better.

A lot of this stuff has improved him being able to hear but he still doesn't hear very good. He doesn't pick out all the words in a sentence. So it helps but it's not the same as what he would like. But this system seems to be the best he's used. Moreover, we've had excellent customer service right from the start. Now it's changed hands and the interaction we've had has been really good. They have been trying to get the best they can for him and he's tried everything that they'd given him. His hearing is still going down so it's always a challenge to try to keep up with seeing if there's something else out there that might help him. But at this point, we can communicate at least. However, he still can't communicate with two of his kids because their voices are in a range that he can't pick up good. So even with the hearing aids, he can hear a little bit but not enough for them to carry on a normal conversation.

That same product here in Canada would cost him twice as much so he's gone through the States when he bought it. Now we understand that in Canada that Costco or some place carries the same type of units and their price would be about the same as what we purchased from the States. Going forward then for anybody that would be here, we would recommend the system to them. They might be able to get it locally now and not pay as much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing is an awesome place, and the guy that runs it is very cool. The best thing about them is their customer service - that really made me go for them. It also seemed like it was the better technology for the price. I got the H-700 model, and I like that the device is comfortable.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Larry - Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review. As you know, the period when Embrace "went downhill" was in mid 2015. I purchased the company in October 2015 to get things back on the right track and you can see many positive reviews since then. Regarding your new aids, as you know, you are still in the 45 free day trial period and we look forward to making the adjustments we have already discussed next week.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I wanted to buy the Embrace Hearing Aids on the internet because when you buy those others, you're just paying some guy a big commission. Instead of $50 for a test, you pay about several thousand. I looked down and I wanted one that was adjustable. These Embrace Hearing Aids are German-made, which means quality. I also liked its price. However, I'm not completely satisfied with it. I need an adjustment on it. The first ones I had were great, and the best hearing aids I ever had. But then they changed things up and it went downhill. Then I also had some other kind which wasn't good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I looked at other companies like Costco and Walmart and the price was pretty good. My friend Jimmy knows the owner of Embrace Hearing and I got my first hearing aid from them. I'm pleased with my hearing aids and my friends say that it's a perfectly good deal. Their team has reached out when appropriate. As a new customer, I don’t always know the right things to do and they’ve been very forthcoming with information. They’re also responsive with feedback. The hearing aid has a positive effect in my life and I have and will recommend Embrace.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought an H700 hearing aid from Embrace Hearing. The price is very competitive. But for the product itself, I don’t know that one company has a whole lot of edge over the others. The customer service rep, Tim, has been a wonderful help. It's taken quite a while to get things ironed out, but with their persistence and working with it, we're doing good now.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Embrace Hearing offers consumers a discreet, affordable and customized hearing aid that can help with any amount of hearing loss, including severe hearing loss. The company is based in the U.S. and they ship their German technology hearing aids anywhere in the world.

• Customized for your needs: Audiologists customize each hearing aid based on the results of their customers’ hearing tests. This means you will receive a hearing aid that is personally made based on your hearing needs when you order from Embrace.
  • Get a professional opinion before you buy: If you aren’t sure which Embrace hearing aid model is right for you after you take your hearing test, contact Embrace. An audiologist will assess your hearing test and help you choose the best hearing aid for your needs.
  • Three models to choose from: Embrace Hearing offers three models: Embrace H100 (mild to moderate hearing loss), Embrace H-300 (mild to severe hearing loss) and Embrace H-700 (mild to severe hearing loss). Prices range from $449-$949 per ear.
  • Bluetooth remotes: Connecting your Embrace hearing aid to one of their Bluetooth remote controls transmits the sound from your TV, radio and mobile device directly to your hearing aid.
  • 45 day trial period: Try your Embrace hearing aids to see if it is right for you. If you aren’t satisfied with it, return it within 45 days for a full refund.
  • Best for Aging listeners and people with progressive hearing loss.

Embrace Hearing Company Profile