4.73/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2011, our premium, high performance German engineered hearing aids have been raising the bar year after year at prices far lower than you would expect. Because we are an online business (Based in the USA - shipping world-wide), we are able to save our customers thousands of dollars by keeping our prices at about 1/3 of the price of retail.

Our hearing aids, which are custom programmed by our Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test, start as low as $449. Simply send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing and we will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Customize your look with the choice of three performance levels, seven different color combinations and a variety of Bluetooth accessories. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free-trial period (Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back), free shipping, a full manufacturer’s warranty and, of course, unlimited phone and email support.

Try our “Autosurround” aids and let Embrace Hearing show you what you’ve been missing.

Embrace Hearing….Embrace Life.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

131 Embrace Hearing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My old hearing aids work but I find them minimal. I took my hearing test and I told the doctor that I was going on the internet to get a hearing aid from Germany but he said that I should be careful because I don't have a person to go to, only the telephone calls. I decided to take a shot at going through the internet and I found Embrace Hearing. Everybody there was very good and very nice. The rep asked me some questions and I decided to buy their hearing aids. The hearing aids from Embrace Hearing were not perfect but compared to those I had before, these are much better. There are a few kinks I have to work out though.

Most of the time the beam speech is good. It's supposed to make you understand the words better. However, I still have a lot of trouble hearing if someone has an accent. The accent gets spread when I speak to someone with an accent over the phone. I've been dealing with my hearing loss for years. I’m 91 with neuropathy in my fingers so it’s hard for me to put the hearing aid in. One of my daughter who lives with me puts it in for me and it works. But a couple of times, the batteries just work for four days and they’re not rechargeable. I just use the batteries they sent me and the ones I originally used on my old one since it’s the same. Overall, I’m satisfied and I think it’s a good brand.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I bought the H-700 Embrace Hearing aid. They were comfortable and I like the cost of their products. Their reps treated me very well. I was always happy with them. But I also went to Miracle-Ear and purchased a Miracle-Ear hearing aid at the same time. Since it was my first hearing aid, I was really unsure about how to address the issues that I had. I wound up deciding to go with Miracle-Ear because I can go and talk to somebody immediately, and they can do some adjustments to the hearing aid that I didn’t know Embrace hearing aids could do so I sent them back

Now that I have my Miracle-Ear hearing aids for a while, I think that if I'm going to own a new hearing aid again, I would go back to Embrace because I like the way they fit and the way their reps responded. I didn’t realize that I can send back the hearing aids to them and they can adjust it. I never asked a question and they never offered to have them sent back when I notice some issues. I would have liked to have known that. Nevertheless, Embrace has got great hearing aids. In fact, I thought they were more comfortable than the Miracle-Ear. And although it is one and a half times more expensive than Miracle-Ear, I am happy with the Embrace product overall. Their reps were professional, courteous and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We've had good luck with Embrace Hearing. My wife, mother and I were eager to find something better for my father and we found them online. They were recommended on a clearing house list of different peoples' experiences with hearing aids. They had high reviews from a variety of crowd-sourced internet spokespeople. And their reps have been eager to help. Since we purchased the hearing aids, they led to an improvement in well-being. Whatever the technology is, it's just superior. It makes it easier to engage better quality of life. The hearing aids are better than the previous ones and they function better right off the bat. Plus, they're easier to adjust and maintain. It's still surprising how difficult the old ones were to maintain.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

My daughter did a research on the internet and found the information about Embrace Hearing because here in Victoria, hearing aid providers charge, want too much money and won’t use my insurance, and it still would be $3,000. And with the insurance, it would end up costing me $7,000 and I don’t understand any of that. I got the Embrace H300 and H700 although I have some problems with my right ear, which I’ve had the same problem with the other hearing aids that I had. I can't get it to fit it in my ear so when my daughter was here a couple of weeks ago, I asked her to put a smaller thing in the hearing aid. There is nothing wrong with the hearing aid, I just haven’t found the right way to put it in there. I can do the left ear fine, but my right ear, I had to fight a little bit with it and it's time for me to get used to it. I’ve had my old hearing aids for five years and they went way into the ear and made my ears hurt and swell up.

I had to take them off because my ear would be sore for a few days before I could use the hearing aid again. I have been checking different places and they all were pretty expensive. I was unhappy with the hearing aids they showed me. With the insurance, I had to use those big old things and I didn’t want those. I wanted something that would get closer to the eardrum because the other way, I would get a lot of static when I would get on the phone and I have to get the phone away. I never learned to use the hearing aid with the phone because I kept it too close. But the Embrace is perfect. I feel very comfortable and I like the way it all came out. I even got the remote with it because it's hard to take them off and adjust them and then you have a hard time putting them back on. So, I had to consider different things that would be better for me than the way I had them before.

My daughter did all of the interactions with Embrace Hearing and she did a lot of it through the computer. I talked to one person regarding the insurance and reimbursement and I told them that I had charged my hearing aids to a credit card because I have five years with it when I needed them. So far, my hearing is improving a lot because they don’t have to repeat everything to me a few times if I don’t understand some of the words. They would say one thing and I hear it totally differently.

And my husband is the one that would care enough about it because he would be trying to tell me something and I would look at him and say, “Well, what was that all about?” It was really getting worse so I'm happy now that I have a good quality that I can depend on, and I can hear. I feel happy and very comfortable with the product. If I need them, I will go back. Now that they're on, I need to have a different hearing check, but I can get that done at Sam’s or in some places that offer a free hearing.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I got Embrace Hearing's H700 product but I'm disappointed with the service that I'm getting. I called them to get the hearing aids adjusted since it was way too noisy. I sent it back on a Monday and they said that as soon as they got them on Wednesday, they'd return them the same day but that was a week ago. I called them on Wednesday and they hadn't received the hearing aids. So I got on with the post office and they said that the address wasn't complete as it didn't have a street number on it. On Friday, I got a notification from the post office that the hearing aids were delivered. The people from Embrace called me and said that they finally found the hearing aids but it would be Monday until they receive them. They would adjust them and send them back the same day, but today is Thursday and I still haven't received them. Embrace didn't follow through. Otherwise, I would have had the hearing aids back if they were shipped.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello David - We are so sorry about what happened here. I think you can see by the other reviews that this sort of experience is incredibly rare but we know that doesn't help you.

We have completely changed our system to ensure this does not happen again and we have sent you something as an expression of the frustration this caused you.

Embrace Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I got Embrace Hearing's SpeechBeam. I have the remote control as well as Bluetooth capability. They're the best quality I could get and at much lower price than I’d get anywhere else and now I hear much better than I did before. I like that they’re very light and I forget that they’re even in. Sometimes, I’m afraid I’m going to go sleep at night and forget to take them out. Their customer service is friendly, informative and helpful. I've asked them a few questions and I’ve received excellent answers. I'm very happy with Embrace Hearing, the product, the packaging, the instructions, and the support.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Embrace Hearing costs a lot less than the Ray Hill Hearing Aids that my audiologist had recommended. Embrace Hearing also had 5 out of 5 stars when I looked it up and was a recommended hearing aid provider so I went with them. I got the behind-the-ear hearing aids and it improved my hearing. I've returned a hearing aid to them to have it tuned a little bit better and they have been very good and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I'm in the middle of working with Embrace Hearing because I have personal difficulties with the highest model of hearing aid I got from them. I have problems with tinnitus so Embrace Hearing is doing a great job trying to work around with the hearing aid. I've only been able to use the hearing aid for about a week and I stopped to send it back now. Embrace Hearing is going to make adjustments and send it back to me. I may never be able to use a hearing aid so this is kind of a trial yet. But dealing with Tim has been very pleasant and he's been very helpful and professional. They’ve got excellent customer service and I've had a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I've known Embrace Hearing from my doctor because he gets his hearing aids from them. I then chose to buy from them because of their price. It's very lightweight, so I have no problem wearing them and I only have to change its batteries every week. It has helped me, but I still have a lot of wind noise with it if I'm outside. Also, I was really glad that Embrace Hearing would look at my hearing aids when I had a problem with it.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

After researching on the internet I purchased Embrace Hearing's top-of-the-line product, the E70 hearing aid. Embrace Hearing is a good company and they're as advertised. They've got an intelligent approach to customer service. The service was okay and I liked what I saw. But I'm still working with them on the feedback problem. I've talked to them a few times because they sent me the long receiver coil and I asked to change to the shorter one. This is the coil that goes from the microphone to the ear. Also, when they sent the product the first time, they switched the boxes around and put the right ear hearing aid in the left box, but that's a minor thing. Plus, they neglected to send the plastic call retention coil. But all of those issues were straightened out fast.

It would be very nice if they could set up a system whereby the reprogramming can be done online with the customer rather than having to send the hearing aid back to them. Right now, if the customers have to reprogram, they have to send their hearing aids back and that certainly makes Embrace Hearing not as competitive as other companies like Oticon where you go to the office and they change the program right there.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

A friend of mine got his hearing aid from Embrace Hearing and I trusted his opinion, so I purchased my hearing aid from them too. I bought their top-of-the-line product and it has been working like a charm. The best thing that I like about it is the fact that I can hear. This purchase has made my life a lot better. All in all, it was a great and very easy experience.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My wife did some research on Embrace Hearing and I had a hearing test. She sent it in to them and they answered our questions. Embrace Hearing adjusted the hearing aids to what the hearing test was. The hearing aids are comfortable and doing everything we expected and I can hear a little bit more. Their customer service has also been wonderful. I had questions that I needed to call them on to see that the hearing aids were normal and that I was doing as what it should be right. They responded very quickly.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Embrace Hearing had a product that was equivalent to things that were available in hearing aid stores where I live and they were much much less expensive. The H-700 is extraordinary, comfortable and the quality is very good. It has helped my hearing immeasurably and the reps are very accommodating and always ready to help. I'm very happy with my purchase and I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I purchased the H-700 from Embrace Hearing and I like that it fits well and the hearing is good. I also like the four settings and the remote but I have to re-sync it every month. It falls out and then I have to call Embrace Hearing to help me. It un-syncs itself and it's a pain in the neck but otherwise, it’s fine. I've been so impressed with the stuff that I suggested it to my girlfriend who is also looking for hearing aids. Her audiologist suggested an entirely different one. I said, "No, try this first." So she did and she likes it. My experience with Embrace Hearing has been positive and their customer service is very nice.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Embrace had good references and the value was much better than the phone app I had previously. I had email interactions with the guy who does the software and the hearing aid adjustments based on the audiology report and that's been fine. When the device came, I found it far superior to what I had before, so I'm very satisfied. I have the one with the ustream and the product quality seems good so far. I like having the variety of control options that the hearing aid provides and the device makes it easier for me to hear and to participate in large group events.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

The guy who's in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey and who set everything up for me was very good at what he did. If I had to refer anyone for a hearing aid, I would refer them to him. The quality of the Embrace hearing aids seemed fine and I was very satisfied with the whole experience. However, it was not always comfortable. I got some results from it, but I returned the hearing aids because I didn't use them enough. Even when I made a concentrated effort to use them, I never did and there was no point of paying for something and let it sit in a drawer.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I went on the internet and looked for the best-selling hearing aids out there. Embrace Hearing came up and all of the testimonials were 5 stars, so I thought it must be good. So I checked them out and got the H-700 type. My left ear is virtually dead and so I can plug something in my left ear but I have to turn it up to 900 decibels for me to hear. But that didn’t work. The guy suggested that I take them and wear it for now, just in the right ear because the left ear is kaput anyway. I tried that but the only thing I got out of it was that I can hear dings like the sound of a microwave. Whereas before, I didn’t hear it clearly. I sent it back and it took a few days before they credited my credit card. I had an excellent experience with them but it just didn’t work for me. Just the same, I will recommend them to anybody looking if they don’t have a goofy ear problem like I have.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Embrace hearing aids had very positive reviews online, were also less expensive and have better quality than other hearing aids so they were worth trying. My mom can hear with them and she’s much better. The hearing aids are great and I'm really glad I bought them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My mother has the basic unit from Embrace Hearing which is the one without the Bluetooth. I read that it had the technology of making them more directional as required and the price was very good. The representatives were very good to deal with, too. And though my mother has trouble putting them in so there’s reluctance on her part because she lacks dexterity, her experience with Embrace Hearing has been very satisfactory.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have been around the town where I live to see what the local offerings were and I looked up hearing aids. It had bad reports so, I started looking around on the internet and I found Embrace Hearing. I have never had anything like that before but I had a week of coaching from them about how to do it. I have the intermediate level which is the H-300. I got them specifically to be able to hear classroom discussions better, and it helps to hear people in a classroom situation when voices are soft and quiet to make them much clearer. It’s been effective on that front.

I’ve had them since May and up till now, there have been zero complaints. Also, they have very good customer service. The representatives are very prompt and helpful when it comes to questions on what to do about this and that. And they have a few “How to do” videos on their website that take care of most of the questions that I have had so far. At this point, the question moves over to one of durability, but it's excellent so far with Embrace.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My experience with Embrace Hearing has been good. I purchased their hearing aids. They work and are easy to wear. They know their stuff and their price was very good. Overall, Embrace Hearing was very helpful and competent. I’m very happy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I like the price at Embrace over other companies and everybody there has been absolutely accommodating and helpful. The hearing aid is like an ear plugger on my one ear. I was having trouble with the dome because my ear canal is so small and after a couple of tries, they found a dome that fits. The experience was great.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My father has a behind-the-ear hearing aid from Embrace Hearing. Everything was excellent with our interactions with them. We went through an adjustment period and had to send one hearing aid back to get a custom mold of my father's ear made. Tim, the person I talked to, was absolutely excellent, as well. They're also very responsive and they do what they say they're going to do. My father is deaf in his left ear, so the left ear hearing aid transmits sounds over to the right hearing aid and that’s a helpful feature for him as well as the remote control. He’s very happy with the hearing aids and these are the most expensive hearing aids thus far, but they’re also the best.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I have the Embrace Hearing aid that goes behind and down through my ear and it does a good job helping me hear sounds that I don’t normally hear like high pitch sounds. But I still have a little trouble as far as understanding what somebody is saying, and I can hear a little louder but it doesn’t always distinguish. I’ve had a few hearing aids and have been very disappointed with some of them, but these Embrace Hearing Aids have been the best as far as picking up sound. I will recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I couldn't afford what the locals wanted so I went online and chose Embrace Hearing for their price and the fact that it was manufactured in Germany. I know you can't always trust what you read online but in my case, it turned out okay. The hearing aids came quickly and they are good, and I know that because I paid $4,000 for hearing aids prior. They were eight years old so, it was a big improvement over my old ones. The only drawback is that I'm in Canada and they're in the States, there's a risk of getting lost if I send the hearing aids back for correction and that they can't test how they're working right on me. But they've been super to get back to me quickly with an email to show me a video on how to change the wax protection and the domes etc.

I can hear better now but I'm not happy with the way I hear the television. I don't know if my hearing aids need adjusting but they told me that I could buy an enhancement for it. Embrace could get a few technicians here in Canada because I found three different places after I got the Embrace Hearing aids to have them adjusted, to see if they're working properly, and every place wanted $500 per ear. Then, they tried only to work the service you came for which is a bunch of crap because when I had my past hearing aids, I only needed to service them about three times. So, that's what Embrace could do.

Nevertheless, Embrace’s cost and quality were good compared to the Phonak I had before which was an old technology. Also, I didn't reach $2,000 for two of them and if I were to replace them, I went locally to see what it would cost me and it was up to $7,000 for a really good set. The service is good. It's unfortunate that they haven't gotten a technician around but they can give service online. Overall, the service was as expected as they told it would be online however, their business would be better if they could invent some software whereby the hearing aids could be adjusted online.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I bought hearing aids from Embrace at $2,500 for the set. Compared to others, their cost was real good. It’s a good quality for a reasonable price. Their people were very helpful and answered all my questions.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I decided to go with Embrace because of their price, their reviews and their quality. I did everything online and it was fairly simple. I can bypass other companies on the way I feel about these hearing aids. They're good. The Bluetooth part is my favorite. I could play music, talk on the phone hands-free and all that good stuff. I have the over-the-ear ones right now. I'm outside a lot. With the heat we've had around here, the sweat goes on these hearing aids so they get wet and slide out. But they work pretty well. Also, I'm a fireman, so when I'm going inside burning houses, I had to bend down a certain way or go upside down and the hearing aids fall off sometimes. So next time, I want to try the in-the-ear hearing aids.

It's a little difficult to get used to, like hearing all the noises, but the guy forewarned me about that. Having a one-on-one with somebody is good and I have the speech band on it. But these hearing aids pick up the irrelevant noises that I don't need to hear and I'm trying to focus on somebody's conversation that I'm talking to. That's the negative part about these hearing aids. I've tried my friends' hearing aids and theirs is a lot different with the quality and the noise. They don't get that robotic sound. Nevertheless, there has been a big improvement with my hearing. Embrace is good and better than dropping $6,000 which I'm not sure that it's going to work.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I had a lot of confidence in Embrace because of the quality they offer, their price and more importantly, when I called and spoke to individuals, my questions were answered with authority, and other's experience. One time, I'm having trouble with ringing. I've turned up the volume because they weren't working very well when I was in a situation with those background noise and I got a lot of ringing or feedback. The gentleman wasn't available when I called but he called me back quickly and was very helpful. The customer service is better than my previous experience with audiologists and other online providers.

The hearing aid is helpful and it’s giving me more confidence in a clinical situation where I needed to be able to hear people well. I also like that their Ustream works very well. Also, it's reliable, it hooks up well, its Bluetooth is strong, the software is much improved than my previous hearing aids and the batteries seem to last a lot longer with this newer unit. They're much more efficient and the viability and functionality seem to be significantly better. Overall, it's been a cost-effective experience and it produced what I thought I was buying.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I researched online on hearing aids and found Embrace Hearing. Their price was competitive and the quality is good. I got it for my daughter and she is very pleased with it. When we purchased it in May, she needed it pretty quickly. The guys at Embrace Hearing were very accommodating and got it to us within a few days. Their customer service was very helpful. The experience was great and I’m very satisfied with the product.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I'm very happy with my hearing aids from Embrace Hearing. Their reps were very helpful and patient. It's well-recommended, a well-made product since it's German-made, and it's less expensive than what the hearing aid companies here were offering. It's also wonderfully inconspicuous and I enjoy it. Now and then, I have difficulty with the microphone. I have called them about it and they called me back. Other than that, I'm hearing things much better now. I have friends who were considering hearing aids and I recommended it.

Embrace Hearing Company Information