2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.64/5

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business (based in the USA with shipping worldwide), they are able to deliver the latest hearing aid technology starting at $799/ear. All of their hearing aids are custom programmed by their Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test. Simply call them or send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing, and their experienced team will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Select from models offering rechargeability, direct phone and TV streaming and invisible-in-the-canal styles. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free trial period (guaranteed satisfaction or 100% of your money back), free shipping, a full 3-year manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited phone and email support for as long as you own the aids.

BOTTOM LINE

Embrace Hearing offers behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal hearing aids in multiple performance levels and colors. The company is online only and has fair, transparent pricing, 2- or 3-year warranties and friendly customer service.

PROS

• 45-day free trial
  • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
  • Custom audiology programming

CONS

• Online only

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite feature is the service, which is always courteous ... I'm very impressed with that.

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are.

Embrace Hearing Learn More

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace offers three hearing aid models. All Embrace models come with the ability to detect your environment and automatically adjust for it. Tinnitus management software is available on all models.

• The X-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model pairs directly to iPhone or Android smartphones for hands-free phone calls. Tinnitus programming is included on request. The X-Series is available in two performance levels (X-520 and X-920). Both levels come in rechargeable or 312 battery models. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.
  • The A-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. These simple and comfortable hearing aids are controlled by buttons or handheld remote The A-Series is available in three performance levels: A-410, A-710 and A-920R. The A-920 is rechargeable. Prices start at $599 with a two-year warranty.
  • The C-Series is an invisible-in-canal (IIC) model suitable for mild to severe hearing loss. This model fits entirely into your ear canal, which makes it almost invisible. The hearing aid volume can be controlled by a free smartphone app or an optional remote. CROS and tinnitus programming is included on request. The C-Series is available in two performance levels: C-660 and C-860. Prices start at $949 with a three-year warranty.
X-SeriesA-SeriesC-Series
TypeBehind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Behind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Invisible-in-canal (CIC)
Hearing loss levelMild to profoundMild to profoundMild to severe
BluetoothIncluded (no remote required)With optional remoteNot available
PowerTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional battery
Tinnitus managerYesYesYes
Warranty3 years2 years3 years
PriceFrom $899/earFrom $599/earFrom $949/ear

Embrace Hearing prices

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids. Costs range from $1,198 to $2,598 per pair. Models are available in rechargeable and Bluetooth versions. Financing is available. Every hearing aid purchased comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards, domes and unlimited customer care for the life of the hearing aid. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

Price per pairFinancing cost
A-410$1,198$78/mo
A-710$1,798$117/mo
A-920R$2,198$143/mo
X-520$1,798$117/mo
X-920$2,398$156/mo
C-660$1,898$124/mo
C-860$2,498$163/mo

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. Embrace Hearing requires a customer to have a hearing test in order to program the hearing aids. You can send recent tests for a recommendation or have a new one done locally or online at the Embrace Hearing website.
  2. You can then reach out to Embrace. If you’re not sure which hearing aid to buy, you can consult with the Embrace audiology team. They look over your hearing test, ask you a few questions and make a recommendation.
  3. Once you purchase your hearing aid, it takes five to eight days to arrive. All adjustments are free of charge (including shipping) for the entire warranty period.

Embrace has a 45-day return policy if you aren’t satisfied with your hearing aid.

Embrace Q&A

Will my insurance cover Embrace hearing aids?
It's best to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative to understand your benefits. Embrace Hearing can help complete forms your insurance company provides in order for you to get your reimbursement.
Is there any charge if I return my hearing aids during the 45-day trial period?
No. Embrace will refund 100% of what you paid — no programming or re-stocking fees.
Are Embrace hearing aids custom programmed?
Yes. Embrace’s audiology team uses the results of your hearing test to program the hearing aids to match your personal level of hearing loss.
Do Embrace hearing aids help with tinnitus?
Yes. Embrace hearing aids can be equipped with a tinnitus manager white noise soundtrack you can turn on or off as required. In addition, since the X-Series connects directly to your phone, you can stream any preferred tinnitus apps directly to your hearing aids.
How long is the Embrace hearing aid warranty?
The X-Series and C-Series have a three-year warranty. The A- Series has a two-year warranty.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids for anyone who is looking to upgrade their current device. The company's website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about its products. The company also provides upfront pricing — you won't be surprised by your final cost. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a strong choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Hearing aids can get way out of control price-wise. Now that they changed the law about you didn't have to go to an audiologist to get a prescription, you can do it yourself and that took out the middleman. You're sent a hearing aid test on your phone and then you listen to it. When you hear sounds, you press a button. I did Google searches and Embrace Hearing had a nice website. They were also upfront about costs, and the price was fair. They were competitive with others. First, I talked to a salesman and then we talked about what product might work for me. I made a decision and then after that, a lady got in touch with me. She called me and she stayed very close in touch until everything was okay with me.

The representatives were terrific and the customer support was excellent. I got the one that goes over the ear. It has Bluetooth and I definitely like it. I found when I used it though, the sound of the TV was a little overwhelming. Still, that's not a bad thing. If you had trouble hearing the TV, you could definitely hear it with the Bluetooth. My hearing aids are great, but I don't use it every day. This one doesn't run on batteries. I have to charge it and if I forget to do that, then I don't have it for the day. I find that I only use it when necessary, when I go to a movie or when I'm having lunch with people where I need to hear what they're saying closely.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

After I've been diagnosed with severe hearing loss, I have used other products and I'm still not satisfied. I went online, I Googled. I saw Embrace Hearing four years ago, but I ended up buying from somebody else and it's also a Unitron product and I'm very happy. However, I saw an advertisement online. Embrace has Bluetooth and I just wanna try. So I went back and I checked and they have the unit that I like. At that time, they had a 10% discount. It would end up a little less than the company I previously used. So I liked it and I bought it. I have 110% good experience with them. I sent them my audio and I took the hearing test online. Somebody called me right away.

The gentleman on the phone walked me through and he was really very helpful and very gentle. I purchased and they sent them to me, and less than 24 hours after I received, someone called and did the follow-up to see if I have I charged it or if I have any questions. Three months after that, one of my hearing aid did not light up at all. I sent in the question, then the following day there was a doctor calling me back and she asked me a few questions and she thought the charger case was an issue with my hearing aid. So she went ahead and ordered. I waited for a few days, I didn't hear, but I received a letter from Unitron. Unitron said, "It's in backorder. We'll send it to you as soon as we get it."Another few days after I got the charger, I plugged it in. I put it in my hearing aid. I called the doctor. I left a message and I told her that everything worked.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I have moderate hearing loss. I checked reviews and found that Embrace had very good ones based on other people who used them. And Embrace backed those reviews up. Their customer service was excellent. In this day and age, customer service seems to be falling away by the wayside, especially on the internet. Tim was my rep and he walked me through the process. I had Embrace before by another company but that company went out of business or for some reason I wasn't able to get ahold of it. But the people worked with me and did what I needed to do by insurance. They called several times since I had them to see how I'm doing. I've had them since the first part of May. So far, they're okay.

If I were to do things over again, I probably would've spent a little extra money for the rechargeable batteries. This particular style I have has Bluetooth and it seems to wear the batteries out extremely fast. That's the only downside of it. Otherwise, I enjoy being able to use the Bluetooth as far as with conversations on phone even though it takes its toll on normal air batteries.

Embrace Hearing response

Hi Michael - Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Just to clarify, Embrace Hearing aids have only ever been sold by Embrace Hearing and the hearing aids you just purchased from us were your first set. If you believe you purchased a set from somewhere else, call us and we can help get them repaired. We have been in business since 2011.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The company was founded by my nephew. It was an educational project at Harvard Business School. The one who started it is my wife's brother's son. There was a business opportunity, and an interesting model that he developed as a student, and it worked out. He sold it and I have maintained contact with the new owner. I'm on my second set of hearing aids from them. I take good care of them. I had my first set for about five years. And in the past four months, I got a new set because the old set was getting older and I wanted the Bluetooth connectivity. The representatives of all kinds have been enormously helpful.

The technology of the signal processing is improved such that noisy background is better handled by the hearing aids. My older ones didn't have Bluetooth. My phone is Bluetooth and it's connected to my hearing aids, which is a nice thing. The other huge advantage for me is that my wife has perfect hearing. The television set to the appropriate volume was way too loud for her, but not loud enough for me. So, I stream from the TV into my hearing aids. I turn them down pretty low and I just pick up the high pitched sounds that I miss. So, I don't use subtitles anymore.

The Bluetooth has been a real game-changer. I was a little skeptical. I have a nice relationship with the new owner and he said, "Well, try them. If you don't like it, you can send them back." I didn't think twice about sending him back after the first couple of days. As a physician in this small community, everybody knows me and I know everybody. So, they ask me questions about the hearing aids and I sent Embrace a bunch of customers because I'm very happy with the product and the service. The turnaround for repair is very fast.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I've had hearing aids in the past and the ones I've had in my head weren’t working very well, and the company went out of business, so they couldn’t help me anymore. So, I went to an audiologist there and I found a local doctor here that I've been seeing several times, but it was $7,500 for hearing aids. I couldn’t afford them and the insurance didn’t pay for then, so I had to work around some stuff. I saw Embrace online through a Facebook ad and sent them my report. They said they could help me and then, cost was a factor as well when we decided on them.

The customer service with Embrace was great but I had to send the hearing aids back three times. The first time I sent it back, they didn’t correct the problem. So, I had to send them back again and they had to fix it. Then they had to send them back to Embrace to reprogram. The two times I sent it back, it got sent back to the original manufacturer for a problem and when I did, they FedEx-ed everything so it was a one day process. When I dealt with Embrace and had to come back from there, it went to US Postal Service and it took several days. So, they need to consider the fact that you’re out of hearing aids for several days. If you do next day, it’s better. The hearing aids have been in the mail longer than I’ve had them in my head but I’m not complaining about the customer service because they’ve been in contact with me every step of the way.

Right now, I’m trying to get used to hearing sounds again and my left ear is worse than my right ear. I have tinnitus where I have ringing in my ear, so they were dealing with that and we’ve been adjusting the volume up on my left ear, which is why I have them now. So, I’ve been wearing them probably about a week now since I got them back and so far, they seem to be good. I'm hoping they got it squared away.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

When I've called a few times, they've answered quickly. They've called a couple of times to see the progress on the hearing aids. I was a little bit worried that as people age, their hearing gets even worse. They assured me that I could send them back in and increase the hearing levels whenever I needed it. I was worried about rechargeable batteries and they can be replaced during the warranty period for nothing. But they can be replaced for not all that expensive after the warranty period too. That made me feel better too. I considered other hearing aids too. A lot of people like the in-the-canal ones but I have a kind of an odd-shaped canal so I would have difficulty having it. But the over-the-ear with mask right now is a real pain. Overall, Embrace was reasonable and they had good service.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I previously had hearing aids through another company. After a course of three or four years, one of them needed to be repaired. When I got it back from repair, they gave me entirely the wrong hearing aids and refused to admit to it. So I had since decided not to deal with them again. I went online and heard other people that got units online, and they thought that they were fairly decent, and the fact that they didn't get obviously person to person contact which was the only issue from other people I had emailed back and forth with.

I saw advertisements about Embrace and I talked to them previously about my hearing loss. They said that the aids are preprogrammed to whatever my hearing test is, just like my previous ones were. At that time, I went and I got a hearing test from an independent outfit and sent that to them. They programmed my hearing aids and I got them within two days. The place was really good. Everything that they said, they did. In general, they walked me through a lot of stuff and I said I already knew that because I had hearing aids before. But they let me know their whole procedures and how things would pan out. I've had them for a couple of months now and I'm very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Embrace Hearing has the product I wanted. Their salesperson walked me through the whole system. I looked at a couple of others also and Embrace had good reviews. Everybody was kind and friendly. They called on the follow-up call after I had them for a week and sent me some replacement pieces. They're doing everything they were supposed to do. They were trying different types of sleeves, to find the right fit for my ear canal. Then they sent me a pack of the ones that worked for me at no cost. Also, the case was damaged and there's been a new case. Everything has been fine. I'm very happy. Especially in a room, watching television, where before I would just hear mumbles and wouldn't say anything, now, I can actually hear what people are saying. It makes a big difference. It's a lifestyle change.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

The hearing aids work great for my mother. She had lost so many hearing aids and I didn't wanna go into $3,000 and $4,000. We got her Miracle-Ear and then we got her another set of hearing aids, and nothing worked hardly at all. But the ones we got through Embrace were great. We had a horrible time before they came. I was very pleased with the cost and the quality of the hearing aids. The reps were very, very good about getting back to me. They even called me afterwards to see how it was. I was overly impressed. It was a very good experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I found Embrace and a few others from a Google search list of best hearing aids for Bluetooth and noisy settings. I decided to go with Embrace because I like how you can have four different programs on it. I also really liked the Bluetooth feature and how you can connect it to a TV and still play through the hearing aid in the TV so that it doesn't bother other people.

The reps were great. Right after I placed my order, I got a call from them. They asked if I had any questions, went through the process of ordering, sending my hearing test and how they would be programming them. Then they gave me a call or an email to check-in at every step of the way, like when it was sent out, when they were programming it, after it got here, to see how I was doing.

With Embrace, I can hear a lot more and I don't have to have people repeat things nearly as often. I work with child care type center and it's made it a lot easier to hear the kiddos when they're trying to talk to me. It also tunes out extra background noise a little bit. I can still hear all of it, but it's not as amplified as the higher frequencies are. Now, I'm going to return them for a sec in a few days to change to a different program. I'm going to get it set so that I can use the telecoil on it. Embrace is doing great.

Embrace Hearing Company Information