2. Elder Care
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.58/5

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business (based in the USA with shipping worldwide), they are able to deliver the latest hearing aid technology starting at $799/ear. All of their hearing aids are custom programmed by their Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test. Simply call them or send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing, and their experienced team will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Select from models offering rechargeability, direct phone and TV streaming and invisible-in-the-canal styles. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free trial period (guaranteed satisfaction or 100% of your money back), free shipping, a full 3-year manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited phone and email support for as long as you own the aids.

BOTTOM LINE

Embrace Hearing offers behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal hearing aids in multiple performance levels and colors. The company is online only and has fair, transparent pricing, 2- or 3-year warranties and friendly customer service.

PROS

• 45-day free trial
  • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
  • Custom audiology programming

CONS

• Online only

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite feature is the service, which is always courteous ... I'm very impressed with that.

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are.

Embrace Hearing Call Now Toll Free (844) 832-5401 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace offers three hearing aid models. All Embrace models come with the ability to detect your environment and automatically adjust for it. Tinnitus management software is available on all models.

• The X-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model pairs directly to iPhone or Android smartphones for hands-free phone calls. Tinnitus programming is included on request. The X-Series is available in two performance levels (X-520 and X-920). Both levels come in rechargeable or 312 battery models. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.
  • The A-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. These simple and comfortable hearing aids are controlled by buttons or handheld remote The A-Series is available in three performance levels: A-410, A-710 and A-920R. The A-920 is rechargeable. Prices start at $599 with a two-year warranty.
  • The C-Series is an invisible-in-canal (IIC) model suitable for mild to severe hearing loss. This model fits entirely into your ear canal, which makes it almost invisible. The hearing aid volume can be controlled by a free smartphone app or an optional remote. CROS and tinnitus programming is included on request. The C-Series is available in two performance levels: C-660 and C-860. Prices start at $949 with a three-year warranty.
X-SeriesA-SeriesC-Series
TypeBehind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Behind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Invisible-in-canal (CIC)
Hearing loss levelMild to profoundMild to profoundMild to severe
BluetoothIncluded (no remote required)With optional remoteNot available
PowerTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional battery
Tinnitus managerYesYesYes
Warranty3 years2 years3 years
PriceFrom $899/earFrom $599/earFrom $949/ear

Embrace Hearing prices

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids. Costs range from $1,198 to $2,598 per pair. Models are available in rechargeable and Bluetooth versions. Financing is available. Every hearing aid purchased comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards, domes and unlimited customer care for the life of the hearing aid. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

Price per pairFinancing cost
A-410$1,198$78/mo
A-710$1,798$117/mo
A-920R$2,198$143/mo
X-520$1,798$117/mo
X-920$2,398$156/mo
C-660$1,898$124/mo
C-860$2,498$163/mo

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. Embrace Hearing requires a customer to have a hearing test in order to program the hearing aids. You can send recent tests for a recommendation or have a new one done locally or online at the Embrace Hearing website.
  2. You can then reach out to Embrace. If you’re not sure which hearing aid to buy, you can consult with the Embrace audiology team. They look over your hearing test, ask you a few questions and make a recommendation.
  3. Once you purchase your hearing aid, it takes five to eight days to arrive. All adjustments are free of charge (including shipping) for the entire warranty period.

Embrace has a 45-day return policy if you aren’t satisfied with your hearing aid.

Embrace Q&A

Will my insurance cover Embrace hearing aids?
It's best to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative to understand your benefits. Embrace Hearing can help complete forms your insurance company provides in order for you to get your reimbursement.
Is there any charge if I return my hearing aids during the 45-day trial period?
No. Embrace will refund 100% of what you paid — no programming or re-stocking fees.
Are Embrace hearing aids custom programmed?
Yes. Embrace’s audiology team uses the results of your hearing test to program the hearing aids to match your personal level of hearing loss.
Do Embrace hearing aids help with tinnitus?
Yes. Embrace hearing aids can be equipped with a tinnitus manager white noise soundtrack you can turn on or off as required. In addition, since the X-Series connects directly to your phone, you can stream any preferred tinnitus apps directly to your hearing aids.
How long is the Embrace hearing aid warranty?
The X-Series and C-Series have a three-year warranty. The A- Series has a two-year warranty.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids for anyone who is looking to upgrade their current device. The company's website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about its products. The company also provides upfront pricing — you won't be surprised by your final cost. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a strong choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The company was founded by my nephew. It was an educational project at Harvard Business School. The one who started it is my wife's brother's son. There was a business opportunity, and an interesting model that he developed as a student, and it worked out. He sold it and I have maintained contact with the new owner. I'm on my second set of hearing aids from them. I take good care of them. I had my first set for about five years. And in the past four months, I got a new set because the old set was getting older and I wanted the Bluetooth connectivity. The representatives of all kinds have been enormously helpful.

The technology of the signal processing is improved such that noisy background is better handled by the hearing aids. My older ones didn't have Bluetooth. My phone is Bluetooth and it's connected to my hearing aids, which is a nice thing. The other huge advantage for me is that my wife has perfect hearing. The television set to the appropriate volume was way too loud for her, but not loud enough for me. So, I stream from the TV into my hearing aids. I turn them down pretty low and I just pick up the high pitched sounds that I miss. So, I don't use subtitles anymore.

The Bluetooth has been a real game-changer. I was a little skeptical. I have a nice relationship with the new owner and he said, "Well, try them. If you don't like it, you can send them back." I didn't think twice about sending him back after the first couple of days. As a physician in this small community, everybody knows me and I know everybody. So, they ask me questions about the hearing aids and I sent Embrace a bunch of customers because I'm very happy with the product and the service. The turnaround for repair is very fast.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I've had hearing aids in the past and the ones I've had in my head weren’t working very well, and the company went out of business, so they couldn’t help me anymore. So, I went to an audiologist there and I found a local doctor here that I've been seeing several times, but it was $7,500 for hearing aids. I couldn’t afford them and the insurance didn’t pay for then, so I had to work around some stuff. I saw Embrace online through a Facebook ad and sent them my report. They said they could help me and then, cost was a factor as well when we decided on them.

The customer service with Embrace was great but I had to send the hearing aids back three times. The first time I sent it back, they didn’t correct the problem. So, I had to send them back again and they had to fix it. Then they had to send them back to Embrace to reprogram. The two times I sent it back, it got sent back to the original manufacturer for a problem and when I did, they FedEx-ed everything so it was a one day process. When I dealt with Embrace and had to come back from there, it went to US Postal Service and it took several days. So, they need to consider the fact that you’re out of hearing aids for several days. If you do next day, it’s better. The hearing aids have been in the mail longer than I’ve had them in my head but I’m not complaining about the customer service because they’ve been in contact with me every step of the way.

Right now, I’m trying to get used to hearing sounds again and my left ear is worse than my right ear. I have tinnitus where I have ringing in my ear, so they were dealing with that and we’ve been adjusting the volume up on my left ear, which is why I have them now. So, I’ve been wearing them probably about a week now since I got them back and so far, they seem to be good. I'm hoping they got it squared away.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I knew I was one to get a hearing aid so I did a fairly detailed review of all the over-the-counter hearing aid companies. I basically looked at the things that I wanted taken care of with the hearing aid. I wanted to make sure there was digital signal processing, noise cancellation, tinnitus, programming, Bluetooth and a bunch of other things. I found that the S-710 model was at par with a lot of the very high-end hearing aids that are worth thousands more and it had all the features I was looking for. Then I saw that the consumer satisfaction was very high with Embrace. The price was a little more than I wanted to pay but I managed to get them on the Christmas special with 15% off and that seemed pretty reasonable.

I was wanting to get the hearing aids during the 15% off but I ran into problems getting a hearing test scheduled and then getting the results of the hearing test. It took me about a month to get the hearing test to Embrace. But they were very patient. Afterwards, I had a question on getting the Bluetooth to work and Tim, the customer service rep, took me through that. It was on a Saturday too. So all in all, I’ve been very satisfied with customer service. They basically filled me with kindness.

I wear the hearing aids everyday for most of the waking hours and I’m very pleased. I really like the way that the Bluetooth works with my mobile phone. I only have to press one button and I get to talk on the phone and the reception is very clear. It’s great. I also bought the TV plug-in thing and what I figured out, which wasn’t advertised, is that I can plug that into my computer and listen to my computer without the need for headphones or a speaker. I’ve been listening to music on that and that is really great. But I’d really like to be able to do that on my phone too.

If I could listen, streaming music, from my phone via Bluetooth, that would be pretty cool. The way it is set up though is the app allows you to control the settings via Bluetooth but the only Bluetooth that works with sound in your ear is when you get a phone call. I also listen to audiobooks and I tried listening to an audiobook directly from my phone but I couldn’t do it. Nonetheless, I love my Embrace hearing aids.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I have hearing loss all the way across especially in higher frequencies and I was looking for some hearing aids that cut down the noise of distractions. It was distracting to hear so much sound from refrigerators, our furnace, the wind and all kinds of things so I got to where I didn’t wear the first hearing aids that I got. I tried some other ones and they increased hearing all across the board, but they weren’t suited for the kind of hearing that I needed. I didn’t wear hearing aids for quite a while which didn’t help with my wife. So I got online and I started searching for hearing aids that would not pick up background sound quite so much and I decided on buying from Embrace.

The customer service is good and they've tried to deal with everything I've raised as best they could. I just about called them the other day because I have a connection that I like for both my computer and my TV which works most of the time, but sometimes it doesn’t. But if you wait a little while, they’ll work. It hooks straight to my hearing aid, so that I can listen to my computer or the TV and my wife doesn’t hear it. I came to the computer and it wasn’t working. I tried several times. I tried to call them, but their line was busy. Then I put my hand up my ear and I didn't have my hearing aids in so that was why it wasn’t working.

I like the hearing aids and I have been putting them in in the morning and taking them out at night. I got the best that they sold and the big thing is, I don’t pick up the background noise so much. It’s not perfect yet but it’s so much better than my other ones. I’m happy with them as well as my wife, which is a big thing. It’s not that we always hear each other but it’s not just a continual problem anymore either. These hearing aids from Embrace are working for me. To get the quality of hearing aid that I have would cost me more than double if I went in a normal way. Embrace is making a lot of progress in hearing aids so I don’t have a problem with them. My brother has hearing problems that are worse than I do and he doesn’t wear hearing aids. I kinda wanted him to try some of mine and see how he likes them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have had hearing loss for a long time since my mid-20’s. I used to be a musician prior to going into my career, so I have had hearing aids. I started off with the in-the-canal hearing aids which I bought at an exorbitant price from an audiologist. Then, I had other hearing aids that I bought over time. Because of the cost and the fact that they are not covered under insurance, I have started buying them online. I started buying the ones that were not customized to my particular hearing loss and they were okay. I could not tell that big a difference when I got them from the eight to nine times as much for what I was paying in an audiologist’s office. So, when I saw that Embrace would actually be able to use my audiogram to custom-tune my hearing aids to my hearing loss, I wanted to give it a shot.

With it, I have noticed that I can listen to conversations better as well as understand speech better. The other ones were not amplifying the higher frequencies enough for my personal loss, and it made a big difference when I got this one from Embrace. So, I have been very happy with them. The ability to adjust it to my specific needs and the fact that I do not have to switch between programs because it automatically switches based on the environment I am in are helpful. Their customer service is also very good. I have had a follow up call from one of their physicians. They asked me some question, and they did very good and were very helpful. Comparing them to my audiologist, I never got a follow up call from him. I'm going to try the miniature all the way in-the-canal ones in the future, but I like the more natural sound I get with the behind-the-ear.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I previously had hearing aids through another company. After a course of three or four years, one of them needed to be repaired. When I got it back from repair, they gave me entirely the wrong hearing aids and refused to admit to it. So I had since decided not to deal with them again. I went online and heard other people that got units online, and they thought that they were fairly decent, and the fact that they didn't get obviously person to person contact which was the only issue from other people I had emailed back and forth with.

I saw advertisements about Embrace and I talked to them previously about my hearing loss. They said that the aids are preprogrammed to whatever my hearing test is, just like my previous ones were. At that time, I went and I got a hearing test from an independent outfit and sent that to them. They programmed my hearing aids and I got them within two days. The place was really good. Everything that they said, they did. In general, they walked me through a lot of stuff and I said I already knew that because I had hearing aids before. But they let me know their whole procedures and how things would pan out. I've had them for a couple of months now and I'm very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I found Embrace and a few others from a Google search list of best hearing aids for Bluetooth and noisy settings. I decided to go with Embrace because I like how you can have four different programs on it. I also really liked the Bluetooth feature and how you can connect it to a TV and still play through the hearing aid in the TV so that it doesn't bother other people.

The reps were great. Right after I placed my order, I got a call from them. They asked if I had any questions, went through the process of ordering, sending my hearing test and how they would be programming them. Then they gave me a call or an email to check-in at every step of the way, like when it was sent out, when they were programming it, after it got here, to see how I was doing.

With Embrace, I can hear a lot more and I don't have to have people repeat things nearly as often. I work with child care type center and it's made it a lot easier to hear the kiddos when they're trying to talk to me. It also tunes out extra background noise a little bit. I can still hear all of it, but it's not as amplified as the higher frequencies are. Now, I'm going to return them for a sec in a few days to change to a different program. I'm going to get it set so that I can use the telecoil on it. Embrace is doing great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I researched hearing aids, trying to get the best price with good quality and we went to doctors. I started looking online and I found Embrace Hearing. Ordering the hearing aid was seamless. My mother-in-law had some questions and the doctor guided her through everything. She had to get a new wire because the hearing aid was short. Sometimes, if she wears both of them, she gets an echo so she gotta adjust the sound. She still has the ringing in one ear and we were told that when she had the hearing aids on, she wouldn't have that. But we're going to the doctor for that. After the order, the assistance that she got was great. Everything was very well-handled.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello Kim - Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I think we have already resolved these issues but we are going to you the Audiologist that programmed your hearing aids call you tomorrow.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I have moderate hearing loss. I checked reviews and found that Embrace had very good ones based on other people who used them. And Embrace backed those reviews up. Their customer service was excellent. In this day and age, customer service seems to be falling away by the wayside, especially on the internet. Tim was my rep and he walked me through the process. I had Embrace before by another company but that company went out of business or for some reason I wasn't able to get ahold of it. But the people worked with me and did what I needed to do by insurance. They called several times since I had them to see how I'm doing. I've had them since the first part of May. So far, they're okay.

If I were to do things over again, I probably would've spent a little extra money for the rechargeable batteries. This particular style I have has Bluetooth and it seems to wear the batteries out extremely fast. That's the only downside of it. Otherwise, I enjoy being able to use the Bluetooth as far as with conversations on phone even though it takes its toll on normal air batteries.

Embrace Hearing response

Hi Michael - Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Just to clarify, Embrace Hearing aids have only ever been sold by Embrace Hearing and the hearing aids you just purchased from us were your first set. If you believe you purchased a set from somewhere else, call us and we can help get them repaired. We have been in business since 2011.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

The customer service is okay because I haven't gotten back with Embrace as much as I should. I got another hearing test because I was having a little bit of problem with the hearing aid as far as squealing goes. I still have that a little bit but that could be me. I am gonna call them back. I had the extra hearing test because what I sent them could have been off a little bit. But the last one I sent them was more precise. I also went back to where I had the hearing test and they got the codes and what they needed from Embrace. They tweaked them out a little bit better than they were, as far as to my hearing. What Embrace did was okay but it could have been a little bit better. It's not that they wouldn't have done it. They have been good and buying the hearing aids was easy. If I have a problem, I send them back and they send me another pair. They respond to everything I've been asking. I'm happy with Embrace.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello Julius - Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. I think we have already resolved all of your issues but if not, please call us anytime 7 days a week at (888) 929-9555

Embrace Hearing Company Information