toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I first contacted Embrace Hearing, I had just purchased Oticon hearing aids from an otolaryngology and audiology department at a major regional medical center. The interesting thing was that when I spoke with the representative at Embrace Hearing, he gave me a more intelligent explanation about hearing aids and current technology than the audiologist at the major medical center had 10 days earlier. I was very impressed by that, and that prompted me to go forward with purchasing them. Their surround sound technology work much better than what some of the other well-known hearing manufacturers have.

I was also surprised at how user-friendly it was to order these hearing aids online with excellent support from Embrace Hearing. I had questioned how they would be able to customize hearing aids for me as a patient when I was not having any face-to-face consultation with them. But I found that they readily surmounted that and I ended up feeling like I really did have custom treatment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been wearing my hearing aids for about 10 years and it was in need of changing out because it was six years old and I know that the technology has changed tremendously. I moved out of the state that I bought it from, so I couldn't take it to them to have a work done anymore. I did research and found that Embrace Hearing's price and that their service was exceptional and so I went with them.

I can only wear one hearing aid since I've no damage in the other ear. So, everything is garbled and if I put a hearing aid in that ear, it makes the garbling louder. The hearing aid also didn't work completely correct the first time. I have a very small ear canal. I tried it first using the smallest rubber tip and that was too much sound, I had a major screwing feedback. And so, I went to the next size and it was still a little bit too loud so I sent it back. Embrace made the adjustment and I've got it hooked up to my TV now and I can watch TV at night without disturbing my family. I'm extremely happy with it. Everything is working good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased the behind-the-ear hearing aid from Embrace Hearing. Its overall quality is excellent. Furthermore, it was fantastic with their team.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing is a very expensive hearing aid but the quality is great. The feature of its product is the reason I went with them. I got the one that goes completely in and around the ear. It has made my life better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had messed up and went with hear.com. I had a Resound LiNX and they could never make the Bluetooth work. Also, they could never get my hearing aids set right and I was missing work, driving all the way to New Albany. They had to send them back to the engineer. Moreover, the lady put me in the cheapest pair and that might have been a thing too because I got all these rattling and it made me feel nervous. Then my boyfriend researched and looked at reviews and he found Embrace. I got the tiny hearing aids that go in my ear and they're the best and high-end ones. They're also very comfortable and I can't even tell I have them on.

I have a SpeechBeam and uStream and my favorite feature is the Bluetooth. My left ear is about gone and with my work, I need to wear a Bluetooth. I already used a Bluetooth in the right ear and then we decided it would be best to go with both ears and they're doing great. Their customer service reps checked with me all the time and they're very good. Embrace has impacted my life tremendously. My boyfriend said we should have done this 30 years ago. I wish I can get the type of chargers and I don't have to change the batteries. It's not a big deal to change the batteries but that would be good to have. But as far as their technology, adjustment and getting them right, they did a great job. I love my hearing aids.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband saw Embrace Hearing online. He was researching because he was not happy with his level of hearing with his previous hearing aids. Someone recommended that he get a more updated improved hearing aid but the cost was astronomical and he needs to have two rather than one. And when he saw this German made hearing aid, what good reviews it had and the fact that it was small, he wanted to try it and see if it's going to work for him. He got the one that goes in his ear and has a little thing outside on the back of the ear. It had a very good price. My husband said he can almost get two of that for the price of what he paid for the one he got at Sam's hearing center. He loves that he is able to hear and he thought it was better than any of the previous ones that he had gotten. He's satisfied with it. It's not real big and bulky and he didn't have to fight it all the time like he did with his other ones. I'd recommend it to everybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace's service has been good and I've been very happy with them. I went with them because of their price, positive reviews and the initial phone call I had with them. Their hearing aids are working well and it’s good to be able to hear everything when wearing them. They're also half as expensive as what the audiologist wanted to sell me. With regards to the people at Embrace Hearing, they're very positive and helpful and very determined to make sure the customers get what they need. When I had an issue about changing my wax guard, they sent me an email with a video on how to fix it. They've been very responsive and have done everything they said they were going to do at each step of the way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm very happy with the guys at Embrace Hearing. The gentleman that I first talked to was terrific. He walked me through everything. I was gonna send back my hearing aids a week before my trial period was up but that salesman said he can do some adjustments and will give me two more weeks on my trial period. So after I sent it back, they did the adjustments, I got them back and they worked great. They increased the volume of the high-pitched frequencies which I cannot hear. Although sometimes it's tough for me to get used to the high-pitched sounds. They get a bit strong and I have to knock the volume down a little. But other than that, the hearing aids have been good and I've been wearing them every day.

Hi Karl

We are sorry you are having some trouble with your left hearing aids. These are very good hearing aids so there should be no 'pinging', ever. We will contact you today to resolve this.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Going with Embrace Hearing was a good experience. However, my left ear pings all the time for some odd reason and I haven’t had a chance to call in yet to find out what causes that. I've been flying a lot, but when I wear my hearing aid it starts okay and then it seems to adjust then starts pinging. My problem is when I sit in a meeting, some people mumble and I have a hard time hearing no matter what I do. Other than that, my right side works good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was being quoted very high prices by local audiologists. I realized that I was gonna have to purchase these hearing aids every four or five years. So, it was going to represent a significant expense. And so, I decided to research this online and found Embrace Hearing and read very positive reviews. I then got the premium hearing aids from them. However, I had an issue at the very beginning and I wound up speaking for about 45 minutes with one of their representatives. I was very impressed. Tim was his name and he was an extremely effective communicator. I had to send the hearing aids back for adjustment and they did so very easily. Everything was perfect.

Since having the hearing aids, the people around me don’t have to speak quite as loudly. The hearing aids are very comfortable and in fact, I even forget that they’re in. And after the adjustment, everything is working perfectly. I’m still adjusting on my left ear as I just changed it yesterday, but those are just minor adjustments. I highly recommend Embrace Hearing not only because of the quality of its product but particularly because of the quality of their service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since having Embrace hearing aids, I can hear people behind me and differentiate where the sound is coming from. Overall, it's amazing to me. The technical help is great and I love it. I definitely recommend Embrace.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Embrace 700 series hearing aids work really well. I get a much sharper, clearer sound with it. And my go-to guy, Tim, has been awesome. He is over the top as far as customer service. When I was fumbling because I didn’t know about the product and there were so many little nuances, he walked me through everything and was very good about it, so I'm really happy. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna recommend them to my mother-in-law.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The team at Embrace Hearing has been very friendly and wonderful and they try their best to help me. Tim was very helpful and I’ve got to call him back and work on the hearing aids. I got the right one where it will go in correctly but they're not exactly right yet. I'm still new to it and they're not working exactly right as far as the sound and they're not as comfortable like they should be. Sometimes it's too loud and sometimes, it's not loud enough.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a very good response from Embrace Hearing. Tim, the sales person, seems to know a lot about hearing aids and he was responsive so I decided to go with them. Also, they were able to order over the internet. My wife seems to think I don't ask her to repeat things very often and that was the main reason for getting the hearing aids. Life is a lot better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the endorsements that Embrace Hearing had so I researched them on the internet then decided to get my hearing aid from them. The cost and the quality of their aids are good too. However, I had to send the remote back one time. But they were able to sell me another one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to have Miracle-Ear and they're really costly. They were quoting me new hearing aids for more than twice the price. I like Embrace Hearing's price and they have very good reviews which was impressive. So, I went with them. So far, I've been very happy with them. I still got some technical issues I needed to work out, but I find them responsive. I really like their hearing aids. They helped me a lot.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Reviews online showed that Embrace Hearing products have better quality than some of the other places that we looked at. I had tried hearing aid two years ago from a place and it was very crappy and I wasn't satisfied. Then I got H-300 from Embrace Hearing. It's nice and small, fits nicely, and doesn't really get noticed. Customer service was really good and helpful when ordering for the first time. Even the speed of shipping was good. It's been an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Embrace Hearing online and the reviews are good. I tried looking into the other hearing aids, went to an office and talked to somebody. They were much more expensive, like three times the cost. I got my hearing aid from Embrace Hearing and their team was good as well as the product. My hearing is not perfect, it still has some trouble in restaurants but it is better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched in the internet and had multiple providers to choose from but what got me on Embrace Hearing were the reviews that I had read and the ease of their site, which I liked. Then I called and spoke with somebody and that conversation seemed to answer all my questions. It was rather easy, the cost was reasonable and I liked the technology that I was reading about. A few weeks in, I sensed that something wasn't right but they helped me to stay the course and wait until the automatic adjustment period was over. Now that I'm past that, we're fine. It was more about me getting used to the whole thing. I have recommended Embrace Hearing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace had a 60-day trial and they were rated high and have a lot of good reviews. So we decided, "Well, what the heck, try it and if they didn't work then send them back." It turned out that they worked out better than the ones that I've seen double the price on. My mother is 89 and she hears better with them. The hearing aids she had before weren't doing a good job. We had actually bought another set from my ear doctor that we compared Embrace to. She couldn't figure out where the battery is and the battery only lasted about three days. We paid five grand for a pair and we ended up taking those back. With Embrace Hearing, she can find the battery and they last for a week. So far, so good.

Embrace Hearing

Hello Thomas - We were sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with your LEFT ear. We will contact you today to get this corrected.

Embrace Hearing

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I was reading things online and buying the hearing aids from retail was twice as much money so I went with Embrace Hearing. I got the one that got the piece that's behind your ear and then the little tube comes around and the thing goes into your ear canal. I noticed a little bit of difference. But I have a very difficult time getting it in my right ear and keeping it in there. I think the problem is the shape of my ear canal on my right side. I have to wiggle it around. By the time I do that, it gets cockeyed and when I wear them regularly, my right ear starts getting sore and tender inside even after changing out the tips. Sometimes, when it does stay in there, it's uncomfortable. But the left ear works fine.

Hi Don

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to post a review at Consumer Affairs. We greatly appreciate this.

Regarding the feedback you have mentioned, properly fitted high performance hearing aids will never have feedback so we think there might be an issue with fit on you LEFT ear. We have a number of suggestions to resolve this (and we will get it resolved). We will call you Monday to discuss them.

Best regards

embrace hearing

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

When I decided to get hearing aids, I did a lot of research and everything I was looking at was $5,000-$10,000, which was insane. I came to the conclusion that Embrace's product was as good as anybody else's and about half the money for the premium. Based on that and the conversations I had with the rep, I decided that Embrace was the way I was going to go.

The TV wars with my wife and being in a noisy situation, I was missing out on a lot of conversation with people 'cause of all the background noise. The hearing aids helped out a lot. It's less stressful because I'm not always saying "Excuse me, could you repeat that?" I also spend a lot of time in hotel rooms 'cause I travel extensively. I've had a guy come knock on the door and said my TV was too loud. But that is gone. I still have the TV a little louder than normal but it's much better now than what it used to be.

However, I seem to get more feedback on my left ear. Sometimes in the evening it will be really bad. What I did was I took the little rubber cone on the speaker and switched it out from the one with all holes around it to one that has hardly any holes. It seems to have helped but it's weird because when I close them and put them in my ear, the right one sounds louder than the left one. Right now, it's fine. If I take the remote and turn the hearing aids down two notches, that seems to eliminate a lot of the problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought Embrace Hearing for my mom and dad. I like the quality and the advanced features of the particular stuff that we bought. It has made a huge difference to my dad and my mom's hearing is better, but she had one previously. Nevertheless, it's improved her hearing a little bit but not significantly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a pair of hearing aids and a Bluetooth remote from Embrace Hearing. They work great and I'm pleased with the product and service that I've gotten from them. Price-wise they were wonderful because it's about half of the ones that I had quoted to me locally and the product is almost exactly the same. I bought two of them for the price of one so I'm extremely happy with them. I accidentally washed my remote one day and they contacted me right off the bat and told me what I needed. They were Johnny on the spot and I send them right out to them and they sent them right back. It took me no time at all to get them and that was at Christmas time, and I was excited that it went so easily. Now I can hear my grandchildren which was a problem before. I only wish they were local, but overall I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the quality of Embrace Hearing's hearing aid and what the reviews and people have said about it. The cost was a little bit more but I was willing to pay for a better product. I called their customer service team once about the back feed of the hearing aid and the interactions went great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing seemed to have a good reputation so I went with them. The cost was a big factor as well. I purchased my xMini hearing aids from them. I've been wearing hearing aids for many years, but it was the first time I've purchased them online. I'm no longer wearing the xMini, though. I'm wearing the newer model. The xMini could not be repaired even though it was within the warranty period. So, Embrace gave me the newer model hearing aids that they're selling now, which I was very grateful for. Embrace's audiologists are top-notch and their customer service has been really outstanding, and I've recommended them to other people that I know.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband got a great hearing loss. It was hard for him to hear and the hearing aids from Embrace Hearing helps him communicate better, deal with people, and even watch TV. We're in a small rural town in Northern California and Embrace didn't have anything local here. But my husband still went with them even though there were other options available, and they've been very helpful and nice to deal with. They were always there for him if he needs them and it's nice that they get back to him online. We'd definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Model 300 hearing aid from Embrace Hearing seemed to be the reasonable choice. It was less expensive and was comparable with the qualities of the products of the various makers, or even better than the others. I had to send the hearing aids in for adjustments not too long ago and just recently got them back. They seem to work well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a hearing aid that I didn't want to pay the full audiologist fees. And I didn't want to get one that was shipped from a warehouse or I couldn't have somebody program it and help me if I needed help. Embrace seemed a good fit for being able to get a reasonable price, but also have it programmed. And then, I've read all the reviews online. They always talk about good customer service, so I took a chance.

The quality of Embrace is as good as the ones I had before. My only issue is it's sloppy on my ear and I had them shorten the wire or they taught me how to do it. It might be because I got a bigger one with a volume 'cause I wanted the volume control. If I take my glasses on and off, it comes off pretty easily. But other than that, the sound quality is fine. Their rep also always follows up and responds.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing is excellent and everything has been positive so far. This is the sixth time I have tried to switch from analog hearing aids to digital and this is the first time I've been successful. Their customer service is excellent. They're very prompt in responding. I would recommend them easily. In fact, the reason I tried them was because of the reviews and what the people say is true. I have a very severe hearing loss and I'm not easy to fit. I have to have the high-end ones everywhere I go and I've worn them for about 30 years now because I got them very young and it's hard to switch from an analog hearing aids because the sounds are so different, but they were switched successfully and I can hardly tell the difference.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the number 7 from Embrace Hearing. It's the top of the line. They had all the features I was looking for at the best price. I was satisfied with my interactions with their sales team and so far, I'm doing fine with it.

Embrace Hearing Company Profile