Get Pricing

2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.6/5 (40 ratings)

About Embrace Hearing

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business that is based in the U.S. with shipping worldwide), the company delivers the latest hearing aid technology starting at $899 per ear.

Pros

• 45-day free trial
    • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
    • Custom audiology programming

Cons

• Online only

Bottom Line

Embrace Hearing offers behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal hearing aids in multiple performance levels and colors. The company is online only and has fair, transparent pricing, three-year warranties and friendly customer service.

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite fe...

Verified

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've als...

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace models

Embrace Hearing offers the two most common hearing aid styles: behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal. All of the company's hearing aids are custom programmed to your hearing and come with a three-year warranty.

• The X-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model pairs directly to iPhone or Android smartphones for hands-free phone calls. Tinnitus programming is included on request. The X-Series is available in two performance levels (X-550 and X-950). Both levels come in rechargeable or 312 battery models. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.
    • The C-Series is a completely-in-canal (CIC) model suitable for mild to severe hearing loss. This model fits entirely into your ear canal, which makes it almost invisible. The hearing aid volume can be controlled by a free smartphone app or an optional remote. CROS and tinnitus programming is included on request. The C-Series is available in two performance levels: C-540 and C-940. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.

All Embrace hearing aids are custom programmed to your hearing test by the company's licensed audiologists. A hearing test serves as your prescription and provides the precise data required to meet your hearing needs.

You can provide a test from any local audiology clinic or take the free online test on Embrace Hearing's website.

X-SeriesC-Series
    TypeBehind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Invisible-in-canal (CIC)
    Hearing loss levelMild to profoundMild to severe
    BluetoothIncluded (no remote required)Not available
    PowerTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional battery
    Tinnitus managerYesYes
    Warranty3 years3 years
    PriceFrom $899/earFrom $899/ear

Embrace hearing aid prices

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids. Costs range from $1,898 to $2,498 per pair. Models are available in rechargeable and Bluetooth versions. Financing is available.

Every hearing aid purchased comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards, domes and unlimited customer care for the life of the hearing aid. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

Price per pairFinancing cost (36 months)
    X-550$1,898$67/month
    X-950$2,498$88/month
    C-540$1,898$67/month
    C-940$2,498$88/mo

All prices are accurate as of the time of publication.

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. Embrace Hearing requires a customer to have a hearing test in order to program the hearing aids. You can send recent tests for a recommendation or have a new one done locally or online at the Embrace Hearing website. Embrace has partnered with SonicCloud to create an exceptionally accurate hearing test that takes about 10 minutes and can be done from your home with any Android or Apple device and a set of earbuds.
    2. Once you provide your test, Embrace Hearing's audiology team reviews it and provides you with a written recommendation. The team also follows up with you by phone to answer any questions.
    3. Once you purchase your hearing aid, it takes five to eight days to arrive. All adjustments are free of charge (including shipping) for the entire warranty period.

Embrace has a 45-day trial period to ensure you're satisfied with your hearing aid.

Embrace FAQ

It's best to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative to understand your benefits. Embrace Hearing can help complete forms your insurance company provides in order for you to get your reimbursement.
    No. Embrace will refund 100% of what you paid — no programming or re-stocking fees.
    Yes. Embrace’s audiology team uses the results of your hearing test to program the hearing aids to match your personal level of hearing loss.
    Yes. Embrace hearing aids are all equipped with a tinnitus manager white noise soundtrack you can turn on or off as required. In addition, since the X-Series connects directly to your phone, you can stream any preferred tinnitus apps directly to your hearing aids.
    The X-Series and C-Series have a three-year warranty.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids for anyone who is looking to upgrade their current device. The company's website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about its products. The company also provides upfront pricing — you won't be surprised by your final cost. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a strong choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I went to my ear, nose, and throat doctor and we did a comprehensive hearing analysis. I have a noticed hearing loss. When the time came to price out a set of hearing aids, they ranged between $5,000 and $7,300 for the pair. We researched on the net and found Embrace. I have the top-of-the-line hearing aids, AU3950 and it's a quality program that Embrace offers. I bought the set for $2,500, which is half the cost of the low-end hearing aids that the ENT specialist offered.

I have the hearing aids hooked on the Bluetooth of my phone and it works pretty well. But I have one battery going bad so I'm not hooked up to Bluetooth right now. When one goes bad, the Bluetooth shuts off. The batteries I have are not rechargeable ones. A battery can last me from nine days depending on how long I wear the hearing aids every day. Sometimes I can't wear them because of what I do. That's not a drawback but it’s part of the program.

The Embrace doctor is a fine lady and a good audiologist. She called a couple of times to follow up and see what's going on. I had a real serious tint where there was a tinny sound to the edge of every word and every sound I heard, whether it’d be paper folding or a plate being put on a table. The doctor was able to talk us through it. We went into the website and modulate the hearing aid so the sound was not as tinny. It was a lot better. My hearing loss was severe but I’m fine now. My wife doesn’t say something two or three times anymore. That’s a good feeling. I'm a senior citizen and if anyone asks me to recommend a hearing aid company, it will be Embrace. The product, price, and service are good.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2021

My old pair had in-between device between the hearing aids and the phone that you needed to use. So, I was looking for something with a direct Bluetooth connectivity. I tried a different company that I found online that the price is a little lower, but I wasn't satisfied with the quality and the Bluetooth did not work with my specific phone. The price looked reasonable, so I gave Embrace a try.

When I first got the hearing aids, I was initially contacted to make sure everything was working well. I had some concern on how long the batteries worked with these hearing aids compared to my previous hearing aid, and got some suggestions. The second time, I missed them. They left me a voice message, but I never got back with them. Embrace would do a random call now and then. And if I was in the middle of a work call, I couldn't take it right away. They could do better on scheduling consultations.

The more I've worn the hearing aids, the more I've gotten used to them. And previously wearing hearing aids, I'm more comfortable experimenting with these and trying to figure it out. I switched batteries and found out that buying the more expensive batteries was more expensive, but I was getting more time on one set of batteries. Also, the sound quality is good compared to my previous brand. It was a good sound quality also, but they were a lot more expensive. So, I liked that over that, and that was one of the items besides the Bluetooth connectivity that the previous pair that I tried out. The quality wasn't there either, even after a few adjustments. But I'm happy with these.

Original review: June 10, 2021

The customer service of Embrace Hearing was good. But, once I got the device, I was not really told that the battery was going to last only three days. So that, for me, was misleading, but it was my fault. I could have made more research about it. The other thing is that once I got it, I thought it could be synced with an application and I downloaded one and I was never able to sync it. So I was not really told more about the hearing aid and its capabilities. But when I wanted to find out about any kind of insurance in case something went wrong or I happen to lose it, one of their agents very kindly replied with the information I didn't know. Embrace Hearing gives you the ability to buy another one for half the price if something happens to my hearing aid.

I got used to it. Only at the beginning, sometimes I don't know if there was a delay because my understanding is that it changed the program based on the environment. And one time, someone was talking to me, but there was a TV on at a certain distance. I was more able to hear the noise coming from the TV than the conversation next to me. So at that point, I don't know if this is working. But that was the only situation. I'm satisfied and I really find it very useful.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I explored the website a lot to see if it answered questions that I had. The thoroughness of the website was the thing that had me seriously consider buying an online hearing aid, which before would have seemed something I had to do in person. But I had a few questions before I purchased the hearid aid that I couldn't resolve by looking at the website and I talked to someone personally. I left a message and they got back to me. I was reassured on a few points I had. I would get them and try them out for a certain period. If they weren't to my liking, you kinda unwind the deal. Because it's an expensive purchase to make online without any in-person customization. So you have to feel reassured that even if you make a mistake, you can kind of backtrack a little and not feel that you were somehow wrong about your online decision. That was important to me, too.

I did a little due diligence beforehand, so I knew the Embrace product was less expensive than other products that seemed to be similar. The hearing aid has been trouble-free. It does what it's supposed to do. It works for me. It’s also very simple to use, which I kind of appreciate, and it’s rechargeable. The responses from Embrace were quick, and the information was good. There wasn't a big sales pitch, and the hearing aid arrived quickly. I had a couple of follow-up phone calls that were initiated by Embrace. So that has been quite good.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Embrace sent me an email with all sorts of descriptions of their product and the reviews from other customers are attached to it. I also spoke with Tim and he was quite convincing and answered all my questions. I was very satisfied with the answers he had given me. I purchased their hearing aids and one of the things that I'm fascinated by having them is the Bluetooth capabilities tied to my phone. Not only do I hear or can answer and speak without holding the phone to my ear, but I can also listen to music, radio, and pretty much anything on my cellphone without even holding it.

The hearing aids are rechargeable, which I also like. I take them off, put them in the charger overnight, and the next morning, they're all lit up and I'm ready to go. Also, I have the app on my phone, which permits me to change the mode from one through four and also increase the volume if I want without touching the volume on a television set. It's great. And the customer service is good. I had an issue with my left hearing aid about four weeks ago, where I was getting continual static and the left ear. I spoke to a doctor and she was very pleasant and helpful. I returned the unit and within a week, I had a replacement. They replaced the inside and it's been working fine for the last two weeks. I'm a happy customer.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

They called us and I was satisfied with the questions I asked the team at Embrace. Then they said we could try them and if it was still in 60 days and if I didn't like them, I can return them. But we haven't had to do that. I'm pleased with them. I had another set for almost four years. Naturally, technology improves every year. This time with Embrace, I was thrilled because they programmed it into my phone. They also showed us how to program it on the phone, so if I wanna change anything. I had batteries before in the other one. This one is rechargeable.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Pat, a rep from Embrace, explained things to me. My hearing loss was bad and I got a hearing aid for the inner ear. She came in and programmed it for me. Since then, it has been adequate though Embrace should come up with a way so you don’t have to buy batteries every time it runs out. The purchase made my marriage a lot better. My wife is not yelling at me as much as she used to.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I wear the hearing aids in certain meetings I go to and when I go bowhunting. This weekend was the first time I used them for bowhunting. I went to the woods and I turned the volume way up on them, and I was amazed at what I could hear. I'm hearing the birds and the crickets. I really like them. But I noticed that when I have them in and I'm talking on the phone, there's something about them. So I have to pull it out of my ear and then talk on the phone.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Embrace's customer service is okay, although a little weird. It's not as direct as if I went through an audiologist. I've bought three sets from them so far and my second set of hearing aids needed work so I sent them in. It took a long time to get repaired. I called Embrace and told them what was going on. They gave me the phone number of the service place, which was not Embrace. I called and they said they got to send the hearing aids to Embrace and then Embrace would send them to me. I told them I had spoken to Embrace and asked them to send the hearing aids to me but they said they were not going to do that. I got upset with them.

They sent the set back to Embrace because it had to be programmed for my hearing loss. Nobody told me that. I wouldn't have gotten irate and I wouldn't have even called them if I had known that. There was that gap in communication that really left a sour taste in my mouth. But then, I got the hearing aids and they were fine. Also, the price is better. The hearing aids right now are on par with some of the best that are out there. I would recommend Embrace Hearing hearing aids to people.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

When I wear the hearing aids, they work better than the ones I had before this. I like that part. Embrace has little more options than the previous company that I used. For example, when you push the button on the hearing aids to change the different programs, it does both ears at the same time. The big upgrade for me is being able to work with the phone, so I could hear it through the phone. I also purchased the TV option, but I have not got that to work yet. So I have to do some work on that.

The white box that you put the hearing aids in overnight to charge is somewhat difficult to open. I struggle with it every morning trying to open it and then, when I do open it, I gotta have a good grip on the hearing aids to pull them out of that box. That's not very easy for anyone like myself that has a little arthritis going on with the fingers. It would also be good if I can change the program with the emailing, so that the hearing aids start up with another program other than the one that's doing right now because I won't have to change it right away every time I put it on.

Embrace Hearing Company Information