Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I found out that I needed to get hearing aids, I knew that they were gonna cost $6,000. I got on the internet and I stumbled across Embrace Hearing. I sent off for a set of them about three years ago and they came back and were the most perfect things I'd ever had. I didn't realize that I couldn't hear as bad as I couldn't hear. And the devices worked perfectly. The first that I got were perfect. But I had a lot of trouble with the second set that I got. I had to send them back and have them re-tweak it. They still didn't work right when Embrace sent them back but we figured out what was wrong. The wax guard inside was plugged up. Before I sent them back the second time, I was looking through the literature and I thought I'll replace the wax guards and see what that does. And now all of the sudden they worked perfectly. Now I am over satisfied.

The customer service of Embrace Hearing is really good. They'll do whatever they can to make the product correct. The rep that I talked to even said he was gonna put a note on his computer to make sure that from now on that's the very first thing they'll say when somebody calls and says their devices aren't working. There's also a multimedia remote that I can get with the hearing aid and hooks them into my iPad and iPhone and that's really a plus device. I listen to audio books off my phone and they're typed right into my hearing aid. It's like having my own set of stereo headphones.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife was cruising around on the internet and we were looking at reviews on different hearing aids, and the reviews of Embrace Hearing were good and came up really high. Moreover, their price was lower than that of other brands. I got the 700 model and a bluetooth from Embrace and they worked at making everything worthwhile at a reasonable rate. We were looking at other places whose hearing aid costs from $4300 to over $6000 and I got my mine discounted by a couple of hundred bucks because I bought the full package. I got it all for about $2500. The bluetooth is a convenience but it appears to run my battery down a little quicker when I use it, and that makes sense because it's just an additional power source that's being used.

The service has been good. In fact, I just communicated with the rep, Tim, yesterday. The reps have responded well when I've had questions or needs, which has been mainly because I have ears with very small canals. They're so small that I wear a small dome that's meant for children and I have to cut it down in one ear. My hearing aids has improved my ability to hear. The only concern I had at first was that Embrace doesn't have an office to go to, so I can personally interact and have my system examined or reprogrammed. They reprogrammed my system once because of the situation that I have and the programming they did works fairly well. I can't expect a lot in the situation that I have. But other than that, my hearing aid works fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went for a search on the internet to see how different hearing aids were rated. Embrace Hearing was rated at the top on Consumeraffairs so I decided to inquire about them. Tim was the one I first contacted, and he was very helpful, answered all the questions I had, and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. At one time, I called about something and I got a hold of him immediately. I got Embrace's in-and-around-the-ear hearing aids. I like its volume control and I can use the little buttons on the top of the ear piece. Having them improved the quality of my life and my hearing is just about normal now. In fact, my Embrace hearing aids are much more superior than the ones I've worn in the past.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Model 300 hearing aid from Embrace Hearing seemed to be the reasonable choice. It was less expensive and was comparable with the qualities of the products of the various makers, or even better than the others. I had to send the hearing aids in for adjustments not too long ago and just recently got them back. They seem to work well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a hearing aid that I didn't want to pay the full audiologist fees. And I didn't want to get one that was shipped from a warehouse or I couldn't have somebody program it and help me if I needed help. Embrace seemed a good fit for being able to get a reasonable price, but also have it programmed. And then, I've read all the reviews online. They always talk about good customer service, so I took a chance.

The quality of Embrace is as good as the ones I had before. My only issue is it's sloppy on my ear and I had them shorten the wire or they taught me how to do it. It might be because I got a bigger one with a volume 'cause I wanted the volume control. If I take my glasses on and off, it comes off pretty easily. But other than that, the sound quality is fine. Their rep also always follows up and responds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing is excellent and everything has been positive so far. This is the sixth time I have tried to switch from analog hearing aids to digital and this is the first time I've been successful. Their customer service is excellent. They're very prompt in responding. I would recommend them easily. In fact, the reason I tried them was because of the reviews and what the people say is true. I have a very severe hearing loss and I'm not easy to fit. I have to have the high-end ones everywhere I go and I've worn them for about 30 years now because I got them very young and it's hard to switch from an analog hearing aids because the sounds are so different, but they were switched successfully and I can hardly tell the difference.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the number 7 from Embrace Hearing. It's the top of the line. They had all the features I was looking for at the best price. I was satisfied with my interactions with their sales team and so far, I'm doing fine with it.

To other buyers. Embrace Hearing gets 10 out of 10 from me. I dealt mainly with Tim... who returned every email with detailed explanations on all my questions. Very knowledgeable with the products they sell, and the price outstanding. I would highly recommend this company to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing had good reviews and I couldn’t find any negative about it. Their sales team was great. They responded to my email inquiries and they were friendly and nice. I got the 700 model, the latest and greatest. It's a nice thing and it made my life more comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'd had Costco's hearing aids for about five years. Their price was about the same or maybe a little more than they were before but my wife said that it's cheap. Embrace's hearing aids are less expensive and way better, but that has a lot to do with the fact that technology was five years newer and in today's world, a long time. Their people were very helpful, especially one of the people back east. The hardest part was I had to go to an audiologist to get a hearing test and the way the government has it set up. That was a pain in the neck because you can't just go to an audiologist to get a referral from a regular MD. If I paid for it myself, it wouldn't have been a problem, but because I was applying the cost of the test to the deductible I had to get a referral from an MD.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I chose Embrace Hearing after doing my own investigation. I've been reading reviews from other readers and speaking with people on the company. The cost and quality of their hearing aids are very good compared to other companies. I called them a couple of times about one or two things and they were taken care of right away.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked Embrace Hearing ratings and cost. I'm an electrical engineer, so I have a real good idea how much it costs to manufacture a product like theirs. Their sales team was very helpful. Everything was exactly as promised and delivered, there were no unrealized expectations, and I have absolutely no complaints.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Miracle-Ear which was $5,800 a number of years ago. I went with Miracle-Ear's behind-the-ear that has a little tube that runs into the ear but I had to turn them back in for five or six times because they would quit working. There wasn't a problem with Miracle-Ear but I have sweaty ear channels and the moisture would short them out. So I had to send them back, and they’d repair, and they’d send them back. But they had them about half the time for the first year that I owned them. I wasn’t particularly fond of those so I checked on several different people because I wanted to try something a little different. I was also looking for hearing aids with a remote and Wi-Fi. Embrace Hearing is the one that had the most features that I wanted with the most reasonable price and with the best quality. More so, it was for $2,400.

Working with the Embrace Hearing team and was excellent. I talked to a couple of different people, the audiologist and the salesman, who were extremely helpful to me. I had some little problems but they bend over backward and do whatever I want to do to get it right. I have a problem with neuropathy so I wanted to send them back in the first place. I can't feel the damn thing with my fingers and so I have a little trouble getting it in my ears. They made suggestions on how to correct that problem by getting a little mold built for my ear. They did not do it but they directed me to somebody who could. I went and did that and now I can at least get the hearing aids into my ear and they work great. We got it all worked out perfectly. I had a 45-day fee trial which was extended and we tried for a couple of weeks. They do such a good job that I'm suspicious if they're doing it for my benefit. Still, I can't say enough good things about them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's my second time to buy from Embrace Hearing and they deliver and build a quality product and service. Recently, I got the H-700 Embrace hearing aid from them and the product is very consistent. I've dealt with Tim and I was completely satisfied with him.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Embrace Hearing reviews on the internet were fine and their price was okay, so I went with it. I got their top item for hearing aids and so far, it's okay, it does fine and it's usable. Their reps have been very helpful and very nice. I can hear the television better since I purchased it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm pleased with the Embrace hearing aids. Embrace had the product I needed that was recommended by my audiologist. It was much more reasonable than others and I liked talking with the personnel when I called. They were informative, polite and helpful. I got an H-700 that is in-ear and it comes with a remote so I can adjust it. It does volume and changes programs like if I'm in a restaurant or large gathering or being in a small, intimate gathering. It certainly has made a big improvement in what I can hear and can understand. I'm very happy with the product and with the folks who I dealt with.

Embrace Hearing

Hello Molly - We were very disappointed to read that you are finding the hearing aids not working as well as expected. We have no doubt we can resolve your issues and we will do so right away. We will contact you today to to get the hearing aids to give you the performance you need.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Embrace Hearing was cheaper compared to others. I bought their higher priced model because they said the quality was better. Since I got it, I've had to send it back a couple of times to get it programmed correctly. I have a little problem with it. When I get in a crowd, I don't really hear much better than what I did before because of all the background noise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife investigated online and found Embrace Hearing. Their price was very attractive and their reviews were good, so I got regular hearing aids from them. I can hear a whole lot better now and I'm tickled pink. I needed some of the retaining rings replaced when the old ones had broken, and I called the team at Embrace Hearing and the rep I spoke with took care of it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for hearing aids and searched the internet to find a more affordable option to what my audiologist was saying. I got the mini-receiver from Embrace and their customer service is great. I've contacted them a couple of times and they've been very good about giving advice and making sure that my product is working properly. My partner's a nurse so she's done a lot of investigation into what went in the building the hearing aid, and did a lot of research on the company and the product itself. We were really impressed with how much information we could find out about their product and the service. Being in Canada, the hearing aid is quite expensive. The same type of a product here would have run me about anywhere from $2000 to $4000 each and so I was quite actually happy to find Embrace, and the price was reasonable and the quality is great.

Plus, the maintenance is quite simple. Here in Canada, I have to take the hearing aid back to my audiologist to have them adjusted and cleaned. On the other hand, Embrace has enough links on their website as to how to take care of my hearing aid that we were actually able to do the maintenance ourselves. I appreciate the fact that they have that on their website.

In the first couple of months when I had my hearing aid, the right one seemed to go on and off a bit and seemed to cut out. I emailed Embrace, said what was happening and they said, "Package it up and send it back." So, I send the hearing aid back and they sent a new one out to me, which I've had no problems with at all. The other thing was when I was looking for replacement domes, I'd emailed them about finding them because I couldn't find them here, and they said, we can get them through their website links, but if I went to Amazon I could find a better price, which I did. They were correct and I found a better price. I also appreciated the fact that they directed me to a place where cost was a better deal than to buy straight from them.

I have a fairly mild hearing deficit. I'm a teacher and find that I am not quite as tired after teaching a class from trying to hear what my students at the back of the room were saying. Also, I used to have such a hard time hearing everybody in the meetings and it was exhausting to come out of them and from having to concentrate so hard. Even out at restaurants because I can set the ambient noise in the room to dull. I don't spend as much of my energy trying to hear people or read their lips, so my life is quite nicer in that sense. I have told other people about Embrace and given them the company's website if they're looking for hearing aids because they don't cost anywhere near as much as we're being charged, so it's nice to have options.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a set of hearing aids before but they got damaged. I had to shop for a new one and I like the priced of Embrace Hearing. However, there was a little bit of an issue with them but not bad. I'm just trying to adjust to them yet. I would have preferred a slimmer profile on them. They're a little bit bulky and short. They're also not 100% good yet. I can hear people talking but I don't understand every single word said. But overall, I'm satisfied. The gentleman I worked with was very patient and very helpful. He did an excellent job.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Robert - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and we are glad to hear your hearing aids are working very well for you. We provide a two year supply of wax guards with all of our order but inadvertently left them out of yours so we were happy to send you some. We also have videos on the website on how to replace them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I've had the Phonak for about four or five years. They're old-fashioned with a tube that sends the sound from the speaker inside the earphone and right to the canal. Now, I have Embrace hearing aids. I like their price and they have a good technology. The hearing aid has a Receiver-in-Canal. It's where they put the speaker inside them and the hearing aid itself could sit behind the ear. They put the speaker right in a miniature microphone or a speaker that goes right into your ear canal. It bypasses the sound and it travels through a hole or tube so the sound is much clearer. On the other hand, their staff didn't give me any wax card to keep the wax out. It's a piece of plastic that goes inside the speaker in the ear. I had to ask for some more of those but other than that, they've been great. My hearing is much better now because it's very much easier to understand than the old technology put out by Phonak.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've learned about Embrace online. I then decided to get a metal hearing aid from them because their price is significantly well worth it. The device is comfortable, it amplifies my hearing and it has affected my life greatly. I'd recommend it.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Frank. I am happy to hear the hearing aids are working well but not pleased to hear the batteries are not performing as expected. They should last 7-10 days.

The batteries in hearing aids are air activated. That is why they have the little plastic tab on them. Under that tab are several very small pin-holes that allow exposure to oxygen. If you remove the tab and place the battery directly into the hearing aid and close the door, the battery will generally last about a week (usage dependent of course). However, if you remove the tab, place the battery in the open battery door and then leave the door open for 2-4 minutes to allow the battery to fully activate, you should get about 25% more days of battery life.

Also, I would suggest buying batteries on Amazon. You can find size 312 batteries on Amazon as a fraction of the price found at local retailers.

I hope this helps

Embrace Hearing

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I’m satisfied with Embrace Hearing. Their price is reasonable compared to the rest of the business out there. On the other hand, the device eats batteries and it dies fairly quickly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read the evaluations online and Embrace Hearing seemed to be the most positive. When I first ordered the hearing aids, I had a couple conversations with their rep. Although most of my questions were answered online, I still keep in touch with Tim who is my contact person if I have questions or concerns. I got the middle-ranged hearing aids and I like the four channels that I can switch to for different reasons. I had hearing aids previously, but the cost for Embrace hearing aids was much lower and the quality's much better. Also, my life has improved 'cause I can hear better now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I really like Embrace Hearing. I dialed their number, I got a hold of somebody and I talked to him. He spent four different phone calls with me and they answered all my questions. I got a hearing test here in Colorado where I live. Then I emailed it to them and they fine-tuned them according to my prescription. I really like the fact that my hearing aids were German-made. I felt like they were pretty good quality compared to what's available here. I've had them four years now and I wear them all the time. It makes a big difference. I can hear a lot of things I didn't use to hear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did some research on the internet and just happened to find Embrace Hearing and I bought their hearing aids. I went with them because of their cost for the same features. I paid $99 for the little remote that goes with it and it's well worth it - it's my favorite feature. It's been an easy and convenient experience overall. My older brother in California is considering hearing aids now and I recommend him to go to Embrace Hearing's website.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was being treated for bug bites and another client who happened to be an MD noticed that I was wearing hearing aids. He asked me about it and started a 20-minute advertisement. He thought that the traditional places where people get hearing aids were too expensive. We had a long discussion about it and I was interested since I was toying with the idea of changing device for a couple years. He told me how satisfied he was with Embrace Hearing. He explained to me that other people were not doing the job they should be doing so he took the company over.

With that MD's recommendation, I got Embrace's device and I'm now their advocate as well. There were three levels of expense and I got the most expensive, the one with Bluetooth and other possibilities. It was about a thousand dollar an ear but I like the technology possibilities, I wanted to be prepared for anything since I'll probably wear the hearing aid for the rest of my life. Hence I'm happy to have spent that money. In a lot of places, I would have spent two or three times that much money, if not more, per ear. Furthermore, having the device has made a big improvement so far. Also, now the company is run like it should be and I'm very pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing Aids has 3 models and I chose the intermediate. I like their price and the quality was far superior. I’m interested that my hearing loss is mainly above 3,000 and I’m amazed how much I’ve lost. With it on, I noticed that there are many more birds and many more things outside that I hear that normally are gone without the hearing aid. I’d certainly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Embrace Hearing from a friend of mine. The referral and their reasonable cost had me getting their products. I think their accessories are really expensive though. The device helped me hear better. Tim made good for me and it was nice to deal with him. I would recommend Embrace but I don't get the impression that they're extremely professional in relation. I think they could do better at the way they present themselves to the public.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Jay. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will contact you separately about the fit problem you are describing here - we will fix that.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

I’ve never had hearing aids before so it’s taking quite a bit of an adjustment. I purchased my 700 Plus hearing aids from Embrace Hearing. I had done a lot of research and found out that pretty much some of the same companies make all the hearing aids. I just didn’t see any sense in paying $2,000 more for a hearing aid that has a household name versus the one that maybe a lot of people haven’t heard of but is still the same hearing aid.

I’ve talked mostly with Tim from customer service and he’s been great. He’s the one that suggested I send the hearing aids back in to be reprogrammed because I have the Crossover and in a restaurant, the Crossover just floods the other ear with all this noise and information so I had them change the program where it actually turns that Crossover out and turns it off. The only thing that I don’t really like about these hearing aids is that little plastic wire in one ear doesn’t stay and keeps popping out. And it’s extremely difficult to kind of mend into shape.

Embrace Hearing Company Profile