4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2011, our premium, high performance German engineered hearing aids have been raising the bar year after year at prices far lower than you would expect. Because we are an online business (Based in the USA - shipping world-wide), we are able to save our customers thousands of dollars by keeping our prices at about 1/3 of the price of retail.

Our hearing aids, which are custom programmed by our Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test, start as low as $699. Simply send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing and we will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Customize your look with the choice of three performance levels, seven different color combinations and a variety of Bluetooth accessories. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free-trial period (Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back), free shipping, a full manufacturer’s warranty and, of course, unlimited phone and email support.

Try our “Autosurround” aids and let Embrace Hearing show you what you’ve been missing.

Embrace Hearing….Embrace Life.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Embrace Hearing offers two designs: behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal. What they lack in design variety they make up in pricing transparency and friendly customer service.

PROS

• Transparent pricing
  • Affordable options
  • 45-day free trial

CONS

• Just two hearing aid styles

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews

01/23/2019

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite feature is the service, which is always courteous ... I'm very impressed with that.

03/18/2019

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are.

Embrace hearing aids

Every Embrace hearing aid is Bluetooth/TV streaming capable, has custom programming and has wind blocking sensors to detect and suppress wind noise. Although Embrace is an online-only hearing aid store, reviews mention the friendly, competent, low-pressure customer service team. Embrace has three hearing aid models:

• The H-300 is Embrace’s most basic hearing aid model. It has 2 directional microphones —one forward-facing and one backward-facing — and 8 programmable bands that allow different settings based on the local environment. Embrace classifies the H-300’s live program optimization as “good.”
  • The C-650 takes its design from the natural shape of your ear to capture the best noise; therefore, it only needs one directional microphone. Like the H-300, the C-650’s program optimization is good. Premium models are available for the C-650 that have maximized processing power and better hearing clarity. C-650 has up to 16 programmable bands or 20 with the Premium model. This costs an additional $200 per ear.
  • The H-700 has 2 directional microphones and either 16 programmable bands on the regular model or up to 20 with the enhanced Speechbeam model. The Speechbeam enhancement uses binaural signal processing technology for a better hearing experience. You can use either the remote control or a button on the hearing aid to control the volume and programming. Embrace classifies the H-700’s live program optimization as excellent.
ModelH-300C-650H-700
TypeReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Completely-in-canal (CIC)Receiver-in-canal (RIC)
Hearing loss levelMild to severeMild to moderateMild to profound
TelecoilYesNoYes
Tinnitus managerNoYesYes
Warranty2 years3 years3 years

Embrace Hearing price

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids, which ranges from $1,398 to $1,898 per pair. A standard remote costs $99 and the premium Bluetooth remote is $299. The TV volume streamer is $99, but the streamer requires purchase of the premium Bluetooth remote as well. Financing is available, in addition to accessories. Every hearing aid purchase comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards and domes. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can of course also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

ModelPriceFinancing cost
H-300$1,398/pair$91/mo
C-650$1,898/pair$124/mo
H-700$1,898/pair$124/mo

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. To start with Embrace, you’ll need to have a hearing test with a professional. Audiologists and ENT doctors can provide this. This test typically costs $50 to $100, and most insurance plans cover it.
  2. You can then reach out to Embrace. If you’re not sure which hearing aid to buy, you can consult with the Embrace audiology team. They will look over your hearing test, ask you a few questions and make a recommendation.
  3. Once you’ve purchased your hearing aid, it will take 5-8 days to arrive. Embrace has a 45-day return policy if you aren’t satisfied with your hearing aid.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids wholeheartedly. Their website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about their devices. Even better, they are upfront with their pricing. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a terrific choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I lost all my hearing in my left ear 40 years ago when I was in Vietnam, and my auditory nerve is severed. So, even any repairing or amplifying we did in my left ear would not be able to get to my brain. My right ear has been fine until about six months ago, and I had a sudden, moderate to severe hearing loss in my right ear, which was quite upsetting. I’ve gone to two otolaryngologists. They said I’m 78 years old, and it happens with age. So, it was very sudden. It happened while I was talking on the phone to somebody. And it didn't happen gradually. It happened all at once. So, I’m still skeptical of the medical professionals’ explanation. Nevertheless, we tried a couple things to try to treat it, and neither of them had any effect at all.

I’ve known a lot of people who purchased hearing aids in the last two years. And as far as I know, every one of them, within six months, decided not to use them any more for a variety of reasons like dealing with feedback and echoes. So, I was highly skeptical, and in fact was considering not buying a hearing aid. I finally decided. I do a lot of public speaking and a lot of leading of groups and so forth, and I need to be able to hear. I did some investigating on the web, and I contacted three different companies, and the man I talked to at Embrace was incredible. He answered all my questions, he had smart answers, and I know that I was leaning towards trying to buy a device from someone in Baltimore where I live, so that they could physically look at it and adjust it, and show me how to do things to it.

And this fellow had really good answers for why things would work better with Embrace because they have videotapes, and they have people on call, and they don't have to wait three or four weeks for an appointment to watch those videotapes. So, it was that man’s pleasant intelligence and conscientiousness that led me to make the decision. I was also very interested in the thing that they call a TV connector, and I definitely wanted one of those. In fact, I just ordered a second one. I like it because I don't have to turn on the subtitle or the closed captions anymore. I can understand what people are saying. And I don't like everything they're saying on the news these days, but I understand it. My hearing is bad enough that I had to use closed captions. And then, I discovered, when I read the literature that came with that device a little more, that it can also work with my computer.

About three hours ago, I did a webinar online for a bunch of people. I had had difficulty doing that lately, since I lost all this hearing. And so, I just plugged that TV connector into my computer, and it went straight in Bluetooth right into my ear. It was fabulous. And so, I ordered a second one. I don't wanna have to keep moving back and forth between my computer and my TV. It is better because I can listen to that television as loud as I wanna listen to it, and nobody else hears it in the house. And that’s a feature I didn't have when I was listening with my real ear.

I was skeptical about hearing aids, and I put mine in right after it arrived. We had a little trouble, and this nice guy talked me through. I called him, and he talked me through it. A little bit of wax had gotten on the thing that’s underneath the wax guard, and he showed me how to take that off. He talked me through cleaning it. And after that, I stuck it in my ear, and I just fell in love with it right away. I’ve had none of the problems that my friends reported having. It’s not perfect. I have lots of trouble in noisy rooms, still. And also, I drive a cute little convertible, and I have lots of trouble with the wind in my ear. But those aren’t their fault. I’m a skeptic who has become a zealot for my hearing aid.

About three weeks after I had fallen in love with my hearing aid, I had to fly to a conference where I was giving a paper in Texas, and on the way there, I fell asleep on the plane. And then, we landed, and I woke up and went to the rental agency, and got a car, and drove to my hotel room, only to discover that I didn't any longer have my hearing aid. It apparently fell off in the plane. I had put on those noise cancelling earphones over the hearing aid. And I think somehow, when I took those off, maybe I pulled the hearing aid out and it fell on the floor and I didn't even notice it. So, I came home and immediately bought a second one. And that’s the one I’m not in love with. I was in love with the first one too. I’m capable.

In fact, I actually like this one better. It comes with a little wire thing that you’re supposed to curl up in your ear, and you use that to pull it out of your ear. It’s different from the thing that’s connected to the hearing aid itself. And with my first one, that little wire thing wouldn’t stay in my ear. The only thing is I don't like the picture of the woman that comes up while the app is coming up on the phone. It’s sexist. I don't know why you have to put a beautiful woman on there. When you open the little app on your phone, it takes a while for the thing to load, and while it’s waiting to load, they have a blonde woman in a red dress leaning up against the side of the wall and that bugs me every time it comes up. My professional life was becoming more and more difficult before I got this hearing aid. And also, my wife doesn't get mad at me because I can hear her. It perhaps saved my marriage.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I had had a prior hearing aid in one ear some five years earlier. And I hadn't liked it because of the way it was constructed. It was one of those you charged overnight. I always was out of rhythm. I forgot to put it in at night, and I didn't have it in the morning. I didn't use it very much. And then, when I checked in to look at some point, I felt I should probably replace that hearing aid with two hearing aids because I noticed that I had some difficulty understanding friends. I priced it, and it seemed outrageous. It seemed 6,000 and up. I checked out one that a peer recommended, and it was 40% discounted. But including the discount, it was 6,300. And then, somebody said there's really good hearing aids that I can buy online called Embrace.

I got the medium hearing aid from Embrace but I don't use it all the time. I took too hard the fact that a hearing aid doesn't give you perfect hearing, but it helps. When I wore it to a restaurant, it gave me some difficulty because the background noise was loud, and it tended to override the voices of the people at the table. That may be because I have a simpler model that doesn't really allow all the fancy accommodations. And I also hadn't bought anything with the view to be comfortable in large groups. I wanted something to be comfortable in small groups.

It took me a while also to become adept at putting them in. It was a little difficult, and my ears would hurt or itch or feel very uncomfortable. But after a while, that settled in. And now, I'm pretty good at putting them in. When I wear them, the hearing is quite more agreeable. I find a significant difference, and I hear considerably better with them on than off. I'm quite pleased with them. I have recommended the hearing aid to a number of people.

Original review: July 4, 2019

My hearing loss is mild to moderate on both ears and I had a Signia set of hearing aids but I lost one. We did a lot of research and I talked to people online and in person about Embrace. I met an audiologist and I found out that they were well informed. I liked the possibilities of what I heard. I like the microphone and the other part that allows you to connect with Bluetooth. Also, my insurance covered their product. I was looking at something else but it wasn’t covered by my insurance and I didn't like some of their answers. I bought the upper end product of Embrace and it adjusts automatically if you have a speaker beside you or on one side or the other. Since I’ve had them, my hearing is better but I get a feedback on the phone sometimes. I had to hold it out for my ear.

The sales reps were well informed. However, I sent an email and it was slightly incorrect. So, I was scolded by Bran who returned it. He said I shouldn't have sent it there and not to send it there again. They were kind enough to forward it to him but I felt that he was a little rude. At that same time, it said in the instructions that you could ask the right size for the ear portion and I wrote in that same written conversation that the conch lock was not fitting right in my left ear. The gentleman said he would forward me more of those and he would forward me the medium-sized ear portion that goes inside your ear, and that was probably five weeks ago.

We were traveling, so three days ago, I wrote back and said that it has been about at least a month. I didn't know if I should expect those to arrive or if it was lost somewhere in the system. They were attentive when still waiting for me to send my money and then after that, it's kinda like, "Oh, too bad." I wasn’t pleased with that. I've been a little bit disappointed with the service since the purchase but I would recommend Embrace.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had some decrease in hearing as indicated largely by my wife for a few years. In retirement, I also joined a group called Lexington Storytellers and I found that I was increasingly struggling to hear particularly the kindergarten students as they would ask questions or make comments. Then when I would ask them to repeat, they were often intimidated. They would think they had asked a bad question. So I wanted to be able to hear them more clearly. My hearing exam showed that I had lost some hearing in the higher frequencies that are typical of young children. But the audiologist also said that I was in that in-between range where some people find that they gain significant benefit from their hearing aids but others feel like it doesn't do them any good. So she said it was my personal choice.

I decided to go ahead and I was impressed with the material that I was reading about Embrace on the internet. One of the things that frustrated me though was that it was very hard to find good comparative information on hearing aids. Most people have only had one or two brands of hearing aids in their experience so they either like what they have or they don't but they don't have comparisons. On the other hand, when I called Embrace, I felt like I was getting sound information as opposed to a sales pitch. So that impressed me. They were also considerably less expensive than others and that appealed to me. Embrace operates largely online and their argument is that you pay the $150 to go, have the audiologist check out your hearing and let them know what the audiologist found then they would reprogram the product for you as you need it.

They also said that what often happens is that there's a relatively small amount of money that actually goes into the hearing aid then the prices increase to cover the handling. They also said that you would often find that others would boost that price up. They would tell you you're getting a top-of-the-line hearing aid and therefore it's more expensive. To some extent, that's certainly true. But then the folks are likely to charge you even more and tell you that by paying more, you're getting free service.

There are some people who might greatly benefit by sitting down with a hearing aid technician to walk them through things. But Embrace has online videos showing how to change the batteries and the wax guards, and I'm able to follow the directions. So in my experience, it has all worked the way they have suggested that it should work. So I'm pleased. I paid less than a thousand dollars for my hearing aids and as far as I can tell from talking with other people, they will do just about whatever other people are getting out of theirs.

One of the reasons I was also willing to try Embrace was all of the reviews they had online. They were not all positive but everybody said that the company has been very quick to respond to their questions, and that has been my experience as well. Over the phone, they were certainly helpful in terms of telling me what I might expect. When I called to discuss things, they did a very good job as well. The technical person answered my questions and provided information. I sort of anticipated that at the end of that time, he was gonna turn me back to the sales force or try to push me to order right then but he didn't. He simply told me to get back with them if I had any other questions. So I've been very positively pleased with the relationship.

I've also had emails from them telling me things I might try. I got an email suggesting that because of the way the batteries are designed, if when you first put them in, you take the little tab that covers the battery off and expose it to the air for a few minutes, that will increase the life span of the battery by 25%. And that's certainly in the range of what my experience has been. So that is one example of their follow-up and taking care of me.

In terms of the hearing aids, I think the audiologist was correct. I'm not always sure whether I am benefitting from them or not. But there have been a couple of times that I've seen evidence that they're doing me some good. On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging and sometimes, that means that I am behind them rather than with them. Previously, I had found that it was increasingly difficult to keep up with the conversations. But since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I am probably also more comfortable with the small children when I'm telling stories.

The aids I've got are programmed for hearing in large conference rooms where I want to hear the speaker in front of me and mute the sounds behind me, and I think I can detect the difference. I am more comfortable in those situations when I change the program for that setting. There's also a setting that is supposed to mute road noises and when I tried that on one occasion, I found it easier to listen to the radio. The road noise was significantly less and that was even in a pickup truck with larger than usual tires where the road noise is greater than it would be in a passenger car. The hearing aids are helping me some and in situations that I value having better hearing. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are and I've told other people if they start looking for hearing aids, they ought to look at Embrace.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had my last hearing aids for about five years and I could press down from my ear to control it. With Embrace's hearing aids, it's hard to do on the ear. It doesn't click as easily as the others. You have to push really hard and it just pushes the whole hearing aid down. It's almost like I have to take it off my ear to adjust. They should do a better job on that push button on the hearing aids. The ones that I was using for five years has a better sound and didn't have as much of a tinny sound as the Embrace Hearing ones.

I tried another brand that I ordered online, and I like Embrace Hearing much better. The Embrace Hearing has less of a tinny sound than that and has a better quality. It has multiple features. I think there are about three or four programs and it's supposed to adjust to the programs automatically. If I'm in a crowd, there's a program for that. I bought an extra handheld rectangular object that controls the sound as well. I really like the hand control feature, but carrying it around all day is bulky. If I'm upstairs and I need to change it, I have to come downstairs to get my hand control.

This is the first time that I've been able to hear for quite a while, especially in a crowded room. I can communicate better with the people if I can hear what they're saying. I'm still not hearing as well as I would like to hear though. There are still times when I miss things when I talk to people, especially if they have a really soft voice, but it is an improvement. Plus, every time we called, their crew has been very polite and helpful. The Embrace Hearing was a lot less expensive than the one that I had for five years but higher than some of the other internet purchases. For the money, Embrace's hearing aids are a good investment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I've had a gradual hearing loss over the years and I needed hearing aids. I decided to buy from Embrace mostly for the price and the reviews, and I’ve had great service with them. At the time of my purchase, their customer service was also top-notch. I sent them all of my results from my latest hearing test, then they programmed the hearing aids. Also, they're in constant communication with me to see how the hearing aids are working. If I have a problem, I send them back, and they’ll do adjustments until we get it right. This is my first pair, so I’m still learning about them and how they’ll work. So, I didn’t know what to expect, but they’re helping me a lot.

Before I got my Embrace hearing aids, I was having trouble with hearing high-pitched noises in crowds and there was a setting on the particular set that they gave me that they programmed for noisy conditions, and that seems to be working well. Also, they auto-adjust. So, if I'm working in a loud environment and I change environments, they auto-adjust for me. It’s a pretty nice feature. The price was very fair, too. All in all, I would totally encourage others to try Embrace. They’re very consumer-oriented and they care about the products that they’re putting up. And the follow-up service is fantastic. They wanna make sure that every customer here is good and for an online company to do that, it’s outstanding.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I had a full audiology report, and I needed hearing assistance. I wasn’t gonna pay the six grand in the doctor’s office, and I did my research. I ended up with Embrace and have used them for myself. I’ve used them for my mom and have had one changed and updated, and the service has been excellent. I've been using the H700, which is their top of the line. There may be one out that’s upgraded now. But when I called to inquire about the difference to purchase that at the time of a new hearing test, they advised me that I probably would not notice the difference. So, I got the one that I had recalibrated. They were very honest and very ethical. They could’ve easily tried to sell me a second, brand new, updated, and they didn't.

The customer service reps are very knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions in the upfront research part, and I was very pleased with the whole process. I wouldn’t be able to function now without my hearing aids because I still do a lot of speaking to large groups. So, both in intimate settings of small conversation counseling with people, the ability to hear in that context, and also, the ability with the features to be able to pick out voices in a room, I would not have that without hearing assistance.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I've had a progressive hearing loss, and then in May, I could hardly hear out of my left ear. I started trying to figure out what the problem was and the ENT said that there's nothing wrong with my ears but I am at that age where I'm gonna have some problems without any medical reason. So, with the partial hearing loss, I went to the place that did my hearing test but their hearing aids would cost more money than what I was ready to spend. I then found Embrace, which was about half of the price, and I gave them a try. However, I was having problems with it. I'm an older lady whose day is filled with television, and I wasn't hearing television as well as I had anticipated hearing.

Embrace was quick to respond and always helpful. They would give me suggestions over the phone and even offered to reprogram and see if that would help. But that takes sending the hearing aids back in and waiting for them to come back. My problem was not having someone I could actually go to and talk to person to person to see if I was doing things right. Being a first time user, I felt that it's more complicated and I needed a little bit more hands-on. So, I returned the hearing aids shy the 45 days that I was granted, and they made the process very simple. Their paperwork indicated that it could take a couple of weeks before the refund comes back to me. Everybody that I worked with was very good, and if anything that I try after this isn't any better, then I would definitely come back and get another pair from them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

According to my chart that I had done at the specialist office, it showed that my highs were very bad and my lows weren’t all that bad. I did a lot of research on the internet for a couple of months. I tried a couple of the so-called amplifiers and I wasn’t happy with them. When I read more literature about Embrace on the internet, I decided to give them a try and I’m glad I did. I had the top of the line one. They were on sale at the time for almost the same price as the middle one. Their reps have been very good to me. They sent me a bunch of batteries, which just ran out now and I’m buying my own, but that’s okay. My experience has been great and I’m happy with my purchase.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I went to another hearing aid place first and when they found out that I had insurance, they jacked the price up on me for almost $1,000. So, I called Embrace Hearing and bought from them. I saved myself over $1,500 with them and I like that I can hear now. Embrace Hearing's customer service is top-notch. They’ve always been very courteous. They got back with me quickly. Anytime I have an issue, I just send the hearing aid back to them through the shipping envelope that they've sent and they reprogram them for me.

Embrace Hearing Company Information