4.7/5 (390 ratings)

About Embrace Hearing

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business that is based in the U.S. with shipping worldwide), the company delivers the latest hearing aid technology starting at $899 per ear.

Pros

• 45-day free trial
    • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
    • Custom audiology programming

Cons

• Online only

Bottom Line

Embrace Hearing offers behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal hearing aids in multiple performance levels and colors. The company is online only and has fair, transparent pricing, three-year warranties and friendly customer service.

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Verified

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite fe...

Verified

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've als...

Embrace hearing aids

Embrace models

Embrace Hearing offers the two most common hearing aid styles: behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal. All of the company's hearing aids are custom programmed to your hearing and come with a three-year warranty.

• The X-Series is a receiver-in-canal (RIC) model suitable for mild to profound hearing loss. This model pairs directly to iPhone or Android smartphones for hands-free phone calls. Tinnitus programming is included on request. The X-Series is available in two performance levels (X-550 and X-950). Both levels come in rechargeable or 312 battery models. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.
    • The C-Series is a completely-in-canal (CIC) model suitable for mild to severe hearing loss. This model fits entirely into your ear canal, which makes it almost invisible. The hearing aid volume can be controlled by a free smartphone app or an optional remote. CROS and tinnitus programming is included on request. The C-Series is available in two performance levels: C-540 and C-940. Prices start at $899 with a three-year warranty.

All Embrace hearing aids are custom programmed to your hearing test by the company's licensed audiologists. A hearing test serves as your prescription and provides the precise data required to meet your hearing needs.

You can provide a test from any local audiology clinic or take the free online test on Embrace Hearing's website.

X-SeriesC-Series
    TypeBehind-the-ear receiver-in-canal (BTE RIC)Invisible-in-canal (CIC)
    Hearing loss levelMild to profoundMild to severe
    BluetoothIncluded (no remote required)Not available
    PowerTraditional or rechargeable batteryTraditional battery
    Tinnitus managerYesYes
    Warranty3 years3 years
    PriceFrom $899/earFrom $899/ear

Embrace hearing aid prices

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids. Costs range from $1,798 to $2,798 per pair. Models are available in rechargeable and Bluetooth versions. Financing is available.

Every hearing aid purchased comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards, domes and unlimited customer care for the life of the hearing aid. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

Price per pairFinancing cost (36 months)
    X-550$1,798$63.12/month
    X-950$2,798$98.23/month
    C-540$1,798$63.12/month
    C-940$2,798$98.23/month

All prices are accurate as of the time of publication.

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. Embrace Hearing requires a customer to have a hearing test in order to program the hearing aids. You can send recent tests for a recommendation or have a new one done locally or online at the Embrace Hearing website. Embrace has partnered with SonicCloud to create an exceptionally accurate hearing test that takes about 10 minutes and can be done from your home with any Android or Apple device and a set of earbuds.
    2. Once you provide your test, Embrace Hearing's audiology team reviews it and provides you with a written recommendation. The team also follows up with you by phone to answer any questions.
    3. Once you purchase your hearing aid, it takes five to eight days to arrive. All adjustments are free of charge (including shipping) for the entire warranty period.

Embrace has a 45-day trial period to ensure you're satisfied with your hearing aid.

Embrace FAQ

Will my insurance cover Embrace hearing aids?

It's best to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a representative to understand your benefits. Embrace Hearing can help complete forms your insurance company provides in order for you to get your reimbursement.

Is there any charge if I return my hearing aids during the 45-day trial period?

No. Embrace will refund 100% of what you paid — no programming or re-stocking fees.

Are Embrace hearing aids custom programmed?

Yes. Embrace’s audiology team uses the results of your hearing test to program the hearing aids to match your personal level of hearing loss.

Do Embrace hearing aids help with tinnitus?

Yes. Embrace hearing aids are all equipped with a tinnitus manager white noise soundtrack you can turn on or off as required. In addition, since the X-Series connects directly to your phone, you can stream any preferred tinnitus apps directly to your hearing aids.

How long is the Embrace hearing aid warranty?

The X-Series and C-Series have a three-year warranty.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids for anyone who is looking to upgrade their current device. The company's website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about its products. The company also provides upfront pricing — you won't be surprised by your final cost. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a strong choice.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I've been very satisfied with my Embrace hearing aids. When I got them, they sent me a good supply of batteries. I talked to them on the phone later and they sent me an additional pack of covers for the little squeaky earbuds. There was a small learning curve on getting the ear pieces set in my ear. But having the speaker right in your ear is so much better than the other ones that uses sound tube. The Embrace hearing aids are also very comfortable. I gotta be careful not to leave in my ear when I go take a shower. I love the Bluetooth. My girlfriend told me, “It sounds like you're sitting here with me.” It works great both directions. I wanted to download the app so that I could control the hearing aids from the phone. But I can't do that ‘cause my phone won't let me download anything.

I invested $2,500 in the hearing aids which was $1,000 cheaper than anything else I liked to look at. It’s a lot of money, but it's worth every last penny of it. I could hear birds and hadn't heard birds in years. It was a very moving experience. It darn near brought tears to my eyes. I've already told other people about Embrace, how happy I am, and how much they've helped me out.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

The Bluetooth is simply wonderful because I’m on the phone a great deal. I’m a therapist and I need to hear what people are saying. It has made everything so much more possible. The customer support at Embrace Hearing has been remarkably good. I’m frustrated with the app from my telephone. Every once in a while, it somehow disconnects itself and I had recently called. I told Jim, the rep, to send me the instructions in writing so that I don't have to worry the next time this happens. And he did. I did not have time to deal with it that day and the next day, I put them on, and the things were working, even though I hadn't removed the app and reinstalled it. A second time quite recently, for a few hours, it didn't work again and it corrected itself somehow. Whether that problem is in my iPhone or in the app for the hearing aid, I don't know. But it is a nuisance.

They said that if something breaks down, I can go to the hearing aid store but turns out there is no such place on the North Shore. So far, I've been able to call for anything that didn't work and Embrace has led me through whatever I needed to do to get it up to par. But I am annoyed that I don't have that office because I can't function without the hearing aids. Still, when I call, Embrace has been simply wonderful about getting back to me on a weekend, late at night. In that respect, I wouldn't fault them. And I wouldn't want anyone to get the impression that by and large I’m not happy, because I am.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

A friend of mine told me about Embrace because I have ear problems. He was having problems too. He researched it and he really sold me on the product so I went with them. My insurance paid for them so it was awesome. I am very pleased with Embrace and I have told a couple of people about them. Everything is fine and I love them. It's just unfortunate that I have that ear problem that I've had since I was a child so I can only wear them once in a while. Right now, allergies are really big for me, so I can only wear one. But it works and I can hear.

I used to be a switchboard operator. I could not answer the phone with the headset because it would bother my ears. I can't wear my hearing aids all the time. I find that if I wear the right one by itself, I'm fine. The right one is the one that's okay. It's the left one that gives me problems. I have enough hearing with that one that I don't even have to worry about putting the other one on.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

The hearing aids I had before were a popular brand name. However, they were basic so they didn't have all the features that Embrace Hearing has. The cost was a little high in comparison to others, but I got the quality and the features that I wanted. Embrace Hearing offered the latest technology and has Bluetooth. I could increase or decrease my volume with my iPhone. I also like that it does streaming. A lot of times, I could take my calls without having Bluetooth in my ear, so it eliminated that for me because I was having trouble adapting to those.

I also liked the feature that they reach out to me in the sense that if there's a problem. I was having a little difficulty one time because the loudness was causing some issues. They said that they would do a one-time adjustment. They did their thing remotely and it worked. They also did a couple other follow-up calls to see how I was doing with it and if there were any problems and for me, it went smoothly. In my first hearing aid, I went to an office. The person did the examination and tweaked the hearing aid for me. So, I liked the fact that they could adjust my hearing aids remotely and that was a big feature. I would definitely recommend this to other people.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Embrace Hearing has been great. I've never had better service. I was referred by a bunch of my colleagues and friends who’ve had their Embrace hearing aids for years and haven't had a problem with them and were very happy with them. My wife was sick of listening to me or me not hearing her. So, I called them. I had an audio test. I sent it to them. I talked to the doctor there about three times. She kept on calling, checking on me and made sure I was okay.

My hearing aids are working great. I got the ones you can't even see. They're deep inside my ear. People don't even know I have them on. Why spend $5,000 or $6,000 to go to Beltone or one of the hearing aids places when you can get the exact same hearing aid for a quarter or a third of the price at Embrace? They're a good company, and it’s a personal relationship. Tim, the guy in engineering, calls me. Pam, the audiologist, calls all the time. They're right on it. They want to make sure you're happy.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

I tell everybody about Embrace Hearing because they're so much more reasonably priced than going to an audiologist's office and their customer service is phenomenal. I've worked with Tim for six years. It seems to always be him that responds and he's there so quick. Also, my son likes the hearing aids. They're comfortable and he feels like he hears well.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I've had a good experience with Embrace. The customer service representatives are extremely good. I priced hearing aids in several different places and there wasn't any question that the prices that they offered were far less than most anywhere else that I had inquired. I live in Savannah, Georgia and there are two big hearing aid places here that I went to. They were talking about the same kind of hearing aids that I received. They were talking about 3,000 for each hearing aid, so you talk about $6,000 for a pair of hearing aids, where I was able to get the ones from Embrace for a little under 3,000.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

I had my first pair of hearing aids for seven years and they finally pooped out. I’ve had this new pair from Embrace Hearing for maybe three months. I got the top-of-the-line product even though they’re not rechargeable. I talked to a gal who referred to herself as Doctor and she was very helpful in helping me program my smartphone to control my hearing aids. Every time I talked to her, she said she was gonna send me a free package of the cones or a new package of wax guards and I felt good about it. I enjoy being able to hear better and in higher frequencies through my hearing aids. So, it's been good.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

My Embrace hearing aids seem to work very well. I like them. Also, customer service is very good.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

My son-in-law was anxious to communicate with me again. He knew someone that had used Embrace and he took care of the cost of that for me. I'm delighted with this product. Friends have asked me about this product and I tell them it's life-changing. I couldn't hear anything before and then I could. Nobody should live without being able to hear. Embrace is a very good product.

Embrace Hearing Company Information