toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I found out that I needed to get hearing aids, I knew that they were gonna cost $6,000. I got on the internet and I stumbled across Embrace Hearing. I sent off for a set of them about three years ago and they came back and were the most perfect things I'd ever had. I didn't realize that I couldn't hear as bad as I couldn't hear. And the devices worked perfectly. The first that I got were perfect. But I had a lot of trouble with the second set that I got. I had to send them back and have them re-tweak it. They still didn't work right when Embrace sent them back but we figured out what was wrong. The wax guard inside was plugged up. Before I sent them back the second time, I was looking through the literature and I thought I'll replace the wax guards and see what that does. And now all of the sudden they worked perfectly. Now I am over satisfied.

The customer service of Embrace Hearing is really good. They'll do whatever they can to make the product correct. The rep that I talked to even said he was gonna put a note on his computer to make sure that from now on that's the very first thing they'll say when somebody calls and says their devices aren't working. There's also a multimedia remote that I can get with the hearing aid and hooks them into my iPad and iPhone and that's really a plus device. I listen to audio books off my phone and they're typed right into my hearing aid. It's like having my own set of stereo headphones.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife was cruising around on the internet and we were looking at reviews on different hearing aids, and the reviews of Embrace Hearing were good and came up really high. Moreover, their price was lower than that of other brands. I got the 700 model and a bluetooth from Embrace and they worked at making everything worthwhile at a reasonable rate. We were looking at other places whose hearing aid costs from $4300 to over $6000 and I got my mine discounted by a couple of hundred bucks because I bought the full package. I got it all for about $2500. The bluetooth is a convenience but it appears to run my battery down a little quicker when I use it, and that makes sense because it's just an additional power source that's being used.

The service has been good. In fact, I just communicated with the rep, Tim, yesterday. The reps have responded well when I've had questions or needs, which has been mainly because I have ears with very small canals. They're so small that I wear a small dome that's meant for children and I have to cut it down in one ear. My hearing aids has improved my ability to hear. The only concern I had at first was that Embrace doesn't have an office to go to, so I can personally interact and have my system examined or reprogrammed. They reprogrammed my system once because of the situation that I have and the programming they did works fairly well. I can't expect a lot in the situation that I have. But other than that, my hearing aid works fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went for a search on the internet to see how different hearing aids were rated. Embrace Hearing was rated at the top on Consumeraffairs so I decided to inquire about them. Tim was the one I first contacted, and he was very helpful, answered all the questions I had, and he seemed to be very knowledgeable. At one time, I called about something and I got a hold of him immediately. I got Embrace's in-and-around-the-ear hearing aids. I like its volume control and I can use the little buttons on the top of the ear piece. Having them improved the quality of my life and my hearing is just about normal now. In fact, my Embrace hearing aids are much more superior than the ones I've worn in the past.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had Miracle-Ear which was $5,800 a number of years ago. I went with Miracle-Ear's behind-the-ear that has a little tube that runs into the ear but I had to turn them back in for five or six times because they would quit working. There wasn't a problem with Miracle-Ear but I have sweaty ear channels and the moisture would short them out. So I had to send them back, and they’d repair, and they’d send them back. But they had them about half the time for the first year that I owned them. I wasn’t particularly fond of those so I checked on several different people because I wanted to try something a little different. I was also looking for hearing aids with a remote and Wi-Fi. Embrace Hearing is the one that had the most features that I wanted with the most reasonable price and with the best quality. More so, it was for $2,400.

Working with the Embrace Hearing team and was excellent. I talked to a couple of different people, the audiologist and the salesman, who were extremely helpful to me. I had some little problems but they bend over backward and do whatever I want to do to get it right. I have a problem with neuropathy so I wanted to send them back in the first place. I can't feel the damn thing with my fingers and so I have a little trouble getting it in my ears. They made suggestions on how to correct that problem by getting a little mold built for my ear. They did not do it but they directed me to somebody who could. I went and did that and now I can at least get the hearing aids into my ear and they work great. We got it all worked out perfectly. I had a 45-day fee trial which was extended and we tried for a couple of weeks. They do such a good job that I'm suspicious if they're doing it for my benefit. Still, I can't say enough good things about them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It's my second time to buy from Embrace Hearing and they deliver and build a quality product and service. Recently, I got the H-700 Embrace hearing aid from them and the product is very consistent. I've dealt with Tim and I was completely satisfied with him.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Embrace Hearing reviews on the internet were fine and their price was okay, so I went with it. I got their top item for hearing aids and so far, it's okay, it does fine and it's usable. Their reps have been very helpful and very nice. I can hear the television better since I purchased it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm pleased with the Embrace hearing aids. Embrace had the product I needed that was recommended by my audiologist. It was much more reasonable than others and I liked talking with the personnel when I called. They were informative, polite and helpful. I got an H-700 that is in-ear and it comes with a remote so I can adjust it. It does volume and changes programs like if I'm in a restaurant or large gathering or being in a small, intimate gathering. It certainly has made a big improvement in what I can hear and can understand. I'm very happy with the product and with the folks who I dealt with.

Embrace Hearing

Hello Molly - We were very disappointed to read that you are finding the hearing aids not working as well as expected. We have no doubt we can resolve your issues and we will do so right away. We will contact you today to to get the hearing aids to give you the performance you need.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Embrace Hearing was cheaper compared to others. I bought their higher priced model because they said the quality was better. Since I got it, I've had to send it back a couple of times to get it programmed correctly. I have a little problem with it. When I get in a crowd, I don't really hear much better than what I did before because of all the background noise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife investigated online and found Embrace Hearing. Their price was very attractive and their reviews were good, so I got regular hearing aids from them. I can hear a whole lot better now and I'm tickled pink. I needed some of the retaining rings replaced when the old ones had broken, and I called the team at Embrace Hearing and the rep I spoke with took care of it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for hearing aids and searched the internet to find a more affordable option to what my audiologist was saying. I got the mini-receiver from Embrace and their customer service is great. I've contacted them a couple of times and they've been very good about giving advice and making sure that my product is working properly. My partner's a nurse so she's done a lot of investigation into what went in the building the hearing aid, and did a lot of research on the company and the product itself. We were really impressed with how much information we could find out about their product and the service. Being in Canada, the hearing aid is quite expensive. The same type of a product here would have run me about anywhere from $2000 to $4000 each and so I was quite actually happy to find Embrace, and the price was reasonable and the quality is great.

Plus, the maintenance is quite simple. Here in Canada, I have to take the hearing aid back to my audiologist to have them adjusted and cleaned. On the other hand, Embrace has enough links on their website as to how to take care of my hearing aid that we were actually able to do the maintenance ourselves. I appreciate the fact that they have that on their website.

In the first couple of months when I had my hearing aid, the right one seemed to go on and off a bit and seemed to cut out. I emailed Embrace, said what was happening and they said, "Package it up and send it back." So, I send the hearing aid back and they sent a new one out to me, which I've had no problems with at all. The other thing was when I was looking for replacement domes, I'd emailed them about finding them because I couldn't find them here, and they said, we can get them through their website links, but if I went to Amazon I could find a better price, which I did. They were correct and I found a better price. I also appreciated the fact that they directed me to a place where cost was a better deal than to buy straight from them.

I have a fairly mild hearing deficit. I'm a teacher and find that I am not quite as tired after teaching a class from trying to hear what my students at the back of the room were saying. Also, I used to have such a hard time hearing everybody in the meetings and it was exhausting to come out of them and from having to concentrate so hard. Even out at restaurants because I can set the ambient noise in the room to dull. I don't spend as much of my energy trying to hear people or read their lips, so my life is quite nicer in that sense. I have told other people about Embrace and given them the company's website if they're looking for hearing aids because they don't cost anywhere near as much as we're being charged, so it's nice to have options.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a set of hearing aids before but they got damaged. I had to shop for a new one and I like the priced of Embrace Hearing. However, there was a little bit of an issue with them but not bad. I'm just trying to adjust to them yet. I would have preferred a slimmer profile on them. They're a little bit bulky and short. They're also not 100% good yet. I can hear people talking but I don't understand every single word said. But overall, I'm satisfied. The gentleman I worked with was very patient and very helpful. He did an excellent job.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Robert - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and we are glad to hear your hearing aids are working very well for you. We provide a two year supply of wax guards with all of our order but inadvertently left them out of yours so we were happy to send you some. We also have videos on the website on how to replace them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I've had the Phonak for about four or five years. They're old-fashioned with a tube that sends the sound from the speaker inside the earphone and right to the canal. Now, I have Embrace hearing aids. I like their price and they have a good technology. The hearing aid has a Receiver-in-Canal. It's where they put the speaker inside them and the hearing aid itself could sit behind the ear. They put the speaker right in a miniature microphone or a speaker that goes right into your ear canal. It bypasses the sound and it travels through a hole or tube so the sound is much clearer. On the other hand, their staff didn't give me any wax card to keep the wax out. It's a piece of plastic that goes inside the speaker in the ear. I had to ask for some more of those but other than that, they've been great. My hearing is much better now because it's very much easier to understand than the old technology put out by Phonak.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've learned about Embrace online. I then decided to get a metal hearing aid from them because their price is significantly well worth it. The device is comfortable, it amplifies my hearing and it has affected my life greatly. I'd recommend it.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Frank. I am happy to hear the hearing aids are working well but not pleased to hear the batteries are not performing as expected. They should last 7-10 days.

The batteries in hearing aids are air activated. That is why they have the little plastic tab on them. Under that tab are several very small pin-holes that allow exposure to oxygen. If you remove the tab and place the battery directly into the hearing aid and close the door, the battery will generally last about a week (usage dependent of course). However, if you remove the tab, place the battery in the open battery door and then leave the door open for 2-4 minutes to allow the battery to fully activate, you should get about 25% more days of battery life.

Also, I would suggest buying batteries on Amazon. You can find size 312 batteries on Amazon as a fraction of the price found at local retailers.

I hope this helps

Embrace Hearing

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I’m satisfied with Embrace Hearing. Their price is reasonable compared to the rest of the business out there. On the other hand, the device eats batteries and it dies fairly quickly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read the evaluations online and Embrace Hearing seemed to be the most positive. When I first ordered the hearing aids, I had a couple conversations with their rep. Although most of my questions were answered online, I still keep in touch with Tim who is my contact person if I have questions or concerns. I got the middle-ranged hearing aids and I like the four channels that I can switch to for different reasons. I had hearing aids previously, but the cost for Embrace hearing aids was much lower and the quality's much better. Also, my life has improved 'cause I can hear better now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I really like Embrace Hearing. I dialed their number, I got a hold of somebody and I talked to him. He spent four different phone calls with me and they answered all my questions. I got a hearing test here in Colorado where I live. Then I emailed it to them and they fine-tuned them according to my prescription. I really like the fact that my hearing aids were German-made. I felt like they were pretty good quality compared to what's available here. I've had them four years now and I wear them all the time. It makes a big difference. I can hear a lot of things I didn't use to hear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did some research on the internet and just happened to find Embrace Hearing and I bought their hearing aids. I went with them because of their cost for the same features. I paid $99 for the little remote that goes with it and it's well worth it - it's my favorite feature. It's been an easy and convenient experience overall. My older brother in California is considering hearing aids now and I recommend him to go to Embrace Hearing's website.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was being treated for bug bites and another client who happened to be an MD noticed that I was wearing hearing aids. He asked me about it and started a 20-minute advertisement. He thought that the traditional places where people get hearing aids were too expensive. We had a long discussion about it and I was interested since I was toying with the idea of changing device for a couple years. He told me how satisfied he was with Embrace Hearing. He explained to me that other people were not doing the job they should be doing so he took the company over.

With that MD's recommendation, I got Embrace's device and I'm now their advocate as well. There were three levels of expense and I got the most expensive, the one with Bluetooth and other possibilities. It was about a thousand dollar an ear but I like the technology possibilities, I wanted to be prepared for anything since I'll probably wear the hearing aid for the rest of my life. Hence I'm happy to have spent that money. In a lot of places, I would have spent two or three times that much money, if not more, per ear. Furthermore, having the device has made a big improvement so far. Also, now the company is run like it should be and I'm very pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Embrace Hearing Aids has 3 models and I chose the intermediate. I like their price and the quality was far superior. I’m interested that my hearing loss is mainly above 3,000 and I’m amazed how much I’ve lost. With it on, I noticed that there are many more birds and many more things outside that I hear that normally are gone without the hearing aid. I’d certainly recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about Embrace Hearing from a friend of mine. The referral and their reasonable cost had me getting their products. I think their accessories are really expensive though. The device helped me hear better. Tim made good for me and it was nice to deal with him. I would recommend Embrace but I don't get the impression that they're extremely professional in relation. I think they could do better at the way they present themselves to the public.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Jay. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will contact you separately about the fit problem you are describing here - we will fix that.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

I’ve never had hearing aids before so it’s taking quite a bit of an adjustment. I purchased my 700 Plus hearing aids from Embrace Hearing. I had done a lot of research and found out that pretty much some of the same companies make all the hearing aids. I just didn’t see any sense in paying $2,000 more for a hearing aid that has a household name versus the one that maybe a lot of people haven’t heard of but is still the same hearing aid.

I’ve talked mostly with Tim from customer service and he’s been great. He’s the one that suggested I send the hearing aids back in to be reprogrammed because I have the Crossover and in a restaurant, the Crossover just floods the other ear with all this noise and information so I had them change the program where it actually turns that Crossover out and turns it off. The only thing that I don’t really like about these hearing aids is that little plastic wire in one ear doesn’t stay and keeps popping out. And it’s extremely difficult to kind of mend into shape.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had narrowed my choices for hearing aids down to two companies and two different products. I had decided on another company's product, but that product had been replaced with a new one. Rather than going through the whole process of investigating, I went with my number two choice which happened to be one with Embrace Hearing. I’ve only had it a couple of months since my first hearing aid and so far, it has met my expectations. It’s doing what I hoped it would do. There were times when I thought it was missing parts of conversations but then again it’s early. I haven’t had a situation before where I had issues come in the last couple of months but the hearing aid has proven to be effective.

I was surprised at the level of customer service because that seemed to be one of the big fears of dealing with a company online. When I first got it, I was in touch with their customer service. I had a problem in using it and this had a lot to do with the fact that I was unfamiliar with the product. I spoke with Tim and informed him that I had a problem simply putting them on and with the length of the wire from the dome that goes into my ear to the microphone that sits behind my ear. I spent about half an hour with him and he was most helpful in providing me with a couple of longer wires that solved the problem that I was having. He indicated that that was a rare problem, maybe 5% or so of the people that needed that. He sent me the parts overnight and I received them the next day. I installed them myself and they worked out great. I mailed the existing ones back. I’ve had no problems since that initial delivery and the initial couple of days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son did an internet investigation when he knew I needed new hearing aids. He said Embrace Hearing sounded like the best deal and so I went with it. I had them three years ago when I got my first one. However, I lost it and in the last few months I got the newest model. Their reps treated me right. Their CS team were very good. I communicated with their rep mostly through e-mail but he’s always prompt and always answered all my questions. I’m pleased with them.

With Embrace Hearing, I certainly have a better quality of life. I'm satisfied with it. I hear better now and I don’t have to turn the TV up too loud or miss things entirely. However my hearing is probably going to get worse. When I got these new ones, I was getting a little bit of hearing loss in my one ear. I realized that’s probably the way it’s going to go with me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a research and found other people who had used Embrace's hearing aids. I also decided to choose them because of their price. However, I had issues with one and it's still under warranty, so the hearing aids are sent off to the warranty place. Purchasing the hearing aids has been a good thing. I've been satisfied with Embrace Hearing and they've been very reasonable to work with. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a Bluetooth feature on my H-700 and it's very helpful. However, I don't know if a $6,000 model is better than the $2,000 one so I'm a little skeptical because I can't tell what I'm actually getting for the extra money I paid. But the product has slightly improved my life and I've received very good customer service from them. I returned it once for reprogramming and spoke with them many times on the phone before I purchased and they're extremely helpful. I think if I have any problems in the future, they would be very reasonable to help me out with the service and the cost.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There were a couple of other online companies that I checked with for my hearing aids. The prices were comparable but they were not as accessible as Embrace was in terms of talking to somebody knowledgeable about the product. Talking to Tim of Embrace and their price encouraged me to go with them because there was a limit set by the health insurance company about what they would cover. The H700 Embrace hearing aids are great. I also got the Bluetooth accessory. It's a great product.

Their customer service team is excellent and both responsive in phone calls and emails. Everything worked out with the team. There is maximum satisfaction. However I'm having a hard time with the health insurance and I need to get those straightened out. I filed to Blue Cross in New Jersey but the specialist who has the license to issue the device is registered in Delaware. Blue Cross needed the EIN of the individual and not the company. This added more time to the transaction to get the reimbursement from my insurance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have the Embrace H-700. It's the best hearing aid for the money, and I enjoy them tremendously. I like that it is easy to use and has the ability to hear even in noisy environments such as restaurants, meetings or sports events. I also purchased the Bluetooth TV accessory and its hand control and I find them very useful. Customer service was more than excellent, and they've gone out of their way for me. We've had a little difficulty in getting it through my insurance, and they've been right there with me and talked with the people. I would recommend them to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Embrace Hearing online and bought their 700 plus. I only use the amplification with one program that I'm using, but I chose them because of the price and convenience and I felt that if I went to a normal hearing aid dispensary I would pay a lot more for the model I got. The cost and quality are equal if not better compared to Costco since that's where I got my hearing test and put on a sample pair and walked around. Embrace's customer service is friendly and helpful. A feedback on a problem I have though is that we have worked around by swapping our dome sizes and I wish we could tune that a little bit but it might involve sending the hearing aids back in which I don't wanna do. I need to go to a local dispensary to get them tuned a little bit.

I already had hearing aids so my quality of life is continued to be positively impacted by having Embrace Hearing as opposed to not having them. I kept the previous pair I had about two years longer than their useful life so putting Embrace on felt like putting on a new one and I'm back to where I was. Although I'm thinking I got good features and benefits, I actually paid over $3,000 for the first pair seven years ago while I paid 2,000 for Embrace so I feel like the trend is going in the right direction.

Embrace did everything they could and my perception is they're willing to do more. I'm just not willing to give up the hearing aid to take the time to have it done and there's a tinnitus program they could install for me. They could reprogram them to help potentially reduce the amount of feedback I'm hearing but if they programmed a similar pair and gave them to me just for use then I could send back them when my originals were gone, that would be fun.

Embrace Hearing

Hi Dennis - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We actually do contact you at several points following purchase regarding maintenance and other questions. We sent the last one to you on July 27 but will follow up again to be sure you are receiving them.

Again - thanks for you help!

Embrace Hearing

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I got the H-700 from Embrace Hearing and it does the purpose for which I purchased it. I've recommend it. My suggestion would be a follow up call or email to see if the customer's happy after the 30 or 45 days warranty period. That would not be too much to ask for somebody who spent about 1,700 bucks on them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the top of the line pro hearing aid from Embrace Hearing, and got the remote with it. I did some searching online before and looked at Audacious and Miracle Ear. The cost of Audacious and some other hearing aid company was about the same as Embrace Hearing, while that of Miracle Ear was a lot higher. The receiver in the ear was why I went with Embrace Hearing. Also, the quality of their product is great. I was very well pleased when I bought my hearing aids from them. The Embrace Hearing team contacted me several times and asked me how I was doing. I'm a teacher and now I can hear other people a lot easier.

Embrace Hearing Company Profile