Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2011, our premium, high performance German engineered hearing aids have been raising the bar year after year at prices far lower than you would expect. Because we are an online business (Based in the USA - shipping world-wide), we are able to save our customers thousands of dollars by keeping our prices at about 1/3 of the price of retail.

Our hearing aids, which are custom programmed by our Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test, start as low as $699. Simply send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing and we will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Customize your look with the choice of three performance levels, seven different color combinations and a variety of Bluetooth accessories. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free-trial period (Guaranteed satisfaction or your money back), free shipping, a full manufacturer’s warranty and, of course, unlimited phone and email support.

Try our “Autosurround” aids and let Embrace Hearing show you what you’ve been missing.

Embrace Hearing….Embrace Life.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Embrace Hearing offers two designs: behind-the-ear and completely-in-canal. What they lack in design variety they make up in pricing transparency and friendly customer service.

PROS

• Transparent pricing
  • Affordable options
  • 45-day free trial

CONS

• Just two hearing aid styles

Top Embrace Hearing Reviews

01/23/2019

I first heard about Embrace online. We went with them because of their price, and the reviews backed the decision. The service, since then, has backed that as well. My favorite feature is the service, which is always courteous ... I'm very impressed with that.

03/18/2019

On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging … since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are.

Embrace hearing aids

Every Embrace hearing aid is Bluetooth/TV streaming capable, has custom programming and has wind blocking sensors to detect and suppress wind noise. Although Embrace is an online-only hearing aid store, reviews mention the friendly, competent, low-pressure customer service team. Embrace has three hearing aid models:

• The H-300 is Embrace’s most basic hearing aid model. It has 2 directional microphones —one forward-facing and one backward-facing — and 8 programmable bands that allow different settings based on the local environment. Embrace classifies the H-300’s live program optimization as “good.”
  • The C-650 takes its design from the natural shape of your ear to capture the best noise; therefore, it only needs one directional microphone. Like the H-300, the C-650’s program optimization is good. Premium models are available for the C-650 that have maximized processing power and better hearing clarity. C-650 has up to 16 programmable bands or 20 with the Premium model. This costs an additional $200 per ear.
  • The H-700 has 2 directional microphones and either 16 programmable bands on the regular model or up to 20 with the enhanced Speechbeam model. The Speechbeam enhancement uses binaural signal processing technology for a better hearing experience. You can use either the remote control or a button on the hearing aid to control the volume and programming. Embrace classifies the H-700’s live program optimization as excellent.
ModelH-300C-650H-700
TypeReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Completely-in-canal (CIC)Receiver-in-canal (RIC)
Hearing loss levelMild to severeMild to moderateMild to profound
TelecoilYesNoYes
Tinnitus managerNoYesYes
Warranty2 years3 years3 years

Embrace Hearing price

Embrace Hearing has straightforward pricing for their hearing aids, which ranges from $1,398 to $1,898 per pair. A standard remote costs $99 and the premium Bluetooth remote is $299. The TV volume streamer is $99, but the streamer requires purchase of the premium Bluetooth remote as well. Financing is available, in addition to accessories. Every hearing aid purchase comes with custom programming, batteries, wax guards and domes. The chart below shows prices for hearing aid pairs. You can of course also buy just one hearing aid for half the price.

ModelPriceFinancing cost
H-300$1,398/pair$91/mo
C-650$1,898/pair$124/mo
H-700$1,898/pair$124/mo

How to buy Embrace hearing aids

Embrace Hearing is an online-only hearing aid operation. Read the three simple steps below to see how you can purchase an Embrace hearing aid.

1. To start with Embrace, you’ll need to have a hearing test with a professional. Audiologists and ENT doctors can provide this. This test typically costs $50 to $100, and most insurance plans cover it.
  2. You can then reach out to Embrace. If you’re not sure which hearing aid to buy, you can consult with the Embrace audiology team. They will look over your hearing test, ask you a few questions and make a recommendation.
  3. Once you’ve purchased your hearing aid, it will take 5-8 days to arrive. Embrace has a 45-day return policy if you aren’t satisfied with your hearing aid.

Do we recommend Embrace hearing aids?

We recommend Embrace hearing aids wholeheartedly. Their website is clear and lays out all the information you need to know about their devices. Even better, they are upfront with their pricing. For those who want high-quality hearing aids at a low price, Embrace is a terrific choice.

243 Embrace Hearing Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 4, 2019

My hearing loss is mild to moderate on both ears and I had a Signia set of hearing aids but I lost one. We did a lot of research and I talked to people online and in person about Embrace. I met an audiologist and I found out that they were well informed. I liked the possibilities of what I heard. I like the microphone and the other part that allows you to connect with Bluetooth. Also, my insurance covered their product. I was looking at something else but it wasn’t covered by my insurance and I didn't like some of their answers. I bought the upper end product of Embrace and it adjusts automatically if you have a speaker beside you or on one side or the other. Since I’ve had them, my hearing is better but I get a feedback on the phone sometimes. I had to hold it out for my ear.

The sales reps were well informed. However, I sent an email and it was slightly incorrect. So, I was scolded by Bran who returned it. He said I shouldn't have sent it there and not to send it there again. They were kind enough to forward it to him but I felt that he was a little rude. At that same time, it said in the instructions that you could ask the right size for the ear portion and I wrote in that same written conversation that the conch lock was not fitting right in my left ear. The gentleman said he would forward me more of those and he would forward me the medium-sized ear portion that goes inside your ear, and that was probably five weeks ago.

We were traveling, so three days ago, I wrote back and said that it has been about at least a month. I didn't know if I should expect those to arrive or if it was lost somewhere in the system. They were attentive when still waiting for me to send my money and then after that, it's kinda like, "Oh, too bad." I wasn’t pleased with that. I've been a little bit disappointed with the service since the purchase but I would recommend Embrace.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had some decrease in hearing as indicated largely by my wife for a few years. In retirement, I also joined a group called Lexington Storytellers and I found that I was increasingly struggling to hear particularly the kindergarten students as they would ask questions or make comments. Then when I would ask them to repeat, they were often intimidated. They would think they had asked a bad question. So I wanted to be able to hear them more clearly. My hearing exam showed that I had lost some hearing in the higher frequencies that are typical of young children. But the audiologist also said that I was in that in-between range where some people find that they gain significant benefit from their hearing aids but others feel like it doesn't do them any good. So she said it was my personal choice.

I decided to go ahead and I was impressed with the material that I was reading about Embrace on the internet. One of the things that frustrated me though was that it was very hard to find good comparative information on hearing aids. Most people have only had one or two brands of hearing aids in their experience so they either like what they have or they don't but they don't have comparisons. On the other hand, when I called Embrace, I felt like I was getting sound information as opposed to a sales pitch. So that impressed me. They were also considerably less expensive than others and that appealed to me. Embrace operates largely online and their argument is that you pay the $150 to go, have the audiologist check out your hearing and let them know what the audiologist found then they would reprogram the product for you as you need it.

They also said that what often happens is that there's a relatively small amount of money that actually goes into the hearing aid then the prices increase to cover the handling. They also said that you would often find that others would boost that price up. They would tell you you're getting a top-of-the-line hearing aid and therefore it's more expensive. To some extent, that's certainly true. But then the folks are likely to charge you even more and tell you that by paying more, you're getting free service.

There are some people who might greatly benefit by sitting down with a hearing aid technician to walk them through things. But Embrace has online videos showing how to change the batteries and the wax guards, and I'm able to follow the directions. So in my experience, it has all worked the way they have suggested that it should work. So I'm pleased. I paid less than a thousand dollars for my hearing aids and as far as I can tell from talking with other people, they will do just about whatever other people are getting out of theirs.

One of the reasons I was also willing to try Embrace was all of the reviews they had online. They were not all positive but everybody said that the company has been very quick to respond to their questions, and that has been my experience as well. Over the phone, they were certainly helpful in terms of telling me what I might expect. When I called to discuss things, they did a very good job as well. The technical person answered my questions and provided information. I sort of anticipated that at the end of that time, he was gonna turn me back to the sales force or try to push me to order right then but he didn't. He simply told me to get back with them if I had any other questions. So I've been very positively pleased with the relationship.

I've also had emails from them telling me things I might try. I got an email suggesting that because of the way the batteries are designed, if when you first put them in, you take the little tab that covers the battery off and expose it to the air for a few minutes, that will increase the life span of the battery by 25%. And that's certainly in the range of what my experience has been. So that is one example of their follow-up and taking care of me.

In terms of the hearing aids, I think the audiologist was correct. I'm not always sure whether I am benefitting from them or not. But there have been a couple of times that I've seen evidence that they're doing me some good. On Saturday mornings, I ride my bike while my friends are jogging and sometimes, that means that I am behind them rather than with them. Previously, I had found that it was increasingly difficult to keep up with the conversations. But since starting wearing the hearing aids, I've noticed that I'm much more engaged in the conversations. I am probably also more comfortable with the small children when I'm telling stories.

The aids I've got are programmed for hearing in large conference rooms where I want to hear the speaker in front of me and mute the sounds behind me, and I think I can detect the difference. I am more comfortable in those situations when I change the program for that setting. There's also a setting that is supposed to mute road noises and when I tried that on one occasion, I found it easier to listen to the radio. The road noise was significantly less and that was even in a pickup truck with larger than usual tires where the road noise is greater than it would be in a passenger car. The hearing aids are helping me some and in situations that I value having better hearing. I've also been very impressed with how comfortable they are and I've told other people if they start looking for hearing aids, they ought to look at Embrace.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had my last hearing aids for about five years and I could press down from my ear to control it. With Embrace's hearing aids, it's hard to do on the ear. It doesn't click as easily as the others. You have to push really hard and it just pushes the whole hearing aid down. It's almost like I have to take it off my ear to adjust. They should do a better job on that push button on the hearing aids. The ones that I was using for five years has a better sound and didn't have as much of a tinny sound as the Embrace Hearing ones.

I tried another brand that I ordered online, and I like Embrace Hearing much better. The Embrace Hearing has less of a tinny sound than that and has a better quality. It has multiple features. I think there are about three or four programs and it's supposed to adjust to the programs automatically. If I'm in a crowd, there's a program for that. I bought an extra handheld rectangular object that controls the sound as well. I really like the hand control feature, but carrying it around all day is bulky. If I'm upstairs and I need to change it, I have to come downstairs to get my hand control.

This is the first time that I've been able to hear for quite a while, especially in a crowded room. I can communicate better with the people if I can hear what they're saying. I'm still not hearing as well as I would like to hear though. There are still times when I miss things when I talk to people, especially if they have a really soft voice, but it is an improvement. Plus, every time we called, their crew has been very polite and helpful. The Embrace Hearing was a lot less expensive than the one that I had for five years but higher than some of the other internet purchases. For the money, Embrace's hearing aids are a good investment.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My hearing loss was considered profound and one hear had 60% going. It was pretty bad. I’ve used two other brands of hearing aids without much success. After wearing two different kinds of hearing aids, I found out about the hearing aids that have the receiver at the end of a wire, closer to your eardrum. My audiologist told me that would be the thing that I need in order to get a clearer hearing but their price was pretty high, so I looked online and shopped around. I wound up just phone calling Embrace. I went with them just by talking to the first person I talked to. He was very knowledgeable and he told me everything I needed to know and the things that I have already learned from experience. I knew that he was involved in it deep enough to know what’s going on. So, I was confident that I was gonna get a good deal out of it.

From what I’ve seen and talked about with my audiologist from before, Embrace's hearing aids are a comparable unit to the top-end hearing aids that I was offered and that was twice the price. I looked it up and studied it. As far as the technology and the capability of the electronics inside the hearing aids, Embrace's hearing aids are pretty much the same as what the high-end ones are. I got my hearing test records and faxed it to Embrace. Then, they sent me the unit and I had the hearing aids in three days.

The cost was half of what my audiologist told me I would have to spend and it's a feature that I liked. Also, the unit has a remote control with four channels that gives me four separate options as far as how much outside background noise I have. The hearing aids are great and Embrace's reps have been totally responsive every time I asked a question and they have been really easy to get ahold of. I'm 90% satisfied. I was hoping to get a little adjustment made to them but it has been very easy. It was easier than actually going to an audiologist.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My hearing was in the moderate range approaching severe in one ear. I didn’t realize the extent of the loss even though I wasn’t hearing so well until I started using the hearing aids. Now, when I put them in, I can hear the difference. I looked into two other companies, one referred by my health insurance and the other, I knew through personal experience. And based on the products I was offered, the product that Embrace Hearing offered was the most cost-effective and for the price of what I was getting, I was getting a better product. They were also very responsive to answer my questions and I had been talking to Embrace Hearing for several months until I decided to go with them. Also, my brother had used them and I knew that he was happy with it. I bought the highest end model, the behind the ear with a piece of wire that goes into the ear.

So far, I went with the Bluetooth feature and that way I'm able to use it to talk on the phone and to listen to audio. And I can raise and lower the volume and answer the phone through the Bluetooth which makes it a lot easier and adaptable for my usage. Also, part of why I went with Embrace Hearing was because I could not have afforded this Bluetooth. I could not have afforded it if I had gone with one or the other company. I did the credit card, so I'm paying it off, but Embrace Hearing's price was about half for what it would have cost for the same device, for the same features, for this kind of ability, the Bluetooth and the hearing aid on this end. Their reps were very informative and patient with me. They answered my questions. When they didn’t hear from me for a while, they contacted me to ask me if I needed anything. It was very helpful and I know that they're available if I have any further questions.

Since I got Embrace Hearing, when I'm listening to a phone call or talking on the phone, my hearing is a lot more accurate. Last time I went to a class and I couldn’t hear the teacher and then there were a lot of interrupting noise, such as a loud air conditioner and there wasn’t people talking but it was a very loud air conditioner blower going in the background. So, I used the Bluetooth to raise the volume and then I was able to hear the teacher. Whereas, before, I would have had to move up closely and I still might not have heard. I'm now able to participate in things more comfortably than before. It's giving me access to a kind of quality of life that I was missing.

I'm definitely getting what I'm paying for. I would have paid the same amount for something that would have been half as good if I had gone with the local guy who I trusted because I had contact with him with my mother-in-law who had very old hearing aids and we needed somebody to service them and I really trusted the local company. They were very, very good about support answering questions and doing adaptations for her. So, I was going to go with them, but then they offered me a product and it just didn’t have the capacity that I needed and it was about the same price of what I paid for my Embrace. It wouldn’t have served my needs and I know I wouldn’t have used it.

I said to my daughter, “When you need hearing aids, let me know and I'll send you over there because it's a lot of money when your insurance doesn’t cover it.” What the insurance was willing to cover was, they sent me to this company and they gave me a little discount but it didn’t even come close. I couldn’t even wear them. They were so uncomfortable. So, I would definitely recommend Embrace Hearing

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: July 18, 2019

My hearing loss is primarily in my left ear. Everything seemed kind of more muted and I had trouble hearing and I kept asking to repeat what people said. When I called Embrace Hearing, I talked to Tim, the CEO, who was very honest, trustworthy, service-oriented, helpful and had integrity. I had some questions and he called me back from London. So, the customer service was outstanding. Sometimes, the team didn't have all the answers that I needed and I had to have Tim call me back.

I bought the Embrace H-300 and I've had them for a few months. They certainly help but I'm still getting used to them. I have trouble when they're too loud. There's a higher frequency that seems to overwhelm my hearing at times. I can't hear and I can't understand especially in a busy restaurant kind of situation. I'm still having challenges being able to handle that and the only way I can adjust that is to turn the volume down, which does help, but I don't hear quite as loud. Otherwise, they're very good. I haven't changed out the maintenance activity I'm supposed to do yet, but I'm thinking about that. Since having the hearing aids, I can hear better. Embrace has been excellent and I'm glad I did it.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was looking to see if I can get a hearing aid, but I wasn’t sure which options were available and which was like not available. I found ConsumerAffairs and it gave me a review of what was I looking for. So I picked Embrace since it had the highest rating. The reps at Embrace were really helpful and knowledgeable of their product. They offered their services to me, and they were courteous and had good customer service. This is the first time I ever bought a hearing aid. They don’t look like they used to when they were really big and you can notice that on some of these people’s ears. The one I got is good. I like the four options in the thickness of sound. I'm satisfied.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have moderate hearing loss in one ear. I did some research on the internet and Embrace seemed like they had decent equipment and price was okay. The main guy I dealt with seemed pretty professional. I contacted them via email to start with and they called me. We talked about what they had, what kind of equipment they had and some of the different technical questions I had. And then, I had some questions afterwards after I got them, so the same fella called me back and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with me going over some things on how to use them and some particular issues I was having with them. He spent quite a bit of time with me. It's difficult to get used to the hearing aids. But everything I read said that that was probably the case.

Original review: June 1, 2019

There were certain situations that I didn’t hear too well, but others seemed okay. I looked online for hearing aids and I first got the ones on the free trial from this hearing aid company. But for the amount of perceived benefit I received, it wasn't worth the $6,200 they were charging me. So, I returned those, then I started looking for somebody else. I read reviews about Embrace Hearing and found it good, so I gave them a try.

I’m doing pretty well with Embrace Hearing aids. It’s the best model they have and I've had them for three months. They're comfortable. When I have them in, I don’t even realize that I’ve got them in. I’m hearing a little better and they seem good, so far. I can watch TV and have my car radio with a couple of clicks lower than I used to.

Unfortunately, we had terrible wind gusts the other day and the wind took one right out of my ear. So now I’m just dealing with one until I get the other one. They told me it would take about four days to get it from their provider, and then they would be getting it to me in the mail. Other than that, the reps from Embrace Hearing have been really pleasant and cooperative with me. I have no complaints and everything is going well.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Embrace Hearing was affordable, which sold me on it. And their design is in line with how everybody else is making hearing aids, so they're competitive. My interactions with their reps have been right on. Every time I've called, I've gotten somebody. So far, I'm satisfied with Embrace Hearing. I can now hear pretty well while watching TV and don’t have to keep asking my wife what was said.

Embrace Hearing Company Information