4.5(429)

About Embrace Hearing

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business that is based in the U.S. with shipping worldwide), the company delivers the latest hearing aid technology starting at $899 per ear.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • 45-day free trial
    • Rechargeable and Bluetooth options
    • Custom audiology programming
    Cons
    • Online only

Stars Rating

• 64%
    • 24%
    • 5%
    • 6%
    • 0%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

1 featured review
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Reviewed March 20, 2024

I've gotten great service from Embrace. I recommend them to my friends. Since using them, my hearing has improved. I can hear people. My hearing aids have four different modes and including volume control. Considering how small they are, it's amazing what technology can do. I could have gotten an option with Bluetooth to connect to the TV, but I don't really watch TV. So I didn't get that.

Reviewed March 5, 2024

It's my mother who wears the hearing aids and she likes them. She can hear much better. Also, Embrace Hearing responds quickly.

PriceStaff

Reviewed March 5, 2024

My Embrace hearing aids are pretty good quality. I had to send both of them back and it wasn't difficult to get in contact with a person at Embrace. Their reps were pretty decent and cooperative. One hearing aid had a warranty issue and they took care of it. The other one would no longer charge and I had to pay 300 bucks to get it fixed. It took a couple of weeks to get the hearing aids back and at this point, their performance seems to be fine. I like their size and they have helped with my hearing loss. Also, I had a lot of problems with conversational speech and they helped me with that a lot.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2024

Embrace Hearing had good customer service. I've called them twice in all these years and they got right back with me. They've done well. They're on top of everything. I was looking to find some wax guards and the person that I talked to called me back the next day wanting to know how it was and did I get the right product.

I've only had two issues and that was I had one repaired not too long ago. When I would have something done like that, Embrace would never tell me what they did or what the problem was. But they've been easy to contact and the product is good. Also, their prices were good. The hearing aids work great and are easy to maintain. Everything has been working fine.

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2024

I've had the device for a couple of years now and I've had nothing but good experiences with Embrace Hearing. I accidentally ordered the wrong product and it went back yesterday. They're gonna replace it with the correct product at the same price. They do a great job.

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2024

The rep from Embrace Hearing explained everything. She was quick and thorough and any time I needed anything, she was quick to return any email or call. Her professionalism is great. I feel like I've already made a relationship with her in the few phone calls that we've had. Our first phone call was long and we were really on the fence about this. I had been to a company here and they wanted $7,000 upfront. She was able to work with Pear Credit, which I've never used before. I feel like we've made a relationship more than the other companies just trying to sell me the product. I would tell others to give Embrace a try. They make you feel comfortable. Even though I haven't met the lady and I know she was across the country, I feel like we have a rapport.

As far as the hearing aids, I got the XR series. I like the Bluetooth technology part of it. So far, I can hear better with the hearing aids, but I'm still on the fence about the clarity of it. We're still fixing that. I went from not hearing a lot of things to too much and my brain is still trying to adjust to that. I've got a couple of more questions for my rep. Maybe once we get all that figured out, I'll be more comfortable with it.

I feel like I can be more comfortable in social situations, but there are a lot of things that I'm hearing that I don't wanna hear like loud clicks and people walking on floors. In other rooms, when somebody coughs it sounds like somebody just fell. It's just a lot. I work in a salon, so there's a lot of noise. So, I've been playing with the apps and trying to figure that out for me. There are some days where I forget they were there and just scratch my ear and then there they are. Then there are some days where I'm like, "Ugh, I can't wait to get home and get them out."

Online & App

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2023

I went to current providers in the neighborhood and I was getting appointment times which were a couple of weeks. I looked for alternatives and what was available online and found Embrace. I did some more intercepts research back and forth and decided to give them a shot. The quality and comfort of the hearing aids are fine. There's some jump in technology from my previous hearing aids, which is welcome and kind of refreshing. Being able to kind of program it to some extent through the app on my phone is helpful. But I haven't made too much use of it and I'm still kind of trying to get used to it to take advantage of those features -- the focused hearing, music versus others. Also, I'm not sure that the tinnitus app is really useful but it's not a show-stopper. Overall, I'm satisfied with the product.

Price

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2023

I got the X950. It has Bluetooth for answering the phone. It has different programs, like for listening to music or having a quiet conversation. They're several thousand dollars, but they're still quite a bit cheaper than the traditional 6000 that you get from some audiologists. So it was moderately priced considering the quality is pretty good. Embrace is pretty good about getting back to me every couple weeks to see how things are going. They have an audiologist that does the calls.

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2023

I got a hearing test from a regular hearing place. I sent that in to the Embrace people and that was how they tuned my first set of hearing aids. Now, they do it online. You could do it with the headset, and they have a hearing test that they do on the computer. I'm happy with Embrace Hearing's service and their product as well. I hear things much better than I would if I didn't have the hearing aids. It's very hidden and in general, it does well. It's very comfortable too. I use batteries because sometimes I need to have these on for two or three days at a time without changing. I like that they operate as Bluetooth earbuds and I can talk on the phone on them. I can hear classes and music on them. I don't have to hold the phone. A downside is when you only have one pair of hearing aids and they don't work, you send them in, and you don't have hearing aids for a couple of days. I ended up buying another pair of hearing aids. In case I have to send one in, I would have the other available.

Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

The customer service has been very good. They addressed the problem that I called in about. They sent me information that would alleviate the problem. I was glad that the hearing aids work as advertised. Embrace is economically priced. But they are as good as anything I've worn before.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

I've been doing business with Embrace for about 10 years and I found them to be extremely reputable and always wanting to make things right. In two instances, they intervened with the manufacturer on my behalf and ended up providing me with new hearing aids when the manufacturer couldn't respond as quickly as they thought they should. The Embrace team is excellent and I appreciate the fact that they employ an audiologist, which some companies do not. For the quality of the product and the features, it's well-priced. The quality matches the cost. People who have some understanding of technology and are comfortable with using the internet should definitely go with Embrace and I have recommended them.

Verified purchase
      Edward T. increased rating by 3 stars.
      After a positive interaction with Embrace Hearing, Edward T. increased their star rating on June 25, 2023.

Updated review: June 25, 2023

Embrace Hearing worked with the manufacturer to find a solution that allowed me to use my hearing aid with all 4 streamers.

Original Review: June 16, 2023

I purchased 4 TV STREAMERS only to be told after the fact that the device can only handle two. If you have more than two TVs, as many of us do, you may be stuck with moving at least one of your TV STREAMERS around your home multiple times per day. I was disappointed the most by the fact that this was not stated up front in the product information when I was researching the product. They could easily solve this dilemma by allowing the user to disconnect and connect streamers on the fly so that you have more streamers, but only two connected at any given time. I honestly don't understand why you need the hearing aid provider just to connect a Bluetooth device to a hearing aid.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. Given your concern, we contracted the manufacturer and figured out a way to make this work for you. You should now have all 4 streamers installed. Let us know directly at (888) 929-9555 if you have any more issues.

Reviewed June 16, 2023

I've had a pleasant experience with Embrace. With my new hearing aids, I can really hear. They're very comfortable. They have the Number 10 battery and they last four days.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are pleased the hearing aids are working well for you. Yes, with your new C-Series (Completely in canal) hearing aids, they must use the smallest battery available. So while the hearing aids are almost invisible, the smaller batteries last only 4 days. A years supply for both hearing aids will cost around $40.

Reviewed June 15, 2023

I had a friend that recommended Embrace Hearing, and the sales rep I dealt with was very polite. She always kept on following up with me, and I can call her any time. I've been having excellent care with them. I took a hearing test and decided I wanted the Wi-Fi ones. I could answer a phone from them, and I have no problem with them at all. I'm more sociable now too. I can hear people when they're talking. I don't have to say, "What did you say?"

Reviewed June 15, 2023

I can hear better with my Embrace hearing aids. I can hear my grandchildren better. They always speak so low I couldn't hear them before. I'm hearing a lot of different things now like the birds chirping when I have my hearing aids in. I took Embrace's hearing test right on the computer. It's nice. It worked well after I got the right earbuds.

Reviewed June 6, 2023

I like their consistent professionalism and very prompt responses. Tim called each time. He was relaxed, spent a lot of time answering questions, and called on his own just to check how things were going. He started the process immediately. I was on my way flying out to Arizona soon and they were going to fulfill my order and ship it. They were gonna do it overnight so I could get it here in Wisconsin before I left. But he said there was no guarantee with the postal service that they really would do it overnight. They were willing to send it to some address that I was eventually gonna be out in Arizona and they jumped on that. When I got down there, the product was there. Everything went right. The cost I was happy with too. They were very reasonably priced and the service was more than I expected for an online service. I'm happy with Embrace.

Reviewed June 2, 2023

I'm pleased with the hearing aids. I like the Bluetooth and the fact that it adjusts to my conditions without me having to adjust it manually. If there's wind noise, it'll compensate for that. I'm in a noisy restaurant, it will compensate for that and try to zero in on more just face-to-face listening. It's not perfect but I'm happy with it overall. I am hearing things better.

Reviewed June 2, 2023

I went to an ear doctor to confirm that I had more hearing loss for the second set. And they did a hearing test. I emailed that to Embrace. They asked me a few questions. Within a couple of days, I had my hearing aids. The reps called multiple times after I got the hearing aids just to check on me and see if I had any concerns. There was one question I had. And they answered that. They were conscious about making sure that what they gave me worked to the best possible level that the product works.

The first set that I had were still working fine to the way I felt after almost three years I had them. Embrace called me out of the blue and said, “We'd like to upgrade your hearing aids with the newest technology of the same level for free before your warranty runs out.” They emailed me a label. I put them in the box, mailed them off to them. It was an overnight thing. And within two days, I had my hearing aids back upgraded. So, they're all about the customer. This is the second set that I have bought from them over the last four years. These are Bluetooth. I can use it for anything that I can hook Bluetooth up to. It's amazing. I have two people that have gone to them. And they are extremely happy. Enbrace takes care of me and everybody I've recommended.

Reviewed June 2, 2023

I absolutely love the Bluetooth feature of the Embrace hearing aids. There was an improvement in my hearing since using the hearing aids.

Reviewed May 31, 2023

I had bought some hearing aids here in town from a regular hearing aid dealer and they were around $6,000. It was under $3,000 from Embrace. I thought that was a good thing to start with because the hearing aids that I originally got for $6000 worked okay, but I had a lot of trouble with hearing in different areas. In a restaurant, people would drop a piece of silverware on the floor and it seemed to magnify the sounds rather than separate them. It made it also hard to understand what people were saying because everything was so loud. So then I bought for half price from Embrace Hearing and they were the same type of hearing aids that I bought from the dealer and they worked better, but I still had some problems with them. Then, Embrace came out with a new hearing aid that fits right in the ear. So, there wasn't anything that went behind my ear that you could see. It was inside, and I find that they're a lot better but I also found that it was hard to keep them in.

I have no trouble with the one in my left ear. It stayed in all day. In my right ear, there's a thing that you put on the bottom of them, where it goes in your ear and it's supposed to fit your ear, and I just couldn't get anything that would fit good enough to hold it in there. Three times a day, I would find it just hanging in my ear. You don't really feel it because you get used to the hearing aids being in there. Naturally, you can't see it and you can't even see it if you look in a mirror because they're hidden. So, I ended up losing the one on the right and I had to order another one. So, I'm still having a little trouble with keeping that right hearing aid in. I've tried all the different sizes, boots, and stuff like that that they tell you to put on them and I can't seem to find the right one.

I'm gonna have to call and talk to them, but I do love my hearing aids. They've got a lot of different settings where, if you're in a different area like in a restaurant or a theater or you're talking to somebody or watching TV, you can go to that zone. You have the control that you can change the mode. So, it does really help a lot. I just got a few little bumps, but I think they will get smoothed out. The people at Embrace are fabulous as far as being friendly and talking to you and helping you. So, I think everything will work out okay.

Reviewed April 27, 2023

I had to go in for my DOT physical and failed the hearing. I had a week to get it done before my physical went through. I googled hearing aids and the DOT recommended Embrace Hearing. I read the reviews and called. They reached out and everything was done. They've been very supportive. I got my hearing aids in January and there have been a lot of differences. One is that I keep working. My hearing aids are behind the ear and they're comfortable. But sometimes it's hard to hear with them. But I'm learning. It's an adjustable thing. I highly recommend Embrace based on all the help.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed April 16, 2023

I took the online hearing test on Embrace Hearing’s website. It was administered by Sonic Cloud. The result was only displayed as a number. No audiogram with thresholds was provided. Based on this, Embrace Hearing made a recommendation. I called and asked what my specific hearing loss was. The person said he was not able to give me that information. I asked how I was to know if their hearing aids would meet my needs. At that point he gave me a general idea of what my hearing loss was.

I purchased the C540 series hearing aids and wore them for about six weeks. During that time, I took online hearing tests with an audiogram printout at the end of every week to see if the aids were helping me or not. They did nothing to help my hearing loss. I emailed Embrace Hearing and requested a Return Form. Embrace Hearing offers a 45-day satisfaction guarantee. The audiologist called me and left a voice mail asking why I wanted to return the aids. I returned her call, but she was not available.

To avoid playing phone tag with the audiologist and to escape the pressure into keeping the aids, I sent an email stating why I was returning the aids. I don’t anticipate them sending me the Return Form without a discussion and pressuring me to keep the aids. I understand Embrace Hearing wanting to know why I wished to return the aids. I provided them with the reason. No discussion is necessary.

Pinned

In twelve years of operation, this is our first 1 star review, and we take this very seriously. Our goal is to provide the best hearing technology available, coupled with world class service, at half the price changed by local clinics. Although thousands of customer reviews support this, we clearly missed the mark in your case.

Our audiologists work extensively with new customers to provide an optimum hearing experience. When someone asks to return their aids, our audiologists first contact the customer to make sure that there is no further adjustment or fitting enhancement that can be made prior to providing return instructions. Unfortunately, in your case, we traded phone calls several times and it took two days to connect. Once we made contact, you were immediately given the return instructions.

We have been unable to reach you by phone or email so we have provided this update here in the hope that you will see it. Since we were not able to speak by phone or connect via email, we provided you the return logistics and label several days ago (two days after your first contact). You can reach us anytime at (888) 929-9555 but since we have had trouble reaching you by phone, perhaps info@embracehearing.com would be more convenient for you.

Once we receive the hearing aids back from you, we will refund 100% of your payment within 48 hours.

======

UPDATE - We received your return Thursday, April 20 at 9:52 A.M and we refunded your order at 12:30. Your credit card has been informed of the refund but they may take 4-7 days to reflect it. This is out of our control. If you have any questions about this, please call the number on the back of your card

We wish you the very best in finding a solution to your hearing needs.

Reviewed April 5, 2023

We had an excellent experience with Embrace. We supplied them with the audiology report. They looked at that and asked us questions about what things were most important for my husband to be able to hear or situations that he would be in. They also followed up several times to make sure that the sizes of the ear domes are correct. Made him check and use different ones to be certain before sending out multiple ones to go with the hearing aids. Because initially, they just came with a selection. Then they sent a year's worth after we selected which one was best for him.

Reviewed April 4, 2023

With my Embrace hearing aids, I have slightly better understanding in noisy situations. The reps are excellent. They do everything they say they're gonna do.

Reviewed March 9, 2023

The hearing aids from Embrace fit okay but they didn't help me all that much. I haven't used them for quite a while. I'm a teacher and I got them so that I can hear my students better. But they didn't seem to work in the classroom very well. They didn't minimize the interference of outside noise.

Pinned

Hello Bruce - Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It looks like you purchased your hearing aids from us 4 years ago. In that time, it is likely that your hearing has changed and this might be the source of your issue. If you would like to have your hearing checked so that we could re-program your hearing aids, please contact us anytime at (888) 929-9555.

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2023

Embrace Hearing was the first one I'd seen that had the hearing aid I wanted, connect to my phone and change the volume, et cetera. My dog ate my first hearing aid. They gave me my second one with no cost to me. I like them. They were helpful, from the doctor to the customer service.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2023

I have a good friend that has various hearing aids. My wife also tried Embrace Hearing and they work very well. I got the one that works through the phone, and although I have minimal high range sound loss, getting Embrace seemed like a good arrangement for me. It turned out to be very positive. The reps were very courteous and caring, offered a lot of good explanation, answered my questions and offered me many opportunities to offer new questions. The Embrace hearing aids made hearing better, at least in certain situations, like in crowds and with people that have a tendency to have a higher voice frequency. It’s a lot of women mostly.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2023

I went online and I did a couple of the hearing test. Embrace was the only one that followed up with me. They took time to explain to me what tinnitus was and I knew how it sounded, but they took time to explain to me what the brain was doing to cause that sound in my head, and nobody had ever took time to explain that to me before. The rep told me that she could put what she called white noise, which I had never heard of before. That would counteract that cricket sound in my head when I wasn't hearing other things. It makes a big difference. She asked me the sounds that I like to hear, and I told her I'd like to hear rain but no thunder. So, if I'm in a very quiet place now, instead of hearing crickets, I hear a soft rain fall. It is nice, and I don't get agitated. It’s very soothing.

I got the best hearing aids they’ve got. I got the Bluetooth. They ask you what type of phone you have, if you have an Android or Apple, and I have an iPhone, and they're Bluetooth enabled. I can listen to my music and not bother anybody in the house with my units. When I answer the phone, I just reach out and touch the button on my hearing aid and start talking. If you're going through the grocery store talking, people look at you like you're crazy because my hearing aid’s behind my ear but they don't see it. I didn't realize how deaf I was until I got my hearing aids. I was reading lips and I didn't know it. When they told me what was going on, and that they could stop that tinnitus, I cried.

When I take these hearing aids out at night, it sounds like the volume of the world goes down. Embrace has followed up with me, too. They ask if there's anything they can help me with. They've been very good. They have changed my life.

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2023

I've been very satisfied with my Embrace hearing aids. When I got them, they sent me a good supply of batteries. I talked to them on the phone later and they sent me an additional pack of covers for the little squeaky earbuds. There was a small learning curve on getting the ear pieces set in my ear. But having the speaker right in your ear is so much better than the other ones that uses sound tube. The Embrace hearing aids are also very comfortable. I gotta be careful not to leave in my ear when I go take a shower. I love the Bluetooth. My girlfriend told me, “It sounds like you're sitting here with me.” It works great both directions. I wanted to download the app so that I could control the hearing aids from the phone. But I can't do that ‘cause my phone won't let me download anything.

I invested $2,500 in the hearing aids which was $1,000 cheaper than anything else I liked to look at. It’s a lot of money, but it's worth every last penny of it. I could hear birds and hadn't heard birds in years. It was a very moving experience. It darn near brought tears to my eyes. I've already told other people about Embrace, how happy I am, and how much they've helped me out.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2022

I tell everybody about Embrace Hearing because they're so much more reasonably priced than going to an audiologist's office and their customer service is phenomenal. I've worked with Tim for six years. It seems to always be him that responds and he's there so quick. Also, my son likes the hearing aids. They're comfortable and he feels like he hears well.

Embrace Hearing Company Information