2. Elder Care
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.63/5
Learn More

Since 2011, Embrace Hearing has been providing premium, custom programmed, high performance hearing aids at less than half of the retail price. As an online business (based in the USA with shipping worldwide), they are able to deliver the latest hearing aid technology starting at $799/ear. All of their hearing aids are custom programmed by their Audiology Team to meet the precise specifications of your hearing test. Simply call them or send your hearing test to Embrace Hearing, and their experienced team will suggest the model best suited to your needs. Select from models offering rechargeability, direct phone and TV streaming and invisible-in-the-canal styles. Each hearing aid comes with a 45-day free trial period (guaranteed satisfaction or 100% of your money back), free shipping, a full 3-year manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited phone and email support for as long as you own the aids.

Embrace Hearing Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 2, 2020

The doctor programmed my hearing aids with my hearing test. She was very helpful. She helped a lot with the process of me going through this. I had the hearing receiver itself. But I was not able to hear as well and it was too short. It seem like it was tight-fit around my ears. So she set me up with another one and I had a hard time trying to figure out how to take it out and put it back in. She walked me right through it step-by-step over the phone and always followed up with me. I asked her about the TV box that can go from the TV box to my hearing aid, and the owner of the company sent it to me for free.

The hearing aids that I was using before, I would just put them in my ear and I would be all set. But these hearing aids, I'm not 100% happy with it. Because every time I put them in, I have to program and push the button. It takes me about five minutes to put on my hearing aids. When I go to the store, it seems like I have to reprogram again. It's a pain in the butt because everywhere I go, I have to turn a different level on. Otherwise, things don't sound right. They sound muffled sometimes. Sometimes, I can't even hear my fiance. We were at his place last Sunday watching TV and I couldn't hear the TV. I kept playing around with my hearing aids and I could hear it but I couldn't hear what they were saying. It was like I couldn't hear exactly what I needed to hear. So at that point, it really disappointed me. I haven't put them back in.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I did a lot of research online and I liked the idea that they were gonna be based on the doctor's prescription rather than just a stock product sold on some of the online sites. I've had the hearing aids for a month and a half now and the quality is very good. I've been very impressed with the quality and the experience was really good. Now, I don't have to do a lot of running around.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I had partial hearing loss. It was significant but not full. I enrolled for Embrace's hearing aids and the process was easy. The price is good enough. For the price and everything, the hearing aids do what I need them to do. If they're doing good enough, I don't need to try a different one that's higher priced. The ones I have now are helping me a lot. Embrace is also easy to deal with and I can always get ahold of them. It's the same people when you call in. Any questions I've had, they have helped me figure out what's wrong.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I have severe hearing loss. My left ear is totally dead and nothing can be done with it. My right ear is okay and I'm operating on one leg. And although nothing is gonna replace one's ears, my Embrace hearing aid is as good as they get. I liked their service and price. The aid seems to be okay although I had to send it back a couple of times to get it adjusted. It was too loud for me so they just need to reprogram it. Their people seem to be very nice and serviceable. They follow up on the condition and if it's working.

Original review: March 24, 2020

The price of Embrace Hearing aids was reasonable. I also looked at the fact that they would program the hearing aids and the customer service notes. It was good dealing with their reps. I had moderate hearing loss and I got the 700 Plus model. It was all in-the-ear. It was not rechargeable, but that was okay. They’re good and I like the features.

In the beginning, there was a little bit of pain and some awkwardness trying to find the right tips to fit. I’m using a medium on one side and a small on the other and I still am not sure if I’ve got it exactly the way I want it. The hearing aid is very effective but it’s just an adjustment curve. One person told me to just put them in and never take them out but sometimes, I wanted them out.

I’m not wearing them 100% of the time ‘cause depending on the environment I’m in, it’s almost a little bit annoying. The environment that I was working in had a lot of echoing background noises and some days, I would be okay with them. Some days, I would just take them out because I couldn’t stand all the magnified noises I didn’t wanna hear. But it’s just a matter of getting used to them and getting them adjusted right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Hearing?

Original review: March 19, 2020

My receiver in my right hearing aid broke in 11 months. It was still under warranty. So no problem. I repaired it myself with part I ordered from Embrace. But my left ear hearing aid broke after warranty had expired. The little wire that connects the behind the ear part to the end with the dome was $70.00 plus $5.00 shipping. And I repaired it myself. This is my third pair of hearing aids and I have never had any other break while using. I guess the savings on the original purchase makes up for repairs.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello MA - Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Your hearing aid are 2½ years old. The receiver wires on all premium hearing aids have become exceptionally thin in order to appear almost invisible on your ear. Every day when you put your hearing aids on, you wiggle the wire a bit on insertion. Over time, this will weaken this thin wire and it will break. We tell customers to assume they will need to replace the wire about every two years after their warranty expires. This is the same as for any premium hearing aids but with the Embrace model you purchased, you have already saved about $3,000. Older hearing aids had hollow plastic tubes which were more durable but delivered inferior sound and were very obvious on your ears.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I've worn hearing aids for probably 30 years. The pair that I had were 14 years old so they were pretty close to the end of life and I had to do something. I'm retired now and I can't afford $5,000 for hearing aids so I thought I would give Embrace a try. The reviews online for Embrace's customer service were very good. It was very easy to purchase from their website and I got their top of the line hearing aids that are not rechargeable. I was surprised that something so tiny could be so powerful and it took a little bit of adjusting. They've been really good about working with me to get things just right.

Their customer service keeps in touch with me. They call or email to find out how I'm getting along and if I'm having any problems. I had a few issues at first. My hearing is very serious so I was a little concerned that I had to have the volume turned up so high. I was afraid that that didn't leave me much room for future hearing loss to be able to dial that farther. I had to send the aids back once to get them reprogrammed and that took Embrace about a week and a half. But they were really spectacular to work with and my aids are pretty good now. For the money, I'm very happy with them. My husband still complains that I'm having him repeat things too often but that's because he mumbles.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I hear sounds with my Embrace hearing aids and it's good. There are processes and procedures that one must follow when using hearing aids day in and day out like keeping it clean, fixing the white little spot, then fixing the wires, to have the humidifier. There are a lot of follow-ons that until one gets comfortable with the procedures of maintaining the hearing aid. So, I am going to one of the local audios, paying $150, and they're helping me maintain it for a year. I didn’t know that I gotta take in and out that white little spec. They're just little things but they make a big difference. Embrace’s point of view is that if they explain, then people will get scared and say that this is too much for them to do on their own. Therefore, they're gonna spend $4,500. But I was motivated not to spend that amount. I spent 2,000. That’s a big difference.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I returned my Embrace hearing aids. I had difficulty with the app on the phone and when I did receive a phone call, it became very annoying. It only transmitted through one ear. And then, there were some other things that were going on where I would get into a room, and I understand a lot of the programming is automatic, but it just didn't seem to adjust properly. I’m in some situations where I'm meeting with a staff group, and some of the female voices are very soft and the HVAC was in the background.

When I would switch to the program, the noise would go away for about four seconds and then it would come back on. I could barely hear the other person talking even though they were only about 10 feet away from me in the room. So, it seem to mistake background noise, which should have been eliminated, as something I wanted to hear, so that became an issue. I talked to the representative, Tim, at the time. And I also wrote this up on the return so they have all the information.

It would be nice to have the feature that when you get a phone call, it comes through on both ears and not just on one. And the programming was not what I expected. Sometimes, there's too much put into the automated portion of the program and it doesn't allow the user enough flexibility to dial it in to a specific environment. We can only go from program to program to program. But sometimes, the program is generic and it doesn't match every situation. I know in a previous pair of Embrace I had, I had a hand control that I could decrease the sensitivity to the higher frequencies and eliminate HVAC noise.

My experience was unfortunate and I understand. I had a pair of Embrace Hearing years ago and one of them died and I needed new hearing aids right away so I went out and got one. Otherwise, I'd have to send it in, and then you're without hearing aids for a while. When you deal with a local vendor who has hearing aids, if you experience difficulty or have a problem, you can take it right in and get things taken care of immediately. It's that delay. Embrace has a good product. I had a good experience and a bad in the past, but it became too difficult to manage and I really wanted something that worked now and not have to go back and forth. There were some issues that were hard to work around.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello Russell - Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We are very sorry we were not able to resolve your phone streaming issue but we did processed your 100% refund immediately. We have had tremendously positive experience with these hearing aids so we wish you the very best in finding a solution for your needs.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I have a lot of problems with my Embrace hearing aids. So, I was gonna return them back. They had sent me an email. I was out of town. I just got back and I was gonna send an email back responding. They don't work well with my phone at all. They only play out of one ear as opposed to both. On the phone, I can't even hear it. Everything sounds like it's very high-pitched. They crackle. They hurt to the point where I gotta take them out and put my finger in my ear. I tried to wear them.

I had sent something earlier, but they said I have to wait 10 days. They sent out an email last week but I wasn't here. I was in North Carolina. I just got back and I've been meaning to write back because I wasn't aware that it's not gonna play off one ear. On top of it, it only comes off one ear, but then nothing else on the phone comes through the hearing aid. It's just the actual phone call, which I can't even hear. Before I bought them, I read all the reviews in it. Everybody spoke very highly of it. I'm not happy with the hearing aids, but as a company, Embrace is great.

Embrace Hearing response

Hello Noel - Thank you for taking the time to write this review but we wish you would have contacted us directly about this. We are going to call you today with a solution that should resolve your issues entirely.

Embrace Hearing Company Information