1.31/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Thomasville Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Thomasville Furniture Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

The fabric on both the couch and chair quickly showed signs of wear. It is very poor quality. The finish on the tables also does not wear well. Chips appear for no reason, as do stains and discoloration that cannot be cleaned or removed. I feel like I bought Discount Mart furniture at a high price. Do not shop here!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I worked at Thomasville Furniture for 17 years when it was still in Thomasville, NC. We made very high quality furniture and we were proud of the furniture we made. It was truly made to last. One of my co-workers won their slogan contest with "Beautiful Furniture Beautifully Made". Around the mid 90's an investment group out of Chicago bought Thomasville from Armstrong World Industries. Soon after, we started seeing groups of Chinese touring the plant. We thought they were customers, but they were not. Several years later, all those proud and dedicated employees were put out of work and Thomasville furniture was being made in China. "Beautiful Furniture Beautifully Made" is no more. Quality was sacrificed for the almighty dollar.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Let me start by saying the original sofa I purchased had to be replaced. Came with a tear and none of the pillows lined up, they were all difference sizes, Now the second sofa comes and the cushions that were different sizes. Most cushion covers were cut at 6” from bottom to top but 2 were cut at 5”. They thought they could just insert a 6” cushion pad to fix the problem. Seriously, stuff a larger cushion in the cover, what a joke. Finally got them to replace the covers. Next problem the cushion covers are splitting at the seams. I called earlier in the week as I purchased the insurance and I have yet to hear back from the technician. Thomasville quality has declined tremendously. I look at this sofa and hate it more and more every day. Regret that I spent the $5000 on this piece of junk. Never buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We bought our sofa in 2011. We bought our sofa and a chair in 2011. We've been mostly happy with the purchase and the cushions have worn well. The springs suddenly popped up and have made the sofa unusable. We paid ~$5K and expected it to last. My parents have a couple of Ethan Allen sofas for years and never had issues with springs. Really disappointed in Thomasville.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Thomasville Furniture is by far the worst we have ever owned. Less than one week after delivery, the springs broke on the sofa and had to be replaced. Another month after that, the springs in the chair broke even though no one was seated in it at the time. The cushions lack support and the seams in the fabric have shifted from the edges and have to be pushed back after every use. After only owning for a few years, we have to replace it because it is extremely uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time. Do not buy this furniture. You have been warned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The seams on the cushions of these sofas have ripped open repeatedly, the first time within 90 days of delivery. The first time, they came out and replaced two of the cushion covers. Ever since, they refuse to respond other than to say the fabric is out of warranty, but the sewing is the issue. They do not respond to multiple inquiries from the Better Business Bureau either. So, if you think paying several thousand dollars for a sofa will get you a company that backs up its products, look elsewhere. This is especially disappointing given that the salesperson informed us not to worry about Scotch guarding the sofas as Thomasville stood behind them for life.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I had a positive experience as I was looking at and picking out furniture as I made several visits to make sure of what I wanted. I ordered the furniture and paid half. I knew it would take a while. It was being made in North Carolina is what I was told. The original furniture arrived around the time I was expecting. Maybe 1-2 weeks late. However, the salesperson NEVER followed up with me to let me know about the delay. I was the one calling her.

I had spoken to the salesperson a few days prior to see if I needed to do anything for the delivery. They delivered the furniture at the time I told them I couldn't be available and then told me that I owed them more money. I said I hadn't received everything yet so I shouldn't pay it all. A lot of back and forth and inconvenience on my end, I ended up paying it. Then, I learn that one piece would not be available for another week so I waited. And waited. I waited an additional 6 weeks. Again, I was the one that kept calling the store.

I was told the storm in North Carolina were causing the holdup. When I asked exactly why, I was NEVER given a straight answer. Again, I was the one constantly checking in, not them being proactive with the CUSTOMER!!! I finally get a call from the store manager with a story that seemed like they were covering up their lack of service and not based on any truth. The one thing I learned from that call was that my bench was made in CHINA. I was NOT told this at any point during the purchasing. I don't know what the storm would have to do with an item coming from CHINA! I still have more furniture to purchase and it will NEVER be purchased from Thomasville. I will tell friends to go elsewhere. I spent almost $6000 at Thomasville. Lisa ** was my sales associate.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We purchased a custom-made sectional sofa for $7,698 on July 18 of this year and still have not received it. We were told it shipped on Sept. 14 from North Carolina and should be received within 10 working days. When the sofa did not arrive, the sales rep and store manager continued to assure us that the sofa was "in transit," but has been unable to identify either the truck it is on, or where said truck might be. We've sold our other family room furniture and already paid for this furniture, and they have no information for us about if we can expect to actually ever receive our sectional or not. This is more than bad customer service; it feels like fraud.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We purchased a sofa from Thomasville through a local high-end furniture store. Spent over $3,000 on it. When it arrived the back cushions did not look like the one in the store, but was acceptable. However, after a few weeks of use, the bottom cushions began to sag. Before long, they would not return to shape. It took several weeks for anyone to do anything about it. Finally, when we demanded they take the sofa back since it is unusable, replacement cushion inserts arrived, but by then one of the arms was wobbling, the upholstery in the back came loose, and other problems developed. All we want now is for it to be removed and our money back, but Thomasville hasn't even responded.

Original review: April 2, 2018

When shopping in the Monroeville PA location for an inclining sofa with power was shown a chair that was available in an incline and was motion control. The chair was not an incline so we were shown another chair which was bigger and also had power incline. Whenever our sofa arrived it had no power incline and was so small our legs hung over! Sales lady Mary Beth never had us try a smaller chair, was not aware of power vs motion difference and never informed us of the no returns policy, just had us sign and go. Mgr Becky stated, "Sorry. Your mistake. You signed the paper." No customer service!

Thomasville Furniture Company Information