1.31/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Thomasville Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

101 Thomasville Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

The fabric on both the couch and chair quickly showed signs of wear. It is very poor quality. The finish on the tables also does not wear well. Chips appear for no reason, as do stains and discoloration that cannot be cleaned or removed. I feel like I bought Discount Mart furniture at a high price. Do not shop here!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I worked at Thomasville Furniture for 17 years when it was still in Thomasville, NC. We made very high quality furniture and we were proud of the furniture we made. It was truly made to last. One of my co-workers won their slogan contest with "Beautiful Furniture Beautifully Made". Around the mid 90's an investment group out of Chicago bought Thomasville from Armstrong World Industries. Soon after, we started seeing groups of Chinese touring the plant. We thought they were customers, but they were not. Several years later, all those proud and dedicated employees were put out of work and Thomasville furniture was being made in China. "Beautiful Furniture Beautifully Made" is no more. Quality was sacrificed for the almighty dollar.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Let me start by saying the original sofa I purchased had to be replaced. Came with a tear and none of the pillows lined up, they were all difference sizes, Now the second sofa comes and the cushions that were different sizes. Most cushion covers were cut at 6” from bottom to top but 2 were cut at 5”. They thought they could just insert a 6” cushion pad to fix the problem. Seriously, stuff a larger cushion in the cover, what a joke. Finally got them to replace the covers. Next problem the cushion covers are splitting at the seams. I called earlier in the week as I purchased the insurance and I have yet to hear back from the technician. Thomasville quality has declined tremendously. I look at this sofa and hate it more and more every day. Regret that I spent the $5000 on this piece of junk. Never buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We bought our sofa in 2011. We bought our sofa and a chair in 2011. We've been mostly happy with the purchase and the cushions have worn well. The springs suddenly popped up and have made the sofa unusable. We paid ~$5K and expected it to last. My parents have a couple of Ethan Allen sofas for years and never had issues with springs. Really disappointed in Thomasville.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Thomasville Furniture is by far the worst we have ever owned. Less than one week after delivery, the springs broke on the sofa and had to be replaced. Another month after that, the springs in the chair broke even though no one was seated in it at the time. The cushions lack support and the seams in the fabric have shifted from the edges and have to be pushed back after every use. After only owning for a few years, we have to replace it because it is extremely uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time. Do not buy this furniture. You have been warned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The seams on the cushions of these sofas have ripped open repeatedly, the first time within 90 days of delivery. The first time, they came out and replaced two of the cushion covers. Ever since, they refuse to respond other than to say the fabric is out of warranty, but the sewing is the issue. They do not respond to multiple inquiries from the Better Business Bureau either. So, if you think paying several thousand dollars for a sofa will get you a company that backs up its products, look elsewhere. This is especially disappointing given that the salesperson informed us not to worry about Scotch guarding the sofas as Thomasville stood behind them for life.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I had a positive experience as I was looking at and picking out furniture as I made several visits to make sure of what I wanted. I ordered the furniture and paid half. I knew it would take a while. It was being made in North Carolina is what I was told. The original furniture arrived around the time I was expecting. Maybe 1-2 weeks late. However, the salesperson NEVER followed up with me to let me know about the delay. I was the one calling her.

I had spoken to the salesperson a few days prior to see if I needed to do anything for the delivery. They delivered the furniture at the time I told them I couldn't be available and then told me that I owed them more money. I said I hadn't received everything yet so I shouldn't pay it all. A lot of back and forth and inconvenience on my end, I ended up paying it. Then, I learn that one piece would not be available for another week so I waited. And waited. I waited an additional 6 weeks. Again, I was the one that kept calling the store.

I was told the storm in North Carolina were causing the holdup. When I asked exactly why, I was NEVER given a straight answer. Again, I was the one constantly checking in, not them being proactive with the CUSTOMER!!! I finally get a call from the store manager with a story that seemed like they were covering up their lack of service and not based on any truth. The one thing I learned from that call was that my bench was made in CHINA. I was NOT told this at any point during the purchasing. I don't know what the storm would have to do with an item coming from CHINA! I still have more furniture to purchase and it will NEVER be purchased from Thomasville. I will tell friends to go elsewhere. I spent almost $6000 at Thomasville. Lisa ** was my sales associate.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We purchased a custom-made sectional sofa for $7,698 on July 18 of this year and still have not received it. We were told it shipped on Sept. 14 from North Carolina and should be received within 10 working days. When the sofa did not arrive, the sales rep and store manager continued to assure us that the sofa was "in transit," but has been unable to identify either the truck it is on, or where said truck might be. We've sold our other family room furniture and already paid for this furniture, and they have no information for us about if we can expect to actually ever receive our sectional or not. This is more than bad customer service; it feels like fraud.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We purchased a sofa from Thomasville through a local high-end furniture store. Spent over $3,000 on it. When it arrived the back cushions did not look like the one in the store, but was acceptable. However, after a few weeks of use, the bottom cushions began to sag. Before long, they would not return to shape. It took several weeks for anyone to do anything about it. Finally, when we demanded they take the sofa back since it is unusable, replacement cushion inserts arrived, but by then one of the arms was wobbling, the upholstery in the back came loose, and other problems developed. All we want now is for it to be removed and our money back, but Thomasville hasn't even responded.

Original review: April 2, 2018

When shopping in the Monroeville PA location for an inclining sofa with power was shown a chair that was available in an incline and was motion control. The chair was not an incline so we were shown another chair which was bigger and also had power incline. Whenever our sofa arrived it had no power incline and was so small our legs hung over! Sales lady Mary Beth never had us try a smaller chair, was not aware of power vs motion difference and never informed us of the no returns policy, just had us sign and go. Mgr Becky stated, "Sorry. Your mistake. You signed the paper." No customer service!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Spent $3000 on dining room chairs from Thomasville and they are absolutely terrible. The chairs are constantly falling apart. They were made in China and the workmanship was poor. A week after we bought the chairs we had to have a service man come and fix them. The cushions come right off of the chair. The arms on the end chairs are always loose. The store we purchased them from has since gone out of business.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I bought the sofa and when it arrived it did not look like the one in the showroom. The pillows on the sofa were big and round and looked more like beach balls. I called the store and they sent a rep to come and change the insert in the casing. This was a quick fix not a solution. So after that I sat on the sofa and heard big bang out of sofa. I complained they said there was a problem with the springs and sent two guys out to open up the sofa in my living room and replace the springs. That was 5 years ago and now I have the same problem with springs. Piece of crap. Don't buy from them. After talking to store they said it was fixed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

We recently purchased a sectional from Yorba Linda, CA Thomasville that after 6 weeks the cushions no longer line up, the seat core is collapsing, the wedge piece doesn't line up and the quality and workmanship is very poor. This sectional with ottoman & pillows is a $7,400 item! Working with the store manager is a joke and all they want to do basically is to refill the cushions!! What so they can fall apart again in six months? The customer service representative feels that would not be to our satisfaction and is recommending that they take back the sectional, give us a credit so that we can order a much higher quality sectional but the manager isn't willing to work with us. We have a home filled with high quality furniture and unfortunately this piece isn't one of them! I guess the only way to resolve this situation is court and a visa dispute as Thomasville is not willing to accommodate!! Photos furnished upon request.

Original review: July 18, 2017

We bought living room tables, sofa, chair, loveseat. I can tell you it is one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made. Not am out thousands of dollars but humiliated at the same time by their staff. I picked all the furniture out. Talked to staff to the smallest detail to make sure all would be great and that is when it started to go bad. What I wanted was not what I got, fabric looked very different. The minor marbling in fabric was widespread sizes of coins at the most obvious spots of the furniture. When they unloaded the tables they got out color pens and attempted to cover all of the imperfections that occurred when built and damage in travel.

I have begged and cried to get any satisfaction and guess what THOMASVILLE does not care at all. Sure the owner with his name on the door does but he knows nothing you can do will make a difference once they cash your check. Thomasville reps and main office staff ignore you literally. In my opinion do not buy any Thomasville Furniture. I am stuck with furniture that has not received one positive comment from anyone, and they don't want to sit on it. Big mistake. Go somewhere that values the customers...

Original review: May 24, 2017

Purchased sofa with down, foam and springs in Jan 2016 because they said cushions will not break down for 3-5 years. Before first years end feathers (about 30-50) were falling out on the floor every day. Every night before going to bed I would vacuum them up. Husband said enough is enough and I called 3 times to get them to finally come out to investigate. I was told I had a previous vendor's product (missed new vendor by 1 month) and they did not use them anymore because of their quality. New vendor makes same couch and they would put extra ticking around my throw pillows and cores and they were not having any of my problems anymore. They put thick ticking on my throw pillows and this took care of the problem. I was asked at that time if I wanted the extra thicker ticking for my seat cushions. I declined and thought they were fine.

Now 1 1/2 years later I am being poked in the calf with quills from the cushions. Called 2 times for thicker ticking. Technicians came out and HE said it would be better to replace the whole core cushion as they really didn't look very good and were not holding up (Again told about old vendor versus new vendor story). The cushions are bumpy, cording is uneven as much as 3 inches from side to side of cushion and they do not sit well after 1 1/2 years. I agreed and just thought I had purchased a couch that was not very good but had to live with my decision.

He took photos and about 2 weeks later I heard from Customer Service and she said I asked for new cushions which I did not. I just wanted thicker ticking. The tech suggested new cushion. She was rude and basically called me a liar by her attitude and felt everything was good with the cushions and she didn't see feathers in the photo. So bottom line is - No thicker ticking, No cushion cores, No more repeat business for me.

Original review: May 15, 2017

We bought this $1300 glass table on 4/01/2017 from Thomasville of Bellevue, but just received it a little over a week ago on 5/4/2017. We picked it up ourselves from the warehouse, and had them open it. We did not immediately find any scratches or damage on the piece at that time. We brought the piece home, and assembled it in our kitchen eating area, and immediately proceeded to wipe the table down using Windex and a soft paper towel, but subsequently have only used microfiber cloths to clean the table. We noticed almost immediately on the first day that there were some deep scratches that showed up. We are typically very careful with our furniture, and would never use any harsh abrasives on it, but it seems that through very careful light use and cleaning, some troubling deep scratches were appearing on this table.

Now, we understand that glass is scratchable, and that if you do anything reckless like slamming down something stone or hard metal will scratch the surface, but my wife and I are very careful, and even used soft table mats when putting down dishes to make sure we didn't cause any additional scratches. After cleaning off the table that evening and inspecting again, we noticed many more scratches had appeared on the table, and some of them very obvious and deep enough to stop your fingernail when dragging across the glass.

We purchased this piece of furniture from Thomasville, Bellevue, and expected the quality of the glass to be something that could take careful light use, but our table now has deep, noticeable scratches after just the first couple of days. Needless to say, we are quite unhappy with this, and don't feel that the very careful use of this table should have resulted in such obvious damage. This piece of glass seems to be very soft and easily damaged.

Since then, we have called and spoken to both our sales person, Laura **, and the floor manager, Todd **. Both gave us the story that we just need to be very careful with glass furniture, and clean it only with a soft cloth or t-shirt, or even suggested a diaper, and that there is nothing they could do about it. While these are nice suggestions, it doesn't change the fact that this table has been damaged badly within the first week of use, and will never be the nice piece of furniture we had hoped to receive.

We were advised by Todd ** to send photos of the scratches to Laurie **, traffic manager, and got a RUDE reply that basically said there is nothing they could do since it left the warehouse in good condition. This is not the question of receiving a damaged piece of furniture, this is concerning the quality of the product received. We don't feel this is acceptable, and believe that this glass is NOT the quality we should receive from Thomasville. We will never spend another penny at any Thomasville for the rest of our lives, and will continue to warn as many people as we possibly can about the poor quality and service of this brand.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I bought a table for my living room which was from the Fredericksburg collection. The table was defective as it had a large gap in the corner of it where the leg should meet the side. I have bought Thomasville furniture before but never will again. At nearly $1000 this kind of quality should never leave the manufacturer. Thomasville does not stand by their product and they give you the runaround. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Attached are pictures of the Spellbound Metal Chairside table. The table on the left is the new table that I received. The table on the right is the table that's the floor model at the Thomasville store that I thought I would receive. It's apparent that the two table finishes are completely different colors. The store manager, was not willing to allow me to return the table, order a new one or give me any discount for exchanging the new table with the floor model. This was also the response from the customer service department in North Carolina.

It's really sad that for a $340 sale they were not willing to do anything that could improve my opinion about the quality/adequacy of product sold or customer service given. I didn't even receive an apology. Unfortunately, when speaking to family, friends and colleagues about furniture options Thomasville will not be recommended. I do know for sure that I will continue to shop at Gorman's and Ethan Allen, they have always given me an excellent product and service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Purchased leather couch and recliner in sept., 2016 for just under $6000.00. One week after delivery, a cushion on couch and the cushion on recliner rippled/puddled... making it look terrible and defective and aged! Been trying to resolve with company still today... 1-25-17! Both sales manager and warehouse manager have been to our house to see. They agreed in dec. to replace foam padding but to no avail. Same looks! We took cushions to independent upholsterer locally and he agreed they were defective either by the foam paddings or the leather was not cut properly causing this puddling. The company to this day proclaims this is normal! Comical as it is that I visited their retail store and could not find a single chair in leather that would ripple upon sitting on them!

The local managers agreed to ask Thomasville to either replace or repair this furniture, but I was told today that they weren't going to do anything for us! I asked to talk to rep. from Thomasville but he as of today won't return my calls. We feel that we are truly being dealt with unfairly after buying expensive furniture that looks like it is 15 years old! I told them I would consider trading my furniture for something they have on their showroom... since this ugly puddling is normal, haha. They should have no problem reselling it! Would love to have this situation resolved, but getting nowhere!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I purchased two matching expensive living room chairs in 2012 from the local Thomasville Furniture store which has recently closed in a city with a population of 245,000. Imagine my surprise this morning when I found a broken piece of plastic on the floor only to discover that the springs on the chair busted through the bottom. These chairs are in like new condition and have rarely been sat in and there are no children or pets. I thought I was purchasing quality furniture that would last me the rest of my lifetime only to have discovered that it is junk. Now my dilemma is finding out how to get them repaired with the nearest Thomasville Furniture store located 100 miles away. Do not buy from Thomasville Furniture as they are very expensive and the quality is not there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We have been buying furniture from Thomasville for 20+ years. The last piece was a couch. Within a very short time taking a nap on this couch became torture. I tried to contact the company and after emailing them the procedure they wanted me to follow made me throw up my hands and go shopping for a new couch. I will NEVER buy another anything from Thomasville. Piece of crap at a premium price! No thanks. Ethan Allen now gets our business.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I deliberated for months over a couch and finally decided on this sofa from Thomasville. It is 2 1/2 years old. We have no children at home and no pets - just my husband and myself. The couch is rarely used - mostly for looks. Imagine my surprise today when I saw springs sticking out of the bottom of the sofa. The brackets holding the springs to the frame are plastic and over half are broken which is causing the spring to come through the underfabric and of course providing no support. I paid really good money for this sofa and couldn't be more disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I purchased the Benjamin sofa, loveseat and ottoman in December of '14 and it took over 6 months to get it. It's beautiful and comfortable, but not as well made as Thomasville used to be. We have another Thomasville sofa and ottoman in another room and the leather has held up beautifully and looks brand new after 10 years of use. Not so with this new furniture. The leather scratches very easily and it will cost me $200/cushion to replace them.

I have 4 cushions that are bad and now I have to keep throw blankets over them until company comes over. Even jeans scratch the leather. Terrible quality! I paid $6,800 for this new set and it just makes me sick to think that I will probably have to replace the furniture within a few short years. Our Thomasville bedroom furniture is 39 years old and we still have it because it is solid and well made. It may be out of date, but it is still beautiful. I hate that Thomasville has lowered their standards and their quality of furniture. I could always depend on this company to fulfill our furniture needs but I will never buy another piece of Thomasville ever again. Shame on you, Thomasville, for cheating your customers with high prices and poor quality.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

Order placed on 4/24/16. After several months of inquiries with Thomasville Furniture Store asking for the status of mattress & box springs, I have yet to receive the aforementioned items. Today is September 7, 2016. The reason provided is the mattress and box springs are custom made in North Carolina. I don't see this as an excuse. No other reasons but "delays" were given to me from the Southlake office and the warehouse. On a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being extremely dissatisfied with Thomasville and 10 being extremely satisfied with Thomasville, I give Thomasville a "O."

Original review: June 9, 2016

We purchased $25,000 worth of furniture from Thomasville, expecting it to be of good quality. Within 6 months the rust colored "hard wear" fabric on the sofa and recliner was yellow with a tinge of orange. We returned it and got a leather recliner sofa and 2 barrel chairs. Both chairs were broken within 6 months and the fabric was shredding. Now the plastic gizmo that operates the reclining mechanism snapped. The leather looks at least 20 years old and all the side panels on the cushions have cracked and peeled. The furniture is less than 5 years old. We are still waiting for the remote repair service to get back to us.

Original review: March 30, 2016

We purchased Thomasville Mission Art Dining Room furniture back in 2001. It was expensive, heavy furniture that we were told was solid oak furniture that would last us a lifetime. Little did we know that it was nothing but cheaply veneered furniture. Now I am faced with a very expensive refinishing after the veneer has buckled and peeled. Beware if you shop at Thomasville you may not be getting what you are paying for!!!

Original review: March 21, 2016

I ordered a custom couch and chair for $3,668 with a $1300 down payment. On delivery, I got a call that the order must be paid in full before I could even SEE the merchandise. It could have come in zebra stripes and I'd be stuck with it. Also, Thomasville accepts no liability for damage in shipment but hides behind a delivery company. After reading all the terrible reviews about Thomasville's junk furniture on Consumeraffairs.com, I insisted on seeing the merchandise. I got an arrogant NO!

I grew up in North Carolina and remember the old Thomasville company where fine craftsmen created furniture that lasted for generations and you were led into the plant and shown your custom order with pride. This is not the same company but has been bought by various companies since then and apparently has become an arrogant, grasping, schlock outfit afraid to show its products until it has every penny of your money. I bailed and ate the $1300, and considered that I cut my loss with great relief. I hope they go bankrupt as they deserve.

Original review: March 15, 2016

After 10 years with my leather couch I decided it was time for a new couch in my family room. I chose a sectional couch from Thomasville that appeared to be both attractive and sturdy. I have owned the couch for less than a year and it often looks older than 10 years old. Within a month of the couch arriving one of the attached cushions was sinking and looked terrible.

I called the store which had assured me their service was superb. It took 3 months to get someone out to look at it. Basically he put some more stuffing in the cushion and left me with some "just in case" suffice it to say I have used all the extra stuffing and actually added an additional pillow to the bottom and it still flatness! I went with a moderate to high price upholstery since it would get a good bit of use. Three of the six seat cushions have started peeling. There are only two adults in the house and the only thing we do on the couch is sit on it. This was a very expensive couch but you would never know it by its looks. I will never shop at Thomasville again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

We purchased an entire living room set of Thomasville furniture, including two couches and two chairs. Within a years, the clips and springs had broken in three of the four pieces. The retailer who sold the furniture repaired them (using more plastic clips provided by Thomasville), and within another year they broke again. Thomasville is difficult to reach and provides poor customer service. This has been the worst furniture and worst customer service experience we've ever had. We are basically stuck with poor quality furniture that was sold at a premium price.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

I bought this expensive Thomasville sofa at Miskelly Furniture thinking I would never have to buy another sofa as my hubby and I live alone and seldom have company. The springs had broken within 3 years after it was purchased. Thank goodness I bought the warranty. I contacted the company who honors the warranty and they sent the repair parts. Who would have thought a $2,000 sofa would have plastic connecting the springs?! Now I can't get a response from the woman who was supposed to send someone to make proper repairs. So disappointed!

Thomasville Furniture Company Information