2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.8/5 (181 ratings)

About Thomasville Furniture

Thomasville Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?

Original review: April 30, 2021

I purchased this sectional from Costco for $1079.99 only to have part of it come apart on the cushions where they're tufted. It's obviously defective and poor quality and I would return it to Costco but I don't have a replacement and it's too much of a hassle to tear apart and return. So Thomasville has done nothing but ghost me and I sent pictures and was told by a rep that they would only reimburse me $50!! WTF That's less than 5%!! What kind of customer service is that?? I bought a defective piece of ** sectional to have the cushions come apart on one side and they will only reimburse $50?!?!? Never again will I buy another piece of furniture from them!???

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Bought a sofa and chair-1/2 in November 2016. Bought them because we wanted a quality name brand product and paid good money. Within the first year the cushions collapsing. We tolerated them for another two years. Finally got fed up and bought the second place choice we should had in the first place. The delivery guys who brought in our new sofas and were taking these away thought they were 10 years old. Pure junk. WE will never buy Thomasville products, nor products from their parent corporation (Furniture Brands International) ever again. We were ripped off!! Totally scammed!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Purchased an entire bedroom set. Worst furniture I have ever bought. The finish is so cheap, cheap, cheap. The veneer is already coming off around all the edges. The finish is so thin, it's not good. You cant even put a glass down without it staining and ruining the finish. The screw in foot stabilizers are cheap plastic and broke upon delivery. Paid a lot of money for junk. IKEA furniture is more durable. I will never shop at Thomasville again.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Bought a sofa and two chairs for living room for 5K. Rarely used, maybe. 50 times. First the springs on the chair sprang and I found a plastic bracket on the floor with the springs emerging from the undersurface. Next the rocker chair- the springs seized up through the top of the seat. Then the sofa- the springs release causing the front of the cushions to tip downward and I can see the springs bunched up towards the rear of the seat structure and some springs coming through the bottom. 50 times of sitting on these pieces. It's out of warranty. Haven't been able to get Thomasville to respond- no retailers locally. Had I known they were going out of business, I would not have bought. Ridiculously inferior quality for price. Stay away from Thomasville anything. Our bedroom set from 30 years ago is better made.

Original review: May 20, 2019

The fabric on both the couch and chair quickly showed signs of wear. It is very poor quality. The finish on the tables also does not wear well. Chips appear for no reason, as do stains and discoloration that cannot be cleaned or removed. I feel like I bought Discount Mart furniture at a high price. Do not shop here!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I worked at Thomasville Furniture for 17 years when it was still in Thomasville, NC. We made very high quality furniture and we were proud of the furniture we made. It was truly made to last. One of my co-workers won their slogan contest with "Beautiful Furniture Beautifully Made". Around the mid 90's an investment group out of Chicago bought Thomasville from Armstrong World Industries. Soon after, we started seeing groups of Chinese touring the plant. We thought they were customers, but they were not. Several years later, all those proud and dedicated employees were put out of work and Thomasville furniture was being made in China. "Beautiful Furniture Beautifully Made" is no more. Quality was sacrificed for the almighty dollar.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Let me start by saying the original sofa I purchased had to be replaced. Came with a tear and none of the pillows lined up, they were all difference sizes, Now the second sofa comes and the cushions that were different sizes. Most cushion covers were cut at 6” from bottom to top but 2 were cut at 5”. They thought they could just insert a 6” cushion pad to fix the problem. Seriously, stuff a larger cushion in the cover, what a joke. Finally got them to replace the covers. Next problem the cushion covers are splitting at the seams. I called earlier in the week as I purchased the insurance and I have yet to hear back from the technician. Thomasville quality has declined tremendously. I look at this sofa and hate it more and more every day. Regret that I spent the $5000 on this piece of junk. Never buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We bought our sofa in 2011. We bought our sofa and a chair in 2011. We've been mostly happy with the purchase and the cushions have worn well. The springs suddenly popped up and have made the sofa unusable. We paid ~$5K and expected it to last. My parents have a couple of Ethan Allen sofas for years and never had issues with springs. Really disappointed in Thomasville.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Thomasville Furniture is by far the worst we have ever owned. Less than one week after delivery, the springs broke on the sofa and had to be replaced. Another month after that, the springs in the chair broke even though no one was seated in it at the time. The cushions lack support and the seams in the fabric have shifted from the edges and have to be pushed back after every use. After only owning for a few years, we have to replace it because it is extremely uncomfortable to sit on for any length of time. Do not buy this furniture. You have been warned.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The seams on the cushions of these sofas have ripped open repeatedly, the first time within 90 days of delivery. The first time, they came out and replaced two of the cushion covers. Ever since, they refuse to respond other than to say the fabric is out of warranty, but the sewing is the issue. They do not respond to multiple inquiries from the Better Business Bureau either. So, if you think paying several thousand dollars for a sofa will get you a company that backs up its products, look elsewhere. This is especially disappointing given that the salesperson informed us not to worry about Scotch guarding the sofas as Thomasville stood behind them for life.

Thomasville Furniture Company Information