Thomasville Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased the Benjamin sofa, loveseat and ottoman in December of '14 and it took over 6 months to get it. It's beautiful and comfortable, but not as well made as Thomasville used to be. We have another Thomasville sofa and ottoman in another room and the leather has held up beautifully and looks brand new after 10 years of use. Not so with this new furniture. The leather scratches very easily and it will cost me $200/cushion to replace them.

I have 4 cushions that are bad and now I have to keep throw blankets over them until company comes over. Even jeans scratch the leather. Terrible quality! I paid $6,800 for this new set and it just makes me sick to think that I will probably have to replace the furniture within a few short years. Our Thomasville bedroom furniture is 39 years old and we still have it because it is solid and well made. It may be out of date, but it is still beautiful. I hate that Thomasville has lowered their standards and their quality of furniture. I could always depend on this company to fulfill our furniture needs but I will never buy another piece of Thomasville ever again. Shame on you, Thomasville, for cheating your customers with high prices and poor quality.

Order placed on 4/24/16. After several months of inquiries with Thomasville Furniture Store asking for the status of mattress & box springs, I have yet to receive the aforementioned items. Today is September 7, 2016. The reason provided is the mattress and box springs are custom made in North Carolina. I don't see this as an excuse. No other reasons but "delays" were given to me from the Southlake office and the warehouse. On a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being extremely dissatisfied with Thomasville and 10 being extremely satisfied with Thomasville, I give Thomasville a "O."

We purchased $25,000 worth of furniture from Thomasville, expecting it to be of good quality. Within 6 months the rust colored "hard wear" fabric on the sofa and recliner was yellow with a tinge of orange. We returned it and got a leather recliner sofa and 2 barrel chairs. Both chairs were broken within 6 months and the fabric was shredding. Now the plastic gizmo that operates the reclining mechanism snapped. The leather looks at least 20 years old and all the side panels on the cushions have cracked and peeled. The furniture is less than 5 years old. We are still waiting for the remote repair service to get back to us.

We purchased Thomasville Mission Art Dining Room furniture back in 2001. It was expensive, heavy furniture that we were told was solid oak furniture that would last us a lifetime. Little did we know that it was nothing but cheaply veneered furniture. Now I am faced with a very expensive refinishing after the veneer has buckled and peeled. Beware if you shop at Thomasville you may not be getting what you are paying for!!!

I ordered a custom couch and chair for $3,668 with a $1300 down payment. On delivery, I got a call that the order must be paid in full before I could even SEE the merchandise. It could have come in zebra stripes and I'd be stuck with it. Also, Thomasville accepts no liability for damage in shipment but hides behind a delivery company. After reading all the terrible reviews about Thomasville's junk furniture on Consumeraffairs.com, I insisted on seeing the merchandise. I got an arrogant NO!

I grew up in North Carolina and remember the old Thomasville company where fine craftsmen created furniture that lasted for generations and you were led into the plant and shown your custom order with pride. This is not the same company but has been bought by various companies since then and apparently has become an arrogant, grasping, schlock outfit afraid to show its products until it has every penny of your money. I bailed and ate the $1300, and considered that I cut my loss with great relief. I hope they go bankrupt as they deserve.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thomasville Furniture?

After 10 years with my leather couch I decided it was time for a new couch in my family room. I chose a sectional couch from Thomasville that appeared to be both attractive and sturdy. I have owned the couch for less than a year and it often looks older than 10 years old. Within a month of the couch arriving one of the attached cushions was sinking and looked terrible.

I called the store which had assured me their service was superb. It took 3 months to get someone out to look at it. Basically he put some more stuffing in the cushion and left me with some "just in case" suffice it to say I have used all the extra stuffing and actually added an additional pillow to the bottom and it still flatness! I went with a moderate to high price upholstery since it would get a good bit of use. Three of the six seat cushions have started peeling. There are only two adults in the house and the only thing we do on the couch is sit on it. This was a very expensive couch but you would never know it by its looks. I will never shop at Thomasville again.

We purchased an entire living room set of Thomasville furniture, including two couches and two chairs. Within a years, the clips and springs had broken in three of the four pieces. The retailer who sold the furniture repaired them (using more plastic clips provided by Thomasville), and within another year they broke again. Thomasville is difficult to reach and provides poor customer service. This has been the worst furniture and worst customer service experience we've ever had. We are basically stuck with poor quality furniture that was sold at a premium price.

I bought this expensive Thomasville sofa at Miskelly Furniture thinking I would never have to buy another sofa as my hubby and I live alone and seldom have company. The springs had broken within 3 years after it was purchased. Thank goodness I bought the warranty. I contacted the company who honors the warranty and they sent the repair parts. Who would have thought a $2,000 sofa would have plastic connecting the springs?! Now I can't get a response from the woman who was supposed to send someone to make proper repairs. So disappointed!

My husband and I purchased two tables from the "Hemingway Collection" for use in our home. We are senior citizens. The finish on the tables are so fragile, they do not tolerate any kind of ordinary use. We use coasters for beverages, and do not have food on the tables, yet the finish on my husband's table is bubbled, rings on it, scratched and starting to check and lift. We called and had the technician out to no avail. We were told unless the whole finish was checked and lifting, it was not defective. The end tables were around $700 each, and should be of high quality. A consumer should be able to use the piece as it was intended to be used, with ordinary care. Obviously the finish on these tables is too soft to be used as furniture.

BEWARE of Thomasville Furniture! The customer care manual you receive AFTER you purchase your furniture states that no plastic, vinyl or rubber can be put on your furniture because it may cause the finish to deteriorate! This happened to my furniture when I left a small vinyl change purse on my dresser. Totally ruined! The finish on my headboard also began to deteriorate and I was told by Thomasville customer service that it was due to the use of laundry detergent and fabric softener on my cotton pillowcases.

The furniture inspector that was sent to my house by Thomasville said he had never seen anything like it, but no warranty service was offered because the vinyl change purse was a violation of the furniture care procedures and that using detergent and fabric softener also violated the procedures against using harsh chemicals. Thomasville does not stand behind their products and after 30 years and a house full of Thomasville furniture - we will never purchase another piece of their furniture! #badwarranty #defective furniture

First time used the chair leg fell off. Awful quality. $10,000 dining room set.

Purchased a very high end Thomasville bedroom set about 20 years ago. Construction has held up except the handles have broken off at the ends. Now I am stuck with 2 knobs and no drawer pull and no way to repair. Almost like they were made of some precast material. Extremely disappointed. Invested in what I thought would last a lifetime.

I bought 2 pieces of furniture in San Jose. There were five drawers chest and media chest. We went to showroom 3 times and talked with different designers. All of them told us how wonderful their factory was, and told us they made the chest in their factory. Nobody mentioned China. After we got two chests, we found them made in China. When I called them, the designer told me completely different thing. We are very disappointed. We are so sad that we can't trust their designers.

Another dissatisfied customer - Pictures below of Latham Recliner. I purchased a Leather Couch and Leather Chair from Thomasville 1-1/2 years ago and loved the furniture until about a year into them. The first issue was the workmanship on the Sofa. The frame broke down - literally. I called the service department and they came out almost at once, looked at the sofa and agreed that something happened and they would repair it - Great. They came out two days later and picked up the Sofa and to my surprise did not wrap it and scuffed it on the way to the truck where at that point unknown to the delivery people I was watching and they simply tossed the Sofa into the back of the truck. I called their service department which they promptly called the next day and apologized and sent a new sofa to replace that one. Thank You.

Fast forward a few months later. I noticed the leather on the recliner was beginning to fade. I had taken a picture of it when it originally arrived and compared it to the way it looked now. The original was a deep brown leather and now the leather has faded so much it’s a completely different color - light brown! So I called their service department again and they came right out. The guy that came out tried to tell me the sunlight has faded the leather but as I told him, how could that be if all the leather is faded the same for one? Secondly the windows are heavily tinted to keep the UV rays out for that exact purpose and finally why was the rest of my furniture not faded and only the Chair was? They insisted it was because of the sun which is ridiculous. They now want to pick the chair up and restain it only after telling me it will just fade and probably rub off anyway. REALLY - why would I allow this??

I have purchased leather many times and have never ever had a leather chair discolor this way. Wear yes but never completely change colors. This is what happen when you outsource your product to China, not quality control. Thomasville used to stand for quality and a great reputation. I read all of the blogs before purchasing this furniture and was a little leery but after seeing the furniture and receiving it in good condition I was quite please but now in less than two years the Sofa was replaced because it was falling apart and now the dark brown leather chair I paid almost $2000 for is a light baby brown. Too bad Thomasville, if you don't get your company together your customer will turn elsewhere.

My 80 yr old mom purchased 2 lamps from Thomasville on Old Country Rd in Long Is a couple of months ago. My mom realized the damage and spoke to a sale person aka Manager, and was told to return the lamps for exchange. At the store was told no exchange or refund. Help.

In 98 I bought 4 chairs and a couch, which wore well. Replaced couch and chairs (2) with swivel and rocker plus love seat. Well what a mistake!! The love seat springs had to be replaced. The chair have mechanism failed. One was replaced. Spoke to manager, no reply.

My wife and I ordered a living room sofa sectional, leather arm chair, leather ottoman, wool rug, king bed, and fabric bench. The sales person/designer was extremely patient and helpful. He has been the only bright spot in our experience. First, it does take 6-8 weeks to get furniture. I think our first delivery took 8-9 weeks. They only deliver to my area during the week so I had to take off time from work to be home. First, the couch was the wrong sectional configuration, the fabric on our bench was the wrong fabric, and the bed wasn't ready to ship yet so I got a partial delivery. The delivery guys called their dispatcher and it was decided to leave the wrong couch until the right one was built. I had already paid 50% down when we ordered the furniture and they wanted the rest of the money then even though only 25% of my order was right. I refused to pay any more money and they said ok.

The second delivery - about 4 weeks later - finally had the bed and corrected bench. The bed was delivered and set up. A few days later my wife realized the bed was wrong. It wasn't supposed to have a foot board so she contacted the salesperson and he agreed it was indeed wrong. So again we would have to wait 4-6 weeks for the correct bed frame to be ordered.

The third delivery finally fixed the bed and brought us the correct couch. All went smoothly until later that day when my wife realized that the corner unit of the sectional was missing some metal beading that was on all the other pieces. Again she called the salesperson and we are now waiting for somebody to come out and fix the couch (add the metal beading).

Through all of this, either my wife or I had to be home during the week for several hours waiting on a delivery. If I hadn't already paid them 100% I would refuse to be home again after the 2nd time and force them to come on the weekends or forget getting the rest of the payment. The quality seems to be fine and we were careful to select the right cushions/fabric/details in the store to make sure we knew what we were getting. The problem is that dealing with the Thomasville after the sale is such a pain in the ass, I would probably never buy from them again if I could help it.

I found a metal frame headboard and footboard that I really liked. There was no pricing information so I placed it on the "wish list" and searched for a retailer. I wanted to print a larger picture of the bed and frame the item number but was unable to access the item again. The website would open but I could not open up the "Bedroom-Beds" section. In the meantime I saw all of the complaints and realized there must be something wrong with Thomasville, one of the proudest old names in furniture. If your website doesn't work, then I would be very wary of the company in general. In this day and age, most sales are conducted online. I am 72--if I want to buy online, I am sure all the people younger than me want to do the same. Too bad.

Too bad we didn't listen to the reviews here. We bought our furniture 12 weeks ago. No updates nothing. We called over 6 to 7 times only to find out our bed did not even shipped yet. So we canceled our order and we were told our money will be refunded in 3 business days. After a week, no refund. We called again to find out they did not do anything to the order. Now they talk about no cancelation policy. We got mad and mentioned the order was delayed 4 weeks past their promise date and they are supposed to cancel it tomorrow. We don't have any hopes they will do that. We will be contacting a lawyer if nothing happens by tomorrow. This whole buying process have caused us a lot of stress and body pain due to sleeping on the floor.

After reading the reviews on this site I felt I had to respond. I had a great experience from the second I walked in the door. I was treated well by the staff at the Alpharetta location especially the manager, **. My furniture came in 7 weeks (8 was the estimated time frame). The delivery went very smoothly and my designer called to see if I was happy with my purchase. It was a great experience, I recommend this store and its staff.

We purchased an entire living room of furniture from Thomasville in Brentwood, MO. Nothing is even close to being worth what it cost. First, the sectional sofa is very uncomfortable; too firm and the cushions have flattened in less than a year. I had made it clear to the sales rep that this is where my husband and I would be relaxing in the evenings...but we both hate to even sit here now. Second, the armchair cushions have lost all shape. This piece actually WAS comfortable, but looks like we have had it for 10 yrs instead of one...and this gets less sitting than the sofa. We also purchased an ottoman that came with the legs all different lengths so it wobbles. Ok, I could go on...but you get the point. TERRIBLE QUALITY. DO NOT BUY.

We were hesitate to purchase Thomasville kitchen cabinets because of all the negative reviews but we went ahead anticipating we would need replacement pieces once they arrived. I am VERY happy to say we had NO problems at all. The cabinets all arrived in the timeframe promised, they were all packaged well, no damage anywhere once they were all unboxed and all pieces fit the design perfectly. Our designer at Daly City store, **, was excellent and very easy to deal with. We could not be happier.

I bought a sofa at Thomasville because of the quality, I am satisfied with it. It is very comfy and sturdy. I just wish the color of the fabric would have looked differently in the store since it looked like it had purple undertones there and when the piece arrived nine weeks later it was totally beige!

I purchased 2 $2000 sofas from Thomasville 3 years ago. I bought the same sofas actually twice. I gave away the old pair and bought the new ones in 2012. What a mistake! The 2012 sofas were not the quality of the previous pair. The cushions were not comfortable - and I - Like other reviewers went back to the store after purchase to sit on the showroom sofa and it was much more comfortable. The sales clerk told me that they had been there a long time and that was why. Mine were hard and not great to sit on. We also felt the springs come loose. Thomasville used PLASTIC clips for the springs.

They have offered to come out and replace the springs clips because they are under a 5 year warranty. HOWEVER, my fabric that we paid to UPGRADE is crap. It is worn and looks like it's about to tear in places. Not acceptable. When I contacted customer service they stated the fabric is a one year warranty and nothing can be done. No speaking to a supervisor, nothing. They have obviously done a 180 on making sure their customers are satisfied. I will never buy another piece of furniture from Thomasville. Guardsman warranty is crap as well. Do not purchase. And in the days of customer loyalty programs, it is appalling to me that they didn't have my information stored. I certainly will post on social media my extreme disappointment with Thomasville.

I bought several pieces of furniture by Thomasville because of the quality. The 1st bedroom suit I bought is still holding up after 8 years. Then, I bought a couch. What a mistake. I paid about $3,000 for it. I did not realize the cushions were stuffed with feathers. After getting stuck by several of them, I contacted the store. I was told that the couch should have a lining that prevents the feathers from sticking out and because I did not buy the warranty, there was nothing they could do. So I was stuck with the cough. Giving it away was not an option not as I spent a lot of money for it. I wish I would have read reviews of this company before I bought it.

I liked Thomasville furniture, so in Jan. I bought a "cognac" color media console and a cocktail table from it. However, as of right now, I have very bad experience in the furniture I got. I got my 2 pieces of furniture delivered on Feb. 16th, 2015 first. There are issues for both. The media console was wrong color and poor quality. I ordered the "cognac" color, but I got another color. But not just the wrong color, it was also poor quality. The door did not slide well and also there are multiple hitting marks on the furniture. I communicated with the customer service multiple times and verification from their service person, the customer service re-ordered me a new piece for correction.

After 1 month, eventually I was told the re-ordered piece arrived. The customer service did tell me for the new piece they will have "special inspection" before delivery to me to make sure it is the right color and good quality. On March 24th, the replaced furniture arrived, but after I took a look, it is the same wrong color. I was really pissed off. This is waste of my time for so much communications, sending photos and having their service guy to come to my house to verify the wrong color in the first delivery on 2/16/2015. So I refused to accept it this time. Evidently, it was not inspected at all before it was delivered to my house for the re-ordered piece, let alone "special" inspection.

Cocktail table: there are hitting dents and defective all over the table, especially the leg. So I asked to get it replaced as the media console. I sent the photos to customer service. She insisted it is repairable. I said I ordered the new pieces, with so many issues. It is not new piece any more after so many repairs. The repair will not get it to the level of brand new piece. After so many back and forth, I was tired. Since the issue for the leg is severe, I asked to give the replaced leg and try other area to repair. On 3/24/15, I received the re-ordered leg and wait for the repair and installation of the leg. But with all the multiple issues, shall I accept it as a brand new piece?

I have spent too much time to explain the issues, take photos, send emails, follow up the updates, call customer service and arrange the time for delivery and service and it is such a hassle so far and I still did not get what I ordered. I really want Thomasville to compensate all the extra time I spent on this. This is really very disappointing experience. It does not matter to have issue, but it matters how the company fixes the issue. I start to question whether Thomasville has quality control and inspection. If it does, how come I got the wrong color the second time. Why was I told a "special inspection" for the re-ordered piece, but nothing happened before it was delivered to me even the second time?

Actually this is not the first time I had this kind of issues. In early 2013, similar situation happened as well. I ordered the chairs for one color during Xmas time of 2012 and the chairs were not delivered till over 4 months later and then I got the wrong color. Ever since, I thought their quality control level was improved. But it seems now the issue is even worse than before. As of right now, I am disappointed and angry about my experience, so I want to use this channel to help me to get it fixed.

I bought a dining room floor model (Brompton Hall model) set from Thomasville in Paramus NJ for over $10,000. I was promised by the sales lady ** and store manager ** that the set I am getting is better than the floor model they had on their sales floor because "it was stored in their warehouse". I thought I am getting the furniture worth of $10,000, instead, I got refinished table with many dents (they have to replace it), a cabinet that lights are not working (they replaced the control unit and a light bulb because it was different size), paint was uneven (they have to retouch the paint), scratched glass shelf and missing wood plugs for screw holes which they refused to replace and all six chairs have cracked seat back and they used black Sharpie to do the touch up jobs (it is brown wood)! The repair technician told me that there is no way he can repair these cracks and retouch the lousy touch up they did because it was under the clear coat.

They refused to repair or replace these chairs. I went back with pictures to show another sales person- ask him whether it is acceptable for the chair backs to have such kind of touch up job and crack and still sell to a customer. He was shocked and told me that was not acceptable by anyone's standard. On top of that, Thomasville customer service supervisor ** added insult to the matter, declaring that there is no warranty for the furniture because it was floor model. When I bought the furniture, I was told that this set I am getting have full manufacturer’s warranty. I have asked whether I can have just the chairs returned or refunded, I was quoted for additional $2500 to get the chairs in the condition as I should get in the first place. They refuse to take anything back for refund. BBB was involved.

Bought a VERY expensive bedroom suite from Thomasville only to have the pulls on the dresser, night table and armoire break off at the ends (design flaw). So, I'm stuck with Thomasville dresser etc. drawers that can't be opened because I have searched high and low in stores and on the internet for replacement hardware but nobody makes the specific type that Thomasville used on this bedroom set. When I contacted Thomasville, they basically said if I can't find the replacement hardware on their website, too bad, there was nothing they could do about it. So, lesson learned, I will never purchase Thomasville furniture again, especially at their prices.

We have purchased multiple items from Thomasville including a dining room set, bedroom set and a chair. The sales woman told us about Guardsman insurance. We were interested since we were potentially about to move within the next few years. She told us as long as damage occurs inside the home it would be covered even if it was during a move. We ended up moving within the time frame covered by the insurance policy. The movers broke the bed right in front of me, scratched and gouged the rest.

When furniture arrived we filed a claim with Guardsman to have it fixed. They strung us along allowing us to believe that they intended to fix the damage but ended with an e-mail informing us that they were not covering any of it. I pursued the matter and after multiple phone calls finally received a refund for the initial purchase of the insurance from Guardsman. I will never purchase furniture from any company that supports or promotes Guardsman insurance.

March 2013 we purchased an Intuition II mattress at Thomasville in Overland Park KS. In less than a year and a half, it is sagging so badly that it is impossible to sleep on. After contacting Thomasville multiple times we were shuffled over to the manufacturer, Kingstown in Mebane, NC. We have jumped through many many hoops trying to get resolution but are convinced now that we are stuck with a very expensive mattress that is no good. I would NEVER buy anything from Thomasville again after learning that they willingly put their label on junk and then do nothing to try to resolve issues. Kingstown is the same....... not willing to provide any resolution.

Thomasville Furniture Company Profile